[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: After_The_End_Fan_Fork.png (3.17 MB, 1920x1440)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB PNG
What was the exact moment it all went wrong?
>>
>>794101
The big bang
>>
File: file.png (172 KB, 350x220)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>794101
>>
>>794101
From when it began.
Expecting full that paracuck plaza commies to not shit up anything amermiutt related is just denying reality.
>>
>>794101
When it became a fork and some dev started adding self-insert Muslims and Jews all over the map. It was comical to watch.
>>
>>794101
When they got a discord, when they decided that realism and plausibility should be a focus, when they started adding irl religions that have oddly meticulous care put into not misrepresenting them, when they tried to "rework" areas of the mod only to make them not fun and then promptly forgot about them so they can add a fifth islamic heresy that no on is going to play, when they turned the founder of the confederacy into a n word to own imaginary racists, when they went on to pretend the confederacy was never supposed to be reminiscent of the irl confederacy (ignore that most of the nobles had the names of clansmen and all of them wore dixie hats), when the head dev became a tranny, and so on.
Really it was just a cascade of retarded moments that ruined the mod one step at a time. The creation of a discord was probably the start, but the devs are all so retarded that I'm sure they would have eventually ruined the mod without it.
>>
>>794485
>when they decided that realism and plausibility should be a focus
What did they change using this excuse?
>>
i honestly couldnt imagine sinking years of your life into making something and then in the end its utter shit
>>
>>794494
*after the end
>>
>>794101
when the jew mod dude took over
>>
>>794491
Off the top of my head, they used it a ton as an excuse for adding muslims around the map. Like holy shit did they go on and on about population centers of muslims in america, as if .8% of people in orange county being muslim justifies muslim california
>>
>>794504
so actually the opposite of plausibility, got it
>>
>>794503
>the jew mod dude
IT'S MA'AM
>>
when the fuck is the new update, it's been over a year
>>
>>794101
Next update when
>>
>>794491
>when they decided that realism and plausibility should be a focus
I hate this shit, worst part is they're not at all consistent about it.
Like how come Warhammer 40k Rust Cultists have got to go but Aladdin Muslims are fine?
And what's realistic or plausible about gay feminists everywhere in a feudal society?
I had a bad feeling from the moment this project was announced and the dev made a big deal about calling it the "fan fork" and being clear that this was a different mod to the original, like he was always planning to "rework" it.
>>
>>794504
>>794518
Orientalists are the only form of Islam that deserve to exist in ATE. Floriduh guys larping as Arab Muslims is amazing.
>>
>>795090
Orientalism is epic.
In fact normal Islam should just be replaced with Nation of Islam and Orientalism should be a religious group of its own.
>>
>>795099
they wouldn't include NoI because they are fucking cowards, only added some references to Orientalists but never made it its own religion
>>
>>795090
The Misrist heresy where they larp as pharaohs is pretty good too
>>
>>795246
I've never played long enough to see that pop up actually, guess I could always do the court chaplain converts you to heresy event and convert to it myself though. Had a fun time doing a batenburger playthrough in pennsylvania that way
>>
>>794458
Why did he do it, bros?
>>
>>795303
I have never seen Orientalism wining the initial jihad and surviving the early years except for one time when they somehow beat the Mouse tribe and united Florida. But even then they still bordered the big grey blob.
>>
>>795315
that's also true, even playing as them can be pretty dicey if the HCC decides to fuck you up
>>
look the tips touch
>>
>>795332
Florida is Muslim now? Is the tranny guy Muslim or something?
>>
>>795333
I think they had caribbeans too

anyone here follows NEOW? I think they added more africa to the south, how is it?
>>
>>795327
I feel like putting all that work into a religion only to put it into only one province in a shitty location is stupid and wasteful. I think Orientalism should get a leg up and more realms and rulers. And honestly I think HCC dissolved from the mod, because if the modders doesn't want any reference to the Confederacy, then what's the point of it? It's just blobbing ugly in every game. Maybe playing as one of the HCC vassals is interesting, I don't know.
Speaking of religions and work put into them, it's annoying how barebone Occultism is even tho it covers almost all of New England and it's one of the longest existing religion in the mod. I hope it's not because the modders are iffy about Lovecraft works being a part of the belief.
>>
>>795571
Nah they're just narrowminded, Druidic for example is the most fleshed out and flavorful religion in the mod with everything from minor titles to event chains and drood character mechanics, pretty sure all they actually added was fricking Merlin though because it's 100% straight ported from the Ancient Religions mod and it's quality shows.
Meanwhile they insist on adding pointless shit like another version of Latin American Christianity complete with barebones featureless heresies (yay wormwoodism) because Bolivar/sacred heart/Moravian LARPers aren't enough whilst only just now in the very final release getting around to giving Gaians actual content, questionable decisions all round.
>>
Isn't that fork literally ran by the guy who made the kike submod for original ATE
>>
>>795693
Its so weird that they have druidism right fucking there to draw inspiration from, but all they can think of doing to improve religions that have lacked content since before the fan fork is to add crusades/a formable secular religious head that can call for crusades.
And the trend the fan fork has with adding filler religions to areas just to give the religious map mode some variety is stupid. Whats the point of adding trailwalker to the plains if it functions the exact same as the previously present revivalist?
Also I will eternally seethe at the huge waste of potential that is the orthodox/native religion in alaska which still has ONE (1) mechanic, a single decision that lets you trade a little bit of gold for a little bit of prestige.
>>
>>794485
How the hell do trannies manage to take over HoI4 mod teams?
>>
>>795871
A combination of lots of free team due to welfare reliance, autism and narcissism. They are more driven and determined than others, and see modding as a form of activism.
>>
>>795747
>And the trend the fan fork has with adding filler religions to areas just to give the religious map mode some variety is stupid.
I hate this
Part of the reason the pre-1066 start dates in Vanilla suck so bad is that pretty much no religion is really spread out enough to get some proper dynastic politics going on, all there is to do is holy war. After the End would be 10x better if there were more widespread religions controlling multiple large kingdoms like in 1066 than having a gorillion irrelevant religions and tiny irrelevant counts.
>>
>>795333
Jewish.
The Muslim is another dev
>>
>>794101
Crusader Finns > After the End
That is all
>>
>>795315
I've seen it happen only once after the Orientalists managed to pull off a fluke battlefield capture. Even then they were eaten by the grey blob after a couple of generations
>>
>waaah waaaah
>they added kikes and muzzies to my game waaah
back to your containment board retards
>>/pol/
>>
File: 1593033026266.jpg (62 KB, 540x377)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>794485
>when they turned the founder of the confederacy into a n word to own imaginary racists

