[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: meta abomination.jpg (1.28 MB, 1920x1080)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
My first premade ship. Its shit.
>>
>>873713

I think your ship is er, close, to not being shit, tarkhan.

You just need to logically think through a few components you've got. It's clearly not a main combat ship, since it has wide rocket tubes on top and flight decks on the side.

But it's a bit over-armed just for CWIS capabilities, and the level of armor is simply... immense.

Likewise your cockpit directly abuts munitions cells, which means even a slight explosion or a lucky armor piercing round (which the Lord Governor has in great stock) will destroy the entire ship any way.

I would suggest perhaps placing reinforce hull segments around the cockpit, moving the missile racks out on to the arms instead of directly over the main hull, moving the munitions literally anywhere else, and deciding on what -exactly- the role of this monsterous waste of funds is rather than "everything spider."

Hates Romanis - 2
Fleet Morale - 1
>>
>>873713
Interest points, I've learned a few things. Power?crew & ammo can swap places. Its remarkable nimble in combat and holds up pretty well. An issue you can't see is that launching fighters has a good chance to crash some. realistically it won't enter combat. Having made this freak of my imagination I can now make a real missile/aircraft carrier. The Meta X is too expensive. Inspired by the cylon star base.
>>
Realistically, the wasp/Longbow will fulfill the role of ACC quite well, you should consider making scout craft. I could post a copy of one if you would like. I typically put one tactical missile, either a R3 or KH model, nonnuclear. and one or two T-7 on them. Park it out in the desert, resupply it with fuel frieghters as necessary, and watch the blood flow as you can freely bomb strike groups and launch missiles at them for as long as you want. It also helps to not have any radar equipment on, if you want a radar, make a tiny ship with radar, and again, drop it off in the desert as a watchtower.
>>
>>873879
Because i didnt say it. Aircraft carriers do not need fuel or supplies outside of the ammo needed to field them, and T-7s have a habit of rarely dying. If you are so inclined, you can take a fighter and send it first, if you believe the enemy is going to be fielding AAM, to tank the majority and hopefully avoid an expensive plane getting fucked. Or, you can also send the missile, it will more or less do the same thing.
>>
File: 1613980937309.jpg (29 KB, 850x450)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>873713
>>
File: Proto_Missile_Carrier.jpg (97 KB, 1034x549)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
If you are attacking an enemy Strike Group, send a missile first which should absorb most/all of the enemies anti-air missiles. Afterwards your aircraft should be safe to bomb them.
>>873713
Personally I prefer to keep my ships towards a single mission profile. One ship gets aircraft, one gets missiles, one is for CIWS, etc, etc.
Here's an example of some basic Strategic Missile ship I made. Though realistically you could literally just slap an engine and fuel tank on three missiles and call it a day.
>>
>>873713
spend most of my time practicing ship combat. IM severely disappointed that i barely do any combat and get destroyed by ballistic missiles and and air craft carriers.
>>
>>873713
So THAT'S what this game reminded me of

Sideways Space Invaders
>>
>>874091
combat is slavic starsector 3vs1 edition, VN, moon landing simulator, and a strategy game all rolled into one.
>>
>>874098
>slavic starsector
Wouldn't that just be regular Starsector?
>>
>>873713
Can that thing even land?
>>
File: 20211213143415_1.jpg (130 KB, 1536x864)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>873713
Ayy shitty first ships? Heres mine
>Scarab Mk I
>Made as a misguided effort to streamline a Gladiators Firing arcs
>And add more guns because I have no self-restraint
>Burns half as much gas as the fucking sevastapol
>For a third of the cost
>With a sixth of the firepower
This thing would be a nightmare on the campaign. I feel one ballistic missile would pop it like a cork not even getting into the insane fuel consumption. But it is kinda fun though I like Molots alot plus I think it looks cool
>>
File: Безымянный.png (776 KB, 1532x706)
776 KB
776 KB PNG
Anon, help settle my moral debate - played 1.11 and enjoyed the fuck out of it, should i upgrade to 1.14?

Seriously wanted to buy the game but after looking into armor changes that came out in 1.13 i was somewhat disappointed. IMO not using armor so that the enemy has harder time hitting your intertal components is ridiculous

Also rate picrelated
>>
File: plz respond.jpg (90 KB, 640x488)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>874081
Turn off radar.

>>874131
Yes.

>>874261
I started playing two weeks ago, after losing 6 or 7 times I beat the game on normal. Just keep radar off and drop planes and missiles on things that scare you. I cleared every city before taking Khiva.

I found out that inc round 37/57mm don't just set things on fire, burning ships easily overheat engines and crash its funny. Sseth said they are meme ammo but he is meme.
>>
File: 1610100190685.gif (549 KB, 360x359)
549 KB
549 KB GIF
>>874261
>99% crew
EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
what vanilla ships do you use to kill strike fleets. going in all out brawl with a heavy ship is economically a bad a idea while a frigate will get destroyed by high caliber proximities.
>>
>>875244
Ever since they given AI all ammo types, you are fucked no matter what you do.
Just airstrike/missile them until they are managable.
In the endgame I just send recruited Kormorans, since repairs are free.
Other than that? Mega Deathbrick with spaced armor.
>>
>>874633
>bottom fleet
god fucking damn it

regarding keeping radar off, when i ran out of fuel due to the game miscalculating travel range for ships with damaged thrusters, i landed literally in 100km range of a town

having my position radioed 100% of the time, turning radar and jammers on and off, i have waited for around 1-1.5 ingame weeks for a strike group to deliver me some fuel, to no avail. even tried looking into the savefile to give my fleet some fuel, but that also didn't work.

When i first heard about this game (thanks sseth, very cool), i expected it to be more of a roguelike (i.e. if you die-you die). It certainly wasn't designed with that in mind, having savepoints, retries and all that, but i find the game more entertaining when instead of reloading you just start from Ur again in a new profile.

>>875244
if you want to stick to vanilla ships, i don't think there are any viable options besides throwing missiles, planes and rocks at SGs until they die.

>>875269
that's actually what makes me rethink buying this game, i don't like the idea of having to build a giant brick with 5+ layers of reinforced hull instead of using regular armor bolcks just to not be onebonked in the ammo loaders by an AP shell
>>
>>875284
You don't have to build reinforced hull bricks to beat the game. That is only if you're getting filtered by the overmap gameplay. The game is perfectly beatable with stock ships only. Brainlets will tell you otherwise, do not believe them.
>>
>>875284
layers of reinforced hull just look aesthetically terrible for me and ruins the ship building emersion. to think that large vs large dog fights is kind of fun. the sound of those 180mm firing in chorus is rather therapeutic but economically a bad idea do large chunk of your ship will destroyed after the fight when repairs cost a lot of money and time.
>>
File: test1.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
This is my legit first ship that I did after in the main campaign I modified an Archangel to jsut use 130mm cannons.

So this is in the same range but with more 130mm and a couple 37mm for missiles and has some flares in case shit is reloading.

Only two missiles and no evac pods cause I forgot. But I made sure the crew quarters are comfy next to the bridge.

I am going to buy this shit for sure, but I wish the dev had some help maybe for a seuqel I would love to see this robust system in a 3d environment. Or just expand this game so that different factions get different types of armor and ship design.

Maybe I should have gone for an horizontal fuel systemn? Its lands fine and its nimble but its a bit fatty.

I am going to try to make a bruiser capital ship now.
>>
>>875825
Just realized I could ad a single big hull piece and get the six barrelled gun working. Yep gonna do it.
>>
>>875297
>>875825
>130mm
>180mm
Why are the calibers in this game so small? Going by the sizes of these flying bricks, you'd guess they'd use something closer to WW2 CA or even BB guns
>>
>>875834
No idea, then again its a shitty setting maybe they re futuristic but run down medium calibre guns.

I thought of that as well. Then again with flying monsters like a flying Yamato, you could shell over the horizon with those what were they? 400mm? Something ridiculous.

Then again crew numbers for big ships seem like 60% of what battleships had.
>>
File: three prize ships.png (890 KB, 1419x1067)
890 KB
890 KB PNG
>get jackpot of three prize ships
>forced to either retreat or destroy your own profits because they can't just fuck off
What should i do when it hits like this?
Retreat and attack again so it would change ship order?
>>
Why can't I buy or equip missiles in any of the prologue shipyards? I missed the tutorial missiles and now I don't know where to get them. How do I get the transport ships during skirmishes? Am I retarded? Even Rain World doesn't scare me but this game man...
>>
>retreating doesn't changing order of enemy ships
>you have got to destroy one of them
well fug
>>
>>875867

>kadesh
Wait is this a official or custom ship?
>>
>>875869
All enemy ships in campaign are vanilla ships (unless there are mods to change that, but i don't have any).
It was Kadish in Hammefight, but yes, could be a reference, it is prequel after all.
>>
>>875878
I know the battle of kadesh is famous and fitting but its also a really cool level in homeworld.
>>
How do you switch off that tips and tricks screen before every battle?
Pulling the lever gers annoying
>>
File: 1607777816799.png (232 KB, 680x709)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>876108
>Pulling the lever gers annoying
>>
>>873713
Protip: aircraft are mostly useless on anything that isn't a dedicated aircraft carrier
>>
>>876108
>Pulling the lever gets annoying
>>
File: 1462207118854.jpg (25 KB, 481x306)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I wish the lever was twice as big and 10 times louder with some hefty bass sounds added.
>>
>>875867
This Tarkhan got too greedy it seems.
>>
>>875897
The GARDENS Of Kadesh, man these couple levels were hard. And spooky. What a cool game homeworld was.

>>875866
Missiles are purchased at rare module cities. You need to stock up on them when you get the chance.

>>875860
Yeah, when that happens you need to destroy one. Sucks.

>>876108
Pleb.
>>
>R-9 Sprint can't catch ballistic rocket for shit
>37mm spam barely damages it
>can't move ships while accepting missile strike
How the fuck do i counter ballistic spam bullshit?
Do i just run with jammer on all the time so they fuck off with missiles?
>>
>>876363
Shame about the disgusting remaster. But hey deserts of kharak is great and we are actually getting Homeworld 3.

And Rob is still doing the designs. Fuck its going to be awesome. Just hope the story is better than 2.

I want an excuse to make coomer shit with Sjet.
>>
>>876626
Still can't believe they removed the limited fuel from strike fighters, the voice lines as they were running out of fuel were so good. How they slowly lost their professionalism as fuel was getting dangerously low. I'll probably suck at homeworld 3 like I sucked at the previous ones but I'll get it just for the story and visual. A very interesting universe even without getting into the actual mechanical design.
>>
File: test2.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>876643
I could live with no fuel, but the what they did the the gameplay of the OGs was truly disgusting, I don't care if ship look or cutscenes is more pretty.

I ve seen people play remastered and think the original was like this. It damaged the game\series.

Anyway what is done is done.

>>875825
Revised version, now I think with better armor, faster and some escape pods.
I like the missiles but they are kinda useless? They get shot down fast and dont do enough damage to justify just not leaving more slabs of armor there.
>>
Does the large armor slabs work siding both ways?
>>
Btw how does radar obstruction work, does stuff like fire control radar need to be pointing in both directions?
>>
>>876569
Send a smaller ship to intercept it. 130mm proximities can kill missiles in one hit.
>>
File: test3.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Here is a alternate flagship I made for me just to test capital ships as I said

Its based of a ship I saw in discord, copied the overall shape cause I though it was cool and rearranged shit like crew quarters, generators, better protection for full frontal strike group melting.

Two ballistic missiles or nuclear, enough 37mm and anti missiles, some 9 zeniths, too much 180mm guns with full 360, its difficult to get the hull to do what you want for the guns here.

And it does not guzzle all that much I guess, I mean its a little more expensive than the sevastopol sure but it performs 100x times better.

Gonna try a full heavy cruiser style ship. Maybe even copy the shape of a Homeworld cruiser.

