[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Hilda_SRank.png (2.48 MB, 1920x1386)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
Old thread has reached the bump limit.

Why is it that they can't program the AI to do some crazy things. Like using the Warp/Rescue combo on your archer?
>>
Or, you know, just spam reinforcements every third turn like Fates did.
>>
Bump
>>
archers are unusable enough as it is
>>
>>669995
Well, they have a niche role as anti-air and for promoting turtling.

SoV kinda did it right by giving them a larger attack range, but those guys aren't heavy hitters.
>>
>>669470
The reason they don't do that is because it's less predictable. You can't make meaningful strategies if the AI can just warp a berserker next to your dancer. It turns the game into Awakening where you deploy a handful of gods who take no damage because everyone else is a liability.
>>
>>669470
that are some delicious armpits ngl
>>
File: Reese_&_Lanette.jpg (153 KB, 1024x768)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
A reminder to play Berwick Saga, the greatest Fire Emblem ever.
>>
>>672191
Where's the fun in predictability, you autist?
>>
>>669470
Thracia already did that.

>Dark Mages with Rewarp staffs.
>One level has a Dark Bishop has a warp staff to teleport his Dark Mage lackeys.
>Enemy dancers giving extra turns, even worst combined with thieves.
>>
>>672290
Based as fuck.
>>
Generally because the AI isn't really constrained by resources or making sure a rare staff lasts 10+ missions, they're not really balanced that way. They tend to show up as gimmicks a lot here and there though, especially in 5.
>>
>>669470
I really want to play these games, but I am not sure if my old PC can handle the emulators.
What are you using anons?
>>
>>672489
Snes9x and VBA-M aren't that resource hungry, so even a toaster should be able to play FE 3-8. I'm not well versed on NES emulators, though I imagine 1 and 2 wouldn't be a problem either.
>>
>>672833
Thanks anon, what about Three Houses?
>>
>>672833
>>672990
I found this but it requires 8GB RAM and I only have 4.
>>
>>672268
There's a difference between having the AI use interesting (and hopefully fair) strategies or something like that and having them warp a unit to kill one of your squishies and then rescuing them back. I don't see how that would be fun at all.
>>
>>669470
What a pit slut
>>
>>672995
What kind of potato are you using?
>>673122
I don't know, I'm just tired of how you have all of these options to solve a 40 vs 11 problem, and all the A.I. normally does is sit there until you get within a squad's movement range.

Reinforcements are a bit different, but they don't show up often enough to be freaking out over.
>>
>>673410
>What kind of potato are you using?
A Shitty one, I said it before.
>>
>>673410
I understand what you're saying. The better chapters in Fire Emblem tend to be the ones where the enemy has some sort of agency, and aren't just sitting taking a fucking snooze until you step into their range. Several games try to avert this but they have an unfortunate tendency to be more annoying than engaging, like with same turn reinforcement bullshit and whatnot.

I hope the next FE game relies more on the AI being smarter rather than just giving them ridiculous stats like in 3H. The highest difficulty not being annoying as fuck would be a plus too.
>>
>>672995
Quit whining, people have been playing these games on emulators for decades, you won't even try.
>>
>>674731
I thought FE10 did it best for the most part, except for how they keep changing your team. I wanted more time with some of them.
>>
>>673410
The big problem is that if you go far into the direction you suggested, it'll end like up like Ch.11A of Binding Blade.

>You gotta save the villages, recruit Klein Thea and Echidna and protect the green units to get all the rewards.

