[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: vampires.png (3.35 MB, 1920x1200)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
So how do you deal with dwarfs as vampires in early game? I played Kemmler and my skellies and zombies were pretty useless against the manlets in battle. I killed them eventually through auto-resolve+two full stacks. But what's the not-brainlet approach to beating them?
>>
File: huntmarshall.jpg (282 KB, 1214x540)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
Fuck jannies

Dunno if you read the my response last thread but basically skip the early game entirely by getting phyrric victories and resurrecting end game units
>>
>>696949
>What's the non-brainlet way to play?
>LOL JUST PLAY AS A BRAINLET LIKE ME
Shit advice, apply yourself.

The real answer is magic. Vampires only get limited magic access but what they do get is great. Just bring as much skelly fodder as you can to bog the enemy down while you rain death and destruction upon them with your mages.
>>
>>696952
>play exactly like he said, but run the battles yourself so yo can kill a few more guys with wind of death
>>
>>696952
Nigger you don't have AOE spells in the early game
By the time you have a high level caster you don't have the "Oh Christ help me my whole army disintegrates after seven seconds in melee" problem
>>
>>696949
>>696952
Are the spooky ghost and ghoul units good?
I previously played a bit as Vlad and mostly spammed monsters.
>>
>>696971
They are alright, but tend to crumble in my experience.
>>
>>696971
not really
I play on hard battle difficulty and they lose or suffer high damage on most head to head fights, even against chaff
I guess they're fine for flanking or if you play with a checkerboard formation they can easily slip through the gaps (since they have low models) and anvil engaged units
so they're mediocre but not useless, maybe they're good if you red skill buff them but never done that so idk
>>
>>696980
>red skill
Who would ever?
>>
>>696991
on Vcounts it's ok because you get free skelly stacks with tech
same with TK's free bone stacks which are abysmal while unbuffed
also ranged focused armies buffing the ranged units ammo and missile strength
and meme doomstacks
>>
>>696991
I always skill red.
>>
File: artkermit.png (33 KB, 195x195)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>696991
>not red skill
as opposed to what? after you get the blue ones you need what do you get, yellow skills?
>>
>>696991
I tend to put points in red for shooters or a unit type I use a lot.
>>
>>697049
Boost personal trees, magic, and yellow. You don't run Lords that can't face roll units on there own do you?
>>
>>697092
It's a total war game.
Single entities are cancer.
>>
>>696991
i put every single point into red skills until the entire bar is completely full.
t. legendary god
>>
>>697092
>magic
Only magic a lord needs is fist into fame.
>>
>>697102
I started in Shogun 1, where Daimyo and later Kensai could roll over anything. It doesn't seem strange to me
>>
Can I get rundown on Norsca and Trogg specifically?
I heard he was pretty bad but now CA supposedly fixed him. What’s he like? I always thought the idea of playing an intelligent troll is kinda cool.
>>
>>697137
Norsca:
>confederate 1 or 2 tribes
>go attack Couronne
>Use ports and capitals to stage assaults deeper
>Use plunder to finance your armies, you'll always be in the red
>lose norscan territories to enemy crusades
>Get Cool techs by occupying specific settlements
>get a 20 mammoth stack and have fun stomping everything in open battles and even sieges
Throgg specifically
>get monstrous infantry instead of marauders
>buff their regeneration and leadership
>meh
buffing trolls isn't particularly good since they're terrible units untill buffed (and it will take a while to amass them anyway with your shit norscan economy and enemy raids) and specifically a troll + fmir army is terrible in hunt battles
Norsca in general can be a very hard campaign depending on how much the AIs decide to single you out
>>
>>697156
20 mammoth is just too strong. In my Norsca game, Wulfrick smashed all 4 Chaos legendary lords, and 4500 men without a single loss
>>
File: 001.jpg (622 KB, 1920x1080)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
Today I rewatched hamburger hill so I felt the need to play lustrianam

You can get your first hero by immediately declaring war to the mutineers, hope it doesn't come to bite me in the ass.
To note is that for whatever reason you start at low reliability rating which doesn't help your already abysmal diplomatic situation with the neighbors
>>
File: 002.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>697212
Speed is the heart of battle, so we got tlanxla right away and we're marching onto tlaxtlan
These Lizard names are fucking atrocious btw, I'm opened to rename suggestions
Meanwhile reinforcements arrived, I decided to go for artillery:
The great cannon means no waiting for siege weapons and long range wittling of saurus formations
The outriders can cover Wulfhart while he skirmishes, can demolish blobs like mortars would and are good enough at overruning retreating enemies to kill them post battle
>>
File: 003.jpg (641 KB, 1920x1080)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
>>697234
>walk to enemy city
>ambush stance
>free ambush
>free city
Bad news is that tlaxtlaxxlaxlxlan called Nakai in the war, he could snipe any of my settlements, they've got level 2 "walls" but they're still pretty defenceless and his horde army is a pain to catch
>>
File: 004.jpg (568 KB, 1920x1080)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>697246
Autoresolve thought this was going to be a Pyrrhic victory
But the campaign isn't going great
nakai called the blue vipers on me
The blue vipers called Skeggi
And the spine of sotek Dwarves declared war on me as soon as they met me
>>
File: 123890128312132.jpg (44 KB, 488x410)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>696886
>struggling as vampire counts
what did OP mean by this
>>
>>697137
norsca was too easy from my experience with nothing fun to do
you get access to your strong units too quick and the only threat you have is the empire and chaos later
confederating is so stupid easy
>>
File: 005.jpg (673 KB, 1920x1080)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
>>697277
So of course this fucking mess happened
Nakai was at war with the orks so I had a choice after they took my city:
Either take on the orks and then on nakai right away
or
let nakai take the city and fuck off because I can't possibly take on both him and the garrison, right?
well...
>>
File: 006.jpg (661 KB, 1920x1080)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>697412
Turns out I'm not at war with nakai's cuck faction, so I didn't have to fight the garrison at all
actually I have no clue at what health % it starts at so maybe I could have taken both
but still, that's one enemy crossed off the list
>>
>>697413
Nakai looking pretty smol these days
>>
>>697156
>get monstrous infantry instead of marauders
>buff their regeneration and leadership
For some reason I love using monsters and monstrous units in WH. Just the idea of leading an army of savage beasts is so cool imho. Throt was pretty based that way. Which other LL are good at leading armies like that? Malagor, Drycha and the dark elf Beastmaster from GoT?
>>
File: 007.jpg (695 KB, 1920x1080)
695 KB
695 KB JPG
>>697413
I think this is the hardest campaign I've played
and it's only VH/H
Not only Hostility makes all lizardmen hate you, it also gives public order penalties and weapon strength buffs to ALL your enemies
+25% weapon damage to a savage orc stack it's just fucking insane.
Not to mention the army it teleports on top of your capital.
The free units you get are nice but you get one shipment every hostility cycle and it's hard to build up because you need walls but also it's a big spread out region that takes two or three turns in march stance to go from settlement to settlement.
Cylostra and the sentinels joined the war too btw
>>
File: 008.jpg (643 KB, 1920x1080)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
>>697783
Thankfully the 50% extra ambush chance helps equalize the situation
but If I can't get hexoatl on my side it's gonna be one long war straight up to naggarond
>>
>>696963
If you're not gaining a level a turn you're not grinding hard enough.
>>
>>697858
We can't grind hard enough until Slaanesh comes out
>>
File: gork_n_mork_2.jpg (663 KB, 761x956)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
Who has the best mechas in fantasy?
>>
File: 009.jpg (596 KB, 1920x1080)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>697837
Cylostra don't surf.
scratch one.

Gor Rok finally declared war on me and I have an hostility army spawning in two turns...
I can either march the huntmarshall down and deal with Itza or prehemptively declare war on hexoatl and use the plunder to fund a second army.
>>
File: 010.jpg (747 KB, 1920x1080)
747 KB
747 KB JPG
>>697956
Get out of my fucking city
>>
File: 011.jpg (594 KB, 1920x1080)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>698064
It was a surprisingly coordinated two pronged assault on the campaign map by Itza, but one attack failed and the other got countered right away by wulfhart
After beating 4 Armies, one of which a dino stack, I started pushing Deeper into Lizardmen Territory
The sentinels also sued for peace after I got one of their army, meaning that skeggi aside all my enemies are in the heart of Lustria.
The sacred pool guy started talking a lot of shit for someone in Bow range, so I took care of the problem and renamed the blasphemous city.
btw the dwarf hero didn't get the new skills they gave to master engineers, which is a shame because the ammo replenishment skill would be extremely useful
I think I'm gonna watch apocalypse now

>>697950
One of ikit claw's yellow skill is called "power armor" so that's probably the closest thing

>>697646
Nakai buffs kroxigors, Kholek buffs dragon ogres, Druthu buffs trees and Alarielle has some trees of her own
I think some vampire count awakened lord buffs crypt horrors and crypt ghouls
If they count, Tiqtaqtoe buffs flying lizardmen units
And of course if Khemri's constructs count, Ushabtis are decent, but it's not easy to get an army of them since they require tier 3+4 (IIRC) buildings to raise their cap
>>
>>696991
Like >>697005 mentions undead benefit from red line skills. So many of their lords want to spam basic undead for free that you can really benefit from red lining those units specifically since they make up the whole of your army.
>>
>>697950
Tomb Kings. Followed by both Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs.
>>
>>696971
ghouls wipe the floor with every single unarmored low-tier unit in the game, with the sole exception of saurus warriors. cairn wraiths need to be placed inside of skelemanii/zombie units to survive long enough to murder things, but they have pretty good damage. hexwraiths are far better than them.
unfortunately, due to a combination of high armor on basically everything and a resistance to magic damage, neither of these units are good against dwarfs.
now i haven't tried this myself, so take it with a grain of salt, but supposedly black knights are extremely powerful for their price point these days due to incremental buffs over the years. they could probably help you out, but realistically your only real option for murdering the dwarfs early on is drowning them in fodder and really pulling weight with your lords and heroes.
fortunately for you, there is a workaround for kemmler, which is to use the fact that you have a campaign map to not have to fight them at full strength. last time i played kemmler (back in 2020), you could sack the bretonnian city you spawn next to, raise dead in that province, retreat into the mountains and recruit+raise dead at home, and then march on the dwarfs. in this time, the dwarfs you spawn next to will have sallied out to attack their own bretonnian neighbors, and as such will either be depleted from the battle, or still out in the field. either way, you should be able to take their settlement without too much fuss, and if they were out of town you can just wait for them to return and kill themselves on your army.
>>
File: 012.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>698167
The golden city of Itza, sacked in the name of the emperor
whom I hope is still alive in the old world
>>
File: 013.jpg (599 KB, 1920x1080)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>>699034
one last ambush for the road, flawless.
With this army gone Itza will not be a problem anymore, I will soon be able to turn my attention to Tehenhauin and the vampire coast.
>>
File: 014.jpg (654 KB, 1920x1080)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>699068
Too bad for you I've got walls on every single one of my cities
>>
>>698271
I finally got my hand on some ghouls and crypt horrors. Man these guys rock. Been using them pretty successfully against Bretonnians and the Red Duke. Will be getting some black knights soon as well. Luckily Kemmler‘s home region even has a resource which buffs them.
Really enjoying this campaign right now.
>>
File: 015.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>699110
Well the good news is that Hexoatl was never a problem.
The bad news however...
>>
File: Nagash.jpg (94 KB, 859x564)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>698271
On the subject of ghouls and ghosts how's is Arkhan?
I noticed his speciality is that he can use some vampire count units. This sounds pretty cool imho. Is he any fun and are these units useful or more of a gimmick his faction never really uses.
>>699068
>ambush
Man the AI sure walks a lot into Markus ambushes.
>>
>>699136
His units are useful because you can field slightly stronger units. The default skeletons are pretty garbage.

