[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 96 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: euiv.jpg (1.31 MB, 2560x1440)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
What mods allow you to play after 1821 without all the tech and events ending?
>>
>>749164
Veritas et Fortitudo

But if you actually play past the 1800s, you have autism
>>
>>749167
I just want to continue with the plans i had for my scandinavian empire.
>>
anyone have a fun, small nation to try in Anbennar? If not is the harpies a good monstrous nation?
>>
>>749164
convert to vic2 and manually clean up the conversion
>>
>>749349
Gnomes, dwarfs, and elves are all fun and relatively small starts.

A one-province interesting start could be that mage island.
>>
>>749364
I've already done Venail and formed the ram rider dwarves. Gnomes could be interesting enough. otherwise I may try the forest elves
>>
How does Japan work in the MEIOU 3.0 alpha?
What triggers enables daimyo to actually fight each other?
>>
>>749387
More like, how tf does M&T 3.0 even work at all? I still play 2.5
>>
File: cali.png (78 KB, 280x280)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
Are they really not going to fix NA natives blobbing and making colonization impossible? wtf
>>
>>749844
colonization is racist
>>
>>749167
>>But if you actually play past the 1800s
this, I usually quit my runs before the age of revolution or if I get coalition'd
>>
>>749844
disable conquest of paradise, that should fix it. its stupid as fuck that you have to disable a dlc you paid for to making part of the game playable though
>>
>>749850
I know you can fix it, either by the method you mentioned, or with some mods on the workshop. I was asking more about why pdx hasn't fixed this glaring issue when 1.31 was released 4 months ago and the last patch almost 2. do they really think it's working as intended or are they too retarded to fix it?
>>
>>749856
small indie company please understand
>>
Recently began a Mzab run
It’s 1480s and I’ve taken Alicante and Jativa from Aragon, Most of Tunis, Tlemcen, Fez, and Morocco’s coast.
Formed Algiers for kingdom rank.

An issue is Castile allied Austria and France in addition to Portugal, so I’m thinking my next move will be to attack Portugal and get rid of Castile’s alliances though I’ll have to be quick since Portugal is also allied with England

Not posting a screenshot because I’m on my phone and it’s getting late
>>
>>749856
They don't care. Even glaring issues form Emperor DLC are still not fixed.
I'm pretty sure they'll announce next DLC cashgrab in 6-9 months.
>>
>>750059
Are you sure? I don't think paradox can survive many more blunders like the last one. At least, Johan's Paradox Siesta won't survive.
>>
File: 1628709616354.png (1.01 MB, 1200x733)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>take all of a tribe's tribal land and vassalize them
>hand it back to them as proper provinces since I can't core it anyway
>start diplo-annexing
>they abandon all the land I gave them and return to one province
>still somehow supporting their 13k stack of liberty desire
What the fuck is this mechanic?
>>
File: 1586567970438.jpg (97 KB, 1440x810)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>750372
>Provinces change from 100 dev to 6 upon annexation
>>
>>750568
That's why you want them to reform.
>>
>>749179
So just convert the save to Victoria II retard
>>
>>750333
From the last DD

>To repeat what I said in April on how Tinto will handle further development of EU4.
>*) Paid Features should be standalone, and easy to maintain.
>*) No major feature reworks while we still have lots of bugs
>*) Reducing the bug-count as much as possible.
>*) Add more content, like missions, graphics and music
>*) Flesh out the parts of the map that have not gotten attention the last few years.

>What does that mean for us right now? Well, we’ll soon be talking about the missions that will come in the next paid update. Speaking of that, the next paid update will be missions, graphics and music, while the coders will be spending their time fixing bugs, doing quality of life improvements, balancing and improving the AI.

So yup, next DLC already announced and will contain no gameplay features at all (so pure cashgrab). And the terms "roadmap" and "further development" don't exactly sound like they're planning to stop anytime soon. Tinto was probably specifically set up to shit out content as cheaply as possible with Spanish interns (one of the EU countries with the highest unemployment).
>>
>>749179
if you cant achieve all your goals in the games timespan you're just bad
>>
>>750623
i personally will appreciate them not adding any shit they call as "gameplay feature", especially in dlc, because it being in dlc makes it twice as worse than it could had been.
>>
>>749179
Fair enough. Just keep in mind that the systems in EU4 make it so that the 400 years you're given are more than enough to complete anything you might want to achieve. Starting new runs to see what you can do to be faster and more efficient than the previous one is half the fun.
>>
>>750629
I will personally appreciate them finally putting EU4 to rest like they should have done 3+ years ago when it still had some dignity left. Literally running the game into the ground trying to squeeze every last penny out is only causing more and more people to sour on the franchise and the company.

But hey, retards appear to still be paying, so what do I know.
>>
>>750636
Yeah, but now they've forced themselves into a corner as a business. The only way to make an EU5 that isn't a massive downgrade is to spend ages adding all, or at least all the good, features that have taken them the better part of a decade to fit into EU4. Plus, if they try to keep the EU cash stream going while it's in development, they have to add all the new DLC to both games, making it take even longer, which in turn leads to more things to add. But if you do that, you end up releasing a game with (according to you) ~$500 worth of content for a price people who aren't suffering from sunk cost fallacy won't scoff at. And then you have to come up with more useless bloat DLC for it anyway, so what's the fucking point?

The only alternatives are to make it terrible and featureless on purpose and hope people will sign-up for a decade of slowly re-paying for a game that already exists, which they're currently testing out with CK3, or to actually respect their creation and make it complete from the get-go, which would mean they can't afford to sit around having poor Spanish boys suck their dicks eight months a year.
>>
>literally nobody joins the HRE now, not even the emperor's vassals bordering it
>vassal swarm causes the engine to go full toaster
>to get the +5% administrative efficiency mission, you need to wait until a major Christian country goes revolutionary, meaning 1720s or later
>monuments mean you're better off blobbing from the start anyway
Is there any point to playing Austria now?
>>
>>750707
is there any point to not play ottomans from your standpoint?
>>
>>750695
>Yeah, but now they've forced themselves into a corner as a business.
How so?
They'll continue to shit out endless DLC and with a playerbase this large there'll be enough sales to keep printing money. Then after Vicky 3 they'll start development on EU5 and repeat the cycle. Like they did with CK. CK2 had a shitton of really bizarre DLC and had long run its course. Then they dropped CK3 and now the cycle starts anew.

All these people claiming Imperator was a gamechanger, that their business model is unsustainable, that Leviathan was a breaking point. Have you learned nothing from years and years of PDX shenanigans? Nah, it's just more of the same. As long as people keep paying, they'll keep shitting out DLC. Ratings and player sentiment be damned. It's a for-profit company. The only language they understand is their bottom line and so nothing will ever change. There is no "corner" as they are still highly profitable. A vocal group of players hating their guts and their business model is not something that goes into the annual shareholder report, so it simply doesn't matter to them.

>they have to add all the new DLC to both games, making it take even longer
Why? That's nothing but wishful thinking on your part. New engine, solid foundation, make it accessible to new players and ship it. Then start the power and feature creep with endless DLC all over. There is no finite number of features. That CK3 includes some stuff from CK2 DLCs does not mean CK3 is a more "complete" game. They'll just add different stuff.
>>
>>749387
It has something to do with the Ashikaga getting betrayed, but as far as I can tell, the event chains aren't fully implemented yet.
>>
>>750722
they'll reach a point where the new playerbase is so little compared to the total playerbase that they won't be able to remake a game with zero content to milk with a gazillion dlcs. imo they're almost at that point
>ck3
ck2 was still relatively a niche game compared to the others. incest simulator memes and such made it go really popular on release, so a lot of new people got onto the game and are fine with the whole dlc shenanigans because they're new to the game
>vic3
victoria 2 is really old, most paradrones and casuls basically have never played it, so they'll be able to milk it as well
>eu4 and hoi4
now we get to these games which imo are already beyond the pump-and-dump cycle. they're obviously the most played games with i think a fairly constant playerbase, they're already famous and established games so there won't be neither a "oh look i never knew about this game" nor a "it's a remake of an old game so its ok"

i mean, sure, there'll always be some paradrones, but they're not enough to economically justify the business model they're using. or, at least, they won't earn as much as they've earned these years
>>
>>751365
EU4 is bordering on "really old" as well. 8 years and it won't be another 2-4 years before an EU5 would be done (since they'll finish Vicky 3 before even announcing EU5, if that is even the next game). That's more than a decade of players that grew up post EU4 release. Look at CK3: make it shiny, slap a better UI on, make it more accessible, play up the memes a bit - BAM, giant new demographic. You think there's not the same untapped market of people looking at EU4 and thinking "it's so complicated", "it's so old" or "it looks so bad"? You're telling me all the streamers burnt out on EU4 won't come back and generate hype for months for an EU5? It's different now. EU4 still comes from an era where AARs were the most common way of sharing gameplay and that doesn't even compare to what's available now in terms of roping mainstream players in. Also there's a brand, a marketing budget, etc. It's not going to be an arcane map painting game that travels by word-of-mouth in niche circles. EU5 will be huge and it'll allow them to start their cycle from the top.