Or the that dreaded Xavier Chapter in Thracia that does the above but 10x as worst.
>>
>>674785
Yeah, green units are essentially a luck-based mission, at best.
>>
>>674731
>like with same turn reinforcement bullshit and whatnot.
It would work if they put flags on the map to show they spawn next turn. (Would still prevent you from getting first attack)
>>
>>675383
Don't some games announce their reinforcements via enemy dialogue?
>>
>>671004
They're too broken in SoV because of the killer bow, anyone who knows how to forge that shit can dominate the game with them. In gaiden they kinda sucked because they had bad accuracy and had no way to fix it, their only saving grace was that enemy wizards were so slow that archers made for pretty decent counters to them. To add insult to injury, Alm was the best bow user and he wasn't an archer. The problem with archers is how IntSys gives them shitty stats most of the time. Mages also suffer from low bases but at least they hit res. Also some of the tomes had really high might without requiring a lot of training (if any... Thoron in DSFE has the might of a silver weapon and is only C rank).
>>
>>674785
You don't need all the rewards for a decent run though, if Tate's pegs suicide then fuck it, Tate pays the price by not getting a promotion. The only thing that matters is the villages because of all the juicy stuff
>speedwing
>angelic robe
>hero crest for saving them all
>>
>>669470
>Old thread has reached the bump limit.
No it hasn't you goddamn retard.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUUNZ53aIxE
>>
>>676760
I know, I just wanted an excuse to post that.
>>
>>677013
You don't get an excuse. This is /vst/, not /v/.
>>
>>672263
Not really fe, but I'd say that game did archers better than every single Fire Emblem. All it took was completely reworking attack ranges, turn order, and counterattacks lmao.
>>
>>672995
Use the 2005 build, then.
>>
>>671004
>SoV
>Not crediting Gaiden with the idea
>>
I am not posting on a waifu thread.
>>
>>679195
Every FE thread is a waifu thread, no exceptions.
>>
>>672990
Nah, my intel potato can't run that shit. You need something with vulkan or open gl 4.5. You can run the previous game. But I warn you the story is fruity and is made for children
>>
>>681155
>But I warn you the story is fruity and is made for children
I wish this post wasn't on a waifu thread so I could ask what this even means.
>>
>>681225
It's just that. If you're a 10 year old, you'll love this game. It'll make you feel good and happy, among other things....but if you're at least 17 you'll find the story gay and childish. It suffers from the typical jrpg bullshit ie protagonist saves the world with the power of friendship. The only part I found appealing was the gameplay
>>
>>681313
This sounds like a stock criticism from /a/.
>>
Oh fuck you, you're making me bump this fucking waifu thread. Why the fuck am I forgetting to sage. I can't even sage this post complaining about my faults because it's a bannable offense to announce saging.
>>
>>681356
Come on, the pit slut ain't gonna kill ya.
>>
>>681353
I haven't visited that den of weebs in my life. You know hwat, play it yourself and come back here after you've played at least one story of fates. I couldn't go through even one of them. Maybe jrpgs aren't for me. Solid game play though
>>
>>682660
Are you even the same poster? We were talking about FE16. Congratulations, you're an idiot.
>>
>vulneraries are basically worthless yet i sell them for cash anyways since i basically never use them
>>
>>669482
At least they weren't ambush spawns like 3H
>>
>>682923
Same. It would help if they restored a little bit more health. 10 hp is barely half an attack in the mid game
>>
Did anyone else think the maps were too small for how much movement you and the enemies had in 3 houses. like i could move across most of the maps in 1 or two turn with almost all characters and it made healers and shit kinda useless when enemies can get to them any turn.
>>
File: file.png (84 KB, 722x574)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
do you guys ever play ROMhacks?
>>
>>684523
Playing Justice & Pride right now, kind of wish the supports were fully implemented instead of a few but otherwise I'm having fun.
romhacks that cut deployment limit when
>>
>>684529
no, sire.
>>
>>682923
Not in FE5. They are basically fully heal a unit's HP.

That's why I make a point to try and capture every single unit that has them.
>>
>>684613
They're pretty good in Radiant Dawn too
>20 HP
>8 uses
>>
>>669470
warp is bad design, it literally removes interaction with the maps when the player uses it. It's almost like it was intended for people to cheese a map when it filters them. Not to be used "strategically."
>>
>>684821
nah
>>
>>684354
I'm calling bullshit.

It's doable in 3-4 turns with 7 or 8 mov. And the enemy is cconveniently in front of you 80% of the time.
>>
>>684821
Warp is fine, it's only overpowered in newer games that like to spam Defeat Boss objectives in wide open field maps. In maps with other objectives or twisty terrain such as indoor castle maps it's easy to overextend with Warp and die.
>>
>The Latest FE required IS to have Koei-Tecmo do all the work while only writing the story and characters.

Shouldn't the success of Awakening, Fates and basically the moneymaker that is Heroes allow them to hire more staff and have more resources? They won't even make a simple remaster of Advance Wars while letting Wayforward do it instead.

