[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/w/ - Anime/Wallpapers

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 6144 KB.
  • Images smaller than 480x600 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 65 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: 1457977379681.png (2.47 MB, 7976x8000)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
Post your vector requests and recently done vectors here.
Previous Thread >>2157170
READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!

>Before requesting, here are some tips:
– Request an image ONCE per thread. Do not bump or second - once is enough.
– Check the lists below to see if your request has already been previously fulfilled.
– All requests are welcome, within reason, but remember:
– The poorer the quality of an image (in resolution and drawing ability), the less likely it will be picked up. The more detail seen and higher the resolution, the better.
– Full-body images preferred. Images cut off on 3 or more sides are very unlikely to be picked up due to their limited usage; keep this in mind when finding an image to request. (Hair or skirt edges that are barely cut off don't usually count)
– Requests for removing the background from an image (called a RENDER) and resizing requests should go to the IMT threads.
– Refrain from using renders for requests. Try to find the original non-rendered image; it is easier for vectorists to work with.
– Note: Overly complicated images are unlikely to be picked up due to their nature. IF your request is taken, please have patience.

>Check these places before requesting:
http://double-you-vectors.deviantart.com/
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_VmbVyD4eT3N1VUbGN4Wjd5OVE
http://iqdb.org/
http://yande.re/post/index?tags=vector_trace
http://konachan.com/post/index?tags=vector
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=vector_trace
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=vector*
http://browse.minitokyo.net/gallery?tid=9&index=2
http://browse.deviantart.com/manga/digital/vector/?order=5

>Anime vectoring tutorials:
—online viewable guide (Inkscape): http://sites.google.com/site/jjaaba/main
—downloadable guide (Inkscape): http://www.mediafire.com/?xhj5d254zhui0tr
—Illustrator video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0cRvqYRVE

>Thread archive
https://pastebin.com/sCZVSJYQ
>>
File: FleetCommand.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Requesting vector of the girl in pic related.
>>
File: Cross-Over.2241498.png (5.97 MB, 1954x3000)
5.97 MB
5.97 MB PNG
Requesting
>>
>>2165523
>>2167785

Here's the video for hiding parts of a line:

https://streamable.com/3g6zdn
>>
>>2168098

damn i keep replying to the wrong post.... first one should be >>2167523
>>
File: Alpha.jpg (546 KB, 1280x1818)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
Requesting
>>
File: erza towel daki side A.png (3.57 MB, 1920x4781)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PNG
Requesting!
>>
>>2168098
>>2168099
Thanks, anon! I appreciate all the help you're giving me. I'll check the video out a bit later, but for now, could you maybe advise me on this second vector that I'm working on? Pic related, I've got the front hair pieces traced out currently, but I'm having trouble with some other ones, particularly the strand next to her left ear. I'm using two handles on all the nodes, but I still seem to be having trouble maintaining a uniform thickness throughout the strand. Do I need more nodes or something?
>>
File: 77481736_p0.jpg (1.74 MB, 2133x3000)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
I'm looking to design an itasha - are any of you capable of doing that, as I presume I'll need a vector?
> also requesting Io if possible
>>
File: aoba - hair.png (557 KB, 3440x1440)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
>>2168171

The hair in that picture is simple enough to only need the nodes at the beginning and on the tips. Pic related shows what i mean.

I know in the videos I mentioned that i keep my nodes directly across from one another and the handles parallel. I think at one point I may have said that I try to keep the handle lengths similar, but honestly, keeping them parallel is way more important. Do keep in mind that the whole parallel handles only applies to nodes directly across from one another. For the sharp points, you wanna play around with apparent tangency. This is a bit hard to explain honestly, but in essence you want the inside node's handles tangent to the exterior curves.

Also, technically I'm not an anon, you can see I've been posting with my DA name.
>>
>>2168177
Depends what you mean. I've helped with Itasha before but only in vectoring the characters. If you mean designing the layout over a car, I'm not sure anyone here specializes in that, at least I couldn't do it. I'm guessing that as long as you have a hold of a template for the car and the dimensions it can't be too bad.
>>
File: EmpressCard.png (1.2 MB, 1280x936)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Re-requesting vector of the woman in the card.
>>
>>2168177
I have done plenty of Car Wraps and the only thing that matters is the image is high res enough, vectors by definition will work great for this but hand-drawn images will as well if you can get them large enough.

A lot of the people here are great at vectoring but not that great at drawing so if there is an image you specificly want done request that, requesting a drawing done is going to be a quote and probably cost a fair bit.
>>
File: EYIn19BUEAA4bOL.jpg (1.42 MB, 2048x1810)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
Requesting
>>
File: 1588743791886.jpg (698 KB, 800x1083)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
Requesting
>>
i want aoba vectored ty senpai
>>
>>
File: KumAoba.png (2.46 MB, 5472x10000)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
>>2168683
>>2168684
Made this some time ago.
>>
File: Aoba.png (474 KB, 1920x1080)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>>2168184
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't really been able to work on my vector this week. I finished watching your video just now as well. With regards to the video, when you talk about doing the minus front thing with a single line, at 6:30, wouldn't that actually just be more work instead of just drawing the line as a projection from the hair strand it's connected to? Is it supposed to look better if it were done using minus front?

Another thing I wanted to ask about was regarding the vector I'm currently working on. With the center hair strands, pic related, I feel like I'm not drawing them correctly. The ends kind of taper off, causing the line to look not uniform in thickness because I only have one node at the end of the line. Should I have two nodes directly across from each other at the ends?

I did notice that with your name, but I felt that calling you "indecisive-bird" whenever I wanted to refer to you would be unwieldy, like calling people here "anonymous" instead of just "anon," unless you don't mind that.
>>
File: working_77.jpg (167 KB, 1188x1476)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Requesting
>>
>>2168762
I'm not bird, but calling somebody Anon that isn't is weird.
>>
>>2168762

>wouldn't that actually just be more work instead of just drawing the line as a projection from the hair strand it's connected to? Is it supposed to look better if it were done using minus front?

Theoretically, it is indeed more work. However I've gotten so adept with that method that I actually find it faster. The reason being is that I can set the line thickness almost instantly with the two nodes directly across from one another and clip off the excess. Plus I have more control over the line consistency by doing it like that. If I did it the more traditional way, I would have to fumble around a little bit with the node positions and handle lengths/angles to get the curve correct.

>The ends kind of taper off, causing the line to look not uniform in thickness because I only have one node at the end of the line.

THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF A VECTOR XD

Also, I apologize if following caps lock comes out sounding a bit rude, buuuut.... TAKE OFF THE STROKES. STOP USING THEM. DISABLE AND NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.
(Mechanical shapes are the only exception where strokes are acceptable)

Forget the fact that the original anime screenshot looks squarish. Anime vectors should be nice and sharp. The tapered ends are a characteristic feature of anime vectors.

