[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: France.png (30 KB, 640x640)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>
They are going to add mechanics for the jews
>>
>>794998
Yes. And the expansion name will be "Kangz n Merchants". And with the Jews done Paradox ran out of religions to rework not counting animism which is a placeholder.
>>
>>795260
Tengrism can have sme stuff
>>
File: 20211006041018_1.jpg (310 KB, 1366x768)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
I feel like its not worth playing after getting the better than napoleon achievement
>>
File: 353.png (7 KB, 264x45)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>796252
Now its time to stop being a vanilla babby
>>
Is there a way to guarantee all your heirs are female with a custom nation?
I need it for larp
>>
>>794990
Is there a good strategy for Odoyev besides just restarting until Poland doesn't PU Lithuania and allying with Lithuania and Novgorod?
>>
>>796427
You could ally Muscovy and use them to conquer Ryazan and the great horde, then backstab them. Exile strats are also doable if you're not committed to forming Russia.
>>
Never played the pope before so im going to later. Anything special about them that might be good to know before going in?
>>
File: 1622002009977.jpg (395 KB, 1680x1050)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
Doing a mzab run.Is it possible to form algeria and then form tunis?
>>
Fabricating claims is such a stupid mechanic. It sucks in CK but it's so much worse in EU4. AI Austria being able to take 25% of France after having only one claim on one province is super dumb
>>
>play in north america
>every nation has a long ass name
>can't keep track of shit

Maybe there's a reason the white man gave them English language names
>>
>>796701
Yes but you have to culture shift
>>
>play in north america
>england rushes exploration and expansion, spawns colonialism, and sets up shop right next to me by 1490

why does this game hate me so fucking much
>>
>>796965
Also Brittany just got the BI
At this point I've gotta continue this run just for how cursed it is
>>
After the merc changes is there any country that can actually field a majority mercenary army and be successful with it anymore?
>>
>>797027
Hungary? Switzerland?
>>
>>797027
Even back with the old merc mechanics you really couldn't pull off a good Hungary merc game. Just way too expensive and completely unnecissary for a country with shit finances and good manpower reserves like Hungary
>>
>>796965
after leviathan there is literally no room to colonize in north america, natives have taken all the coastal provinces
>>
>>799238
The retarded thing about Hungary and mercs is that Hungary was typically the nation SUPPLYING the mercenaries, not using them, which would make complete sense with their position in the game anyway. Fucking retarded EU4 devs.
>>
>>794990
Haven't played EU4 for years, but my favourite memories of this game involve playing as Russian, attacking all of Europe, failing to take Wien and being pushed to Moscow very slow (because all provinces in Poland had max level fort) and hoping that maintaing all the occupied forts will drive the huge coalition to brinkg of bankcrupcy before my war exhaustion kills me.
I'd say warfare in both EU4 and IMP is still pretty fun, even if flawed, I can't say the same for CK3, with teleportation, immediately recovery, bigger army winning, mountains being barely only small benefit, and everything else.
>>
File: chad single player.png (309 KB, 2518x1024)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>797027
Italian nations (Venice, Pope, Florence, Milan come to mind)
Lubeck
France, England & Portugal should also (eventually) be rich enough to afford it
Realistically any country that's rich enough can go a weird merc cost reduction / merc manpower buff build (trade / eco ideas for money, then aristocratic / admin ideas, and w/e others have merc buffs), though really the new merc system is just kinda shit, its the same as going full cav with poland, It's fun but not optimal.
>>
>>794990
is leviathan really that bad?
>>
>>799613
Shit mechanics, bloat, and performance issues. For example natives get "tribal development" that allows them to spawn more armies than some european nations and in the initial patches leviathan was literally unplayable past the 1500s.
>>
>>799568
>pic
Using exploit armies in singleplayer is just as basedish and cringe as being a multiplayer mpfaggot, if not more.
>>
How do i stop myself from doing too well in mp? My group keeps getting mad at me for being so low as just a few hundred dev ahead in the late game. I just play the game at my own pace.
>>
Just realized you can ctrl click to move armies with transports and holding ctrl while dragging selects boats instead of armies
>>
File: Anbennar Sarhal plans.png (55 KB, 864x490)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
Does anyone know when they'll implement the mandate of heaven to Anbennar?
>>
Can vassals use decisions to form nations? I wanted to release Wallachia and feed them the romanian lands but if they can't form Romania I might just keep it for myself
>>
>>800435
Well, if you scroll up a little bit, you'll see that the image projects Sarhal will be done Q2/3 2022. As development is always slower than projection I would expect it late 2022, so about in a year.