CK3 was in the top 20 best selling games on Steam last year, HOI4 and EU4 still in somewhere top 50-100 despite the only new release being fucking Emperor. Let me repeat: 7 years after release and with a single shitty DLC EU4 is in the top 100 selling games *in the world*. I doubt there's even a way for them to fuck up EU5 so badly that it wouldn't immediately become a top 20 selling game the year of its release. EU is a triple A franchise, people don't need a reason to buy a sequel.
>>
>>750722
The "corner" is their options as developers and their current profitability is what put them there. They can't just put their cash cows down with dignity because artistic integrity doesn't show up on shareholder reports either. CK3 was announced alongside the experiment with making CK2 Free to Play and making the DLC a subscription service so they can keep making money off it without actually having any devs on it, and I'm willing to bet they only got CK3 approved because of that. A new game is a risk, even moreso when a vocal group of players are always going on about boycotting their games.

CK3 has a lot of stuff in the base game that you had to pay extra for in CK2, you can't milk that stuff a second time. Even so, the core playerbase still complain about it being bare and many prefer the finished game that they're no longer paying for. And all the new players coming to the franchise are now paying $50 for the new game instead of $500 for the old one. Unless you're massively expanding the playerbase with the new game, it's just not worth it. More DLC is cheaper to make and generates a more reliable profit stream.
>>
>>749360
How do you do that?
Do you need to load up the game and use console commands to swap counties/regions or do you need to edit the equivalent of a .txt file with a million lines and provinces referred to in numbers?
>>
>>749844
>fix
But anon, that change was to fix them :]
That and what they did with Aboriginal/Polynesian natives was pretty stupid
>>
So is it playable yet, after last dlc/patch bullshit or do i still have to unpatch the game to 1.30
>>
>>750707
>Is there any point to playing Austria now?
They're the only nation that can reliably be the emperor
They have a strong start and get to just own two other countries almost immediately

Why do you care about admin efficiency? The new governing capacity mechanic makes blobbing suck eggs
>>
Today I learned that if the DoW window is open, you can still use a CB even after it expires. This is handy if you have a diplomat returning or are waiting the month it takes to declare a second war and some fucking native tribe tries to migrate away your CB.
>>
>>751724
Depending on who you ask you should downpatch to 1.25 or 1.24 anyway. Just set it to whatever version you have fond memories off and uncouple yourself from their forever-development policy. That way the game will always stay as good as you remember and it never asks you for money.

Been playing on 1.25 for many years now. Still love the game and getting to laugh at idiots getting disappointed by patch and patch and DLC after DLC is a nice bonus. You literally could see this shit coming from several miles away and yet people keep buying into the hamster wheel and get their expectations up. Surely *now* they'll fix everything and surely the *next* new features will be awesome and balanced!
>>
I have to keep funneling all the wealth of the Mediterranean and all the gold shipments of the new world into paying my Russian PU's debts because their corruption is through the roof. I hate vassals so fucking much.
>>
>>753903
fiction imitates reality
>>
AE is ruining this game for me right now
>>
>>753953
remove it then
>>
>>753953
Are you playing in Europe? The problem isn't AE there, it's the fucking HRE.
>>
File: ae modifiers.png (29 KB, 1286x312)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>753953
Open defines.lua in the common folder with a text editor and you can change that.
>>
is the newest patch good yet...
>>
>don't get called to arms when my colony gets attacked even though it's a crown colony
>colony gets annexed by injuns because they get the very hard AI bonuses but my colony doesn't
that's pretty funny, and just the excuse i needed not to bother with colonies anymore
>>
>>754341
as good as it's going to get
>>
>>754348
you can enforce peace on the injuns when they attack your colony, getting pulled in as war leader if they refuse
>>
>>754187
Well yeah, AE with the fucking HRE

>>754076
>>754335
That would ruin the game too. It'd be too easy
AE just needs to chill a little
>>
>>753953
Stop playing in Europe. I recommend India or Japan.
>>
File: image.png (33 KB, 859x352)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>754520
you can tweak it down a bit, if you want, in defines.lua file
>>
Are there any historical instances of people using the best cb?
>>
>>754607
Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu, Sengoku CB is the best
>>
>start as Delhi
>finish the mission tree
>can form Hindustan
>turns out the Hindustan mission tree is literally "ah, so you've conquered India? Congratulations, here's some extra loyalty for your estates"
>Hindustan ideas are good (advisor cost reduction, better infantry, better discipline) but nothing out of this world
Are there any advantages to forming Hindustan? I have the feeling that after conquering India, Sri Lanka and parts of Persia, I'm better off culture-converting to Khurasani and forming the Mughals...
>>
What do you guys think of becoming Jerusalem with Provence? Jerusalem has the crusader mission tree so you get to conquer all the land that Ottomans conquer while having the PUs of Provence. I couldn't see on the wiki if you are able to form France with Jerusalem. If you can, it would be dope to form France for the mission tree and having the bonuses of previous countries.
>>
>>754654
Jerusalem isn't an end-game tag, you should be able to.
>>
>>754607
not exactly the same era, but the easiest example that comes to mind is the German Reich invading neutral Belgium simply to circumvent France's front line. twice.
>>
>>754654
Yes, you can form France, but keep in mind that France needs to disappear first.
One of my runs I went Provence->Jerusalem->France->Roman Empire.
Jerusalem's Holy War CB it's pretty nice.
>>
>forming rome removes all your cultural group's accepted cultures
>only your primary culture shifts to Roman
>no flavor
>no unique interactions with the HRE/Russia
I can't believe I just spent so much time for a shitty mediocre formable.
>>
File: eu4_lSyAgg990R.jpg (585 KB, 1920x1080)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
I had no idea this could happen with the new succession, makes sense though given that we were at war together against Austria
>>
>>755307
Anon, where's the Bohemia PU and why don't you own Königsberg?
Don't tell me you don't want to form Prussia...
>>
File: Cavalier-Chan.png (541 KB, 945x1222)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
anons
I have a itch to play some EU
should I play EU#3 or 4?
and if 4 which version? and which dlc turned off?
>>
I'm doing a Hussite Prussia run with monastic order government reforms and the new divine ideas. The rulers you get are nothing special but the extra 20% morale from the government type + divine ideas are insane. Already won 2 huge coalition wars and i'm expanding without caring about AE anymore
>>
>>754440
yeah i realized that the 2nd time it happened, but thanks. it's just ridiculous that you have to do it; the message is so easily overlooked. i could accept it if it was a private enterprise or self-governing colony, but not a crown colony
>>
File: 1599.png (3.44 MB, 1920x1080)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB PNG
M&T 3.0 news: They've finally gotten DG to a working state while running efficiently. Next closed alpha will feature DG, which is likely the last closed alpha version before the open alpha release. Upgrade your toasters!

Call for autists: They're asking for help for NIs for the following regions:
>Northern Italy barring Milan
>the Balkans barring Greece & Hungary
>India except Punjab/Kerala/Telegu/Bengal/Gujarat
>mainland SEA barring Vietnam
>China 2.0
>Korea
>Japan
>Tibet
>Scotland
>Philippines
Some of these regions already have 3.0 NI sets, but need reworking.
>>
>>755723
>protestant ireland
>>
>>755723
That's a nice looking religious map for 1599. I appreciate actually protestant scandinavia and north-estern HRE, some protestants in France and also most of Europe still being catholic. You knw, the stuff that simply does not happen in the base game. How much scripted is the spread of reformation?
>>
guys
just started eu4 and i am bit overwhelmed
any advice?
i used play eu1&2 a lot and played some eu3 long time ago
>>
>>755958
>core and state new territory to get all the benefits
>disinherit when you have a shit heir
>collect trade at your main node, transfer trade from nodes that point to it
>use diplomats to improve relations so other nations don't get pissed and join coalitions once they're below 0 relations
>optimal set up is half infantry half cannons once you reach mil tech 16. Before they, go all infantry with maybe 1 or 2 cav
>>
>>755774
>How much scripted is the spread of reformation?
Probably in line with the old DG, except that Centers of Reformation are back. The Catholics even get one through the Counter-Reformation.
>>
>>755958
The game is bloated with buttons that don't do anything terribly interesting. I guess just keep in mind that badboy is now aggressive expansion. You can send diplomats to friends to increase relations with them or enemies to fabricate claims on them. You have to spend administrative monarch points to core provinces, but if you vassalize countries (or release a vassal) you can annex them with diplomatic points. All cavalry armies don't work. You shouldn't have more than 2 or 4 cavalry in an army early game and no cavalry late game.State stuff in your subcontinent and trade company provinces outside it. The trade company buildings that increase production efficiency are totally worth building. Look up how absolutism works and how you can use the court and country disaster to your advantage. There's so much to say, but you need to play the game a bit so you can ask more specific questions.
>>
>>756460
>>756201
i kind of feel like i am playing idle game
>>
>>756688
Play a non idle nation like France or Byzantium to Rome, then.
>>
>>756688
that's how it feels when you're new to it because it takes time to see all the opportunities you're missing
>>
>>755723
Update: No substantial performance hit from DG since the base religion population system is there already.

