[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: index.jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/stellaris-dev-diary-223-release-date-and-patch-notes-for-the-3-1-lem-update.1489290/
3.1 patch notes just got released, so I think it's a perfect time to start a new thread.
3.1 goes live on september 14th.

Opinions?
>>
>>758819
>new civics, new plant/shroom traits
somewhat neat
>rogue servitors now have arcology project
even more OP now
>MegaCorp released vassals no longer megacorp
>Void Dweller traits consolidated into 1 trait
Important, it was dumb that it wasn't that way from the start
>* Removed stability modifier from Memorialist building and added it to Memorialist job instead.
Well dang, I didn't get a chance to abuse that absolutely busted civic.
>2 Edicts from imperial cult
nice
>tradition overhaul
Don't know, might just be arbitrarily different.
In a way it seemed to make the individual trees less interesting by making them more uniform, like removing the defensive aspect from harmony.

Still a fundamentally flawed pop and shortage system.
Don't think it really changes that much.
>>
>* Fixed it so that if you ever reforge your Doomsday homeworld it will no longer have the Doomsday modifier.
awh fuck
>>
>>758842
you could reforge (?) doomed homeworlds? I thought they became cracked worlds
>>
>>758844
Horizon Signal.
Build habitat in your original system, move capital there, trigger the event that changes all solid(including cracked) worlds in your home system into tomb worlds.
Then you'd have your original planet with the Doomsday modifier, +120% minerals, energy and alloys.
Also the emigration/migration penalty and the habitability penalty though.

I planned to use that in a coop game and make it into an ecumonpolis.
>>
>>758849
you'd think they'd patch the obviously unintended interaction in the overlap of horizon signal and doomsday origin rather than just removing the modifier
>>
>>758854
Not really, horizon signal is a complete meme that just transforms all solid planets.
A cracked planet is still solid planet.
>>
I think the most impactful thing will be fixing the randomness issue mentioned in the 222 dev diary.
>Some have noticed that, in certain cases, the randomness of script functions such as random_list is not very random. Specifically, events fired from on_game_start had this issue (and various other on_actions, but that was the one that hurt the most). This was pretty unfortunate, since this effectively meant that certain things that were meant to be different each game... simply were not.
> Relatedly, we also revisited some more longstanding issues like where if you used while loops or every_x loops, each time the effect happened within that loop, the random result would be the same. (As in 25x random_list resulting in 25x the same result rather than 25x a random result).
>We fixed this quite exhaustively:
>The lack of randomness in on_actions like on_game_start is fixed. If we in future make the mistake that caused this to happen again, the game will warn us, so hopefully it is banished for good.
>While loops and every_x loops have improved randomness
>For good measure, we added a reroll_random effect
>>
>>758927
>For good measure, we added a reroll_random effect
save scummers rejoice
>>
>>758838
how would you change the population system if you think its fundamentally flawed?
Having individual pops and autistically manage, genetically engineer, and move them around for RP is one of the reasons I like stellaris over other games that just have a "number goes up" population growth mechanic.
And I happily accept the fact that having 10k pops in a late game galaxy makes the game lag like shit as a tradeoff (though I'd still be glad if they managed to find a fix)
>>
>>758955
25 pops per planet at max was actually perfect, the tile system made every planet a small optimisation minigame now it's endless tweaking
>>
>>758955
>how would you change the population system if you think its fundamentally flawed?
Remove per planet growth, remove empire wide growth penalty per pop nonsense. Instead have it work by species, when a new Human Pop is grown, it is added to a viable planet in your empire. More planets = more potential housing and jobs, while more pops = more potential growth to fill those planets.
For performance make more pop calculations monthly instead of daily, or at least to a few days in the month instead of every day in case some need to be in sequence.
Possibly reduce number of pops per planet.
>>
>>758978
But I really do like my ecumenopolises to have several times the population of agri worlds.
>>758998
>remove empire wide growth penalty per pop nonsense.
I can support that.
>Remove per planet growth,
I like individual planet growth but I think pops should depending on your policies freely move about your empire automatically to fill jobs etc. I do however like having individual thrall-planets to grow and manually export certain enslaved alien species.
>More planets = more potential housing and jobs, while more pops = more potential growth to fill those planets.
Pop growth should only slow down if you actually start to run out of housing and job space empire wide.
>>
Redpill me on Stellaris bros. I finally got a less-shitty laptop and I kinda want to get into grand stratagey/4x games, specifically ones set in space. Stellaris seems like the best to me right now since it's got a pretty vibrant modding scene and lots of vanilla content. But it subject to the typical Paradox Jewry so I wanna know if I'm missing out on a superior experience that doesn't get shilled by normies.
>>
>>759209
If you're gonna play stellaris pirate it.
I bought the base game, and if I play it singleplayer I have a separate pirated install with all the DLC.
You can pirate the dlc for your steam version, but I prefer to not do that.
For mp I let someone else host who actually buys the dlc.

