[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 84 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1635980428980.png (462 KB, 462x652)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
KINO
>>
>>850692
did the other thread died?
>>
ever since age4 came out I can't really go back to it, played over 1000 hours though, great game
>>
>>851042
You do you, my dude.
Waiting on the patch for aoe4 since current meta isn't for me.
Ended up playing Coh2 still.
>>
>>850692
Why did they take out snowstorms? I don't fuckinf get it
>>
File: 1612518059030.png (19 KB, 678x585)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>850692
I think I've finally perfected my Werhmacht strategy/build order, bros, I swear to god I'm not a schizo. I am climbing the ladder like fucking crazy
>Jaeger Infantry Doctrine
>build MG, then another pio, then MG, into tier 1 then a Pgren, then mechanized headquarters into scout car and pak gun, into jaeger command squad if possible, stall as hard as possible until Panther, then get Brummbar + 1 more Pgren, upgrade all with G43's as soon as possible, build infanterie kompanie after you build the mechanized if you need a mortar to support you
The scout car gets insane sight at vet 2, I have found that avoiding the mediocre grenadiers wehrmacht has is the key to victory. Spam sprint with your Pgrens and you win pretty much any engagement with an MG.
>>
>>851142
Compfags
>>
>>851161

No early game snares makes u vulnerable to light vehicles

Also vulnerable to rifles a sections flanking ur mgs
>>
>>851142
It's a cool mechanic in concept that's been implemented in a really awkward way. Basically, the criticisms are:
1. Artificially extending a game out with random "stop moving around" time is hardly fun
2. Punishes flanking maneuvers by freezing squads to death, which goes against the encouraged playstyle
3. Due to reason 2, it also encourages turtling
4. Deep snow also typically ends up causing squad wipes since you could have a blizzard hit during a retreat, resulting in easy pickings as the terrain gives negative cover
>>
>>851161
I've seen that build order before. It's okay against players who do not rush light vehicles. Why hate on grens though. They're a solid mainline.
>>
any good balance stuff in the last year? might reinstall
>>
>>852075
so basically what >>851513 said
>>
>>852092
Brits have shifted entirely off using emplacements in most competitive games as they're easily countered. Sturmtiger and AVRE are now more accurate and faster, allowing it to really threaten blobs. A lot of vanilla commanders got some abilities changed to be more interesting. Were you around for Soviet Airborne absolutely dominating the scene with SVT conscripts?
>>
>>852174
I was. changes like that one really put me off playing. so much gimmick. cons were shit, except with this 1 meme commander, or at T4, so it's all ok. thanks balance geniuses
>>
>>852294
Regular cons aren't so bad. At least, I find them perfectly good cover fighters.
>>
>>852483
statistically they are or were the worst in the game at all ranges, including when factoring in price. for some reason everyone liked to pretend they're good. I have never understood this
>>
>>852621
People are probably not pretending because statistically they are quite good.

Let's compare them to Grens as an example.
Target Size: 1.09 versus 0.91
That doesn't look very good but cons get reduced target size to 0.71 while grens don't. A player that can keep his squads alive will have a far more durable squad at their command.

As for dps, that's not the cons strong suit since they're more known for durability, utility (AT nade, reinforce squad, flare mines, oorah, Molotov), and cheap reinforcing cost of up 20 manpower. Their DPS at 10-15 range, their average dps per model is 2-3. Grens have 4-4.5 per model at that range. Cons, statistically, should output more damage than grens at the intended range. The issue with their early 1.09 target size is mitigated with use of cover. While at mid-game where most wehrmacht mainline will have a weapon upgrade, the Soviets have a T-70 light tank around that phase, which balances out the disparity. If cons were allowed to have their upgrades too early, I think it would make them imbalanced. At their price point, pop count and faster reinforcing speed, I think a good argument can be made that their perfectly decent.
>>
File: 1618640550018.gif (452 KB, 500x455)
452 KB
452 KB GIF
>>852026
>>852077
with double MG you can just put one MG right behind the other and it will kill light vehicles. The Pioneers also do OK damage against light vehicles, people will underestimate them then they will lose their clown car/ universal carrier to the pioneers. Also not building the Infanterie Kompanie will let you have 10 more fuel which makes your scout car way quicker to come out and BTFO any light vehicles plus be a good harasser the entire game
I am telling you this is a very potent strategy, almost as potent as Ostruppen in 1v1

The reason I think Grenadiers are weak is because they struggle so much against other mainlines and their small squad size makes them very vulnerable to explosives. They're like a weaker Obersoldaten and Obers are already pretty weak.
>>
>>852672
>T-70
I don't believe this kind of thing. the axis factions get similarly powerful units at around the same time. could I in the same way say that cons are in fact shit because wehr gets MG42 at tier 0 which suppresses cons in 1 burst, while soviets can only build T2 and get a maxim, which suppresses nothing ever? it makes more sense to stick to looking at cons vs other main infantry
>1.09 target size is mitigated with use of cover
how does cover change anything? do different squads get different amounts of reduction from it? because if they don't then cons are still garbo
>utility (AT nade, reinforce squad, flare mines, oorah, Molotov)
oorah is all they have going for them that stands out. reinforce squad and flare mines are niche, and the molotov ability last time I played was massively inferior to volks incendiary grenade for example, in throw time and range
>>
>>853004

