[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 98 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old thread has passed on, this is the new thread, I post my picture of a Byzantium => Roman Empire game ;D
>>
File: shekel.jpg (49 KB, 400x400)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Shalom, (((You))) earned your weekly shekel
>>
>>842427
what's the point of this post?
>>
>>842690
For everyone to come in and dunk on this garbage game
>>
>>842712
You're trying too hard
>>
File: 1635794563313.jpg (590 KB, 1920x1080)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
I've been trying overhaul mods lately. Conflux was cool, if unpolished
It adds these vic like stats so you have something to do while not at war, and also bad events for blobbing too much, which the stats help manage, but blobbing itself lowers the stats so there's always shit to do
But none of this shit is documented and the mod doesn't have a discord so I still don't understand how to get some stats up in a sensible manner. I only got out of low literacy for few years despite having inno ideas and universities everywhere. I think the school great production project boosts it too? The window on pic related is the only feedback for this shit so no clue.
The alt history is my-ck2-save tier and it seems the AIs blob the same way every game so I may be done with this one already but it's fun for a spin
>>
File: 20211120031953_1.jpg (487 KB, 1920x1080)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>unite the islands
>every german starts screeching and shitting themselves
>receive insults daily
>2 coalitions declare war on me
>they can't do anything
So this is how it feels being brittish
>>
>>842837
I've been trying MEIOU and taxes, along with Veritas et Fortitudo. Neither of them have particularly given me what I want - MEIOU is too fiddly and VeF just kinda.... I don't know, I just wasn't having the most fun.
>>
File: 20211120040853_1.jpg (544 KB, 1920x1080)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
>>843542
>france decides to intervene even though we weren't even allied
>gets fucked
>now the warscore is ticking against me
Explain this bullshit
>>
>subject rebels in outliner
I actually got hard.
>>
Why did Paradox nerf the steal dev mechanics?
It was one of the only reason I had fun playing as a OPM, making my own little constantinople in the middle of Germany.

But now it's gone.
>>
>>843585
>I had fun
This is why.
>>
>>843585
It was a way of circumventing the all important mana points and that might create enjoyment.
>>
>>843585
because they still haven't decided what kind of a game they are making, their eu4 game design is like random walk
>>
>almost 100 years of total blockade
>AI still won't white peace
bruh
>>
>>843585
It was nerfed because the numbers it was allowing were fundamentally breaking the "simulation." Not that development ever really had a 1:1 relationship with any actual aspect of the province, but a 65-70 dev London in 1820 was considered optimal behavior for years and the go to example of a huge modern metropolis. In 1.31, if your capital wasn't 70 dev by 1500 you fundamentally derelict in your play and if it wasn't 1000 dev by 1750 you were fucking up some crucial element of the game. None of the values connected to development were ever tuned to be dealing with numbers that big, and it made converting a lot of provinces fundamentally impossible. Even the AIs were pushing things to the absurd.
The biggest problem is that each tweak is driving them further and further away from the original stated design goal, which I'm just outright suspecting they are too incompetent to actually make real. Turning the development into points that are then used to attempt to dev clicks would actually be a pretty decent implementation if, like they said when the future was first introduced, it could apply to any of your stated provinces and not just the capital. Then, suddenly, it makes sense to prioritize moving development out of territories and stealing it from your enemies. It wouldn't create absurd screenshotable megacities that are implied to have the population of an entire continent, but it would still represent a substantial way to move development from unproductive peripheral land into your lower autonomy heartland, and incentivize taking the AE you get from pillaging every separate peace you do. At least with the old concentrate mechanics, some of the development would inadvertently pile up in one or two arbitrary provinces somewhere nearby your capital, but the nerfed system doesn't even bother to try doing that. It looks at your capital and gives up after 1460 because you've already taken the three pillage clicks your dev cost reductions can actually handle.
>>
>>843575
france used great power intervention or enforce peace to enter the war on your side then lost however many battles and peaced out, you now have less than -10 warscore from battles and the wargoal is show supremacy from battles so the coalition now has ticking warscore against you, if you want to salvage this war you're going to need to mount a landing and destroy a lot of their armies, once you get to +10 warscore from battles you'll get whatever ticking warscore they acquired and be able to peace out for war reps
>>
>"REEEEEEE, NO YOU CAN'T CONQUER EUROPE AND KILL HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN NONSTOP WARS WE HAVE TO PROTECT OUR INDEPENDENCE REEEEEE"

why are coalitions such butthurt losers? why can't they just be chill when I'm putting their neighbors against the wall and gunning them down?
>>
File: Untitled.png (111 KB, 821x228)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>842386
EU5 is never coming is it?
>>
>>844218
They couldn't even shit out a small DLC for CK3
>>
File: eu4_map_MEX_1802_09_30_2.png (275 KB, 5632x2048)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>842386
Here's my Bologna=>Mexico run for the Spaghetti Western achievement. I also got Sleepless in Seattle and a couple more
>>
>>844291
I haven't tried a colonizing nation yet. You have to release the tag to play as your colony or something? How does that work?
>>
>>844308
You have to release your colonial nation, but there's an option to play as them once they're independent
>>
>>844312
>once they're independent
Is that like a railroaded event?
>>
>>844321
No, it's a box you have to check when you're on the releasing screen
>>
>play cilli
>doing good in war agaisnt hungary, they have like 5k men
>randomly get inherited by austria
>all provinces i occupied outside of croatia are unoccupied
>lose the war instantly as all my warscore is gone and austria joins
>>
>>842386
Is there any reason to get the new expansion if you don't play in africa?
>>
>>845015

Not at all. I wouldn't even buy it if I played as Africans, but it's nice to have flavor since I just do the subscription anyways.
>>
File: godgeneral.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1080)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
noice. didn't even have to reroll for this beast, 3 fucking siege.