A bunch of autists working for free have not only managed to optimize performance for their existing code, but have also managed to add a major feature without introducing large amounts of lag and bugs.
Fuck you, Paradox.
>>
>>756802
>>756803
nah
i think i will just pass on this game
>>
>>749349
harpylen and elayenna are both fun, but if you're looking to play a monstrous nation in bulwar I'd highly recommend shadowdreamer into karashar
>>
File: 20210907105535_1.jpg (647 KB, 1920x1080)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>Ibadi Church
>>
>>756889
I think it would be best to wait a bit before playing anything in Bulwar, the next update seems to be focused on some more Escanni mission trees and new mechanics for Old/New Sun Cult.
>>
File: CRASH.png (924 KB, 702x827)
924 KB
924 KB PNG
>Mali now has the option to crash Europe's economy
kek, fucking based
>>
File: CRASH1.png (997 KB, 793x792)
997 KB
997 KB PNG
>>756919
>>
>>755723
>Tengri Saami
>>
>>756893
old/new sun cult both have their features now if you're playing on the bitbucket version
>>
File: bognog.jpg (64 KB, 950x633)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>756919
>>756923
>Mali can now DUMP IT.
>>
>>754645
there isn’t a single country in the game that isn’t better off forming mughals. you form other countries for flavor
>>
>>756923
Holy fuck I’m so sick of the myth of king rich nigger and his royal sand castle. He wasn’t that rich, 90% of the stories about him are made up by leftist rifles does who have to give the niggers at least ONE thing in history that shows they have an intelligence above animals and can actually do things other then sit around and get enslaved by everybody they meet
>>
>>757359
I'm sure /v/ would love to hear more about it.
>>
File: La_goblina_diabetica.png (23 KB, 485x443)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>757359
>myth
>>
File: dd_mali_estate.png (395 KB, 659x399)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>756919
>>756923
This is really fucking dumb. All this shit is really fucking dumb, and I guarantee they don't even think about multiplayer whatsoever with this shit.
I can only presume the rest of the Africa shit is going to be a giant retarded meme instead of being at least somewhat reasonable, so I'm just done at this point with this god-awful fucking game and these Catalonian monkeys in charge of this shit. I'll check back in when they move EU4 studio work back to Stockholm or at least somewhere that isn't fucking Barcelona. Fuck Johan and fuck his vacation studio.
>>
>>757465
In multiplayer, wouldn't everyone just dogpile mali first?
>>
File: image.png (286 KB, 492x440)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>757465
> I can only presume the rest of the Africa shit is going to be a giant retarded meme instead of being at least somewhat reasonable
> is going to be
> only rest of the Africa
good morning, anon, the whole world is a circus already. doesn't hurt to give clowns brighter and bigger noses and wigs
and community loves circus, even there are anons that are asking "what is a point to form a clown with white nose", because they expect that if they press "paint your nose white" decision, they will get retarded superpowers in a second
>>
>>756919
>>756923
I really can't see any way how this could fuck up the game. It seems properly thought out and balanced and I'm sure it will be thoroughly tested before the release.
>>
>>757509
everyone is stupid
everyone but me
>>
How far is the Sub-Saharan content rework going to go? So far, it looks like a meme an intern cranked out because they realized they hadn't done anything there in years.
>>
>>757560
I expect them to include even Kongo. Basically all the east coast. It's just a wild guess tough.
>>
>>757564
*west coast. I'm still half asleep.
>>
>>757560
All of it probably. Unless they think they can split it in half and charge people for it twice.
>>
>>757566
If they're willing to do that, I've got the money for it. More starts, more religions, and more places to care about expanding to/from in this arcade game.
>>
>>757567
>implying it won't be utterly broken for several months so long that you forget about it and play something else anyway
>>
>>757569
Broken how? Despite all of the complaining I've heard, I haven't actually encountered any issues with Leviathan itself.
>>
>>757572
OK than.
>>
how to win battles guys?
I can't win battles even if I have 3 to 1 advantage
also what tech is best for war?
>>
>>757578
Watch these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O63oZQpKt_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gutDqekiqc
>>
>>756919
>>756923
Stupid meme crap, that's why I don't play current version anymore.

>>757560
>>757564
Technically they only have West Africa left. The last Africa rework was 1.16 (Mare Nostrum) and they did most work in East and South Africa. Most notably they settled Madagascar with a bunch of tags, when it used to be uncolonized. Some patchnotes:

>Sub Saharan Tech group renamed to West African.
>Added Central African Tech group.
>Added East African Tech group.
>Added provinces and many new tags to Eastern Africa.
>Added provinces and many new tags to the Congo Basin.

1.16 they also added the following achievements:
>Kushite Restoration - As a Nubian culture nation, own the entire Egyptian region as core provinces.
>Golden Horn - As a Somali nation, fully own the Horn of Africa region and have a monthly gold income of at least 10 ducats.
>Kuban Cigars - As Kuba, own or have a subject own Havana and be the world's leading producer of Tobacco.
>Victorian Three - As Busoga, Buganda or Karagwe, reach administrative, diplomatic and military technology level 32.

I think West Africa has been well covered, even inwards to the African Great Lakes. Kongo might be ripe for a rework (read: hilariously overpowered mission tree) and if they plan on doing it, it wouldn't make much sense to separate it.
>>
>>757011
They're probably changing that to Shamanism sooner or later.
>>
>>757578
Occupy enemy mountain and hill provinces, scorch earth them, and wait for the enemy to walk into them. That makes them enter the province more slowly so you can often beat them there and get the defensive bonus. Also, make sure you get your military technology asap. It's huge early game. Look up how much of an advantage each one gives you if >>757581 doesn't tell you to appreciate how much it matters and why you should fear an opponent with more military tech than you.
>>
>>757583
>I think West Africa has been well covered
It hasn't. Not in the slightest. They have a decent province count, but many of those are, for some unknown reason, 1/1/1 or 2/2/2 livestock provinces, even in areas which should be booming population centers, and since Nigeria is positioned by the equator, the most population/polity-dense and influential region on the continent is reduced to only a few provinces, albeit with some respectable dev in Hausaland. With government reforms covering "Tribal" tags and distinguishing between those and actual States/Nation-states, they should drop the "Tribal" demarcation from more of the tags and make groups like the Fulani, the Southern Mande, and the Akan permanent fixtures on the map, usable from the 1444 start date. The coastline shouldn't be uncolonized, the Trans-Saharan trade needs to be a real thing worth fighting over, there need to be full expansion routes into Central Africa from Nigeria and Tchad, and provinces shouldn't start with the "Slaves" good. It's trash. Put in oil/soap/spices/dyes/fur/cloth/paper/leather etc. like a normal person.
>>
>>757611
>provinces shouldn't start with the "Slaves"
Why exactly?
>>
>>757620
the slave craze only started when Euros started dumping gunpowder weapons en masse
you should get slaves from raids or war or laws
>>
>>757620
Because, looking at the historical forms of bonded labor, the peonage and contracts in a country aren't "Trade goods". They're just a supply of labor to help produce goods for store or sale. Domestic labor transfers would be for the sake of improving harvests, most often, and the lack of compatibility between European chattel slavery and 15th-century African forms is more an abuse of a loophole than anything. It doesn't make sense for the nobles lording over an area to sell their labor supply wholesale. Not voluntarily. Most slaves obtained from the continent were obtained through war, which is an entirely separate mechanic in the game, with the exceptions being criminals or a few outlier apprentices back before villagers in Igboland and Senegal cemented their opinion of Europeans as cannibals.
>>
why wars and battles so shitty in Eu4 bros?
>>
>>757635
Because it's an arcade game that needs to be playable on household PCs.
>>
>>757636
i just can't play it
its just to immersion breaking
>>
>>757638
Can't help you.
>>
>>757583
*I think *East* Africa has been well covered.
>>757611
Should have been clear from the context, but still my bad. Like I said, West Africa is left and due a rework, no doubt.

