[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Spellcross.png (1.66 MB, 1592x717)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
This game. Does anyone know what it is called?
>>
Thankfully, no.
>>
is it spellcross
>>
>>765537
Spellcross checks out, anon. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>765540
...it says it both in the image and filename. I have no idea what this game is but if you wanted a Spellcross thread then you should have just made a Spellcross thread.
>>
>>765544
Oh shit, lol
>>
>gate: the game but with burgers instead of sushi
What's the premise here?
>>
>>765562
Magic forces invasion in the real world during late 90's (aka the time the game was developed).
>>
>>765575
so basically xcom with magic?
>>
>>765527
Spellcross, it literally says so in the image you saved as "spellcross", nigger.
>>
File: 1630853965064.jpg (161 KB, 720x706)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>765527
>a thread died for this
>>
>>765562
That the invaders are smart: the dark lord devastates the nation of earth using his magic to cause natural disasters and nearly wins, instead of just being target practice for the the army like in gate
>>
>>765527
https://lparchive.org/Spellcross/
>>
>>765548
KEK i hope this is not larp
>>
>anti-tank orcs

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>765527
>Anon just wanted to speak about this game
>Too shy to just say Spellcross thread.
>>
>>768401
gate was just nippon wank
a shameful display
>>
If memory serves the game has weird difficulty curve where early missions are tough as nails but then you get tanks with full chain of command and everything becomes ezpz.
>>
>>771139

> hoping that it could have ever been anything but a jap-wank

lol
>>
>>771151
fuck off cunt
i have no hopes and still was disappointed
>>
>>770655
Haha, years ago I made a mod for axis and allies, the time gate studios version, that ported over most of kohan 2's assets. It made it so that you could play as Hitler and command undead and daemons, pretty cliché I know, but I also made a new Japanese faction that used the kohan version of orcs and I gave some of them anti-tank capabilities. It was a decade ago, but yeah, anti-tank orcs. Sometimes people come up with goofy stuff.
>>
>>765527
I'm guessing that be heroes of myth and legend 72.
>>
File: Duke nukem.png (235 KB, 500x500)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>765527
Oh sweet is that the new Dick lickem game for the ps2?
>>
>>771148
It really is like that iirc. First missions with infantry and humvees are pain. I guess it makes snese story wise.
>>
what is this clusterfuck
>>
Wow, didn't expect to see it here, was reading about it in a magazine back in 90's, but didn't get it back then. Have a DOSBox setup with it for a couple of years but never played farther than 1st level. Now have a TBS itch and choosing between it and Fantasy General.
>>
>>771148

i disagree, the later missions especially with fortress/mammoth tanks shit on you a lot
>>
File: Spellcross_map.png (307 KB, 1024x768)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>spellcross thread
>not posted by me

I take it. Although you really pull the "what's this game called" when both the filename and screenshots say it. Come on, I want to share the game too, but not like this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.