btw, since 1.32 has been released did anyone else notice the age of rulers is flexible? i did a test run and my ruler started age 31, now he's 29...
>>
I want to play outside of europe but cant decide which nation to play
>>
>>845286
make pretty japan
>>
>>845286
BIG KONG
>>
are any of the great projects/monuments interesting enough to check out in leviathan? it seems like the only interesting reason to even get the dlc
>>
>>845333
ye one in india gives 15% core creation cost reduction for hindus and one in malta gives 15% province war score cost reduction for everyone. the one in malta is pretty cool if you like playing in yurop or mena
>>
>>845286
Zoroastrian Persia is pretty fun. Though I'd recommend finding a mission expansion mod since their basic ones are crap.
>>
>>843542
tiny coalition that's why
>>
>>845286
Manchu or Mongolia, not Oirat mind you but actual Mongolia.
>>
>>844291
I wanted to play a Mexico for a while now for larping reasons, but I think I'm going to play Brazil first.
>>
is it possible to do colonial Hanover, and if so how?
>>
File: Cherokee Timelapse.webm (2.85 MB, 1280x720)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
Rate my Cherokee game
>>
>>846237
why did the native federation to your north change names and colors so much? where those tags?
>>
File: 1613394767578.jpg (36 KB, 570x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>846237
dear god are you playing native on a older beta? hope you liked wasting your fucking time doing jack shit
>>
>>846253
Well anon, it's very hard to blob when there's a million native OPMs allied and in a federation together. I'm talking 60k troops in total. But yeah, I could have expanded harder early-game looking back on it, it was my third time ever playing a native nation, so cut me some slack
>>
>>846245
I think it kept forming a new federation every couple of years. But as for why it suddenly lost all its tribal land in the last few years, I have no idea. Honestly, north america's still a fucking mess that paradox needs to fix
>>
i have no idea what to play as
ive only go t100 hours but every game i either stomp everyone after the first 50 years or get stomped myself in the first 10
how do i keep the game fun, bros?
>>
>>846308

Do achievement runs.
>>
>>842386
Formable Roman Empire is easily the worst addition to the game.
It marks the point where devs stopped giving about historical realism and just decided to pander to reddit memesters.
>>
Any recommendations for alt history mods and specific nations to try out? Already played Ante Bellum
>>
>>846308
start as opm and form countries like germany and italy
>>
eu5 should start at november of 1453
>>
>>846223
>form Hanover
>colonize shit
>>
>>846223
you get a free PU on england/gb if you're the same religion as them/they're anglican so why bother colonising when you can just let them do it?
>>
>>847037
because i want a german america and you can't change the primary culture of colonial nations
>>
>>847228
it's viable but you'd have to either no-cb an irish minor, steal the azores of portugal, yoink norway from denmark using the first age bonus or wait for dip tech 11 or whatever the second colonial range breakpoint from tech is
>>
So what am I missing about colonisation? It seems way slower than it was historically even if I use super buff colonisers like Castile. I have 540 hours on Steam and never could figure out whether I'm doing something wrong or the colony game is just slowed down to allow others to catch up.
>>
>>846026
Use Flavor Universalis I think it gives more to do with ZoroPersia without bloating it like those expanded mods
>>
>>846473
Are you telling me an empire that reforms the largest european continental empire in borders would not also take its name?
>>
>>847380
Yes. How would it make any sense? By the 15th century, all European culture have their own identity. Why would abandon theirs if they conquer specific territory?
>>
>>847419
>implying Russia wasn't reeeeing about being the third rome up until the soviets took over
>>
Sometimes its fun to play the strong nations like France, Castile etc. But The Ottomans feel so boring. It almost feels like they were more built for the AI to be the big bad blob you will most likely have to deal with at some point. I just wish they had a Mongol/HRE/Rome tier tag switch or something to shoot for.
>>
>download Origins DLC
>play as spain
>game's been good so far
>declare war with Marocco who's allied with the Ottomans
>been wrecking them with my ally Austria
>wiped out their shitty 80k doomstack with my 100k
>oops it seems like there's been an error while running the game.
>good thing I saved my game before the big battle
>oops it seems like there's been an error while running this game
>huh thats weird. It always happens around 1520. Lemme try it again
>oops it seems like there's been an error while running this game
I fucking hate Paradox and their legion of tranny codemonkeys so fucking much
>>
gonna try byzantium first time
>>
>>846237
>1550
>not a single european colony in the whole Caribbean

What the fuck?
>>
What do you think are the minimum system requirements to run EU4 with all expansions well?
I'm looking to buy a laptop that I can play on but I don't want it to shit out on me
>>
>>848636
Castile got PU'd and Portugal was busy further south maybe?
>>
>>848494
Yeah, it's strange how much France got related in terms of flavor but not the great power of this period.
>>
>>850362
*felated
>>
how is 1.32 terms of performance ?
>>
>>848494
I think it's because ME hasn't gotten that major mission tree expansion many other areas has gotten. Maybe Anatolia/Caucasus and so on will get a revamp soon, I'd hope so at least.
>>
>>850572
better than 1.31 but slightly worse than pre emperor
>>
just redownloaded, pick a country for me to play please
>>
>>851810
orthodox ottomans with color changed to red
>>
>>851825
sounds fun
>>
File: Roma.png (202 KB, 5632x2048)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
First Roma for Mare Nostrum with Aragon
>>
File: Osman.png (209 KB, 5632x2048)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
First Otto game after a long time learning the mechanics of the game. Haven't done a world conquest game yet.
>>
File: 20211126202646_1.jpg (699 KB, 1920x1080)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
>>842386
>cheapest merc costs 179g, most is 300+
>that maintenance
What the fuck is the point of mercs?
>>
>>852458
To take away your army professionalism
>>
>>852458

