[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I mean down to the cost of the farms and the food amount of herdables and shit.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (17 KB, 210x240)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
It's not Age of Empires anon.

It's Age of Galactic Empires
>>
It has some unique stuff to it like air units, bounty hunters and the focus on ranged combat but yeah it's basically an aoe2 reskin. The campaigns are fun though.
>>
>>687627
Would have been more kino if they reskinned Cossacks
>>
>>687630
i dont think cossaks gameplay translates well to sw, except maybe the CIS and empire where they have the numbers to do those big ass formations, i imagine a rebel squad of like 60 footsoldiers and honestly it would look stupid.
>>
>>687537
It's funny how they implemented air units but because the genie engine has no way to make units attack while moving they just screech to a halt every time they shoot in a very un-Star Wars-like way
>>
File: swgb.jpg (717 KB, 1300x1840)
717 KB
717 KB JPG
They made another expansion pack???
>>
>>687537
this game is great even if it is a AGE clone. Re-purchased it on steam a year ago.
>>687715
Lol, nice try. Though I do want a definitive edition of this game- never gonna happen under Dis-Nee though
>>
>>687636
It should be like EaW where rebel infantry is fewer in number than Imperial infantry.
Though the cheap, standard infantry should be Imperial Army troopers, and the elites and less numbers of Stormtroopers.
>>
>>687715
>the First Order and Resistance mod factions have more effort put into them than the actual First Order and Resistance from the movies
>>
File: resistance.jpg (1.97 MB, 2304x1296)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>687715
That's a mock-up for the mod. Amazed you don't know about it already, it comes up every single time there's a SWGB thread.

>>687747
The Resistance doesn't even have a fucking symbol of its own, they're an embarrassment of a faction that TLJ forgets about halfway through. And yet they're honestly my favorite civ in SWGB now.
>>
>>687630
i wanted to like this game, but the units move so awkard and they look like shit in the game
>>
>>687636
>i dont think cossaks gameplay translates well to sw
neither does AoE2 desu
>>
>>687537
>herdables
You can actually put them in a special building to get a constant trickle of food rather than kill them. Make sure you build it close to a power core - I finished several campaigns, convinced that the trickle really was supposed to be so small.
>>
>>687715
>clone wars kids show
>rebels kids show
As a sw purist, how much will i hate these?
>>
>>687840
Well I can say that the episodes from Clone Wars that focus on the clones themselves rather than just another jedi getting into whacky shenanigans are pretty damn good if not the best of the bunch. Especially when you get to Not-Vietnam.
>>
>>687849
Yeah sounds like ill hate it. ty
>>
>>687853
No problem Anon.
>>
>tfw we will never get a SW game that combines the best aspects of this, Rebellion, and Empire at War
>>
>>687627
It's always a shock going back to actual aoe2 and finding out you can't garrison sheep for passive food income
>>
The "militia" line units are pretty weird in this. They're very fragile and always take heavy losses.
However, they deal decent of damage to all types of units and since they're ranged, they make it hard to use "rams" and cavalry. They're also trash units and very cheap too.
>>
>>688111
Nice trips, but you've gotta break out of the AoE2 mindset. Mounted troopers are not a counter to your standard laser trooper, they're geared toward mechs and siege units instead.

Some factions get really shitty mechs and siege though, so as far as land warfare goes, they need to rely on troops (Rebels, Wookiees, Resistance).
>>
>>687849
>...Especially when you get to Not-Vietnam
Mimban?
>>
>>688678
I think he's talking about Umbara.
>>
>>687537
i used to play this game nonstop as a kid but now i think its ugly
>>
>>689255
Yeah, fortunately I finished it just before getting AoE2:DE. When I tried playing it once more I was more bothered by not getting to change the default stance myself, though.
>>
File: scr046.jpg (1.51 MB, 1920x1080)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>tfw I have only ever played SWGB and have never touched AoE
lol
>>
>>689594
was this made by a blind person?
>>
>>689598
What, the random map? Are you retarded?
>>
>>689602
the sprites and textures. are you blind? and retarded?
>>
>>689603
I wouldn't know, I didn't make them, what kind of fucking question is that lol
>>
>>689598
>>689603
What's wrong? It looks pretty good considering it's based on something from the sequels
>>
>>689598
Looks like it's supposed to be the TLJ salt planet.
>>
Anyone found it weird that Sith/Jedi Masters just did the same thing as Knights but better? I feel like their force ability should've had some kind of debuff effect on units instead.
>>
>>689619
Masters are the only ones with stealth and building conversion.
>>
>>689611
Looks like a scene of carnage, the red looks like tons of blood spilled on snow and the dark looks like something burned down. Maybe Genghis and his men paid a visit thinking they were still in AoE2.
>>
File: Crait.jpg (2.63 MB, 4164x2178)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>689612
It's this.
>>
Empire > Rebels > First Order > Confederacy > Wookiees > Royal Naboo > Republic > Zann > Geonosians > Trade Federation > Gungans > Resistance
>>
>>687537
>What the fuck. It’s literally Age of Empires.
Since it was developed 2 years later by Ensemble Studio under lucasart's guidance using their own Genie engine, i would be surprised if it was wildly different
>>
>>687840
To the point of becoming a Sith Lord and declaring a genocidal war against life itself.
>>
https://youtu.be/IF1yGfnGiWU
>>
>>689611
the saturation and brightness are horrid, there is no visual clarity whatsoever. not to mention the vastly varied fidelity levels and styles between the various assets.
>>
>>689828
So it's accurate to the movie
>>
>>687849
man, some of the deaths in that show were brutal.
>>
>>687630
thought the thumbnail was an ewok
>>
>>687537
>Zoomer posting
No shit, sherlock. It was a quick low cost movie tie-in cash grab by Luca$Art$.
>>
>>687537
>Tfw any digitally downloaded versions have the same bug that music is always on max volume and the volume slider for the rest of the sounds doesn't do anything.
>Tfw the Expanding fronts mod people haven't figured out that they could probably just edit the music files to be quieter and even though you still couldn't change the volume at least it wouldn't overpower the rest of the sounds.
>>
>>687840
The only good thing to come from Star Wars since Episode 3 was Rogue One.
>>
There's this strange issue with vanilla SWGB/CC where the game stutters on modern systems when playing any audio files. Strangely enough it's solved by inserting the physical CD, and it doesn't work with a disc image. I hope Expanding Fronts fixed this, dunno how long my CD will last.
>>
>>687754
Fuck, those buildings look good, a shame that they are wasted on a sequel "faction", even a total OC faction would have been preferable.
Speaking of, Hanoon/Geddes faction when?
>>
File: aaf.png (243 KB, 680x709)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>687537
>>
>>687537
It's a really weird game because there's a lot of choices that are VERY obviously ripped 1:1 from AOE2.
Farm costs. There's a stable equivalent, a siege workshop equivalent, a monastary equivalent.