Skeletons only serve the purpose of being fodder for your construct units. They exist to heal and activate your ushtabi unit. The very start for Tomb Kings is slow because it takes 40+ turns to get your first big construct building.
>>
File: 016.jpg (644 KB, 1920x1080)
644 KB
644 KB JPG
>>699131
I really hope I can trust these knife ears

>>699136
>Man the AI sure walks a lot into Markus ambushes.
yeah, thankfully.
I wonder if they do that on purpose hoping the ambush will fail
>>
File: 017.jpg (718 KB, 1920x1080)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
>>699174
well that takes care of the cult of sotek.
I'm gonna take care of the sentinels before Morathi decides to declare war
but to win the campaign I'm gonna need to get Teclis as an ally
>>
Just in case anyone here possess a brain and thus did not buy total warhammer 1.2 you can get up to the last patch for linux (the one before the current patch, came with throt and the wood elf shit)
reminder never to give ca or gw your money
>>
File: 018.jpg (643 KB, 1920x1080)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
>>699247
The mop up of the sentinels was time consuming but easy enough.
Meanwhile teclis took out the vampire coast and allied with me after I offered to join the war against noctilus.
Interesting matchup, between the attrition and having to micro two armies I almost got my ass kicked.
Now I'm only missing a region, Morathi holds one settlement but if I take it last I can avoid a gigantic war and just finish the campaign.
If she navally invades teclis however, it's not gonna be pretty.
she seem sot be busy eating the doughnut at the moment
>>
File: 019.jpg (673 KB, 1920x1080)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
>>699448
The acclaim bar is bugged
The minimap is also bugged
and Mommy declared war on me herself, but the campaign is over
>>
>>697281
Not as strange as it sounds, the Vampire Counts of 2 are not nearly as powerful as the Counts of 1 are. Wind of Death may be OP as fuck but it can't always save you and the VC suck ass in the late game.
>>
File: 020.jpg (500 KB, 1920x1080)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>699517
ok, campaign done.
it's a weird one, maybe poorly thought out is a better description
Your main mechanic is supplies, the more the hostility bar raises, the faster you get them
But because of how Total War works, it's hard to just sit idle and wait for reinforcements, so inevitably you will only get one care package for hostility cycle
hostility is a malus, not a mechanic.
maybe you're supposed to "manage it" more but since it increases by taking military actions, it'd mean stopping your offensives and giving the enemy time to raise more armies
at least the spawned army isn't particularly scary

Wulfhart is ok
He's not a great skirmisher because he doesn't have a mount and he can't fight melee, but he can snipe anything and the heroes synergize.
I really wish one of them was a spellcaster, the expedition has no easy access to a mage.
Getting the mage building is also harder than it looks because you really struggle with money and you need walls everywhere because of your neighbors and the intervention

You should REALLY be starting this campaign knowing and trading with reikland, the money boost would smooth the early game significantly
you also can choose temporary maluses for a reward later on but the reward is random (or secret), might be a needed money boost or 3 infantry units.
it should tell you what the reward will be and you should also be able to receive heroes.
sadly I'm not a famous youtuber and nobody plays this campaign so CA won't care.
maybe it was intended as a pseudo norsca: constantly sacking cities, snowballing with your free units and staying in the red.
but supply lines are a bitch, you get no bonuses for plunder income (the bret has a +10% skill and that's it) lustria is hell to traverse and the objective is to hold all of it.
not to mention how strong the lizardmen are in battle, even before hostility buffs them.
but hey lustrianam was a fun challenge
the main army became unbeatable later on but the early game was hard as balls.
>>
File: 1574628641209.png (1.21 MB, 1038x649)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>699576
2/2
come to think of it, maybe the plunder heavy playstyle works better in mortal empires since you only need to kill Nakai and get acclaim, but you'd still need to hold some territory for the acclaim and fending off your neighbors is a full time job

if I were to make a single change to wulfhart's campaign it would be to either make defensive structures cheaper/more effective or straight up give settlements free walls and a sizeable garrison, at least for port settlements so you could use them to launch adventures deep in lustria and not have to babysit them constantly.
Or just remove the lizardmen ability to call other races against you. that would work just fine.

Hope you guys enjoyed the campaign posting, sorry if I spammed too much
>>
File: Elf_wood.png (241 KB, 485x485)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>699596
>>699576
Nice read anon.
>>
Why are there lizardmen in the eastern empire?
>>
>>698271
The sacking plan still works. Kemmler is odd in that he really doesn't want to expand early, its far better to simply repeatedly kill off stacks near your homeland and then raise better units. I found him to be a very slow starter, you often have to run very close to the line for your income and unit costs or be extremely strategic about raising dead and scouting with armies. I got him off the ground by essentially just buying time as much as possible until I got to free zombies (they come quicker than skellies and will get better armor upgrades to tarpit longer, but this is a judgement call if you think you can hold out longer for the better units) and then just running like 2-3 lords with full stacks of fodder and a couple of black knights to charge in from the back after the dwarves were bogged down by my fodder. Krell puts in serious work. The usual wind of death spam is okay, but not as good as it should be due to dwarves mr, but its good to stack levels early. You really really need at least one unit that can deal real damage against dwarves or they will just outlast you in fights. Leaving the dwarves alive to soak up bretonians is also a good idea, but don't expect them to last long. Ideally you sack as much as possible until a bretonian finishes them and then you finish the bret in turn and springboard from there out into the plains.
>>
File: crocs_laughing.png (553 KB, 480x417)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>700025
Nakai went on a scholarship to Altdorf university. Then he heard vampires were starting shit so he decided to clean up first.
>>
>>700025
They do have a tendency to get lost
But in ME Nakai has to kill sylvania and grimgor so it's not that strange to have him in the old world.
>>
have you guys ever played a coop campaign?
what are some good combos?
do mechanics like norsca + Chaos or Reikland + Golden order conflict with each other?
>>
File: Empire_Heroes.jpg (87 KB, 873x1200)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>700377
>have you guys ever played a coop campaign?
Yes it's pretty fun to play with friends. Especially since being able to give a number of units to your buddy to command in battle is a fun feature.
>Reikland + Golden order conflict with each other
Played this one and there wasn't any conflict. Both players just babysit the empire essentially.
>>
>>700025
Manfred stepped on a lizard. Big mistake.
>>
>>700628
how cool would it be if you could raise different undead units for every race?
imagine having undead saurus warriors or undead kroxigor skeletons
>>
>>700638
Or Bretonnian looking zombies if you play as Kemmler.
>>
>>700655
There's a mod for that but it fucks up other undead models iirc
>>
anyone knows when the DLCs go on sale??
>>
>>697110
M:TW didn't have that and for good reason. Still the best TW game, at least for me.
>>
>>700705
Summer sale was not so long ago it’ll probably be a while until another sale.
>>
>>700747
M2 is shit and you're a nostalgia blinded faggot
>>
>>700705
Fall sale in September I bet. Christmas at the latest.
>>
Not gonna campaign post but I've started a noctilus campaign today. So fun, it's the only campaign where you can just plunder whatever you like without worry, expanding by making pirate coves instead of holding territory.
>>
>>700762
t. bought total warhammer twice
>>
File: E68A1GkVgAIeyZA.jfif.jpg (387 KB, 4096x2407)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
Zabbai is my waifu
>>
File: monkey_face.jpg (108 KB, 667x936)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>701293
>tfw bought M2 twice because a friend borrowed the CD and never returned it so I had to buy it digital on steam one day
>can't simply install M2 from steam without downloading all the kingdoms content I never play
>>
>>701293
T. Shits up a Warhammer thread instead of playing medieval because medieval is dogshit
>>
File: rakarth.png (990 KB, 989x556)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
>first Imrik
>now Rakarth
>tfw the FLC elves are way more fun than the DLC ones
>>
>>696886
>So how do you deal with dwarfs as vampires in early game?
Don't fight dwarfs early game as vampires. As vampires your goal should be to roll over as many human factions as you can before they confederate with Reikland and make sure the dwarfs stay in their gay mountains. Give small gifts to the dwarfs so you can keep a non-aggression pact active.
>>
File: Azagh.webm (306 KB, 640x382)
306 KB
306 KB WEBM
How's Azhag these days? I remember he kinda sucked back in WH1 compared to Grimgor.
>>
>>701986
Greenskins in general are pretty good since the rework.
He's got his own faction too now.
Fun campaign
>>
Is there a good zombie pirate movie that's not a pirates of the caribbean?
Need something to watch while I play Vcoast
alternatively any naval movie can do
>>
File: vampirecoast.png (1.81 MB, 1423x800)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>702239
>Is there a good zombie pirate movie that's not a pirates of the caribbean?
Scooby Doo Pirates Ahoy!
>alternatively any naval movie can do
Master and Commander
>>
>>702245
>Scooby Doo Pirates Ahoy!
hey, those weren't zombie pirates at all!
It was the magician all along!
>>
Fought chaos for the first time. Won in 5~ turns as clan moulder.
Why are they so easy even on very hard? Sylvania had more shit than the four stacks they get.
>>
>>702553
The Chaos invasion has its own difficulty option
>>
i thought Last Defends Mortal Empire campaign would be comfy because you start in the corner but Grimgor's 'Ardboyz are right next to me with 24 settlements on turn 70 and i'm pretty sure i'm fucked
what are some comfy Mortal Empires campaigns?
>>
File: noctilus.jpg (530 KB, 1920x1080)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>702622
I'm playing it in vortex because the victory conditions there don't require you to hold territory, but noctilus is really comfy
An army you can't take? just run away with your super sail speed
Enemy approaching the galleon's graveyard?
They'll destroy themselves before they even get to TRY and tackle your big ass garrison
>>
File: noctilus 2.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>702630
wait, wrong screenshot, meant to post this one
that one was about a 0 losses "close" victory
spellcaster + artillery is a such a good combo for a lord
>>
File: gandalfa.png (2.23 MB, 1600x1600)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>702630
>Gendalfa
Has rule 63 gone too far this time
>>
>>701986
Interesting start location. Greenskins are good now, but azhag is far enough away from the rest he can't abuse the confed mechanic for fast snowballs. He's fun as a very different flavor of greenskin from the rest because you spend more time fighting kislevites and empire than dwarves immediately if you want.

>>702630
Dreadfleet is honestly pretty OP imo. The only way anyone can actually take the graveyard is to send multiple stacks because they'll lose so many to attrition and the slows mean you have time to pop out a full stack using raise dead and normal training by the time they get in close. The AI almost never sends multiple stacks either, so unless its super lategame and they're dropping a massively overleveled LL on your ass its hard for the player to actually lose the city, so no matter how bad it gets you can always fall back and rebuild. They're great for larping as an actual pirate and just rolling around killing things.
>>
>>702622
Last Defenders have a great corner spot, but their biggest problem is getting out of the corner fast enough to fight whoever wins out in the badlands. You aren't in too much trouble against snikitch, but grimgor or a dwarf is hard to slog through and elves are a pain in the ass on the 1 in a million they make it. Queek can be a problem too, particularly if he has a solid alliance/confed with snik.

They're deceptively hard to play because its easy to win out over lybaras and malus and the minor factions in your corner but you want to do it fast enough and that takes planning.
>>
File: Bretonnia_court.png (921 KB, 838x900)
921 KB
921 KB PNG
>>702622
>comfy Mortal Empires campaigns
Any vampire count really
King Louen Leoncoeur
Sisters of Twilight
Rakarth
>>
What is the mostt femdom faction?
>>
>>703519
Morathi, no contest
>>
>>703519
Please masturbate before posting.
>>
File: Sisters_of_Twilights.png (1.39 MB, 2322x2292)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>703519
Morathi
Sisters of Twilight if you're a cute shota. Intense femdom with Arahan is followed by hardcore cuddling and hand holding with Nestra.
>>
Any way to tell if a unit has 360 firing without taking it into battle?
>>
>>703678
This looks like it was drawn by someone who usually draws porn
>>
>>704094
It has the rancid stench of coom all over it yes
>>
>>696886
Vamps vs. Dwarfs isn't a fun matchup because Vamps early game is chaff+magic and dwarfs are specifically strong against chaff+magic while their T1 units are usually equivalent to T2 for many other factions due to heavy armor.
>>
File: purgethem.png (111 KB, 199x209)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>704270
>>704094
Name of the artist? So I can report this chaos worshiper to the local witch-hunter.
>>
>>704317
hahaha yeah me too, I need to see and "report" his work you know hahaha
>>
File: manthingnot skaven.png (207 KB, 344x269)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>704766
I know-understand yes yes? Is what any good law abiding manthing would do-make yes yes.
>>
File: orc_arrer_boy.png (19 KB, 236x242)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
I wish arrer boyz looked like they did in Dark Omen. I always loved their design in that game.
>>
>>702920
i know its a day later but thanks anon i think i will try Rakarth since he seems like a c00l d00d
>>
N'Kari (Legendary Lord)
Exalted Keeper of Secrets (Lord)
Herald of Slaanesh (Lord)
Sorcerer of Slaanesh (Hero; Lore of Slaanesh and Lore of Shadow variants)
Alluress (Hero)
Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh (dual sword, sword and shield, spear and shield)
Daemonette
Exalted Daemonette
Seeker Chariot
Hellflayer Chariot
Exalted Seeker Chariots
Seekers of Slaanesh
Pleasure Seekers of Slaanesh
Chaos Furies
Fiends
Spawn of Slaanesh
Centigors of Slaanesh (javelin and throwing ax variants)
Skin Walkers of Slaanesh
Soul Grinder of Slaanesh
Keeper of Secrets
>>
>>705028
Kairos Fateweaver (Legendary Lord)
Exalted Lord of Change (Lord)
Herald of Tzeentch (Lord)
Sorcerer of Tzeentch (Hero; Lore of Tzeentch and Lore of Metal variants)
Exalted Flamer (Hero)
Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch (dual sword, sword and shield, ax and shield)
Pink Horror
Exalted Pink Horror
Flamer
Screamer Chariot (Horror and Flamer variants)
Hellfire Cannon of Tzeentch
Screamer of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Blue Horrors (also a summon spell)
Chaos Furies
Spawn of Tzeentch
Ungors of Tzeentch (ax and archer variants)
Fimir of Tzeentch
Soul Grinder of Tzeentch
Lord of Change
>>
>>705029
Ku'gath Plague Father (Legendary Lord)
Exalted Great Unclean One (Lord)
Herald of Nurgle (Lord)
Maggotkin (Hero)
Sorcerer of Nurgle (Hero; Lore of Nurgle and Lore of Death variants)
Chaos Warriors of Nurgle (spear and ax variants)
Plaguebearer
Exalted Plaguebearer
Beast of Nurgle
Palaquin of Nurgle
Rot Fly
Plague Drone of Nurgle
Pox Drone of Nurgle
Nurglings (also a summon spell)
Chaos Furies
Spawn of Nurgle
Bile Trolls
Bestigors of Slaanesh (dual ax and greater weapon variants)
Plague Toads
Pox Riders
Plague Ogres
Soul Grinder of Nurgle
Great Unclean One
>>
>>705030
>nurgle roster
>bestigors of slaanesh
Bold choice
>>
>>705030
>>705029
>>705028
>>
>>704766
>>704317
https://www.deviantart.com/frostypersimmons
>>
File: Orkay.png (116 KB, 367x290)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>705059
Oi oi, fanks boss!
>>
>>705059
>deviantart
Ugh I don't want to log in to see booba
is there even any booba?
>>
>>705072
No, though I think I know the artist name from hentai foundry too.
>>
>>705033
meant to type Nurgle
>>
>>705127
No shit?
>>
>>705127
Yes shit?
>>
>>705127
I have to shit?
>>
So, here's what I think is going to happen.
Kohlek, and the Dragon Ogre units will be moved to Beasts of Chaos.
Sigvald will be moved to forces of Slaanesh.
Archeon will become a special lord in a faction all of his own, who can use any of the four gods hiring pool.
>>
>>705198
>who can use any of the four gods hiring pool.
But will he also be able to recruit beastmen?????
>>
>>705214
Maybe. That shit sounds complicated though
>>
File: snikch.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>snikch came to help me in the battle for the last sea shanty verse
Skaven are such good allies
>>
Just uninstalled it
The huge loading times just fucking killed it for me
When I spend more time looking at a loading screen than playing the damn game, it's just not worth it in the end
>>
>>705369
Understandable, it's widely known that you should either put the game on an ssd or have a second monitor to watch shit on while you load.
at least they improved turn times
at launch ME was unbearable
>>
>>705349
I want to
>>
>>705349
I am tempted to play the vampirates again, but I know itll just turn into artillery spam again. Which is fun, sure, but spamming necrofexes and artillery for days while having the bare minimum front line gets old eventually.
>>
File: 1577566594914.jpg (144 KB, 811x452)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>705349
Man noctilus was so much fun
Basically a half horde faction
He's pretty much the only guy that can plunder the sea without any worry in the world, eall other lords, including the other vcoast ones have better things to do than aggro the whole world.
I only kept sartosa for a while but I decided not to keep it (could have raises a fresh army) when the TKs invaded because the campaign was pretty much over by then
It just ends up feeling a bit aimless when you plunder and establish coves for 100 straight turns
I think you need a way to locate the pirates more easily, so at least you can focus on hunting the RoR down.
And while sieging and sacking is easy, raiding is hard since you always get tracked by at least 2 armies the second you set foot on land, which usually is not a problem but the Noctilus quest wants you to raid for 4000 gold (around 20 turns of raiding) when you can just sack a capital once and get like 80k gold

