[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 49 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: reahjsdas.jpg (36 KB, 460x215)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
FUCKING APOLOGIZE
>>
>the virgin rome 2 secession
>the chad rome 1 endgame knockdown dragout
>>
>>693855
Why? What happened
>>
>>693859
Remastered is saved
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-rome-remastered-patch-202-notes/

NEW FUNCTIONALITY
Combined Mode

Merged unique game features from Barbarian Invasion and Alexander into the main game for easier, and more powerful mods. You can now use all the following features in the same mod:

Swimming
Shield Wall
Schiltrom
Religion
Hording
Custom unit cards and models for named characters
Immortality
ai_do_not_attack_faction
Named legions
Restrict mercenaries per faction
Show_date_as_turns_remaining
Loyalty
Increased Limits

A number of files have had their limits raised from their original limitations to become virtually unlimited*. The highest profile increases are to the following files:

Units (prev max 500)
Map Regions (prev max 500)
Resources (prev max 21)
*allows for a theoretical maximum of 4,294,967,296 entries. For a complete list of files refer to the modding documentation.
>>
Scripting

ROME REMASTERED now supports the ability to have a background script assigned to a mod that doesn’t require any user intervention to enable. The scripting system has also been extended to allow for more flexibility.

Over 200 new events, commands and controls added to the scripting dictionary. Highlights include:
Support for persistent variables that are stored inside the player’s save game
Adding/removing hidden resources
Maintain event context from an event monitor within that scope
Destroying any buildings including Governors’ buildings & walls
Restrict events to AI or player using ‘is_player’ condition
Check is a building exists in your home settlement using ‘HomeSettlementBuildingExists’
SettlementCapabilityLevel – query the capability levels of a settlement
Support reveal_tile in ROME REMASTERED/Barbarian Invasion
Trigger a command for_each item of a particular type
Dedicated verbose log file for debugging scripts, outputs triggers, warnings and error messages
Documentation for all the various commands/conditions/events available to scripts can be found in VFS/Local/Rome/documentation.
When the world script finishes keep it intact (unless explicitly terminated by the user) and continue to update monitors
Format expanded to allow braces and add logging, to make it clearer what’s happening inside scripts
>>
New & Updated Files

The following features are now exposed to modders:

