[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 162 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ass creed.jpg (90 KB, 568x313)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>dodge-relentless is ba...
>>
File: day 10 caravan start.png (26 KB, 750x506)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>
>>770865
Aren't they planning another expansion for this game?
>>
>>770988
Yeah, eastern nations themed one. we wuz samurai n shit
>>
>>770990
got a source?
>>
>>770990
really?
where you even got that info?
also
>no Slavic themed one
>>
>>770865
dodge-relentless is not bad, the mindset that dodge has to come with relentless or vice versa is bad, you don't hedge all your MDEF into dodge, because one bad dice roll or pocket sand can cripple your INI for the next 2-3 turns of the engagement, regardless of relentless, unless you really, truly got awesome INI 3star bro i would just pick andrenaline instead
>>
Should be an Aztec themed expansion
>>
>>770865
Saw this game recommended in a couple of srpg threads.
Could someone sell me on this game? Looks fire emblemy.
>>
>>771203
Its not really fire emblemy, if anything you'd say it was xcomy.
Since you are running your own mercenary band and you recruit various generic recruits of various occupations from towns you pass through.

You make your money by taking on jobs from various nobles for cash and to build your rep so you can get better jobs and afford better gear/recruits.
Can also explore farther from the towns and cities to raid ancient deadly ruins for riches and relics but those tend to be defended by serious unnatural forces.

There is an 'end goal' of a sort with crisis events that build up over time and take various forms such as a big war between the nobles or the civilized lands being invaded by greenskins/undead but they don't end the game since you can keep playing after they conclude (and even chain through the various crisis events I believe).
>>
>>771211
Sounds comfy, but also sounds like there is permadeath in this. How easy is it for a retard to lose progress?
Also how involved is RNG? The RNG reliance is what got me bored with XCom
>>
>>771220
You can save and reload so it isn't ironman, pretty easy to make different choices since you have alot of freedom on how to operate as long as you are able to cover your basic expenditures in terms of supplies and paying your lads.
>>
>>771068
>>771125
We got a glimpse in the latest dev stream
>>
>>771267
link
>>
>>770990
>>771267
CAN YOU FUCKING GIVE THE LINK? HOLY FUCK MAN
>>
>>771220
I've heard horror stories of people having to play the game for 30 hours before being able to reliably survive the beginning, one or two bad battles are all thats needed to completely destroy you even at the easiest difficulties
but thats just at the beginning, later on you are much more resilient
>>
>>771220
very easy, in fact, you will almost certainly get fucked in your first run, second run, maybe you'll learn something from then onwards but mostly the first runs are going to be total shitshows
>>
>>770973
>enter first fight with 2 billhooks and guys in 150 armor
Just like God intended
>>
>>771288
Don’t fight direwolves on your first fight that’s where I went wrong
>>
>>771220
>how involved is RNG? The RNG reliance is what got me bored with XCom
in the strictest sense? not at all in ways that you can't plan for and compensate for
in an emotional sense it's gonna feel like you're getting raped by RNGesus for the first 100 hours or so
>>
File: article5_2_3fig1.jpg (322 KB, 1000x1084)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
Tried a janitor company as a challenge (lone wolf + only indebted hires) and its interesting. Like the weird solo LW trader its much easier to make big money since the day to day cost of operation without wages is miniscule since you just need food, but recruiting and early combat are more annoying than usual since you can only hire in the south and hires come butt naked whilst still costing more than the average lowborn. Indebted are very flimsy and their advantages beyond no pay -- no resolve check on friendlies and content being in reserve -- are rendered nigh useless due the entire company barring the LW being enslaved and the cap to 12 hires existing
Your player character really needs to be the one sticking himself in danger and soaking as many hits as possible
>>
maybe I'm too brainlet but I don't understand how I should level up my guys beyond the obvious like giving archers ranged skill and ranged defense.
>>
>>771508
You need to decide wether they will become nimble or battle forged, anyone with high fatigue can be battle forged so they can wear heavier armour. Anyone with high HP can be nimble, that’s one of the most important levelling decisions you have to make
>>
>>771508
>level up
pump ATK always, HP if below 60 or high roll, STA if below 115 or high roll, higher stat decides whether he go nimble or forge.
if melee pump MDEF, if ranged pump INI, pump RES too if bannerman, pump 2-3 INI if good star and overwhelm or dodge. dump ranged defense, bring heavy armor or a kiteshield or attack at night against bows, xbows put your nimble in the middle, furcloak on backline and nimble, padding for forged, hope for the best. i recommend bumrushing crosbows with swordlance backliners and andrenaline, you'll have to get them out after if they have bad MDEF, did I say pump MDEF if melee? if you did you can bypass rotation and footwork, more perk for you. if you position like a retard that you died regardless you deserve to lose your bro for it, learn your lesson and stop putting backline against high threat enemies or lowthreat enemy pre7, or have a frontliner babysitting him from the front. no backliner within 2 tile of swordmaster, you'll regret it. unless you bring a mace in backpocket and has QH or andrealine, then it's good.
>>
File: 20210920183701_1.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
Is this good? Was it worth it? I have no idea.
>>
>>771671
Decent battle forged armour not the best I’ve seen but certainly not the worst
>>
>>770865
...dly unreliable and will fail you when you need it the most
>>
Fast adaptation is just a must on necro hunting archers, saves so much trouble
>>
File: 20210920233711_1.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
So, is there some kind of history of racial hatred between Necrosavants and Donkeys?
>>
>>771991
Necrosavants are a fucking pain in the ass thats what they are
>>
>>771190
agreed about the first one, however
>because one bad dice roll or pocket sand can cripple your INI for the next 2-3 turns of the engagement, regardless of relentless
relentless+higher initiative than the opponent actually makes you stun immune in most situations and turns nomad sand into a massive waste of AP for the outlaws since it can be shrugged off just by using Wait, if they just throw sand and shieldwall their contribution to the fight for that turn consists of being another backstabber surround bonus provider
>unless you really, truly got awesome INI 3star bro i would just pick andrenaline instead
you don't really need to level it much at all if you get a background that starts with very high ini rolls and slap something that has hyena pelt, ratcatcher/thief/assassin are the main ones but maybe there's someone im forgetting

>>771705
its more mdef (which does have diminishing returns after hitting 50 but reaching that on anyone that isn't a shield tank is not easy) and the tricks that can be pulled off with relentless are pretty damn reliable. a problem thats often overlooked though is that the value of dodge, relentless and initiative in general is dampened even more than usual by being in a negative morale state. you dont ever want to have a bro stay on wavering or breaking since the hit to skills is substantial (punch i to open up the inventory during a fight and see for youreself) but a ini bro is getting fucked harder by it than anyone else
>>
Seems my assumption of combining gladiator helmets with battleforged was a miscalculation. Should I ditch them and pick nimble next level?
>>
>>772071
gladiators are somewhat of an anomaly in that it seems the devs wanted them and thus their armor to be in the medium category where its used with nimble, most people dont like those and just go for assassin style max efficiency to squeeze most value out of the perk possible
at the same time, using something other than the starting assigned helms on the trio on the origin seriously compromises soul and style. also just look at the lion there on the left with that named armor, >>771991, he looks utterly phenomenal. adding any attachments or switching the helm would ruin the look and it is proven that better fashion leads to better play since you care more about the company.
all that said due to the interactions between damage reduction, heavy armor and battleforged the guy with the DR passive should always be BF
>>
>>772099
I probably indeed don't want to give up helmets. Helps to see which guys aren't supposed to die.
I guess I should look for a better dagger now, haven't had an opportunity to use that special attack in a while.
>>
>>772071
>>772099
i use nimble/mail hauberk/headwraps for the rank-and-file, and they've been doing more than fine.
40% nim are for autists, real chads go for aesthetics first, ratio second. player morale is real, and I certainly don't want my guys playing dress up with pelts and 'extra' attachment like fags, they get what they get, and no more, the only named armour i use is named noble mail, nothing else, no barb armours, no wolf/nordic helmets, no southfag armour with gay ass leopard pelt draped all over it, only pure, honest mail and gambeson, anyone who says otherwise are underage teenager with the fashion sense of a donkey.
>>
File: 20210921023502_1.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
LMAO
>>
File: 1628665026004.jpg (29 KB, 500x666)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>771508
>he fell for the ranged "defence" meme
>>
Once my company stabilises and I’ve beaten the early game I get bored and start again. I’ve never even attempted black monolith
>>
Is building to sap enemy morale a good idea in general? Seems like it, unfortunately I have rolled undead crisis.
>>
I wish they'd buff the status effects all around. Then maybe there might be a better reason to take Resilient and experiment with weapons.
>>
>>772552
Yeah I thought I was being a genius making loads of poisoned oil and using it on orks. Turns out it’s just a waste of AP
>>
>>771991
all enemies have a murderboner for donkeys
>>
File: image0 (40).png (595 KB, 464x618)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>I've put in my time, I'm gonna do what I did with Darkest Dungeon when it started to pall and install a bunch of mods so all my shit's OP and I can just brainlessly steamroll for a campaign before going back to normal
>mods fight me at every turn even with vortex
honestly the maddest I've ever been at the game holy shit
>>
>>772552
>>772553
>gobs made poison to level the playing field between weak and small vs big and scary
>turns out big and scary shrugs off poison like nothing
nice poison lmao
>>
There’s no benefit to fighting ifrits at all, I want fucking hyenas not stupid rocks!
>>
>>772552
the only status effects that suck are the poisons since you need to apply them on weapon beforehand and they feel like they expire instantly, the weapon ones (daze, stun, stagger, bleed) are all very good though bleed is more of a "its nice that its there" thing unless you are hitting someone nimble
>>
>>772770
I just want to see more cases that I want to take the Resilient perk. Most status effects don't fuck me over hard enough where I would actually want to take it. Some can even be skipped entirely by using the wait command.
>>
>>772815
I've taken it on my tanks. They have high hp and I got some named helmets so Steel Brow didn't feel necessary. Bleed and poison are the most common and I guess daze and stun from 2H maces. But occasionally it will help you when fighting hexes or mortars or whatever else causes some multi turn effects.
It's not the most impactful perk but I don't find it useless either.

