[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 139 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled.png (3.57 MB, 1920x1080)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PNG
How do I beat China as Japan? My invasion is stalling right here and attrition is destroying my units.
>>
>>722805
Invade the island in the south, the one next to macau then border the straight that leads to the mainland and wait for Chinese troops to border you. Then naval invade the tile next to them so they become encircled and wipe their units. Repeat till victory.

Also, are you playing on a phone? The fuck kind of resolution is that?
>>
>all those unspent XP
just start over and unfuck your division templates next time. you will have enough XP to do it within like 2 weeks of war
>>
>>722812
I spent all my xp on templates and general upgrades. There's no point of me making my templates any bigger since I don't have the infantry equipment.
>>
Just zerg swarm them with the naval invasions.
Green air and good units help but not needed. Just widen the front.
>>
I have -10k infantry equipment, and that's with a full stack of production dedicated to it
>>
>>722825
Just restart at the point and dont be retarded :P
>>
>>722805
HoI4 is a very challenging game. Historically Japan did not defeat China. You must be smarter than the real Japanese generals to win but you do have advantages that they did not.

You should learn, and train your leadership skills as easier nations.
>>
>>722805
Watch a tutorial or play for 300 hours more.
>>
how is it even possible to design an interface as bad as that
>>
>>722877
cease your bait.
>>
File: brainlet supreme.jpg (49 KB, 922x788)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>722805
>How do I beat China as Japan
I refuse to believe this is not a bait question.
If you can't roll over AI-controlled China in HoI, ESPECIALLY in GoY$, then you might be genuinely brain-damaged
>>
>>722805
Is this another one of those threads like with the guy who said blitzkrieg doesn't work as Germany?
>>
>>722805
I would understand if you were asking how to survive Japanese invasion as China. That can be a tough one if you don't know what you're doing.
But invading China as Japan? What is this? Some sort of joke?
>>
>>722985
It's even worse if you play at any other resolution than the default one.
>>
>>722805
Just make 40 w templates
>>
>>723050
>implying OP even knows how to change templates or where to find that option
>or what even templates are
How do you think he has so much exp with so little ground conquered?
>>
>>723019
This one is less funny so far.
>>
>>722805
1) Restart
2) Set your army to training and redesign your default template to be useful
3) Do the first Manchukuo focus (yes, you really want to do that as your first move) before doing anything else. The first one, not the tree.
4) Do all the focuses needed to DoW China
5) DoW China and invade it via land from north
6) Week later land next to Shanghai
7) Week later land next to Fuzhou
8) Use Shanghai forces to cut the bulk of Chinese troops up north
9) Use Fuzhou forces to run over the country and its interior
10) If Guangxi is at war with you, land there, too, preferably in two different spots. If not, DO NOT attack them before you rolled over Nationalists and cut out most of their troops

In other words: don't be a fucking moron that lets AI fight for you by drawing a line and just fighting idiotic push-back war.
>>
>>723051

You use exp to make new sorts of units and for doctrine tree research. What else?
>>
Not exactly the same, but in KR when I unexpectantly ended up at war with Fengtiang led China I too had trouble. Ended up winning by virtue of being able to sustain the intensive fighting longer. After two years their industry couldn't keep up with the demand and their army collapsed due to the lack of materiel. It wasn't a pretty win, but I took it all the same. It was fun because it was such a shitshow.
>>
>>723669
The point is that OP didn't even use it for that.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.66 MB, 1920x1080)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
I restarted and did things more or less the same except I pumped infantry equipment hard with 25 factories dedicated to it.
>>
>>724437
>Third of China conquered
>Nationalists still have any units left
You are still letting the AI fight the war for you, aren't you?

Can someone please explain me this shit in GoY$? What's the fucking point of playing a war game and one at a global scale, when you let AI control your armies. As such, you are left with no gameplay for yourself, so what the fuck?
>>
>>724445
You let your generals fight for you while you strategise on a higher level. I don’t see a problem here, unless you don’t have imagination.
>>
>>724466
>I play a SP wargame in which AI operates my units and fights other AI
>There is nothing wrong in it
Tell us all - what exactly are you doing, given that you let AI fight the war for you? Watching the game play itself?
>>
724445 724478 behold, a seething redditor incapable of thinking at the strategic level. he plays wargames like an rts because he thinks muh clicking fast is somehow better than planning or thinking
>>
>>724478
Handle production and research, diplomacy and politics. Have you played this game or just want to shitpost?
>>
File: 1275389857.gif (2.11 MB, 350x233)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB GIF
>>724493
>>724493
The absolute state of GoY$
>>
>capitalization
>discord tranny gif
yikes, you should have stopped while you only looked slightly retarded
>>
File: image.png (143 KB, 457x285)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
> "Watching the game play itself"
> implying it's a bad thing
non-direct control bros...
when will our time come...
>>
It's bad because the AI is bad. For example, AI can only do a crawl along the whole front, completely neglecting to account for topography, infrastructiure, industrial concentrations, breakthroughs and envelopments. Any retard can look at an area and estimate the better offensive and defensive lines which makes him superior to the AI generals who can only count supply and ebemy division numbers. The AI is also bad at defence for it keeps shuffling dozens of units up and down the front every time one or two territories change hands. You can barely trust anything to the AI.
>>
>>724571
your enemy has the same ai at battles level, that makes exactly the same mistakes
>>
That doesn't make it any less aggrevating. It's like watching continiuous cringe unfolding before your eyes. Even something as simple as spreading an army along a front can be too difficult for the AI as they often fail to put jaeger divisions into appropriate terrain, for example.
>>
>>722810
You mean Hainan?
>>722805
I advise invading SEA first to get those raw materials, then launching a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor so the yanks won't be able to threaten your Pacific Ocean dominance.
>>
>>724615
i am completely fine with watching continuous retarded circus if my enemy has the same handicap
pdx just had bitten too much to make something smart:
- a lot of provinces with various terrain and kind of supply limitations
- pausable real time instead of turn based
- giant amount of potential (but not viable) ways to compose units
remove just one of them, and they could have a chance to write a nice ai
>>
File: secret club newfag.png (549 KB, 1200x1200)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>>724534
Give us all the secret club energy you've got, m8. Meanwhile, >>724571 already got you've covered

>>724575
Which means the conflict drags forever and boils down to who throws more units into it, not who plays better. That without mentioning the obvious - you are watching the AI play for you, rather than playing yourself.

>>724685
Why do you even "play"? Seriously, why?
>>
>>724703
have you ever played majesty?
>>
>>724712
I did.
And guess what - you had to control a shitload of things, but instead of dragging units and sending them, you were setting up a bounty for doing it.
Also, this game is NOTHING like Majesty, so what sort of argument it is? Here, from the top of my head
Majesty
>Set up infrastructure and hire units when needed, which needed
>Send them to do specific tasks when needed
>Set up secondary defenses against spawns at the base
>Wait for the map to finish
>There are countless objectives that require swift action and good execution despite lack of direct unit control
HoI
>Set up infrastructure and build units when needed, which needed (or regate to incompetent AI)
>Send them to do specific tasks, the way you see fit, with full control and maximum efficiency of an actual plan (or relegate it to incompetent AI that's gonna fight a human wave strategy by throwing units at enemy frontline and hoping for numerical superiority)
>Watch your plan going and make adjustments on the run (or watch how AI trips over own legs when trying to execute it)
>There is no timer nor set objective, so all the AI is doing is being less efficient, less competent human player wasting time on nothing and letting enemy prolong the war, often ad infinitum or with detrimental results for player
WHY are you relegating to AI fighting your wars, which is intended to be 90% of gameplay? There is barely anything else in HoI (and always have been) than executing your battle plans. And in case of HoI4 that's literally all there is to it, because everything else have been simplified to the bare minimum. So it's not like the war can be considered a side-dish to other, elaborate gameplay mechanics - because there is no such thing in the game.
It's a fucking battle order simulator with global scale and you are comparing it with a game that was designed for completely different goals and had actual mechanics build for it. The fact AI can (mis)manage your armies is there solely to lower the entry bar
>>
>>724712
Because seriously, what's the point of playing HoI, if you aren't the one behind fighting the war? You are actively resigning from the main dish, and then try to create some insane argument that nope, there are totally other things in it to do.
What's the fucking entertaining value of watching AI do the job for you? And how the fuck you plan to defend it, beyond repeating like a mantra some bullshit about "decentralisation". This is a fucking game about direct control, with no gameplay mechanics when you don't. You simply resign from this or that aspect of the game to not be bothered with it.
And your aspect to resign from is fighting a war. It's like playing a racing game for the background music and not racing itself. At that point you might as well turn on the radio, and here, watch a stream.
>>
>>724728
>>724736
>WHY are you relegating to AI fighting your wars, which is intended to be 90% of gameplay?
because it's fun to give some abstract order (majesty reward, hoi arrow) and look how lots of small units are trying to (not) follow it, how they are failing, how they sometimes succeed, to help them to succeed via supplying them with industry goods, building infrastructure for them, i appreciate the feeling of giving a command to a bunch of retarded minions much more than giving direct orders to obedient figure and babysitting it on a board (no matter the name for board and figures).
> you aren't the one behind fighting the war, your aspect to resign from is fighting a war, no gameplay mechanics when you don't
you are the one, who creates battleplans, who decides how much and which equipment you want to produce, which strategic points you want to focus on, what to research.
> mantra some bullshit about "decentralisation"
i don't care about decentralization or whatever, i care only about my fun and enjoyment
> It's like playing a racing game for the background music and not racing itself.
better analogy would be being a manager game of racing team, where you train racers, upgrade their cars and watch how they will perform on races, using stuff they had learnt.
>>
>>724757
Drawing a line around the border with "attack this way" isn't a plan, mate. I know the game calls it that, but it really isn't. That's just human wave meat-grinder and God forbid if you didn't bring superior numbers AND firepower.
Which in case of OP's problem - how to win in China - is ridiculous, given that China starts with absurd debuffs that AI can't shake off, leaving invading Japan with both superior numbers and firepower. A human player would have zero issues with winning in China, but AI-controlled army will instantly get boggled down.
Also, semi-related:
The battle planner as a tool is such a clusterfuck, short for the % bonus from executing one, you are just better off not wasting hours upon hours to pre-plan things, given that you could just order your units manually and end up saving time, while achieving the same end result. And that assumes we are talking about actual plan being made, not "Average GoY$ Player Draws A Single Line".
>>
>>724763
this all is true and are ones of reasons i actually stopped playing hoi4 at all, but i can perfectly understand people who started to play it thinking that they could get this >>724466 experience, then after a bunch of hours invested into making super detailed plans, realizing that it's all a massive joke, that battle planner is a garbage and need complete rework if pdx will ever want to save it and not just turn into a map mode where you can see your allies attack directions.
>>
>>724676
>You mean Hainan?
Yes, sorry i forgot the name, haven't played in a long while.
>>
>>724757
This sounds like a spectator mode eu4 run with you picking a country and larping political speeches at your monitor while the ai plays the game for 300 years.
>>
>>724437
What are your templates?
>>
>>724814
not really, eu4 doesn't allow such gameplay almost at all, you could get something with vassal hordes, but it's even worse than in hoi, better comparison is vic2 where you look at your capitalists and try to get techs and resources so their industries are more profitable and fail less (i usually play with lf party from the very start), but it's not good too, economic systems are working a bit wrong.
>>
Have you tried pushing the win button?
>>
>>724445
puppeting every single division to attain maximum efficiency and big encirclements is fun for a few times, then it just gets tedious.
>>
>>724445
Letting the AI have 100% is a mark of a noob. Micromanagement is actually an important skill, but equally so is when to use it.

Sure you could control every single unit of your 400 man army across all the fronts around the world, but the best way is to let space fillers, typically your infantry, be handled by the AI unless you are on a desperate defense. Meanwhile, you focus your control, using tanks and special forces, perhaps even ripping control from the AI to use some infantry if you spot a window of opportunity, to make keystone pushes that can turn a whole front around.
>>
>>724703
You’re trying too hard, redditor
>>
>>724922
... and then there is a conquest of China, which depends on infrastructure, local terrain, cutting out the absolute horde of Chink units and what not, so tell us all how microing that is bad and you should try to out-humanwave THE human-wave nation
>>
>>724893
The maximum efficiency comes from delegation.