Consider Master of Orion 2 if you wanna play a space 4x.
>>
>>758955
>how would you change the population system if you think its fundamentally flawed?
Use Vicky's pop system except except say the actual number of beings represented by one unit of POP a large number instead of a nuclear family
>>
>>759209
if you dont care about steam achievements (and I assume you don't, considering your interest in mods), just pirate it. you might as well wait a bit til Lem patch drops on torrents
>>
>>759209
boring time killer. if you RP you can satisfy your autism somehow but if looked deeper into game mechanics you will only see wasted potential
>>
>>759209
>>759235
Actually just one more thing, Im not sure where to get mods outside of steam workshop.. but im sure there is a workaround
>>
>>759239
google steam workshop downloader
>>
>>758819
Most of my time playing the game was with the old tile system, i loved the game i guess it was the novelty of it, have like 800h in this. Games like these allow someone imaginative to have a lot of fun. I almost came after i conquered earth with my xenophobes and consumed the human species to extinction.
>>
>>759189
>if you actually start to run out of housing and job space empire wide.
I was thinking that initially, but I wonder if there could be an interesting design where lack of jobs doesn't actually slow down pop growth, and unemployment is potentially a big problem you'll have to deal with, and you could be compelled to spam shitty jobs just to get rid of troublesome unemployed people. Could be a way for clerks to have a place in the game.
>>
File: 1619451367632.jpg (51 KB, 612x588)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>759209
You ever engaged in war crimes, slavery, endemic racism, genocide and eugenics programs? Would you like to?
>>
>>759374
1. No, or at least not to any great extent.
2. Yes.
>>
>>758978
my nigga, I miss the planet tile system. It made the planets a lot more interesting to micro, especially in plopping down species the tile you want, like strong ones in mining tiles
>>
File: TombWorldPhysics.png (1.64 MB, 1920x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>759452
Not sure if I miss it, but I can't for sure say I prefer to current system.
>>
File: 6traitpoints.png (530 KB, 796x574)
530 KB
530 KB PNG
Started going through some old screens.
Back in 1.0 you couldn't remove good traits, or even add negative traits through genemodding, so the traits you found on species mattered more.
And in 1.0 they could spawn with more than a value of 2 trait points, but I think they changed it for 1.1 or so. These guys stood out with their 6 points of traits.
>>
File: Nuurian.png (60 KB, 312x234)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Randomly generated civs also didn't have the same limits to ethics.
So in vanilla I found these guys with 5 ethics points, Fanatic Xenophobe, Fanatic Spiritualist and Collectivist.
>>
>tiles
oh no, oh no, even is nothing is better than 1.0 tiles, i so gladly forgot about them when they had cut them out
ofc they could had been done better, if they were kind of a planet's map at least 10x10 with various terrain (blockers are not a various terrain): seas, forests, plains, mountains (and each specie has it's preferenced terrain and terrain they hate), some multiple pops per tile mechanic, but what we had was a garbage.
>>
>>759452
It's definitely a shame they removed the tile system instead of expanding on it. If they had any imagination they'd keep it and allow for dividing a planet between multiple empires and an actual planetary combat system.
>>
>>759456
you used to be able to gene edit/purge/enslave pop by tile rather than pop by planet too
>>
>>758819
>our old DLCs don't sell cause they are shit, what we gonna do?!?!
>quick, add couple of new things so people who never bothered with them will have to buy them if they don't want to play gutted version of the game.
Stellaris is prime example game as a service. What a waste.
>>
>>759559
humanoids is purely cosmetic dlc most people probably skip. If they actually add something worth paying for to it, I think that's good. I know you'd like everything for free, but the reality is, paradox are greedy jews. that's the base line. it's good they actually try to improve the old dlc's before shitting out a new one
>>
>>759600
>free
I want complete game, not gutted version of it. Which is what you get if you didn't buy all DLC.
Base paradox games are basically demos at this point, with half working mechanics until you start buying DLCs.
No wonder they made subscription service.
>>
File: UltraPouzJokTraits.png (472 KB, 1024x768)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>759461
as someone who only started playing in 2.4 or something, old stellaris systems like those 25 tiles seem weird and cumbersome to me.
>you couldn't remove good traits, or even add negative traits through genemodding, so the traits you found on species mattered more.
I do wish normal genemodding tech was less powerful unless you actually take the ascention pearks. because in the current game most species are basically all the same but with a different appearance.
>>
>>759452
my favorite part of the old tile system was being able to put everyone of a faction i didn't like into slavery to get rid of the faction.
>>
>>759871
you need the ascension perks to remove positive traits though, and I'd say constantly opening and closing and favouriting and unfavouriting job postings to try to better distribute the workers with good traits to the right jobs is a lot more cumbersome than selecting a pop working a mine tile and deciding to enslave and genetically engineer them to be industrious
>>
I see no reason to get the newest DLC. It just seems annoying all around.
>>
>>758955
>And I happily accept the fact that having 10k pops in a late game galaxy makes the game lag like shit as a tradeoff (though I'd still be glad if they managed to find a fix)

