[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 116 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: paradox_going_under.png (70 KB, 630x500)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>Woman CEO stops being CEO and gets replaced by a man
>Company gets #MeToo'd days later

Is Paradox finally going under? No more shitty games. No more shitty mods.

>Article :https://www.pcgamer.com/majority-of-women-working-at-paradox-interactive-report-mistreatment-in-staff-survey/
>>
>>756304
swedes are literally incapable of speaking up to a woman, and they want us to believe they were mistreating them?
>>
>>756304
What's with all the metooing going on at dev studios lately?
>>
What the fuck does “mistreatment” even mean?
>>
>>756304
As much as I hate Paradox, way more than an -ism scandal to take down a game company (especially ones that make shitloads of money like paradox). Hell, even Bon Appetit managed to live on despite losing half their fucking staff to a racism scandal.
>>
>>756329
>you need way more than an -ism scandal*
fucked up the whole sentence i did
>>
File: pxxXNcqc_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>756312
>swedes are literally incapable of speaking up to a woman
>swedes
Paradox are big on hiring diversity
pic related
>>
>>756313
gaming """journalists""" need something to write about.
>>
>>756304
I imagine it went something like this
>Male coworker who makes less than you due to not being a diversity hire doesn't agree that the wage gap is real
>Accuse him of being sexist and anti-feminist, demand an apology
>He refuses
>Report mistreatment
>>
>>756390
The whole point of diversity hires is that they are paid less, otherwise there would be no point
>>
File: 1628354503071.jpg (15 KB, 320x307)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>756355
SIR DO NOT REDEEM THE BREASTFEEDING ROOM SPECTATOR BOOTH TICKET
>>
>>756313
just leftists eating their own
>>
File: 1619756748331.jpg (1.39 MB, 3640x1774)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
This wouldn't happen at a Japanese company. Only white women are this stupid.
>>
>>756432
why only white women are this stupid and suicidal? no other woman does this
>>
File: 1490499430596.jpg (68 KB, 699x485)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>756304
i bet the "majority of women working at paradox" aren't even majority women
>>
>>756313
It's the Cultural Revolution. When you're addicted to purges and you've purged all your enemies, the only answer is to broaden the definition of your enemies.
>>
>>756449
They aren’t. One of the so-called sexist incidents against a “woman” was someone misgendering some trannie
>>
>>756304
Who cares. About women or nu pdox.
>>
>>756448
social epistasis from individuals with high mutational load,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxWx5w44kgQ&t=2s
>>
>>756313
>>756329
Pretext to fire people that they don't like.
>>756448
They do actions that grant them high status and social approval. Good for families but bad for politics. They want women in every field since they can be controlled with agitprop and atrocity propaganda easily.

Show pictures of dead kids and you'll get them to support wars while importing war criminals.
>>
>>756312
Swedes? Sure.
It would be a shame, however, if they hired literally anyone, from any place on this planet, who was willing to move to Sweden to pick up a job in their studio. And if that was their main way of getting new talent and workers to the studio until about 2018.
>>
File: Where.jpg (75 KB, 576x489)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>756541
Zoomers do, ofc
>>
>>756313
Clickbait, both sides of American schizos love this.
>>
>>756313
I can't see it as anything other than hostile takeovers by the american religious cult of leftism.
>>
>>756312
kek. really?
>>
I used to mourn that I had considered not buying shares in them when they were 10 cents. Maybe now the nightmare is finally over.
>>
File: lul.png (9 KB, 698x376)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>757458
Try and find a country with a lower rated masculinity score
https://www.hofstede-insights.com/product/compare-countries/
>>
Paradox kino is back one the menu boys!
>>
>>756313
it's what happens when you allow women to speak.
>>
>>756304
It doesn't say sexual mistreatment, just mistreatment, love the vagueness, it could be anything.

