[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: WGRD.jpg (1.85 MB, 1920x1080)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
>No Wargame thread
I'm disappointed. Consensus on the South Africa DLC?
>>
>>809410
Has dumbfuck Eugene pulled their head out their ass and decided to make Wargame 4 yet? After failing with Steel Division 1 and Steel Division 2 and that random ass C&C Generals clone...
>>
>>809514
They are better off making DLCs for WRD. They don't have staff to make a new Wargame that would be good. Take a look at SD2, it's a fucking turd.
>>
The worst part about WRD is the maps, I dislike it how they all have the same theme and in some way ALB felt like it had more variety on that front.

That being said, it’s also a shame that the AI so terrible, as I have some friends that I could rope into the game (and maybe sometime bring them in proper versus) if we could play some fun compstomp games, but god damn the AI is just boring to play against. If it was even Steel Division level, I would be very happy about it.
>>
>>809410
I think they're pretty fun but I haven't played much of them myself, pretty hit or miss and map dependent.
>>809599
Same with the AI, only reason I have friends that I can play with is because we learned the game together, trying to get anyone else into it is a extreme struggle because the AI is only good to teach you just about the bare minimum. Once the time comes where they have to fight actual players it just leaves anyone new getting stomped and frustrated.
>>
>>809410
>Became completely irrelevant when SD2 Competitive came on the scene
lol, cold war trannies BTFO
>>
>>809410
SAF is a meme faction for the most part, big problem is that because you have no actual tanks, you can easily be overran by a NK armored deck. Besides that, as all the DLC nations they have a few OP units, like the rooikats and shit.
>>
>>809537
Steel Division 2 is a great game, the playerbase is just small.
>>
>>809738
This

>>809410
I enjoy playing wargame red dragon but sometimes when my guys get napalmed or bombed or whatever and like 40 infantry just disappear in and instantly I get an existential twinge and feel thankful that I'll never have to fight in a war
>>
File: rooi105.png (1.56 MB, 1434x830)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>809410
It's okay.
SA isn't a solo deck and buying it won't give you free ranked wins like Israel or Yugo/Finland, its glaring inability to slug it out or push against opponents with medium quality or higher armor basically makes sure of that.
The biggest problem I have with it is that it's not really splashable in a mixed BLU deck, either. Almost all of its good units are protoshit and the best contribution it can make is the recon rooikats and the fucking recoilless rifle ferrets.
Not a bad deal for a tenner though.
>>
>>809410
The most fun I ever had with wargame was with Airland Battle. You could choose a 1970 or 1980 deck and swarm with many many cheap T34 and T55's. Because those decks boosted availability massively.

It was fucking glorious in 10v10 engaging high end NATO tanks entrenched in a bush and routing them with your T55 swarm from different directions, losses were enormous but it was fun.

Then of course the fun police complain that their leopard 2 was getting more than a scratch and the traditional peekabo from the trees autism way of playing was being ruined. And they nerfed 1980s decks availability drastically.

Fuck you Eugene. Why do you hate fun?!
>>
File: 34646436.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>809915
Same, ALB was the tits. So many memorable battles with custom rule sets. Now the series just filled with comp sweatlords and 10v10 high income spam matches. Fuck Eugene for killing the best game so early.
>>
>>809915
>10v10
opinion discarded
>>
>>809915
Taking the year availability boost pissed me off so much. There's basically no incentive to use it anymore.
ALB truly was the best.
>>
File: 34534.jpg (43 KB, 500x331)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>809954
This is you
>>
>>809963
>10v10
>"""fun"""
After the latest balance patch, bumrushing with swarms of cheap tanks and tank destroyers is viable in 1v1 even at the BrG level. I'm sorry that you're too shit at the game to have fun outside 10v10 clown fiestas.
>>
>>809950
>>809960
Glad other people missed that feature.
>>
>>809915
Wasn't ALB the last one that even made a modicum of an attempt at being realistic before sweat lords ruined even that?
>>
>>809981
The game is dead and stopped being fun years ago. Only people left are Razzmann circle jerkers and noob stompers trying to boost their w/l ratio.
>>
>>809996
This. Dead game is dead.
>>
File: Untitled.png (274 KB, 741x869)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
>>809996
If the game was dead, there would be no noobs. If there were no noobs, there would be no noobstompers either. You're coping so hard you're contradicting yourself in two sentences. WRD maintains half the playercount of Airland Battle 7 years after the release - and that's before you add the Epic playerbase, which is not insignificant. If this is dead, then AB has never been alive either.
>>
>>809410
Based and baasskap-pilled

Buy the SA pack today to own the kaffirs, commies, soutpiels and outside agitators
>>
>>809410
>still no hungary, bulgaria, romania
>>
>>809875
>and buying it won't give you free ranked wins like Israel or Yugo/Finland
They're that strong? Israel, I can believe, but Finland?
>>
>>810049
Holy seethe! Way to defend a dead game. I'm sure that you are a now a big hero on Discord.
>>
Red Dragon buff when
>>
>>810130
It’s still fun with friends[/friends]
>>
>>810115
FinPol is actually much stronger than Israel in ranked.
>>
>>810187
Wow.
>>
>>810187
Coalitions are gay
>>
What are China's strengths in this game?
>>
>>810188
Israel is strong overall, but far from being the strongest. It's mostly used to enhance the blu mech deck (which is one of the strongest in the game) rather than by itself.
Unspec FinPol is arguably the strongest deck in the game. It has a very strong motorized opener and a lot of tools to win a grind, there is really no weaknesses. It was nerfed in the last balance patch, so it's less easy to play now, but it's still very very strong.
>>
>>810206
WZ-551, 60pt recon tank, BM-24, PGZ-80, crotale, WZ-550 kinda.
>>
>>810206
Not much anything, they’re one of the worst nations in the game honestly.
>>
>>810233
China is far from the worst single nations, but it's still not higher than C-tier.
>>
bros...why wargame is so unpopular?
>>
>>810246
Nothing's intuitive, and you can't learn the game one element at a time without reading a few massive guides on steam
>>
>>810258
Also, the campaigns have been shit after European Escalation with its scripted but good missions, and the skirmish AI is horrid, so it is hard as fuck to get in the game as a new player. The singleplayer experience feels like glorified tower defense game, and more hinders than helps getting a grasp of the real gameplay strategies.
>>
>>810258
On top of that a lot of that is frontloaded asking you to build your deck with hundreds of units while you know little about the game.

>>810246
In addition playerbase is too small to reliably find reasonable matchups and nobody is playing ranked anyway. So you are left to join lobbies that are full of stacks of losers who like to pick on any newcomers to keep their 90+% win ratios meaning there is no way to organically learn the game and everyone quits feeding the cycle.
The only way to play is to join autistic "communities" full of russian nationalists and other weirdos.
>>
>>810408
The boot camp discord seems like it's full of European neets so that's good.

>>810246
It's got a high barrier to entry in terms of mechanics and game knowledge, and its old. If eugen made all the dlcs free and sold it for 15 bucks they could definitely get some fresh blood in the game but as is how do you rec this to a friend?
>>
>>810437
You tell them that it's one of the most detailed, overlooked RTS games. If he hates clickspam, it's his game. Lots of reading for people who love that.
>>
Did eugen improve tutorial section in Steel Division? They just need something cool like in Cold Waters. Maybe with fancy small video section that are popular in modern games. And why they decided to make WW2 shit game no one wanted?
>>
>>810482
SD1 was okay, I actually liked the smaller scale with more infantry tactics.
SD2 I have no idea why exists instead of new wargame. They clearly went back on most changes from SD1 to appeal more to wargame audience and I don't think anyone was actually happy about it.
>>
You'd hate to see it.
>>
>>810503
>>810482
One reason was they wanted to make Steel Division 2 to have a WWII game they fully controlled the IP on and fuck Paradox because Paradox Interactive Jewed them in the partnership and also a lot of people did want another WWII game. I really like Steel Division II. I get the gripe about the scale though, I think that's fair, but WWII really was on a huge scale on the Eastern Front, and infantry tactics I would say are still pretty important in Steel Division II, it's not quite like Wargame where infantry are mostly just units you put somewhere and forget about, infantry in Steel division II are a major force you push with and an infantry-heavy battlegroup is really viable, especially with towed artillery and towed AT weapons thrown in.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (31 KB, 981x800)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
only just got around to setting up hotkeys

what do u think
>>
>>809718
lol retard the community for SD2 is fucking smaller than WGRD, which is why they felt the needs to make another DLC for it, because they need the cash injection.
>>
File: 1515611854477.png (194 KB, 315x404)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>810130
>he doesn't have friends to play with
>>
>>809514
>>809537
>>809756
They could just port the assets of Wargame over with the QoL changes in SD2 and people would be happy with a wargame 4. Hell just give the maps a middle Eastern feel and reuse the assets for an Iraq, Iran force and done. It could be done by a mod team in less than a year. They have no excuse.
>>
>>810558
Okay that's fair, thy didn't want to keep making money for PDX if any WW2fags still wanted to buy in so they made their own.

First SD was lower scale and the more closed maps because bocage mean shorter engagement ranges and lent themselves more to infantry fighting. Also phase system got gutted in SD2, while in 1 there were more limitation on what kind of shit most divisions could bring early (though there were some unicorns and noticeable power creep with DLC divisions) so paratrooper divisions were more viable and interesting to play. SD2 infantry is way closer to WG and is mostly cannon fodder to bulk up pushes.
While it still had problems on it's own I liked SD1 more than SD2.
>>
>>811552
Iran-Iraq and India-Pakistan would be neat. Never going to happen though
>>
>>810558
How did Paradox jew them?
>>
>>809514
they should make RUSE 2
>>
File: file.png (82 KB, 483x131)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
I joined this guys 1vs1
T-34 rushed him and then quit once I hit his home base. He won't stop messaging me now lol
Worth it
>>
>>812838
doing god's work lad
>>
>>812823
Fucking rusefags never giving up after more than a decade...
>>
>>812823
For fucking real.
An eastern front with a 25-30 story mission campaign would be kino with all the capabilities and visuals available now.

RUSE put Eugen on the map.

Then again I still hold on hope to World in Conflict 2 with all the unanswered questions and cliffhangers.
>>
File: relieved.jpg (62 KB, 683x824)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>play literally any wargame mod
>it adds javelin
>I'm happy
>I play vanilla
>no javelin
>sad
>>
File: file.png (1.49 MB, 1138x711)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>814906
I am at peace
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 278x24)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
I beat some guy who has a W/L ratio of 78% with a T-34 rush. It's not even that hard to counter and it can be done with good scouting.

Man why's everyone salty. I just wanna T-34 rush more lol
>>
>>815566
>salty
It doesn't have to be a salt. It's boring as fuck to rush or to play against rushes in WRD. Ranked is one thing, you play to win in ranked, but in custom games I'd kick a known rusher too because I want to play actual games.
>>
>>815582
I offer an actual game after the rush.
>>
>>815666
>Hey I just jumped you and bumfucked you behind a dumpster.
>Next I want you to forget that happened and let me take you to dinner.