>>772769
They do give some pretty shitty rewards compared to how dangerous they are. Most other beasts let you craft something useful from their drops.
>>
>>772945
Ifrits would be fine if they didn't restore health on merge and split. Seems like a bug to me, to be honest, like they should've have tracked percentages of health, but couldn't.
>>
>>772951
If ifrits DIDNT regenerate armor and health on merge and could be tardpunched that would kill the whole point of their gimmick, just isolate the small ones and dont waste fatigue if you cant secure the kill for fucks sake
>>
>>772815
>Some can even be skipped entirely by using the wait command
That's definetly a feature and not an oversight since its only possible without consequence through higher initiative and or relentless
>>
File: 20210922001713_1.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1080)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
So someone just went and solved the crisis for me, I guess.
I was given a quest that implied that it could help with crisis, but the location was too far and I couldn't afford to go there.
>>
>>773004
its always like that for me
>take quest
>has to walk across the map
>smack camps on the way
>back to town to dump loot
>rinse and repeat
>>
After experimenting with a few dodge initiative tanks I’m going to do a run when I exclusively look for dodgy bros and make a whole team of them
>>
Is it possible to do an all range company?
Like bow, crossbows, and throwing weapons only with only dagger as melee defense for if the enemy get close enough.
>>
>>773418
you'd be hardpressed to clear out chosen and warriors but otherwise good, overwhelm dagger is better than expected as a tank build
>>
>>773397
based and dodgepilled
>>
>>773418
I wanted to give this a try but I imagine it would be be a total nightmare. Give everyone pathfinder and kite constantly but eventually you will get caught. You need dedicated heater shield tanks too occupy enemies and you need pike/billhooks to do damage
>>
>>773397
might as well try overwhelm then, several overwhelmers+dodge mdef is going to give everyone a huge edge when it starts to combine

>>773418
doable if tanks are allowed but the early game would probably be very very stressful and the progression bizzare since before throwing duelists many enemies will be a pain in the ass
>>
>>772500
>in general
do you mean slapping fearsome onto everyone? that one is pretty questionable but builds that are based around it can be effective since the power of morale is usually undervalued by players. confident is +10% to all skills, wavering is -10%, breaking is -20% and routing is -30% so even if you dont make someone run instantly it saps their actual threat level by a ton and each time someone's spirit drops it causes all of their friends to suffer a check too iirc
popular choices are handonnes due to their massive aoe, daggerbros and hammer duelists. ive been pondering fearsome on a spearwall tank since the immense number of hits means huge number of procs and tanks want to have higher than usual resolve and fatigue to begin with, on top of spears being the most lenient weapon type in regards to melee attack
>>
>>772500
>>773519
also to add, one thing that you'd think that works but doesnt but then kinda does is fearsome with three headed flail
you dont get 3 procs of the minimum damage resolve check but if you go for hail it'll do enough to proc a standard resolve check which will be subject to the penalty provided by fearsome. you might need to double grip vs nimble
of course the problem is that in situations where the three headed flail is going to kill people pretty fast if it actually get clean head strikes like this but i haven't really tried a fearsome flailbro to see how it goes one way or another
>>
>>773489
>>773505
Guess I'll have a few heavy pikeman to serve as tank then. Thanks.
>>
What’s best early initiative backgrounds to hire I know of thieves and rat catchers
>>
>>773697
gamblers also get a major bonus
manhunters get a smaller one
>>
>>773576
If you mean ranged heavy instead of ranged only then that is indeed perfectly fine.
>>
File: pic_quark_1623277598527.png (2.13 MB, 2844x1084)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
this image makes me think
>>
File: 20210922224842_1.jpg (444 KB, 1920x1080)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>773519
I made this guy, would be even scarier if thought of it earlier and invested more points into resolve.
I can't find another direwolf pack to make a better wolf-pelted armor for him.

On unrelated note, is there anything that could help me find another mercenary company? I can't find any to fulfil my ambition.
>>
>>773955
Bf is pretty much useless with such little armor, you'd be better off with nimble on him. well, too late now
sometimes you can hear rumors about there being a merc company in the area through the tavern, other than that im not sure if there's anything specific. think that if you go hostile with a noble house they'll sometimes send out sellswords to seemingly hunt you down but no idea if thats real or placebo
>>
>>771272
>>771279
niggas i was just messing with you holy shit
this game is abandonware, no more dlc
>>
>>774129
that isnt what abandonware means
>>
>>774129
>no more dlc
link
>>
>>773742
I might be retarded. What am I seeing here?
>>
>>774322
Autism
>>
>>774056
It's not entirely useless because I've got a big ass helmet, but yes, I miscalculated.
>>
>>774056
It's not entirely useless because I've got a big ass helmet, but yes, I miscalculated.
>>
>>774322
how to lose your company to raider and archers
>>
What the fuck is up with enemy numbers on Legends? Every contract fight seems to have 3 or more enemies than it would in base game. At two skulls, there's even more.
>>
>>774322
One of the schools of thought developed in this thread over the last year
>>
>>774572
they got buttblasted over people in these threads saying Legends is ezmodo
>>
>>774572
They are hard for a short time, but then you get to defeat 60 Orcs with 20 Brothers without a single injurie.
>>
Found an amazing seed. Big city surrounded by dye making villages that can all be sold at a profit in the central town
>>
>>774687
WLKYLOPRFH
>>
>>774604
>>774629
What makes legends easier? I've just started playing with it, and while some scenarios just hand you the world on a platter the "default" origins don't seem to benefit much. If anything, there's inconveniences, like the new trait system making it impossible to take pathfinder on everyone, making it impossible to pick certain traits on certain characters. I guess the camping system seems super overpowered, but that's not combat.
>>
>>774731
I don't know about the easier part, I think I just got better at the game.
If anything it makes the game harder
>>
File: 20210923212616_1.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
I decided to retire when I lose one of my main guys, so rip, I guess.
Should've bought a better armor, but I got too invested in the direwolf necklace and couln't find a replacement.
>>
File: bellydancer.jpg (370 KB, 1433x893)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
This is the first time I have gotten the belly dancer event. I have never seen such a high attack stat on a level one guy before.
>>
>>774806
more like bussydancer
>>
>>774572
bad game design
>>
>>771508
Very complex question that you get a feel for as you play
>>
Is there no counter to Hexen at all? You just wait until her AI randomly decides to not hex anyone and then kill her?
>>
>>774847
hit her with a stick
>>
File: 20210924042813_1.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
I was pretty enthused about a new undead type till they decided to freeze on me
>>
File: distorteddd.jpg (58 KB, 800x450)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>774865
>those shields
>those khopeshes
>mummy with shortbow
>>
>first endgame crisis ever
>Greenskin invasion
Any tipps?
Just look out for towns with damaged building, head there and do crisis related quests?
>>
>>774806
>melee, ranged, init
Perfect lancer.
>>
>>775300
If you want to cheese it then drag the final warboss into a regiment from a local castle. That’s what I did regretted it ever since
>>
>>775300
Nobles are the one who give crisis contracts.
If you dont have hammers or something else to counter ork warriors, buy some and generally gear up to deal with young and berserkers too.
>>
>>775351
>That’s what I did regretted it ever since
You regretted not losing 80% of your bros?

>>775363
>Nobles are the one who give crisis contracts.
Well shit, for some reason I STILL haven't unlocked their contracts. Is it tied to renown or traking the noble houses ambition?
>>
>>775410
You get offered an ambition to reach professional renown (1000). Completing it unlocks noble contracts. You can see current renown in the retinue screen or the one that shows relations
>>
>>775421
>tfw 1885
Should have taken it long ago.
>>
I have gotten 5 named helmets and 3 named shields from clearing camps this campaign. Is it just unfortunate drops or are there generally less chance for weapons and body armor to drop?
>>
Just fought a big undead camp and got two more named shields. What the hell man where are all the good items at?
>>
File: 1628346033278.png (461 KB, 526x568)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
>>775423
its good to chain up ambitions and focus on completing them since they give bursts of renown and renown is pure gain since it only really affects contract payout and retinue slots

>>775608
>>775631
its all random i think
mad barbarian drops guaranteed named 2h cleaver
>>
>day 2 lone wolf
>yeah mate I'll take a relic retrieval no wuckas
>necrosavant
lmao get fucked
>>
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the Allied Nobles ambition? I just never see it even though I have completed the Make Nobles Aware ambition that the wiki says is a requirement. Do I just pick an ambition and cancel it immediately and hope to reroll the one I want eventually?
>>
>>776549
yeah just meander along it'll pop up eventually
I usually don't see it till day 250 or so
>>
>>776891
>I usually don't see it till day 250 or so
Well shit that's a long time. If you already have allied relations with a noble house does that prevent it from showing up or do you just complete it instantly?
>>
>>777028
I think it prevents it from showing up but just go off and do your own thing for a while and you should drop below the threshold
disclaimer even though I'm past 1700 hours I don't really pay much conscious attention to noncombat mechanics cause that way lies extreme faggoty metagaming, so I'd recommend asking on the steam forums where those sweats hang out
>>
>>777032
I just wanted the rewards it gives because they are good and look cool. I also like the flavor of allying one noble house and fighting the others.
But 250 days of ambition rolling is a bit much I normally get bored and start a new game before I reach that far.
>>
>>777049
yeah like I agree on the fashion point but literally every time I've gotten it it's been a downgrade from the gear I was using, it takes so long
honestly the flavour text just pulls me out of my mental narratives 80% of the time because they still treat you like a basic bitch mercenary afterward anyway, it's literally just a one-off screen
>>
>>777053
If it was available sooner it wouldn't be a downgrade. The armor is very efficient for a non-named item.
>>
>>777056
it probably is available sooner just not the way I play
>>
File: 20210926194023_1.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
bit of a rough one
>>
>>776549
>>776891
>>777028
>>777032
>>777049
>>777053
>>777056
>>777058
maybe its something like the contract fork rng where it behaves a bit oddly depending on the version, for a while the one job where you'd need to secure a wrecked attached location would almost always result in the webknecht fork
would be nice for it to appear earlier since getting to allied is not easy and ive had the game ask me to kill the fucking kraken every time before id get offered this one
>>
What benchmark should I reach if I want to use Dodge?
>>
>>777646
I mean in theory for me it's 120 init, that way you're getting +18 def at 0 fatigue and +9 def at half init but more honestly my benchmark is "does this guy have the fatigue to be in heavy armour and the HP to not have to take nimble"
>>
>>777927
i dont understand this post, you'd want to take nimble on people with high hp anyhow since that's how you get most value out of the perk. there's a world of difference between a 70 hp nimble bro and a 100 hp nimble bro
>>
>>777957
yes but nimble on a shitty hp bro is the difference between getting 1hit and getting 3hit
you get the most benefit out of it on high hp bros, but it's not *necessary*, whereas if someone has great stats otherwise but shit hp, nimble can be a must-have for them to be useful at all
>>
>>771125
Implying slaves are people. Kidding just cutting off the pol posters lane.
>>
>>777993
I have no respect for people who pussy out on the edgy joke
are you Jake Flores by any chance
>>
File: 20210927080603_1.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1080)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
anyone else make new recruits win a 1v1 as an initiation ritual
>>
this games graphical style is fucking garbage
>>
File: 20210927080909_1.jpg (480 KB, 1920x1080)
480 KB
480 KB JPG
>>778091
lmao bitch ass
>>
>>771220
RNG... really isn't that bad but it feels most impactful early on when your dudes are wearing T Shirts and G Strings and get cut down in a few hits. I would suggest using Spears/Swords early on to have a bit better hit chance.

Even midgame RNG doesn't play a huge role overall. Sometimes your guy will get assblasted, but you are going to have tools to deal with guy getting hit a few times (Rotation/etc.).

It can be easy to lose progress but don't play it ironman. That being said, sincerely try not to worry too much about losing the early game bros. That Cripple/Monk/Farmhand is okay to lose in the long run and you can just replace them. Endgame you are not going to be using these bros anyways.

Roughly speaking, out of the first ~10 bros you recruit, only like 2-3 of them are probably worth caring about long term. The rest, don't just throw them away, but put them in the frontlines and tank for your more valuable dudes.

I.e. If you get unlucky and lose a bro at the end of a long fight, just accept it and move on. It isn't as big of a deal as you might think.
>>
>>771671
Generally famed armor are all excellent. Armor over 210 is serious endgame heavy armor.
>>
>>773418
A range **heavy** company is actually quite viable, even with your frontliners all being melee/throwing hybrids. Literally having zero actual dedicated frontline bros is going to be hard.

The big issues are extremely-heavy armor units. Bows are very effective against orcs, but Bows are just not going to kill groups of warriors fast enough (especially with shields).

