[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1612507692457.jpg (66 KB, 460x460)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>visit /vst/
>no Warlords thread
How unchivalrous. How goes your Etherian conquest, Warlords chads?
>>
>didn't put the game's name in the title
Doomed to fail.
>>
I bought Warlords 3 after finishing Age of Wonders 1. It's an inferior game to be honest, lack of tactical combat is a big deal. My most memorable moments in these games are when I'm outnumbered but with clever tactics I'm able to come out on top. Just watching doomstacks beating each other isn't fun.

I do recognize that Warlords matches go by pretty quick though. An 8 player game with 50+ cities map will take me several days to win in Age of Wonders. The same map in Warlords can be beaten in an hour or two. Good for those who don't have the time to play much anymore.
>>
>>763451
To be fair Age of Wonders 1 is just really fun and comfy in general, it's hard to beat.
>>
File: Illuria.jpg (195 KB, 666x831)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>763239
Illuria, home.
>>
Why are Knights such losers?

They proclaim they are pure and honorable unlike the Empire despite their civilization being bankrolled by Honorless Jew Knights.
>>
>>763239
It's going great, i actually just started another WBC2 campaign yesterday as orcs and I took over the wall last i played
>>763451
Well to be fair AoW 1 is easily one of the best in the genre and extremely comfy and has great combat, it's just joy to play
>>763740
>merchant order in warlords 3 almost always betrays me in the campaign regardless of the mission objective
>game even says not to trust them
Kek, good thing there are other based knight orders
>>
File: 201208202351310b0.jpg (71 KB, 700x500)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>763239
pretty well, op.
>>
>>763239
In wbc2 I've done complete campaigns with demons, dark dwarves, humans, barbarians, and minotaurs over the course of a 1-2years and I've done Dark Dwarves four times. I've got an undead one in progress but I don't really feel the faction. Not sure who next to play as.
>>
>>765834
No love for regular Dwarves? For shame. Man, I love the voice for the Dwarf Lord, and turtling is actually fun with their insanely powerful garrisoned crossbows.
>>
>>765851
It's a long time ago that I played WBC2, but in two they are incredibly slow to start, their basic units aren't even good, everything is expensive as shit and their economy needs a long time to get going, and their hero skills are lacking good synergies or skills to offset their disadvantages. And no, rune magic is not a good sphere. Whenver I play dwarves, it's with some other races hero, especially economic heroes.
Why dwarves never got the Smelting skill is beyond me. No race has that.
>>
>>765876
It's been a while since I played WBC2 as well, but I remember steamrolling shit as the Dwarves. I always loved that moment when you unlocked booze and shit got real.
>>
>>765851
I used to like them but dark dwarves are just better and more fun. Regular dwarves are way too expensive and slow for my taste, plus they don't get access to the more powerful schools of magic and their unit selection is very mediocre with no good flying units.
The real tragedy is how underrated the barbarian faction is. I see people shit on them but they are probably the most fun to play; tons of good units and viable strategies and your hero has awesome potential to go in any direction he wants.
>>
>>765952
>The real tragedy is how underrated the barbarian faction is.
This! Anon thank you it's one of the most based and fun factions in the game
>>
>>765952
Barbarians are one of my favorite race. I'm still looking for that one race-hero combination in WBC3 for them. Was thinking of going Ranger.
>>
>>763239
>No Battlecry IV
Imagine.
>More complex and advanced Hero creation allowing you to either go full traditional class or multi-class (both have their pros and cons)
>A more expanded inventory that is closer to something out of an RPG like Neverwinter Nights
>Massive armies ready to be commanded on ginormous maps while mausoleums and shrines are scattered around left and right
>Massively expanded, improved and enhanced retinues that will make you feel as if they are indeed your true companions with whom you went through so much shit your bonds are unbreakable
I wish the current holder of the Warlords franchise wasn't putting everything into FUCKING PUZZLE QUEST
>>763740
>Why are Knights such losers?
Tell that to them after they get the upgrade that gives all of them (heroes included) 5x the experience.
>>
>>763239
What is the context for this?
>>
Is that one anon actually working on the WBC2 mod?
>>
>>767193
Best we're gonna get is the protectors mod and that's a hell of a great game in it's own right at this point, but yeah i believe it's unfortunately ubisoft who owns the ip
>>
>>767855
So we won't get any official games that aren't mobile games made for a quick buck, I'm just glad we got such a fun trilogy in the first place
>>
>>765266
>ancient flash kino connoisseur

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.