Skilled opposition aren't going to blindly charge into your mgs

Stacking both mgs in one spot will allow your opponent to take 2/3 of the map

They are going to get a light tank out by the time you get your scout car

You have no way to stop a sniper or mortar from countering your mgs

>>853118

6 men means 50% more firepower then greens

They can build their own cover sprint and merge

Merge synergies well with flame engis and crew served weapons

4x con openers are popular for a reason
>>
File: 1284072016179.jpg (11 KB, 247x274)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
I just noticed CoH3 was announced
>mfw
>>
>>852121
Yeah bads love turtling, but they don't play matchmaking anyway so there was no reason to keep it in.
>>
>>853619
jaeger infantry comes with ambush training, countering snipers. and mortars can be countered by simply moving around. the scout car comes out a bit quicker than allied light tanks and you will likely have more than enough MP to afford a pak gun right after your scout car.
an invisible MG can take out a sniper walking in front of it in less than a single burst, since it receives a pretty major damage buff from being inside cover. put on cease fire, wait for the sniper to walk out, then mow him down. try it out yourself.
>>
>>853118
I disagree that units should be compared in a vacuum. If you do not account for the entire roster and meta of the armies, you can easily overlook balance issues. T-70 has been the crutch of Soviet mid-game precisely because there are few competitors at the time. 222 and Luchs are hardly able to contest against it, and at guns need to seriously catch it out of position to punish.

Cover bonus can go as far as to negate 50% damage and 50% chance of being shot. A big deal as cons can make their own cover practically anywhere. It's why sandbag build times got a universal nerf, with only cons getting faster build time on vet.

You shouldn't overlook any of the other utilities as they are all very much part of the meta. Molotovs are not meant to be thrown into infantry as much to deny garrisons and cover. At vet, they are also thrown much faster than volks can. Reinforce is meta with flamethrowers and is a power spike versus OKW.
>>
>>851161
Schitzo build order
>>
>>853619
>6 men means 50% more firepower then greens
they have less firepower than grens because their accuracy and rate of fire is dick, at all ranges
>Merge synergies well with flame engis and crew served weapons
yeah because cons themselves aren't that useful compared to these other squads
>>
>>851161
That's awful, USF would skull fuck you with a single M20.
>>
Is every host on MP comatose or what? almost 30 minutes waithing for the hosts to react to their full lobbies, even from 1v1 to 4v4.
>>
>>854092
scout car and pios
>>
>>854280
I'd recommend not joining custom lobbies. Just matchmake.
>>
>>854035
Conscripts and Grens have nearly identical accuracy, with 5% deviation where conscripts do better up close while Grens at max range. The difference in their accuracy only kicks in at vet 2, where grens massive accuracy boost starts. This is only fair since cons get their meaty received accuracy veterancy bonus. The actual difference between their stats in rifles that is big is the fact mosins only do 12 damage while kar98 do 16, which is fair to account for the difference in models. Rate of fire is iffy to actually tell since there's a lot of min and max parameters that is better represented via the dps stats mentioned before.

And the flamethrower engis with con reinforcement is strong because of the fact cons can reinforce, essentially giving the squad enough durability to pressure, as otherwise the combat engies would drop like flies.
>>
>>854848
ok buddy so the short answer is that I'm right and cons suck. whether it's damage or accuracy or rate of fire that makes it happen doesn't particularly matter
>as otherwise the combat engies would drop like flies
they sure would, since they're ridiculously fragile. I think a gren squad and a flame pio squad would be more effective at basically everything though
>>
>>855594
I'm telling that they're comparable to grens. You seem fixated on just concluding they are worse and call it that.
>>
>>855594

Maybe they only suck when you use them
>>
coh 3 alpha tomorrow lads
>>
>>856805
based
>>
File: hemad.png (1.81 MB, 1920x1080)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
This is what happens when you send 2 full health LMG Obers into 2 full health 7 man Conscripts and a T34-76 and don't expect them to die, OKW players seem autistic as fuck.
>>
>>857087
muh supersoldaten
>>
okw has always been the faction of choice for low iq wehraboo fagmasters
>>
CoH 3 multiplayer alpha is now live btw
>>
my expectations are low
>>
File: 1556716458764.png (612 KB, 410x736)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
bros... I get like 3 fps...
>>
>>857535
It's unoptimized as heck, that's for sure, make sure you set image quality to no higher than Low, otherwise you'll get massive frame drops when moving the camera.
>>
>>850692
why does this game make vladimir so angry
>>
>>857535
put the game in borderless windowed and turn vsync on. let me know if that helps
>>
>>850692
Nognag
>>
Am I the only one who feels like OKW is very weak?

They feel like a straight downgrade from Wehr to me.