I can see that going down well...
>>
>>818579
>Thinks rushes and normal RTS gameplay are separate
Too many noobs.
>>
>>809410
I like the series, but the playerbase is either manic power gamers or freakshows who threaten to stab you in the face if you announce you're going to a capture point they wanted. I'm a 45% win rate kind of person and I, nominally, like my face as it is.
>>
>>819077
Are you, by chance, playing team vs team games with randoms?
>>
>>819083
Yeah, what else would I play?
>>
>>819155
1v1, like a functioning human being.
>>
>>819161
I thought that was where the power gamers hung out?
>>
>>819313
No, it's where people who actually know how to play the game hang out.
>>
>>819319
I'm sorry, but if you keep implying I'm good at video games and a "functional human being" I'm going to start taking offense.
>>
>>809410
Oh boy I can't wait to play all the new factions on the same handful of maps over and over. Why are Eugene so out of touch with the community?
>>
>>819733
Yup, the map pool is fucking depressing.
>>
I feel like this game is trongly biased towards blue(and yeah fins are not red faction its just dlc clownshow), you have overpriced kpvts and malutkas as red wich completely usless carry mediocre infantry and overpriced.
>>
Post decks. preferably 1v1s and multi decks
>>
File: unknown-2.png (2.85 MB, 1731x1142)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
>>819847
>>
>>819827
Blue is easier to play, but Putin has proven that red decks are incredibly strong in the right hands.
>>
>>819852
Wheres the fucking code you fucking donkey
>>
>>819852
>No tank
Boring and pointless
>>
File: 251060_20211104175317_1.png (2.19 MB, 1920x1080)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>819847
For 2v2.
>>
>>821022
>No LJ ‘90
>>
File: landjut1v1.png (1.33 MB, 1342x906)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>819847
I find it interesting how the meta for 1v1 differs from 2v2+
>>
The problem with wargame is that there's too many good players and not enough new blood.
Th good players want good games and therefore kick the newbies or the ones that suck. My win rate is about 40% and I get kicked a fair bit but due to the insisting about winrates games never start.

But then when you do get a lobby and it's full of green horns which all suck and the game is bad.

>>819854
>>819827
I have more wins as redfor than blufor. Mainly cos I'm forced to play more redfor
>>
I just want new campaigns, i know a lot of people didnt like them because the AI did nothing different each time you played, but i treated them like a complex puzzle game

SD2 just lacks any sort of character, SD1 had some charm but honestly the only good thing about SD2 is army general
>>
>>821810
There is zero incentive to pick Li Jian 90 over the base Li Jian. The lack of AT makes even 5pt vehicles an issue. The base Li Jian melt the enemy infantry anyway, they actually do it faster than the 90 because flamethrower shots obstruct vision.
>>
>>812838
No amount of winning at anything in life will ever beat getting into someones head so much that they have a complete breakdown. No amount of money can do that to someone, you need something else for that. Jeff Bezos&co, despite all their money, have likely not achieved this. And even when they do, it won't be as good as when you achieve it as a shitty pleb.
>Me, some shitty pleb of no note, managed to get into your head so badly you are now incapable of functioning properly.
>>
>>825993
I wargame ALB campaigns back. There versus campaigns were so good
>>
>>826055
alb had some nice bits, like the choices in the campaigns, but the actual fighting of the units got too samey for me, i dont know what it is but i just cant put my finger on it
>>
If it’s in the game and ain’t a cheat code or bug, it is a valid strategy.

If you can’t counter rushes of shitter WW2-era tanks, then you’re a subpar commander. You have to be prepared to deal with anything on the battlefield, no matter how ridiculous it may be.
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 154x83)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>826070
Im not talking about the Ai or fighting in ALB you could have someone play redfor in the campaign and another bluefor. Which made it pretty tough for either side.

>>826092
I agree, even the catpcha agrees. NGMI
>>
I love playing North Korea.
>>
>>812838
lol I play with that guy
>>
MzI5ODE3MDM3Nzc5NTQ3ODUxNA== anyone up for a game now?
>>
>>818922
sure but the community also frowns on helo rushes for the same reason - while a valid strategy, the game is exceptionally boring if it's a rock paper scissors of "which rush should I do to counter their rush?"
>>
File: motogp.png (1.21 MB, 1285x750)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>819847
@IDEDSKQ+pNoqSGzaixSijYpRRpmYzYbNTzFUnJM3bIxTpyYp2yQ4IzWKoUaP6zcJQaagheJHiRskbRHASKGhkZRKwj1takamknoZjGokmJbqW6FrpARP0A==
>>
File: landyacht.png (1.29 MB, 1288x846)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>819847
@IG8CCGtwzcE05OFcMTzmKJrTDIV58W4JFqM6Y0tvI+SPUumS3muBEEDGCoBN9IjiJAouTEY6FrYJVU6VKOA=
>>
>>830818
No biho?
>>
>>812838
>I joined this guys 1vs1
>T-34 rushed him and then quit once I hit his home base. He won't stop messaging me now lol
>Worth it
kek
>>
>>818579
works for women
>>
>>830818
>mixing japs with worst koreans
You know that they hate each other?
>>
>>830947
Not as much as they hate the Ch*nese
>>
>>830928
no biho in moto sadly
>>
File: god bless danmark.png (93 KB, 645x130)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>
>>810246
because it's too complicated for zoomers and women, thus no streamers to popularize it.
>>
>>831755
>>
I've become pretty good at crossing the bridges in gunboat diplomacy. No one expects it.
>>
>>834435
how do you do it well (other than fast)?
>>
File: file.png (1.8 MB, 929x861)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>834766
I usually attack in three waves

1) Opening push across the second Bridge
2) push across the main bridge with a smaller force
3) Helli flank

My opening sees me taking Napalm arty, fast units to get across the bridge, Crotales, and motars obvs.
>>
>>835578
Things to add:

Don't use hellis for the first wave since AA is going to be so prevalent, keep napalming the road so it takes longer for enemy deploy new units. Bring in hellis to support once you've crossed the bridge

Fast Medium tanks here are better than heavy tanks, make sure to keep things smoked up and use the ATGM for when enemies try to reposition their super heavy

In the event that they break through your defence force but your bridge crossing was succesful. Keep pushing into the deployment zone as it will make them take focus off your side. This should give you enough time to redploy and micro forces to retake your zone.

This strategy only works in the opening. I do have a bridge crossing strat for mid to late game.
>>
>>810246
Its the God of RTS. They just need to balance the decks and nerf the dlc decks. Plus add more redfor nations and maps, maybe randomize maps? I personally cant wait for wargame 4. Hope its set to late cold war to modern era.
>>
>>835592
Agree on maps, there’s not enough of them and most of them feel and look stale as fuck at this point. I really miss some ALB maps to be honest.

Also, if they want more player attraction and retention, FIX THE FUCKING AI. The truth is that majority of RTS players will never actually try to become competitive online but just like to compstop etc. with their buddies, but that doesn’t make them a pointless audience: skirmishfag money is just as valuable as compfag money. Also, having an AI that could work as a functional practice opponent would make the barrier of entry much lower, as the current AI is literally useless for learning how to play the game on strategic level.
>>
File: nork.png (3.31 MB, 2138x1080)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB PNG
Is this deck viable at all? I threw it together pretty quickly as some sort of rush deck, but AI stomps it pretty good.
>>
>>836200
Aw shit forgot to crop
>>
>>836200
AI knows exactly what your starting composition is and it picks counters at start. Also AI is not a good indicator of whether the deck will work rushing down other people, unless your intending to rush down the AI?
>>
>>836269
>unless your intending to rush down the AI?
No, I made it to play against some friends. Was thinking rush could make up for lack of knowledge I have compared to them.
>>
>>836335
Well to be fair, it is Wargame, everything works if you throw enough of something somewhere.

