[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1930.jpg (63 KB, 1240x744)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I feel a supreme urge to settle the stars. What games let me live out this fantasy? NO STELLARIS
Pic very much unrelated
>>
Distant Worlds
>>
>>794221
Endless Space 2
>>
Astroneer, since it conveniently starts with an A.

Everspace 1 or 2 if you wanna go actiony.

Dyson Sphere program if you liked factorio, but not in a hyper autistic way.

Space Haven if you liked dwarf fortress.

Finally surviving mars since you're a PDX slave.

Otherwise fuck you.
>>
>>794221
>>794223 is correct. Distant Worlds: Universe is the way to go. Or if you prefer Aurora 4x. Both very good and scratches that space colonization itch.
>>
>>794221
What is the pic op?
>>
>>795048
Deer with a tire around his neck.
>>
>>795048
I read something about this recently. Aparently the deer had been carrying around that tire for two years before they finally managed to tranquilize it and remove the tire. They had to cut off the antlers to get it off because apparently they didn't have the tools to cut through the steel wires in the tire.
>>
>>794221
Spore
>>
>>794221
https://apex.prosperousuniverse.com/
$10 a month no refunds
>>
>>795339
>essentially condemn the animal to never breed and remove its only form of defense against predators that isn't running
>We #SavedTheAnimals, guys!
I hate this fucking world.
>>
>>796674
Don't be so dramatic.
a) If they could have saved the horns they would have.
b) the antlers regrow every year.
c) an elk is fucking huge, it uses the antlers fight other elk. Antlers are just the whip cream on top, they can and will trample wolves to death with just their hooves.
>>
>>796674
>I know nothing about animals but I have a burning need to be outraged about something!
Bruh. Antlers aren't horns. Bull elk lose their antlers every year and they grow back in the spring.
>>
Master of Orion 2 bruh
>>
Definitely Master of orion 2 if you can get past dated graphics
otherwise try Remnants of the precursors which is a free remake of the original master of orion
>>
>>795339
This is basic incompetence. A steel-belted radial tire can be cut easily with metal-cutting shears and other tools. They're trying to mud drywall with a paintbrush.
>>
>>796674
the next time you're about to give your opinion on something, don't, and instead, look back on this post and remember that you're a fucking retard
>>
>>795339
You mean they prepared tranq darts but not tire cutters? Surely even a simple bolt cutter would have been enough?
>>
>>794223
I love the game, but the resource management is either full blown autism or just ignoring it and praying you don't get shortages.
>>
>>796674
Hate yourself for being the problem instead and learn that you don't need to give ignorant opinions on every single topic just because you desperately need to find something to complain about.
>>
>>794221
Rimworld
kinda
>>
>>798575
>you're the problem
Don't forget to kill yourself first anon, after all humans are bad!
>>
>>797348
no, tyres are fucking tough. made to last, etc.
>>
>>798602
You seemingly lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>794271
op is not asking for an arcade game
>>
>>796907
Also, the main predator of elk is human hunters. There's no elk with horns longer than a rifle will shoot.
>>
File: file.png (87 KB, 225x225)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>797348
A tyre cutter looks like this, you nonce, how the hell were they going to take that out to a wild animal? Tyres and bolts are not the same thing. They still attempted it with the tools they could bring to bear.

>>798602
Just you specifically.
>>
>>796674
Antlers grow back each year...
>>
Why DO deer regrow that shit anyway? Seems like a lot of energy expenditure to grow out that biomass year after year
though i guess its the same amount of biomass as shedding fur except its not all at once...
>>
>>799504
Not a biologist.
But my thoughts:
a) Elk big. A bit of extra bone growth each year to guarantee any damage from last year is gone is a good trade. Plus herbivores have more biomass to work with since their food doesn't run away even if it is less energy dense.
b) Evolutionary adaptation. They use them to fight over mates, so just creating new models each year increases the chance that you'll get one good enough to win you a mate (and pass on the antler shedding gene), vs the chump stuck with one pair for life (and good luck to him if he ever damages that one pair).
>>
>>794221
Stellaris
>>
File: images (27).jpg (18 KB, 500x455)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>798608
No way they are that tough when a basic metal nail can pierce through, even the wires could be cut individually if they wanted.
>>799171
Yeah and a paper cutter is picrel, yet I can still use my hands to tear paper.
>>
>>796674
Why does every anon feel the need to be "le misanthropic victim" acting like some tortured soul and then get mad at random cunts on Twitter for doing the same thing?
>>
>>800417
I mean there's a clear difference between posting anonymously on a tunisian goat herding board and namefagging on twitter for attention.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (348 KB, 1908x1146)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>794221
Endless Space 1/2
Masters of Orion
There's a really old autism game too about using mass drivers to bomb planets with minerals
>>800417
Because animal "lovers" are everywhere and feel the need to tell everyone interacting with nature is harm
>>799504
I'd tell you to use the internet to find out but there's no easy to access answer
Probably because that's just how they evolved
Some things to note are
>injured/weaker males shed faster and so lose out on mating
>older males grow larger antlers
So no matter the reason, it contributes to selecting the strongest, healthiest mate
I mean, why do sharks constantly grow new teeth whilst we only have two pairs? It might be disadvantageous to have permanent antlers! After all, as you can see in image related, there's not much protecting a deer's antlers, it's just a thing layer of skin, and if it gets damaged, that's the antler done for.
>>
Okay but what game has the deer with the tire around its neck?
>>
>>800582
I thought the OP was a Far Cry 5 screenshot or something.
>>
>>794221
sins of a solar empire
>>
File: 20201107141818_1.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>801825
Based. Kino space battles too.
>>
>>794221
Does Homeworld count? I assume not.
>>794223
Distant Worlds is great, it's a shame the second game comes out next year instead of this year.
>>801825
>>802117
Based...
>>
>>794221
stellaris

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.