[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsg/ - Worksafe GIF

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, WEBM
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

The previous thread (>>3449644) was a rousing success, let's see if we can continue it.

ITT: Gothic / Industrial / EBM
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3576921
I really like this song, I thought Gary Numan had stuck with his 80s synthpops.
>>
Would anyone be able to create a spotify playlist of all the songs in the previous thread?

>>3578074
Heimataerde is one of the most underrated bands in industrial in my opinion. I can see how they're not accessibile but I think they're really great.
>>
>>3578587
I really love that medieval style of music, like them and Qntal
>>
>>3578583
Nah man he's gone all goth, you can still hear his style in the melodies and there's synths in there but it's all grungy, it's a really great sound for him
>>
>>3578788
Man I haven't thought about Qntal in years. Thanks for the reminder m8.
>>
>>3576921
>oh man everything is so dark
>I'm so broken
>nobody understands
>life is pain
>>has entire wardrobe of outfits and costumes
Are goths the worst at depression?
>>
>>3579409
You're thinking of emos. Goths can be quite cheerful, just cheerful while wearing lots of black.
>>
>>3579409
I'm not a goth, but they absolutely aren't like that. And as opposed to... deluding yourself into thinking the world is a kind place that's fair to everyone, or similarly getting angry at nature for being the way it is?
>>
>>3576923
mmmmmmmmmmm i like it
>>
>>3578583
He's always been goth to some degree, but goth looked/sounded different in the late 70s/80s. Cars was probably the pop-iest thing he's done. Checkout his release with Tubeway Army called Replicas. Definitely on the gothier side of post punk.
>>
>>3576923
Fucking great band/album. I wish I had appreciated it more when Pete was alive/touring.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3579654
>>3579449
What does it mean to be goth?
>>
>>
>>3576924
good taste
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3576923
https://youtu.be/J-aQssTByjc

Expected Type O, got Type O. Good shit
>>
>>
>>
File: [SITD] - Atemlos.webm (5.91 MB, 496x496)
5.91 MB
5.91 MB WEBM
>>
>>3585915
God I hated Eisenfunk for what they did to industrial culture
>>
>>3588332
What did they do?
>>
>>3588396
Pong.
>>
>>3588406
I can see why it's such a popular song but that video is some serious cringe
>>
>>3588415
Exactly. And everyone thought that represented what industrial was.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Theatre of Tradegy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRxTgp6YuQ0
>>Faith and the Muse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AGSesTZ0xc
>>The Shroud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cylXB3kC14
>>Aenima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJGgIyR1jQ
>>The 3rd and the Mortal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCZK-LU1-8I
>>Mira
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFO-k2h6B4
>>Love spirals downwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKDhmR8l1M
>>Autumns grey Solace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5VO0vG2R8