I like the flat rack Rakuten combo

But they have no way to deal with MG openers

Struggle against snipers

Sturm pios are too expensive and have no defensive buffs

Luchs puma are too expensive

They do have a powerful late game but good luck getting there

1v1s against them feel ez
>>
>>857676

The soviet army is portrayed poorly

It was clearly inspired by enemy at the gates which is super inaccurate

Lots of meme about throwing their men away for no reason
>>
>>857998
OKW is definitely a strong contender for weakest faction. While it ought to be said that win/loss atm isn't that bad for any faction, strong arguments could be made that they do not have conventional utilities like Wehr. MG can only realistically be dealt with via flanks, with flame nades being a perfectly okay answer to garrisons. Atm, OKW is relying on JLI crutch in 1v1 scene as they're amazing with how strong their sniping mechanic works, and are a natural counter to sniper strats. They are also the answer to Infantry sections in general. Overwatch typically gets picked a lot as a result in terms of doctrine. Not many go for Luchs and Puma no more, though that's more because they tied medic to the first bunkers and that's typically essential. Plus, Flak halftrack is too potent to give up on.
>>
>>851161
That's just a classic no-snare meme build, LVs will skull fuck you
>>
Is this worth playing if I ragequit CoH1 in the hill 192 mission that spawns infinite panzers flammenwerfers and rocket barrages?
>>
>>858235
You mean for the campaign? CoH2's campaign isn't very good, the DLC expansion Ardennes Assault is decent, overall, if you're just looking for singleplayer content I wouldn't get CoH2, unless you get it for free.
>>
What are you oppinions on the HE stug

I've always been a big fan. Long range. Hard to kill reasonable price

Gives you insane pressure on the enemies Frontline

I recently watched a hans video where he dismissed it as a worse brumbar

It costs half the fuel and twice the range is it really worse8?
>>
>>859488
You mean the Stug E?
Personally, I find the tank alright for its price range. With 50 range as opposed to 35, you can most certainly make the argument that it has an advantage in some aspects. That said, just off the top of my head, there are a few things to consider:
1. Doctrinal - This automatically can put demerits on a unit due to opportunity cost of doctrines not including it.
2. Lethality - Brummbar has a far great aoe profile and the fact it has shorter range indirectly improves it as there is far less issue with slow trajectory of the HE.
3. Survivability - 800 HP + 240 armor is much more favorable than 560 +140. Stug E has less armor than a T-34/76. This impacts the unit in a variety of ways. One obvious one is it makes it micro-intensive. You need to support the Stug E more than you would a brummbar during pushes. Allies have weak handheld AT, which is why the brummbar can practically ignore AT squads thanks to all the deflections. The Stug E, on the other hand, needs to keep backing up when met with AT squads.
4. Vet ability - Brummbar can still saturate similar distance using its vet ability Bunker Buster, which negates the advantage of a Stug E. Stug E's vet ability used to be crazy potent as it stunned + could penetrate to deal damage. Now it just stuns.
5. Awkward role - This is an anti-infantry unit, but is far more fragile than a PIV and does worse than the Ostwind in downing models. Yes, it's cheaper, but Wehrmacht can rush out PIV so fast nowadays you don't have to settle with a Stug E of all things. It doesn't help the vet ability is anti-tank, where it is most helpless at in most cases. It doesn't even stand up as a disengage ability since the time it takes to aim and fire is plenty of time for them to fire first, and the stun time is not long enough for the tank to accelerate backwards and away from danger.

All in all, for the price, you get a fairly lackluster tank. It has its place and in good micro can go far, but why settle?
>>
>>857676
It dared say that soviets committed war crimes and that makes Ivan seethe.
>>
not sure how actually good it is, but from a design point of view it certainly seems unnecessary, like half the units in this game
>>
>>859546
Well that's stupid, we all know that the only nation that has never committed a war crime is Japan.
>>
>>858000
>throwing their men away for no reason
>poorly portrayed
>meme
lok ok ivan
>>
>>858000
>throwing their men away for no reason
that's literally what happened in Finland though.
>>
So is CoH1/2 worth it for the campaigns alone or is it one of those MP focused games?
>>
>>860003
1 for SP, 2 for MP
>>
>>858000
>>
>>860003
Yes. They are both good.
>>
>>860003
>>860006
This, but you might find CoH2's Ardennes Assault fun, though that's DLC.
>>
>>860006
Why?
>>
>>860030
Chinks did something similar on the yellow river a couple years earlier. One million people died.
>>
>>860030
>source: bro trust me lol
>>
>>860030

britain literally did this by air in a country they weren't being invaded in and it's celebrated as the greatest thing anyone every achieved despite it basically getting 99% of its crews killed and killing 1500 civilians all whilst achieving nothing of importance lmao
>>
>>860563
You're blowing it out of proportion.
>>
Is spearhead the best wehr commander?

