[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsg/ - Worksafe GIF

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, WEBM
  • There are 155 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: GM.webm (3.22 MB, 722x720)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB WEBM
post some with the same vibes
>>
>>3879864
>>
Bump
>>
>>3879864
>VCR sounds
>guts theme
Magnifique!
>>
File: Shuzo Matsuoka.webm (3.56 MB, 640x480)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB WEBM
>>3879864
>>
>>3879865
I miss him bros
>>
>>3879864
>>3882160
>there will never be another "GOOD FUCKING MORNING GOD DAMMIT"
>there will never be one more "yummy snack"
>you will never again hear the natty anthem ringing to the sound of Rich's SHOOP AH
feel like pure shit bros just want him back GOD DAMMIT x
>>
>>3881709
Meh I hate the whole "just live for today" bullshit. If we all really lived that way we'd be broke, fat and unprepared.

Live today to build the future you want. That includes planting trees today who's shade you won't benefit from until 20 years from now.

Honestly the best advice I've ever been given was to plan and prepare today for the absolute worst outcome you could imagine happening tomorrow. That's basically how I've lived much of my whole life and, spoiler alert, the absolute worst outcome never happens and you find yourself over prepared and over compensated.
>>
>>3879865
>take roids untlil your heart explodes
ok got it
>>
File: 1616119178213.webm (3.34 MB, 1280x720)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB WEBM
>>
>>3881709
>>3882537
this doesnt look honest :(
i want honest clips

>>3881640
thanks
>>
>>3879864
bump :)
>>
>>3882550
yeah, chinks are fake af
>>
>>3884403
thats not what i meant
>>
>>3882295
Live for today is much harder than you think. Live for today means really, REALLY, live right now. Do you feel like eating that pie? Yes? Good, take a bite. Do you need to take the next bite? No? Then don't take it. No habitual eating. No: finish the whole plate because you paid $20 for it. Do you really need that house? No really... do you really, truly, deeply, need that house? No? Then save your money. You live in a place where hurricanes exist. Do they really exist? Do they truly exist as you understand, or are you making any of it up? Absolutely sure? Then build yourself some protective shelter! Work needs to be done; are you tired? Are you really tired, or are you just bored because you're wishing you were doing something else? There is nothing else other than what you are doing right now... therefore, do the work.

No more, no less, than what is actually happening in life. Including perceptions of needs, wants, value, etc...
>>
>>3884403
Imagine surfing a board dedicated to all shit Japanese, then watching some Japanese people and insulting them with the wrong nationality.
>>
>>3879865
This August will mark the 10 year anniversary of Zyzz's death. I wish he knew how many people he's inspired over the past decade.
>>
>>3879865
I started working out for him bro
>>
>>3882537
PIXEL ASIAN MAN!
>>
>>3882295
That's because you're looking at it way too simplistically.
The entire point is if you focus on your life being in order, here and now, you'll be okay. But if you obsess over the future, you're just going to fuck yourself with anxiety and still fail to put things in order
>>
>>3885153
you're gonna make it, keep pushing
>>
>>3882285
The Pianoman lives forever in our hearts and out actions. Right babe?
>>
g-guys can we continue posting webms please
>>
>>3882285
SONG SAUCE PLS
hard to google cause its a single basic phrase
>>
>>3888409
https://youtu.be/xmavhhRNjk4?t=176
kek didnt expect this
>>
>>3888409
https://youtu.be/dhLmPXZLqvA?t=101
this is the right version though
>>
File: 1596841706459.webm (2.88 MB, 1280x720)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>3888389
sure
>>
>>3888458
fucking kek
>>
File: angery.webm (3.82 MB, 1280x720)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB WEBM
>>3879864
>>
this one is amazing
>>
File: Dl8n7h-2-1.webm (5.97 MB, 720x480)
5.97 MB
5.97 MB WEBM
>>
>>3889410
Which interview is this from? Looks maybe like the dutch one.
>>
>>3889500
https://youtu.be/1ruwVc0t2c0?t=3114
>>
>>3889502
ty. hope you make more JP webms, love him
>>
>>3889507
will do just for you fren, check back in a few hours :)
>>
>>3889510
ty, ty!
>>
>>
>>3889655
why am I crying in the club
>>
File: Responsibility.webm (4.47 MB, 1280x720)
4.47 MB
4.47 MB WEBM
>>3889511
>>
>>3889927
had a hard time compressing this
>>
>>
>>3889655
this is the greatest video ever made
>>
>>3882550
matsuoka shuzo is a very inspiring man. Its true he isnt a fisherman fishing in the cold sea but hes pretty genuine.
>>
>>3889410
Never seen him get so worked up
>>
>>3889162
YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT
>>
>>3889927
>>3890027

Who's this guy?
>>
>>3891493
Jordan Peterson
>>
>>3889410
so cringe, men are now bugs
>>
>>3892803
You are projecting my dear anon.
>>
>>3889394
I really enjoy someone going out of their way to blur the fucking creator's watermark at the top... fuck people are ungrateful. No wonder nobody makes OC anymore
>>
>>3879865
guy would have been popular af on twitch
>>
>>3889162
We all laugh, but unironically he could eradicate 99.9% of humans in a unarmed gladiatorial deathmatch
>>
>>3893254
I actually know the original version, and it was shit imo so whoever made it better decided to remove the other watermark and didn't even add his own
>>
>>3889655
damn...
>>
>>3893961
Unarmed combat usually relies on grounding attacks or fast strikes to the face
on the ground this guy would kill anyone he got his hands on. that being said, noone would touch him to do anything but try to trip him or to clock him in his bloated face. enough hits to his noggin and he's still as concussed as the rest of us.
>>
>>3894484
he would just Lesnar tackle you m8, you're not doing shit
>>
>>3889655
this is one the best things ive ever seen
>>
>>3879864
RIP Rich
>>
Do any of you beautiful bastards have the webm of Charles Bikowski's Poem - All The Way.
Please and Thank you.
>>
File: 1593389406837.webm (3.83 MB, 1032x718)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB WEBM
>>
>>3879864
rest in peace rich
you too, aniki
>>
>>3893254

Fuck your egocentric asshole, get a real job you bum. Watermarks are cancer

t: oc creator
>>
>>3881709
>>3882537
based japanese
>>
>>3895616
that shot of the dinosaur kek
>>
>>3889655
checked and got me snickering like a bitch
>>
>>3895642
I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>3879865
fuck I miss zyzz so much
>>
>>3895616
>and i'm real
how fucking kino can it possibly get
>>
File: im fuarkin zeez brah.webm (1.08 MB, 720x480)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB WEBM
>>3879865
feel like pure shit just want him back x
>>
>>3882355
mad cuz bad bro?
>>
>>3895616
>slowly stares off into the distance
>watching the sun rise over the earth and seeing the void of space
>it just clicks for him
>I'm real...
Would have been an amazing moment, but the dinosaur made me lose my shit, too fucking funny.
>>
>>3889394
>>3893254
>>3893967
put the storming the capitol images back in you fucking cuck
>>
>>3899924
they were cringe
>>
File: macho.webm (4.19 MB, 640x500)
4.19 MB
4.19 MB WEBM
>>
>>3882550
>>3884403
hes a motivational speaker iirc
>>
>>3893961
amusing you dont just run circles around him and laugh as his fat no cardio ass falls over after a few exhausting punches or kicks.
>>
>>3891493
a benzo addict and incels' father figure
>>
Can you guys stop posting the clean your room faggot everytime
>>
>>3901058
>>3901054
clean your room unironically
>>
>>3893254
memes belong to no one man, it's the ultimate sin to claim one as your own and flies completely in the face of the culture. You'd know this if you weren't a faggot
>>
>>3891493
ben shapiro
>>
>>3901132
One time I put a "by X" at the end of a video I made and felt so retarded that I took the video down and remade it without that, In my mind, you're releasing a meme for the people and not for yourself
>>
>>3901139
ultimately it's an idea. it's not YOUR idea, it's the culmination of everything you've experienced (including the memes of other people) up until this point that produces the idea. One day you'll be dead, but the idea will still be there. It's irrelevant who it came from, just that it's true
>>
>>3879864
My goal is to have anal sex with a girl (xx). But it's hard to find a girl (xx) that will love me and enjoy anal.
>>
>>3889410
>>3889927
>>3890027
Thank you. I love peterson.
>>
>>3888267
>That's because you're looking at it way too simplistically.
It's actually just taking what people are literally saying. If people mean something else, then they should say what they actually mean.