>calls the founder of the confederacy a nigger
>mfw he's literally one of the 'imaginary' racists getting owned
>>
>>796504
Oh I'm deeply racist, but I was most certainly not owned by the founder of the confederacy being made black. More annoyed at how the devs decided to spend their time writing lore essays about how le based black man founded the confederacy, instead of making the confederacy any fun to play because they were paranoid that racists would have fun larping as the csa. Thats what I was referring to when I said imaginary racists, because I'm pretty sure no racist actually played the confederacy just because of how fucking boring it is.
>>
File: based.png (70 KB, 583x141)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>nobody replied to my inflammatory bait the first time
>I know, I'll directly call out a random anon!
>>
>>795076
>Rust Cultists have got to go
Wait they removed admech? That was my favourite though. I guess into the trash it goes.

I hate those "realism" fags, they got mad baron removed from KR too. What is with those people shitting on the fun parts of the mods.
>>
File: Stone Mountain.png (2.07 MB, 1601x897)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>796515
It's funny how much cope they put into Stone Mountain.
>the previous carving was completely destroyed, erased from history
>it's now picture of a based black emperor
>>
File: 1631246989150.jpg (210 KB, 1200x694)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
HCC is full of missed opportunities across the board. If the theme of ATE is history being mostly forgotten and appropriated to justify divine right monarchies and such, and the HCC is obviously race-blind as fuck, why not have shit like black cavalrymen donning the "white robes" and charging those damned Yankee Americanists?
Right, they're afraid of pissing anyone off but le chuds.
>>
>>796585
>they got mad baron removed from KR too
wtf wasn't he the most beloved figure in the whole mod
>>
File: 1284917964395.jpg (94 KB, 448x336)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>795871
the mod team heads are noodle-spine normies, they were raised to pamper to anyone the media tells them to
>>
>>796615
He's still in but very heavily neutered.
>>
>>795871
The only people playing HoI4 are zoomers and trannies. Everyone stayed the fuck out. And zoomers lack skill and mental capacity to do something even as basic as mod a PDX game.
>>
>>796608
>HCC is full of missed opportunities across the board. If the theme of ATE is history being mostly forgotten and appropriated to justify divine right monarchies and such, and the HCC is obviously race-blind as fuck, why not have shit like black cavalrymen donning the "white robes" and charging those damned Yankee Americanists?

