[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1624637086286.png (1.6 MB, 1600x900)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
The DLC subscription service is really nice.
This is my first time playing with all the DLCs, what am I in for?
>>
>>659741
lmao faggot paypiggy
>>
>>659741
more hollow features, whether global or region specific
at least you get to fight a league war and declare with subject casus belli now
>>
Bros I'm really in the mood to play some eu4 but I've got no idea who to play
Give me some ideas for a fun playthrough
>>
>>659869
Ayutthaya? They got big update in the latest DLC.
>>
File: 1618107689199.jpg (69 KB, 427x427)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>mfw another day holding back my EU4 urges for when M&T 3.0 finally comes out
>>
>>659950
some one posted it on here a while ago. dunno if the link is still up
>>
>>659869
Play as Spain and estabilish a colonial empire in all the Americas. Then, at the height of your power, make all your New World colonies rebel and tag switch to one of them and try to bring down your ex country all allied together.
>>
>>659963
don't toy with my heart
>>
>>659869
Espionage-focused Uesugi/Hosokawa.
>>
>>660016
How would that even work?
I've never done espionage-focused anything
>>
>>659741
You niggas don't even own the DLC any more
>>
>>659741
Just pirate it damn it, Paradox games are extremely easy to do so
>>
If an AI nation supports the independence of one of my vassals but the independence war doesn't get declared, can I go to war with the AI nation and demand they stop support?
Or am I just stuck in permanent limbo until the independence war fires?
>>
>>659869
My most fun EU4 game so far was Denmark into England into France into Manchuria into Qing.
>start as Denmark
>you're the proud kingdom of Denmark-Sweden-Norway, the Kalmar Union
>first of all, bully the Livonian Order for a border with Novgorod and get Danzig from the Teutonic Order before Poland does
>when you're done, invade Novgorod and annex relevant provinces so that Muscovy will never form Russia and you get enough provinces to annex Norway
>you'll eventually btfo Novgorod anyway and/or make them a vassal to recover Novgorodian provinces from Muscovy
>use Norwegian claims to dab on Scotland, your next vassal
>use Scottish claims to start eating England
>if you get a chance to annex Hamburg/Lübeck, do so
>as Norway becomes another part of Denmark, you start colonising North America and the Caribbean
>you're the proud kingdom of Denmark-Norway-Sweden-Baltics-Novgorod-Scotland now
>if England becomes Anglican, you can finish them off quickly and nobody will care
>state England and de-state Scandinavia, become England
>use English missions to PU France
>you're the proud kingdom of Denmark-Norway-Sweden-Baltics-Novgorod-Scotland-England-France now
>become Scrooge McDuck thanks to your uncontested power in Lübeck, Baltic sea and English Channel
>integrate France
>de-state England, state France, become France
>use French missions to PU Naples and Spain
>you're the proud kingdom of Denmark-Norway-Sweden-Baltics-Novgorod-Scotland-England-France-Spain-Naples now
Afterwards it's up to you. I kept colonising the world and conquering Russia into the east, until I reached northeastern Asia, de-stated France, stated Manchuria, became Manchuria and formed the Qing empire. It was lots of fun seeing how the cute kingdom of Denmark ended up. You can alternatively integrate Spain to use Spanish missions for PUs on Austria and Portugal. It's a shame that Paradox doesn't give Denmark more flavour, it has a lot of potential but Danish missions are bullshit.
>>
>>660077
IIRC they automatically stop supporting independence if you start a war with them.
Also remember that vassals can't start a war of independence if you're at war.
>>
>>660074
I thought Paradox was big and evil?
>>
>>659741
>what am I in for?
The pirate experience but paying for it, monthly.
>>
>>660043
Nevermind. Tried it out. Only way to do anything with Espionage is to get lucky in MP, or repeatedly go through the motions of conquering someone. There's no way to sincerely screw an enemy country up.
>>
If I've got a PU over a nation with colonists, will they still colonize for me?
Will their colonial nations be loyal to me or my PU?
>>
>>660229
>Will their colonial nations be loyal to me or my PU?
Your PU, until you integrate them.
>If I've got a PU over a nation with colonists, will they still colonize for me?
I believe so.
>>
You somehow fell for one of Johan's worst tricks. Nice.
>>
>>659741
You're in for a waste of money
>>
>>659991
He tells you true anon
Some anon leaked an early build
It runs really poorly (far worse than the last stable release) to the point where I just didn't find it worth it yet, hopefully later builds are a bit better
>>
>actually like this game
>own the basegame
>get used to all the features via pirating
>want to just buy the dlc and play it legit
>wait for big sale
>its still $125 for the bundle after all these years
these guys really make it hard to support them
>>
>>660074
>be loyal paraodox fan for years
>buy every DLC for CK2 an EU4, never torrent anything
>make hundreds of suggestion on the forum
>dream of working for Paradox after earning CS degree
>be forum banned by an actual tranny for being "too critical"
wonderful experiance, would do again
>>
>>660043
You can't really do espionage because Support Rebels doesn't do anything. The only use for espionage is to create CBs to start wars which of course is barely necessary anymore since every country has "conquer the ancient hwan empire" style mission trees
>>
I just did Third Way as Oman->Mughals. It was relatively fun, Mughals are very OP tho. The final war was annoying because I had to conquer some provinces in Cuba and Louisiana, but other than that, fun campaign, would recommend.
>>
>>659869
Kandy be the portugal of the East
>>
>>660145
its less "paradox is bad" its more give me dat shit fo free
>>
File: 1604685287456.jpg (33 KB, 680x460)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>659741
>The DLC subscription service
did paradix really?
>>
>>661439
You get all the dlcs for $3 per month.
>>
>>661439
If you're a retarded paypig new to the game it almost sounds reasonable. The whole game cost 305,56€ on Steam (right now 128,28€ during the summer sale).
>>
You will own nothing

>>659950
Same
>>
>>661440
>>661453
built for piracy
>>
Play EU3 with WAMMO instead
>>
>>659741
>what am I in for?
lots of uninstalling
>>
imagine paying for eu4
>>
thank you paypiggies for giving me free dlc
>>
What are some good nations for a peaceful playthrough.
>>
>>663623
Korea
>>
>>663623
>peaceful playthrough
you are playing the wrong game senpai
>>
>>664387
b-But le playing tall!
>>
>>664399
>play tall
>reach 80 dev on your capital
>play wide
>capital dev overflowing to the point it's free to improve
Get leviathan'd.
>>
>>664510
This can't be happening tallbros, Johan said it was our time to shine!
>>
>>661421
portugal is portugal of the east. You should be in Vijay's grill by 1500.
>>
>>664510
waaa why is it historically accurate for tiny rump states to have better capitals than hegemons?
>>
Do you guys play the game on ironman mode?
>>
>>665082
>paypig mode
Obviously not. What's even the point? People savescum there anyways while I don't, so I'm more "ironman" than them.
>>
>>665106
>paypig mode
What? How is ironman mode paypig?
>>
>>664387
I forgot to clarify.
Painting over niggers counts as peaceful.
>>
File: 1567625166017.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1072)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>665124
So does unifying the white race under one flag desu
>>
>>659869
Play anbennar or something, i easily put another 300 hours into the game after already having 1100 hours when i started playing it.
>>
>suck France's cock so they carry my ass from tiny country to impressive empire
>They call me into a war against Spain and Austria

Fuck bros
Do we have any chance?
>>
>>666818
its paradox bro, they haven't made a decent AI in a decade.

If you aren't the war leader, break the alliance. Otherwise just ignore defense, occupy your enemies capital and white peace them out one at a time, till you are left with the target. Its why portugal is actually a strong military country after 1.28, despite having almost no military ideas. The flagship lets you unload and siege down any coastal capital in like 1-3 months, so you never even use your dogshit soldiers for combat till your actual target is left.
>>
>>666854
>If you aren't the war leader, break the alliance.

I need those fuckers
My only other ally is the Ottos and they're starting to get too close for comfort
>>
>>666854
>its paradox bro, they haven't made a decent AI in a decade
its paradox bro, they haven't made a decent AI
>>
>>660414
ur supposed to run the optimizer script if you dont mind not being able to make modmods or debug it. it works really friggin well
>>
>>659741
That's the map spreadsheet game, why would you pay for it when you could support devs like Firaxis or Creative Assembly or Amplitude, who work harder and actually simulate worlds instead of maps and actually balance their games to have proper win and loss states.