Should the above set a worrying trend for future Fire Emblem games?
>>
>>685790
I'm not particularly worried. There are lots of cases throughout Nintendo's history where literal whos get their hands on a mainstream IP and make good games with it. Fire Emblem has always been hit or miss anyway, so there's not much to lose as long as it's still recognisably FE.
I do want to know what the fuck they're doing, though. The whole company can't just be working on gacha.
>>
>>685790
Honestly, I'm more concerned if the next entry follows the "baby's first RPG" agenda that the journalists are pushing.
>>
File: xavier.jpg (208 KB, 1075x1518)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
What's the FE chapter that mentally prevents you from completing the game for a while?

Pic related.
>>
>>687665
Just don't recruit him.
>>
>>687695
>>687665
It makes me sad to skip recruiting him when you realize the context of his situation
>>
>>687702
776 was a bad year for everyone.
>>
>>687695
>>687695
That doesn't ease the sting of struggling against the game repeatedly fucking up character placements.

>Plan to have specific characters in Team A and Team B? Screw you, Team A gets two thieves and Clerics while Team B getd jackshit.
>>
>>687665
Kenneth's version of Pale Flower of Darkness. It's not hard, but it is painful to play through and I always remember Battle Before Dawn is coming up next. I hate BBD as well, but Pale Flower of Darkness is where my runs of FE7 usually stall.
>>
>>687825
>Pale Flower of Darkness is where my runs of FE7 usually stall.
Four Fanged Offensive for me, the Lloyd version. I could be having a good time at the lake with Geitz and Linus and not in this foggy shithole, it's at the point when the game starts giving you kickass pre-promotes yet Rath and Heath are right there begging to be trained, there's ballista covering the entire map, it's the last good shopping opportunity in a long, LONG while...urrrrgh. It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>687665
The Mila Tree chapter from Awakening always gets me. I think the plegian arc of chapters is actually pretty good but the game just starts to fall apart gameplaywise with the Mila Tree and the boat map before it.
>>
STOP FUCKING BUMPING THIS THREAD YOU GODDAMN WAIFUFAGS
>>
>>688850
No
>>688809

Yeah, after that you had the battle against Validar
and the Deadlords.
>>
I'm going to spam this thread with comments until it hits bump limit, then
>>
Because the longer waifu threads exist on this board, the higher the chance becomes that it turns into /his/.
>>
>>688888
The only one who's complaining is you, retard.
>>
File: Child Molester.png (355 KB, 610x341)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>688894
Because you fucking hornyposters never fucking complain about waifus. You don't care about quality posting, you just want to see tits and fap to them.
Fuck you, fuck you all, I hope you fucking die.
>>
>>688896
You'll live.

Go find a whore, tomorrow.

You'll feel better.
>>
>>688904
No u
>>
>>677013
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
>>688850
I will continue to post in this thread because it was first
>nooooo, you have to use MY thread! I don't like the OP!
Fuck off
>>
>>688922

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=flb3He1jR3U
>>
What are the flaws of Three Houses' story?

Supposedly it's admired for being better than Fates and Awakenimg but that isn't a high bar to climb.
>>
>>690860
The flaws is that its a gimped version of FE4 (edelgard being arvis but with an even smaller vegetable for a mind than him, The agarthans being the Loptyrians with better tech but nothing to show for it) and the fact since the MC pretty much carries either Dimitri or Edelgard to victory (Claude who? You mean the blonde one?) the story feels bland and sleepy as the lords suck your MU cock, also while it has backstory most of it is so fucking vague when you try to connect all the dots to make a big picture it makes you feel stupid when you realize that there is no big picture or conscience explanation because the game gives you none

Id rate it a 5/10 still better than fates and awakening but even echoes is more complete as a story (minus celica LMAO STUPID BITCH)
>>
>>690871
So basically it's still suffering from the Avatar problem that plagued New Mystery, Awakening and Fates.

It doesn't help that Byleth can lure away characters from other factions through the dating sim mechanics, regardless of their backstory and making their loyalty to that faction irrelevant.
>>
>>690871
>>691391
Byleth is far and away the biggest problem with THs. The story could only be improved without him in it.
>>
Stop discussing this on a waifu thread. We have a perfectly good not waifu thread.
>>
>>691393
>>691393
Would it work if Byleth was demoted to being a regular tactician character (Mark from FE7) while the 3 Lords are the actual main characters and Sothis would be the Azura who gives the 3 lords the ability to Time Travel?
>>
>>691411
No.
>>
>>669470
Uuuuoooooohh armpit erotic
>>
>>691436
Oh, easily. The game's got other problems, mostly in the writing, but that would be a huge step towards fixing it.
Alternatively, don't just have Byleth be (You). They can still be the protagonist you control, but make them a character in their own right.
>>
File: Hanneman_SRank_Revised.png (1.92 MB, 1920x1558)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>690860
Pic related

Plus, there's also the issue on how an literal nobody with no personality manages to be the emotional crutch/sheer muscle that three nobles conveniently need to take over the world.