The uniformity in a tapered line means that you start with a point, grow to line thickness, and taper back to a point. What you don't want is to start as a point, grow to a certain thickness, change thickness mid line, and then taper back to a point. That or have outrageous bulges in your lines.

>I felt that calling you "indecisive-bird" whenever I wanted to refer to you would be unwieldy

You can just call me bird or birdy. I dont really mind Anon, but since it's universal, it could be mistaken for someone else.
>>
>>2168841
I'll just call you name fag I think
>>
File: ss-CalendarD7.jpg (130 KB, 551x933)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
vector re-request of the girl in the front
>>
>>2168841
I'm using affinity designer. How can I turn off strokes? What even are strokes? Should I not just be using the pen tool to create hundreds of shapes and lines?

Not the person you're replying to, just looking for clarification. Looking to get into vectors.
>>
File: lineart.jpg (101 KB, 1672x940)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>2169182
Strokes are just an outline generated around shapes, but often it'll be used on it's own without the shape itself to mimic an outline. In Adobe Illustrator, they can be turned off from the panel that let's you select colors for your shapes. A lot of beginners use them to cut corners and try and save time with their lineart but in most cases it just ends up looking very rigid and stale. Strokes are quick to lay down but at the same time they can't be modified much and they have a lot of restrictions. I'll attach something that should illustrate the difference between making lineart out of strokes and shapes.
>>
File: Capture3213.png (959 KB, 810x612)
959 KB
959 KB PNG
Would any of you be interested in designing a hood wrap for me?

See below example.
>pic related
> + video of install
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQqVZ057cjY

You would obviously have to show your previous work, and be open to communication (email, whatsapp or whatever suits you).
Name your price.
>>
>>2169307
Forgot to add
My email below if you want to send me some of your work / prices / thoughts etc.

ita.hw3 [at] gmail [dot] com
>>
Not the OR but was wondering the progress for

>>2167380
>>
>>2169319
The flowers aren't fun to vector, so I've kinda just been doing one flower a day. Hopefully should finish it up this weekend.
>>
>>2168822
I just thought it would be cumbersome to refer to him as "indecisive bird" is all.
>>2168841
Thanks for the clarification, birdy. It reminds me of the scarecrow from Conker's Bad Fur Day lol. I think I just developed a habit of conforming to the original art when I was doing my Katyusha vector that the habit rolled onto this Aoba vector. I haven't been using strokes, just the outline mode, but I noticed in >>2168184, for the right hair strand, you have nodes opposite each other.
>(Mechanical shapes are the only exception where strokes are acceptable)
What is a mechanical shape?
>>
>>2169338
The shape of something mechanical.
https://youtu.be/yp17K9V0ufM?t=35
>>
>>2161163
Not rushing but any updates on this?
>>
File: Aoba Feedback.png (349 KB, 1920x1080)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>2169338

>I haven't been using strokes, just the outline mode

Doubt it... Pretty much every single shape in your screenshot was made with strokes enabled...

Look at pic related. See those hollow squares where the red arrows are pointing? See how they're black? That means you are drawing with a stroke. Select ALL your lines, then click on that hollow square, and finally on the "none" option where the blue arrow is pointing. This will eliminate the strokes from all your shapes.

>I noticed in >>2168184 (You), for the right hair strand, you have nodes opposite each other.

Yes. Because that part of the line is outside of the Artboard and will be cropped off automatically when the image gets exported.

>What is a mechanical shape?

Literally what it sounds like... Gears, robotic parts, etc.
>>
>>2169372
i don't understand how you think people here are obliged to do your requests
>>
>>2169420
read the thread retard
>>
Does anyone else have problems with gradient banding in Inkscape, and knows a fix.
>>
>>2169424
unfortunately the best way to "fix" color banding in gradients is dithering, and inkscape doesn't have that feature despite it being requested for 10 years

it's just one of the limitations of working in 8-bit color
>>
>>2169424
>>2169474
Banding is also heavily dependent on your own monitor. If you have a cheap TN panel, you will see more banding than if you had a more decent IPS panel.

That being said, spreading the gradient across a long distance with less stops could help reduce the harshness of your banding.
>>
>>2169485
it's true the banding is less obvious with a better screen, but it is still there and desu if you're color grading on an $800 professionally calibrated screen and not considering the people with $100 ones you're being very short sighted because the majority of people that see your work are gonna be looking at it on shit screens

and color accuracy isn't as simple as tn bad ips good, there are tn panels that are highly accurate these days and a cheap ips can be worse than a good tn, and then there's the va panels that are a new player with better contrast ratios than both tn and ips, but color accuracy tends to fall between them
>>
>>2169489
Which is why I said a cheap TN panel. Obviously a more expensive TN panel will be better than a cheaper one, but by principle, it is inferior. A TN panel does not include the entire color range, so its color accuracy and viewing angles will be inferior to most IPS panels.

>if you're color grading on an $800 professionally calibrated screen and not considering the people with $100 ones you're being very short sighted because the majority of people that see your work are gonna be looking at it on shit screens

You will never be able to please every single person's monitor due to the varying qualities and resolutions, so its pointless in worrying about what other people see on their monitors in terms of banding. You should only really care what you see on your monitor, and if you have a cheap TN panel, you're going to be pulling out your hair trying to get the banding to go away, when in reality it is non-existent on a sub $200 IPS monitor. I know this from personal experience where I would drag my image from my TN panel to my IPS panel and the difference in banding was night and day. Once I realized that, I stopped worrying about what I saw on my TN and used my IPS for judging both banding and coloring.

If you're still getting banding on a decent IPS panel, then you either have too many stops in your gradient, or the color disparity between the gradient and the coloring around it is too high (such as a white radial gradient on top of a black/dark color), causing the banding to be more noticeable. Work with melding the colors better or spread the distance between the colors farther apart.
>>
>>2169490
a gradient that's too close in color is just as bad as one that's too far away, trying to go from a dark green to a darker green across 3000px you're going to have very few possible colors to fill that large area so you'll get very wide banding

dithering really is the only way to combat it
>>
>>2169515
There is definitely a balance you can find, but its a simple fact that a large color contrast difference between the gradient and it's surrounding coloring will make the banding more obvious to our eyes. White on black or red on blue will look far worse than white on tan, or black on brown. Part of using gradients is finding the balance that your eyes hardly see the banding at all. Multiple stops that help spread the coloring evenly also help, so long as the stops are not too close to each other. We can all zoom in and nitpick to show banding, but if you do that, you'll never be happy or content.