But either way "living in the moment" only applies if you don't actually have any problems/issues and are just a product of your thoughts.
>>
>>3889410
>This narrative of oppression is so ungrateful
I know he's talking about women and minorities in this clip but economic oppression is a very real thing and there's nothing to be grateful about it.
>Life was much worse before the 20th century
The fact that he can say all of this and still isn't an antinatalist is really absurd to me.
>Economic miracle during 20th century
And the benefits have almost entirely gone to the ruling class. What does the average person have to be grateful for? Spending the majority of their salary on housing? Barely being able to afford healthcare or food? No prospects for retirement? The only way that they can afford all of these things is by doing something they hate for their entire lives, preventing them from living at all. When people say "the economy has improved" they really mean technology has improved. We can now afford better gadgets and have an increased ability to numb themselves from the oppression. What actually causes happiness?
>>
>>3889927
>Take on responsibility
Sure. I think doing what you can to improve your situation is a good thing.
>...even if none of your suffering is your own fault
We're going into the realm of false positivity and the spreading of delusional motivational phrases. If the problems that you have are not caused by you but are caused externally, then it's better to focus on these external forces than whatever issues you have internally.
>If you attempt to lay responsibility on society or being itself then this makes everything much worse.
This quite clearly isn't true. Fixing societal/systemic issues is by the most effective method for ending suffering in the world. I don't understand what his actual point is here.
>>
>>3901059
Stop paying rent unironically.
>>
>>3901635
Spotted the vaush communist faggot
>>
>>3902018
Don't watch Vaush. Not a communist. Just try and respond to any of my points with attempting to use ad hominems.
>>
>>3901635
Holy shit you're a priviliged cunt, you completely missed his point
>>
>>3902088
You literally know nothing about me. Calling me priviledged continues to not be an argument.
>you completely missed his point
Why do people consistently say this but never actually explain what the point actually was.
>>
File: 1587362219953.gif (411 KB, 36x37)
411 KB
411 KB GIF
>>3901635
>What does the average person have to be grateful for?
you have to be fucking shitting me
>>
>>3898821
kys tripfag
>>
>>3902219
You're the third person now who hasn't provided a singke argument and instead posted the equivalent of a reaction gif. People and animals suffer more than we are happy, even post civilisation. This doesn't change with the access to the internet and modern technology because the root problems aren't being solved.
>>
>>3902229
you don't consider living in a home with heating, plenty of food, guaranteed to live to like 70 more years, extra money for all kinds of entertainment and hobbies isn't a step forward in quality of life?
are you really that retarded?
>>
>>3889655
Deep.
>>
>>3891493
Elon Musk.
>>
>>3902236
You seem to misunderstand what I'm actually saying. I completely agree, now is really the best point in history to live. We don't have to be afraid of famine, freezing to death or suffering from some dumb illness. But you seem to believe that advanced technology and civilisation just magically causes happiness, which it doesn't and I literally made this point in the post you responded to. If people must constantly live their lives on their edge of their budget, do something they dislike for their entire lives just to afford the bare minimum then civilisation hasn't actually allowed people to move up Maslow's hierarchy of needs. No amount of internet access, movies or games makes up for this. Life on Earth has evolved to suffer, just as it's evolved to be delusional about the value of life. The animals that responded more negatively to negative things and were never able to be satisfied were more likely to respond to life threatening situations. Just because people in the modern age live better lives than those 1000 or 100 000 years ago still doesn't change the fact that people are still living net negative lives.
>guaranteed to live to like 70 more years
If you made it past a few years you were likely to reach 70. The life expectancy was only so low because of a high infant mortality rate. You're also implying that living a longer life is good even if people are living a net negative lives.
>>
>>3902263
>No amount of internet access makes up for this
It does, nowadays, everyone has the ability to live a happy life, just because it's still the same, doesn't mean nothing changed
everyone with an internet connection now has the ability to live a happy life and make ungodly amounts of money or friends and other things which allow to live a happy life

what are you even on about?

>have a shitty life
>no job
>bad friends
>go on the internet
>learn how to use the internet
>learn how to invest
>turn your life savings (100 bucks) into 15k
>make a bunch of firneds
>learn programming
>get a job
>retire with 26
>spend time doing what you love

you have to be insane not to take advantage of the Internet or modern life
if you live in 2021 and are still as depressed as people in 1500 then you deserve it
>>
>>3902534
lel underage detected
>>
>>3902597
19 but eh
>>
>>3902597
also explain how I'm wrong (you can't)
>>
>>3882285
RIP rich and RIP zyzz. Were gonna make it.
>>
>>3902534
You don't understand that technology doesn't make people happier though. Suicides rates are far lower in developing countries. Japanese kill themselves constantly when they live in a country where you can get a robot fleshlight waifu, or a burger from a vending machine, there is barely any crime, and the public transport is excellent. Objectively they are living the some one of the best societies that humanity has put together, so why do they kill themselves when some african dirt farmer who lives a mud hut does not? Surely the african has every reason to kill himself.

The reason is that the poor african has something to look forward to, he simply wants to not starve to death or be killed by a tribal militia, if he can open a small shop in a safer town so his kids could have a better life he would be extremely happy, those who live in fully developed countries already have everything, there is nothing to look forward to.

You could say that people who have everything they need could focus on the arts or collect stamps or something retarded, which is true but it's just not how humans work. We strive to do more and more and most of society has evolved to a point where there isn't much left for us to do.
>>
>>3902692
>most of society has evolved to a point where there isn't much left for us to do.
this is just flat out wrong, most if not 90% of the people have goals and things they want to do, most just give up on them and end up like in your example, it's not societies fault for people being weak and giving up too easily
you're point is frankly a bit ridiculous
>>
>>3902534
>learn to code and retire at age 26
AHAHAHAAHAHAHA
>>
>>3895616
kino chat
>>
>>3902698