>The coastline shouldn't be uncolonized
Oh god no. Colonizing used to be my favourite aspect of EU4, before they went crazy and every little tribe is now a full-blown nation state (ie tag). So yeah, that's probably what's going to happen.
>>
>>757632
Slaves are justa resource to be exported the same way as naval supplies or cloth are. Since EU4 has no way of represnting actual popualtion working being shifted I don¨t see an issue with having slaves as a resource that serves as a way to determine trade node values.
>>
>>757647
I meant to write: ...working or being shifted...
>>
>>757647
>Slaves are justa resource to be exported the same way as naval supplies or cloth are.
Cloth and naval supplies are worked into end goods that serve a direct purpose. Slaves are labor that can work towards any goal for an unstated amount of time, and would normally be self-sustaining. Moreover, it implies a continuing labor surplus that somehow, nobody in the world can actually benefit from.
>Since EU4 has no way of represnting actual popualtion working being shifted
Razing, centralization, colonization, "Expel Minorities", dev clicks...
> I don¨t see an issue with having slaves as a resource that serves as a way to determine trade node values.
The issue is that they're not a resource. They provide labor, the same as any other human. They compete on the labor market, and heavily corrode the politics of labor in any country they're brought to. They reduce the value of labor in said countries, reducing the bargaining power of commoners, and possibly opening roads for more people in those areas to be reduced to some form of slavery due to insolvency.
That's besides the point though. They aren't a good in their own right worth gold. They represent the promise of future potential earnings, as a self-sufficient investment. It's the reason you don't have "Shares" as a trade good in Holland, or "Loan profits" as a trade good in Italy.
>>
>>757632
Aren't slaves in EU4 based on triangle trade stuff? They're not meant to represent a domestic workforce, they're plantation labor for colonizers.

Tradegoods don't generally change (a few exceptions have been introduced in recent patches). So a province good has to represent the most iconic export for the whole timespan from 1444-1820.

Spice islands didn't put spice production into overdrive until Europeans arrived either and if you're playing a SEA island nation you probably would domestically use the land for food or something, not for mass-producing cloves. Yet spices/cloves is the tradegood in 1444. It's an abstraction, not a historical message about what was strictly happening irl in 1444.
>>
>>757657
Yeah but there's no labor simulation going on in EU4. Goods are not made through labor of pops. They jsut exist. Well they don't even exist as a actual object. Trade goods are just a measure to evaluate trade node worth. And also they add some income directly. If the game supported system that would use population to make goods as a transportable obeject that can be exported or imported it would be different case. Of course IRL salves are a source of labor and cloth is just goods but in the game they are exactly the same thing.
Also razing, centralisation, colonisation (and especially dev clicks) don't simulate population. Development does not directly equal to population. It's just very abstracted value of well development of certain area. It wouldn't even make sense if it was just population since it would mean monarch can somehow spawn thousands of people out of thin air in any part of his realm.
EU4 is not Vic2 and should not be treated as such.
>>
>>757666
It's time for eu4 to take the meioupill and do whatever they did to simulate multiple trade goods per province.
>>
>>757666
Exactly this.
>>
>>757666
>Aren't slaves in EU4 based on triangle trade stuff?
You'd think so, but slaves are all over the continent, and then also in Crimea. It's weird.
>They're not meant to represent a domestic workforce, they're plantation labor for colonizers.
That's worse for the trade model then. You're then selling labor for a market you can't benefit from and have no reason to fuel. If the "Slaves" good makes up a majority of goods in a node, you specifically have to have buyers from a country with a colony between the latitudes of Maryland and Northern Argentina, using provinces with such high output and further processing down the line that a continuous strain is placed on the slaves present, such that there's a constant need to import labor to compensate.
Inland states can't match that, so it would need to be a special good, fueled by wars and instability, and restricted to the Atlantic nodes.
>Tradegoods don't generally change (a few exceptions have been introduced in recent patches). So a province good has to represent the most iconic export for the whole timespan from 1444-1820.
Again, the issue is that slaves aren't a trade good. They're a labor source. The most iconic trade goods are spices, dyes, cotton, cloth, ingots, oil, and oil-derivatives.
>Spice islands didn't put spice production into overdrive until Europeans arrived either and if you're playing a SEA island nation you probably would domestically use the land for food or something, not for mass-producing cloves. Yet spices/cloves is the tradegood in 1444. It's an abstraction, not a historical message about what was strictly happening irl in 1444.
Spices work because they're a trade good. Slaves aren't, and they don't even pay well as goods. 3.00? Weak. I'd rather just have them make ingots or produce spices. It'd be less retarded to do.
>>
>>757670
>Yeah but there's no labor simulation going on in EU4. Goods are not made through labor of pops. They jsut exist.
The Goods Produced calculations exist to cover that and explain what's happening at each point. It's the reason a 5/9/5 Naval Supplies province can do so much better than a 1/1/1 Paper Province.
>Of course IRL salves are a source of labor and cloth is just goods but in the game they are exactly the same thing.
Yes, and that will never makes sense.
>Also razing, centralisation, colonisation (and especially dev clicks) don't simulate population. Development does not directly equal to population.
It just has some iffy correlation to it.
>It's just very abstracted value of well development of certain area. It wouldn't even make sense if it was just population since it would mean monarch can somehow spawn thousands of people out of thin air in any part of his realm.
The other side of it is the idea that populations literally don't grow outside these occurrences, which is more absurd, seeing how the introduction of Potatoes led to a massive population boom in Europe.
>EU4 is not Vic2 and should not be treated as such.
I won't, but the idea of what slaves are needs to be remedied. I have 0 clue why I would, as a monarch, sell my own citizens, my tax base, and my work force, to a neighboring, enemy state instead of using this clear population surplus to boost the domestic production of a good that'd actually be valuable. I'm not going to handwave it. It's nonsense at its core.
>>
>>757677
>slaves are also in Crimea
Becuase massive amounts of Crimean and Circassian population was forced to be slaves in Ottoman empire ffs.
>I have 0 clue why I would, as a monarch, sell my own citizens, my tax base, and my work force, to a neighboring, enemy state instead of using this clear population surplus to boost the domestic production
Well you'd have to ask those african monarchs and tribe leaders why they did it. Maybe they didn't read Economics 101 like you????
Do you even understand that the game is not trying to be simulation of actual real life events but a just a very bloated Risk game? There are 1000 worse exapmples of nonsensical simplification in the game then slaves trade good.
Also applying 21th century knowledge, logic and moral values onto the 15th century Africa is seriously stupid.
>>
>>757687
>Well you'd have to ask those african monarchs and tribe leaders why they did it.
They didn't. They sold enemy captives to coastal arms dealers. They didn't sell their own citizens to their neighboring enemies.
>Do you even understand that the game is not trying to be simulation of actual real life events but a just a very bloated Risk game?
I have no clue what this game is trying to do. I've never played Risk.
>There are 1000 worse exapmples of nonsensical simplification in the game then slaves trade good.
Only ones that come to mind are the Mandate of Heaven and religious rebels, so shoot.
>Also applying 21th century knowledge, logic and moral values onto the 15th century Africa is seriously stupid.
Do you think things happen without a reason? Someone just says, "X is the way it is just cuz'" and you lap it up. Astounding. Apply your mind and find root causes to expose the flaws in your worldview, or you'll spend the rest of your life caught in silly lies.
>>
>>757681
>my own citizens
Someone else's citizens. I think part of the abstraction is that those slaves came from endemic warfare. Why would you sell your slaves to Europeans? Because Europeans have manufactured goods (GUNS) and prestige goods that you want. You're enriching potential dangerous enemies, but no one can (or wants to) see into the future. We can't even resist making bad long term decisions in the pursuit of short term profit now with more perfect information and think tanks to analyze it available to us. What hope did they have?
>>
>>757692
also
if you don't buy guns somebody else will do and then you can't defend yourself and gonna be sold
>>
>>757692
>I think part of the abstraction is that those slaves came from endemic warfare.
Then tie it to the looting mechanics already in the game and separate it from the trade system.
>Why would you sell your slaves to Europeans? Because Europeans have manufactured goods (GUNS) and prestige goods that you want.
They had mass-produced goods, mainly. Stuff was cheap. Also, huge purchasing power from both mineral wealth and Indian cowries.
>You're enriching potential dangerous enemies
They didn't become dangerous until they discovered quinine in South America. Before that point, even setting foot on dry land could be the death of a pure-blooded European. They even had stories about Portuguese trying and failing to bring artisans to Kongo specifically because they would get there, "the air/continent" would get them sick, and then they'd die. Even in the 1880s, there was quite a bit of room for things to have turned out differently. I wouldn't paint it as this sort of tragedy.
>>
>>757673
What M&T 3.0 isn't perfect, either, investments are spread out over property types (not industry slots), and goods are lumped into simplified categories to improve performance. The former makes it hard to focus on one industry (can't invest solely in Spices even if all other farming properties take on losses). The latter makes it difficult to model shifts in preference for food late in the timeframe.
>>
>>757689
You are severly autistic or baiting. Either way I'm done with this. This is my last response. You can try to press your "issue" on the offcial forums if you feel it is really that big deal.

>They didn't. They sold enemy captives to coastal arms dealers. They didn't sell their own citizens to their neighboring enemies.
Again there's no way in EU4 to simulate selling enemy captives. The reality is simple: there were slaves being sold in Africa and it was a big deal for the whole world ecenomy of that era, same as spices in Indonesia or gold in Mesoamerica. That's why all of these they are in the game represented as trade goods. The game DOES NOT have any kind of simualtion for trade goods being made and sold. It's just a modifier.
Also I doubt that your 21th century concept of citizen can be applied to the 15th century Congo.