Some suggestions, get more Bochongsu, and drown them in blood. T34's might not have the fuel necessary to get to the enemies reinforcement sector and the armored component might be better off with tanks that can actually hit stuff while on the move. Don't forget to bring a cv along for the initial push, since decapping the reinforcement sector could swing it decisively for you.
>>
>>836349
I did notice the t-34's lack of fuel. I assume the tank would be best to bring along as it wouldn't outpace the rest of the armor and can fight back.
>>
>>836413
All tracked vehicles have the same onroad speed
>>
>>836200
No, it's not viable.
Don't use specialized decks unless you know what you're doing.
Don't use era-limited decks at all unless you build it specifically for meme era-limited lobbies.
Infantry tab has to fulfill the following roles: 10+5 meatshield (you've got that covered, but it's always better to take two cards), infantry with heavy AT, zoning infantry (ATGM or at least long range recoilless rifles), any infantry that comes with a good IFV.
Support tab needs a mortair (two are fine if you use it offensively a lot), anti helo missile AA, SPAAG, anti plane AA.
Tank tab needs a superheavy (160+ pt), a good medium (70-110). You can opt for two cards of heavy tanks instead of the superheavy depending on your nation/coalition (Leo 2A4 is more useful in general than Leo 2A5).
Recon tab needs at least one infantry card, an armed vehicle, a helicopter.
Vehicle tab is used to fill the remaining points, it has very few worthwhile units.
Helo tab is situational, but in general it's good to have a gunship with a turret (if the ingame model has a turret, then it functions ingame as a turret) and a 20+ AP ATGM helo.
Plane tab needs a high-tier air superiority fighter, a high-tier ATGM plane, a bomber (20+ HE). Also it's very good to have a dedicated helo hunter that has 4+ decent IR missiles and isn't faster than 900 km/h - if it's too fast it can't reliably use the missiles against helis.
You can only skip any of the above if your nation/coalition of choice doesn't have it. The rest is considerations.
Stuff that sucks and should be avoided:
<4 HE manpads (dedicated manpads is something you don't really need in unspec decks unless it's USA)
1 front armor vehicles
1 HE rocket helicopters
recon vehicles with very good or exceptional optics
supply helicopters
CV helicopters
napalm in general (with a very few exceptions like Buratino and the US Phantom)
Also read this: https://honhonhonhon.wordpress.com/how-to-get-started-with-wargame/
>>
I've been considering trying this game but I don't remember if it's even viable to play against the AI (I'm not a competitive player myself). Should I even bother?
>>
>>836711
You shouldn't. AI is irredeemably bad.
>>
>>836711
yeah the ai sucks but you don't have to be hardcore competitive to enjoy tonk battling
>>
>>836702
Shit advice
>>
>>836702
Jesus fuck this is neurotic, people play games like this? Following an exact guide just to get that min/max? Sounds like it would remove all the fun, but maybe that's just my retarded boomer take.
>>
>>837927
Dont listen to that tryhard faggot. Do what you want, have a brain and common sense you can make your own deck.
>>
>>837408
>>837927
Retarded zoomers have discovered a scary world of strategy games lmao.
>>
>>837927
zoom zoom
>>
>>837927
if you play the game enough you start to know which units over or underperform. its not autism its just playing the game and then passing that knowledge on to noobs. this is how things work.
>>
>>836702
>avoid recon vehicles with very good or exceptional optics
What?
>>
>>838267
FAGOT-sama, I kneel...
>>
>>838267
At least exceptionals tend to be somewhat overpriced, if we’re not talking about some of the better armed recon helicopters that are expensive but also super useful. But yeah, I also don’t get why one should avoid very good.
>>
>>838267
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqCmqMCn7ITnfchU8KZqE7NNBl2eAN3WM1yLD_C328U/edit#gid=1743223144
In short, you get very little benefit from upgrading your ground optics to Very Good or Exceptional. The only impactful characteristic of better optics is the ability to see non-stealth units out in the open further, but in practice you will have troubles utilizing it because of terrain.
Another downside is that ground vehicles with v.good and exceptional optics tend to have very poor combat capabilities for the price. This is a horrible tradeoff, because recon units also have stealth, and stealth perfectly synergizes with good weapons.
With that said, better optics work perfectly fine on helicopters because they are less affected by terrain obstacles.
>>
>>837949
Grew up with cmbb and cmak, nothing scary about building "decks". What bothers me is people not actually creating their own builds. Just seems braindead to use some noobguide that tells you exactly what to do. Where is the challenge/fun in that?
>>
>>838513
I'd like to add that there is another niche for high-tier optics: the ability to see stealth units concealed by a forest. But in practice it is sufficient to utilize recon infantry for this task.
>>838517
It is braindead to blindly copy decks of other players. >>836702 is general guidelines, it doesn't tell you "exactly what to do", and it doesn't even touch on the current meta. If you want to fuck around in team games "for funsies tee-hee" you can do whatever the fuck you want, but if you actually want to get better at the game, you need to understand what's efficient and what isn't. It's very hard for a new player to figure this out on his own because there is fuckton of variables in Wargame, and what's even worse there is a lot of hidden stuff.
I could've explained the exact reasoning behind each suggestion, but I'd end up rewriting paragraphs from the honhonhon guide with my ESL jozu English, so I'd rather not.
>>
returning player here, why aren't my niggers visible to other players in wargame chat?
>>
>>842164
Eugen censored the chat when they made a deal with the Epic store.
>>
>>819852
bruh
>>
>>836702
Fucking around with specialized decks is fun and everyone should do it.
>>838513
Your spreadsheet is the only source I've ever seen put exceptional optics at better than good over open ground in like half a decade. I seriously doubt that is true. The advantage to better optics is primarily seeing enemies in cover.
>This is a horrible tradeoff, because recon units also have stealth, and stealth perfectly synergizes with good weapons.
This is outright horrible advice. Stealth does not synergize with good weapons. Stealth is an important part of specific extremely broken units but it is far more than just stealth + gun = good. What stealth does is make generally strong units that are vulnerable far harder to nail.
You also do not want to be leading people into thinking the point of the recon tab is primarily for combat units.
>>838517
There is a lot of shit you can do. The dude is being overly strict, but ultimately it is your unit choices in the game. Certain categories of units are going to be vital; you wouldn't want to go into an AoE 2 game without trebs or you're just missing a core part of the game. Also some stuff is just bad, like many of the cheap spam units that were in that nork deck.
>>
>>844549
>You also do not want to be leading people into thinking the point of the recon tab is primarily for combat units.
I agree with everything you're saying but I do want to jump in and say that for some decks the recon tab has an afwul lot of great combat units, and basically every deck has one or two great combat recon units. its a mix like everything else - some inf is meat shield and some is for killing, some tanks are for forests and some are for open fields, and some recon is definitely for combat or for assisting pushes (or stalling enemies openers) while others are for hanging out in bushes and getting some vital vision.
>>
>>844706
Personally I'd say it's different to role splits in other trees because good combat recon are almost always in the recon role almost incidentally; rather than it being an archetype of good combat recon it's more about specific strong units happening to be there with recon as a bonus. Exceptions to maybe recon shock infantry/spec ops I guess. Maybe you could stretch it to Recon AA choppers but even then the Tiger, Ninja and KA-52 all get used differently.

A lot of stuff that's good there is just good even without the recon status. Longbows are busted because they have F&F ATGMs unlike other ATGM choppers. MAGLANs are busted because they're spec ops ATGMs. The finish recon LSTRs are good because they're LSTRs. And so on.
>>
>>844549
>Fucking around with specialized decks is fun and everyone should do it.
You can "fuck around" with any deck, but all specialized decks restrict you from certain units. Gimping your deck like that is only fun if you understand what's the tradeoff and how to utilize it.
>I seriously doubt that is true.
You can check it yourself.
>This is outright horrible advice. Stealth does not synergize with good weapons.
This is an unfathomably stupid take. I cannot even comprehend what you're saying. So you actually think that it doesn't matter if you put units in a tree line or out in the open? You believe an ATGM vehicle is better in all circumstances than an ATGM infantry squad due to better mobility? Because that's what you're implying right now. A unit that can sneak around and attack the enemy units while being hidden is as strong as its weapons.
>You also do not want to be leading people into thinking the point of the recon tab is primarily for combat units.
Tell me why would you ever waste a precious slot on a unit that cannot fight over a unit that can?
>>
>>819847
>>836200
@SskKiL0LRyonI+7F8Y5i+MaxcCZYwAuEWxl2LcxzGGJlA0OUxfAzCfifYmWS0kYtCdQgE9JE0QWyeUhFZR2Z9HuK0ImBFOhyYcFpET00VZGdR+GRdIriKmBhFhA=
This is how I North Korea. The T-90s isn't worth 170 points, go mech or moto spec.
>>
File: forkim.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>845696
>>
>>845590
>Gimping your deck like that is only fun if you understand what's the tradeoff and how to utilize it.
The best way to learn what certain elements of the game do well is to focus on using different parts at one time. If all you've got are good tanks you basically have to learn how tanks can be useful, etc.
>not being seen is universally good
>therefore the stealth synergies with good weapons
Stop being retarded. Stealth is obviously useful but that doesn't mean it's specifically useful for units with good weapons. Especially given firing weapons reveals even stealthy units the vast majority of the time. How often are you actually shot by something which you still are unable to see?
>Tell me why would you ever waste a precious slot on a unit that cannot fight over a unit that can?
Well that answers my previous question there. If you're so bad at Wargame you fucking don't use recon units then no wonder you think "stealth synergizes with good weapons".
You use recon units without good weapons because they are far more cost effective at spotting enemies, which is what they are there to do. Recon units spot enemies, combat units shoot at enemies. Recon units remain not exposed and you don't pay a recon premium on your expendable combat units.
>>
File: 2016-08-27_04-03-35.gif (3.96 MB, 628x250)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB GIF
>>845760
>If all you've got are good tanks you basically have to learn how tanks can be useful
If you think an armored deck only has good tanks, you don't understand how or why tanks can be useful. You still need 10pt infantry to absorb damage and AA and ASF to get rid of ATGM planes.
>Stealth is obviously useful but that doesn't mean it's specifically useful for units with good weapons.
Not specifically, especially.
>firing weapons reveals even stealthy units the vast majority of the time.
You keep outing yourself as someone who has absolutely zero idea how the game works, my guy. Recon units are not revealed when they fire from a forest, unless the enemy has a unit with very good/exceptional optics nearby. Pic very much related.
>Recon units spot enemies, combat units shoot at enemies.
As opposed to having combat units AND armed recon units (which still remain hidden most of the time, something you were not even aware of until now) and having more firepower? What kind of logic is this?
>>
Non-player here with a couple questions.
1: Is WRD's singleplayer good enough to be worth buying for someone who's too lazy to pirate and doesn't have the time to dedicate to gitting gud at multiplayer?
2: Why don't the major powers in the story just nuke each other, how do they explain this?
>>
>>835592
Look up Broken Arrow
>>
>>846206
Singleplayer is ok. But steel division singleplayer is much much better. Multiplayer is the real deal.
>>
>>846216
Thanks. How about the SP story? Do they say why redfor and bluefor don't take the nuclear option when the cold war goes hot?
>>
>>835592
Wargame 4 isn't coming. All the competent devs left to go make Broken Arrow.
>>
>>846225
Wargame story is extremely vague at best. Most campaigns are small, localized conflicts. European Escalation did have a post apocalyptic campaign where you unite NATO and Pact forces and become a Warlord.
>>
>>845866
You don't have LoS with your recon here.
>>
File: 520_1000.jpg (308 KB, 990x1417)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>846228
I see. Cheers.
>>
File: Assfaggots2.png (1.13 MB, 1370x768)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Aadvark or hornet?
>>
>>846658
F-111C. That's not even a competition.
>>
File: Assfaggots.png (1.32 MB, 1370x768)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
Tornado or ?
>>
>>847267
>cluster planes
If you fucking MUST, the Canadian one will more likely get a kill based on the way the clusters spread and overlap
>>
>>847336
Noob detected. Cluster planes are better than atgm planes.
>>
>>847343
they fill different roles, a piss rhine or seria can kill a superheavy in one go while a cluster plane can finish off weakened tanks or lighter vehicles/panic inf
>>
>>847368
If a noob faggot doesnt smoke his super heavy then you dont need a atgm plane at all. There were times when I killed superheavies side shotted using those 10 pts disposable HEAT boxes
>>
>>847396
okay, and that has anything to do with atgm planes vs cluster planes because?
>>
>>847405
Because you're a cuck
>>
>>847480
post rank retard
>>
the deck trainer makes mplayer hella fun lol. 10 boosted Smerchs? yes please :)
>>
>>847965
Link?
>>
Bumping
>>
I've been getting my asswhopped recently, has the meta changed?
>>
>>855810
Meta hasn't really changed since 2019.
What mode?
>>
>>855825
10v10 Destruction.
>>
>>855841
kek
>>
Assuming Eugen ever touches the game again what rebalances would you like to see? As someone who's been playing more RD lately, I'd really like an infantry atgm other than Ban-Tank and for some tank buffs like the ztz fire rate.
>>
>>855862
WRD has an asymmetrical balance, and of course certain nations/coalitions end up being much worse than the others. Which I think is fine, if all nations were effectively reskins of each other it would be very boring, but some nations just have too little going for them. Here's what I'd do:
Bring back sovkor.
10pt discount for all the exceptional optics vehicles. Yeah.
Second card of JH-7 for RD, or even better the 0/3/0/2/0 availability pattern. It's a decent plane, but 1 card of two planes is not enough given the overall lack of non-gimmicky antitank units for RD.
Either 50% ECM or 20pt discount for Feibao, 150pt for a 40% ECM SEAD is terrible.
A carbine for the base Jeogockdae. This is a trash unit that comes on trash vehicles, a carbine would at least make it semi-useful.
10% more accuracy on the RPG for Jeogockdae 90. There is no reason for this unit to have such an inconsistent RPG.
10% more accuracy on the RPG for SAS. SAS is still not good compared to similar elite infantry from the DLCs, let alone LSTR-80. It's good that they've got a discount and wheeled transport, UK's got something to protect wheeled openers with, but they still need some buffs to be anything other than glorified overpriced MANPAD infantry.
Spetsnaz's RPO needs a damage buff, at least up to 6 HE, ideally up to 8 HE. As it stands rocket flamethrowers are dogshit weapons because the flame instantly blocks the vision, and they do shit damage to vehicles. So you pay 35pt for infantry that's supposed to clear towns, and it doesn't do the job too well. If you do pick Spetsnaz in your deck, you're literally better off disabling the RPO as it stands. With better HE it'd be a cool unit, still niche, but cool.
5pt price discount for M1992. This piece of crap is full of soul, it's fun to use, but it just way too expensive for the package.
10pt price nerf for Mi-8T KT, this unit is not oppressive, but it has absolutely retarded stats and can actually be retardedly strong in niche situations.
>>
>>855862
Make SACLOS MCLOS and other types of missiles and stufff work differently. More complexity basically. Steam division 2 QoL changes. More redfor nations. More maps. Rework naval battles.
>>
>>855952
>Rework naval battles
Impossible!
>>
>>855862
More maps and a map editor. Don't worry, I know this will never happen. They "fixed" SD2's lack of maps by adding 1 map. Could have sworn they promised a map editor for that game too. I hope Broken Arrow is good and ColdWarGame goes back on sale. Fuck Eugen
>>
>>856070
THIS is the biggest glaring issue to me. starcraft is still around 20 years later because people made interesting maps. I'm tired of fighting in that god damn forest on paddy field, i'm tired of fighting in that god damn forest on mud fight. give me some new god damn forests to get tired of fighting in
>>
Give me 1v1 entente, israel and eurocorps deck
>>
>>856439
I honestly wish that if nothing else, they would have just backported ALB maps in or something. I’m so utterly sick of RD map design both in gameplay and visual sense at this point, when I know every drab-looking village and forest by hand.
>>
>>848335
its on the CheatEngine forum