Recon flight, panzersmoke, a strong offmap, mortar truck

And a tiger to end the game

What. Else do u need?
>>
>>863296
recon flight is amazing, I spend all my excess munis on it. I think blitzkrieg is also good, panzer smoke and recon planes combined just adds so much to the already solid wehr army.
>>
>>863296
It's one of the popular commanders for team games for a reason. Dunno what's best since it depends on the player, but this is pretty close to a generally strong pick.
>>
panzer tactician is the gayest bullshit
>>
>>864789
smoke launchers are authentic though
>>
>>858000
>The soviet army is portrayed poorly
Only in the campaign which no one plays.
>>
>>864986

I mean really just in general

>more conscripts are at our disposal

They joke about throwing their men away

Also half their equipment is western lend lease

Sovanoos hate being reminded of that
>>
>>864834
aimed and delayed smoke abilities are nice. fuck up and nearly die and then click your escape button is a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>865389
Learn about attack ground, you can still get kills through smoke, it's gonna make the axis players mad.
>>
>>865446
I know all about it, it's inaccurate and requires a bunch of micromanagement. the ability is still ezmode garbage
>>
File: 1610348998589.jpg (95 KB, 1000x667)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>865389
>>
>>865472
Just get good, it's not that big of an advantage.
>>
>>865957
it's a strong enough ability that if a commander had only that 1 ability it would be an ok commander
>>
>>865979
Is this in team games?
>>
I loved CoH1 and really want to get into CoH2, but I hate how close in the camera is. Is their any way to fix it?
>>
>>866098
Sorry, but it's sadly an intended design for the screen to be so up close. The only alternative is to use autohotkey and have the tactical map open up on an easily reachable key. I don't do that myself, but it's the first alternative to getting a broader view of the match.
>>
>>866098
I've seen some streamers using some sort of zoomed out camera mod, so there must be something for that, I've never used it myself, though, you're gonna have to google it, and don't expect to use such a thing anywhere near multiplayer, careful with VAC ban or something like that...
>>
>>866212
Yeah, some streamers who do replay do have dev mode turned on via console command. A_E is one of the casters that have it enabled as far as I am aware, but this does not apply to actual matches, afaik. The alternative is for custom games, but I doubt that is the majority of gamemodes you are looking to play.
>>
>>866069
> doesn't know about attack ground

absolute shitter
>>
>>868216
I think you quoted the wrong post, I'm the one that was suggesting attack ground against units in smoke.
>>
>g43 grenadiers: 4 men, 2 g43s
>g43 panzerfusiliers: 6 men, 3 g43s, flares
>muh asymmetrical balance
>>
>>868444
Defend this, relicfags.
>>
>>868444
Pfussies are trash before the upgrade, having as little as 4 dps at point blank with a target size of 1. They are worse than conscripts. Grens do not have this weak start. Try going only Pfussies in a 1v1 and not suffering every engagement early game.

Also, G43 upgrade for grens are nearly half the cost of Pfussies 80 munis. Also, G43 is a situational upgrade, does more damage than Pfussies G43 per shot. Nice job ignoring Grens have LMG42 as stock that is always a straight upgrade that comes as early as BP1.
>>
>>868728
>pfusis bad early game
the problem with this reasoning is that early volks are almost as shit in combat, literally the only reason people make them is the retarded sandbag behind flag mechanic
>lmg42 grens are fine
yes, however this has nothing to do with g43 grens being shit
all the advantages you listed are inconsequential compared to the sheer fucking gulf in dps and survivability between a 4 man squad and a 6 man one
oh and how could I forget the flares and sight range that let them avoid machineguns, making them easily blobbable
>>
>>868828
>Almost as shit in combat
Volks do 25% more damage than Pfussies with the same weapon at point blank and the bonus extends out to 10% at 10 range. The fact they can build sandbags also means they can handle themselves early game and are more effective at harassing fuel. They are also cheaper in pop cap, manpower cost and reinforcement cost and gain their received accuracy buffs as early as vet 1. Pfussies easily outscale them after upgrades, but that is at the mercy of being the worst doctrinal infantry squad early game, with the hefty 80 ammunition cost. Any half decent player (unless you're team gaming) will only build Pfussies for the 3rd or 4th squad as by then the teching is nearly ready to skip their weakest phase. If Pfussies do not get some sort of growth that justifies that weak phase, they would not be worth calling in.

Now, that did go kind of off topic since we're comparing grens, so I'll drag back onto that focus. G43 grens do more damage per shot, has a cheaper upgrade cost, gains model 24 hand grenade, and -10% received accuracy bonus. On top of all of that, the G43 for grens use only 1 weapon slot, meaning they have the potential to pick up dropped weapons to go even further. For being much cheaper than Pfussies, requires less cost to field and still carrying significant early game advantage, I am not sure how you are convinced they're not a decent package overall and balanced. Still worse than LMG42 grens in overall dps, but as it stands it's a universal upgrade package for a stock infantry that stacks received accuracy buff on a already low RA infantry that eventually gets -20% received damage at vet 3. No, I'm not arguing it's OP or that it's somehow better than pfussies g43, but it's well priced for how much it offers. I would find it ridiculous if G43 pfussies are worse, given they cost more and require greater investment to start peaking.
>>
>>868828
Word limit

I do agree that the flares are overkill. Vision range and 6 man is already ridiculously good, and the G43 get crazy accurate once they hit vet 2 with fucking 40% accuracy buff. Pew pew super soldiers. And at vet 5 they get sprint so you can flare, see the whole frontline, sprint for a fast flank, and then laser beam down everyone you see. 0.77 target size on vet makes them as good as volks in terms of single model survivability, which is where they wholly outscale them.