This. That would actually fit the setting perfectly.
Why would it ever occur to people living in a setting that likely has widespread serfdom that the pre-event people fought a war around unfree labour? They should remember the old CSA but interpret it through their modern situation, because the symbols of it are being used to legitimize the neo-feudal rulers(including the black ones). Like the Americanists presumably think that their religion is an actual direct continuation of what the pre-event americans were doing, the Confederates should think much the same. Their conception of the original Confederacy should be that they were good christian boys defending against the Yankees and their president worshiping paganism.
>>
>>796471
That's the least of this mods problems, my main beef with it is that they keep purging all the funny jokes in the name of le realism.
>>
>>796585
A religion called "Rust Cultism" is still in but they expunged all 40k references and made it feminist.
It's also ridiculously OP now because it can farm pre war artefacts and has a whopping 5 holy orders, all based on labour unions because the devs are commies.
>>
>>797222
>all based on labour unions because the devs are commies
That makes sense desu. They should revere labour unions as the people who used to work with the machines that they worship, they should just either forget about the class conflict or misinterpret it.
>>
>>797240
That's fair enough but no religion in CK2 needs FIVE holy orders. Even vanilla catholicism doesn't get that many.
>>
>>797262
Fair point. Though if they did something interesting with them beyond the usual mercenaries that you pay with piety having loads of holy orders might not be a bad thing. I haven't really played the fan fork so I don't know if they actually have though.
>>
>>794101
How many of you are from the old general?
>>
>>797262
If any religion needs 5 holy orders, it’s honestly rust cult. Even with that + GHWs it’s still maybe a 30% chance of them making it past the 100 year mark, what with the onslaught of Norse and Peyotist adventurers. It’s even worse than the Tarim Basin is in vanilla.
>>
>>796471
>literally everyone here agree
maybe you should go back to your containment discord tranny
>>
>>798271
That's just how pagan religions are supposed to be in CK2, they're pretty much designed to fizzle out without player intervention.
Rust Cult is a victim of the fact that it used to be pagan until the dev's changed their mind but is still set up politically like a pagan start, there's no large kingdoms or empires just small squabbling states surrounded by aggressive infidels so naturally they get stomped. As it stands the midwest is still set up like the Baltic in 867 (but without defensive attrition) when now that rust cult is a civilised religion it should be set up more like Francia in 867.
>>
File: ck2_1.png (3.77 MB, 1920x1080)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
Did a little edit to the mod so that the Grand Sultanate of Orientalism is a Caliph title instead of a Pope title and now the Suncoast is a pretty strong start
Also made a couple of other little changes.
>>
>>795307
He gazed upon the burning orb in the sky and foresaw the boiling oceans.
He knew that for the survival of all, he had to make the hardest step so that one day we could step on new worlds
>>
>>796515
As a fellow racist, I usually just played in Florida, New England, and my own home state. Neo-Confederate Empire is a cool idea but boringly executed by the mod.
>>
>>794485
I'm just frustrated that they added all these different flavors of Islam while completely neglecting Orthodox Christianity. Its only presence in the mod is as a devolved heresy that is no longer Orthodox. If there are enough Muslims for entire counties in California and Florida to be majority Muslim by 2666, then I think actual Orthodox Christians deserve at least some representation.
>>
>>794101
That Fan Fork dev took over
>>
@796504
@796471
Man Americans will ruin anything to make each other suffer, huh? Hopefully China puts them down out of mercy soon before they ruin too many more international cultures.
>>
File: Reclusive.png (14 KB, 126x112)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>794101
when the head dev came out as trans
>>
>>797300
*raises paw*
>>
>>794476
One of those I get is 'Grande Ligne': It's an annoying jewish community that just ends up in the news once every year or so because they refuse to pay their taxes/ are seen illegally dumping their shit straight into the river.
>>
>>795333
Florida gets an event chain where there's a 1/10 chance the 'orientalists' actually beats the Mouse and start eating up Florida, it's rare though.
>>
>>797262
If those holy orders actually had conflict/relations debuffs between one another, it'd be a fun mechanic
>>
>>800014
The event chain just gives Ali a hot wife from Detroit. When they win it's because they captured the Waltney chief.
>>
>>798393
Are Orientalists still restricted to gavelkind in your mod?
>>
>>800387
They're not restricted to gavelkind in the normal mod
>>
>>800396
What are the ones they get, then? I know they didn't have the usual muslim one, it was pretty limited
>>
The thing with Muslim and Jewish rulers in this mod is that they're all scattered around the map and, beside Guyana, they most often control only one province, at best two or three, and often said provinces don't even follow their religion. So, unless player control them, they get always annihilated in the first 50 years of the game. The only ones that sometimes survive are already mentioned Guyana and the self-insert californian muslims, and the latter mostly because of the event chain.
>>
>>800401
IIRC Ghazi elective and primogeniture are also available,
>>
>>795871
I'm half-convinced that the rise of transgenderism is the result of some sort of escaped CIA project to create self-propagating sleeper cells. It would explain why they're so adept and eager to infiltrate and convert people to their cult.
>>
>>800411
Yeah I've never seen the self-insert not self-insert jew in new jersey survive very long
>>
>>800411
>>800599
Y'all Forget Gotham
>>
>>795333
under AI (mis)management, the florida muslims are always doomed
>>
File: yikes.png (12 KB, 982x125)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>794101
I honestly respected him before this
>>
btw here is a link to their github for anyone wanting access to the dev version

https://github.com/9Kbits/ateff
>>
>>800650
In my games Gotham is never relevant because they're constantly getting gangbanged by pirates and occultist raiders.
>>
>>800757
Why? Half his changes were made out of spite after /gsg/ told him to fuck off to own the 4chan. Granted, it is morbidly funny that he got BTFO so hard that he lost his manhood
>>
>>801072
>Half his changes were made out of spite after /gsg/ told him to fuck off
can I get a source?
>>
>>800425
It's like the satanic panic but real, shits hilarious.
>>801073
No sources for you cunt, you've just got to take our word for it.
I was around the threads at the time and believe me they deserved to driven off, search the archives for ate;ff/9kbits and you'll find something juicy I'm sure
Muslim dev (or someone really good at pretend to be him) used to show up here sometimes and even they admitted how insufferable the trannydev is.
>>
>>801103
>you've just got to take our word for it.
Unfortunately this, I vaguely remember him complaining about it on his discord to gain sympathy when I lurked on it, but it has been so many years I don't know if he even has the same discord anymore
>>801073
>>
File: 1467413434496.jpg (329 KB, 2236x1096)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
Last time i played the mod was way before the fan fork even existed. If i were to give it another go, should i just go for the original mod, or is the fan fork still worth playing even if it's being used as a soapbox for autistic devs? And what are some of the more egregious things that have been added?
>>
>>801194
The fan fork is compatible with holy fury, for one
>>
>>800757
you mean her, anon.
>>
>>797222
>expunged all 40k references
That sucks because that part of what made them funny, but with GW being the jews they are about IP they might have noticed sooner or later.
I could even be convinced on tone/lore grounds if argument was good enough, but
>made it feminist
Of course they fucking did. Trannies making tranny mods is one thing but what is with all those groups taking existing mods just to shit all over the original content and throwing half of it out pretending that's "improvement".
>>
>>801222
No
>>
>>801229
yeah you mean her. if she transitioned to a woman, shes a her :) sorry if thats confusing at first anon, hope we straightened some stuff out. don't worry, no one is upset you made a mistake.
>>
>>801194
The Fan Fork isn't as bad as it's made out to be. The more recent changes are really lame, but overall it's more enjoyable than anything you'll get out of, say, CK3.