It is impossible for you to understand the entire front as well as your generals they generate the planning bonus. You cannot. If you meddle you ruin their plan,s and the bonus is lost much faster. Trust your generals.
>>
File: the worst image.png (2.75 MB, 2269x1032)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
Starting as the USA, what should I do with my starting National Guard divisions? Should I just have them garrison the whole country and train up a real military for everything else? Should I just delete them?
>>
>>727346
I think the US starts with an 18 width infantry, so just switch them to that, move them out of areas that are now over supply limits, and then set them to training. Make their template into 20w with an engineer support company when you get 15 xp, so it is 10 Infantry Batallions and 1 Support Company. This now forms your coastal defense forces that stop Japan from landing on your islands or in California/Alaska and to help hold islands. You can then delete the original National Guard division. Do not delete the Cavalry division template, though. You want Cavalry + Military Police for the most efficient division to use on occupied terrain.
>>
>>723050
Actually wouldn't recommend. 40 width with arty will fuck your supply, especially if you overextend your front. Go 20 width spam with support companies instead and just outmaneuver the chinks.
For supply, build a naval base in your state next to Beijing, that way supply doesn't have to move through Manchuria and Korea.
Spamming CAS is also recommended because China doesn't build planes/AA
>>
>>722805
op if you are legit having trouble i would recommend simply looking up a youtube guide. there are lots of videos that show you a 'optimal' focus order, research order, etc. if you really want to know.
But the simple advice would be:
>14 INF / 4 ART as your attacking force (have like 24 of these when you start Marco Polo, and then continue building more for the rest of the game)
>10 INF no support companies as fodder divisions to fill in your front line (have like 48 of these when you start Marco Polo)
>Build at least a trickle of CAS to bomb the Chinese divisions as you push
>Start at the Beijing border and try to move south following the coastline (dont go through Shanxi, your goal is just to capitulate Nat China)
>Opportunistically naval invade either Shanghai or the area around Guanxi Clique to help widen your front
>Once you basically have 'the coast' (where all their factories and stuff is), then begin moving west to capture their capitols until they capitulate
>In terms of how you attack, the best thing to try to do is use your 14/4's in little groups to make targeted attacks to try and get lots of even small encirclements (e.g. lots of double envelopments). it will stop you from just slamming into walls of cheap infantry which will drain all of your equipment especially as you get inland and the infra and terrain gets worse

>>723019

I was one of the sweaties in that thread who swallowed the bait and wrote multiple of the essay long posts explaining all the game mechanics and shit. ill try not to get sucked in again and just leave it with simple advice lol
>>
>>728986

OH sorry one other thing OP that's very helpful. Do NOT forget to take the 'escalate the war in China' decisions BEFORE you attack. When you declare war you have AWFUL debuffs that make your army shit until you spend political power in the decisions to improve it. I think you have to do it 3 times. The cost of doing it is Political Power and it also increases World Tension and so makes the US more likely to hate you, but in SP this is to be expected anyway so just do it.
And similarly with your first 50 PP take the "invest steel in guns" decision
>>
File: Bait Sherlock.jpg (63 KB, 960x931)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>726667
The best part is that you actually believe your own bullshit
>>
>>722805
>>722985
>>723042

yeah holy shit is that what the game looks like at 1080? Can you scale down the UI? I've only played in 1440p and it looks so much less crowded as a result
>>
>>729016
No, OP (again) is a faggot and trollposts about getting filtered by hoi4. This includes playing with some ridiculous 90s monitor tier resolution
>>
>>726667
Anyone who plays the game knows that this is just bullshit. The AI is so bad that literally anyone can understand the front better than "the generals". Without meddling you will just keep seeing your retarded generals make retarded decisions for no raisin for all time. Planning bonus can be received quickly by pressing the I-win-planning button
>>
>>729149
It's not the resolution, the screenshots are at 1080, his UI is hueg for some reason.
>>
File: 1518838977743.jpg (117 KB, 1000x562)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>mfw I send over volunteers to Japan as as Germany when Japan enters the war against China
>Rommel. He has 5 divisions,
>one cavalry div, 3 light tank div, and 1 mot div. literally germany's starting units
>only two months into the war and have single handedly delivered 4 encirclements

about here
>>724437

Rommel and his five divisions are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Chinese.
>>
>>729149
>>729710
>morons not knowing about UI scalling
OP simply overdid with trolling, by making his UI even worse than it is by default
>>
>>722805
The key to hoi4 wars is really simple.
The number 1 thing to remember is:
The AI is retarded. They will leave an overwhelming force on any frontline they can. And because of this, they are easy to exploit.

If you naval invade 6 different locations, the AI will split their army 6 ways, even if each invasion force is only 1-3 soldiers. The AI will literally collapse if you just started going crazy in all different directions. for every tile you take that's more soldiers the AI will send over there even if they are completely unnecessary, because the AI has to cover the entire frontline. 1 single motorized division can draw away 20+ divisions from actual frontlines.
>>
File: tno.png (418 KB, 820x538)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
I have pirated HOI4 and I know many others have too because it's a super popular game to pirate. I have the latest version too but I am having trouble with a mod.
Every other mod I have downloaded works perfectly fine in the game, but The New Order for some reason always crashes on the startup loading screen, and the error logs are empty. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Can someone else who has a pirated version of HOI4 do me a massive favor and try downloading the mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2438003901
https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/

Which will allow you to download the mod files after pasting the workshop link into it. And then try run the mod from the dowser and tell me if it crashes for you too.

Not here for lectures on piracy, not sure why anyone would care either. I just want to play this particular mod.
>>
>>730523
Works on my machine
>>
>>730531
Thanks for confirming that it works at least. And you have a pirated HOI4? What's the update version and did you do anything to the mod, maybe modify/delete any files?
>>
>>730523
pm'd you the fix
>>
I feel like OP has made a lot of other threads like this.
>>
>>730557
kek
>>
>>730089
Considering how brain-dead the AI is and how simplified the combat modifiers are in 4, there is literally nothing to brag about.
>>
>>730571
Those reasons also mean that the game is most enjoyable with some self-imposed house-rules. Hence his sending Rommel's corps to China was probably a pretty fun thing, much more so than seeing the AI melt on the eastern front for the 20th time. Can't fault him for trying to find new ways to play the game.
>>
>>730566
meds
>>
>>730961
... or you could just play a non-shit version of HoI, like 2 or 3. Hell, even fucking 1, a game Frankenstained out of EU2, has better AI and more challenging gameplay.
Also, no, there is NOTHING challenging in sending expeditionary corps to conquer any given country by yourself, because, again, the AI is so fucking incompetent, there is nothing engaging in it. Especially when sending something blatantly superior for the war in question. The only "challenge" you could squeeze out of it is by setting some sort of time limit, like "can I collapse this country into surrender within a month". Still brain-dead, still not engaging in any way and stop fucking acting like GoY$ is some sort of big-brain game where all you need is find your own challenge. You are like those delusional faggots who insisted CK2 is a tough, demanding game, then listing some idiotic restrictions akin to "only play as inbred eunuchs". Oh wow, so challenged by the game!
>>
>>731998
You could just get the expert AI mod and/or turn up the sliders of your enemies, and perhaps even use a toolpack mod to change the specifications of their territories if you want a more challenging game.
What I mean by the toolpack is adding more factories to the enemy and even giving them some extra land if you want a different ahistoric scenario and coring some of their colonial land for them, so they are harder to capitulate or core their occupied territories to free up enemy garrisons and make them stronger in the field. The options go on.

But I do admit that the AI is just a fucking mess with its army management in general, and that will never seem to be fixed. Although expert AI mod also helps this a lot.
>>
File: 1554659824118.jpg (726 KB, 800x1114)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
>>731998
Notice that I said fun, not challenging. Though I'd argue that only being able to control on 5 divisions in a large front makes winning said war more difficult if only by the virtue of the AI having more control. Not that it would amount to anything meaningful.

None of the new paradicks games even factor challenge into their design. Parashitter devs have repeatedly said that what they consider game play is clicking on buttons and popups a few times every minute and letting the game play itself. They aren't designing their games for the experience of operationally outplaying your enemy at the frontline in a contest of tactical skill, but for the >grand
experience of, after a few hours investment of time, seeing your colour on the map and your numbers be bigger, and having fulfilled whichever larp goals you set yourself.

Harping on about challenge in the context of hoi4 is moot. It is like being mad that VN aren't challenging. It's a shit mappainting larp simulator and the devs are incapable lf making it into anything more. As such there can still be some enjoyment found there.

That said, as wargame realism was never even a factor, then going off the rails is where the strength of hoi4 lies. And people have realized this as is evident by the most popular mods being althistory wild ride fun. Sending a wehrmacht corps to China is the first babbysteps equivelent of this fun and, by god, let the man have some fun with a shitty mappainter game, you humongous faggot.
>>
>>732036
>mods will fix it!
If only it worked in real world...
The problem is that both core gameplay and the way how AI handles everything is hard-coded. You can only tweak second-rate values to it, but not basic behaviour. This is ironically not even about how the DLC model fucks things up in the long run (HoI is particularly resilient to this shit), but how the game by itself has terrible base to build on. To "fix" it, it would have to be rewritten from a scratch, something that won't happen, while it is actively designed to be as easy to win as possible (hence the battle planner being a thing in the first place), because that rakes up sales. Paradox realised with CK2 where the actual money is and anyone still hoping they are going to make strategy games requiring a functional brain is delusional. It's deliberately designed to be "broken".