You could probably like, do 8-4 Ranged-frontline/hybrid bros and it would be viable against everything except Trees and Ancient Undead. Genuine pure-ranged is not really viable.
>>
>>774572
The easiest difficulty is slightly below the hardest vanilla difficulty.
>>
>>778134
That makes sense, but why? I haven't noticed any tools given to counterbalance that on default origins. If anything the dynamic perks and shit make it harder by fucking me over
>>
>>778167
not him, but because it's a relatively recent change that they haven't really thought through yet
default legends used to be ezmodo till midgame
>>
>>778016
I have no respect for people who make low hanging edgy jokes
>>
>>778093
filtered
>>
>>774847
stun
archers can kill her on turn 1
really she exists more to self impose a challenge with which weapons you can fight the beast group that follows her unless you give everyone a whip in bag to spam disarm
>>
>Quick Hands + Head Hunter perks
>Use flail for guaranteed hit to the head
>Switch to axe and get another guaranteed hit to the head for bonus damage
Has anyone experimented with a build like this? It sounds fun but also like it wont be worth the perks it needs.
>>
>>778898
pretty sure Stobbie149 did
>>
>>778898
doing 200% hp damage is not to be underestimated
>>
>>778133
skeletons die to throwing weapons and handgonne
>>
>>772053
mdef doesn't have diminishing returns it has increasing returns in fact exponential returns and exponents are too powerful so the germans had to create a diminishing effect on the defensiveness returns growth curve (and cap hit rate at 5% minimum) to prevent it from going hyperbolic and dominating the metagame. still the main reason we don't run x12 shield tanks is because of metagame convenience reasons of wanting to spend less real life time on battles and also because of the rng in finding good melee defense recruits
>>
>>772053
also initiative is not influenced by morale at all. it's literally the one stat special exception that does not change with morale. why do you meme
explain your behavior
>>
>>772053
>but maybe there's someone im forgetting
Beast master is a great pick for dodge+relentless with the talents.
>which does have diminishing returns after hitting 50 but reaching that on anyone that isn't a shield tank is not easy
No. It is not diminishing. The effect of each point after 50 is exactly halved. But it's still worthwhile to get points as say you have the ideal case of 50 mdef base and you stack on dodge+relentless with 130 INI, mdef is 70 but you're subtracting exactly 50 + 20/2 = 60 from the hit chance of whoever is trying to hit the base 50 mdef dodge build. It is still worthwhile to put points in mdef past 50.
>because one bad dice roll or pocket sand can cripple your INI
Bad dice is low chance. That can cripple any build. It just happens just like getting a something concussion on any bro nerfs their build for the fight. Not really anything to consider here as far character building. As far pocket sand is concerned, just be careful with the build against nomads or just don't bring it against them. It's not going to have the pocket sand problem against most enemies.

Let's check out what happens after pocket sand just for this case. Say you have nimble tank who can't get more than something like 35 mdef normally but he has 2-3 stars in ini with excellent ini after traits and armor. For this example, say you have a guy who has 130 ini after armor like before and say you stam out at 70 stamina, with relentless that's effectively 95 ini. These numbers seem reasonable as you can make a dedicated dodge/nimble tanks with only about four skills; hp, stam, ini, and mdef (maybe a little bit in rdef). He's still getting a +13 mdef/rdef bonus, so his mdef is really 35+13 = 48 at the lowest. With pocket sand, let's just take the -50% of after stamout, you're at 41 AC that's just above bare minimum for what you'd use for a battleforged tank. Still good. Just not as effective with pocket sand.
>>
>>772053
>negative morale state.
decent resolve and consistently good play can avoid this most of the time.
>>
for 10 minutes straight i attempted to craft a joke in reference to that post which for 7 days avoided all replies but then in the span of a few minutes it got hit by 4 replies in a row. the joke was meant to leverage the way this is similar to rng in battle brothers the game, where high melee defense can be an impenetrable defense until it suddenly fails to protect your bro. however i was unable to come up with a good punchline so i deliver the joke material to this thread and hope you could consume it intellectually
>>
>>778898
this guy called DDRJake did a video on it, named axe and flail, basically crazy effective against any single human enemy, but is really stat and stam demanding since you're spamming hail all the time , and others can't reliably deal head damage to finish them off, just as how the headhunter duelist can't handle more than 3 strong opponent unlike normal duelists.
>>
>>779115
yes i articulated myself poorly
12 shield tanks would also have dubious damage performance too unless you are going all dagger and battling warriors

>>779116
if this is true then my defence is not knowing it is the case

>>779128
i wasnt the one who brought up the pocket sand argument and in fact its not going to come into play if your bro has more ini than outlaws and relentless, re-read the spoilered section

>>779139
it is appreciated
>>
>>779230
not knowing is reasonable enough but you see you told anon to punch i to open inventory and see for himself, and this is a thing you could've done to see for yourself how initiative reacts to morale. you see this is much more embarrassing for you than a typical error, and i know that if it was me i would want someone to milk this opportunity and not let me get away with it.
>>
>>779230
shit 12 shields dagger bros with CS sounding good right now
>>
>>779584
do it and post results
>>
File: 20210928185314_1.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
tfw three waves deep into a bandit defense and everyone else is too battered to fight
>>
>>779780
Is he an actual crusader or did you just find the name fitting?
>>
>>779853
actual crusader
that's why she's got the crusader armour and sword as well
>>
i protest against legends
>>
i do as well
>>
>Lose fight
>All my favorite mercs are dead
>All my favorite gear is gone
>A couple shitters left
How do you muster the motivation to keep going? I refuse to stop playing Ironman.
>>
>>780176
The campaign is pretty much over at that point so just start a new one.
>>
>>780199
don't listen to this fag. Persist, despite your grim looking odds
>>780176
>>
>>780176
if you choose to bounce back remember that your renown means much higher contract payment and that you can pump xp really really really fast if you have the money through stacking training ground + student + southern experience potion that gives +100% for several fights
>>
How do I get good armor? Should I just buy it?
>>
>>780847
>Early game
Knock brigands on the head with a flail.
Keep one armored enemy alive, surround, and kill him with dagger punctures when his morale breaks.
>Middle game
Keep giving your last enemy the Caesar special.
Search for named items (inc armor) in camps.
If you have the opportunity, take on another mercenary company for what's generally a big equipment upgrade
>Late game
Can consistently win good armor fighting noble houses
Keep going for named items - at this point you can hunt champions, not just chase tavern rumors.
Keep daggering armored enemies.
You're rich now (hopefully) so you can also buy it
>>
>>780847
raiders and mercenaries will spawn 320 durability armor eventually, noble war crisis can be a fast way of getting it. never spend money on generic armor that's just delaying your next famed purchase
>>
>>780847
yup
get good at making money
find a village or town with an armor and get good relations with them and then buy some shit early. i think villages in the far north can spawn with higher tiers of helmets than usual since the 200-280 nordic/slav ones from WotN seem to be in their spawn pool regardless of size
using mundane attachments either bought or looted from camps to boost your heavier body armor (only +200 armor is considered heavier) when you get it is also fairly economical and wise whilst you are still building up since
>a) you probably don't have anything better than +40 durability to attach to them anyway
>b) the cost to armor ratio gets worse the higher you go, reinforced mail hauberk (210) has a base value of 2000 crowns whilst sellsword armor (260) has a base cost of 4500

>>781086
>eventually
the only way to get max tier armor from brigands is to kill shit tons of hedge knights who only start spawning in their groups like post day 150
newbies have a warped perception of what good armor is and telling them to farm mercs will result in fighting them in dirty brigand mail without nimble which will not end well
>noble war
from who? sarges and zweihanders can drop somewhat higher tier stuff but aren't exactly common. knights can give the best but are even more rare and will only appear in the biggest patrols that, again, new players won't probably have a good time with.
>>
>>781253
sarges, footman and billman are only good for their weps and shields, any armour you get are purely a bonus, you cant fuck around with them because their friends will fucking kill you.

knights and zweihanders are still dangerous but considerably more rewarding to stab to death given knights only have 1h weps and zwei has bf which dagger shits all over. do it after routing bills and sarges though
>>
>>771125
The base game already has some slav references, like the name Waldemar.
>>
>>771518
I still don't understand which armor is which. Is it correct to assume that anything with metal in it is heavy?
>>
How much would Additional Fur Padding increase your HP compared to say, Bone Plating or Kraken Plate? I imagine it would only be worth it on heavier sets of armors.
>>
>>781705
yeah pretty much
my personal line for light armour is sub-10 fatigue penalty since that's what you pair with a sallet helm (-5 fatigue) for perfect (but not optimal) nimble, then medium is anything between 10 and 30 penalty, heavy is above 30
some people would probably take issue with that definition tho
>>
>>781705
just read the durability and fatigue cost. no, the lighter mails like basic mail shirt, nomad mail and southern mail shirt arent heavy, their fat penalty is only 10ish. in general heavier armor only starts after 200 durability and 20ish fatigue cost and the true heavy is 260 and above
>>
>>781804
you have started to think deeper but arent in the clear about how things work. pondering in terms of "effective hp" is a bad way to see things since there is no general rule across all possible attacks you will recieve. the way damage calculation works is that first the durability of the targets armor is reduced by the rolled number*shredding percent of the weapon and then the armor ignoring damage comes into play. this armor ignoring damage is then reduced by 10% of the current armor durability which is why when shooting barbarian kings or max armor knights even a mastery arbelast which gets 75% ignore can feel like it did a lot less than it should on the first connected hit (the later ones will do better), but a hammer will do its job quicker and a 2h one will kill people through armor very well, because its also softening it up greatly as it strikes. different attacks do different shredding and different ignore so its not that simple
bone plating fully absorbs the first body hit and then does nothing other than make the armor heavier, so its very useful if that first hit is something massive like a mansplitter from a zerker or lindwurm bite and nigh useless if it eats an arrow, thrall javelin or shortsword that'd only do like 12 armor damage anyhow
AFP reduces the armor ignoring hp damage which means the enemy has to break through more of it to kill you, which fucks barbarians particularly hard since all of their stuff has worse stats but better armor ignore than usual. if you are considering combining it with nimble, dont since nimble bros dont care about hp ignoring damage that isnt from a cleaver and it doesnt take long for enemies to break any nimble armor that isnt named or assassins
nobody cares about kraken plate
so there is no catchall answer. lindwurm cloak though easy to dismiss is probably the closest to a always useful option on any heavy armor since you'll never NOT want 60 durability on bf
nimble armor attachments are a different story
>>
why did devs abandoned this game(again)?
>>
>>782729
I guess they consider it done and want to make a new game instead.
>>
>>782729
is it really abandoned though?
i feel like 1 more dlc and it'd be in a good enough state to be "fully finished"
>>
I just started this game a recently and it's great fun, but I have a major problem with the zombies; I can kill zombie easily enough, but I can't make them STAY dead, is there any specific weapon I need to equip my guys to fight them? My company is just spear and shield, axe and shield, and a bunch of backline guys using arrows.
>>
>>783271
Sure, anon. You have two real methods
>Cleaver
This is what you asked for. Cleavers have a special attack that attempts to decapitate the enemy. Decapitated zombies do not rise. This can work, but it drains your men's fatigue, which is bad because zombies have infinite fatigue. So we have another method
>Spearwall
Zombies intentionally have the dumbest AI in the game - humans and most beasts will wait to try and "bait" you into dropping spearwall before they close in, or avoid spearwalling mercs altogether, but zombies don't do that - they suicide right into your spearwalls. This, combined with zombie's poor melee defense, makes spearwalling against zombies exceptionally efficient compared to other enemies, which helps to buy time to deal damage with archers and generally thin them out before they can hurt you back. In early game, I find that spearwalling for a couple turns works quite well against zombies, then switching to more damaging weapons to finish them off when they get through the spearwall or my men tire.
>>
>>783271
Wiedergangers only revive once on their own. It's the necromancer you need to kill to stop them from reviving indefinitely. If you kill more wiedergangers per turn than gets revived you will eventually break through their lines and can rush the necromancer.
Swords, axes, cleavers and some polearms will sometimes decapitate an enemy on kill which prevents them from reviving. Cleavers also have the option to decapitate enemies with 100% chance but at higher fatigue cost.