Not only that but Paradox entire business model is predatory towards people with autism e.g. >>660744 so it's unethical to support them.
>>
>>659950
It's never coming out
>>
>>659741
>reinstall this game
>boot it up
>half the world is now algonquin megacities and abo atlantis
>the age of discovery doesn't even contain colonization anymore
>everyone still perpetually in debt
>fuck this I'll fix it with mods
>go to install mods
>the best ones are all still on 1.30
>roll back
>install a bunch of mods and some compatibility patches just to get the game back to how I used to play it months (a year?) ago
>it crashes when hovering over a building
>realize this game isn't even very good and lose interest
How did they fuck this up so hard bros. God damn they took a functional game and just progressively throttled it to death. It's like they're doing it on purpose to move people to their other games. Rule Brittannia was over 3 years ago. How the fuck is the game still arguably worse than the patch before that? I even enjoyed Emperor with all its ridiculous memes, but I can't stomach this shit anymore. It's gotten to the point that it's a Skyrim-tier game you have to make modpacks for to get it playable.
>>
>>667838
They went full "boardgame balanced for multiplayer". History or logic doesn't matter anymore, you just pick any country and paint the map.
>>
>>667845
This is true sadly. When I realizied that I lost all interest. Emperor was final nail in the coffin for me and than I just watched Leviathan shitshow with a grin.
The game is still playable on 1.29 or 1.25 when you don't like Dharma goverment stuff or even 1.19 if you like the old way. Especially with mods. It's just sad to see what it became.
>>
>>660744
Did you dare to criticise Abbos?
>>
File: HRE.png (17 KB, 302x342)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Can anyone recommend me some fun German minors? I'm tired of Brandenburg.
>>
>>668270
Holland
>>
>>667838
>How did they fuck this up so hard bros.
It’s a real mystery
>>
>>668270
your choice of northwest germany into hanover, and try to get a PU on the british isles
>>
>>667845
>History or logic doesn't matter anymore, you just pick any country and paint the map.
it hasn't since the release of EU4, Paradox used to care about it, i.e. EU3, there were fewer mechanics, but they were mostly inner-connected and hand-picked to at least in theory to simulate historical phenomenons, even if this often resulted in unbalanced game.
>>
>>668377
To late, I'm already playing Switzerland. Any tips for them?
>>
>>661438
I will never pay for your dlc johan
>>
>>668382
Hey, EU4 had chances at first since it have some sort of westernization system and stuff like protectorates. They removed these and added shit like missions trees tho.
>>
>>668882
I mean, the missionaries tree had the potential to guide AI to make non-retarded conquests.
>>
>>659950
DGL POST MORE TEASERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: eu4_2021-07-01_21-46.jpg (2.22 MB, 1920x1080)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
Ive never revoked the privilegia before. This is pretty hilarious. Makes me want to play Austria sometime and do it asap sometime in the future to bully the Ottomans to death. But im pretty much done here and kinda feel like a colonial comfy campaign. Obviously Portugal or Spain fits that but is there any underrated colonial nations out there that might be a bit of fun to try out?
>>
>>670657
Map mod? Also nothing too comfy about colonial games since there's so many shitty native nations now it's just annoying
>>
Is blocking straits no longer a thing anymore?
Parked by boats in the sea of marmara and ottos are just shamelessly walking over them
>>
>>671052
Voitiare's nightmare or something like that.
>>
>>670657
>but is there any underrated colonial nations out there that might be a bit of fun to try out?
Mamelukes. Not even kidding. Unless recent updates have ruined them.
>>
>>671062
Still need to control 2/3 to block it so you need sea and one fully occupied province
>>
>>659869
Play as Croatia or the Papal States
>>
Is using backup save fine for achievement run? Doing a Prussia game originally intended to form Germany but got maneuvered into almost proclaim erbkaiserturm.
>>
File: eu4_268.png (1.52 MB, 1600x900)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>671153
Suit yourself, it just achievement .
Also I just start my first Ironman game as Brandenburg. Any tips for their economic?
>>
>>659869
Lithuania. Form the Commonwealth (historically Poland does that so it's fun to do it with Lithuania while fighting off Muscovy and eventually the Ottomans)
>>
>>671193
Oh and, does Prussia get anything new in the Emperor DLC?
If not then I'll continue my Switzerland game instead since I've already played Prussia so many times.
>>
>>671193
>>671236
Dunno, it's my first time playing Brandenburg Prussia, you probably have more experience than me. As long as you only have slight deficit it's fine I guess. Peace deal ducats and war reps were my main source of income early on, then controlling Lubeck node brings in a lot of cash. To keep me afloat I just mothball every castle even during war. I'm not a particularly good player but still managed to do it anyway.
Also keep an eye on your government capacity, Prussian government gets -50% cap so early on you might be a bit short on that. Ally Austria until you form Prussia, they'll choose the most beneficial option in the incident.
>>
>>671093
Really? How long has that been a thing?
Makes sense I suppose but still, wish I'd known
>>
File: Screenshot_47.png (2.81 MB, 1919x1079)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
Well, I did it. Now to reload to form HRE.
>>
>>671268
Since 4 years ago
>>
File: eu4_270.png (1.76 MB, 1600x900)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
Playing tall Switzerland and rent out condottieri is quite comfy.
>>
>>671093
Are you sure that's right? In my game right now I have control of the sea space where Singapore is, and the province that Singapore itself is in and I've still got 50k dudes crossing over from Palambang or whatever that province is in the Straits of Malacca. It would seem that I should be able to block them, right?
>>
File: Venice.png (67 KB, 800x533)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
How do you play merchant republic, like Venice?
I've never played trade game before.
>>
>>671510
Or maybe I should play Lubeck instead?
>>
>>668270
hamburg is lots of fun and has unique ideas
>>
File: 1592602126526.png (331 KB, 640x640)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>659741
>The DLC subscription service is really nice.
>>
>>667018
>That's the map spreadsheet game, why would you pay for it when you could support devs like Firaxis or Creative Assembly or Amplitude, who work harder and actually simulate worlds instead of maps and actually balance their games to have proper win and loss states.
Anon, you're fucking delusional. EU4 still does the most out of any strategy game. Civ had to switch to relying on gimmicks because their game can't simulate anything. Total War is a joke series, and I don't have high hopes for "Humankind", given the civ-switching mechanic.
>>
>>667845
>History or logic doesn't matter anymore
When has it ever?
>>
>>671474
He's wrong. You have to occupy both sides of the strait as well as blockading
>>
>>671474
Singapore isn't the connection point for the strait coming in from Sumatra.
>>671751
You have to occupy one of the provinces and have a ship in the sea zone.
>>
>>659869
play Serbia
>>
>>671430
Explain to me the appeal of playing tall
Like what do you actually do?
Okay you dev
Then what?
>>
>>672222
Rent out your army, use the gold to purchase ports, then either raid or blockade the enemy and force them to give you ducats and war reps. Use those to shift regional power balances and, if you get bored, beat up a colonizer to take their colony so you can have something to dump that cash into. You can also build up certain other tags to service your trade and possibly protect you.
>>
>>671751
Seems like it kind of defeats the whole point then, if you need to occupy both sides of the strait to keep people from crossing the strait.
>>
>>672282
That would defeat the point, yes. It's a good thing he's wrong. You only have to occupy one side of the strait.
>>
I'm tired of savescumming. Despite having many hours on the game I still play like noob because I just keep reload every time I made mistakes.
I want to improves, what are some easy countries to play on Ironman?
>>
File: 1625324706432.jpg (93 KB, 1200x627)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>659741
>>
>>672329
Just play on speed 2 and open a ".txt" file.
>>
File: Cropped.jpg (1.13 MB, 2565x1440)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>672286
Maybe it would help if I uploaded a screenshot. In the attached picture how would I, as the perfidious eternal anglo, keep the punjabi's from crossing over into the province where I have a 21k strong army? As you can see in the picture, my fleet controls the sea space and I've got one of the provinces in the strait. I'm sure there's some niggling little thing I'm missing here.
>>
>want to play in HRE because Emperor DLC
>tired of Brandenburg
Any countries in HRE you would recommend?
>>
>>672386
Could you even call playing tall in EU4 fun?
>>
Anyone have the MEIOU and Taxes 3.0 leak that got posted here last month? I didn't download it
>>
>>672530
They shouldn't be able to cross. If you unpause, the 57k stack should immediately stop moving.
>>672545
Lubeck, Dith, and Florence are all fine picks. Most of the rest of the HRE is just a waste of space and dev.
>>
File: Untitled drawing (7).png (682 KB, 898x486)
682 KB
682 KB PNG
The AI declaring a coalition war for the fifth time:
>>
>>672746
What make Florence better than Milan or Savoy? I want to form Italy.
>>
>>672857
iirc they have better mission tree with more permanent bonuses
>>
>>672951
I'm already playing Savoy, but it's only 1494.
Is it worth to start over?
>>
>>672956
I'll give you a tip - you don't have to be a powergamer to have fun, Savoy is prob cool too
>>
File: playing eu4.gif (381 KB, 498x376)
381 KB
381 KB GIF
>play as Karaman
>conquered the anatolian minors and killled aq qoyunlu
>eat the western forts of qara qoyunlu
>poland at war with otto
>ally mamluks and declare war
>poland gets fucked
>otto occupies me
>mamluk decides the best course of action is to station his troops on southern levant and not participate
> mamluk white peace with otto
>loosing -99%
>mfw
>>
File: eu4_273.png (1.87 MB, 1600x900)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
Goddammit France, get your shit together! You are my biggest ally!
>>
File: eu4_285.png (1.77 MB, 1600x900)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
I think I got bug. France and Austria broke their alliance with me because they got restoration of the union CB on me when I have no heir.
Now the CB expire but their attitude won't change so I can't ally them, Austria even warn me.
And since this game is on Ironman I can't reload previous save.
Great. Time to try Florence, I guess. This time no ironman.
>>
>>673148
Or maybe Milan?
>>
>>672857
>What make Florence better than Milan or Savoy?
You spend the entire game at 100 prestige and can hit the Interest-Per-Annum floor. It also lets you become a Theocracy easily.
>>
File: eu4_289.png (1.42 MB, 1600x900)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Took me 100 years to form Sardinia-Piedmont. I'm so bad at this game :(
>>
>>672956
Forming Sardinia-Piedmont gives you some OP bonuses, including 5% permanent admin efficiency. Savoy isn't weak by any means, but it forces you to be a monarchy.

Florence probably has the best mission tree, but Milan has the Ambrosian Republic/Military Dictatorship, which are some of my favorite gov types.

>>673148
You might want to reload the save or otherwise just tough it out. You can take on large parts of EU4 solo, and having allies just makes things easier rather than possible.
>>
>>659741
>The DLC subscription service is really nice.
cs.rin.ru
>>
>>673753
just invade venice and genoa (and the small merchant republics) early to get free monies and then just go nutty on the north
>>
>>673148
On one hand I wish the AI turned on you (and other shitty minors that are leeching off of them) more often
On the other hand I know that would just lead up to more ragequit campaigns 50 years in
>>
>>659741
>>>>>>>>>The DLC subscription service is really nice.
>>>>>>>>>This is my first time playing with all the DLCs, what am I in for?

HE BOUGHT THE GAME
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
kys
>>
>>672660
Bump
>>
>>674120
why do you bump? /vst/ is a slow board
>>
I want to play as an italian nation and run it like the mafia. who is the best candidate?
>>
File: 7HPzHb3.jpg (121 KB, 915x787)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
play anbennar its fun
>>
File: flagpost.png (67 KB, 239x169)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>674305
is there supposed to be so many missing flags?
>>
>>674000
It would be fine if backstabbing was part of an AI that would actually manage to simulate a state acting in its own best interest, but right now it's so full of shit that it would just add to the pile of annoyances. Alliances can get broken despite their strategic importance and 100 trust between nations because the AI took a mission that gave him claims and a -200 opinion modifier for "wants your provinces". The AI won't join your wars due to debt, but call you into offensive wars in the next month. Just to break your alliance right when you're attacked due to already being engaged in a war.