>>705391
Now noctilus might now make as much money as a big stable land empire but the relative safety of the galleon means you can just make whatever army and send it to fight
it's the perfect lord to experiment with all sort of memes like an all monster army or a mostly flying army
what's great is that you can pick your battles so if an enemy army is too much for your fun stack just go back to the waters and watch them shake their fist impotently from the shore or chase you to attrition land.
But yeah artillery is best because your melee infantry is either super slow or incredibly outnumbered.
Seriously why the fuck are depth guard units so slim in numbers?
on an unrelated note, I wish arkhan the black could recruit some vcoast units
>>
>>705401
> I wish arkhan the black could recruit some vcoast units
If we ever got nagash in theory he'd have access to everything undead, plus his morghasts
>>
I want to meme with all monster armies, besides clan moulder what's a good faction for that?
>>
>>705445
Imrik because dragons and Rakarth.
>>
>>705369
You need an SSD to play this game at all consistently.
>>
File: ariel.png (369 KB, 379x380)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>705422
I wonder if Nagash will be a LL or maybe a legendary hero like Ariel whom any undead faction can summon.
>>
File: diablo_battle.gif (2.14 MB, 384x256)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB GIF
>>705217
>>705214
>>705198
Lorelet here but has there ever been a chaos character who used necromancy along with demons and beastmen?
I want to roleplay as Diablo.
>>
>>705597
Kemmler is the closest guy I can think of, though he doesn't go full chaos until ET and doesn't get that far IIRC. Still, wouldn't be too lore unfriendly to mod in a few daemon units into his army for warhammer 3.
>>
File: Kemmler.jpg (47 KB, 500x676)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>705602
Kemmler is such a cool character. Hopefully WH3 will finally add Mikael Jacsen and his zombies as a RoR for vamps.
>>
Tomb kings seem kind of hard
>>
>>705647
>seem kind of hard
Yeah they do have boners
>>
>>696991
let me guess, you also complain about VH bonuses?
>>
File: sigmarvsnagash.png (1.12 MB, 1046x800)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>705422
I think Nagash will be part of a DLC combo with Valten. Kinda like a repeat of the old Sigmar vs Nagash fight.
>>
>>705887
>VH bonuses
Nah man, I am shit. I play on easy and smash things with twenty mammoths
>>
>>706053
Based
>>
File: 105 hours.png (42 KB, 491x78)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
I liek this gaem :)
>>
>>706567
Why?
>>
>>706740
I'm unemployed
>>
Malagar was the most fun I've had in ages
>>
>>706749
Post black skin
>>
File: 1458232711505.jpg (30 KB, 720x438)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>707788
>niggers
>playing strategy games
>>
>>706766
Tell me about him? I've been interested in the beastmen for a while now.
>>
>>707856
>beastmen
Best coom faction
>>
Oddly enough the most fun I've had in WTW is playing beastmen.
>>
>>708152
Right? It's like playing Mount & Blade, just focus on your army and enjoy the action.
>>
Is clan skyre the easiest faction in the game?
>>
>>708146
That is very intriguing but what makes Malagor better?
>>
>>708532
Depends on your definition of easy but I'd say kroqgar because of cheap and buffed saurus warriors that are already op
>>
>>706567

Put so much hours into the game in the last two weeks. I telework
>>
>>705054
Hypothetical leaks for WTW3
>>
Is there any way to get a list of income modifiers on a province? Bonuses seem random when hovering over buildings.
>>
>>708152
The new beastmen changes make them the most fun horde faction. It's a shame though because they are ridiculously easy even on Legendary Mode.

I like horde idea because you can just focus on pillaging and raping all game. Playing whackamole as a standard faction gets tedious afterawhile.
>>
File: Clusterfuck Imminent.png (3.7 MB, 1920x1080)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB PNG
Shit lads, this is the first time I've played the game, turn 10 and right now I'm about to get my rando Treasurer and a few swordsmen, spearmen, and crossbowmen into a pitched battle with Khazak One-Eye, because Karl Franz is busy trying to reinforce my Taberland allies in their war with Ostland. Fucking Ostlanders, worse than dogs but at least they're men. Normal difficulty, wish me luck. Feeling confident though, this lord's a gigachad, he's been in two battles so far, ridden into the thick of the fight both times, and racked up over 80 kills without being over half-wounded. This is going to be a bloodbath either way it goes but I'll let you know how badly it does.
>>
File: Clusterfuck Aftermath.png (2.91 MB, 1920x1080)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
>>709911
Yeah we got raped. The crossbowmen focus-fired on their minotaurs and routed them early on, then the swordsmen/spearmen line clashed their ungors but I underestimated their tenacity. Boris attempted to duel Khazak but was almost immediately torn from his warhorse and run through. After that it was a sordid affair and most of the infantry who weren't butchered yet routed but the crossbowmen held on and while inflicting very few of the overall casualties, did manage to wound Khazak. The unit of swordsmen that didn't break gave them a surprising amount of trouble but after being flanked and overwhelmed, wisely sought the better part of valour. The fight was brutal, I'm paypigging for the beastman DLC immediately after this campaign. I held off on buying it out of lingering seethe for (((GW))) for too damned long. A masterwork of a game.
>>
What's the best TW for a beginner to get into? Is Warhammer 2 worth the money? Why is it held in such high regard relative to other TW games?
>>
>>709911
>treasurer
Wait is that still a thing?
I thought offices were replaced by the elector count system
>>709917
I think you could have won that, depending on the difficulty
try to bait the minotaurs in a forest against spears after softening them up with a volley, then use the crossbows to either snipe khazrak (honestly no idea how tanky he is I haven't fought him or other beastmen in ages) or just melt the unshielded beastmen units by focus fire.
If your leader is underlevelled have him tie up the shielded infantry, otherwise, if he has levels and gears, duel their leaders.
7 kills on crossbowmen against numerically inferior beastmen is a disgrace desu
>>
>>709925
>What's the best TW for a beginner to get into?
They say shogun 2 but for me it entirely depends on what setting you like the best.
Except anything before shogun 2 is very clunky and dated, empire TW in particular is just unplayable
>Is Warhammer 2 worth the money?
Maybe?
You can just buy warhammer 1 and 2 from a key reseller at very low prices and get hours of content, then most DLCs add like one or two extra play throughs
Some DLCs feel like an essential upgrade to the roaster (EG: grim and the grave) others are completely skippable (EG: hunter and the beast)
Honestly I suggest you pirate the game if you don't even know if you like total war.
>Why is it held in such high regard relative to other TW games?
Incredible unit, faction and lord variety, a fuckton of meaningfully diverse content.
Let's say you buy just the base games:
You've got the 4 vortex campaigns, if you want to play them
Then ME skaven, helves, delves, lizardmen, empire, bretonnia, vampire counts, dwarfs, greenskins
among them different lords play differently enough to warrant playing a faction more than once
Now install Shogun 2:
the Date, Mori, shimazu and so on play essentially the same, sure you can start in 3 different parts of japan but aside form that they're the essentially same.
except otomo, otomo are based.
Spellcasters, monsters, heroes and single entities in general might or might not be a point in favor of the game, it's down to taste
It's relatively easy to get your main lord to a point where he can solo one or more armies with his spells and abilities, and you can also make "doomstacks", unstoppable armies that are just monsters
You might think this makes the game too easy but the late game can still be challenging as you need to fend off multiple races with different strength and weaknesses form multiple fronts, so having one "I win" army doesn't make everything a cakewalk, it just helps smooth out the usually very boring late game total war has.
>>
>>709946
>I thought offices were replaced by the elector count system
I'm playing the 1st game, it very well might have in the second.
>I think you could have won that, depending on the difficulty
Yeah, I think the minotaurs distracted me into wasting the crossbow's crucial first few minutes when I could've used the spearmen just as well, which is what let the beastmen make mincemeat of my men. Doesn't matter if their minotaurs were slain without killing anyone if the battle was lost.
>If your leader is underlevelled have him tie up the shielded infantry, otherwise, if he has levels and gears, duel their leaders.
The leader was lv 4 to Khazak's 2, which had me slightly overconfident and thinking he could maybe take him down in concert with a couple of units of swordsmen. The beastlord slayed him in under a minute and routed one of the swordsmen units while the other one fought and was also massacred but didn't route instantly.
>7 kills on crossbowmen against numerically inferior beastmen is a disgrace desu
It was and I'd be ashamed of it if I weren't hell-bent on avenging the loss. Lessons learned, I'll be more bold and less aggressive in the future. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>709911
also, are you playing on small unit size?
don't do that
it horribly fucks with the balance
>>
>>709964
Shit I am, aren't I? Fuck, I better adjust that.
>>
>>709963
>I'm playing the 1st game, it very well might have in the second.
Do you not have the second game?
if you do I suggest you switch, they reworked pretty much every single faction for the better.
also if you want to play beastmen the newest DLC is a cheaper, but it only gives you one lord
>>
>>709971
one beastman lord*
it also gives a skink lord but he kinda sucks
>>
>>709917
>>709911
>man named Boris faces Khazrak
>loses
Sad. Many such cases.
>>
>>709925
>What's the best TW for a beginner to get into?
Rome 2
It was awful at launch but they fixed it mostly. If you want to get into the series it’s either Rome 2, WH2 or Shogun 2 if you like samurai.
>>
Anyone else here dreams of total war?
>>
>>710963
Yeah, it makes me feel like a right cunt. Sometimes when I wake up, I feel my hand doing mouse movements.
>>
tell me about your favorite Total War game, anons. i need ideas on which one to start with.
>>
>>711081
Shogun 2
>>
>>711087
what makes it your favorite?
>>
>>711089
Good
>>
Is getting high food net gain from under-empire and conquering cities as level 5 a bad strategy?
>>
>>711174
Wtf are you even asking bro
>>
>>711081
>>709955
Ask /twg/ maybe
>>
>>711214
Do you even play this game, retard?
Anyways, is there any way other than invading halfway across the map to stop retards I don't want to be at war with from invading halfway across the map?
>>
>>711220
No
>>
File: vampire.png (910 KB, 500x667)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
>>711220
Hope that somebody halfway across the world will kill them since they're wasting manpower on you. If they don't hate you too much killing their invading army and reducing their power level might make them want to peace out. At least this worked for me when I beat up one of Nakai's armies that he used to invade Mousilon with.
>>
How do warp grinders work?
The AI loves them but they constantly get <10 kills in any battle I fight manually
>>
>>696886
So I’ve been playing totally vanilla for a few campaigns. Are there any mods that people consider “essential” for a smoother experience? I do also love unit roster expansions but there’s always the challenge of finding units that look cohesive with the rest of the game and aren’t totally busted.
>>
>>711752
>Are there any mods that people consider “essential” for a smoother experience?
Essential? no
But I can recommend the region trading mod and the instant quest battle mod
anything that adds unit is usually busted trash
>>
>click on empire unit
>SIGMAR'S BALLS
bravo CA
>>
File: 139.jpg (569 KB, 1920x1080)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>turn 139
>the empire is united
>The Brets and the Dwarves stand strong
>Miragliano and Tilea have been reclamed from the ratmen
>The grudgebearer is slowly but surely mopping up mors and grimgor
>meanwhile Franz is sitting in Kislev playing cards and drinking himself to sleep because THE EVERCHOSEN IS ON FUCKING STRIKE
How many fucking Delf stack do I need to wipe before that asshole shows up already?
Doesn't help that, for some reason, autoresolve thinks every Delf army can take 2 of my armies so I have to fight them all manually
>>
>>705401
>Seriously why the fuck are depth guard units so slim in numbers?
because they were supposed to be uber elite but their stats were gutted for the same reason they gut everything, the ten people who play multiplayer complained loud enough
>>
>>705647
CHARIOTS
A
R
I
O
T
S
Cycle charge shit to hell and back.
>>
>>709925
TW is a very noob friendly series, none of the games get too complex except for the first Shogun and Medieval games because of their control schemes and maybe Attila and Warhammer (and that's only campaign and battle wise, respectively) and there is a wealth of guides and tips in text and video alike to sooth things out for you.
If I had to pick one for best place to get in I would pick Shogun 2, good mix of everything except magic stuff and has some reasonable challenge later on in the campaigns to teach you to plan ahead.
In general, learn where to engage your inf, learn to prioritize targets for your ranged, and learn to hammer and anvil your cavalry. If you want to practice micro management then play some custom battles with skirmish cav until you are able to face superior enemy forces with around 10 skirm cav units with minimal losses without pausing.
>>
>>711174
Sounds like a good strat to me. I focus my underempire on food production and only build gold generating under city buildings in major settlements where the %gold building is worth it.
>>
>>712492
Yeah, waiting around for second chaos invasion was the hardest part of that campaign for me. Same with my maleketh play through. I’m starting to see why some people just turn it off.
>>
How fast should I be conquering?
Playing Dwarfs right now, what's a good turn to have the greenskins wiped out by
>>
>>712771
I don't like to compare my speed to others, it gives me anxiety. Instead I just try to make a marked improvement every campaign.
>>
>>712771
This is a dumb answer, but as quickly as you can safely manage. A safe rate of expansion will depend on your faction, diffuculty setting, and a bit of random luck on your start.
On higher difficulty setting you need to be careful about expanding too aggressively and meeting too many factions in the early game. Larger boarders means more potential enemies, and if one hits you with a DoW, it can cause a cascading disaster since factions will view you as an easier target if you are engaged in wars on multiple fronts.
>>
>>712881
Plus defending yourself pisses off their friends
>>
>>712771
Generally speaking you should never stop fighting, the post battle loot is enough to build any public order building on conquered territory
>>
File: my quest is doom.jpg (719 KB, 1920x1080)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>My quest is doom!
Got you, buddy
>>
File: TKs.jpg (716 KB, 1920x1080)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
>I can't believe the mortals left this perfectly serviceable piece of land uninhabited!
>>
File: TKs2.jpg (647 KB, 1920x1080)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>713230
>OH NNNN-
>>
>playing Kroq'gar
>Tiktaqto wants ansolutely nothing to do with me past a non-agression pact
>Tiktaqto makes a fucking military alliance with Thorgrim Grudgebearer and they go and fight Frimgor together
What the hell, man? Should I just go to war with Tiktaqto? I'd love to confederate but he just is not interested in developing our relations any further.
If I declare war though I'd also have to fight the Dwarfs, and I'm sure I'll need to fight Grimgor on top of that eventually. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>713282
check if relations are improving
if you're already in the green just pile on grimgor, watch your reliability and just wait for it
>>
>>713317
Relations have actually been dropping a bit due to Great Power. I'd rather not declare war on Grimgor if I can help it since he is #1 Strength rank and has almost 30 settlements. But it's looking to be inevitable at this point.
>>
Grace is leaving it seems.
They might get someone competent
>>
File: Screechign woman.png (34 KB, 311x254)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>713323
about time
>>
The Bretonnian campaign punishing you for using too many peasants is the weirdest fucking design decision. Isn't the whole point the contrast between my trash infantry and cavalry, why are they forcing me to use all cavalry armies?
>>
>>713337
It's supposed to force you into a cav heavy playstyle
Bretonnia isn't a faction with strong cav, it's the cav faction.
That being said, it's only really a problem in the early game later on you can shit out a lot of peasants
problem is that cavalry is bugged and takes a lot of damage right now
BUT
it only happens against unbraced targets and the AI is really good at bracing
>>
File: siege.jpg (709 KB, 1920x1080)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
>>712726
I think fighting chaos is fun
It's a predictable, hyperaggressive, numerically superior, elite group of armies
Furthermore, each LL also has a differently themed army so you can have different armies to counter them which is pretty neat.
You either take them on with an OP LL, ambush and assault them with agents, or manually fight sieges as they advance to maximize casualties inflicted
Plus it actually works as a world ending threat:
I sent Boris from Estalia to Naggarond in hope to strike at the earth of my enemies but by the time he got there chaos was already sieging the city and had razed everything around it