It's compatible with Holy Fury and is just a bit more updated and polished, albeit also with extra shit added that wasn't necessary. Some of the changes I actually like, like how they changed Norse religion to be less larp and has an interesting idea behind it (basically paganism interpreted through the lens of a previously Protestant society). The Islam stuff is lame but not terrible (the whacky Florida guys are kind of funny), and at least there are very few of them so it won't significantly impact your experience.
>>
File: 1610838258206.png (91 KB, 742x757)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>800425
Marxists gonna marx. They just have mainstream support
>>
File: image0.jpg (223 KB, 541x443)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
Here is the head dev's self-insert btw
>>
>>801443
>Evangelical Southron
That doesn't sound right
>>
>>801443
I thought
>she
was a Neoladino Jew who was fixed to always be brown?
>>
>>801443
I thought his self-insert character was in California.
>>
>>794485
A black man refounding the Confederacy is kinda based though.
>>
>>801489
>>801516
Yeah that one is a randomly generated courtier
>>
>>801223
>GW being the jews they are about IP
There's literally a warhammer fantasy mod. Did that run afoul of anything?
>>
>>800961
Cool stuff anon, are you a former dev or something?
Based on the note from king jew it seems like the update is content complete, and at this point they're just removing bugs.
Christians in cali are pretty cool, and damn I had no idea they were putting that much work into mexico.
The central american mormons are a fun concept but it has the fan fork's usual issues whenever they add new religions. Also the religion itself is pretty boring as far as its features go, basically just normal mormon but it doesn't have a religious head until you become emperor.
>>
v1.2 has just been released
>>
>>801882
Changelog:
>New Great Conqueror John Wayne
>Gaian Rework
>Mexico and Central America Rework
>5 New Religions: Lamanitas, Fidencistas, Cristo Rey, Unitas Fratum, Navegante
>Heresies for Cristo Rey and Lamanitas
>3 New Government Types: Theocratic Captaincy, Old Regime, and Open Range Feudal
>Texas Rework
>HCC Rework
>New Josias Questline
>Bulldogs and Ram, Calvinist and Arminian Splits for Evangelical
>Evangelical Heresies Reworked Knighthood Trait For HCC
>Westphalia Reworked Into Calvert Appeal
>Calvert Appeal Fixable Unlike Westphalia
>Southern Crusade Fixed
>Nazarene added to California Along With Heresies True Cross and Edenite
>Colorado Reworked to Trailwalker, Neo-Gnostic Reworked Into Proper Heresy Features Added to Nestorian
>Neomoor Reworked Into Melting Pot
>New GFXs for Religious Branch Traits Added
>Haida Helmets Added
>New UI and Government For Brazil
>New Lore For: Virginia, HCC, California, Mexico, Texas, New York, PNW, New England, and Brazil (edited)
>>
>>801889
looks pretty good, will have to try next week
>>
>>796608
>>796656
these posts are made by people that 'get it'
>>
>>796471
back to your tranny discord
>>
>>801781
>Cool stuff anon, are you a former dev or something?
nope I just searched Github for a while and found it
>>
File: weary tonegawa.png (358 KB, 703x600)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>801882
>>801889
>they removed human sacrifice from Mictlantec
>>
>>801889
Why does every update add a dozen new featureless religions and heresies while "reworking" something that already had loads of content?
>>
File: 1632536850390.gif (1.75 MB, 498x272)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB GIF
>>801889
>>New Lore For: Virginia, HCC, California, Mexico, Texas, New York, PNW, New England, and Brazil (edited)
>(((New Lore)))
Hmm, wonder who they made black and/or gay this time.
>>
>1.2 last ck2 version
Great, can we get a fan fork of the fan fork now?
>>
>>798393
gib files
>>
>>802063
What the fuck. This is lame.
>>
>>802287
ReAlIsM
>>
>>802063
>>802292
>Mictlantec was also changed with removed sacrifices to be more respectful and accurate to modern native belief in Mexico. It has Día de Muertos
RESPECT THE MICTLANTECS, FOOLS
>>
>>802319
>new englanders are old gods worshiping pagans
>rust belters worship machines
>dudes from wisconsin are norse pagans

>but how DARE mexican pagans do human sacrifices
>>
Are there any submods to make native american faces look better? I want to play places like yucatan or the comanche, but I can never get past how fucking ugly all of them look.
>>
>>802292
>>802319
This is just bullshit. The whole great appeal of Mictlantec was that you could larp as Aztecs.
>>
>>802347
I think there was one or two on workshop, but I can't guarantee they are up to date. What you can easily do is changing their graphical culture (nameoftheculturegfx) in the culture files, replacing their default looks with the one you prefer. I've made most of east coast look English or Norman with this method.
>>
Some more features added that have been revealed on the Discord:

-There's also now an option to reintegrate the Mojave to Nevada once you rule it as King of Nevada

-Fidencistas are mystical christians who believe they can become possesed by great figures of Mexican history (which were into this esoteric cult) that are considered Saints. It now has the incarnate mechanics from mictlantec. The saints that can incarnate you are Niño Fidencio, Pancho Villa, Benito Juárez, Francisco Madero. Also, there's a chance for Jesus or Mary to incarnate you.

-Cristo Rey are orthodox catholics which are led by a Prelate that also holds a Holy order. So warrior priests. They were once dominant and rejected St. Louis, but are now in decline after conflict with the Empire.

-Unitas Fratrum is a better Moravian, a Falling Star heresy that is a mix of Prots and Caths with emphasis in reuniting central America.

