[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 72 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

The overwhelming dominance of knights in AOE2 has convinced me to never play an AOE game again.
>inb4 lol n00b
We are talking about team matches here, which is how 2/3 of the community actually plays AOE. so stfu you 1v1 faggot.
>>
File: crap.jpg (10 KB, 266x190)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>744216
The overwhelming uselessness of infantry (and light tanks) in C&C RA 2 has convinced me to never play a C&C ever again
>inb4 lol n00b
We are talking about team matches here, which is how 1/3 of the community actually plays C&C. so stfu you 1v1 faggot.
>>
File: aoe2.png (744 KB, 898x435)
744 KB
744 KB PNG
>>744216
>>
>>744229
Not funny.
>>
>>744216
>The overwhelming dominance of knights in AOE2 has convinced me to never play an AOE game again.
So you're mad because the game's realistic?
>>
>>744216
Pikemen?
>>
>>744216
>Knights are strong in team matches, so I'm never playing an AoE game again!
K.
>>
>>744216
How is knight dominance real nigga lmao like nigga just make monks haha like just make a monastery
>>
>>744361
Ok, castle slicker
>>
>>744229
sneed
>>
>>744486
you fucking dumb n00b nigger.
monks are worthless on team maps.
stop talking.
>>
>>744216
The overwhelming dominance of knights in European medieval history has convinced me to never read a history book again.
>inb4 lol illiterate
We are talking about knightly culture in the high and late Middle Ages here, which is how 2/3 of the Wars of the Roses and crusades were actually conducted. so stfu you erudite faggot.
>>
>>744523
Seems like you'd burn up and suffocate in that.
>>
File: lefrench.png (367 KB, 500x500)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
KNNNNNIGGITS
>>
>>744526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Rm94QRREI
>>
>>744673
I didn't say you can't move. I said you'd burn up and suffocate. As in, if you wore that for long.
>>
>>744526
soi

>>744673
>german aka langauge of the "scat is the most arousing thing there is btw let me put some lye in this flour" nation
no thanks
>>
>>744681
Nobody speaks in the video, retard. Else I wouldn't have linked it.
>>
>>744216
>team matches here, which is how 2/3 of the community actually plays AOE.
lol
Knights warping the game is annoying but let's not discredit your post with a final line of nonsense
>>
>>744681
>>>german aka langauge of the "scat is the most arousing thing there is btw let me put some lye in this flour" nation
wtf is this shit
>>
>>745050
are you saying that it is factually incorrect?
it has been empirically proven that team matches have by far more players than 1v1. its not even close.
or are you just prving how much of a dumbfuck you are who only thinks with his emotions. like a woman.
>>
There's a reason franks were the most picked civ for a long time in AOC after the cheesy ones were patched up
>>
Knights arent nearly as bad as archers or castle dropping
>>
>>745271
i just wish that counter units actually functioned correctly in the AOE series. a ranged anti archer unit with high armor will never work. it is a fundamentally flawed concept.
>>
>>744216

Some of the shit people complain about in RTS games is just fucking retarded. I get if you dont like it but "omg knights so broken if only aoe2 had a unit that counters themmm reeEeeeE"