>>732444
All I've noticed is that you move your goalposts whenever you get called out. Grab a (You), cause that's the last one.
>>
>>732610
>he admits his deficient mental faculties and to playing the you game
good, that's the first step towards ameliorating your unfortunate circumstances and retardation, nigger
>>
>>730536
Pirated hoi4, v.1.10.5. Didn't touch any files. Maybe it crashes on 1.10.8?
>>
All you need are 48 14/4s in two armies to beat Japan. looks like you're trying to kill them with your starting army. don't do that. delete your entire army and do the 1 div training strat to get some early army xp.
>>
>>733473
to beat China*
>>
>>732963
Alright thanks anon. I'll try again, maybe it's the interface which is causing problems. If it continues to cause issues, I'll look into some way of removing the files which edit the interface.
>>
>>723008
Literally nothing in HoI4 makes intuitive sense. Don't pretend you didn't sit through hours of guides to figure out how to metagame correctly.
>>
>>733519
Nigger, I'm playing Paradox games since EU2 premiered. GoY$ was where I quit on them. And by that time, the very last thing I needed was guides, considering it's a dumbed down HoI2, but with worse research and HoI3 province bloat (but making separate provinces utterly useless, leaving them behind solely for the bloat).
Still, one would think that when facing a country that receives -90% fighting capacity on its units by fucking game default and one as disorganised as fucking China in WW2 can only be, all it takes is corral those units and power through, setting a new record on how fast China can be overrun, because the AI will be unable to put up any meaningful defense.
>nothing is intuitive
Build trucks, load your lads on them, carry fucking on. It's like this since HoI1. Motorised infantry is the best unit bar none, being cheap, fast, reliable and easily accessible to everyone. Throw some engineers to them, because you're using vehicles, and you're golden. Then just overrun everything on your path and do deep raids within enemy territory, wrecking shit and taking strategic objectives.
How's that not intuitive?
>>
>>733580
Nothing in an highly abstract strategy game like HoI is "intuitive"
>>
File: animU.png (3.53 MB, 1280x720)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB PNG
>>733586
>>
>>733580
you arent wrong hoi4 is a easy game because the AI is so bad but funnily enough going full motorized infantry as japan would be a bad strategy in HoI4 because you don't have the factories to make enough infantry equipment, artillery, support equipment, and trucks to support more than like, a handful of divisions without gimping your entire economy for after the China war
>>
>>722805
Don't call in Manchukuo or Mengkukuo. They widen the frontline into low supply areas and have completely negligible armies.
Build up a port in China to at least level 8 before the war. This will massively help the supply situation.
Don't do any kind of attack until you have completely gotten rid of the Marco Polo Bridge national spirit. Just defend and rape them with CAS and TAC bombers.
Naval invasions are great because to defend all tiles around your landing site, China needs to reposition a disproportionate number of troops. I recommend first doing a naval invasion of Qingdao, and once Shandong (or at least that part of it) is kinda secure, then go for Shanghai. Once that's fine, go for... I think it's Fujian? And also that little peninsula that juts out of southeast China.
In general, China will ram against your lines and get fucked. Just let them do this and run out of equipment - sure, they will be able to get rid of their army debuff, but the loss of equipment is worse because it means once you start encircling and destroying divisions, they will never be able to replace them.
Small encirclements performed over and over again are the name of the game. This is really, really easy once you're south of the river because there's loads of plains in the east of China and almost no rivers, you can absolutely obliterate them once you get here and the war becomes very clearly a matter of "when", not "if".
Eventually, after linking together all your armies that did naval invasions, the front will get so big that you will barely be able to man it any more. Specifically look for opportunities to encircle that won't stretch the frontline even further. If you ever get a chance to shorten the frontline, even better. If no such opportunity is forthcoming, just stop attacking for a while and build up equipment. The China AI is much less happy to charge into you endlessly when they are at 50% equipment and don't even outnumber you any more.
>>
>>733594
Yes, it operates on a completely abstract ruleset, strategies that work in real life aren't good in the game and vice versa
Japan doesn't even have the production to support motorized troops in the China war, that's why the devs added bicycle troops
>>
>>733652
>Japan doesn't even have the production to support motorized troops in the China war
Well they do if you put like four mils on trucks
Not that that's enough to make ALL of your divisions motorised, but why would you even want that? Motorised divisions are bad, end of story.
>>
>>733666
>Motorised divisions are bad, end of story
Yeah, IIRC Japan starts with plenty of cavalry, those should be fine for some extra mobility in China
>>
please just use 2 armies of 14/4s against China, anon, then you'll see this game is all about making a "good" division template. Japan in this game needs NOTHING but infantry divisions, that's it. 40 width 14/4s (14 infantry + 4 artillery) + support companies. Put a few factories on CAS, take the decision that gives you the reduced cost for carrier planes and get the Zero.
>>
>>733666
Trucks are for logistics companies as Japan since infrastructure in China is dogshit.
>>
>>733822
Sry, but the other guy's plan seems more involed and less boring.
>>
i wonder what these 40 width faggots will do when new patch will be out
>>
>>733823
You literally need like 2 factories on trucks to make enough for that. It's almost no trucks.
In fact, 2 factories should also make more than enough for your armoured divisions to have mot. inf
>>733919
I honestly hope the meta is destroyed so badly that it takes months to settle again, this shit is so stale and boring
>>
>>733919
Calculate the next optimal division which will then be shown to the masses within a day or two by one of the e-celebs and that's it.
>>
>>734149
>2 factories should also make more than enough for your armoured divisions to have mot. inf
Am I playing the game wrong or something? I usually need 10 factories on trucks (minimum) to supply my Panzer divisions. Pz Divs have such low org, I just slap mot into their templates the moment I get enough XP to do so. And I usually only have around 5 to 6 panzer battalions per division, any more and org is just lost hard.

Am I overestimating the importance of org? Do I really need to try and keep org as high as I do.
>>
>>734392
A ratio of 3:2 on tanks to motorised is perfectly fine. so either 6 tanks 4 mot or 12 tanks 8 mot are ideal. Any more and yeah, you would be prioritising org over soft attack, breakthrough, and hardness (offered by the tanks themselves).
I can't think of any reason for any country to put 10 factories on motorised. Maybe if you literally have more factories than you know what to do with as USA or Germany after beating the Soviets it makes about as much sense as anything else.
How many panzer divisions are you making? As Japan I barely make any - they just aren't that useful for the jobs Japan needs to do, your infantry is good enough to beat China with only minimal armoured support, and tanks are terrible for naval invasions, jungles, mountains etc. which is what you're gonna be doing for the rest of the game. They're hypothetically good for actually crossing from the West Coast of America to D.C., but jesus, how many games ever make it that far?
>>
>>734550
I usually make tanks as majors like Germany, Soviets, Britain and USA. If I'm playing Italy or Japan or China or something, I'll focus on spamming 20W, 24W and 40W infantry because of how expensive and annoying medium and heavy tank divisions are to make. As the majors I listed above, tanks are a must for breakthrough in my opinion while infantry just kinda carry the momentum.

Mot. divisions help support and keep up with tanks and hold encirclement channels long enough for infantry to arrive and support. Also having mobile light tank divisions as reserves in France while invading USSR is useful for countering the sudden naval invasions the allies throw at you.

I've only ever made heavy tank divisions like twice in fully legit, ironman games. One of them was when I was Germany with expert AI and enemy sliders turned up. I was losing in all fronts after invading a ridiculously strong USSR and losing 9 divisions in Tunisia because the allies spammed a billion troops into Africa.
I basically just held on as long as possible while losing on all sides and heavy tanks were absolutely OP in defending against hordes of ~18 or so soviet divisions attacking one small area.

I developed a tactic from this of endless defense, where I just constantly cycle in divisions to keep an endless loop of defending and recovery. So one division is defending and when it loses like 60% of its strength, I pull it out and move in another division. It recovers and I then swap that division in when I need it. Sometimes it fails when the enemy smashes you too quickly.
>>
>>734579
Expert AI mod is absolutely ridiculous, I hate a lot of the changes it makes (it basically tries to emulate a meta playstyle, so you will see Germany and Italy send volunteers to Japan for example which is just stupid)
Frankly I'd rather have a game that's too easy than deal with its methods of making it harder
Light tanks are useful as Japan because China has no answer to them, a player would just make some AA but the AI doesn't so they can just roll over Chinese divisions with ease, no need to put loads of factories on them tho, maybe 4 is enough
>>
>>734947
Depending on the AI chinese div comps, armoured recon companies might be enough for getting the armour bonus with a minimal supply footprint.
>>
File: no.jpg (59 KB, 700x1244)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I need to run the game in -opengl mode because TNO won't work with DX9 in some cases. But since my game is cracked, I can't figure out a way to run HOI4 in opengl mode. Any smart anons know how I can do this?
Are there any files I can edit to force the game to run with opengl.
>>
>>727346
its a game not real life
>>
>>736503
It's fun to roleplay a little though. I like to keep some cavalry and small infantry brigades in my home territory to garrison towns and keep the peace. Also I like to have an elite regiment in my capital. Beyond that, if I have enough xp for templates and equipment, I will create inland garrison divisions to occupy major cities of my enemies. The only garrisons that actually serve a useful purpose are the ones on ports, defending naval invasions though.

Even though its a big waste of resources and xp, it's still more fun to do this kinda stuff in my opinion. And if things start going poorly for me, or I need some emergency divisions and fast, I already have some garrisons activated that I can quickly swap templates for, refit and then possibly consolidate or just send out into battle.
>>
>>735331
A waste of fuel. Fuel is vital for the navy.
>>
>>738282
That's like one oil (without tech modifiers) per 24div army tho. A pittance compared to naval needs.
>>
>>733597
>>733652
>>733666
>>733691
You people are fucking retarded.
The point isn't to turn your entire army into motorised - it never is, not in single HoI entry. The point is to have cheap, yet powerful and easy to handle mobile unit. NOTHING is as good as motorised in this role in the whole series. Japan can either fight a conventional war in China for almost a year, OR use mobile forces for quasi-blitzkrieg and be done without three months top.

>>733823
Logistics literally don't matter in HoI4, and the incoming changes aren't likely to change that. If logistics will start to matter (good joke), then you will be correct.
>>
>>734392
What you are doing is trying to get your army equipped within a single month. Not gonna happen. It's the same with small arms - at first it looks like you should slap 30 factories into that just to replace your guns pronto, but in reality, anything more than 10 factories is purely situational and you will be overproducing in no time anyway.

>>738282
Why are you saving fuel for the most useless part of your armed forces? Navy literally doesn't matter and is a colossal waste of time and resources for no actual gain. You can conquer the world without the navy beyond transport ships. And it's like this since HoI1.
>>
>>738409
Ah, I meant around one factory's worth of oil which is like 8 individual units of oil.
>>
>>733919
Absolutely nothing, because the incoming changes aren't affecting the reason why 40w is superior, just trying to make your life (slightly) harder for fielding those. It's like that change with space marines years ago, where all they did was reduce the presence of it, rather than actually fixing the problem.
And by the look of it, all it will take is slapping a logistic support company and be done with it, 40w still unaffected. To change its superiority, you would have to rewrite the entire combat resolution from the scratch - which won't happen.
What those changes are going to achieve is making the life of people using human wave doctrine harder, since the main appeal - more battalions at same width - is going to make you suffer from logistics. Considering the countries that start with this doctrine also happen to have shit infra, it's going to be a fun ride for Soviets and Chinks.
I'm betting a fiver that the underpaid interns in charge of the new DLC didn't even realise this
>>
>>738466
>To change its superiority, you would have to rewrite the entire combat resolution from the scratch
What about the following:
>Base combat width is set to 96 and attacking from another direction adds a further 48. The penalty for going over width is now 1% per point.
Why wouldn't this cut it?
>>
File: 20210819124531_1.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1080)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>722805
You need to control your armies anon; the AI controlling your army is a garbage approach.
I haven't played China/Japan yet; I'm busy fighting Allies as Poland.

You need to puncture a hole in their front line and then encircle some units and destroy them completely; it helps with additional advances into territory as they've lost an entire division and any new ones will be rushed (inexperienced have -25% combat).
Units with breakthrough (tanks and motor vehicles if you research within the timeframe) help with this; plus they outrun their units
>>
>>738426
I agree with this anon

You don't create an entire army of motorized divisions; to even suggest the idea is brain dead. The motorized and tanks are for 'piercing' their frontlines since their Breakthrough (how much damage avoided while on the offensive) is high, plus the Hardness/Armour reduces their damage if the enemy division has no AntiTank, TankDestroyer (or similar)
>>
>>738609
>You don't create an entire army of motorized divisions
I can do whatever the hell I want.
>>
>>738617
Well that is true, you can do whatever the hell you want. It's, not ideal to create an entire motor army; unless you've got a huge stockpile of oil.
>>
>>738609
>>738426

literally braindead, speaking totally out of your ass

>>738426
Literally wrong, and make a video of you doing it if you're confident you're right. It's an inefficient and wasteful strategy. 1. Japan doesn't have the economy to make more than a small handful of 14/4 MOT INF divisions, and its wasted production because the speed is literally of no benefit. You don't need any additional speed to get encirclements, you just need more soft attack. And, attempting to snake through all of China to cap VP's as a meme with the MOT will mostly result in you getting fucked by a handful of Juantans when you're out of supply and way too deep. You can get a better, cheaper result with a few CAV.

>>738609
Motorized infantry EXACTLY have the same breakthrough and defense as regular infantry. They are identical to infantry except they are faster and have 10% hardness. In the context of the conversation we are having, we are not talking about making panzer divisions for Japan, because Japan has a shitty economy and you could get maybe 3 or 4 of them, which is pointless because you don't need panzer divisions to break through Chinese lines, all you need is lots of artillery and soft attack because they are so weak. The other retard anon was talking about just making MOT INF divisions. So you are fucking wrong, and the marginal amount of hardness you get is no better than having 14/4 infantry divisions with armored recon companies. If you want to waste your time making fucking shitty panzers to beat China that are totally obsolete for fighting the Allies / USA in SEA than go for it you fucking troglodyte.

Imagine speaking completely out of your ass about fucking HoI4, lol, you beat China as Japan by making 14/4's and right clicking encirclements until they break.

t. someone who actually plays HoI4 against other players instead of the braindead AI
>>
>>738628
pfff I've never played on the Eastern side before. My overall comment was in reference to motor divisions in general, and I am fucking certain my mech motors have 80% hardness and better breakthrough than regular foot infs.
I find the Main Nations to be too easy and thus a boring. I'd say to put your money where you mouth is and add me for an online match but I'm in no position to do multiplayer atm, having no reliable internet. Instead I'll just tell you to go fuck yourself
>>
>>738628
>1. Japan doesn't have the economy to make more than a small handful of 14/4 MOT INF division
Japan DOESN'T NEED MORE THAN A HANDFUL, you illiterate moron. The post explicitly refers to that. You need 5-8 such divisions, not an army of them.
>its wasted production because the speed is literally of no benefit.
Oh, so it's bait. Cool. 3/10, made me take you serious for a second. Won't even bother reading the rest, thou
>>
>>738715
You straight up do not need motorized 14/4's for speed in Japan vs. China, full stop. Sorry you're getting butt blasted about it. You can get ezpz encirclements just as well using far cheaper infantry divisions, China divisions melt against artillery. Enjoy your lack of supply, terrain penalties, and more IC inefficient divisions. You're better off using 14INF/4 to break the line and then snaking to all the VP's with 2 width cavalry for that strategy in single-player. If we're talking about SP then just naval invade all the ports with CAV spam and overwhelm the AI to win easy. I know it breaks your mental Rommel roleplay but you clearly don't know what you're talking about in the context of this easy-ass game. Prove me wrong by uploading a video of you making your sick gigantic motorized divisions and winning faster then you could otherwise.