Problem is that I literally killed every single Chaos LL and the campaign is continuing
which means either the game is bugged or one of the LLs is now leading an army on the other side of the world
Either way I'm ending this campaign, with Morathi Declaring war on me (strength rank 1) it would take way too long to finish even if the game isn't bugged and I could destroy chaos
Has something like this happened to anyone else ITT?
>>
>>713615
>Has something like this happened to anyone else ITT?
Yup, Dwarf campaign before the last update. The 2nd wave hit and I killed all the LLs at least once, but the wave didn't end. Tried looking around for the last horde but couldn't find anything around Norsca, or anywhere else in the old world.
Eventually I just sent agents to every corner of the globe and found Archaon has been re-recruited into some dying shitstack that made it to central Naggaroth. Looked like he was fighting random rogue armies in his final moments, because he was finally finished by the time my doomstack expedition had made it past Lothern.
I wish they redid the Chaos Invasion to something like a WAAAGH mechanic the AI had to abide by: each faction (main woc faction and the assorted puppets) has a target they have to march on and delete, and if it's not razed in x turns they start dying off. That way you can tell which ones are still a threat and need krumping.
>>
>>714626
well that sucks
Maybe I'll actually try finishing the campaign but I really don't want to spend 50 more turns fucking Morathi's deathstacks while sending Gelt and Franz on vacation in lustria
If only Lothern wasn't unpleasant climate to humans for no reason at all, then counter invading the doughnut wouldn't be such a slog.

oh who am I kidding I'm totally gonna play 50 more turns of that
But does Chaos actually recruit/spawn new armies or do I just need to mop up the ones that already spawned?
>>
>>714655
Far as I've seen, they don't get anymore free armies but they can still shit out fledgling stacks as normal. If they're being actively hunted they WILL die, eventually.
>>
File: tw2.jpg (1.02 MB, 2560x1440)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>playing Malekith
>having a hard time, no money, Chaos to the north, Eataine to the south, assholes to the east.
Wasn't this supposed to be easy?
>google it
>oh this is what I was supposed to do
>game is easy mode now

FUCK
>>
>>715696
>"Fuck, this game is too hard"
>looks up how to git gud
>"Fuck, this game is too easy"
Never change 4chan
>>
>>715787
Not him but I think he's ruminating about a lot of the difficulty in Total War Warhammer being a bit of a "one simple trick to destroy the early game"
And as we all know once you graduate past the early game you've basically won the game
>>
>>716065
I wish midgame extended longer. You pretty much go from early game army to late game army instantly. I think they tried to do that whit growth change. But that's not enough.
>>
>>715696
well what was u supposed to do nigger?
>>
Am I the only one that kinda hates how the "Main faction" of any race gets the least powerful faction bonus and the least special mechanics?

Like for Dark Elves Malekith's factions gets... less loyalty for their troops and Malekith hands out XP to his generals.

Mazdamundi gets cheaper rites and cheaper star chambers

Luther gets a completely negligible bonus to lords and heroes

Queek is basically Malekith but he steals XP instead (And while Skrollk gets some neat mechanics, it hardly compares to fucking nukes)

Tyrion is actually OP as fuck, but he doesn't get any "Special mechanics".
>>
>>717246

>Like for Dark Elves Malekith's factions gets... less loyalty for their troops and Malekith hands out XP to his generals.

And yet he's arguably their best LL

>Queek is basically Malekith but he steals XP instead (And while Skrollk gets some neat mechanics, it hardly compares to fucking nukes)

The problem here isn't Queek, it's Ikit Claw

>Tyrion is actually OP as fuck, but he doesn't get any "Special mechanics".

Sometimes a LL is good not just because of cuhrayzee mechanics but because they're good at their job.
>>
>>717261
>And yet he's arguably their best LL
I mean he is straight up the strongest LL they have by a wide margin. But he can be used by any dark elf faction that absorbs his.
>>
>>717273
Right, but on that token you can counter every one of those examples with "Just play the lord you want in their faction and confederate them"
>>
>>717283
You really can't though. Because the point is that the main faction is boring. Countering that with the fact that it's also superfluous is just hammering the point home.
>>
>>717182
put all slaves in one province, build all the slave buildings in each settlement then pump the income with khainite assassins, masters to reduce decline
>>
>>717261
I wish you could get skyre upgrades for other factions for comical amounts of cash
Want infinite ratling gun ammo? 30k gold.
And the skyre AI gets it too, it isn't poofed
>>
Is it normal for basically all high elves to declare war on you as thousand maws? First dark elf game.
>>
>>717580
Pretty normal, yes
>>
>>717246
>Like for Dark Elves Malekith's factions gets... less loyalty for their troops and Malekith hands out XP to his generals.
Yeah, it's bad and should be replaced with something good, but on the other hand I don't want CA touching dark elf lords, because half the times they fuck up and add some kind of baby sitting mechanic that gets in the way, as opposed to some useful side shit other factions get. And since Mally is my favourite and already not in the best spot - don't fuck it up CA.
>>
>>696886
19 shades 1 mally & seraphon
>>
>>716194
The chaos invasion is supposed to be an actual challenge and force the player into a rapid realignment but its not actually enough on lower difficulties and it tends to be focused on a very few locations on the map making it either easy to avoid if you are far away or something you just buildup for and then smash if you are close. I'd personally like to see more marauding armies come out of the middle of nowhere or spawn like beastmen do in the far portions of big provinces, far enough away so the player can respond but close enough so you have to hustle.
>>
>>714655
>>714676
iirc on higher difficulties archaon tends to do his second spawn far away more often. Chaos I think does have a timer where after a certain point the only new armies they get are hordes that are spun off the existing ones, so they start out pretty weak and easy to pop. It might also only start that after archaon's first death. But I've had weird scenarios where the next wave came like 30 turns after I thought things were over, so sometimes it can be hard to know.
>>
So, does this game have any mods that make it good?
>>
>>718407
>armies come out of the middle of nowhere
that mechanic is so lame, please no
>>
>>718591
It already happens during normal wars
>>
>dwarfs were pretty easy, let me give empire a try
>your warriors flee
>your warriors flee
>your warriors flee
help
>>
>>719052
Shoot the enemy before your infantry can flee
>>
>>705896
I hate how they made Nagash and decided that he should be the be all and end all of undeath.
No love for Drachenfels
>>
>>719052
>help
Spears->swords
heavily rely on your Lord
Heavily rely on missile troops
Get arty
use your wizard
halberdier can usually take care of most monsters
Micro your cav (especially Franz's starting reiksguard)
Use your mages

That's the generic advice, What lord are you playing?
>>
>>718591
Middle of nowhere is perhaps a bit of a strong way to put it, but my point is that right now the consistency of the spawns means you're only ever threatened by chaos in your first campaign, because after you realize how you have to play it most people just plop down a lightning strike doomstack on the spawn and wait.