It doesn't matter if it's ridiculous it's true. You can't give up on a goal of not being poor or not starving to death, at least most wouldn't. Probably true that most peoples will is not strong enough to pursue whatever non essential endeavors are in front of them but it doesn't change the fact that industrialized society makes people less happy.
>>
>>3895616
This dude is a moron. You should never upload your consciousness. Even if you get to experience a hundred trillion years of pure pleasure every attosecond, all some asshole has to do is fuck around with the machine your stored in for 10 seconds, and you will experience almost endless torment.
>>
>>3889162
i want more like this
>>
>>3902534
>learn how to invest
>turn your life savings (100 bucks) into 15k
>learn programming
>get a job
>retire with 26
What in the actual fuck are you talking about? This is a complete delusional fantasy that you live in. I can't tell if this is a troll. Even if this were a realistic scenario, this path would only be achievable for 0.001% of the population. "Invest and 150x your investment" just shows your complete ignorance. The idea that "learning programming" will enable you to somehow retire at 26 is just insanity. I don't even know how to respond to this because this all should just be self evident.
>>
>>3901635
> Antinatalist
Humans should self regulate their birthrate in a time when he views is as having the greatest economic prosperity. Do you believe those ideas are incongruent because you think he should fear that more population would reduce economic prosperity? Or because of some other future change? Because, in and of itself, economic prosperity should be a catalyst for having kids
> What does the average person have to be grateful for?
If you are able to watch that clip on youtube and argue about the validity of his position, then you live a life that was unimaginable, according to him, to the average person 100 years ago. You are educated enough to use words like antinatalism, to even read, to debate whether people have enough freedom or are being economically oppressed. Back then, according to his representation, reading and philosophical discussion were for the privileged. Just because you have to work, doesn't mean you don't have it better than before. And if you choose to numb yourself to the opression with the technology you have instead of pursuing something that makes you happy, that is your choice which you might not have had, according to him.
> What actually causes happiness
Usually it's the pursuit of something where you are actually enabling change (dopamine). So in your spare time, if you push yourself to be better than before (in whatever way you define as better) instead of numbing yourself, you'll generally feel happy, even though you work all day to afford even just a minimal lifestyle, according to your description
>>
>>3901645
He's talking about internal locus of control. If you blame shit on everyone and everything else, to the point where you don't feel like you can take action to better your situation, then you will inhibit your brains ability to regulate dopamine through the pursuit of something. And without pursuing anything in a way that you create change with your actions, you will never be happy
>>
>>3902933
I'm not entirely sure what your point is on antinatalism so sorry I don't know what to respond with. I will say that we aren't living in economic prosperous times for the average person and that most people suffer and cause suffering onto others more than the other way round. Jordan himself seemed to agree with this but he still doesn't arrive at the antinatalist conclusion.
>then you live a life that was unimaginable
So what? If it's still a net negative life. Don't confuse access to technology with happiness. Advanced technology doesn't cause happiness. I addressed these points in the comment that you responded to.
>You are educated enough to use words like antinatalism, to even read, to debate whether people have enough freedom or are being economically oppressed.
None of these cause happiness. I agree that we live in one of the best points in history, I disagree that this means we are "lucky to be alive" when most people and animals are still living net negative lives.
> And if you choose to numb yourself to the opression with the technology you have instead of pursuing something that makes you happy
"Instead of pursuing something that makes you happy" I think really shows that you completely misunderstand the world that we live in. It's not a choice that everything that makes me happy is completely incompatible with the world that we live in. I can't pursue it because it's not economically viable. This such a classic boomer conservative opinion.
>Usually it's the pursuit of something where you are actually enabling change (dopamine)
Dopamine doesn't cause happiness and is unsustainable because of desensitisation. Happiness isn't caused by the "pursuit of something". That is placed right at the top of our hierarchy of needs. People still need to focus on the baseline levels. I think you're projecting your own life onto others.
>>
>>3902939
> If you blame shit on everyone and everything else, to the point where you don't feel like you can take action to better your situation
You're implying that the problem is solvable by the person "taking action".
>And without pursuing anything in a way that you create change with your actions
This is not the cause of happiness. I have no idea where you get this from. There are significantly more important things to worry about before you reach "pursuit of goals" when trying to be happier.
>>
>>3902964
Our (you and I specifically) approaches to life comes from entirely different paradigms. I don't think a couple of posts on this thread will be adequate to enable a paradigm shift in either of us. Even though I can't communicate effectively, I wish you luck in your journey.
>>
>>3902899
>"Invest and 150x your investment" just shows your complete ignorance.
It's true, if you have access to the internet you should be able to do the same, yet you didnt and think it's a fantasy, I have the trade (one trade) history to prove that I'm right
>>
>>3903355
Dude you're not the only one in crypto. No matter how good at investing you are, it all comes down to luck at some point and it's doesn't just magically happen for everyone. The reason why you can't comprehend the suffering in the world is that you've hit the jackpot. Just because you are fortunate and a good life is possible does not mean that it in anyway applies to everyone else.
>>
>>3903039
This still doesn't change the fact that the entire cause for people's suffering is based off of uncontrollable external factors. This is really important to understand.
>>
>>3903355
>>3903462
And this still doesn't excuse the "learn programming, retire by 26" bullshit either.
>>
>>3903469
you don't retire with programming or having a job, those two are unrelated
>>
>>3903470
How does that change anything? How do you magically retire by 26? And please respond to this: >>3903462.
>>
>>3903462
>it all comes down to luck at some point and it's doesn't just magically happen for everyone.
why, everyone has the ability to learn how things work, I didn't have to spend money to figure out how to research projects or how this market works, so what stops you from doing the same? literally nothing

>>Just because you are fortunate and a good life is possible does not mean that it in anyway applies to everyone else.
>Just because you put in the effort to make your life better does not mean everyone can do the same
>>
>>3903477
>why, everyone has the ability to learn how things work
Right before the sentence that you quoted I said "No matter how good at investing you are" which implied that you would learn how markets work and research projects.
>so what stops you from doing the same?
Nothing. And as I very obviously implied before, I have done the same.
>Just because you put in the effort to make your life better does not mean everyone can do the same
Firstly, investing into crypto isn't "putting in the effort". Secondly doing a 150x at 19 requires an overwhelming amount of luck. Only bad but lucky investors would say otherwise.
>>
>>3901635
>life is hard
>we should engage in self-extinction

Go ahead, remove yourself from the gene pool, but the rest of us will keep on striving.
>>
>>3903485
not sure if I should take this as a complement or explain why you're wrong..
It really wasnt luck, I didn't buy some shitcoin and hope it would 100x, I was looking for legit project that were low in mkt cap and here we are now, still didnt sell and likely wont for the next few years
you could argue that i was in the right place at the right time so i guess you're.. right?
>>
>>3903488
If you deliberately word my argument in a way that I wouldn't agree with of course it's going to sound stupid. I never said "life is hard", I said "life is suffering" which is significantly worse. Even if an individual has a good life, through their consumption habits they've caused a great amount of harm onto other people/animals, which increases the asymmetry of suffering/wellbeing.
>but the rest of us will keep on striving.
And life has been striving for happiness ever since it was created. It's an evolved delusion that is evolutionarily advantageous. It is much more likely for life to suffer than it is to be happy, because that's the best way to avoid life threatening situations. Despite the suffering, life has been deluded into thinking that life is worth living because those that did ended up being more likely to survive. Everything that you're saying is an evolved delusion that you're attempting to rationalise. By "striving" you are just continuing the trend of suffering and running into a brick wall.
>>
>>3903503
the fuck did i just read
>>
>>3903493
>It really wasnt luck, I didn't buy some shitcoin and hope it would 100x, I was looking for legit project that were low in mkt cap and here we are now,
You don't think I've done the same? The truth is that "legit" project fail all of the time. Most just continue the trend of mediocrity. Because you've been fortunate (lucky) with your selection of shitcoin you've made money. Repeat it multiple times and then I would admit that you have a gift. I can't believe you're actually denying suffering in the world because you can just invest into a casino and gamble on shitcoins.
>>
>>3903505
Not an argument. It's fairly straight forward.
>>
>>3889410
>>3889927
>>3890027
Why do commies hate him so much? Is it because he advocates for personal responsibility or is it because trannies don't like him because of his refusal to use non-binary trans pronouns?
>>
>>3903541
people (here) don't like him because they have to be contrarian
>>
>>3903541
>Is it because he advocates for personal responsibility
It's because he believes personal responsibility is more important of an issue to solve than systemic issues. I think it's incredibly obvious that people are more likely to live a good life if they lived in a good economy/society than if they pulled themselves up by the bootstraps in a bad economy/society that they are incompatible with.
>because trannies don't like him because of his refusal to use non-binary trans pronouns?
This is one reason but most don't focus on that.
>>
>>3903559
>It's because he believes personal responsibility is more important of an issue to solve
but the first causes the second, no?
>>
>>3903465
Your suffering exists because you choose to focus on that which you can't control. You will never end world hunger, economic oppression, racism. But you can feed one person, help some one down on their luck, and hear and guide an angry soul. If you are passionate enough, you will do it again. And again. And again. With enough consistent effort and intelligent reflection, you will effect the change you seek. But you have to take action. And you will never take action until you regain your internal locus of control. And once you have that, you will start to become happier.
>>
>>3903562
No because wealth inequality, discrimination and the general suffering of life isn't a result of a lack of personal responsibility and people not putting their house in order before they criticise the world.
>>
>>3903568
>Your suffering exists because you choose to focus on that which you can't control.
This argument is overstated and only applies if the problems that one is focusing on are largely insignificant and don't require any change/miracle to fix. In fact a lot of suffering and problems that people have prevent people from just letting go. The fact that you (yourself not the general you) can just "let go" of your problems indicates more about the severity of your problems than the solution to everyone else's.
> You will never end world hunger, economic oppression, racism.
I think you can end end those given how much technology will progress and society will change but I believe old problems will disappear other problems will arise, which is why I'm an antinatalist.
>But you have to take action.
I completely agree, but to be clear this isn't the same thing as "make sure you put your house in order before you blame the world". If people are shovelling dirt into your house (that you're paying the majority of your salary to just rent) then any attempt to focus on internal problems and remove the dirt from your house will be in vain. In order to even begin to attempt to clean your house, the external/societal issues first need to be solved. There's no guarantee the societal/external issues will ever be solved because the majority of people have status quo bias and aren't really willing to do anything about it.
>>
UHHHH THIS IS THE WORK SAFE GIFS (AND WEBMS) BOARD
TAKE THIS SHIT BACK TO
>>>/pol/
>>>/adv/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>3902960
>we aren't living in economic prosperous times for the average person and that most people suffer and cause suffering onto others more than the other way round
I think Peterson is saying that this is less the case today than ever before, and that we should let the trend keep playing itself out.
>>3901635
>What does the average person have to be grateful for?
Lots of stuff, all of which he goes into. Not being a literal slave with no prospects for a start.
I was gonna write some more stuff but I'm not sure if it's worth getting too into this... it seems like you think life is only worth living if you're born rich, which is a personal opinion that I don't share and that I don't think Peterson does.
>>
>>3903600
THIS, POST WEBMs NOW!!
>>
File: 1618501489106.webm (4.29 MB, 480x270)
4.29 MB
4.29 MB WEBM
>>3903601
>Not being a literal slave with no prospects for a start.
There are degrees to slavery. We are absolutely slaves to nature and slaves to the current economic system, but it's not as bad as slavery in the past. The fact that we're not suffering as much as we could be isn't a reason to be grateful, it just shows how fucked the world is and has always been.
>it seems like you think life is only worth living if you're born rich
Life is worth living if you're happy and that your existence doesn't cause suffering to others (unlike Jordan Peterson's carnivore diet). Most people become happy if they have their baseline needs being securely met without having to do something they dislike for their entire lives with a few moments break. Only the rich can consistently meet the above requirements, but of course you don't have to be rich.

