[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 234324.png (1.62 MB, 1422x800)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
YOU are fighting for MANKIND, right?
>>
File: leadership.4e610919.jpg (299 KB, 1260x708)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
Absolutely, we want to serve man...
>>
>>659282
>fighting for mankind
>optimal when diversity is our strength globohomo
???
>>
File: 345345.png (1.93 MB, 1621x911)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>659333
Its called propaganda, kid. You are fighting for space hitler.
>>
>>659343
BASED
>>
>>659282
>>659333
Get Wrath of the Righteous on Steam Workshop to purge the xeno abomination for the glory of humanity
>>
File: 1599721610833.jpg (47 KB, 514x720)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>659282
But of course. Why would I fight for anything else?
>>
>>659333
Naturally, you need slaves, anon.
>>
>>659333
>tfw playing stellaris i allow Foxgirls and catgirls into my all Aryan space empire but banish niggers all other shitskin humans

Its not about supremacy, its about getting rid of the problematic races and living happily ever after with the cool ones.
>>
>>659920
How crusty are your boxers anon?
>>
>>659282
So I watched Sseth's video on Endless Space 2 and it looks great. But if I buy the preimum edition can I just disable the awakening dlc and not have to worry about it? It sounds cancer.
>>
>>659343
>space hitler
But that's not the Grand Viceroy?
>>
>>659343

Wouldn't space Hitler be the ultra-militarist successor?
>>
how does this compare to stellaris?
>>
>>659971
How much coco butter and grease is all over your keyboard?
>>
>>661328
It's simpler from what I understand. I hear that Stellaris is just a glorified excel spreadsheet.
>>
>>664570
No it's MS paint simulator in space.
>>
>>664596
how so
>>
I never played Endless Space 1 or 2 and I enjoyed playing Endless Legend years ago, how decent is 2? Any DLC worth getting if it's good?
>>
>>664680
Endless Legend is a fluke which is exactly why they stopped making expansions (most of which suck) and never brought it up again, because if they touch EL again they'd out themselves as not knowing what made it good in the first place.
>>
File: 1cover-loc-en.jpg (244 KB, 787x1200)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
What are some general tips for playing Hissho? So far I've been farming ki from invading AI for fealty centers. I also can't figure out how to configure my military behemoth to not die against fleets of similar strength. Probably should not bother with fighting unless it's against lone, chewed up ships
Also birb booba
>>
>>664869
The basic behemoth has very few attacks per round but has high power which makes accuracy important. Id suggest putting weapons with high accuracy in it and choosing a formation that makes sure it hits. That said, you really just want to upgrade the Behemoth to any of the three forms since they are much more powerful (although I think that Hissho have some modules that make the basic form as good as the citadel and also keep it good for mining).
>>
It is a lot like Endless Legend. I'd say it is far more similar to it than to Stellaris for example.

The main advantages it has over Endless Legend is that the assimilation mechanics and alliance system give it a bit more replayability, since you effectively get new traits the more minor factions and even population bonuses if you decide to spread the minor faction pops accross your empire that greatly affect the way you play.

The main disadvantages imo are that it is considerably less balanced and the AI cannot play many factions for shit (Vodyani, Unfallen and Hissho in particular), which means you will often see the same top empires as opponents in the long run unless you get some balance and AI mods. In particular, the Cravers and Riftborn will always raise to the top if you leave the AI alone.