The game would be infinitely more entertaining to watch Dimitri and Edelgard duke it out with Claude trying to intervene.
>>
>>692060
Byleth is such a nothing character. I typically enjoy mute protags, but Byleth just hinders the story of others. I'm not sure if he's worse than Kris or Corrin. Corrin is an idiot and Kris just sucks off Marth, but Byleth does nothing and he's the center of the world. And were supposed to believe he's experiencing impressive growth, he's finally showing emotions and caring for his students, when this plank of wood does nothing.

For a mute protag, I'm annoyed they took away Avatar customization. I'll slightly be more attached to the character if I can at least customize his looks. Default Byleth looks a dork, and he's only remotely lovable dressed in his SS uniform.

>>690860
To add another negative the story. The game clearly wants you to experience all the routes, like what IS has been doing lately with the games. But the Academy section just drags on and on, and you'll be experiencing the same maps with a few story differences. All the micromanaging when you're in the academy gets old quick. Maddening does spice up gameplay, even if it can be bull shit at times. But you will be repeating a lot of the same boring shit.
>>
File: 1588241182767.jpg (193 KB, 1253x1129)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>692873
>The game clearly wants you to experience all the routes
Which is ridiculous, because only one of them's actually finished. Maybe two.
>>
>>693092
The only route I would even considered close to finished is Azure Moon if only because it at least follows the basic trend of "Lord kills big bad and becomes leader of everything"

VW and SS are clones of each other and while yes you kill the big bad the fact both routes end with (You) becoming god emperor of Foldan as a fucking persona protag is just asking to get fucked

CF, the only thing I have to say about CF is even with the >>>text end the final chapter has the legitimate big bads fucking laughing at you thanking you for doing all the work.
>>
STOP FUCKING POSTING ON THIS THREAD YOU FUCKING WAIFUFAGS
>>
File: Dorothy.png (143 KB, 538x471)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
What retard thought this was a good redesign?
>>
>>693938
I would if the fucking jannies didn't nuke the thread I made
>>
File: fe7.jpg (2.48 MB, 9145x4069)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>693827
Exactly.
It kills me that one of the two given reasons for the lack of a true/golden/etc route is that it would invalidate player choice, when player choice is already invalidated by 3/4s of the results of said choice being blatantly unfinished.
>>
>>693827
How the fuck is *You* becoming the king a bad ending?
>>
STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>694866

Aside from the fact that a no-personality beyond being a self-insert and divine powers gets to be king. It's also squanders Claude's potential as a character.

>Edelgard: You're not fit to be King because you don't have any idea of Fodlan's history.

> Claude: k. I'll leave.
>>
>>694958
Yeah but he also has his own kingdom abroad and you're meant to self-insert as the Avatar, so you'll rule how *you* want to.
>>
File: mine.jpg (111 KB, 1032x1106)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>695012
>you're meant to self-insert as the Avatar, so you'll rule how *you* want to.
And that's bad.
>>
>>694866
Because (you) as a character is a literal no one with the only claim (you) have is I guess you are the reincarnation of God on earth? Ngl its kinda like if Grima instead of being an evil god was actually good and Robin at the ending of awakening suddenly became god king ruler of all the land.
>>
>>695147
>>695148
I don't see what's wrong with that; you're someone who's respected by kings and rulers, who's a masterful leader who can literally claim the Divine Right of Kings.The whole idea of 'rightful king' comes from being favoured by Gods/the Divine.
>>
>>695238
it mostly comes down to the fact (you) have no character, no personality, no drive, and most of all no interest at the game at hand, hell (you) don't even know the church exists at the beginning of the game
>>
>>695266
And there's also the issue that 99% of the cast will do this to you after the war.
>>
File: FEF-oborocrit2.png (85 KB, 395x256)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>695321
I hate how hard IS has been leaning into support conversations/pairings. Three Houses extended the amount convos some pairings can get and a good chunk of the game is spent talking to units in the Academy.
The latter drags out the game and former attracts a lot of secondaries. The type of queers that only care about story. I don't care what people think, but I think a good indication of a series turning to shit is by how much women are playing it. The shipping and pairings attracts a lot of casual players.
>>
>>695332
Blame fates, while awakening was leaning into that it was mostly fates which fucking overloaded that shit.
>>
>>669470
Don't you faggots have a general? Why do you need a thread on every board?
>>
>>695428
Because it's an strategy game.