Wish we could see the ships in 3d.
>>
>>876938
also easier to kill ballistic missiles if its targeting 1 ship that you control
>>
>>876938
>>876991
Thanks, i'll try it.
Does my ammunition applies to the whole fleet or i need to transfer it from Sevastopol (or where it is stored) to intercepting ship?
>>
>>877344
>Does my ammunition applies to the whole fleet
It's supposed to
Key word is "SUPPOSED"
I've been missing some much needed proxy when getting missile molested because it didn't and other players report the same.
>>
>>877389
During my recent game one of my ships autoloaded Proxy ammo for missile defence. I had over 200 rounds of 130mm proxy ammo. The ship was destroyed and I found I lost all of my 130mm proxy ammo.
I must assume that if a ship has special ammo loaded and it dies then all the ammo it had loaded is gone as well.
>>
>>876569
>running a jammer
Yeah if you want to get hit by anti radiation missiles instead of radar guided missiles, sure.
You can send a-100 missiles to intercept enemy missiles. If that fails, send a couple t-7 with AAM. If that fails, detach a Fenek, Gepard, or your own design of anti air ship to intercept the missile with 37mm and sprints. If that fails, you're really not trying, and you deserve to get hit.

>>876823
No, it just affects range.

>>876991
Another reason to send a lone ship to intercept the missile
>>
File: unknown (37).png (424 KB, 1308x632)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>876686
Missiles are very useful for finishing off damaged ships w/out diverting your focus away from dodging/shooting. Sure it may get shot down if you fire it into a fresh squadron, but a ship that's already keeling won't have the firepower to shoot it down before it rips another chunk out an exposed interior.

Pic unrelated. It's my best attempt at stuffing the gladiator's armament into a lightning-sized package. I've just noticed the 44s combat time (lol) but thoughts regardless?
>>
>>875831
>he doesn't know about the six barrelled gun
>>
>>877646
Still looks pretty good., The armor piercing 100mm are nice.

Still my most bonkers ships are 130mm spam mid size frigates. campaign cant handle them, unless in hard where the true meat is on the map and ballistic shit.
>>
What does the Palash do?
>>
>>876964
Looks kinda like a Uboat. You should put some Cruise missiles facing the front as 'torpedo tubes'
>>
File: test4.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>878017
Yeah I know, its just to practice I think I can do a cooler ship.
Front facing looks cool but its hell against a strike group. A big meaty shield instead is better.

Like pic related is mk2, extra engine and better firepower. its getting silly but since it already was a bit silly. Well.
It still works well in campaign.

The first version I think is the same performance with less a gun and engine. But just to experiment.
>>
>>878040
still haven't gotten my hands on the new version, can i ask you of something? Is molot spam still viable? Last time i checked, it was more effective to place 8 molots instead of one 180 6-barrel turret thing
>>
File: test5.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>878090
Final version.

It absolutely rocks. Lets just say I did large test on dif 10. limped a bit in the end but finished it.
Bit more expensive but hey I look at it as a 3x times the power sevastopol.

I bet in the campaign it will just sodomize shit.

I dont know, I think two 6 barrel is performing better. But I have no idea, just starting now.

I am going to try and make a cruiser and see different setups.
>>
>>877987
Basically a point defence system for your ship
>>
>>878112
How does it work?
>>
>>878113
it shoots the shooty things so the shooty things dont shoot your ship
hope this helps
>>
>>878115
Its just that I dont see it working I think.
>>
>>878116
it can only shoot 3 shooty things, only targets big shooty things, and only has a certain sector of coverage. the yellow circle around your ship is the shooty coverage
hope this helps
>>
>>878120
Must have missed it during the fights. In any case the 37mm spams seem to take care of missiles and artillery pretty well.

Flares work alright for mid sized ships.
>>
>>878123
just tested it rn. the range the palash works is so tight it looks more like the shell just did no damage rather than shooting it out the sky
hope this helps
>>
>>878130
Interesting, maybe I should put it near fragile stuff like radars. Thanks.
>>
Got to Khiva with Admiral Daud still with me
Nice.
>>
I hae to quit my latest campaign after getting pounded by SF after SF.

The problem.wasnt beating then individually, but my Sevastopol looking like a trafficked romanian hooker after her sixth daily gangbang rather quick.
No time to repair or refuel, destroy one SF and you already get cruise missiles and planes from three different directions. What happened, and how do I prevent this?
>>
>>878922
You got squished by SGs. I am doing a nifty trick, do a cheap ship, maybe stupid fuel mule of your own, park it in a city long enough for the alarm to go off, then move your real fleet somewhere else.

Also I been using aircraft spam, top scout ahead, its better than anything radar wtv.
>>
>>878922
Sometimes its okay to use the nuclear option
>>
File: 1637168138906.png (529 KB, 421x476)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
is this game fun if i'm a bit of a retard when it comes to strategy games? the shipbuilding looks fun bc i relaly liked ksp, and i like dune, but idk if the actual minute to minute gameplay would be worth 20-30 dollars
>>
Ok guys so, first playthrough here and I'm currently stuck in point where my fleet consumes a shit ton of fuel, I don't have enough money to buy it, so I send a Skylark to the nearest fueling station, gas up, rinse and repeat.
The thing that fucked up everything for me was selling my ACC and trying to create a Savastapool-ACC hybrid. Now I have a ship that consumes 15k tonnes fuel per 1000km

have I fucked up my game? is it a bad idea to try to mix and match my ships?
>>
>>879327
you can buy fuel at Ur
>>
>>879250
Well anon I gotta say the game doesn't actually have any strategy anyways despite what shills may claim so it's basically just a twin stick shooter with extra fluff. I'll spite the shills for cheating me out of my money and say no. Not worth it for anyone.
>>
>>879512
but the funny video seethe man said it was good
>>
>>875841
imagine lobbing 460mm shells onto khiva
>>
>>879531
Actually the funny internet man, just like the retarded anon you're replying to, got filtered by the strategic layer and only saw the game as a twin stick shooter. On this board and elsewhere on the internet you will find many filtered retards who think the same way. They can't understand the strategic layer of the game, so they either complain that the game is unbeatable because your ships take so much damage, it takes so long to repair it, and it snowballs into losing the run, or they complain that you have to build your own custom armored death bricks to have a chance of beating the game.
None of that is true. It's a strategy game, and on a successful run you're only doing ship to ship combat as a last resort, really.
>>
>>879391
Well thanks but that was 7000 Km ago
my fucking carrier man, I will probably leave it parked in the desert
>>
>>875834
Dude you can't fire higher calibers from planes/ships. you have to consider recoil, manuevrability and other shit
And we don't really have a IRL comparison for this kind of battle, so I'm gonna go with this headcanon of mine
The 105 howitzer is the biggest caliber mounted on a airship, so far in history IIRC
>>
are there any hot keys on shipworks?
>>
File: Venture.png (284 KB, 920x520)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
Is armor still absolute trash? I liked my flagship that just sat in the desert and spammed aircraft like I was fighting the fucking Japs in the Solomon Sea but part of me really likes BIG broadsides and two feet of belt armor.
>>
>>879660
I can imagine. Fuck in a non gay world this dude would be the director at least of a from soft type size team and make a masterpiece.

It already is for ma such as it is.
>>
>>879810
It's a game about flying gunbricks the size of heavy cruisers, I don't give a shit about realism
>>
>>879327
evac pods are bugged, gives your ships turbo cancer and up their fuel consumption by a ton. my custom flagship, running 16 planes, 8 cruise missles, 6k km, full sensors and lots of fucking armour only eats 2k.
>>
>>879883
The nice thing about the game is that even though its bullshit, its treated with a very non fucking gay manner. Kinda like Homeworld, and some very nice tabletop games.

No fucking snowflake female admirals, ( some exceptions but you know what I mean, they look cool), it looks and sounds amazing, it even has music from a portuguese composer I know very well and it fits.

When you make a bullshit setting "believable", if that makes sense, it shines all the more bright.
>>
File: test6.jpg (1.32 MB, 1920x1080)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>879828
Cool ship I would still give armor on the sides there because there will always be a time a missile will fly past.

Just did this thing now, It looked cooler in my mind, but its unfinished. Guess Ill try a smaller capital ship.

It performs really well and eats large test on hard but still.
>>
>>879828
Burgers lost 2 fleet carriers in the Salomon Sea and Japs lost only 1 light carrier there lol.
>>
>>879732
I blame this on the fact that the combat is extremely fun anyway.
>>
>>880092

Yeah, I hate this kind of combat for a game like this and still I find it nice.

The dream would be a game like ultimate admiral dreadnoughts and this strategic layer.
>>
Do you even need to move your flagship to somewhere if you can just park it in the desert?
>>
>>880114
Well you gotta refuel it sometimes. And also you need to be moving north. But other than that, yes, you can keep your flagship/carriers/strategic/air defense ships in one place and have your interceptors clean out a region, secure a fuel depot somewhere north, and then move your main fleet there to refuel before moving it back somewhere in the desert further north to start the cycle again.

>>880092
It truly is. Once you get to Khiva and start getting tons of free ships you do get a few opportunities to enjoy the combat without worrying about repairs.
>>
>>880114
I dont think so. In fact you just wander the desert and have a fuel mule deliver fuel to it once in a while. As long as the rest of the fleet has good sensors.

You see the flagship alone wont do much at all. I see the flagship as a last resort ship so these days I remove expensive sensors from it and keep them on my aircraft carrier.

You can edit the file of your custom ships so it can be your flagship.
>>
this game is shit and sseth is a shill
>>
File: 1636752713983.gif (2.52 MB, 332x334)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB GIF
>>874633

>mfw the general calls me mark
>>
File: Squall.jpg (101 KB, 1367x769)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Putting a squall on a small ship is pretty fun
>>
>>879972
maybe it's that
>evac pods
implying I need losers as my soldiers

>>879883
Yes I know but still, the game has its own realism thing going on, so that's the reason why guns works like this in my head. of course I would like to shoot 370mm rounds at anything that moves
>>
>>880273
Yes, what's up with that?
I'm the motherfucking Duke SON of the EMPEROR of ARRAKIS Leto the II
>>
File: 1455618347948.gif (876 KB, 245x240)
876 KB
876 KB GIF
>>879828
>but part of me really likes BIG broadsides and two feet of belt armor.
>>
>>880004
you really need to go outside, son
>>
>>880331
I am serious. Game setting is cool. And the ui as well.
>>
>>874633
i might have underestimated the 57mm inc rounds it kills small ships faster with the continues burst of fire. Leaving one of them them burning to crash a can give you a 2v1 advantage when fighting a small ship fleet.
>>
why my planes don't fire guided rockets ffs?!
>>
>>880537
AAMs are only used against other aircraft and missiles
>>
How exactly does the repair system work? Sometimes the preview is missing components
>>
I don't get why in the campaign we can buy all sort of parts but we can't build a ship from scratch
>>
>>880615
This. The ability to make a blueprint and say "Build me one of these to the best of your ability with the parts available" would be great. Being able to scrap ships into their individual parts to make my frankencruisers would also be nice.
>>
>>880596
You can only rebuild with the parts that you or the shipworks of the city you are in have in stock. If e.g. a missile was blown off your ship and you have no spares it wont be repaired fully until you land in a city that has missiles in stock or you salvage one.
>>
>>880739
so the ideal circle would be
>conquer a rare module town
>buy repairs needed
>don't fix your ship there
>move to the next city with faster repairs

Damn this game is hard
>>
I can't understand a thing, what is the usefullness of the player's avantguarde strike force? I mean ok i see the guy in the radar why should i send faster (but weaker ships) to fight before my main when my main is slow but have every fucking cannon available on the market? Is for some strange playstyle where you dont want to risk weaker logi ships? I mean i could still put them on the latest order of combat and *still* fighting with my little ships and the big one. I mean i am missing something?
>>
>>880865
Ideally, you should have multiple attack squads and have your fleet conquering multiple cities.
Avantguarde strike force allows you to not only "scout", but also allow silent strikes, which are crucial for conquering Gerat without alarming every fucking one in a 10k km radius.
also, carrier ships are the best for scouting/destroying docked ships in cities
>>
>>880867
I see but honestly i am immensely lucky or i never had problems with the alarms.
At this point can i fit an heavy carrier with a lot of planes just for the purpose of striking from long range? Basically as carrier works irl?
(I never used carriers)
>>
>>880871
well, yes. but you will still raise the alarm with planes, unless you take them all out

missiles are good for strikes, too.
>>
>>880873
Well if i send a LOT of planes shouldnt i take them all out? How many should i carry on my carrier to garantee i can glass everything almost surely?
>>
>>880018
>Triple Armor Plated
>With Heavy 180mm guns and more Close range AA then a late WW2 USN ship
>Still faster then the Sevastapol
Seriously what is up with the Sevastapol. I ended up converting mine to a carrier/missle cruiser where it worked fine but man it was slow even for that role
>>
>>880874
Depends on the Garrison, some of those get pretty beefy later on, but 9 t7s would probably easily nuke most of everything before then, and have a good chance of sheking the bigger garrisons. But beware of Sprints so its not a bad idea to bombard them with cruise missiles before the jets to see if they have any, and if they do to force them to fire them off prematurely.
>>
>>880908
I think the dev did it on purpose to make people experiment changing the ships themselves.