make pikemen and shut the fuck up noob
>>
OP must be like an absolute shitter 1000 elo
>>
>>745356
What, like Skirmishers? Rattan Archers? Genitours? They all work, dude.
>>
>>744676
why? if anything it's like a heatsink
>>
>>744216
i'm a shitter but my favourite nation is Italians because of aesthetics. genoese crossbowmen mean i generally win against Franks and other knight factions because they try to ram their paladins into my weak looking deathwall of counter-units.
>>
>>745741
You're literally covering yourself in metal. It's not a heatsink. They don't work in similar ways. The metal heats up, and you're stuck in it, with no way to cool off. Heat exhaustion sets in, breathing because laborious, and eventually, you become a self-inflicted casualty on the battlefield. It's also the primary reason full suits of armor weren't employed elsewhere, by Europeans and Non-Europeans alike.
You can mitigate the effect by wetting the armor and the cloth underneath, but the core issue is still there.
>>
>>745741
yeah it transfers the heat from outside into you
>>
>>744486
>enemy right clicks on your monk
>knight kills 2456632459x faster than it can convert
Wow nice strategy
>>
>>746043
Another victory for the Tevtons. Fun fact: a Tevton paladin defeats a Frankish paladin easily
>>
>>745795
>>746043
retard
>>
>>744216
Crossbows are still very dominating in both 1vs1s and team games
You just suck.
>>
>>746246
we are already aware that the only 2 units in AOE are knights and xbows. you arent smart, and that doesnt help your argument.
>>
>>746043
lmao just pick your halbs bro
>>
>>746562
There's no argument, I'm just pointing out if you genuinally believe knights alone are OP then you must havent fought half decent players that exclusively use archers and walls and micro non stop
Cavalry dominance was something from the past, back in AoC times when Huns used to dominate, but not nowadays.
>you arent smart
Smarter than you I am at least.
>>
>>744216
you ever watch pro player 2v2s? they literally order their knights to have spaz attacks in front of each other instead of engaging because it’s better for them to act as 2% more efficient arrowsponges than to do anything else
>>
>>746043
>his monks can’t tank a direct siege onager hit
pathetic
>>
>>744216
>We are talking about team matches here
Lol noob.
>>
>>746136
Only the second guy you replied to.
>>
>>745356
its because theres no tier 3 anti archer unit unless you specifically pick a civ.
halbs work really well vs paladins but arbs destroy elite skirms
>>
>>747224
>>745356
>halbs work really well vs paladins but arbs destroy elite skirms
Each one has a major shortcoming. Skirms can tank a ton of hits, and can force engagements against archer/spear compositions, but can't deal major damage back or be used for anything else.
Halbs can deal superb damage to cavalry, but they can't take a hit and can't force engagements.
Camels can force engagements and deal solid damage, but they cost gold, can't take a hit, and many civs don't get access to them.
Towers resist arrows entirely and deal amazing damage against archers, but they can't force engagements, require investment to be used, and are vulnerable to siege weapons.
This is by design, and it keeps counters from becoming absolutely dominant from the get-go.
>>
File: 20210830141412_1.jpg (1016 KB, 1920x1080)
1016 KB
1016 KB JPG
>Team game arena
>Flank tatars vs Flank Koreans
>See grey mining stone, prepare my own castle to defend me from War Wagons
>Tries to come from the side, I make another gate and keep booming
>Smugly think to myself with 2 castles he cannot do shit
>He simply dives past my 2 castles and TC and fucks my shit up
>He keeps sending groups of war wagons and never gives me break
Well shit
>>
>>747426
you gotta house wall man, make castle and a bunch of houses in a line. Nice try though.
>>
>>747478
Yeah I know, quick walling is not an instinctive reaction like the average good player since I hate walling
Too much no walls mod huns war
>>
Man I wish a had a buddy to pull this Cuman battering ram rush as flank in Arena
>>
>>747426
too many korean players are scared to dive under double castle fire so good for this guy
>>
File: castle drop defense.jpg (38 KB, 1088x601)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>747492
you need to put on the tower range radius on in the options. Then you make a wall right outside the ring. Its not that much more macro. Mostly what matters is good scouting to catch it early
>>
>>747549
>Mostly what matters is good scouting to catch it early
Kek, I got 5 archers in feudal age to deny grey's castle drop on my walls
But he simply put his castle inside his base
Yeah I should a ring of houses more often
>>
>>744216
> Plays a game set in the middle ages
> Complains about knights being OP