i just had a mplayer game where a guy had 20 F111s lol
so people are using it
>>
>>857669
Let me guess, 10v10?
>>
>>857679
yes but ive seen it in smaller matches too. most people using it are not as obvious about it tho
>>
>>857682
It only works on custom 10v10 servers.
>>
>>857669
Do you have a link? I cant find it
>>
>>857683
there are people using it on Eugene servers
>>
Drop the fucking hack link right fucking now faggot
>>
>>855862
A price increase to Crotales/high-end Chaparrals/etc. After all their DLCs it really feels like only 2 or 3 coalitions in the game actually have to worry about seriously using radar AA, MOST factions best AA is IR anyway at this point.
>>855934
>unfucking spetznaz
Never going to happen. They garbage binned the unit very deliberately because of all the complaints it got from shitty blufor players.
>>
>>858266
Crotales dont need price increase retard
>>
>>858575
I disagree, I think they hurt the game overall. Essentially every faction having affordable 3.3k anti-helo IR AA has, in combination with successive attempts to try curve helo rushing, priced out a lot of actual front-line Helo usage outside of like 3 unicorn choppers and AA saturation strategies. When was the last time you actually saw someone use an ATGM helo, for example? Hell even the unicorn chopper problem is hurt by it since those unicorns have to be SO good to be worth their price when the counter is always at everyone's hands anyway.
>>
>>858893
Then use your helo effectively retard. You use atgm helo not as your spearhead when attacking but for flanking or filling in gaps fast. Also Mi-8mtv is incredibly strong, Ive had lots of openers where I just rush key points with them and they stun lock AA convoys and kill them easily while my VDVs and Spetnaz get into position. What needs to be done is to nerf the Longbow, that shit is fucked. Even when you kill it it can still kill your AA because of its fire and forget missile. Also can kill you even when you hide because of fire and forget. Nuff said. Fuck you
>>
>>859521
>1 of 3 good us units
>BROOOO LETS NERF IT
>>
>>857708
>>858162
cheatengine forum

eugene forum is banning people who mention it because apparently the script it uses isnt something they can fix easily lol

i played a game where i had 12 M109s
>>
>>860248
>cheatengine forum
Apparently it doesnt work on the latest version. Fuck you
>>
>>858893
I've used tow2 atgm helo in scandi decks and the chinese atgm helo in red mech/red air/rd mech. See it quite often, too. Just takes good map awareness and positioning. Though I do slightly agree with you in that AA is fucking everywhere and dirt cheap, but I don't mind it as much since planes especially are aids.
>>
>>859521
git gud
>>
Post the link to the hack you fucking faggot
>>
File: 20211204162502_1.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1080)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
Newb here playing shingleplayer, fuck its hard. Onto my 3rd battle now and I always fucking hate using any air/heli units in fear they get blown out of the sky.
Any tips on how to use them?
>>
>>862135
Aside from using SEAD or if dealing with IR, try to establish where AA is through recon or if you're feeling bold probing with things like low value helos or high ECM planes then when you realize where the AA is punish the fuck out of it with arty or possibly even rocket planes if you can make them work.
>>
>>810246
Unless you have a group too play fun 10v10s or whatever with. No one plays for fun and used unique units. Everyone uses the same OP infantry and vehicles
>>
File: 1612320993600.png (1 MB, 680x1100)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>810246
Because you end up with this experience.
>>
>>862192
Theres no such thing as OP infantry retard.
>>
>>862237
That why you create your own rooms and balance the teams yourself. Thats what I do. Or whenever you join a room check the balance first
>>
>>862254
WR is a shit metric. My friend has 60% WR from helo cheesing noobs in 3v3 games on 1v1 maps, and he is shit at the game.
>>
File: 1596438117734.png (15 KB, 602x576)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>862237
>anzacs
Ausnigger here, explain why Im in this photo
>>
>>862374
PING
>>
>>862260
Thats true to some extent. But I would still trust someone that has more games and above 50 WR.
>>
File: 1631591044496.jpg (153 KB, 960x960)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>862379
oh
>>
Russian players are cancer
>>
>>862135
>shingleplayer
Eugen cannot into singleplayer anon
it's a running theme for both Wargame and Steel Division
>>
>>865311
Steel division 2 campaign with army general is kino af. Hope they can make something like that with WG4
>>
File: 1620713516005.gif (25 KB, 360x360)
25 KB
25 KB GIF
I was thinking about buying WGRD when on sale.
I already have ARB but I'm not very experienced.

After all the people shitting on sweatlords and Eugene I'm not sure about it, opinions?
>>
>>865361
I thought the maps were a bit too big and I'm not a huge fan of how they split up battalions on the strategic map but it was a huge step up on the wargame campaigns
>>
>>865780
Balance is kinda fucked with nato coming out with a lot of better toys compared to PACT imo. As far as the sweats go just make your own lobbies and only let in people who seem like they'd give a decent fight rather than seals who make 80's marine decks or 5000 games players who will curb you.
>>
>>865288
They really are. Most of the ones I've encountered seem to be either gigga-sweats or cheesers/helorushers who like to throw up a bunch of pings in Cyrillic as if their teammates can fucking understand them.
>>
>>865780
its fun, not too hard to learn some basic tactics but still hard enough you can get shitstomped.
>>
>>865311
I think the Red Dragon singleplayer campaign system is actually pretty damn good. If it just got some more "stuff", and more campaigns of course, then it could be the basis for a really great game all on its own. Needs adjustments though, the whole "Send helicopters behind the enemy to actually destroy them" is a little silly. But it simulates amphibious attacks in a good way, I think.
>>
>>865864
Yeah fucktards leave immediately if their openers get wiped and they dont move their cvs at all so you lose because of the points. Im making a list of players to avoid because of these faggots
>>
>>865780
I love it, and frankly the people who complain about "cheese" and a game based on real life arsenals being "embarrassed" are either missing the point or just haven't played enough.
Play a variety of decks, find something that you like playing with. Wargame is full of basic, hard counters and has a couple of fundamental rules that once you understand you'll start winning matches. Regardless of whether you're playing 10v10s or smaller lobbies, if you lose it's usually either because
>A) the opponent just brought a force better suited to the engagement than your own
or
>B) You forgot one of the fundamentals of the game and your opponent capitalised on it.
There's hardly any point in complaining about "cheesers" when most players still don't bring enough recon, can't tell that their units are spotted, don't check LOS, use the move order instead of attack, advance without smoke or protecting their flanks, don't move their ATGMs or SAMs after they've fired, move their superheavies out of LOS then get angry when it gets SMERSH'D in whatever little forest you saw them move it into.
The most annoying players are the Little Corporals who tell you how to move your units and spam chat if you don't do what they say when they say it.

>>865856
I would kill for a Pact DLC, and it kills the soul to see every SD DLC include an Axis and Ally Battleforce because they understand that people like playing both sides.
Still the biggest balance issue has never been unicorns, it's the ridiculous gap in cost-effectiveness between Blu and Red IFVs & APCs.
>>
File: 1638515408086.png (110 KB, 296x245)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>810246
Because unknown turd nations are OP.
>>
>>865780
Its the best strategy war game right now
>>
does the mplayer trainer still work?
>>
>>830826
> Livgarden '85
baka, paying an extra 5pts for a little better Carl G is not worth it
>>
>>836200
Here's my nork deck that I use against real players:
@Ss8B2MEy6FuY1C+MchfGNacwvNOQXiLYLxDsTLIQCekiskoiJohdkIpItEWRFURSVoRMCUchfpaRBojqkxYT8A==

You definitely take too many cheapo units, maybe a side effect of playing the AI, you lack decent tanks, decent AA, too many veh tab units, shitty manpads and no SF or shock infantry or recon infantry at all
>>
File: cena.jpg (2 KB, 104x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>847343
You have got to be trolling
>>
every team i played in loses.....................
>>
>>868399
Because you're a loser
>>
>>867314
>kills your superheavies with atacms
>>
MAGLANS
>>
>>867314
>opponent smokes his superheavy
What now, chud?
>>
>>870256
>opponent drives his superheavy away from the payload
What now, chud?
>>
>>870222
>mortars your maglans
Nothin' personal kike.
>>
worst rts game ive played
>>
>>870265
>he doesn't preemptively cluster bomb behind the enemy tanks so they reverse into it
ngmi
>>
The only way to counter a superheavy+smoke combo is with cluster, atacms and atgms on the flanks for side shotting
>>
>>870307
>he doesnt move his atgms and arty after they fire
ngmi
>>
Lecler or Leo 2a5?
>>
>>872041
>one of the best SH or the worst one?
hmm I dunno
>>
2a5 is far from being the worst superheavy retard
>>
>>872050
Name one that is worse.
>>
>>872086
A 2A5 will beat most Redfor superheavies head on.
>>
>>872086
does twardy even count as SH?
also i'd rather have it over m*derna
>>
China has the worst superheavy
>>
>>810558
I just wish steel division 2 was a little bit slower so that I actually had time to enjoy watching the engagements vs having to constantly jump around the map. If I pause to watch an engagement for just a second my whole group of units on the other side of the map is gone
>>
>>872802
140pt is NOT a superheavy
>>
File: Untitled.png (97 KB, 1686x574)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>872493
No it won't, simply because it has no autoloader.
>>872697
Twardy is definitely a heavy tank, just like M1A1(HA) and M1A1(HC). Shitderna is honestly also an overpriced heavy tank given how many you get per card. The only true superheavy worse than 2a5 is T-72M1MOD.
>>
Why does Israel inf sucks so bad
>>
>>874102
It doesn't. They lack a dedicated shock/elite for town fighting, but other than that they are solid. They have great 10pt infantry with amazing transports, which is what matters the most. Shayetet 13 have a good RPG for forest fights, Mesaya'at help a lot with defending towns, Spike LR is an S-tier ATGM.
>>
>>868399
The only constant is you
>>
Why are there so many Chinese playing recently
>>
How can I find scheduled 6v6 games
>>
>>874541
The game is called Red Dragon not Blue Burger.
>>
>>875218
Thats not funny
>>
>>809537
>>809514
Sd2 is amazing stay mald
>>
>winning ranked game
>internet craps out
>disconnect
>opponent total victory
happened like 3 times