I won't ever understand how the fuck parakike marketing department convinced local paradoxplaza vacationers on /vst/ like you having long lasting games be playable for about 50-100 years (applies to EU4 and CK2 as well) before it's too choppy to be playable and enjoyable is somehow good. Literally every paradox game ever since victoria 2 suffers from it and lately it's been getting worse. Why would I or fucking anybody want to empire build in the early game or play tall when by the time i'm starting to see the benefits, the game is fucking unplayable
>>
>>758819
Pop system is still fundamentally retarded, until that's reworked the game will always play the same.
>>
>>761134
>
I won't ever understand how the fuck parakike marketing department convinced local paradoxplaza vacationers on /vst/ like you having long lasting games be playable for about 50-100 years (applies to EU4 and CK2 as well) before it's too choppy to be playable and enjoyable is somehow good
If your computer is actually struggling with any of those three games then it's just shit, don't complain or larp about dicksuckers liking things they actually do like.

OG Stellaris was shit, get over it.
>>
i cant wait to do one playthrough with the new clone origin then never touch the game until the next update
>>
File: shrug.jpg (47 KB, 377x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
I for one greatly enjoy the new population system because my computer isn't shit
>>
i wish i could just sleep for two days, wake up, and play Lem
>>
>>761732
I'm looking forward to making new empires and revamping some of the old ones with the new traits.
>>
>>761740
yeah.
has the bug where synth ascending as a FanPur would kill off your pops been fixed yet?
>>
File: 1629840918561.jpg (19 KB, 346x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>friendly nation wants to attack our mutually hated neighbour
>my army is extremely far away, fighting amoebas, but alright whatever, agree
>enemy attacks and takes over my best station
>my army arrives, ready to retake it
>ally suddenly ends the war, I lose that system alltogether
>mfw
>>
>>758838
How would you change the shortage system?
>>
>[Necroids] can now reanimate Biological Leviathans, among other things.
wut?
>>
File: 1292295057858.jpg (25 KB, 500x412)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>759452
It was a readable UI, therefore incompatible with Paradox's design philosophy
>>
I really wish Stellaris had a rules assistant like in Free Cities. Being able to automatically move, enslave, and mod pops would make empire management so much more bearable.
>>
>>762104
>Space Necromancers
I was thinking the exact same thing my brain went wit the actual fuck this is gonna be OP if you build up right.