>I have no clue what this game is trying to do.
Why are you so hell-bent on some trade good changes if you don't even understand the concept of the game?

>Only ones that come to mind are the Mandate of Heaven and religious rebels, so shoot.
Development, fucking trade system as a whole, combat, atrocious fort ZOC, religious conversion and especially culture conversion, colonies, royal marriages and inheritance, supply lines, alliances (every alliance being essentially NATO type pact), wars (every war being a total war ending in occupation of the whole country), inflation, loans,...

>Do you think things happen without a reason? Someone just says, "X is the way it is just cuz'" and you lap it up. Astounding. Apply your mind and find root causes to expose the flaws in your worldview, or you'll spend the rest of your life caught in silly lies.
I...what? How is this related to my post? I just said that your 21th century worldview and knowledge are not applicable in 15th centruy Africa becasue these people didn't have the same economic and humanist concepts of state and society. They simply didn't and therefore didn't act according to them.
>>
>>757708
>preference for food
I think they have a script that changes crop production.
>>
>>757711
>I think they have a script that changes crop production.
That changes what's automatically planted in provinces to what's suitable to the terrain. I was referring to sugar displacing fruits traditionally used as sweeteners or preservatives in Europe.
>>
>>757709
>Again there's no way in EU4 to simulate selling enemy captives.
Overlords of CNs can mark compatible regions for the slave trade. Tags at war with countries whose capitals are in those regions may receive (after agreeing to a deal) a loot efficiency bonus to grant extra gold with a chance to permanently cut the province development in devastated enemy provinces.
>Also I doubt that your 21th century concept of citizen can be applied to the 15th century Congo.
If you mean Kongo, they knew which people were rightfully a part of their nation. Nri even adopted a pro-refugee abolitionist policy around the time the slave trade began to really kick off.
>Why are you so hell-bent on some trade good changes if you don't even understand the concept of the game?
Because I play the game well enough to know what it does do and how it does it, and I want to see this bit fixed.
>Development, fucking trade system as a whole, combat, atrocious fort ZOC, religious conversion and especially culture conversion, colonies, royal marriages and inheritance, supply lines, alliances (every alliance being essentially NATO type pact), wars (every war being a total war ending in occupation of the whole country), inflation, loans,...
Thanks for the reminder.
>I...what? How is this related to my post?
You're too gullible.
>I just said that your 21th century worldview and knowledge are not applicable in 15th centruy Africa becasue these people didn't have the same economic and humanist concepts of state and society. They simply didn't and therefore didn't act according to them.
No, but they did still recognize certain key things and the implications of the trade. The King of Kongo wanted to at least heavily stifle it when he saw the living conditions of chattel in Sao Tome, according to his letters to the Pope. For that, the Portuguese governor nearby paid and armed mercenaries for an invasion. The monarch died during that invasion for his unwillingness to promote the trade.
>>
File: Triangle_trade2.png (170 KB, 448x327)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>757677
>and then also in Crimea. It's weird.
It's not. It's literally the only province outside of Africa and for a well-known historical reason.

>Again, the issue is that slaves aren't a trade good. They're a labor source.
History doesn't care. Slaves are literally one of the edges of triangle trade. The game tries (and admittedly fails) to apply a well-known historical model that requires slaves being traded out of Africa. Whether it makes sense calling them "goods" is really just splitting hairs. The point of fact is the period-appropriate iconic export of certain African regions were slaves.
>>
>>757725
>The game tries (and admittedly fails) to apply a well-known historical model that requires slaves being traded out of Africa.
It doesn't. It just overwrites actual traded goods with emigrants from wars that don't happen, for colonies that don't use them, with a tech system that doesn't acknowledge such a trade exists. Since the only actual reference to the trade is nonsense, just give up on trying to force it and put normal goods in so I can min-max those instead of selling my subjects wholesale.
>>
>>757728
You know what would be more absurd than having slave trade goods that don't feed into any production system? Not having any reference to the slave trade at all. /gsg/ would collectively pop a blood vessel and die, which might be for the best. You know what, I support your plan.
>>
>>757611
>>757632
>>757681
>>757698
>>757719
>>757728
Ahhh. Now I see. It's you! It was you all along.
The Congo fag. The black history worshipper. The eternal niggaboo.
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>757728
>actual trade goods
I don't see little dudes on the map growing grain, weaving cloth, and mining iron.
>a tech system that doesn't acknowledge such a trade exists
It'd be neat if Africans trading with Europeans got guns or, being realistic since this is paradox we're dealing with, a big, shiny modifier to combat values. Don't cash crops get a trade value modifier to represent increased production from the triangle trade? And of course Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands and England get the trade income since they're the protagonists of the game.
>>757736
I was thinking about accusing him of being disingenuous and just bobbing and weaving, saying what ever he can think of to keep a fig leaf over his desire to just get rid of slaves, but that didn't seem charitable.
>>
African nations have too much development and acquirs tech too fast. America too.
>>
>>757744
Roll back to pre-Leviathan
>>
>>757465
production efficiency doesn't even apply to gold income
>>
>>757744
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1881890980