>>738662
Yeah ok so this retard was talking about why Mech divisions are good in the context of fighting China as Japan in 1937. Real genius here, definitely take his advice.

There is a reason literally no Japan player in MP adopts this stupid strategy. Its cost ineffective and China is only like 25% of what a Japan player is meant to do, that's the easiest part. Japan is then meant to take SEA, beat Raj, and then beat USA's navy. Enjoy trying to naval invade East Indies and drive through Raj with those supply hogs over mountains. Oh wait, you were just talking about how you think you have some novel insight by figuring out you can right click speedier divisions to create encirclements like babby's first Barbarossa. You were trying to flex thinking you've min-maxed the way to do the easiest thing a Japan player is meant to do. Except, it's less optimal because you've wasted a bunch of IC on unnecessarily expensive divisions.
>>
>>738503
That's still unrelated with combat resolution. The superiority of 40w comes from concentration of force, along with how much easier it is to bring reinforcement of 2nd 40w div vs. getting into combat 2nd, 3rd and 4th 20w div. The whole "but 20w has better org" is a complete meme that doesn't take into account 40w has simply more firepower to throw at it and entirely ignores how reinforcement mechanics operate.
The actual solutions to 40w, from the top of my head:
Rework reinforcements, so smaller units have higher chances to join the combat
Rework frontage, so it's significantly smaller and can be made even smaller by right tactics (or increased with tactics)
Rework the entire combat resolution, so damage is dealt on the level of brigade, not division, thus making it irrelevant if it's 40 or 20
Put back the fucking delay counter, and the bigger the unit, the longer it takes to move again
And so on and forth.
Part of the reason why HoI4 is such broken mess is that they've oversimplified the combat mechanics to the point where it goes full circle and breaks the game from the other end than it did in HoI3.

>>738628
>Let's bring nuggets of MP """""wisdom""""" into explicitly SP scenario
>That will show them
Anyone got that photo of the kid from the Großgermanium meme?
And the best part is that you're wrong anyway. Mobility is how you achieve encirclement, because your goal is to instantly follow with infantry, doing the classic zig-zag. You'd know that, if you played with actual people, rather than other kids from school, and played more than just HoI4. Trying to simply overpower your enemy and win by sheer number of soldiers and equipment superiority is what the AI is trying to do when you let it fight the war for you. Which is probably what you're doing.
>you beat China as Japan by making 14/4's and right clicking encirclements until they break.
Case the point: this is a recipe how to bleed yourself over the Chinese horde in a two-year long campaign
>>
>>738772
Imagine being autistic enough to still not know the difference between token mobile force to speed the shit out of encirclement and opening new frontlines against turning your entire army into some mobile abomination.
Imagine also being so bad you can't deliver said token force, claiming "insufficient industry", where trucks are THE most economic gear element in the entire game in terms of production, other than tier 1 firearms.
You could get the argument going in HOI3, where fuel, terrain and supplies matter. HOI4 barely has fuel, and simplified to bare minimum (so your token force can easily use all the gas you have), doesn't account logistics in any way and trucks have enough hardness to turn already gimped Chinese units into utterly inefficient.
>>
>>738772
>No no no, don't build trucks
>Better bring cavalry!
... at this point, you might as well just build regular infantry. Or the biked one, for best of the two worlds.
They go surprisingly well with SPArt build from basic heavy tanks. Not even kidding here. Bikes with heavy SPArt are completely fucking broken, since they move faster than their targets can retreat, while having all the standard benefits of HSPArt-backed infantry division
>>
>>738802
I don't remember how to build SPart and TDs.
>>
File: ItalyIceberg.jpg (128 KB, 480x475)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>722805
What are the current template metas, is 7 2 still good? Specifically for a country like Italy? Also Italy tree when?
>>
>>738836
You research a tank, then you research a sub-model of it (come in SPArt, TD and SPAA flavour), then you produce it.
Basic heavy tank with SPArt is a bane of infantry ever since introduction and it just happens to be cheap and easy to produce in quantity sufficient for that one brigade needed, while moving at the exact same speed as the bike brigades.
The result is Space Marines that might not be Marines, but instead move really fucking fast for such clusterfuck.

>>739176
Try 14/4
Next patch, soon, tm
>>
>>738775
I see. But you'd agree that this revised cw would lessen the gap between optimal divisions and the rest (including 24w "historical" ones)? 48w would still be king but to a lesser degree.
>>
>>739362
Not really.
As in - it's a tertiary factor that wouldn't really change the big picture.
The thing with the 40w 14/4 meta is that it's simply the most optimal way of delivering firepower to the front. It's the best possible package and any other form of doing it in current combat resolution is simply inferior. What your suggestion is doing is making the competition less pathetic, but still not equal or a good alternative - a 40w still would remain the default meta and most optimal option, that would have any other option (except the even bigger width) for breakfast in a straight combat.
Part of the issue comes from the fact that the game doesn't really offer any benefit to keeping your units small. The bigger it is, the stronger it is, plain and simple, without any real downsides to it. In HoI3, you would be butt-fucked by poor infrastructure and insufficient logistics, so your goal would be to have the least-supply demanding unit if fighting in bad terrain/bad infra/both OR finding ways to increase supply throughoutput. HoI4 simply doesn't have such mechanics and the incoming changes to logistics are insufficient (not to mention half-baked) to affect things, too. The game will operate similar to HoI2, aka the arcade mode. Which further incentivise you to create biggest possible unit to get easy and round multipliers to width.

Game's fucked like that, but I have no issues whatsoever with 40w and always aimed for that (in fact, in pre-meta days I was happy with 33 width of 12/3, but that lasted like 2 weeks into playing the game, then it was just 14/4 ever since). It's the 20w endless cope, because they insist for over 5 years to follow inferior meta and refuse to acknowledge the game just doesn't work the way they want it to work. Was funny when it started, but so many years later it's just plain confusing. 20w just doesn't work. And it never did.
>>
>>722805
>draw arrow
>press button
>win
>>
>>736514
This - the game is ridiculously easy and following the META in singleplayer is totally unnecessary
>>
>>739554
>it functions nearly identical to all hoi games
Tell me why I should be surprised that paradox games aren't difficult.
>>
File: 1454164030375.jpg (58 KB, 500x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>739591
>It's fun to intentionally play bad, I swear! I-it's roleplaying, you see!
>>
>>739469
What about limiting the division templates to 12 or 15 or 16 batallions? This would make superwide divisions impossible and would mean that (with a reworked combatwidth of 48 or a more dynamic one or whatever as long as it's not 40) you'd be forced to choose between a wider div with guaranteed overwidth penalties or normal sized one that will fit more snugly. Would this be enough to kill the 40/max width being always the best problem (in the sense that it invalidates ''historical'' compositions)? Or would it just mean that max width of 3/1 inf/meds would still rule?
>>
>>739771
Again, you are treating the symptoms, not the cause.
Do you have the slightest fucking idea how the combat resolution even works? Because I don't think so.
>>
>>739777
No, and I never claimed to, hence my pestering you in this thread who seems to have an idea.

I'm trying to see if there's a perhaps good enough patchwork solution (even if symtomatic) to the 40w issue which I personally don't like. Reading your replies got me wondering whether overwidth penalties could be used as a balancing lynchpin for what you yourself said - a trade-off for the wider designs. Or failing that, to just remove 40w altogether by limiting potential design width.

I'm throwing ideas at the wall out of frustration and not from claiming superior knlwledge.
>>
>>739834
So let me get this straight:
You have no clue how the combat works, but in the same time you want to "fix" it?
... may I ask why, given you don't even know what's broken?
>>
File: 1.png (2.46 MB, 1600x900)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
I'm playing Japan with the Black Ice mod, and my trade influence now has dropped so low nobody will trade oil with me except Venezuela. I have a meagre armour unit that's been using about 1k fuel a day. Should I just park it? Should I sacrifice all my construction to and scrape the bottom of the barrel in oil trade trading away 1 factory for 2 units of oil and shit?

It's dead certain that I'm going to run out of fuel, and this is after stripping every bit of fuel consuming thing out of my army.

And the east indies are so far, I don't have any units to spare to go there.
>>
File: disgust.png (557 KB, 600x400)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
>>740036
>Black Ice
>For GOY$
>>
>>740264
not the same anon, whats the better mod then?
>>
>>724445
The only reason one should let the ai fight for you is if you have such a massive front so that micro managing would make it so an in-game month would take forever. Micro in important/difficult sectors and let the ai worry about the easy bits that you can't be bothered to be worried about.
>>
>>722810
1080p is fine don't be a dick
>>
>>740036
I haven't played the Mod yet but atm i'm playing China in Vanilla.
You don't need to use such a large navy early on; when I started as China I had like 5 destroyers, no support equipment researched, no artillery, and 1918 infantry weapons.
they are piss

unless BlackIce made them more difficult? Can you confirm?
>>
>>740591
It's not about that. It's the disgusted surprise that someone works on BIce to operate on GOY$.
Compare with, say, BIce for HoI3.

>>740601
>t. GOY$ nigger showing exactly how stupid the playerbase is
>>
File: sdklfwof.png (1.44 MB, 1300x1073)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>740849
>Compare with, say, BIce for HoI3.
>playing turd3
>>
>>740001
You misunderstand me. I don't want to """fix""" combat, I want 40w superwide division templates out of my games for I hate their existence. If the AI doesn't build then there's nothing to fix from my perspective as I can just refrain from building them myself and live with using suboptimal templates along with the AI. Having divisions in the 20-30w range not be abysmal due to impotent game-design would be a welcome bonus however. I'm wondering if I there is anything else that could be done to equalise them further.

MP fags can have their fun however they want, they'd min-max any system and it might as well be 40w cookie-cutter division for all I care. Let them have at it. I literally don't care or think about them at all.
>>
File: dulled.jpg (60 KB, 714x454)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>741153
I don't even feel like writing a mock reply, so here:
You're a moron.
>>
File: Confusion.gif (296 KB, 529x720)
296 KB
296 KB GIF
>>742148
But if you don't understand the game mechanics, why are you bothered with 40w divisions?
It makes no fucking sense: you don't know the mechanics, you clearly don't understand them, yet you have a strong stance about some element of it, without even ability to tell why said element is bad.
>>
>>742180
wtf, are you pretending?
It's existence is annoying for it breaks immersion and works against the very thing the game is supposed to be selling. It's as if there were an fps that had a 99-round magazine standard G3. I can hate its existence without knowing the specifics of how the game simulates ballistics and spread and meta balance. Thinking that I have to know the code to not like it boggles my mind.
>>
>>742210
>It's existence is annoying
Because?
>it breaks immersion
How and why?
>works against the very thing the game is supposed to be selling
Why and how? What is the game supposed to be selling, too?
>It's as if there were an fps that had a 99-round magazine standard G3
What?
> I can hate its existence without knowing the specifics of how the game simulates ballistics and spread and meta balance
Of course that you can, but that makes you look like a complete moron who hates something he's utterly clueless about. As if your hate came directly from lack of understanding, rather than any actual fault, since you can't even articulate it.
>Thinking that I have to know the code
I never said anything about code. I said that you need to know game mechanics to be able to complain about their resolutions. Those are two different things.

To put it into some perspective:
Imagine a child insisting on pushing a square peg into round hole. The child gets fussy about it, and when asked what's wrong, the child throws a tantrum about the game being wrong.
Is it the game being wrong, or the child ignoring the rules of it?
>>
I'm truly lost here. Are you like one of those autists who grasp equations and formulas, but can't relate to basic human concepts and emotions?