topkek
>>
>>747600
>Knights
>Overpowered
Niggers havent faced a horde of cavalry archers
>>
>>747660
They did, during the Magyar invasions. They jobbed spectacularly, until the Magyars settled down and became agrarian.
>>
>>747705
>They jobbed spectacularly
Surprises nobody, heavy cavalry is overrated, infantry and archers/siege fire is better
>>
>>747712
Infantry exists solely to take strategic positions.
Archers are supreme military units.
>>
>>747516
It's the kind of confidence that comes from practice, you have to respect it.
>>
>Get African Clearing
>Go Tatars thinking I will get 2 sheep upon building first TC
>I do not get sheeps
Goddamm it.
>>
>>747755
It only begins working in Castle Age, yes. Devs also added a bunch of temporary safeguards to Nomad-style maps to stop other civs from being too strong early in, or delayed in the case of something like the Vietnamese bonus.
>>
>>747755
as per usual you shoulda gone incas
>>
>queue up in ranked
>valley
>”oh i know, i’ll pick incas and grab the blacksmith upgrades so that my villagers in the middle are sturdy against scouts
>load in
>remember they rolled back the bonus to castle age
i hate what they did to them
>>
>>748013
That's the issue with those types of gimmicks. It's either so strong it is the only way people play the Civ or else it's so weak the civ plays generic since nobody makes use of the gimick.
>>
>>747994
Feels like they're trying to undo the early game aggression meta that has developed since HD edition re-popularized online play. It probably makes the competitive online people who exploited the rushing meta to get to high ELO bitchy but whatever, if I get my comfy slow paced AoE back I don't care.
>>
>>748045
>Feels like they're trying to undo the early game aggression meta that has developed
nü-arabia is proof that they’re trying to make it more aggressive
>>
>>748206
They added Runestones to offset that.
>>
File: 20210831171558_1.jpg (989 KB, 1920x1080)
989 KB
989 KB JPG
>Excellent dark age eco
>Decent scout rush
>Keshiks are cheap, tanky fast producing heavy cav
>Go imp, rush elite +2 armor +2 attack
>Quite literally run down both grey and teal
>And get a substantial amount of gold from it
Why Tatars are so fun bros
>>
>>748633
Devs wanted to rework Turks, but couldn't, so they poured their love into the Tatars instead. Always a contender for "Favorite".
>>
>>748674
But Turks are good so long you have gold, and thats the problem, you dont have gold you fucking die
With one trick pony no matter how good you're at it will always be a bad thing, just look at Burmese
>>
>>748687
They lack effective trash units, so they run out of gold faster. If the enemy throws out a ton of cavalry, you HAVE to have camels up. No gold-saving pikes or halbs for you.
>>
>>748044
inca eagles are really good tho.
they holocaust arbs.
>>
>>748748
If you leave them alone on the enemy, sure.
>>
File: 20210901090743_1.jpg (964 KB, 1920x1080)
964 KB
964 KB JPG
Virgin korean vs Chad steppe nomad and his european buddy
>>
File: 20210901090958_1.jpg (759 KB, 1920x1080)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>Wreck someone so hard he ragequits
>>
>>749169
>>749165
>Arena
You're all clowns. Just stop.
>>
>>749173
To be fair I queued up for African Clearing but I got Arena
Not like I'm complaining tho, being a clown is fun
>>
File: 20210901095902_1.jpg (831 KB, 1920x1080)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
Arabia be like 'haha crossbows goes pew pew'
>>
>>749201
Towers seem to scare them off pretty well in my experience.
>>
Does anybody want to play together?
1vs1, vs AI or ranked?
>>
>>753299
sure, but how good are you? AI is boring, if you low elo we can 2v2 ranked
>>
>>753315
Sure I'm down
Who hosts the party, me or you?
>>
>>753315
>but how good are you?
I'm decent, think that's a good way to put it
>>
>>753326
I can host
>>
>>753336
I will give my name then
TheGhostmaster, green woad raider icon
>>
Is there a third guy that did not get invite?
>>
>>753336
Remind me why there's not a fucking chat while waiting on the map selection
Goddamm it Microsoft
>>
I unless there is someone else I am starting
>>
File: 20210904145955_1.jpg (719 KB, 1920x1080)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
Lesson of the day, dont fight +1 armor MAAs with villagers, unlike Scouts, MAAs can take a beating and deal a lot of damage
>>
File: 20210904151913_1.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1080)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
If you wall up and play arabia like a bleeding coward you deserve to wrecked
>>
File: 20210904153255_1.jpg (823 KB, 1920x1080)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
Based pole removing the british menace
>>
>against bohemians
>no redemption
do you just die?
>>
>>753852
are u playing arena? stop playing arena and m@a them they have nothing early on
>>
>>753852
Rams, knights and mangonels
>>
>>753933
kniggits against monks AND best halbs in the game?
>>
>>744216
The new expansions are killing the game.
Knights are OK
>>
>>753934
As in castle age, in imp you should rely on hussars
>>
>>753942
>The new expansions are killing the game.
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>753946
kniggits against monks AND best pikes in the game?
>>
>>753949
Yes.
>>
File: 1344177706899.png (398 KB, 541x398)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
For those who are surprised AoE2 MP is still alive, and want to get in, go watch Spirit of the Law on Youtube.
>>
>>753966
i mean im not into the MP scene , i was always a single player rts type of guy , but im really happy that my favorite game of my childhood is still a live and that its because of its Multiplayer scene is why we get new civs and campaigns
>>
Would it be a good idea for the devs to implement "auto villager production" from the town center, similar to the "auto reseed farm" button? This is what keeps beginning players consistenly under 1000ELO. I see no downside to this either.

Reposted from another thread btw
>>
>>754136
https://youtu.be/q879j3ydfw8
just bind the all tcs button to something convenient and spam it every once in a while
>>
File: 1621024497732.png (179 KB, 946x212)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>754136
I'd rather keeps things as they are

Age of Mythology the Titans gave every production building a Repeat Button that automatically queues up a new unit when one finishes building, and that was fine.