>Tile system

I agree trying to enslave and control factions is brutal now. Especially playing as a genocidal fucking maniac.

>Humanoid DLC

I had this on Console first then once I got my PC I never purchased this due to it being purely cosmetic. Now you can succes play a Space Dwarfs... fml
>>
>>762104
Stuff like the space dragon.
>>
>>758819
Stellaris was in dire need of patches like this, though personally I'd rather have them develop a sequel. The game changed too much on a fundamental level since release so a bunch of mechanics don't work properly with the current game design. Can't remember the last time pop happiness or stability mattered, or the last time I thought about factions at all.
>>
>>758935
>>758927
Save scummer for life, dog!
>>
>>759463
Isn't that modded?
>>
File: 1631501012325.jpg (114 KB, 750x746)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>761527
Nigga you are a lying sack of shit. Before pop nerf my I9 and 9001GB GPUcouldn't stop that shit from stuttering after 2k years. You're full of shit and I hate you. Nigger.
>>
>>763037
>stuttering after 2k years
wtf??? I never played for longer than 200 as that's when the game is basically over.
>>
>>761134
>I won't ever understand how the fuck parakike marketing department convinced local paradoxplaza vacationers on /vst/ like you
You sound mentally insane
>>
>>759217
pairing this with the ability to move pops would be fucking rad
>>
>>763032
Nope, just an old patch.
1.0 or so.
>>
>>762958
>though personally I'd rather have them develop a sequel
Feels weird to make a sequel, when I don't think they really got the game to a stable acceptable place, but that is probably the best move honestly.
I don't think Stellaris is salvagable.
>>
File: 1631499666010.jpg (115 KB, 1024x683)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>763609
>collectivist
Yes it is bro, it's modded. You've been playing with mods so long you forgot the original ethics lmao. I honestly do the same.
t. 3K hours since release
>>
File: file.png (92 KB, 1638x488)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>763635
Collectivist/Individualist were the original ethics though.
>>
>>763635
Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>763635
they didn't switch the collectivist/individualist dichotomy to authoritatian/egalitarian until the patch that came with Utopia I believe
>>
The old tile system was complete fucking garbage, and I don't get how people can defend it except for nostalgia. At least the 3 ftl modes, even if I think going hyperlane only was a good move, I can see why people miss it.

But the old tile system was straight fucking trash, you build up a planet and you're done. It was boring, simple, and sucked. The new one isn't perfect but it's miles better.
>>
still bad
>>
>>764174
lets be honest anon
both are shit and we at best can argue which is less shit
>>
>>764174
I think if anything, the game should lean harder into "you build a planet and it's done forever." The whole idea of "core worlds" are the ones that have been settled for centuries, and are now large and prosperous enough to not require much input anymore.
>>
>>764174
>It was boring, simple
That is still much better than boring, overly complex, barely functional, and horribly slow.
Seriously, at least purging used to work somewhat sensibly back with tiles, now you stuff all your undesirables on a single planet so a single pop gets purged at a time yet you get bonuses as if you were purging them all at once.
>>
>>759209
It's a mixed bag, to be honest. On the one hand it's a polished space 4X with a high amount of accessibility, the ability to tailor your own species, and a bunch of interesting play styles. On the other hand, it's a Paradox game, so it constantly gets flipped around into a different kind of game and never really works properly. And you need nearly all DLC to get the full experience. This weird update/development cycle also ensures that core systems never really got smoothed out properly, while new systems are visibly bolted onto a superstructure that was never intended to have them.