It's not perfect by no means but still better then vanilla.
>>
>>757779
>devs don't understand their own game's rules
small company please understand sir
>>
>>757791
the privilege wouldn't even work properly with intended balance if it was goods produced, which is the only modifier besides autonomy that effects gold income because -10% goods produced inherently scales with the development increasing in a way that production efficiency doesn't
>>
>>757465
>they don't even think about multiplayer whatsoever with this shit.
What a fun hating faggot you are. If people don't like it in MP they'll make rules against it. Don't get your panties in a twist
>>
>>757895
>Rulesfaggotry
It's like TF2 all over again
>>
>>757895
I don't see what's the appeal of this shit even in singleplayer. It's going to be a dumb meme with a novelty value of one or two runs before it gets old. They learned nothing from Leviathan with retarded shit like Majapahit's global subjugation CB and are just putting in le wacky kooky mission tree powers for the sake of it so some YouTuber can say "haha wow isn't this so overpowered xddddd". The economy bomb will be either absurd or useless, and it has no affect on North Africans that would pose trouble for you much as Europeans would, and the estate shit is so hilariously overpowered with no real consequence that it may as well be a developer-baked cheat for the player.
The fact these developers think gold mines are affected by production efficiency just shows how incompetent they are at balancing whatever they put in. They will put in shit for shits and giggles and then fix it afterward. They're not going to properly test anything they put out. And the funniest thing is that we are going to end up waiting until late spring or early summer just for them to shit out something of Leviathan quality and do fire control all over again.
>>
>>757934
>nooo don't do fun things it'll just get boring once I play the nation 50 times
>>
>>757940
The game already gets boring the moment you're strong enough to beat the great powers in a fight, do you really think a button that instantly kills them is going to make the game more interesting?
>>
>>757940
Tell me how it's fun.
>>
>>757971
>>757979
because it adds something unique to the playthrough no other campaign has, the rp aspect of being rich and crashing the economy is fun, knowing you're dicking down everyone else is fun and crippling them for years to come is fun. Same reason people think Prussia is fun. One gimmick (strong soldiers vs economic dominance) making the playthrough feel unique. Unless you're the kind of person who's already played hundreds of thousands of hours and are jaded to the game, I guess
>>
>>757736
Is this a new Marvel character?
>>757737
>I don't see little dudes on the map growing grain, weaving cloth, and mining iron.
You can see where caravans of goods are headed it you zoom in with the trade map.
>It'd be neat if Africans trading with Europeans got guns or, being realistic since this is paradox we're dealing with, a big, shiny modifier to combat values. Don't cash crops get a trade value modifier to represent increased production from the triangle trade? And of course Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands and England get the trade income since they're the protagonists of the game.
That'd actually be somewhat neat. I proposed something like this back on the forums.
>I was thinking about accusing him of being disingenuous and just bobbing and weaving, saying what ever he can think of to keep a fig leaf over his desire to just get rid of slaves
I'm fine with slaves being in the game, but not just slapped on in such a lazy way. PDX can either model the Triangle Trade, or just drop it altogether, but limiting it all to Africans producing low-value slaves (as opposed to ingots or other specialty products from the areas, which would decidedly pay out better) for Colonial powers to get a Tariff bonus with is dumb.
>>757779
>>757796
>>757934
Production efficiency isn't there to buff gold income. It reflects the lubricated economy you find as a result. Goods producers find a more plentiful market for their goods, and if you can limit the impact of inflation, you find a kindly improvement for your economy. It incentivizes you to invest in GP modifiers, since they stack multiplicatively. Personally, I think gold and silver should be differentiated so a country can use gold to keep inflation in check.
>>
>>758140
are you retarded, the production efficiency debuff specifically only applies to gold producing provinces, it's not a global debuff, and since gold income isn't effected by production efficiency (and production efficiency can never go below +1% anyway) it does literally nothing
>>
>>758160
>are you retarded, the production efficiency debuff specifically only applies to gold producing provinces
I missed that detail. Thought it would work along the same lines as Mali's PE NI. If it only applies to gold mines, it's just a shit design.
>>
>>757611
>most population/polity-dense and influential region on the continent
>somehow has less influence on world history than ethiopia other than creating an underclass in every place in the Americas the slaves they exported arrived at
west africa a shit
>>
>>758170
>somehow has less influence on world history than ethiopia
Turn on the radio for a moment. If it isn't classical music playing, it's a genre created or heavily influenced by West African diaspora.
Additionally, they provided the base model for states and religions in the West and Central African tropics, and kicked off the Bantu migrations with independent advancements in metallurgy. Seeing how Bantus populate the entire southern half of the African continent, I'd say that alone makes them more influential than Ethiopians.
Hausas played a large part in the Trans-Saharan trade, but are overshadowed by the Malinke in usual discussion since Europeans only think about gold. Aside from that, there's nothing to expect. They have zero reason to leave or attempt to permanently hold barren lands in the North. Since they were mostly cut off from the major knowledge centers in Egypt, Iraq, India, and China, you wouldn't expect them to come out ahead. Even so, they thrived and implemented public lighting, storm drains, country-wide walls (not just the Edo), and maintained libraries wherever the humidity wouldn't ruin their books. Between the Malinke and the people of modern-day Nigeria, you have the most dominant cultures on the continent, bar none.
>>
>>758203
>turn on radio
>NIGGA NIGGA UH UH WIMMENZ DRUGS FUCK DA POLICE UH NIGGA NIGGA SHOOTING NIGGAS
>turn radio off
thank you west african diaspora for enriching our culture (tm)
>>
>>758251
They can get away with producing garbage just to show how creatively void everyone else. If you were able to produce better songs without heavy black influence, and actually chose to buy those albums, you'd hear that on the radio instead.
It's not even by choice, either. If the crack epidemic hadn't been forced into existence, gangster culture, a subversive spin on Black Nationalism, wouldn't exist.
>>
>>758261
cope
>>
>>758275
:D
>>
>>758277
Get a load of this nigga, using emoticons unironically in current year+6
>>
>>758251
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpuPCcw-cDU
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwutKpVyas
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXonAOjFJ_k
>he doesn't like funk
>he doesn't like jazz
>he doesn't like rock
what a faggot
>>
>>757789
Actually perfect, Enlightenment spawned in the fucking Kongo of all places. I've also found a mod that makes it so development doesn't advance institutions. Probably makes the game unplayable outside europe. Don't care.
>>
>>758354
>Probably makes the game unplayable outside europe.
Not unplayable but fun. I did Ardabil to Persia some time ago with Eurocentric Institutuions mod and did not try to dev spawn institutions either. It was constant swim upstream but it was fun.
>>
>>758616
In the beginning it's okay, as your AI neighbors will be worse off than you, but once the Europeans arrive they'll fuck your shit up. East and South East Asia region is probably fucked (just like IRL).
>>
>>758203
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
I met you in several threads before. Everytime you are presented with the fact that black Africans had little to no (positive) impact on the world you come up with this: "all music today is derived form west African folk music" wich is a) simplified and not really true, b) completely irrelevant to the time period the game covers and most importantly irrelevant to the game itself.
Like I see you really, really need that one good thing you can attribute only to blacks and everyone enjoys music, right? But it just comes of as pathetic grasping at straws. Euroatlantic civilisation efficiently utilised electricity, made those instuments musicians are using, invented that radio you are listening to and made the fucking infrastructure to supply it all but yeah, props to blacks for utilising all of it.
Niggaboo.
>>
>>758636
>Everytime you are presented with the fact that black Africans had little to no (positive) impact on the world you come up with this
"Fact". You act like Africans maintaining the international gold supply means nothing.
>wich is a) simplified and not really true
It's true if you look at any popular genre. Classical and ethnic folk traditions are exceptions. Maybe psychedelic as well.
>b) completely irrelevant to the time period the game covers
He wasn't talking about the game, dumbass.
>and most importantly irrelevant to the game itself.
Then stay on topic.
>Like I see you really, really need that one good thing you can attribute only to blacks and everyone enjoys music, right? But it just comes of as pathetic grasping at straws.
If you ask about world civilizations and the contributions from each culture, then spit on Africans because most had to make do with a shitty environment functionally far-removed from most other civilizations, I'm going to point to the fact that they have a near-monopoly on one of the world's major arts, yes.
>Euroatlantic civilisation efficiently utilised electricity, made those instuments musicians are using, invented that radio you are listening to and made the fucking infrastructure to supply it all
Do you credit Rembrandt's suppliers when talking about his art? Do you say, "Sure, he brought us to what may be the peak of Pre-modern painting, worldwide, but what about the pigment vendors?!"
Your addition is desperate.
>props to blacks for utilising all of it.
Props to blacks for bringing into existence art forms unlike any other and, despite being an underclass whose history and culture were all but whipped out of them, still managed to bring that culture to the fore of the world, developing it to a point where they could, on their own merits, stand above all others. Yes, props.
>>
>>755723
What the hell is DG?
>>
>>758697
Dei Gratia is the modded religious system that M&T used pre-3.0. While it allows for representing religious minorities within provinces, it also dates back to EU3. It's a massive performance hog, a massive pain in the ass to maintain, and is incomplete on top of its original author being long retired from the modding scene.

The 3.0 equivalent to Dei Gratia will probably still be called DG for continuity purposes, but it's still far from complete, so here's what it means for now:
>The Reformation actually happens
>Religious minority populations return to meaning something
>>
>>758661
Anon, are you actually black? If not, that's just sad. Simping for an entirely alien people to you is just sad.
MUH RAP MUH JAZZ.
Everything they have done in their diaspora is bastardized European or "Neo-European" (read: people in the Americas of European descent, henceforth referred to as "white" for simplicity) culture.
>b-but muh jazz
Emulating white music using white instruments. No one came from Africa and invented the six-string guitar or piano then made music spontaneously, sorry sweetie.
>b-but muh rap
Genesis is from white music dating back to 1930's recordings and even existed before that unrecorded.
There's literally no "West African Diasporic" culture. "Black" culture is bastardized "white" culture that is marketed by G-d's Chosen.
How did we even get to modern music (which is almost all shit) when we were discussing the timeframe of EU4, where West Africa was, for all intents and purposes, irrelevant except as a source of cheap-as-free labor sold off by regional KANGS and warlords.
>>
>>755723
>Upgrade your toasters!
Clasewitz engine depends on CPU power alone, right? Or does GPU help?
>>
>>758740
>Anon, are you actually black?
He's not. That's the worst part. I'd be OK with some "black panther" typing it being proud about some merits of own race but this is sadly fueled by pure white guilt.
>>
>>758740
>Emulating white music using white instruments. No one came from Africa and invented the six-string guitar or piano then made music spontaneously, sorry sweetie.
Kek what the fuck does this even mean? What an assmad /pol/tard you are
>>
>>758746
Single-threaded CPU performance is the priority. As long as there isn't any major bottleneck like RAM size (don't play it with only 8GB), it should run fine.
>>
>>758740
>Anon, are you actually black?
也许我是
>MUH RAP MUH JAZZ.
I see you're in pain. I don't think you'll find help here.
>Emulating white music using white instruments.
It's doesn't have a relationship with white music. It just often used instruments from outside Africa.
>No one came from Africa and invented the six-string guitar or piano then made music spontaneously, sorry sweetie.
Anon, the guitar is an instrument from the West/North Africa area. It's related to the West African "Kora", which became the basis for the banjo.
>Rap
>1930s white
>No references
I can only assume you mean this wreck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybHi0p_Fq0
Any sane man would just say it's a normal song with poor sound quality, hiding the instruments. The cadence is just slightly off from a regular song, and you'd be better off counting sea shanties as rap. Contrast that with the Jubalaires' "Noah", which is a variant of African-style Gospel.
>and even existed before that unrecorded.
I'll believe you when you provide.
>There's literally no "West African Diasporic" culture.
It's the culture of the West African diaspora, dummy. West African rice, beans, okra, yam, shea, kola, watermelon, etc. Music from a long, continuing line stretching back to Medieval Mali. An egalitarian view on gender. Think.
>"Black" culture is bastardized "white" culture that is marketed by G-d's Chosen.
You're talking about culture and music whites called demonic lol.
>How did we even get to modern music (which is almost all shit) when we were discussing the timeframe of EU4
You tell me.
>where West Africa was, for all intents and purposes, irrelevant except as a source of cheap-as-free labor
Irrelevant to who? Again, major trade that bridged the fucking Sahara, and a region with large influence over Central Africa. They then spread their oats over the New World, and became a regular fixture in each region.

