[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 53 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CoE.png (40 KB, 726x60)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Does anyone play Conquest of Elysium? Trying out CoE5 and it's pretty fun for such a random game. Music is okay as well but kind of repetitive.

What's a good class to choose when just starting out with the game?
>>
I dunno probably Senator. It's just Rome.
>>
>>796400
Starting off
>troll king
>senator
>baron
a little complicated
>necromancer
>witch
>high priestess
>druid
some restarts needed
>markgraf
>hoburb
>dryad
>warlock
I hate playing these classes
>Voice of El
>Illusionist
>Dwarves
>Pale Ones
Everything else is some level of restarts needed and complicated.
>>
>>796400
Random and just roll with it.
Also you should have the maximum amount of AIs on unique random so that every single faction is on the map until 50% of them die on turn 3.
>>
>>796710
Kobolds are fairly simple as well. They're kinda weak but you get lots of shitters for free so you can often just steamroll the AI, and their casters are pretty cheap and efficient.
>>
>>796710
Would you say the AI is worse at playing some classes than others?

What happens if the number of units in armies exceed the number of spaces on the map?
>>
>>796400
Install the mod that adds immobile defenders and an immobile commander in your capitol. This removes the #1 gripe with the game.
>>
>>797231
What gripe is that? Moving all the units from your base like a dumbo and having a snake or ally take it? I've been playing an enchanter so far, so I just put guardians or gargoyles there.

My #1 gripe is the movement being based on 3 points and lots of things taking 2 points to move to. The second is there being lots of equip slots but equipment seemingly being rare. The third is the seeming lack of medics in the world such that a minor wound turns into an infection that kills you when you could have just given the unit a peg leg or something. Like I can literally stitch you back together and raise you from the dead but I can't even close your chest wound with magic.
>>
>>797210
>What happens if the number of units in armies exceed the number of spaces on the map?
If it's anything like Dominions, the map just expands.
>>
>>797261
>Moving all the units from your base like a dumbo and having a snake or ally take it?
It's more for the AI than for the player. By giving the AI some immobile defenders you avoid a situation where half the enemies die in the first 20 turns or so.
>>
>>797349
I haven't seen the AI leave all their bases undefended or die off that early, so it must have just been something early on that was fixed.
>>
>>796841
Kobolds get slaughtered pretty hard by Necromancer. Fear is a huge problem for me when I try the class out, as Mountain of Skulls just routs my army before I can get any hit in.
>>797210
AI level just determines the amount of income boost they receive. Some classes which have no consequence to summoning will easily field armies much larger than you. Classes that have a cost/risk associated with their main spells will still be threatening, but can be beatable.
>exceed the number of spaces
I have seen armies of druids/dryads in the 500+ territory, rest assured there is no limit to army size per tile.
>>
>>796400
Also new and I found Necromancer easy enough to pick up once you come up with yout strategy to deal with insanity. I really like the speed/scale of the game. Scratches that strategy itch without requiring you commit to a 50 hour campaign (seems like around 8 hours).

I've been toying around with the modding guide/other mods and am interested in making a Lords of Magic mod that adds possibly all 8 factions - just a daydream now but could be really fun once I have more free time (just had kid born). The mechanics of the games parallel in interesting ways so it could be the closest I'd ever get to a sequel to one of my favorite games. Any other LoM fans get what I mean?
>>
>>796400
Objectively best starter classes are senator and baron.
Although baron benefits in monarchy and senator in empire/fallen empire, extra options in those.
Both get additional resources/gold and baron has decent freespawn
I'd argue baron can be better than senator in early ages because ancient forests give alicorns.
>>
>>797534
>insanity
As long as they aren't actively insane you can attach them to another commander and ignore the insanity for movement.
>>
Do new cities and mines spawn over time or do they just get scouted better and I couldn't tell before?
>>
>>798707
They don't spawn over time, your scouting is just improving.
>>
>>799224
Did mines sometimes spawn due to random events, or am I misremembering?
>>
>>799227
There are gold mine events specifically, but they involve things invading gold mines. Trolls, horrors, tartarians, whatever. I haven't personally seen any event about the creation of new mines, though.
>>
>>799233
annoying gold dragon sitting on a gold mine right now.

What do craters do? Do they spawn space horrors, or what? Some mad cultist fisherman keeps spawning in it but nothing else has happened except there are some elder things a while away that just sit there.
>>
>>799233
>>799227
Also are you sure? It does feel like dwarf queens suddenly spawn on mountains and then have a mine under them.

>>799224
Does this mean they are invisible before?
>>
>>799327
Craters generate a ton of gems, and if a mad fisherman gets there and sits there long enough he creates a perfect cube which acts like a horror magnet.

>>799329
I'm sure. Dwarf Queens can spawn, but that's because independent dwarfs can propagate. An independent Dvala will spawn raiding parties of dwarfs and dwarf councilors, and if the dwarf councilor makes it to another mine he spawns a new dvala there. He doesn't create the mine, but he does create the dvala.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1003 KB, 2077x1375)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
I like it when the big guys kill the small guys
>>
>>797534
>Lords of Magic mod
Sounds incredibly based, and you're right the mechanics do kind of fit. You could always release the modded factions one by one, a lot of Dom5 modders do that. Also congrats on the kid anon
>>
>>797562
True that's a key trick to learn, but also just how to be conservative in when you use Summons (on good sites)

>>800123
Thanks kind anon, this a blessing. And you're right I should just work on 1 faction to start as I get my bearings. From what I've gathered making unique units is fairly easy, but I'm still clueless on magic/building customization.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.39 MB, 1419x1054)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
Man, this guy could kill all 5 of his friends at once just by saying "fuck you".
>>
>>797261
Regeneration can heal diseases.
>>
>>798707
Cloud Lords can spawn new cities, Dwarf Queens, Kobold and Goblin something-something can turn mines into fortresses.
Some cities are hidden by shrouds.
>>
>>799331
>and if a mad fisherman gets there and sits there long enough he creates a perfect cube
WHAT?
>>
>>802214
Fast healing as well.
>>
Took me a while to realize that even though Scourge Lord commanders always start with the same default rituals, you can use the "learn ritual" button to get other ones. Are there any other factions where there are certain rituals that your commanders will never start with, but need to be learned with the learn additional ritual feature?
>>
>>802254
Enchanters learn all their rituals through ritual learning rituals.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (873 KB, 2560x1378)
873 KB
873 KB JPG
I feel like there's an imbalance between casters and non casters.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (745 KB, 1922x1370)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
>>802299
Okay this has to be a glitch. During the battle, the onyx golem near the gate got decayed, but is also holding a berserk causing artifact and is in berserk state. After battle, it kept taking decay damage and being berserk but the damage kept healing it until it was like 3x its original HP and then the battle ended and it was fine and with full HP. It's not some hidden property of them is it?
>>
>>802254
yes? pretty much most ritual casters start at level 1/2 but can go up to 3 but do so through greater rituals of mastery. deep cultists cap out at level 2 but they can summon a starspawn who has different rituals and can go up to level 3. Cloud Lords can learn to summon frost titans who have their own summoning ritual for wolves and giants.
>>
>>802305
>yes? pretty much most ritual casters start at level 1/2 but can go up to 3 but do so through greater rituals of mastery
Nah I'm talking about how you can learn additional rituals without leveling up if you want, for a reduced cost. For most factions this is just a way to get multiple same-level rituals on the same caster for whatever reason, but with Scourge Lord the only way to gain access to any level 1 or 2 rituals besides the default erect pillar and spawn herald is to use the learn additional rituals button
>>
Can you mod when the music plays in this game? It needs seperate end of turn/battle music.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.07 MB, 575x1011)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
I started a game because I wanted to see how the battle reports look, but I started off surrounded by elephants and tigers and catoblepas and stuff and noticed the cultist I randomly started off with had Invade Mind. 5 turns later I decide I'm keeping with this game and doing what I actually wanted to do another time.
>>
>>796710
>Voice of El
I love to steamroll with this one and get angels dropshipping from the heavens, but the start is so fucking painful.
>>
>>799459
it's such a waste to turn resources into non-healing golems when you can have enchanters spam animated weapons and suits.
>>
>>804042
Animated suits cost too much. Why spend 50 iron for 5 when I could get 5 heavy infantry for 25 or 2 tree golems which are each as strong as 5 of them? I could spend the 10 iron grafting a flesh golem to be stronger and actually heal. Meanwhile that stone golem can solo that army for ~10 hp.
>>
>>804004
Yeah the various conversion spells are game changing in the early game especially, it always hurts when you're a faction like El for instance and don't get conversion on any of your starting commanders
>>
Why isn't this game popular compared to Dominions anyway? Too random?
>>
>>807336
probably because its too random in bad ways, and it doesnt have as much depth.
>>
>>807336
Not as many chances to trololo your opponent due to unreliable tech-up, way more general randomness, expansion is a lot slower due to the way movement and recruitment (at least for some of the factions) work, a lot less multiplayer friendly.