My first "custom " ships were while playing the campaign changing the gladiator and an archangel.
>>
>>880865
If you use two strike groups of a lightning and a skylark you can clear half a dozen settlements before your main fleet even hits the first city. This gives you lots of safe territory to stage from when attacking enemy strike groups and carrier fleets as well as a lot of free stuff from the salvage. Skylarks also have elint so using strikegroups gives you a way to scout out and keep tabs on enemy locations without endangering your main fleet. It also lets you more easily grab trade fleets for lots of easy money.
>>
I want to try this game but i litterally dont want to die after 30 mins cause i fucked up my starting ships. What is a good friendly beginner setup for a first (blind) run?
>>
>>881034
There are checkpoints on the map that you restart from and every time a run ends your score is added to the starting funds of your next run. The game is designed with the expectation you will die.
That said my favorite start is lightning x2, skylark x2, longbow, fenek.
>>
File: test7.jpg (1.33 MB, 1920x1080)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>880908
Shit it gets worse anon for not much more consumption and even better manoeuvrability.
>>
>>881038
>checkpoints on the map
So i dont start every time at ur? Can i choose to not use those checkpoints and start from the beginning?
>>
>>881049
Once you get a one of the enemy fleet hq you can restart from there, also you get more and more money each time you die.

I think the game is meant to be played on hard with tons of cash, its hard as balls and you have your stupid custom ships.
>>
>>881051
But if i start on a far checkpoint i would have less money if i die again since i hadnt collected all the money i would have got from everything before the chekpoint right?
>>
>>881052
It's a cumulative score on your save slot that adds funds during fleet selection. You get all the money then you select your fleet then you start.
>>
>>881087
So if i have, lets say, 1000 in the beginning of the game, i spend 300, i die gaining 700 when i restart i will get 2000?
>>
File: 20211219141138_1.jpg (104 KB, 1536x864)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Can Perfection be improved anons?
>>
File: hpw5_jpg1j681_png.jpg (916 KB, 422x964)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
rate my ship
>>
>>881605
Freudian nightmare/10
>>
>>881605
These keyblades are getting out of hand
>>
File: 1620327177166.jpg (85 KB, 980x952)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>881605
That's a penis
>>
>>881604
this
I would really like to add and change my Lightning but it's so damn good
>>
>>881607
>>881612
lol u guys
>>
File: test8.jpg (1.22 MB, 1920x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>881604
>>
how do I intercept carrier fleets?
should I send planes and destroy them, or just send a lighting + skylark?
>>
>>880855
if your ship didnt get blown up in half you can just dock and repair there, just keep it short
>>
>>881723
do both, send bomb planes so they send AA planes out then run away, then send the lightning in after to smash, if they DO send attack planes just bring your bombers around and bomb them, use T7, you'll know whether or not they have AA by seeing if their planes chases your planes
>>
>>881604
put 130mm on this beauty
thank me later
>>
File: Crab.png (56 KB, 920x520)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>881604
IDK about perfect but these little shits carried me to Khiva.
>>
>>881694
You can move the bridge up since you want to protect the guns anyway.
>>
File: 1630191799699.jpg (103 KB, 1028x1029)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>80% of fleet destroyed
>reinforcements keep dying the next fight
>some half a dozen strike groups destroyed solely by my flagship
>desperately need repairs
>low on money
>low on morale
>"It's getting cold, Grand Duke."
>check failed
>"We will avenge our fallen and retake Khiva!"
>another check failed
>nothing but silence and hopeless stares

I wasn't expecting this.
>>
>>883627
Push that red button, Tarkhan.
>>
what is the point of evac pods anyway?
if you're losing a ship, a few crewmembers rescued wont matter much
>>
>>883865
It fucks morale really bad having no escape pods, you can git gud, and yeah after a couple of restarts its the same hit on moral but still
>>
>>883627
Just turn on the engines bro it will solve ALL your problems
>>
what the point in saving the opponents crew members besides decreasing your kindness
>>
>>884054
>It fucks morale really bad having no escape pods
How exactly?
Losing ship without escaped crew decreases morale?
>>
>>884901
The opportunity to shrek 25 of your own crew to save like 5 dudes
>>
>>873726
nice explaining, grand duke
>>
>>875860
how can you have the long aim pointer? mine is only the arrow and doesnt have the line extension
>>
>>885377
It's literally in the settings dude
>>
>>885084
Yes. Deaths overall really fuck up morale.
>>
File: 20211223044347_1.jpg (987 KB, 1920x1080)
987 KB
987 KB JPG
Did a cheap-ish light cruiser thingie after the first campaign that I can buy a pair of for a med-difficulty run at the start along with a skylark.

The two batteries of 4x57mm turrets made this ship utterly and completely immune to missiles of all kinds (except nuclear). Made the hull easy to retrofit as well.
>>
File: 1639490773135.gif (263 KB, 250x188)
263 KB
263 KB GIF
>get game on sale
>boot it up
>getting buttfucked even in the prologue
>die extremely quickly and take forever to kill enemies in combat
>no idea where i'm aiming half the time bc there is no cursor, just a tiny little arrow
>feels like ships instantly overheat
>eat every enemy shot while every single one of mine misses
>controls feel extremely clunky
i'm 100% new to this kind of game but is it meant to be this hard? I'm getting the shit kicked out of me before the tutorial is over. do you just eventually get used to things
>>
File: test9.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>886143
Not finished but I was trying to experiment with frigates as well. But more action heavy. Maybe some sensor along the way to detach them.

To chew little ships, not great against bigger capital ships but can surprise some from below.
>>
File: test11.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
Battlecruiser final version. Drinks a bit, but with some tankers its fine and eats strike groups.
>>
File: test10.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>886219

And to accompany it a carrier on the same chassis. I guess I could have a much less expensive carrier, or dedicated cruise missile boat but hey.

It can certainly defend itself.
>>
>>886193
>but is it meant to be this hard?
yes
>just eventually get used to things
yes
>>
>>886219
>>886224

Can somebody tell me when does fuel consumption does start to fuck you up?

Cause I am having too much fun just making ship and not playing the game.

I use both up until capturing an HQ and it feels alright. But maybe endgame and hard fucks me.
>>
>>886931
when you forget you have infinite fuel in editor
>>
>>887007
Right.

Asking for this type of fuel cons.

>>886219
>>886224

Using them in battle ingame seems fine, does not go down fast and can stay in a fight.

But the range req before starting a game are weird, sometimes you start near a city and in that case its fine you load up on fuel or enough to get to a cheaper fuel town.

When you start far away what are you supposed to do? Just hang around?
>>
>>886193
Two things
- combat gets significantly easier once you start understanding the shell velocities and gun rotation speeds, i.e. being able to hit mid-range moving targets
- think like an insurgent, because thats basically what you are. your ships are outnumbered several times over, so utilise hit&run attacks, defeat in detail, dont send your entire force to bear etc
>>
>>888263
also electronic warfare. the only way to win a fight in this game is to not have one at all, so learning how to use intel effectively is vary gud
>>
>>886193
Buy proxy ammo, and don't forget to set your ships to use it in the pre battle screen. Against unarmored ships (so nearly every garrison ships) they absolutely shred
>>
>>886193
things to learn during combat
>ammo boxes explode when destroyed
>destroying the cock pit will kill any ship
>if the ship catches on fire it will explode
>destroying bomb, missiles mounted on ships will explode
>collision damage will destroy anything
>destroying all the fuel canister will crash the ship
>>
Really what do you do if you start a new game and don't have fuel to reach the first town?
>>
>>889615
If Sevastopol is your only tanker you're playing the game wrong.
>>
>>889797
So you need to make dedicated tankers?
>>
>>889810
I bring at least two Skylarks each run. A Skylark, a Gladiator and a Lightning would be enough to conquer half the map on their own desu.
>>
>>889811
Actually I just found out the fuel allocation button.

Now I can use my custom ships if I start a run with no fuel to get to a town. Lets say I have two capital ships with fuel consumption around 2000t a little more than a sevastopol and a nomad vanilla.

Say like this
>>886219
>>886224
Similar.
>>
>>889820
>Actually I just found out the fuel allocation button.
Good lad. You should really read the manual though, the tutorial explains a very small fraction of the game's systems
>>
What is the best vanilla ship that can easily take some hits and shoot back but not slow as pregnant cow?
Gladiator or something similar in that price range (except Wanderer which is total shit)?
>>
>>890410
I like the archangel. Maybe with 37mm instead of 57. Or with full130mm
>>
>>890410
>(except Wanderer which is total shit)?
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
>>
>>873713
I designed a three by four brick that's basically just a flying CIWS, so yours ain't so bad.
>>
Are the Zenith missiles worth it on a big battlecruiser?
>>
holy shit I just MASSACRED a team of two SGs and I feel like GOD
>>
I suspect that in hard the SGs are more like difficulty 10 in the test from the shipkmaking.
>>
is the prophet route canon? it gives me strong Mud'Dib vibes
>>
File: cocker.png (8 KB, 63x63)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>891140
>a difficulty tweak
>>
Anyone beat it while telling the truth about the qoba? or w/e they're called
>>
>>891383
it's pronounced "qoda"
>>
Are call signs just random or there are some patterns?
Noticed that there is always strike group named Soyuz or Kavkaz and just now have seen transport Kestrel and missile carrier group named same Kestrel.
In other words, is it possible to see transmission from trade convoy, charge head on to rob it and suddenly find out it was a strike group transmission?
>>
>>880004
wow cool!
>>
Can you win the game with the pre built ships?

How do I get into building ships without being a complete retard and building ships that are like, "so it's got just an AA cannon."
>>
What Thrust/Weight number should I angle for lighter ships that are going to get involved in dust ups?
>>
This game is dumb because none of these airships would fly. I want accurate airship technology.
>>
>>891797
Zeppelin simulator when?

I wouldn't mind a car battle simulator where you just drive up gunned cars around.
>>
>>891797
>>891824
flight of the icarus
guns of icarus
those might fit if you're into that sort of aesthetic and have friends
>>
>>891797
i get that everyone has their own tastes and that's ok, but doesn't that make every game that isn't a perfect simulator "dumb"?
>>
>>891927
I think it's a good game i'm just being autistic
>>
>>875834
Well considering that >>875825 is only a measly 12.4k t while a fully loaded North Caroline is about 45.5k t, and it was made that big just so they could mount nine 406mm guns on it. And they didn't even have to get the thing flying. As someone who had been standing next to a 155mm firing and seen it hit something, that's still a really big fucking gun.
>>
>>891591
>Can you win the game with the pre built ships?
yes
use Gladiators
>>
>>891591
Yes. Lightnings, gladiators, skylark will be the backbone of your fleet. Feneks for missile defense too. If you can only beat the game with custom ships you are a brainlet and you do not understand the concepts of the strategic map.
>>
>get to khiva
>last sg on the map
>made a death clump of ships to kill last sg
>surprise sg has nukes
>eat 4 point blank nukes
>fleet reduce to a vokshod, nomad, negev, meteor x2, longbow, intrepid.
>against 4 ship strike fleet +1 missile friagate with no special shells
>nomad and negev barely managed to kill 1 ship due to heavy damage
>longbow kamikaze into a ship
>meteors swatted by proxies managed to kill missile frigate
>the intrepid killed two ships get swatted by the last ship still managed to expose the cockpit of the last
>vokshod managed to kill the last ship

600+ crew dead that was a quite the first victory run.
>>
how tf do I tackle cargo groups?
as soon as I get a message I try to triangulate the signal and reach the source signal
but then the enemy cargo fleet radios HQ and missiles starts fluing, it always end up with me desperatley flying back to the nearest town but my prize chip will always be destroyed by incoming missiles
>>
>>891945
Autism speaks, and it rarely has anything good to say.
But I understand. Some of my favorite things are autistically picking things apart. People think I hate those things, but I kinda love them for being ripe for disassembly.
>>
>>892738
That does not seem like autism. But I know how carelessly words are thrown around.