Mercs are meant for you to over-leverage yourself and do rapid early expansion or survive a death war. You risk bankruptcy but if you win you can make the loser pay back some of the cost or expand faster to make your loans smaller in proportion to your income.
>>
File: 20211126225000_1.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>852514
Still, it's way too fucking expansive. 1k and 22 maintenance for the black army? It's cheaper to just go over the force limit, and I'm using ideas to make mercs cheaper.
Also, this is the first time I've seen the Netherlands forming.
>>
>>852458
They have their own manpower pool.
>>
>>852458
>>852660
this. try playing in areas with a shitload of attrition like africa or SEA. even your mercs will be out of manpower through sieging alone.
>>
>>852934
Who cares about manpower when you have quantity ideas?
>>
>>852953
you care about manpower before you get a shitload of mil development and quality
of course at some point you stop caring at all about anything.
>>
>>852970
*quantity
>>
>league wars fires up
>PC starts sweating
What a clusterfuck.
>>
>>852991
I call them the "lag wars" for a reason. You can tell they fired no matter where you are because of how much the game slows down.
>>
Anons is it worth it to claim the mandate of heaven? I find that it restricts you plus the tributary system is bonkers and seems to exist only to keep Ming from steamrolling everyone early game. Other than flavor, I don't think it's been implemented well.

What are your thoughts?
>>
>>853307
are you posting this from 2018? mandate of heaven has been objectively good for like 3 major patches now
>>
>>853317
Why is it good? And why would it be good for map-painting Asia? The potential borders with all the tributaries around your territories will look like bordergore and expansion will be weird.
>>
>>853324
you don't need to use tributaries anymore, you don't lose mandate from having neighbours and most of your mandate comes from prosperity and the bejing wonder, it's good for map painting because the 4th reform is 20% core creation cost and the 5th reform is +1 to ruler admin score rolls for the rest of the game
>>
>>853329
Seems I was wrong then, haven't looked at it that good.

But about tributaries: Don't you gain mandate from them? Isn't in your best interest to have loads of them for quicker mandate? I'm at version 1.29 by the way.
>>
>>853337
tributaries give 0.15 monthly mandate per hundred development, it's fairly hard to establish tributaries on large nations, excepting Ming and their starting tributaries, it's not really worth the effort of tributatising small nations and then engineering their growth so using them for mandate isn't required or anything, and honestly tributaries are nice because they don't accumulate ae against you and if you intentionally make them disloyal and they break the relationship you don't get a truce against them
>>
>>853341
Thanks a lot anon, you were very helpful.
>>
How do I into Big Blue Blob without getting raped by coalitions?
>>
>>853458
ireland, finland-->Russia and using reconquest cb from released vassals, integrate after 3rd idea of influence ideas taken
>>
>>853472
I took Ireland and Scotland and had the whole HRE swarm on me
>>
>>852458
Merc balance is non existent. Johan is dumbo.
>>
>>852648
>"It's Russia never forms because they ally Ryazan so they can't take that one province needed" episode.
Every
Fucking
Time
>>
>>847376
Are you taking exploration + expansion + the policy completing both gives you + keeping pace with Diplo tech? If so you shouldn't have trouble with Spain, Portugal, England, or France getting their historical colonies at the very least.
>>
>>853509
For me its usually
>Russia never forms because they repeatedly release and re-conquer Novgorad ad nauseum
>>
File: 20211127165510_1.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>853509
More like
>it's another episode of never ending war because nobody can touch the anglos
>>
>>853458
no CB some fucking caucasus nation. spread AE between catholics/orthodox/sunnis as much as possible. great hordes steppe = still europe. hell, you could even no CB byz and beat the shit out of the ottomans with reconquest. its very little AE because orthodox/sunni, no catholic cares.

the fastest BBBs always go through south eastern europe, not scandinavia. scandinavia's a meme and too much catholic shit.
>>
>>847376
Are you going 1 colonist = 1 colony? Because if you're swimming in money, you can settle more colonies than the number of colonists you have, at an additional cost.
>>
>>853666
wait what
>>
>>853570
I do, yeah. Maybe I'm too autistic. Seems to me the AI settles where you settle instead of settling where it makes sense. Always fucks up the borders.

>England in Brazil for the 50th time

>>853666
It's a good tip but yeah, I do that already. Usually when a colony gets big enough, somewhere between 700-800 people and the colonist boost chance goes down quite a bit.
>>
File: 20211127182718_1.jpg (644 KB, 1920x1080)
644 KB
644 KB JPG
>Spain is 8k in debt
Can countries even implode in this game or is the AI not affected by/cheats certain mechanics?
>>
File: eu4 1.4.1 1444.jpg (655 KB, 1680x1050)
655 KB
655 KB JPG
Fuck it, I'm done with Leviathan and Origins. I'm reverting my game to 2016
What should I play as in 1.4.1
>>
File: byz1.4.jpg (674 KB, 1680x1050)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
>>853807
>maintain my occupations because the rebels have a glitch where they keep moving provinces without ever sieging
Shame this probably got patched soon after
>>
>>853807
crimean and teutonic borders look based as fuck
>>
>>853807
was this when timurids were still a horde?
>>
>>854007
I'll check later, it's only 1475 now so Timurids are still terra incognita
>>
>>853509
>Russia will literally never betray their shitty OPM horde ally
>Russia will happily break alliance with me if I let improved relations go below +80
I can't be the only one who's had this happen repeatedly
>>
File: byz 1.4 pt 2.jpg (597 KB, 1680x1050)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
Alright, that's all for today. I kinda hate the borders, and Bulgaria's king is way to expansionist. I hope he dies soon so I can actually vassalize them. Retake Anatolia by 1550 goal
>>
>>854083
I don't like that QQ colour
>>
>>853458
Ludi has a guide for it yes he's annoying, but he knows what he's doing. There's still a coalition, but you can avoid a lot of it if you just go slower than he does. He seems to like them.
>>
French england or english france?
>>
>>854203

English France because its fun treating mainland Europe like an expendable colony.
>>
>>853688
When your colonist has arrived and started building a colony, you can remove him and send him somewhere else. It costs a bit more money.
>>
>>854303
But if you recall him wouldn't the colony just seize to exist?
>>
If you are Qing is it better to make south asian lands trade companies or states?
>>
>>854326
no it's not. it's just grow slower since no colonist mean no assimilation event
>>
Haven't played since the early Emperor days. I might want to do a non-horde WC. What has changed and what 'meta' things do I need to keep in mind now? I don't know jack shit about concentrating dev or monuments.
>>
>>854489
The one and only meta that there ever way and always will be is core creation costs, tech cost and infantry combat ability
>>
Where 2 colonize first as Spain.