With tits.
>>
>>695441
This is a board for games that don't get a general. Any game with a general belongs on /vg/, nowhere else. You also have 2 threads up because you weebs are too fucking retarded to use the catalog.
>>
>>695443
No, this is a board for games that you can't discuss on generals because you've been banned from /vg/ for makingj fun of eedophiles.
>>
>>695443
Hey, this thread was first. The other one is from the guy who periodically comes by to yell at us.
>>
>>669470
I'd love a Fire Emblem game where I get to play the villain/the BBEG and take over the world like Soul Eater's Genocide Path.
>>
>>695807
That's pretty much Edelgard's route in Three Houses in a nutshell.
>>
>>695807
I mean conquest exists,
>>
>>695858
>>695868
No, I don't mean Anti-Hero. I mean evil. I want to be Grima. I want to be the Devourlord. I want to destroy and enslave the planet. Let me Dungeon Keeper this shit up.
>>
>>695871
You know that devs nowadays don't have the chops to make a game that features the villains.
>>
>>696224
No ROMs or anything like this either?
>>
>>696543
I was mainly talking about the companies. Sure there's villainous stories out there, but it's not a strategy game, most of the time.
>>
>>696842
I'm asking specifically if there are FE roms where you can play a villainious character or the villain of the story.
>>
I'm so tired of boring Custom Characters. They never add anything other than a broken unit whose dialogue is absolute garbage, and you can never do anything fun with them. I'd like to not have them in my armies at all, but unfortunately the game forces me to deploy them in most story missions.
>>
>>696921
It's an sign of the times, I guess. Why waste a lot of effort creating an immersive backstory for the MC when it's faster to use him as an blank slate.

Sure, it barely worked in Awakening; but Robin's acceptance felt a little bit too rushed.

But at least they worked in the 4d chess game towards the end of Awakening.

Corrin was pretty repetitive as a character. 3H gave us an literal stillborn with the personality that comes with it.

Won't be surprised if they break the fourth wall by including you as an agent of god or something... No wait. 3H did this, too
>>
>>695443
This thread was before the other one, although to be fair, this thread was an early thread because OP is still an attention whoring faggot at the end of the day.
>>
>>697282
There is no being fair. OP used a waifu post on /vst/, he doesn't deserve legitimacy. If we allow this shit to continue, then /vst/ will go the way of /his/ and be turned into a /pol/ colony.
>>
>>697340
>a waifu post
What does that even mean?
>>
>>697350
It means the end times.
>>
File: 57427031_p12.png (23 KB, 300x300)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>697340
See, your hyperbole is exactly what I'm talking about.
You didn't just lazily use a waifu image(really just an in-game CG) as an OP and otherwise acted normal as you pretend to.
-Again, early thread which you admitted as such "i didn't know" and yet complained about the other thread for the same reasons, instead of it just being pointless and petty. As well as admitting you wanted the OP pic specifically to be Hilda's pits, so you rushed the thread.
-Posts that blatantly identify yourself by codewords, typing style can be forgiven but spamming "pit slut"; replying to potentially samefagged anti-waifu posts; etc.
These are all in this single thread, I didn't have to make up shit nor mention other boards in the slightest unlike the other autist. That you made a waifu OP is nothing to me, and by itself makes the anon screaming about waifus and made the other thread as a protest thread retarded. However two things can be true and your faggotry (even outside of the classic meme) makes his worries valid, because you clearly cannot be trusted to not be an obnoxious regular poster ala the usual /feg/got waifufags, at best it's a bit subdued compared to open tharjacuck-tier tactics.
And I'm not even saying this as someone opposed to whatever OP pic of choice one has, since I've been part of discussions in this very thread, so don't try that either.
>>
File: peek.jpg (11 KB, 228x189)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
4chan meta is stupid and you shouldn't care about it.
>>
>>697359
ok, enjoy whining when someone you don't like spams a shitload of ops just because (probably some dumb twitter fujo) without a shred of irony