But I prefer not to add any more automation to aoe2 because I see APM as a resource and one of aoe2's strengths is there are many different vectors a player can choose to distribute his Actions to as part of his strategy
>>
>>753852
You don't need no monks, mangonels flatten them in a few shots.
>>
>>754421
you're using mangos to counter trash that also outranges them
>>
>>754422
I meant that mangonels flatten Hussite Wagons in a few shots.
It's true that a Bohemian opponent can counter with redemption monks, but to go for both wagons and monks is a big investment. Crossbow/mango should beat wagon/monk in castle age.
>>
>>754421
castle age hussite wagons tank 3 direct mangonel shots, mangonels take 5 shots from a wagon but fire at about a little more than half the rate. if you have ideal use of mangoes you’re trading almost exactly even for numbers but much worse for res
>>
>>744229
>return to tradition western man
>>
>>753966
>Spirit of the Law
He's somewhat silly with the way he does things. He simplifies everything down to an all-or-nothing deathmatch to establish counters.
>>
>>755031
Make multiple mangonels and hit-and-run the deathblob.
>>
>>755147
Raw comparisons are good. Unless you expected a full guide on how to git gud.
>>
>>755148
but hussite wagons are significantly faster than mangonels and produce faster
>>
>>755150
>Raw comparisons are good.
Not when they fail to account for the ability of a unit to actually force engagements.
Skirmishers soft-counter archers. They don't kill them. They just prevent their deployment in a void.
>>755151
They require a castle. If you see Bohemians, you know whatever he's producing is vulnerable to the mangonel line. If you can, use bombard cannons. They're the ideal counter-unit.
>>
>>755157
>unit with a damage bonus against another unit doesn't kill them
https://youtu.be/ZSv2TR8h0sM?t=72

ok
>>
>>755157
>If you see Bohemians, you know whatever he's producing is vulnerable to the mangonel line.
unless he, in an equally likely scenario, instead opts for the best monk rush in the game, which hard counters mangonels
>>
>>755160
>He doesn't know how to walk away from bad fights
Not the genre for you.
>>755166
They don't have any monk bonuses until imperial.
>>
>>755177
>Spearmen soft-counter cavalry. They don't kill them. They just prevent their deployment in a void.
>>
>>755177
-100 wood for monasteries and blacksmiths, and essentially have +30% faster gold mining from the free techs
>>
>>755180
If you can't force an engagement within territory safe for the counter-unit to occupy, it's a soft-counter. If it can, it's a hard-counter.
Bombard cannons, Imperial Cavalry Archers, Rattans, Gbetos, and Trebuchets are hard-counter options for rams, halbs, archers, villagers/melee inf, and buildings, respectively.
>>755181
If he goes for a monk rush, build two stables and produce light cav ASAP. He pours a ton of resources into making that work. Lure the defending pikes into range of archers or towers when you can, and make him focus on his monks.
>>
>>755184
but camels can easily force engagements with knights and camels are almost universally considered a "soft counter" to them just because statistically the advantage they have over knights isn't that overwhelming until imp
>>
The overwhelming dominance of military ideas in EU4 have convinced me to never play EU4 again.
>>inb4 lol n00b
We are talking about multiplayer games here, which is how 1/100 of the community actually play EU4. So stfu you singleplayer noob faggot after learnings the buttons singleplayer is just repeated blobbing.X8HPG
>>
>>755405
>but camels can easily force engagements with knights and camels are almost universally considered a "soft counter" to them just because statistically the advantage they have over knights isn't that overwhelming until imp
Camels are designed to be the exception there for that reason. They ward knights off during castle age, and can actually kill them during Imperial. It's still fine.
>>755464
>The overwhelming dominance of military ideas in EU4 have convinced me to never play EU4 again.
You too? Join the club. Those guys effectively have PDX by the balls, so that's not going anytime soon.
>>
>>755464
I really want to like Paradox games, but they are just so boring and easy compared to AoE or even Civ.
>>
>>755719
>but they are just so boring and easy compared to AoE or even Civ.
The only reason they're like this is because actual diplomacy and strategy are beyond the minds of arcade gamers.
>>
>>754280
Except no matter what strategy you use, constant queue of vills (and tech) is optimal until pretty late in the game. The “choices” players make are when to slow production (toggling off auto train covers this) and when to advance an age. How would APM be less deep of as a resource?
>>
>>756184
sometimes you prioritize micro or eco management over queuing units, it’s 99% of cases in which hera leaves his tc idle and it happens all the time
>>
>>756192
That's considered undesirable, yes.
>>
>>744216
> playing multiplayer.
I'm still making my way through all the campaigns on hard, having a blast.
>>
>>756184
I don't mean a choice of do I
A: make villagers
B: not make villagers