Bu that's the key here. Outscale. Pfussies are an investment. Before you get there, you're dealing with a subpar and more expensive infantry option. In team games, this advantage is wholly nullified because resources come at a greater rate, which is typically where I hear most complaints of Pfussies are from.
>>
>>868444
panzerfusiliers are just one of many totally pointless units they added to the game and are now stuck with
>>
>>869067
>completely different damage profile than volks
>completely different upgrade paths
>somehow pointless
? ? ?
>>
>>869157
it's a medium quality axis infantry squad that wants to be mostly at medium range and has a mix of anti infantry and anti tank abilities. it adds nothing of value
>>
>>869165
>medium quality axis infantry squad that wants to be mostly at medium range and has a mix of anti infantry and anti tank abilities.
name one other okw unit like this
>>
>>869174
volksgrenadiers
>>
>>869176
>>869157
>>
>>869179
next you'll be saying ppsh guards were a good idea
>>
>>869174
Pfussies are not pointless by any extent. They are a late game scaling infantry that is more than worth their investment. Their profile range is similar by a thin margin, but their dps is entirely different, as is their relative accuracy as G43 rifles lose less than 10% of their dps even while moving. This makes them far better than volks green on flanking attacks and more reliable on wiping retreating squads. Volksgrens are well rounded and do better in defensive scenarios as they can build sandbags, while Pfussies are far better with offense with their flares, moving accuracy and sprinting.
>>
all okw units are late game scaling. it was a waste of time adding units like this and trying to keep them appropriately powerful instead of putting more thought into proper units
same goes for most of the pointless sherman variants and okw vs wehr versions of all the axis tanks. less is more
>>
>>868899
>>868901
I agree that pfusis are balanced in 1v1, I mostly play 2v2s with friends and there's one guy who builds 4 fusiliers, gets carried in early game, and then suddenly becomes unbeatable in infantry engagements, it's very annoying to play against.

Regarding g43 grens, the 10% RA is simply not enough as most of the time they want to close in and get shredded on the way, grens are a very fragile unit. I'm not even sure exchanging the rifle grenade for a regular one is a good thing, and the recently increased muni cost of 60 means they lose the timing advantage over lmg42s.
>>
>>869309
>all okw units are late game scaling
Volks are the worst scaling mainline infantry in the game, and sturmpios are a joke after the 2 minute mark
>>
>>869344
surely 5 levels of vet means their stuff ends up stronger, but it takes more time and preservation. or is that yet another facet of okw that relic completely went back on?
>>
>>869349
5 vet is an easy noob trap. Just because they have five gold stars on their name does not necessarily make them stronger. The first 3 vets of the volks actually influence their combat stats, the last two only provide utility bonus such as extra vision and a slow self heal when out of combat.

Volks are just one of the cheaper mainline in the game and do not scale well into late-game. This is one of OKW's weaknesses, and why Pfussies are considered an investment alternative as they scale much better with their vets.
>>
>>869331
The price hike was something I did have reservations about. If it had remained the original cost and still maintained the existing buffs, I would say giving more would be too much. Chances are, the balance team just did not want a repeat of the VSL upgrade with a G43 gren squad lead that dominated the tourneys nonstop. Not sure what else I'd give grens g43 despite this sentiment. Bringing the price back down might be the best.

As for Pfussies cheese, it's definitely annoying, as it is a braindead strategy. Ironically, they do not outscale US riflemen if both are fully upgraded. Double Bar Riflemen win against them in all ranges, though at far the margins are very much 50/50 with both having roughly 1 model left.

The issue with team games is that cheese is always present since factions can cover one another. Brits still walk all over the place with bolstered bren blobs and on that power scale, Pfussies are just one of the many cancers.

Wish the game had team mode balance and 1v1 mode balance separate, as a vast majority of players play team mode for fun.
>>
Imagine picking Partisan Commander on a 1v1 match
>>
>>869616
Funny enough, it does have its utilities. The actual partisan squads are more useful in smaller game modes as there are less things able to wipe them instantly. The full tactical map hack and radio intercept is perfect intel and mark target is always meta. While not strong compared to more meta options such as those with Guards, it has its place. Partisans are sadly just too micro intensive due to their high target size and limited engagement range.
>>
>>869616
I enjoyed the 1 month of coh 2's history when partisans were good
>>
>>869616
Yeah, fuck fun, let's just go with the meta choice.
>>
I like shock troops.
>>
>>870110
I like playing as germans.
>>
>>871358
You forget about the uber stronk Hungarian super soldiers that dominated the meta prior to nerf.
>>
Nobody told me stormtroopers keep their assault packages AND panzer shreks on the campaign missions, this changes everything.
>>
>>850692
Based
>>
do you get both cpt and lt when you aren't using airborne?
>>
File: 1587829398676.jpg (64 KB, 680x556)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>error one or more players are missing mod files and can't start match
>"ok we removed all our skins and plates!"
>error one or more players don't have installed map from mod pack, cannot start