at least i have popcorn
>>
File: VomitingGirls.png (732 KB, 1300x417)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
of COURSE it was an edelgardfag
>>
>>697355
I'm the guy who's been trying to scream at OP to delete his thread and trying to get it buried for the sake of the other thread, not the guy who actually made the OP.
>>
File: beagles tea.jpg (1.94 MB, 1350x1500)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>697368
And if that happens then there's fuck all you could have done to prevent it, except perhaps not have made so much fuss over nothing earlier up the line.
>>
>>697380
>Edelgard has no one who's truly loyal or her true friend besides a gargoyle with a shitty haircut.

Even Arvis has Ishtar and some loyal retainers even after being made a puppet by Julius.
>>
File: edelgard59.jpg (204 KB, 1493x2304)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>698504
Well, yes. That's part of why she ended up the way she did.
>>
So exactly when did the series started going downhill?

Pic related, in my opinion
>>
>>700720
Not quite.
>>
>>685790
gamedev is about selling more and more while cutting the most possible every release
is the biggest kike industry
>>
>No this is totally not a waifu thread
>Now watch as I spam this thread with waifu pics

>>>/feg/
>>
>>700778
So this is bait, right? That's what you're doing?
>>
>>700796
When did I ever indicate I cared about getting responses? I'd rather I didn't so this thread can die already.
>>
>>700824
You indicate it by continuing to post. Where even is this waifufaggotry you're sperging out over?
>>
so who are, in your opinions, the worst units in all of fire emblem? As in, they make your team weaker by using them, and even feeding them won't fix them?

>Shannam(FE5)
>Wendy(FE6)
>Sophia(FE6)
>Vika(FE10)
>Jake(FE1/3/11)
>>
>>700720
Your about one game short, I'd argue FE12 because that was when they started deciding canon could go out the door with it being a fucking bastardization of FE3, also fuck Kris.
>>
>>700846
I mean tbf, because of how scrolls can work no one in Thracia is truly useless persay, that being said Shannam is prob one of the worse because of his low 2nd attack crit stat

Wendy, Balls and Mr. 2% Res growth are all memes in my eye but I guess Wendy is the worse because she has the worse bass stats, Sophia is fucking god awful

Vika suffers the same thing as Tormod and tiger boy, but couldn't one argue that Fiona is even worse idk all four of those units are ass

>Jake
Aren't ballisticians good?
>>
>>700903
>low
it's 0.

Vika not only suffers from garbage availability, but she's also a laguz, and you get her the MAP BEFORE THE FINALE, when you'll be able to bring naesala, who completely outstrips her in every way.

Fiona joins with shit levels, but she's at least a cav, and not handicapped into being a laguz that isn't a royal. She's also available for way more of the game.
>>
>>700846
>Shannam(FE5)
>Wendy(FE6)
>Sophia(FE6)
Giving them exp or scrolls fixes them.

>Jake(FE1/3/11)
He is one of the strongest characters in 11 though.

>Vika(FE10)
I dunno enough FE10 to say anything.
>>
>>700846
>Vika
>not Nealuchi

>>700909
shannam still has 0 PRC and shit weapon rank
Wendy never really gets good, plus she's a GBA armorknight, and sophia's growths are not only garbage, but she has 3 CON, meaning she will always be slowed by her weapon no matter what. You can give her the statue frag, and she'll still be slowed by even a flux tome.
>>
>>700908
I mean for Vika, Fiona, Tormod and Tiger man they all suck

Oh lmao I forgot he had 0 I thought it was 1
>>
>>700918
I actually brought tormod to my last run of FE10's endgame. staffbots are always useful.

and my point is that you can at least find use for fiona outside endgame, and she doesn't have horrendous availability. Muarim, meanwhile, is a hella useful tank in part 1, and is still pretty decent in part 4. Obviously he pales to the royals, but...
>>
Vika, Tormod, and Muarim are good for part 1.
Discussing unit viability in FE10 is weird because pretty much everyone is good at some point or another. If you just look at the tower than sure, most units suck, but you really shouldn't.
>>
>>700920
I always find it difficult to justify fielding Tormod in the tower because Sanaki is mandatory. It's like bringing Heather to the tower when Sothe is forced which I have done.
>>
>>701013
I don't get it.
>>
>>701080
I'm too autistic to use two fire mages
>>
File: edelgard peek.jpg (22 KB, 221x332)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>701098
Pitfall.
>>
>>700896
Yeah, you have a point.