Also damn does the ai colonize fast, already got england exploring texas by 1514
>>
File: byz 1.4 pt 3.jpg (655 KB, 1680x1050)
655 KB
655 KB JPG
>>854137
I was hoping it'd be gone, but... no such luck

Anyways, here's 140 years in. I'm a few decades behind on my Anatolian goals, but I've made up for it in italy and the balkans. Also... what the fuck?
>>
>>855211
wtf
why are you playing an outdated version anyway?
>>
>>855239
Leviathan and Origins are unplayable, I'm doing this out of protest. >>853807
The old siege system is... not nice
>>
>>855211
Damn, you're going slow as fuck.
>>
How are you guys enjoying the Kangz DLC? Having a lot of fun with the events in the Ethiopia campaign. Really nervous about the Ottomans, though. I'm way too far behind to find good allies at this point. I only have Naples, Portugal, and Yemen. Trying desperately to get any decent ones I can. Doesn't help that my generals are ass. Already had to defend against them in one war and it was frightening.
>>
>>855278
Forgot image.
>>
>>855281
>France dun goofed as always since idk 1.28?
It's a mystery how can this country so consistently fuck up in the hands of AI even tough it should steamroll easilly.
AI Sardinia-Piedmont tough.
>>
>>855262
Explain your autism. I'm playing it just fine.
>>
Why do people play with colored wastelands on?
>>
File: 72983986.jpg (32 KB, 516x484)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>855323
>Explain your autism
No
>>
>>855333
Wow rude but nice trips
>>
>>855320
Integrating their vassals weakens them in the short term and it takes them a while to pick up enough ideas to get Elan. This weak period is around the time they typically have to fight for Burgundy and the Spanish & perfidious anglos are ready to fight them, so it's easy for them to get dunked on by several countries in a row.
>>
>>855320
The other AI just turns on France so easily
England, Burgundy, and Austria all have compelling reasons to team up on them
The only real potential major ally they have is Castile, who has far greater incentive to buddy up to Austria instead
>>
>protestant reformation DISGUSTINGLY strong
>every central-western european country joins protestant reformation, even north italy
>even spain and portugal are converting

Anyone else?
>>
>>855345
>>855364
Yeah but remeber the times of Big Blue Blob? When was it last time you saw it? I don't even remeber.

>>855367
It's been like this for ages. Every game everybody converts. Usually whole Italy and Poland sometime even Spain. Everybody excpet Scandianvia.
They don't give a shit and won't nerf it.
>>
Ethiopia Anon here. Had to quit. Ottomans slowly chipped away at me, the printing press never despite me devving it, and Ottomans kept fighting Austria. Who had not only integrated Hungary, but had Britain and Burgundy under PU. What the fuck do you even do when Ottomans are that strong? If I reject the call, I lose my biggest ally and he can pick me off anyway. Cuntstria even gave away one of my provinces in the peace deal
>>
>start game
>blob until too much ae
>get bored
>blob more because i'm bored
>get rekt by coalition
>1444

Is this game actually bad?
>>
File: eu4_2021-11-29_01-12.png (3.95 MB, 1920x1080)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
>>850610
Wasn't the rumor that after the Scandinavian expansion thats next that the middle east/Persian area was last? That whole area feels really behind the times unless you rush Mughals. But Timmy itself along with Ajam/Persia on top of the Ottomans all feel really barebones.

I really do hope they give a lot of love to Persia especially. People always talk about the Ottomans vs the Christian world but i do feel like the Safavid Persian resistance against them is really underrated.

Anyway in my Prussia game that area is super interesting as the Timurid's formed Mughals so you got super strong Ottomans, growing Russia and 5th ranked Mughals all bordering each other in some way.
>>
File: 1628974942156.png (765 KB, 585x663)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
What is the best way to dismantle a big blobbing country?
Is forcing them to release countries waste of diplo mana?
Would it be a good argument if you were not trying to gain AE but still wanted to fuck over your rival or a domenoering country with your allies.
>>
>>854443
what the fuck how did I never know this, had it already been like that?
>>
I'm too dumb to learn this game, never feel like I'm using all of the resources and features available
>>
>>855684
Even good players just remove the second-to-last step and still go through all the rest of it. Once you know how to blob properly the game gets pretty boring if you don't care much about challenging yourself.
>>
>>855664
You can abuse AI by baiting them to siege some mountain fort (military engineer advisor, defensive ideas, defensive edict, salt province ideally) so they get ungodly amount of attrition but Otto AI is usually so wealthy it will counterspam you with mercs anyway. Also your alies will do nothing, that's how it goes.
I ran into same probelm as Persia. We were both roughly same dev but best I could do was to whitepeace them. Even tough after the war they had terrible debt and no manpower they were back at stirring shit few years later. Also no rebellions for them whatsoever.
tldr: You can't do shit, the only option is to remove kebab early.
>>
>>855826
Persia was left in dust and I can't really understand why. They were major power but instead we got fucking abbos who have more events and ideas.
>>
>>855849
Full occupy, fully devastate, take cash and war reps, force them to break alliances, take forts. Give mil access and/or subsidies to anyone that has reason to attack them. Do NOT guarantee or warn; that'll simply stop them from attacking. Immediately ally anyone they attack so you get called in despite truce. Attack anyone they ally, even if they won't defend and you can't take anything. You want to be at war with them as much as possible and tank their prestige for refusing. Land is worthless if it's occupied.
>>
>hold Gold coast
>hold Cape of good hope
>conquer India
>win game
Its just that easy
>>
>>854163
ludi doesn't know what he's doing a romanian sex pest living in tokyo who word for word copies other people's guides
>>
>>855274
the game was generally slower then
>>
>>855826
> the Scandinavian expansion
Fucking hell. Is there anyone who actually gives a shit about Scandinavia? It's the most boring region of any game it's in bar maybe CK. I would rather we go directly to Middle East and Persia, the actually interesting areas.
>>
>>856082
Are Scandinavia's ideas still worse than Sweden's?
>>
>>856082
In CK it's still boring as shit. It's too easy to create the Empire title and reform the religion with your first character.
>>
This game is racist
Why can't I form a Black ethnostate in Africa and colonize europe?
>>
>>856154
But you can
>>
>>855898
How do I properly blob then?
>>
>>856095
Try starting as a tribal count, not one of the meme sons of Ragnar. No rerolling allowed, even if your character and heir is a weak pussy.
Also try Charlemagne date before the Viking age actually starts, when you can only sustain your economy by taking captives.
>>
>just started playing
>finish all the tutorials
>start a game as Portugal because I hear they're good for beginners
>immediately spend all my ducats making infantry
>take them to that bit of Morocco I own, I'm broke
>no more money is coming in
>random event lets me get some ducats by selling church land
>buy more infantry, move them all to morocco
>now have 22k stack there
>regency ends, can finally declare war
>war declaration window tells me I have more infantry, cavalry and reserves than Morocco
>declare war
>win a couple of battles and take tangiers after an assault
>30k stack comes out of fucking nowhere and wipes me out