Personally I don't think archers are that good and mass ranged with little frontline is not ideal. But just keep playing and you'll figure out which builds you think work and which do not.
>>
>>783314
>>783590
Thank you for the answers. Never thought to try spearwalling against zombies before, I've only been using it to keep the fucking young orcs away from stunning my bros since it causes so much fatigue.
>>
>>783754
It's also worth noting that you can sometimes pick up the weapons when a wiederganger or fallen hero dies. That means if it's revived it can only use its weak unarmed attack.
>>
>>783754
I mostly use it to control where AI humans are directed, doing it in the centre means they'll push the flanks so you get more time to pepper them with arrows, doing it on the flanks means they'll all jam in on ya tanks in the centre
>>
>>783754
do not underestimate zoning, and for that matter, the ability to push people provided by shields and pikes
post mastery shield bash has like +40 to hit i think
>>
File: Lindwurm Hat.jpg (404 KB, 1429x895)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
Got a named hat with a Lindwurm effect. I didn't even realize that was a thing.
>>
>>784049
Yeah there's also a body armor that makes it a full set but its exceedingly rare to find either
nice fashion on most of the bros btw
>>
File: armor.jpg (107 KB, 349x813)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>784062
ye I'm trying to keep it /fa/ this run. I actually bought both of those fancy southern hauberks from armorers. They are just about good enough that I could justify spending the money to look good. I low rolled the numbers on this one but it's the named armor that visually fits best with gladiators so I consider it a high roll anyway.
I'm also trying to only recruit good warrior backgrounds to fit with the origin but it's really expensive in both hiring cost and salaries.
>>
>>784049
very aesthetic polemace guy, never got a chance to buy that armour
>>
>>783778
You can pick up weapons? That sounds hilarious.
>>783797
Holy shit, I didn't know the AI actually take into what skills your activating. That's amazing, I always thought they were just trying flank me and get to my archers,
>>
File: mace guy.jpg (236 KB, 1055x813)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>784601
It's used by some high rank dudes in the southern armies I think or you can just buy them from the armorers in the city states. At 290 for 36 fatigue it's not bad for a non-named body armor.
I've gotten 4 snake skin attachments but honestly they are the worst looking attachments so I've been hesitant on putting it on my good looking armors.

Gladiators is the easiest of the origins I have tried so it's a good choice if you want to just have fun getting some cool looking guys rather being 100% optimal.
>>
dressing for fashion is optimal onto itself
you play better if the company looks good
>>
>>784629
>You can pick up weapons? That sounds hilarious.
Yeah, its particularly useful against fallen heroes
>>
>enemy always moves and attacks first no matter what you fight
>rarely ever misses attacks
>constantly failing dice rolls when I have 70%+ chances
I've tried playing about about 15 times now on veteran and barely make it a month in before getting wiped, even after arming people and gaining a few levels I just get hit with people that smash your armour in two hits then kill you. So far this game just seems like another one of those games with bullshit dicerolls for the player, does it get any better after the early game?
>>
>>785616
Just pick easy origins and look for good seeds until you get gud. Origins like gladiators and lone wolf lets you start with strong bros and good equipment so you can easily beat some thugs and thralls for money in the early game.
>>
I may be genuinely retarded, I've been playing for a month and only now do I realize you can upgrade inventory space in the retinue screen.
>>
>>785616
>enemy goes first
not a problem, most of the fight, it is beneficial to go later on the first turn, since you can wait and the enemy will have to end their turn, not able to adapt to the end turn situation while you can, if you're still concerned about the turn after you can get andrenaline to solve that. andrenaline can also create a few new strategy for you to play with, 2 hand spear frontline shitters get 3 hits instead of one, swordlances rush in and start killing archers turn 2, rushing 4 tiles with your 2hander, turn orders manipulation arent as important as getting a grip on the mechanic of the game
>enemy always hit you
shield, shieldwall, look for mdef stars and backgrounds like thief and peddlers, keep leveling mdef no matter what, keep 3star mdef bros safe so they can scale into an anchor later on, early on shields arent going to increase survivalability much unless you spam shieldwall, prioritize spear and flail users, use 2hand spear to kill the enemy before they kill you, use nets, use height advantage, use surround avantage to hit enemy to reduce morale... plenty of way to survive without playing defender
>bullshit dicerolls
everyone has to deal with it, no way around it, just eat it and move on.
>2hit armor
early game armor (35 to 80 dura) are supposed to give you 2 hits before eating into hp, yes
>does it get any better past early game
it only gets better past early game, the majority of run ends in the first 2 week, dont worry about it.
>>
File: 1553203911665.jpg (189 KB, 798x445)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>785616
>he fell for the veteran meme
we got another one boys
>>
>>785986
I have never played a difficulty other than veteran and I do not intend to.
Economic difficulty is always set to easy, of course. Fuck grinding for shit ever.
>>
>>786008
Honestly, the harder difficulties just speed you up once you know what you're doing, it's nice.
>>
File: 1570463588817.jpg (20 KB, 399x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>770865
>battle brothers
>they aren't brothers
>just a bunch of mercenaries

DROPPED
>>
>>786243
Fool that you are, you dismiss the pact of brotherhood sealed in blood, assuming that brothers that share breast could have a stronger bond. But I tell you that, if blood is thicker than water, then it is The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.
>>
What is the general consensus on two handed weapons without extended range?
>>
File: TF8DKjz.png (21 KB, 736x616)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>770865
>battle brothers
>literally skirmishes, not battles

dropped
>>
>>785616
>enemy always moves and attacks first
undead of both kinds barring necrosavants and geists should never outinitiative you at the start of an engagement if you aren't wearing very penalizing armor or using ork weapons
the person who makes the first strike is also at a disadvantage in a way if they're using 4 ap weapons in a way since they'll be able to only attack once after moving into range whilst the defender will have a full action pool to work with
there's quite a few advanced plays that can be made with the turn order system that are most clearly demonstrated by barbarians (adrenaline+big dick 6ap twohanders to kill or at least heavily maim rapidly), nomads (wait+relentless to avoid the ini penalty for determining turnorder when you wait to chain turns together on the approach without eating fatigue like adrenaline does) and noble house footmen (shieldwalling and then waiting to penalize your own initiative so your own fatigue is better spent)
>rarely ever misses
>failing dice rolls
stack the rng in your favour through terrain, weapons, shields, perks and better equipping of bros for the situation
reaching a zen state as you gain more experience about rng is common if you dont get filtered
>smash your armour in two hits then kill you.
not every weapon performs the same against armor and there are some of them that will kill you THROUGH armor. read the weapon skills and see the numbers in the inventory
also the basic mail shirt is not considered heavy armor, only post 200 durability gear can really be called that. if you find a village or a town with an armorer and pump relations with them you can buy the latter at a fairly affordable price
>does it get any better
well, there'll always be enemies with an immense kill threat like champions, chosen, bigger orks or lindwurms but as you get more money, experience (both ingame and as a player) and gear the ways to deal with situations also expand. just keep playing and keep asking itt and you'll pull through
>>
>>786362
personally not a fan, warbrands are cheeky but drop off real quick late midgame, greatswords need slash yesterday to make them less AP intensive just look at crusader sword from L*gends, that thing could be 20pts of max damage shittier and still be fine for most purposes
greataxes and mauls I basically never use but I know some people like them
>>
>>786433
greatswords are great for a general purpose 'nearly-there-but-not-quite' 2h bros due to the utility, accuracy bonus and the defense reach advantage grants, you can use the single attack to kill people normally with +20dmg and +5 to hit, you can split to kill polearms and archers, you can swing to deal with multiple opponents at once, gaining MDEF with every hit all the while.
hammers and mace are great for injury, armor wrecking and knocking INI down a peg, 2h mace users are particularly good duelists because of the injury and daze it inflicts, 2h axe are the true premium 2hander choice, only for the bros with the best MATK and MDEF, 1 hit, 1 kill or severely maiming the enemy in the process
>>
Great fucking game.

Seems like the studio is hell-bent on pumping out DLCs and charging for them. I bought the original but will be pirating the rest of it go forward because fuck the constant DLC model. They barely had a finished game before they wanted more money.
>>
>>786362
They are good for brothers that lack fatigue because they only attack once per turn but do heavy damage. Especially the mace because it inflicts daze.
Then you have the 2 handed cleavers (and the warbrand) which are just the same as 1 handed weapons except they synergize with Reach Advantage instead of Duelist. Warbrand sucks when you start facing heavily armored targets but the good cleavers stay relevant throughout the game.
>>
>>786598
Hey bro your blog is this way ->
rantingfaggot.blogspot.com
>>
>>786362
All non reach 2handers other than axes, warbarnds and cleavers have +20 to damage on their basic skill so the first impression the raw stats give you is a bit deceptive, always mouse over the skills in the inventory to get an accurate description
>2h sword
greatswords are good all-rounders due to bonus to hit, nice damage, and ability to aoe. wont shred armor as well as other options though
warbrand and its variants are only good early on
>2h cleaver
do you want to get similar damage as an ork cleaver duelist but with less extreme fatigue requirements and without needing another perk? greatcleavers got you covered
>2h mace
very nice rounded stats meaning that its decent in every situation, daze-on-hit helps with high damage enemies and dampens initiative. plus the bonus fatigue that all maces cause to targets still applies
>2hhammer
obliterates and ignores armor and has nice damage to back it up after it gets though too. Stagger cuts enemy initiative by half which often guarantees that the entire company will act before them. has aoe as well
>2h flails
not very good
>2h axe
Split Man is a peculiar skill that does 50% of its base damage onto another body part when it strikes. this bonus attack cannot crit if it goes to the head but the overall damage is still going to be very handy. named axes that roll on damage thus benefit from it even more than other weapons do
>>
>>770865
The trap that people tend to fall into is to pump Ini to use with Dodge, which is just plain bad. Point for point, Ini is just an awful stat. But Dodge is still very much a viable trait in itself depending on the character. For example a character with good stats and high starting Ini could make a good Nimble Dodge build. Like say 120 Ini is great for Dodge, but you wouldn't raise Ini at all since the benefit would pretty much always be worse than HP or MDef. Maybe if you got a really good roll on Ini and you already have enough HP. Whether you take Relentless with it would probably depend on the weapon you want to use, but it's not bad pick.
>>
>mfw winging it by giving everyone gifted and dodge and giving spears+shield to everyone but people with high matk who get stuff like swords/maces depending on the armor of the enemy
>>
File: boondock bow.jpg (60 KB, 312x394)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Is this even better than a regular war bow? I don't like bows in the first place so I think I'll sell it, but it feels bad to sell named items.
>>
>>786776
Giving everyone Gifted isn't that bad. You're basically trading a bit of lategame potential for some immediate value, which is a great tradeoff for low- to medium-tier bros which aren't endgame material anyway. It can make the difference between a bad bro and a mediocre one who can be useful until you're ready to find a more expensive replacement. There are a lot of perks that are situationally much better than Gifted, but Gifted is just always good no matter what, and 12 stat point is better value than what most perks give you in a vacuum. I wouldn't take it on bros that are endgame-worthy since they will already have good starting stats by necessity (they wouldn't be endgame-worthy otherwise), but on everyone else it's never a bad choice, especially in the early game.