Perhaps what could help is making sure that the stacks that spawn randomly are very weak to start out. Just marauders, not a full set of 20 or even 15, maybe a couple 10s but mostly around 5ish. Then you can both see them roaming around in the back portion of your provinces and you can easily kill them long before they're a threat to randomly raze cities. And if they start small enough that they aren't a problem for even small settlement garrisons then hopefully the player has time to raise up a quick banner if necessary. Chaos should be lots of little fires that are, in total, too much for the player to handle or slowly wear down your economy/armies instead of one giant push that you can just alpha strike out of the game with a high level lord and a cheesy doomstack.
>>
File: monsters.png (3.5 MB, 1161x1676)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PNG
>>719149
Drachenfels was too based. Can't just have a super evil necromancer who also commands greenskins and demons as well.
>>
File: 20210128222006_1.jpg (938 KB, 1920x1080)
938 KB
938 KB JPG
Fuck the orcs, also Belegar's campaign is kinda difficult
>>
File: 20210128231114_1.jpg (953 KB, 1920x1080)
953 KB
953 KB JPG
>>719444
How many green fuckers are there?
>>
>>719252
Franz
>>
>>719613
Rush marienburg and park its elector count there for free money
>>
>>717246
And yet Settra is the strongest Tomb Kang and faction.
>>
>playing Kroq-gar
>Tiktaq'to didn't want to be friends with me
>after 128 turns of Tiktaq'to being a bitch I declare war on him and make a non-agression pact with Grimgor
Friendship ended with skink, Ork is my best friend now.
>>
>>697092
I'm sorry but I didn't realize I was playing fucking Dynasty Warriors garbage.
>>
>>720283
That was your mistake mate. But I'll forgive you.
>>
>>720283
>>720378
>kill Malus Darkblade's army
>he kills my army all by himself
>>
File: heroic.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1080)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
Didn't know autobalance could give heroic victories
>>
>>719451
A lot.
>>
File: ske.jpg (1007 KB, 1920x1200)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
>cast wind of death on sand skellies
>they get even deader
Explain this anons
>>
Why is dark elf artillery so terrible
How do you use one entity monsters
>>
>>720582
>fight battle manually
>crushing defeat
>savescum
>auto-resolve battle
>heroic victory
yeah, sometimes auto-resolve is alright
>>
>>721063
op faction in my long term imo
>>
>>702245
>>702407
Scooby Doo Zombie Island had zombie pirates. Weren't the biggest focus though.
>>
>>696886
how to play lore-friendly as Skaven? So far I know that they are rats that fight like 10k against 1k or some shit, also that they don't care about other rats dying. I usually do the chevron formation with ratling guns and dispatch some skavenslaves as bait while I bombard the enemy with artillery. Is this good? I mean, it works but I wonder how to get more cannon fodder instead of just bringing two armies.
>>
>>721174
you can bring 4 armies, just make 2 extra stacks on nothing but shitty throwaway troops and put them under the control of the AI. they will now join the battle while you control 2 other stacks of your choice for a 4-stack battle.
>>
File: fog.png (3.89 MB, 1500x2000)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
>>702239
The Fog kinda
>>
>>721174
>Lore friendly
If you want to be that autistic, know that it'd vary from clan to clan
>>
>>721342
unfortunately that campaign is long over but this looks cool so I'm gonna watch it anyway
thanks anon
>>
>>713230
>>713245
kek
>>
File: TKs full.png (3.67 MB, 996x2116)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB PNG
>>722057
here's the full version I posted on /twg/
>>
File: 1604371715710.jpg (200 KB, 914x1024)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>721347
>DJ Edeskhet's Final Mix ft. Kholexxx & the A-boys
>>
>>722612
Shit meant to quote this>>722066
>>
I keep overextending as Rakarth
I'm going to start a new run and conquer bretonnia. It's right there, it's easy, it's rich. Fuck Norsca, Fuck the Empire, and FUCK HIGH ELVES
>>
>>722789
I think you should rush the doughnut before they come and fuck your shit, but you do you
>>
>>697858
>just cheese bro!
Why are fantasoys like this?
>>
File: 1628709616354.png (1.01 MB, 1200x733)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>playing khatep on legend
>had to spend first rite on casket in order to not get sodomized by beastmen and morathi
>second rite hit, put that ptra necrotech on tyrant peak, got fat dough from multiple quests, moving up in life
>rogue army shitstack spawned on top of it, immediately start sieging
>mainstack came to relieve it
>shitstack ran away with a full turn worth of movement, couldn't chase
>the moment i hit end turn, shitstack came back and razed my brand new t3 city
>mfw
>>
>>723198
rogue armies are the worst
>>
>>721342
This was the worst movie I've seen in a while
>>
how's the new dlcs/updates? havent played since last year
>>
File: Hector_sad.jpg (42 KB, 595x699)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>723971
I'm so sorry anon
>>
>>724533
it's okay anon, at least it helped me sleep
>>
>>724498
i like ogres they are stronk and it lets you have cavalry as dwarfs
>>
I'm doing a cult of pleasure femdom run
Only females are allowed to fight, except for garrisons which are obviously subbies defending their mistresses
>>
File: 1530459767806.png (144 KB, 2480x786)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>725268
based
>>
File: 20210814182028_1.jpg (1.11 MB, 2560x1440)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
Does anyone know why can't I open the Mercs, State troops and RoRs menus? They were fine until a turn or two ago. Is this a bug or am I being stupid?
>>
>>726464
are you running some mods?
>>
>>702239
Carpet Remnant World? There's loads about Pirate zombies in that.
>>
File: 20210814141434_1.jpg (871 KB, 2560x1440)
871 KB
871 KB JPG
>>726576
I do indeed. I ran a bunch of tests and turned a couple of mods on and off and I've determined that there was simply nothing available to recruit and I'm an idiot. I just assumed you could open the menus no matter what, but, no, you can't. I only got the final state troops late on and I'd been keeping a couple of RoRs in my back pocket for a rainy day, so I got so used to opening those menus no matter what I assumed something had gone haywire. Instead of was dumb and paranoid. Oh, well.

Gelt lost this battle, but he was the last on off the field so he did his duty. I don't know if this is an oversight, but he can now cast basic Glittering Robe spells for no winds of magic at all, it's great.
>>
There should be a Order-alligned Skaven faction who look like squirrels.
>>
>>726770
I don't disagree
>>
>>726770
They still do all the same research and everything but they maintain good relations via propaganda
>>
>Dwarf campaign
>south is mostly cleaned up of orcs, going to finish it up and then deal with chaos
>3 hours later, I wiped out the greenskins but chaos showed up and burned down some colonies and a greenskin savage group popped up and colonized one
hdhajjghslksjwkrjcnxns
>>
>>727054
Just raise another army bro
>>
>>723971
I've got a soft spot for it but then I grew up near where it was shot so
>>
File: BUTWHY.jpg (868 KB, 1920x1200)
868 KB
868 KB JPG
Yo wtf is wrong with Gor-Rok dude just decided out of the blue to declare war on my vassal and dragged me in. I thought we were all lizardbros I helped him defend Itza and shit. Is he mad I took big Kroak? I'm literally standing next to his capital with my jacked up main stack does he really like buttsex that much? I'm so fucking mad goddamn.
>>
>>719618

Avoid Marienburg as it is money sink untill lv5 and will make you at war with Norsca far too early.

Get starting province, kill skullsmasherz, kill vampires.

Rushing Marienburg is terrible advice for someone who is just trying empire.
>>
>>727283
>Richest province you can get as empire
>Easily walled
>Allows you to trade with bretonnia
>Money sink
Brainlet
>>
Why would Norsca be a concerne when they exist solely for Bretonnian knights to prace their lancing skills on?
>>
>>726464
Mercs pop up in the map like gotrek and Félix do, you have to walk to them. Then you can recruit them m
>>
>>727267
lizards hate each other for some reason, i think it has to do with their "Cold-Blooded Logic" trait
I'm playing Kroq-Ga rand Tiktaq'to just absolutely refuses any diplomacy.
Also, Nakai's vassal is really low on the Strength meter so everyone declares war on him.
>>
>>727283
>make you at war with Norsca far too early
Just smash Norsca. Easy
>>
After learning how to game the slave economy how do I go back to poverty factions (everything but dark elves)?
I mean, aren't most other factions pulling a loss when using heroes economically?
>>
>>727686
You're absolutely right anon, I loaded back before hitting end turn, used the rite that gives my vassal a full stack and dragged Gor-Rok into a bunch of wars so he gets his hands full and it worked. Thank you anon.

>Tiktaq'to just absolutely refuses any diplomacy
If you can't lob money at him yet, I think you can just spam agent action against someone he's at war with, I'm not sure though.
>>
Bored of Rakarth, who to play next?
>>
>>705369
>not using an SSD
Ngmi
>>
>>717471
Thanks fren
>>
>>727283
That's dumb. Marienburg gives tons of money and is in a nice defensible location next to bretonians. Louen often nukes any norscans who try to meander over anyway and the mutual war makes him a reliable friend when otherwise he can sometimes declare war and fuck up the entire empire plan. Plus marienburg is one of the easiest provinces to lose via the elector system or end up in an inconvenient war with at the wrong time. You want to hit it early so you can then spend the rest of the game going east into the vamps and securing the rest of the empire. All you have to do against norsca is fend them off early, often you don't even need a full unit stack after you get walls to do it.
>>
>>728367
Not that guy and I fully support the standard marienburg rush, but in my last game I needed to keep a stack there because fucking rakath kept invading with hydras he pulled out of his asshole.
But foreign policy is always a cointoss in total war so idk if he'll be a problem in all reikland campaigns.
The game before that marienburg beat and occupied couronne lmao
>>
>>727686
>>728280
Cold blooded essentially means that unlike other races they have no automatic bias toward their own kind. So while for example helves love other helves (or at least prefer them over other races) the lizards don't. They're often at odds because if you share a border that's a negative, and while the shared race bonus offsets this for others the lizards just end up packed in and annoyed at each other. Cold blooded also makes them extremely "logical" in that they love to pick on weak(er) factions so a low strength faction with a good amount of land like nakai's vassal is a prime target for the other lizards

Nakai is just particularly prone to getting screwed by this because helping allies doesn't actually make them like your vassal faction, and the vassal faction is usually very low strength because all their focus is on giant garrisons that don't really count toward the strength meter instead of armies. You end up with odd situations as a result where a good ally for Nakai will dislike your vassal or view them as a prime target and declare war. iirc there's a mod that fixes this so other nations just go off their relationship with nakai instead of his vassal when interacting with the vassal, but I don't recall the name.
>>
>>728373
>Cold blooded essentially means that unlike other races they have no automatic bias toward their own kind. So while for example helves love other helves (or at least prefer them over other races) the lizards don't
Is this lore accurate?
>>
>>728371
That's fair. I have done an empire run where that same thing happened. Letting one of the electors invade bretonnia and then quickly assimilating them right before the brets turn can be insanely valuable. I've also done a few runs where I just try to kill off louen asap as empire so they can't confed and I can come back to pick off the rest of the brets later with ease.
>>
>>728375
Kinda but no? Lizards don't really fight each other, but they are also prone to interpreting the great plan differently and just doing their own thing. Plus to be totally fair lustria is a shitshow so most of those factions are only peripherally aware of the other for the most part due to having stuff going on closer to home. Like, hexo has froggy hitler running things and while he knows there are temple cities down south like itza he's not really sending emissaries because he's working on his own part of the great plan and trusting that those other guys are doing the same. Problem is maz thinks the first step in the plan is to kill all non-lizards while some other slann might think working with the other order races like empire/helves would be part of the plan. Then on the other end of the spectrum, Nakai in lore doesn't have vassals or anything, he's just wandering around randomly showing up for battles killing shit and then vanishing back into the jungle.

Honestly if a lizard faction thought another group was going against the great plan they'd probably happily genocide them, but they also aren't really policing each other either.
>>
>>728375
>>728384
Nothing to do with what's being discussed, but I find it funny how a millennia-old race with laser-firing floating pyramids is actually the most technologically primitive. I'm pretty sure even savage orcs are more advanced because at least they have wheels, whereas lizards have to use dinos and kroxigors to carry stuffs around. They're at the tail end of stone/beginning of bronze age I think.
>>
>>728574
well they wouldn't have much use for wheels in the thick jungle of lustria
but aside from that it's because lizardmen are more animalistic than any other faction, aside form maybe the beastmen
as in they don't have inventors, engineers, architects and so on, their society is driven by instincts, slanns aside
IIRC they were made to maintain and defend the society the old ones built, but since they're essentially lab grown warrior-slaves they were made to live off the land without the need for technology
>>
>>728590
>to'pkek
>that saurus backside
Aren't skinks capable of independent thought when they're not busy taking orders from slanns? I think if lizards ever decided to have inventors or engineers they would be from the skink caste, as slanns are far too occupied with their own thing to ever be. But yeah you're right, it's not like they need fancy technologies for what they're supposed to do anyway.
>>
File: ahfuckyougobboman.jpg (823 KB, 1920x1200)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
I fucking love satchel charges
>>
>>729067
What zero armour piercing does to a mf.
>>
>>728574
>>728590
>>728606
Slann are the ones that tap into the winds. Technically they are there to interpret the plan and direct society from the top level too, but those are side effects of them being the most powerful and connected to the old ones before they left.

Saurus were made to fight. They're smart enough to serve as generals and leaders in the army, but at the core they're about killing things and outside of a few rare spawns they're just here to fuck up anyone the slanns want them to.

Kroxigors are laborers. They're barely intelligent and honestly idk if they can even speak for the most part, maybe some primitive protolanguage. They exist mostly to do whatever the skinks tell them to do and when they fight its because a skink put a club in their hands and told them to go hit things.

Skinks are the intelligent backbone of society. They exist literally to ensure the kroxigors don't accidently walk off a cliff and the saurus have someone running their supply lines and the slanns aren't completely reliant on other slanns to get anything done. They probably could invent stuff, but skinks are too busy keeping the rest of their society from falling apart to start crafting cannons and the slanns aren't really interested in long-term projects that don't have clear payoffs unless its part of the great plan, which inventions and tinkering aren't.
>>
>>729166
No one mentioned trannies, can you stop obsessing for five minutes?
>>
>>729238
my dude, what are you on about ?
>>
>>729241
This dude's sperging out about male females fore some reason
>>
>>729251
my dude, mf means "motherfucker"
>>
>>729254
Like Chris-chan. So trannies.
>>
>>729254
Shit... I guess I need to stop obsessing...
>>729166
Sorry mang
>>
File: 20210104203937_1.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>729256
>>729238
Don't apologise to me, apologise to the Trans Right Tree.
>>
>>729752
I'll fuck that tree up
>>
File: 20210104204606_1.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>729925
Join the queue, pal.
>>
I think I hate Skaven. I feel like they're boring to play and irritating to fight, which sounds unfair given their bountiful weapons of war. I like Clan Eshin, but then I still have to deal with the Skaven campaign mechanics which are kind of a ballache. Also everything's a rat, which, whilst novel, does get boring after a while.
>>
>>731165
Skaven dick me right off. In my Dark Elf game they keep wanting to be my pal, but keep backing out of deals we make when it is time to fight with the Empire or some shit. I've managed to keep them out of Naggaroth proper, but the little fucks are all over everywhere else, keeping me from seizing land.
>>
I'm gonna play lizards next. Which lizard should I be?
>>
>>731982
Kroq-Gar
>>
>>731982
tiktaqtoe
>>
>>731982
Personally I like Gor-Rok's starting location best, but as a melee foot lord he's a bit boring in game.
>>
SFO > Vanilla
>>
>>731982
Lizard moses.
Two-in-one or something.
>>
>>731982
Skink Hitler even if his sacrifice mechanic isn't that great
>>
What are some good faction combos for Co-Op multiplayer?
>>
>>732187
CTT > SFO
>>
>>732187
What does SFO change? What makes it better?
>>
File: 123123123123123.png (1.41 MB, 1653x756)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>696886
>>
File: D6AC05.jpg (108 KB, 1300x1214)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>be me
>wait years for a beastmen rework
>it finally comes out and somehow makes them even less fun to play
>no more guerilla warfare, no more ambushes
>just instantly pop out stack after stack for free and roll over the whole world as the single most overpowered military power
>got bored before i could even finish a single campaign of theirs
is there a mod that keeps the new units but completely removes all of the new mechanics?
>>
>>733351
Biggest fag of the year award
>>
You can pirate 1.12 on linux right now btw
>>
>>733351
eat shit
>>
>want to play a new campaign
>can't decide who to play
>close the game
every day
>>
>>733804
chasing cheevos is a good way to decide what to play next
>>
>>733804

Almost the same problem here.