>>875262
I laughed
>>
>Last night
>Played my first multiplayer match
>10v10 low income
>Didn't do much except refueling
>Tried to use planes, very often shot down in spawn
Fun experience overall.
How do I git gud though? And how should I build my deck for that type of match? Low cost units?
>>
>>875620
build your deck so that you have a tacticool squad that does something useful, or just fill X role (arty/planes/etc)
>>
File: IMG_20200701_204136.jpg (9 KB, 142x142)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>875620
Don't play arty and planes when u start. Use recon+support units and maybe tanks. Don't throw them like nothing in the void be sure where u puwh coz there is always hard counter.
>>
trainer is still working i think. i just played a 10v10 on an eugene server and there were like 30 F-111s spawned. everyone just started qutting right away :/
>>
>>875620
Dont play 10v10. Dont play destruction. Start with 1v1s with other noobs. Then optimize your deck as you gradually get used to it and learn its weakness.
>>
What are objectively the strongest red decks?
>>
Entente. Finpol. USSR.
>>
>>876046
>don't play the game mode you're interested in
>instead play what I think you should play
>>
>>876248
>don't play crappy modes for shitters
>play the modes that make the game shine
simple as
>>
>>876256
I just wanna learn how to micro a small front with a few objectives, before moving on to microing a whole battle
>>
>>876583
10v10 have oversaturated AA and tons of artillery, it's the worst environment for that.
>>
>>862135
Wargame AI is infamous for it's cheating capabilities. This is how Eugen creates difficulty.

The AI gets more units than you would if you're on even footing. It also knows which units you spawn 100% of the time, and has a general idea of where they are 100% of the time. So it spawns units to directly counter yours, and it'll vector its guys directly toward yours until their units can actually see yours and engage. The only way to win is to cheese. On the upside, the AI's only strength is its cheating, it is tactically braindead. Since the campaigns are based off the destruction gamemode, it makes it pretty easy to beat them because all you need is to find a solid defensive position and turtle. He'll just keep wasting guys trying to dislodge you.

Also, he absolutely places command units in predictable locations. There is no dishonor in using arty and (assuming he doesn't have AA) helos or aircraft to just shell locations that he's probably got the CV in and snipe 'em.
>>
File: sketch-1639591959595.png (3.01 MB, 1920x972)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
>>876610
Well let me have a few more matches where I manage an infantry push and make Ivan Rout, and we'll see.

Sidenote, what's your strat to hold this bridge?
>>
>>875620
I don't know if it's as much an issue in low income 10v10s, but I have memories of when I played 10v10s regularly that it always pays to have manpads and AAA handy. Seems like there's always some shitbird who wants to helirush, and there's nothing more satisfying than raping that shit and then having a fun game.
>>
>>876620
Long range AT in the forest with good recon so they actually see shit.
And then mortars. Lots of mortars. Or strike aircraft backed up by SEAD.
>>
How do I run USSR? My infantry seems like trash for the most part and everything is wildly expensive.
>>
>>876620
~3 ATGM squads and some HE fire support in the tree lines, inf recon closer to the river bank. Some AA in the forest by the sea. It's useless to put anything in the forest to defend the bridge because any opponent with two brain cells will smoke the shit out of it before crossing the bridge.
>>
>>876759
USSR has a lot of very good specialized units, you need to be very good at combined arms to play this nation.
Base motostrelky in 5pt vehicles to soak damage. Base sapery in BTR-T to assault towns. VDV 90 in BTR-D and/or Skrezhets for holding towns and forests and pushing through forests.
2 cards of Spetsnaz GRU in BTR-90 for sneaky shenanigans, you can get one card in a helo for drops. You can also use them for town grinding, but not against actual town grinders.
T-80 is your forest tank and HE fire support.
You can use Gornostrelki 90 to defend very particular chokepoints and towns, but they are very niche.
In 1v1 at a level higher than Captain you should be very aggressive and mobile with USSR and constantly push with your VDV and Gornostrelki 90 supported by helicopters and ground fire support, always trading forces back and forth. Watch Putin on youtube for how it's done at the highest level.
>>
>>876759
Motostrelki is the worst inf in the game. Just get VDVs. USSR is very cost efficient and specialized. Theres always a unit for every situation as USSR but the catch is these units suck at doing other tasks.
>>
We really need more fucking maps desu
>>
>>876793
Can you tell me how Czechs are played?
>>
>>876835
>Motostrelki is the worst inf in the game.
First of all, you're objectively wrong. If we compare the weapons on 10pt 10hp infantry, base motostrelky are better than base canadian rifles, base diggers, syouju-buntai, and various flamethrower infantry - that's just off the top of my head. RPG-7 is a much better deal than a base LAW due to better range and AP, and a basic AR is better than a combat rifle on that type of infantry. Secondly, whether an infantry squad is good or not is also affected by the available transports. Base motostrelki are definitely hurt by not having a 2FAV 5pt transport, but they have a rich selection of BMP for fire support. Lastly, even if motostrelky actually were the worst 10pt line infantry in the game, it's the only infantry of that kind available to USSR, and they fill a very useful niche of soaking damage, so you'd still want them in your deck.
>>
File: 251060_20211216135239_1.png (1.68 MB, 1920x1080)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>877226
Czech nat is a bit of a meme, it's worse than EB for sure, but it's a meme that actually works because of the nation's availability bonus. I unironically played it in ranked with decent success. There is even some variety to what you can pick.
You get acceptable infantry with decent transports. Lehka Pechota are really good. Their recoilless rifle has low AP, but it fires a projectile rather than a missile, and it's very quiet (firing loudness is an actual hidden characteristic of weapons in the game), so they can fire at stuff without revealing themselves. Don't just use them defensively, they have good speed, so you can sneak them around. Mi-17 vaporizes infantry even in towns. 30pt BMP melts other IFVs and light and medium tanks.
Base T-72 is amazing HE fire support for the price. T-72M1M is a good medium for forests and against IFVs. The 120pt T-72S is in my opinion not very good, less than 19 FAV means you get bullied by peace pheasants and shit.
You only get one card of ASF, but it's 3 planes on elite per card, so it's acceptable. Su-25K is your only ATGM plane, and it's not particularly good, so you gonna struggle against superheavies unless you can achieve aerial superiority.
The real star of this deck is, I shit you not, Delfin. It's a waste of a slot in an EB deck, but Czech gets 7 (seven) of them per card, and a 30pt bomber is actually ridiculous. It eats zero supply since it's a plane, it reloads fast, it's an amazing bait for the enemy AA missiles, you can absolutely bully your opponent with them. Literally THE reason to play czech nat.
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/919640/view/5072740119197171096
>The wait is almost over. Yes, that’s right, Christmas will come early as tomorrow (Friday the 17th of December) we will be officially unveiling what we have been working on so hard (and in secret) the last couple of months and years!
>>
>>877393
Sending VDV's with sekhzret is much more effective than grinding with inferior motostrelki
>>
>>877600
>grinding with inferior motostrelki
Are you illiterate or what?
>>
>Snoregame 4
Epic, SD2 was rough but army general was fantastic and all it needs is more thanks to sperges who keep crying for it it'll never be fleshed out while wargame 4 goes a whopping year if lucky before Eugen diahrreas itself to NATO handholding and kills the franchise again for another 4 years
>>
>>877414
Neat take, boss. While you're still alive, do you have recommendations for a Chinese nat deck?
>>
>>877633
Can you type that out again but without suffering from brain aneurysm
>>
>>870970
Everyone with more than a few matches under their belt knows to drive perpendicular to the cluster since planes drop it in a line.
> B-but the smoke could wouldn't be that big
It is if you use 4-5HE mortars which are preferable for smoke and spread out your fire
>>
>>875620
Playing planes or arty in tacticals ought to be avoided, it can be useful, but you don't win matches purely on the back of arty and airpower, there are already enough mindless mouthbreathers who spam Bkan 1cs and nighthawks without concern for whether there is enough on the ground to hold the line, learn to fight with tanks, infantry and support vehicles and you'll be better than most players ez
>>
>>877703
Those large calibre mortars have such slow fire rate its gonna take forever before you can get smokes up something an aggressive and skilled player can and will take advantage of.
>>
>>877655
Not that anon but you really ought to play China in a Coalition with North Korea, the coalition is already not that strong and without each other it gets pretty bad. But if you're looking for good picks in China...
> Lu Zhandui (not '90) for 15 pts is just Chink Mot-Schutzen and should be your main fighting infantry in towns and most sectors, '90s when fighting in woods and expecting fire support, sometimes good to mix squads of '90 and '80 to save on costs, the ZSD-90 transport for the '90s is quite good
> Tanke Shashou '85 is what you take alongside the Nork Fagot teams, good to just drop and forget about to defend towns
> HQ-7 it's a fucking crotale
> PGZ-88 for sheer cost efficiency and packing enough armor to be employed against infantry in an emergency
> China's tank tab sucks get the Chonma Ho V and T-90S
> Lie Ren is based, so is their recon tank at 60 pts
> WZ550 will outange and buttblast any NATO pigdog tank if they aren't smart about smoke and cover, these with good recon and careful micro are great, but very situational
> PTZ-59/89 might look crazy good for the price but their armor and firepower are limited, best used alongside real tanks or in an ambush role (Your super took some bad hits, you feign retreat and if the enemy super gives chase you wait until it gets close and pop two of them out and smack it with AP scaling, don't employ as fire support against infantry
>>
Dont play 10v10s its filled with cheaters and stackers. Dont bother with 10v10s unless its an arranged game. Its not worth it and you will learn nothing.
>>
>>877720
I don't know what you're talking about unless you mean those huge Israeli and Finnish 6HE mortars, your average 40pt 4/5 HE mortar box fires quickly enough that that wouldn't be a factor, Cluster is a tool meant to force movement or do chip damage, including something like the ATACMS (if the player isn't dumb and sees it coming), ATGM planes are the most reliable tool for quickly eliminating big tanks against someone who has an idea of what they're doing, especially since as you have to drop bombs the risk of getting your plane stunned/killed is much higher. Plus most cluster munitions can't actually kill a super even with a direct hit, and those that can require the tank just sit in the middle of the cluster and eat it, you can fairly easily predict a drop pattern and mitigate enough of the damage that the sacrifice of the plane wasn't worth it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497475211970.jpg (22 KB, 480x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>877519
For the love of God just don't port the terrible shit from SD2. Like surrender, unable to reinforce, phaseses and veterancy.
Every thing else I OK. Also 40k wargame when????
>>
>Wargame but we lost the name and all the fun shit's getting taken out
>but hey, you get a range finder now!
Who asked for this?
>>
>>878831
What did they reveal?
>>
>>878896
a rehash of European Escalation
https://youtu.be/z4yZRkFsQUM
>>
>>878831
What fun shit? Do you mean the meme prototypes and BS nations like Israel?
>>
>>878937
Unicorns are fun.
>>
>>878780
>For the love of God just don't port the terrible shit from SD2. Like surrender
Pleb
>>
File: FB_IMG_1524660195761.jpg (37 KB, 693x443)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>878957
I said no surrender. It sucks balls combined with the off map artilery.
>>
>>878953
unicorns are fun, sure, but making finland, israel, and yugoslavia better than the nations equiping them because you want to sell game is not fun.
>>
>>878999
Surrender is a mechanic that makes sense and introduces a new dynamic to play.
>>
File: 1639016701000.png (519 KB, 460x689)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>879164
No it dose not, at least not implemented in that way.
>call off-map arty suppress everything move one fast moving shit to surrender everything, despite units being in heavy cover.
Guess Stalingrad and leningrad sieges were faritales and was over in a day.
What does make sense is transports to be reusable and all vehicles having fuel consumption. You know features WG had in their previous game.
>>
>>879169
transports are reusable in steel division.
>>
>>879181
You know they aren't fully. Playing SD2 atm and I still think there are shit decisions made to make the game more appealing to the new ppl.
>>
>>879193
Transports are fully reusable. Trucks aren't considered transports by the game because they only exist in multiplayer so that games don't take forever. In campaign, your infantry has to walk everywhere
>>
>>879230
>trucks, one of the main ways troops were and are transported around in all wars since the invention of the automobile, are not transports
>but bro the transports are fully reusable
>also there's no transports in single player because ???????
>>
>>879251
There are transports in single player, but units that use trucks in transports in multiplayer do not have transports, because the vast majority of troops in WWII were still dependent upon their feet for transportation, especially on the Eastern Front.
>>
I hope they dont focus too much on the graphics in Warno. They also need to port Wargames optimization. I mean who zooms in too much anyway? I barely zoom in when in game.
>>
Based
>>
>>879169
>artillery was just for show in ww2 nobody really used it
Retard take. Stalingrad and leningrad were entire cities btw.
>>
Is normal 10v10 still stone dead? It's the only gamemode I care about because nobody else does things at that scale.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1513862180873.jpg (39 KB, 758x435)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>879751
>>879230
Yeah no you wrong and it's pointless to argue.