>>
>>799613
It was a total trainwreck on release. Not just in terms of bugs (which made it downright unplayable), but making it blatantly clear that people who worked on it have zero clue how EU4 mechanics even work, introducing modifiers to shit that can't be even affected by them. THEN there is the whole issue of the tribal development, but thanks to /pol/tards people were too busy bitching about "kangz & shiet" rather than the actual problem with the related mechanics completely imploding the game.
>>
File: 1626682410570.gif (959 KB, 140x192)
959 KB
959 KB GIF
Israel is now a formable in vanilla in the new update
>>
>>801309
By what nations, just any Jewish one? Guess you gotta start as Ethiopia or a neighbor to save the last Jewish province
>>
File: aaa.png (305 KB, 1303x995)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>800435
>home dimension
INTERDIMENSIONAL FURRIES
>>
>>801400
ethiopian negro israel. that's fair enough, i suppose.
>>
Another DLC about Sweden baka.
>>
>>801537
>t. alberto barbarosa
>>
>>801537
Finaly some good dlc
>>
File: trolol.jpg (989 KB, 1920x1080)
989 KB
989 KB JPG
lol I snake to form caliphate XD
>>
>>801633
>Well, you see, Barbarossa means "Redbeard", but the history books never specify that he didn't have black skin...
>>
File: Sri Lankan Bharat.png (2.18 MB, 1344x756)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
Rate my Sri Lankan India campaign. It is all Buddhist of course and I built a University in every province because I wanted good education. I was trying to make China go communist but it wouldn't I think because of the Mandate of Heaven, even though the revolution started in China.
>>
>>801633
barbosa
>>
>>800572
Generally no
There's a few exceptions though, for example Prussia
Couldn't tell you if Romania can be formed for sure but I don't think so
>>
I feel like trying to create a Pinoy Pirate Republic in the Philippines but i have no idea of its economics. Would a pirate republic make gud money just ransacking the Malacca and Canton nodes? I feel like i would have to establish pirate bases far out enough to at least pirate the Indian coast as well to be worth it.

There's also all that uncolonized land, how do you take care of that as a pirate republic?
>>
>>796965
That's good though. It's worse when the colonisers don't come and you can't get the institutions.
>>
File: 1586567970438.jpg (97 KB, 1440x810)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>tfw just want to play as The Command and have an actual mission tree
>>
>>802053
You can take exploration/expansion ideas to colonize the borneo and malacca trade nodes. I don't remember if canton is valuable but you do get a nice amount of money raiding around the bejing area
>>
>>802288
Isnt pirating your own trade nodes kind of like shitting where you eat? I figured i would have to go hard on naval ideas or something, forget trade warring, and take everything by force
>>
>>800853
>but thanks to /pol/tards people were too busy bitching about "kangz & shiet" rather than the actual problem
Or you could just work with them instead of being smug about purity spiraling
>>
>>802206
It's coming broski. New dev roadmap specifically mentions it.
>>
new to this, what is THE eu4 mod? as in, polished, optimized, and loved by many
>>
>>802543
Third oddysey
>>
>>802426
nice.
>>
>>802543
Anbannar
>>
>>802090
This very much turned out to be the case
The moment they form a colonial nation, you can just declare on it and take all their land with no resistance
Turns out the AI is dumb, who knew?
>>
>>802543
Beyond Typus for historical, Anbennar for fantasy. MEIOU used to be the premier historical mod but they made it into more of a simulation and it's hardly playable like a game, it feels like an entire other product at this point
>>
>>802545
Third odyssey is extremely good but it isn't THE mod
>>
>>802543
Uninstall
>>
>>802206
Whos "The Command"?

Also, somewhat of a noob question. Is it better to use a farm estate or soldiers household on grain provinces?
>>
>>802543
Its not polished nor optimised but the Extended Timeline mod is the most famous mod and probably the greatest in scope.
>>
Is it possible to dismantle the HRE while being the emperor?
>>
>>801428
shieeet, some years from now niggas will be spouting that shit unironically
>>
>>801653
Finally an accurate represenatiton of the Emirate of Portugal
>t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>803068
I don't think so
>>
>>803025
The Command is a hobgoblin nation in the Anbennar mod and the strongest in the game at the start. Typically people dev grain and livestock provinces for manpower so they use soldier's households on them.
>>
If I no cb an irish minor as Lubeck will that give me enough range to reach the americas?