It's basically a rogue-lite (most of the higher-end stuff is outside you control) 4X with an overwhelming accent on single-player.
>>
>>807562
What are some bad ways in which it is random?
>>807576
>rogue-lite (most of the higher-end stuff is outside you control)
So rogue-lite means "game with RNG" nowadays, like how RPG means "characters can level up"?
>>
>>807674
Uhh... yes? Definitions can change over time, you know?
Would it have been more accurate had I described it as a "4X with rogue-lite elements"?
>>
>>807681
I don't understand what these 'rogue-lite elements' are supposed to be other than "it has RNG". If it were like Elona but with war bands or something, I'd get it but if having a randomly generated map and random access to your tech makes it a rogue-lite then there are a lot of rogue-lite 4xes.
>>
>>807713
In terms of how it plays it feels like an old roguelike even though it's really not because of the emphasis on exploration, the weird fiddly mechanics, the numpad control, and the focus on controlling singular characters - which also have armies attached. I won't defend the label, but I can see why it gets applied even if it's not accurate.
>>
File: 1580757024147s.jpg (2 KB, 124x120)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>807713
It's simple. Your faction is your character, the map locations and randomized recruitment are your typical "go with what you find" rogue elements. And there is a lot of random shit to find, a lot. What would happen if you mixed 4X with Rogue? Something like CoE. Faget.
>>
>>807336
>>807576
I think lack of Multiplayer is the biggest thing, doesn't encourage a lot of meta talk between players when there isn't a new release.

Also it's just overall a shorter/tighter game which is one of the reasons I like it - but that's not generally what "strategy fans" tend to gravitate towards.
>>
>>808193
You'd get something closer to Dwarf Fortress adventure mode. Honestly one thing I like most about this game is that units don't require upkeep to continue existing, something that might as well be anti-4x and anti-rogue.
>>
How do I farm equipment?
>>
>>809848
be an enchanter or charm one and own a bunch of mines
>>
>>809874
It feels like only commanders should have slots if it's going to be like that. I got lots of weapons this time around though. Some of them aren't 100% clear about what they do, but I got this one called an oakbane axe. I wish I had it earlier though. I could put it on my old weapon master and have like 3 1-15 attacks with sweep but I only have one enemy left who is probably going to annihilate anything melee.
>>
>>811889
>only commanders should have slots
you obviously have never experienced the joy of having a bloodstone amulet on a high tier golem
>>
>>812042
I have never even seen a bloodstone amulet.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.01 MB, 1062x966)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
It's a doggy dog world...
>>
>sea dragon with a ring of invisibility
>>
>>817606
Must be a pretty bad ring of invisibility
>>
>>818305
No, it ate two boats, One empty, one full.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.69 MB, 1844x2182)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB PNG
This thing is a fucking monster for it to not have any breath attacks. If I can kill the Death Knight with a ring of protection elsewhere in the world and give it to him, that'd be amazing. Meanwhile that fucking ghost probably killed 3 of my own units because it wouldn't stand in front of them. https://files.catbox.moe/27dyzr.mp4

>>796841
I can't even imagine playing as kobolds, hoburgs, or bakemono. I couldn't bear losing tons of guys all the time.
>>
>>818423
Kobolds get so much freespawn that it doesn't matter, especially later on. Hoburgs are pure pain to play though, and bakemono honestly don't rely that much on their freespawn/chaff. Bakemono summons and archer samurai are where it's at
>>
Warlock is the absolute worst class
>>
>>819817
Warlock seems to be the class the AI plays the best and I hope I never have to deal with massed storm elementals. What makes it bad?
>>
>>819817
never tried enchanter huh?
>>
>>821241
Enchanter is good, Has rituals that aren't random and can't fail to be controlled, doesn't have dud summons, doesn't have vulnerable mirrors like the Illusionist, has decent support magic, capable of producing creatures that do physical and magical damage.
>>
>>821441
never played enchanter huh?
>>
>>821888
I play it a lot. What's your problem with it? It's the least annoying ritual mage class because I can just spam a bunch of swords and bows or make a couple flesh golems to get started. The only problem I have with it is it takes too much iron to make stuff like animated armor and tools. For what they cost, the tools should automatically double the income of wherever they're at. I do sometimes make the mistake of attacking with more than one army and cockblocking my mages and archers, but usually it's a fun time of my enemies getting beaten up, mind controlled, and setting themselves on fire.
>>
>>822019
since this started off with warlocks being called the absolute worse lets make a comparison
warlock has:
>mages that can actually contribute to a fight
>mages that can summon multiple times per turn and dont need to be stuck in a city to accomplish anything so they can even lead armies without issue
>mages that upgrade with their own resource so you can still recruit troops as needed
>most tier 1 summons are better than anything enchanter gets and you can get multiples per summon
>summons do not require specific terrain features to be used and will also not destroy said features
>can summon both powerful mages and commanders
>all summoning spells are reliable
enchanter:
>starts with single weak summons that take multiple action points to make
>perhaps the most useless magic school in the game as most summons are already highly resistant or immune to most damage types
>any turn a mage spends out in the field is a turn wasted/cannot move and expect to summon anything
>no summonable mages or commanders
>powerful golems destroy much needed resources and are expensive in gold/iron and actions
>powerful golems require specific feature to be made, if you have no easy access to these features you can waste several turns marching an enchanter there
>upgrading enchanters is expensive and uses gold which can prevent you from recruiting troops or even much needed mages
>golems while powerful are also easily whittled down as they cannot heal naturally and generally can only kill a couple human targets at once
there's likely plenty more points that I could make but these should be good enough
the only real advantage Enchanter has is being able to build a portal network (which really is significant) but otherwise enchanter largely loses out to pretty much an of the other mage classes
>>
>>822068
>starts with single weak summons that take multiple action points to make
Untrue. Each summon is stronger than the basic unit. A sword despite having 1 hp has 4 armor and a slightly higher attack and can hardly be damaged by a normal starting unit. Bows and spears are similarly better than their human equivalents. The other basic kind of summon, the flesh golem is stronger than multiple basic troops and heals. And can be upgraded by bonding iron to it.

>perhaps the most useless magic school in the game as most summons are already highly resistant or immune to most damage types
Being able to put armies to sleep is useful for any mage, most golems don't actually have all that much armor so armor spells make them basically invulnerable, and fire is their only real weakness which is taken care of by a spell that sets the enemy on fire when they attack the golems in addition to protecting them. Luckiness also helps a lot in stopping hits.
I'd say most useless is illusionist's or witch's.

>any turn a mage spends out in the field is a turn wasted/cannot move and expect to summon anything
They don't need to summon all the time, just make 3 or 4 golems backed up with a line of archers and go. Too many golems just get in the way of each other and your ranged units.

>no summonable mages or commanders
Guardian statues shoot lightning and higher level golems like crystal or iron can shoot out attacks. Also Juggernauts. They are technically commanders though you can't control them as well as being mages, and they are accessible pretty early on if you can get to a temple.

>powerful golems destroy much needed resources and are expensive in gold/iron and actions
Oh no, I really needed that gold mine to be occupied by a shitty dragon instead of destroying my enemies! I'll miss u ancient forest! Drain the swamps? B-but the poor catoblepases!? You can double the trade output of cities easily enough anyway.
>>
>>804042
At the start, for sure. But once you are about mid-late game and you are pushing into someone else’s territory taking one of their mines and making a golem is an excellent way to keep your push momentum going.
>>
>>816128
Dog eat dog. Not doggy dog.
>>
>>822068
>upgrading enchanters is expensive and uses gold which can prevent you from recruiting troops or even much needed mages
Enchanters don't cost fucking anything to upgrade compared to the general mage that needs 600 gold to get to third level. Enchanter is only 360. Level 2 might as well be free. You can just go steal your troops by midgame anyway with necrotods. Which are another type of technical mage-like thing you can summon.

>golems while powerful are also easily whittled down as they cannot heal naturally and generally can only kill a couple human targets at once
Your basic flesh golem can heal. Your mid level clay golem can not only heal but regenerate. Some others can conditionally heal. High level ones probably aren't going to die. This is also where your enchanter comes in. The enemy army can't do anything if they are all asleep and can't scratch your golems when they aren't. Golems are mostly there to tank for archers and ballistae and other assorted things that might be in your army. Nonetheless, it'd take like 3 armies to whittle down a higher level golem even with little support.
Second of all, elementals can't heal either, since you're comparing to warlock.

