[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ogp.jpg (40 KB, 1200x630)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>90% of their Vtuber designs hit it out of the park with some occasional bad
>the highest quality 3D rigging for their talents out of any other Vtuber company
>Getting the best connections like Deco27 to make songs for live events
>Doing the best ever job at managing drama either within or from outside
>Completely fucking dominating in terms of subscribers, and I ain't just talking about Gura
>Putting on better live events then some literal flesh idol corporations

If the biggest complaint that naysayers have against you is that "your most subscribed talent doesn't stream" then yeah it's pretty clear that you're on top
>>
>>45468592
>>Completely fucking dominating in terms of subscribers, and I ain't just talking about Gura
It is all mostly thanks to Gura and Myth though. They would be nothing without EN.
>>
>>45468592
>90% of their Vtuber designs hit it out of the park with some occasional bad
The entirety of Tempus1, Anya, Risu, early Fubuki, early Flare, early Miko, early Sora. You don't notice the bad ones at all, there's more than just "occasional".
>the highest quality 3D rigging for their talents out of any other Vtuber company.
If we're comparing anime 3D then Nijisanji does it better right away, if we're comparing mocap in general then Code Miko says hello.
>Getting the best connections like Deco27 to make songs for live events
Deco is at the very best average, vocaloid producers really are a low bar, especially the newer ones, you should've known that.
>Doing the best ever job at managing drama either within or from outside
Two of the loudest dramas in the entirety of this industry were on Hololive.
>Completely fucking dominating in terms of subscribers, and I ain't just talking about Gura
But you have to thank Gura, she singlehandedly carried the rest of Holos through discovery with lots of help from Coco, at least in the west. In Japan it was Fantasy who got them into mainstream.
You've never seen IRL idols and it shows.
2/10 i bothered
>>
I LOVE THE HOLOLIVE I LOVE THE HOLOLIVE
>>
File: 1679219434428266.png (1.13 MB, 1920x1080)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>45468592
HoloChads dabbing on nijikeks
>>
>>45468592
And to think it's all thanks to one single clip. Just crazy.
>>
>>45468592
Time. Money. Dedication. Walled garden.
>>
File: 1602666205141.jpg (61 KB, 640x856)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>45468592
It's not crazy when you understand why they're this successful.
>>
>>45469265
>In Japan it was Fantasy who got them into mainstream.
Nah, it was Gura there as well.
>>
>>45468592
>the highest quality 3D rigging for their talents out of any other Vtuber company
They actually cooperate with Cygames in terms of 3D and OH BOI GLAD THEY CHOOSE THE RIGHT COMPANY TO DO THE JOB
>>
Hitomi chris
Aloe
Mels managers sexual advances
The treatment of irys bwfore her new model
No en5
>>
>>45469265
Early Fubuki was kino eat shit I'm not reading the rest of your awful take.
>>
>>45468592
This is cope about Holofes having 30% less views than last year.

Hololive is good with 3d lives for sure but they are mediocre with everything else. And don't even start about fucking rigging when Gura exists.
>>
>>45469265
>deco27
>new
holy newfag kill yourself
>>
>>45469027
Wrong, they already were big in terms of subscribers, not only that but with ccv aswell.
I remember aqua getting big numbers well before their boom in late 2020.
Korone and Fbk was already close to 1 mil before aswell. So stop pointing out that the only reason they got successful was because of myth because that is definitely not the case.
>>
>>45468592
In terms of pure entertainment and fun events, they're definitely without a doubt the best vtuber agency.
I also watch niji but I mostly see them only as livestreamers while I see holo as more than as streamers.
>>
>>45469265
Holostars isn’t hololive and early ones literally don’t count because nearly all vtuber early models were bad it was starting out leaving only Anya Risu IRyS so occasionally

He says vtuber company you bring up code miko who realistically uses the same as them for large concerts. Not to mention it’s technically impressive but overrated it took a year of updates to reach that level on one model