What we know:
>phase system is gone
>division decks instead of national
>frontline is gone and its back to wargames zones of control with some unknown additional mechanics around them

Anyone want to add something I missed?

What I want to see is:
veterancy back like in WG
Morale and reinforcement from WG
Reusable transports like in WG
>>
Division decks means DLC system similar to SD2. Were fucked. No more whole nation DLCs but piecemeal division ones.
>>
>>880727
I can't wait to have to buy 20 DLCs to be able to view every standard Soviet unit that was in Wargame in WARNO armory.
>>
>>880742
How can they fuck it up badly? Literally all they have to do is add more content to wg rd and some qol improvements. Its so simple. How hard can it be?
>>
>>880800
This is Eugen we're talking about, I'm honestly surprised we're getting another game at all.
>>
>>879709
Based on what?
>>
File: 13-28-39.jpg (96 KB, 724x516)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>880827
They realized that going back to WW2 was a mistake.
>>
Warno will fail.
>>
>>880980
Wrong.
>>
>>880980
Why?
>>
>>881069
Among other things, Warno is a dumb title.
>>
>>880980
But will they launder enough money before it does?
>>
>>881134
I agree with that part. It makes no sense that they chose to make up some new title instead of going with their established IP.
I have a hunch that Warno will fail to beat Red Dragon in terms of all-time peak number of players. The reveal trailer is just bland, I felt like I was watching a touched up Wargame. Furthermore, they're releasing it in Early Access, so you already know that you won't get a full product.
Maybe by some luck it'll become FOTM and gain popularity on twitch, but I doubt that.
>>
>>881154
The graphics look shit too. Its just going to be a disappointing cash grab. Fuck Eugen.
>>
>>881154
Warno is such a stupid title too.
What is that supposed to mean?
War-no as is No to War? No-War? War-Now?
What a stupid ass tittle
>>
Give me a good SA deck
>>
>>880165
the point trainer killed it and the devs already said they cant do anything about it
>>
>>881134
>>881154
>>881212
>>881214
Knowing their DLC policies, a more apt name would be ”Judeo”.
>>
>>882925
>point trainer killed it
qrd?
>>
>>881154
I suspect Eugen got fucked over way more than they admitted when they tried to be sneaky and not pay their devs and lost half of their core dev team to a walk out
>>
>>882388
just get the napalm arty and win lmao
>>
Why does everyone skip navy in their decks?
>>
>>883879
Because no sane person plays on naval maps.
>>
Who the fuck plays navy? Newfags and retards thats who
>>
>>883896
>>883890
I didn't mean navy exclusively, because I was playing on Bashar server yesterday and half of maps had naval spawn.
>>
>>881134
I first thought Warno was something made by a competitor and was going to be called a Wargame killer.
>>
>>883921
It will kill Wargame anyway.
>>
>>884083
Rofl
>>
>>883921
Eugen will kill Wargame so that they can sell all old nations as DLC for Judeo, don’t worry. That’s why they won’t fix the cheats in Red Dragon either.
>>
>>884083
sadly probably. lets say 1/2 of the current wargame playerbase gets it and plays for a few weeks/months, wargame is dead for that time. even if half of those people want to come back or think wargame is better, the damage will be done.

it was a good ride bros...
>>
>>884472
All good things come to an end.
I just hope Eugen will ease up a bit with their DLC policy, when there are two games that could steal their player base. What they did in SD2, introducing that division autism, was some unfunny joke.
>>
Its fucking over
>>
>>885344
It's the beginning of a new chapter.
>>
80% sale on steam kek
>>
the mplayer cheats and exploits killed it
>>
>>885653
Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean he's cheating.
>>
>>809514
Literal Monkey paw
>>
Wargame sisters... we lost
>>
>>880339
i like the frontline system
>>
>>886318
Why?
>>
>>885678
are you retarded there is a cheatengine trainer that lets you edit your deck and points even in mplayer
>>
>>888135
lol, I have never seen anyone cheat in wargame
>>
>>888189
That's because you don't play 10v10 clown fiestas where this cheat can work.
>>
Wargame has a problem.

If you have a bad win rate you get banned/ kicked from a lobby. Newbies will always have a bad win rate. They need to play to get experience, but will get kicked.

It's a catch 22. Wargame is fucked.
>>
>>888192
any proof at all?
>>
>>888222
those Christmas Eve digits tho
>>
>>888222
just play ranked or find some practice partners from the bootcamp server
>>
>>888135
Chinese people were a mistake

Your fortune: Krampus is coming to your house!
>>
WARGAMERS!!
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1an4P4S1_wN3h3AGMkrOzwsjR-S5AO9Yq/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>881214
Warning order
>>
>>885307
>What they did in SD2, introducing that division autism, was some unfunny joke.
?
>>
>>888222
Just play on Bashar 10v10, it has a Autobalance feature that results in somewhat balanced games
>>
>>890105
Go look at the store page. Instead of having few nations as DLCs, there's shit ton of them because nations were divided into divisions.
>>
File: 1631524951735.jpg (9 KB, 261x217)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>890119
>-40% income
why
>>
>>890208
And you will buy them all, goyim, yess…
>>
>>890208
There's 4 div packs (the Nemesis stuff), with the rest being Army AGs that include the units featured in them. It's not that different from Red Dragon and far from Parajew-tier.
>>
>>890242
>It's not that different from Red Dragon
Red Dragon has 4 DLC packs and 22 nations in total.
>>
>>890254
>Red Dragon has 4 DLC packs
Paid, yeah, with eight downloadable packs in total. Only one of those is a singleplayer campaign DLC, while half of SD2's paid DLCs are Army General campaigns. Excluding them leaves three paid Nemesis div packs and the two DLCs porting over stuff from SD1, unless you want to include stuff like access to the digital artbook. SD2's DLC policy wasn't a problem, and we shouldn't have to worry about it for Warno.
>>
>>890268
>SD2's DLC policy wasn't a problem, and we shouldn't have to worry about it for Warno
Yesss Goyim, no problem at all! Just buy them all and enjoy!
>>
Just had a good game lads. If you ain't Unspec Dutch you ain't much.
>>
>>890349
ik ook
>>
>>890393
Weet ik.
>>
File: file.png (753 KB, 777x425)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
:o
>>
File: file.png (740 KB, 725x439)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
:D
>>
File: file.png (590 KB, 643x434)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
:0
>>
>>888222
play in noobs-only lobbies
>>
>>890450
>noobs-only
It's a trap
>>
>>890349
Nice opener
>>
>>890211
that's the tactical servers. it's so you're careful with your units (or make a budget deck)
>>
>>890349
Zeg wollah?
>>
>>890454
>>890450
This is the issue. Most "noob games" either have smurfs or they're just straight up cheesing. And if you're a bad player you don't know how to counter a T-34 tank rush or a hellirush and get fucked.
>>
If you're a newbie, you HAVE to host lobbies yourself.
Also if you're stuck with a sub 40% winrate and no one wants to be on your team, you can boost your WR in MP skirmishes against AI. Just give AI a single card deck and helo rush him on a short map.
It sucks that you have to go through all this shit just to be able to play, but that's public lobbies for you.
>>
>>890730
You know, now I'm really looking forward to Warno.
>>
>>890753
Warno is going to be the same. At least it looks like that Eugen are going to bring in most of the Wargame mechanics, which have already been researched meticulously. So new players can just read the community guides to at least get the fundamentals right. Poor SD2 bastards are still clueless about many gameplay stats and mechanics, it's absolute hell for beginners.
>>
>>890309
>using goy this much
Shoo shoo, jew
>>
>>890861
Feels good that I started with EE back in 2012. Nothing was hell for me for any of the sequels.
>>
Why do so many players leave if their team starts losing? I'm quite new, but I've noticed that it is a very common practice.
>>
>>891576
isn't it common in every mp game? a lot of players don't like playing games, they like winning and dominating opponent.
>>
>>891576
1. Noobs are easily demoralized after they lose everything.
2. Games are so long it's easier to leave and find a new lobby than struggle it out in a losing game with retarded teammates
>>
>>891583
>>891704
This. The secret to enjoying games is enjoying the desperate defense that a losing match creates.
>>
>>892223
The secret to enjoying games is to play 1v1 instead of hiding behind a team and then blaming them for your problems
>>
>>892555
Flabbergastingly based.
>>
>>892555
You don't like teamwork?
>>
>>809410
can i talk about sd2 here
>>
>>892604
I only play team games if I have friends online to play with. Have fun relying on the English speaking ability of Dmitri (Ping 456) and Xi (Ping 999)
>>
>>892714
Might as well. Since RD still eclipses SD2's playerbase you probably won't get anything resembling active discussion anywhere else on this board.
>>
>>893042
i was here when /wgg/ was around. i miss the graviteam and other game posters, although it was still mainly wgrd
>>
File: mind_blown.gif (1.83 MB, 200x200)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB GIF
>>893047
>he was here when /wgg/ was around
>>
>>893170
amazing right? please give me a 4chan gold pass
>>
>>893047
ARMA/DCS/Gravyteam posting was when /wiggie/ died and became zombified.
>>
>>892722
It's not just that their ping is shit. It's that many of them play like idiots or lunatics. Russians in particular in this game seem to frequently either just helo rush or do 4 stacks of shit tanks with few in my experience displaying more sound approaches.
>>
>>893482
Noob bum rush tactics and simple application of brute force through numbers is all that the feeble asiatic and slavic minds can grasp.
>>
What is the most fun deck that you like to play? For me it's RD moto.
>>
>>893662
Yugo or Entente is exactly right up my alley
>>
File: fagot.jpg (744 KB, 3472x1944)
744 KB
744 KB JPG
>>893662
North Korea is fun. You can do successful pushes in team games with SU-100s, T-62Ds, the actually good tanks and those AA infantry transports. The transports in particular mean that when the enemy presses the panic air button, you can shoot down whatever he throws at you. It's still a bad nation to play though