Enchanters aren't gimped by
-having their mirrors destroyed/run out of spells
-things being immune to the one kind of magic they can use
-their own summons killing them
-killing their summons with their attacks
-needing tanks to protect their good summons
>>
>>822083
>has 4 armor .. and can hardly be damaged by a normal starting unit
in theory yes, in practice they are a joke
>Being able to put armies to sleep is useful for any mage
most mages can also incapacitate or just straight up kill things unlike enchanter
>armor spells make them basically invulnerable
until they fight anything larger than a human which other mage classes will have in abundance
>fire is their only real weakness which is taken care of by a spell that sets the enemy on fire when they attack the golems
that spell doesnt protect against fire and can also buff nearby enemies, so lul
>I'd say most useless is illusionist's or witch's
is this a joke?
>Guardian statues shoot lightning...
are you seriously comparing a guardian statue to a mage? do you have no understanding of the importance of actual commanders?
and that last line isn't even worth commenting on
do you play this game on jester or something? I mean that's fine if that is what is fun for you but please don't pretend you have any understanding of the game when you play it on easy mode
>>
>>822099
>general mage that needs 600 gold to get to third level
and their 3rd lvl spells are generally also worthwhile unlike enchanter who gets mostly garbage
>Enchanter is only 360
still not a small amount as thats a small army or a handful of golems or even several mages worth of gold
>necrotods. Which are another type of technical mage-like thing
anon...
>Golems are mostly there to tank for archers and ballistae and other assorted things that might be in your army
I'm starting to think you just might be cheating in gold and iron cause I'm not sure how you are affording this in any reasonable time frame while also fight off the rest of the map
>it'd take like 3 armies to whittle down a higher level golem even with little support.
or just a combat mage or 2, but I'm not sure you know what those are if you compare mages with necrotods and guardian statues
>Second of all, elementals can't heal either, since you're comparing to warlock.
because it isnt an issue for warlock when you can spend one or 2 actions and replace your loses in the field
>Enchanters aren't gimped by...
those are pretty much non-issues for everyone except illusionts
>>
>>822123
Your problem is not respecting sleep magic and thinking you need more than one or two golems instead of more archers.
>>
>>822126
sleep is great and all, but you know what else is great? taking out 3 golems turn 1 with a lucky chasm or maws of the earth
>>
What are 3 changes would you make to your favorite class if you could?
>>
>>826511
senator. let them build more shit on the map. i want to build aqueducts, bridges, roads, etc. if they wanted to be autistic about it, they could make them require upkeep or else the buildings go into disrepair and need to be repaired for 1/3 or 1/2 the price that it cost to build them.
if this was done, i wouldn't be torn between baron who can build shit and senator for my Roman larping dreams.
>>
>>826511
Create boat golem
Animate sphinx
Create fortress golem
>>
>>826511
Markgraf: Starts in an Old Castle Ruin instead of a Fortified Hoburg
Barbarian: Starts with a Spirit Guide
Troll King: Starts with a Goblin Shaman
Enchanter: Instead of "Never Heal" golems have the tag "Only Heals on Fortified Locations"

Not quite what you asked for but a lot of classes could be substantially improved with only one change.
>>
>>827032
It'd be too op if golems kept their hp and resistances and healed. Plant based ones should heal for the same reason flesh golems heal though. Doesn't make sense a dead body can heal but a living forest can't. Maybe stone ones could stand to absorb rock and cliffs from the battlefield and heal. Then again in terms of OPness, I think terracotta warriors and statues shouldn't consume swamps/temples. Just give them a mud/statue counter like with corpses, swamps refill every year, temples maybe gain 1-2 new ones a year. Also statues shouldn't be slow. Everything else floats or moves normally.

For a third thing, I'd move the creation of artifacts to the second level so you could start collecting gems earlier. Enchanter really doesn't take into account the time it takes to gather resources and move to locations in its concept of being slow to make things. I'd probably drop 1 action off anything that cost 2-3 actions and 2 off anything that cost more.
>>
How come they've gone through five games and the graphics still looks last millennium?
>>
Playing Necro gets annoying with the insanity mechanic. I understand it's there to penalize you for snowballing too fast but god damn, the RNG of whether your primary dude is going to skip a turn or not is maddening.

Similarly, demonologist and cultist summoning RNG makes me rage quit sometimes.
>>
>>827284
RNG summoning is one of two things I feel make this game tempting to save scum. The other is the tendency to die all of a sudden, be it from the summoning(which I'd fix by making you not have to summon it on the same tile you're standing.) or some other random ass shit happening. It's not even like a roguelike where it's just "oh, well let's start over" or any situation where it's unavoidable or gradual. It's just "suddenly your main guy is dead" and if you reload it doesn't even happen again.

As for summoning, instead of/in addition to not needing to stand on the direct tile you should be able to somehow choose what you're going to summon and get some feedback on how likely you are to fail to control it/summon something else.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.66 MB, 1886x1394)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
I wonder what kind of calculations nets make that they trigger acid blood at 50% for so much. Nets seem like they automatically work, but the way acid blood works seems like they rolled a die of at least d40
>>
File: heal.png (338 KB, 924x389)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>827032
>>827048
as far as enchanter healing goes, I just wish they had a version of pic for inanimates
make it tier 3 or limit the passive heal, just give enchanters something
>>
>>819889
Gem classes are already ridiculously overpriced but usually have some sort of gimmick to balance it out like freespawn or good troops. Warlock has none of that plus their summons don't heal.
>>
>Summon hydra
>Enemy's troops are immune to poison (aura)
>Mine are not
>>
>summon for 500 'shrooms
>presence pops out and fails
>summon for 200 'shrooms
>swamp god pops out and succeeds
>summon for 200 more
>gorgon pops out and succeeds
yeah, giving more than normal is a newbie trap isn't it?
>>
>>828551
Depends on the class/summon in question. For Witches, all summons at major and above have a chance of breaking free even at max fungi, and the demonologist is the same for sacrifices with spells of Summon Greater Demon and up. However, I believe the Bakemono actually has perfect control at 200% sacrifices even for the highest level of summoning, and for shit like the demon lords you need max sacrifices to even have a chance of binding them. I think that by default Demon Lords have a 5% or a 10% chance of being bound, but max sacrifices can get you up to 30-40%. I forget the exact numbers but it's pretty substantial.
>>
Witches are so weird. Their concept is some cultist/druid thing summoning ancient horrors from swamps, then they go contemporary fairy tale witch being able to turn people into frogs and use mirrors to see things, then they go Greek and turn people into pigs and for some reason can summon Greek monsters. They get the Salem/contemporary type witch with the black cats and their graphic, but why can't they fly? What kind of witch can't fly around on a broom or staff or something? They're really hardcore about the frog things, even a witches eating people thing with the androphages, but they could stand to make an Oz reference and have flying monkies, maybe have bats and small spiders as one of those weak summons.
>>
>>829050
do witches usually fly in dnd? I feel like most of the generic classes are just trying to ape whatever their dnd equivalent would be
>>
>>831365
Is there a witch class in DnD? If there is, I'm sure it doesn't pick mushrooms, summon tentacle monsters, raise an army of cannibals, and then poison them all to death herself.
I swear to fuck this class, 50,000 commanders, the good ones stand in mid to back where they can't use their best abilities, the shitty ones stand in front and are first to die, the best units kill everything in front of and behind them regardless of faction, and like half the greatest summons are actually useless. They also have way too many slow units but at least most of them are useful in some way, being ranged or being able to go in the water where you move 2 spaces a turn anyway. But seriously, being able to make swamps poison at level 2 but not having poison resistance 100 themselves until level 3 is bull, just like not having swamp walk even though they need to go into swamps all the time. Hell, they need forest walk too. It's why flying would be better.
>>
>>796841
I tried a game as kobold and I just wasn't having a good time. It relies too much on hordes of shitter troops. Also the lack of powerful summons, besides the single non-controllable elder dragons that do almost nothing besides protect your mines, makes end game not very good. Other factions can have powerful spellcasters that can wipe your horde of shitty units in a few aoe spells. Also the elder dragon, as an end game summon, is pretty shit compared to the literal gods you can summon and actually control with some other factions.
>>
>play Necromancer
>insane and skipping turn 80% of the time
Fun fun fun.
>>
>>831665
Fool, you hire human troops until you can advance to lichdom/vampirism. Then you can summon infinite hordes of undead
>>
>>831706
hmmmmm. I will try this then. I did a random era though so I couldn't find a place to become a lich on the map. I think it gave me Agricultural.
>>
>>831665
>>831706
Do Manflayers (witch's necromancers) go insane? I haven't tried necromancers/necromancy yet so I don't know if the mechanics are class based or what.
>>
File: asshole_batman.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1051)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>831739
Necro is utter bullshit once you hit tier 3 since they're all immortal.
>>
>>831827
Why's your font like that and the exp icons so spaced out?
>>
File: Untitled.png (900 KB, 746x547)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
What does this faction color behind the dragon indicate? They're not associated with current existing factions.
>>
>>832061
aggressive neutrals
usually like bandits and horrors
>>
>>831769
No, Manflayers don't raise dead like normal necromancers do, they just get Minor Suimmoning which carries no risk of insanity but also costs 10 hands of glory a cast.
>>
>>831706
>>831739
Ok, I tried this strategy and I'm having lots of trouble survive without raising dead before I can save up enough hands of glory to become a lich
>>
>>832140
Ghost/Wight necromancers also passively regenerate sanity, although they do it more slowly than liches and they're not immortal. If you're really having trouble, try twiceborning one of your necromancers and using them to raise the dead, then throw them to certain death when the insanity gets too bad.
>>
I really fucking hate fighting against dwarves. The councillor spam capturing all my shit is so fucking annoying.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3.33 MB, 1792x5220)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
Got sneak attacked and the battle was quite the ride. She feared one of her snakes and my wisp confused on into joining us and enslaved two others. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything that could harm her with the shade beasts dead. The eye of the old one (witch & troll magic +1) and whispering skull (necromancy + 1) are gone now. I was specifically planning a proper attack on her to get those, even though one is a cursed item anyway, but now she's made me lose them, but at least she's undefended and further into my area than I expected so I can just go kill her and probably end the trolls.
>>
>>834932
Oh man, the troll player even had the Eye of the Old One but it got stuck on some Ormr rather than Mum, that's gotta hurt.
>>
Is there ever a reason to send an army (usually requiring my strongest army) to another plane?
>>
>>835581
Escaping the prime material plane?
>>
>>835603
Would you ever want to though? You'll be going to a plane where neutrals are on overdrive and you'll need an insanely strong army to conquer any unit recruiting location.
>>
>>835517
It's just an AI, so it doesn't matter. It hurt me more playing witch that it disappeared instead of them just slaughtering my army so I could try to get it later. At least the running snake did escape and get the skull back so I got a manslayer with level 2 spells later.