>>3903600
>>3903602
Here's some inspirational bullshit.
>>
>>3903617
cringe webm
>>
>>3882295
>and prepare today for the absolute worst outcome you could imagine happening tomorrow.
thats retarded. so i should prepare for all my loved ones to be horribly tortured and murdered while i am condemned to hell for eternity and forced to relive and rewatch the most agonizing and horrible things that could ever be inflicted upon the human soul? how?
>>
>>3889410
Accept the status quo goy. Nevermind that serfs had more landownership and worked less than you. Or that you can't afford to have a family and your culture is being destroyed.

His rants would carry more weight if we hadn't spent the last 50 years letting the wrong people breed an entire generation of retards and bugmen. Tell me how constant war is worse than being milked by a cow and force-fed cornsyrup only to have your family throw you in a home and leave you in isolation for the rest of your days.
>>
>>3882295
Tbh the "live on the moment" bullshit is the same as "listen to the plan GOYIM or we will DIE from this obviously not a planned pandemic" bullshit, fucking with your life because (((they))) really wanna fuck with ye and kill ye
>>
>>3903594
> The fact that you (yourself not the general you) can just "let go" of your problems indicates more about the severity of your problems than the solution to everyone else's.


You've attempted to minimize my problems because you think you're problem are the following:

> We are absolutely slaves to nature and slaves to the current economic system,


> the external/societal issues first need to be solved. There's no guarantee the societal/external issues will ever be solved because the majority of people have status quo bias and aren't really willing to do anything about it.

And you're solution is this:
> I think you can end end those given how much technology will progress and society will change

and this:
> antinatalist

And in the end, you believe this:
> but I believe old problems will disappear other problems will arise


Reflect back on your positions.
You're worrying about things you can't control, and you believe the solution is for everything else to change, but you don't believe it ever will.
By definition, your locus of control is external. It doesn't matter how warm your bed is, or how much food you get, or how many other basic necessecities are met, you can never truly be happy because your mind is trapped in a world you can't affect.
>>
>>3889410
i like peterson but he really should stick to psychology. claiming life was that bad is just ignorant. To claim, for instance, that a woman was pregnant from 14 to 30 and had very little chance of surviving that long is asinine.
>>
>>3903691
> you're... your.
>>
>>3903617
cringe
>>
>>3900467
dude has some amazing endurance if you watch his vids
he kicks like a fucking truck
and it more flexable than you ever will be
>>
>>3903617
>Jake Paul's boxing match
Jesus Christ son you're reaching there
>>
>>3879864
WHO IS THIS DUDE
>>
>>3903750
Rich Piano
>>
>>3903691
>You've attempted to minimize my problems because you think you're problem are the following:
No I minimised your problems based off of your comments that simply "letting go" solves uncontrollable problems. This only practically applies to small problems. Of course if you magically just weren't affected by suffering then life would be great. My interpretation of your advice is basically just "I don't care about people's problems. I'm not going to prioritise changing systemic problems which affect everyone because I personally benefit and/or am unaffected. I'm going to just blame the individual and tell them to 'stop caring'". Why do you prioritise the individual when the individual isn't the root cause of the suffering?
>You're worrying about things you can't control
I'm not worrying about them, I'm suffering from them. This is the point. You can't comprehend suffering that isn't caused by overthinking.
> you believe the solution is for everything else to change
I believe the solution to external problems is for those external problems to change.
>but you don't believe it ever will.
This isn't true. I believe things can change, I just am left very skeptical when I get so much pushback.
>It doesn't matter how warm your bed is, or how much food you get, or how many other basic necessecities are met, you can never truly be happy because your mind is trapped in a world you can't affect.
Have I not addressed this multiple times in this thread? I'm not going to repeat myself. Your argument hinges on "The world is shit. Even if you're directly suffering from it, it's your fault for having the ability to suffer. If you just stopped caring about your suffering then too bad because I'm going to continue blaming you.". Your argument only applies if overthinking was the root cause of suffering.
>>
>>3903722
What?
>>
>>3891493
ligma balls
>>
>>3903691
>>3903694
But as I said before, this is paradigm shift type stuff, and it feels like we're both pretty stubborn, so I'm going to concentrate on something which will be more productive. Once more, I wish you luck and happiness on your path.
>>
>>3889500 >>3891469 >>3892803 >>3901591 >>3901635 >>3903541 >>3903667 >>3903693
I watched most of his lectures and used to like him, but he is bait. He is pro-status quo and anti-white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXYuqrO8LLo
>>
>>3889655
feels
>>
is this what /pol/ is like? jesus christ man stop wasting so much time talking politics it's utterly useless
>>
>>3903806
>stop wasting so much time talking politics it's utterly useless
If our lives weren't dictated by it, then I would agree.
>>
>>3903901
just fuck off to a country that goes what you like and be happy, how is politics even a problem anymore
>>
>>3902878
retard
>>
>>3903573
>wealth inequality
Sure but personal responsibility is an important factor in not being poor. It wasn't society's fault that I got a late start in life and was lazy, it was mine. I wish white commies and niggers would come to the same realization.
>discrimination
Cringe, this is barely even a factor especially and is in fact reversed because of affirmative action crap.
>>
>>3903798
You can have a nuanced view on people you know. Just because you disagree with some of the things he says doesn't mean everything he has ever said is now wrong.
>>
>>3904039
that would imply that he has an iq above that of the average nigger.
>>
>>3904036
>Sure but personal responsibility is an important factor in not being poor.
I think this is going to be difficult to convey because I believe you have status quo bias. For starters, when I say "wealth inequality" what I'm actually talking is how the average person has no freedom in their lives because of a lack of wealth. I don't believe being "rich" makes people happier, I believe that the freedom to do what you want with your life makes you happy, and this is what pretty much only rich people do because of the current system we have. In order for the average person to gain economic freedom and live the life they actually want they must spend their entire lives working hard and doing something that they hate. Some are fortunate enough to be talented and break out but most people who do this are never able to achieve economic freedom. You have status quo bias because the ability to do what you want with life should be by default built into the system and not something that only the wealthy can do.
> It wasn't society's fault that I got a late start in life and was lazy
I will take a bet that you weren't born in poverty and your parents never struggled to pay rent. But the point you made here is irrelevant because I'm not talking about someone's relative rank in the social hierarchy (which people ARE born into whether you want to admit it or not), I'm talking about the ability to live a happy life that they want to live which is not the same thing. The vast majority of people don't have this option because our current society is not structured around wellbeing, it's structured around economic progress and enslaving yourself to elite.
>Cringe, this is barely even a factor especially and is in fact reversed because of affirmative action crap.
I wasn't talking about the standard narrative of discrimination. Affirmative action is obviously still discrimination.
>>
>>3903906
Because a country that I want to live in doesn't exist and how would anything change/improve if people had your dumb mindset?
>>
>>3889410
>all of human history isn't worse than what we have now
yeah I guess I'll just go hop on tinder and see all the amazing sweet girls that are waiting for me, oh wait, they're just a bunch of greedy self-serving whores
>>
>>3901645
>>3901635
I dont think he is against fixing societal/systemic issues, in fact quite the opposite. What he is saying is, essentially, before you go about fixing the world how about you fix your own life. Impressionable 18 year olds are just wasting their time virtue signaling in the streets and causing a ruckus - that doesnt fix systematic/societal issues. Posting black squares on instagram doesnt fix societal issues. The only people that can fix societal and systematic issues are people in power. And thats essentially what he is preaching. Get your life together, have a good relationship with your friends, with your loved ones, get a good job that you are good at and then, when its all done - you will have enough power(and wisdom) to actually do something positive for society around you.
>If the problems that you have are not caused by you but are caused externally, then it's better to focus on these external forces than whatever issues you have internally
Thats going to do nothing for you but create more resentment. If you got beat up in the street you can either excercise, buy a gun and avoid dangerous neighborhoods when the sun goes down or you can blame the world for its unfairness and get beat up again.
>>
It really boggles my mind how some people unironically blame the world for their shitty life. You are a master of mental gymnastics and you are either going to live a nightmare of a life or you will inevitably change and take responsibilty. I really hope for your sake its the second.
>>
>>3904659
>I dont think he is against fixing societal/systemic issues, in fact quite the opposite
I know. The point I'm making is that he doesn't have his priorities straight. He blames the individual too much for being incompatible with the world that they forced into.
>before you go about fixing the world how about you fix your own life.
The problem is that this implies that someone is "broken" because of their own doing or personally controllable factors. I'm not talking about generic bullshit, I'm talking about being enslaved by nature/system. I completely agree that you must first see what you can do to improve your own situation but it is rarely enough and is not the driving cause of people's suffering.
>Impressionable 18 year olds are just wasting their time virtue signaling in the streets and causing a ruckus
If only they did then maybe actual change would happen.
>Posting black squares on instagram doesnt fix societal issues.
I obviously agree.
>The only people that can fix societal and systematic issues are people in power.
Until you realise that power is a social construct and that we outnumber them.
>Get your life together
The idea that you just "get your life together" implies that someone is upset because they aren't exercising or meditating and not that our current system is incompatible with human wellbeing.
>get a good job that you are good at and then
You're implying that these jobs exist for the masses and you're implying that work itself isn't a root cause of suffering. The problem is that you fundamentally do not understand the source of suffering in the world which is why you think personal responsibility is the solution. It IS the first thing the people should look into, but a short observation will make you realise that it's nowhere near enough.
>>
>>3904661
>It really boggles my mind how some people unironically blame the world for their shitty life.
No one controls the genetics they were born with and no one controls the environment they were born into.
>you will inevitably change and take responsibilty
The only "change" that is applicable is one change that is completely compatible with the environment/society that they are in. What if people are miserable because their happiness derives from things completely incompatible with this system? How would "changing" or "personal responsibility" actually help them?
>>
File: 1489200015825.webm (1.68 MB, 726x256)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB WEBM
175 / 18 / 82
good thread
>>
>>3904699
"muh genetics"
pathetic
>>
>>3904725
Are you seriously going to ignore literally everything else that I said? I didn't blame it solely on genetics, but yes for some people that can be their biggest limiting factor.
>>
While it's true that our lives are often made worse by factors outside our control, we should still focus on improving the lives of ourselves and others.