Then you start looking at the finer details and realize damn near every unit is an archer functionally. Jedi are monks that can attack. Power cores are a whole confusing and involved mechanic that makes base building way more difficult, etc.
>>
>>689787
It was not developed by Ensemble.
>>
>>692803
One striking difference for me is that troopers and mechs are often trash units. You'd think mechs of all things would cost nova.
>>
>>692593
I just hope the mod lasts long enough for the Vong to get in.
>>
>>692447
>Zoomer posting
It’s time for the Boomers to end.
>>
>>689594
>Admiral Sneed
>>
>>687537
I like it more than AoE.
>>
>>687537
played this at a mate's house once and for years thought it was just a fever dream I had
>>
>thread about game
>barely any discussion about game
Oh fuck that. Tell me your:
>favorite civ
>least favorite civ
>favorite unit
>favorite random map
>favorite strat
>most-wanted future civ
>>
>>687537
It's AoE2 if there's no multiplayer community because the game's unit selection is far less tactical.
>>
>>694015
>>favorite civ
Confederacy
>>least favorite civ
Zann
>>favorite unit
Repeater Trooper
>>favorite random map
Kashyyyk
>>favorite strat
Repeater spam
>>most-wanted future civ
Trandoshans or Yuuzhan Vong
>>
>>694024
>it's LESS tactical for there not to be clear rock-paper-scissors matchups
lol
>>
>>687616
>>
>>694015
>favorite civ
Naboo, I fell in love with the whole aestetic of Naboo. I also get Palps hating those pacifist hippies.
>least favorite civ
I don't have one, atleast not in the Base+expansion
>favorite unit
The trooper line, Trooper/Heavy trooper are the best looking ones for line infantery.
The Repeaters should have been an off-shoot of the troopers.
>favorite random map
I don't know, I just play random maps.
>favorite strat
I have never have had any real concious strats, but I do tend to make trooper-blobs supporting Artillery and AA. Maybe get some of Air cruisers up and going if I can.
>most-wanted future civ
I know the Trannydouchians are coming, so the Zyggerians, Pantorans,or Mangolorians maybe?
>>
>>694015
>favorite civ
Trade Federation
>least favorite civ
Naboo
>favorite unit
Heavy Mech Destroyer
>favorite random map
Kashyyyk
>favorite strat
Mech Spam
>most-wanted future civ
Trandoshans or Mandolorians
>>
>>694015
Republic
Gungans
Assault Mech
Hoth or Tatooine
Dropping assault mechs into the center of the enemy base with air transports
Old Republic and Sith Empire
>>
>>689712
Holy based.
>>
>>687537
Name a single Star Wars game that is not just a reskin of another popular game/franchise.
>>
>>694250
Bounty Hunter
>>
Holy shit I completely forgot about this game
>>
>>694250
Empire at War, Rebellion, Force Commander, Episode I: racer, Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Rogue Squadron I-III/Star fighter series, Shadows of the Empire, Snes trilogy, the Arcade game, X-Wing/Tie Fighter series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter.
>>
>>694250
>>694659
Was jedi knight 2 a reskin? I recall it being hugely popular at lan parties.
>>
>>694015
>favourite civ
Gungans
>least favourite civ
Wookies
>favourite unit
Strike Mech
>favourite random map
Team Islands
>favourite strat
Mechs and cannons
>most-wanted future civ
Infinite Empire
>>
>>694871
No, only Dark Forces was close to being a reskin/clone.
>>
>>695330
>Gunganfag hates Wookiees
Based, fuck those walking carpets

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.