>>Bonus :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4UoJ47SzjA
>>
>>
>>
File: Richter - Omen.webm (5.99 MB, 600x585)
5.99 MB
5.99 MB WEBM
>>
>>
>>3581200
Mostly about the music, but it's also about appreciating dark things.
>>
>>3581200
Lifes pretty shitty, so why not enjoy the good as well as the bad aspects. As far as coping strategies go it can be pretty fun at times
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: XPQ-21 - Israel.webm (6 MB, 296x296)
6 MB
6 MB WEBM
>>
>>
File: DISCIPLINE.webm (6 MB, 640x358)
6 MB
6 MB WEBM
>>
>>3590248
I don't understand Faderhead. He clearly wants to be like Pitbull or something, I don't get why he decided to be part of the industrial subculture.
>>
>>
>>3592826
>>3592736
Styish semi-nihilism?
>>
>>
>>
does New Order count? not as industrial obviously but in this thread
>>
>>
>>3601102
Yeah man they're like proto-goths, great tune
>>
>>
>>
Early :wumpscut: was my shit but I haven't listened to this stuff in years
>>
File: wumpscut - Thorns.webm (5.98 MB, 496x484)
5.98 MB
5.98 MB WEBM
>>3604757
Based
>>
>>3604846
Fuck yeah, I still know stuff like Bunkertor 7 or Onions Grün by heart
>>
>>3604859
Lmao totally forgot about the stupid filter, obviously meant Söylent Grün
>>
>>3592736
what if you are neutral (not negative to be very clear) about the music but like the aesthetic and general atmosphere?
>>
File: Mono Inc. - Revenge.webm (6 MB, 496x496)
6 MB
6 MB WEBM
>>
>>3588468
I don't really remember many people saying it's industrial, they called it cybergoth. Kind of wish we got something better that tried to combine goth and scifi stuff without the rave part though.
>>
>>3606789
>general atmosphere?
I kind of prefer when someone is more into the general atmosphere of it rather than just wearing/watching/listening to things that are called goth. There are plenty of things not considered goth that have qualities of it and end up doing it better and putting too much importance on the label can be limiting.
>>
>>3609010
Wow. That's a really chilled out and cool response. I feel better about it now, thank you.
>>
>>
File: Chiasm - Phobic.webm (5.85 MB, 498x280)
5.85 MB
5.85 MB WEBM
>>
>>
kind of corny but i still love it
>>
So what does it really mean to be goth? I've let my view on them be shaped basically entirely by industrial music, but after learning about other people's perceptions of them I'm left confused. I've thought of them as something like "the world sucks, but let's still appreciate what we have and appreciate everyone regardless of their differences", yet other people have implied they're edgy. Isn't that emo? Would appreciate some help here
>>
>>3611438
>Gothic literature is a genre of fiction that combines romance and dark elements to produce mystery, suspense, terror, horror and the supernatural. According to David H. Richter, settings were framed to take place at "...ruinous castles, gloomy churchyards, claustrophobic monasteries, and lonely mountain roads". Typical characters consisted of the cruel parent, sinister priest, courageous victor, and the helpless heroine, along with supernatural figures such as demons, vampires, ghosts, and monsters. Often, the plot focused on characters ill-fated, internally conflicted, and innocently victimized by harassing malicious figures. In addition to the dismal plot focuses, the literary tradition of the gothic was to also focus on individual characters that were gradually going insane.
This description for early gothic literature is probably the best one.

Some goths are just the edgy "hurr we like deth and pissing off our parents" but that mainly happens with kids who don't really understand the subtlety of anything too well yet. Some goths just use the fashion to try and feel special. The majority seem to be more like Eric Draven or Edward Scissorhands, decent people who try to accept and understand death and unpleasantness rather than actually enjoy it. That might come across as edgy to some people because they see them incorporating unpleasant things into their lives but it's more like learning how to just deal with it.

It's hard to pinpoint the specific feeling you can get from good gothic media though. I was watching the movie Matila from 1996 with Danny DeVito and was kind of surprised to see how many ways it fit into that gothic description above at times, but nobody calls that a gothic movie. A lot of my favorite media is considered goth or recognized to have gothic elements, there's a specific feeling that can come from gothic media more often but it can come from anywhere, and I put more importance on that feeling than the label itself.
>>
>>3611496
Thanks a lot for the fantastic answer anon. I'm still new to all of this and it doesn't help that I'm a dumb kid, but you helped my understanding a ton.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>3614425
listening to too dark park for the first time changed my life. absolute masterpiece
>>
File: ForM - Poison.webm (4.74 MB, 600x600)
4.74 MB
4.74 MB WEBM
>>
>>3576921
>>
File: gfgf.gif (1.08 MB, 252x339)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>>3616076
>>
boop
>>
>>3588332
WE are the true industrial culture. not those faggot cybergoth pussies
>>
>>3584600
bump with instrumental stripped down version of knowhere. prolly my favorite song ever and my favorite album of all time
>>
>>
>>3579409
No that would be me
>>
>>3592117
nice
>>
Bump.
>>
Great thread.
>>
File: Skinny Puppy - Cage.webm (6 MB, 256x256)
6 MB
6 MB WEBM
>>
>>
File: SPK - Metal Field.webm (5.96 MB, 256x256)
5.96 MB
5.96 MB WEBM
>>
>>
Bump!
>>
>>
>>3576924
Thank you so much for making me discover this band, been doing nothing else but listening to them for days now.
Some gems here and there in the thread and the past thread but this is just great.
>>
>>3653642
I'm glad you're enjoying them senpai, they're one of my favourites too
>>
File: Danger - 22-41.webm (5.96 MB, 600x600)
5.96 MB
5.96 MB WEBM
>>
>tfw no goth tiddies allowed on this board
>>
>>
>>3588992
very based

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.