I just want to RP having a tight alliance sometimes, but working around the AI feels like babysitting a retarded child on speed. If the basics did work, backstabbing would be a nice addition to it.
>>
>>673148
sounds like they just dont want you as an ally for other reasons, but youd never have known if they hadnt gotten the union cb on you
>>
What's the penalty for removing a province from the HRE?
Game says it's damaging but doesn't give any specifics
>>
>>674305
Can confirm. Have there been any updates in the last year?
>>
File: eu4_2021-07-05_14-55.png (3.81 MB, 1920x1080)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB PNG
I never started a campaign in the spice islands. There anybody that starts here thats a bit more fun then others?
>>
>>675024
Sambas into Lanfang. Sinicize ALL the islands.
>>
>>675024
>Malacca
Fastest way to enjoy things, Hindu, Sikh, or Sunni.
>Brunei
Alt-Malacca
>Pasai/Aceh
Malacca if you could hit the Interest Per Annum floor
>Palembang
Pirate Republic
>Majapahit
Gimmicks
>Sunda
Gimmick-smasher that can easily get the island to itself.
>Philippines
Don't
>Ternate/Tidore
Look up the YT guide and abuse Australia.
>Sambas
Chinese Boer meme tag with good ideas.
>>
>>675027
>>675049
Thanks anon's. I think ill go with Malacca just cause its babies first time not just stopping by to colonize.
>>
>>674781
Emperor will dislike you. Maybe all memebers will not really sure. Anyway the opinion malus isn not that hard.
>>
Please recommend me some fun non-major countries.
>>
>>675171
>Ethiopia
>Mali
>Kongo
>Brunei
>Dai Viet
>>
>>675183
Ethiopia looks interesting.
>>
>>675185
>>675183
Also, any tips on how to survive Mamluks and Ottomans if I play Ethiopia? I'm not really good at the game.
>>
>>675171
>Adal
>Malacca
>Florence
>Champa/Oman
>Dai Viet
>>
>>675192
>Oman
Interesting because I've never play Muslim country before.
So it's either Ethiopia or Oman, what do you think?
>>
>>675223
Okay, so I decide to try a Muslim country, any recommendation other than Kebab and Mamluks?
Preferable in the middle east.
>>
>>675223
Oman basically gets to do funny Indian Ocean business before anyone else, save Hormuz and majors. I'd recommend them over Ethiopia any day.
>>
>>675233
I'm not good with trade though. How's Persia?
>>
>>675244
Should be good, but I've never played as them.
>>
Just had all my allies randomly pop a "domineering" attitude and drop me
Even the piss ant ones that couldn't dream of domineering me
The fuck?
What the hell causes this?
Is this just a built in fuck the player mechanic?
>>
>>675263
I got the same problem >>673148
It seems to cause by restoration of the union CB and they won't change attitude even if the CB expire.
>>
>>675266
It just 1444'd my save because all my allies bailed at once so my coalition fired and fucked me up good
Fuck this game, why do I keep coming back to it?
>>
File: videogames.webm (2.89 MB, 354x410)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>659741
who should i play in meiou & taxes if I want to expand slowly while building a very rich power base? Thinking of Switzerland but mountains make development very slow plus i'm not sure how to deal with the HRE.
>>
>>675291
Milan or Florence. Italian Peninsula is rich.
>>
File: Untitled.png (220 KB, 338x466)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>675285
Used to be worse when the Leviathan were just released.
>>
>>675285
The game is very buggy right now. It's best not to play Ironman so you can reload if you got bug
>>
>>675191
just blob immediatly to south arabia (yemen high coffee production provinces) and cuck kilwa of their gold but honestly its a bit hard because mamluks usually dow during their early golden era
they should buff attrition desu
>>
>>674329
small family mod team
just install the flag mod
>>
>>675191
Take the Horn of Africa and try to keep relations amicable with the mamluks. Eventually you'll get an event to buy weapons from Portugal and increase your morale by 30% which makes destroying the Mamluks easy.
>>
File: eu4_291.png (1.32 MB, 1600x900)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
Persia is easier to form than I thought. Timurids shat the bed so early.
>>
>>675374
btw, my early goal is to own all my core provinces, but what should be my long term goal?
>>
Be honest, how often do you play till the end date?
>>
>>675049
>>Majapahit
>Gimmicks

What gimmick is that? All i know about them is i get a popup from time to time about their decline when i start in the aera.
>>
>>674329
>>674836
Don't play the stream version, the one from the public fork on discord is WAYYYY better and massive amounts of more content including entire asia reigion and all the flags.
>>
>>675374
>>675375
Persia is such a fun country to play, Shia surrounded on all sides by Sunni and really have to carve out a nation for yourself. Long term goals would be all cores, Alexandria, all of Anatolia and constantinople, Georgia and caucusus mountain border, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Then blob from there as you like.
>>
>>659869
Try picking a random country each time your rules dies
>>
>>675440
>Start off in a civil war
>Get a CB to turn everyone into a tributary
>Another mission turns all of those tributaries directly into vassals
>Getting control of the archipelago gives you early Imperialism
>>
>>672967
You should start making preparations to follow your purpose: take baguette land via mission tree.
>>
>>674305
>Try a minor in the Empire
>All goes a little slow, neighbours have way better allies but manage to get some chunks of land
>Emperor decides to call me against the mages
>Get obliterated by a 26 pipe general with 12k stack
Yeah it's pretty fun
>>
File: 1601125900590.gif (87 KB, 654x368)
87 KB
87 KB GIF
>can't become emperor of China as the Golden horde
>>
>>675024
Majapahit is easy mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zGw2OewIk
>>
File: 1625591779231.png (9 KB, 133x34)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
What are some medium size countries that not too easy or too hard? I want to try Ironman mode.
>>
>>676105
define medium. Medium as in physical size or medium as in power base?
>>
>>676107
Both. between 5-10 province should be fine in case of losing a war.
>>
>>676110
personally I liked playing as Dai Viet or Ethiopia
>>
>>676105
poortugal but try whaling on castile
hungary is big but interesting
>>
>>676105
Muscovy into Russia is fun, challenging at times but still not really hard.
>>
>>676105
Smaller than what you want, but any of the low countries (especially HRE ones) are fun and usually safe enough to not rage quit ironman, while still being challenging to thrive with. Also access to both tall(merchant) and wide(colonial) playstyles.
>>
>>674305
I love just how ridiculous everything is compared to Vanilla. Most tags feel really different for that reason.
A shame that Leviathan made adventurers boring, both to play as and against. Conquering OPM adventurers ends up getting you a coalition across the face of not!Europe for two or three 5 dev provinces.

>>676160
Russia is either really hard or really easy, depending on how your game goes. I found that the MP meta of quantity->economic->quantity works wonders with them, since you can swamp the Commonwealth pretty easily and establish a good economy.
>>
File: Rolling-Dice-2.jpg (50 KB, 772x603)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>676113
>>676142
>>676160
>>676197
1,5,9 Ethiopia
2,6,0 Hungary
3,7,dub Muscovy
4,8,trip Holland
>>
File: Holland.png (70 KB, 900x600)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>676268
Holland it is then. Got any tips?
>>
>>676271
Get independence and full control of the english channel trade node as soon as possible to make infinite money. Also don't forget PU magic
>>
File: eu4_293.png (2.37 MB, 1600x900)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
>trust -1000
What?
>>
File: s22sxFz.jpg (143 KB, 1326x761)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>675606
mageistirum fucks, normally wex loses emperor so its best to never ally them unless your specific people

>>676223
yeah any tag with a MT feels so much cooler and has so much unique shit compared to vanilla.

also don't play on leviathan for the mod yet. its not even fully suppported yet.

public build on 1.30.6 is best (haless fork is best)
>>
Is the mandate mechanic any fun to manage? Was just wondering that while getting all the mingsplosion popups.
>>
>>676417
Can be, but it's mostly just unrewarding. Everything players use for flexibility in managing their country triggers Mandate loss. It's terrible to have to deal with.
>>
>>676342
Judging by the fact that youre playing Holland, im going to assume what happened is that you promised to give France land in exchange for your independence, then either reneged on the deal or didnt give them enough, so it lowered their trust below 50 and Im pretty sure if trust is below 50 they get a -1000 penalty to wanting to be your ally
>>
Did i miss something? I just formed Malaya from Malacca but instead of getting their ideas i just got the generic "national" ones.
>>
>>676434
I didn't promise them anything.
>>
>>676436
Small family company. Please understand.
>>
>>676436
The game is still quite buggy after the latest DLC.
>>
File: Ethiopia and Persia.png (151 KB, 1600x533)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
I can't decide. Which is more fun?
>>
>>659741
did they unfuck the latest patch yet
>>
>>676569
It's fine for the most part but there's still some bugs >>673148 >>675263 >>676436
>>
>>676551
Ethiopia in early game, Persia in mid game.
>>
>>676349
>also don't play on leviathan for the mod yet. its not even fully suppported yet.
>public build on 1.30.6 is best (haless fork is best)
I'm too lazy for that, so I just play on 1.31, even if it's broken and incomplete. It is a shame that the 1.31 fork doesn't have Haless in it, though.

>>676551
Play as Ethiopia and become Persia.
>>
File: 1590673725205.jpg (37 KB, 600x859)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>676679
>Play as Ethiopia and become Persia.
>A Coptic Persian Empire

Not him, But I have a new goal
>>
Is Dai Viet fun with the new update?
>>
Be honest, do you savescum?
I'm thinking about playing ironman but I'm scare that I'll fuck up.
>>
>>676828
>Be honest, do you savescum?
I used to savescum in EU3 and CK2 when I was learning to play. After that it's hella gay.
>>
>>676510
>>676521
Blah thats annoying. I was having a lot of fun with playing in the area too. I guess ill ditch that and return at a later date.
>>
>>676846
try reload and form them again, or did you play in Ironman?
>>
>Buy the base game on sale to get access to the steam workshop
>Pirate every DLC, even the ones I don't want to play with
I hate Johan.
>>
File: eu4.jpg (440 KB, 1600x900)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
Any ideas for fun custom nations?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (146 KB, 1266x488)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>676998
Oh, I didn't know there are achievement for custom nation too. Neat.
>>
>>676998
I always like to make a Non-Naval power in Tunis
>>
>>676828
Yes.
I have never played ironman and have zero achievements in any of the paradox games.
>>
>>676998
I like making LARP "what could have been" custom nations. Things like Thrace that survived into the Renaissance, or a Ptolemaic successor kingdom.
Early-game American colonies can be incredibly fun as well. Start in the Caribbean or North America, and form the USA 200 years early. Killing natives might be a nightmare nowadays, though.
>>
>>677005
Pushing into and through natives is easy. Colonization's actually faster now if you aren't scared of fighting multiple AIs.
>>
File: 20210707203820_1.jpg (696 KB, 1920x1080)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
My current Bengal > Hindustan run. What do you guys think?
>>
>>677265
Diplomatic map?
>>
File: 20210707215309_1.jpg (719 KB, 1920x1080)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>677295
>>
>>677304
nice
>>
>>677265
Hindu Britain when?
>>
File: 1609622789006.jpg (60 KB, 500x376)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>676998
Briton/Breton knightly order based on Arthurian legends
Gallo-Roman Épona worshippers with a heavy focus on cavalry
Baskonia Handia (Groß Baskonien)
Merchant Republic of Occitania
>>
>>676848
Normal mode. And i tried reloading and it always gives me national ideas annoyingly.
>>
I get frustrated with this game and the ridiculous, not even plausible things that happen that just get worse and worse with each release. Ottomans blobbing into Ukraine and Russia with 600k force limit in 1550 or whatever other dumb thing happens, France being super weak and gangbanged by England, Spain, and Austria, Denmark conquering scotland? Netherlands and Prussia never appear? and so on.

