[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aaaaaaaaaa.jpg (122 KB, 1200x1604)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Any decent alternatives to benadryl for sleep that wont give me hallucinations? Don't say melatonin already taking that ontop of bendadryl to fall asleep
>>
>>1019474
Set your alarm clock every day, without fail, and get up when it goes off.

>I am special and this will not work for me
Yes it will, fucking do it. I used to think I was special like you do, but I was simply deluding myself. You're not special, set
the alarm for eight hours after you want to be asleep, and never, not even once, skip a day.
>>
>>1019477
I already do this every day to keep to my work schedule though. The problem is falling asleep, some days I end up pulling all nighters (just laying in bed, not fiddling with a phone or anything) if I don't have any sleep aids.
>>
>>1019474
Set your sleep clock every day, without fail, and go to sleep when it goes off.

>I am special and this will not work for me
Yes it will, fucking do it. I used to think I was special like you do, but I was simply deluding myself. You're not special, set
the alarm for the time you want to go to sleep, and never, not even once, skip a day.
>>
>>1019542
>I have a metabolic problem and need a special solution just for me
>>
limit caffeine and alcohol. limit screen time before bed, especially from a cell phone. have a bedtime routine and stick to it. exercising and eating at certain times each day can help. eating a lot of carbs at dinner can make it difficult for me to fall asleep.
>>
>>1019474
Insomnia and parasomnia patient here, sometimes I don't sleep for a week. First thing you should do is visit a doc, get into a sleep laboratory. They might even scan your brain. If it's not the result of a bodily illness they will tell you about sleep habbits and meditation and garbage - ignore that. All of those retard advices will not work.

All you can really do is drugs. I prefer benzos because they're the only thing that even lets me feel tired, have little side effects and the sleep they induce feels very cozy and good compared to antihistamines like diphenhydramin or promethazine. Often enough you can get back into a good sleep cycle with benzos and then leave them be for a while. They are very very addicting.

If you can't find a good doc for a perscription because these fags will rather tell you about hot tea and sound therapy you can always buy the shit you really need to sleep on alternative market places.
>>
>>1019605
>these fags will rather tell you about hot tea and sound therapy
It's almost as if drugs have unpredictable, possibly dangerous, side effects and dependency issues, and in most cases aren't necessary or worth the risk.

>yeah but I know better than doctors
Of course, silly me.
>>
>>1019612
>Please waste time and money on this magic chakra meditation and sugar water while every single day feels like the worst torture imaginable. Also there's a pill back here that can immediately give you some relieve but I'm not giving it to you because you might get addicted before blowing your brain out
Thank god I literally live with this condition for 21 years now and know about every nuance and detail about it and what to do when someone runs into a rank A faggot like you in the medical system.
>>
>>1019617
>I know everything
You clearly haven't been keeping up with research on the placebo effect. There's a reason we test drugs against placebo and not against nothing.

>every single day feels like the worst torture imaginable
Oh you poor kitten.
>>
>>1019622
Ah yes, placebo me to sleep you sweet retard. It's incredible how you take a moralic highground abou boohoo drugs bad and then fail to show even a basic level of compassion towards the condition in question that you can't even relate to.

I sincerely hope you will suffer from just a week of total insomnia at least once in your life and I sincerely hope you will think back at this exact moment when you are ready to hang yourself rather than to go another day without sleep.
>>
>>1019633
>I developed a drug dependency but drugs don't have side effects
You're not really helping your case here.
>boohoo drugs bad
Drugs, particularly ones you intend to be taking every day for your entire life, can have serious unintended effects. You're living proof. It's irresponsible to be trying to talk someone into gaming the system just so they end up with the same problems you've got.

The reason you exhaust all the other interventions first is the non-pharmaceutical ones don't make life-long changes to your brain chemistry. If skipping straight to the drugs were risk-free, you wouldn't need supervision from both a doctor and a pharmacist.
>>
>>1019643
You know what bro? You win.

Try giving sound therapy and hand reading to terminally ill next after you're done with everything else. Cure the world and burn drugs.

I'm out. Go ahead and recommend OP some brands of tea and alarm clocks.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (65 KB, 1080x430)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1019646
>terminally ill
You sound like pic related. You're not terminally ill, and neither is OP.
Grow up.
>>
File: neil.jpg (32 KB, 500x385)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1019646
>terminally ill
Have a cup of herbal tea.
>>
>>1019650
Not him but you need some reading comprehension.
>>
Body scan technique.
Yes it’s one of those hippy mindfullness things, but works for me now (after many tries) . Even does the trick when I wake way too soon in middle of the night.
>>
Living a less stressed life
>>
Magnesium and Zinc before going to bed.
>>
who the fuck are you quoting

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.