Like how many women are team leads? Clearly, they should make all 10 women work there team leads over much more experianced devs.
>>
>>756304
lol that gamejournalist shit is a clickbait
according to this other article: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/union-survey-alleges-culture-of-mistreatment-at-paradox-interactive
Majority of PDX employes feel mistreated not just 22% of women who work there, but whatever only pussies matter.
>>
>>757662
>>756304
seriously? that's pretty fucking egregious reporting, even by gaming journo standards. fucking disgusting, "rich stanton" should commit kys asap
>>
>>756304
I love how all the articles I’ve seen bury the lede that approx 44% of *all* surveyed staff have reported some kind of mistreatment.
Could be some selection bias going on, though that 44% of the 133 surveyed is still 58ish people in a company of 400, and the number could be higher in reality.
Idk it seems bad that over an 1/8th of the company feels aggrieved in some way?
>>
>>756313
Western w*men and vidya creation don't mix.
>>
>>757672
If you feel mistreated, aren't you more likely to take the survey so you can vent about it?
>>
>>757735
Yeah that’s what I meant by selection bias.
Then again it was union surveys and aren’t Swedes very unionised? But that might not be enough of a factor to swing it either way.
I’m any case, in real numbers it’s near 60 people who have stated some grievance, which is a fair few I’d reckon
>>
>>757739
In my country, 47% of surveyed women report sexual harassment, I find this hilarious, because it most likely means their sample size was 100.
>>
>>756327
It can mean anything because it's based on how the survey taker believes they should be treated rather than some objective metric. Having worked in HR in the past and having been a part of similar surveys I can say that these things are pretty worthless even when your employee base is made up of people working in non-creative roles. I emphasize non-creative because we all know what a bunch of pussy ass bitches artists are, and I'm sure that most of the people who work for a video game company view themselves as such even if they aren't actually producing art assets.
>>
>>757745
I bet even Johan feels mistreated to some extend.
>>
>>756432
Its more like only white women have power over men, everywhere else in the world women generally know their place in the kitchen.
>>
>>756480
wait wut link ?
>>
r>>757672
game industry workers have been sounding off for years now about how shitty it can be. Crunch time in particular can make you physically ill or ruin your home life. I imagine that as publishing and monetization models keep changing, and stakes rising -- from a factory-floor perspective, probably for the worse -- the pressures and frustrations have only been on the rise. Search your memory for a single time when somebody said working in game development was a good idea and great career

I am pretty sure that a lot of the disrespect women workers THINK they're getting because of their sex, is actually the same disrespect EVERYONE is getting because of their positions. I don't think that means women need to sit down shut up, rather that men in the workforce need to grow some balls and object to authority themselves more often. It's not actually all that manly to stoically suffer getting kicked around for a paycheck, and if you work in vidya games you're basically a bitch anyway so why not be shrill and ungrateful about it
>>
>>757746
he's right
>>
>>756396
If only you knew how bad things have really gotten
>>
>>756852
>both sides are bad
Stop it. It’s leftists you dishonest fucking pussy
>>
>>756448
no, awalt. the only difference is the context.

our fathers and grandfathers failed a society-scale shit test, and now we're living in the ruins. it has happened before, many times in many places, and it will happen again.
>>
File: 1599089046315.png (152 KB, 875x520)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>758081
Thanks for proving my point, living parody of a retarded manchild.
>>
>>758042
>I am pretty sure that a lot of the disrespect women workers THINK they're getting because of their sex,
This is exactly the case, look at this for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/p8dgky/working_as_a_female_programming_intern_sucks/
The faggot deleted it for some reason despite getting thousands of upvotes, so take my word for it of what she wrote:
Basically, she complains that while working as an intern because her male co-workers, stole credit for work and her male boss had the audacity to explain to her how the code she wrote works. She describes herself as quiet, and never cites an example of her co-workers being sexist, but she is advocating that it must be because of sexism. Meanwhile, all the simp circlejerk and tell her "yep, the whole industry is still pretty sexists" and downvote anyone suggesting her shyness might be the contributing cause of her getting screwed.
>>
>>758081
You're being manipulated. Your tribal outrage against a boogeyman blinds you and makes you easily exploitable. It's not about reality anymore, it's about what makes you feel good about yourself, what confirms your assumptions and "journalists" know that.

But it doesn't matter. That anon has made an astute observation. Like schizos people like you have lost touch with reality. They're listening to the voices in their head that tell them who to hate and think they've got it all figured out. And in the end it's all because the algorithm wants another click for the blog or another minute on social media. It's grifters and marks all the way down on both sides.

Choose to be part of the solution or choose to remain ignorant.
>>
>>756304
>>Woman CEO
So it didn't happen when a woman was in charge or they put up with it because a woman was in charge? I'm confus
>>
>>758107
Oh fuck off with that enlightened centrist shit, you've already likely internalized shit that was considered radical 10 years ago by virtue of the overton window shifting
>>
>>756313
The embers of freedom spark many fires.
>>
>>758106
If sexism didn't exist, you wouldn't call her defenders "simps".
>>
Is is hoi4 so shit compared to the others? Paradox really needs to just lump it in with Vicky3 when it comes out.
>>
>>756396
What year do you think it is?
Diversity hires are for fulfilling government-mandate negro and woman quotas and for showing off your CSR goals to investors
>>
>>756313
One of two chances, either women in many gaming companies think too highly of themselves or many gaming companies are staffed with overly horny serial gropers, both highly possible
>>
>>757543
>A low score (Feminine) on the dimension means that the dominant values in society are caring for others and quality of life. A Feminine society is one where quality of life is the sign of success and standing out from the crowd is not admirable. The fundamental issue here is what motivates people, wanting to be the best (Masculine) or liking what you do (Feminine).
Who makes this shit?
>>
>>757543
Sweden NEEDS sharia law now.
>>
>>758042
yep, good post. i work in finance related industry (doing admin and taxes for employee benefits basically), really overworked with super stressful crunch time during the summer/early fall leading up to our deadline and it really takes a toll. my jaw is all fucked up from clenching my teeth in my sleep, headaches every day, usually gain a little weight during that time, etc. . recently my gf of 4 years broke up with me citing that she doesn't feel like a part of my life and we dont do anything together. she wanted to go on a trip this summer and i dont have time because i work overtime every single day and work weekends too and still i'm not on pace to finish all my tax returns. every time we would fight i was just totally checked out bc she was yelling at me and after 10-11 hrs at work i just didnt have the energy for it.