I mean more like a choice of do I
A: queue 15 villagers across 3 TC for 750 food, but allowing me to focus on other stuff for 75 seconds
B: queue 3 villagers across 3 TC for 150 food, allowing me to distribute the food to other things but after 15 seconds I need to devote a few EffectiveActions to the TC again to queue another 3 villagers or let the TC fall idle
>>
cumans are pretty good on maps with a lot of food huh
>>
>>747705
>>747660
>>747712
Lazlo over here trying to erase Lechfeld lmao.
>>
>>753852
Their hussite wagons are pretty expensive not to mention that they need a castle to make them AND they can't garrison inside castles, which is pretty important. That means that most of the time if the other player tries to go for wagon+pikes it's gonna take quite some time to mass a good amount of units and you should be able to force a fight with knights or eagles with armor even under his castle to kill his wagons. Of course if the other player gets to that composition you're kind of fucked
>>
when are steppe lancers going to be viable again
>>
>>758584
They are
>>
>>758590
name 1 situation where you'd rather make steppe lancers instead of knights
>>
File: 1630633205112.png (185 KB, 343x523)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>744216
monks, pikes, and crossbows. Imagine getting filtered by this concept. Do kids even play rock, paper, scissors anymore growing up?
>>
>>758600
OP is stuck in the dark age and unable to create monks
>>
>>758597
Murdering crossbows and raiding.
Also taking on pikemen, only in big numbers.
>>
File: 1765434567890.png (193 KB, 256x256)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
I can't imagine being one of you Rattan-less plebs. What do army compositions even look like for you?
>>
>>758647
Fuckloads of siege onagers and halbs.
>>
>>758660
Nice wastes of resources. If you aren't playing as Mongols, you won't have a high enough movement speed to ever make use of them. Viets will back off until they can bring BBCs in. Boom.
>>
>>758647
Rattans are good, but Vietnam is one of the worst civs in ranked 1v1.

They are a beast in team games though.
>>
>>758666
>If you aren't playing as Mongols, you won't have a high enough movement speed to ever make use of them
I dont need it. I will roll your entire base and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
>Viets will back off until they can bring BBCs in. Boom
I will flatten all your stupid BBC's.
>>
genitours more like memetours
>>
Is there anything more enjoyable than Scrush->Gbeto squads?
>>
>>759027
Yes, base wrecking the enemy base with mass longswords/pikemen with malians.
Why would you harass the enemy when you can outright destroy his base?
>>
>>759037
Why wouldn't you do both? Longswords and pikes take enough attention that you can slip into wood/gold to kill villagers early. Just let a bunch of your mil units die to get a chance at his eco.
>>
>>759043
Because gbetos raze wrecking potential is garbage since they are so squishy, maybe if you can tank for the girls with malian longswords but at that point I'd just get more longswords to finish the kill.
Besides, infantry can still chase down villagers.
>>
>>759050
>Because gbetos raze wrecking potential is garbage since they are so squishy
The goal with Gbetos isn't to raze. You break in, then you throw knives at vills. It's what they're best at.
>>
>>759056
Why would you do that when you can just destroy the whole enemy base?
Why content yourselves with just harass when you can raze?
Gbetos dont participate well in the razing effort, wouldnt bother with them.

I know you just want to use the gals but most of games gbetos dont have a fit in real match
>>
>>759067
>Why would you do that when you can just destroy the whole enemy base?
If you can do that as well, go for it. This is just a fast way to cut his vill count, weakening his eco and making him more susceptible to further raids.
>Why content yourselves with just harass when you can raze?
Do both.
>Gbetos dont participate well in the razing effort, wouldnt bother with them.
A bit single-minded there.
>I know you just want to use the gals but most of games gbetos dont have a fit in real match
They do great work for me. Took out 2/3rds of a guy's eco out with them while pushing with Longswords. 0 trouble. He ff'd.
>>
>>759025
>pay twice the food for a unit that is only marginally better at killing archers
bravo!
>>
>>759076
>Skirmisher that can harrass archers and poke the enemy in his home.
>>
File: images (14).jpg (17 KB, 360x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>758647
>The viet fears the furry
>>
pigman you here? I need to fight a maa war
>>
>>759974
You rang?
>>
>>759076
They have one use that's so incredibly specific that I feel stupid for suggesting it.