Feel free to recommend dithering as much as you want, but there are ways to minimize banding without resorting to using dithering to rasterize the image further. I would only use that as a last resort, or if you plan to print the image.
>>
>>2169398
Ah, I see. I was misinterpreting what "stroke" meant. Thanks for the clarification. So for the other hair lines, should I also do two nodes opposite of each other in the same way you did that right hair strand? I was thinking yes, but I wasn't sure. And also thanks for clarifying what mechanical shapes are, I thought it was referring to something within Illustrator itself.
>>
>>2169625
Well, I would say that I wasn't really aware of the controls for fill and stroke, not that I misinterpreted it, but thanks either way.
>>
File: EPnGWlSUwAAAFZw.jpg (291 KB, 1753x3889)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
requesting
>>
File: m3t891eyl6251.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Requesting render of the character. Been playing xenosaga over the quarantine, got that rice bug.
>>
File: ahika_1.png (776 KB, 1440x810)
776 KB
776 KB PNG
Is this possible to change into a vector?
I've been wanting to use it as a desktop and phone wallpaper, but it's size and quality limits it.
>>
>>2170019
this would be easy to vectorize but I don't feel like it

feels good, man
>>
>>2170061
cool story
>>
File: 2020-06-05_16-58-14.gif (1.63 MB, 1785x1003)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>2170019
So I have no idea what I'm doing, do you want this monster to continue or put it out of its misery?
>>
File: shitty Vector.png (422 KB, 2560x1440)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>2170075
here is a better look at this dumpster fire I've started.
>>
>>2170075
>>2170077
It would help a lot if you read the tutorials in the OP, and used fills instead of strokes.
>>
>>2170078
Those are fills. The lines are using strokes in some places, mostly outlines. Anything using a solid color is a fill. Or gradient fill. He's going to have a rough time on the hair and skin tones with the method hes using.
>>
>>2170078
I have read those and I'm doing my best to follow them. How would I use a fill in place of a stroke when I have a line that's literally 3px thick? Using a fill I get lines that look horrible (more so). Like anon said, the hair and eyes use fills, and as do larger spots like the eye brow.
>>
>>2170079
The blush, mouth and ear outline are not fills. They need to be fills. Strokes are only to be used for shit like gears and guns.

>>2170080
https://youtu.be/KMwdu4MnXyY?t=690 the video in OP is part 1, keep watching the subsequent parts
>>
File: with fills.png (274 KB, 1920x1080)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
I've watched those videos, I don't understand the hate towards strokes though. Attached is the same thing but using a fill for the blush, ear and chin line. The stroke version just looks cleaner to me. Considering I was just doing an outline on the chin or the detail in the ear. How is this preferable to the strokes? Other than the ends terminating in a point not a blunt square or rounded edge.
>>
File: Wow.png (2.55 MB, 6003x3376)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
>>2170075
>>2170078
>>2170019
Fuck off both of you.
If you don't want to read the OP, and follow the guides then don't come here. If you are going to critique then give more than "hurr durr read the OP".
>>
>>2170085
I apologize, the original resolution was 640x400 and I thought the resolution I posted was sufficient. I wasn't sure if bumping it up more would degrade the quality to a point where it wasn't worth it.

>>2170075 #
Honestly, I'm not well educated on vectors and their nuances, but your work looks like it's supposed to, at least to me. I think it's looking great.

I appreciate your working on it, but if you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed over it, you needn't continue. (But again, I do appreciate you taking this on)
>>
>>2170087
Don't pay that last poster any mind. Look closely and you can tell they used auto trace. Yes the image is huge, but at what cost?
>>
>>2170085
read the op
>>
File: AkihaFills.png (74 KB, 1826x1649)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>2170084
>I don't understand the hate towards strokes though.
It's a long running thing in this thread. I feel like it's blown out of proportions sometimes but the core argument holds true. Strokes just don't look good, at least to me. They're too rigid looking and lack any kind of malleability in terms of shaping them up. You don't have many options to change how you want them to look, they're pretty much just another tool on your tool bar at the end of the day.

>How is this preferable to the strokes?
That's because the fills you made there are not a good example. It takes time and a lot of practice to get good fills. Strokes are like designing something with uniform toothpicks/Popsicle sticks compared to using clay that you shape each piece into what you need.

At the end of the day, it's about using what looks good, which is subjective but with about 8 years of experience doing these, I've not found many reasons to use strokes for anything except than save time and effort in rare situations where you just can't tell the difference.
>>
>>2170077
It looks like everyone's first vector, they always look like trash plus all the summer kids are here bashing things, don't take it seriously and just do your best.

Vectors are more art than a lot of people think, you have to try to make sense of a 3px thick line and make it look good at any size.

>>2170091
Did a good job of showing what someone with a lot of experience will do with the same image, it just takes time to figure it out.

Fyi I am the guy that made the tutorial in the OP and if you have any questions ask or jump into the Discord and we can help there as well
>>
File: Capture.png (981 KB, 1580x1049)
981 KB
981 KB PNG
Since I have the thread up I figured I might as well post some updates on what I have been working on
>>
File: Capture1.png (417 KB, 1477x1032)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>2170099
>>
File: Capture2.png (386 KB, 1575x1005)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>2170100
>>
File: Capture3.png (2.62 MB, 1563x968)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>2170101
I'm jumping around too much but I hope to have at least one done soon.
>>
File: Artboard 1.png (1.36 MB, 8000x4500)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>2170084
Pretty much everything >>2170091 said is true.

Was a little bored so I went ahead and did it with fills so you get an idea what he means. Your original fill vectors will be bad until you get better, but once you spend a good amount of time learning, your fill vectors will always be superior to strokes.

>>2170099
I'd love to see this one done, totally fits your style.
>>
>>2170080

>How would I use a fill in place of a stroke when I have a line that's literally 3px thick?

See THAT'S your problem, you're thinking of pixels in an art form that has NOTHING to do with pixels until you export. Even if a line is a pixel thick, you zoom the fuck in and draw your fill around the original line, or get creative and thicken it if it will look good. When you export the vector, do it at a 300% and see how well those thin lines come out.

>Using a fill I get lines that look horrible (more so).

Then you are using too many nodes that:

1. Are not directly across from one another on the opposing sides of the line
2. Have handles that are not parallel.

Refer to >>2169184 in order to see what i mean about the nodes being directly across from one another and the parallel handles.

You also want to use the bare minimum amount of nodes in your lines to get the smoothest results.
>>
File: Tohno Akiha-01.png (296 KB, 2668x3125)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>2170019

My turn~!

I see >>2170105 's submission, and raise my own version!
Only have the lineart done so far, I'll try to get the coloring done over the weekend.

These are the main changes I did with respect to the original art:

1. I redrew the missing top part of the head based on the original character design and extended the bottom a bit farther down to reveal the collar of the shirt.
2. Tucked the leftmost part of the hair to be behind the hairband. This is how hair that is pinned below a hairband would behave IRL.
3. That same leftmost side of the hair was shifted outwards a bit in order to get a more natural look.
4. I've left the ends of the hairs that go over the eyes visible. I feel it looks more natural this way.