Its more about believability.

For example some hand wave anti grav shit, if well presented in a diesel punk way, and some regualr thrusters, would maybe fit better right?

In DOK those big land warships are " possible" since Kharark has Mars gravity. The rocket lift to push a 60k ton warship would be a end the world fire pillar.
>>
>>892826
To me, it just seems like another form of autism. You are playing a picture show made out of electrical energy.
Why does it matter if pressurized methane (which probably should backflow and cause an explosion under normal operation for 100+ hours) can lift a ship that weighs more than your (and my) mom?
>>
File: ring-of-red-03.png (689 KB, 750x500)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>892832
Oh it does not bother me at all, Its fucking cool.
Just saying I understand the sentiment.

One of my favorite kind of games are sort like highfleet and NEVER done. The obscure and now dead semi simulation games. Games that try to be believable but are also absolute bullshit like say mechwarrior.

I love when the subject matter is absolute fantasy but its treated with seriousness and simulation aspects if that makes sense.

We have been having some good indies in that way, like cold waters, the multiplayer silliness of war thunder etc. Have not played WT for a long time since my old pc died.
>>
>>892836
I quit WT for Enlisted. Plane on infantry combat is fun sometimes.
I do like simulationist shit, though.
>>
Give me a reason why I shouldn't sell all the armors, huge guns, and redundant sensors off from the flagship right away for more cash and speed. And put the radar on one of the fuel tank ships.
>>
>buy ship
>save
>reload game the next game
>ship is gone
what the fuck?!
>>
>>893500
So you could have a kino duel with Varyag in the end.
>>
>>892717
If the missiles are that quick to reach you, there's probably a missile group nearby. That's just unlucky. You could try finding and destroying them, or just moving to another area. But yeah, cargo ships will always raise the alarm unless your intercepting fleet is absurdly fast.
>>
>>893500
>not having your flagship have the biggest gun in your fleet
Have you no pride, Tarkhan?
>>
File: duke_tarkhan-padishan-IV.jpg (1.81 MB, 2000x2000)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>893504
Ok so I solved this one, basically if I move my fleet while a ship is repairing its engines leves your ship behind and basically gets deleted.
>>
The normal way of making flagships doesn't seem to work for me anymore...
did they change it from just adding m_flagship=true under the ship name entry?
also, playing on >easy but having a really great time with R-3N spam. Scout out fleets, nuke em while they're landed.
>>
>>895210
>playing on easy
We're just gonna add that to your list of war crimes.
>>
Since Active Radar can expose you to enemy scans, isn't it better just to use the passive radar?
>>
>>895570
The only guys with passive radar detection are strike groups IIRC, so if you're reasonably certain there aren't any SG's around you can feel confident firing it up to see what's around. Also stick active radar on your Mockingbirds and use them as radar pickets for your main strike force so that if a strike group does pick them up on passive they can be well away by the time the missiles are inbound. Active Radar is a powerful tool, just be smart about how you use it, play the intel game to get a grip on where the enemy is and isn't and you can pick up a lot of stuff with your radar.
>>
>>895570
Active radars let you find hidden cities for infinite moral regeneration and scout the normal cities so you won't get jumped by nearby trade convoys when you're about to raid a city. Just strip the free 10k radar off from Sevastopol and put it on skylark or any other fast support ship so you can fuck off when first missile/ plane horde starts moving in. And sector/limit your radar search so you'll only get spotted by 1 group's passive radar instead of everyone 1500 away from you.
>>
>>895597
>>895600
Can I just modify the Sevastapol's template so it doesn't have the big feck off dish on it? Or does that need to be done in game at a shipworks?
>>
So I took the weird three elint placement on the sevastapol off and the big radar, and put the elint on top.
Since I lose if my flagship goes down, I should just remove the evac pods too, right?
>>
>>895607
One ping only, Vasily
>>
>>895704
Now I want a post apocalyptic Highfleet\Cold Waters game where you control a submarine.

Actually highfleet reminded of an old anime ova, from the same creator of LOGH. Forget the name.

It was a post apocalyptic settings as well, but not mad max style, there was already small civilisation, and it was focused on ship to ship fighting like WW1 setting.

There were high tech almost invulnerable laser weapons in orbit that shot down anything going above a certain altitude left over from probably a futuristic nuclear war and everything reverted to Jutland type naval engagements.
>>
So, I'm retarded.
How much does regular ammo cost for guns?
>>
>>896448
It's free. Read the manual
>>
>>896458
I did read the manual, but apparently I didn't read well enough.
>>
>>895704
>It's Highfleet only it's also The Hunt For Red October for the NES
>>
File: HighFleet.jpg (13 KB, 225x168)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
You will not get me back in game. I'm done with Khiva, i'm done prowling the skies like a starving beast.
>>
File: PAIN.gif (2.31 MB, 498x378)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB GIF
My main destroyer broadcasted its position and fucked off until i put it down like a dog.
It was going to to take me to Khiva. MY BOY MY PRIDE
>>
I edited my Sevastapol but it won't let me set it as a flagship on my next run, whats up with that
>>
>>896607
Look how my boy massacred my boy.
>>
>>896672
Without mods, you have to unfuck Sevastapol in the middle of a run, and you can't save your design for another run.
>>
File: 20211230200922_1.jpg (1007 KB, 1920x1080)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
How do I make it look less ugly?
>>
>>897480
Triangles
>>
File: 1635220371493.jpg (284 KB, 749x574)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>897480
I see no ugly.
Litterally every ship i create in every game is a cube with shitton of weapons.
And happens here too.
>>
>>897480
Dont think about being practical , imagine the shape of a ship you like and try to optimize that.
>>
>>897484
With the latest patch to fuck things over, I think he really should be more lenient with triangles. Also bigger triangles, maybe allow the big armor slabs to be put diagonally.
>>
>>890498
the wanderer is totally weak, Tarkhan, unless radically modified
>>
File: R-3N Delivery Service.png (804 KB, 1768x887)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
Yes.... hahaha... YES!
>>
>>897561
Even the Death Star of David can be practical.
>>
If you are wondering why your clouds, shadows and UI look like shit with banding it's because you have the dithering option on. Turn it off it's a trick.
>>
>>897908
May the Almighty have mercy on your soul.
>>
File: 202.jpg (136 KB, 1366x768)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
There's no point adding armor to the bottom side if I always keep altitude low in battle
>>
>>898745
>You see Pyotr, when missile is near simply fire all guns in same direction for to make evasive maneuver.
>>
>>898745
Adding a bit of a buffer layer of reinforced hull on top of the guns should help beef up your durability.
>>
>>898745
>Hits the ground
BUOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>>
File: strategic.png (1.56 MB, 1920x1812)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
A few of my strategic-only ships + a design a stole
>>
>>899490
Did you just make a fucking zeppelin?
>>
>>899503
Yes:)
Minimized radar/ir sig + high speed for strike groups, I stick one of those (swamplark, cause it's like a crocodile skylark), with each of my lightnings off capping.
The Shortbow never sees combat, but it's a pretty efficient way of delivering T-7s. Arguably i could cut the weight down by shearing off the landing gear and maneuvering thrusters, but I like how they look.
Radarbox is my sensor ship so I can strip all the sensors off my flagship (since they get blown up instantly in combat/by cruises anyway), and the Fennec isn't my design, but its a super efficient picket ship with passive sensors and a plane for scouting.
>>
>>899513
Also, the most important question:
Do they all have soulful names or did you fuck the pooch?
>>
>>899517
The names are in the post anon, Swamplark, Shortbow, Radarbox and Fennec (which isn't mine)
>>
File: M8.png (86 KB, 191x183)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>899521
>radarbox
>early warning for my Speedshooter squadron
>>
>>899532
Come on anon, that'd never go with the speedshooters. They get PassiveIntBoxes, Radarbox stays with Flagship_Cruiser and Carrier_strategic
>>
File: brutejustice.jpg (984 KB, 1920x1080)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
I made this ship design for the sole purpose of carting a Squall Cannon into battle on a platform smaller than a capital ship. So far in practice it's done pretty well- it has the speed and operational time to fuck anything in its way, and about the only thing I have consistent problems with is that it's pretty bad at dodging missiles because it's so fucking big, but I don't want to add more mass by sticking on CWIS.

Any advice for optimizing it or improving it? The bottom angle is vulnerable but that's basically every ship ever.
>>
File: Lighthouse.png (340 KB, 1600x900)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
I'm honestly just probably going to post retarded designs.
I hope that's okay.
>>
>>899549
its cute but its useless
>>
>>899555
It only needs to be cute.
Half the fun of this game is making impractical shit.
>>
>>899549
Thick thighs nice.
>>
File: Intelligent Design.png (464 KB, 1024x661)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>899532
Fine. Since you complained, I've improved it. Meet the Intelligent Design
>>
>>899642
Stout PP supported by big balls, I approve, comrade.
>>
Worst and best stock ships?
>Worst
Yars, Wanderer, Longbow
>Best
Lightning, Gladiator
>>
File: 9324z6ty7lw71.png (468 KB, 640x871)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
then, I intercepted several cargo fleets stationary in a city, captured and sold them both;
on another occasion, I ambushed a cargo fleet with lightning and a skylark, and after capturing it another convoy arrived, I also captured this, but there is only one prize ship left.
WTF?
>>
>aiming is a pain in the ass because you don't even get a crosshair, just at best a 2 inches long line... but then you get precise aiming for bombing runs???
>fighting 3 v 1 is a pain in the ass, no matter how much you cope about it
>game actually makes me lean in and squint from how hard it is to see sometimes, the text and some ui elements are so fucking tiny, and yet I have the resolution this game was apparently designed for?? Does the dev have perfect eagle vision? Cause I don't.
>only was to see how well your ship is doing is to look at it's schematic view in the corner, but if you're flying a clumsy heavy brick you'll just be under fire constantly and all the effects will block that ship schematic ESPECIALLY so you're essentially blind and don't know if you're fine or getting destroyed
>sevastopol is fucking trash and a burden