Personally, I think the Vaulters DLC and the one that gives events to your minor factions (forgot name, sorry) are definitely worthwhile and you should begin with them installed. Supremacy is also good, but keep in mind the AI cannot play the Hissho. Penumbra is a mixed bag because Stealth is fun and the Umbral Choir is the most unique and fun faction to play with, but the hacking mechanic is one of those things that is just annoying busywork with little rewards most of the time, but nigh-broken
and maybe even run-ending when you manage to catch somebody with no defensive programs in their capital. Awakening is just bad.
>>
>>664933
Meant to reply to>>664680
>>
>>661328
>how does this compare to stellaris?
its different, stellaris is janky as shit but if you mod it a bit its pretty good as a roleplaying experience. Sort of like CK2 in space. ES2 is a civ clone in space. At least the basegame is less mechanically fucked up than stellaris, and you have to deal with a lot less micro, but its combat sucks and there is a lot less spooky flavor. At the end of the day, stellaris might be shit but at least its interesting shit.
>>
>>660115
Yes. You can toggle all dlc on and off.
>>
>>664729
they stopped making expansions for all of their games, because they've put everything into their "magnum opus" humankind
they farmed out DLCs to contractors for both ES2 and EL, and predictably they've sucked ass (inferno was a decent fluke)
>>
File: 1567949198468.png (572 KB, 751x693)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>665055
Is it possible to toggle off Awakening and still play as the Nakalim?
>>
>>665076
Nevermind, their mechanics look too tied in with the new Academy empire.
>>
How do I stop falling behind? Playing on hard so AI shouldnt have bonuses but they double my score anyway. Also how to not get fucked by pirate bases showing up and stealing the best systems nearby? Takes like 10 turns to research and build up a fleet to deal with it and then the AI has gotten even further ahead. Should I just ignore the score and hope that I catch up to the AI later on?
>>
File: Riftborn leader.jpg (234 KB, 1200x1200)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>659282
For me? It's the Riftborn. I can strongly relate to their desire for cleanliness and peace.
>>
>>666111
The AI does have some small bonuses in Hard. Also note that Cravers is an early rush faction so it is designed to have a lot of strength early on but only being able to keep it through aggression. That said, they shouldn't have too much of a headstart in Hard. It is not until Impossible that you will need Wars to overtake the AI.

Pirates are not really a big deal unless you set them to Endless Difficulty. So my guess is you made mistakes. Perhaps you havent paid enough attention to your Industry? Maybe you havent expanded much? Maybe you decided to colonize shitty systems with 1-2 planets becauwe they were close to you? It is hard to say without knowing what you are playing.

Do note that Horatio and Unfallen were made as "starts slow and snowballs hard later" type of factions, and Vodyani does need to be aggresive to its neighbors to get ahead, so there is that too.
>>
File: 1521826829882.jpg (87 KB, 692x1153)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>659282
Nah man, I'm gonna help mommy buy they galaxy.
>>
File: 1519597023294.png (1.27 MB, 970x1077)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>666294
*the
>>
>>666111
The game doesn’t store leftover production: make sure you have a second item in queue. Watch a sperg video on YouTube to learn some of the gimmicks; you can squeeze 20-30% additional production out of unstated mechanics, and it compounds.
>>
File: Evil Merchants.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>666294
>>
>>666111
Industry is king, the only things you should be building that take more than 5 turns is more industry. Buyout ship production early on so that they don't take up construction time
>>
I wish ships were more of an investment. I feel like ships in this game are like conscript infantry with how easy it is to get them and use them up. Whenever I lose ships I feel bad about it only because it usually takes a while for new ships to get to where I need them to be.

I think ships should be like they are IRL where they are a huge investment that takes years to materialize. Ships should be built according to certain strategic calculations rather than pumped out whenever you have a few turns to spare.
>>
>>666657
I mean, in this setting there is active interestellar space trade and tourism after Era II, so ships should be considerably cheaper.

