[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wargame.png (1.93 MB, 1366x960)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
So South Africa releases in less than an hour on steam and coming alongside is a balance patch that, according to eugen, has "grown significantly in size and scope" compared to the changes they already listed here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/251060/view/2994315478659361278
>>
File: rooikat spam.png (429 KB, 832x452)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
Autocannons seem to be the answer to rooikat spam. I wonder how long it will take for people to stop attempting tank rushes with SA.
>>
>>781509
Time to 10v10 tacticool.
>>
>>781662
their cost for that armor and poor rate of fire isn't worth it at any speed or stabilizer, so rooikats aren't actually that good although they are cute

South Africa is still the best faction though
>>
>>781662
You can also use the good old safety measure against tank rushes, which is getting one or two rocket helos at the start.
>>
where do I find people to play this game with, none of my pals play strategy games and I really want to get into wargame again
>>
>>781726
whats your steam ID? im sure some anon will play with you
>>
Glad to see Eugen has moved away from p2w and embraced p2l
>>
>>781726
The lobbies.
>>
File: 1532383413701.jpg (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
SA sucks
>>
Thread theme:
https://youtu.be/-LBCkW0kz2E
>>
red dragons got a grabbag of buffs and they still suck
>>
How the fuck do I couner Rooikat and Ratel spam? My Dynas and Proles are getting rolled by them.
>>
>>782141
Autocannons and medium tanks
>>
Just bought the base game. What am I in for?
>>
>>782169
Play USSR and have fun using big armor transports, read a guide if you need help. Campaign is also pretty fun (esp 2ndKW) but not good for teaching you to fight players.
>>
>>782141
Don't be a shitter and stop playing memelc decks.
>>
>>782107
Red dragons were fun when there were still noobs in multiplayer and they hadn't gotten all the unit names memorized yet.
>>
>>782169
Pain and self-hatred
>>
Opinions on Marder 3?
>>
>>781726
There is a steam /vst/ group, but it's mostly dead, though you can always try.
>>
>>782177
Different guy. Going to get the game in a few hours. Any recommended guides?
>>
>>782107
Play spec decks and spam cheap shit.
>>
>>782385
https://honhonhonhon.wordpress.com/how-to-get-started-with-wargame/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3d-ZYWK9TPkb8zuvxNRArw1gyi1fgb0R
>>
>>782385
you should play noob 1vs1s and just make a deck with whatever nation you like, just practicing with the different type of units is plenty
>>
>>781509
>Balance patch
So...is Israel fixed, or do you still have to ban Jews?
>>
>>782840
Jews were never strong to begin with.
>>
>>782840
Kurnass got nerfed, so did the speed of the spike atgm.
>>
>>782866
>medium tank for APC
>scout infantry also doubles as heavy ATGM infantry
>not strong
>>
>>783010
IDF is a strong all rounder but has never been meta. Eurocorps is the strongest blue deck by far.
>>
I FUCKING HATE EURONIGGERS
FUCKING DIE YOU STUPID FUCKING OP FAGGOT NIGGER FUCKS
DIE BITCH
DIE BITCH
DIE BITCH
>>
>>783012
Imagine playing with a coalition
>>
Play Chinese Motorized
>>
Should I buy the Double Nation Pack: REDS, Israel, and the Netherlands for 4.11 USD?
>>
>>783457
>double reds
Yes
>dutch
No, adds almost nothing
>>
>>783395
You need NK for that to be viable.
>>
>>783459
dutch is FUN
>>
>Finland is REDFOR
Fug :DDDDD
>>
>>783499
other than that lance rocket and having your units be named oosterpluit, what do the dutch add compared to playing eurocorps?
>>
>>783457
yeah buy all the dlcs on sale and wait for saf to go on sale at some point and buy it then
>>
>>781662
>>781714
The Rooikat recon is like an AMX-10RC and a Vickers fucked. Perfect little flank tank.
>>
>>784083
*shoots you with literally any gun*
nice 50 pts nerd haha
>>
>>783617
30 point mortar on a jeep.
>>
>>783617
nothing, which is what makes them based
eurocorps is meta and therefore cringe
>>
>>783601
I mean who wouldn’t want fight on the same side as Polan, Basedslavia and Best Korea?
>>
>>783617
Apaches and F16s. It's a burger flavour euro deck.
>>
>>783617
giant meme rocket
>>
>>783490
Actually just play NK moto with heavy arty support.
>>
I dont have any friends to uphold apartheid with and I am too bad at the game to play with the general wargaming public because I lose so bad my apartheid fantasies come crashing down
>>
>>786251
Wanna compstomp with me sometime then?
>>
>>786291
could, id rather play beginner 1vs1s most of all, or 2vs2s if the numbers existed
>>
was desperate enough to go to that reddit discord just to find people to play with and they are all mentally ill and not in a funny way. guess i will forever be a solo gamer
>>
tfw owned the game and haven't played anything besides the NK campaign since launch as I am so bad and literally too scared to do anything else
>>
>>787275
No one is good at a strategy game right from the start, anon. The only way to get good is to play a lot.
>>
wtf does armor do on planes? i have this su-25k plane on red dragons and i think it's stronger? but hard to tell. also how do i use this overprices 3000kg bomb
>>
What’s the best way to counter an APC rush?
>>
>>788531
Helo Rush or some high fire rate AP guns like the M8 AGS
>>
File: Chapparal from nowhere.webm (2.24 MB, 1280x720)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB WEBM
>>
File: Just keep pushing.webm (2.63 MB, 1024x576)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB WEBM
>>
File: wargame1.webm (1.08 MB, 1024x576)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB WEBM
>>
Bros I dreamt that I met a cute girl IRL and we were making a wargame deck
I haven't played W:RD in months I've got no clue why that happened
>>
>>788524
Protects you against low tier AA.
>>
>>788524
Armor increases your survivability. Since all AA is HE it reduces damage the plane takes from the armored direction by a flat amount.
>how do I use this bomb
Drop on clusters of lightly armoured stuff.
>>788531
Cheap tanks will shred vehicles very effectively for their cost. Helos will do well, as will infantry if they're getting close enough. If they're smoking well and it's rushing into a town with infantry in those vehicles that that's an effective push and you need to either out number them or drop ordinance on them a lot of the time.
>>789312
Protects against high tier AA just as well.
>>
I hate that it counts disconnects as losses. My win rate is atrocious cos of two main reasons. I 1vs1 my friend who plays ranked alot and while losing to him alot he coaches me. And the second was I used to drop a lot of games cos of my internet and now that's been fixed.
>>
>>783617
nobody answered this correctly, the answer is infantry with M16s and the antiheli asf
>>
>>792928
essentially what >>784734 said