Reputation and Relationship bonuses are now moddable
Building Features:
Added a new building bonus that allows adding increasing a settlement’s construction and recruitment points
Modders can use is_player to define building availability to human or AI factions
Modders can define icons used for building browser subtypes
Unit Features:
“inexhaustible” disables stamina for a given unit
“infinite_ammo” disables ammunition counters for a given unit
Moddable graphics settings:
Graphics settings are now moddable by adding a graphics_options.json file to the root of the modding folder
Allow mods to force settings for Classic/Remastered toggles
Combined FEDU and EDU files for simpler modding of units
Different campaigns defined in descr_campaigns.txt can now refer to a different data/terrain/campaign folder, to provide the campaign map with a seperate visible tile system
Resources are now virtually unlimited and moddable; resources now support custom icons, models & resource types, and can be combined with script triggers and traits
Certain aspects of AI personalities are now moddable
>>
There still arent any mods
>>
>>693882
they will come, now with Feral staying by their word, and further improvements to modding and AI.
>>
Give me Lotr mod
>>
the updates to the game in general are good never mind modding, we honestly don't deserve feral. if they do M2 and Empire i'll be set for life.
>>
>>693910
im legit excited for a possible M2 release. they would have the experience of R1, and since they are the same engine, they would be able to do a lot better the second time around.
>>
I know this will never happen, but I really hope for a drm-free version of this remaster dropping on gog or something.
>>
>>693910
>remastered Empire
Don’t give such false hope Anon…
>>
>>693910
Honestly I'd be happy if they fixed all the stuff that doesn't work in M2, can't stand playing it anymore.
>>
>>693882
Why? Isn't the game as easily moddable as the old one?
>>
File: tricked.jpg (71 KB, 640x333)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>693855
I apologise. I doubted you. All you've done however, is wipe the slate clean after what you did to me with Rome 2 back in 2013.
>>
>>694080
yes but, all the modders have moved onto med 2. you would still have to do some work to port it over and nobody is going to port over old mods unless they are making new ones. its still only been some months since release, mods take time.
>>
>>693855
Hey, cool. But I still want M2TW remastered
>>
Have they fixed the horrible UI yet?
>>
Are the faction and unit numbers still locked?
>>
The problem is that the major modders for RTW have either moved on or retired. I wish we would see a Fourth Age or EB remastered port, but I don’t think anyone is interested in doing it.
>>
>>694146
idk about faction but read here>>693875
>>
>>693855
The UI is still bad, but other than that it was always a good remaster, didn't deserve the flak it got imo.
>>
File: 685765.png (304 KB, 608x440)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>693875
It's perfect now...
>>
>>693856
yeah ... i spent longer than 150 turns starting the civil war and that means butchering up to 50 stacks of romans (that's like 150,000 men wew)
>>
>>693855
I loved Rome Remastered from the day it was released. Made me realize just how stripped a dumbed down modern TW is.
>>
>>693855
dont care, still playing the original rome
>>
>>694098
>nobody is going to port over old mods
If all you have to do is copy and paste model folders and text entries it would be a quick way to have mods fast until the really new stuff comes around, but I'm no expert. just did a little modding in M2, learning to mod in attila and don't even own the remaster to take a look.
>>
>>694236
>If all you have to do is copy and paste model folders and text entrie
yes but nobody wants to do that.
>>
I'm a W7 chad
>>
Already liked the remaster on its own, but Feral has gone above and beyond to lost to the community and add things. I wish CA wasn't CA so they would give these chads Medieval 2.
>>
File: Varying Degrees of Vis.jpg (541 KB, 1200x1319)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>693875
>>693877
>>693878
I'm rocking fucking solid reading this. This is exactly what's needed to revitalize the modding scene, let alone making the game more interesting to play.
>>
>>694271
>I wish CA wasn't CA so they would give these chads Medieval 2.
who knows, might be a possibility. despite poor sales, it might still be easy profit for CA to have med 2 remastered by feral again.
>>
remind me again what the point of a med 2 remaster would be, if the rome remaster surpasses it in every way in modding now? just a different setting? i mean without its modding capabilities, what advantage does med 2 have for being remastered? what new features are badly needed in rome 1 remaster that you need to remaster med 2?
>>
Is Volound already bitching about this?
>>
>>694383
desu Med 2 could really do with the updated controls and general QoL like click-dragging formations and whatnot, also this latest update for Rome Remastered just effectively lifted a lot of limits for the campaign map modding so modders can get as autistic as they want with historically-accurate map layouts. There is an issue with the way the game is coded where crumbling walls can tank FPS on the modern hardware for some people (myself included). Also, a fix for the 2-handed weapons bug would be great.
>>
>>694493
Oh, and this would be the perfect opportunity to finally give each faction their own proper voice lines instead of having to recycle them. Right now in Med 2 we have Scandinavians with Russian accents, Irish with the Scottish voice and Welsh who sound like pompous Englishmen, it's just silly and a disappointing limitation of Med 2.
>>
>>694392
His subreddit seems to be pretending like it didn't happen, suspiciously quiet on the matter. They're probably waiting for Volound's spin on it to start voicing opinions.
>>
>>694493
I understand med 2 still has issues but what im trying to understand is, why not simply create a medieval mod on the remaster? Like mechanically speaking, med 2 is not all too different from rome 1.
>pope
>castles
>forts?
>different recruitment
with the remaster, now pretty much on par and possibly will even be better than med 2, a remaster of med 2 seems pointless as a mod set in medieval times will be sufficient enough.
>>694495
lol his stream on launch was so retarded. nitpicking every detail and complained that it was the fault of the remaster, when apart from the UI, all pathfinding and faulty AI was as the same in rome OG.
>>
>>694383
Unless you want to port all M2 stuff to R1 remastered, M2 would stick out as one of the most unpolished games left, if all its shit was fixed it would still be a nice enough game, as it is it's a pain to play it.
>>
File: 1620131069760.gif (772 KB, 480x360)
772 KB
772 KB GIF
>>693877
>Support for persistent variables that are stored inside the player’s save game
cant believe that wasn't a thing before, I pity the modders of the past
>>
Can you port M2 stuff into R1 remaster?
>>
>>694509
>I understand med 2 still has issues but what im trying to understand is, why not simply create a medieval mod on the remaster?
Might technically be possible, but I'm really not convinced that any modders would even bother with such a project right now considering many people are assuming they're just going to make a Med 2 remastered and this would render their hard work invalid. Maybe if a lot of time goes by and it becomes obvious such a remaster isn't going to happen we'll see something like it.
>>
i really hope feral remasters medieval 2 as well
>>
ok, but can I play it on windows 7 now?
>>
>>694680
No, and you never will, and future PC games will continue phasing out Windows 7 support and eventually Windows 10 support after 11 is adopted by enough people.
>>
>>694681
gay, I hope feral goes out of business because of this
>>
wow, another shill making a thread on a shit cashgrab remaster
>>
>>694746
If talking about moddability is shilling then M2 is full of shills as well.
>>
>>694746
wow, another bitch whose pot ran out. dont worry 1st of the month AND another government stimulus are on the way! you can re-up soon
>>
>>694746
DOOMERS SEETHING
>>
>>694791
>>694793
No need for that buddy, the Fitgirl repack is free after all
>>
>>694825
Then it makes even less sense to complain about shilling you retard
>>
>>694682
>>694680
retarded faggot
>using windows 7
>not using linux
>>
>>694837
>not having one partition for Winblows 10 and one for Linux
Poorfags gtfo.
>>
So they actually made it competent now and I'M the one suppose to apologize to them?!