Can't believe I got memed, this is just slavjank with pretty graphics and good audio
>>
>>899542
two 37mm guns can be effective for swatting missiles
>>
>>900044
Only thing better than two is four of the feckers.
>>899542
Armor up the bottom
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5DPnvFEdTI
>>
>>899975
get gud, scrub, the game was never meant to be easy
>>
>>899975
>not coming for the pain and staying for the pain
Young Tarkhan, I will fetch the training wheels for your bike.
>>
File: 212402.jpg (117 KB, 1366x768)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
I don't know there's a time limit.
>>
Is there any reason to power your support ships? Or fully crew them? It doesnt seem like it affects any noncombat stats, so can you get away with a single small generator and just the bridge for crew?
>>
>>900232
To be fair, there's a lot of time limits.
Fuel timer in battles
Time before grandma calls the gestapo on you.
Time before you run out of money between battles.
>>
>>900232
That's not really the time limit, that's just how long you have before all the strike fleets are at or near Khiva and you have to deal with them.
>>
>>900453
Good thing the game ends when you reach Khiva though. Just have to talk to that silly guy who looks like Gandhi
>>
>>899664
>Worst
Nomad, Archangel, Gepard
>Best
Lightning, Gladiator, Skylark (the holy trinity)
>>
i Hate the Sevastopol. is its only purpose to ruin my runs? perhaps
>>
>>900611
Just rip it apart at the first dockyard you find and turn it into a box with electronics and missiles/planes. It's absolutely loaded with goodies to sell for cash if you're never going to make it fight anyways.
>>
>>900611
It's a deliberate choice on the part of the dev that she be a gas guzzling slow shitbrick. I did a run with a fast sort of escort carrier as my flagship and broke the game in that I was able to fly away from anything that wasn't a missile or aircraft before it was able to engage me while slapping it with my own guided missiles and aircraft. The Sevastopol is a relic from Jutland in the carrier age, and an intentional strategic weakness.
>>
>>900611
It's purpose so you are forced use the shipwork to unfuck your flagship to your playstyle. Want to make it to a battleship? Take the sensors and missiles off and cover the holes with armor. Want to make it to a tanker? Take off the armor, guns, ammo and generator. The excess sensors/guns/armor will give you more starting money.
>>
Buy parts, store parts, pay full price to equip parts from owned inventory.
Is this a balance thing?
>>
>>900717
The shipwork only tracks the price of the shit you put on the ship, whether it's from the shop or your own stash, you don't pay anything if you have all the modules on your inventory.
>>
guys is it okay to have like a 126 hrs repair time?
I'm in a hidden city
>>
>>900772
Yes hidden city doesnt call in strike fleets
>>
>>900774
thanks
but I also mean, isn't that too long considering what this anon said
>>900453
?
>>
>>900775
Strike fleets move slowly, land to refuel, respond to your sightings, etc. You have way more than that amount of time avaliable.
>>
>>900780
thanks fellow Tarkhan
>>
>>900772
If you have other ships to strike cities for you, yes. Just land, repair until the city gets dangerous, then move on to another city and continue the repair there, repeat until the ship is fully fixed.
>>
>>900711
But what I want is all my starting money in the form of my own already efficient carriers.
>>900691
>>900662
This is what I've been doing but I end up with 200k cash floating around and despite hitting a bunch of merc sites I rarely get ships worth keeping.
>>
>>900711
I thought the excess sensors were for redundancy when it takes a missile strike or battle damage.
>>
>>900912
They're always the first thing to die in any missile strike
>>
almost bought this in the steam sale until i noticed it doesn't have achievements.. wtf it's 2022
>>
do we have tier list on gun calibers. im pretty sure the 130mm is the best due to ammo cost and availability of special ammo types. while the 37mm is a defensive caliber that can destroy missiles and even higher caliber shells.
>>
>>898745
>game is about airships
>make a fucking tank
>it works fantastically
always found this funny
>>
>>901115
I like 57mm more for defense now. 20mm has the best burst but takes too long to reload. 57 does decent scratch damage and loads fast
>>
>>901115
I haven't used all of them enough to say for sure, the 57mm seems okay but as an all rounder isn't good at everything, its rate and density of fire just isn't enough to reliably intercept missiles. The 180mms that aren't the Six-Shooter just don't have the rate of fire to be worth not enough extra damage unless you have big batteries of them, and the rocket launcher is a meme, it takes so much fucking ammo for a weapon that, while it hits quite hard, is a pain in the balls to hit anything that isn't big with because it has to accelerate rather than coming out fast.

The 130mm imo has the best balance of stats, followed closely by the 100mm. The 37mm I just use to rip apart missiles, though a few good bursts do chew through hulls quite nicely.
>>
>>901145
i also fell in love with the 57mm calibers. when you amass 57mm and traded gun fire with a large caliber the 57mm will shred the higher caliber while doing decent damage.
>>
Just by putting incendiary ammo on your 57mm gunss and you can call forth God's own cleansing fire. Watch as they helplessly burning through their FSSs while their ships dropping like a rock from overheating engines.
>>
>>901184
'shred the higher caliber'
What do you mean by this?
>>
>enemy launches a missile
>a different enemy fucking no scopes it with a fatass cannon round
What a baller.
>>
>96% sudden strike in two city
>twice alarm rings
>7 hours refuel
>4 missile attacks
>2 planes
This was not even at half map.
Game is shit. It has more rng than xcom. They should have put an automatic game over every time the alarm sounds, you cant do shit to avoid it.
>>
Does the strike groups respawn? Can i go full warfare and try to decimate them for a calm run or they just keep spawning? I know i can avoid carriers and missile batteries.
>>
>>901412
>Not just surviving the enemy attack on you and recovering
I understand you are not Russian, and you cannot help being weak, but you do not even want to be strong!
>>
File: sticc.jpg (98 KB, 1366x768)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I love lightning, but it's not cheap enough for me, and 600+km/h is just overkill since you can have 99% sudden strike at 300km/h on nighttime. Sure, I have to bring proximity fuse to snipe on every encounter and keep my distance since getting close to any ship is death sentence, but this shit is so cheap, I can have 6+ of this thing at the start to sweep the map on nighttime
>>
>>901545
XCOM first UFO looking headass
>>
Are dedicated CIWS ships worth it? I mean, I know they're useless if nuclear war is declared since it doesn't matter if a nuke with a radius of two screens minimum goes off at the far end of the screen or at ground zero...but a fly swatter with four thirty sevens is a good idea in case you get spotted in the range of a carrier group, right?
>>
>>901426
IIRC nothing respawns so you could in theory clear the map before going to Khiva.
>>
>>901690
So the rebels can't even buy reinforcements?
Seems a little weird, for a group that could somehow get close enough to nuke the capital.
>>
>>901294
You can shoot down shells
>>
>>901184
A big mass of 37mm work even better. Honestly the best secondary for a big ship.

The mid sized ones yeah 57 and 130 to rock smaller ships.

100m however gets so much armor piercing that makes them almost standard.
>>
>>901723
37mm can't shoot down shells as often, even though it's better when it bursts.
>>
>>901675
R9 sprint missiles or higher caliber guns with Proximity Fuze ammo is better for anti aircraft and missile purpose.
>>
>>901999
To be honest I find that while AA missiles are effective you burn through them too quickly and I don't find enough of them sold frequently enough to use them and them alone, especially since a missile intercept can take up to three sprints depending on how much the game feels like assfucking you.
>>901675
I find that a much more effective AA defense is frankly having a bunch of carriers with supersonic jets with AA missiles, the plane missiles are much easier to find and stock up on even if the planes themselves are rare.
>>
>>901692
If I understand correctly, the ships you are fighting is only a fraction of their duke-raping capabilities as the bulk were sent towards your capital.
>>
Is there any way to copy and paste parts in the shipworks? Say place the same hull part over and over. Couldn't find anything in the manual but getting a bit tired of having to click in the expanding menu every time I want to place a part.
>>
>>902144
HOld shift to place more of the same.
>>
>>902154
Thanks anon, could've sworn I tried it. Saved me a lot of headache.
>>
File: Dream_Man.jpg (31 KB, 342x418)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>901412
Ship profile plays a part but i don't know how that works. Small ships strike easier, even gladiator sizes has less chances even though they're fast enough.
There is something i do know: something was done to influence silent strikes in patch 1.13 and they have been acting like you describe ever since. Assuming you're not making any basic mistakes.
Individual ship sizes, strike group overall radar profile, hidden alertness meters, proximity or time based. What would have been tweaked?
>>
>>901692
The bulk of the fleet is very south fucking with the main defence and happily nuking. You and the rebels are a splice of both your armies (in the beginning you whine about being sent in those fuckoff territories as a punishment).
>>
>>902492
You'd think they'd have a fuck ton of technicals and AA guns just watching Khiva, though.
>>
I'd play the game but my cursor keeps disappearing.
>>
Remember to hoard and use Proximity Fuze ammo to solve majority of your problems: missiles, planes, and any ships that's not part of strike group. Incinediary and Armor piercing are uselesss if those can't hit your target, and laser guided ammo cost so much money, it's cheaper to just buy kh15 and bombs for airstrike instead.
>>
>>903480
is just having a giant box with 15 20mm guns still the top strat?
>>
This game has been fucking consuming my life. It’s rare that I play a strategy game to the point where I am able to beat it and still feel like I barely understand the core concepts. I’m just now finally starting to grasp proactive use of aircraft carriers and cheap scouts, and becoming more and more economic with gameplay and ship design is its own reward. It’s like the goal now is to make my own perfect strike fleet.
>>
>>879732
To be fair, deft use of gameplay mechanics beyond faster ships for effective sudden strikes is literally never discussed in the game. So learning the ins and outs of effectively using radar, aircraft carriers, etc. is up to you to just figure out. The game presents radar, ELINT etc. as just being tools to let you know when you’re about to get fucked, not how to actively use them to identify targets, or how to respond to them once you have identified them. It’s an extremely deep game but genuinely unless you’re pretty sharp it will go over your head. I know it flew over mine.
>>
>>903663
To be fair, the best games teach you the basics and trust you to either use the basics well, or to lego block the basics into the advanced.
>>
>>903747
To be fair, this game doesn't teach even the basic of some features like carriers on the tutorial prologue.
>>
>>903747
This game aint explain shit in the tutorial, if you have to open a wiki more than 3 times in a singleplayer game is bad.
>>
>>903650
The thing that changed the way I play was finding out you could bait the AI into following tiny cubes of fuel and a radar jammer while your actual fleet sat in a hidden city on the other side of the map and sent scouts to go find another safe harbor. The game turned into some kind of fleet command shit where I rarely engaged anything in manly combat that wasn't a garrison or a merchant.
>>
>love the game and its aesthetics and everything
>feel intimidated to it by the point i don't play it ever
>end up playing another strategy game slay the spire instead
rip

>>903811
>he didn't read the manual
>>
File: Velite.png (3.8 MB, 2662x1386)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB PNG
This is my first custom ship I made to look vaguely aesthetic while still having some function. I really want to build more carrier-looking ships, the appearance of the Sevastapol is just awesome to me. I wish it were easier to lift up parts in elevation, I'll sometimes make some good-looking ships that end up being totally useless because they aren't shaped correctly.
>>
>>881045
That is fucking beautiful
>>
>>903747
That's the problem though, the basics you are shown lead you to believe the radar etc. is a function to help you with sudden strikes, there is never even a discussion on anti-radiation ships, using nukes, etc. You mentioned in a later post about the manual, I didn't even know there IS a manual. That's one of the most annoying things about games being downloaded today, imo. I used to love spending 30 minutes on the shitter reading through the manual before playing the game for the first time, I bet the manual for this game is a good read.
>>
>>904102
Just google it and read it.

https://cdn dot cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1434950/manuals/HighFleetManual.pdf?t=1627748221
>>
File: test11.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>904095
It think my battlecruiser are more meh in the newest patch, dont know i have yet to buy the game.

Guns cant elevate above big fuel pods..

I will have to make a new one with different guns setup, and less triangle armor or else its to expensive or heavy.

KK has been having some weird ideas. I appreciate balance. But come on.

its fun going around with this ship, lands well, does not care if it encounters strike groups.

I really think this game would work better if the battles were longer and more tactical, but that would require a different altogether game like ultimate admiral.
>>
>>904188
Does armour work if its facing the wrong way? Why not put the radar on the bottom and get full use from the elint on top?

In the last previous thread there was some mention of features that got cut from the game due to time restrains, anyone care to elaborate about those items?
>>
Does my crew still get butthurt if I nuke an enemy SG that's flying in the middle of the desert rather than landed in a city?
>>
File: test10.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>904236
Sensors are just for cool or if detached from a group. Yes they work underneath as well.

Yeah armour works both ways I think so, nothing really lives that long i have yet to figure it out.

My main carrier\mix strategic missile\ battleship already has the sensors needed.
>>
what should I do with nuclear missiles? sell them?
>>
>>904382
You could do that.
Or
You could use them
Nuclear war is inevitable anyways
>>
>>904382
keep them or use them, only sell them if you have no other option to make money
>>
Recruiting all tarkhans seems totally fucking impossible. Even with a guide it's difficult to know exactly how they'll respond to your speeches, and it's doubly difficult to recruit everyone if you include that final fag with his capital ship, since you have to dial in so hard on faith. There's like two tarkhans that give a shit about religion.
>>
>>904487
Grab all tarkhan gifts after raiding towns instead of that 3000+ gold gun modules.
>>
File: battlebrick.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Ok, I will take shipbuilding seriously, I need a main battleship.
>battlebrick
Goddamn it
>>
>>904624
All 180mm weapons feels shit to use because of the reload speed and the special ammos expensive, but if you can reliably hit shit with it, go nuts. You might want to tonne down the fuel though for more speed and rely on tanker ship to move around, about 300sec combat time is enough and you want to givs the AI smaller target when they tried to fuck your shit up with AP rounds.
And try to test land your ship first.
>>
>>904641
I'm happy with my shooting skills, technically it can kill the Varg w/e it was called. It can land, didn't see the landing gear turning red. You're right about the fuel. Its also horribly over budget, needs to be under 100k.
>>
>>904382
If the ship that's carrying them dies you lose anyway, so sell them only in emergency.
>>
>>904624
Start with a shape you want anon. Front and back. Then optimize. I am glad lego formatted my brain for games like this.
>>
>>904624
Just build what you want to build. Unless you're playing on hard, the game is hardly so brutal to demand you play 199% efficient.
>>
File: Glass Cannon.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
So... umm, what does FCS actually do? I assume its needed for cruise missiles.
>>
>>905401
It's not for cruise missiles. It can be used to guide a100s within its range, the fcs does not need to be on the a100 ship for this to work.