>>
>>803649
At diplo level 3? Fuck no
Eventually? Of course
>>
>>803649
with the colonial range idea in exploration ideas and a colonial range advisor yes but you wouldn't need the advisor if you snag the azores or iceland
>>
>>800853
you will never be a woman
>>
>>802543
The only good mod is Conflux, every reply is shit garbage
>>
What nation scales really well, has ideas/missions that are really powerful, but doesnt start off that strong?
>>
>>804181
Oda, Jianzhou, Sirhind, Flanders/Holland and Lubeck all fit that description
>>
>>804181
Holland into united provinces
>>
Fuck, I haven't bought Leviathan yet and it feels like a waste of money due to bugs (Don't really mind unbalanced stuff), but on the other hand, those monuments look mighty interesting, especially since some mods add adittional ones
>>
>>804776
The game is alright don't listen to everyone, just pirate the dlc.
>>
>>804964
Can you pirate the DLC when the rest of the game/DLCs is legit?
>>
>>805087
yes but honestly it's easier to just download a fully pirated copy
>>
File: 1405360743589.jpg (57 KB, 500x500)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>803146
anon...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites
>>
>>805120
Any clue where someone could find such a copy? Or is it not kosher to speak of it here? Haven't pirated games in a couple of years now so I have no idea where to find it.

Also, do pirated copies support modding?
>>
>>805148
cs dot rin dot ru
I bought the game and the first few dlcs before i awoke to paracucks business model, now I just pirate every dlc that is released. You can even play multiplayer and get achievements with pirated dlc and legit base game.
Legit base game + pirated dlc is the best combo, since you still get access to steam workshop and the mod forum without buying the dlc
>>
>>805163
> cs dot rin dot ru
Damn, I can't read shit. Is it in the forums (where you need to create an account)?
> Legit base game + pirated dlc is the best combo, since you still get access to steam workshop and the mod forum without buying the dlc
That sounds good
>>
>>805214
It's under main forums. You don't need an account to find the topic but you need one to view the links
>>
>>805216
Oh Found it. Well, seems well explained enough, I'll give it a shot! Thanks anon!
>>
>EU4 but the entire ocean is just one sea province
>and all rivers are navigable as part of this sea province
i want to make this mod. Question is, how easy will that be?
>>
>>804242
>>804243
Im banned in my group from playing in japan, china, or india. Netherlands isnt really good in the mod we use (custom) since you can form france just as easily and get better ideas. Also im banned from going heavily into colonialism. Lubeck is nice but just did a game as them.
>>
>>805087
Yes and it's easy to do, just search EU4 DLC FREE on YouTube and you'll see what you need to do.
>>
>>806100
What the fuck did you do to get banned from everything?
>>806106
Yeah this works. I downloaded all the dlc from a youtube video. The files had a cream api.
>>
>>805862
It will likely fail. EU4 shits itself when a province is too big or has too many connections, I tried making something semi-similar for a fantasy map conversion but having one big province made the game catastrophically crash, only after it was split many times did it even start to load into the game.
>>
For some utterly retarded reason I'm thinking about playing this again. World maps and a box of crayons only gets me so far. How much does Emperor add? Obviously Leviathan is a disaster but Emperor is the only other major DLC I don't have.
>>
Vickyfag here, I'm trying to get into EU4 but I dunno where to start. Any good tips or tutorials you can tell me?
>>
>>806435
Just do the same things you did to learn Victoria
>>
>>805216
>>806106
Damn, it worked really well. Didn't even need the youtube vid, just the forums were enough
>>
>>806435
play the ottomans until you are good at it
>>
File: booba.gif (356 KB, 450x359)
356 KB
356 KB GIF
bros I think espionage ideas are very good
>-10 percent advisor cost
>-20 percent aggressive expansion
>-0.10 Yearly corruption
>can fabricate claims for subjects
>+1 diplomat
>>
>>806746
It's good early game to deal with AE
>>
>>806746
>-20% AE
only good in the HRE because managing your AE with 75 countries at once sucks ass
>advisor cost
>corruption
Just spend money lmao
>fabricate claims for subjects
actually useless, if you mark land as vital interest they'll fabricate claims on their own
>>
>>806435
Ottomans, Portugal, and France are good noob nations.