Remain thoroughly butt-blasted, buffoon.
>>
imagine seething over niggers having relevance in the world culture and history so much you shit up an eu4 thread
it must be an american
>>
>>758777
The Guitar didn't originate from west africa, you're confusing it with the banjo.
>>
>>758890
>The Guitar didn't originate from west africa
I made a mistake. I assumed the Oud was a Berber invention. Apparently, these all have their origins in West Asia.
>>
why isn't there a mod to culture convert in colonies
do I really have to disable them? subjects expanded makes them kind of comfy
>>
bros i miss siu king. he was the one streamer i actually related too. all the other ones are neurotypical meme kids
>>
>>757578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rodQalaaNtI

literally all you need to know. also fighting pitched battles is kind of a meme. just siege forts
>>
File: 20210910144922_1.jpg (307 KB, 1366x768)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
h u m i l i a t e d
>>
>>759257
the whole "colonies are multicultural paradises with zero unrest" bulshit needs to be fixed
>>
>>759257
>>759622
There's this but it's not probably working anymore.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1961114540
>>
What is the best Golden bulls?
>>
My game keeps freezing over and over again, can't find any sort of fix ;_;
>>
>>759622
>the whole "colonies" bulshit needs to be fixed

FTFY
>>
>>759859
-10% AE
>>
>>760302
Playing with mods? PC specs?
>>
>>760400
It's a pirated copy with no mods.
>i7-2600
>GTX 960
>8 GB RAM
My PC is bad but I never had any problems playing for years.
>>
>>760408
I literally use thinkpad x201 with i5, 2gb ram and integrated graphic and I ran EU4 with 0 problem other than overheating.
>>
>>760553
mine lags like a bitch towards the end
must be the 1 million strong armies everyone has
>>
>>760574
Try reverting to 1.30.6 or something. Any older 64-bit version might still work.
>>
>>753953
>plays easy toddler gsg
>complains about the only thing preventing everyone from blobbing uncontrollably
kek
>>
>>761115
>complains about the only thing preventing everyone from blobbing uncontrollably
It doesn't. It just scares off anyone unwilling to juggle coalitions.
>>
>>761204
By admitting that you have to juggle coalitions you literally admit to agree with me, therfore btfoing your own argument LMAO
>>
>>761210
>By admitting that you have to juggle coalitions you literally admit to agree with me
Non-sequitur.
>>
>>761317
>Non-sequitur.
Nope, my initial claim never was that coalitions are perfect, even the good players will have to play around them.
That is to say, "play around them" meaning that they do have an effect, meaning that you lose the argument by default.
>>
>>761319
>That is to say, "play around them" meaning that they do have an effect, meaning that you lose the argument by default.
Wonderful pivot. 10/10. You would've been able to be convincing if you'd said, "I meant preventing a scenario where every single person can blob without restraint". Instead, you popped out this shit. Go to bed and try again later.
>>
>>761346
>Wonderful pivot.
Kek, did you mean to say "Moving goalposts"? Is this your first Internet argument? TOPKEK!
>You would've been able to be convincing if you'd said, "I meant preventing a scenario where every single person can blob without restraint".
LMAO no.

My initial argument:
>>complains about the only thing preventing everyone from blobbing uncontrollably
Does AE exert some form of control over people who are trying to blob?
Yes.
Did you challenge me on this claim?
Yes.
Am I right?
Yes.
Did you just hardcore lose the easiest argument on EU4?
Yes.

Your tulpa wife should remind you by now that you belong in bed @ this hour ;)))
>>
>>761350
>Does AE exert some form of control over people
Not the claim. Preventing=/="exerting some form of control"
Why are you calling yourself out for moving goalposts if you're then going to double down on your claim and act like a clown? Is this some new trolling strat?
>>
>>761352
>Preventing=/="exerting some form of control"
These are not mutually exclusive.
Uncontrollably implies there is no stopping force. You are being prevented from expanding uncontrollably; meaning that there is some force (not an absolute force, necessarily), preventing your expansion from being uncontrollable.

>Why are you calling yourself out for moving goalposts
Because I am a highly empathetic person at times and can read how people can misconstrew my carefully laid out arguments very well.

>Is this some new trolling strat?
Ahhh, the good old "HURR AM I BEING LE DROLLED???".
You're stuck in a cave and this is your escape rope. People are starting to realize the righteousness of my argument. Bed time is drawing closer, your eyes are getting very heavy.
Go on. Accuse me of trolling. Please do the needful and redeem the troll card, ma'am.
>>
>>761363
>Uncontrollably implies there is no stopping force.
Or that the opposing force is impotent. Are you having a meltdown?
>>
Fuck these autistic arguments, I just want to see Bohemia get decimated during the Hussite wars and see Germany get looted into oblivion during the Thirty Years War. Maybe I'll even get to see England getting raped by Lollards.
3.0 Alpha 24 or whatever patch they're going to put it in can't come soon enough.
>>
Do you get to mess with other countries' politics in M&T 3.0?
>>
>>749349
leechdens are fun to play till you get colonized
>>
>>761647
The most you can do is beat their armies up and loot them to get their population and industry sizes down. That might be a good CB idea for the future.
>>
>>761735
Do nobles not factor in? Rebels? Anything like that?
>>
Why do I suck at wars?
Unless I outnumber an enemy massively, I will lose a war, and I can't figure out why
What is the trick to tactics?
>>
>>761762
Learn how "Attackers", "Defenders", and "Terrain" work. Then look at combat-related modifiers, specifically Combat Ability, Discipline, Morale, and Combat Width. Note the different unit types and their strengths, as well as Cavalry combat width. Use artillery (about as many as you have front-row infantry).
Make only about 4 cavalry per army once you get access to cannons.
>>
Why isn't there a CB that's just "stop raiding my coast you piratical piece of shit"?
>>
>>761743
If a particular estate is really powerful in a given province, that estate's rebels will tend to spawn. If those rebels win, that estate will extract more privileges.
Unfortunately, there's no way to suddenly and directly influence province loyalty unless the enemy fucks up and does the job for you, so you might be better off attacking when you notice that Elite nobility (say, the Nobles) is really low. In the early game, that usually corresponds to a weaker army since feudal army reforms rely on the Nobles to levy the peasant population, and disloyal Nobles will tend not to pay their dues.

It's easier to take advantage of a bad situation than to manufacture one.
>>
File: wtff.png (546 KB, 888x395)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
Seriously what the actual fuck is with this shit?
>>
>>761803
>It's easier to take advantage of a bad situation than to manufacture one.
Sounds good. Are rebels actually threatening in this mod?
>>
>>761810
You would've had to have done everything wrong for this to happen. Check mil tech, ideas, modifiers, army maintenance, terrain, general pips (especially maneuver), and army composition.
>>
>>761802
Haven't played in a while, but raiding used to scale with piracy power in the trade node. So if nobody pirates you send 1 galley on pirate hunting and they get -100% on their raids. It's sad this "feature" forces you to patrol every node in range with a single galley, but at least there's an easy fix for that annoying mess.

>>761810
Without context that looks like a completely normal stackwipe where your army got caught before the monthly tick after a shattered retreat. You can do the same to the AI.
>>
>>761841
The AI still isn't aggressive enough at dealing with them, so they can occasionally lose to decently-sized rebels, particularly if they're in the early stages of blobbing (like Muscovy).
In my opinion, rebels aren't that threatening unless you blob and piss off the elites at the same time, or you have a rival that's itching to declare war on you. Just be careful when reforming your country and revoking privileges and you'll be okay.
>>
>>761876
I'm asking because I want to know just how much support I'd really need to effectively use rebels against their overlord.
>>
File: k.webm (2.85 MB, 960x540)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>beat ottoman army
>block strait to force them into another battle
>0 deaths
>repeat about 3 more times, 0 deaths each
>they finally retreat somewhere else
>>
>>761886
Maybe your qi wasn't aligned properly. Get your soul settled, then disable mods.
>>
>>761878
>effectively use rebels against their overlord
Sorry, I've never really tried this.
>>
>>761886
That's just something stupid that happens if the other side has 0 units that have nonzero morale. Maybe try to get them to reinforce their morale for one tick, that might be enough to get you to stackwipe them.
>>
>>756889
Karashar is a cuckold nation with -50% governing capacity
>>
>>749666
This, i just don't fucking get it and not for lack of trying
Whenever i invest money somewhere it seems to actually lower the income permanently, what the hell is even going on
And the funniest part is i am the one who leaked it
>>
>>762871
kek, I just invest in provinces to get more people to move there and it seems to work just fine.
If you're opening new slots, early on, Higher Education is a guaranteed money earner. Commerce is always going to be a massive money pit. Everything else is up in the air, depends on the profitability of the existing industries in the province.
Don't invest in a really corrupt province, though. I learned that the hard way as Byz, even if the industry is really profitable, you're not going to earn anything if local corruption is stupidly high at ~90%. Ironically, lower State Reach might be preferred in that kind of scenario, since the Bureaucracy won't be able to sustain that sort of corruption without disloyal Elites.