Yea this one could be true but I’m no musician and he has made popular songs so maybe he is good (popular doesn’t equal good but things that are good tend to be popular)

And they managed those dramas fine no stain on there name no drop in viewership

He said some IRL concerts so either you believe that holofes was made of no talent hacks tripping over themselves then you’re just schizo or you haven’t watch IRL idols because some suck even the good ones put on bad shows really rarely
>>
https://youtu.be/-tlBElXTF_A
>>
>>45468592
>the highest quality 3D rigging for their talents
Hahahahah
>the best connections like Deco27
Hahahaahh
You haven't seen ANY live event from any other idol company.

Good ones anon.
>>
File: 1657888710954481.jpg (329 KB, 2048x1535)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>45469027
the festival is a constant reminder to why hololive is on top, and a certain other company hasn't gotten that second step.
>>
To bad only one en member can get over 7k without a buff game or event anymore
>>
>>45468592
>>Putting on better live events then some literal flesh idol corporations
Oh, which live events are you talking about? I'm excited!
>>
>>45468592
kys
try better bait again holoshill
>>
>>45468592
>>90% of their Vtuber designs hit it out of the park with some occasional bad
I cannot agree with that
hololive has some really bad models
>>
>>45469265
>>45472466
model != design
>>
If the company reinvest the money to the talent instead of the CEO's 4th Yacht then it shows.
>>
Lol. Their tech is ridiculously mediocre for their position as no 1.
Hololive has the power of friendship. Thats their thing and its a good thing.
>>
File: 1653542550851975.jpg (182 KB, 1200x1187)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>45468592
They really do excel at events and generating hype for them.
But they suck at operating on a normal everyday basis.
>2D rigging not up to standard for like half of their talents
>Most restrictive game perms of the industry
>Streams become similar between talents, just with a different voice and model
>EN branch sucks hard to the point several small corpos are more entertaining
>Clearly wanted to fuse HoloEN with HolostarsEN at some point
I love watching Polka and Korone though.
>>
>>45468592
Stfu shitstirrer. Dramafags, kys.
>>
The hololive 3D face modeling sucks. The models are ok when they are doing full body shit like dancing, but they are all awful when they use them up close showing that they really lack decent facial muscular tracking and representation.

They all lose expression in their mouths and have this weird half open mouth resting state with weird looking teeth. I hate when any of them use their 3D model over their Live 2D ones when face streaming.
>>
>>45478612
Do you have a good example from a rival company doing it better? I'd be curious to see it.
>>
>>45477142
Disagree if they couldnt fonction on day to day basis they wouldnt be able to create the hype they've made.
They do have the bad habit of all playing the hot game of the moment at the same time but the rest of the time they all play different game for exemple lets examine what 4 random talents where streaming recently
Koyori has her asakoyo,theyakuza samurai spin off and was on a persona 3 grind that ended recently and only mori is playing that one
Subaru is playing tales of symphonia and 3 sentinel aegis rin those jrpg dont interest me but hey thats fine.

Kanata was also on the dark soul grind but since its a soul games maybe you dont count these? Since basically all holomembers have played elden ring.
Lamy is playing dragon quest
And a bonus one if you dont count Kanata
I cant read kanji to save my live so i dont really understand what she's doing but it seem like Yozora Mel is doing a variety of a type morning show (ohayo with a sun is shown in the video title) asmr,anime watchalong and playing paranormalsight.

I used this to choose the holo's https://spinthewheel.app/hololive-id3rdgen-updated
>>
>>45468592
Blatant nijinigger false flag.
>>
>>45478831
just because there isn't a better example doesn't mean we can't call shit face tracking shit
the way their mouths are either open or closed during their performances is so goofy looking
>>
>>45480035
Ah, I thought you had something in mind.

It's a tricky thing, too much muscle tracking and it'd be uncanny.
>>
>>45480035
What's the point of calling it shit if that "shit" is still the best?
>>
>>45480127
The Nijisanji 3D faces tend to look better, probably not so much because they are using better tech, rather they have more natural looking face states without a mouth full of awful looking teeth.