If you decide to go for maa/militia into archers kind of play with the intention of upgrading whatever small mass of archers you'll have into crossbows and building knights as your main unit, but the mass dies before you can make use of it, then adding a genitour or two to your knight army will simply make walling your knights off a little tiny bit more awkward, trades against pikes better, monks more likely to die before they can convert etc. It's still shit unit obviously, but it has this one use, which it'll do better than horribly inaccurate cav archer.
>>
>>760017
Or you could just use them to pursue archers.
>>
>>759993
yea, start aoe I need to practice I will tell you more in game
>>
>>759993
nevermind server maintenance maybe later
>>
>>760062
>>760065
Alright ring me later then
>>
>>760074
Wanna go?
>>
>>760174
Sure give me a minute
>>
>>760174
>>760179
6 minutes more to go for maintenance end for me
In the meanwhile, what you want to practice in specific?
>>
>>760181
feudal war
>>
>6 minutes of server maintennance
>Now 30 minutes
Goddamm it.
>>
>>760187
Alright but what in spefic?
MAA rush into 'x'? What civs match up? What map?
>>
File: 20210910200235_1.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
ffs
>>
fuck it I will play tomorrow its too late already and I don't want to wait another 30 mins
>>
>>760195
Rip, alright then
>>
>>758597
Tatars on Ghost Lake or Mongols on Valley. The extra food you'll have will lend itself better to lancers than knights. Also >>758607. They're probably the best cavalry raiding unit around.
>>
>>744216
The overwhelming dominance of infantry in EU4 has convinced me to never play a Paradox game again.
>inb4 lol n00b
We are talking about 380$+ DLC here, which is how about 2/3 of the community actually plays EU4. so stfu you DLClet retard
>>
>>760196
You here?
>>
Is aoestats ever gonna switch to the Dukes patch?
>>
>>760546
Aye, I just woke up
Breakfast first
>>
File: 1605568945970.jpg (72 KB, 633x474)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>mfw I took the Scorpionpill
In almost 20 years of playing this game I've never realized how powerful massed Scorps were. Mamlukes and archers fucking MELT against those things
>>
File: qiang-zhou-20171017104106.jpg (1.61 MB, 1390x2000)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
Alright someone fucking fight me
I'm craving a good ol' battle
>>
>>760584
memelukes die if a unit with pierce armor so much as looks at them
a good scorpion can carry you far, though
>>
>>760599
*pierce attack
>>
>>760582
>2 hours ago
>>
>>760647
Well I waited for you, now I gotta do stuff, will be able to play in 4 or 5 hours
>>
>>760034
i'd rather use light cavalry for that. not as good because no bonus damage but at least i won't be stuck with a unit that sucks for everything else
>>
File: 20210822085211_1.jpg (1.01 MB, 1920x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Daily reminder to always anally punish Scout spammers in arabia and any other maps with massed infantry.
They dont know how to react, entering in panic.
>>
>>760987
It easily defeats every type of archer unit and can outrun anything it doesn't want to fight. What's to dislike?
>>
>>761001
>Khmer
>Not a single archer in sight
They didn't want to win anyways.
>>
Took some days of to study and go back to play some.
I get 3 team games in a row and every single team, I end up 1v2, 1v3; while my pocket does nothing and still has later imperial than I do. Wtf?
>>
>>761133
Arabia hs become a hellhole of cavalryfags and nothing else
Good for me actually.
>>
>>761401
>Enemy Forward Castles/Kreposts
>Doesn't boom
>Reaches Imperial late
>Make trebs
>Knock down castles
>"GG"
Alternatively
>Opponent forward Castles/Kreposts
>Gets Imperial before you
>Doesn't secure the map
>You strip-mine everything valuable and move your relics while walling off half of the map.
>Manifest Destiny
>Get 4/5 relics
>After trebbing down the forward portion of your base, doesn't know how to follow-up.
>Imperial
>Blow out his skeleton army
>BBC his trebs from under towers
>Treb a castle
>"GG"
This game is shit.
>>
>>761455
More like it's populated by shitters.
>>
>>761401
Has it? I've been playing Runestones a lot and it's a lot more varied.
>>
>>761490
I said Arabia, anon.
>>
>4vs4
>Players enforce random civilizations
>I get Mongols as flank
'Congratulations, you played yourself'
>>
>>745356
once your opponent has a huge ball of crossbows, you need mangonels protected by skirms and spears.
>>
>>753852
>Magyar Hussars
>Mangudai
>Woad Raiders
These guys have bonuses against siege
>>
>>754435
>but to go for both wagons and monks is a big investment
>Oh no, how am I going to afford monks after spending all my wood and gold on wagons?
>Hussite_Reforms go brrrrrr
>>
>>753971
not just that, co-op campaigns coming soon! The coop historical battles are pretty great so far
>>
>>755157
>houfnices destroy your bombard cannons and mangonels
>>
>>760584
try playing as the Khmer, fren!
>>
After getting faling to finish off a Goth as Mongols in Arena and pondering about it, I realized that probably the best Mongol army composition to beat Goths are Steppe Lanchers and Heavy Scorpions, with some hussar support.
Heavy scorps mow down halbs while a doomstack of Steppe Lancers murder the stacks of Huskarls
>>
>>744681
>let me put some lye in this flour
What, do Jerries really?
>>
What are spearmen?
>>
>>763504
Something the cavalryfag fears
>>
Can't stop jobbing as sicily because of dreams of palermo harems and khazar milkies