>decide to play new campaign
>"I guess today I'll try X"
>play them for about 20 turns
>realize they're not [insert better lord from their faction]
>abandon the game
>>
>>733935
>Just play Tyrion again and again
Chad life bros
>>
>>700762
Fuck off faggot I hate M2. I was talking about M1.
>>
>>734299
I've never heard anyone ever talk about medieval 1
State your case for it being the best total war
>>
>>735802
Simple effective campaign map
Brutal decisive battles
Great aesthetic
>>
Who should I play?
>Skink Hitler
>Rat Mengele
>Schizo Pirate
>Tree Hitler
>Tentacle Head
>>
>>696886
kemmler is probably the best mage in the game, so your answer is magic. he shits out a fuck-tonne of magic reserve
>>
>>700762
Mods alone make it my favourite. It doesn't have the shitty replenishment system of new total wars either.
>>
Does the "Drink to victory" (buff on army to local province) work with garrison fights?
I assume it doesn't, but you'd think it would be disabled then instead of wasting the post-battle option.
>>
>>736613
Lizard moses.
>>737348
It doesn't. It's not disabled because they're hacks.
>>
Where do you make your warlock laboratories to engmaxx?
>>
OK, I'm trying a Franz campaign (after my first vortex try with Tyrion) and I secured the first province (I defeated the rebellious count).

How should I proceed from here on? Should I conquer the lands of the elector counts? Or try to keep them happy and expand outside? I signed a bunch of non aggression pacts and I think it might have been a bad idea.
>>
>>740336
Take Marianburg
>>
>>723971
Horrible taste. The Fog is a great classic ghost story.
>>
>>734299
>>735802
>>736411
m1 is pretty great, but even it had the problem where kings and princes could solo entire armies even after their bodyguard and the rest of their armies were dead. Admittedly, this is a lot different than single entities today, but the series has always given special weight to leader characters that realism wouldn't warrant.

I do enjoy the chess campaign maps, even if they had some serious flaws and seem to heavily fuck the ai. Max difficulty in m1 is still extremely easy unfortunately. The battle system is also nice in its straightforwardness. I like the game a lot, and have sunk a thousand odd hours into it, but I think it offers a different sort of appeal compared to something like WH. It feels weird to say that they need to compete for the "best" slot, it would be like comparing the 2d marios to the 3d. There's overlap, and you can if you want, but the games are just fundamentally different.
>>
>>740336
Marienburg is the usual route. The naps are fine, depending on who you signed them with. The nice thing about franz is that he's pretty easy because if you don't go for a fast expansion via conquest you will get it eventually through the elector counts regardless. Basically for now just do your best to raise authority, loyalty, and avoid anyone hitting 0. If you are really looking for something to do and signed a lot of deals with neighbors, going after sylvania is always a good idea and even if you don't gain ground on them you will prevent them from eliminating your electors on that side of the map, which is good enough.
>>
>>740419
It's 90% dialogue and nothing happens until the very end
>>
>>740458
I just wish WH had a simple campaign mode like M1 has. Current campaign mechanics are awful and actively work against getting into big interesting battles.
>>
>>740466
>>740383
Thanks, will try.
>>
>>740660
That's fair. I think the chaos invasion does create huge interesting battles though, but I do wish it would happen with more races and more locations than just a few corners and always chaos/beastmen. Honestly though the chaos invasion isn't really that different than the mongols in many ways.

Modern TW games are designed to have a much simpler ramp up to the bigger things while m1 you could get into decisive battles pretty much from the first turn depending on faction. Unfortunately dlc factions lean heavily into making quest battles the really unique and interesting ones, and that's not the worst thing but it does mean you're limited to only a few per campaign and they're always pretty similar.
>>
Is Thrott actually fun to play or are the mutations less interesting than Ikit's workshop
>>
>>742902
He's fun but, in my experiences, his early-game either requires you to go a bit slower than Ikit or you need to have a sack city.
Then there's the fact that in ME you start close to where the Warriors of Chaos will pop up, so you'll most likely become the world's first line of defence against them (the hero the Old World deserves, not the one it needs right now) and will need to have an army close by if you don't want to lose a few cities to them before they move along.
>>
>>742927
This, to be honest. In my ME game, I have just purged Moulder from the map, and the chaos invasion started right after, leaving all my new territories to get eaten by Archaon. Wish I'd left the rats alone.
>>
>>743010
I'm playing Grimgor for the first time and went south&east first (Eshin started a war they couldn't win), so the exact turn I got up to the ice to begin wiping out Moulder, Chaos invaded. Then there was the weird 4-way battle between me, Karl Franz, Chaos, and Moulder over the Baersonling's Camp until I bowed out and left them to fight over it while I killed off more Dawi.
It's pretty fun so far.
>>
File: getmeouttahere.png (191 KB, 500x545)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
Someone tell me how to play this fucking game
First campaign as Tyrion? Get fucking toasted.
Second campaign as Lokhir Fellheart? Lose all but Fellheart taking my second city, then get toasted by two full-size Skaven armies.
I don't get this shit.
>>
File: 1628973178494.png (193 KB, 450x418)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>743041
>Tyrion
>Get fucking toasted
NGMI
>>
>>743041
Are you playing vortex or ME?
What exactly are you fucking up?
>>
>>743041
How do you lose as Tyrion mate? They might as well give you the completion screen as soon as you log in.
>>
>>743017
It ended up being pretty fun for me too. Archaon couldn't deal with Isabella and her coven of Vampire heroes.
Grimgor is good. He gets shit on a lot for some reason, but I had fun when I played him
>>
>>744030
I used my influence to gain a bunch of reputation with Caledor because they were the only Helf faction I saw that didn't like me. Then the game told me I should attack Caledor because they're sitting on a Waystone mine.
I decided to be stubborn and attempt to confederate Caledor quickly to get the mine. Didn't work. 150~ reputation, high reliability, turn 55-60, he won't accept, and I don't have the money to buy an army big enough to intimidate him.
Then I started antagonizing Arielle pr whoever because she had a city I needed for Tyrion's quest, then she got strong with allies so I backpedaled.
During this, I ended up at war with Cult of Pleasure, who immediately confederated with Naggarond so I was at war with basically a superpower, the Vampire Coast who showed up the second I left my provinces and wrecked the place, and also a Helf faction.
Basically couldn't win battles because I've never played TW before so I made a thousand rookie mistakes, got behind (my only two controlled provinces were separated by Caledor who I couldn't just conquer because I would savage my relationships with everyone on Ulthuan). Can't keep my provinces safe.
Because I never got that Waystone mine and I retarded my progress with bad strategic decisions I ended up an entire ritual behind the other competing vortex factions. Then I just started Benny Hill running across Ulthuan dealing with 3 wars and the fact that unless I had both my armies fully stocked with troops (killing my economy) and in reinforcement distance, I had no chance of defeating those non-helf factions I was at war with. Even in the rare even fight I'm just so incompetent at this game that I usually lost anyway.
I don't get this game at all
>>743093
The Vortex, I only have WH2 and free-lc.
>>
>>744076
Okay, so the core of the Total War system is that it runs on a rock-paper-scissors system
Cavalry>Archers>Infantry>Cavalry. The battles can mostly be won by sticking a large group of archers behind a medium group of spears, with a couple of fast movers to run down warmachines.
In terms of the campaign stuff, I guess there is no wrong way to play, but fuck Caledor. Focus on making friends with the other Elven factions instead through trade and alliances. Then when Caledor is looking weak and excluded, swoop in and chew them up.
Don't worry so much about finishing the ritual first. You can still win with a not too hard battle if someone else gets there before you do.
>>
>>744076
For defending your houses, find a lord with upkeep reduction (I tend to keep most of my influence for lord buying, but I end up on a stack of it anyway), and stick them with a full stack of seaguard. Between the blueline skills, Lord attributes, and technology, Seaguard get to like 0 upkeep, and still perform really well in seiges, being able to shoot and stab reasonably well
>>
>>744076
Well Ideally you want to to start and end wars as soon as possible
especially in the early game one decisive battle is enough to win an entire war
Fight one war at the time and ignore missions if you want
Also what do you mean by "I started antagonizing Arielle"? just build up and army and declare war on them when you're ready, there's no penalties for waging war against a friendly faction unless you've got some treaties signed.

Sadly I can only really tell you to git gud for battles, but you'll figure it out eventually
Basically just keep your archers safe, and try shooting enemies in the side
This can be achieved by just having a slight concave in your formation and having your right side ranged units shoot the left side of the enemy lines and vice versa.
You should focus down unshielded, unarmored enemies first to melt them immediately and shift the balance of power more and more to your side.

If you got questions about specific matchups, campaign situations or army composition just post a screenshot and ask away, always happy to help a rookie
>>
-The trailer for Grand Cathay will drop September 23rd, Cathay will be fighting mostly Khorne but the ending will have a short cameo with the army Tzeentch.
-Cathay's roster will be heavily inspired by the Shang Dynasty. In terms of magical creatures there will be Kirins for lord and hero mounts (Kirin chariots too), tiger based beastmen for infantry, Jiang Shi serving as undead tar pit units (lores of heaven, light, beasts, and fire will be used by spellcasters), Fire Dragons (wingless, they function more as Ancient Salamanders, will be recycled for Chaos Dwarfs), Basilisks, a new lightning variation of Phoenix, and Tenmas (war beasts prone to rampage).
-Snakemen of Khuresh were scrapped from launch, will likely be in a lord pack, ideas included brawlers (based on pythons), twin short sword soldiers (based on mambas), and spitters (based on cobras).
-Starting Legendary Lords will consist of the Dragon Emperor (almost as big as Throgg, will be a spellcasting brawler, will not have a mount) and a new character named Xao Qi (bald old guy for players that want a "normal" LL, will be mostly a buffer with access to Lore of Shadows). Monkey King is being saved for a lord pack.
-CA will be confirming day/night/dawn/dusk features, will give some factions (not daemons or undead) fatigue buffs/debuffs just like terrain.
-Chaos Dwarfs will be the first race pack after launch, CA wanted Dogs of War so long time historical TW players were not alienated but GW overrode this.
-CA has not confirmed a release date because the US rating system (ESRB) gave them an M rating over how gory exposed intestines of Nurgle's forces are, this is being reworked (will compensate with more mucus) with the Soul Grinder being the biggest offender hence why only concept art has been show up to this point.
-SG of Slaanesh might have been seen as risque with enlarged mammary glands, but this was still acceptable for a Teen rating.
>>
>>745063
-Changeling was considered as a Legendary Hero for Tzeentch, he will be saved for a lord pack.
-Current lord pack lineup will likely be Kislev vs. Norsca, Nurgle vs. Dwarfs, Slaanesh vs. Vampire Counts, Khorne vs. Empire (no it will not be Toddy), Tzeentch vs. Skaven (Thanquol is the highest candidate), and Cathay vs. Tomb Kings (King Phar is the highest candidate).
-Bohemond Beastslayer will be the free Bretonnia LL later down the line, Reolus is considered for a possible LH.
-Nagashizzar is being saved toward near the end of the life cycle; Nagash, Neferata, and Nameless One will be the LLs with a fourth currently being debated.
-Valkia, Vilitch, and Festus will FLC for owners of game 1 and the WoC race pack, them and Sigvald will have access to marked chaos furies, warriors, and chaos spawn of their respective gods. Vilitch is being debated as to whether or not he will receive a Disc of Tzeentch.
-Rogue Armies featuring all non-Legendary units will return game 3. Vashnaar will be included but will not appear until turn 30.
-Marked Daemon Princes are being saved for lord packs. Daemonic named heralds (Blue Scribes, Epidemius, Skulltaker, and Masque) will be the FLC lords for their respective lord packs.
-Owners of game 1 will receive access to Snagla and unique Forest Goblin units. Owners of game 2 will receive access to Moltskin (leader of Skaven Clan Volkn) with unique fire based variations of Skaven units. Both will only be playable in Greater Game (name of Immortal Empires).
-Naval combat coming eventually, not for at least a year.
-Malal will be referenced as "The False Fifth", the Dreadaxe will be a Sword of Khaine level item that will be important in the campaign for Be'lakor.
-The Skaven will be able to access the Realm of Chaos with their own special section; this will likely be added when Thanquol gets added, but not on launch.
-The Hung are being saved for a possible Hobgoblin Khan army if Kurgans don't make it in.
>>
>>745082
-CA will not be doing any more lord packs for any Elf factions or Lizardmen
-Spirit Hosts and Abyssal Terrors going to be in the Slaanesh vs. Vampire Counts lord pack
-GW expressly forbade use of pygmies, amazons, gnomes, all things Albion, and elemental incarnations outside of summon spells; Araby was also on this list but fan backlash has made them reconsider.
-Do not expect Hobgoblins in the Chaos Dwarfs army, CA wants to save as many units as they can exclusively for the Khans. Ice Trolls are being considered for Hobgoblin Khans.
-If a Kurgan army is going to happen Krom will be the race leader.
-No, Malal is not the dying god mentioned in the official summary. It isn't Sigmar either.
-All four Chaos Gods will have brief cameos at the end of their army's cinematics and final battle a la Horned Rat in TWW2. GW approved of older depictions of the dark gods appearing as statues and murals.
-Norsca rework will include Throgg having access to Stone Trolls, it is being debated whether or not he should have access to River Trolls. Ice and Bile Troll access has been brought up.
-Monster armies will be part of the main campaign and Greater Game led by a Regiment of Renown variant as the leader. Winning against these monster armies will increase food, experience, and gold resources, but no replenishment for exhaustion. Rakarth, Imrik, and the Beastmen will be able to locate these armies easier even in the fog of war.
-Expect more sea monsters appearing on the map.
>>
>>745101
>No more Elf packs
Wood Elves really got shafted then, didn't they?
>>
>>745527
They're completely fine
>>
>Not a smidgen of info about WoC
I want this leak to be fake
>>
>>744076
So >>744101 is good advice. I would also mention that helves are a deceptively complex race because their low level troops are spears and archers but after that they get specialized fast. I would advise sticking to simple spear + archer combos with maybe a couple of artillery pieces and cav for your basic army comp to get used to things. Surround the artillery, start with your cav far away and ideally hidden in trees or right behind your army, and put your archers behind your spears. Make sure you take a look at skirmish mode, if enemies get close and you have it turned on archer units will try to run away before executing any other orders, and that can fuck you over if you have a tight line. Try to get on a hill, not on top of it but on the slope with your archers higher than your spears, often putting your spears on the flat terrain in front of the hill so your archers have a good firing angle the whole battle.