"crunch culture" or whatever buzzword you want to attach to it is genuinely life ruining stuff. 100% believe when gaming industry people talk about how awful it can be and it's odd to see some gamers mock them for being entitled or something. i also dont doubt that they experience sexism as most men are sexist as fuck. it's pretty weird that you could basically trigger 90% of /vst/ by posting that dyed hair woman at paradox in the Vicky 3 videos yet the same anons doubt a woman would experience sexism at work lol. of course they do they are working with turbo neckbeards who make grand strategy games.
>>
>>758230
sociologists

the only "science" faker & gayer than climatology
>>
>>758042
Never gonna happen in the games industry. There are more game design graduates every year than there are game design positions total. If someone says "These conditions are shit. I'm complaining about it!" then it costs you, as a studio, fucking nothing to replace them with some brighteyed fresh new grad who you can grind the life from for a couple years before replacing them with the next. For this reason, the average career length in the games is three and a half years. That kinda supply/demand makes standing up to authority pointless, because then you will be gone, and your replacement is unlikely to start complaining for a year or so.
t. former Games programmer, now making twice as much money for half as many hours in a real industry
>>
Broke: thinking these complaints were caused by the changing of the CEO

woke: realising that the change in CEO was caused by the complaints
>>
>>758270
Dude, you sound like a super reasonable guy. Why are you doing this to yourself?

I had the same experience as you, only in law. And after 2 years I said "fuck this, it ain't worth my soul, my health and happiness". Do what you must to survive, but beyond that fuck the hamster wheel. Money can't buy you happiness. People say I've wasted my education and career opportunities in the past 10 years, but my quality of life is through the fucking roof now that I run a small business and make my own hours (hint: they're single digit per week because I don't need a lot of money to get by).

You're wasting the best years of your life on adding another million to some asshole partner's net worth who doesn't even know you exist. Don't end up a husk for money.

Sidenote: I would bet money that biglaw is getting their #metoo sometime soon, and trust me, I hate gambling. Whereever there is power, there is abuse by entitled assholes.
>>
File: judy.gif (968 KB, 390x259)
968 KB
968 KB GIF
>>758189
Freedom huh?
>>
>>758434
>mockery
It was so bad that nobody had the energy to call him a faggot. There are no upboats here so if nobody replies he'll find no reason to post, hopefully.
>>
>>758107
>Choose to be part of the solution
the solution is dragging journalists into the street and beating them to death
>>
>>758306
You've made a mistake. You've posted this to 4chan, not reddit or twitter. Please refrain from being logical in the future. I know you offsiters aren't really brain damaged and I don't think you can handle the vicious retardation you're in for.
>>
>>756327
They were asked to do the job they were hired for
>>
File: Ebba and Fred.jpg (746 KB, 947x1331)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
>>756304
Woman CEO fucked the company up with rapid expansion into other countries with new studios, massive losses of investments on new games,cancelled games, development hell games(Bloodlines 2), bugs galore with rushed time frames on every DLC, substandard released games, demanding more "accessibility"(read:casual,mobile games and console ports of strategy games) etc.

Wester got voted in by the investors to retake control of the company after he stepped down for Ebba in 2018.
Stock prices rose 27% on the news.

This guy predicted this 3 years ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/aqh265/ebba_ljungerud_will_be_the_downfall_of_pdox/

>Found this, if you don't think that Paradox is going for the cash grab game. Think again. She built her reputation in the online gambling industry.
>If you don't think that Paradox will do EXACTLY the same as Ubisoft, Activision, EA. Think again.
>This has been and is becoming the industry norm.
>She herself stated she views "live betting and gambling" as the main "future".
>This is who runs the company now. This is who will ruin the franchises we love.
Video he talks of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-7Fr_HC08U&t=180s
>>
>company is megafucked whichever way the situation turns out
Welp vicky 3 will probably never be released bros, company will collapse before then.