Send help
>>
>>745064
He is mistaking j*wish culture for German culture. A comment misconception. /his/trionics need to stay in their containment board.
>>
https://youtu.be/9ZNauUEVazQ
>No Walls mode
>Games become frantic, non stop action kino
Confirmed, walls dumbs down the game
People should play No walls mod more often
>>
File: 20210913134444_1.jpg (636 KB, 1920x1080)
636 KB
636 KB JPG
I hate nomad so much it's unreal.
I love Land Nomad and African Clearing, but I dont understand why autistic hatred towards this map
>>
File: 20210913144205_1.jpg (592 KB, 1920x1080)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>Play nomad
>Had 2 vills close together at mid south of the map, found 2 cows, 1 boar, 3 deers, gold and berry nearby, shore fish next to berries too
>'Yes this place will do'
>A few minutes later, find Blue is quite literally next to me
>Third villager that was on the other side of the map walked into a TC and died
>She never got to see her people
>>
File: 20210913144611_1.jpg (757 KB, 1920x1080)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
>>763868
>'No biggie' I will just trush his stone and push im hard on castle age with rams
>What could go wrong?
>Everything went wrong
>>
File: 20210913145324_1.jpg (875 KB, 1920x1080)
875 KB
875 KB JPG
>>763871
>Realization
>Blue directly next to me to the northeast
>Teal also next to me, right to the southeast
>To the north, green
>To east, water, Mongol navy starts pounding my only dock and my farms
>I'm completely surrounded, I will die if I dont escape
>Beg for wood to make a transport
>5 choosen villagers get to the transport, and somehow evade the Mongol navy, sailing across the entire map, from south, to weast, to north and finally deciding to land on the east
>The ones left behind started to get shoot down by Conquistadors, many of them ran to the TC, only few arrived
>>
File: 20210913145710_1.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>763879
>The ones that escaped landed safely in unclaimed territory, away from all danger
>Starting from scratch, but a new humble beginning
>>
File: 20210913145723_1.jpg (686 KB, 1920x1080)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
>>763884
Also forgot to mention orange left without saying a word, out of the nowhere
>The Spanish claimed my base, the few surviving villagers have to abandon the base and flee...
>>
File: 20210913145807_1.jpg (487 KB, 1920x1080)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>>763886
>...Just to land right in the hands of the Mongols
>They all get rounded up by Mangudai and die
At this point I realized I'm pretty much reenacting the Cuman campaign
>>
File: 20210913145956_1.jpg (705 KB, 1920x1080)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
>>763892
>Thought I was safe, turns out I landed quite literally next to the fucking Grey Imperial Age Italian
>'Not even Kothyan khan had to bear with this bullshit'
>>
File: 20210913150424_1.jpg (1017 KB, 1920x1080)
1017 KB
1017 KB JPG
>>763894
>Purple Persian gets run over by the Teal Mongol
>Grey pushes back Yellow with mass arbalests
>Orange went to jerk off in a corner long time ago
>Purple calls it, yellow calls it too
>gg