-Mictlantec was also changed with removed sacrifices to be more respectful and accurate to modern native belief in Mexico. It has Día de Muertos
>>
>>802368
-Sagrado has two new branches San Juditas and San Charbel. San Juditas is St. Jude, patron of lost causes. He has a similar standing in mexico as the Virgin of Guadalupe. And is prayed to for almost any reason. San Charbel is a maronite saint introduced to México by immigrants, he gained popularity by being patron of health and difficult diseases. He's prayed to by offering sashes and ribbons onto the statue.

-Lamanitas are syncretic mormons with Mayan gods, seen as ancestors and figures in the Book of Mormon, following the Mesoamerican model of events. So they believe the book of Mormon is actual Mayan history.

- Also Sol Invicto is now based on syncretism of heliolatry and catholics, and messianic movements in México. It was changed because it was a purepecha ethnoreligion and now it includes many more myths from Northern México Natives like the Yaqui

-Cristo Rey is the mexican Catholic answer to St. Louis.

-The heresy of Cristo Rey is Reformistas, who represent an attempt to secularize mexican catholicism and place it directly under the emperor. It's sort of a precursor to Sacred Heart in that sense, while still being more theologically orthodox

-Don pelayo of White Sands also has a questline/event chain. He is kinda unique because hes cristo rey north of the border while the rest of his faith is far into the heart of mexico
>>
>>802073
Welcome to modern modding
>>
>>802370
So the orthodox version of catholicism within mexico is Cristo Rey, which we have to be a lay order that gained a lot of power post-event because of the chaos and the IRL shortage of priests. they are led by a Prelature, a layman, and enforced orthodoxy very strictly. overtime they began to dominate the politics of the mexican empire, to the detriment of some emperors, leading some to declare themselves reformists and try and reorder the church with the state in full control. this failed but the damage caused by the conflict between the prelates and the reformist emperors set the stage for the establishment of the mission of the sacred heart and the state-controlled archbishop of mexico as it's leader

i'll save the details for you guys but an emperor was the one who did this, seeking support from minority groups and less orthodox christians in the empire, declaring tolerance for all sorts of devotions and beliefs

The branch traits of Sagrado Corazon i think represent the most popular devotions in the empire. But of course that in the lore there are thousands.
>>
>>802370
>>802368
wow all these new religions that will have no new mechanics while the old religions are gutted
>>
>>802373
There is also an "Armas" dynasty and character that has the same coat of arms as the Habsburg

Referencing a Salvadorean legend about "Justo Armas", that the eccentric man that captivated their high society with his education and dominance of the german language, Justo Armas, was in reality Maximilian. As both Juárez and Maximilian were masons, it's said the former couldn't kill a brother. And his official cause of death was 'Made Just through (force) of Arms'.
>>
File: 1611350268003.gif (1.5 MB, 411x348)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>Mictlantec was also changed with removed sacrifices to be more respectful and accurate to modern native belief in Mexico. It has Día de Muertos
Half of the religions south of the rio grande are "catholic saint veneration reduced to actual paganism" and the actual catholic religion is portrayed as being like the medieval church, but gods forbid we not be respectful to 27,839 people in mexico who put themselves down as being belonging to "Native religions" by having them practice their religion like it was practiced in the past.
>>
>>802379
The "Old Regime" government in Mexico is kind of like Imperial for Byzantines.

The Mexican Empire actually more or less plays the role of Byzantium, as a decadent and almost dead empire that still exists, but severely reduced. A legacy of another time.
>>
File: c1c[1].jpg (163 KB, 960x540)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>802319
>It has Día de Muertos
fucking gay lmao
>>
How does it compare to New Era Old World?
>>
>>802368
>>802370
Who is St. Louis
>>
>>802397
City, seat of American Pope with dubious legitimacy
>>
>>802393
>New Era Old World?
What even happened between them and this mod, they used to call themselves ATE Europe, so what was the drama?
>>
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736119687

Also, I remember this submod causing a lot of asshurt in the ATE discord when it came out, but I don't remember why
>>
>>802407
IIRC chief jew asked them to drop the name because ATE had begun going down the path of (selective) realism, while Old World is even goofier than ATE used to be
>>
>>802409
ATE trannies were seething over the mod making the proto-Gaians antifa, and making the HCC Confederacy connection completely overt
>>
>>802407
The OW devs were a little too “based” for the the main AtE FF devs to handle lol
>>
File: cult of saints.png (953 KB, 1808x472)
953 KB
953 KB PNG
I really don't like the two new Cult of Saints religions. They're so bland and bare-boned, both in execution and concept. Even their descriptions completely don't stand out. Fidencistas has one unique mechanic of becoming incarnate (a mechanic that was stolen from an another religion mind you) and Navegante has even less, but it's sea themed which I guess is enough to make it a separated religion. Really these two should be at best heresy to Sagrado, not an interdependent religions.
>>
>>801882
I'm gonna play as the armenian alvin and the chipmunks county so I can dab on the muslim self-insert and DEFEND ARTSAKH
>>
>>802407
they were always two separate teams and people were bothering them about the lore, while in fact there was no attempt to collaborate and keep the lore consistent - neow is it's own interpretation. so they lost the brand to make this clear
if you're looking for sides and benefactors, this was for the sake of ateff devs sanity more than anything. they're trying to keep the world sensible while neow has jojokes, lotr kingdoms and yugoslavia
>>
>>802162
there's talk of the muslim dev making his own fork called the Director's Cut. idk if that's actually happening
>>
>>802443
What would he include in it?
>>
>>802455
all i've seen is what he said about it on reddit, idk if there's anything on discord, that's a pain to keep up with
reddit.com/r/AfterTheEndFanFork/comments/pnpw5g/what_all_do_i_need_to_reform_america/hcr85bq/
old.reddit.com/r/AfterTheEndFanFork/comments/pie5hs/colombian_conan/hbqbj6z
>>
>>802393
NEOW has some cool ideas but it gets old even quicker than ATE since it's basically just vanilla but with post apocalyptic fanfc.
>>
>>801889
Did they do the promised update of the Mouse Tribe in Florida?
>>
>>802413
Wait, so did Antifa actually control Portland on game start in that mod? What about the Confederacy?
>>
Shithead beaners did better than the trannies. I can't believe it. I wonder how the jew schemed to annex these wetbacks.
>>
File: 20211021005201_1.jpg (419 KB, 1366x768)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
Holy shit this law is trash. Completely ruins gameplay as a vassal if your liege passes them. Your Court Chaplain can't convert anything, and you can't declare Holy Wars.