What's going on? What did I do wrong?

Am I going to have to watch hours of youtube lectures to learn how to play this?
>>
>>857842
>hours of youtube lectures
It's one option. I learned by savescumming liberally and opening google for every little thing I didn't understand.
In your case, AI probably wasn't at force limit (it never is in peacetime) and after the battle they hired troops+had reinforce tics.
>>
>>857842
Btw, as Portugal you don't need to beat up Morocco. You can ally Spain and just chill and make a colonial empire for a while and bully technologically challenged nations overseas.
>>
File: 1.4 pt 4.jpg (571 KB, 1680x1050)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
>>855344
Nice dubs, I'm feeling less autistic now; I don't actually think they're unplayable, they're just not particularly impressive, especially considering the fact that Paradox has neglected CKIII and killed Imperator for it. I don't think this is an unpopular opinion.
>>855274
Yeah, pretty much every mechanic still present is watered down, and every single province needs to be sieged down and costs a ton to annex.
I made up for it by playing tall but... I may have played too tall. My economy is way bigger than it needs to be and all my technology is behind. Even if I spammed a huge army, I don't think it's wise to take on the enormous alliance chain in Spain and the HRE. So I have a few decades left, but I think I'm pretty much done.
I'm just pissed that there's been a Hunyadi on my throne since 1500. RIP Palaiologos
But hey, if anyone wants to see me go at a half decade old version of the game, just name a cunt, I have nothing better to do.
>>
>2 hours saving byzantine
>doing good except for debt that im getting rid of
>instantly out of nowhere venice declares war for some random province
>austria refuses call to arm while at peace
>same with knights
>same with albania
>same with trebizond
>same with every other fucking ally
>with all allies combined i'd outnumber them by atleast 70 thousand
>campaign over, all my allies are fucked aswell
fucking retard ai, what causes them to think like this?
>>
>>859141
>campaign over
it's literally not, don't be retarded. just use mercs to wipe out the troops Venice sends in by boats and keep going until they white peace. by then, your allies should be in a stable position and they'll ally you back more willing to defend you in the future
>>
>>857842
I'll be honest, I know of zero people who have 'taught' themselves PDX games. It's just trial and error until you get used to it. I remember my first game as the Ottomans and struggling to expand past the balkans and anatolia
>>
>>855849
Depending on their size, you can try to ally one of their rivals and call them into the war. Full occupy the target country and transfer all occupations over to their rival. Make sure to do this on the first of the month, mothball all of their forts first, and have at least 1K sitting on them so you can siege it back instantly.

AI is forced to peace out if they have 100% warscore, and rivals fucking hate eachother so they'll wreck the country. It's even better if they can take no land, like Austria with Ottomans or Poland. In my latest game Austria forced the Ottomans to release bulgaria, which is like >100% warscore gone from the ottomans.

AI will usually peace out in about 10 to 15 days, after that it's a couple of months to siege everything back up (the capital can be kind of iffy but isn't usually necessary) and you're golden for another 99% peace deal.

It's a shame in 1.32 AI guarantees countries they release, this strategy used to be much more worthwhile when the released countries had 0 allies and 0 troops on day 1.
>>
Genuine question here, why is it that there aren't even any known plans for an EU 5 yet?
>>
>>859659
unfortunately they're not done with milking EU4. there'll be baltics/scandinavia DLC, ME DLC, South america DLC, and whatever other crap they can come up with.

hell they'll probably come up with ANOTHER native rework for memes
>>
>>859659
Technological advancement plateau
Compare the first iphone to the one released three years later, to the one released this year to the one released three years ago. EU4 is aesthetically and technologically up-to-date, and a cash cow.
>>
-Ruler stats should affect estate influence (better stats = lower influence, vice versa)
-Anglican should remove the male ruler requirement for defender of the faith
-provinces with your primary culture and religion should use up much less governing capacity

Reply to this post with small ideas you’d like
>>
>>859799
removal of +sailor/manpower/fl and coastal defense buildings
removal of free starting merchants, num_of_accepted cultures and missionary
intolerance and unaccepted culture revolt risk is multiplied on 2 or 3
cultural cores never expire
>>
>>859832
>cultural cores never expire
isn't that already in the game? or are you talking about CU countries not losing cores on CG provinces?
>>
>>842386
Rome is your cap right?
Why are you collecting in Genoa and not Venice?
You already get everything in Genoa, and you're pulling trade to Venice, without getting it.
>>
>>859141
You might still win it. Or whitepeace them. Or worst case scenario give them that province and roll with it.
>>
>>859799
>provinces with your primary culture and religion should use up much less governing capacity
Isn't that the case?
>>
>>859834
no, there is something like "french cores do not expire on french provinces" , but, for example, any other french tag will lose every core after some time. It harms the game, because the only way to weaken nation after expiration is to conquer it, without any way to cut in parts.
>>
>>842386
>>859849
You're right.