>>893913
>completely broken OP shit is right up my alley
>>
>>893926
I do good with Eurocorps too
>>
File: nnauvbqaen531.jpg (46 KB, 400x452)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>893929
Next you're going to tell me you like Israel, Blue Mech and Red Mech
>>
>>893931
Nah for some reason I dont do well with Israel. My 3rd best is USSR unspec
>>
Also can you give me a Red dragon or China and NoKor decks? Havent played them yet and would love to try em out
>>
Anyone here play Kards? I'm having a blast with it
>>
File: file.png (348 KB, 683x827)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>893934
Here's an NK deck. NK is not a competitive nation, the deck is built around spamming the shit out of enemy positions with the GRAD (hence double FOB), then moving in with your infantry swarm backed up with AA, SU100s and Type80 SPAAG. Open pushes use the T-62D and SU-100 to tank, with some heavies and your T90 to support, backed up as usual by swarms of infantry with the AA transports mixed in to shoot down the inevitable panic bombers. Also, you get 3 B-5s per card now.
>>
>>893941
I used the wrong transport for the Bochongsu. You want the VTT-323 Hwasung-Chong with the IGLA
@Ss8BkLoLxF8Fwi+C405BegwT7kXxjmHgh+Jlgn4J+INEL8lrRiktIlEQgE9JErQu0FsnUJFkdNHuSK4iwpXK0EUc
>>
>>893662
BD moto is pretty great imo, houdu-ren in the grenade launcher apc can hold a town against infinity light vehicles and infantry, and you get enough activation points for peace pheasants, chu mats, and chu mat jeeps to make up for your lack of heavy anti-armor
>>
>>875620
Make a dedicated tactical deck with the best units and go find a corner to wage a little micro operation in. It can be quite satisfying when you do a good breakthrough or hold a position. You really only want expensive, quality shit since you need longevity or to match whatever special forces bumfuck you're going to meet. It's just the way the game works that even if you outnumber those spetz four to 1 you'll still probably lose. So bring a 'fuck-you' transport or some kind of fire support vehicle. I like playing scandi or comblock on tacticals just because their units are broad and you get some variety to work with. Don't bother with planes or heavy arty until you know how to work them, maybe just bring a mortar or two and target inf or light vehicles when they trouble you.
>>
>>810246
It feels dated and abandoned.
>>
>>894913
For you
>>
>>893934
A NK deck should be built around getting Yuckjeondae 90 into a position where they can chew up an enemy's backline without being bombed into oblivion. I've won a lot of forest fights just with a full stack of NK commandos.
>>
Why do people hate Israel?
>>
>>893934
Chinese Moto is fun. But not as fun as using Chinese unicorn units in 10v10 tacticool
>>
>>898067
Unicorns everywhere, and fucking Maglans. At least they’re a small-sized squad now, but the release iteration was disgusting.
>>
>>898101
>the release iteration was disgusting
Didn't they use to be a fucking 10 man? That's dumb bullshit even by Eugen standards.
>>
>>898105
Yes. Nice to have a SF recon squad that is a pretty damn good recon unit, while also shooting top-tier ATGMs and being super hard to spot even when firing, while also being able to go mano-a-mano with basically almost any infantry squad. All while costing no more than your typical SF squad that usually excels only in one or max two of those things, and honestly nobody else ATGM’d stealthily like them no matter who you played or how much you were willing to pay.

Not the only overpowered and dumb thing in DLCs, the ripple-firing Finnish MiGs were also dumb as fuck, but nothing else was annoying as them. Hell, they’re still annoying.
>>
Bump
>>
File: sketch-1641115914168.png (2.68 MB, 1920x1080)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
18 days ago I posted this
>>875620
Ever since, I continued playing 10V10 and became pretty good at handling ASF. I gave up on Arty after realizing it was a meme and instead, concentrate on pumping out Cheap reservists units to fill holes in my allies line.
I've also had 2-3 good match as tanks, But I found that compared to infantry, they're alot more dependant on your Teammates playing around you and not just turtling.

Im still unsure of how to play Helos, they just feel so fragile.

Other than that, I really like Punchbowl and Mudfight, While I've learnt to really despise CliffHanger and "Hell in a very small place"

I've also started reading honhonhon.wordpress like anon suggested, It made me stop worrying and love the Rafale.
>>
>>899886
1v1s or 2v2s are more fun
>>
In team games red dragon is much more fun
In 1v1 SD2 is a better experience
>>
10v10 are usually 8 people doing whatever and 2 guys who know what they are doing and roll over the enemy
I still remember those 10v10 "pros" who used howitzer artillery to snipe reservists
>>
Bought this on a whim because it was £5 and looks to appeal to my interests - while it installs (45GB?!), I want to know some things. How does it differ from World In Conflict? How are infantry used?
>>
>>900544
You remember in World in conflict how by the midmatch, Infantry become useless because half the buildings are destroyed/ 2 hits from being destroyed and the Forests have long since been napalmed? This doesn't really happen here.
Buildings in WRD are never really destroyed, your infantry can still hide in the rubble, and there's enough forests to make it so that you'll always have a bit of shrubbery around to hide in.

Infantry is very close otherwise to World in conflict, on two exceptions. #1: infantry has ammo capacities, you can't just sit an AT team behind a rose bush and expect to kill an infinite number of tanks, eventually you'll be out of rockets.
#2 You are expected to be willing to make sacrifices to spot for the team. If your Tank friend asks for your help to provoke a Superheavy into coming out of hiding, go ahead and provoke him.

The other massive differences from World in conflict: Big artillery pieces is on map, not offmap, therefore vulnerable, and planes themselves are fragile finicky pieces of technology, for the sake of your teammates, don't buy an A-10 and expect to be able to strafe without consequences.

On that Note
#NeverAnotherCascadeFalls.
>>
File: first build.png (1.75 MB, 1446x902)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
Just picked this game up and made a build on pure intuition before even going into the tutorial

I went with the 'Marines' specialization, so I assumed I wouldn't need any tanks

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>900700
Playing UK.

They lack good air, If you insist on buying planes, i don't think you need as manny Harrier G1, and instead should pick up an elite Sea Harrier FA.2, reason being that one ace in an expensive plane is better than 2 trained in expensive planes you might not be able to afford both at the same time.

For Recon, 10 SBS, all in Helos, might be a bit too much. I'd definitely pick up non- Helicopter Recon, like Ferret armored cars or SBS in Stalwart.

No comments on the Vics or the tanks.

for supports, you have a major issue: both your Anti-air rapiers are Radar based. this means that someone flying an SEAD over them is gonna be able to counter them and anhilate them. I'd definitely either back them up with normal Rapiers, or even pick up the stormer.

I was about to say something on your infantry choice, then realizd the brits don't have cheap infantry in their marine decks, a real shame honestly. But again, it's all Helicopter based infantry, AKA, I can lock you out of a zone with one anti air unit. Get some of those in trucks.

Finally, your logistics: Get an HQ Section or a ground based command unit, cause helis can't hide under a tree line, and don't count in a zone until landed.
>>
>>900720
I was expecting opaque minmax autism but this is good, clear advice, thanks.
>>
>>900700
Nice digits.

The first issue is in logistics; your only zone capturing unit is a helicopter. Your boats can take care of the sea tiles, but as for land helicopters are highly visible and can be taken down in a single fighter jet pass. You might want to consider instead some sort of ground vehicle that you can stick in a forest to hide. Any unit with one of those stars next to it can capture zones.

Secondly, you have too many planes. You should take out a few of them and spend the points on some tanks. Choose whichever tanks look like fun.

Finally, some pro gamer tips:

Some units will always die. Just make sure they die for a good reason (like giving cover, making an essential push, holding the line etc etc)

The main strength of the Brits are their crack infantry teams. Buildings and forests are your friends.

Your units don’t have infinite ammo. You have to both know when to send resupply so it arrives just before they run out of ammo, and if it’s too dangerous to go directly towards them then you need to consider pulling back and giving them cover.

Finally, the tutorial will give you practically no help, the AI is pretty bad, so the only way you can really train is multiplayer. It’s full of 10v10 matches where the moment someone loses a few units they quit, leading to mass leaving on their team, or 1v1/2v2 full of sweats with hundreds, if not thousands of hours on the game, who will just kick you from lobby half the time.

Remember to have fun!
>>
>>900700
Try it out and see how it works out for you. Spoiler: It wont work well.
>>
>>900854
>Finally, the tutorial will give you practically no help, the AI is pretty bad, so the only way you can really train is multiplayer. It’s full of 10v10 matches where the moment someone loses a few units they quit, leading to mass leaving on their team, or 1v1/2v2 full of sweats with hundreds, if not thousands of hours on the game, who will just kick you from lobby half the time.
Sounds like I need to see if any of my friends are interested
>>
>>900700
>Bongs
>>
>>888615
There are tons of cheats for wargame, you see them mostly on 2v2 and 1v1 in low rank
>infinite spotting
>sniping cvs with artillery even when they are not deployed and just waiting unspotted
>massive cv bombing runs when they are about to lose in all cv spots
>infinite money printing when they are about to lose
>>
>>879169
this nigga didn't even got to use leaders and talks like he is a pro LMAO
>>
File: gaeH5IY.png (7 KB, 96x61)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
less than 50 recon units...? ngmi...
>>
>>902238
what's the SI unit for recon?
>>
>>900854
Update

I tried out skirmish to get a hang of how the game plays; for the most part, I like it! Overwhelming at first but it clicked pretty quickly. Anti-air is very effective, meaning you can't just stomp with planes and helos, and I like how the need to pull in logistics stops powerful anti-armour weapons from being too OP.