>>835581
An army, if it's like to the sky and you're going to conquer some stuff, sure. If it's a one way trip to one of the harder to get to planes, just send someone who can get you a way out, like you can send an enchanter who can make a portal back(bad idea) or a witch who can scout out a swamp on that plane or something. The only reason to send an army is if you're sure it can kill anything that might happen if you land somewhere hostile, otherwise you're likely to just warp into magma and lose the army or something.
>>
>>835607
>>835581
But if it's through a existing portal, why not? Just get that insane army and conqueror.
>>
>>835622
>otherwise you're likely to just warp into magma and lose the army or something.
That happened to my barbarian army just now. Used an Infernal Paths scroll and landed in magma.
>>
>>835630
Yeah but the kind of neutrals i'll be fighting on other planes require an army so powerful that I might as well have won the game by wiping all other players by this point. I'd have to purposefully hold back on crushing the AI so I can explore other planes, some of which have very shitty resources despite having very strong neutral armies protecting everything.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (755 KB, 1858x1440)
755 KB
755 KB JPG
>>836828
They aren't that strong. Like this, I happened to have a gem of fire resistance and a way to get to inferno, so I make a small army and this presence with like 300 stored up hp as a tank and tried summoning something else big. I got that wyrm. So I warp to inferno, and ended up in that forest behind the tower bridge (I think I may have actually ended up in the magma tile to the left of it, but was able to walk to the forest) and put the fire gem onto the wyrm and it slaughters everything in the tower, which were fire imps, devils, and a big one with the fire sword. After taking the sword for my witch, I basically left the army behind and have been rampaging around with just the snake, presence(which can tank the magma), and the ability to charm things/summon more. The original army was mostly bog beasts and a swamp drake and some archers because nothing was immune to poison.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.41 MB, 2560x2724)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>836887
Meanwhile here on the primal plane, it's been just a bunch of barbarian tier guys. Provided, I'm just hanging out here to let my monsters get swole. The last time I was able to get here though, it was through a portal from the celestial plane and it was blocked off by some super castle full of angels. It varies really. Depends on what you have access to in terms of offense and defense. Getting to the planes and back is the hard part though.

In general, you probably just underestimate your army. You should definitely explore the sky at least, since it's usually the one you'll have access to no matter what.
>>
>>796710
>voice of El
I just played this one the first time today and I started with mass conversion. In my first fight In a nearby village I converted 3 archers and 2 swordsman, every other fight was the same - I’d convert more than I’d lose. I know you can’t choose your spells but if you start with this spell you actually have the absolute easiest start of any faction, hands down. I’ve broken 5 seals so far and I’m just getting so many free paladins, angels, harbringers and hundreds of flagellents to protect my towns. For a pitiful 150 gold I started an inquisition which has conquered a massive portion of the map on its own.
>>
>>836919
>I know you can’t choose your spells but if you start with this spell you actually have the absolute easiest start of any faction, hands down.
It's like that with anything that can take over enemy minds. Cultists with invade mind, enchanters that get early access to necrotods(or to a temple and the create juggernaut spell), anyone that starts with confusion to a lesser extent.
>>
>>836903
I think that Heaven, Aztlan, and the Primal are really underdeveloped. No unique recruits, no real special treasures outside the Great Archon's artifact, no reason to conquer them. Hell, Hades, and the Elemental Planes all have unique recruits and reasons to go there.
>>
>>836941
Primal has its own residents that aren't anywhere else and causes animals to become more powerful when they're there for a while. It's worth going to if you have a largely animal based army. All you have to do is just sit there and power up. I haven't explored Aztlan but it and the Celestial plane are probably there primarily to have places for things to be summoned from.
>>
>>836955
If you want Primal animals its way easier to just summon Sacred Moose, which can turn one normal animal in the same stack per turn into its Primal variant. I conquered Mag Mell on the Primal Plane and got fuck-all for it - no fir bolg or sidhe recruits, no treasure, no nothing. The Primal seems like it exists mainly to house all the unique Druid summons, although it's at least more profitable than Heaven because the Primal Plane has a lot of hamlets and villages.
>>
>>836981
>It's easier to just be a druid bro
>>
>>828858
There is definitely an astrological factor to summoning which you can only ‘see’ if you have a high level astrologer. It will tell you weather or the stars are well aligned for summoning or not. I’m not sure weather this affects the chance of success, the amount summoned, or both. But I think it definitely affects the success chance since in a lot of cases you only summon one thing at a time so otherwise the star alignments would be pointless. I played a demonologist game only a week ago and waited until the stars were in good alignment and tried to summon a demon lord with max sacrifices. It didn’t work, so as an experiment I waited until they were in good alignment again and I save-scummed at least 10 times and it never worked a single time. Maybe I was just getting really unlucky but just based on my own experience I think there is a less than 10% to bind a demon lord with max sacs AND good star alignment.
>>
>>837008
Isn't star alignment only for the cultists because Lovecraft stuff and horrors from the void?
>>
>>836929
I haven’t tried all the factions (cultist included), but most of them I have and any conversion spell is amazing as you say. But, we’re talking about a conversion spell that hits up to 5 units. I dunno, it seems super imbalanced to me.
>>
>>837011
Oh, maybe? A lot of mechanics in this game are really vague. The description when I read the star alignment basically just either said ‘the stars are in good/neutral/poor alignment for summoning. This will last for 2/3 months’. I assumed this applied to my summoning abilities since I was playing a demonologist but maybe it had no effect at all.
>>
>>837011
>>837043
Just to add - it seems weird if it would only affect the cultist. Don’t they use astrology magic anyway? So it just seems weird to make astrology magic and star reading available to everyone if star reading is only useful to one class in the whole game.
>>
>>836919
>>836929
Which faction has the best and most reliable way to get an enslave/conversion group? Necrotod conversion has short range and seems to have fairly low odds of converting whereas the cultist lvl 2 spells has much higher odds of succeeding but the issue is they may cast other spells and you can't spam cultists like you can necrotods. I thought of trying to get succubus with demonologist because their "assissination" conversion ability appears to have the highest success chance but the spell to summon is so unreliable and costly. Most of the time you'll get the other more combat oriented Demon lieutenants.
>>
>>837386
The most reliable is probably Enchanter, since you can just build them. Like you said though, it's easily negated and also slow because it takes a couple turns to use it each time. It's all they do though and you can make whole armies of them with just a tank in front.

Witch is probably the easiest to get charm spells on, they have charm spells at every level as well as confusion spells at every level, so that's two chances to get a spell that can convert things at each level. At level 3 they actually have both mass charm and true charm so a way to get multiple and one with a really strong chance. They can also spawn will-o-wisps by chance with major summoning that can also enslave and confuse things. However, these are also generally short ranged and involve your caster being in battle. Also witch units tend to poison enemies to death, which makes it hard to keep them both while converting them and even if you successfully kept them after the battle they might just get poisoned later by some poison cloud attack.

I don't know who would be best at converting things overall. Maybe something like Voice, Cultist, or Demonologist is better even if there's less chance of getting the spells to begin with.
>>
>>837386
>>837430
Oh yeah, should mention witch's spells, excluding the will-o-wisp are ones that will cause enemies to switch to your side, rather than enslave them, so you can capture commanders and use their abilities probably easiest with them since they can cast them (confusion) all over. Mass conversion is probably good at that as well.
>>
>>837386
I haven’t played cultist or witch, but Voice gets conversion as a lvl1 and mass conversion as a lvl2. You get bishops pretty regularly and it’s only 100g to upgrade them to arch bishops. I think their type of conversion only works on humans and hoburgers though.
>>
>>837633
True, I'm just not a fan of how their end game is to cause armageddon and have the four uncontrollable neutral horsemen come and fuck everything up.
>>
What is even the point of Unexpected Heroes? Real heroes can lead and do double attacks, Swordmasters can give more exp and do triple attacks, but unexpected heroes can't do anything. They can't lead, don't do more attacks, don't have armor, and don't even always come with items. Their default weapon isn't even magic like the Baron's is. If their default weapon was magic and they were battle fast like the description implied, they'd at least be as good as a random barbarian. At least they should have Lucky as some kind of plot armor or something. Maybe Quickness to combine the speed and dodging.
>>
>>838220
Yeah, in my current (and first) game as voice Plague came a while ago but didn’t do any significant damage, just took some farms or whatever seeming at random. Then one of my wandering harbringer armies found him and killed him so that problem kinda solved itself. War has just arrived though so we’ll see how tough that gets. Once they are dead do they ever come back?
>>
>>838401
I dunno, I always just use them to do a bit of extra exploring and take any undefended spots. I guess you could put them in your army and try to keep them around long enough to level up (give them a wand I guess so they go to the back). I wouldn’t be surprised if there is something that happens to them once they get enough experience, but iv never tried to find out.
>>
>>838500
If they don't have planar immortality, probably not.

>>838503
What sort of units promote anyway? I never played dwarfs so I was surprised that Dvalas have to age. Also I had been taking the cats out of the witch army for a while before realizing they get promoted too.
>>
>>838503
>>838540
I've never seen an unexpected hero promote, but then again I tend to use them as exploration fodder so they don't usually survive long. Can't find anything through google about them promoting either. I always assumed it was some weird swede joke where the unexpected hero is just some useless dumb country bumpkin
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.2 MB, 1124x1038)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
I didn't think this was a ropleplaying game until I made a hero party with a bunch of named characters and stronger unnamed characters. One of them, a barbarian swordsman with quite a few kills, ended up turned into a frog during a climatic battle with a troll mother. While I left it in a base for a while, I eventually embarked on a journey to take it to the primal realm and left it in a swamp with some attendants where it is now at least as strong as a human again.