It's a noob trap not to collect in multiple nodes. He has also significant trade power in the english channel (see:london)

Many of the nodes he's transferring in don't need any transfers at all as everything is flowing into one of his nodes anyway. Sure, daisy chaining get you more money but not if you're outright ignoring entire nodes full of ducats.
>>
>>859909
No I think it’s only dependent on dev and buildings (excluding whether it’s in a state or territory)
>>
>>859799
>Ruler stats should affect estate influence
Afwul idea.
>>
Shattered retreat is such a horseshit mechanic.
>>
>>859933

I conquered my way westward and set merchants to collect because I had extras and figured I should pick up value in nodes where I had only partial control and there was no other node further westward where I could catch it. I never fixed it until Rome became my capital and you guys pointed it out.
>>
>>859161
it's over
>>
Why do allies refuse to link up with your forces?
Skanderbeg is currently trying to take a fort with not enough men, and will not intervene in the 32-24k battle next to him.
He is not prevented by any forts and the enemy army is lower morale and has a worse general
>>
File: 1625601521035.png (2.73 MB, 1920x1080)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>855430
Is this BBB enough for you?
>>
>>860102
>Meiou
BLOATMAXXX
>>
>>860128
That is definitely not MEIOU, looks like a graphical mod
>>
>>860086
fucking again, what the fuck is wrong with paradox ai?
>>
>>860179
usually when you can get the ally to attach to you they'll stay attached.

weirdly enough it might depend on the monarch personality or something, ive seen nations attaching all the time and others never, ever doing it within the same save.

like i remember when playing novgorod i allied the great horde, which has crazy units in 1444, and they attached to my 1K army and stayed attached. meanwhile lithuania didn't do shit and just ran around all day even tho i was trying to get them to attach.
>>
>>860086
You have to put a division in the province above Athens and he usually attaches to it.
>>
>1.32.1 crack STILL not out yet
>>
>>859961
Is that where you only retreat one tile?
How does it work? Wtf are the conditions?
That's the most infuriating thing in the game and makes me rage quit.
>>
File: 20211202212415_1.jpg (618 KB, 1920x1080)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>860102
Never played France in 1876hours of this game. Got the BBB Achievement in 1479, gaining the PU over Bohemia and Castille was helpful, but goddamn the AE and Coalition seems to be upped a lot.
What should i do next guys? Dismantle the HRE or become Emperor? Try a WC ( i often tried, but i always get bored around 1680 because there is no challenge anymore ).
>>
>>860271
>german
>discord
>talking about islam
hello muhammed al ahmed saladin the fourth
>>
>>860271
>there is no challenge anymore
There is a difference between "I could beat anyone at this point" and world conquest. World conquests are boring, you need to take the right ideas, always have enough monarch points for any situation, handle overextension, be quick with sieges and rebellions etc, but being able to curbstomp everyone on the map isn't the same thing as being able to paint the map before 1821.
>>
>>855849
>Is forcing them to release countries waste of diplo mana?
Unless you're swimming in diplomatic points, usually it's more helpful to take one province from that potential country, release the country yourself, and then reconquer all the rest in the next war for 0 diplomatic points.
>>
>>860132
>>860128
Looks like Beyond Typus to me. Meiou has a way more retarded map.
>>
>>860496
I know the challenge of WC, but i am never lacking mana or anything its just a time sink without effort, but i get what you mean. dunno, maybe i should play mp more, its more fun than sp
>>
>>860479
i hate discord notifications, but you have to join discord servers in paradox games, but i hate the communities and the political stuff on there, i just want to play the game with other adults, not with american zoomers who constantly screech about "susus amongus" or retarded /pol/tard stuff like you posted. maybe i am too old for online gaming but the culture is so fucking retarded.
>>
File: byz 1.4 pt 5.jpg (615 KB, 1680x1050)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
>>859086
Actually finished it, still couldn't get that shitty dynasty off the throne.
I have one province far separate from all the others, guess what.
>>
File: byz 1.4 encore.jpg (649 KB, 1680x1050)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
Also wanna show this because of the Pope's new home, that border gore, and North Korea.
I'm glad I got the name looking nice and big, even with that weird little one in Italy. Was actually plenty of fun. Hope someone suggests a new cunt so I can play this ancient patch again.
>>
File: image.png (1.09 MB, 746x781)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>860888
i miss these days
>>
>>860892
Of what exactly?
>>
>>860888
can you use in it a map from some newer version? best of two worlds: good map and not having tons of unnecessary numbers like power projection.

>>860893
when european powers were able to conquer overseas with base game mechanics
>>
>>860898
>can you use in it a map from some newer version? best of two worlds: good map and not having tons of unnecessary numbers like power projection.
I don't know how I could do that. I'm pretty sure every single mod I've checked out is too advanced for what this grandpa version. Honestly, it doesn't bother me.
I've considered doing a sort of tour and playing a few games on every patch available on steam, if that sounds interesting. Though I think I should do another one on 1.4 to actually look into the mechanics
>>
>>860208
>>860224
Nope, Skanderbeg will never fucking attach and is still continuing to occupy random fucking provinces for no reason at all, even attacking the entire otto army to do so
>>
Paradox baby here. After wiki diving and retrying a couple times I learned enough to be on the path to eating all of the new world world with Spain. Austria got huge and ate half of France, Papal states took over Italy and we're allied so I guess I'll crusade the Ottomans. What's another country that's fun after this campaign? I wanna try Austria and the HRE or Japan next but the HRE politics/League War and Mandate in Asia looks intimidating.
>>
>>861381
Japan doesn't have to touch mandate. I never do. In fact it's a good thing because you can force a Mingsplosion to happen after just a few wars.
>>
>>861414
Won't Ming try to fuck your day up if you don't submit to being a tributary or try to invade their tributary states? I've heard you can make them explode by going long enough without being a tributary but the details to that seems difficult.
>>
>>861426
You should easily have naval superiority over Ming once you've consolidated japan and should try to do some 5d chess with that island they have in the south.
>>
>>861426
Your fleet parked at their shores causes devastation. Devastation causes mandate drop. Mandate drop cases Mingsplosion.
Just have a strong navy. If they can't land in Japan, they can't swarm you with huge armies.
>>
>1477
>coalitioned into alt f4