then whats the fucking point of the workship holy shit, isn't the lobby supposed to auto download the skins and maps before starting?
>>
>>876758
One or more folks in that lobby probably has flimsy internet or is in a region where workshop items are not loading. Knew a lot of folks in China who play custom lobbies who get that issue a ton.
>>
>>876240
Not really.
LT can be skipped in most cases as Captain has AT guns. Most folks rush an AA halftrack and then transition to Major afterwards. Back-teching is not a bad idea, to be clear, but you generally don't want to delay the first sherman.
>>
I can understand players wanting to grind AI kills on expert on corridor like maps so they can test their big defensive guns and vehicles, what i don't understand is why make those small corridor maps into a 4v4 map, you end up with enemy ai getting stuck on a bottleneck because they builded a pillbox/bunker blocking all their units and causing low end PC's to log out, or you have maps that last 1 hour and neither side can't push anything at all from the sher amount of enemies pouring out of the enemy side and the human side fucking up and never bringing a commander to break stalemates like heavy arty or paras
>>
>>850692
Trash
>>
>infantry vs infantry almost hugging eachother takes a minute to one of the squads to die

This game is awful.
>>
>>881643
no
>>
>>881643
Finally somebody said it
>>
>>881643
This is bad how?
>>
>>881643
You just don't get it
>>
>>850692
True
>>
>>881643
How is this bad?
>>
>>868444
>Panzerfusiliers G43 /=/ Grenadiers G43
>Panzerfusiliers RA /=/ Grenadiers RA
>Panzerfusiliers kar98k /=/ Grenadiers kar98k
>>
>>860070
the nationalists did

and people wonder why the Chinese sided with the commies, mostly because they don't like being underwater
>>
File: 1633018756782.jpg (21 KB, 480x480)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>upgrade your panzergrenadiers from STG44s to G43s
>>
>>887291
Nothing wrong with it, Panzergrens G43 are really good
>>
>>887476
"Really good" is a stretch honestly, they're kind of a niche upgrade on an already niche unit.
>>
>>857676
Russians live in this kind of delusional mindset where they can do no wrong and never did anything wrong and were benevolent heroes who saved the world by allowing eastern Europe to live with a Russian boot grinding on their neck.

Any game that doesn't portray them as heroic paragons of virtue gets them seething mad because they have fragile psyches that aren't prepared for reality.

Russians still have that mindset today, they can't handle banter and go from zero to butthurt in less time than it takes you to say "Russia is an aggressor."
>>
>>887291
they are a side-grade you retard, the same with giving a flamethrower to an assault squad with smg's, more damage in CQC but that unit can't fire on the move like the rest of the squad.
>>
>>887476
>>887772
you absolute retards. assault rifles are better weapons than semi auto rifles
>>
>>887835
G43s have excellent moving dps and still decent close range dps
>>
>>887890
it's unrealistic to the point of being laughable
>>
>>887835
>assault rifles are better weapons than semi auto rifles
Not in CoH2
Panzerfrenadiers G43 are extremely potent at all ranges
>>
>>887612
>"Really good" is a stretch
No, they are really good
>>888079
>Muh realism
Nobody cares
>>
>>888090
that's what I'm saying, this part of coh 2 is retarded. they should be upgrading from G43s to STG44s

>>888094
maybe they should add the ability to upgrade from firearms to crossbows
>>
>>887835
>>888079
>>888102
the switch away from rifles to automatic weapons was more because warfare in general moved away from ww1-style trench camping with big artillery-supported pushes
ww2-era rifles were not as decisively inferior to assault rifles as you'd think
and anyway, coh2 maximum infantry engagement range is literally 35 meters, if it were "realistic" then submachine guns would outclass everything else in the game
>>
>>890407
unless you drop your SMGs for your doctrinal pistol upgrade
>>
>>887835
>>888079
>Muh realism
>>
>>891682
is expecting weapon upgrades to be from bad guns to good guns instead of the other way so unreasonable
>>
File: 1582373145835.jpg (37 KB, 640x595)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
What DLCs do you guys recommend? Winter sale is here and I'd like to buy some.
>>
>>892975
Just buy every OKW/USF/Brit commander your're still lacking. Vanilla ones aren't really worth the money, even for current meme prices.
>>
>>850692
Just pirated this game and i'm gonna start playing it in a bit. It's my first rts, anything i should know? Also is the mp populated enough to be able to play it regularly? Might buy it if i like the campaign
>>
>>881741
>>883178
>>886924
>it's good because... WELL IT JUST IS, OKAY?
>>
>>893088
>anything i should know
keep squads alive
spend your resources
>is mp populated enough
yeah
>>
>>893099
I'm just hoping to hear what your expectation or reasoning is. You're not the first to make fun of long kill time and certainly won't be the last. Because if it's realism, I get that, but COH2 at best only lends the theme of WW2 but strays very far from it in mechanics.