Anyone got advice for getting rid of this stupid paradox launcher by the way or at least bypassing it for Prison Architect? Not a GSG, but it is a strategy (and a paradox game now, regrettably)
>>
>the people that responded were mostly witnesses to mistreatment
>>
File: r_ddit..jpg (17 KB, 705x130)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>758494
>This guy predicted this 3 years ago
god I hate reddit
she could get it tho
>>
>>756304
I'm just waiting for 2K Games Seoul to have something similar happen to them with women finding laxatives and semen on their coffee and coffee machines.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/aug/12/south-korean-politicians-seek-to-criminalise-semen-terrorism
>>
>>758550
kek
Always ignore people with better grasp on reality, because TV said those people are BAD.
>>
File: 1631170014628.jpg (664 KB, 1125x917)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
>>758574
>semen terrorism
>>
File: 1623293361265.jpg (115 KB, 1024x960)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
I still can't fathom to why Paradox is becoming whatever they're currently. They aren't always like this right? Everything just went to the shitter the moment they moved on the heart of Silicon Valley.
>>
>>756313
bored people that have nothing going on in their lives decide to ruin the company they hate working for instead of just leaving
if any of this was serious, it would have been brought up the moment it happened, but now that a chain reaction has happened, every single miserable person can fuck up a whole studio with claims
also majority of the devs are social retards with no restraint, so these headlines will keep popping up in the next years
>>
>>758095
>image
And even worse than that, to the autists, centrist just means you're literally half of both extremes, as if horseshoe politics had everything but the end pieces cut off, and they're welded together
>>
>>756779
Zoomers? More like millenials
>>
>>758107
A literal NPC
>>
>>758270
sorry about your awful job and shit life

and yeah I wasn't really trying to say that there isn't plenty of sexism in the industry in addition to general shittiness. there is literally anywhere. I mean no shit, there's gonna be plenty of nasty or easily misconstrued behavior in an industry of, by and for spergs. And since there's also plenty of thirsty lefty fags in the scene, I'm sure there's also plenty of creepy white-knighting and patronizing behavior that can be even worse. But because so many women are kinda used to this stuff, it's easy to understand why they might think it's behind any sort of work environment issue that bothers them. So, they're surely not wrong to have their guard up, but they're also sure to sometimes be overly cynical or paranoid about it

the problem is, when they raise issues about the work environment, the wrong issues might get addressed or papered over. It's easier to just hire some lady manager who has the right jargon and pat yourself on the back, than it is hire a great manager that can actually lead a healthy happy team.
>>
File: johan.jpg (110 KB, 800x800)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>757746
t.jewhan
>>
>133 respondents
>26% or ~34 women
>44% of the total 133 claimed to have received "abuse or mistreatment" including 69% of the women
>meaning ~23 women and 35 men out of ~400 employees total responded in the positive
So, nothing?
It's not even sexual abuse they're talking about, although it's framed as such.
Not sure what they defined "abuse" and "mistreatment" as, or if at all.
If you ask "have you ever received abuse or mistreatment" you're gonna think of that time your coworker said you drove a shit car, and answer "true". This is a total nothing.
>>
>>759088
>anon doesn't understand statistics
You're right that mistreatment is a pretty broad category, but you're also the only retard that would answer true for your question.
>>
>>759117
he understands it better than you, considering that even a child would understand that malcontents would be oversampled
>>
>>759132
He's assuming 100% of malcontents are sampled, which is pretty impressive oversampling.
>>
>>759088
>>759134
Well I assumed that the survey was offered to all members of the company and the majority of people who had experienced grievances would respond, because why wouldn't you?
>>
>>759156
Oh yeah, if it was a company-wide survey then there's definitely oversampling.
>>
>>759088
>>759117
>>759132
>>759134
For christ's sake, have you done questionnaires before? They don't ask you super vague "DO YOU FEEL MISTREATED? YES OR NO?"
There is no point in researching something like that broad.
It is probably 20 detailed questions like:
>Have you witnessed your peers receiving preferential treatment? If so, please give an example below.
>Do you recall higher up acting hypocritically? If so, please give an example below.

And then score average.
>>
>>758107
I hope the people around you if you have any appreciate the white noise that is your mouth breathing and opinions.
>>
>>758279
This
>>
>>759166
>They don't ask you super vague "DO YOU FEEL MISTREATED? YES OR NO?"
you fucking what
yes they do
>>
>>756304
This is called a coup. They're just trying to force out a male CEO.
>>
without Paradox grand strategy wouldn't exist. Be grateful
>>
>>756448
they are coddled
>>
>>758095
>I don't like either of them
>one side is just hecking right, yaknow?
>>
>>758081
Not that anon but this particular clickbait news article is pretty blatant at playing both sides. People who already hate women will hate women more after reading, people who already hate men will hate men more after reading. People who know most of these "women" are lying trannies will have their hatreds reinforced as well. Those who like vidya will click because they hate Paradox, those who don't like video games will click because they hate video games. The media propaganda machine absolutely knows what they are doing.
>>
>>756355
booba
>>
Classic paradox