Whining about factors outside of our control only leads to a horrid existence, and often just creates more problems.
>>
>>3904695
Explain how posting a black square on Instagram will somehow fix societal issues.
>>
>>3905479
I said I obviously agreed that it doesn't solve societal issues.
>>
File: 1615795390654.webm (2.5 MB, 640x360)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB WEBM
>>3904695
>m-m-muh le system

CRAAAAAWLING IIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN
>>
>>3904695
>work itself isn't a root cause of suffering.

No one forces you to work you fat white Vaush watching cocksucker.
>>
>>3905561
>No one forces you to work
You are forced to work in order to survive. You must participate in the system. If you don't you will starve, be homeless and otherwise live a miserable life.
>Vaush watching cocksucker.
I don't watch Vaush.

I don't know why you're defending multibillionaires and want them to continue hoarding wealth while others suffer.
>>
/pol/s mental illness leaking into this good thread
>>
>>3903906
Probably because the country my ancestors built and lived in is being destroyed. I want future generations to have a prosperous, safe and happy life.
>>
>>3906170
> If you don't you will starve, be homeless and otherwise live a miserable life.

This is the key point you are missing. You are so worried about blaming the system, that you forget that you will ALWAYS work, whether there is a system or not. No system? Then go work the elements; build your own shelter, work the land for food, fend for yourself from mother nature and the competition of other animals, and make sure you know how to heal yourself.

You have a choice: either leverage the power of community by specializing in something (i.e. the system), or go it alone. But either way, you have to contribute... because that is the requirement of life.

You want to fight the multibillionaires, then do it! But let me ask: what are you actually doing (DOING) to fight that system? Are you organizing people? Are you studying the legal system? Are you changing government policy? Are you speaking with your money? What are you DOING?

Because if you're not DOING anything, then you're just bitching, and you don't belong in a "3am late night MOTIVATION" thread.

You must focus on what YOU can DO! Stop complaining about your suffering and CHANGE the system you hate so much. Get off 4chan and DO something about. If you ever feel like you can't do it, then start smaller and change something you can.
>>
>>3904199
Or it would imply he's wise to Finklethink and packaging tidbits of wholesome thought in yet more globo homo agenda serving poz like rat poison wrapped in meat.
>>
>>3890176
anyone music source?
>>
>>3906771
A Cruel Angel's Thesis
>>
>>3906773
>A Cruel Angel's Thesis
thank you!
>>
>>3904638
what makes you think that you deserve even an ugly woman? Most of the human history you had to survive and become strong and smart enough to prove that you deserve to procreate. You whine that bitches don't jump on your dick on their own. Also i think that tinder is a good thing in general. It lets good men to avoid the whores unfit to be wives and mothers.
>>
>>3899990
checked
>>
>>3907104
checked on what
>>
>>3889394
Song? I can't make up the exact words because I'm retarded
>>
>>3907112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs
>>
>>3907106
quadruple digits, plus they were cringe
>>
>>3906561
>that you forget that you will ALWAYS work
The type of work, compensations for the work and how you have to work depends on the system, which is actually what I'm talking about. Under an automated society you won't have to work.
>what are you actually doing (DOING) to fight that system?
Not participating in it as much as I can and trying to persuade people. The only way for someone like me to really effect change would be to become like the Unabomber, but I don't want to do that.
>Are you organizing people?
I'm failing at doing it here.
>Are you changing government policy?
I wasn't born into a wealthy family with a strong network to have anything close to a simple pathway into politics. But even so no I'm not and not attempting to because I'm being realistic here. I think the consumer power is unironically more important than the political power, it's just under utilised.
>Are you speaking with your money?
Overwhelmingly yes.
>You must focus on what YOU can DO!
If I haven't made it clear I'm not against change/action at all. I meant I'm against where you direct your actions and what people must prioritise.
>>
>>3891493
Subtle troll?
>>
>>3879864
Oh god.... I miss him so much....
>>
>>3903798
Ultimately, yes, he does however have a good few points
>>
>>3907115
thanks anon
>>
>>3903798
Meh. I still agree with him in most stuff.
>>
File: 1614809097842.webm (3.93 MB, 480x270)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
>>
>>3902878
This honestly is my greatest fear. There are 10^10^120 years until heat death and the end of the universe - even big number calculators like https://defuse.ca/big-number-calculator.htm stops bothering after a number like 10^10^6. Imagine suffering for that fucking long
>>
>>3908959
don't worry something like that will literally never be possible, even if you could upload your mind, there would be no way to "connect" or "swap" to it so (you) experience what the uploaded mind experiences
>>
>>3908611
>>3907853
>The only way for someone like me to really effect change would be to become like the Unabomber, but I don't want to do that.
fag
>>
>>3895616
The real issue is: When its possible to completely copy a person artificially this would mean there is no chance for at least the thought of a soul.