>that perspective
No, you fucking retard. By using your example it would be somewhat similar if I had a green peg and was wondering if I could get it in blue because I didn't like green and the board used primary colours, but there's a fucking dumbass teacher hoovering over my shoulder telling me that everything was fine, see, round pegs go into round holes, and asking me whether I understood this over and over, completely misunderstanding what I was even talking about because she was a lacking in mental faculties to comprehend even the simplest concepts outside of the mechanics of the braindead game.

The irony of your retarded ass accusing others of not understanding is as sweet as it is hilarious. Just fuck off with your clueless idiocy.
>>
>>742427
>Be asked clear-cut question
>Goes on ad hominem rant instead of answering
Here ends the credit of doubt you were given, now fuck off
>>
>>742177
>manchild is upset when his childish hobbies are shown for what they are
>he thinks he's smart by crying and calling other people morons
Go play in your sandbox some more, little kid.
>>
>>740849
a mod is a mod; if it severely improves on hoi4 then why the fuck not. from your response im assuming the mod is great but the game itself is garbage.

as for hoi3, I didnt play it long enough to see what the fuss, youre currently making, is about.
>>
>>743164
The point is more about "why would even try to make BIce for 4" than "mod bad". Consider this:
BIce is a big autism mod about logistics. 4 doesn't have logistics at fucking all.
>>
>>743400
fair call.
Well, considering I've currently only got hoi4 and no proper internet for game downloading then what mod would you suggest (for future download), of the two 'lesser evils'?
Duly noted for hoi3 BIce
>>
File: What was Ukraine thinking.jpg (690 KB, 1920x1080)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
What were they thinking when they left the Reichspakt?
>>
>>743988
/roll 1d4 isn't thinking, anon
>>
>>743784
FODD for HoI2/DH
BIce for HoI3
HPP for HoI3
And that's literally all there is to it, series-wide. I don't even consider HPP to be a mod at this point, it's akin to DH for HoI2, just needs an official release.
Also, a fair warning if you never had any contact with it prior: BIce for HoI3 is autism incarnated. It either clicks for you instantly, or it never really will.
>>
>>743784
>>744652
Out of curiosity, either of you willing to handle the files? Because sure as hell I didn't buy GoY$ and thus won't access the official forum, while I'm curious if and how they've managed their attempt to polish a turd like this.
>>
>>744660
I mean the files to BICE for GoY$.
>>
>>722805
Make 40 widths as your main infantry and send 40 width marines down the coast.
>>
File: 20210830092719_Capit.jpg (610 KB, 1920x1080)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
>>722805
Completed China. See incoming pics for some info. Don't crucify me for playing Veteran difficulty, it was my first time as Japan...
>>
File: 20210829161550_res.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>746531
I tried to rush their Capital city but got swarmed by the fuckers before I could make it; the redeployment bypasses the air superiority.
So I targeted their steel resource territory. Since you can't drain their manpower, you're best option is to drain their weaponry
>>
>>746531
>>746620
I want to see just one stat:
Your loses.
Everything else is just a filler when compared with how many people you've lost.
>>
File: 20210830113157_losses.jpg (672 KB, 1920x1080)
672 KB
672 KB JPG
>>746631
I only used two motor divisions, 3 armour divisions. the primary infantry in the template i would use to push with (alongside the light tanks) and I used the secondary infantry (in the screenshot) to protect the advancing lines.
I do recall completely losing 2 cavalry units to an encirclement; that made me rage so I took longer to end the war because I wanted to triple the favour.
>>
>>746631
the primary inf had support art but i question whether it helped all that much, because you get a 50% attack penalty from that "Marco Polo Bridge Incident". My suggestion would be to just bypass the incident; I haven't tried it yet but I reckon waiting an additional 6months so avoid any penalties would be far better so as to push quicker.
>>
>>746654
forgot the pic, ops*
a number of encirclements at times also.
>>
File: 20210829211626_chrge.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1080)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
>>746656
wtf is this?? attempt #3 for the space cadet.
controlling the sky helps to slow their movement (unless they strategically redeploy) so as to outflank them before they can get to their supply lines in time
>>
>>746646
>>746654
I'm not talking about how many divisions you've lost in fight, but how many MEN you've lost inside those.
One of few good things HoI4 does is keeping track of your manpower and your combat loses, down to a single soldier. It doesn't matter if by the end of the war you've lost only a division or two, when in reality, you sustained 70 or even 80% loses in your divisions due to heavy combat. Them being replaced with fresh meat doesn't mean you didn't lost them.
>>
>>746665
Uh? I attached the figures here: >>746646
>107k losses.
But it only shows one year's worth and I started the war on July 14 1937
Perhaps you could save me the time and direct me to where the full information is located??
I've never bothered to look at deaths.
For what it's worth: I remained "Limited Conscription" the entire time...
>>
>>746801
Post a screenshot of the war statistics while the war is still going on.
>>
>>746531

But are you ready for the real war?
>>
>>722805
How fucking bad one must be to struggle conquering China as Japan? What is this shit?
>>
>>746985
i'll play on Elite after this round and then save the results.
Just know that I won't be doing the Marco Polo focus while playing Elite difficulty.

>>748182
Against who? In my Veteran playthrough I control 90% of the rubber, rendering USA's air force totally irrelevant and I'm forcing the Soviets to fight on two fronts.
To struggle as the Japs against the Chinese means you're letting the AI do some of the fighting. Dont use AI for the fights against the Chinese. Simple.
>>
>>750180
>Don't use AI for the fights at all
ftfy
>>
>>750180

You do not control that nuch rubber the USA can, and will build synthetic rubber factories. You cannot stop them this way.
>>
>>754711
>Retard going full retard
Color me surprised
>>
>>754711
>you do not control that much rubber
I do actually. Dutch East India and Malay have already capitulated. I made sure to take Britain's Sri Lanka island.

>USA can, and will, build synthetic rubber factories
yeah. and they have to build those refineries dont they? that takes time. and it's 1942; one factory providing less than 10 rubber lol. meanwhile I've currently got my navy bombers and mostly tactical bombers (greater range) freely laying waste to any navy that gets close because their production is maxed.
My focus is taking care of the Soviets. When the Soviets submit then I can focus my efforts on USA.
>>
>>756648
Serious question:
Is there any mod that re-balances the resources globally and does ONLY THAT?
So Africa is the source of iron ore and chromium for France and UK, rather than empty nothing. So Berlin region isn't this big producer of everything for game-balancing reasons. So Manchuria has actual oil industry, rather than symbolic presence of oil. Etc.
I'm so sick of this shit thoughout HoI series since 2. 1 was the only game that had resources spread at least semi-realistically, but from 2 onward, it's just game-balance bullshit.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (24 KB, 678x452)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Anyone here knowledgeable about BICE? I'm giving Romania a shot but I'm not sure what division templates or overall build I should be going for, especially since supply gets absolutely fucked on once Barbarossa kicks off
>>
>>757378
You should play germany first.
>>
>>756692
Only HoI4 mod's I've heard that introduces those kinds of challenges and a sense of realism is:
-Total War
-BlackIce Historical Immersion

I haven't downloaded them yet to test them myself but I've got proper internet now so looking forward to trying them.

>>757378
consider playing a major nation first if you haven't already. From memory the modder (he has a twitch channel iirc) had indicated in one of his streams that he was aiming to make it 'historical' as opposed to 'balanced' playstyle. So trying to play a lesser nation means you'll have an even harder time than usual
>>
Bought a HoI 4 key and pirated the DLC just to play Old World Blues. Having fun right now. Any other really good mods?
>>
>>758870

Did you really need to include that you stole the DLCs? Are you proud because of that fact?

If you are so poor that you cannot afford a few dozen dollars for the DLCs then you should be sorting your life out not playing video games.
>>
>>723050
China doesn't have the infrastructure to support 40 width divisions.

Get cavalry or bicycles so you can move quickly through rough terrain.
Do a mass naval invasion in the south.
Fan out and expand rapidly before they can reinforce.
Secure defensible terrain on hills and rivers to fend off their reinforcements while continuing to grab territory with cavalry.
Out flank and encircle their separated lines.
>>
>>722805
first get a real monitor.
Then don't be retarded, try something new.
>>
>>740591
total war
>>764270
they do nigga just put logistics company on 14/4s, improve the naval port in dalian or east hebei, and add +1 infra on mengkukuo where your 20w's will sit
>>
>>724466
turn up the difficulty then and watch your divisions get mulched. You need to micro your armies if you ever want to be god, otherwise GoY$ is just a map painting simulator
>>
>>722805
New player and wanted to chime in. Never played a 4X game but wanted to start with Hearts of Iron 4. Side question the DLC isn't that important? Or should I eventually get them?
>>
>>768251
DLC is important, pirate or buy it on sale. You can skip Battle for the Bosporus.
Play Germany first to learn game mechanics.
>>
File: Halp.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>>722805
I have the same problem with you but in reverse.
I am China and control 95% of Asia but I can't break into the japanese home islands.
I do not have a navy, but every paratrooper invasion I have tried in the south has failed.
If anyone has any advice I would welcome it.
>>
>>769797
Make nav bombers
>>
>>769824
I have a lot of nav bombers. I have a lot of air. I just can't get into the actual Japan.
>>
>>769840
Land: research paradrops to III, produce 13/7 mediums-motorized with signal, recon, logistic, engineers, and maintenance
Air: produce Fighter IIIs with fully upgraded agility
Sea: produce memesubs (Sub III body with IV torpedoes and engines) and cruisers
put your ships at the port
let them in, preferably in India so that they would be preoccupied with the vast lands
with almost all of their army are either on India or East Indies, paradrop to Japan and attempt to take a port
ship your medium tanks there with subs+cruiser protection and blaze it
>>
>>769976
>1948
nevermind, you must've researched Jet Fighter Is by now, upgrade the agility to the max first, then reliability (stay above 80%) and attack
keep producing those NAVIIIs with the same upgrade path, by the way
about land, 14/6 modern-mechanized with the same supports
sea stays the same
>>
>>764270
>China doesn't have the infrastructure to support 40 width divisions.
Infrastructure literally doesn't matter for anything at all in GoY$

Other than that, agreed, beyone maybe bikes (you don't need them in China)
>>
I keep trying to play HoI4 but I just can't. Playing as USSR, rhere's a moment everyone just declares war on me for no reason, even though they share my enemies. I manage to hold on for a year, but fucking America and the UK seem to have unlimited armies or some shit, I'm completely outnumbered, surrounded and they still have manpower to conquer the rest of the world where I'm not. In the mean time, I have a hard time advancing my armies and gaining territory, they're always so slow.

I'm using some recommended templates, but essentially exclusively infantry and tanks. I always make sure to have proper air support. But I always leave the armies to automatic orders for defensive and offensive frontlines. I also don't use any nave (and I honestly don't understand how they work, why do they have to be so complicated?). So I'm guessing my next step is getting more unit types like mountaineers, micromanage troops manually (although this is a whole other can of worms, combat is complicated), go for more naval invasions and try to influence more countries into communism to get more allies.

But man I just wish easy mode was actually easy. Or that nukes actually did something.
>>
>>724466
this is what i thought hoi4 would be, a comfy game where i take care of the economy and logistics while the army takes care of itself
alas there is absolutely no strategising on a higher level involved and you have to constantly redraw the frontlines anyway
>>
>>728942
Without artillery or tanks you'll never beat the Chinese because they have superior numbers and Mass Assault doctrine. You need artillery and especially tanks to break through their front and gobble up their divisions bit by bit.
>>
>>763630
>few dozen dollars
DLC is $52 if you buy the discounted super bundle that doesn't have skins.
>>
>>763630
(you)
>>
>>722805
Capture a few cities, push up to occupy mountains and rivers, sit there while your enemies crash into you until they run out of supplies (6-12 months), run over their entire country now that they can't fight
>>
>>769984
I have not researched fighter jets because I fucked the japs so hard in the air they are down to 300-200 planes and I have full green air over the islands.
I could go for the land divisions you suggested but I can't seem to land paratroopers in a place that would allow me to send more reinforments to the home islands.
Maybe I will research subs and naval transports just to get naval superiority in the Sea of Japan since their fleet is almost dead thanks to the Nav Bombers and plan a gazillion naval invasions with some nukes.
At this point the war is won, I just can't finish Japan.
>>
>>724466
>You let your generals fight for you while you strategise on a higher level
This is the opposite of how to win any war in HOI4, you'll autolose unless you have incredible superiority.
Micromanage to capture the shortest line (smallest number of provinces) possible that's behind rivers and on hills or mountains, let them attack into you where you'll take zero losses and then attack when they're exhausted.
>>
File: 1612501217423.jpg (33 KB, 319x440)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Having already owned CK2, EU4, and Stellaris, with most of the DLC for all of them which game would you get? HOI4 or CK3?