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/pjslu2/classic_paradox/
>>
>>756448
All women are emotionally and intellectually underdeveloped. White women are also put on a pedestal, so their stupidity is celebrated.
>>
>>756355
Is this a faggot or a tranny? I honestly cant tell anymore...
>>
>>756448
Did you already forgotten about how just last year two Norwegian/Swedish leftarded female 'womyn reichts' activists got gangraped and beheaded in Morocco?
There was even a livestream on Facebook going on as it happened you know...
>>
>>759726
Anon, that was 3 years ago. And neither of them was Swedish. And there was no gangrape. And they were there as tourists, not activists. But other than that - what a brilliant example those two freak murders are for denouncing half the population as stupid and suicidal! And sure, dozens of men got beheaded live on stream by ISIS faggots in the same period, but those two women, those alone stand for all their sex.
>>
File: tekashi69.jpg (79 KB, 800x533)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>759088
>69
>>
>>756448
megalia in korea makes it clear you're wrong, and that's a population that has a literal existential threat right on their border
>>
>>758979
WTF is wrong with Finland?
>>
>>756304
Shit article. It is a survey that is sent to union guys, which are in the union because they probably already had complains. "Mistreatment" is a very vague term. And it is not that women are mistreated more, it is because they complain more.

I wonder what will come out of this from paradox's side
>>
>>758971
>sorry about your awful job and shit life
lol thanks. rereading my post it sounds very "woe is me". i was just corroborating what you were saying about shitty work culture being a broader problem. i'll probably get called onions or whatever but i consider the thesis of feminism to be basically correct (in addition to basically every other "cuck" viewpoint about race, class, etc.). however, plenty of women i know irl can be very reductive and make everything about gender relations. like, yes, patriarchal oppression weighs on you, but that is a constellation of factors and doesn't necessarily translate down to the level of individuals e.g. a man at work saying something that you perceive to be a microaggression, when that man is more or less just as powerless as you are. hiring more female CEOs is a non-solution and thinking that you can fix sexism by purging all of the "bad men" is laughable. it's literally not their fault that they are sexist (genuine sexual predators are a different story of course). when i see this issues discussed it's like the claims being made are not nuanced enough and the anger is being directed at the wrong people.why should men be upset that women are speaking out about poor working conditions? i see men do this strange thing where they identify with the boss rather then understanding they are in fact the "bitch" in their situation. idk if i am explaining myself well but yeah i am basically just agreeing with you.

>>758349
hm, thanks for that. i was actually considering pivoting to law (my friend just started attending law school and keeps telling me he thinks the LSAT was specifically designed for me to do well on it lol). sounds like that wont solve my problem though. what do you do if you dont mind me asking? due to the nature of my job my clients are basically all small business owners and i am well acquainted with their financial situations. many of them do quite well for themselevs and it does make me a little jealous..
>>
File: joke.png (765 KB, 820x939)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
>>756312
>swedes are literally incapable of speaking up to a woman, and they want us to believe they were mistreating them?

Maybe it's time you stopped being an ignorant idiot.
The swedish game dev industry is dominated by old while dudes that still cling to nepotism. Women are pretty much not even given the time of day.
Paradox in particular primarily has socially awkward men as their devs (being a programmer and autistic about strategy games is basically mandatory),
>>
>>758107
jesus christ, its actually terrifying how right hitler was about people like you, journalists and the jewish last names that keep popping up in relation to this dumb shit. The lying sycophants that produce this social democratic garbage havent changed at all since the 30's
>>
>>762737
>what do you do if you dont mind me asking?
This and that, mostly moving lots of money around and keeping some of it. A little consulting, but mostly backoffice work. My business is in b2b IT. I'm decent with computers/office software/programming/network architecture but the true expert knowledge comes from my employee while I do mostly contracts, invoicing, accounting, taxes, etc. She makes way more money than I do, but then again she works a lot harder as well. I do the same backoffice stuff for the 2 apartments I've started renting out. Work comes in bursts and some days I put in 12 hours, but there are some weeks where I literally do nothing gainful at all. I have no idea how to replicate it, I think I got lucky with fairly loyal business customers (just going by how I've coasted through the pandemic so far) and a good employee. It's a bit hard because law is such a regulated profession (can't do much without being a lawyer) and most of my other skills are not good enough to sell, so just following my stregths I'm mostly relegated to the backoffice which is far from the usual path of SMB entrepreneurs. Usually they have a marketable skill and outsource the backoffice stuff while I do basically the reverse. The occasional lawsuit is a ton of fun though as I never have to lawyer up and get to play with the court system again going in pro se. Disputes get a lot more relaxed if you don't have to fork over a 10k retainer just to get someone to look at your case.
>>
>>756304
>hire zero women
>majority of women at your company decide they're not being catered to enough
>no problem
I would sinply not hire a single women
>>
>>762918
Then you get in trouble for a different reason.
>>
You people are outrage all outrage obsessed, easily manipulated, mentally ill freaks. Hope you all die someday soon.
>>
>>758656
california and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race
>>
>>762964
seethe
>>
>>756304
please fuck em up gals WOOOOOO
>>
>>762964
hey
I'm not a freak
>>
VICTORIA 3 HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA
>>
File: 1627561001354.jpg (17 KB, 314x374)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>756304
>>
>>756304
>Recent departure of Ebba Foreignnamen is apparently unconnected
Rich Stanton, it's not nice to tell lies, you yellow journalist.
>>
>>756432
Shit like this honestly makes me want to live as an immigrant in a not-shitty country.
The West is falling, and they don't even know it.
>>
This is so clearly a palace coup it is not even funny.
>>
>>762794
Good. Women can't be trusted in male spaces to do anything but undermine and gather evidence for the inevitable cancel attempts.
>>
>>762920
No, I wouldn't. My legal team would be all-male, and there for far superior to the womans on the opposing council. We would counter sue for damiges
>>
>>762794
>(being a programmer and autistic about strategy games is basically mandatory),