I see a need for a vicky 2 approach to alliances; GPs should only ally one other GP total. Particularly in Europe there needs to be a 'balance of power' system where the stronger a country is the less likely others will ally, and will form a defensive alliance against them (to model the holy alliance against the ottomans, the coalitions that fought louis xiv, the anti-spanish leagues, etc) so that there actually is a challenge to playing the game instead of just blobbing. and so that ottomans don't blob all the way into germany and everyone sits around with their thumbs up there asses because they only have 49 AE. This balance of power can probably be done on a continent-by-continent basis, except for east asia where the chinese emperor is accepted as the hegemon.
>>
>>664566
that's the challenge.
>>
>>668270
Charlemagnes capital, Aachen
>>
>>677374
Yeah, but EU4 audience loves to paint the map and hates any hurdles so this won't happen.
>>
>>659869
Whenever I don't know what to play I just play a game of Muscovy or Jianzhou, these 2 are always fun for me
>>
>>675824
>-5 stab,-50 legitimacy, -50 heir claim strength almost immediately from start
>2 separatist kingdoms by event eating half your territory
How do you survive that?
>>
File: forced shit.jpg (956 KB, 1920x1080)
956 KB
956 KB JPG
Why do paradox insist on making a colonization focus for EVERY European nation? I just wanted the AEIOU achivement...
>>
>>676828
I not only savescum, I outright cheat to get my achievements.
>>
File: otter 2.jpg (113 KB, 1188x1142)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>677567
get a level 2-3 stab cost advisor and put focus on admin
>>
>>676828
It's very hard to actualy, hopelessly fuck up, except if the AI totally destorys you in a coalition war. The shitty events are also more just annoyances than actual obstacles
>>
>Patch 1.31.5 comes out
>Drilling is locked by mil tech 3
>Except this means that you can only drill if your mil tech isn't above 3 rather than the opposite
Sometimes, I wonder at just how incompetent Paradox is
>>
File: uhmmhmmmm.png (150 KB, 441x387)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>677690
I don't know why drilling is even a thing. Military drill was lost with the fall of Rome, and it was excanged to peasnt levies with pitchforks and individualy dueling knights, and it wasn't revived until the 17th century, moreover the only non-European country that "invented" drill seperatly was Japan, idk why some Aztec junglemonkeys are able to drill... It should be locked to Western and High-American thecnology and for Japan after it gets unified, and even for them only enabled during the middle of the reformation. And it should give a more juice bonus, there is a reason why Native-Americans, Zulus, and Chinese were utterly btfod by European armies 1/10 of thier size
>>
>>677706
>And it should give a more juice bonus, there is a reason why Native-Americans, Zulus, and Chinese were utterly btfod by European armies 1/10 of thier size
Dumbest fucking thing to say.
>Native Americans
Fought colonists fairly consistently, even after a localized apocalypse, keeping settlers stuck on the East Coast for about 200 years.
>Zulus
Drilled their men more than most groups. They lost because they didn't have weapons to match those of their enemies.
>Chinese
Read the battle logs. They fought themselves more than they fought any outside group until the 20th century. Even within a single battle, they would pull back men who were too successful, force peasants to give up advantages, refuse to man gun batteries, and hide inside cities. This, in a country where, due to the fall of the Ming, the new government forbade settlement of the coastline. This gave Europeans free reign more than anything. Internal corruption affects battles, and that was the number one factor that brought down the Manchu-controlled China.
>>
>>677706
>he doesn't know about the abbo drills
Now that's bigoted.
>>
>>677724
>Dumbest fucking thing to say.
I meant the Army Professionalism lvl, that thing need better bonuses
>Fought colonists fairly consistently, even after a localized apocalypse, keeping settlers stuck on the East Coast for about 200 years.
I was thinging about Cortez beside those settlers were civillians not soldiers.
>Drilled their men more than most groups. They lost because they didn't have weapons to match those of their enemies.
(x) Doubt for the first part
>Chinese
Machu-China like most declining Empire was in denial, they were unable to comprehend the might of the Europeans, they still thought China is the center of the known world. For example they unironically thought that thier galleys will crush the British evnoy fleet in a show of might during the start of the opium wars. The Siege of the International Legations near the end of the Empire is also a good example for a failed show of might. True, they fought themselfs more, but they were phateticly weak compared to the Europeans and worse, they were absolutley oblivious to thier weakness.
>>
>>677614
The only time I've really savescummed was when my heir died and then my king died within a month later, putting me in a PU under France
>>
>>677775
>I was thinging about Cortez
That's actually worse. You're talking about Natives fighting Natives with Spanish siege support during a civil war. Most of the city-states pledged their fealty to the Spanish crown because, in their usual system, it just meant nobles had to show up to the occasional birthday or coronation, and pay minor tribute. The Spanish had to gradually gain control of the region over the course of the following century for that reason, being largely aided by the fact that each of their men carried a pandemic with them.
>(x) Doubt for the first part
They were hunter-gatherers who kept their men from breaking under high-volume gunfire. Guess how they managed that.
>Machu-China like most declining Empire was in denial, they were unable to comprehend the might of the Europeans
Wouldn't agree with that one. They were aware of their weaknesses, with their largest one being a European specialty, and could've easily managed more, had they not suffered constant betrayal, especially from commanders granting boons to their "enemy" mid-battle, like forcing peasants to give supplies or confiscating messages that'd alert other commanders.
>For example they unironically thought that thier galleys will crush the British evnoy fleet in a show of might during the start of the opium wars.
The Chinese had hardly touched even coastal waters since the mid-15th, when the Yongle Emperor ordered their fleets burned (to save money). This is where they were weakest, and it was largely a result of them being such a massive trade destination. Chinese shipping was redundant and unprofitable. It's also (indirectly) why the British declared the war in the first place.
>True, they fought themselfs more, but they were phateticly weak compared to the Europeans
No, the banner army system was just rife with corruption. Manchu administrations were insufficient to run China, even with Han help. Mere country boys drove back British army men using swords and wooden shields.
>>
>>677797
>1
hmkay, I belive you
>2
that's not drill, an english longbow-man peasent also praticed this mutch, but that's not military drill
>3
I'd like to remind you that the Chinese Emperor, despite being in very deep shit, got a pretty sweet deal from the British, but he threw it out of the window, because why in the fuck the son of heaven, the heavnly Emperror should compromise with the British barbarians? The delusion of the Emperror started the first opium war.
>4
yes
>5
that was probably the case, I don't really know how the banner army worked. Then again, this just show how superior the British marines were to the Chinese footsoldiers.
>>
>>677814
>hmkay, I belive you
Are you gay? Also, learn to spell.
>that's not drill, an english longbow-man peasent also praticed this mutch
Peasants had to be able to fire the weapon with proficiency. I'm describing men who practiced military maneuvers and remaining in-formation during combat, which carried over into their wars and got their name to reach us. That's military drill.
>I'd like to remind you that the Chinese Emperor, despite being in very deep shit, got a pretty sweet deal from the British, but he threw it out of the window, because why in the fuck the son of heaven, the heavnly Emperror should compromise with the British barbarians?
1.) Irrelevant.
2.) That's a Manchu, not a Han.
>that was probably the case
If you don't know, just don't comment.
>Then again, this just show how superior the British marines were to the Chinese footsoldiers.
Are you trying to argue something like the following?
Chinese militiamen > British Marines > Chinese Bannermen
If not, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.
>>
>>677818
>1
no you!
>2
How is that irrelevant? the head of the state escalte a conflict that leads to the downfall of china is irrelevant? Also my point was that they were in denial, how "That's a Manchu, not a Han." is relevant to this?
>3
I didn't
>4
no? All the Chinese soldiers > British Marines
>>
File: 1604493374677.gif (1.3 MB, 320x213)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB GIF
>>677822
>the head of the state escalte a conflict that leads to the downfall of china is irrelevant?
The downfall of China happened in 1644.
>Also my point was that they were in denial, how "That's a Manchu, not a Han." is relevant to this?
Your claim that they were "in denial" is baseless narrative-faggotry. Your claim was that they lost during the Opium wars because they didn't drill their men. They lost because their military actively worked against the interests of the country (possibly due to drug addiction), even when the head of state wasn't against the peasantry.
>no? All the Chinese soldiers > British Marines
...Okay then. Good day?
>>
>>677822
You appear to have the same level of understanding of the greater than sign that Paradox has >>677690
>>
File: 1582941461278.jpg (8 KB, 259x293)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>MMXXI
>Not building a colonial Empire as Dithmarschen
>>
>>677997
Stop giving me more saves to try I don't have this kind of free time
>>
Should I convert Persia to Zoroastrian?
>>
>>678238
yes
>>
>>678246
Any reason why?
>>
>>672222
You watch something on your phone or a second monitor.
>>
>>678256
Because Ahuramazda demands it
>>
>>678256
Make a nation where incest is legal
>>
>>677920
>The downfall of China happened in 1644.
Manchu bad, Han good
>2
Are you just pretending to be a retard or do you really lack reading comprehension? How the fuck is this baseless, that's literally happened. They lost because the Emperor didn't wanted to compromise with the Brits instead he went to wage a war he could not win and only realised what a retard he is when the Brits were about to siege Nanjing. Yes, drug addiction and corruption was bad, so bad that some forts were already deserted when the Brits go there, but instead of acting high and mighty, with some realpolitik this all could've been averted in the first place, atleast for a couple more decade to do preparations. The Emperor botched it, that's not a narrative, that's a fact. Now for the drill. I didn't say that, don't be a retard and don't put words in my mouth, what I said is that an army that practiced foot and weapon drill was significantly better, and that's why European armies were significantly better than any army in Asia, and that's why drill should be lock to either western thecnology or higher mill. tech.
>>
>>678381
>Manchu bad, Han good
It's learning.
>(Rant)
Anon, I'm not following you to the next goalpost. Drilling wasn't their problem. Corruption was. That's it. Their peasants were capable of beating the Europeans on land, and did so readily.
>Now for the drill. I didn't say that, don't be a retard and don't put words in my mouth, what I said is that an army that practiced foot and weapon drill was significantly better, and that's why European armies were significantly better than any army in Asia, and that's why drill should be lock to either western thecnology or higher mill. tech.
>and that's why European armies were significantly better than any army in Asia
So, now you're repeating the stupid statement that kicked this conversation off. I'm not looking to loop back through again, so stop responding, at least until you understand the following:
1.) You've already conceded
2.) You're a moron.
3.) Your proposal is shit and wouldn't even improve the game.
>>
>>678388
You really lack reading comprehension. Are you a chink or something? No way English is your first language.
>Their peasants were capable of beating the Europeans on land, and did so readily.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>1.) You've already conceded
No? There was no such thing, atleast I know you're not pretending to be a retard.
>2.) You're a moron.
Seeth more.
>3.) Your proposal is shit and wouldn't even improve the game.
It would you retard.
>>
Naples or Two Sicilies ideas? Im still a few admin tech away but i cant decide which to go with. Im not going full crazy expansion but just taking what things i can if something pops up if that changes anything.
>>
File: Screenshot_53.png (118 KB, 350x371)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
DIE ALREADY YOU OLD FUCKS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR ALMOST TWO DECADES
>>
File: 1623331870874.jpg (26 KB, 352x310)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
How do I stop save scum? It feel like cheating but I can't stop.
>>
File: Screenshot_55.png (299 KB, 701x299)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>678691
Milan's old fuck finally died at the ripe age of 73, granting me a PU, while Savoy's ruler died not long after. Of course, the Trastamara are blessed with long, long life.
I waited 25 years, it's finally over. Now how long would I need to wait to inherit Lorraine? He's 50 years old right now.
>>
File: 1597848795720.jpg (15 KB, 495x249)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>678691
>When you're about to create a PU but the king gets an heir at the age of 75
>>
File: pedodox.png (1.57 MB, 1240x652)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
#cancelpedodox
>>
Question, is the peasant Rebellion Casus Belli available for any neighbor or only for other HRE members?
>>
Outside of Poland who are some other cav focused nations to play?
>>
>>679550
Oirat
>>
>>679566
This. You can make armies of 100% cavalry
>>
Anyone ever come across a bug where an allied war leader simply won't end the war?
We've got Venice at 99%. I don't get what this fucker is waiting on
>>
>>679595
Just peace out separately and leave that fucker alone.
>>
>>678715
Go play a mod that's so bloated that you'll be stuck waiting for minutes every time you have to load your save and progress to where you left off.
>>
>be me
>be castile
>get restoration of union cb on portugal and naples through mission tree
>get ready to actually declare
>suddenly they're gone