And since the AI is completely retarded it always goes for this law unless its a theocratic realm like the Papacy or something.

There is no reason to play as a vassal if this law is enacted.
Also gotta love how this bullshit is completely anacronistic adn unrealistic in a mediaval setting, but of course they had to put this trash in.
Do any of you guys know how to edit laws? I want to remove all this "religious toleration" laws.
>>
File: 20211021003752_1.jpg (427 KB, 1366x768)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
Another bullshit law. Did you know that this "senate" law only exists for independent rulers?
And that it is the Open Range Feudal counterpart to Late Feudal Administration?

If you are a vassal you are stuck with gavelking until your liege passes "Protected Senators" and only then are you allowed to switch to primogeniture.

This doesn't happen in vanilla. Dukes are able to pass Late Feudal Administration whether they are independent or not.
>>
>>802984
I am not kidding. crusader Kings and Queens always go for this law. They are unable to convert their realms. 20 years have passed and they did not convert a single county beyond the capital one that is converted at the end of the Crusade.

First there is its immediate predecessor, that severely hampers Court Chaplain county conversion, and also has holy wars end up vassalizing the target, instead of usurping like normal. Then comes this pacifist bullshit.
>>
>>802992
at least there’s a lore reason now for why texans were so weak after the event: horrible and weak governance and social structure
>>
File: 1627616647714.png (417 KB, 402x759)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>794458
>>
>>802984
Removing stuff in CK2 is easy, just use charinfo to identify the long name of whatever you want to remove, find that in the commons folder and chop it out.
>>
>>803014
Every non-tribal and non-nomadic ruler has this "religion tolerance law" slider.
>>
>>795333
It can become either Muslim or Jewish because the merch republic in Miami is Jewish.

Feels weird realizing the old ATE didn't have this, but they always felt out of place.
>>
>>803403
It really does. All other faiths, even ridiculous ones like Gaia and Pelagic, always felt like they belonged in the game, but muslims and jews never do, no matter how wacky or weird they make them.
>>
>>803454
What about the Orientalists tho?
>>
>>803458
It is as I said. Muslims and jews feel out of place in ATE. No matter if they reference Yakub, Alladin, Ali Baba and genies, it just has this "does not belong" feel to it.
>>
>final patch
>consumerists still have no content
>>
>>803395
what the fuck??? so the AI is going to constantly kneecap itself?
>>
>>802992
>>803395
lmao did they even include that in the patch notes? what complete and utter trash
>>
>>803485
Yes. EVERYONE goes for this law. Crusader Kings/Queens that just won their realms through a Crusade enact this law and make themselves unable to convert their realms.
HCC also goes for this all the time.
Your liege will always go for this, and therefore make it impossible for you as the vassal to convert your lands.

Go to the "common" folder of the mod, then go to the "laws" folder, find the "tolerance laws" and delete it. It completely erases this bullshit from the game and therfore makes it a thousand times better.
>>
>literally add tolerance to the game
>game shits itself
like pottery
>>
Why are the devs so obsessed with muh realism? The extent of their 'knowledge' is basically skimming Wikipedia anyway. I'd rather have fun stuff like the mod originally was intended for rather than 10 different Jewish heresies that nobody cares about.
>>
>>803564
That's just what trannies do when they're not trying to make a political statement about an ideology they dislike (see, TNO)
>>
>>803498
Good to know it's easy to get rid of, thanks anon. They didn't remove an existing slider that they replaced with the tolerance laws, did they?
>>
>>803564
Because they don't see it as a cool fictional scenario, they see it as a platform for LARPing as yourself as a king in America.
If IRL Mormons don't practice polygamy then it's better for Mormon players to LARP as themselves if Mormons don't have polygamy, if IRL native Mexicans don't sacrifice people then it's better for native Mexican players (who probably don't exist) that Miclantecs can't sacrifice people, this is literally their logic.
>>
>>803573
>native Mexican players (who probably don't exist)
I know there was at least one, but I think all he did was get them to change cultural boundaries to move natives to where they actually were
>>
>>803582
Oh my god, a brown person who doesn't incessantly whine about everything?
>>
>>803568
No. They just added this tolerance laws slider.
>>
>>803498
How hard would it be to separate all the stuff responsible for the Mictlantec human sacrifices from the previous version of the mod and copy past it into the new patch? Or does it takes something more than that?
>>
>>803621
Easy as fuck
They always do an incredibly sloppy job removing anything from this mod, if you look at the localisation files literally everything they've removed in the past is still in there. It is just as easy as just pasting shit from old versions in.
>>
>>803621
That i don't know, anon. I am not a modder, I only know how to remove this "tolerance laws" bullshit because its braindead easy, just findind the file and delete it, you don't need to change or write anything else.

If you do finf out how to bring back old Miclantec tell me about about it, I would love to have them back.