Miko looks and moves a bit better than the others as well and Sora is ok, probably mostly a function of them not having a 2D live model to compare with and not having a mouth full of teeth.

Roboco is awful though, same face issues as like Marines or Noel’s 3D face models.
>>
>>45480563
>The Nijisanji 3D faces tend to look better, probably not so much because they are using better tech, rather they have more natural looking face states without a mouth full of awful looking teeth.
Do you have a specific example like a particular model in mind? I don't watch Nijisanji stuff, so I have no frame of reference.
>>
>>45468592
They are mid at best
>>
>>45469340
I don't watch nijisanji
>>
>>45469643
>Chris
Deserved
>Aloe
Harassed by Nijifags
>Mel's manager
Fired
>IRyS
Blame her papa
>No EN5
There would have to be a 3 and a 4 first
>>
>>45468592
Literal indies have better 3D models than Hololive

Hololive might do everything else right (I don't really care to get into that discussion), but their model game is dogshit, Live2D and 3D alike
They take great artists and great designs and shit all over them with some of the worst rigging in the industry
It's actually insulting how far behind Holo's Live2D is.
And they STILL can't get accurate mouth tracking for their 3D models.

INDIES WITH 1% OF COVER'S BUDGET ARE OUTPACING THEM.
FUCKING EMBARRASSING.

Hololive "is" and could and maybe should be the leader of the industry, but they have literally no ambitions outside of the idol fantasy, and are content with coasting on the bare minimum.

VShojo's Zentreya just recently revealed a new 3D program she's personally funding (currently private) which allows accurate tracking without a headset and tracker-based camera.

Indie riggers like ArtGun and Iron Vertex and pushing what's possible with Live2D, and VTubeStudio outpaced Hololive's in-house program years ago.

Indie modelers like Yoolies and JJinomu are creating bafflingly-accurate translations of 2D models into 3D.

Where the fuck is Cover, the company founded to develop VR and AR tech?
>>
>>45469458
This. Yagoo is a good catholic while Riku Tazumis only God is mammon.
>>
>>45481036
Pomu’s recent 3D debut would be one. Her 3D face moves and expresses much closer to her 2D models than you see with most of hololive.

Cloth simulation on her model sucks though, like with most of the hololive models when they start to do more extreme motions. Tells you that it’s probably all the same underlining tech being used. The Niji 3D modelers just did a better job translating faces to 3D.
>>
>>45468592
yes Hololive are on a whole other level compared to even Nijisanji, which are supposed to be way bigger than them. But at the end Nijisanji is for fags anyway. They get hard carried by the homos and China.
>>
>>45481298
You read the statement comparing to other companies and you bring up indies. Also vshojo ‘putting’ money towards things lol
>>
>>45482267
Yes, because by all rights the companies should be putting out more than independents.
They have much higher budgets, better connections and more resources.

So what gives, why do they fucking suck
>>
One of the reasons that they are successful is that they do idol stuff seriously. Which gives them a different brand value and makes them charismatic. Almost all vtubers out there are virtually vgamers but hololive members are not only that but also vidols. Vgamers end up doing the same shit and can't be more than video game streamers or usual ASMRers.
>>
>>45469960
This sounds like fucking cope to me. What are you basing that 30% off? Broke gang watching the publicly streamed portion of the paid events? What an absolutely stupid metric to use that shows more that everyone is willing to pay to be there than skip it entirely.
>>
>>45470471
Peak response right here! So absolutely stunning and amazing it manages to say absolutely nothing at all! Just as empty as the head of the one that posted it.
>>
>>45468592
Why would anyone even watch other agencies at this point?
>>
>>45481507
Wait is YAGOO really a catholic?
>>
>>45485937
See >>45384059
I believe it. Because i want to believe it.
>>
>>45486715
Based.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.