Glitch or is shit like that not supposed to be permanent?
>>
File: Screenshot_56.png (2.28 MB, 1449x897)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>get absolutely mogged in league war
>stayed as catholic emperor
>all electors gone
Thanks for making it much easier to dismantle HRE, I guess.
>>
Got the A Hero's Welcome achievement, feels good.
>>
>>679672
I believe a restoration CB usually lasts 10 years, it's best to hold off on completing those missions until you're ready to declare war.
>>
Time to play venail
>>
Finally took a good stab at the leaked MEIOU and Taxes 3.0 alpha. For reference, I'm running this on a laptop with a slightly underclocked i7-8550 and only 8GB RAM.
I want to be wrong on some of these, so please correct me if I am.

Performance:
>almost complete use of working RAM on top of Windows bloat
>~7 minute game start time
>~2 minute load time after starting a new save or loading a save file
>01/01 and 07/27 pauses that take 1-2 minutes apiece to finish
I need to build a PC to actually play M&T 3.0 if it comes out...

Mechanics: Opaque. I don't have access to their secret wiki, so everything here is from the in-game interface.
>no way to build infrastructure directly from the province info window
>no way to know which provinces have been "selected" for infrastructure/taxes/industry decisions
>no indication of how mana in tax calculations are implemented
>no way to set priorities for the Delegated Tax Code system (i.e. why does it keep trying to maximize taxes and levies when my priorities could be different?)
I'm not even going to touch the economy and trade systems, I have a feeling those are meant to be a beast the player can't tame.

Good shit:
>BYZ is actually hard to play and requires a bit of luck with the insane WE and corruption they start with
>OTT and Muscovy expand fairly quickly without player intervention
>AI wars in general are unfucked from whatever 2.52 turned into
>wide variance in Timurid outcomes
>idea groups that actually affect M&T mechanics (CE, the economics system clusterfuck)
>next to no random events that slow the game down
>Province-level War Deaths display absolutely makes the pop system more fun to fuck with

Latent bugs:
>I got an estate privilege action to do nothing, probably because I gave it right before a monthly tick.

That's all for now, can't wait for the next leak.
>>
You can find everything you need to play the alpha (files, 1.30.6, crack) over at the friendly Russian forum.
>>
>>679828
Fuck's sake
If I get one more save ruined because the game didn't explain the mechanic I'm gonna lose my shit
>>
I hate Ottomans with quantity unless im playing a strong military country. I just dont know how you're supposed to win when there is 40 stacks of 30 wandering about.
>>
>>680087
By allying them and using them as a shield-and-bludgeon against everyone else.
>>
Is Kongo fun? I never play in Africa before.
>>
>>680325
Also, what to do after united Africa?
>>
>>680180
Sounds weird but are the Ottomans fun to play? I always figured they're just so strong that its not that fun.
>>
>>680087
In my most recent game as Muscovy->Russia, I found Ottomans were trashed pretty easily with just quantity ideas. You just need enough armies to reinforce consistently and good army comp, and you'll crush the Ottomans in no time.
>>
>>676105
I'm doing Provence right now, took most about 2/3 of France (i thought i was gonna inherit burgundy and i was letting them feast on france but austria got it and they were my biggest ally), 2/3 of italy, aragon/castile through PU, formed Jerusalem around 1550 and have since taken the Nile and reduced the Ottomans to about their modern day turkey borders as well as shoved them 6000 dollars into debt over the course of 4 wars. After I eat the ottos and finish the Jerusalem missions and bonues i was considering turning on Austria so i could eat my perma claims of France and Hungary, get new mission bonuses after forming France and maybe from Roman Empire.

tldr Provence > Jerusalem > France > Rome
>>
>>676828
My 4/6/6 ruler died at like 33 so I alt f4'd before the month was up and got another 25 years out of him
>>
How do I rollback to older version?
>>
File: Untitled.png (14 KB, 212x34)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>680514
Never mind.
>>
>>680338
I've never once played as the Ottomans. I wouldn't know.
>>
>>659741
>not pirating
>>
>>680335
Invade Europe of course
>>
Can you get ironman achievements on older versions? 1.31 hasn't been running as well as 1.30 was for me.
>>
>>681148
From a quick googled, yes you can, as long as the achievements existed in that version.
I was thinking about roll back too.
>>
>>681162
On the other hand, favor system is very convenient. Hmm... what should I do?
>>
Any tips for playing in ironman?
>>
did they fix the shitshow latest patch/dlc? havent really played any eu game since last year
>>
>>681798
It's "playable" now.
>>
Are any of the unique republics better then the rest? I was thinking of playing Milan but then i figured id ask to see if any of the other republics are fun as well.
>>
File: SEI_87095497.jpg (83 KB, 540x360)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>681815
Ambrosian Republic is probably the best. I was thinking about playing Milan too
>>
>>681798
I unironically haven't come across any glitches
>>
>>681821
I dont know why but lately ive been playing a bunch in Italy. Just a nice place to play. Did Florence a month or so ago and just wrapped up a Naples run.
>>
>>681731
I don't think I can give out any ironman tips. Like it just depends on what nation you're playing
>>
File: eu4_302.png (2.19 MB, 1600x900)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>681905
I'm kinda tired of Europe. Any advice for Kongo?
>>
>>681913
Try not to catch ebola
>>
File: ethiopia.png (392 KB, 463x460)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>681917
Kek. Well, maybe Ethiopia?
>>
>>681958
Dev for food
>>
>>681958
Ethiopia is fun as hell.
>>
>>659741
>>>>>>>>>>>>>HE PAYS FOR EU4
lmaooooo
kys
>>
>>674305
Is it updated to 1.31?
>>
What are some fun countries outside of Europe?
>>
File: eu4_2021-07-13_04-06.jpg (1.73 MB, 1920x1080)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
2 Russia questions. All this land im colonizing. Do i want to keep it a territory or turn it into trade companies? And any suggestions for possible marches instead of normal vassals to release? I never really know what makes for a good one of those.
>>
>>682404
The bitbucket version is
>>
>>683192
Keep it as territory. Finland is a good march. I also usually release Zaporozhie for historical reasons.
>>
>>683192
What map mod?
>>
>>683451
Voltaire's Nightmare.

>>683265
Thanks anon. I decided to take influence ideas as a change of pace from standard Diplo so i figure i might as well make use of it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (14 KB, 279x67)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Okay, I've made up my mind to play on Ironman.
My goal is to play till the end date. Wish me luck, /vst/
>>
>>684120
Unironically don't have that achieve yet
>>
>>683005
I usually play hordes, I prefer Kazan and Oirat.
Timurids->Mughals is quite fun too.
Some Indian countries could be fun. Sikh Punjab is what I played the latest and it was fun. Mewar is fun too, Nepal is apparently Eastern Prussia etc.
Africa is boring other than maybe Ethiopia.
Did you try playing in Japan?
>>
>>671279
Anyone know what map mod is this?
>>
>>684197
Red pill me on hordes
I've never played them because I don't know their mechanics and it intimidates me
>>
>>684120
Just enjoy your first run, learn as much as you can. It'll take days, even weeks to complete.
>>684201
Fast Universalis
>>
>>684197
>Did you try playing in Japan?
Yes, many years ago and don't remember most of it.
Maybe I should play Japan again. Which clan would you recommend?
>>
>>684202
Oh yeah I felt the same too.
I first played Great Horde to get the achievement and I raged quit a lot but learned a lot about how to play them.
Basically, you pretty much have to be in war all the time, you make money by looting and getting money from your enemies. It's a war economy pretty much. You have CB on everyone bordering you. You also do +25% shock damage on flat terrain (-25% on nonflat) which in early game is very, very dangerous for your enemies. You'll most likely always be outnumered but as long as you have shock general and stick to flat terraines you'll win battles easily. I did my first WC with Oirat and also a trick I remembered is that you can get tributaries and then if you declare on some OPM and offer to cancel tributaries you lose like I think (tributaries development) /4 AE. You dont even know how much easier everything became. I annexed most of Persia with this trick in about 20 years... Yeah, it's crazy.
Honestly I can write a lot about them but you should give it a try. I recommend Great Horde or Kazan first. You have an early war with Muscovy but as long as you stick to steppes and play defensively, the war is totally winnable. After that, just kill everyone lol.
Good luck!
>>
>>684206
I played Uesugi and Oda only.
Uesugi is one of the bigger ones, but I think ideas were meh idk. Oda on the other hand has very militaristic national ideas. After forming Japan, keep them and role play as liberator of Asia. Some people also play Shimazu, but I never did.
I just wish Japanese flag and color isnt so lame in game
>>
File: dfbkYTK.jpg (199 KB, 1552x908)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
probably the most painful run ive ever had
>>
>>684305
What mod?
>>
File: 20210713223612_1.jpg (427 KB, 1600x900)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
Here's my Provence campaign so far. Hope Rene would be proud.
>>
File: 0081-028.jpg (45 KB, 482x279)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>684348
>Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_
>>
>>684204
>Just enjoy your first run, learn as much as you can. It'll take days, even weeks to complete.
Thanks, any countries you'd recommend for first time ironman?