And that's really depressing.
>>
>>3901584
Pretty doable. But if it's only the buttsex you are after, just get a prostitute who does anal, pretty easy
>>
>>3900111
why the fuck is it playing land of hope and glory he's american not english
>>
>>3893254
People who watermark memes are the same ad thosr who help the poor by giving them clothing with their own names on it.
>>
>>3902534
You are completely right, anyone who says otherwise is a lazy fuck who doesnt want to put in the effort into anything

I was a huge mess at 23 years old, a neet living in venezuela with no future in sight. I decided to learn coding by myself online, 4 years later im living in europe earning 4 times minimum wage with a comfy work as a remote developer
>>
>>3903559
>muh blame everyone but myself
Shut up nigger.
>>
>>3903798
This.
>>
>>3903906
>hurr durr just move and be a drain somewhere else
Your ancestors would have been slaughtered with that mindset. You are weak.
>>
>>3888378
yep
>>
>>3903906
because you can't just move and start a new life like you could a few hundred years ago, all the space is taken up
>>
>>3910181
get the fuck out of Europe you fucking shitskin mestizo subhuman
>>
>>3903617
The first 45-seconds were solid, but after that it was just some weird LSD editing. Hire better Hollywood jews to edit please.
>>
>>3910439
stop being a cunt
>>3910181
godspeed anon, keep working hard
>>
>>3898621
That glorious bastard was before my time, but it's still great to look back at it all.
>>
>>3910442
stop infesting Europe with your shit nigger indio genes
>>
>>3910457
listen faggot I'm also not pro retardfugees but someone who is hard working like the other anon deserves it
go bother some of those people who just sit at home collecting gibs while watching their home counties tv all day and all night
>>
>>3879864
Damn i miss Rich. He had a lot of issues going on and was obviously the opposite of anorexic but was a good dude.
>>
>>3889410
Well women always have had it easy. Woman almost always ensure their genes survive,but most men don't get to reproduce.
>>
>>3910212
Isn't what I said. Also blaming other people may be ignoble but that doesn't make it false.
>>
>>3910439
>>3910457
I agree with you in that emigrating is not the right thing to do, i should have stayed in venezuela and support the country but my whole life i was disconnected with that place, my father was spaniard so i was able to quickly get residence in spain and will get citizenship pretty soon too
Im paying a shit ton of taxes here in spain and being a good citizen to mitigate the feeling of being a leech
>>
>>3910806
i will also add that i have never received money from europe, i came here when i had enough money to support myself
>>
>>3903906
t. jose gonzales rodriguez
>>
>>3889410
So much of what he's saying is so painfully wrong.
>average life was better and easier in 1800s industrial society than in medieval agrarian society
Absolutely idiotic. This is like looking to Bill Nye as an authority on biology.
>>
>>3910678
It's actually pretty even most of the time. It's only during abnormal periods of time when you see a meaningful difference. Even in polygamous societies (and they are rare), only ~2 percent of men have more than one wife.
>>
>>3889162
idk why this made me laugh out loud
>>
>>3893818
actually true
>>
>>3910461
>>3910806
you can work hard all you want in your land, just because your dad is Spanish doesn't mean you are. There has never been a Spaniard with amerindian blood and never will.
You have no right to be there, even if you pay taxes or not
>>
>>3911289
massive fucking incel
>>
>>3911292
Nope
I have a gf :)
>>
>>3889410
Seeing all these triggered losers living comfortable lives and shitposting proves him right
>>
>>3910887
No it's not,polygamy was the norm in caveman days.
>>
>>3911307
>t. the living embodiment of historical illiteracy.
>>
>>3911886
No, it wasn't. I bet you believe the retards who think procreation had a 17:1 male to female ratio.
>>
Found this thread at 3 AM.
>>
/wsg/ - Worksafe GIF
>>
>>3879864
>Taking advice from a retarded dead faggot
Into the >>>/trash/
>>
>>3911886
>caveman days
Ah, I see the resident anthropologist has weighed in on the subject! I'm sure you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>3882355
ngmi
>>
>>3903617
is that fucking jake paul .....kek
>>
>>3911952
Plz enlightenmen me sire
>>
>>3912158
For most of time, humans have had around a 1:1 ratio of procreation. The people who say it was 17:1 for all caveman times are misunderstanding that that was only a specific period: during the agricultural revolution. It seems that agricultural technology was controlled by a small number of men, at least some of whom used it to become whores. However, soon after the rest of men started using agricultural technology, the number of men reproducing skyrocketed to once again meet ~1:1 ratio.
>>
>>3882295
Live in the moment in terms of your awareness and soul
Look to the future and past only analytically for planning purposes, and only when required
>>
>>3912524
I remember watching a short film in the 2000's on pbs' the short list which looked like it might have been from the 80's that stated the majority of marriages globally were polygamous.
>>
File: j1ri.webm (5.8 MB, 1000x724)
5.8 MB
5.8 MB WEBM
>>
>>3882295
>just wageslave for 40 years bro then you'll be happy
>>
>>3889655
anynyan knows what the song is called?
>>
>>3903617
i love this webm
>>
File: 1619275437938.webm (3.88 MB, 226x400)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB WEBM
>Obligatory Master Roshi Post
>>
>>3912524
Then I think it would have been at least 2:1 rather than 17:1. So ur still worse off being a man.
>>
>>3912524
We only practiced monogamy for religious reasons. It's not our "natural" state. We have twice as many female ancestors as we do male ancestors. Monogamy wouldn't make any sense given what we know about male and female dating strategies. No one claims a 17:1 ratio so stop strawmanning people.
>>
>>3912633
This is what people don't understand. The idea that "personal responsibility" can solve people's issue is ridiculous. Most people's issues are completely dictated by the core of being or problems at the societal level. Certain problems shouldn't even remotely be problems and are only "solved" if you're willing to drain your soul and is only possible for a few people. This shouldn't have to be necessary . People like Jordan Peterson and his fans are the ones contributing it by refusing to recognise and change the core issues.
>Put your house in order first before you blame society
And what if society is shovelling dirt into my house?
>>
>>3913473
If society is shoveling dirt into your house then you either start making it so that society stops shoveling that dirt into your house or you find a way around it. Of course there are things beyond your reach, but that's exactly why it shouldn't matter worrying about it, because there's a lot of stuff you CAN do. You just have to know what that is without selling yourself short because "I've reached my limit...". A lot of people just stop trying. Hard work beats anything.
>>
>>3912647
Time from Inception
>>
>>3913794
Does hard work beat racial quotas at schools and jobs, which disregard merit?
Does hard work protect against the woke mob who gets you fired?
Does hard work stop you from "eating the bugs," or "owning nothing but being happy about it?"
Does one good man's hard work produce a society that is good enough to accommodate him and his family rather than seek to unravel him?
>>
>>3914114
You fell for the demoralization proving psyops work.
>>
>>3914114
>Does hard work beat racial quotas at schools and jobs, which disregard merit?
If they won't teach then you teach yourself. If they won't provide you with a job then you find other ways to make money.

>Does hard work protect against the woke mob who gets you fired?
If they fire you then you work for yourself.