Burgereuro sounds truly trash though
>>
>>792659
That's a good thing, and what you deserve for being a dumb, selfish nigger trying to play online with a bad connection.
>>
my buds are looking to do friendlies, what's a good 8 man game map
>>
>>792928
m16s are just standard ARs though
>>
>>788524
1 armor does nothing
2 armor reduces damage taken by 2.5x
>>
File: unknown2.png (1.35 MB, 1005x642)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
loving this patch
>>
>>797986
Is it bugged or something? Are you sure 1 armor does nothing? It's not nearly as relevant as 2 armor due to how that shit scales but I'm fairly certain it does reduce damage based on my own experiences. Just like it does on helos.
>>
>>798142
Yes, I'm quite sure that's how it works. 1 armor affects 0.75 and 0.5 HE weapons only (with 2.5x and 10x damage reduction).
However, nothing that can touch an aircraft has less than 1 HE.
>>
How do I play nswp aside from spamming mot schutzen?
>>
>>798162
Except anybody can see how much quicker a 0 armor unit like a jeep folds to autocannon fire than a 1 armor unit, and how 1 armor units are far more resistant to stray artillery rounds.
>>
>>798526
Autocannon fire is not HE.
1 armor units are not more resistant to artillery.
>>
>>798192
You think a redfor deck is allowed to have MULTIPLE good units?
>>
>>782938
thank fucking god. kikes made the thing faster than every atgm in the game.
>>
Why won't they add new maps for steel division 2? What's wrong with these french devs?
>>
>>799607
They just announced new maps.
>>
>>799607
why can't they see that Wargame is still doing much better than Steel Division 2. All I want is the QOL changes from Steel division 2 to be implemented into Wargame as well as new maps.

What I would kill for would be a middle eastern or Mediterranean game. They could add Italy, Spain, Portugal, Turkey and maybe the swiss to Blufor and Skyria, Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Algeria, Bulgaria and maybe Ukraine to for Redfor.
>>
>>793413
No, I mean the f104
>>795006
Yes, and all german inf. Besides falschrim have BRs. Its a marginal difference all things considered but I enjoy it and appreciate it. It does make a difference.
Dutch is my favorite blue deck, its worth buying and playing but its subtle.
>>
>>800498
>All I want is the QOL changes from Steel division 2 to be implemented into Wargame
how hard could this possibly be to add in a fucking update, it's the same god damn game with a reskin and slight differences

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.