>>684195
I have around 200hr and only finished the campaign once.
>>
>>684364
mistakes were made
>>
>>684369
Ironman is not that big of a deal
Just play normally and try not to End Task
If anything I play ironman exclusively, just for the frequent autosaves
>>
I can't quite decide on what countries to play, anyone wanna help? So far I think of:
Any Japanese daimyo
Ayutthaya (has any one played them in this patch yet?)
Milan to Italy
Ethiopia
Tall Portugal colonial game.
Or do you have other fun countries to recommend?
>>
>>684572
I played Daiviet and just followed the mission tree
Completed it in 100 years, barring the tech locked ones and eating the mandate. The firdt war with ming is pretty intense and I won thanks to the vassals but eating them later on is kinda a slog
Quite fun, but the religions in the area is kinda annoying
>>
>>684572
Never mind, I know what to play next.
>>
>>684630
...Or maybe not. They looks like they won't have anything much to do for hundred of years.
>>
>>684572
I think I'll roll back to 1.30.6
It would be bad if I got bug late into ironman campaign.
>>
>>684342
Anbennar
this is in my current mp run with some friends.
>>
>>684348
Seeing people savescum in ironman make me wonder if I should bother with ironman at all.
>>
>>684840
Why not?
>>
>>684842
Because then it would be no different than playing on normal.
Good thing I don't know how to savescum in ironman.
>>
Is the Golden Ambrosian Republic worth it or should I just play Savoy instead?
>>
>>684846
alt f4 and go back to the auto save, it wont let you solve huge fuckups but you can tweak stuff
>>
>>659963
Yeah someone leaked the beta version which isn't that polished
>>
1-Ethiopia
2-Persia
3-Milan
4-Holland
5-Ayutthaya
6-Japanese Daimyo
7-Tribal in North America
8-Aboriginal in Australia
9-Mewar
0-Custon Nation
>>
>>684976
It's time!
>>
>>684976
Japanese Daimyo is cool but I find it really hard to do it in time to get Colonialism
>>
File: 1615653485752.jpg (606 KB, 1920x1080)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>posted in the wrong thread
What decides where centers of reformation spawn? Is this bad luck or something I triggered?
>>
>>684993
...I just bankrupt. Maybe Daimyo is too advance for me.
>>
Can you roll dice in other boards other than /tg/?
>>
>>685047
Not as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>685037
Play uesugi, abuse the loan privilege for cheap loans and the 3 mana privileges
It's okay to not get colonialism, just force it as usual
>>
>>685011
>right next door
Just eat them dude
>>
>>660121
>Denmark into England into France into Manchuria into Qing
And that's why I don't play EU4.
>>
>>685011
The first one for each branch is """random""". Next two appear at captials of first nations that choose to convert.
As for the """randomness"" of the first spawn, it's been proven many times (from the discussions on the official forums) that it targets the player in the sense that it usually spawns very close to your capital whenever in Europe you are.
When not playing in Europe it tends to target both nothern and southern Germany most of the time, sometimes it appears in France or England. I saw it spawn in Iberia once (when I was playing Portugal, what a coincidence) and multiple times in Italy. Never ever did I see it spawn in Scandinavia because why would it, right?
You can destroy CoR and it is very advisable if you are playing Pope or lead the Empire.
>>
>>685069
*wherever
Also I forgot to add that Bavaria has a resistance to conversion NI that SHOULD lower the chance of CoR converting their land but Pdx is absolutely incompetent and the bonus actually acts the opposite way as an attractor so Bavaria usaully ends up being targeted first of all HRE.
>>
Roll again, this time for sure!
1,6-Venice
2,7-Holland
3,8-Tribal in North America
4,9-Papal
5,0-Mewar
>>
>>684348
Dude just pirate the DLCs
>>
>>685086
Any tips for Venice? I've always want to try playing them, but they look complicated.
>>
>>685059
To add, my economy didn't stabilize after I eat Ashikaga and force colonialism. Until then I was running up loans and keep activating and revoking the loans privilege. During the final war the gov type was changed and I almost hit the loans ceiling. It went back to normal after I won, but I was sweating bullets.
Overall it's really fun
>>
>>685094
could do the aragon strategy
>no cb byzantium in 1444
>>
>EU4 is casual
I don't even know what to do with estates. Man, I'm so bad at this game.
>>
>>685172
Just play for more than 2 hours and you'll eventually learn.
>>
>>682404
Yes, but you'll have to do some manual patching yourself to get it working. Dwarf holds won't upgrade manually unless you modify the event code, and armies can't drill because you have to add may_drill=yes to tech level 3.
If you don't want to deal with jank like that, use the 1.30 version or wait for an official 1.31 version to come out.
>>
>>684305
What was the worst part for you? The adventurer armies or the disasters?
Also
>Admin tech 14
That must have been a lot of blobbing and stab boosting.
>>
Im trying to do 'Naval pope' in a multiplayer game, you got any advice?
>>
>>685172
Just ignore them
Or read this
https://amp.reddit.com/r/eu4/comments/hqkj3z/estate_guide_for_130_v1/
>>
>>685093
eh i just get the ones that have features i care about
>>
File: Sdy8HHZ.jpg (176 KB, 1117x805)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>685229
its the new rianvisa disaster its so brutal.
the constant like 100k+ rebels then when your advisers all rebel split you into 4 countries all at war with each other. i didnt have much trouble with adventures but i had lots of problems with lorent, gawed and bjarnrik all going colonization and fighting wars against me when i was trying to still form aelnar

(i know you can avoid it but each leader has a unique MT stuff so i wanted to see what they were like) ended up going with the heroine path.
>>
>>685338
Most of those disasters can be brutal. I think they were made by a sadist, especially since they can trigger even if other disasters aren't going on.
The dwarf ones will kill your economy and stack, so you can get a plague of death, a corrupt economy, and foreign invaders all at once.
>>
>>685345
the new cave goblin one for their formable is hilariously evil.
>>
File: eu4_307.png (1.09 MB, 1600x900)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
Try Oda again, this time went better than expected. Lots of debts though. Might bankrupt soon.
>>
File: London_VU.jpg (247 KB, 1553x873)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>685266
nigger, it's literally free. Check out this based Ottoman roack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pcRw9lwqa8

Also what's your opinion of Victoria Universalis, guys? Pretty hot stfuu if I may say so myself, really makes me wonder why a buch of literally who modder makes better content than the game developer
>>
>>685410
*victorium
im retarded.
>>
>>685410
What's that? Never heard about it and all I can find googling is Vic2 mod not EU4 mod.
>>
>>685047
/qst/ and /tg/ only I think.
>>
Are horde fun? I heard they have gimmick.
>>
>>685348
>Dwarf Intifada
>>
>>681731
Play as france. Theyare strong enough that you can fuck up many times but still recover.

t. Over 1600 hours of ironman france
>>
>>679595
Yeah, happens a lot. Especially sucks since you'll get hit with Call for Peace and the AI doesn't.
>>
>>680338
I don't like playing as them since they're too overpowered in the hands of a player.
>>
File: eu4_2021-07-14_18-31.jpg (1.69 MB, 1920x1080)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
Am i stupid to think about getting Expansion as my next idea and slide into Alaska and maybe dip into the spice islands?
>>
>>685787
No. Not at all. Also don't forget about Manchuria.
>>
just finished an oirat wc run
did the beginning really sloppily - declared on ming with the wrong cb multiple times, didn't shake them down for money at all, acted way too timidly in terms of accumulating ae in order to avoid juggling coalitions, didn't abuse terra incognita nations not getting AE due to being slow, only formed mongol empire by the late 17th century, yet still comfortably finished the wc before 1780 hit
if anyone here doesn't have the achievement yet, wc as oirat is pretty easy to get as it turns out
>>
>>685856
here screenshot
also, 1788 is the end date as it turns out
stab is shot because i got tired of waiting and trucebroke like 9 times by the end
>>
>>685410
Is it out? Last time I was in the discord it was in progress
>>
>>685857
fug, wat culd hab been :DDDD
>>
>>685440
I fucked it up, I meant Victorium Universalis
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2493326161
>>685864
it's out for a while now
>>
>>686084
That mod page reeks of reddit-tier faggotry. What's the big idea behind the mod? Why does it exist?
>>
>>679883
>>no way to know which provinces have been "selected" for infrastructure/taxes/industry decisions
This is not true, you have some of the map 3d models turned off. There should be a thumbtack on all selected provinces.

>no indication of how mana in tax calculations are implemented

Half true. If you look in all your provinces you can see things like low medium or high land tax.

>no way to set priorities for the Delegated Tax Code system (i.e. why does it keep trying to maximize taxes and levies when my priorities could be different?)

If your priorities are different you can choose to manually control it...? Other wise it spends the monarch points you give in the most efficient manor.
>>
File: pins - Copy.png (2.07 MB, 1825x745)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>686422
pic related for the first part. Turn "Ambient objects" on
>>
>>679883
Have you been able to figure out how commerce works? It seems to fluctuate at random and I have no idea how to positively influence its profitability
Someone needs to leak that wiki because so much of this shit is absolutely arcane
>>
>>686457
Commerce Fluctuating is intended atm. It makes money in waves, but will at some point be reworked.
>>
>>686422
>This is not true, you have some of the map 3d models turned off. There should be a thumbtack on all selected provinces.
Thanks, and it also turned out that I was using the button for changing the page for the province displays, too. They're all labeled "Select Province," which is really confusing.

>Half true. If you look in all your provinces you can see things like low medium or high land tax.
I can see taxes and levies just fine. The problem is that I can't figure out where the mana necessary for a given amount of ducats and manpower is calculated.

>If your priorities are different you can choose to manually control it...? Other wise it spends the monarch points you give in the most efficient manor.
Fortunately, I can just select all provinces and just deselect the ones I want to keep taxes low in, but I still want to see if I can larp as a universally low-tax low-conscription country in the lategame without having to redo all the tax buildings.
>>
>>674305
What BitBucket version do I get if I want 1.30 version?
>>
File: depression_0.jpg (69 KB, 425x283)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
I only wanted one thing. Kamehameha in Hawaii in a later start date.

They took that from me.
>>
File: men-stressed-out.jpg (115 KB, 1300x957)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Playing in ironman is STRESSFUL
>>
>>686721
Ironman is a meme
>>
>>686721
So you play a peaceful game as the Thirteen Colonies to experience peak Manifest Destiny
>>
>>684348
Why didn't you just play on normal if you were going to savescum that much
>>
>>686721
Ironman mode teaches a man a lot about life
>>
>>686628
>I was using the button for changing the page for the province displays,

Use the "A" key for that.

>The problem is that I can't figure out where the mana necessary for a given amount of ducats and manpower is calculated.

Ah. That doesnt exist. I don't think its in the version you have but AI now budgets how much manpower they tax based on their income so that might go to players at some point.

> I still want to see if I can larp as a universally low-tax low-conscription country in the lategame without having to redo all the tax buildings

I can almost say for certain that will never exist. Making the code have an option to purposely be inefficient is just extra work that isnt needed or wanted right now. Kinda ironic that someone who is using a leak because development is taking to long wants entirely frivolous feature added. Just manually control your taxes if you want to keep them low.
>>
>>686779
I went in with good intentions and one small tweak became another one and another one and now I'm left feeling hollow
>>
File: spec ops the line.png (183 KB, 500x281)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>686991
>>
>>686841
Thanks, it was just something on my mind after playing a week ago.