Moreover, combat is the main way in which players interact with eachother, so it should be incentivized. Maybe if trade and economic wars were more fleshed out so they served as another way to interact.
>>
>>665076
Why would you even want to they're so boring.
>>
File: 1500329547904.png (65 KB, 215x239)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>
>>667388
Not him, but I really like the idea of being able to make the Influence conversion relevant with a non-custom faction. The mechanic is nice but too slow. SciFi Egypt also always looks cool. Even if it is Space Kangz.
>>
Why is the AI so passive? They never declare war on me
>>
>>671595
It was made to be defeated by new players on Normal mode and to be able to stumble into a win condition around the same time as a playtester with all the buffs in Endless. And they probably didnt want to program two different AIs because it would only mean extra programming each update.
>>
>>659333
>optimal when diversity is our strength globohomo
>literally colonizing aliens in pic
>diversity is bad because you want pop bonus so you want to stick to very few pop types
based retard
>>
>>671595
Because you can easily win through many other victory types and the AI is shitty at ship building and doesn't buy from the market, so it usually judges your ships as stronger. It'd attack you if you let it build obliterators though.
>>
>>659282
Humans are so boring in ES.
>>
>so many goddamn people on the internet whining about the Academy
Is the Awakening DLC and the Academy THAT bad or are people being a bunch of babies again?
>>
>>673359
Do you think Endless Difficulty Pirates that took Minor Faction systems and clustered around the center of the Galaxy would make the game more fun? Because that is what the Academy basically does with some caveats (much stronger than Endless Pirates at first but also does not particularly grow in strength, can be hacked for heroes, whoevers sucks up to them the most gets an OP free fleet that will allow them to essentially wipe out another Empire)

And note that the pre-Awakening Academy quest disappears, and all those quests from Minor factions in the center of the Galaxy become mostly inaccesible because the Academy will have annexed them by the time you get there. So the thing replaces content that would be there if you just doubled the number of Pirates.

Nakalim start out with two tiers of technologies fully unlocked, but they research at half speed and all Science buildings become nigh-worthless so you are more or less locked out of Scientific victory (or even just Tier 5 techs) and one of the main ways in which you felt progression is gone. And that could MAYBE be ok. But they also cannot trade technologies either even for a Truce. So diplomacy with them is essentially worthless since trading techs is the main point of ever using diplomacy. AND their pop bonus is almost worthless to another faction so you dont want to annex them either.

I dont think Awakening ruins the game, but it does make it less fun, imo.
>>
>>673402
>>673359
The science and tech thing isn't the problem with them, the problem with them is that you are expected to sell systems you would otherwise have used to the academy, and you sell these systems by covering them in influence rather than just conquering them and giving them away. Which of course rarely ever works since by the time you get it into a reasonable range to steal the system, the owner will have declared war on you or demanded you stopped and put some malus on you when you didn't.
Originally you had to give up a world's production to even capture other systems that way, but I think they changed it.

I think the artifact finding system itself should have been added for everyone, but with a different function for the artifacts. Maybe even selling systems through influence for everyone would make things interesting if that were the only way for the academy to get systems.

I don't think the Academy part is so bad, but that's because every race DLC has added bullshit mechanics and systems. The Hissho and Behemoths were just as divisive and made people complain the game was just about trying to protect yourself from Obliterators. (which you can't because 3 shots will kill anything). Vaulters are decent, but their teleporting through pirate bases and basically ignoring pirates altogether is a bit OP. The pirate diplomacy is more good than bad but it just makes you feel like turning them off sometimes. Disguising yourself as pirates is good, though selling your ships and buying them back from the market to use them as pirates is broken. The AI should've be able to immediately buy them up when players tried things like that. The Umbral Choir is really bullshit and hacking is boring and half assed feeling, especially for non-UC races. Nakalim in comparison have few upsides. 2 tiers of tech doesn't cut it.
>>
>>673477
ES2 is largelly a "numbers go up" game, so starting ahead but limiting growth does contribute to less fun. Moreover, sometimes you DO need a tech like a particular weapon type in a pinch. And it SUCKS that you have to wait 6 turns to get it.

The Temples still take all other production to turn it into Influence, but you dont need them to convert shit, and it is honestly their best mechanic since every faction has some worlds they dont want and this is a way to use them without terraforming.

Yeah, influence conversion in this game needs a buff. They should just make it so it reduces approval and maybe gives you a way to get additional effects depending on your choice of Empire propaganda or just political party. Still that is not a mechanic they HAVE to rely on.