Spear+Shield is kinda shit though. Spears aren't much good past the early game, and shields start losing value compared to 2H or double grip when your bros start getting decent MDef on their own. IMO after about 20 MDef you can start ignoring shields on most bros. On cannon fodder bros you can have them use a shield forever until they die or until you hire someone better.
>>
>>786794
A goblin bow that maxrolls on the higher end of its damage is going to be better than a standard warbow assuming its secondary roll goes to something useful, most preferably bonus hitchance. In that case you lose 9 minimum damage and 5 maximum damage for better ignore and a sweet +10-15 to hit.
This one had no such luck, either keep it around for bounty hunter or just repair and sell.
>>
>>786802
A shield is an easy way to stack mdef, which is not an easy stat to get high amounts of even if you hire stacked combat backgrounds. A post mastery heater gives 25 of the stat just for having it equipped. Spears also retain some of their value through lax mattak requirements and ability to continuously beat enemies off with spearwall and thus provide zoning.
Of course there's no one ultimate way to build a company anymore since the tardpunch indom cycle 2hander times are behind us and it all comes down to personal preference these days.
>>
>>786598
>buying any game after 2010
ngmi
>>
is PM without bannerman possible? i want to run a 16 manhunter company with 8 shamshir duelists frontline and 8 swordlance/polemace backline w/CS and EX but fighting geist,chosen and orc sounds like a chore
>>
>>786973
there is not a single fight in the entire game that mandates banner or ralley
ghosts are just units you handle them
>>
>>786973
why are you concerned about chosen but not about ancient dead?
>>
>>786598
The game doesn't feel finished even with all the DLCs and mods that the devs intentionally tried to obstruct the development of.
>>
>>787797
while it may be true that the game doesn't feel finished, let's not allow that to distract us from the fact that justifying piracy is a cuck move. if you want to download a game just download it, videogames are a free entertainment medium. the pirate pirates because he doesn't see evil, he clicks the download button with a purity of heart and mind, for he sees himself as a humble collector of files. the self justifying pirate however, feels a need to justify his actions because he believes (incorrectly) that downloading videogames is morally wrong. and yet, he is too mentally weak to follow through and refrain from piracy, the temptation of videogame playings is stronger than his self control. truly the worst of all worlds, a shameful human being
>>
File: 1611886164886.jpg (70 KB, 452x363)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>while it may be true that the game doesn't feel finished, let's not allow that to distract us from the fact that justifying piracy is a cuck move. if you want to download a game just download it, videogames are a free entertainment medium. the pirate pirates because he doesn't see evil, he clicks the download button with a purity of heart and mind, for he sees himself as a humble collector of files. the self justifying pirate however, feels a need to justify his actions because he believes (incorrectly) that downloading videogames is morally wrong. and yet, he is too mentally weak to follow through and refrain from piracy, the temptation of videogame playings is stronger than his self control. truly the worst of all worlds, a shameful human being
>>
>>787815
the harder you try to feign indifference, the worse you end up looking in the eyes of others.
>>
File: yikes.jpg (31 KB, 380x250)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>770865
>tfw download Legends mod
>crash before a fight
>crash when enter town
>crash while loading save

delete it after 2 hours
>>
>>787815
Take your selfies back to >>>/v/
>>
studying the op pic made me realize qatal daggers look like the sort of low tier 'short sword' type of weapon that in another game would be completely low tier trash that's never best in slot not even if you obtained one at the earliest possible opportunity. mysterious art
>>
>>774129
HAHAHAHHA
TOP KEK
>>
File: p-3437-Jambiya_01_LRG.jpg (63 KB, 800x600)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>788085
like nearly all weapons in the game its based in reality
>>
>>788121
the real version doesn't seem to by anywhere near as curvy as the game version
so curvy
how can you stab with something so curvy
>>
>>788193
pretty well anon, but you gotta do the icepick grip on it,
>>
>>786243
>>786381
skirmish sellswords doesn't have the same ring to it
>>
it can be argued that fashion not only improves your tedium resistance thereby making your company less likely to be abandoned after a bad loss (#1 leading cause of game over) it even directly improves your tactics by enabling you to better conceptualize your brothers' relative values and positions as you assign each brother a narrative role and character archetype based on subconscious battle brothers game knowledge that can only be expressed artistically
>>
>>788320
better acronym tho
>>
File: varg.gif (1.99 MB, 498x784)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>788337
imagine this game becoming popular with the hreboo grossgermanium audience
im surprised it isn't already more of the case
>>
>>786770
relentless should be merged with dodge
there is no sense in taking dodge without relentless
>>
>>786969
pretty much this
i just pirate and if i really like it i buy it later but treat it as donation at best
>>
>>786973
its possible but you still want 1-2 sergeants with rally
>>
>>788030
>even trying that shit pile
its have some net ideas but for every good one there is three shitty and there is no option to sort them out
>>
>>772464
same
highest day ive gone is like 325. most end post 150
>>
File: 1633346759753.jpg (50 KB, 485x632)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
i think we'll get another dlc
the current patch version ends at an uneven number
>>
either that or we slowly go insane waiting 10 years for a sequel
>>
>>787815
Yet what did he take physically? Information?
information should be free you faggot ass kike gas yourself
>>
>get battle bro
>give him pathfinder, colossus, and rotation, in that order
>be at a complete loss for where to go from there
>consider doing a different gimmick build
>get wrecked and go back to the default
Every time. Bros, how do I break the cycle?
>>
>>789737
doing things one knows are bad is an indispensable part of human nature the cycle cannot be broken and it only gets worse with age
>>
>>789737
>using rotation
take the ironman pill, if you fuck up you either survive or die, no pussying out, eventually you'll get better
>>
>>790082
the ironman pill does not exclude saving people from death what the fuck
>>
>>790125
more like trying to pull out of a situtation that you created by your own hand, if you knew that making that move would help you achieve your goal at the expense of potentially killing your bros, why would you just run away from the reality of the situation with a crutch skill? either roll the dice or move differently, dont just have your cake and eat it too?
>>
File: 1550514323044.png (1.02 MB, 1200x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>789737
>he follows build paths instead of going with his gut each level
>>
I know some people swear by Rotation and put it on everyone but I rarely find myself using it. Too many battles I never use it and it's so costly in fatigue that sometimes I can't use it even if I want to.
>>
>>790132
yeah, no
i can play without rotation but there is nothing wrong with the skill itself.
>>
What are your favorite retinue followers?
I always find myself getting the Surgeon at some point because fuck waiting for injuries to wear off and his other ability is also useful.
>>
>>790259
my girl the lookout
>>
>>790259
lookout because fuck walking around for ages looking for camps when you can just hop up a mountain
>>
>>790150
>his gut doesn't follow gutpaths
low tier
>>
>>790874
>his gut isn't formless like water, endlessly shifting to meet the current circumstances
NGMI
>>
>>790916
the accidental innuendo is as innocent as it is grotesque, one can only concede before such a skillful post
>>
>>789737
which "gimmick builds" have you not tried yet?
>>
where can i find a guide to common builds
>>
>>791496
guides are for queers
just ask here
>>
>>791499
Okay then what are some common builds for a noob and what kind of bros should i use to build them
>>
>>791501
>Tank
Take all the defensive perks plus Recover and Taunt. Wants good fatigue, melee defense, hp and needs morale to not be terrible
>Hybrid
Take Polearm Mastery, Crossbow/Throwing Weapon Mastery and Quick Hands. It lets you shoot with your ranged weapon and attack with the polearm in the same turn for very high damage output. Wants good fatigue, ranged attack and needs melee attack to not be terrible.

1H and 2H offensive builds vary depending on the weapon in question and the stats of your brother. Generally 1H weapons requires more fatigue because they can attack twice in a turn and also synergize better with Beserk because it returns exactly one attack worth of action points. You can ask for a specific build and I'm sure people will disagree on what is optimal so just experiment and decide for yourself. One thing I learned from playing is that I was overvaluing defensive perks when I was new to the game.
>>
File: helmets_02.png (291 KB, 1354x528)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>791501
>for a noob
number 1 advice is to not stick to build too closely and just have a general idea who should be taking what. most roles have enough leeway that your personal preference should come into play. dont chase the "meta" too much
a few important pointers and things to remember
>colossus
more hitpoints not only helps against not being dead but also determines how much of a glass jaw the brother has, temporary injuries are caused depending on how much % of max hp damage a single hit causes. every frontliner who will go nimble should take this
>gifted
gives you a level's worth of stats unaffected by stars to invest into the bro. a very safe choice since it lets you pump someone up
>brawny
useful if you are wearing heavy armor and plan to go battleforged but a waste otherwise. generally if a piece of armor doesnt have more than 200 durability, its not heavy and shouldn't be considered as such.
outside of those cases you are much better off taking any other perk
>rotate
rather fatigue intensive but lets you save someone who's about to die with another brother (or save himself but if things are dire he probably doesnt have the fat to burn)
>underdog
negates surround bonuses that come into play as soon as two hostiles are adjacent to a target, very useful for any frontlner
>battleforged
perk for heavy armor.
>nimble
perk for light and medium armor, works better the higher your hitpoints. if you don't plan to deck someone out in +200 sets, odds are they should be taking this instead of battleforged. protects very well against armor ignoring hits, weak to bleed
>berserk
valued by any brother who'll be throwing around big damage and getting kills, melee or ranged
>duelist
makes double gripped 1 handed melee (and throwing, but i dont recommend that for beginners) weapons considerably better at leaking through armor, which lets them kill humanoids at much greater efficency but of course does nothing if the enemy is something that has no armor to begin with
>>
>>791501
>>791777
as for actual loose builds...you want a bannerbro who'll take fortified mind and rally (when the ambition comes up for the latter). you can build him ranged but to keep it simple he'll want some melee attack so he can poke things with the flag too. any background that starts with high resolve or brother who has stars or traits that boost it can do fine in this role. other than tooting the horn when someone is wavering and to wake up everyone in case of alps he has no actual role so you can give him quickhands, bags and belts and then have him throw nets and other consumables when desired. like every backliner he'll want to go nimble since there is no real reason to go forged
polearms and polearm mastery due to the flexibility it gives are very good, pikes can be looted from brigands and billhooks who perform much better against armored targets can be bought discounted from citadel markets. swordlances which have a devastating 3 tile aoe reap can be bought in the south but aren't common, still immensely worth the investment. as for polearm bros anyone with higher than average melee attack can do it. swordlancers also want loads of fatigue to spam reap.
anyone who has high potential for mdef but not mattak can be turned into a tank. if they have high starting fatigue/stars go forged, if not go nimble.
anyone who is just meh, lacks anything distinct and survived past level 7 can also be made into a shittier tank
people who have good melee attack and melee defence potential should be built into either twohanders or duelists (who are trickier, so ignore them for now). for the former, go to a weaponsmith and buy any of the following, you can't go wrong with them
>2h hammer
>2h mace
>bardiche
or use any twohander a brigand or nomad leader drops
>>
>>791800
backgrounds that stand out are militia and manhunters (cheap all around better than standard civvies), monks/gamblers/flagellants/graverobbers/cultists (high resolve), farmhands/wildmen (high fatigue, though the former can have dumped resolve), thieves (can have very high starting mdef), nomads (cheapest high quality combat bros), assassins (can come with VERY good nimble armor but are probably hard to build for newbies since they're ini bros), squires (solid but can have their price inflated due to coming with an expensive high tier mace), adventurous nobles (highest resolve in the game and good in other fields too), hunters (highest ranged attack)
this isnt to say these are the only good ones or the only ones worth hiring, far from it, im just throwing the info out there
>>
>landrich the cultist
>dumb, asthmatic
>47 melee skill, 0 stars
>deem him useless
>give him mallet and put him on the frontline
>get ambushed by webknechts
>slays 6 of 7 before succumbing to venom
>the lads drink to him in the tavern the next day
Never forget.
>>
>>791800
this man will lose his bannerman to goblins, do not build nimble on him, build medium BF with him. give him high efficiency medium armors like sellsword armor and bascinet or light named armours, seek out high resolve/melee/stam for your man, build fearsome/quickhand, give him swordlances and whip, to reapspam and morale break shitters and whip unholds into running away, bags optional
>>
File: 20181207104951_1.jpg (363 KB, 1680x1050)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>792019
>medium BF
this is the coward's path
frontline heavy BF all the way on sarges in imitation of Steinar, the best bannerman I ever had
>>
>>792024
this man too will lose his bannerman to goblins, do not leave BF bros with only 60-70 HP, he will get shanked to death.