I might have also copied the way >>2170091 did the lower eyelashes... Found it to be a pretty interesting way to draw that style of eyelashes.
>>
>>2170105
>>2170111
How do you keep your fills so even though? Like just for examples sake, the jaw lines are very clean on your fills. Where as if I don't use a stroke and run a single line/path its a mess. Am I missing an alignment tool that will run two sides of a path parallel to another?
>>
>>2170117
Use a lot fewer points.
Put points parallel to each other.
Lots of time adjusting the adjustment handles.
USE FEW POINTS!
Lots of practice.
>>
File: Aoba hair.png (892 KB, 1920x1080)
892 KB
892 KB PNG
For the hair strands where the hair should extend to the top of the head, but the top of the head is cut off in the image, should I leave a bit "overflowing" at the top with the two nodes opposite each other, so that the excess is cut off when exported? Having a tapered end at the top doesn't make sense to me since that would imply the strand ends there when it really doesn't.
>>
>>2170121
If you don't intend to finish the top of her head from other art sources, yeah that's right just run the lines off the edge of the artboard.

Usually though for an anime screenshot you can find another drawing of the character and finish what's missing so it's cut off on fewer sides and has more applications though, like >>2170111 vs >>2170105 shows.
>>
>>2170105
Thank you very much for this, it looks perfect.

Thank you to everyone else who worked on the vector(s) as well, I seriously appreciate it. I've been looking for this for years and I finally have it now, feels great.
>>
File: lines.png (159 KB, 1028x844)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>2170117
Much like >>2170118 said, less nodes, and make them parallel to each other. Refer to the image to see how I did the face line.

>>2170121
>>2170123
You can also use Smart Guides (Ctrl+U) which will snap the end points to the artboard when you're drawing them. It will be perfectly cut off when you export with the artboard, meaning you won't need excess overflowing outside of it. I prefer it this way since it makes the image cleaner while I'm working on it.

Normally I hate Smart Guides because its more annoying than helpful, but in this instance, it is very handy. You can then turn them off when done.

>>2170141
Glad you like it!
>>
File: lineart examples.png (1.39 MB, 2013x3894)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
Hopefully this is clear enough, but I wanted to post some examples of my lineart at various levels of experience.

The top picture is my very first vector. I used strokes for the lines because I thought "why waste time using fills when I can just draw the lines once?" It has no depth and it makes the vector look cheap.

The second vector was when I decided to start using fills for the lines. You can see that I mostly tried to keep the nodes in pairs, but the handles weren't always parallel. I also had lots of unnecessary node pairs, making the lines look lumpy.

The third is a lineart-heavy vector I did after I got the hang of using fills. You can see that almost all my nodes are in pairs, the handles are mostly parallel, and each individual line had at most 3 pairs of nodes.

Hopefully this helps.
>>
File: kate example.png (691 KB, 2560x1400)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
>>2170157
Another possibly helpful tip: in certain situations, you can use perfectly vertical or horizontal handles for your nodes. You can do this by holding shift while you move your handles. This will guarantee that your handles are parallel.
>>
This thread is livelier than usual. Do you guys still care about vectoring streams? If anybody has questions or just want to hangout like in the old days, feel free to drop by. twitch tv/dekodere
>>
Can someone take a picture of ishtar from fate grand order and make her dressed like Rin from fate stay night?
>>
>>2170170
Sounds like something more for the IMT, we don't really do redraws here.
>>
>>2170169
What anime is your DA profile picture from?
>>
>>2170189
Idolmaster. That's Iori Minase, drawn by ttomm.
>>
File: kiss-shot_kimono.png (2.01 MB, 2706x5000)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
Here is the version of this with the length of the neck unaltered. I'll mess around with the neck and see if I get it to look more natural.

Also, I tried a couple things for the texture of the kimono, but I can't really figure it out. I'm going to forgo it unless someone can't point me in the direction of a tutorial I can use.
>>
File: 1591556753620_tex.png (5.55 MB, 2706x5000)
5.55 MB
5.55 MB PNG
>>2170216
OR here, thanks so much!

I said before I'd add in the texture to the kimono, and after about an hour here's what I've got.
>>
>>2170220
Looks great! Can I ask what you did? It looks better than I thought it would, so I'd like to see if I could replicate it in Illustrator and offer it as an alternative version in a zip on DA.
>>
>>2170228
I've never used Illustrator so I don't know how possible any of this is in there, but I can tell you it's super Raster and not Vector so ymmv

What I did was go through my giant folder of miscellaneous textures that I've made and gathered over my years of PhotoShop work and looked for some that were close enough to the original that I could layer together and fake it, threw them on a new layer over top and set the blending mode to Overlay, then masked out all the hair and skin so only the kimono got textured.

If you'd like you're welcome to just throw my edit into the zip on DA though, just credit Anonymous.
>>
File: kiss-shot_kimono_short.png (2.07 MB, 2808x5000)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
Here's the shorter neck version. Last time, I pulled the head down along the angle of the neck but someone pointed out that the head looked too far back that way. So I just pulled the head straight down this time.

>>2170229
Yeah I'm not really able to get it to look quite right using Illustrator, so I might include yours. If this neck looks alright, could I trouble you to make a version of this with your texture as well? I'd like to provide a long and short neck version along with textured versions of each.
>>
>>2170239
Yeah I can do a version of that one too, if you could export her head+hair separately for me so I don't have to mask out where it overlaps the kimono it would save me a lot of work.
>>
>>2170240
The way the layering of the linework is makes it difficult to export each separately. I've made a .psd file with separate layers for the lines, head color, and kimono color. This way you should be able to apply the texture to the kimono color layer instead of the linework as well. Let me know if this works for you.

https://files.catbox.moe/xf8b8h.psd
>>
>>2170241
I should also add that I can do this same thing for the long neck version if you want.
>>
File: xf8b8h_tex.png (5.99 MB, 2920x5000)
5.99 MB
5.99 MB PNG
>>2170241
>>2170242
That was perfect, here's the short version. I can definitely redo the long version if you think it's necessary.
>>
>>2170243
I made some minor fixes and color changes, so it's probably best to redo the other one too. I also think it looks cleaner doing it this way.

https://files.catbox.moe/bizpi3.psd

Once that's done I can put it up on DA.
>>
File: bizpi3_tex.png (5.65 MB, 2795x4999)
5.65 MB
5.65 MB PNG
>>2170245
Done and done. Thanks again for your work on this.
>>
>>2170246
These came out great. Glad you like it and thanks for working on these alternate versions. If you ever want me to link your dA or any other profile for credit, just message me on deviantArt.

https://www.deviantart.com/phluxxor/art/Kiss-Shot-Kimono-844800658
>>
>>2169422
my point is if nobody replied to your original post and it's been months: nobody will do your request.
>>
>>2170157
enjoyed this post a lot, thank you! I gotta keep practicing
>>
>>2170309
It has taken years for some requests to get done, there's nothing wrong with requesting something every thread.
>>
>>2170325
>>
For experienced vectorists, how do you determine how good a vector is? Like how do you distinguish between an A quality vector versus a B or C quality vector? I get stuff like like line consistency and uniformity, but is there anything else?
>>
>>2170338
It can be as simple as the fact that they made a vector of an image I like, and they did it about as good as I would.