Relics are not a bad mechanic. But they are not necessary. Quests that give your heroes unique capacities, or a more fleshed out Anomaly search system, etc. could have been better additions that fulfill the same purpose.

Obliterating systems is fun. Teleporting is fun. Seeing an enemy lose half their systems because they didnt see your hack coming to their capital 15 turns away is pretty cathartic. Sure, it isnt fun to be in the receiving end of those mechanics, and honestly hacking is only balanced for the Umbral Choir, but using them produces new and interesting scenarios. Isyander constantly harrases your systems unless you suck up to him, so you are always on the receiving end. And while you could argue that not putting defensive programs in your home system or not destroying, or forcing truces on enemies that have built Obliterators, there is nothing you can do to be the person who can suck up the most to Izyander. You can give him 100% of a resource he asks and still get third place or worse, which amounts to getting nothing back.
>>
File: choir.png (93 KB, 424x166)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
Bought the umbral choir DLC today and tried them out at serious difficulty with 7 AIs
Literally just pressed endturn until I won a science victory while watching star trek on the second monitor
I'm still not 100% how I feel about this DLC
Hacking is kinda cool but maybe it's more useful on a faction that actually wants to conquer shit instead of hidden hippies
also I still have no idea when I'm supposed to use those bandwidth costing abilities
I just clicked on systems to colonize them and occasionally abducted a pop which is cool since it gives you super pops
and allowing you to expand in other people's system makes the choir a weird faction since it goes both wide and tall at the same time.

I actually did prepare for war but they just never found me.
is the choir that strong or is the AI just bad at locating and dealing with you?
also is the choir AI fun to play against?
>>
>>673643
oh and I LOVED the idea of being the ultimate secret asshole faction by manipulating pirates but then I remembered that for some reason pirates are really shit at attacking pirate marks on AI worlds and they're a total waste of money
>>
>>673643
AIs almost never build ships with anti-stealth. Pretty much only the Awakening Academy and some Pirate ships in higher difficulties use it.
Choir is actually pretty fun against humans because humans are waaay worse than AIs at detecting Sleepers, but way better at using Anti-Stealth. The Choir has to actually become a "needle in a haystack" that is really hard to find but is utterly fucked if caught.

>>673651
Just make less constellations so Pirates dont get caught 7 turns crossing them.
>>
>>659333
You really don't understand international imperialism, do you?
>>661273
>he let the god emperor die
>>
>>673571
>Moreover, sometimes you DO need a tech like a particular weapon type in a pinch.
I always get most of the tools I need to win from exploring. That's a problem with the game. Also you never need a particular weapon type. Energy weapons and physical armor rule the game. I also basically never failed to be first place for the Academy, maybe its' something that happens in multiplayer.
>>
>>673876
I guess it depends on luck, but most of the modules I find in ruins are always worse than what I've researched, sans Quest modules.
Going all Energy is only good if you have one of the Shield-piercing heroes at level 12+. Otherwise it is best to go for a mix of Energy and Projectiles.
>>
>>674729
Shields go down too quickly for them to matter
>>
>>674760
Not when you play as the Nakalim and are stuck with Tier 3 lasers the whole game while the enemy has Tier 4-5 Shields.
>>
File: kalgeros.png (165 KB, 361x520)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>pops in your system and take up useful pop slot
nothing personnel, space kid
>>
>>674889
The +20% influence and religious support is pretty useful, though. And Horatio can always use the Approval to go as wide as possible.
>>
>>674889
These guys get the gulag
>>
File: weird.png (608 KB, 1178x642)
608 KB
608 KB PNG
You know that point in a game where you just kinda go with the flow pressing end turn over and over?
I had this weird bug where I'd get no resources at all, build nothing and make no progress on the academy quest and to my shame it took me several turns to realize
reloading the save fixed it

The AI is really fucking bad btw, it can't wage war for shit
it looks like it just moves shit around at random instead of having a plan
reminds me of the hearts of iron AI shuffling heavy tanks in the sahara endlessly because it can't decide where to send them
also stuff like:
>Blockade AI ship
>attack it
>AI retreats
>"wtf bro don't do that ok???"
>refuse
>"I can now tell that you're hostile and evil!!!"
>same ship comes back
bro get a hint
>>
>>675324
on that note the AI seems unable to win anything other than a score victory
the closest I've seen them was last game where I won a science victory while the sophon AI had more science than me the whole game, but they didn't manage to win.