In my opinion Stellaris has lost sight of the original design brief, which was to simplify obtuse systems and translate that to increased focus on core gameplay. Over the years it has steadily grown in complexity while its core gameplay has grown more uniform. It's not really a bad game, but I'd much rather have the Stellaris that we could have had if Paradox hadn't been so autistic about changing the guts of its games all the time.
>>
>>764434
>And you need nearly all DLC to get the full experience
*all DLC
they retroactively add new stuff in pure cosmetics DLC now.
fuck them in spades
>>
Wow guys, got into Stellaris recently and its been a huge amount of fun
Got wreckt in my first proper full campaign by the fallen empire right at the end, when they awoke they absolutely destroyed my fleets, hoping to do better this run

Its a shame because I pirated it (I do this to try out games), but now despite enjoying it lots I cant justify dropping £160 bongs on the game on steam just to be able to play the "full" game (Base game plus the DLC).
When the game went on sale, what price did you guys get the game plus all DLC at?
I suppose I could buy the game on GOG and just pirate the DLC actually, does that work?
>>
>>764523
I got lucky and got almost whole package on humble bundle a few months ago, it was a crazy good value, I would never have bought the game otherwise.

>I suppose I could buy the game on GOG and just pirate the DLC actually, does that work?
hmm, on steam you need some additional dlc enabler from a funny looking russian website, but on gog? If a whole pirated package works without problems, I dont see a reason why not. still, I'd wait for a discount, maybe they'll drop something later today when the patch goes live.
If you want to get it on steam and play with that russian thing (I cant help you with that though), you can grab the base game on wingamestore 50% off atm

but at the end of the day, I'd just pirate it and buy only when some big discounts arrive, maybe christmas sale or something
>>
I NEED IT NOW DAMMIT WHERE IS IT
>>
>ctrl+f "performance"
>1 unrelated result

So, 3.1 players, is the game still slow as fuck as soon as you reach midgame?
>>
patch drops in around 1hour
>>
don't care, still refunding parashit.
>>
File: 1452053483915.jpg (40 KB, 374x374)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>764850
Why are you buying it in the first place?
>>
>>764523
>>764529
I guess I was right, check stellaris on steam right now, there's a promotion
>>
File: Stellaris.png (29 KB, 637x542)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>764904
Nice, I still feel like I got absolutey scammed but I've been playing this game like crazy for the past few days/weeks so it was worth it
>>
>>764911
>not just buying the base game and pirating the DLCs
>>
>>764933
no joke, I was talking to my sister about this a few days ago, I even said that the highest I would possibly pay is £80, and lo and behold, the price for the entire game + all DLCS was £83 this sale.

I've been suckered into paradox DLC once before (Crusader kings 2) which made me stop playing it for a long while, but this time it actually felt worth it
I still think its a shitty business practice to cut the game up like this, but if you treat it as a single purchase the discount actually seems ok
>>
one of you faggots that actually owns plantoids upload the dlc folder to the russian knifefan site already
>>
>>764957
>Constantly talks about the superiority of pirate fags
>Can't even get a simple update in time
lmaoing at you
>>
>>764985
I mean, what kind of level of intellect do you expect from people who don't even know how money and buying shit works?
>>
I've honestly had more satisfaction with Wizards & Warlords as a strategy game, and it's not even in the same genre. Stellaris was a waste of time.
>>
>>765043
Wizards & Warlords is nice, but still needs lots of work. I like the dev though, very communicative, even added some qol improvements after my insight
>>
>>765043
>>765081
Hi, dev
>>
>>764957
just wait until gog-games has the update, shouldn't be more than a couple of days
>>
Anyone have a good DLC unlocker for this patch? Not sure if my old one got fixed or if I'm just retarded
>>
>>764455
Lmao why is this bad? It makes them actually worth getting
>>
>>765160
“Worth getting” kill yourself cuck. I can’t imagine how much corporate cock you gobble to think that a purely optional cosmetic dlc is now essential. To no ends are you a paradrone
>>
>>764985
jokes on you found the updated plantoids dlc (weird that neither humanoids or necroids were updated considering they also had content changed this patch) myself without spending a dollar
>>
>>765164
How the fuck is it essential? They add minor gameplay changes (new species traits and governments). Nothing like entire game system additions locked behind dlc. Jesus Christ I've seen a lot of contratians on this site, but you are the most pathetic one yet.
>>
>>765411
I guess anon meant essential in a case that if you want all game content related to game mechanics - now you have to grab useless before cosmetic DLC.
Which is their goal. Milk their dedicated fanbase even more dry.
Looking at how it seems to be welcomed, they will be successful.