To get more technical, doing complicated images can really make a vector stand out. Using gmesh to get complicated coloring to work in a vector can sometimes be difficult, so seeing it work out can be impressive. It can also be simple in the coloring department, but be a very detailed vector that you know as a vector artist took a long time to complete, so you appreciate that they put in the time to make something both high quality, and detailed.

I also appreciate when people have their lineart flow properly. For instance, in >>2170246 they did a good job with the hair, especially on the longer strands. You can tell when someone is good with handles because they manage to keep the tips of the longer hair sharp and curl like it did in the original, while maintaining a consistent thickness throughout without any lumps or awkward flattening. I love complicated hair lineart, so that always has a soft spot for me. Hands can also be fairly technical, so seeing someone do a good job with them always gets a nod from me.

General coloring is also important. Being able to edit the original artwork to improve the coloring can really help a vector stand out. Also, colored lines can be a nice touch sometimes and getting that just right can take some skill.

Overall though, it depends, but those are some things that stick out to me.
>>
>>2170338
Other than what you mentioned about the lineart, to me the rest goes with the efforts that went in mostly. Having the original handy to compare is pretty important.

Coloring/shading can be a big one, usually the use of meshes can help a lot when they're use appropriately. Tweaking the colors can be good too depending on the image, sometimes the lighting on the original will looks bad when taken out of it's scene (sunset, dark) so making the colors neutral can make it a lot better, both in looks and usefulness for wallpapers and stuff.

Redrawing missing parts or details that are blurred out, if done right, is also a big plus. I've seen some pretty good use of patterns or vector textures that really added a lot, not every project needs those but it can look impressive when it applies. Someone that can create a texture and then envelope distort it well is pretty skillful in my book.

Complicated question to answer really, I feel like a lot of it is subjective. It can kind of come down to "does it look good' even with all this stuff being at play.
>>
>>2170343
It can also be picking an image that is good for vectoring, I hate to say it but a lot of images are not picked up because they are not a good fit for a vector.
>>
>>2170338
Consistency, lack of wobbly lines, smooth curves and good points, and smooth colors/gradients/mesh. Even if you are doing something extremely stylized you still need those features. Past that it is somewhat based on your style, we talked about it on Discord, but we can tell each other's vectors based on style.
>>
File: 1591925296130.jpg (56 KB, 1080x607)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Can I get Tohru vectored please?
>>
File: Capture.png (258 KB, 709x963)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
Just finished the outline for this, posted the full size over on discord as I am not limited by size there.
>>
>>2170722
Better than me...
>>
>>2170309
>he still didn't read the thread
imagine having double digit digit iq
>>
File: 1574582501782.png (494 KB, 1108x1468)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>2170309
>>
File: req1_done.png (1.53 MB, 1753x3889)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>2169628
like this?
>>
File: req2_done.png (463 KB, 1004x1004)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>>2168813
like this?
>>
File: req3_done.png (643 KB, 800x1083)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>2168396
I am in a rush, so i hope it is enough for u
>>
>>2170778
>>2170780
>>2170781
These are renders, not vectors.
>>
>>2170778
not exactly but I appreciate it a lot
>>
>>2170749
Looks good so far Nakki.
>>
>>2170758
>>2170759
imagine still having hope after almost 100 days with no status update.
>>
>>2170933
You must be new here.
>>
>>2170933
Imagine having hope 3 years later.
>>
>>2170933
I'm still working on an image 7 years later.
They are fine and the can post in the thread no worries.
>>
Speaking of no hope to ever see the finished work: Anchor post for Coppelion girls with guns. Has it really been over a year already?
>>2128134
>>2128822

Weapons on display are:
Aoi (on the left) - Howa Type 89, but without integral bipod
Ibara (middle) - M249 SAW Para
Taeko (right) - SVD Dragunov, original design, but with black polymer instead of wooden furniture
>>
File: help.png (290 KB, 1920x1080)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
I'm having a bit of confusion here. I started drawing this shape for the color, but left it partially complete and went back to finish it later. But when I use the pen tool on the node at the top right to connect it to the node at the left, it creates a new shape rather than continues the partially complete shape. Is this supposed to happen? Do I have to complete a shape in one go?
>>
>>2171297
Lock your lines layer. That layer takes priority over any layer below it, so if you have color lines that are very close to a line layer node, it will interfere with connecting the color layer, because the line layer node will take priority. Once locked, you should be able to select a color layer node and close it out.
>>
could you vectorize only miruko?
>>
>>2171333
Wasn't this done like three threads ago? Or was it requested but never done?
>>
>>2171298
OK, thanks, that worked. One other question, how do you determine whether to use a linear gradient or a gradient mesh?
>>
>>2171344
Heavily depends on the complexity of the coloring. If its a simple image where you see a radial or linear gradient transitioning between very few colors, its easier to just use those types.

You only need to use gradient mesh when you have gradient shapes within that alter the direction of the gradient. The whole point of a gradient mesh is giving you more control to shape the gradient, while linear and radial gradients have set shapes that cannot be altered (besides by increasing/decreasing distance for linear, and increasing/decreasing radius/distance for radials).
>>
>>2171335
Requested, but never done
>>
File: 1.png (431 KB, 1920x1080)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>2171345
OK, thanks. I apologize for my constant questions, but I have another little problem. For the hair line art, where the end is tapered and thin, it's basically impossible to align the shape colors so that they go directly under the line art without going over and having color protrude out of the lines or not going enough and leaving a gap between the line and the color. How do I deal with this?
>>
>>2171500
A solution I was thinking of was, for the shape color, to put a node at the end of the line art so that I can have two handles, one above the node to control the part that's to be hidden under the line art, and another below the node to control the part after the end, but I don't know if that would be the best solution.
>>
>>2171500
Press Ctrl+U to turn on Smart Guides. Select the node at the tip of the hair, and start to move it toward the color shape and it will snap to the color shape. Then, lock your lines layer, select the color shape, create an endpoint at the same point where the hair node is with independent handles. Have one handle keep the color under the line, and the other handle to continue the shape outside of the line.

Then press Ctrl+U again to turn Smart Guides off because its annoying outside of a few cases.

You can also select the color shapes and have them snap to the lineart too.

Basically what >>2171504 said.
>>
File: snap to point.png (674 KB, 3440x1440)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>2171500
<---"Snap to point" is your friend.

Draw your color shape and make sure a node, with both of its control handles, is near the tip of the lineart. You can then select that node and drag it to the tip of the lineart and it should snap to it. The mouse will not physically snap, but you will see a little square icon next to it indicating the snap. Once in position you can adjust the handles to ensure the color is hidden properly behind the lineart.

Technically speaking, while drawing the shape you can snap to the node of the lineart directly, assuming that the lineart layer is not locked. The Smart Guides will also do just about the same thing, but it's a pain in the ass to be turning it on and off repeatedly when Snap to Point will do what you want it to do....