In theory I am not opposed to some of the changes like the lore of the Mexican Empire, Cristo Rey and its heresy, the changes to Sol Invicta as well as the Fidencistas also having the Incarnate mechanics, but I disagree on changing the Miclantecs so much. They having less territory is alright, but the religion itself shouldn't have been changed
>>
I've read that the changes in Mexico and the rest of Central America was done by the team of the planned AoS submod, but as they were integrated much later not all of their changes were kept, supposedly major Mictlantec rework was cut. Damn the tranny and jewish devs fucking up actual minorities.
>>
>>803706
Thats true. In the Discord they have confirmed that the AoS submod team had been integrated, and that not all their intended changes were implemented

They had planned something very interesting for the Old Regime government of Mexico, but unfortunately because of time constraints it was cut
>>
>>803746
>because of time constraints it was cut
yeah, volunteer teams working on a free mod really have to worry about those deadlines
Hopefully director’s cut materializes and fixes this stuff
>>
>>803454
I remember seeing vikings in there and going "Those are in this mod?" and eventually just concluded they wanted to reuse vanilla assets in the mod for some reason.
>>
>>802420
>Really these two should be at best heresy to Sagrado, not an interdependent religions.
It would be fun to rise as Navegante and overthrow the homosexual rulership of the Cult of Saints.
>>
>>803014
the person who designed Texas in Fanfork is a huge fag, that's why
>>
>>795871
To be able to continuously make mods for a game, you have to actually like and play that game
Modding scenes are just a reflection of the game's playerbase.
>>
9k if you are reading this, this is a reminder you will never be a woman. You will always be ugly. Your natural voice will always be deep and throaty.
>>
So 4chan reconquest of AtE when?
Removing all the bullshit and remaking the mod into something fun instead of just whining about the trannymod would be way more productive.
Some of you guys have to know a thing or two about modding.
>>
>>805139
I started on one a while back but gave up after a few months since I realized I didn't care enough about CK3 to carry through with it. My three pieces of advice
>make sure you have a team
>make sure you enjoy the game enough to spend many months working on mods for it
>make sure you're OK with mainly just filling in files with content
Mine was for CK3 and CK2's probably different but I spent most of my time just filling out files of namelists, province names, and all that other shit. It's a lot of menial work.
>>
>>805198
I feel you on CK3, I made a personal mod for it, fixing some historical inaccuracies and adding a few missing cultures, but the base game is just too barebones atm to justify any further work on it.
You're right on that part, most of my time modding feels like it's spent on namelists, localization, history, etc., it's a huge chore. But it feels good when all that's out of the way and you can actually play your mod without any errors popping up.
Like you said, the real challenge is finding enough people to dedicate themselves to a single goal for months at a time doing repetitive work. But I think that's where 4chan's strength comes out. There's enough autists here to do it.

I made my own personal submod for AtE, a rework of the Illinois/Indiana region, but I burned out after a few months working on it, leaving it very unfinished.
Here's a pic of it. Fixing and adding the rivers was the worst part.
>>
>>805450
>I made my own personal submod for AtE, a rework of the Illinois/Indiana region, but I burned out after a few months working on it, leaving it very unfinished.
Same here. I thought the stuff I got working was neat but I got tired and quit before I could even reach a v1
>>
>>805461
Yeah, staying motivated on these kinds of projects is pretty difficult. I tend to go all in for a month or two, burn out, then come back to it a few months later.
Can you show what you were working on?
Even if it's just a little bit, I wanna see.
>>
File: state_structure.png (933 KB, 640x998)
933 KB
933 KB PNG
>>805487
This is the most advanced screenshot I got of it. Showing off COAs as well as the formables I made
>>
>>803915
Apparently Navegantes are supposed to be the mexican version of Vikings in a way.
They have some of the same traits like "born in the caul"
Poor land, aquatic focused religion, raids.
They also have this thing where they kidnap people to teach the true faith. They take the "fisher of men" literally
>>
>>803573
>native mexican players
Fucking wetbacks are devs now
>>
>>805011
You will be a woman before you are a real jew.
>>
>>798393
Link?
>>
>>806181
The fag jewish-larper really should take a shower
>>
>>805198
>I started on one a while back but gave up after a few months since I realized I didn't care enough about CK3 to carry through with it.
Honestly I'd do this on CK2
>>
>>806107
>they kidnap people to teach the true faith. They take the "fisher of men" literally
This is kinda funny.
>>
>>803573
>If IRL Mormons don't practice polygamy then it's better for Mormon players to LARP as themselves if Mormons don't have polygamy
I have literally never met a single Mormon or even a person who ever even considered Mormonism who didn't like the whole idea that God could call them to fuck more than one woman.
>>
>>806214
God I just want the fucking game already GIVE IT TO MEEEEE
>>
File: g5f9o2sif8c11.jpg (42 KB, 750x728)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>mfw they made it impossible to form the Seven Seas Empire
Oh no, can't let the player do a cool playthrough about conquering only single province islands but still going from Bermuda to the Pacific, better force them to blob to 150 realm size to form a generic titular empire like every other start.
>>
>thelma was removed
For what reason
>>
>>806718
I actually did that playthrough, and then granted myself the title with console commands. I think the reason it's blocked is because all of the mod's events for shattering empires will start firing on you because your realm size is too low. Those events should probably be blocked for de jure empires
>>
>>806212
And based
>>
>>806986
To break continuity with NEOW
>>
>>806986
In CK3 it will still exist, just as a heresy to "Glorianism"
>>
>>806148
They were the ones who did most of the work on Mexico in the last update, yeah. They added in most of the new religions too, it seems.
>>
>>803706
>Damn the tranny and jewish devs fucking up actual minorities.
Well they weren't Muslims or Jews so they couldn't let them get good content
>>
>>798393
>the Grand Sultanate of Orientalism is a Caliph title instead of a Pope title and now the Suncoast is a pretty strong start
Defo a change for the /vst/ Fork
>>
>Bretheren
Cool meme talk like a Pirate religion. Needed more content to make it an actual religion but it's alright you get what it says on the tin.
Recommendation give the ability to select a patron deity.
>Pelagic
Really should have been in the Native American group and needed content, like any content.
Recommendation move to the Native group and give some Inuit themed stuff to.
>Navegante
Wut, like wut, 0 mechanics, barely any lore. What is its purpose beyond taking up like 11 provinces? Recommendation either remove or heavily rework, I don't know it what way it could be reworked because it's just that bare bones.
>>
>>807763
>Recommendation move to the Native group and give some Inuit themed stuff to.
Wait I was retarded, meant the American-Syncretic group as Pelagic's in-game description makes it clear that it borrows a lot from Christianity. In fact moving them over will probably allow you to move the Tlingit faith into the Christian group proper and give them a Heresy that is just straight up Eastern Orthodoxy
>>
>>795871
Part of it is discord servers, people no longer have to congregate on the forums, and as bad as the forums are they forced something of a normalcy.