Honestly Paradox is one of the lowest companies out there, I'm happy that my familiarity with them started and ended with Stellaris.
You are funding games as a service, I hope you'll enjoy your future of not owning anything and being at mercy of what developers think is good for you.
>>
>>765164
You sound mentally insane
>>
>>764312
I mean this kind of happens already since you eventually run out of building slots, district slots, and upgrades. at that point you can literally not do anything with that planet and you can just start ignoring it.
>>
>>758819
>3.1 releases
>save fucking dies because of tradition changes and mods
fuck
>>
>>765843
It sucks but I think the tradition changes make up for it.
>>
any first impressions?
>>
>>765972
Still sucks
>>
>12 Scrap Miners
>12 alloys, 24 minerals

>8 miners
>4 metallurgists
>12 alloys, 8 Minerals

Though with Nano Alloy building for +2 Alloys, metallurgists should still be better... unless the wiki isn't updated, it just says "from jobs", so if it includes scrap miners it would make them hilariously
>>
>>766027
Scrap miners are the ones on relic planets right? It would make sense for them to produce more resources.
>>
>>766058
shattered ring world origin, so you only get them on 1 ringworld segment
>>
File: Steam.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1036)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>765081
Agreed. It's moved on a lot from when I got it during early access about three years ago but it's not complete, I don't think, there's some problems with it. The dev is pretty based even if they probably never will let us exterminate specific races/cultures outside of impersonal razing because he's a leftist ideologue but I can forgive that because it's not forced in the game. You check out the gunpowder update? I haven't figured out how to summon dragons yet but I'm getting there. I hope we get a civilization mode eventually, where you play a kingdom and try to expand through mostly mundane means. I know he mentioned that in the shill thread he made but it wasn't very high on his priorities relative to updating the warlords, which, hasn't really happened much but them being non player factions occasionally is pretty cool.

>>765087
No I'm not the dev faggot I'm just nostalgic for the shill thread the dev posted about two months ago because it was comfy even though he never did follow back on his promise to correct the deployment bug where you can't mass-select select units when you're doing battles on a minor scale. Still less micro horse-shit than fucking stellaris. Keep sucking swedish cock.
>>
>>766058
>relic planets right
They really need to beef up the relic planet flavour. It's not a week start, but it's really dull considering your were supposed to once be a galactic spanning empire.
>>
The game won't let me offer vassalization even though they are inferior in military power and tech. It worked this way yesterday. Did the update make war even more annoying?
>>
>>758819
>new trailer comes up
>features things that have been added long ago
>people saying they need to relearn the game again
Am i having a seizure or something? Why arr they making a new trailer for nothing and why do people act like ot's a new thing? Is it because of the free weekend thingy or youtube fuckery?
>>
Should I get SD and megacorp on sale?, are they necessary for full experience?
>>
>>766413
Since it seems Paradox is gonna be adding gameplay content to even the cosmetic DLCs you're probably gonna have to obtain every single DLC eventually for the full experience, even if pirated.
Some mods just require DLCs for them to work, so there;s no way around it.
>>
>>766413
>Should I get SD and megacorp on sale?
Do you plan to play either a megacorp or machine empire? Because they're completely worthless outside of that.
>>
Brothers help me understand Grand Admiral. 500+ hrs, and it seems like the only two valid strategies at GA difficulty are either turtle until I snowball enough to overcome my opponents, or, rush military and take over a weak enemy in the first few years.
Is the game at "the highest difficulty" really that simple? What am I missing here?
Don't know why I thought the latest patch would change anything, but seems like the same old thing.
>>
>>766455
>either turtle until I snowball enough to overcome my opponents, or, rush military and take over a weak enemy in the first few years.
There's other strategies? Anyway, early game diplomacy is big so that you can get yourself some sugar daddies to protect you until you can catch up to the AI and surpass them.
>Is the game at "the highest difficulty" really that simple? What am I missing here?
Yes. The AI just gets a bunch of fat bonuses, it doesn't get any better at decision making. Shame scalable difficulty isn't better (like being able to pick the starting difficulty).
>>
>new patch
so did they finally fix the ai vanilla problem? or do you still need startech?
>>
>>766531
mods will always make the AI better, but they said the new patch "improved" it
>>
Do I need any of the dlc if I want to play fallen empire?
>>
File: 1628518808834.jpg (67 KB, 640x668)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>766710
>>
File: pbr_dog.jpg (173 KB, 625x505)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>766710
>>
>>766724
>>766733
i hear you loud and clear boys, thanks
>>
File: smirk.png (85 KB, 250x250)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>new civs are once again broken
sasuga PDX
>>
Whats your favorite weapons system and why is it energy weapons?
>>
>>766831
ngl I miss when you could put missiles on most ships
>>
>>759209
Stellaris has some good ideas and nice atmosphere, marred by really poor implementation (their vision of the game's mechanics was completely changed at one point so they redid a ton of stuff and it wasn't done all that well; plus, the usual DLC mechanic fragmentation leading to poor design) and really cringey "streamer bait" AI dialogue clearly designed to allow streamers/youtube faggots to have le fahnney reaction moments in their videos/streams.