>>
>>806809
>actually useless, if you mark land as vital interest they'll fabricate claims on their own
Neat
>>
>>806809
except it will be way faster to do it yourself, but thats not really worth a whole idea group
>>
>>806287
invest in some dry erase markers and paper protectors
>>
>>799408
Can't forget that in EU4 Hungary and Poland start with poor relations when we've been friends since the 1200s. Lengyel, magyar, ket jó barát
>>
why do i have peasants revolt cb on every bordering nation when i'm just a regular republic and the peasants crisis has ended for decades
>>
>>806746
>-10 percent advisor cost
>-0.10 Yearly corruption
solveable with money
>can fabricate claims for subjects
they do it themselves when u mark a province
>+1 diplomat
>-20 percent aggressive expansion
diplomatic ideas have 25% improve relations and 2 diplomats. And policies are nothing special so it sucks. Completely outclassed by diplomatic ideas
>>
>>806108
If im alone they cant stop me
>>
>>806746
Its only good in very specific circumstances. During my ideas guy game it was my first pic so i could stack all the modifiers for ae. Some poland games it can be good since aristocratic is good for them and you get cav combat from the policy.
>>
>>806809
>if you mark land as vital interest they'll fabricate claims on their own
I wish this was true.
>>
Is 1.32 going to keep all the bloat from 1.31?
>>
Name the most useless, forgettable feature. I nominate condottieri.
>>
>>808592
Condottieri is fun, which is more than you can say about most mechanics. Innovativeness is the most useless mechanic in the game, you spend mp to save mp, the player can't really interact with it, it doesn't do anything, just a number that only affects itself. I always forget that's a thing since I don't even own RB and nobody ever mentions it.
>>
>>808592
Its useable early game. Is should scale similarly to volunteers in hoi though.
>>808612
Getting high innovativeness is worth it though depending on the nation. There are a lot of techs you want to be ahead on especially mil. You do save a lot by waiting until later but if you are only buying ahead when you gain innovativness then the all power cost you gain is worth it.

My vote is for what they are doing to concentrate dev. Its broken now but its not going to be useable in the new update.
>>
>>808592
War taxes
Selling ships
All the espionage actions like corrupting officials, slandering merchants, etc
>>
>>808592
Condottieri are really useful for cheesing the ai into betraying their allies
>you want to fight country A but they're allied to country B that you don't want to fight
>country B gets into a war
You can offer just ONE infantry regiment to whoever country B is fighting, stand it on B's capitol and they'll get like -50 reasons to honor a defensive call to arms. Great for getting around annoying alliances in the early game
>>
>>808592
Condottieri are actually quite easy to abuse.
>>
>>808592
I love it because it actually gives me shit to do between wars, I like flexing nuts with my armies and fucking up whoever I want without diplomatic pushback, playing like a merc nation
>>
I'm Sweden, should I be the Emperor of HRE?
>>
>>808653
never mind, converted to Protestantism and now can't be the emperor might as well dismantle the HRE after the religious war.
>>
>>800572
There is the more annoying method. Feed them the land, release them, let them form the nation, conquer enough of the land back for a sub 100% vassage, vassal, return lands.
>>
>>804181
Provence is the proper answer.
Cores on all of Naples, same ruling family as France, PU on Aragon, PU on Hungary, perma 20% reduced annex cost. Can easily form Jerusalem for perma holy war.
One issue is sometimes things won’t line up (Castile gets Aragon, Aragon let’s go of Naples before you get cores, Austria pu’s Hungary, France claims your throne, etc).
(Btw found out any Christian nation can form Jerusalem if their capital is moved to Egypt/Arabia. (Surprisingly not the levant)) Great for their special gov type
>>
>>806100
Sounds like a shitty group
>>
>>806746
Espionage isn’t a good idea set but don’t underestimate that improved spy networks. That’s a huge buff to siege ability, and when you have a spy network in a nation it also reduces the a/e. Without it you can’t reliably get to 100% spy network, it will usually be caught around 50%
>>
>>808169
>it is
>>
>>794990
Can I play the multiplayer on the pirated version?
>>
>>808592
Every single answer so far has been wrong. Those features have been very useful in the right hands.
The correct answer is centralize state. Truly the most useless feature ever added
>>
File: eu4_map_FRI_1661_09_09_1.png (321 KB, 5632x2048)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
reposting
why do i have the peasants revolt cb against all of my neighbours despite only being a regular frisian republic in 1661?
>>
>>808892
You aren’t a normal republic, you’re a peasants republic
>>
>>808904
shit im retarded, i thought it was only east frisia and dithmarschen that was peasant republic
>>
>>808891
>The correct answer is centralize state. Truly the most useless feature ever added
This. The worst part is that all they need to do to make it better is change it from using 100 reform progress to make it use 100 admin power. Then it would be a nice admin mana dump rather than a waste of one of the slowest-generating resources.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.