Hopefully i explained it well enough, if not, let me know and I'll make another short video about it.

Also, for >>2171297, my two cents is to not be such a neat freak on the edges of the artboard... For both lineart and colors, you can freely extend past the artboard and Illustrator will automatically crop anything outside of the artboard when you export the image.

By trying to align everything to the artboard, you risk missing some part and having it show (or not) in the end product.
>>
Could someone try doing a vector trace of the right sketch? I'd prefer the other two sketches done too, but the right one is my main interest. Please make sure to preserve details like the frilling on her panties too.

If these at all help, here's the original sketch (without any upscaling or artifact removal): https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/321393

And here's a non-sketch reference of the character: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/172429
>>
>>2171610
Sorry to say this is a really bad image for vectoring, its a photo of a sketch that would need to be manually corrected to fix the warping, sketches are not very good for vectors and its cut off.

To have a chance we would at least need a higher res scan and not a photo.
>>
>>2171613

>To have a chance we would at least need a higher res scan and not a photo.

Eh, that's probably not going to happen. The original link on Danbooru is 11 1/2 years old and you can see the date on the art itself is nearly 15 years old. I have no idea where it was originally posted or if it's from a video or anything.

I went ahead and upscaled it even further in Waifu2x, and this is apparently the highest it can allow. Are you sure nobody (atleast ITT) would be able to trace over this sketch? I get the warping but it doesn't seem like it really effects the perspective in this case (or that it would probably matter too much, it doesn't need to be perfect.) It's already drawn at an angle to begin with too.

I also understand the issue with the cutoff, but as I said, I'm mainly interested in the right sketch.
>>
>>2171676
The image looks like it might be from an art book for the show? A quick google search did not pull up anything so its probably a fan image someone took a photo of? If so I would guess it the best that's going to be found.

I would be interested in what you want a vector of this for and how much detail you are looking for since this is a sketch I would have to make best guesses on all the lines to clean them up and make them look good in a vector, Flat colors would be easy but if I need to add shading it would take a lot more time.

If all you are looking for is a good outline so you can color it in Photoshop or something you would have better luck talking to an artist and having them ink it.
>>
>>2171681

>The image looks like it might be from an art book for the show? A quick google search did not pull up anything so its probably a fan image someone took a photo of? If so I would guess it the best that's going to be found.

It's official production art, but I'm not aware of any artbooks for the show. I really have no idea what it's from. Maybe a staff production staff's old site or something, or a bad video screencap.

I might be a bit confused on what a "vector" entails, or I was atleast given poor directions on where to take a request like this. In the Image Mod thread awhile back, I requested someone do the same with another image that was a photo of a rough sketch and they told me it would be better suited to this thread (since it would entail a "total linework redraw"), but it got no takers.

And yeah, I am basically looking for a new outline/inking/tracing/complete linework redraw and for someone to color and shade it. I'm not sure if that's what would fit this thread or not. If not, which thread(s)? And what would be the best way to request for it and describe it?
>>
File: deleteme - deleteme.png (4.12 MB, 3476x2447)
4.12 MB
4.12 MB PNG
>>2171676
Corrected for perspective and lens distortion
>>
>>2171688

Wow, thank you!
>>
>>2171686
Most IMT requests are very simple things, like detexting or cutting a background out; very rarely you'll find someone there willing and able to do a proper inking, which involves tracing over the image with a graphics tablet and being a proper digital artist.

This thread is for vector traces, which are often from anime screencaps or well done fanart, but is much more 'mechanical' than artistic, so people need an already finished image to start from; very rarely you'll find somebody willing and able to do a proper inking... etc.

Honestly, you'd probably have the best luck going to drawthreads on some other board because that's where the kind of person you need is most likely to see it, but those threads get like 200 requests per 1 delivery, unless you're willing to pay for a proper commission.
>>
>>2171530
I love Soppo, looking forward to seeing this done
>>
>>2171530
>you will see a little square icon next to it indicating the snap
Can you show me a screenshot of this? I've fixed the hair already, but when I was doing it, I had "snap to point" enabled, but I didn't see any square icon.
And yeah, I do see your point with the edges of the artboard. I wanted to make it look neat, but it would probably be better to have it extend out, since the excess will be cut off anyways.
>>
>>2170622
already done, unless you meant that exact shot
>>
>>2171883
Yeah, I wanted that shot of Tohru.
>>
File: Artboard 1@5x.png (1.76 MB, 5563x4040)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
Finished my second vector, finally. I don't think I'm missing anything.
>>
>>2171943
I like it. The lower area of her eyes look a bit too pointy though. I'd start will a full ellipse for the darkest portion of her pupils and pinch the bottom of it, then add up all the shapes on top in a similar manner. This could also benefit from a very subtle colored lineart, I feel. Good stuff otherwise.
>>
>>2171944
>The lower area of her eyes look a bit too pointy though
But isn't that supposed to be how it is? I checked the image I used for the vector, and the lower area of her eyes are pointed.
>I'd start will a full ellipse for the darkest portion of her pupils and pinch the bottom of it
What do you mean by pinching the bottom of it?
Also, I've seen vectors of Aoba on DeviantArt, and for this one by Dekodere, I noticed that the ends of her front hair pieces have this subtle fade from purple to purple + the color of her skin. How is this done?
>>
>>2171944
>>2172029
Not him, but my 2 cents. The lower half isn't pointed, but it appears that way because the highlight above it has priority.

Instead, create the eye with the ellipse tool and then overlay the highlight on top of the eye. That way, you have one eye line that is consistent from end to end. You can then adjust the thickness at the bottom of the eye if you want the bottom portion to be thinner. I tend to prefer a consistent thickness throughout for my eyes, but that's my personal taste.

Also, when working with eyes, make sure all your highlights start with the ellipse tool as well. The original lineart is messy, and when you make a high resolution vector, those mistakes are more apparent. You want to fix those shapes and make them as clean as possible.

For the internal eye gradient that you have going from white to pink, it is far too harsh on the white side. Make sure the pink portion is more prominent, and that the white portion is only at the upper tips. You can do this by adjusting the location of the linear or radial gradient, or by increasing the saturation of the pink (or both).

>Also, I've seen vectors of Aoba on DeviantArt, and for this one by Dekodere, I noticed that the ends of her front hair pieces have this subtle fade from purple to purple + the color of her skin. How is this done?

Not him, but most likely its a simple gradient shape with one end terminating at a 0% opacity with the bars adjusted to have a solid outline, but fading.
>>
>>2172029
Doing the hair fade thing by using a gradient like >>2172032 mentioned is a valid and probably easier way to do it.