Now I sort of wonder if I can capture this princess I just discovered and leave her in the swamp as well.
>>
>>842752
I feel like you're implying something and I like what you're implying
>>
>>842752
you just know
>>
what's the sexiest unit in Conquest of Elysium 5?
>>
>>844833
Troll mum, no cap fr fr
>>
>>796400
I wish it was possible to keep playing after all the AIs are killed.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.79 MB, 1146x1548)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>844833
Legally the princess, but if your image and this bottom description are taken into consideration, it must surely be a female Minotaur.
>>
>>844897
Pretty sure there is a mod called Bystander you can use. It just adds a faction called bystander and you make sure at least 1 AI is set to it. I haven’t used it myself though so I don’t know if it works perfectly.
>>
>>844833
That’s gotta be the succubus for me. If I play demonologist you know I’m gonna have a harem of succubi accompanying me at all times.
>>
>>844833
>Their scouts do sometimes travel the lands of man alone, scouting the friend and foe for their lord. They care little about property or matrimony, and are prone to flying away at the first sight of danger or an enraged partner. The rumors of their extramarital adventures has given rise to many novels and stories of a less enlighten kind. Some depraved minds even choose to insert famous individuals as counterparts to the Airya in those stories. It is believed that many of these stories are somehow mass produced by industrious yet depraved Hoburghers.
>No decent person would read such depraved literature, of course. Texts that in detail describes encounters between the emperor, a barmaid and an Airya scout should not be allowed to circulate, regardless of how well and intricately the scout's beautiful wings and body are described, and however funny the scene in the murky tavern is. Not that I would know of any of the content therein.
No upstanding citizen should read those expensive pamphlets, and the Church of El had rightfully confiscated most such texts that are distributed and sold. It is said that the underground library of the bishop of Balneumet in Cisternis today contains the largest collection of this kind of forbidden literature, and good riddance I say.
Airya scout.
>>
Check out /domg/ in /vg/, the general for Dominions and CoE. Although CoE is very rarely discussed.
>>
>>845673
>Although CoE is very rarely discussed.
I went there before I made this thread to ask questions and they told me I should just make a thread about this game.
>>
Mages make me wonder why other unit exist.
>>
Mages make me wonder why other units even exist.
>>
>>846558
someone has to die on the front lines while the mages do the actual work
>>
>>847035
You mean someone has to be targeted by their burst 25 attack that's just one space too far away to cast on the enemy.
>>
>>845026
As enchanter I fought a never ending war of attrition against a Gaia AI and I kept enslaving minotaurs to turn them into thugs with my necrotods. It worked pretty well, especially when they have regen artifacts. It was fun for a while but the war against this Gaia AI was too tedious and they kept making new groves and sending lone commanders to distract me and take all my shit so I just rage quit.
>>
>>845172
If only you could reliably summon them though.
>>
File: Untitled.png (612 KB, 1159x690)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
Feeling pretty happy about the first time I've gotten someone decked out.
>>
>>826541
My Voice of El converted the Baron one time. It was glorious, I converted and upgraded all the lands.
>>
>>847937
>mr 6
have fun with that
>>
>>837043
>I assumed this applied to my summoning abilities since I was playing a demonologist but maybe it had no effect at all.
It doesn't affect your demon summons.
>>
>>847947
I haven't been able to do shit to anyone with a MR higher than 5 all game and no one has done so to me either. Besides that, it's already +2, what do you want from him?
>>
>>847962
>>847947
On this topic, why does it seem like every other race has 5-6 MR as standard but humans are 4? Isn't MR like intelligence?
>>
>>847825
Yeah Gaia AI can snowball pretty well. I'd be interested to see anons' rankings on how the AI performs with each faction, it seems to do decently with some and absolutely terrible with others
>>
>>847960
Ah okay. Well that’s good to know, thanks. So it’s just for the high cultist then?
>>
>>847972
It’s more like how aligned you are with magic. Animals have really low MR and so do standard humans. Mages will have higher MR and creatures from magical planes will as well like inferno or the elemental planes.
>>
>>847937
I would suggest getting a regen item so that they heal afflictions and regen hp during battles.
>>
How do I get to the celestial realm? And once I get there what can I do there? Can I kill god?
>>
>>848432
>How do I get to the celestial realm?
map/scroll teleport
>And once I get there what can I do there?
you can dig down and start armageddon
>Can I kill god?
sure
>>
>>848379
Okay, where do they usually spawn at?
>>
>>848378
Okay but why do hoburgers who are bad at everything and kobolds have 50% more MR than humans? 6-7 seems like the standard for just about everything. It's rare something other than a human mage will have like 9 or 10+
>>
>>848375
Yes.
>>
>>848438
You can dig on the Celestial Realm?
>>
>>848583
yep, it drops you to the sky layer though, so be careful not to crash
>>
>>848590
I wonder how you can best utilize digging causing the apocalypse from hell or heaven can best be used as a defensive tactic, rather than wiping yourself out.
>>
>>848593
just dig the hole next to your enemies then run the fuck away.
even better if you have a port or something on a distant island
>>
Nice.
>>
File: Untitled.png (201 KB, 955x204)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>849034
forgot image
>>
>>848441
It's random, I'm just saying be on the lookout for them for units you want to stack artifacts on.
>>
>>848443
Kobolds seem like the worst faction mid to late game. No good mages, no summons except for very meh dragons you can't control, just spam of weak troops that will gets easily wiped out be high armor units with any kind of cleave. Or mages with aoe spells.
>>
>>849133
I feel sorry for them. there was a kobold faction with a dragon that had a portable hole. After attacking their biggest army, they were suddenly dead. When I got to their base, there were some groups of horror mantises nearby and one of them had the portable hole. There were 4 in the group, though there might have been more before.

>Or mages with aoe spells.
What spells are good to use? Made the mistake of wiping my own army with blizzard, chain lightning hit two enemies, then went back through my own lines and killed the moon mage next to the sorceress who cast it, and anything with burst seems to intentionally use my front most units to trigger the initial hit. I usually only allow soul slay and only-affects-enemies type spells.

Is there a mod to give all mages death wish so they stop standing so damn far back? Even if I only have like 3 lines, the mage will ended up piled behind some 2 tile long creature and some bunched up forces and be like 7 tiles back.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.08 MB, 1497x1280)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB PNG
Fukken dorfs
>>
What's the requirements for being able to view the full map of other planes after a game ends?
>>
>>854720
pretty sure you have to have viewed at least a part of it so that the plane would be a selectable option on the map ui
>>
>>807336
Because it looks like Dominions and sounds like Dominions but has a tenth of the depth of Dominions. It's the retarded little brother everyone kindly pats on the head and then forgets it exists while they talk with the smarter siblings.
>>
>>855063
I had squads actively moving about most of the the planes by the end of my last game but I could only see the sky and elysium.
>>
>>855159
that's odd, I've only ever scryed the infernal but when I resigned it gave me the full view
might be a mod messing something up or maybe a bug otherwise I got no idea
>>
>>855164
>>855159
huh, just sent a cultist down with personal gate then resigned and the plane didn't show up
maybe they changed something?
>>
I'm surprised how prevalent necromancy is in this game.
>>
>>857434
this is coming from the devs who invented Ermor, is it really that surprising
>>
>>857565
I don't know what that is. Did they use necromancy to fill their factories and basically every school of magic they used had a necromantic trick or 2?
>>
>>857656
Not!Rome tries to resurrect Not!Jesus with necromancy taken from Lizard Egypt and everything goes to hell. They become undead empire and most of the splinter states adopt necromancy to some degree or another. In their latest iteration they go full ghost. Ermor's existence is pure cancer upon the world of Dominions.
>>
>>857689
>Ermor's existence is pure cancer upon the world of Dominions.
It seems like the opposite here. Necromancy is used pretty frivolously by various groups. Maybe it's because ghosts keep flooding out of the underworld all the time anyway and bodies keep getting up just because they feel like it, so they adapted and found ways to make them useful. It's just kinda weird how dark hoburgers use it, witches use it, enchanters use it, barbarians use it, by use it mean have some sort of undead creature or the ability to make them in their arsenal. I haven't played it much but I wouldn't be surprised if the Baron got undead knight conscripts if they conquered hades cities.

What is Dominions' world called anyway? The people in this game seem to have come to Elysium from "Terra", which isn't present in the game at all. I wondered if that was a Dominions thing or something particular to this game.
>>
>>857710
From what I can see only two gods have any sort of presence in Elysium: Baal and whoever the biblethumpers worship. Ermor's necromancy fucked shit up because they managed to revive a long dead pretender god from times before the Pankoman snuffed them out.
>>
>>857785
What's the name of Dominions' world though? Also what's Pankoman? Some meme?
Wannabe Rome still falls in this world too, but there's random (per game) different reasons.

>From what I can see only two gods have any sort of presence in Elysium: Baal and whoever the biblethumpers worship.
There are multiple "gods" in Elysium. Baal is technically sealed away unless you summon him. El is who the other guys worship, and who tried to kick Baal out of Terra but apparently the followers lost and fled to Elysium.