That's a new record for me
Why does ae ruin this game
>>
>>862101
Just don't take too many provinces retard holy shit there's a number and icon that is specifically there for people like you
If it says there will be a coalition there will be a coalition
>>
>>862106
Yeah but if you're not taking provinces what do you DO?
>>
>>862108
dev provinces, tech up, colonize shit, help allies in wars
>>
>>860886
This is from before you they added formable rome right?
>>
>>862108
Prepare to take provinces in the future.

Really it sounds like you don't understand the causes of AE and how to manage it. Big ones are region, culture and religion. HRE has a special AE boost too. Just look up a guide on it on Youtube.
>>
>>862179
I understand all of this
What I don't understand is what the fuck I'm supposed to do in this game while I'm waiting for AE to go down
>>
>>862202
Integrate your gains. Build monuments and other shit. Have some more wars without taking land, just do it to humiliate your rivals for benefits and take all their money.

You can make it go down faster with good relations too.
>>
File: image.png (28 KB, 1438x297)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>862101
if you don't like ae so much, why would you not just remove it in settings?
>>
>>857842
>assaulting forts early game
Idiot.
>thinking enemy can't build new units
Idiot.
>attacking without an ally
Idiot.

Ally Castille, Curry Favors until you have 10 THEN declare and call Castille in, make sure at least one of your troops is the first to enter any coastal province, and do NOT merge your units if Castille is standing in the province until AFTER you siege it.
>>
File: instantinheritance.jpg (245 KB, 655x924)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
please die

i imagine it ll skip the burgundian inheritance entirely like this
>>
>>862202
AE spreads differently among different religions and also geographically. If you're coalitioned by Christians, go beat up some Muslims. To pull this off smoothly you need to plan ahead and react to opportunities.
>>
>>862202
no CB some poor shmuck. as long as you're doing it in your same supercontinent you can core right next to him.

what were you playing? suppose you're playing france. after a couple of wars you ll be full of AE everywhere. think ahead and no CB byz before the ottos grab everything. vassalize him and you suddenly have sick reconquests on ottos that generate no AE with catholics (even the no CB wont be much because byz is greek orthodox and even the italians barely care)
>>
>>861438
Even if they could, it doesn't matter. They're so behind on tech
>>
>>853807
Samefag here, I've decided I wanna try forming Germany. What nation at launch do you think is the most different from what it is today?
>>
>>862373
My coalition'd in 1477 was playing the Ottomans, so I already was switching between Christians and Muslims
They joined together in the coalition against me
AE so bad it's ending hundreds of years of religious conflict
>>
What mods let you restore the Macedonian Empire? I already know about Ante Bellum and Byzantium Strong
>>
File: bav.jpg (1.35 MB, 2560x1440)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>863084
Bavaria, right? Different color, actually exists, all that
>>
Is there ever a reason to pick the non Circassian ruler for the mamluks.
>>
I'm new to this, is it normal that the pace of the game feels slower than other strategy games? A typical civ game might take me 7-8 hours but in the same amount of time I've barely gone 50 years and haven't made much in game progress.
>>
>>863565
Alright
>conquer 2 OPMs right away
>grind coalition down to WP
>fuck its only 1450
>blue blob alliance saves the day
10 years in and I already fucking won, 1-dimensional mechanics feel good man
>>
File: bavaria1.4 1.jpg (647 KB, 1680x1046)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>864686
oops
>>
File: shock.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>four months ago
>decide to play a Byzantium campaign for the first time because I usually play Muslim countries
>blessed with a 6/6/6 talented and ambitious daughter at the beginning of the game
>after that campaign ends never play Byzantium again until today
>Starting heir died and starlight gave me a 6/5/5 daughter
>>864646
Play at high speed during peacetime
>>
Why is Ryzen so much worse for playing EU4 compared to Intel CPUs from the same generation? I literally got a 20%-30% speedup by switching from Ryzen 5 3600 to Core i5 10400F when those CPUs should be pretty close to one another in terms of performance.
>>
File: rip in pieces.jpg (640 KB, 1920x1080)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
OH NO NO NO

HAHAHAHA! Braindead AI Malwa is ded
>>
>>865247
Probably because EU4 uses only one (1) core and was "developed" back when Ryzen wasn't a thing, so for intel CPUs.
>>
>>861362
Not even even it's a 4 unit division of mercs?
>>
>>862202
Listen to a podcast, watch a movie or some shit. I can NEVER just sit there and play Paradox games unless it's a tough game where you're constantly doing something, if I'm playing a regional or major power there's a lot of idle time so get something to occupy you while you 5x speed through.
You really do not need to expand as fast as you are especially as Ottomans, and even as Ottomans, you should be able to win coalition wars if you aren't playing poorly.
I did the Saruhan game not too long ago, more or less the Ottomans but Anatolia starts fractured even more, was blobbing in the Balkans and Caucasus at the same time, would get coalitions from a bunch of nations joining at once, kicked the shit out of 3 over the course of the game.
>>
>>865666
I can't even imagine this
I get a million popups and it's impossible to filter through the trash ones to see the important info without paying constant attention

>even as Ottomans, you should be able to win coalition wars if you aren't playing poorly.