DG update please
>>
>>762902
True this helps a lot. In the wiki they also advise opening a luxury industry in the capital asap.
>Commerce is always going to be a massive money pit
Yeah I fucked up a campaign this way. But I don't get it, why? Surely it should improve my trade power or have some sort of benefit. I don't understand trade.
> Everything else is up in the air, depends on the profitability of the existing industries in the province.
Yeah for me it seems like farmlands and fisheries work half the time, while forestry and mining seem to always be bad. This is purely based on trial and error since i don't know how i should go about calculating this. I do use the "potential forestries/farms/..." mapmodes but idk what they correspond to in-game.

Also it seems like i can only invest 10 gold here and there once in a while? I read that investing too much at once increases the cost of labor and attracts people so it's costly. But i expected it to bounce back, i tried investing massively to boom capital cities for example and it just destroys my economy

Everything else regarding estate/state reach etc is actually pretty understandable and fine. It's just the economy that bugs me.

should be out next week
>>
>>762923
And by "destroys my economy" i don't mean i can't sustain the negative income, but that the city never recovers
>>
>>762923
>>762925
>Surely it should improve my trade power or have some sort of benefit. I don't understand trade.
I think that the commerce industry also handles buying/selling goods to other trade nodes, so that might be why fluctuations cause big profits/losses from year to year. I don't pay too much attention to the province trade tab apart from keeping the subsistence level down for Commercialization, so checking the tab might clear this up.
>Yeah for me it seems like farmlands and fisheries work half the time, while forestry and mining seem to always be bad.
Check the terrain info, it might just be that your province has poor soil or climate for growing things. Mining is a money-maker for me, though, at least when the mined resource isn't Sea Salt. Fisheries tend to already have investment at capacity early on, but aren't really money-makers, not a good idea to invest to take them from Elites.
The Potential Forestries/Farms/etc. mapmode probably corresponds to the Terrain size, which influences what the investment cap is for the industry.
>But i expected it to bounce back, i tried investing massively to boom capital cities for example and it just destroys my economy
Probably profitability falling through the floor for every industry in the province, so it ends up crashing wages?
I don't know if you've tried to do this right after opening some slots, it takes decades for them to work up the Skill to get their throughput up. Since investments don't discriminate by profitability, the new slots end up getting soaking in unnecessary investments, and fuck over all the other slots by making the elites and commoners avoid investing/maintenance in the industry type. That's my theory, anyway.
>>
Boo, they took away the Crash Europe's Economy button. They're already turning EU4 into an imbalanced arcade-y mess of buttons to click, may as well double down and shit on whatever "fans" they have left.
>>
File: file.png (2.95 MB, 1920x1080)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB PNG
love electing literal babies as consul
>>
>>765774
sounds like China
>>
>when the nation you're about to attack allies France right before you hit declare war

Fuck me why does this happen so often
>>
File: roxykhatun.png (1.32 MB, 1500x1200)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>765774
>>
>>754645
Form Bharat instead
>>
File: 2.jpg (871 KB, 1920x1080)
871 KB
871 KB JPG
What a sad end for the once mighty Roman Empire. After the Mingplosion there is the Romaplosion
>>
>>768395
This mod any good?
>>
>>768149
Is Hinduism any good?
>>
>>768395
sus
>>
how to play as HRE emperor to collect all tags as HRE prince
>>
>>768785
It's fun if you want to (literary) broaden your game beyond the usual timedates. Covers human history from 2 AD till present day and even continues with custom modern technologies and such for a few centuries after 2018.

The minus is that, because of its scope, you can forget about custom units reflecting the new periods (so forget about legionnaire units as Rome or modern riflemen in the 20-21th century) or custom mechanics and missions for countries (mainly Rome gets some).
Though most of the new countries have unique ideas.
>>
>>768809
Arguably one of the best in game, especially for republics. They nerfed some of their events but still pretty powerful.
>>
Is there a way to check how many provinces a country has? The ledger only shows development.
>>
>>769882
go to the main menu and load your save, if you click on a country it will show how many provinces they own in the infobox on the left
>>
>>759331
Why did his Youtube channel got nuked?
>>
File: 20210919185917_1.jpg (647 KB, 1920x1080)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
Just completed the Third Way achievement! Feeling proud of myself.
>>
>>755723
>protestant ireland
I think this mod is absolutely fucked at this point, 3.0 killed it the same way TT is going to kill TNO
>>
>>771114
The Irish and Scots moving in different directions from the bastard English is a plausible outcome in my opinion.
Hell, the biggest problem with the British Isles in 3.0 is that the English tend to get away with eating Scotland early because of French incompetence in the early game.
>>
>>757233
How did you make this lmao
>>
>>760302
Hard Drive and RAM probably, buy an SSD and 8 more GB of RAM, same specs as yours.

Perhaps your SATA cable is bad.
>>
>>771168
How would this explain that it only happens when I play EU4 and it had never happened before? It's not a hardware problem, the game just freezes once it reaches a certain date and it is unplayable.
Literally the only fix I could find was to roll back the game to the previous DLC.
>>
Now that I think about it, there's a crapton of unfinished mechanics from the old M&T DG that will also probably make it into 3.0, needing redesigns and rebalancing.
Guess they're serious about having no expectations for when they're releasing.
>>
>>771006
Did you start as Oman
>>
>>749164
Why doesn't Vijayanagar get a mission line to uniter the rest of india? Im in 1630 and im forced to constantly wrestle against much better countries to crawl my way to the cities I need to own.
>>
>>771453
No, Mzab.
>>
If the US were an EU4 country, what would our stability be right now? Just checking on our stability, that’s all.
>>
File: eu4_2021-09-18_20-57.jpg (1.69 MB, 1920x1080)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
Venice -> culture shift to Dalmatian to form the kingdom of Dalmatia is fun. And pretty great ideas. Would recommend even if you gotta blow your country up a little to do it.
>>
File: Czech those doubles.jpg (164 KB, 1280x650)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
I just discovered how fun it is to Blobhemia, financing your blobbing by stacking production bonuses into the sky
>>
>>772370
America is a stable country, but Americans think losing one stab is like losing 6 and believing Armageddon is upon them.
>>
Anyone here know how to do cosmetic mods?
>>
File: kbld.png (979 KB, 1600x900)
979 KB
979 KB PNG
How do you play as Kobolds without getting your ass kicked by literally everyone?
>>
>>772778
pray and use attrition
>>
>>755723
I’ve always thought this mod sounded so interesting but every time I try it, it isn’t fun to actually play.
>>
>>772778
you have gorilla attrition due to both your government and culture modifiers on provinces, so what you want to do is build forts in the two mountain/highlands provinces to the north and south of the mountains, and stick a defensiveness edict on them any time you're at war
you can then watch as tens of thousands of gawedi/lorentish evaporate while attempting to besiege those fortresses, draining them of their whole manpower pool before you even fight a single battle
on the topic of battles, your troops will be utter shit for a long time so you better find something to do while you get those spicy artificer regiments up
>>
>>772803
for reference, you can get up to 9% enemy attrition per month with defensive ideas and policies
>>
>>772370
Like +1.
>>
File: potions.png (488 KB, 813x497)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
Very funny.
>>
>>772806
only if you play with a mod that uncaps attrition from 5% which anbennar doesn't do by default
>>
Just saw Palawa's insane NIs while scrolling. I want to try them out but I have no experience as native tags. Advice?
>>
File: 1590673725205.jpg (37 KB, 600x859)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>Ethiopia finally getting proper attention
>>
Otto needs some flavor
>>
>>772808
I was thinking this as well. Widespread civil unrest isn’t occurring right now, but there has been a hard downswing of trust in government institutions over the past two decades. A stability change might not happen unless the economy comes crashing down.
>>
>>773066
I was excited about that as well. Its too bad they couldn't add more to the Portugal/Ottoman involvement in the Adal wars but i also completely understand their reason why.

>>773260
I wish they had another tag to swap to. Kinda like their own version of Yuan/Germany/HRE etc.
>>
>>773260
I think their mission tree in particular is very boring. Just claims and nothing else. It's sad that you can enjoy more flavor as the Byzantines starting at the Rise of the Ottomans bookmark.
>>
>>773292
>A stability change might not happen unless the economy comes crashing down.
Please make the food price stop increasing.
>>
>>773260
OK maybe. Now comapre them to Persia that have zero flavor and AI can't usually even form them.
Well I mean it's not like Persia was major power for the most of the game's imeline or anything. Certainly fucking abbos and polynesians need more fleshing out.
>>
>>756923
How the fuck do you lose ductats while there's an influx of mali gold?
>>
>>773524
The player, Mali, is losing ducats flooding Europe with gold, that is ducats.
>>
>>773443
>I wish they had another tag to swap to. Kinda like their own version of Yuan/Germany/HRE etc.
Yeah the best you can do is just turn into caliphate
>>
>>767386
Based.
>>
3.0 onegai

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.