The big criticism is the skirmish AI - they stomped me my first game, but it became obvious how it works quickly. It'd be nice if it actually used tactics rather than spawning direct counters to your most recent spawn before charging straight at you to get shredded by your AT squads anyway - I guess I'll have to dive into multi for tactical complexity. I'm also not fond of the unit tags - too blocky, they obscure a lot of the visual field. The siren when a unit is killed is also obnoxious, and I'm wondering if I can mod 'unit lost' sounds from another game to replace it. Overall, though, I like the engine and what I've seen of the mechanics.
>>
>>902932
AI in eugen games is absolute garbage, yeah.
Fiddle with the Interface settings, you can adjust icon size and other stuff.
>>
>>902932
Sadly yes, the AI is pretty much a glorified tower defense experience and you can’t learn the game by playing against them beyond the very basics of how units work, actual strategy or tactics don’t really apply on an opponent that plays with massive numbers but lacks any intellect beyond direct rushes. Good luck with getting into MP, and I say this with honest good meaning, it can be a real pain for newcomers.
>>
>>902932
“Wow, My AA is so great and effecti-”
-famous last words before being BTFO’d by SEAD
>>
>>903527
>he didn't pay2win Yugo
ngmi
>>
Nevas are great combine that with pracka and you can kill floaters left and right but you gotta keep supply trucks alongside prackas as they only have 2 missiles
>>
>>904529
>Poland gets the Neva (Radar)
>Yugo gets the exact same missile with the same stats (Non Radar)
>>
>>904598
Yeah poland needs some buff
>>
Alright gents, I’ve got to be honest with you... I can’t play the game.
It’s not an exaggeration or anything, it’s just that I can’t manage such a massive front. Other RTS like CnC Generals or CoH1 I can handle just fine- the unit counts are pretty small, and when it does get larger you can just blob.
But in WRD, I’m making mistakes constantly. Wether it’s forgetting to unload vital infantry for minutes, always having my tanks get flanked, or even just forgetting an entire section of the front exists and my cleverly hidden MANPAD+ATGM squads get rolled up by motostrelki or reservists simply because I forgot to send some regular units of infantry through the forest with them.
I micro a small city battle to perfection, meanwhile my arty are being shelled to death that I could’ve moved 30 sec ago.
I can’t handle the dozens of units at once. I tried a skirmish for the first time two days ago, and even with hard AI, they beat me.
Is there any hope left for me?
>>
>>905048
I just select my battlemaster tanks and send them to enemy base in generals, but can actually play wg because there is less micro and more macro control.
Just, like, zoom out lmao.
>>
>>905048
Play 10v10s, where you can micro.
>>
File: batmanrises.jpg (47 KB, 800x450)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>905048
Play until you git gut or >>905079
>>
File: MMnB7Td.png (412 KB, 488x440)
412 KB
412 KB PNG
>>905048
Not your fault man. This game has a ridiculous learning curve and it's made much worse by the fact that a lot of the very small mp community as it stands is comprised of autists who have been playing nonstop for years. I genuinely recommend reading up on blog shit by sweats who know how to play if you want to keep at it. honhonhonhon on wordpress is a good overview. And as always, FUCK BLUFOR AND FUCK EUGEN
>>
>>905048
Watch your game replays man and learn from it
>>
>>905048
I don't remember which AI if VH or H but with certain custom decks they were impossible to beat
>>
>>905070
Half the reason I played that game was just the great job they did on the factions. VA work was stellar, it’s a damn shame we didn’t get live action cutscenes though. Imagine Kane dressing up with a headscarf and taliban beard to play Doctor Thrax.
>>905079
>>905090
10v10s? Never gonna touch em. No points, no coordination, no fun.
>>905104
>>905621
It’s not the units or the tactics I’m complaining about, that I’m bad at yes, but that will improve over time with enough investment. What I am talking about is the fact I literally can’t manage even half the units on the front at once. My brain is hardcapped or some shit, idk.
Read the blog though and it was pretty good, he’s probably actually french too because wow, he has a hard on for helo rushers. Maybe that’s just a symptom of playing ranked or something, but whatever.
>>905651
i lost to the default US and USSR armored battlegroups...
>>
>>905740
Ive never tried AI just dove straight to pvp
>>
>>905740
>10v10s? Never gonna touch em. No points, no coordination, no fun.
That only happens on 1v1 maps, bigger ones obviously have more points.
You were complaining that you can't manage a huge front, 10v10 would fit you well.
>>
>>905079
the cheat trainer has ruined most of the 10v10 servers
>>
>>906622
Ive seen cheaters only in the chinese 10v10 servers
>>
Twelve days
>>
Keeno
>>
There's a new dev diary. Basically just confirmed they're doing CENTAG then NORTHAG and the French-disbanded imaginary SOUTHAG
>>
>>909657
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1611600/view/3136194176962351409
>>
>>900700
You probably don't want too start with all infantry using transport helos. While that can be effective, it's a more advanced strategy and you lose the ground support of having the vehicles. It's also much easier too load your infantry back into transport vehicles than into helo's. Playing strictly helo infantry really requires good map knowledge more than anything.
Recon infantry is ok too have in helo's even preferable, but you should get some cheap vehicle recon too spam if you find yourself losing your high value units quickly, a wide battlefield awareness is your best bet at recovery when your getting pushed back.
>>
Lads, why is Denmark such a comfy nation to play? I’ve been maining them since ALB. Never gets old bootyblasting RED tryhards.
>>
>>906911
ive seen them on the Eugene 10v10s
>>
File: EUGENE.jpg (370 KB, 2560x1440)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>910309
>Eugene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBp4b6wZR7o
>>
File: wow.jpg (430 KB, 660x833)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>910299
Maybe because the Otomagic is fucking bullshit
>>
>>910320
It is bullshit, so I don’t always take it out. Unless I really need to blast some planes or stop that cheap shit rush. But all the other units make Denmark more fun to me then any other deck. My favorite infantry is theirs with the FKP/Jægere 90.
Granted FKP are bottom tier SF for multiple reasons and Jg90 are fantastic but still fairly niche even with the MP5SD.
>>
>>910299
I never lose to a scandi deck. Their deck is just so limited. I almost always just roll over them with my entente or yugo deck
>>
>>909657
>>910008
So we're going to have to pay for the privilege of playing as Poland and Czechoslovakia?
>>
>>910351
nah man you should be aggro with the oto, it can kill anything you point it at
>>
>>911923
For SD2 they released some divisions for free and some as paid. They're not owned by paradox anymore so we'll see how it goes, but basically yes

>>911890
>I win when I play as the most broken deck in the game
Really blowing my mind here anon
>>
File: 251060_20220112120837_1.png (1.65 MB, 1920x1080)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
Post 1v1 decks.
>>
>>911923
Yess, goy, yeeesss….
>>
>>912007
Sorry, I don't play 1v1.
>>
>>911923
Yes, and we will.
>>
File: 1522585386025.gif (267 KB, 400x236)
267 KB
267 KB GIF
>>911923
I'm buying the super season pass fullgoy edition and you can't stop me
>>
File: nooffmap.png (24 KB, 802x230)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>879169
>>878999
No offmap
>>
is it just me or do eurofighters have some sort of retard seed? stat wise they seem like perfectly good units, but every time I use them they seem to be consistently underperforming when compared to MiG-29s or American fighters.
>>
>>912688
Very good news. Offmap arti in SD2 is a shit mechanic on many levels.
>>
>>912693
Expensive ASF in general is too inconsistent to justify the price.
>>
>>912727
which ones do you recommend for commonwealth decks then?
>>
>>912728
Tornado F.2, Tornado F.3 and CF-188 are all amazing ASF for the price. You pick F.2 and either of the other two - or just the F.2 if you only take 1 card of ASF.
>>
>>912748
their long range missiles are SA though, isn't it a problem that they'll miss if your fighter gets hit first?
>>
>>912693
Want to see a real retard seed? Try NASAMS. Fucking NASAMS.
>>
>>912779
I hear SA works as long as the plane is on map and not actively evacing. So shoot and turn should still work. Never got to confirm this.
>>
Is NK Moto the best kept secret of this game?
>>
>>913208
You're thinking of Finn Mech
>>
>>913208
You mean FR Moto
>>
>>913208
The actual best kept secret of this game is the fact that you can land helicopters in forests.
>>
>>913248
Based retard
>>
>>900700
Helicopter infantry sucks because most infantry can kill the pilot in 20 yards or less, especially if he's already taking fire from your squad. Helicopter infantry is also expensive and takes up one more helo then usual, so unless you got an assault team at the back to protect it, it's an easy target for an enemy team.
>>
>>913252
Say what you want, but only a few people are aware of this trick, and even less of them know how to utilize it.
>>
>>913538
>>913248
>>913252
Obvious BS you cannot do this
>>
File: 251060_20220113184236_1.png (2.96 MB, 1920x1080)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
>>913556
Send a helo to a forest, hold shift and press the change altitude button.
>>
>>913567
fake
>>
>>913567
HOVERING IS NOT LANDING ANON
>>
>>913569
True, they don't land, just hover really low, so you can't use it to hide helo cv in forests. But it's still useful because forests break LoS, protecting the helo from AA.
>>
>Steel Division 2: Tribute to the Liberation of Italy completes your Steel Division 2 experience with 4 new nations, 8 new Divisions playable in solo, coop, or multiplayer, 300+ new units including brand-new vehicle and plane models, as well as new infantry model sets.
>Not a single fucking map.
I hate those french faggots.
>>
>>913575
You are a retard newfag. It shows your rank as Pvt which means retarded.
>>
>>914107
>two of the maps they released are locked behind DLC so you can never play them
>the "new" map they recently brought out is just reworked from the promotional footage
>the new town map they promised was cancelled
Can't wait for a handful of viable new maps in WARNO so we can play them for 8 years
>>
>>914207
>newfag
Cool self own, my guy. SP skirmish games always show your rank as PvT.
>>
File: 1587319518052.png (347 KB, 750x632)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>Cool self own, my guy. SP skirmish games always show your rank as PvT.
>>
>>899886
And inf push through Bravo with good anti Air really spooks blufor. if you fast move down through into the city with fast Zhalos you can catch Blufor unguarded. It'll free up for a push into Foxtrot. Taking that hill really lets you push into golf with fire support.
>>
Based and redpilled
>>
Someone make a new thread

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.