HOI4 seems good for multiplayer, but extremely shallow for singleplayer campaigns. I have played around 10 hours during the freeplay this weekend.
>>
>>771084
>I cannot make decent battleplans.

Here is a hint: draw a line to Moscow = win is not true.
>>
File: lmao.png (3.6 MB, 1920x1556)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB PNG
>I'll just play a quick game of Russia to have fun and roll over the Reichspakt, they always collapse!
Reichspakt when I play vs them:
>>
>>770423
who exactly are you attacking first that is causing the Allied Faction to fight against you?
>>
>>770423
with navy i'll sum it up

you have:
1. submarines
2. screen ships: destroyers and light cruisers
3. capital ships: heavy/battle cruiser and battle ship
4. carriers (classed as a capital ship iirc but still it's independent unit)
- the submarines hunt convoys primarily but can also do serious damage to fleets that contain few destroyers
- the screen ships help to protect both the capital ships and the carrier because those cost a lot to build. also they're ideal for convoys because they use less fuel
- the destroyers are also important because they hunt the submarines ('depth charges' value) so as to prevent submarines from sinking convoys and doing underwater damage to any capital ships they encounter
- the capital ships are the primary fighting force but as stated they still need protecting because having them sink is a huge blow to production cost
- the carriers hold the planes that are there to add additional damage during fleet battles, eg. using the CAV naval bombers

i usually use at least 6 screens per capital, but I am weird with numbers so maybe go with 4-5, just check because it will give the appropriate "screen efficiency"

and i use a sizable patrol fleet of destroyers and light cruisers to scout the sea zone and leave the battle fleet parked in a navy base, because fuel usage by capitals is savage

>>770928
the entire game is strictly about warfare. if you want economy and logistics then go play EU4
using the shitty arrow and drawing battle plan mechanism is pointless af
>>
>>722805
pro tip to anyone in here. don't use the fucking battle planner unless it is to puncture a hole in their front line defense.

.>>746631
here is that screencap i promised, of the death count
>>
>>773537
warfare is mostly economy and logistics. and for a game strictly about warfare the combat is awful, for instance they completely omitted the winter war because their system can't simulate it at all
but it's not a game about warfare. paradox would sooner add le epic polish commonwealth and restoring le byzantium as basileus adolphus than make any improvement to the shitty combat system
>>
>>730523
Quit being a nigger and buy it you worthless faggot
>>
File: He can't be.png (296 KB, 459x450)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>770423
>But I always leave the armies to automatic orders for defensive and offensive frontline
... and you wonder why the fuck you keep losing?
>>
File: [Screams externally].gif (944 KB, 264x320)
944 KB
944 KB GIF
>>773537
>if you want economy and logistics then go play EU4
>EU4
>economy
>logistics
>>
>>771129
>HOI4 seems good for multiplayer
It's literally everyone playing the exact same meta, regardless of which country they've picked.
>>
>>773542

But did you invest too much into your army to be able to build the navy that you will need to defeat the Americans?

That is the difficulty in playing as Japan you must focus on everything but you do not have enough it is a difficult balance to accomplish.
>>
>>773667
>Send starting fleet to protect Alaskian shores
>Land there before American AI does anything
>Steamroll the entire continent
Oh wow, this sounds tough!
>>
>>773631
The only niggers are idiots stupid enough to pay money for a Paradox game
>>
>>773590
download one of the mods. the vanilla game is designed to reach a broader audience, ie. piss easy.
the BlackICE mod hits hard on the importance of supplies. I was constantly struggling for fuel during the Chink landings. I haven't tried the Total War mod yet.

>>773667
bitch (endearingly), who says I'm giving the Americans the justification to join the war? Once the Soviets submit then I can target Muttland. Don't make the real-world mistake the Japs made by attacking USA early and giving them a Casus Belli

>>773701
the game is modded and the difficulty restricts steamrolls. I'm just hoping the Chinese were the exception to that because 38k deaths compared to 1m, like cmon, wtf is that. in the mod there is a lot more equipment to produce (fucking trucks for artillery, and horses for cavalry for example)
I haven't fought the USA on land yet.
also, with this mod I doubt your approach can work because of supply issues

>>773649
but EU4 is economy. i confess the 'logistics' word should have been left out. It's just odd hearing someone not want to handle the warfare and tactics of a game and just leave it up to the "omnipotent" battle planner. the battle planner plays the human wave approach.
if we want to get super technical, Vic2 is for more for economy
>>
>>773654
>same meta
uh? different countries have different advantages

care to share what this meta is?
ty in advance
>>
>>773542
>don't use the fucking battle planner
shit advice
using the battleplanner is mandatory for offensive operations as it gives massive bonuses to attack through the planning
the problem with it is that you can't stop the ai from touching your fucking divisions, destroying their entrenchment and moving them about randomly, which everyone should keep whining to paradox about until they finally give us the option to
>>
>>774318
You can stop the AI from moving. You give your general a garrison order to a neutral country and then draw a battle plan with the field marshal. That way you still have planning bonus and the AI won't move your units.
>>
>>722805
It's very simple.
Have 4 40 width light tanks divisions (12 light tanks 8 motorized brigades with support motorized reconnaissance, engineering and maintenance), when you start developing medium tanks phase out the light for medium tanks, changing one brigade at a time of light tanks for medium tanks as you get more medium tanks in stockpile, although you can kill China before this.
Have as many as you can mountaineers divisions with 14 mountaineers and 4 artillery, with support cavalry reconnaissance, engineers and artillery.
Use mountaineers to push in mountains, use tanks to push in plains or forests.
Encircle enemy divisions.
Do 20 width infantry with artillery support for the rest of the army.
Do tactical bombers and some heavy fighters, but focus more heavily in tactical bombers, heavy fighters on air superiority and interception and tac bombers on ground support.
Move your mountaineers to the north, then fill the line with as much infantry as the supply limit allows you, declare war and let the Chinese attack you, at the start your attack and defense will be lowered so no need to try to push fast.
As you lower the penalty and Chinese troops have died attacking you, encircle them with mountaineers, north China is full of mountains and tanks won't be as useful.
As you move south from the north, bring the tanks and keep encircling.
Don't push with infantry.
Use the rest of the infantry to naval invade around the centre and southern coast of China, this allows you to move more troops into China that are in other supply zone.
Once Chinese troops start being badly equipped you can probably finish with a simple push by the AI.
Your 20 width infantry doesn't need to be fully equipped, focus on getting the mountaineers and tanks.
With this you can kill China fast without many casualties.
>>
>>774318
>>774382
You can create a AI plan to get planning bonus but not activate it and move the troops yourself.
>>
>>774385
The problem is that is that the AI still tries to move your units around to balance your defensive line. It makes it a giant pain in the ass to concentrate troops at a key point for an assault.
>>
>>774390
No, the AI will not move your units at all if you make a garrison order to a neutral country they can't move to.
>>
>>774390
The troops you are concentrating should either be tanks, special forces or different in infantry templates of the one holding your line.
Worst case scenario you can make two frontlines a big one to hold and a smaller one to concentrate the army.
For me it feels more intuitive than using a non intended feature.
>>
>>774318
>shit advice
check my death count faggot. and that was on Elite difficulty in the BICE mod.

like i said, the battle planner is just for puncturing a hole in their front line, thanks to that bonus attack modifier we both have mentioned.
outside of that, the planner is fucking annoying having my units move around out of position when I'm trying to take advantage of breakthroughs
>>
What's the best tutorial for this game? In particular, I played the intro campaign enough to feel like I understood the mechanics of the army and airforce, but the navy side of things is incomprehensible to me.
>>
File: 1632369847618.jpg (79 KB, 469x639)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Played every ideological route of every major power + every minor power with a tree and felt like I was out of things to do, left becasuse my frustrations with the AI outweighed the satisfaction of map painting. That was like 2-3 years ago.

Is it worth coming back?
>>
>>775002
no, if you left because of the ai then no amount of content or reworks is going to bring you back
>>
>>774996
Read this, regarding the navy: >>773537
>>
>>775033
That part I get but the task force stuff confuses me. Maybe I just have to give it another go.
>>
>>771081
your only solution to counter their hundreds of land divisions is to either nuke them or let them pour into India/Indonesia
>>
>>775009
Wow so they still haven't fixed it?
What the fuck.
>>
>>775129
buy MtG, prepare yourself
preferably if you have a puppet on your own, don't borrow any of your puppet's division yet
when the war starts, ask for ALL of your faction members' divisions as Expeditionaries
so that if everyone else didn't agree of your request to borrow their entire armies, as long as your request of ONE division from your puppet is allowed, you can take control of EVERYONE's division

yes, it's cheesy
yes, it's broken
but if they still didn't fix the AI bunching issue, that's the only way to prevent it for now
>>
>>773542
>free shipyard
>warsupport already tanking to 60% in 39
Bro are you retarded? this interface just hurts
>>
File: 1449770564865.jpg (30 KB, 628x488)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>774292
>>
>>774318
>using the battleplanner is mandatory for offensive operations as it gives massive bonuses to attack through the planning
... which can be achieved WITHOUT executing the plan, simply having ANY.
That without mentioning the obvious: if you use your troops manually, you are overcoming with the power of your functional, human brain any obstacles the game can throw at you.
I get it, GoY$ lowered the bar to the level of the sub-basement when it comes to entry point, but unfortunately entry point doesn't mean you are even half-decent at the game. It just means you are a moron that can't wage a war on his own and leaves it to a dreadfully incompetent AI, in some delusion that it's great to play a war game without fighting the war itself.
>>
>>774384
>12 light tanks 8 motorized
>20 width infantry
>No actual artillery, just support
>As Japan
>Against China
Not sure if this is serious, or just an elaborate ruse for (You)s.
I mean the gist of it is correct - encirclement with fast units - but the whole think just reeks of bait otherwise.
>>
>>774996
The best advice for navy:
Don't bother. You don't need it for anything and it's a pointless resource sink for no real reason beyond larp. If your country is land-locked, then all the navy you will ever need will be transporters and maybe a token force of most basic destroyers, but that's a big "maybe".
And definitely don't follow the retarded shit that >>773537 produced, since he's not just wrong, he's actively suggesting stupid things

>>775229
>Building ships
lmao
>>
>>774390
Have you fucking played the game even once, or just watched for 2k+ hours some v-tuber doing it?

>>775105
Or, you know, encircle them and wipe them out, like a normal human being, rather than retarded AI that's simply pushing forward and bleeding out on any given obstacles.
Never cease to amaze me how incompetent GoY$ players are and how vehemently they are going to defend using battle planner/relegating army to AI control.
I bet you actually think it's hard to do world conquest as Luxembourg or even do such trivial task like winning against Italians as Ethiopia or conquering Germany as Czechs/Poles.
>>
>>775236
He is a zoomer who watch hoi4 multiplayer video on youtube and thinks he smart.
>>775238
>lmao
Found the china/sovietunion player.
>>
>>774996
>the navy side of things is incomprehensible to me
The navy side is a joke. You can spend a ton of time designing and building the most optimal grand fleet, then the enemy fleet goes and loses all their ships to some naval bombers you forgot about and never rebuilds anything worth while. It's a major disappointment
>>
>>775243
Found the cunt who can't play the game.
Not in a single HoI game navy was worth it. And short from transport ships, you never needed more than your starting navy - even if that meant starting with no navy whatsoever.
>>
>>775617
Maybe you have fun cheesing your shitty singleplayer games with paras and conquering the US in 39, I don't care what you doing. To tell a newbie to throw an entire gameplay aspect of the board because it isn't 100% meta is more than retarded. It's a singleplayer game, retard. Go zoom zoom, faggot.