The reason why time to kill in CoH2 takes so long in general is due to how important keeping squads alive are. Veterancy can wildly alter the effectiveness of units, so if everything deletes one another at point blank, nobody would be able to have any vet squads. Plus, rifles have the best performance over range, and the output is stable, so while it doesn't kill fast point blank, it won't fall off much at range.

I'm not saying it's good in terms of realism, but it's good in how the game is designed.
>>
>>893088
Game is strangely healthy in terms of player count. Queue time for a match can be from instantly to 10 minutes.

Tips wise: It is best to have a general build order in mind. For example, soviets common start is 4 conscripts as the strategy is to overwhelm and trade cheaply, while the goal of this advantage is to hold over to a T-70 light tank, which can make up for the weak mid-game of conscripts. Then, some sort of late-game plan such as SU-85 to counter armor as late-game conscripts perform super well thanks to T4 upgrade.
>>
>>893088
Also, forgot to mention:
CAMPAIGN IS TRASH
COH2 FANS TYPICALLY PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Ardennes Assault is okay though. Just don't play campaign. It's hot garbage.
>>
>>893525
the level of realism I expect from coh is about equal to a ww2 action movie, and I think that fits with what I remember from the coh 1 singleplayer
>>
>>893529
not that anon but I always have trouble finding the manpower for the t70, it seems like to hit the fuel timing you have to skip the AT gun and the 2cp doctrinal unit, and without them my 4 conscripts get overwhelmed
I hate how manpower-heavy soviet teching is
>>
So how do I deal with vehicle spam as UKF?
>>
>>894002
aec
>>
>>893955
It's a bit difficult to pin down what might be draining your mainpower to delay teching, but the top players usually defer to the most likely cause of bleeding manpower too hard. Even with conscript spam, it doesn't mean you should take unfavorable trades. If anything, their numbers are meant to reduce losses through flanking and forcing the opponent to do early retreats. Remember that your power spike with four cons is also relying on a flamethrower crutch, as cons sticking with combat engineers is your early game damage source. As for AT, yeah. Skip AT. Unless you're horribly behind, there's no real hurt to come of delaying AT as the most potent thing to rush you before T-70 is a 222 or Flak halftrack, and if the opponent is tech rushing they are not going to beat your 4 cons + flamethrower.
>>
>>893531
pfft who plays coh for the campaign anyway
>>
>>877071
Lt is also good tho, you can get early zooks, plus you can rush for Stuart early, you can absolutely dominate early game with Stuart
>>
>>895072
coh 1? probably more people than played the multiplayer
>>
>>895432
oh yea, I meant coh2 but since i didnt mention coh1 thats on me
>>
>>893525
Eh, when COH2 first shipped the degree to which things died was dialed way the fuck up.

Except for German tanks. German tank vet bonuses were busted as fuck because vet 1 was still their abilities but vet 2 gave a percentage based armor bonus instead of what they have now, so Panzer 4's became as difficult to kill as panthers, and panthers became harder to kill than base model tiger 1's.