I'm playing on serious, but I did finish some endless campaigns and they really aren't any better.
Since the AI gets all those bonuses you need to go to war against them, but they can shit out more ships than you, except they're poorly thought out fleets that you can defeat easily, so you just have to push through waves and waves of ships and steal their capital, it's a total slog.
But I did see the AI use planetcrackers and obliterators 2 days ago, which was cool as fuck I didn't know they even could.
>>
Did any one every figure out how to use the AI modding tools for this game?

>>675337
It can win number of planet victories if you don't play on undersized maps. They still have a problem making ships that are even fully equipped, even on the hardest setting, even though I don't think they have a problem making decent ships if that were somehow fixed. The biggest problem with them is probably how they siege planets. Or maybe it's a problem with how sieges works where players exploit it.
>>
File: battles.jpg (820 KB, 2100x1182)
820 KB
820 KB JPG
>endless space RTS never ever
>endless space 2 RTS integration for planetary invasions never ever
it hurts bros...
>>
>>675506
I'm sad there will never be a Craver based FPS. Their intro makes me want to play one like that so badly.
>>
File: cravers2.jpg (586 KB, 1200x675)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>675634
ikr, ES2 lends itself to a lot of spinoff
>>
File: craver leader.jpg (753 KB, 1435x2055)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
btw is this guy the craver queen or...?
>>
>>675478
The AI is almost definitely programmed to siege planets for too long in order to give players a chance. I've tested it and they wont invade unless they can take the planet the same turn the invasion starts. Which is very inneficient unless you are short on manpower. And only Riftborn and Umbral Choir are ever really short on manpower.
>>
>>676098
But draft makes it basically impossible to take a system with sizeable pop
I too wait for enemy manpower to <25% of my own before invading
>>
>>659920
This anon gets it. Unironically.
>>
>>659282
Doing a Sheredyn run right now.
Allied Vaulters and conquered Horatio.
Rest of the minors I'm trying to purge until I'm left with a system where I try to collect each of every alien, like a zoo.
I try to do it naturally though, like sending spares on a newly conquered (thus negative food) system.
>>
>>666111
With regards to pirateniggery, it really depends on the start.
Many a game I abandoned because pirates choked my early expansion.
>>
>>659343
>space hitler.
God now I want to play this game
>>
>>659282
You mean there where other options?
The only options i saw was Human and non-human
>>
>>676629
just make a new design of your scout ship and switch the exploration/extra engine modules for more weapons, if they're really troubling you add your initial hero to the fleet.
a defender with a2g slug modules can help sieging but you don't really need to siege pirates you can just invade them
>>
>>673643
AI choir is a bitch in early game especially if you spawn next to it. Destroys your outposts and harasses your explorer ships.
>>
>>676081
A bishop, most likely.
>>
>>676642
I know, but doing all that means the AI gets the curios near you, and by the time you clear the blockade some other faction already put an outpost in you would-be second system.
I can recover from that, but it would mean tedious warring.
>>
File: leadership.5e48eb24.jpg (2.23 MB, 2131x1199)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>659282
>YOU are fighting for MANKIND, right?
No, for WOMANKIND
>>
>>676725
made for BIG Horatio genesplicer
>>
overexpansion penalties make no sense
>NOOOO OUT EMPIRE IS TOO BIG I'M UPSET NOOO
>>
>>676842
It is supposed to represent independentist sentiments, I think. The bigger the empire the less centralized government is able to keep up with the needs of everyone.