That was fun even if I got absolutely fucked
Very memorable
>>
>>744216
In team games 1 guy goes knights and the other guy goes archers most of the time.
Or flanks go archers and pockets go knights if its 3v3 or 4v4.
>>
I CANT BUILD PIKEMEN REEE
>>
>>763981
I go elephants
>>
>>764126
Funny enough that used to be meta back when Khmer elephants were unnerfed in their movement speed
I remenber when Husbandry Khmer elephants could actually catch up Crossbowmen
Good times.
>>
>>747705
when the mongols invaded europe, knights fared the best in the few skirmishes and battles that took place before the khan died.
>>
>>764117
You have other qualities Turkfren
>>
>>745741
ask me how i know you live in a cold/temperate country
>>
>>763050
>houfnices destroy your bombard cannons and mangonels
If you're using BBCs, engage from maximum distance. If you're using Mangonels, you need to constantly move.
>>763700
Walls add tactical flexibility to every engagement, and force both sides to constantly think about ways they can either slip past the enemy, or get them to commit to a fight they'll lose.
>>
>>765406
>Walls add tactical flexibility to every engagement
No it doesnt, when you can drush wall into safely FC you know walls dumb down the game.
>force both sides to constantly think about ways they can either slip past the enemy
No? You cannot get in the enemy base if you are completely walled off, or if you get in by a hole then the guy fucked up, and not you did outplay anyone. It's dumb.
>get them to commit to a fight they'll lose.
What are you even talking about? You mean trapping units with quickwalls like Viper does?
>>
>>763642
No, jewish porn is even WORSE. At least scat is straightforward degradation.
>>
>spam pikes, light cav and cats
>kill everything forever
>>
>>747426
>ghostmaster loves to shit on noobs
>gets shat on by 800 elo players
Why are you always so smug when you're actually shit at the game?
>>
>>765418
>No it doesnt, when you can drush wall into safely FC you know walls dumb down the game.
What, as opposed to playing tag with enemy scouts until you're in mid-castle?
Anon, if you can't even get through walls with the open Arabia we currently have, you're absolutely beyond help.
>No? You cannot get in the enemy base if you are completely walled off, or if you get in by a hole then the guy fucked up, and not you did outplay anyone.
Try attacking the villagers who're building the wall, as they build it. It slows down construction. Also, get a real build order and stop complaining about the other guy shutting you out.
>What are you even talking about? You mean trapping units with quickwalls like Viper does?
No. I'm talking about you building walls to limit the number of areas where the enemy can or will break through, or to provide an immediate-but-not-total cover for your archers, so enemy melee units have to move past them to reach them.
>>
>>765726
I only make fun of the scrubs that deserve it.
Also come say this to my face in game, coward.
>>
>>765731
>What, as opposed to playing tag with enemy scouts until you're in mid-castle?
Literally just put a few spearmen in defensive stance and scouts being an issue
>Anon, if you can't even get through walls with the open Arabia we currently have, you're absolutely beyond help.
You're right on this one, this issue I had was a problem of old arabia, but I have seen niggers still trying to wall themselves off, but I got to punish them for that
>Try attacking the villagers who're building the wall, as they build it. It slows down construction.
>'lol bro just archer rush everytime bro'
No.
>>
>>765980
>Literally just put a few spearmen in defensive stance and scouts being an issue
HA. No. They stop being an issue because they can't reach your position, not because you put a few spears around. That's just begging for a M@A or Archer intervention if you aren't on a time limit.
>this issue I had was a problem of old arabia, but I have seen niggers still trying to wall themselves off, but I got to punish them for that
I have no idea how you can honestly look down on people who wall off their base like that isn't the most obvious answer to cavalry raids in history.
>'lol bro just archer rush everytime bro'
Said no one. If the wall isn't finished, the scout can run in and start hitting the vills, getting them to run away.
>>
>>744225
am I bad for using infantry in RA2
>>
>>766016
>That's just begging for a M@A or Archer intervention if you aren't on a time limit.
Why would you get spears if you gonna get MAA or Archer rushed, and if you mean they bring maas or archers with their scouts, then at that point you should have your army there to defend yourself
>If the wall isn't finished, the scout can run in and start hitting the vills
Except that doesnt ever happens because Quickwalling exists
>>
>>766090
>Why would you get spears if you gonna get MAA or Archer rushed
and if you mean they bring maas or archers with their scouts, then at that point you should have your army there to defend yourself
So, I can force you into skirms on a whim after the initial scout rush is done? Amazing. I know you won't acknowledge the benefits that come with walls delaying attacks and possibly trapping over-extended armies, but at least recognize the fact that the only way you can restrict the enemy army's movements and force them to engage you is by walling.
>Except that doesnt ever happens because Quickwalling exists
We're not talking about the lumber camp. I'm talking about the main wall. You get a free scout from the beginning of the game. Make it work.
There's no way you're unaware of how dumb you sound when you complain about enemies walling up their base, as though you were entitled to a rush. Moreover, the post wasn't even about rushes. I was describing the main use of walls in Castle and Imperial, as necessary restrictions on the enemy's mobility.
>>
>>766095
>So, I can force you into skirms
Why would make skirms? I can always make scouts and/or archers of my own
>Make it work.
Sure, if scout didnt blindly wander into enemy TC and/or didnt fight enemy scout then your initial scout can deny wall repairers
>as though you were entitled to a rush
Yes, rush or gtfo
>I was describing the main use of walls in Castle and Imperial, as necessary restrictions on the enemy's mobility.
Stone walling in castle age is dumb, however stone walling in imperial to deny mass hussar floods to harass economy is fair.
>>
>>766133
>Why would make skirms? I can always make scouts and/or archers of my own
Because you can't suddenly transition to the sort of archer boom you'd need in order to contest his archers on a whim, and no one sends archers anywhere without spear support. Skirms do a better job of fighting off archers than your own archers would, and they're pretty much the only option you have before castle.
>Sure, if scout didnt blindly wander into enemy TC and/or didnt fight enemy scout then your initial scout can deny wall repairers
So mind your scout's HP.
>Yes, rush or gtfo
K. I rush, but I also wall as I rush. Enjoy life.
>Stone walling in castle age is dumb
You're doing it to get an advantageous position, mainly. You wouldn't believe how many people are too lazy to outpost-scout. You can take stupid amounts with an early wall.
>however stone walling in imperial to deny mass hussar floods to harass economy is fair.
I do it to monopolize resources, and get control of the trees. One Wonder later, we have intense fights and efficient trades rolling.
>>
File: 1619680303634.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>Queue dodge timers incoming

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.