>Does hard work stop you from "eating the bugs," or "owning nothing but being happy about it?"
If they deny you meat then you raise livestock. If they deny you what you have earned then you take it back.

>Does one good man's hard work produce a society that is good enough to accommodate him and his family rather than seek to unravel him?
If society only seeks to punish you then you leave it and build your own.
>>
File: T1T1.webm (3.52 MB, 320x180)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB WEBM
>>
>>3903617
That's so good.
>>
bros I want webm's that are genuine like the ones with rich pina :(
>>
>>3882295
Live for the moment in that sense is too modernistic and simplified. I'd say view that advice in it's deeper, maybe twisted meaning which is "Live your day to it's fullest" not "Just live your day"

The difference between the two is the first is more Freudian, Live today like it's the only day that matters. Live today like today is the only day you can make an impact on your life, like today is the last day you can get a degree, ask out the girl you want to talk to, make a lifestyle change, take a hike. Too many people live like they have endless time, just look at gamer culture which is about "grinding for the next unlockable" because they've fallen for faux achievements that riddle their mind with dopamine and leave nothing behind. It's why twitch and the idea of streamer culture is so cancerous, "play video games 5 hours a day and talk to yourself 4 days a week if you want a chance to be famous"

The second version of it is a more hedonistic approach which leads towards instant unhappiness like you mentioned. Consider the idea people push forward of "not being a slave to religion because of how restrictive it is" or "freeing yourself of society's expectations of you and doing what you want". In reality, anytime you do that you trade one master for another since without some longterm purpose or moral compass you become a slave to pleasure.

I'd say give yourself a longterm goal and pursue it today. Reevaluate your daily time investments and cut out those that are unfulfilling or detrimental to your own personal health. Pursue something worth. Go the Jordan Peterson route, clean your room, take responsibility, etc.

My first step was to delete all the pictures off of my phone besides personal ones because I was stock piling memes and pornography, try going nofap, limit my screen time, start amore dedicated and extensive daily hygiene routine, and become more active in my life with cooking and physical exercise
>>
>>3907853
>under an automated society
Okay, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, disregarded.
>>
>>3914444
>build your own society
I was kinda with you until I read that, good luck building your own society when there is no unclaimed land. Best case scenario you start a commune and get WACO'd. What a joke.
>>
>>3914761
Most communes never get Waco'd.
>>
>>3914761
Or you could build your own commune and not build up a massive arsenal and you will probably be fine. It would also help if your commune did not have a leader who insisted on marrying and raping under aged children.
>>
>>3914444
>just teach yourself to be a licensed doctor/engineer/teacher/whatever
>just start your own business with all that capital you have from that job you taught yourself
>just raise livestock on that property you bought with all your savings that you sunk into starting your own business
>just build your own society bro
>>
>>3912595
>Only about 2% of the global population lives in polygamous households, and in the vast majority of countries, that share is under 0.5%.
-pew, "Polygamy is rare around the world and mostly confined to a few regions"
>>3913460
Averages. The vast majority of people have always lived in monogamous marriages. However, there are events (ie agricultural revolution, genetic bottlenecks from die-off events), social classes and/or ideologies (ie ottoman aristocrats and/or Islam, etc), and other conditions which inflate the ratio. Obviously, all these things overlap, and they're all the product of unnatural circumstances - typically dysfunctional, unsustainable, or decaying societies.
>>3913467
>Scientific studies classify the human mating system as primarily monogamous, with the cultural practice of polygamy in the minority, based both on surveys of world populations,[8][9] and on characteristics of human reproductive physiology.[10][11][12]
Humans are naturally monogamous.
>male and female dating strategies
From when? Nowadays? The Victorian era? The ancient middle east? And how do we know? From Tinder? Romance novels of the Victorian period? The bible? You can't point to dating/courting practices as evidence of nature.
What we can look at is human biology. For instance, human children absolutely require the attention of both a mother and father in order to develop property. The idea that polygamy is our natural state is a recent academic development that emerged in tandem with critical race theory, third wave feminism, the sexual revolution, and similar beliefs.
>>
>>3914761
The Amish already do this and more.
>>
>>3915303
>trusting pew
Nope on a rope.
>>
>>3914114
You have a loser's attitude. Seriously. You may not be an SJW, but you've let those fucks get to you. You're dead inside
>>
>>3879864
RIP Piano Man
>>
>>3914264
Am >>3913794 and I wasn't aware of this term. Sounds like incredibly interesting stuff to do some reading on. But yes, you're right, bunch of propaganda to make us think we can't do shit. Just like the beliefs that women or minorities are inherently oppressed and that men (specifically white men, but also men in general) are worth nothing. Fuck outta here with that bullshit. Just more added drama and conflict between groups.

I'm with >>3914444 and >>3916924, though building a society is definitely not a job anyone can do. The rest I do agree with. That you face obstacles and challenges doesn't mean you can't do it..

>>3915237
>implying you can't teach yourself to do anything by reading books by great people who have all the answers to your questions
Man, seriously? Where did the knowledge you got in school come from? Right, books. Most teachers aren't even that smart or incredible people anyway. There are only a very small few teachers that actually deserve being educators; most just follow the material for years on end, and a lot do a shitty job at teaching it.

>>3914613
Sadly more ingenuine people than there are genuine people in the world. People like Rich P are a paperclip in a haystack. I still remember his words very clearly.
>>
>>3913458
WHERE DO I FIND MORE OF THIS?
>>
>>3889162
You have to live it.
>>
>dude just freaking LIVE your BEST LIFE bro, it's all gonna be okay bro, just freaking LIVE that life, bucko. Learn to be a flipping epic CODE monkey and invest in crypto and it'll be OKAY BRO. Just gotta lift bro u got this king :^)
kill yourselves
>>
>>3917112
>ends up rich
>shredded
>with coding experience
nothing personnel kid
>>
>>3917115
Anyone who invests in crypto is a pedophile and should be executed
>>
>>3917123
because?
>>
>>3914543
who's that guy?
>>
>>3917124
just because
>>
>>3917456
thought so
>>
>>3917459
ok fine.. you see, this will become the new normal for those hike in prices (unless seconda hand saves the day somehoy)
I'm all for crypto tbqh but not fucking mining, yeah ok you get extra income or whatever but it's already stained by this scalper/greasy miner/ crypto farm shit so to many the consensus is fuck that shit.
Give gaymers their gpus at least at MSRP prices and it will ease shit for sure
>>
>>3917562
I knew you were one of those retards that is angry at crypto because
>reee now i cant consooom my videogames
the reality is you're getting fucked by this mindset because I can guarantee you if you boght eth instead of crying like some epic /g/amer you could have not only bought a new gpu but also quit your shitty job
but yeah, keep shitting on things instead of doing something to help your situation
>>
>>3917574
Crypto is literally a scam for redditor faggots like you
>>
>>3917596
because?
>>
>>3917600
It has no value, it just saps energy for your retarded "mines" so pedophiles can have a special meme Elon Musk currency to buy child porn
>>
>>3894484
t. never fought a bloatmax king
>>
>>3917574
wow I guess you retired early and all that's why you browse this god forsaken board
fuck off cunt I work as a network engineer and can get real fucking money not your meme coins
>Give gaymers their gpus
I wasn't talking about myself you mongoloid I'm just fucking tired of all this bitching by my friends that wanted to get into pc gaming in this coof times
also you are a real fucking cunt m8
>>
>>3917606
is that what your source for (((news))) told you lmao
no value? That also the reason why institutions are buying massive quantities? this is the first time in history where we have true decentralized money and all you absolute faggots do is say "it has no value and muh energy"

did you know that
a miner uses electricity and is compensated with bitcoins. The financiers of mining operations will insist on using
the cheapest energy and so by definition it will be electricity that has no better economic use. Bitcoin then acts like an economic battery.