I swear gamers are virtual drug addicts.
>>
>>694937
no, they did what they were always going to do but retarded doomers like you were in doubt
>>
>still shitty non optional new ui
>faction limit still not raised
Meh
>>
>>694957

Why didn't they do it BEFORE they released it?
>>
>>694984
idk karen maybe call the manager and ask
>>
>>694984
they did it now. you will always find some way to get all twisted up over a great remaster like your master volund. now all thats left is the faction limit and that WILL be raised like promised.
>>
File: EUQOxs_XsAArWV8.jpg (71 KB, 574x559)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>694993
>>695010

And I thought /totalshitholereddit was simping.

So now we just accept broken games coming out with the HOPE that they will get fixed?

>the absolute state of the total war community.
>>
File: 1427389888213.gif (1.75 MB, 614x743)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB GIF
Is there any mod for the old or remastered R:TW that increases the amount of buildings and units that you can build at a time in any city, sort of like Med 2 does with castle upgrades? Because that strikes me as a way to make the game a lot faster and more in line with reality.
>>
>>695066
>So now we just accept broken games coming out with the HOPE that they will get fixed?
remastered was never a broken game on release. it was rome 1, with a new ui and better performance as promised on release by feral with minimal changes to AI. they never said they would have the new modding caps or a reworked AI on release. retarded doomers like you then said that they will never raise the caps or fix the AI but as seen here
>>693875
>>693877
>>693878
not only have they raised the caps, they made them practically unlimited which was far beyond any initial expectations. i imagine when they reveal the new faction cap, it will exceed expectation as well. they have also done changes to battle AI and will keep improving it, along with modding capabilities.

all you have left is volund and coping that its a bad remaster.
>>
>>693878
>Added a new building bonus that allows adding increasing a settlement’s construction and recruitment points
Oh, this is what I was looking for. Ho!
>>
It's still shit.The map looks like a mobile game,and they should have left the ui alone.
>>
>>693875
Too bad CA didn't do this 12 years ago or so.
>>
>>695086

I never said they wouldn't do those things because I never said they would not. Don't assume to get an empty own. I am not Volund or a Volund fan.

I just watched the RTW Remaster footage and it was NOT appealing. Plus that UI is absolute crap!

Am I glad they are fixing things and going 'above and beyond expectations'? Of course. Only a stubborn fool would be unchanging in his opinion.

But those 'expectations' feel above and beyond because CA (and yes Feral worked on it, but CA still oversees it) has gotten the fanbase so used to releasing stripped products that they then retroactively reinsert 'new' or 'needed' features that should have been there in the first place.

And I am suppose to clap and take it, otherwise CA might take away my fix?!

Again:

>the absolute shitty state of the total war fanbase.