It's mostly for sprint anti air missiles. For these it must be on the ship firing the sprints.

Lastly it also works as a radar.
>>
>>905415
kh-15 are cruise? What should a100's be called? That is to say a100's will not hit anything without FCS?
>>
>>904624
>landing gear
I don't usually place them on interceptor ships, do they burn fuel while I'm in a city?
anyway, your ship basically is a Kormoran/Negev with more fuel consuption and bigger guns
>>
>>905421
A100s are tactical missiles, they're very fast and hard to intercept, but have a very limited range and require radar guidance within that range, while Kh-15s have a very long range and, you may have noticed, have anti-radiation variants that home in on radar emisssions.
>>
>>905482
Yeah... Never had the close range chance to use a100s. So I guess any owned ship's radar must be on to guide them.
>>
>>905503
Using a100s basically means that you're getting into a missile slugfest because anything you'd fire them at, is going to be firing shit at you. Just generally not worth the cost of resources imo compared to the much more flexible and reusable aircraft except for endgame maybe where you can sling nuclear a100s around.
>>
>>905541
Aircraft can be a little weird depending on what I equip them with. I give them unguided bombs and they're Project Wingman tier gods dropping bombs on airships mid-flight, but whenever I give them rockets they start their run too early and never correct to hit the target.
>>
I have not yet been able to understand if in the intercepted radio messages, the first name is the sender or the recipient
>>
File: Fireball.jpg (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
I kinda dislike how pragmatic I am.
Think this design needs anything else? Shouldn't ever have to land.
>>
File: just fine.jpg (864 KB, 1920x1080)
864 KB
864 KB JPG
>>905690
Actually... minor damage but no loses.
>>
>>905690
Looks light enough to bellyland,but unless that ship will constantly stick with your flagship, you'll want to either slap some more thruster to keep up with your sweeper squad, or slow down your skylark/tanker ships to not fuck up the fuel efficiency
>>
File: Mushroom Man.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
My Wanderer/Archangel variant. The heavy battleship Mushroom Man. It does barrel rolls, can barely dodge missiles if I am paying attention, tons of armour, generous firepower, outclassed speed. However some issues include a lack of cruising range and small supply of fire suppressant.

Let me know what you think.
>>
>>905825
Can you reliably land that? Umbrella shaped ships with landing chassis on the middle tend to sway left/right after touching the ground and fuck up heavier ship's parts
>>
>>905825
Consumes way too much for the puny firepower it has.
>>
>>905955
Not gonna lie, she swings wildly. The excessive top maneuvering thrusters make the ship landing very unstable. I can land it, but the difficulty is up there and thats in mint condition. If it were missing some thrusters on one side...
>>
File: snug and smug.jpg (895 KB, 1920x1080)
895 KB
895 KB JPG
>>905955
>>906421
After some more testing I don't take back what I said but its actually pretty easy, its important to not let the swing get out of control which is important to any ship landing.

>>906418
It has plenty of firepower
3x 130mm
4x 57mm
Show me something in its price range with more firepower and less consumption. I'm considering removing some of the lower armour.
>>
>>906440
this prototype frigate i made couple weeks ago here >>886196

granted in the newest patch it might be slightly heavier but there is fat to cut there.
>>
>>906444
Ok I see a big different in design philosophy. Notable in maneuverability. Your prototype has tremendous upwards thrust/efficiency. Its going to be a sitting duck not unlike the Nomad. My MM can dodge almost all flak at long range and most flak at medium range.

On a side note about your ship, I think the bridge way too exposed and the ammo as well is a bit too close to edge though I'm not sure much can be done about that.
>>
>>906456

Its faster than you expect. This one >>876686
is ever more mobile and eats smaller ships.
>>
File: Snubnose.png (1.13 MB, 1920x1080)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
posting my big fuck you ship that i soloed the campaign with when the game came out
>>
File: revisions.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>906486
I like the way you ships look if nothing else.
>>
File: test15.jpg (1.27 MB, 1920x1080)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>906516
Thanks. I have more shit but haven't had the time to make more.

Spent more time on the ship building than playing desu.

You better believe that 130mm beast eats smaller ships alive, its nimble and has enough AA to fuck missiles.

Also in campaign if you want to ruin a bigger more scary ship just run to it fire all missiles.
>>
File: 1641584758748.jpg (1.21 MB, 1920x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>906440
Consider replacing this parts with normal hull and no armor, since enemy shots from the top side has to go through your outer armor and reinforced hull, and if enemies shoots you on bottom, you're fucked anyway.
>>
File: Hindenburg.jpg (1.22 MB, 1920x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>906601
I have been thinking the same thing, perhaps I could throw some more palash in there instead.

I not sure how I feel about heavy tanker philosophy vs light tanker. Skylark is already pretty good and I guess I'll have to design my own anyway.
>>
File: Mushroom Man v3.jpg (1.27 MB, 1920x1080)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
I'm pretty happy with it, it can take down the Varyag 3vs1 about 50% of the time. Only ever played on v1.14, wonder how things might change for you if you updated.
>>
Why can't the Flagship literally be anything I want?
If it dies, I lose, so it doesn't matter whether it's the tanker/nerve center of my fleet or the ship at the front of the swarm.
>>
File: cold hard efficiency.jpg (849 KB, 1920x1080)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
Improved souless skylark needs no legs.

>>906725
Whats stopping you?
>>
File: Fuel tankers.jpg (959 KB, 1907x842)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
Dirt cheap options, not sure if they're what I need/want but it'll have to do.
>>
Two Strike Groups this size back to back. Help.
>>
>>906807
time for nukes
>>
>>905825
that boi consumes a lot of fuel
also it doesn't seem that strong, firepowerwise
>>
File: 1627805511_highfleet.png (114 KB, 543x392)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>906807
>*hurdy-gurdy music intensifies*

Send your little shits in first and try to set the Kormoran on fire, IIRC they go up pretty easily just don't get shot.
>>
>>906807
>>
>>906787
I like that the one on the right is big titty carrier.
Those are scary strips to land on, though.
>>
>>906870
those ship won't land anon, it's not a "landing peg" , those are radars
>>
>>906821
I always engage strike groups if I find them, just for the music.
>>
>>906824
>war crime
Isn't it only a war crime if we lose?
>>
File: NomadRefit.png (3.77 MB, 1638x913)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
>>906877
>>906824
>>906821
>>906812
It's a shame because I lost my best ship to fight these to a shit ton of missiles while it was trying to repair.
>>
So, I'm retarded. But when I hear 'thermal signature detected' what does (literally anything) look like on the IR?

I circled the thing around completely and nothing shows up at all.
>>
>>906912
a spike, from the direction from which the signal is coming
>>
>>906881
>14% evac pods
Do you not care for your men, Tarkhan?
>>
>>906939
If my men are going down, I'm riding with them.
>>
File: Blackout.jpg (1.24 MB, 1920x1080)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
Its really hard to improve perfection.
>>
File: 202201.jpg (113 KB, 1366x768)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>906912
>heavy tanker philosophy vs light tanker
It's basically refueling on every nearby city vs refueling only on fuel depots like sevastapol. Personally I just modify skylark's design and tune the engines so it doesn't have to slow down when dragging my sweeper squad. Tried replacing the sensors with flight deck to make mini carriers, went pretty well with me bombing shit on daytime while my sweepers recovering morale to strike at night, but no sensor means I always get jumped by incoming trade convoys when resting, so I scrapped that idea and just buy a longbow/wasp mid-campaign instead.
>>
>>906488
Better than the sevastopol in every way except consumption, and even then it's so worth it for what you get.

Sev really is a garbage ship.

That being said I'm pretty sure the latest patch kills this monstrosity.
>>
File: Sevastapol.png (1.1 MB, 1600x900)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
Why don't they have other ships named for Russian hellholes?
>>
What do I need to do to a ship in order for it to be classified as a flagship?
>>
>>907325
Change a flag in the game files.
No, you can't make a legit ship in the ship designer a flagship. The Sevastopol is the main character ship, you can fuck with it but you can't replace it.
>>
>>907310
Sevastopol is alright anon, in fact alongside st pertersburg its very European and beautiful.

But well yeah, I already named some as vladivostok etc.

Although my favourite is naming over orthodox eastern roman Empire shit.

Like my battlecruiser, Nikomedeia, carrier Byzantion etc.
>>
>>907325
Use notepad ++

Its such a nice program, useful for tons of games. Find the tag m_playable=true and if you see on the sevastopol it has a tag named m_flagship=true.

Add this line and you can use it as a flagship.
>>
File: 9005901.jpg (293 KB, 1366x768)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
I like souvenirs.
>>
>>906879
>Isn't it only a war crime if we lose?
We do that a lot here
>>
What is the best way to use planes? First when i see this game i saw the carriers and i was "cool i can do a carrier fleet and send storms of planes killing and exploding shit" but so far i didnt get great results with those.
I know the game is "use the big hunks" but i really want to use my planes the most of the times, on the maximum possibile.
>>
>>907916
Planes are a strategic asset, used mostly for shooting down enemy planes/missiles and dropping pain on things you don't like. Not for combat.
>>
>>908009
>dropping pain on things you don't like
Im ok with that but how, they get shredded by aa usually. Also you cant use them at all against other ships?
>>
File: Vanguard.jpg (1.24 MB, 1920x1080)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>908039
Try, post results.
>>
File: test17.jpg (1.31 MB, 1920x1080)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
So I went to my big stupid battleship and started cutting down weight and some weapons, sadly I love the 37 mm but hey. Optimized to full, no hull holes here.

Its a design that I think will still face fuck shit in the newest patch.
From 60k tons to 43 while still having nice weaponry and mobility.

Can still do hard test no problem but will take more missiles so using those boosters to hang on the left and use that frontal armor is key.
>>
>>907916
Use a shit ton of bombs, don't attack fleets that aren't landed or slow because smaller ships are too maneuverable to reliably hit. Try to save jets for intercepting missiles or other planes, it's what they're best at and even though they are better at strike missions, being faster and able to carry more ordinance, they're expensive and rare enough to be worth not being bomb trucks. Don't be afraid to lose planes, though, if they're going to be hitting mean shit like strike groups.
The actual problem with using planes isn't that they aren't effective, it's that when you use them you don't get any loot from salvage, which means that you're in a bad economic situation relatively quickly. Your fleet is sustained with money, and planes don't get you money.
>>
>>907859
We explode when we die, though, so I mean...we can't be tried with war crimes if we lose.
>>
>>908084
I love them just for scouting and missiles defence yes.
>>
>>908069
Do you actually play campaign with this thing and sevs or do you rename it as a flagship in game files? It must be expensive to repair no? And money it eats to move.
>>
>>908093
Yes. It works just fine as either an auxiliary ship once you have more money in a starting run or as a flagship, the fuel consumption is not much higher than the sev, it lands fine, it destroys everything.

The thing is anon KK for some reason made most vanilla ships quite handicapped. Maybe it is to incentivize customization mid campaign.

This ship is not crazy at all, you shoudl see some ships in discord.
>>
File: 20220108224458_1.jpg (1007 KB, 1920x1080)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
>>907600
>>907750
Thanks fellow Tarkhans, done and done. I'm pretty confident this thing could take on the Varyag easily after the modifications I've made, but does anything look off at first glance beyond it being fucking ugly?
>>908069
>that much armour in front
Holy SHIT
>>
>>908101
Trust me you need that armor to handle a strike group. You can shoot down some shells with 37mm sure, but palosh is not 100% safe.

I use a tactic of staying far from big ships and going up and down while shooting long range 180s.
>>
>>908093
No really expensive forgot to say, if you remove the sensors, which have palash.

Its usually just replacing armor slabs. Not expensive at all.
>>
>>908101
Are those palash or flares in the top sides?