And I'm pretty sure you nigger misses the point that he isn't even playing normal hoi4 in his screenshot.
>>
>>775647
>Maybe you have fun cheesing your shitty singleplayer games
>It's a singleplayer game, retard
My fucking sides... Jesus H. Christ, make it stop!
>>
>>775647
Fucking based post. Minmax autismos seething
>>
>>728986
I find I don't need filler units, I just use my puppets units and they work fine. Saves manpower. Also, medium bombers work best for China because of the challenges with supply and ranges involved.
>>
>>775835
... his post has nothing to do with min-maxers
>>
>>776023
>ignoring navy entirely because naval bombers
>not min-max autismo
cmon now
>>
>>775230
dude my post was in response to like 4 people; what exactly in the post is a 'bait'?
no it wasn't a bait; and what seems to be the problem here?
>>
>>775243
fuck off faggot.

do you cunts play multiplayer; I'm getting keen to face some of you armchair generals so you can put your money where your mouth is.

my one issue will be the ability to not pause because that's the primary advantage over the AI: to pause, to assess the situation and then act accordingly.

38k deaths against china using BICE Mod on Elite difficulty: >>773542
>"separating men from the boys" according to the developer
kek.

>>775229
>free shipyard
because im not interested in the shipyards since i'm not even fighting USA anytime soon so why keep increasing my fuel consumption unnecessarily? on-top of that it isn't even a shipyard i built, it was from the territory i conquered from china.

>war support
mate, the war support drops gradually in BICE when at war; it's literally my second playthrough using BICE mod so most likely there is a way to boost the war support.
i moved on to Elite difficulty immediately after i defeated the chinks on hard difficulty as the japs.
>>
>>775229
i love how, out of a screenshot that is focusing on the KDR against china, you will look at my fucking interface. well done.

38kdeaths compared to over 1mill kills.
by your logic, apparently i don't know what i'm doing when it comes to AI (not like AI has any functioning brain in this game, but that's not the point in this scenario)

anyway, who's willing to to give me a quick rundown on multiplayer using one of the two mods? is the timer set on a specific speed for example? and is the person who controls the timer playing a minor nation, because the host holds an advantage by being in control of the timer.
^this question applies to you too :>>775242
ty in advance
>>
>>775242
i confess, germany took me longer time to conquer as the Poles, compared to my 1st time jap playthrough win against the chinkies. plus it was vanilla mode

BICE is nice, ty for the earlier suggestion. I should have downloaded it sooner, same guy here (>>776555) asking for the answers regarding multiplayer
>>
>>775230
also if you're referring to my second post, then I recently just learned that USA joins the Allies even without me provoking them as japan. so I've been casually chilling, building up some equipment storages and increasing compliance in chink territory, watching Germany exhaust themselves on Soviets (i intend to stomp the axis eventually), not realizing that USA had already entered the fight for close to a year.
if thats the 'bait' you meant, then there's the clarification

like i've stated earlier, it's my literal second playthrough using this mod as my third time playing as japan
>>
>>775080
the task force is just the name of the particular fleet under the admiral's command. up to 10 fleets per admiral. and i assume it's named 'task force' (and someone correct me if im wrong) because of the following:
-"task" is the particular job being assigned (eg. patrol, convoy raid, convoy escort, naval invasion, etc.);
-"force" is the fleet that you've designed, (eg. a fleet of say, 20 submarines)
and since the sea is comprised of 'zones' you will have the fleets designated to them according to your desires/strategy.

so another easy example: 3 fleets of submarines tasked with 'convoy raiding' in 3 zones in the Pacific ocean
hopefully that helps a little more with your understanding

moving on, someone mentioned in the thread that the AI doesn't bother much with the navy and I really hope that's not the case in BICE because I spent a great deal of time being particular with how my navy is going to fight against the allies when the soviets surrender. i'll be let down if they're a flop
>>
>>775234
you are such a fucking nigger
my whole point was that the ai starts moving your fucking units on its own if you ever so much as draw a frontline, which i hate because i messes with my manual micro, but am still forced to struggle against because of the attack bonus that drawing a fucking arrow gives
if i could draw the arrow and get the bonus but have the ai not touch ANYTHING, i'd have no complaints
if drawing an arrow did nothing at all in terms of bonuses and i didn't have to use the battle planner to get bonuses, i'd just do everything manually (which is what i want to do in the first place) and have no complaints

but no

paradox, in their eternal wisdom, decided that they have to lock an attack bonus behind a feature that makes the ai move your shit around and you can't do anything to stop it without losing the bonuses
which you would understand if oyu had any reading comprehension, you dumb fucking amerishart nigger burgertard faggot
>>
>>736495
sir can't you just add -opengl to the parameters of a shortcut to the game executable
>>
>>722805

you took the decision to escalatethe war, right?
>>
>>775764
>>776550
>muh MP
Yeah. Keep zoom zoom, same cancer who rampage Total War Games. Most people don't play MP.

>fighting USA anytime soon
Its still wasted production, especially in BICE where you only have max 3 Shipyards per Ship and building anything over 10k will take years. How long takes a Carrier? at least 2 years.
1-2 more aircraft carrier with Open Hangar helps a lot, alone the fact that you early ships in BICE have zero range and can't reach California. Don't think you can safely get over through Alaska, the Logistics is hell in BICE.

Even Destroyers or Convoys are better than building nothing. If you are still concern with you fuel consumption, then use them as reserve. I don't care if you take my tip serious or still act like a nigger. I care more about other Anons, so they don't fail for this meme.
>>
File: 345.png (3.87 MB, 1920x1080)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB PNG
UUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>776589
That's exactly the bit I was confused about and that explanation helps a ton.
>>
File: warSupportDrain.png (361 KB, 502x344)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>776700
for starters, if you look at the person I was replying to, it was to show that other guy who asked for the Kill/Death count. Had I known I was going to get nitpicked over something entirely irrelevant to my intentions I would have cropped it out, aha.

Also since you've mentioned it, can you help solve my war support issue? I'm unsure if there's a potential bug or what. I just recently took State Press because the WS number wasn't looking aesthetically pleasing;and yet now its gone from 10% drain to 20%. I don't train units after I've reached a certain number of units (idgaf if not meta, i'm fussy with number patterns and high xp units, and it's only single player) but the WS looks yuck atm

>logistics is hell in BICE
I am willing to take your word for it, 100%

>Most people don't play MP.
that's a let down. not even with the BICE mod? I've been keen to see if some of these other armchair generals are just "all bark no bite" when it comes to strategy
>>
>>776700
oh, and because I don't ever use the "arrow" in fights, like this fella >>776749 I can only handle controlling so many units simultaneously
I tried to give it a chance just recently since warring USSR and got shitty over the "Arrows" movement/advancements
>>
>>777284
BICE is the worst version you can play in MP, BICE is based on the HoI3 Mod BlackIce, which is the throne of micromanagement, everything and focus being historic. It's pure autism. In HoI4 you have like 5 research slots with a thousand things to research and need to produce clothes, staff cars and even horse equipment.

My advice is that BICE is horrible without the pause button.

Especially with Japan, where you need to handle a few things at the same time. It gets worst in the late game where the German AI can't handle Russia. You need to help them out as soon as possible, the earlier, the better. At the same time you need to conquer South East Asia as quickly as possible for the ressource. Thrive out the Bongs from India, island hopping in the Pacific and deal with Australia. And everything takes twice as long and extremely restricted like Airports on Island.

With WS, spam the decisions for War Propaganda and do the National Focus who gives WS because they can quickly tank in the late game. Even if you beat the American AI Fleet, their submarines will be everywhere (some of the Allies), and it will be hard to contain them if you don't have many destroyers. Which will result in tanking WS like crazy. They are a lot of allies ports in Asia, and every single one needs to be occupied if you want them gone, which also need Ships.
>>
What is GoY$?
>>
>>779196
>What is GoY$?
>He asked in a GoY$ thread
I refuse to take your question serious. Here, grab a (You)
>>
>>776041
Last time I've checked, anon said "ignore navy, period".
Not a word about getting bombers or even implying any form of sinking enemy ships.
>>
File: Bullets too slow.jpg (10 KB, 245x206)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Do you guys train new units to regular?

I usually do, but the attrition loss of equipment really adds up.
>>
>>779989
depends what unit types your training. if you're referring to Japan fighting china, you barely need any more than the assigned 20width (adding an artillery unit at the least) divisions from the game start, in order to capture territory. just use the default low-priority unit adding an engineer to it, so as to protect your line while you're advancing, since china doesn't have any artillery at all. just a large mass

>>777449
i like it, personally. it's been better than vanilla but you're right, goodness I had to pause repeatedly because of so many research options to choose from, and then the vastness of USSR my goodness.

so does Multiplayer use the total war mod then? is there no MP? I want to call out some of these anons in the thread.
fill me in anon fren, ty in advance
>>
>>780045
Oh, i wasnt talking about china specifically, i was just wondering in general.

Usually its only a real question early game when I train a lot of units and new military factories are at a premium.

So the question, more generally, would be:

Is the equipment loss from training divisions to regular worth the combat bonuses they will receive? Or is it better to throw them on the line and let them reach regular naturally?
>>
>>779196
t. corn syrup drinker
>>
Question: does combat always begin instantaneously between adjacent provinces, or can it be delayed by low movement speed? Put another way, will divisions bordering the same enemy province always initiate battle simultaneously, even if they have different organization and are on different terrain?

>>775242
>Have you fucking played the game even once, or just watched for 2k+ hours some v-tuber doing it?
Is he wrong? I'm a new player and my experience is that the AI always tries to balance your defensive line, just like he said.

>>779533
It took me longer than it should have to figure it out but I thought it might have been shorthand for some expansion or something.

>>780119
Fuck you, buddy.
>>
I wish there were a way to play after capitulation. Like if there were a mode where you could play as partisans and at least have something to do instead of the game ending there.
>>
>>780417
Play HoI3. Government on exile is a thing there. And it's surprisingly fun if you play your cards right, if somewhat boring to wait for that moment.
>>
>>776599
This guy is completely on point. Having a 40-60% bonus on attack be dependent on letting the AI faff about moving divisions randomly is horrible design. Either let it be possible to have the bonus without any AI interference or lose the bonus entirely.

It is truly infuriating having, say, a front over a valley flanked by mountains while the AI keeps moving the jaegers into the valley and armor into the mountains. Like holy fucking shit, the one place where you'd really want the bonus to counter the defensive terrain, but the fucking braindead AI just has to shuffle divisions around aimlessly in true pdx fashion ruining any cohesion and actual plans.

What a fucking half-hearted shitshow all-around as expected of literal trannydevs.
>>
>>780636
The real question is:
Why would you want to use that bonus, since NOT letting AI command your army and instead move units manually around an actual plan (the one you are executing and also modifying along with circumstances, not the one designed for AI to follow) provides you with much, much more effective "bonus". One that's being called "easily beating enemy army by combination of terrain, overruns, encirclements and proper use of units". That completely outweights the flat percentage to your stats (which sounds big, but actually isn't in actual, non-percentage value), which is still entirely wasted on the fact how incompetent the AI is.
The only scenario where using the planner is useful is when you have a very, very, very linear path for a specific unit to follow, so you might as well provide it with a small increase of its stats for the duration.

The worst aspect of the planner is that you HAVE TO use this shit for naval invasions, making them extremely frustrating and in the same time boring. But other than that? Why fucking bother? Not to mention the typical argument for the planner is something in tune of "but I don't want to micromanage". Why the fuck someone would play a game like HoI and in the same time didn't want to micro their troops? I get it, average planner-user is a zoom zoom that started with HoI4 and is genuinely incapable of playing it otherwise, but still.
>>
>>780667
You can still get the bonus while drawing a random memearrow and attacking manually while never activating the plan. The problem is that AI shuffling manages to make even sitting at a front inconvenient. 40-60% more attack is good at 400+ attack values when trying to break 600-800 defence positions. And I'm an autist who only uses 3x3 or 3x5 base inf templates for my divisions. I also only play on veteran and up so that I woulsn't have too many tanks or planes.