There's a bunch of planes here that were separated from one original plane, so a number of them are just parallel Elysium worlds. Hades, where all the dead people normally go, is led by Orcus who is actually an ousted demon lord. Normally it's hard to get there, but apparently everyone you kill in the game becomes a ghost and goes there and sometimes they can come back into the other planes. Sometimes there are invasions from it which are world ending if you let them ramp up, but mostly necromancy is safe beyond making you go insane when you get into it hardcore.

Celestial plane, which I guess is supposed to be their heaven contains some weird gnostic thing instead of El. Agartha has Dvalin, the god of the dwarfs. Aztlan has the 6 gods of the whatever the Aztlan faction is called. There are a bunch of minor divine things as well as some classes letting you become a god-like being. Then there are cthulu mythos monster/horror/gods.
>>
>>857898
I never would have imagined that there were actually people that knew about CoE but have no idea about dominions
is this what it like to spot a unicorn?
>>
>>857905
No one in the Dominions thread seemed to know about CoE, so it can't be that weird. The only things I know are that it seems to be about capturing provinces like Lords of the Realm, it has a billion factions, it's about religion wars, and it's autistic to a degree that I'm unwilling to invest in. And that any questions you ask are likely to be answered by "it depends".

Also can you answer my first two questions please?
>>
>>857898
I'm not sure if Dominions' world even has a name. Pankoman is what cool kids call the Pantokrator. THE God, the omnipotent divine doing whatever pleases him.
Basically the plot of Dominions is that Pankoman eventually grew bored and fucked off to a different reality or whatever and now everything with a power level over 9000 is crawling out of the woodwork to kill the others in an apocalyptic battle royale and usurp the throne. Then they probably repeat the cycle.
>>
>>857916
not that anon, but
>What's the name of Dominions' world though
Don't think it has a name
>Also what's Pankoman?
The Pantokrator, the former supreme god. Premise of Dominions is they left suddenly and other powerful beings, the Pretenders, are fighting to become the new one.
>>
>>857979
>>857980
I see, so there's no connection other than similar units.
>>
>>857986
I believe Agartha is present in both games and pretty much all the assets are shared between games. I don’t think they’re set in the same universe or anything though.
>>
Playing Scourge Lord is so weird. Building things all over the map, being able to easily make commanders, having summons that are actually worth the summon cost, having a commander that is neither weak nor a one man army, being able to hulk out certain units, and somehow not feeling like several ideas mashed into one like some classes. I feel a kind of sick pleasure watching those forests turn to desert as well.
>>
>>858095
I like wrangling the antpocalypse and making it work for you, as well. The Scourge Lord just feels like an oddly well put-together class.
>>
>>826511
let Enchanter repair his golems
I don't care if it's an expensive ritual that needs to be done in a mine, just let me patch up my crystal golem
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.43 MB, 1142x946)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
I wonder what it's like to be an upstanding civilized centaur who is captured by a bunch of slutty priestess centaurides and raped until his wild instincts are revived.
>>
>>860200
checked, also are there any coomer mods
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.57 MB, 948x943)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>796400
My favorite part about this game is that PVE mobs don’t just spawn from nothing. If you’re tired of all the PVE animals walking around your territory you can just find their gay ass ancient forest and conquer it.
>>
>>862576
>a small group of soulless walks in from off-shore and unflags your mob spawn points
>>
I am currently playing a game as the troll king. I btfoed everyone at the start of the game like the Troll King is supposed to but there is a witch left with huge ass armies that I know from my scouts will btfo me eventually (I could probably hold them off for awhile with my trolls but it would just be staving off the inevitable.)

Is there ANY way I could possible trigger an invasion from hell or heaven or something to give myself a chance?
>>
>>862887
Never played the Troll king but you should be able to use teleportation scroll on your super combatant/commander to send him to other plane and conquer at least one castle there.
AI is too dumb to follow you there most of the time and you will get access to unique units
>>
>>862887
You could just focus on their citadels instead of their armies. I haven't played the trolls either so I don't know what they have, but if you can get immunity to poison and resistance to physical, 80% of what they have can't hurt you.
>>
>start a new game as illusionist
>stuck on an island
>only way out is through a void portal
>portal on the other side is broken lel
Well that was a short game.
>>
>>863630
You weren't near a port or one tile away that would freeze in winter?
>>
>>863697
Nope. Only things available were an iron mine and the portal to certain death.
>>
No seriously, what do sphinx terrains do? Are they horror magnets, usable by some faction, what?
>>
>Get to the Celestial plane
>Meet some Celestial lions
>They're wounded
>Arch angels and lion patrols busily moving around
>Go to a town
>The angelic warriors there have less than full HP
>Traveling around a bit more
>Suddenly spot phase spiders next to me
>Time to go
Apparently the celestial plane is being invaded by horrors or something.
>>
There was an update today. Says the AI was improved. Was it?
>>
>>857898
>Celestial plane, which I guess is supposed to be their heaven contains some weird gnostic thing instead of El
I really love idea behind El, how they are basically old testament Christianity + Book of Revelation, paired with angels made of impossible geometrical shapes and literally unleashing 4 ridders of the apocalypses upon elysium.
Too bad their gameplay is so fucking shit and boring. You can only command weak human units and summon uncontrolable better units, thats boring.
>>
>>866044
>old testament Christianity
Um??? That's called Judaism.
>>
>>866050
>Judaism
Judaism was created in 3rd century CE. Catholicism (Christianity) pre-dates Judaism
>>
>>866044
Despite them being Catholic inspired, there's some strangeness to them I don't know if it's intentional or implying things or what. First being that they call their god "El" which can either just mean "a god" in a non-distinct fashion or refer to a deity in the same religion as Baal. They specifically don't use the Jewish or Christian names of God. When you go to the celestial ream, there's an Abraxas, which is a Gnostic deity, a religion that basically thinks Catholic God is the devil. Nonetheless, El and Abraxas seem to be on the same side, if not the same thing so maybe it's not Gnosticism. But on the other hand, it's not the Judeo-Christian god either.
>>
>>866044
work on your bless and they won't be weak any more
>>
Human units should be buffed a little honestly. Just in terms of HP. It's weird how it's like
>Small humanoid: 2-4hp
>Human: 5-8 hp
>Decent basic infantry any kind of unit: 20-30hp
>>
>can't continue after killing all the other normal factions
For fucks sake I wanted to go invade hell. Why the fuck would you add that stuff without also letting us continue playing?
>>
>>868287
there's bystander mod, though seems there's a recent comment saying it's unstable for some reason
>>
>>868287
Because you're supposed to invade inferno first and then bring the legions to kill the normal factions, not invade each plane in order.
>>
Is there a way to hades other than warping?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.15 MB, 2517x1282)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
This freaking dryad faction manage to explode and is sending countless waves at me, even managing to make a grove in my territory that they desperately want back. They also keep stealing my ants and managed to capture one of my heralds and siphon enough power off a decayed mountain to turn him into a scourge king, though I've cut off their sources of power now and they shouldn't have anything left after doing that. Thanks to a moon mage that somehow hasn't been killed by basilisks confusing it, I have gained control of one of their heirophantides and now the sandal is on the other hoof.
>>
>>871370
>dryad managing to do anything other than die helplessly with no units
Enjoy it for the rare event that it is. Ever played as her?
>>
>>871401
Nope, never played as her. I picked a random map and happened to start off in the earliest era. Partway through that stupid necro statue went up and I was fighting off huge stacks of ghosts for a while until I managed to reach the place and kill the statue. While I was doing that, they kept raiding me and the others and managed to kill the other AI, so it's just me on the bottom half of the map, them on the top half, and one senator that has done nothing but make about 500 troops in that one port that's in the middle of the image. It's full of troops and boats, so I can only guess the AI was trying to make a fleet but can't go anywhere. It had some other holdings to the west, but all it did was make troops there and send them to the port. When the dryad forces got near, it sent out a few scouting parties but it's still mostly just staying in that port building spear users.

Although they are pretty weak, only the minotaurs were a problem and really only then because they managed to have a fully armored up army at first before I killed all their good units. I also realized the scourge spiders could block the minotaur's trample so between that and making half their army run away I'm winning the war of attrition, but man do they have army after army. Thankfully they're down to spamming animals now.
>>
>>870599
Dig down from the Aztec afterlife plane.
>>
>>871472
How do you get to that?
>>
>>871554
likely either from fucking around with scrolls or being the aztec faction
>>
>>871472
I tried dropping a portable pit there in a game and it wouldn't let me. Do I have to be able to actually dig? Or do I have to be on the actual dead/afterlife circle out of the 6?
>>
>>871667
Maybe it doesn't work, I haven't tried it yet but heard it did. Sorry.
>>
>>871554
There are/can be Aztlan portals on Inferno and Primal planes, I assume Aztlan realm of the dead has a Hades portal. You can get to Hades from the portal in Agartha too, unless it might not spawn.
>>
I wish the AI used other planes more
>>
>>873547
Do they use them at all?
>>
>>807674
>What are some bad ways in which it is random?
I once died on turn 2. Literally nothing I could have done.
>Be dwarf queen
>Party of neutral knights right next to me
>They attack me turn 2 and kill me.
>>
>>875040
They will go into the sky at least, though they ignore it a lot, and ones who use planes as part of their class probably use them, e.g. dwarves with their underground portals. I'm pretty sure they never use scrolls or beans or anything like that though.