Now, for something actually useful: Do estates actually ask for privileges (Privilege Desire) or is that unimplemented? I don't know if I've played for long enough to know for sure.
Watching my income crater because of Provincial Corruption after reforming the Bureaucracy is fun, too, I guess. I wouldn't mind the corruption cap being a bit more punishing to discourage players from actually hitting it, but if that fucks certain AI countries, it should stay put.
>>
In the MEIOU alpha does infrastructure have any affect on trade?
Upgrading harborage/pathing in my trade ports seems intuitive but I'm not sure if it's actually having any affect. The only surefire way of increasing trade power I've found is investing in commerce and waiting for throughput to stabilize
>>
File: Use your eyes.png (267 KB, 584x374)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>687280
Generally you can keep commerce at like 50% throughput to keep it attracting immigrants .
>>
Another MAYO n Texas question
How long does it generally take to produce a rank of infrastructure?
>>
File: 1626466190178.png (443 KB, 567x536)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>687381
My tooltip doesn't show that effect, no idea why
>>
>>659741
You just paid $400 for an outdated game that’s about to be replaced.
>>
>>687405
>$400
Only $3
>>
>>687411
>Only $3
Per month. And you don't own anything.
>>
File: moving-goalposts.jpg (95 KB, 756x567)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>687467
Playing every day for a month is more than enough to satisfy my EU4 craving for half a year.
>>
File: 1586645911978.png (1.86 MB, 1673x2160)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>>687479
Yeah, I do that too. For free.

Dunno why do you think I'm the other guy, guess being unable to tell between different Anons comes with being a retarded paypig.
>>
File: 1599076178233.jpg (43 KB, 631x478)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>687481
Without people like me who pay them you wouldn't have a game to pirate. You should be grateful.
>>
>>687484
t. proud cuck
>>
>>687484
C U C C
U
C
C
>>
>>687400
Probably cause your on an older version? Unsure

>>687383
Depends. It builds in sections and "purchases" labor slowly. Once it reaches 0 it starts the next section.
>>
>>685169
I've done this with a bunch of nations but desu I don't really get it
It's not a magic Otto-killer button
Wtf are you supposed to do after that?
>>
what percent of your games do you think you make it until 1821? Either out of boredom or suicide
>>
>>687620
1000 hours never hit the end date
>>
>>687620
only time i actually hit it was one of my first games, a portuguese exile to the americas. the only other time i came close was a fun japan>emperor of china on very hard where the ai mughals had blobbed to a nightmare size and declared a total war every couple of decades to try and take over china
>>
How do you win a coalition war?
Without the ability to separate peace, we're just going back and forth pointlessly at roughly 0% war score
>>
>>687770
occupy the war leader so he gets war exhaustion and wants to drop out
win battles to get warscore
>>
Why does it let me name my heir sometimes but othertimes not?
>>
Is there a crusader state thats a little eaiser then the others? I just saw the Crusader State mission tree and it looks pretty fun. But i have no idea who i should try to play as.
>>
>>687848
Some government types allow you to pick every time (eg Ottomans, Mamelukes, most republics), but in most cases you will receive an autogenerated one without your input. If you ever get an event like “Talented and Ambitious Daughter” or “Lux Stella” that is the result of a specific event firing.
>>
>>687884
Knights is the easiest since you got an infinite source of money and are an Island.
>>
>>688046
don't listen to him you're going to get TURKED

play as Provence > Jerusalem
>>
>>688102
thats not a crusader state thats a french minor with meme missions
>>
>>667010
>optimizer script
How do you run it?
Is it in-game or in the mod folder or something?
>>
>>688135
I think the version you have is already parsed.
>>
>>688046
>>688102
Isnt the easiest Cyprus if you let yourself get vassalized by the Mamluks then take a bunch of land with help from the Ottomans in an independence war?
>>
File: long korea.jpg (606 KB, 2335x961)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
Is EU3 still worth playing these days? I'm getting kinda bored of EU4 now.
>>
>accidentally declared war
ironman save ruined i hate myself
>>
>>689014
>he doesnt savescum ironman so hours of gameplay dont dissapear at a missclick
>>
>>689132
>savescum ironman
Why not just play on normal?
>>
>>689135
who cares, I want achievements
>>
File: Untitled.png (291 KB, 561x774)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>689150
Why not just use achievement unlocker, then?
>>
File: map virgin.png (610 KB, 597x751)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>689152
I don't know what that is, and I don't care for it. I'm just playing my game. Stop trying to teach me a life lesson from a map game you map coomer.
>>
>>689014
Try to be less autistic and maybe you'll have fun
>>
File: eu4_2021-07-18_10-58.jpg (1.96 MB, 1920x1080)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
This is when Milan is the most fun. You beating up somebody in Italy while the outside allies bash their heads into a wall trying to get in.
>>
>>689424
>non ironman
How do you control yourself not to reload at the slight mistake? I can't and it would make me bore in the long run.
>>
File: 1517041781418.gif (3.73 MB, 460x258)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB GIF
>>688957
I just tried it. The game is still good as I remember with some aspects that I think better than EU4.
But too bad I got spoiled by QoL improvement in EU4 that I can't stand playing EU3 now.
>>
>>689491
Have a basic level of self control. Are you fat out of curiosity?
>>
>>689491
try something like switching to a random nation every 25 years or at election/ruler changed
could help since you will know that mistakes will not matter much since you will play as something different soon anyway
>>
>>689424
Do you have tips for Miland? Do you trigger Ambrosian republic? Who're your allies?
>>
>>689698
Not him, but you really have to roll with the diplomatic situation since it's very common for your neighbours grab very powerful allies very early.
>>
>>688102
Isn't half the fun from the challenge?
>>
>>689698
Im the worst person to ask for tips cause frankly im very meh at the game. I had to restart several times with Milan over the last few months cause i kept getting locked politically with shitty alliances or my expansion opportunities getting blocked by stronger alliances so i would go play somebody else for a bit. Things just managed to work out my way this time around so i was able to get things going my way. Also, I dont know if this is a popular opinion or not but i love taking innovative early when playing in Italy since all those countries have various tech/dev/advisor or idea cost reductions that can really stack nice with that group. At around the time of that pic above i was making 40 ducats a month in income while running the 3 full cost level 3 advisors only costing 2 and some change in the pic. And it just snowballs since you are so ahead on tech you got lots of mana to spend on dev.

But i can say to take the Ambrosian Republic cause it has a really short reelection timer and its very easy to have 6/6/6 rulers most of the time. Although ive heard if you're going full agro the military dictatorship you can get during the disaster is great as well.
>>
how do i exodus into ireland as novgorod? i have sold off most of my provinces and have two irish minors as my vassals, i dont know what to do next
how do i core that shit
>>
>>690359
you can core next to your vassals land, along with integrate them.
>>
>>687405
I currently own it for the wondrous price of $0
>>
>>690391
poorfag
>>
>>689163
>micro manage
>pic show automatic front planner
>>
File: eu4_292.png (484 KB, 811x390)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
S-should I?
>>
>>690857
Yes and if you dont wanna lose hours of your life to a misclick just make a copy of the save file before every war. I personally cant even count the amount of times I fucked up a peace deal or just the CB itself wich would have basically ended my run.
>>
>>690857
what country?
>>
>>690922 (check)
Ajam
>>
kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeNaMUm2rLY&ab_channel=MasterofRoflness
>>
File: 1616986836441.jpg (58 KB, 720x417)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>691113
Inspired me to play as Çağatay
>>
just played as bulgaria in Ante Bellum mod, fun stuff. and the subjugation cb is over powered when there many nations bordering you.
>>
File: Bulgaria.png (2.72 MB, 1920x1080)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
>>691633
my game
>>
>>687620
Never +1
I did it once for the achievement long ago (Russia into Master of India into Silk Road went on long enough where it seemed convenient). Now I'm only doing targeted runs and once I hit my goal I stop. I don't think I would even let it ride if I achieved my goal 20 years before the end, it's just a waste of time for no benefit.

>>689014
Happened to me once where I was just checking out alliances and absent-mindedly clicked on declare instead of backing out. Trust me, it won't happen again. I've been obsessively checking every button on that screen ever since.
Also, I think Alt+F4 is completely fine for misclicks and I wouldn't even count it as savescumming (unlike doing backups and rolling back if things don't work out).

>>689491
The problem is in your head, not in your savegame. I savescum (even ironman) when I think it saves me time. When do some whacky OPM start you can lose and restart 20 times until you hit all your low-chance triggers (good alliance, good rivals, decent general, maybe some event). Or you can reload a few times wasting about a 10th of your time. Once I'm established I tend to roll with the punches. Game is easy enough when you guarantee yourself a good earlygame. Savescumming after that just wastes your precious time.
>>
How complete is Anbennar?
>>
>>692738
If you mean compatibility-wise, the Steam workshop version can't run on 1.31 yet, but the devs are changing that now that 1.31.5 has made Leviathan mostly bug-free. They're trying to finish up minor fixes and stuff, aiming to release this weekend.
If you mean in terms of the world, the equivalents of Europe, the Middle East, the big Central Asian steppe, India, and North America seem to be the places with content.
>>
I'm playing the MEIOU alpha and AI army comps seem a bit absurd (massive overproduction of cav). Is this a vanilla issue? Is there some value I can change in a lua to fix it?
>>
Anyone else here play The Elderscroll Universalis Mod? It's not bad.
>>
>>692800
You might notice that cav is currently the cost as infantry, along with most ai having aristocratic ideas. Those 2 things combine into alot of cav. Mechanically speaking your ideal play is to ignore infantry/cav ration and use 100% cav but thats kinda gamey.
>>
>>676828
I recommend you learn the game in Ironman. Makes you learn what you did wrong and how to fix it.
Anytime I play in normal mode with the intent of savescumming I end up just doing it once maybe twice.
>>
>>685172
>Man, I'm so bad at this game
It's very simple. Number go green means good, number go red means bad.
>>
Mercantilism is right!
>>
>>692906
A slight loosening of the policy might be the answer.
>>
>>692785
Yeah, it was content-wise, thanks.
>>
That is why it is called free trade.
>>
File: bfd.jpg (206 KB, 1251x1162)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>NOOO YOU CAN'T PIRATE THE GAME Y-YOU HAVE TO BUY IT Y-
It is just merchants.
>>
Mercantilism is overrated
>>
File: 1624524578632.jpg (32 KB, 600x883)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I don't get, why does my ally England just park the bus on their island with their 60k stack while my war target's ally, Spain, moves trough entire europe just to fuck my shit up?
>>
>>693109
I think the AI is just programmed to not ship troops overseas to help a human ally. They'll help an AI ally though.
>>
Too much effort to learn how to play efficiently. I just noodle about with it here and there. I'm filling my needs with watching let's plays. Any recommended ones?

