[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: After_The_End_Fan_Fork.png (3.17 MB, 1920x1440)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB PNG
What was the exact moment it all went wrong?
>>
>>794101
The big bang
>>
File: file.png (172 KB, 350x220)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>794101
>>
>>794101
From when it began.
Expecting full that paracuck plaza commies to not shit up anything amermiutt related is just denying reality.
>>
>>794101
When it became a fork and some dev started adding self-insert Muslims and Jews all over the map. It was comical to watch.
>>
>>794101
When they got a discord, when they decided that realism and plausibility should be a focus, when they started adding irl religions that have oddly meticulous care put into not misrepresenting them, when they tried to "rework" areas of the mod only to make them not fun and then promptly forgot about them so they can add a fifth islamic heresy that no on is going to play, when they turned the founder of the confederacy into a n word to own imaginary racists, when they went on to pretend the confederacy was never supposed to be reminiscent of the irl confederacy (ignore that most of the nobles had the names of clansmen and all of them wore dixie hats), when the head dev became a tranny, and so on.
Really it was just a cascade of retarded moments that ruined the mod one step at a time. The creation of a discord was probably the start, but the devs are all so retarded that I'm sure they would have eventually ruined the mod without it.
>>
>>794485
>when they decided that realism and plausibility should be a focus
What did they change using this excuse?
>>
i honestly couldnt imagine sinking years of your life into making something and then in the end its utter shit
>>
>>794494
*after the end
>>
>>794101
when the jew mod dude took over
>>
>>794491
Off the top of my head, they used it a ton as an excuse for adding muslims around the map. Like holy shit did they go on and on about population centers of muslims in america, as if .8% of people in orange county being muslim justifies muslim california
>>
>>794504
so actually the opposite of plausibility, got it
>>
>>794503
>the jew mod dude
IT'S MA'AM
>>
when the fuck is the new update, it's been over a year
>>
>>794101
Next update when
>>
>>794491
>when they decided that realism and plausibility should be a focus
I hate this shit, worst part is they're not at all consistent about it.
Like how come Warhammer 40k Rust Cultists have got to go but Aladdin Muslims are fine?
And what's realistic or plausible about gay feminists everywhere in a feudal society?
I had a bad feeling from the moment this project was announced and the dev made a big deal about calling it the "fan fork" and being clear that this was a different mod to the original, like he was always planning to "rework" it.
>>
>>794504
>>794518
Orientalists are the only form of Islam that deserve to exist in ATE. Floriduh guys larping as Arab Muslims is amazing.
>>
>>795090
Orientalism is epic.
In fact normal Islam should just be replaced with Nation of Islam and Orientalism should be a religious group of its own.
>>
>>795099
they wouldn't include NoI because they are fucking cowards, only added some references to Orientalists but never made it its own religion
>>
>>795090
The Misrist heresy where they larp as pharaohs is pretty good too
>>
>>795246
I've never played long enough to see that pop up actually, guess I could always do the court chaplain converts you to heresy event and convert to it myself though. Had a fun time doing a batenburger playthrough in pennsylvania that way
>>
>>794458
Why did he do it, bros?
>>
>>795303
I have never seen Orientalism wining the initial jihad and surviving the early years except for one time when they somehow beat the Mouse tribe and united Florida. But even then they still bordered the big grey blob.
>>
>>795315
that's also true, even playing as them can be pretty dicey if the HCC decides to fuck you up
>>
look the tips touch
>>
>>795332
Florida is Muslim now? Is the tranny guy Muslim or something?
>>
>>795333
I think they had caribbeans too