Fuck you! I'm not apologizing.
>>
>>694236
For small-scale mods it might work, but any total conversion would most likely require a ton of script rewriting to work the way it did.
>>
>>694509
>all pathfinding and faulty AI was as the same in rome OG
I've played plenty of original rtw within the past couple years and I know that's not true. Remaster has some weird battle map behavior of its own.
>>
>>695143
The expectations feel above and beyond CA because CA releases buggy, unfinished games and never fixes them. CA also seems to have a dim view of modding support. The fact that Feral actually released a substantial patch doing what they promised to do and that patch has real modding support is utterly un-CA.
>>
>>694984
Because CA almost certainly forced them to rush it out before the warhammer 3 marketing period
>>
well i guess they cared enough to patch the rerelease of the game that essentially put them on the map.
>>
Would EB2chads devs ditch M2 in favour of Rome:R?
>>
Did they ever fix the horrific UI though?
>>
>>695289
def not, they are too far deep in med 2. the whole reason the devs didnt want to go back is that med 2 had scripting. but now that the remastered has it...there should be no excuse.
>>
>>695296
Fug, how difficult would be to port Med 2 EB2 to Rome: R? Don't they run on practically the same engines?
>>
>>695356
wouldnt it be far easier to start with EB1, fix any ahistorical units and then add whatever scripting shit they did in EB2 to EB1?
>>
>>695295
They're unlikely to completely revamp or revert the entire UI, but they have been listening to criticisms and tweaking things to make it better to use, there's a whole section in the recent beta patch notes detailing what they've improved so far
>>
>>695356
Why do you even want EB2 to begin with? It's shit compared to EB1, there's effectively a completely different team handling it and they've lost the plot.
>>
>>695066
>You will eat the bugs
>You will live in a pod
>You will buy the buggy remaster
>>
>>695500
It's really not buggy and that's not even what people were complaining about, people were upset that they didn't improve the pathfinding, that the game didn't support Windows 7, and that the UI was revamped to something they didn't like.
>>
>>695143
>leddit spacing
>>
>>695381
>lost the plot
yes.... YES!!!
>>
>>694236
Its too much work.
The factions are also hardcoded in some way so replacing them is pain in ass and dont work properly.
>>
>>695167
I played a lot Rtw recently and ai behavior and pathfinding especially in cities and with skirmish mode is shit
But i hear that rtwr have its own problems with skirmiah mode
>>
>>695295
Its somewhat hardcoded ao probably not
>>
>>696088
but they are open to fixing the UI, have you not looked at the recent patch notes?
>>
>didnt even bother to add factions wich were cut content
>>
Well, for what it's worth, with this newest beta patch, the AI/pathfinding in Remastered is now better than it was in the original, especially noticeable in siege battles where it does a much better job navigating city streets. Maybe not 100% perfect but clearly superior.
>>
>>696218
nice just imagine the patches that will improve the AI even further. would literally be no reason to ever play the new titles at all.
>>
>>696294
Wouldn't even put it past CA to pull support for the Remaster if this became obvious. CA has Feral by the balls in terms of deadlines, funding and patch priorities. From the start, they didn't seem to want this Remaster to take away from the Warhammer 3 hype. Just look at the fucking massive difference in marketing that Rome Remastered received compared to Warhammer 3.
>>
>>696298
i mean, we know that at minimum there is still one more patch left, the patch that increases the faction cap to 31. by then, they will have fixed any complaints people had
>fixed old AI issues
>raised modding caps
>>
I kneel
>>
>you can now click and drag and rearrange units in armies on the campaign screen
I've wanted this feature for so long
>>
>>695170
feral has my respect for this, but i want to wait and see what else they're willing to throw our way, i'm cautiously optimisitc.
>>
>>696389
nice, people were asking for that. nice to see feral take some complaints about their UI into consideration.
>>
>>696452
That wasn't a problem unique to their UI, the original Rome didn't let you do it either. In fact, none of the Total War games that I've played had this as a feature, though I admit I haven't played the newer ones so maybe Troy or Three Kingdoms or whatever has it.
>>
>>695143
>retard spacing
You are a dipshit, don't play Rome, go back to whatever shit game you think is fun
>>
>>695067
wasn´t possible in orignal rome its now possible in remaster
>>
>Modding allow for potentially infinite region and faction number
the most based things they could have done
>>
>>700135
Imagine the mods....
>>
>>700135
>and faction number
not faction number. they have said that this one was specifically retardly hardcoded, so it will only be 31. unless theyre lying to keep a surprise or i havent heard recent updates, the faction limit will still only go to 31.

still the the unit caps and building cap and region cap is still great. most mods in med 2 were not limited by faction slots but by unit slots, so this change is awesome.
>>
>>693855
so does the remaster still have the one turn tribute exploit or did they fix that?
>>
>>700249
They fixed that before launch if it’s the thing I’m thinking of
>>
>>693855
>killed mp community

no
>>
>>703898
>he care about the MP of total war
>>
>>703898
>MP total war
okay all ten of you wow what a big whoop. ill take better rome 1 over the MP community any day of the week.
>>
AHHHHHHHHHHH WHERE THE FUCK IS THE UPDATE ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS FUCKING BONGS
>>
File: you.png (480 KB, 624x588)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
>>693855
Apologize for what? The reason they patched the game in the first place was because of the backlash. If you bootlickers had your way where people only shill instead of criticize then this patch would've never happened.
>>
>>710411
sometime in the middle of august. we know this because the mod team for RTR will release their update only when the main branch is updated, and RTR is releasing this august.
>>
>>694495
It's a subreddit with less than a thousand people and they still live rent-free in you head.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.