But I've done something very similar by using transparency masking. Create a shape where you want to fade, and fill it with a gradient going from white to black. Then create a transparency mask from the transparency window. You can see on the right side that I have a few of these masking shapes.
>>
File: Aoba eye.png (159 KB, 3422x3722)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>2172029
>But isn't that supposed to be how it is?
Maybe. To me it looks too abrupt. My problem is that the shape of her eyes doesn't seem to follow a full curve, especially near the bottom, it's hard to explain. The inner color also overlaps the outline at the bottom. It's something that looks off to me but if you prefer it this way, that is fine too, it comes down to preferences.
>What do you mean by pinching the bottom of it?
If you have a node at the very bottom of your circle shape, try shortening both the left and right handles. Although, now that I've tried reproducing the eye on the left myself, I didn't really need to do that, by just using the ellipse tool and moving around the nodes and handles I got something that looks satisfactory to me. I'll attach my take on the left eye.
>>
>>2172033

Oooooooh now THAT is a nifty little trick!

I'll definitely be trying that out whenever the possibility presents itself.
>>
>>2170243
this is awesome. I'm getting a huge mousepad and this will be the main design I have printed on it. I just need to figure out the right background to go with it. thanks a bunch for the work!
>>
>>2172032
>Instead, create the eye with the ellipse tool and then overlay the highlight on top of the eye
Do you mean to make an ellipse for the base color, like say make a big ellipse for the upper half of the eye, and then put the other stuff on top of that big ellipse? I did each color as its own separate piece, and I had all kinds of problems with gaps between the pieces.
>You can do this by adjusting the location of the linear or radial gradient, or by increasing the saturation of the pink (or both).
How do you do this? Is it redrawing the gradient line? I had my gradient line going at a diagonal, from top left to bottom right.
>>2172036
I think the reason why you're seeing that is that I basically tried to follow the original art 1 to 1 because I felt that would be the most "correct." For the big white circle, I see yours is more regular in shape than mine, and that's because I basically tried to match what the original art had exactly. With the lower area of her eyes, the kind of burgundy color, where I have two sharp ends, I interpreted from the original art as having two sharp ends, so that's what I did.
>>
>>2172106
A big part of making a good vector is knowing when to improve on the original art, especially when you're using an anime screenshot where the artist was in a stupid crunch to draw every frame and didn't have time to make things look right.

A good example of this would be >>2170622 where her dress is almost entirely just one flat color, with barely a hint of shape or shading along only the front edge. In motion for the few seconds it appears during the show it's not noticeable, but when you look at the single frame on its own it is, and if somebody were to try and vector it exactly as it was originally drawn it would be really ugly.

And eyes are also very often something that need improvement, because they'll be misshapen or lumpy in original art and it looks _okay_ but once you blow it up in a vector it sticks out like a sore thumb, which is why most artists here use the ellipse tool to get clear, perfect circles.
>>
>>2168813
I've been watching things in my backlog and I just finished the second season of this, so I think I'll pick this up. It might take some time though.

>>2172055
Glad you found this useful!

>>2172064
I'd love to see how it comes out!
>>
File: nigwardoutline.png (54 KB, 727x924)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
I made this. Now how the fuck do I color it?
>>
>>2172164
ms paint
>>
>>2172164
I love the airpods my dude
>>
>>2172164
With layers
>>
File: smollchomosuke.png (161 KB, 1085x1089)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
Thanks for the advice guys, I learned how to color. Now how the fuck do I do shadows/highlights? Gradients for highlights look like poopoo :(
>>
>>2172140
this is the preview I got, it'll be a few weeks before I get it, but it's looks freaking sweet!
>>
>>2172247
There are tutorials in the OP, watch them.

>>2172281
Oh man, custom mousepad? Looks really good! I've been debating getting a custom mousepad of one of my vectors.
>>
>>2172110
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I work on my next vectors. I guess I just got into a habit of following the original art exactly.
>>
File: 1594051084360.png (882 KB, 2000x2667)
882 KB
882 KB PNG
requesting for a render thanc thanc
>>
>>2172682
Vector =/= Render
>>
File: mitsuha.png (88 KB, 1920x1080)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
How's this vector? Please criticize me
>>
>>2172704
Use layers and overlap those fills so you wont end up with the weird gaps
>>
File: render attempt 1.jpg (753 KB, 2558x2892)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
Request
>>
File: EEGnGOTVAAAOuqd.jpg (717 KB, 1536x2048)
717 KB
717 KB JPG
Requesting

Would appreciate it if you can color it. It's no problem if you can't.

Here's a color reference
https://imgur.com/a/ma9oMXS

The girls boots are the same brown as the belt.
>>
File: akarix4.jpg (50 KB, 600x600)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Requesting a vector for Akari. Its not super high quality because I had to waifu2x it. I don't have the source of the image anymore.
>>
File: gyoof9v.png (215 KB, 3360x1890)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
Can I get the aloha oe as just the background, please?
>>
>>2173692
I was high and tired. I mean just the girl and gun.
>>
I have kind of a hard one. I want this girl, the problem is her body is essentially only in full view when you combine two images.

https://yande.re/post/show/519665

Here you see her legs, but her hair is cut off. In the picture I attached you can see her hair and part of her belly and the cut off part of her skirt. But it has all that text in the way. If nobody wants to try it, that's fine.
>>
File: Untitled-1 (1).png (291 KB, 1920x1080)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
sharing

first time using adobe illustrator
>>
File: granbluefantasy.jpg (426 KB, 1600x2000)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
requesting a vector
>>
>>2167969
>>
>>2173733

Hard? Not really.

The fact that the image you attached is pretty high quality helps a lot.
Aligning and overlaying both images in Illustrator is quite easy, so that wont be a problem.

Also, it's usually better to link to the original image from the artist instead of yandere, danbooru, or other image re-hosting sites.
Use SauceNao to find the original image.

https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/72336156

All that said, I'll take up this request. I really like Mochizuki Shiina's artstyle. This will make for a beautiful wallpaper once I'm done.
>>
If you're coloring an area that has different shadows to it, like say a hair strand casts an area of shadow that covers layers of clothing that are different colors, how would you color the area without making separate pieces for each color?
>>
>>2173835
Thanks anon, I'm looking forward to it.
>>
File: Tama.png (5.13 MB, 10000x10000)
5.13 MB
5.13 MB PNG
>>2173842
Something like the shadow on her coller?
Ill make a fill of the the shadow and colour it black, play around with the transparency of the shadow till it looks right.
>>
>>2173849
Yeah, that's what I mean. So, for the shadowed part, you make the color the same as the unshadowed part and then put the fill of the shadow on top of it? Also, unrelated to coloring, but is there a Minus Front for objects consisting of just strokes, if say you drew an ellipse as a stroke but wanted to erase half of it?
>>
>>2173750
revised edition
>>
File: nazonokanojo.png (35 KB, 514x637)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
Can i get a vector of this one? I dont mind the details on the ribbon, a single color would do the job
>>
>>2168686
I love you.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (386 KB, 5140x6370)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>2173920
is this good
>>
>>2174016
perfect!
>>
>>2173874
You shouldn't use strokes for the lineart.
Check out the tutorials.
>>
Requesting entire imgage.
>>
I wonder how many requests out there have been started and never finished. I know I started one that is mostly done except for the parts I tried to add on and subsequently look terrible. Not being a real artist is suffering.
>>
File: picrelated.png (366 KB, 1920x1080)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>2174253
idk i started picrelated but probably won't finish either
>>
>>2174256
You shouldn't use strokes.
Watch the tutorials in OP.
>>
>>2174256
Looks good to me.
>>
>>2174263
Blunt ends, wobbly lines, it looks like someones first attempt at a vector.