based premise but execution could be better, could have dumped brawny and brows for collosus and executioner, FA for berserk, rotation optional but would change out for pole mastery, reach can be swapped out for gifted, dump a few rolls of STAM into MDEF, leave HP at 60-64 and you're golden.
>>
File: bb.jpg (44 KB, 857x347)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>792029
>based premise but execution could be better
yeah that campaign was nearly 3 years ago lmao I've learned a lot since then
that was my first "ok I'm ~300 days in and I'm still kicking" run, though unfortunately I don't have many screenshots from it
>could have dumped brawny and brows
at this stage I was taking brows on everyone cause I kept getting xbow headshot onehit, I dunno when that changed because it doesn't feel like it was due to anything I did
brawny is arguable but I think I remember him being gassed for basically the entire first 200 days so I was pretty fatigue hungry on him
>FA for berserk
definitely agree but his starting mAtt was godawful he just rolled consistently well, plus I was kinda wedded to support sarges at the time rather than killy ones so I was very averse to berserk on them
>rotation optional but would change out for pole mastery
I get where ya coming from white-room scenario but he was my main rotate guy in that party since everyone else had shithouse fatigue
with what I know now if I were gonna swap it for anything it'd be taunt
>reach can be swapped out for gifted
definitely agreed a better use
knowing how that playthrough went I'd probably run him mostly the same but dropping FA, CS and RA for colossus, adrenaline and indom
>>
>>792034
anon you're really gonna run out of stam that way, you're not facetanking barbs right?
>>
>>792036
barbs didn't exist then
>>
>>792019
>medium BF
you might as well take a slightly lighter armor and then go nimble and itll do a lot more for you. see nomad leaders, they can come with (looking at the wiki) 200 -12 200 -25 set and end up better with nimble than they would with bf
>>
File: Initiative Bro.png (2.98 MB, 1920x1080)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
I'm very new to initiative builds. How would you recommend I spec pic related?
>>
File: Initiative Bro(1).png (2.84 MB, 1920x1080)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
Wait, I'm severely retarded
>>
>>793446
I probably wouldn't even spec him initiative desu
like yeah he'd get dodge and nimble cause his fat is too low for BF but his initiative is low enough that unless he's consistently rolling high you're better off putting those points in mdef matt and hp
imo at least
>>
>>793453
You're right. I should go for a regular melee build. Maybe when I catch a high fatigue jester I'll go for an initiative build.
>>
>>793446
i hope you didnt pay more than 700 for him
>>
>>793446
preferably you want someone with high starting init too, but considering how this guy has no stars that will eat up each level he can go past the 125 initiative that's desired for an ini build fairly quick. its just that assassins/thieves/etc can start with that amount if they maxroll
that said he's not good enough to be a real quality ini bro to begin with. id honestly go banner with him due to the resolve stars and that position has very low barrier of entry
>>
>>793455
You don't really want to ever increase initiative unless all your other rolls are shit. Dodge builds should only be for brothers that start with very high initiative.
The guy in your pic has decent attack and hp but low fatigue and no good talents. He could just be a 2H frontliner since they don't require a lot of fatigue but he will end with poor melee defense unless you high roll every time. The good news is that you wont feel too bad if (when) he dies.
>>
>>
File: Untitled.png (630 KB, 1538x520)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
making the builds for a southerner only PM run, 6 mace duelists + 2 shieldsman frontline, 2 composite bow archer, 5+1 reapspam backline, give advice for builds before i actually make the run.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (606 KB, 1473x508)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
>>794301
actually, 6 mace duelist w/ CS to break elbows, frontline bannerman because i'm tired of having a backline bannerman, 2 shieldsman with generic ass build, 2 composite bows standing far back to kill key targets,5 swordlances backline w/ exec to kill.

SMMMBMMMS
RARRRAR

rate
>>
>>794301
can't comment on the reapspam since I never use the things, but the mace duelist looks alright
I'd probs drop underdog for relentless but that's very much a personal playstyle thing not objective
>>
>>771125
>no slavic themed one
What're you talking about? There's plenty of dogs in the game.
>>
>>794406
they are German dogs obviously
as germs are most famed furries and dogfuckers
>>
>>794301
>>794310
backstabber, pm loves to have it and all nomads and gilders use it
that's too many duelists imo (especially for pm), plus if you do south only militia your footmen will consist mostly of daytalers since manhunters or thieves aren't that common in general. id do default south start so you can get assassins and nomads.
fearsome overwhelm handgonnes are more of a southern thing than bows, composites are midgame only, suck for sniping and are supposed to be replaced by warbows if we use nomad desert stalkers as a metric anyway
reach advantage is moot if the reapspammers aren't gonna be up front
bannerbro could get either rotate or footwork instead of cs/exe so he can move himself or someone else out of a situation.

>>794406
very funny
>>
pathfinder more like BADfinder
>>
>>794406
dogs are useful
>>
>>791686
>polearm/throwing
this sounds like such a bad meme
>>
>>794519
It's the same as polearm + crossbow.
It doesn't have to reload every other turn but instead it requires more perks because you want Duelist for damage and Bags and Belts to not run out of ammo.
>>
>>770865
I did the Kraken fight for the first time yesterday
HOLY SHIT what a terrible boss it was, and no, it's not about the difficulty, it's about the gimmicky mechanics.
Bastard got 5 of my bros...
Luckily I had the surgeon retinue so all of them survived, but with permanent wounds, 4 of which were too terrible for me to keep them.

Anyway, I took 4 new guys, for their first battle I took them against 20 Southern men (holy war crisis), pretty fun,

Before doing Kraken I had 2 fights which were amazing.
1. Fighting an orc city, 32 orcs I believe, most of them berserkers but also a couple warriors and a chieftain. The weird thing was that at some point all orcs started breaking and fleeing. I have no idea how that happened, I've never seen their morale drop on masse. It was pretty crazy seeing even the warlord try to flee.
2. Getting the contract to fight a barbarian king, but he asked me to help him fight ancient undead instead. I love the northern barbarians so fighting side by side with chosen was pretty cool. 28 of us vs 40 undead on a forest. We only suffered one casualty, a chosen died soloing a necrosavant.

It's a really cool game, can't wait to reforge the magic sword and give it to my Southerner duelist with the emperor helmet.
>>
File: Untitled.png (387 KB, 738x449)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>>794301
Crippling strikes and executioner are bad perks, a lot of enemies are immune or virtually immune to injuries and most injuries are irrelevant for enemies.
Recover is not that important nowadays, it was better back in the day due to how the meta worked with indomitable and adrenaline. If you aren't going to use fatigue intense skills like adrenaline and you have pathfinder you can ignore recover.
Gifted is a must have perk on everyone.
Polearm mastery is not a good perk, not all masteries are necessary, really the only masteries that you should get are hammer, cleaver, dagger, bow and throwing. If you use other weapons you can safely ignore the mastery.
Underdog is another must have on everyone, while reach advantage is not really good. You will get more mdef from underdog in most situations, and it's specially valuable since it becomes better the worse the situation gets.
Quick hands is also advisable, but only for specific builds like ranged units, hybrids and the 2handed mace + qatal dagger.

>>794310
The archer build is full of jank. Lone wolf on archers sounds interesting but since you want your snipers to advance to attack enemies in the back I'm not sure if it will work.
Fast adaptation and bullseye are also bad.

>>794418
Backstabber is a bad perk too, most of the time the amount of mattack it gives you is negligible due to the way the game's math works out.

Pic related is the usual base build I have, with 2 remaining perk points to make the specifics, such as a weapon mastery, duelist, brawny, etc...
All should have either nimble or battle forged, a combination of those two perks is preferable over giving everyone the same, though I lean towards more guys having nimble instead of making it 50/50.
>>
>>794733
>crippling strikes/executioner are bad perks, most enemies are (virtually)immune to injuries/ get small injuries
from my past experiences where i spent the majority of the game fighting humanoid or near-humanoids enemies i'll admit that there are many enemies who aren't concerned with injuries (unholds, small nachos, spiders, schrats, lindwurms, undead, goblins...) however, the majority of the time i'm fighting humans, wolves, hyenas, snakes, orcs and barbs), the latter 3 takes a particularly long time to kill while being more dangerous the longer the fight goes on, if I get lucky and get a broken arm/skull frac/severe conc that guy is as good as dead, if they get a minor injuries, i still get a +20% damage increase for the rest of their lifespan, which helps a lot.

>recover not necessary
i am aware that some builds can eschew recover for another perk, but if i followed your advice and removed CS/EX the next best choice would be andrenaline and gifted, and duelists can get a 4AP kill w/ 4 AP refund and recover, so that stays on regardless.

>polearm mastery bad perk
maybe you're used to using longaxe/polehammers and simply don't feel the need to move 2 and attack, but since i'm spamming reap with swordlances those FAT builds up pretty quickly, mastery helps mitigating that.

>gifted underdog must have
based choice

>reach not really good
not as good as underdog for sure, but combined w/ underdog on a GS/Scimmy user it can make your 2hander bros much more durable, granted, on backliners its a bit of a reach, but i plan to have them run right into the thick to kill enemy backliners, like i always do with my polearm backlines.

>quickhand
i try to leave space for that perk but rarely has it.

>backstabber is a bad perk
for PM specific it can be pretty potent, but considering i'm running reap backline, meaning not a lot of surrounds slots to take and anyone surrounded by 4 guys are going to be dead sooner than latter, i'm pretty hesitant.
>>
What's your favourite type of contract? For me, it has to be Indebted Uprisings. I fucking love fighting large hordes of more or less peasants.
>>
>>794778
half a day escort to a nearby castle
>>
>>794764
>i spent the majority of the game fighting humanoid or near-humanoids enemies
Well yeah in that case wounds can be good.
The problem with wounds is the same as with stuns. If you fight enemies that are vulnerable to those mechanics they are good, but many enemies (specially the harder enemies) are immune or virtually immune.
>unholds, small nachos, spiders, schrats, lindwurms, undead, goblins...
That's a pretty big list. Also take into account that the hardest encounters of the game typically nullify wounds. The two hardest legendary locations are both against ancient undead.

>for PM specific it can be pretty potent
Peasant militia is by far my favourite origin since just 12 bros feels like too little to me.
Even then you will fight outnumbered, so being surrounded is much more plausible than surrounding the enemy. Encounters like goblin city and black monolith have you fighting 40+ enemies.

> but since i'm spamming reap with swordlances those FAT builds up pretty quickly
Yeah swordlance is probably the only good polearm. Single hit polearms, even billhooks, are justsuboptimal when compared to any other 2handed weapon.
The problem with polearm mastery is that reducing the AP cost of polearm attack from 6 to 5, while it sounds good on paper and gives you more mobility if you picked pathfinder (which you should), won't ever give you the oppotunity for an extra attack over the brothers with no mastery.
Without berserk you can only attack once whether it's 5 or 6 AP, with berserker you can attack twice in both cases.
The FAT reduction is always good tho, specially if you don't pick recover.

>>794778
Yeah fighting indebted is the closest thing the game has to a power fantasy. Pretty based.
Other than that I love hunting unholds contract because I find fighting them pretty enjoyable and not even that difficult, even when they come in large groups.
Worst contract by far is hunting webknechts, because they are such a cancer enemy and fighting in forests sucks.
>>
>>794778
Noble war battle contract is also good, though fights with 25+ units on both side drag too long.
I wish there was an option for even faster AI turns.
>>
Remainder that good body armour has 10 times the fatigue cost in armour value. For helmets that's 20 times.
Below that benchmark it's bad armour, above that it's good.
Non-famed heavy armour is garbage due to how fatigue inefficient it is. Nimble makes cheap light armour just as viable as heavy armour so there's no reason to have many heavy brothers.