Plus we also got this.
>>
>>701150
>>701103
>>698661
>>697359
>>695332
>>695321
>>695147
>>694088
>>693092
>>692060
Totally not a waifu thread.
>>
>>702158
All me
>>
File: Sheena.jpg (166 KB, 735x1000)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
What's the most "uninteresting" challenge in a FE game? A harder difficulty that doesn't even feel satisfying to beat. I'm pretty sure the Ike games just remove some of your options at higher difficulties and Three Houses maddening is designed around using time rewinding.
Thinking of doing a Max Star Lunatic New Mystery run and seeing how quickly everything falls apart.

>>702158
Yes, those are characters from the games. Most of them official art.
>>
File: P10-003PR_artwork.png (861 KB, 596x811)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
>>700846
I say Shannam or Jake is the best. Shannam just because Bargain gives him some utility.
I remember Jake being good in Shadow Dragon, even if not. Being a long ranged chip damage at lets him help others get kills.
The rest just get outshined by others. Why bother with Wendy, when I can use Bors? (Knights are really bad in fe6 too.)
Sophia comes too late and is too frail when she shows up, better of with one of the green twins.
I remember nothing about Vika.
>>
File: wendy ember.png (235 KB, 722x480)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>703252
>amazingly pretty and cool lady-knight
>absolutely dogshit unit
I really do hate you sometimes, Fire Emblem.

>>700846
Vika is good in part 1. Those 2 cats in part 3 are definitely worse overall.
Honorable mention to Wendy being a god of war in Project Ember, but that of course doesn't count.
>>
>>703665
>absolutely dogshit unit
Play FE3
>>
>>703252
>What's the most "uninteresting" challenge in a FE game? A harder difficulty that doesn't even feel satisfying to beat.

Rescuing suicidal green units for a single health booster, ironman runs, and mauling an stationary boss on the final map.
>>
>>703865
I haven't actually played either of them.
>>
>>703252
Genderlocked runs, or "can only use [xyz] units". They're interesting for a little bit, but then it devolves into a typical FE run
>>
>>703892
>ironman runs
Why would you say that ironmans are uninteresting? They seem to me like one of the more interesting challenges. Have to adapt if the unthinkable happens, always keep going and don't get stuck restarting a chapter you made a mistake on, etc.
>>
>>705008
Because 90% of the time it's not that big of a deal if a unit dies since replacement units are a thing and it's often easier to just let the unit die and move on then to come up with a strategy clear the stage without any loses.
>>
>>669470
Just finished the mock battle.

How can a game be THIS GOOD? It's absolutely perfect. I haven't played a FE game since the GBA days. Fucking beautiful. Can't believe it took me 2 years to get a hold of this game. Does it get better bros?
>>
>>705586
I will neither confirm nor deny and just say I'm happy you're having a good time. Have fun, anon. You should be careful, though. Spoilers for this game flow like water.
What house did you pick?
>>
>>705604
Thanks Anon. I picked the Blue Lions. Because Lions are fucking cool.
>>
File: lions3.jpg (333 KB, 2000x1145)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>705605
Good choice.
>>
>>705495
can you beat three houses with nothing but replacement units?
now i want to do a "you suck and everyone died" run
>>
File: blue_lions.jpg (382 KB, 2048x1323)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>705605
>Blue Lions
Absolutely good choice
>>
>>705605
Consider yourself blessed you picked the route that has the most complete story.
>>
>>705605
>Detroit
Sorry to hear of your misfortune
>>
>>705495
In theory the replacement units should be enough that you still have a chance to finish the game but still be a setback. More of a game dependent thing I suppose.
>>
>>705586
It does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9nzQXQjgTE
>>
>Wanna play something comfy
>Play Three Houses
>Shit gets REALLY stressful

Why does this happen
>>
if anyone's interested, I'm drunk LPing a DUDE WEED LMAO hack over on /v/

>>>/v/565979801
>>
File: walking garbage.jpg (115 KB, 831x900)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>708105

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.