anyone here follows NEOW? I think they added more africa to the south, how is it?
>>
>>795327
I feel like putting all that work into a religion only to put it into only one province in a shitty location is stupid and wasteful. I think Orientalism should get a leg up and more realms and rulers. And honestly I think HCC dissolved from the mod, because if the modders doesn't want any reference to the Confederacy, then what's the point of it? It's just blobbing ugly in every game. Maybe playing as one of the HCC vassals is interesting, I don't know.
Speaking of religions and work put into them, it's annoying how barebone Occultism is even tho it covers almost all of New England and it's one of the longest existing religion in the mod. I hope it's not because the modders are iffy about Lovecraft works being a part of the belief.
>>
>>795571
Nah they're just narrowminded, Druidic for example is the most fleshed out and flavorful religion in the mod with everything from minor titles to event chains and drood character mechanics, pretty sure all they actually added was fricking Merlin though because it's 100% straight ported from the Ancient Religions mod and it's quality shows.
Meanwhile they insist on adding pointless shit like another version of Latin American Christianity complete with barebones featureless heresies (yay wormwoodism) because Bolivar/sacred heart/Moravian LARPers aren't enough whilst only just now in the very final release getting around to giving Gaians actual content, questionable decisions all round.
>>
Isn't that fork literally ran by the guy who made the kike submod for original ATE
>>
>>795693
Its so weird that they have druidism right fucking there to draw inspiration from, but all they can think of doing to improve religions that have lacked content since before the fan fork is to add crusades/a formable secular religious head that can call for crusades.
And the trend the fan fork has with adding filler religions to areas just to give the religious map mode some variety is stupid. Whats the point of adding trailwalker to the plains if it functions the exact same as the previously present revivalist?
Also I will eternally seethe at the huge waste of potential that is the orthodox/native religion in alaska which still has ONE (1) mechanic, a single decision that lets you trade a little bit of gold for a little bit of prestige.
>>
>>794485
How the hell do trannies manage to take over HoI4 mod teams?
>>
>>795871
A combination of lots of free team due to welfare reliance, autism and narcissism. They are more driven and determined than others, and see modding as a form of activism.
>>
>>795747
>And the trend the fan fork has with adding filler religions to areas just to give the religious map mode some variety is stupid.
I hate this
Part of the reason the pre-1066 start dates in Vanilla suck so bad is that pretty much no religion is really spread out enough to get some proper dynastic politics going on, all there is to do is holy war. After the End would be 10x better if there were more widespread religions controlling multiple large kingdoms like in 1066 than having a gorillion irrelevant religions and tiny irrelevant counts.
>>
>>795333
Jewish.
The Muslim is another dev
>>
>>794101
Crusader Finns > After the End
That is all
>>
>>795315
I've seen it happen only once after the Orientalists managed to pull off a fluke battlefield capture. Even then they were eaten by the grey blob after a couple of generations
>>
>waaah waaaah
>they added kikes and muzzies to my game waaah
back to your containment board retards
>>/pol/
>>
File: 1593033026266.jpg (62 KB, 540x377)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>794485
>when they turned the founder of the confederacy into a n word to own imaginary racists

>calls the founder of the confederacy a nigger
>mfw he's literally one of the 'imaginary' racists getting owned
>>
>>796504
Oh I'm deeply racist, but I was most certainly not owned by the founder of the confederacy being made black. More annoyed at how the devs decided to spend their time writing lore essays about how le based black man founded the confederacy, instead of making the confederacy any fun to play because they were paranoid that racists would have fun larping as the csa. Thats what I was referring to when I said imaginary racists, because I'm pretty sure no racist actually played the confederacy just because of how fucking boring it is.
>>
File: based.png (70 KB, 583x141)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>nobody replied to my inflammatory bait the first time
>I know, I'll directly call out a random anon!
>>
>>795076
>Rust Cultists have got to go
Wait they removed admech? That was my favourite though. I guess into the trash it goes.

I hate those "realism" fags, they got mad baron removed from KR too. What is with those people shitting on the fun parts of the mods.
>>
File: Stone Mountain.png (2.07 MB, 1601x897)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>796515
It's funny how much cope they put into Stone Mountain.
>the previous carving was completely destroyed, erased from history
>it's now picture of a based black emperor
>>
File: 1631246989150.jpg (210 KB, 1200x694)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
HCC is full of missed opportunities across the board. If the theme of ATE is history being mostly forgotten and appropriated to justify divine right monarchies and such, and the HCC is obviously race-blind as fuck, why not have shit like black cavalrymen donning the "white robes" and charging those damned Yankee Americanists?
Right, they're afraid of pissing anyone off but le chuds.
>>
>>796585
>they got mad baron removed from KR too
wtf wasn't he the most beloved figure in the whole mod
>>
File: 1284917964395.jpg (94 KB, 448x336)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>795871
the mod team heads are noodle-spine normies, they were raised to pamper to anyone the media tells them to
>>
>>796615
He's still in but very heavily neutered.
>>
>>795871
The only people playing HoI4 are zoomers and trannies. Everyone stayed the fuck out. And zoomers lack skill and mental capacity to do something even as basic as mod a PDX game.
>>
>>796608
>HCC is full of missed opportunities across the board. If the theme of ATE is history being mostly forgotten and appropriated to justify divine right monarchies and such, and the HCC is obviously race-blind as fuck, why not have shit like black cavalrymen donning the "white robes" and charging those damned Yankee Americanists?