Sallets are far and wide the best non-famed helmet in the game. Buy them every time you see them on an armorer.
>>
I have 890 hours on Battle Brothers and have never survived past day 90
>>
I have 890 hours on Battle Brothers and never have picked p*thfinder
>>
>>774806
Call him Astolfo
>>
>>794829
sallet gets old, i just run headwrap and a 15 armour like mail shirt+double mail attack, then it turns into triple mail
>>
>>794852
>>794854
i wish gog-bought game had a time counter because i've been playing this game before BS but before BoTN and i forgot how much time i sunk into thus game, but i just wanted to say i have hit every single unique locations except for hags hut and library, fuck hags
>>
>>794778
honestly I love long caravan missions cause they force me out of my comfort zone but my favourite is probably the large scale noble war shit
favourite fights are bulk weidergangers though, I wish there was a sandbox mode where I could just set up a kitted idealised party and a hundred or so weidergangers and fallen heroes
>>
>>794852
>>794854
no ironman here
>>
>when you behead two brigand raiders in a row, three times in a row
Why would you ever not have a scramasax-wielder on your frontline?
>>
File: 1391113768157.jpg (116 KB, 853x712)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>794733
>Polearm mastery is not a good perk
Moving an extra tile and still be able to attack is huge. Just try making a longaxe or polemace brother and you will see how huge the difference is.
>>
>>794733
cs and executioner can be fine if you can combo it since more damage is never a bad thing and barbs and orks do suffer from it, mace duelists dont even need CS to break bones and enable it on other bros it just makes them give chosen concussions. against ancient dead a mace duelist is going to wreck their shit anyway
but yes the fact a lot of people are immune is an issue
>Polearm mastery is not a good perk
stopped reading right there

>>794819
there's nothing wrong with stuns (if we aren't talking about two handed mace ones), one guy can disable two targets. the threat level of enemy combatants is seldomly equal across the entire battlefield barring chosen who you want to disable anyhow. you never build a brother around the ability so it doesn't matter that he can't stun a warlord or an unhold when he can render that possessed greataxe FH, barbarian king or nomad executioner entierly flaccid as you handle the rest of the encounter
>Single hit polearms, even billhooks, are justsuboptimal when compared to any other 2handed weapon
how, though
>if you picked pathfinder
it gives you far, far, far more flexibility with where the polearm bro can go and hit regardless of pathfinder. polearm mastery guy can move one tile, attack, and move out of range which is particularly good against lindwurms. if you went longaxe or polehammer you'd need relentless to do that
>won't ever give you the oppotunity for an extra attack over the brothers with no mastery
if the brother is a ranged hybrid then he can QH into a bow or crossbow shot, that's one of the reasons people like those builds so much these days
>>
File: 1632772602492.png (741 KB, 1106x1012)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
>there are people in this very thread who will fight other merc company for a 300 gold coin courier contract.
>>
>>795070
they want the enemy sellsword loot, though considering how high the margin of randomness for what mercs can come equipped with the fight might be either manageable with the biggest threat being the enemy ranged bros or nightmarish if they come packing shit tons of bardiches and nets
>>
File: 1634088460518.jpg (146 KB, 554x564)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>795070
yeah bro
gotta prove ya top dog innit
can't let cunts shit talk you and live that leads to cunts thinking ya soft
>>
>>795017
>>795045
>polearm mastery guy can move one tile, attack, and move out of range which is particularly good against lindwurms
situational
>how, though
lower damage per round.

I'm not saying that polearms are shit or that polearm mastery does nothing (like fearsome, that perk has been tested and it literally does nothing), but I don't think it's worth the opportunity cost.
A greataxe/longaxe is going to do much more for you than a billhook.
>>
>>795102
>situational
bullshit. a kill can be secured and another attack made on a target that'd otherwise be out of range with a longaxe or polehammer.
>lower damage per round
yeah, the billhook nerf was well placed because during wotn there was no real reason to ever use the poor polehammer. it still has far more freedom of movement and a bonus to hit which the other two lack, which plays into the theme of consistency that it as a weapon seems to have with its stats
and obviously a greataxe will do you better, a 2h hammer will likewise embarrass the polehammer
im also not saying that non polearm reach weapons are bad, either just that you are underselling what's easily the best melee weapon mastery in the game
>>
File: pobrane (3).jpg (77 KB, 657x527)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>786243
Battle frens
>>
>>787815
Do retards like you actually think you EPICALLY PWN someone by posting a soiak? Get ass cancer nigger
>>
>>795159
well that's a bit uncalled for
>>
>>794819
>hunting webknechts
double grip on everyone and the problems go away, their damage when the target is out of web is pathetic and if you are in web then a sheild wont do much help since how heavy the debuffs are
>>
>>794778
barbarian king
>>
File: 2021-06-27_2303_1.png (1.44 MB, 1366x768)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>794778
go hard or go home
>>
>>795196
Webknecths are probably the weakest enemy in the game not counting defenseless peasants. But I'll agree with the other guy that fighting in forests is annoying.
>>
>>794932
Does beheading cause more morale hit in first place? The damage bonus seems a bit useless against flimsy humans.
>>
>>795451
i got the impression from his post that he hated them outside of forests as well, if everyone on the front doublegrips you can kill loads of them just as they clash with your line which results in a much cleaner fight since as soon as you get basic mail you are essentially immunized against WK unless you are webbed

>>795463
dont think it does, the effects of fatalities are very poorly understood in general
not all humans are flimsy. reavers and chosen have like 120 hp. nimble enemies (especially wounded conscripts) dont like you pressing that button either
>>
>>795477
>the effects of fatalities are very poorly understood in general
As far as I know it only prevents wiedergangers from respawning and does nothing else. Pic related is from the wiki and it says that apparently there is a fatality related to body hits but they don't list any consequences from it.

When on the receiving end of a fatality it prevents your brother from surviving with a permanent injury.
>>
>>795451
You think so? Different anon, but I'd have a much easier fight against low tier human enemies over Websters for most of the early-mid game. Their numbers and behavior lets them target backliners much more easily and often than other enemy types, their poison and webs means that any isolated character who gets caught out (say in an ambush scenario) is dead meat, and most of all they don't run. Even if you manage to break their morale and have them flee, it takes several extra turns for the battle to end while they spawn out of their egg sacs and exit the field in an orderly fashion. Meanwhile, your poisoned units are slowly losing HP while you wait an extra ~3 turns for the fight to end. I've had guys die because of this.
>>
>>795501
Maybe it's because you play on expert and I only play on veteran but my experience with spiders is the exact opposite of yours. There is no enemy in the game that is so willing to flee while still having good morale than spiders. I rarely fight the last wave from the eggs because they run away before reaching the battle 9 times out of 10.

It's really the forest rng that is the biggest danger in my opinion because you need your brothers to all be next to each other so they can help remove webs. Maybe low tier humans are easier if they low roll on equipment that's probably true.
>>
>>795463
I don't believe so, the main thing I use it for is keeping weidergangers down without a necro
>>
>>794692
personal preference, one of the things i like the most about polearm hybrids is that they're useful at all ranges. they can shoot hexen/necro/shaman/enemy shooters, knock people around with spiked impalers and still have 75% ignore to actually kill. even if you dont use optimal ranged bros the fact that you have like 6 crossbows in the back as pm will still mean the sheer volume of fire causes the enemy to reach you significantly softened up unless they're undead. and when the gap is closed they can switch to billhook/swordlance whilst qh reloading. with a thrower polearm you dip into ranged attack and need more perks to just become doubleplusgood when the clash occurs and useless otherwise.
>>
what's the difference between an axe duelist and a mace duelist? i feel like 1 hand axes are meme weapon added for the sake of having an axe
>>
>>795968
attacks that land on the head do 150% damage to hitpoints
attacks that land on the head if you are using a 1h axe have a +50% multiplier, so if the enemy doesnt have steel brow that's 200% which does make them feel a lot meatier and why occasionaly it feels like that armored weiderganger double gripping a handaxe did far more damage than he should. even if they do have steel brow that bonus still applies
plus you can pop shields as usual which helps considerably in the south since nobody there has s. expert and adargas are very very fragile
>>
What are the average stats for your 2handers anons? And what templates do you use for your polearm builds?
>>
>take unnecessary risk on ironman
>lose best guys + armor

ERRYTIME
>>
>>796396
Do you have any more of these?
>>
>>796401
i just faceapp bro
>>
>>796430
Try these, i cant be assed to install the android emulator to get it working again
>>
>>
>>
File: file.png (804 KB, 1050x549)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
I sure hope you use this mod
>>
>>796469
post the reversed one
>>
>>796463
lol
>>
>>771125
>no Slavic themed one

What do you mean? Goblins are in.
>>
>>796612
>>
>>796635
>Goblins
>not germans
they even speak in jidish
>>
>>796284
What do you mean by templates
>>
>>788201
how do you know this
>>
>>772595
How can you have problems installing mods, you just drop the rar files in the data folder and thats it. no extraction needed
>>
>>797521
General perks taken, in what order, and what your bro should look like after all is said and done. My polearm bros don't really have a codified build, only perk that remains constant is the Polearm Mastery.
>>
File: 20211016200354_1.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
My starting guy got some kind of anxiety disorder. Paranoid+Hesitant. I'm in awe of his initiative.
>>
>>797633
recover if you want to go swordlance, no recover if you want to just use the billhook
qh if you want to go hybrid or just keep a 2h mace/whip/nets in the inventory
nimble
rotate or footwork
the standard stuff for a bro that will be making kills later down the line (berserk, kf)
>>
90% of the champions I meet are fucking gobbos. Their weapons are so bad that the named ones are outdone by generic weapons.
>>
>>797655
At least you won't have to deal with the wait penalty
>>
>>797633
>>794733
>>
>>797693
Its due to the average goblin party rolling on champions with every single skirmisher and ambusher, generally the more common a troop type the higher your chances of running into champs. Chosen are a good contender at least on expert, barbarian king has 10% which will most often be boosted if the contract is 3 skulls. Fallen Heroes are also somewhat regular too but finding them can be an issue due to how many weiderganger camps come unscoutable unless you're poachers
>>
>>797853
oh ye I didn't think of that I guess it makes sense. Does champion chance increase on distance to nearby towns like named item chances do?
>>
>>797867
iirc its only affected by contract skulls, the bounty hunter and day. There's a -1% penalty before day 90 or something like that so you can't run into champion ambushers on your first caravan contract, but this CAN get overriden by bonuses from either the first or the second. I've seen a champion necromancer on like day 11 from a drive nomads away contract fork, though that's going to be exceedingly rare of course.
>>
>trying out merchant start first time
>go full jew, 1 man caravan
>can't take any combat contract because 1 man caravan
>full of wares, no market, dump them in the nearest castle
>no wares, every single nearby town got bandits/beasts events

i'm so used to playing PM that there's always that lingering sense of dread when i'm not smashing camp 7 days in and the 12 man formation limit, please tell me how to cope with it.
>>
>>798010
You can still do the trading with having like 8 or full 12 lowborn bros without the expenses cutting into your profits too much besides port movement. Buy discount citadel gear, its pretty funny to fight the first thug job with dudes in 150 mail armed with billhooks
Protip: you can somewhat manipulate the pace at which settlment situations get cleared without intervention by either rejecting or putting contracts on hold. If you do the former it'll get cleared faster and if you do the latter it'll linger for a while longer on the assumption that you're going to maybe come back and sign the job, during which time you can haul more stuff to that ambushed trade routes big city
>>
>>797958
all correct
3* contracts add 5% to every individual unit roll
>>
File: file.png (156 KB, 288x224)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
this fucking nigger
>>
>>798116
fuckin kek
get rekt kiddo
>>
File: 1538984641036.png (104 KB, 288x151)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>798116
happened to me today as well
>>
anyone tried out 3head flail duelist?
>>
>feel like giving this another go
>remember half the difficulty is just the game scaling with your party and to keep up with it you must generally do the same things every playthrough