Its not terrible but its not good. Watch the video's if you want to get better or ask for help.

>>2174253
I've got like in various states of done so probably a lot?
>>
>>2174271
I'm the requester. I get what you're saying and you're right, but I like it.
>>
>>2174274
That's good because everyone who vectors regularly on here just lost faith in humanity.
>>
>>2174253
Do you guys have multiple vector projects at a time? I'm still pretty new to vectoring, but I'm trying to stick to one project at a time so I have an end in sight.
>>
File: ShinobuSitting.png (1.34 MB, 2153x2847)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
I don't remember who requested this but it was like over a year ago. I think I'm pretty much done as far as I want to tinker with it.

Sorry it took so long, I ended up switching jobs so I didn't have time to work on it for a long time. Well I guess that is, if the requester actually sees it.
>>
>>2174380
I usually have 2-3 going at the same time plus whatever I am doing for work. Pretty sure that sums up daul as well.
>>
>>2174395
I think I posted the 4 I am working on as well as the one eternally ongoing one.

I almost have the coloring done one the Guitar Girl at least.
>>
>>2174391
Shouldn't her right eye be under her hair?
>>
>>2174473
That is how the original art presented it. So maybe? I'm not really interested in messing with this any further though.
>>
>>2174485
I think it'd look nicer if the hair covers the eye, since that's more logical. It should just be a matter of moving around a few layers, but you do you.
>>
>>2174486
>it should just be a matter of moving around a few layers
Were it so easy. Its definitely possible to change, but due to my laziness not that simple. I think I'll leave it as it is, since that was what the original art had. I already made significant changes to this and I don't want to do anymore.
>>
>>2174491
Ah well, at least you got it done. Hopefully the requester sees it.
>>
File: spiceandwolf.png (143 KB, 800x800)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
Can i get a vector of this one, please?
>>
>>2174395
>plus whatever I am doing for work
You do paid vectors?
>>
File: sailormoon.png (776 KB, 5000x4447)
776 KB
776 KB PNG
Some guy requested it a while ago
>>
>>2174527
I so some logo work and vector images for a local printer
>>
Requesting a vector on the girl in the foreground, nothing else. Can't get it any less blurry than this, since this is how it was in the anime (Oreimo, specifically the 3rd episode of season 1).

Ideally (but not necessarily), I'd like if the left part of her dress and left hand could be combined somehow from this screencap (just those parts vectorized, not the entire thing- unless someone would be up to vectorizing her completely in this too): https://i1.lensdump.com/i/jcgHte.png

Also, this (and the screen with her left hand) were both upscaled from the originals, so there's a bit of detail loss. Please use the originals as references (you can see some of the creases on her panties are a bit more detailed):
https://i1.lensdump.com/i/jcglKk.png
https://i1.lensdump.com/i/jcg7ba.png

And here's a gif of the scene for further reference/anyone curious: https://i1.lensdump.com/i/jcgzPx.gif
>>
>>2174614
I'll be completely honest with you, this would be a metric pain in the ass to try and vector. It would probably be easier just to get a drawfag to make a completely new picture for you.

There is almost nothing solid here to actually work off, since this is mostly an inbetween kind of shot.

Not to discourage you, but this kind of thing probably won't be picked up.
>>
>>2174585
Thank you, anon, I didn't think anyone would do it and came back in this thread on a whim. I really appreciate it.
>>
File: pybs59tb4td51.png (29 KB, 1000x600)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
requesting pls
>>
File: spicyapple.png (1.08 MB, 5000x5399)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>2174510
sure
>>
File: ConnectionTaskForce.png (609 KB, 5000x6127)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>2175060
sure
>>
File: spicyapple.png (1.11 MB, 5000x5439)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>2175135
>>2174510
messed up that shine...
>>
>>2175137
that's awesome! thanks a lot!
>>
File: path4503-9.png (603 KB, 5000x5836)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>2173752
sure
>>
>>2174893

If this is too low quality to serve as the basis for a proper vector (atleast for this thread), then what should I look for to be done instead? You recommend looking for a drawfag to do a completely new image, but there's still enough outline showing through the blur to be traceable, and what is showing is pretty simplistic. Doing some kind of tracing seems like it'd be easier than a full blown redraw. And again, I'm not necessarily asking for the left side with her hand to be done, I'm mainly interested in what I attached.

Plus I'm not sure who or where else I'd ask for this to be done, unless you have any recommendations.

Sorry for any ignorance, but I thought this would be the best place to request something like this, compared to other edit/draw threads.
>>
thanks for doin the aobas anon id like this one done too but like I'm not like expecting anything arigato
>>
>>2175229
Not the Anon that first replied to you, I'd say the main reason it's not likely to get picked up here is that it's cut off on 3 sides; it really doesn't leave much room for usage as anything besides a fullscreen panyshot along one edge of your monitor.

The blurriness isn't a -huge- hurdle to overcome, but having to complete her legs on one edge and her hand plus the frills on the other side of the dress is what kinda kills.
>>
>>2175263

My intent was mainly to have a blurry screencap that's been around for a long time (aired almost 10 years ago) finally made discernible, and a vector trace seems like the best and easiest way to go about it.

As for the rest, again I want to emphasize that's optional. It would obviously be best to do the attached image first and worry about attaching something else later, but given the amount of work that entails, that doesn't come across well, and I probably shouldn't have included that to begin with.

If anyone picks this up ITT, unless you really want to, don't bother with vectoring anything like the second image with the rest of her dress and her hand (plus the cap I posted might not be the best one to possibly attach, it was really just the best I could find at the same resolution.)
>>
>>2175302
The fact that -you- are okay with it being cut off on 3 sides is all well and good, but the vector artist is really the one that matters here, these traces take many, many hours to do right, so requests aren't often picked up unless they also like the image or have something to use them for, which is why most of them you see are full body or only cut off on one side.
>>
>>2175136
thanks anon!
>>
>>2175302
I barely have time to vector my own spank material so why would I vector your spank material?
Especially when its blurry and cut off on 3 sides and has no drool or cute little hats.
>>
File: Izanagi.png (1.39 MB, 850x1217)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
Requesting. If anyone takes this up, just the head is fine, looking to make a custom mask.
>>
File: Madarame Baku.jpg (2.24 MB, 2250x1607)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
Requesting a Vector

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.