[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20210915_161613.jpg (347 KB, 1080x1163)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
Im really gonna do it. How about you, anon? Did you manage to get really good at your rts of choice?
>>
>>765571
Game journalism is a joke.
>>
>>765576
Answer the question and if your answer isn't yes I have a job opening for you at ING.
>>
I was always good
>>
>>765571
That guy looks like a total herb.
Youre probably a herb too for posting this garbage
This thread is getting herbed
>>
Nah, I can't really invest the amount of time it takes to get good at one. I'll stick to SP - finishing every game I own is going to take a while too.
>>
>>765614
How long does it actually take? Or how hours?
>>
File: 1629219968086.jpg (36 KB, 655x527)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>765571
There was a time when I could beat medium bots in C&C3. Mostly I just play RTS on Very Easy to watch stuff blow up.
>>
>>765637
About 10 hours of actual practice to get better than 80% of the playerbase. Then the time needed spikes up rapidly.
>>
>>765661
>About 10 hours of actual practice to get better than 20% of the playerbase. Then the time needed spikes up rapidly.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>765571
>Waste your time grinding out AoE ladder matches just so you have to deal with cancerous shit like fags who cheese / lame every game
I'll stick to being comfortably well above average

>>765682
If you can do a half decent dark age and have an actual practised opening build you're already better than most people who play
>>
>>765690
Is there a tool to assist learning build orders?
>>
>>765571
Wtf i don't want to play this game anymore
>>
>>765661
Lmao get your math right dumbass
>>
>>765743
There is "Interactive Build Order Guide"
It's a scripted scenario that gives you objectives to follow the build order, how many vills to put on what and what to build when. It covers a decent number of builds. It seems to have been updated to DE.
>>
File: 1555334818.jpg (51 KB, 640x619)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
why the fuck do they disable all mods after every update?
why is there no "enable all" button?
>>
>>765795
Microsoft wants to sell you DLC, and mods might fill in for DLC.
>>
>>765637
Depends how efficiently you learn. If you're going in just to get better then you can do it pretty quickly:
>read a couple guilds on the basics (always create villagers, using hotkeys, basic counters, etc.)
>pick a build order
>practice offline
>practice online a couple times
>at the end of every game think about what went wrong, what went right, what did you learn
>switch to a new build order
>repeat
>remember to go back and do all the other build orders you learnt once every couple days
Meanwhile you get people who just play the same civ the same way every time and they never really learn anything. They get stuck in their incorrect patterns and stay bad. That's how you get people like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKiGFFBT8Q
>>
>>765658
Same, i don't have the time to get good at it, i can play total war and CoH online at a very good level but C&C is fucking hard, i really don't understand that game but i enjoy it regardless. It's like a party game, it's like playing fucking Mario Party or super smash, it's just chaos
>>
>>765595
What does herbed means
>>
>>765814
I'm both confused and impressed in a way by those kinds of players.
At some level they must know they suck and must just not care about winning and just operate on their own weird terms.
Even if they aren't metafags involved in the online "community" and reading guides and shit some of those people have hundreds or thousands of games. You'd think that even if their gameplay style was still sloppy or idiosyncratic by meta standards they would eventually independently discover at least some of the strategies.
Likely explanation is they lose a bunch at start and end up playing mostly other similarly weird players so they are never pressured to develop more competitive strategies and LEL remains it's own ecosystem.
>>
>>765825
At this point they probably just play AoE after work to turn their brain off. They've played it so much they don't need to think so it's just a way for them to unwind while watching TV or something in the background
>>
>>765821
https://lmgtfy.app/?q=herb+urban+dictionary
Here ya go ESL-kun
>>
>>765795
anon there IS an enable all button
>>
>>765857
Thanks
>>
>>765825
>At some level they must know they suck and must just not care about winning and just operate on their own weird terms.
I don't think it should be that hard to understand they they're just playing to have fun and relax
The loss of most of these people to other genres is basically why RTS is pretty much dead compared to the old days. If I had to guess they're probably 30+ guys who grew up with the game and don't see any need to take it too seriously.
>>
I'd rather get a job, at least I'll get paid for being miserable.
>>
>>765576
I thought it was the worst but then my news feed started showing me anime journalism
>>
>>765877
While these cunts get paid for streaming gameplays
>>
File: aoe2-match-report-3-1.jpg (2.21 MB, 1920x1080)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
turtle....soul....at home
>>
>>765908
>The Crumpler
>>
File: kFWWqJr.gif (829 KB, 487x560)
829 KB
829 KB GIF
>>765825
It's kind of adorable. They're like little kids just playing around without a care in the world. Innocent and completely unconcerned with form and technique, ignoring the tricks others use to squeeze out every ounce of extra performance they need to crush their opponents.
They enjoy their own playground and they seem to find lots of like-minded noobs so why would they change anything about the way they play?
>>
>>765907
Most don't
>>
>>765814
do you think t90 is going to pull a huskystarcraft and move to L.A to become a generic influencer fag they even kinda sound the same
>>
>>766174
Probably not while DE is still being supported and people are probably going to play AoE2 still. They have been playing for 20 years. He's going to have to do something eventually though. Maybe AoE4 will really take off. He's been holding on well, a lot of other AoE channels bigger and smaller died out.
>>
>>765841
>>765872
Absolutely comfy.
>>
>>765814
>Meanwhile you get people who just play the same civ the same way every time and they never really learn anything. They get stuck in their incorrect patterns and stay bad.
For a moment I thought you were going to invoke the legend that is FatSlob, he's been playing 1v1 Blackforest as Vikings for over a decade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UOstzYTZs
>>
>>766279
My favourite weirdos featured are the guys that every day play the FFA games that routinely go 8h+ and the record was 17h or something. They must be compete shut-in NEETs, or maybe some retired old guys.
>>
>>766284
I'll link it I guess
https://youtu.be/cnGvfCPwzic
>>
>>766149
correct post and cute girl
>>
>>766149
you know that most aoe2 players are underage and therefore literal children?
only a handful of adult autists care about the meta and all the circlejerk.
majority of the playerbase is just kids
>>
>>766588
that might've been true 20 years ago when the game first came out, but its hard to imagine the playerbase staying young after 2 decades of being around
>>
>>766588
>you know that most aoe2 players are underage and therefore literal children?
Kids generally speaking play the games / genres that are popular
AoE 2 and RTS are basically dead to kids that age
>>
>>766588
I know many AoE2 players and they're all +20
>>
>>766674
I know many AoE2 players and none of them are over 18
>>
>>766676
stop grooming them you sick fuck
>>
>Decides to get really good at playing AoE2
>Plays Black Forest