Currently watching Aldrahill's France WC
>>
>>693109
England is hard-coded in every Paradox game to not assist allies and betray all of their deals. It's a historical realism thing.
>>
>>676828
No, I actively look down on people who do.
>>
Which DLCs are must have in order to get the most out of this game?
>>
>>693202
Most of it. If you don't want to pirate for whatever reason just use the subscribe DLCs service and wait for sale.
>>
>>693202
>>693203
Agree. The amount of dlcs that don't have atleast 1 core feature is minimal. If you are morally against both pirating and subscription services you need to revaluate your own self importance.
>>
>>693205
Name me a single core feature in Emperor
>>
>>693206
I did say that they were minimal, but I am sure there are some people who prefer new hre or pope. But if I had to name 1 core feature it would be provoke rebellion.
>>
File: 1315199137977.jpg (129 KB, 495x738)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>693202
The "DLCs" are nothing but paid fixes and content patches, so you need all "to get the most out of this game".

I advise piracy.
>>
>>690391
Based
>>
>>693202
All of them. If you really prioritize, I'd say
>Common Sense (developing provinces and government ranks)
>Wealth of Nations (trade capitals)
>Res Publica (National focuses)
>Art of War (army templates, revoking cores, giving occupied provinces to war allies)
>Cossacks (better culture changing, horde gameplay, diplomatic controls)
>Rights of Man (Great power system, monarch personality traits, government types)
>Mandate of Heaven (diplomatic macro)
>Cradle of Civilization (army professionalism, exploit development, level 4 and 5 advisors)
>Dharma (upgrading centers of trade)
>Leviathan (Concentrate development, centralize state, and pillage capital)
Which is basically all the DLC, since Paradox will lock 90% of its QoL mechanics behind DLC or give DLC pay to win mechanics (such as with Leviathan).
>>
Which Big 4 is the best to form Italy with in your opinion?
>>
File: 1614657151145.webm (1.93 MB, 270x480)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB WEBM
>>693264
Savoy for the admin efficiency via missions, Milan for the busted government type, Florence for ideas, Naples for early expansion.
Overall I'd say Naples is easiest just because you can become the biggest land and second biggest naval power in Italy after a quick war for your cores against Aragon. After that it's trivial to roll over everything to your north. But in the long term you'd be better off picking any of the other countries imo. Depends on the kind of game you're playing.
>>
>>693202
if you're buying the DLC for some reason instead of pirating and are actually concerned about budget, the most important ones are Art of War, Common Sense, and Rights of Man.

but really, what you should do is just pirate the DLC, and do not use Rule Britannia, Golden Century, or Leviathan as they actively make the game worse. Mare Nostrum is also debatable as Raid Coasts is a terrible annoyance mechanic if you aren't playing a country that can do it, but it includes some important features.
>>
File: Netherlands.png (3 KB, 800x533)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
I'm thinking about playing Netherlands where I will expand only in Low Countries and then colonize.
My problem is I don't know what to deal with the Burgundian inheritance. Austria always get it and they're super strong.
>>
>>693264
>>693279
I'm not sure Naples is all that nice of a start. My Naples game was on 1.25 so things might be different now, but here are some notes:
You start as a subject which already sucks enough, but you have a truce with your overlord as well. Common rivals of Aragon were France, England and Hungary. All completely useless as France and England get tied up in their event war and Hungary usually goes to war in Poland. Castile would be a nice supporter, except half the runs they go to war with Aragon over Navarra which also pulls you in and gives Castile a long truce with Aragon. And through all of that you're on an RNG clock since the Iberian Wedding not only takes away a major ally (Castile) but reshuffles your overlord's rivals, meaning you'll probably have to start from scratch diplomatically. I don't know how you call that mess good for "early expansion", the first decades are locked down getting independence and hoping the wedding doesn't fire before you get Sicilly. After that admittedly you have good options with Tunis and Ragusa and eventually Greece, all independent from the Catholic HRE hugbox in northern Italy.
Expanding North will immediately put you on the bad side of the Pope (if it hasn't already since Pope and Aragon tend to get allied), which is never great as a Catholic. Also Shadow Empire likely hasn't fired yet so you'll get massive AE with half the HRE even just taking 2 or 3 provinces a war (they have obscenely high development after all). It's coalition central and much earlier than usual.

It was interesting, but not as fun or overpowered as it seems just looking at a 1444 map. I went Protestant and could form Italy around 1595 iirc. League War was fun, although I vividly recall force-converting the Knights and then they ended up Emperor after the war with a single Protestant elector left, so I held off on forming for like 15 years until the Knights' ruler croaked and I was elected, just for fun (forming kicks you out anyway).
>>
>>676828
Yes, fuck Paradox, if I wanted to be forced to live an entire game without changing whatever fuck up happened, I'd play with meself
>>
how do i manage gov capacity
>>
>>693580
I don't know what to say, in all three of my recent runs I've been able to either get an easy independence war against Aragon or have Castille help me beat them up on promise of land once the PU breaks through event (don't remember if this was a thing before 1.30). Whether or not it came down to luck, I always felt like I at least had multiple angles of attack to work with.
Either way, I stand by my claims that Naples is a good pick for early and easy expansion compared to the other countries listed. It's really nice to be able to swipe what you can from Greece right away, maybe even no-CB vassalizing Byzantium, and it's useful to have an early connection to Tunis during those early years before they inevitably ally the Ottomans. With the force limit you have after getting your cores, Venice can also be pounced on when they're caught up with a war in the Balkans. And then Naples' 1.30 mission tree gives you free claims on all of Aragon once you take the Balearic islands, depending on how lucky you are with the Iberian Wedding you can take Catalonia or Valencia, maybe even everything if it doesn't fire. That's a lot of land you can go after before the Shadow Kingdom triggers, and at that point you'd be ready to blitz your mission claims and take everything needed to form Italy from there.
What I think makes Naples the easiest of those four nations is that there are a lot of directions you can go if your initial plans don't work out. Whenever I play Florence or Savoy I find there's just less opportunity to do anything if you get locked down by an unfortunate web of alliances. Of course, getting your independence and your cores back is the most important step, but whether through luck or how EU4's changed since 1.30 I've had no problem with it.
>>
>>693767
1. Expand
2. Build State houses
3.??????
4. Profit
>>
>>693767
ignore it, by the time you get large enough to actually hit ~4k+ capacity AE no longer matters
>>
File: eu4_2021-07-22_15-20.jpg (1.88 MB, 1920x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
This is a new one for me. Not only is it a little worrisome that France managed to get troops onto mainland England and the snowball i will have to deal with but the emperor Augsburg got the Burgundian inheritance(not too rare mind you). Then im guessing they inherited the entire thing or did this while still under PU, i cant tell, and proceeded to completely dismantle the area and spit out every possible country as princes and not vassals.
>>
>>659869
/ethiopia/ - Land of the coptic bvlls
>>
Why does Paradox suddenly care about multiplayer? don't most people play with a mod that balances most shit?
>>
>>694269
They exclusively balance the game around their multiplayer dev clashes
>>
>>694130
why's gascony a thiccie
>>
File: eu4_2021-07-22_23-17.png (865 KB, 556x909)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>694302
France just kept feeding them. Wont be around much longer though.
>>
>>694444
RIP
>>
thoughts on beyond typus
I’ve been playing it a lot and found it to be my go - to mod
I love most things about it except absolutism changes
>>
File: 1623948541562.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>694205
>>
Is Ethiopia really that fun? I keep seeing people recommend them.
>>
>>694847
yes. Coptic is interesting since you can basicaally declare holy war against everyone. You have the option to either expand into Southern Africa, or Go into The Med, or go into Southeast Asia, or conquer India if you're looking for some real wars.
>>
>>694851
>>694847
Also, between Ethiopia's ideas and the Coptic bonus of -10% cost to core they can expand easily. Especially if you also get Administration ideas
>>
>>694851
I'll need religious idea group for holy war CB, right?
Also, isn't Coptic Christian?
>>
>>694858
yes and yes
>>
>>694847
It's a fun run for sure, but nothing groundbreaking. It's fairly easy and accessible since you're the regional top-dog by default (which is good since everyone around you is Muslim). I played it some years ago for the achievements. Ally Ottomans to take down Mamluks together, then backstab them. Should be done with Prester John well before 1600. A nice compact and chill run.
>>
Anyone figure out how to lower city taxes in meiou alpha? I can increase them by building the buildings, but when I destroy the buildings the january 1st script rebuilds them.
>>
File: thinking blue man.jpg (154 KB, 848x781)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
bros I feel sad that I won't have time to waste on this game in the near future, it has been a joyous ride.
>>
File: moondola.jpg (50 KB, 351x496)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>695247
>being free from map game
Oh how I envy you.
>>
To all the bros who like playing eu4, you'll enjoy reading Utopia by Thomas More
>>
>>695240
You turn automatic taxes off...? One of your decisions is like automated tax delegation.
>>
File: cut.png (418 KB, 853x374)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
How can I play the torrent version of the game with mods? I can start the vanilla game just fine, but it seem I need to use the launcher for mods? I've used the crack, but it still gives this message.
>>
did you put them in the mod folder in your Paradox Inrteractive/EU4 folder?
>>
>>696044
Use ParadoxosModManager
>>
>>696044
Gotta pirate the launcher too.
>>
>>696044
Bro your creamapi?
>>
>>696044
Try this - find your launcher-settings.json file in the eu4 folder, open it with a notepad and change:
"distPlatform": "steam" to "distPlatform": "gog"
>>
>>693109
They helped me with an independence war as Sweden in the newest patch by deploying their guys in Scandinavia.
>>
>>691643
What are your flag mods? Looking to replace the Venetian one in particular and quite a few others.
>>
>>696927
>>693109

It's very hit or miss, but in my experience AI England seems to be better at getting troops to Scandinavia than they are to France or Iberia
>>
>>688533
pls gib the optimized version, i'll show you my cat
>>
>>684305
>See this post
>Decide to do this because it looked fun
>That disaster

welp, the fun had to end somewhere.
>>
File: 20210725224350_1.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
I'm doing a run as an HRE minor (Dithmarschen) for the first time and I need advice. The Reformation is here and half of my provinces have been converted and the Religious Unrest disaster is approaching as a result. Bremen is a Reformed Center of Reformation to boot.

I don't want to convert to Protestant yet for two reasons:
1. I've already accumulated quite a bit of AE and I still need to do a lot more expanding before I can make use of my unique missions then finally form Prussia
2. I'm afraid if I do some major like France or Castile might take DotF.

But is resisting the Reformation in this situation even feasible? My economy would be wrecked and I'd be dealing with a lot of revolts.
>>
>>697450
You should worry less about DOTF in 1.31.5. Its almost never taken now.
>>
>>697715
>>697715
>>697715
>>697715

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.