>>908109
I can't see them, I was thinking you could mount the radar on the underside but I think you're going for a type of aesthetic.
>>
>>908101
You could probably make it less of a giant flying lego piece if you round off some of the armor edges, like the ones on top- it might save you a little weight, even.
How does it fly? It already seems to have a lot of maneuvering thrusters, so I'm wondering if the lower outer small engines might be converted to d-30S for thrust efficiency.
Besides that everything seems pretty well protected enough save for the ammunition on the bottom corners, though with the armor nubs on the flanks those probably aren't that vulnerable anyways.
>>
>>908116
The palash is exactly beneath the radar, since its expensive even the smaller one. And there is also one palash in the middle of the missiles.

The missiles are only for FUCK, situations where you get surrounded or back attacks.

Honestly there are much cheaper ways to get full sensors, usually carry them on my custom carrier. But it was for aesthetics yes. Useful if you are detached from your group however. 500km normal radar range is decent.
>>
File: Battleblock Mk2.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>904624
My second attempt at making a box style ship is worse than the first. With high airspace combat in mind. When the ammo gets hit this thing goes off like a nuke.
>>
File: Blackout MK2.jpg (1.24 MB, 1920x1080)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>882464
>>881604
>>906974
>>
>>908155
Nice pocket gladiator.

The more time passes the more I just use gladiators and archangels. its fun going fast and blacking out but its gets tiring.
>>
>>908116
Palashes, it can reliably dodge missiles if you time your afterburners right. I have made a version with flares, though.
>>908117
>round off some of the armor edges, it might save you a little weight, even
Good idea, I'll try it!
>How does it fly?
It's surprisingly nimble for its size, fast and responsive. It can dodge fire as well as it can tank it, and put a good amount downrange too.
>d-30S
I'll try that out, though I did want to give it as much control authority as possible and wanted to give the most leverage possible to those outer engines.
>>
I need to break the sound barrier in a ship.
The more I work towards it the less plausible it seems but I still need to do it. The target speed is 1235 kilometers per hour. I know it CAN be done, but I want to make a ship that's still has some utility besides sending a thousands of tons vehicle at an absurd speed.
Though what would help is knowing exactly how the thrusters work. Is hitting the WEP button giving you your max speed, or a multiplier? If it is a multiplier, than my technical requirements might not be too bad.
>>
File: 20220108134741_1.jpg (560 KB, 1920x1080)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>908183
Nix the WEP question, I remembered there's a speed readout in-game.
The answer seems to be around twice the speed on the ship stats summary, judging from the maximum speed of my current test bed.
So breaking the sound barrier at emergency speed is hardly an achievement. I will need to go supersonic at cruise speed.
>>
What does the antenna do? Does it serve any purpose at all?

>>908196
Check the weight of parts, some are not equal, ex 1x1 weight less then 1x2.
>>
>>908204
Antenna let you do radio shit. That's it, basically, far as I know.
>Check the weight of parts
Indeed, going light makes it simple.
Though now that the milestones are easier my aspirations grow.
>>
File: Sentinel.jpg (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>908223
To be clear take picrel for example. There are no 1x2 hull in it only 1x1 because two 1x1 weight less than one 1x2. You'd think half angle parts would weight less but they don't.

Is there any way to make this thing better? I feel it costs too much, consumption too high, too slow.

Also I've never used jammers before. I don't think I've seen them for sale in the campaign or the squall either.
>>
>>908261
The shape and weight is going to be the tricky part making something suitable for campaign, yes, though I've figured out that the thrust per weight ratio to aim for is 13.8. The only trouble is that the more function the ship has, by necessity, the heavier it gets and the more difficult it is to reach 13.8. Sure, I could stick thrusters on a Lightning and call it a day, but I want it all.
"All" being a range of at least 1500 kilometers and two guns and the ability to land, even though chassis parts add a lot of weight.
>Also I've never used jammers before. I don't think I've seen them for sale in the campaign or the squall either.
They aren't actually marked as jammers, I have no idea why. They don't have a name for whatever reason, but they're the 2x1 pill things in the Sensors section.
Their utility is limited. If you know you're about to be shot at with radar guided missiles, you can hit the jammers and the missiles won't be able to follow you, but they will track to your last known location so if you're too slow or don't hit the jammers in time you'll still get hit. If the enemy is launching anti-radiation missiles at you they'll just seek out the jammers anyways (or the radar if you have it on for God knows what reason).
>>
File: Sentinel Mk2.jpg (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>908261
RD-51's can't be beat, for about the same price.

>>908267
I can see them in shipworks, can't say I've seen them in campaign.
>>
I'd really like if there were a way to test missile interception in the shipworks menu.
>>
Having tried the Three Lightning Meme, would it be a better idea to make a version of the lightning with a bigger fuel supply?
>>
File: clip.jpg (72 KB, 500x509)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>Limp into Khiva with the burning remains of the Sevastapol and returning Nomad after having the rest of my fleet deleted by a nearby strike fleet
>Mfw all the tarkhans activate as nuclear war is declared
this is a good game
>>
>>908314
You did save those nuclear missiles
Right
Because being in a nuclear war with no nukes isn't ideal
>>
>>908324
Wouldn't it be more important to stock up on countermeasures to defeat nuclear missiles?
>>
File: Mushroom Man v4.jpg (1.16 MB, 1920x1080)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>908314
When I first gotgud at this game stopped losing, I cleared all cities before taking Khiva. Aside from the new spawns there wasn't much to kill I had like 40-50 ships.

Nerf planes.

I think I've pushed MM as far as I can.
>>
>>908351
>no evac pods
Tarkhan, think of your men.
>>
>>908357
Have no functional purpose.
I won't be weighted down by loser equipment that only opens up weak points in the hull.
>>
>>908347
The countermeasures for nukes are the same as for normal missiles, so if you weren't stocked already then the fact that the missiles are nuclear now are the least of your worries.
>close in aa
lol no

>>908357
Part of the Crew Part of the Ship
>>
>>908358
My romani are not losers anon take that back. I at least go 50% pods always.
>>
>>908361
What are the countermeasures for missiles that aren't CIWS?
>>
>>908365
Detach lightening and play dodge the missile. Or planes with AA.
>>
>mfw your interceptor is so cheap that the game puts you into captured cargo ship when doing missile/plane defense
>lose control of it when your interceptor gets destroyed by said missile
Fuck you too game.
>>
>>908367
Supersonic jets (T-7s) can carry AA missiles, and when deployed in pairs are quite effective at missile interception. More importantly, if they fuck up and don't destroy the missile, you get more chances to try again. If your close in air defense fucks up, you get smacked in the ribs.

In addition, if you shoot down a nuclear missile with your fleet's close in anti air, it's still a nuke, and though it doesn't hurt as much as a direct hit your ships will still get fucked up.
>>
File: 12x palash.jpg (395 KB, 1366x768)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
What the fuck, it drops about 10x stacks of equipment each.
>>
>>908539
What did you kill?

Is it normal for the game to use 5gbs of ram? There must be some way to add custom ships merc cities and tarkan selection.
>>
>>908518
Does the blast from killing a nuke with planes kill the planes aswell?
>>
>>908548
Just trade convoy that's landing in the city, nothing special.
>>
File: 20220109135828_1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
I almost got through to the end of a maxed difficulty testfight against everything possible with this.

Should I just abandon going higher than 1 layer of armor for the bottom and max out everywhere else? Maybe drop the missiles to cut down on cost as well, can add those later anyway.
>>
>>908704
Nice ship anon I like it, very vanilla lore wise. I really need to buy the game because my battleship up there >>908069
I dont know how if I can just stick another 180mm and not have the fuel pods fuck your aiming.
>>
File: test20.jpg (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>908069
Okay here is the ship in the recent patch, its slightly slower and more expensive.

But it still performs very well.

I guess Ill make a new battleship in this kidna of patch, kind shit guns cant elevate above fuel pods fucks sake.
>>
File: triangle.jpg (163 KB, 1280x720)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
The dev hates triangles so I'll just make triangle ship out of boxes instead
>>
>>909001
its a really fucked up situation i dont mind the price but at least allow shit to be put diagonally.

No reason to make triangle armor so expansive
>>
>>908669
Almost assuredly considering planes close in to fire with their cannons as well, though that's better than losing a ship, or worse, getting the fleet so damaged they have to take forever repairing.
I only say almost because I don't know what happens if the intercept is successful at max distance.
>>
File: Haymaker.png (928 KB, 1860x858)
928 KB
928 KB PNG
Completed my first campaign. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, but I still have some questions:

1.) How do you manipulate the elevation of areas on the ship? It seems at once both controllable and random. For example, on this failure here I wanted to make a nice symmetry of guns in a comfy circle, but unfortunately after placing one too many guns together some became elevated while others dipped lower, ensuring they were basically useless. If this thing looks like a Frankenstein, it's because I had a nice shape going and then just said fuck it when it stopped working and plopped shit where it would let me at least fire in the front with everything.

2.) Anti-missile weapons seem to work just fine, but palash for the life of me seems to never work on any ships I install them on. Does the player need to manually operate it or does it automatically seek artillery shells that head for the ship?

3.) Missiles seem at once both incredibly useful and also altogether useless. Missiles used in battle have a tendency to be shot down by the AI with ease. And while missiles used in the strategic portion of the game are invaluable, it seems like you can never find a good place to re-stock either class of them. I'll find some places, but they tend to be rare. Are missiles used more in higher levels of play?

4.) Are there hard and fast rules for thrust/weight, range, fuel consumption etc. for any given class of ship? I will find myself making ships I quite like, but am unsure of exactly how much extra fuel I'm guzzling than I should be compared to what I get out of it, but I'm not really sure how to gauge it other than to compare it to base game models
>>
File: 1457120881784.gif (1.99 MB, 330x275)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>873713
Tarkhans, when is 1.15 expected to release? I'm planning to start a hard mode campaign with custom ships when it's out. Is the beta close enough to the final version I can play that instead?
>>
>>909387
elevation works like a pyramid with the center being higher and being next to an engine increases elevation
>>
>>909387
You have to stockpile KH15 at cities with rare module tag just like you stockpile 250kg bombs if you have carriers, except you have to manually reload it when docking at a city.
>Are there hard and fast rules
300km/h for 99% sudden strike ships at night, 400km/h for 99% sudden strike at all times, 2000km range if you want tanker-independent ship, the rest depends on how many guns and armors you want to bring to the fight.
>>
File: 20220110100931_1.jpg (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
I wanted to give my Triumphant an upgrade and I can understand why DoD has over budged issues, geez look at this fucking mess
>overweight
>slower
>shorter range
>can take out a small strikeforce and probably survive a nuke to the face
>>
Why the fuck are random sounds missing in my game? Like my own guns firing.
>>
>>909420
What are the main changes?
>>
So I tried the Three Lightning meme.
Should I just try to build a balanced fleet?
>>
>1.14.1
>>
>>910234
build a brick shithouse of a ship with 20 guns set it as your flagship and fly straight to khiva
>>
File: 20220109195705_1.jpg (450 KB, 1280x1024)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
So i made this thing, any way to make it faster?
>>
>>910389
drop the armor and you don't need hinged legs just two sticks
>>
is manual bombing necessary for hard mod runs. it so cost efficient and damaging
>>
File: 20220111001359_1.jpg (452 KB, 1280x1024)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>910440
Did as you said and added another pair of engines.
>>
>>910494
50sec combat time, good luck.
>>
>>910306
How do you 'set' a ship as a flagship?
>>
File: praise be.jpg (1.07 MB, 1920x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
God damn man.
>>
>>910749
Mod the game. Or rebuild good ol Sevy one part at a time.
>>
File: 20220111132033_1.jpg (1.03 MB, 1920x1080)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>try to improve the speed of Sevastapol by rearranging some components that improves protection efficiency
>reduce component
>this DECREASES speed and thrust
by the deserts of Geralt, what the fuck is wrong with this ship?
>>
How do I stop myself from savescumming? It's not even really about battle losses, the closer I get to khiva, the more strike groups I have around the map, the more precise actions like mid-air rendezvous and intercepts I have to plan and the more autistic I get so any mistake feels incredibly annoying.
>>
File: shipwork.jpg (723 KB, 1366x1536)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
>>910945
Thruster readout in shipwork is bugged until you actually attach it to the ship.
>>
>>910847
Is it like changing a notepad file or are there downloads?
>>
How good is this game? Pros/Cons? Is it worth full price? Any games to compare it to?
I don't wanna read the thread too much because this seems like a game where half the fun is figuring shit out yourself
>>
>>911120
I'd say at least a seven. Probably a nine if you want to scratch a fleet commanding itch.