Do soys really?
>>
>>766676
You fucking pedo
>>
Trushing people is so funny. I remember when we only played with friends at LAN parties and since they were all a lot older i always got stomped.

Few years later we still play aoe2 at lan parties but after learning all the stuff about cost management, counterunits counter civs and rushing i completely stomped the shit out of everybody, then they never invited me again. Wasnt really all that good at it but only the knowledge about when and what to do and what civ to pick was enough. I am kinda sad about day when i stomped them and even bought the map hack when we played 2v2 and started calling out all they do out loud since they couldnt do shit about will not happen again.
>>
>>766747
ABAYO NIGGA
>>
>>766748
kiting teutonic knights with chinks was so epic. They all though that Teutonic knight army is instawin. Even the ball throwing shit couldnt help them since i was just running split my shit into groups and was just constantly splitting the groups and regrouping that fight was euphoric for me.
>>
Anyone else just love shitting on noobs?

There is nothing as refreshing as wrecking someone who has no clue how to play.

Maybe they will even quit the game forever.

I always drop when i get an opponent with the same elo or higher than me.

Especially love to join /vst/ games since no one here knows how to play. Then proceed to shit on everyone and watch them cry.

Anyone else?
>>
>>766758
shut the fuck up ghostmaster
>>
>>766759
why you hatin?
>>
File: 1629602811502.jpg (63 KB, 536x609)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>766758
>reddit spacing
>edgy opinion
>can only defeat shit players
you sound like a faggot
>>
>>766699
>not joining black forest lobbies and rushing for the salt it causes
>>
>>766758
Can relate to this. At a certain point it comes down to who has the better specs. Fuck that. Imagine losing just cos some cunt has better comp and injects caffeine directly into his veins. So noob hunting is much better use of time for entertainment value. Nothing beats the fun of ruining noobs. Like you say, maybe get them to quit forever, a job well done! Reminds of peak Runescape where I used to befriend noobs, build up trust, see them develop skills and money over months, then lure them into da wildee and kill their stupid noob asses. I liked to draw it out, teleblock, snaring them in place, and slowly whittling down their health with weak spells. Just so they had plenty of time to see what was going on. They would always beg for mercy because that full rune armor was SO VALUABLE to them. The money I got was inconsequential, just their shocked outrage at the betrayal after so many months of "friendship" was reward enough. Then there were stranger noobs who would always fall for trading an abby whip in da wildee. "Hey, just busy fighting demons, jump the wall and meet me to trade, I gtg soon". And along they would come, trusting as always. Dumbasses. Ha! Back in the day when whips were the bomb. Had one guy give me some sob story about cutting yews for a year to earn a whip. So I said I would give it back for half price. Lol! He agreed! And when he came back I killed him again. Fun times.
>>
>>765658
This plus being a fun city builder.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.