I almost certainly could have won the coalition war. That's not really the point
The point of coalition wars are unfun. They fucking suck.
And once you win, your reward is getting another, bigger one 10 years later.
>>
> anon had conquered stuff
> bored himself because he can't think anything to do until he can conquer a bit more
conquerfags, why are you even playing this game? is it so fun to press core all button once in five years for you? there are cool mods like shattered world + constant war against every neighbor that could give you much more enjoyment.
>>
>>863087
have you tried not sucking?
>>
>>855211
you are literally 100 years behind where you should be
>>
>>866000
>1.4
>released January 2014
>>
>>863501
Nation Potpourri on steam?
I think I only played it once and did West Rome, but never Macedon
>>
>>865897
>I get a million popups and it's impossible to filter through the trash ones to see the important info without paying constant attention
No you don't lol, talk about an exaggeration, unless you actually have every fucking notification turned on like some bumfuck nowhere country allying another.
Most events you're going to learn and remember overtime anyway, if you're stopping to read everything about them it's just because you're inexperienced. It goes faster later. That'll come with time.
And it sounds like you have PLENTY to do actually, at first you complained there was nothing to do now you have to pay constant attention to events. Huh.
>The point of coalition wars are unfun. They fucking suck.
Highly debatable. Winning wars massively outnumbered on multiple fronts is pretty fun to me. You seem to think the only thing in the game to do is war anyway, why not force coalitions so you can always be in wars?
I guess you just want to map paint instead without any opposition, but once you're done with that there's nothing to do according to you, so why be upset about coalitions?
>And once you win, your reward is getting another, bigger one 10 years later.
Yeah, if you keep blobbing like a retard. You really do sound like a retard, but I think you just dislike the game in general. Not sure if it's for you. No problem with that really.
>>
>>866096
how does that affect how shit you are at playing
>>
What's the niggerest nigger tag in africa I can play?
>>
>>866180
Portugal
>>
File: bavaria1.4 2.jpg (671 KB, 1680x1050)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>866124
>he doesn't keep track of mechanic updates
NGMI

Anyways, check it out, me and my vassals' borders in 1488 looked like Bavaria's did in 1444, just bigger. How silly.
>>
>>866180
Play the great lakes nations they have an achievement where you get all the tech
>>
>>866465
>they have an achievement where you get all the tech
What does this mean? Do you have to get all the tech to get an achievement? Or is there some mission where you can get all the tech? Am I retarded?
>>
>>866180
Kongo
>>
retard blobbing game
>>
>>866910
>>
>>866470
>Am I retarded?
yes
>>
>>866115
>Winning wars massively outnumbered on multiple fronts is pretty fun to me.

Is there a way to do this that's actually fun?
Because mine has been to turtle in some mountain fort and let them throw themselves at me like idiots, which is long and time consuming and uninteresting.
>>
>>867270
I mean, that's more or less just taking any strategy I'd use to the extreme. I just take favorable fights, that's all. Some coalitions I take are very costly manpower wise but as long as I win, I win.
If you build many forts on your borders the AI typically spreads their troops out a lot so you can take them down separately. Try to use that to your advantage and constantly be moving around. Every coalition I fought in the Saruhan game was very fast paced.
>>
First time playing as Japan and colonizing the Philippines I noticed that unless I attack the natives until they're wiped out the colony will become Flip. Am I gonna have to do this for all of SEA? When I was playing Spain the America's all my colonies were Spanish. Phillipino rebels have been so obnoxious I was planning to culture convert /genocide the entire island chain out of spite anyway but needing to spend the extra mil power to attack natives is obnoxious.
>>
Protip for coalition management, on 1.32 guaranteeing a country and revoking the guarantee gives you a 5 year both sides truce. Use this on small countries that you think will join coalitions (outraged, 50+AE and less than 0 opinion) because they cannot join while they have a truce with you.

Paradox fixed a lot of exploits with 1.32 but this a ''new'' one.
>>
>>868022
>Am I gonna have to do this for all of SEA?
Yes. Only colonies in the New World automatically become of your culture.
>>
>>866180
Play as the memeluks, colonize the east coast, release and play as the colony, become the US and migrate back to Africa
>>
File: 1638953300662.png (2.42 MB, 2046x1357)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
Do you think paradox should make an EU5?
If not, why not.
If so, what's on the top of your wishlist for a new installment.

Also, no I don't work at paradox I'm just bored and curious.
>>
how do i start out as ottomans as a newbie? what do i focus on with all these buttons? So far my first ideas of things to conquer would be: Byzantium, Crimea, Kuwait and mamluks + your core things
>>
>>868263
yeah just do the mission tree, conquer constantinople (byzantium) first, then the turkish beyliks, some orthodox countries like serbia (for the gold mine) and then you should be ready to challenge the memeluks and the rest of your culture group.
>>
I hate Ludi. I hate Ludi so goddamn much. I wish Reman or Alzabo were anywhere near as prolific as him because I hate him so fucking much.
>>
>>868349
ludi is trash
alzabo is tierlist trash, but he does put work into his meme scripts
Reman is trash because he doesn't upload
>>
>>868361
only thing I wish for would be that lambdaxx would shit-talk other toobers more, because he certainly has opinions on them and has the autism to back it up
>>
>>868349
Reman is also a bit of a retard, I don't think he has played the game for the last 2 years. Whenever I come across his takes on the forum they're pretty much always bad or based on info from 20 patches ago.

We need marco antonio back.
>>
>>868361
>>868349
Ludi may be an obnoxious faggot but he's quite pedagogical.
>>
>>868489
That is true, but his thumbnails and memes are too much for me. Habbibi is like that too
>>
Just got the game. Any required mods or DLCs to get?:
>>
>>868489
Fuck you for making me look that word up faggot just talk like a normal human
>>
File: bavaria1.4 3.jpg (604 KB, 1680x1050)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
'ate old sieging
'ate old warscore
'ate old annex cost
'ate old coalitions
luv tan bavaria
luv vassal swarm
still better than leviathan
simple as
>>
>>868349
>stackenwipen
There's a drinking game there if anyone wants liver failure.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.