If you really can't figure out what to do you can always corner camp, just set up your spears in a corner and ranged behind them. Its pretty cheesy and not exactly fair since you're abusing the map borders to close off enemy access to flanks, but I would say its one less thing to worry about while learning your units and such.

AI races generally confed when you are stronger than them, have high reliability, and a very positive rep. So if you had trouble keeping armies in the field that's probably why caledor wouldn't. You could try to cheese this by raising a temporary banner to convince them to sign on, or you can abuse the helf influence mechanic to raise your rating with him to massive levels. Another way to get better rep and potentially solve your superpower issues at the same time is to get the AI to fight the same people as you. I would have started by inviting caledor into the war against the cult and pirates, they might get weakened by the war too and make confeding even easier.
>>
>>745545
Mechanically they are middle of the road, but they are not in nned of an update like the Warriors of Chaos, or Norsca, so I can forgive that. It is just that they are surely the only race to be considered 'finished' at four lords. Seems sad desu
>>
>>744076

Despite being the "diplomacy" faction, Tyrion's start on Vortex is one of the trickier ones for diplomacy. Most campaigns start you surrounded by a lot of unfriendlies which is good because you want their land; Tyrion starts surrounded by friends, which gets tough because you want their land.

Of the Ulthuan high elves:
Caledor: don't bother becoming friends, you'll get a quest to go after them for fragments.
Avelorn: don't bother becoming friends, 90% of the time they'll hold the Phoenix Gate which you need for your a piece of your personal gear, and their lands are decent enough to want anyway.
Saphery: Ideally, you want to conquer your way to Avelorn, so it means going either up the left side of the inner circle or the right side. I usually choose to go through Saphery as their lands have some better resources. Don't bother being friends.
Ellyrion: If you're not going up the left side of the inner circle, and plan to take Saphery's land, may as well make friends with these guys.
Tiranoc: Don't really have lands you want, and hold down the west side of the island. Make friends and leave them be.
Chrace/Cothique/Yvaresse: They hold the outer ring (north and east side) of the island, and their territory isn't great. May as well be friends, unless you're going for Sword of Kaine and one of them has it (don't bother)

Once you've conquered a good chunk of Ulthuan, you should have the economy to prepare to move westward towards actual enemies. Just remember before this to watch who is allying (so you don't get in a war with like 3 other factions you wanted to friend), to never sign agreements (even trade) with someone you plan to fight, and ideally you want to piss them off by taking any benefit you can from them before you eliminate them. This means for example if you intend to take all of Avelorn's lands, send Nobles in to Secure Influence of their cities.
>>
File: 1358817842595.png (14 KB, 300x300)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
I'm trying to learn from this, but the patterns are always the same.
>Start game (this time, I decided to try Alith Anar because no surrounded-by-allies shit like Tyrion and no Lustria bowl like Fellheart)
>Turn 1 build up army
>Turn 2-4 go for first objective
>As soon as I do that an army comes out of fog of war and sacks my capital while I'm gone, have to play out the guaranteed loss rather than auto-completing because I need to at least weaken the army sacking my capital rather than giving them a free win
>Go to get revenge, I start combat (army 16/20 or so) to find out he has two armies stacked on each other
>I get trashed, Valiant Defeat at best
>My turn ends, enemy chases me down on their turn and I can't run from the battle
>Lose my entire army and LL
>Restart from frustration because now I have no army, no LL, two armies ready to sack all my cities next turn, and by the time I get my next army there are going to be two fully restocked lords ready to kill me
In my Malekith attempted campaign I had a very friendly NPC that joined me in a war against someone with a scroll farm, seemed great until I left with the ally to go take the city, they started sieging first so they ended up taking the city from me, and while I was gone some factionless Dwarf raiders showed up to sack Naggaroth again.
Am I just going too fast? Seems like NPCs have two lord armies very early when there's no fucking way I could have the economy to afford that.
As I play more of these campaigns only to fuck up royally, resent every "manual battle", and give up early, I think the real secret is that I'm not enjoying myself because I don't actually like Total War and I just want to play a Warhammer 4X.
>>
>>745063
>>745082
>>745101
Is this a guess? prediction? just making up a scenario for fun and (you)s? or do you claim to have insider knowledge including long term DLC plans
>>
>>746295
>NPCs get cheats that human players can't
Welcome to video games I guess.
What difficulty are you playing on? I have never had factionless dwarves declare war on me as Naggarond.
I would probably restart too in that situation to be fair. I rage quit a Franz campaign today because fuck the Elector mechanics
>>
>>745661
It's clearly fake.
>>
>>745082
>Greater Game
>-Malal will be referenced as "The False Fifth", the Dreadaxe will be a Sword of Khaine level item that will be important in the campaign for Be'lakor.
that's kinda kino
>>
>>744076
>vortex
>>
>>746295
Whew that sounds pretty much like you got a train run on you. Alith is a bad start for inexperienced players because he relies heavily on judging when to attack out of his start spot and you have to be decisive when you do. If you are having trouble with enemies sending stacks in out of the FoW, take your starting hero unit and use that to scout them out. The AI won't have the jump on you quite so easily then. Ambush stance abuse is also your friend. If the AI sends two stacks at you, that's no reason to fight them both at once. Hop into ambush near the chokepoint where the mountains end and take em one by one.

Usually, the game sets you up with a free easy battle turn 1, make sure you take it even if you are building up. The early level and troop xp is worth. My other advice would be never help the ai get more land. Whoever is first in the battle panel will get the biggest rewards and any land, its best to just leave your ally to fight solo in those situations and hope they weaken the enemy before dying or help them in a live battle before intentionally retreating and letting them fail. I often play with no manual battles for something different, its not weird to play the TW games like a 4x. If you do, don't expect to play on legendary difficulty though because you just cannot keep up with ai free stacks.

It sounds like you should take it easy for a campaign to blow off some frustration, knock the difficulty down to normal/hard and just explore how a race works. Also, if you want an easy start try gor-rok. Put kroak in your army and roll.
>>
>>746295
>As soon as I do that an army comes out of fog of war and sacks my capital while I'm gone
?????
as a rule of thumb always move against the closer enemy settlement
>seemed great until I left with the ally to go take the city
>they started sieging first so they ended up taking the city from me
And now you've learned the hard way not to bother fighting alongside allies
Just play on easy/normal while you learn stuff
>>
>>745661
>>745082
>-Valkia, Vilitch, and Festus will FLC for owners of game 1 and the WoC race pack, them and Sigvald will have access to marked chaos furies, warriors, and chaos spawn of their respective gods. Vilitch is being debated as to whether or not he will receive a Disc of Tzeentch.
Read, anon
>>
>>719052
>dwarfs were pretty easy
Their grudges build up so fast for me that the public order debuff becomes a bitch to deal with. New grudges will nonsensically pop up out of nowhere and expect me to cross the continent to do some dumb shit.
>>
>>711638
You hold the enemy unit in place with a hero or skavenslave unit and have the warpgrinders move in after them or you pop them in an empty spot surrounded by fights and pop their skill, which leaves them kinda defenseless but absolutely wreck everything else around them.
That being said, I usually drop them as soon as I get the bikes or a more useful weapon team.
>>
>>712771
depends on the race but as dwarfs, you don't want to keep sacking a settlement because greenskins replenish and reinforce faster than you. Once you're fighting rats you should be slightly more cautious when expanding because they outnumber you 5x1 (on the best scenarios) and usually attack you from 3 fronts (whereas greenskins will attack from 2).
>>
>>745860
I'd say most think of the Beast Men as finished, though some are holding out for Preytons and marked units
>>
Jesus Christ, Mommy Morathi's AI cheats are no joke this patch. I started up a Yvresse campaign in the hopes that it would be a comfy campaign using my Ulthuan holdings to bankroll my crusade against greenskin fucking shits. Instead, Morathi owns 3/4 of the donut, Tyrion's hanging on by a thread with 2 settlements in Caledor, and I just rescued Alarielle by confederating her.
>>
>>748122
Delves confederate like crazy while helves fight among themselves.
In my experience the only time they don't steamroll the doughnuts is when the two biggest delves factions fight each other but that doesn't last long
>>
>control 17 of the following provinces
Why do long campaign goals suck so much dick?
How bad will it be in 3?
>>
>>748197
Just do the short campaign you retard
>>
>>748234
>Why does the long campaign suck
>Just do the short campaign
>Why do these lemons taste moldy
>Just use the limes
>>
>>748246
>Why are these grapefruits bitter
>Eat something else if you don't like them
>Ummmm no? Nobody could ever like grapefruits I demand they remove them from the next banquet
GayyyyYyYyyYyYyyyyyYyyyy
RetaaaaaAAAaaaAaaAaaAaaard
>>
>>748246
>>748257
Imagine being at computers so fat you look and see food
>>
>>748260
Can't read your post bro my huge fucking gut is inthe way
>>
File: file.png (815 KB, 471x731)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
>>748264
Based Ogre
>>
File: Lady Yabo Chao.png (2.3 MB, 915x1600)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
>>745063
>Shang Dynasty
Doubt
>>
>>745101
>Owners of game 1 will receive access to Snagla and unique Forest Goblin units. Owners of game 2 will receive access to Moltskin (leader of Skaven Clan Volkn) with unique fire based variations of Skaven units. Both will only be playable in Greater Game (name of Immortal Empires)
>Naval combat coming eventually, not for at least a year.
Pls
>>
>>748197
>>748234
>>748246
>>748257
Instead of complaining about it, let me chime in to recommend the victory condition overhaul mod. Also, a lot of the dlc factions don't rely on simply taking cities for their wincon although its not exactly a solution to rely on paid content but it does at least indicate that CA is aware things aren't ideal as is.
>>
File: 1622914736593.png (377 KB, 624x660)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
What is the /vst/-approved unit size to play on lads?
>>
>>748697
Small like my penis
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (65 KB, 1068x601)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>748697
>install TW game
>launch
>go to settings
>ultra
>play the game
>>
>>745101
>-CA will not be doing any more lord packs for any Elf factions or Lizardmen
I sincerely doubt that. Lizards yeah but high elves will be getting new lords in WH3 for sure.
>>
File: daji.png (972 KB, 1114x380)
972 KB
972 KB PNG
>>748553
Daji LL confirmed
>>
>>748870
Small is an insanely different game. I have mad respect for people that play it
>>
>>748979
Who else would you give to the Helves? I kinda feel like Korhil and Caduyran would be heroes.
>>
File: 1607028906368.jpg (60 KB, 1024x913)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>749082
You misunderstood me anon
I said "small like my penis" which means ultra unit size
actually it's medium at best but that's not as funny
>>
>>748697
Ultra is for morons who just wants to see large numbers.
Normal is how the game is meant to be played
Small is for nutters who want to play all wizard games.
>>
>>749084
Aislinn who sailed over to Cathay for some reason.
>>
>>749150
>Normal is how the game is meant to be played.
You meant medium right? It's kinda weird that it's the default size even though devs "balance" the game on large. I've always played on large despite never touching multiplayer.

>Ultra is for morons who just wants to see large numbers.
I mean tbf historical games regularly get 4k-5k unit battles, with WH on large you get 3k on a good day with skavens vs goblins. There's nothing wrong with liking to see a fuck huge number of chaffs murdering each other on the battlefield. WH maps are way smaller than historical maps though I'll give you that.
>>
Am I just a dumdum or is there nowhere on the internet with a more recent version of the game than (1.9.2) Warden and the Paunch.

I am planning to buy it next time it goes on sale, but looking at steamdb that could be months away still.
>>
File deleted.
Well this isn't something I've seen before.
A rogue army set up shop in north africa before I got here, figured it was just a fluke, but now they're kicking khemri around. Surprised he hasn't called me into war against them since he's already lost two provinces to them.
>>
File: Rogue Army.jpg (926 KB, 1920x1080)
926 KB
926 KB JPG
>>750844
Cropping good
>>
>>750845
Vashnaar's conquest is the 'endgame' Rogue army. It recruits units from Chaos and Dark Elves, and spams black dragons and chosen
>>
>>750969
> chosen and black drags
Yeah I found that out when he finally attacked my lizard ally on this continent, Tic-Tac-Toe. We gained some ground but it took a while, eventually I just peaced out so I could focus on getting my nice clean doomstack ready for the final battle at the pyramid.

At the very least, Khalida has pretty good answers to that. Usthabi bows to shoot down the dragons and the ranged snakes to kite out the chosen, but each fight was a real butt clencher of micro. Trying to fight this with something more static like dwarfs would probably be hell.