Pros: Game doesn't really mind if you break it. Game also doesn't punching you in the face.

Cons: Game also doesn't prepare you for all of those punches in the face. I'm still not sure how exactly IR works. Missiles and carriers need their own tutorial mission, to be honest.

I'd say so, since it's only thirty, but the dev's not going to starve if you wait until whatever sale is next to get it for 20 something.

I don't know many games like this, but I'm sure there are a few.
>>
>>911100
See >>907750
>>910964
Alarm does nothing if all strike groups are already dead and no carriers or missileboats nearby (they never move around IIRC). Raid intel cities and have a fast ship to revisit them if you need the extra precaution since they regenerate eventually.
>>
>>910964
Accept that mistakes are inevitable.
Play original XCOM on ironman to get a feel for that.
>>
>>911222
>original
>XCOM
Did you perhaps mean X-COM
>>
>>911226
I mean the one where you aren't some fag who is unable to step out from behind a corner, take two shots, and then move so far beyond the corner that the person you were shooting at can't target you.
>>
File: Battleblob.jpg (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
Asymmetrical ships are hard to make. But the performance of this thing is pretty good.
>>
>>911538
>No Evac pods
Tarkhan, your men!
>>
I bitched about this too much but I would love a 3d game where could see the ships in their full glory.

Semi simulation games in bullshit scenarios are so rare. Yes I want to control a fleet and fire over the horizon with crazy rocket battleships.

I guess I should not complain since although its not my favourite genre per se some semi simulation is back there years. Like cold waters, ultimate admiral etc.
>>
>>911557
have you tried From the Depths? it's sort of in that vein
>>
File: 20210430101918_1.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>911627
>From the Depths
Not that anon but 1k hours played and I am babby tier. It's my favorite game that I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you're willing to sink hundreds of hours into learning how to play depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. I don't even fuck with LUA or even breadboards. Just getting AI/PID's to work was enough of a pain.
>>
>>911543
I think you can build no crew quarter whatsoever and the ship would still fly and shoots just fine.
>>
>>911685
Your men need at least some cots, Tarkhan.
Please. If they mutiny, you won't have much of a fleet.
>>
>>911708
They have 18 hours breaktime on every city we raid/liberate and only spend 12 hours at most to travel between them, what else do they want?
>>
>>911717
More vodka.
>>
Kinda fell off. I cant really figure out what im supposed to be doing to get to the 1st objective. Apparently lightnings are all I need?
>>
>>911819
For early game, yes, but you want to armor up eventually when the game starts throwing Intrepids and gladiators at you. Especially Intrepids. Fuck Intrepids. Stock up armor piercing ammo to kill those fuckers.
>>
>>911538
>mixed 100-130mm guns
>mixed 180-2 and 180-6
>that gap between the large hulls
disgusting
>>
>>911638
I spent 3k hours in starsector and BB, can't be that bad, shill me on this game
>>
>>911922
>BB
BattleBus?
>>
>>911945
Battle Brothers
>>
>>912021
>>911922
Huh. Not sure Battle Brothers compares, except maybe from a management side.

Yeah, sure, you gotta be careful to protect your ship parts/units, and your fleet's needs grow as you build it.

Basically, a flagship accompanied by three 'interceptors' can fly a lot further on the same amount of fuel than a proper fleet.

It's more actiony than BB, and the battles are less protracted than Starsector (fuel capacity of a ship determines its maximum battle time).

I guess to make a comparison to Starsector: it's a bit like playing a smuggler fleet that has to pick its fights and gather allies/make money to be able to transition to fighting the enemy more or less toe to toe.

The "Three Lightning' strategy works for at least a bit, but then you hit a point where even if the enemy can't kill you they can outlast your fuel supply.

I would say that, while it is simpler than Starsector in many ways, the ship management can be more complex.

Carriers and missile launches can let you deal with problems from afar that you can't deal with up close, and you can split up your fleets to distract the enemy or keep them from making reports on your location.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Point is, it's a lot like Stellaris but you have very limited diplomatic options (you can influence warlords to join you and make deals with settlements in certain scenarios, but your enemy will only stop when you've seized Khiva: the OBJ)
>>
>>912042
...ignore Stellaris, I meant to say Starsector. I woke up three hours ago and never got back to sleep because my life hates me.
>>
>>912042
Is it kinda like Sword of the Stars battles?
>>
>>912067
I have not played that.
Here's some Bong doing a combat tutorial:
https://youtu.be/KckmL-lAJU8?t=209
>>
>>912069
I thought we were talking about From the Depths
>>
File: This is a ship.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>911922
If you're talking about From The Depths first I have to add the caveat that it's more of an engineering/building game than a strategy game. While there are two official campaigns where you do map control, build craft, fight other factions, diplomacy, etc you build everything in your ship block by block (though there is prefabbing copy/paste and mirror mode) with a high degree of granularity. You don't just put down a 127mm turret. You come up with what kind of shell you want to use, then you put down the turret base then connect parts like coolers, autoloaders, and clips to make sure you have the fire rate you want, make sure it all fits structurally with clearance for rotation inside the turret well you've built for it since turret parts go boom when they get shot then you connect it to your ship's AI so the detection equipment can tell it what to fire at. That's just a single turret mind you, all the other parts of the ship from hull design and armoring to engines and propulsion are just as involved and important and you build the fucker, as I said, block by block.

As far as combat goes you have to tell your craft how to behave, and it's fairly hands off. You give the AI settings as to how to engage, what sort of range, and what kind of maneuvers it performs in combat, then you basically just give it an attack order. Assuming you've set everything correctly your craft will do their thing and fight as intended. Admittedly this is easier said than done and took me a lot of tweaking to get right. Ultimately you can make anything from tanks to subs to orbital space lasers once you understand how to set up a craft with the proper AI and propulsion setup.

tl,dr this is more Factorio type autism than Starsector or Battle Bros, but if the idea of building self-driving Lego sky battleships to take over the world sounds like fun vidya to you then it fills that niche.
>>
File: 20220112.jpg (425 KB, 1366x768)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>906807
I'm worried more about the anti-air ground vehicle since shit is tough as fuck.
>>
Can you pick up the endgame missile fleets on ELINT or do I have to actively scout them out?
>>
>>912398
you should be worried one shot from below and you're done bub
>>
As a submariner irl I do like the aspect of figuring everything out via intel and radar intercept and then plotting it via trend analysis. We don't even use our radar except in port navigation pretty much.
>>
>>912674
Yeah its pretty cool, its one thing I wish cold waters did.

In fact its something I wish even more run of the mill rts did even if its rare when I play rts. Its usually homeworld.

Speaking of Homeworld, there is one indie spaceship rts game coming out this year called Nebolous Fleet Command with slower paced combat which I love,that does information warfare, jamming etc.
>>
>>912596
both
>>
So what is the 300mm Incendiary for?
It started appearing on my last playthrough
>>
>>913407
Not implemented yet.
>>
I don't know how I feel about 57mm. It's worked well for smaller opponents, and tested pretty swell against strike fleet craft, but in practice it doesn't burn them down fast enough, even though in testing the enemy craft seemed much less willing to spam fire extinguishing.
Ironically even though I thought I'd be using incendiaries against the big ships I've found that they're far more effective against small to mediums just because they don't have nearly enough fire prevention to counteract all the burning semen I'm shooting into them, which causes them to just overheat and crash.
>>
>>913647
What kills 57mm for me is the fact you can get 100mm that does more damage and doesn't completely fucked by armor, for the same price without having to add more power/ammo.
>>
>>913647
its great for smaller ships and killing big missiles.

Overall I prefer 37mm, but I feel like they were nerfed, I think they used to destroy more shells in mid air.
>>
File: Brick.jpg (829 KB, 1920x1080)
829 KB
829 KB JPG
behold my retardation i did the level 10 test fight against everything and only lost some of the outer hull "armor" so i guarantee it's effective
>>
>>913960
Would be nice to see nuke take a chunk of it.

Fuel consumption is not that bad for being so big, then again its lightish fro the size
>>
>>913969
you can potentially shoot down a nuke when you have this many 37mm as long as it's your flagship
>>
File: 1617104483074.jpg (40 KB, 480x720)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>913960
Imagine being on the receiving end of a volley from that thing.
>>
>>913960
can the "highest" guns shoot over the fuel tanks?
>>
>>914182
the tallest 5 layers are high enough to shoot over fuel tanks
>>
>>914191
Interesting. The lowest of those are on layer 4 it looks like? Not sure if it's feasible to build things up that high on smaller ships to get 360 arcs on fore\aft guns with fuel tanks in the center. Do the layers add additional weight?

is there a limit to how tall you can go? Looks like there's just an additive shader being slapped on the sprite, wondering if you can just make it white.
> just do it yourself anon
I'm in the wagecage
>>
File: Skybreaker.jpg (906 KB, 1920x1080)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
>>914205
Thankfully layers add no weight just the normal weight of components. Any ship that has enough blocks to get even one gun shooting above the fuel tank will already be fairly large so i don't think it's feasible to make a small ship like that. Pic related is what happens if you keep going taller i tested putting guns on the greyed out part and they worked without any problems.
>>
>>907916
You use them to rape strike fleets/missile fleets since they can't do shit usually for defense against them.
>>
>>913647
I've come to love the 57mm, i dont use 37mm anymore except on feneks. On small combat ships just dodge missles, and on larger ships they can act as ciws just fine even with only 2, with the added bonus of being better against enemy ships. Their sustained fire capability with the reload upgrade is amazing. Ak100s with proxy beat them at strategic missles interception but i don't consider this relevant as i never have 57s as the sole guns on a ship. I love pairing them with molots, and using it as a tracer to walk the heavy guns on target.

100s were definitely my favorite when i started but i can't get away from the 57/130 pairing now.

I cannot get on board with 180s however. No matter what i try i always come back to the 130s. It feels like the extra damage just isn't worth the mounting cost when i could just have more 130s instead. Also the special ammo is too pricey for my liking, when a few missed shells equals a jet interceptor.
>>
>>914555
i prefer the "strategy" of having so many 37mm i can just shoot down every bullet that comes my way
>>
>>914556
I've found this works with 57 once you have 6+ of them, and has better sustained firepower while being cheaper.

Also i might be wrong, but i feel 57s can trigger proxy ammo while the 37 doesn't, which helped me a lot against strike fleets.
I don't put armour on my combat ships anymore since the nerfs.
>>
The fact that 57mm kills any missile in one hit and is still serviceable in combat is enough for me to pick them over 37mm.
>>914576
>57s can trigger proxy ammo
Just tried it, unfortunately doesn't work but a direct hit will destroy the shell
>>
File: 1619898677240.png (360 KB, 412x341)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
I just ended a run where a single missile from a strike group somehow got past all of my defense, hit the bridge of the Savastopol and killed me
I don't know how common that is but I got pretty mad
>>
>>915505
Activate alt f4 emergency system.
>>
>>915264
The 57 are good but I feel they dont work so well for me in combat.

I like opening shit with the 180s and just ruining the interior with the 37mm.

They got nerfed tbu I still think it works better for defence and offense.

57 are good for dedicated smaller ships.
>>
The thread is crashing but you sold all the escape pods. I warned you about the escape pods Tarkhan.
>>
>>916307
I will NEVER use escape pods LOSERS do not belong on my crew
>>
>>916307
I never wanted to escape, see you on the other side
>>
Does the prologue influence starting money?
>>
File: test32.png (1.22 MB, 1920x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>916307
I always put escape pods at least 70% for carrier since they have highly trained crewmen. And 50 for battleships because lets be fair, if its time to abandon a battleship half of your men are already dead.
>>
>>916378
Not really although if you're chummy with the prince you'll get a higher relationship and his special ability is more money
>>
>>916307
We have escape systems on our submarines but we all agree they're pretty useless
>>
Anyone have experience with stripping a gladiator's armor at Ur and using it as a temporary lightning replacement? Regular lightnings always seem to lose their potency around the midpoint when multiple armored gunships show up
>>
>>916307
Only filthy El*ims want escape pods.
>>
Excellent landing. Good work, everyone!
>>916821
>>916821
>>916821

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.