Hence why it changes depending on government types, and Confederacies can essentially expand forever provided you get proper Governors who agree politically with you.
>>
>>659343
>any fictional leader of an authoritarian regime is literally Hitler
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>676838
Why would you even waster time splicing shitty vaulters genes.
>>
>>677280
>system with 30 Horatio
>Splice Gnasghast, Vaulters, and Sisters
>opponent invades with 1000 Troops worth of air units = 10000 HP
Start of fight, they take 2100 damage + 750 from Tractable Armaments

30% of the enemy was wiped oit before the battle even started
>>
>>677347
>losing battles to the point your systems get invaded
>>
>>659343
>the fucking Emperor of Mankind that's actually very successful with his rule
>durrrrrrrrrr literally hitlorrrrr
>>
>>659920
based and eugenics pilled
>>
>>666312
You think there were modders then that hacks the personal Zelevas console and turn him into a loli?
>>
If two Vaulters are in a game, you can't get both types of their extra questline pops can you?
>>
>>677505
>the fucking Emperor of Mankind that's actually very successful with his rule
>durrrrrrrrrr literally hitlorrrrr
when I'm in charge he's very Hitler-esque
>>
File: aGZmEKw_460s.jpg (109 KB, 460x690)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>659282
Yes, naturally.
>>
>>677863
That speaks more of you than it does of Zelevas, anon.
>>
>>677877
Yeah. The Empire has no bonuses for genocides like Horatio, Cravers, Hissho, or Vodyani. You dont want full multiculti, but the best Empire probably has a mix of 5-6 races for maximum pop bonuses.
>>
File: Maxson.jpg (217 KB, 861x1080)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>659343
Space Arthur Maxson is doing pretty well
>>
>>678402
cringe
>>
Any good tutorials and meta guides for this game? I just research random shit and don't bother with the ships because I don't understand the meta.
>>
>>678914
There are many guides on Steam and a few on YouTube. But it is not really that complex. Early on you focus on Industry and expansion no matter the faction. You want only quality systems with at least 3 planets including at least one hot/temperate one in your Empire, so rush for those. If you dont have Awakening on, the center of the Galaxy has a lot of minor factions and probably no enemy Empires, so getting there first is important too.

If you want to go for Scientific Victory limit a bit what you research per tier. If you want to go for Economic, Wonder (Industry), or any of the Military ones, delve deeper into the sector that will give you the victory (Military will demand some ecologist and religious techs for expansion purpose, and is not very viable in the largest maps without Alliances).
>>
>>678914
Also, meta-wise. Cravers and Vodyani are usually considered the most powerful factions in PvP and both specialize in early aggro. Cravers will even begin attacking you even when they still only have explorer ships. But the AI cannot play Vodyani worth a damn and it is not that aggresive even with Cravers, so single player is not very meta.

You do still want to build defensive bunkers and lots of fleets if you start next to Cravers or Hissho, but realistically you are not in risk of being taken over by the AI unless you are playing in Endless Difficulty and happen to spawn in between Riftborn and Cravers. The AI sieges forever so you will be able to make a counter fleet no problem in the time it takes them to invade you.
>>
>>678914
Watch some let's play off yt, do it at double speed to skip all the babble and just see how they progress.
>>
>>678914
I thought the game's "learn as you play" tutorial was fine. The rest is strategy and meta cheatingxvyat.
>>
>>678914
>get the slugs tech from second tier of military
>get 20 of the cheapest ship with 3 support slots on it
>slap engine and 2 slugs on it
>slugs go brrrt
>never fight a ground battle ever again because you drain all manpower in one turn
and this is how you break the game and can completely skip all food to manpower conversions because the size of your ground invading force no longer matters
also make sure the planets close to you are of similar types in the sense that you can colonize them with techs from the same trees if for example you have toxic lava and desert planets you need way too much tech to colonize them all and just reroll that shit
also get a mod that removes 1 and 2 planet systems from the game to reduce the number of shit starts and while at it make sure you install the terraform mod that lets you go both ways because vanilla terraforming is completely retarded
>>
>>679723
How 2 win: Cheat
>>
Anyone notice the progress bar when parking your hero fleet on a system for the Academy finale quest doesn't go up when an ally's ship is in the system?
>>
>>680386
it's a cheesy strat but it's completely intended
you're always supposed to siege a little bit and a dedicated siege fleet is just efficient.
before penumbra this was the best way to take a system, with hacking you can stop drafts from happening so you can easily afford to attack a system before it's empty, especially with high damage troop factions like cravers