Are aerial attackers a good counter to artillery? It seems it would be, logically, but artillery seems so hyper accurate that I really don't know.
>>
>>697102
Is there a mod that turns heroes into multi-entity units (like generals in med2 for example)?
>>
>>750845
>>750844
Are those the Dark Elf+Chaos guys by any chance?
>>
>>750845
cool, that's the first time I see a rogue army getting that much territory
usually they just don't expand even if they're at war with their neighbors
>>
>>751082
is there a mod that makes med2 faggots leave the thread?
>>
>>751023
Fast moving flyers are generally the bane of artillery I find.
>>
>>751023
Generally yes. If you are worried about artillery being too accurate, remember that you can just come from the side and most artillery units have relatively narrow firing arcs with slow turning speeds (at least slower than the flying speed of most units). The only exceptions here would be dragons, simply because they are too slow and present a big target. Most other flying units are pretty good at killing artillery and are hard enough to hit that you won't have too much trouble.

Harpies, pegasus riders, gryphon riders, vargheists, terradon riders, and the like are all good choices for killing artillery quickly at the start of combat. Many mage lords/heroes also have a flying mount option that allows them to swoop in, spell fuck an artillery unit, and then land to cleanup.
>>
>>746295
>As soon as I do that an army comes out of fog of war and sacks my capital while I'm gone, have to play out the guaranteed loss rather than auto-completing because I need to at least weaken the army sacking my capital rather than giving them a free win
Lol just ambush next to your capital if you suspect this might happen, free experience.
>>
>>751023
Aerial is essential for artillery unless you can reliably countersnipe it.

>Dragons: The breath attack angled right can destroy the machines (particularly hellcannons or single entity artillery) or just damage them enough that you can dive in and waste em.

If you don't want to sacrifice the unit in case they dogpile the aerial unit landing, just juke the artillery and bait it with the flier while you position your army or until they make the rest of their army march away far enough for you to hit and run.
>>
>>750687
Yes, 1.9.2 is latest cracked DLC unless you use linux, then you can get cracked latest version.
>>
Best way to deal with a fight you can't win is to avoid it. Go to war with the greenskins and get them to like you! Bide time until you get graveguard with greatswords. I think crypt horrors would do okay as well.

Can't beat Dwarfs without armor piercing. Don't forget they have magic resistance so don't use offensive spells.

Remember they are very slow, so it's not hard to flank them. Treat their ranged units like melee infantry. Don't count on then routing.
>>
Who do you guys think has the easiest campaign. I tried Lokhir yesterday and it was so damn easy.
>>
>>755943
Taurox. He ramps up so fast even compared to the AI you can fulfill all his victory conditions by about turn 30.
>>
>>717246
Yes that is the point.
It's the "I'm learning how to play this race." faction, no need to pile on more unique faction mechanics for people just looking to learn the roster and experiment with the faction's core playstyle.

I think they could probably stand to give better buffs to the roster's "core" units but what those even are is often debatable.
>>
>>756690
Kroq-Gar is more basic than Mazamundi
>>
File: 1629980803393.png (988 KB, 1369x955)
988 KB
988 KB PNG
>want to play kislev, border princes, araby and amazons
>only kislev in game 3
>>
>>757291
I mean, you can get mods to play the others I guess. They would just be Derby Empire rip offs
>>
Pretty new to the game. Trying greenskins. Started a Waaagh but I'm not getting any units. Apparently I'm supposed to start getting waaagh units equal to the number of units I had when I called the waaagh? Anyone know what's going on?
>>
File: WAAAGH.jpg (880 KB, 2422x1159)
880 KB
880 KB JPG
>>757533
You get WAAAGH units, in a separate army tab, equal to the amount of units in your army when you called the WAAAGH.
They're not recruitable, they're just a sub-army attached to each of your armies.
Loaded up an older Greenskin save to take some (hopefully helpful) screenshots to explain what I mean.
>>
File: manletrage.jpg (104 KB, 376x577)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
I know it's really stupid but this made me laugh hard. Literally going to war because some horse boys didn't simp your women.
>>
>>758476
made me chuckle
>>
>>758476
I've never seen that one, is it from a mod?
>>
>>759403
Have you played dorfs since the grudge rework? I do run a bunch of mods but none of them have anything do to with the grudge mechanic. This reliably triggers within a few turns when you declare war on brets, so test it in base game i guess?
>>
>>757533
Over a few turns you will get extra units attached to your existing armies like >>757734 shows, after usually like 3 turns you'll have the full amount (its always just equal to whatever you had in the army when you called the waagh, so an army of 20 units gets a waagh of 20 units, 10 and 10 and so on). They're visible on that second tab on your army screen and will reinforce under the control of an AI in battle. Since they aren't a separate force, you can't do much more than turbocharge your existing armies with them but to be fair that's often enough. Different faction leaders for the orcs get different units in their waaghs, and if you confed a different LL they will usually get their specific units on their army too, so for example skarsnik gets more goblins and grimgor gets more black orcs. If waagh units die, they come back over time so feel free to let them do the bulk of the fighting.

For winning a waagh, take the province you declared it on. The waagh always goes the full timer, and if you control the province at the end of it you get the bonus.

>>757291
Give the roster expanded kislev reborn a try. Its good, with a fully unique roster, two LLs, and unique faction mechanics. You'll need an unlocker like mixu's to play the faction as well. For araby and amazons, you could give OvN a try. I haven't tried the amazons since they became their own faction but araby is pretty good. Both of them have unique rosters, 3 LLs for araby, and they're pretty fun.
>>
File: 1602083602356.jpg (99 KB, 973x768)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Im new to total war and GS games in general. Bought tw wh2 a while back and only getting into it now. Started a campaign with skaven. Am i overthinking things? is the actual combat really simple, just line up my troops in a reasonable spot, select which troops my troops will attack individually, and use skills when possible? i was really overwhelmed that strategy and actual formations was going to be a thing but seems like i can just unga bunga for the most part. any useful tips?
>>
>>760407
The tactics are pretty simple in Warhammer, tie up their melee with your melee, use your ranged to delete enemy units, cast spells and buffs when you can.
>>
File: 18345_2_full.jpg (204 KB, 433x650)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
i just started playing warhammer 40k mechanicus and i have never played anything warhammer or 40k (is that the sequel or something?) before. i have only the most basic idea of whats going on with the game and have no idea what anyone is saying or what anything means. is this game only meant for veterans of warhammer or will i eventually start understanding what these characters are talking about? sorry for the off topic post but i didnt feel this question deserved its own thread.
>>
>>745082
>when Thanquol gets added
ok now you're just shitposting
>>
>>760407
Skaven are one of the easiest races because their ranged units tend to be OP as fuck. They also rely a lot less on formations and such than any other race because their frontline units tend to be weak, so you have to just use the spawn clanrats to attack from flanks or the back to win no matter what and you want a lot of messy 1v1 fights wherever possible because your whole goal is to bog down the enemy melee while ranged units do work. Scorch is a pretty strong spell right out the gate too, making their casters pretty straightforward too. Sounds like you're doing fine.
>>
>>760786
>>760413
Thanks guys
>>
Let's talk about walls! Do you build walls on your minor settlements? Does it depend on race? I like that Brettonians have walls as standard.
>>
delay to early next year confirmed
>>
>>763617
Honestly, not the worst thing to happen all year. The only disappointment is that I won't be able to get it for Christmas I guess.
>>
>>760475
Warhammer 40k and Warhammer fantasy are two different things. Just read the wiki for 40k lore
>>
>>763590
Nah
>>
>>764077
Nah you don't wanna talk about walls, or nah you don't build them?
I don't have time to git gud bro, just tell me if I should build walls or not.
>>
>>763590
They are essential for areas you can't reliably defend or which you don't have an army in position at. Or even if you do have an army there if there's a good chokepoint you can use the walled settlement to force multiply.

In my Delf campaign I used them in the north (for chaos invasions) and in the nova scotia part of naggaroth (helves liked to invade it). In my vcount campaign I hardly used walls because I didn't really need them.

>>757291
There was really no chance of anything but Kislev (and now Cathay) for WH3. Given the map there'd be no reason to have araby and the rest. It was a real bummer and annoying we didn't get them in Wh2 when they would have been perfect.

I still hope for dogs of war given they had an official army book and all but I am skeptical.
>>
Any relevant non elf economic heroes?
>>
>>763617
I only just got a computer that can handle W2 so I guess this gives me a little .ore time with it. I cannot believe the satisfaction I get from putting the settings on ultra and being able to see the details in the little illuminated manuscripts the questing knights have.
>>
Are there any hyproian age mods for the game?
>>
File: 20200829164334_1.jpg (1.19 MB, 2560x1440)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
Agreed. I don't mind that it got delayed to "early 2022". The feature rich, stable and optimized it is at launch the better.
>>
File: battle wagons.png (456 KB, 1024x768)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>>735802
its pretty good
simple, great battles
map could look better tho
>>
>>705369
just grab shogun 1 or medieval 1
almost insta turns
>>
>>716194
is there a mod somewhere that cut down elite/big monsters/hero units and make factions spam regular one?
>>
File: Ulthuan PACT.jpg (662 KB, 1920x1080)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
>>744076
ALLY EVERYONE
>>
>>746295
>As I play more of these campaigns only to fuck up royally, resent every "manual battle", and give up early, I think the real secret is that I'm not enjoying myself because I don't actually like Total War and I just want to play a Warhammer 4X.
play dark omen then
>>
>>764314
i remember there was mod for medieval 1
but all links dead when I was looking for it and I am not sure if I have it anywhere on hdd
>>
So, what is gonna be the trailer?
China vs Covid, China vs Schizos, or China vs Homos?
>>
>>764544
Kairos Fateweaver was in the trailer, not that anyone is particularly surprised by him being the Tzeentch lord I imagine.
>>
>>764263
the ol necromancer drakenhof bitcoin mine?
>>
>>760407
symmetric squares+defensive stance favor defensive and ranged combat
defensive because it minimizes incoming damage from enemy formations (obviously big fucking monsters which dont have a formation dont seem to care)
and because it makes ranged units more responsive when repositioning and turning
and on defensive stance ranged units not tied up in melee shoot over any units currently tied up in melee
>>
>>744076
>>743041

this actually makes sense to me why you had a bad experience, i think the tyrion campaign is a bit unintuitive because you start surrounded by elves and the game kind of expects you to go and kill a lot of them, which is not intuitive for most people who think for obvious reasons elves should be friends with each other and should be killing orcs or whatever instead. Also, confederation and stuff can be a bit wonky so its just an odd scenario for a new player campaign.

I actually recommend you pick up WH1 (sorry) and play through with Karl Franz of the Empire or Thorgrim Grudgebearer of the Dwarfs. Those campaigns are harder than the Tyrion one but feel better from a 'feel' perspective.

In terms of the battles, the #1 things for new players to understand is the following:
1. Ranged units are almost always better at killing the enemy than melee. Unless you know for sure otherwise, melee units should exist only to defend archers and artillery units. A low-tech 20 unit army is like 2-4 siege weapons, ~10 ranged, a lord, a hero or two, and then the remainder in various melee units. Go for defensiveness first, so shields and armor.
2. Your lords and heroes are fucking tanky as shit and should be used aggressively, often as bait to pull your enemy in range of your archers who then annihilate them.
3. Magic, if available, is supermega strong and should be exploited as it can wipe huge swathes of the enemy army.

Finally in terms of campaign map stuff, you just have to learn and will get there. The game is kind of about building the fewest number of armies that are the strongest because upkeep is so high.
>>
>>764916
modern startpos for tyrion is like 2 DE and even a greenskin faction tho
>>
Man those lantern balloons really are aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>764923

yeah but you kill the darkelves basically in the first 5 turns and then its just you and a bunch of high elves chillin on the donut
>>
Have they commented on if 3 will have the same terrible upkeep multiplier for armies or if they've figured out a less homosexual method of artificially limiting the player?
>>
>>765262
I don't think they have commented on it, but if there will be any change expect something similar to the administration system they just tried out in the Troy update.
>>
>>764439
Yes, you have some mods that put cap on units so neither you or AI can field doomstacks, but rather regular armies.
>>
>>764439
I quite like the Table Top Caps mod.
>>
>>765629
>>765640
no I mean completely remove them and tone down heroes(replace them with bodyguard units would be the best)
>>
>>765647
So a mod that completely changes the game? I dunno man, and you sound like a faggot.
>>
>>765703
well yeah its called overhaul mod
also no, I am not like your fathers
>>
>>765705
great comeback man.
>>
File: based kyle.png (296 KB, 752x648)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>765756
yeah I know
>>
>>745063
>>745082
>>745101
So this was proved false now. Anyone else kind of disappointed?
>>
>>763590
Standard build for small settlements should typically be 1. money 2. unique buildings/walls/resource buildings 3. walls/faction specific things/public order/whatever. I prioritize walls pretty low, but they're often the only thing worth building in the third slot once you finish up anything that makes gold. There are a few factions like dwarves and helves that have multiple gold producing buildings where you end up commonly skipping walls on minors.
>>
>>764916
>>764923
>>764951
Tyrion got a lot more complicated with the release of the vampirates. Constantly fending off raids from the dreadfleet while also working through the donut is tricky for a new player because its hard to predict where the pirates will land and balance that kind of defense with offense. Plus having other major helf factions nearer now with alariel and eltharion means confeding is harder.
>>
Bros why are the WE and Brets the best campaigns? I'm not even excited for tww3, still enjoying great Stag Knights and hippo stacks too much
>>
>>766994
Hippo stacks are a lot of fun.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.