That 90's stereotype of a dev is long dead.
>>
>>764847
Honestly, with all #MeToo and Blizard shit, why would anyone hire a single woman for your company? At least in IT-field, there is no shortage of male workers, for every woman you hire you expose a risk of her getting triggered by random shit and then deciding to vent about your company after quitting and getting #MeToo attention, doing permanent damage to your company's reputation.
>>
File: 1322818215125.jpg (76 KB, 801x839)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>759750
>there was no gangrape
>>
>>764973
Gets you a different perspective and makes it easier to market towards the other half of potential customers. If you let techbros work by themselves you get "solutions" like Google Calendar by default sharing menstruation cycle entries publicly (which it actually did at one point iirc).

>At least in IT-field, there is no shortage of male workers
Say what? Maybe if you include people who barely know how to code and yet call themselves programmers, but there's a substantial lack of well-educated and smart software engineers.

>getting #MeToo attention, doing permanent damage to your company's reputation
Right, because that totally happens. If the CEO is a sleazy rapist your company deserves to go under (see Weinstein), but any other (non-criminal) accusation has had zero lasting impact so far. It's theater. A media circlejerk where your company rep has to make a concerned face, then you have HR write up a roadmap with bullet points and that's that. Things blow over in two months, nothing actually changes. Name three companies that had their reputation "permanently damaged" because of a random female hire getting triggered and spouting bullshit. I couldn't.
>>
>>765024
> If you let techbros work by themselves you get "solutions" like Google Calendar by default sharing menstruation cycle entries publicly (which it actually did at one point iirc).
extremely based, wish I had been part of that dev team they probably have wild parties and get a lot of pussy

>other half of potential customers
And when you are making games with a 90% male audience? PDX and Firefix pandering to women have been utterly pathetic, and a complete farce. When you try to appeal to everybody you appeal to nobody.

>Say what? Maybe if you include people who barely know how to code and yet call themselves programmers, but there's a substantial lack of well-educated and smart software engineers.
Bullshit. Each IT-job has like 100 applicants 90 of them are men, even most qualified happens to be a woman (which is statistically unlikely itself) they are not signicantly better than the best male applicant.
>>
>>765064
>And when you are making games with a 90% male audience?
That wasn't the question. The post I replied to generalized to every company. Most companies tap into whatever markets they can find and boy, there are a lot of women out there (been recently getting spammed with YT commercials trying to make beer drinking cool for women - I assume because the male market is saturated and being the first company to really break into the other half of the population would be sweet revenue). And even for companies catering to a 90% male audience it's not a bad idea to get a fresh perspective and someone who thinks differently than your techbro orthodoxy into QA. Not saying they should be design lead, but many companies lack people questioning unspoken assumptions by the devs (which are more often than not wrong).
>Each IT-job has like 100 applicants
[citation needed]
And if it were true, why aren't IT people making minimum wage then? Probably because of those fictional 100 applicants there are 50 who don't know what a loop is and a further 30 who can barely write one. Maybe gamedev is an edge case because young men think it's some kind of a dream job and apply for underpaid positions only to find out it sucks and the crunch kills, so the good ones eventually move into other sectors at triple the pay for half the hours and the bad ones wash up and stay. But in the general market good IT people are *very* sought after and very well compensated for it.
>>
>>765083
He's right about IT, but mostly low level helpdesk shit. You make shitty money and never get any raises unless you leave your job
>>
>>765083
>And even for companies catering to a 90% male audience it's not a bad idea to get a fresh perspective and someone who thinks differently than your techbro orthodoxy into QA.
Those other 10% like those games the same reason the other 90% do. Overall I am unimpressed with you saying the same mistakes everyone makes over and over again when they enter marketing. We already know people do not branch out much from their favorite games regardless of sex. In fact, the willingness of people to branch out of what they like is extremely difficult to cultivate for video games, so we love people who buy any games for any other reason like copying their favorite streamer or youtuber.
The real reason for the attempts at mass appeal outside naivete is primarily to get people to buy games they won't return within the golden period for most profit, even if they do not play more then a little bit of it.