>>680604
alliances doesn't matter in academy quest nodes, you even have a special option to attack the opposite quest faction without diplomatic consequences
>>
>>680792
Bro, I'm talking about
>get a mod that removes 1 and 2 planet systems from the game
>install the terraform mod that lets you go both ways
>just reroll that shit
>>
>>680881
oh yeah that is a bit gay, the AI is pretty terrible so imo you should roll with bad RNG
>>
>>680792
I should have specified; it's the faction who's on the same side as me for the quest that's parked in the system that's preventing my fleet with a hero from increasing progress towards destroying the objective. This wasn't a problem when I had a fleet with no other faction in an objective system.
>>
>>681185
check if the game bugged and you're not receiving income or building anything, the same thing happened to me here >>675324
reloading fixed it so maybe try that
>>
>>681185
Do you have a hero in charge of said fleet?
>>
File: 1534018374132.webm (2.93 MB, 982x552)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>683079
Yes I did
>>681192
Using previous autosaves didn't fix it.

I'm also getting the forever pending bug even after resolving all diplomatic dilemmas and removing all notices. I swear this caused my multiplayer matches to desync every 15 turns or so
>>
>>659282
After playing a dozen times I got bored of this game. Theres not much going on
>>
Wonder if devs gonna fix this shit before Humankind come out.
Not even puting outpost on them in time works, not unless you colonize all.
>>
File: work around fast outpost.png (2.23 MB, 1600x900)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>683985
Correction.
Puting outpost in under circa turn 60 does work.
>>
>>683985
I really doubt there will be a fix before August/September. They are clearly crunching full time to get HumanKind out.

Still, you can fix that bug by disabling the Dark Matter DLC.
>>
>>684015
>Still, you can fix that bug by disabling the Dark Matter DLC.
Shame, i kinda liked it.
>>
>>683868
If you want to get more from it you could try a mod that improves the AI. A big issue in the game is that the AI is retarded and never even pursues tech trades on its own.

Otherwise, yeah. About 12 games is what I imagine you could spend before the base game becomes too repetitive.
>>
>>659343
His paranoia with dissidents and traitors are more like Stalin
His quest for eternal rule is more like Qin Shi Huang
>>
File: 1616437623642.jpg (80 KB, 1000x855)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>659343
>hitler
You need to go back faggot.
>>
Who is the worst faction to fight and why is it Vaulters?
>>
File: 4n693g67tuf21.png (261 KB, 321x465)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>plays umbral choir
>fills your entire population with sleepers
>hacks your homeworlds
>doesnt build a single ship
>refuses to elaborate
>>
File: 1624878573284.jpg (42 KB, 385x481)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Is the enhanced space mod worth trying? Seems to change almost everything, hard to judge from first glance
>>
>>691659
Cravers because after you beat them you get a bunch of exhausted systems that do little good for you. Nakalim too because their population threshold bonus is kinda worthless after you beat them.
>>
>>691771
I like it. Although I really wish it was made to work better with the ESG mod.
>>
>>691794
Any other mods you like?
Starting to get bored of vanilla after a year.
>>
>>659343
I got more a Stalin vibe from him, not just because of his name. Though without communism.
Also, how fucking based is he?
>Look for successor because you are old and won't see mankind rule the galaxy
>Find successor. Promise to abdicate even though you are CLEARLY the only hope of man!
>On abdication date, go on camera and tell your "successor" to fuck right off, you will rule forever!
>Ask scientists how to achieve that. They tell you to conquer the fucking galaxy
>Soundslikeaplan.wav
>Get immortal body, rule forever, cuck successor who is now in prison.