Now with discord the dev teams can go form their own echo chambers with their own rules and eventually it becomes incredibly unstable, then the trannies of those groups take it over, kick out anyone who isn't some weird rainbow antifa stalinist, start promoting among their kind to attract more and stack the room and turn the mods into utter shit.

Look at this mod, TNO, and a few other Paradox mods (and that one Fallout NV mod) that have suffered this fate.
>>
>>807800
TNO was doomed from the start because Panzer held some racist views when he was younger and so he went full on leftard to "atone" for his sins
>>
>>807763
It don't know how both AGOT mod and Warhammer mod have 10x better pirates than ATE when pirates are a tiny sideshow to the actual content but in ATE it's one of the very first religions they implemented.
>>
>>805737
It's a shame you quit so early, it looks promising. Though it being CK3, it's understandable.
>>
>>808135
>so early
It's early in overall development but in terms of effort, that screenshot was after about 6 months of work, and all the religions and cultures I had on the map were more or less flavorless at the time.
I'd like to jump back into it but only if it was part of a project someone else was leading. I think doing the map stuff/de jure stuff manually gave it a lot of flavor but holy shit did it take forever.
>>
>>808144
It might be better to wait until the discord trannies do most of the grunt work and release their ck3 mod, and then the anons can swoop in and fix it
>>
>>808157
Maybe, but their map's ugly as sin.
>>
>>808144
>after about 6 months of work
But I bet you learned much during those 6 months. You could probably do way more now in half that time or less.
It took me about 2/3 months on my mod, but that's only because I had already learned a lot from working on my previous personal mods.
>I'd like to jump back into it but only if it was part of a project someone else was leading
Kek, that's what I was waiting for as well. Though now that AtE CK2 had it's final major update I might restart work on my mod again just for fun.

Maybe try remaking your mod in CK2 instead?
>>
>>808189
>Maybe try remaking your mod in CK2 instead?
Maybe. I don't have all the CK2 dlc which is why I made the mod for CK3 to begin with but a major part of CK3 that annoyed me was having to fix anything that broke with a new game update, so that'd be nice.
>>
>>808217
use the friendly russian site
>>
>>801045
>>800650

Gotham and the whole mid-atlantic region is constantly having its shit rocked by raiders and crusades. Americanists are usually gone by the 150-200 year mark.
>>
>>806986
wait, wut. What is redcoats religion then? And how could such a wacky idea have been co-opted by devs who clearly hate fun
>>
>>808586
Redcoat religion is "Glorian". Old World Cult worshipping the "virgin queen Elizabeth" and the like..
Thelema wasn't removed, it just became the heresy of Glorian.
>>
>>808587
Still inexplicably allows gay marriage for some reason, because that's a QUINTESSENTIALLY BRI'ISH value.
>>
>>808597
That is an abomination, I agree.
I always deactivate that disgusting option to allow sodomite "marriage".

Wish someone would just remove it from the game, both the mechanics, the option and the lore.
>>
>>808587
ATE devs take "what if people thought statues were gods lol" way too far, it was interesting with the Americanists but this shit has become a trope of post-apocalyptic fanfics at this point.
Thelema was at least somewhat justified since a) Thelema is gay as fuck b) Freemasonry is omnipresent in the British Isles and c) The British government does literally everything in the name of the Queen. What NEOW seems to imply happened is that Freemasonry developed into the main spiritual authority after the event and picked up the teachings of Crowley as a main inspiration for their philosophy, while the idea of "the Queen" evolved into more of just their name for God than having anything to do with either actual historical Queen Elizabeth.
Even with the Americanists this shit goes too far, in my head at first I thought the Americanists must be some kind of legalistic cult descended from the pre-war justice system since all their theocratic titles are judge titles but they never went anywhere with that detail.
>>
>>808672
doesn't it make sense for the gay and cucked religions like cetic though
>>
>>809363
No. They may be gay and cucked, but this disgusting degeneracy is unique to modern times.
No medieval society would tolerate, let alone promote it
>>
>>808672
I dunno I think it's funny to turn gay marriage on but turn adoption off so faggots kill dynasties.
>>
>>809413
adoption is especially retarded since non-fags will use it as well, as an easy out to continue the dynasty if the woman is infertile for whatever reason
>>
>>808672
I like having it for some of the religions, like Gaians. It makes it more fun to purge heretics

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.