>>875070
That doesn't sound bad. It was a conclusive death and reroll. A number of my games start out with me dying because something in the area decided to attack but when reloading it doesn't decide to and I am able to keep playing. I feel like losses come too suddenly and avoidably so it makes me want to reload instead of restart because I know it won't happen next time.
>>
>AI spams a wall of commanders in front of its base so I have to be delayed for a turn and it can get one of them out and capturing
nice
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.41 MB, 1184x955)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
What an awful creature
>>
>>866054
>CE
are you jewish? it's anno Domini, faggot.
>>
>Portal to the demon realm is opened
>It's as far as fucking possible from me
>AI near it would rather head in the opposite direction towards my land than attack it or a weaker AI army standing next to theirs
Fuck it, I guess the world is getting flooded with demons and I'll just hang out in some bunkers.
>>
>>880383
supposedly once that happens the celestials are supposed to come down and fuck shit up as well
has that happened for you yet?
>>
>>880799
No, it wasn't them breaking the seals, it was some nerd activating a stonehenge gate. Even though I couldn't get to it because some AI doomstack was in the way, eventually I got a team of heroes (like one actual hero and 2 unexpected heroes and a mage and some fodder) over to the gate, even fending off a few attacks, and shut it down. It was a kind of fun heroic adventure for them, but the existent demons were too strong for me since I was the only one trying to stop them and they were destroying all the cities so I quit. At least the one AI that was cockblocking me lost its main doomstack to them. The other was a witch who could probably have killed all the demons but was just sticking to their territory. Which was nearly on top of where the gate spawned. But of course all the demons were bee-lining across the map to the opposite corner where my territory was.
>>
I would really like it if you could see the world to an extent before it finished generating. Is it always a single continent?
>>
>>880950
>Is it always a single continent?
yes? It is the continent of Elysium that is being Conquered not the isles or archipelago
>>
>>883212
Elysium is not a continent, it is an entire plane.
>>
>>883275
>New for the 5th version of Conquest of Elysium is four additional planes to interact with, boats and ports which enables players to travel to islands beyond the main continent of Elysium
store page bro
>>
>>883275
>>883290
and yes I know it is a plane as well, I've read the in game lore, but Elysium is still referred to as a continent
>>
>>883290
That just say it's not just one big Pangaea anymore, whereas you're trying to push the idea that it is one continent on a larger planet. It also implies that there should be islands other than the occasional 1 tile in the ocean.
>>
>>883368
you are putting words in my mouth and then going on to making up crap of your own
>>
>>883449
Whatever you claim, it says right there that Elysium has a continent and islands, not that Elysium is a continent.
>>
Fuck gems, seriously.
>>
File: ba.png (1.14 MB, 1130x757)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>buy ugly, useless slave
>kill her
>sell her head
>buy 2 hot slaves
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.45 MB, 1205x1013)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
>playing cultist
>stuck on this peninsula
>phase spiders keep warping in through this pyramid next to me
I thought capturing things was supposed to stop spawning
>>
>>890915
If it doesn't stop spawning they're not spawning but coming from the void through the passage.
>>
One time playing Baron I got stuck in an endless war with ants that populated the eastern part of the continent. I had actively stop fighting the other nations and focus my forces entirely on the extermination and occupation of the giant ant hills that filled the country-side.
>>
>>866073
I think the implication is that El doesn’t actually exist and people were worshipping some chicken headed gnostic dude by accident this whole time.
>>
>>892151
After playing more, I'm not sure. When you summon Gaia, she's called Rhea so maybe it's just a lack of cohesiveness.

Does Baal do anything if you kill his guards?
>>
>>866073
The Church of El in CoE is a cheeky reference to the theory that El of the Canaanite pantheon and Yahweh of Judaism were very closely related as some point in history, possibly even the same god or a syncretic fusion of gods that only later split off into Yahweh as we know him as Hebrews diverged from mainstream Canaanite culture. So in CoE you get a Catholic-type church that worships the head of the Canaanite pantheon, because the joke is that the irl Catholic Church is also unwittingly worshipping the head of the Canaanite pantheon. The rest with Baal and Abraxus is just a mishmash of random stuff cribbed from Gnosticism and Canaanite polytheism because the devs happened to have the relevant assets lying around from Dominions.
>>
>Robots OK
>Simple firearms/cannons not OK
why?
>>
>>895443
>why?
Because ranged works like shit in both CoE and Dom engines.
I never seen a mod implementing a flat projectile trajectory in those games therefore firearms cant be properly implemented
>>
>>895443
>Simple firearms/cannons not OK
I wish there were high fantasy setting with firearms or generally more technological advancements than medieval technology.
Imagine how fun some technology could diverge from real life counterparts
>Firearms without caplocks or other primitive firearm ignition mechanisms, instead troops get basic magic training and cast fire inside the gun barrel
>Compressed air guns that work via air mages compressing air into tight sealed steel capsules
>VBED Golems
>>
>>895444
>a flat projectile trajectory
Isn't that what "beam" is? Honestly thinking about beam and cone and spread, I take it back. Fuck guns, they'd just shoot themselves to death to get to the enemies.
>>
>>895447
Age of wonders has the Dreadnought class that can make various kinds of tanks, hit enemies with flashbangs, build "golems" that are giant mechs, and create these little floating scouts that blow up when they die. They can also give sidearm pistols to all their riders and cast two kinds of nukes.
>>
>>895468
I tried playing AoW3 but couldnt really get into it, not after playing AoW: Planetfall with i enjoyed way more.
>>
>>895508
I'm the opposite, I like 3 but I don't like Planetfall.
>>
Is there an actually good wiki for this game?
>>
I love Dominions but I've never played this, what's it like and would you recommend it?
>>
>>903786
It's sort of like Age of Wonders but without controllable battles, if I had to compare it to something. What it feels like is if D&D were played like Magic: The Gathering.

You go around and capture specific tiles, cities, mines, forests, for whatever mana your faction needs and then build your armies and attempt to either kill all enemy commanders or take over all enemy citadels (special tiles that you can recruit troops from) that are located in Elysium, the sky plane above it, or in Agartha below it. Pretty much everything is random except for the overall classes and basic recruit units so it's about playing what you get. There are a bunch of other planes as well, mostly existing so summon classes can summon big powerful unique things from them, but most can be useful if you have the means to enter and get back from them without producing a portal the things in that plane can walk through. The classes generally either involve you summoning things with various levels of randomness, constructing things, or waiting on freespawn. The wildlife and roaming bandits can remain a threat even until the end game, since all you're doing is tagging locations and moving on. The AI is okay and can play the game, it doesn't really go to other planes much however. Also half the AI tend to die early on because of the nature of the game. Sometimes they get fucked with a horrible creature next to their starting base, sometimes they fuck up their first summoning and die. The player can reload and restart, they cannot. There's some mod that gives them stuff to prevent this.

I don't know what Dominions is like really, all I gather is that it's more like a normal 4x, but seems to involve capturing provinces like in Lords of the Realm or something, but if you don't like randomness and not being able to control your battle besides who's in your army, what they're equipped with, and what spells they're allowed to cast, then you might not like it.
>>
>>903786
>>903895
Oh yeah, and you don't build or research anything. You just need the appropriate resources and to hit the appropriate command. Now you can still with certain abilities construct things on tiles or fortify locations, so you spend a fair amount of time interacting with map tiles even to the point of upgrading or destroying them. Some rituals require some more specific requirements than just having the resources as well.

Even though factions are styled after leaders, leaders can be re-recruited if they die and in some cases you get lots of the same basic command class so the leader doesn't even matter. (while others have only one ultimate leader at a time). It has a sort of roleplaying feel because you can get some powerful named characters, make a party out of them and go around conquering the world or other planes.
>>
Forests are cancer
>>
>>905926
*snowy forests are cancer
unless you meant ancient forests in which case they vary from absolutely essential to extremely annoying depending on your class
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.34 MB, 1032x1142)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>906369
I mean patches of forests, not individual tiles.
>>
>>892266
He does not, he's stuck there unless the High Priesetess summons him directly.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.99 MB, 2186x1376)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB PNG
Tekeli-li'gma
>>
>>906693
Play as Enchanter
Turn all forests into golems
Problems weren't
>>
>>909220
This guy moves funny as hell. It's not so much movement as *teleports behind u* It's fucking great.
>>
>>910464
all *teleports behind you* tunneling enemies are annoying as fuck to deal with
>>
File: 2022-01-11 13-22-44.webm (2.57 MB, 800x530)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB WEBM
>>911259
It doesn't tunnel, like those earth elementals or anything that take a turn to reappear and can push things out of the way. It just moves when it goes to attack.
>>
When it says a maximum of X can be summoned per battle, is that per spell, per unit, per side, or total for both sides?
>>
>>913968
>per side
I believe it is this one, though I've never had a battle go long enough and/or with both sides having the same summons to know for certain
>>
I don't know how to search for this, but if I do something like summon a void faction horror as cultists onto an enemy stack, and then attack the stack, do the armies attack together, one at a time, or does it overwrite the horrors entirely?
>>
>>917015
just tested it for you, seems the horror attacks the target first and then you attack the horror
>>
>>796400
Baron.
>>
File: 20210913082659_1.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1080)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
That game is hard. I make very little money, I can't make new villages or fortress, and the descriptions are snarky.
>>
>>917457
>I can't make new villages or fortress
Depends on the faction. Some can upgrade towns, some can make and fortify their own structures.
>>
>>917486
High priestess and vampires are fun. Feast away farms to restore sanity or sacrifice entire towns for rituals to summon man-eating Jews.
>>
>>917457
>and the descriptions are snarky.
I like how they're written from the POV of a mage academy, and usually by a Centaur in particular.
>>
>>917565
>summon man-eating Jews
So just Jews?
>>
>>918183
nah, see these are GIANT man eating jews, regular jews just eat kids
>>
>>920676
I want to post that shitty photoshop of Schlomo Goldberg's head on that hyperchad body, but it'd be too obvious, the mods would get my ass.
>>
They really need to change the Enchanter's statue animating skill to be like raise dead and just empty a temple of statues without destroying it on cast. Same with Terracotta warriors, just let you cast it once a year per swamp or something.
>>
>>923053
no, enchanters are not allowed to have nice things
>>
>>797370
You don't play the game if you haven't seen AI's die off FREQUENTLY in the first handful of turns, fag.
>>
>>804042
Resource denial is a thing - just about the only thing that makes Enchanter interesting
>>
>>816128
That's awesome, saved.
>>
>>826511
Druid
>ancient forests should be citadels for them
>spell to warp to primal plane
>more shit to do in primal plane
>>
>>832241
IKTF, the little shits just go fucking crazy with that after a while.
>>
>>858095
There's something so satisfying about draining the world dry.
>>
>>862887
Lategame Troll King has to go full-on guerilla warfare. Use your superior numbers to harass and make liberal use of your forest stealth. Mostly just an attrition game of snatching all the AI's citadels at that point.
>>
>>862887
>>926540
Oh, and you are dipping your trolls to make them physical immune, yeah?
>>
>>870599
Barbarian spirit armies can just warp there at will.
>>
>>926544
o shit im retarded
>>
Oh there was an update last week
>This update focuses on improving the battles. There is now a per unit battle log, so when you inspect a unit in battle you will only see his part of the battle log. There is also a new unit list, press F1 in a battle to see a list of all participants, including dead units so their cause of death can be inspected in their log.
Sounds good though I have to see it since a list of all participants sounds horribly long.