Bit of trivia: Do you wanna know what a hardcore gamer is to a marketer? Someone who plays (and willing to buy that doesn't necessarily mean they will) everything and before I left we got them pegged down to be roughly about 500,000 out of the entire US population.
>>
>>765191
>>And even for companies catering to a 90% male audience it's not a bad idea to get a fresh perspective and someone who thinks differently than your techbro orthodoxy into QA.
>Those other 10% like those games the same reason the other 90% do. Overall I am unimpressed with you saying the same mistakes everyone makes over and over again when they enter marketing. We already know people do not branch out much from their favorite games regardless of sex.
What company do you work for that lets QA people make design choices that change the demographic appeal of a game? 90% male audience does not mean 90% 20-40yo techbro software engineers. You need people who think differently than your developers in QA, otherwise they overlook the same bugs, quirks and edgecases.

You are engaging a strawman argument. Originally I wrote
>Gets you a different perspective and makes it easier to market towards the other half of potential customers.
You get hung up on the second part, thinking every woman hired automatically means the product will change catering towards women. There's a first part too where my basic premise is nothing more or less than there being a place for women in a company where they can contribute meaningfully by offering a different perspective (regardless of whether the final product is aimed primarily at men). Software QA would be such a place.
>>
>>765207
>you need vaginas because they think differently than men which is inherently a good thing
Why? I thought you guys say that we're all the same?
>>
>>765207
>What company do you work for that lets QA people make design choices that change the demographic appeal of a game?
Marketing and QA don't exist in an independent bubble, as much as I'd like that to be the case. Only thing I have left to say is that women are hired to bring the perspective of women, that is the reality and everything you are saying is just the politically correct roundabout way of saying it.
>>
>ctrl+f "techbro"
>six matches
what is it with this guy and people working in tech? why does he hate them so?
>>
>>764973
>why would anyone hire a single woman for your company
because the government levies harsh penalties if you don't
>>
>>758494
Does this mean Stellaris will finally stop being shit?
I don't have any other Paradox game, just others published by them.
>>
>>765402
How do you prove you are discriminating against women? As long as your work application doesn't say "NO WOMEN", it is nearly impossible to prove anything, you can just say all the women who applied weren't good enought.
>>
>>765299
Race isn't real, but white people are genetically predisposed to be devils and should be exterminated, women are the same as men but must be treated like delicate flowers and absolved of all responsibility for their own actions lest they fail and fuck up, etc etc
Liberal ideology is built upon doublethink
>>
>>764973
>Honestly, with all #MeToo and Blizard shit, why would anyone hire a single woman for your company?
PI isn't getting metoo'd, retard. Also, the little bit of flak that game journalists want to give PI is being heavily contested even by redditors.
>>
>>765665
Never said they were, retard-kun.
>>
>>765673
It was heavily implied, brainlet-kun.
But you seem too cowardly to argue this point now.
>>
>>765676
it wasn't faggot, you are asserting shit, you are borderline delusional
>>
>>756313
Maybe there's simply a bunch of guys at Paradox who're assholes to women, and the women finally have a chance of being heard. A few of the assholes disappear, the rest are warned, life goes on. Everyone's always gotta blow shit out of proportion, conspiracy theories and I don't know what kind of fucking lunacy this place is filled iwth nowadays. Making mountains out of goddamn molehills until they can't see anything but mountains anymore.
>>
>>765730
BELIEVE ALL WOMEN WOMEN WOULD NEVER LIE TO RUIN ANYONE'S CAREER BECAUSE THEY'RE PURE INNOCENT CREATURES
Also, lmao "conspiracy theories", good job regurgitating a CIA meme that was pushed in response to people asking questions about the JFK assassination
>>
>>765596
yeah and then they book you anyway
you're applying criminal trial evidence requirements that they have no obligation to meet
>>
>>765739
Did NASA land on the moon?
>>
>>765744
>he thinks the moon exists
this place gets more bluepilled by the day
>>
>>765755
Take the moonpill.
>>
>>756312
Fpbp
>>
>>765755
>He think we exist
Kek, you will never wake up from coma with that mentality
>>
>>756304
I do not give a fuck. All i, and others, care is a final product
>>
>>758279