But everything else was super prone to dying. And people whinged and whined till it was 'fixed.'
>>
>>857676
It has Pz4 toflstomp his precious 34's, and 222s shoot down ils in a couple seconds.
>>
>>881643
Use ass grens, cover the mfers in nades and then mop up with SMG. Takes about 5-10 seconds to wipe out a full health penal.
>>
>>898234
It flopped hard on release for many reasons, and the illusion of fast death is due to having only two factions and conscripts were literally made of paper. Hell, on release the strategy people preferred as Wehrmacht was halftrack Pgren rush. That and maxim spams as soviets. God, let us never go back to those days.
>>
>>898707
yeah imagine maxims being useful like other HMGs. that would be awful
>>
>>898732
Imagine thinking maxim is useless.
Over half the player base don't even know it has an active ability. Sustained fire has a wider and more potent suppression area when you rev it up, but because every sub rank 10 scrub wants to a-move their MG42, somehow the maxim is not useful. And half of them just gloss over the 6 man durability because they have zero micro and just slam the retreat key at the first sign of being flanked.
>>
>>899544
to be desu 6 man was just a liability until they fixed the deathloop recently
>>
>6 man durability
it's only durable vs explosions and snipers if they have shit received accuracy
>>
>>899576
And now it's extra durability. Congrats.
>>899579
And explosions are the most likely thing to wipe out weapon teams if the player isn't losing it to being flanked. And received accuracy is the same for MG42 so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
>>
>year of our lord 2022
>only americans get an ardennes campaign style
>>
>>853645
so how's COH3 when compared to COH2? anyone played the alpha?
>>
>>899771
We need some modders to figure out how to edit or replace vanilla campaign scenarios to change both commie and mutt ones to German.
>>
>>899771
>relic do a good thing
>"reeeee you need to do it 5 times"
>>
>>899780
Fun but absolutely not finished.
Now, I wonder if finishing it will make it even better or worse.
>>
>>900039
Relic made the game intentionally impossible to mod so they don't get dunked on by their own fans again.
>>
File: puma.jpg (6 KB, 152x190)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I'M ZOOOOOOMING
>>
Man I love how the grayhound canister shot has no warning or sign that it's gonna use it unlike grenades. So easy to wipe squads with it.
>>
>>858000
coh was always a rather blatant homage to hollywood WW2 BS. Similar to how 300 the film was an adaptation of 300 the comic book - not a retelling of the historical event.
Consider the intro to the nighttime sniper mission where you watch conscripts freeze to death and immediately after your female scout snipers quip that it isn't even that cold.
>>
File: goliath coh2.webm (2.2 MB, 1600x900)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB WEBM
>>901274
>So easy to wipe squads with it.
I wish it was even a quarter as good as the CoH1 Stuart canister shot, now that was a squad-wiper. The CoH2 one is extremely RNG favoring minimal effect. My advice if you find even weaksauce shit is wiping squads, pay attention to your squad's stupid clumping AI. In CoH2 models like to clump around wonky geometry/cover, and if they get hit while doing it it pretty much guarantees a wipe regardless of what hits them.
Pic unrelated, I just like it.
>>
Where do i get the all out war edition (i think that's the one where they basically give you everything)? I'd like to get all the commanders but even with the steam sales they're too expensive to buy on their own
>>
goliaths are soulless
>>
>>850692
Absolute
>>
did relic subtly fuck up a load of the commander portraits? I reinstalled and they all look weird
>>
can someone explain how this shit is NOT pay to win?
>>
>>904394
it is. you cannot win matches if you don't own the game, which costs money
>>
>>901558
How the FUCK are the pushing that 57mm so fast?
>>
>>904394
What makes it pay to win, anon?
Did some off-meta commander take you by surprise so you are upset?
>>
>>904378
One of the latest updates got a lot of portraits redrawn for some reason.
>>
>>901782
NOTHING STOPS THE MAIL
>>
>>901182
I was talking about hard modding, not using the official gimped tools. Hence "figure out a way".
>>
File: 1615843288214.jpg (2.06 MB, 2592x1944)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
won a match, was good. pic related, lmg cancer blobs btfo
>>
>>900723
>lelic do a good thing
>is unique and fun and generate sales
>players are left wanting more of it but instead focus goes to MP
>>
>>904437
i got this game for free, can't remember when so...
>>
>>904394
you can easily win with the stock commander, problem is a lot of the fun commander is stuck behind paywall or endless grind
>>
Are the units in the campaign different from their mp counterpart? I'm going through the soviet campaign and i when i garrison an MG it doesn't give me the option to change the direction it's facing but they're supposed to have an ability to do that. Did the add the ability in a later patch and didn't bother to add it to campaign too or am i missing something?
>>
>>910142
yeah the multiplayer ones are separate entities according to various sites showing unit stats. it's because fixing multiplayer balance would break singleplayer
>>
if this game was too easy for you or you found it retarded play mowas or gates of hell
>>
>>910142
Yeah, they're different.
>4 different types of conscripts
>3man weapon teams for Ost
>unpinnable penals
>221
>2 man sniper teams
>>
using light mechanized builds is bullshit op in 2v2s.
My build was 2 MG>Pio>BP1>Flamethrower>PzGren>Tier2>PzGren>251>Pak
micro intense? maybe but the moment you get your first pzgren both of your pios are upgraded with throwers and by the time you get your 251 out both of your pzgrens have g43s now. Shit just stomped Prestige 100s in the last 4 games I've played

Tried this out with Assault Grenadiers and it's even more cancerous but you have to retreat or get back in the halftrack since they're fucking soft
>>
>>911942
>Prestige 100s
you know this doesn't mean shit right
>>
>>912045
kek yea, this isnt COD, buddy
>>
>>888079
more realistic than you ever getting laid lol
>>
>>910593
That’s actually clever foresight, I hate to see it when games go the way of Tiberium Wars and the campaign becomes a real pain to play because later balance patches make missions a lot harder due to economy or unit nerfs.
>>
>>911942
>My build was 2 MG>Pio>BP1
Sounds like a good way to get buttfucked by microlights
>>
>>850692
Yawn. Call me back when it isn't dead.
>>
>>917396
if everyone was like you, everything would be terrible
>>
>>917550
Everything already is terrible.
>>
What is better? 2 Pzgren with panzershreks with 2 Assgreen squads or 2 Pzgreen with panzershreks with 2-3 storm troopers?
>>
>>918221
both sound horrible
>>
>>918221
don't upgrade pgrens with schreks if you can help it
assgrens and stormtroopers bleed mp like mad, don't make too many of them
>>
>bundle grenades
shit game
>>
>>918548
>snares for basic infantry
Shit game
>>
>>918631
what's wrong with snares

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.