Also they fucked up civics pretty badly at one point, when they replaced the Individualist - Collectivist axis (good) with Egalitarian - Authoritarian (shitty).
>>
>>766831
Energy weapons are for sissy aliens. Kinetic all the way.
>>
>>766831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzXfVgYCxWI
>>
>my russian DLC rip is suddenly not accepted by the game
fuck you PDX im not buying your shit
>>
>>766831
shortest range kinetic weapons on a cruiser or a battleship
If there was ramming or boarding I would use those

I kinda thing armies should be attached to ships and make boarding an actual mechanic to make armies more useful, and possibly even make an army designer like the ship designer where you add in slots for various army types, like adding an X-Ray laser for Grav-Tanks.
>>
>>763640
Did they even say why they decided to rename that axis? New names arent even proper opposites.
>>
>>765686
RISING UNEMPLOYMENT ON SHITROCK PRIME.

[GIVE EM GIBS]
[LMAO CRIME]
>>
>>767025
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/stellaris-dev-diary-54-ethics-rework.987286/
>>
>>767035
>Authoritarian replaces Collectivist and represents belief in hierarchial rule and orderly, stratified societies.
>stratified societies
>Egalitarian replaces Individualist and represents belief in
>individual rights and a level playing field.
The rewrite of "egalitarianism" just sounds like someone at the office was butthurt to be reminded that "liberatarian socalism" can never function for any society at the interplanetary scale presented in stellaris (or any scale beyond some cult commune of ~50 hippies). Thanks for the link.
>>
>>767050
>Not just redoing the ethics to have "Hierarchical" and "Egalitarian" as well as "Authoritarian" and "Individualist"
>>
should i be going with missiles or strike craft against the unbidden?
>>
>>767050
Or maybe the fact that it makes no sense for collectivists to be tolerant of slavery, when it's France and USA (the two big liberal, individualist revolutionaries) that struggled with abolishing it.
>>
>>767055
What would a hierarchical individualist empire look like, or an egalitarian authoritarian one?
>>
>>767458
>hierarchical individualist empire look like
megacorp
>or an egalitarian authoritarian one?
space commies
>>
>>767464
I guess commies would make sense, but how does a megacorp reflect individualism?
>>
>>767466
a drive for (((profit))) above all else
>>
>>758819
How is the star wars mod for this game? Can I play as the storm trooper guys and kill those pesky rebels???
>>
>>767458
>hierarchical individualist
That's just normal classic liberalism. Unless you think muh Founding Fathers were hypocrites when talking about freedom while owning slaves and democracy while setting up electoral college and only allowing land owners to vote.
>>
How's the new patch AI?
>>
>>767547
America has really gone to shit ever since universal suffrage so maybe they were right
>>
How are the performances now?
>>
Any new exploits in 3.1? I already know of the 'Gift of The Ferengi' in the diplomatic Tradition, what else is there?
>>
>>767657
Type "Stellaris" once in Youtube. Close the window. Your recommandations are now nothing but 20 different Stellaris twats posting ebin identical exploit videos about the same 5 exploits.
>>
Stellaris is a fun game :)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.