just because you dont understand it doesnt mean its not real, my low IQ friend ;)
>>
>>756304
Whaaaaaa why won't the only major grand strategy development studio dissolve because they put too many women in muh strat games.
>>
>>762794
oh no the horror... not old white dudes... anything but that... we can't have old white dudes being in charge of anything. they need to be gone like yesterday
>>
>>765330
what's to like about smug coastal elites wanting to replace democratic government with algorithms and trying to regulate speech in the name of a "better future"? fuck techies!
>>
>>765330
How come that people that dont like a profession refer to it's practitioners as "x"bros? You see this all the time with stuff like "financebros" or "brogrammers", do these writers think this actually hides their seething over the fact that they couldnt get into the profession themselves?
>>
>>762794
>Women are pretty much not even given the time of day.
arent we talking about a company that just got done having a female ceo and is currently brought to its knees by foids?
>>
>>762835
The only thing Hitler was right about what napping social waste byproduct like you and putting them in a factory
>>
>>756304
>Is Paradox finally going under?
Who is going to supply the edgy autistic 14 year olds with map games now?
>>
>>768346
cry about it
>>
>>768420
Paradox is a big company. You'll get a few companies that will want to try to corner that niche.
>>
>>768490
>Paradox is a big company
*small family company
>>
>>762794
Sweden is the most progressive country in the matter of company hiring and treatment. Hope she sees this bro.
>>
>>757662
>>757672
what reason does an employee have to not report feeling mistreated? at worst things stay the same at best they treat you better as a stunt
>>
>>768732
At worst the start keeping track of how many extra minutes you spend on break, playing with your phone on the toilet, leave early, and other breaking of minor rules and shit can you for that.
>>
>>765024
>Gets you a different perspective
funny how men were successfully selling products to women before they started working
>>
>>768736
companies already do that unsolicited and why would that specifically be the response to someone filling out a survey?
>>
>>768741
Unless you are bad at your job or are extremely replacable and they want a high turnover rate of low wage kids, they let that shit slide unless you are pressing your luck with it.
>>
>>765024
>any other (non-criminal) accusation has had zero lasting impact so far
I work at a London law firm and I can tell you that this is not true. You are utterly delusional.
>>
>>756327
Everything in range from politely asking to do their job to physically beatings, depending on what accuser dislike at that particular moment.
>>
>>771481

Having senior partners at a shindig with hot trainees and booze flowing is a recipe for disaster lmao
>>
>>768739
but muh menstruation cycles!!!
>>
>>771481
Funny how you quotemine a response to
>getting #MeToo attention, doing permanent damage to your company's reputation
yet don't address
>Name three companies that had their reputation "permanently damaged" because of a random female hire getting triggered and spouting bullshit.

You'd assume someone who professionally deals with complicated documents would have some basic reading comprehension, but we're talking about public reputations that have been permanently damaged. You don't need insider knowledge to judge that as the impact by definition has to be right out in the open. So you should be under no professional NDA to discuss the impact of #MeToo cases on *public* reputation. Go right ahead and list all the examples of big companies with tarnished reputations because of random women making shit up. I maintain there has been "zero lasting impact" so far.
>>
>>771945
activation-blizzard
>>
>>771536
actually it's a recipie for a good time.
>>
>>772209
blizzard is reeling because sjws are wearing the brand name like a skinsuit, not because sjws are saying sjw things.
>>
>>766530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_WoYXHkDlQ
>>
>>761770
The text is in swedish
>>
File: 543.jpg (64 KB, 630x589)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>765024
>If you let techbros work by themselves you get "solutions" like Google Calendar by default sharing menstruation cycle entries publicly
We know who was behind this
>>
>>765024
Weinstein is a fall guy for the worst people and Weinstein didn't even rape anyone. He solicited lewd acts through consent for movie roles and making it
>>
>>772209
Too soon to tell whether their reputation was "permanently" damaged and they were already pretty low because of the Hong Kong/China fiasco to begin with (I saw a way bigger backlash to that in my circles). Not a lot left to be damaged to be honest, and for some of their audience (namely from the Activision franchises like CoD) it's hard to see them caring at all. We'll have to see.

But being extremely charitable and assuming people still care about this shit in a year (heavily doubt it) that's 1. Now for two others...
>>
>>772561
>Now for two others
I dont really keep up with gay ass news like that. You want a list? unironically ask reset era
>>
>>773152
I think you overestimate the power of SJWs. People forget because they are not 'lashing-out' with genuine principle.
>>
>>756313
cultural marxists. anything with enough eyeballs on it suffers the same fate.
>infiltrate
>take over
>shit things up

many such cases.
>>
>>773152
>I dont really keep up with gay ass news like that.
Exactly! Proving my original point of >>765024
>Things blow over in two months, nothing actually changes. Name three companies that had their reputation "permanently damaged" because of a random female hire getting triggered and spouting bullshit. I couldn't.

If you're not even tangentially aware of such companies, whatever damage happened apparently either wasn't very public or very permanent. Companies don't get their reputations permanently damaged by #MeToo stuff because consumers simply don't care and forget as soon as the news cycle moves on. Thinking otherwise is (ironically) hysteria and nothing more.
>>
>>759720
Its a Paracuck, so objectively worse than both combined
>>
>>773380
Not really related to the point you're discussing, but #MeToo certainly damages innocent individuals, which frankly is an even bigger concern than company reputation. Companies are made of people after all.
>>
If you check paradox career pages you will see how they embrace diversity and ask everyone (read: anyone but white males) to apply. If there is a gender specific mistreatment, it sure is not against women
>>
I don't support having threads like this on /vst/. They attract low quality posters.
>>
>>773950
Well your mom attracts low quality men so I guess it all evens out then.
>>
>>773950
Bumping them keeps them on /vst/, retard. Go post in one of the threads that actually discuss strategy games that die after 10 posts.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.