This. That would actually fit the setting perfectly.
Why would it ever occur to people living in a setting that likely has widespread serfdom that the pre-event people fought a war around unfree labour? They should remember the old CSA but interpret it through their modern situation, because the symbols of it are being used to legitimize the neo-feudal rulers(including the black ones). Like the Americanists presumably think that their religion is an actual direct continuation of what the pre-event americans were doing, the Confederates should think much the same. Their conception of the original Confederacy should be that they were good christian boys defending against the Yankees and their president worshiping paganism.
>>
>>796471
That's the least of this mods problems, my main beef with it is that they keep purging all the funny jokes in the name of le realism.
>>
>>796585
A religion called "Rust Cultism" is still in but they expunged all 40k references and made it feminist.
It's also ridiculously OP now because it can farm pre war artefacts and has a whopping 5 holy orders, all based on labour unions because the devs are commies.
>>
>>797222
>all based on labour unions because the devs are commies
That makes sense desu. They should revere labour unions as the people who used to work with the machines that they worship, they should just either forget about the class conflict or misinterpret it.
>>
>>797240
That's fair enough but no religion in CK2 needs FIVE holy orders. Even vanilla catholicism doesn't get that many.
>>
>>797262
Fair point. Though if they did something interesting with them beyond the usual mercenaries that you pay with piety having loads of holy orders might not be a bad thing. I haven't really played the fan fork so I don't know if they actually have though.
>>
>>794101
How many of you are from the old general?
>>
>>797262
If any religion needs 5 holy orders, it’s honestly rust cult. Even with that + GHWs it’s still maybe a 30% chance of them making it past the 100 year mark, what with the onslaught of Norse and Peyotist adventurers. It’s even worse than the Tarim Basin is in vanilla.
>>
>>796471
>literally everyone here agree
maybe you should go back to your containment discord tranny
>>
>>798271
That's just how pagan religions are supposed to be in CK2, they're pretty much designed to fizzle out without player intervention.
Rust Cult is a victim of the fact that it used to be pagan until the dev's changed their mind but is still set up politically like a pagan start, there's no large kingdoms or empires just small squabbling states surrounded by aggressive infidels so naturally they get stomped. As it stands the midwest is still set up like the Baltic in 867 (but without defensive attrition) when now that rust cult is a civilised religion it should be set up more like Francia in 867.
>>
File: ck2_1.png (3.77 MB, 1920x1080)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
Did a little edit to the mod so that the Grand Sultanate of Orientalism is a Caliph title instead of a Pope title and now the Suncoast is a pretty strong start
Also made a couple of other little changes.
>>
>>795307
He gazed upon the burning orb in the sky and foresaw the boiling oceans.
He knew that for the survival of all, he had to make the hardest step so that one day we could step on new worlds
>>
>>796515
As a fellow racist, I usually just played in Florida, New England, and my own home state. Neo-Confederate Empire is a cool idea but boringly executed by the mod.
>>
>>794485
I'm just frustrated that they added all these different flavors of Islam while completely neglecting Orthodox Christianity. Its only presence in the mod is as a devolved heresy that is no longer Orthodox. If there are enough Muslims for entire counties in California and Florida to be majority Muslim by 2666, then I think actual Orthodox Christians deserve at least some representation.
>>
>>794101
That Fan Fork dev took over
>>
@796504
@796471
Man Americans will ruin anything to make each other suffer, huh? Hopefully China puts them down out of mercy soon before they ruin too many more international cultures.
>>
File: Reclusive.png (14 KB, 126x112)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>794101
when the head dev came out as trans

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.