Most of my offensives are done manually with lots of unassigned division beyond the initial steps when the bonus starts dropping off anyway. It devolves into oppurtunistic maneuvering rather quickly that the AI wouldn't be able to grasp nor keep up with anyway. With very wide fronts I usually let the AI hold the line while keeping an eye on it and micromamaging an army or two of more elite units.
>>
>>780997
>only uses 3x3 or 3x5
kek, looks like i fall under the autist category. and i've reloaded back to the Treaty screen twice so far because I haven't been happy with the look of the territories acquired
I wish manchuko could be swallowed by china (my puppet), it would be so much better, visually speaking, at this point

can anyone do a quick review of Total War mod; someone already correctly identified BICE which is still fun but am keen on the multiplayer!

>>780417
or, don't allow yourself to capitulate? that could be an option worth considering

>>780057
against china you can just deploy them as soon as deployment becomes available; because they have such weak units (no artillery for example)

against other nations like germany (playing as poland) the lower xp definitely helped them break my front line quicker; so it depends on the opponent

besides, the units are trained to regular skill if you let the deployment bar reach 100%. anyway, primarily use the exercises for raising your Army command points to edit the division layout

>>780145
fwiw i don't know what GoY$ refers to. i just think game of the year but that doesn't make sense; plus, why use a jew insult. so you're not the only one buddy dw
>>
Superior Firepower or Mobile Warfare?

>>781480
I think it's like the IBM -> HAL space odyssey thing since the letters in goy are in similar places on the keyboard as hoi, plus $ is just Shift+4. Given the outrageous price of the game+dlc, I think it's a great pejorative and I wish I'd figured it out sooner. HOI4 = goy money.
>>
>>781527
playing BICE
one kinda needs superior firepower as the default (for japs at least) for the sake of the support unit bonuses since the support units are important in BICE; esp. the logistics company my goodness

that is a clever term to refer to it and I am impressed with whoever thought of it

if it's vanilla then mob warfare might be of more use because of the unit advance bonuses it offers at the start. can't remember vanilla so just take my advice with a pinch of salt
>>
>>781734
>BICE
>For GoY$
Meds, now.
BIce is a fine mod, don't get me wrong. It's GoY$ that's fucked and not even applying to it BIce autism helps. If you want BIce, just play the 3's version, where the mod works properly, rather than actively fighting with the game engine and rules
>>
Is there a way to merge divisions? Like if I change the division template to have more battalions, can I fill them up by taking battalions from existing divisions so I have less divisions overall?
>>
File: GoY$_divisionTemplate.png (440 KB, 427x546)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>781766
answer me this; is the AI any better in HoI3?because no amount of supply constraints or history realism will solve the problem that is 'AI combat'.

>>782160
the division template is exactly that: templates.
if one of the templates are currently in use by some of your army units on the map, then it will change them according to your changes.
you can add battalions to one template and then remove battalions from another template but both of these actions will require army experience to do so and it will effect whatever map unit is currently using that template.

your easiest option is setting a template to your desired structure and then changing the unit to the template, keeping in mind that the unit will lose exp and require additional/less equipment/manpower to 'adjust'. see my pic attached for easier understanding
>>
>>782160
fuck, thats the original.
< i meant this photo that i merged
>>
General question. Wanted to try this game but with so many DLCs I'd rather try it for free and see from there.
What would be your recommended DLC list?
Also 1.10.4 ALL DLC torrent from spring 2021 has times more seeders and leeches than 1.10.5. Any particular reason and am I going to miss crucial mechanics?
>>
My bad wrong thread
>>
>>782289
>is the AI any better in HoI3
How is this even a question, you motherfucking zoomer?
>>
>>740603
I used to play on 1080p and I don't remember the screen being that fucking cluttered.
>>
File: Screenshot (2070).png (3.31 MB, 1920x1080)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB PNG
Why is it that in every game of hoi4 I play by 1943 europe looks like this
>>
File: Screenshot (2072).png (2.49 MB, 1920x1080)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
>>783742
but asia looks like this?
It's like the AI can't ever attack japan at all. Every single game I play Japan takes all of Asia easily by 1943. Sometimes they even take hawaii. I want to think that the AI never attacks them at all because that's the only explanation I can think of.
>>
>>783742
>>783746
balanced for in-house mp sessions
>>
>>783746
that's a lot of co-prosperity
>>
>>739674
Unironically me. Game got too easy even in the hardest mode so now I intentionally make shit divisions and waste man power to at least drag wars out longer. Otherwise I kept steam rolling nations in a year or two.
>>
>>784195
Ah yes, the classic, the Paracuck Cope
>Game has brain-dead AI and entirety of mechanics operates on piling up exploitative loopholes?
>Don't worry, you can make the game "hard" by deliberately neutering yourself!
>This totally fixes the game!
Faggots like you advocate to play as inbred one-legged dwarf in CK games, solely for "the challenge".
Only there is no challenge anyway, just a pretense that the game magically got both fixed and harder to play, just because you deliberately fuck up, but only from time to time.
How about NOT playing shitty games instead?
>>
>>782994
how is that even an answer you arrogant cum receptacle?

I'm not wasting time and effort downloading the game and then downloading the mod; only to find out the AI is just as brain dead at combat tactics as yourself
>>
File: smug maxresdefault.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>784758
>REE REEE REEE
>REEE REEE REEE RE
>REEE!
>>
>>784834
Not him, but you're a retard.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (120 KB, 1500x606)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>785027
But you are totally him
>>
>>785039
Go back.
>>
>>784834
just for clarity, if you had a functioning brain you'd understand two points from my original post and the followup reply:
1. i came late to the HoI scene, i started playing hoi4 after trying eu4; so to label me as a zoomer is short-sighted. no one in the thread mentions hoi3 AI difficulty either, only the complexity of the BICE mod
2. i am calling you out for a match. put your money where your mouth frendo

some of you anons are worse than /pol/tards, and that's saying a lot
>>
>>785470
>I am super new
You don't say!
>>
File: 1633229814436.jpg (85 KB, 1000x903)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Currently playing communist japan because I'm bored. If I declare an early war on the dutch east indies to secure that precious rubber for the comintern, will I be able to sign a peace deal with the dutch after their colony surrenders or will we just be in perpetual war because we can't reach each other, which will end up drawing in the rest of the allies when they get invaded by germany?

It seems like a huge problem with the game if the latter is the case.
>>
>>786572
You will have easy peace out of it
>>
>>786814
How do you end a war prematurely anyway and get some territory out of it?
>>
>>786572
you will have to make the dutch surrender since the colony is a puppet of the dutch. if the dutch immediately join the allies (which could happen since the dutch are a democratic nation) then you have to force the french and uk to surrender

unless of course you have a few of the DLCS and do ahistorical history to potentially alter that scenario
>>
>>786819
You don't.
The point is fabricate on Indonesia as your very first move at the start of the game and then attack it ASAP.
As a result, you will get war with the Dutch and nobody else, which you can win without much effort just by taking over Indonesia.
>>
Holy fuck, after playing a little more and reading up on how things work, "GoY$" is way too nice a term. There are so many features in this game that are only half there, and if you want the full feature, you need each one of the five separate "major" DLCs. These developers are scum.
>>
>>782289
What I was asking about was consolidating units. I don't think there was a button for it in the version I was playing but I've upgraded since.
>>
>>782289
>is the AI any better in HoI3?
yes
>>
So I just started a new game as Italy in 1936 and three very weird things are going on. First, all the ships have no names, they're just referred to by their hulls. Second, I have a bunch of naval research unlocked out of the box that I shouldn't have.
>>
And third, the build queue for ships isn't what it normally is. Or maybe it is and I'm thrown off by everything being referred to by hull type only, I'm not sure. What the hell is going on?
>>
>>789232
Sad, but true.
>>
File: EGXLT1-XoAEZP6v.jpg (191 KB, 1413x2000)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>789758
You should probably know about the naval DLC, Man the Guns. Ships now work by unlocking hulls and modules, you have to create ship classes manually using the ship designer.
Also what kancolle mod is that?
>>
>>730331
>single motorized division can draw away 20+ divisions from actual frontlines.

And what of those men?
>>
>>734229
>e-celeb
>hoi4
wat
>>
>>722805
Get a better monitor retard
>>
>>789938
I've started games with MTG before where it still showed the ship classes, not just the hull classes, and where less of the tree was unlocked at the start of 1936, so I'm still not sure what's going on. Anyway, it's not a kancolle mod, but one that replaces everyone with characters from various anime franchises. It's called Anime no Sekai:
https://hearts-of-iron-4.smods.ru/archives/16930

>>790136
That's clearly from the UI scaling setting.
>>
File: 20211006214240_1.jpg (1.59 MB, 3840x2160)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
should the focuses be done in a certain order? i know that you could technically start them at any order (like immediately going for the zuiderzee works as Netherlands) but the positioning of the focuses in the tree makes me think it is far more logical that the dutch at first capitulate and go to Batavia and from there they btfo the japs and do the bevrijding thing and then become fascist or traditionalist or whatever.
>>
can I do anything if I want to focus on naval/air shit rather than infantry/tanks?
>>
What am I doing wrong, anons? I have over 5 million troops in the field and a fuckton of light tanks (only a few mediums because I focused on numbers early on and figured lights are still useful for now), and still get pushed back and can barely do any pushing. Divisions are all 40 width.
>>
>>791562
For what it's worth, I'm not getting pushed back anymore, the Germans have also stopped advancing, but wtf.

Also glitch where Yugoslavia is forced out of my faction and can't rejoin despite asking to and being accepted.
>>
>>722805
brainlet OP
>>
File: 12321312312312.png (1.25 MB, 1366x768)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
Is there a way to re-reunify Russia with one of the neowarlord states or is it all doomed after Sergey's master plan?
>>
>>794818
If Taboritsky's thing happens then no, there's no way to reunify.
>>
Is there a single alt-his mod that doesn't feel like it's on rails? KR/KX, TWR, TNO, Red Flood, it all just feels super scripted.
>>
>>794959
if you want a flavorless sandbox experience play Imperator Rome
>>
File: 1632559500156.gif (2.44 MB, 624x516)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB GIF
>>723008
>tfw me and my friend couldn't rub our individual braincells together to defeat China as Japan in coop
We both bought HoI4 on sale and watched the YouTube guides but we didn't have enough autism to do beat Chinaman
>>
>>723008
>>733580
so you've played the previous hoi titles before, ok got it
>>
>>722805
Nigga conquering China as Japan is one of the easiests things to do in the game.
Surviving the Japanese onslaught as China requires more skill.
>>
>>795213
lol i've seen this video, the felon won the mind games and all the cop did was call him a virgin loser.
>>
>>795346
I beat Japan as China on the first try and lost 3 times when I played as Japan, sea invasions are much harder than flooding lines with cheap infantry.
>>
>>794959
Isn't the vanilla game already packed with alt history branches in every focus tree? Just set non-historical focuses and the AI does all kinds of wacky shit.
>>
Just lost a 7 hour single player game because the soviets decided to let communist china join the comintern right in the middle of barbarossa. I've never felt worse about this game before. The AI is inexcusable. I hope everyone who had a hand in it has a scratch right in the middle of their back where they can't reach.
>>
>>791562
lights are dogshit especially on barbarossa and get pierced by antiaircraft guns. make meds with 11 meds 2 spaa 8 motorized. hold with cheap infantry, push with tanks. that's how you win at this game.
>>
>>775242
Every time I visit at HoI thread like this, a virgin liek this posts and I just get turned off the idea of playing it. What if I end up like this overbearing faggot?
What If I was to wake up one day and inflict myself on people liek this and have no self awareness?
nahhh, not gunna do it. not even once.
>>
>>775617
god these guys are boring to listen too. almost as bad as the meta-gameplay youtube faggots they try hard to emulate
>>
>>722805
The eastern part of the world is buggy as shit. Sometimes the peace deal with Japs doesn't even fire even if you boot their asses out of Manchuria so you have to invade the home islands.
>>
>>722805
don't attack until you press the button that gets rid of your debuff 5 times, other than that invade the island on Guanxi and you should be good, AI can't help but send 20 divisions to stare you down
>>
>>801450
>Don't attack China, you have a 30-day long debuff!
>While China has a double-whammy of unit and officers debuff, reducing their stats by 90% forever, since AI is too dumb to remove it
>And using AI-made templates for all that.
>>
>>777284
>Constant war support drain for being the attacker
This is so incredibly dumb.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.