You have to be retarded to lose out to once in a lifetime opportunities. Bitcoin may still go to zero. But it can also become the core of a new monetary architecture. If so, one bitcoin may be worth millions of dollars. The asymmetry is interesting to a portfolio. People who know the most about bitcoin believe its future success is nearly inevitable. Whereas the other camp thinks that its failure is equally certain. Status quo is not possible.
According to the World Bank, more than half of the global population has access to the internet today and coverage is increasing rapidly. Still, billions of people can’t get access to a bank account. And even if they can, it’s costly, cumbersome and slow. The current system mostly works, at least for privileged people in our part of the world. But banks remain inaccessible institutions for many. Let us all hope that can change.

>cont
>>
The direction is clear: finance will be disrupted as surely as fossil fuels will be. The question is not if, but when.
When investors with indisputable track records, like Paul Tudor Jones and Stanley Druckenmiller, disclose that they have significant positions, everybody with a curious brain should pay attention. Companies like Tesla, Mass Mutual, Microstrategy, and Square have flagged positions, while Fidelity, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley, and other asset management behemoths are working to launch investment products for cryptocurrencies, try to tell me those meme coins have no value again you fucking retard

>>3917625
yeah but I'm right
>>
>>3903617
where can I find this in better quality? the guys at panther den make some good shit
>>
>>3914264
>>3917026
The point was not that I am demoralized, the point is that there are societal problems that can only be overcome through societal change, and CANNOT be overcome by working hard individually within the established framework, paying attention only to one's own wants.
And no, this isn't comparable to critical race theory that says women and minorities are oppressed. Because those same quotas which restrict the number of white men entering a school or business are designed for the sole purpose of benefiting women and minorities. Empirically, women and minorities are not systemically oppressed and withheld from success, the game is rigged in their favor. Real vs. imagined.
>>3917026
>second part
Are you a retiree or underaged? Being good at something doesn't mean you'll be allowed to do it. You already know this, because you know teachers are bad at their jobs yet they are hired because of a piece of paper saying they aren't. School-issued licenses are necessary for many complex jobs, and even fishing or hunting requires a license - though they aren't hard to aquire. There's also your fallacious assumption that everyone will have access to needed resources. Whether I want to be a surgeon or a carpenter, books won't give me the skills I have to learn in order to do these things. I would need many, many tools. Many people likely don't have the spare capital or floor space to invest in a workshop or whatever else might be needed to learn the skills required to perform a job above a strictly theoretical capacity. Even books can become pricy, and for the most poor securing those books is itself a challenge. Also, your initial position is untenable, simple because many if not most people sincerely couldn't teach themselves to an adequate level. Many people literally can't perform a complex task unsupervised. We're designed to learn from our betters. Past a certain intellectual threshold, independent, unsupervised/unguided learning is unfeasible.
>>
>>3917112
These are shallow positivity threads on a bluepilled board used mostly by high school aged normies, what did you expect?
>>
>>3917629
Not anon, but
>(((news)))
>lmfao
Why would anyone take seriously the opinions of an underaged /pol/lack who browses /biz/?
>>
>>3916924
>projecting this much
See >>3917679
Your neurotic sensitivity to "psyops" speaks to who is really being affected by them.
>>
>>3917694
my main boards are /biz/ + /fit/ I just like talking like a retard to trick people into being contrarian even though they know I'm right
>>
>>3912626
song name?
>>
>>3903541
>>3903543
i dont like him and no one liked him untill he got into a room with gorge soros. no doubt hes bright, but is he good?
>>
>>3901635
Go back to r*ddit and leave the rest of us in peace.
Thank you.
>>
>>3902100
>using a computer
>access to most of the worlds knowledge
>still cant see the blaring hypocrisy of your statement
why do you bother posting about your opinion if your only going to think about it for 30 minutes?
>>
>>3884491
>chinks
>japanese
Fucking retard
>>
>>3901635

20000 characters to say "i cant cope with life"
>>
>>3902878
Retard
>>
>>3910055
It's called "Pomp and Circumstance" in the US.
We play it at high school and college graduations.
Macho Man used it as his entrance music, which is why they're using it there.

If I recall the story, some top college - I think Yale, maybe - used it when the composer received an honorary degree. And then everyone copied.
>>
>>3917853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVDofBFtvwA
>>
>>3890176
kek
>>
>>3913458
i need more of this weed and more of this guy
>>
>>3917679
1st part:
I like how you say that the latter, "empirical" part is somehow a figment of our imagination. You can clearly see that women are outperforming men in education and other fields. Minorities can become successful if they really strive for it. These ghetto neighborhoods are terrible examples due to the fact there's SO MUCH more as to why they're not succeeding. It isn't just because of "muh racism". I'm not even going to go into detail. All groups have their fair share of problematics, obstacles and challenges, and to boil that down to "your perceptions are imaginary" seems really shortsighted, but alright.

2nd part:
Neither. I'm a young adult who has learned a lot just from the resources available to us on the internet next to what I learned from my degree. I really disagree with this mentality of yours that you can't do something just because you need some license for it. If you really wanted to do it, you'll work for it. Stop making excuses for why you're not trying hard enough. It's a smudge on the reputation and credibility of those that HAVE built themselves from nothing.
>>
>>3884491
Fuck the japs
There, I just did it. You won't have to imagine it anymore
>>
>>3917922
>>3918767
Careful kids, your IQs are showing. Put down the glue bottles and back away from the keyboards before you give yourselves a stroke
>>
File: 1604351497053.webm (3 MB, 640x360)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>3907853
I can kind of see where YOU are coming from, and I've always said that people who have an outlook on life like yours need to be given a seat at the table a little closer to the microphone, because if left alone you are how the Timothy McVeighs of the world are molded.

>I'm against where you direct your actions and what people must prioritise

Okay, I for one fucking hate the sun. I always have. I hate hate hate FUCKING hate the sun. I try to avoid it every chance I get. I do most of my work at night and meet clients in places where I can't see the sun. It's just a little quirk I've always had. BUT, I can't destroy the sun. I NEED the sun in order to live. I can do A LOT in order to live my life with as little sunlight as possible, but it's just completely out of my hands—the sun is here to stay. That's a sloppy shit example compared to what you're talking about, but there is a parallel. You seem to not want to feed into "the system" as much as possible and yet change it some way. Well, there's really obvious ways to not only limit what you feed the system, but you can take from it too. You claim you want to change it as well but don't know how. Well, there really is no secret formula here. You have to work with the elements (tools) that you have to make SOME kind of change towards the direction you want.

I strongly suggest doing something a little different than what I always hear so many people advising others to do. I think you should set really big goals and then see what it would take for YOU to obtain them. Literally make a list of steps, and start working on those steps. If the steps seem to big, then break the steps into steps and then do that. Discipline yourself so if you say you're going to wake up at 5AM and go for a 30 minute jog, then that's exactly what you're going to do; in your pajamas half asleep while everyone laughs at you if need be. That's what works for me brother, hopefully it helps, maybe you can improve it, best wishes.
>>
>>3920270
holy shit that webm, trump is such a subhuman, is this even real
>>
>>3920359
looks like it's not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj7Ulmr1lRc
>>
>>3898621
what a bunch of faggots hate those four idiots
>>
>>3918459
haha i smoke weed, haha i'm 420 certified, how could you tell?
>>
>>3889410
imagine saying something that anyone with 90iq could realize and getting paid for it.
I should write a book.
>>
>>3920789
>industrial revolution
>factory labour
>obscene levels of pollution
>brutal hours with bad pay
>no private gardens means you're know dependent on your paycheck just to survive the week
>child labour in factories
>increased disease
>increased workplace injury
>living in cramped city hovels
>these things improved quality of life
Yeah, for the wealthy, perhaps.
He's not being paid to write historically illiterate books.
>>
>>3889162
Song pls
>>
>>3921034
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rq8PjgNI3c
>>
>>3909418
Either that or everything has a soul already
>>
>>3920835
Your language skills don't match the levels of poverty you're describing. You seem too educated to be living in a slum (not saying a genius can't come from a ghetto, but education usually requires time, money, and desire that are not often available in the worst conditions)

So... What's your deal? How are you here, wasting time on one of the most useless sites on the internet, trying to convince a bunch of basement dwellers that some ex psychology teacher is the biggest liar on the planet when it comes to how good life is, rather than fighting for your very survival?





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.