I love this man like you wouldn't believe!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-Ra9eSfZo
>>
>>692539
The empire's music is really good
>>
>>683083
I love the sisters. QT space latinas.
>>
>>693241
How do they reproduce though? Recruitment can't keep up with that.
>>
>>693303
it's me, I impregnate them all
all day I do nothing but have hot sweaty sex with the sisters.
It's a hard job but someone has to do it
>>
>>693303
>How do they reproduce though? Recruitment can't keep up with that.
Well they are humans, so I think they somehow manage to recruit from humans because they aren't a race but a faction. Alternatively who knows if they don't mingle with other humans? And since they are with the Vaulters and they have men then the problem is resolved.
>>693504
Talk about greed...
>>
Is there a trade system in the game? Can you specialise a whole system for food production and feed you whole empire? Stellaris completely shits the bed when it comes to trade, trade has to be the most important thing when it comes to an interstellar empire.
>>
>>693626
Ok but what if I isolate SoM on a planet of their own? I always imagined them as matriarchal theocracy to cope.
Are there any more lore about them? Like on other Endless games?
>>693636
Sadly, no.
>>
>>693654
Disregarding cloning, gene mods and genesplicing they can always grow in numbers by means of imigration since there is no shortage of emigrants everytime food production dropes for a few turns.
>>
>>693636
You can have trading companies but their revenue is incredibly pitiful and they mostly give you dust anyway

inter-emprie food/industry movement is sadly not a thing, unless you count civilian ships bringing food to outposts
>>
>>693654
>>693303
Like the Vaulters, they are part of Endless Legend. As >>693626 says, they are a faction(of humans), not a race. As a society, they have males and females and are very religious. The Sisters are just the religious branch that goes out to help/slaughter people based on what their religion prescribes.
>>
>>693654
>>694211
Oh and I'm not sure if they are matriarchal. The vaulters are matriarchal (kind of, I think it's more their leader is a woman and she happens to be immortal). The sisters of mercy proper are just a female-only religious organization and I don't think they have any ruling ability.
>>
>>694211
>>694212
Third post, since rereading it, it seems like I'm saying they're one group. The Sisters of Mercy is a civ based around a religion and have males and females, but only females are involved in the church. There was a post about it too https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/33766-i-have-a-question-about-the-sister-of-mercy-lore?page=1#post-282106
>>
File: dip.png (3.54 MB, 1920x1080)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
I couldn't find an EL thread, so I'll ask this question here. How come I can't go to the diplomacy screen by linking on the button in the top left? It just gets highlighted orange
>>
>>694471
Can you open it with the hotkey? Most glitches, if they are glitches, can be fixed by restarting these games.
>>
>>694218
So they actually got males huh, guess I should stop isolating them on planets with just Sheredyn then.
>>
>>694471
Did you have the ELCP installed when the game autopatched a couple days ago? The ELCP changes diplo behaviours, so when the game paches the diplo screen bugs out.

You have to install the elcp again on top of the patch.
>>
>>694776
>>694558
Reinstalling to version 2.7 of ELCP and reloading the save seems to have fixed the problem, thanks. That fix should have been part of the autopatch, tho
>>
File: wesker.png (137 KB, 300x300)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>659343
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
For the God Emperor.
>>
Kinda wish the Hissho had the same sword-wielding combat animations as the Yuusho. Seeing them only with guns is kinda boring
>>
>>676081
A bishop, aka one of the guys who actually rule the place
>>
>Deep Mining Probes deplete planet resources
Oh shit I was I fucking up my nearby systems and not by some overlooked craver expac

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.