The combat is great but the progression is fucking garbage
>>
>>798383
just do trader and skip the earlygame by buying gear
pm, manhunters and lone wolf also have a different progression than the others
>>
>>798383
merchant start might be what you're looking for, instead of getting coin through power, you buy power with coin, trade between towns and buy expensive preleveled/pregeared background and essentially skip the early game, no named until mid game though.
>>
>>798389
>>798397
Oh shit I'll give this a try thanks anons
>>
>>798272
Splitting the attack into three can be useful for a brother with poor melee attack because at least one is likely to hit and if you combine it with Fearsome it has some great utility. Its main problem is that it's shit against heavy armor.
>>
>>798406
Does fearsome only work for one of the hits or ALL of them if they all connect?
>>
>>798436
one hit
>>
File: 1623053193696.png (313 KB, 547x673)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>798272
not sure how much payback you'd get from duelist since the way armor damage and armor ignore calculation works is that lots of smaller weaker hits are worse than a larger one. pre blazing deserts buff 3 head flail used to be one of the worst weapons in the game with an identity crisis
however
currently it still shits the bed hard against enemies with decent headgear, but when double gripped it eats those without it alive. the south has plenty of those. not sure if one hail can instakill a conscript that comes with broadwrap but it'll leave him near dead for certain. your own nimble bros are not exempt from this and you probably want to prioritize shieldless flail nomads

>>798436
the 1hp morale check happens only once but the penalty based off your own resolve will trigger for each hit if you do more than 15 hitpoint damage
>>
>>770865
How's everyone enjoy the DLC. I played this game like 2 years ago and racked up 80 in game hours with the same iron man company. It was such a thorough playthru filled with highs and lows that I really haven't had desire to play it since. I shill this game hard to everyone I know though. Incredible game. I never bought the DLC, when my fave eventually ended I don't think it had released yet
>>
>>798541
If you plan on playing the game again I would definitely recommend getting the DLCs. The addition of the North and the South and the different origins means there are more stuff to try out.
>>
>>798456
>>798447
why german devs hate fun
>>
>>798807
your idea of fun is not fun
>>
where elves and dwarves
>>
>>798857
>elves
schrat are wooden mecha controlled by elves remotely
>dwarves
they're the ones leaving all the famed items about
>>
>>798834
>t.german
>>
>got Wildman with 116 starting fatigue and 2 stars on it
Ok so what should I do for a high fatigue build? His defenses aren't great but because he's swift they're at least both above 0. I want to make him a heavy armor + shield bro, but what 1hander is best for someone with great fatigue?
>>
>>798964
If you want him to carry a shield he will miss out on double grip and Duelist so his damage wont be that high. You might want to pick a weapon that has some utility like mace for stuns or spear for spearwalls.
>>
>>798964
GS/GH reach nimble would be my pick
>>
>>798541
overall I enjoy the DLC even if there are aspects of it I quibble over
one of my friends just picked the DLC up after 120 hours and he hasn't stopped kvetching after a week that some of this stuff isn't in the base game, it truly feels like a more complete package
>>
holy shit undead crisis is so annoying, having fuckers rise up while mopping up from the center and trying to get to the struggling flank is the worst
>>
File: file.png (184 KB, 324x247)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
didn't know there were niggers in this game
>>
File: file.png (477 KB, 441x564)
477 KB
477 KB PNG
>smash a camp of 28 nomads, archers and polemaces, including multiple stalkers and scimmy leaders
>half the company almost dies
>lmao have some dye
>smash a camp with 5 cutthroats and 4 outlaws
>

s-so this is the power of nomad camps, not bad...
>>
>>799896
>5 cutthroats and 4 outlaws
>nomad leader helm and outh heavy mace
why would someone do that, just go and tell lies on the internet
>>
>>799844
swordlance deals with normal and armored weiders real good
>>
>>799896
okay there was mayber another 1-2 outlaw and a leader in there too, but that still get my point across
>>
>>799844
Use Great sword, sword lance, gun
>>
How do I survive deserted start? The guys panic when someone moves up to them.
>>
>>799989
deserters are backliners disguised as frontliners, hire some shitters to hold shields for them while they poke things with a pitchfork from away, or play really aggressively and enter their ZoC on your own. once you're successful remember to never recruit deserters again
>>
>>799989
Deserters have good starting equipment and the background has good melee attack and sometimes serviceable ranged attack as well. I played this seed and didn't have as much trouble with morale as I had expected SKLREFKIXA.
There is one guy there with less than 20 resolve but if I recall correctly he died in my first fight anyway.
>>
>>
>>796284
80ish mattak at worst, can start using a twohander during high 60s or after 70 is passed
15-20ish mdef, the more the better. you can go dodge relentless 2h if the guy's initiative isnt dumped but i hope you have spare hp to make him sturdy
weapon choice depends on fatigue
>>
File: 1634574203369.png (1.62 MB, 1242x1539)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>799896
Yeah also outlaws dont get dodge and leaders dont get nimble before day 40 so they're reasonable to handle early on. Its not easy in the slightest but if you manage to clear a ton of their camps before this period expires by opportunistic attacks on the smaller ones, purchasing swordlances and using bombs found as loot you can reach the midgame woth like 2-5 named items
>>
File: file.png (1.42 MB, 1080x849)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
last perk, lets hear it
>>
>>800563
Bag and belts
>>
>>800563
fortified mind
>>
>>800563
Maybe Steel Brow if he's going to keep that weak hat.
>>
File: 1490291233157.png (1002 KB, 3000x1500)
1002 KB
1002 KB PNG
Can someone give me some tips on how to handle huge barb camps?
>>
>>800901
you need anchors to hold the flanks while you punch through the center barbs/unholds or hold unhold while you kill flanks with 2 anchors or 1 anchor respectively, though the single will need indom. other than that just priotize mace/ham chosens over mace/ham reavers over cleavers and reaver trashes.
>>
>>800901
what a wonderful image
>>
>>800901
12 archers
>>
>>800901
10/10 image
>>
How the fuck do I beat the witch hut encounter? Most of my brothers have good resolve but with 4 hexen they still take control of 2 of my brothers every turn. Their beasts are strong enough that I can't just equip everyone with useless clubs to prevent teamkills.
What's the best approach?
>>
>>800563
any of the 3:
rotate
footwork
backstabber
>>
>>801109
invest in archers?
>>
>>801109
mass whips, archers break direwolf/wk armor
>>
Wow, I didn't know Brigand Raider squad exists on day 1, let alone attacks me.
>>
>>801272
welcome to PM Expert early game
>>
Just finished my first merchan run, very fun, i really missed hiring higher tier backgrounds, my guys got wiped 1 by one fighting berserkers and unholds, turns out mace and hammre duelists sucks at dealing HP damage, and since i was doing all southern only i couldn't find enough good glad, nomad, manhunter and assassins to fill in the blank left from the lvl 10 dead guy, and archers are expensive so i was constantly lacking in backline access, just like in PM.
I find myself really missing the 16 man limits and early named item smashing camp, but really relived to know that I don't this to smash camp early in this start to get to mid game alive.
>>
File: tfw.png (3.22 MB, 1920x1080)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB PNG
>tfw Peasant Militia
>Day 17, 15 dead
>not a single original brother is left
>tfw every last one died a painful death
>>
>>801373
how did so many get slaughtered by raiders on day 1
>>
>>801442
The starting village gave them a 230 gold contract to take care of some brigands. I assumed they'd be thugs and ran into 5 raiders kitted out in full chain. Somehow, I managed to kill them all at the cost of 10 men.
>>
>>801455
12 vs 5 shouldnt cauae that many casualties unless you flat out forgot to equip the bros at the start
>>
>>801498
The highest melee skill was 55 and chainmail is no joke. I hit them at nightfall but their javelins still dropped 3 men.
>>
Are Wildmen worth it? Their defense seems to be very low relative to their usual asking price.
>>
>>801906
wildmen are fuckin great dude there's so many events they do good shit in
I usually use em as backliners due to the defence issue you mentioned but honestly they generally do fine as frontliners until they don't
>>
>>801906
The price varies based on their equipment and can go as low as in the 400s.
>>
Is Legends good?
>>
>approach nomad camps
>waiting until night
>hyenas approaches
>try to kite them around
>hit the camp 0.5 seconds before night hits
>nomads archers on my asses
>hyenas thin out their ranks but ultimately fails and give nomad confident morale
>just in time to mop up my pin cushion company
i hate the fucking archer niggers
>>
>>802306
pretty mixed bag as its like 20 different mods rolled into one I think it does more bad than good unfortunately
>>
How do I get into Expert? I've been trying at it with Peasant Militia only to fizzle out early in the run.

I'm starting to think that PM might have become a crutch for me.
>>
>>802306
no
ask again in 5 years
>>
>>802306
more content - good
atrocious implementation into the game in terms of art, balance and practicality - bad
its like playing a chinese bootleg version of the game, some good idea but you feel the feature creep kicking in really hard
>>
>>802322
Are you trying to make the jump from vet/vet/norm to exp/exp/low?
>>
>>802340
Exp/Vet/Med. The combat scaling is fucking me over. Since I can't rely on numbers with quality equipment to overwhelm the enemy.
>>
>>802385
use nets, buy nets every time you pass a fishing village, equip your front bros with 1h spear and 2 nets each, throw them at anything remotely threatening, pile up and stab the victim to dead, rinse and repeat, if you feel like too much risk you can add 1-2 stunbots to make sure they stay netted
>>
>>802306
Good:
>Layered armour system is aesthetic, lets you maintain fashion for themed runs like barbarians or cultists
>Cool new origins
>Cool new backgrounds
>Some new enemies
>Mixes up encounters so that, for example, an early ancient dead camp may have a single necrosavant with the auxiliaries as a "miniboss". Feels much more varied than default for this reason.
>Some of the new female character portraits are hot
>Makes nets good
>Settings for map generation are very nice
Bad:
>Glitchy as fuck
>Layered armour system is awkward to manage after a couple days
>Camping redesign is awkward and overpowered, trivializes resource management
>New perk system is fucked, does more harm than good. Some of the perks introduced are absurdly powerful, like allowing archers with high initiative to reliably lock enemies in debuff state forever.
>Brigand Rabble enemy type makes all early encounters trivial; servers no purpose
>To add to this - new variety of T0 weapons adds no value at all to game
>Messes up retinue system
>Hiring hot female characters instead of good characters messes up your finances and kills your run
>Some of the enemy spawns are total bullshit, difficulty varies wildly between north, south, and middle of map at different points in run
>>
File: Slavs.png (65 KB, 852x501)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>771125
We already got the Germans, anon
>>
File: warriors_of_the_north.png (2.72 MB, 1436x1079)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
>>801319
You can get decent archers out of shepherds who are southern. Or anyone that rolls near 40 and has ranged attack stars, even beggars. PM backliners can also be even more lenient on their ranged stats if you have a shit ton of them be polearm hybrids.
As for reaching the mid game alive all that needs to be done to get there is doing your ambitions for the higher contract payout (which everyone should do anyhow since there's no reason not to, renown only influences that and retinue slots).

>>802385
PM is one of the origins alongside manhunters and cultists that does not start with brothers that have fixed stars, so the first thing that you should do is strip everyone down and do a general assessment. People with potential go in the back, others up front. Distribute gear to these frontline shitters by quality, the better ones get higher tier 1h weapons and better armor whilst the others get whats left.
What you start with however will not be enough to arm (and let alone armor) everyone. The starter village comes with a very high relations with you which means that prices there are as good as they can get. Go to the market and pick through the stock, most often you seem to be spawned by a fishing village which isnt that great equipment wise barring the obvious nets, but get some weapons alongside any pitchforks/warforks for the backliners and spend the rest on hats&hoods/thicker clothes, maybe a shield or three.
The first raider fight should go smoothly. If you are worried due to the mood penalty take a delivery contract first. Try to stun with maces, surround, dont worry about casualties too much if you get a guy with a pike or longaxe since that's a prime reward that early. Hire as long as you have gear to give, do some deliveries, go south and whack small nomad camp for easy ambition.
>>
>>801109
shields and mass archers
>>
>>801597
you lucky that your guys not routed
>>
File: lechia empire.jpg (250 KB, 1024x814)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>802639
you forget the map
>>
>>802398
>Hiring hot female characters instead of good characters messes up your finances and kills your run
ah, a fellow man of culture
>>
>>802779
They did, repeatedly. By the end of the fight it was essentially a chaotic moshpit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.