>Pathfinding now prefers straight paths and to avoid dangerous squares
This game is finally playable.

>Could sometimes have festering wound and diseased simultaneously
Isn't that normal? Was it supposed to be replaced all this time?

>Festering Wound has a chance to heal
Good. I don't know why it can't just be "units can heal non-loss afflictions in cities/citadels" though. Maybe something more rare like temples.

>Magic items are no longer removed from unit until after battle is over
>Now possible to find magic items after dying on the world map
>Can no longer steal magic items from stupid units
Nice
Nice
Not nice
>>
>>928895
>>Pathfinding now prefers straight paths and to avoid dangerous squares
what the fuck was it even doing before lmao
>>
>>929213
I don't know but I hope this means when I path two armies near each other and have the first one get into a battle, it won't make the second one go from pathing in that old way where it would always move across non cardinal squares to pathing directly through the battle that just started. I wonder how many armies that non-cardinal pathing killed since frozen shallow seas were introduced. (actually the AI is decent about it but it happened twice in my last game that the AI got stuck on ice as it thawed, but then I don't think it would have been able to tell the tile would be sea beforehand.)

It's such a minor but annoying thing however. It doesn't matter or change the game in any way, but it pisses me off so much that armies wouldn't just move straight.
>>
>Play Witch
>Can summon up the whole damn netherworld and bring Halloween to you
>Play Enchanter
>Have a blast stitching dead into super Frankenstein monsters and sexy snakes
>Play Scourge Lord
>Me and my boys casually turn whole armies into zombies while passively turning cities into ghouls.
>Play Necromancer
>Spend more time processing skeletons than raising them
>>
>>929361
>play Senator
>make (not) Roman armies and throw bodies into the grinder
>>
>>929633
Why do they have like 5 different kinds of spearmen? Do they even do anything different?
>>
>>929638
yes?
veles are your cheap shit that can throw spears
hastati are your mediocre shit that can also throw spears
princeps are your swordshit that can throw spears
triarii have super long spears but can't throw them
>>
>>929361
>>Play Witch
>>Can summon up the whole damn netherworld and bring Halloween to you
>>Play Enchanter
>>Have a blast stitching dead into super Frankenstein monsters and sexy snakes
Neat.

>Baron
>raise meatshields and send them to the grinder
>>
>>929769
Throwing absolute loads of disposable armies at OP summoner doomstacks while you zip around and take their citadels is fun. I'm always surprised at how much I enjoy playing Baron.
>>
I wish leveling mattered way, way more. At endgame, or hell even early midgame, the teeny-tiny bonuses that you get from it are literally meaningless.
>>
>>929868
I'm just annoying I can do more. I get it, Illwinter is made out of theologians and history buffs, and not farmers, economists or craftsmen, but I'm annoyed I can't invest money in towns to make them bigger, set up trade policies, build up marketplaces, buy new crops to improve productivity, or craft my own magical tools.

It pisses me off that Dominions is the one where I can craft halberds of might and give them to my generals, yet Conquest of Elysium is the one where it actually matters what I give to my guys.
>>
>>929872
The HP would be more relevant if the HP wasn't all over the place, with basic humans having like 5-8 HP and and decent/monster unit having 15-20 hp and godlike things having 50-70 HP, but then some random strong summon having like 200 hp. Damage is the same. Those big 200 hp things do like 1d12 damage but then some medium sized 48 hp thing does 1d30 damage. I don't have any idea why they bother even giving you more HP since while admittedly something with 15 hp is more survivable than something with 10 hp, after a point it doesn't matter. MR, morale, and strength actually matter because the things that roll against them are low. Like for MR, it's EasyMR 1d5 < MR = resisted, MR 2d4 < MR = resisted, HardMR 2d6 < MR = resisted so even having a couple more MR points will make the opponent have to crit you to succeed. Those are fine to just be +1 on level up.

What is it you want leveling to do? I'd like it if some things got promoted based on level but I don't think it needs too be too much different.
>>
>>929896
>I'm annoyed I can't invest money in towns to make them bigger
Lots of classes can upgrade resources, the Baron that was mentioned can not only upgrade certain types of towns into castles with more income but can then upgrade those castles once again by appointing a vassal which also increases the income. Once they get monks rolling in, they can turn swamps into farms and then those farms into monasteries with the same result. Is being able to increase a town's income, make it fortified, and use alchemists to upgrade siege weapons in it not investing enough into the towns?

>set up trade policies
What do you need that's more complicated than the trade system that exists?

>build up marketplaces, buy new crops to improve productivity
That is completely outside the scope of this game.

>craft my own magical tools.
You can do this with certain classes. It's random but you can do it. It's better to think of gear being inherent though, classes that promote units basically just hand them inbuilt weapons and armor. The ones you equip are just extra special.

I also get the feeling >>929769 and >>929633 missed my point in >>929361 that those other classes have fun necromancy while a necromancer feels like working in a skeleton factory, leading them back to my base, upgrading them, and then back to where they're useful.
>>
>>929920
>That is completely outside the scope of this game.
Exactly. That's my complain : Conquest of Elysium focuses on the weird things, and is so unorthodox as a strategy game thta I'm lost constantly. Whenever I play it, I miss Oriental Empires, and whenever I play Oriental Empire, I miss CoE's combat.
>>
>>929927
I don't think it's that unorthodox. It reminds me of AoW3, but without the lack of purpose I feel when playing that game. I get the feeling Disciples, Master of Magic, and Warlords are similar but I've never played those series.
>>
>>929905
>What is it you want leveling to do? I'd like it if some things got promoted based on level but I don't think it needs too be too much different.
Fuck if I know, I'm not a game designer; but I do know that I'd like it to matter even just a little bit. As it stand they could totally just remove xp and it would make virtually no impact on the game at all - I bet lots of people wouldn't even notice if not for the little stars.
>>
>>929951
Well I explained why it does matter, the strength, morale, and MR bonuses aren't insignificant and giving more of either of those would just make units basically immune to status effects. Do you want spearmen to go from 1d4 damage to 1d8 damage and 20 hp at level 4? What would make leveling matter? Do you want it to be like blessing/dark blessing and give them various stats and abilities? I think you at least know what would make it matter in your eyes, and once you realize it, you can suggest it to the devs or mod it if you can mod level up effects.
>>
>>929973
In my opinion, those buffs make virtually no readily discernible difference at all in CoE's type of battles and this comes from tons of playtime over 3, 4, and 5. Hell, a legendary spearman would be sweet, but obviously you'd have to really increase the level cap or something.
>>
>>930014
>A bakemono-sho reaches lvl 20 and gets a name and little procedural backstory based on his his notable battles.
A guy can dream
>>
>>930135
>Hell, a legendary spearman would be sweet, but obviously you'd have to really increase the level cap or something.
You can make one just by giving him items

>>930135
It'd be nice if all classes could promote units to commanders at least. There have been guys I'd like to reward with a name.

I really don't see how the experience system could be improved without either screwing up independents (level 50 deer with 100hp and 20 str) or just making basic human units have roles beyond what they are. At least personally, I'm thankful for +1 str and +5 HP on basic troops. It's basically a set of armor and a new weapon. Even some little 2hp magic cat will have 7 hp in the end.

For what it's worth, I wish shields did more. Images like pic related are what I think of when I think of a fantasy guy with a shield but instead of blocking fire breath these guys here die when an fire ant spits on them. Not even a literal fire-ant, just a (slightly larger than) normal real world fire ant.
>>
>>929638
because any roman larp faction needs to have the big four

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.