[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 68 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/victoria-3-dev-diary-3-buildings.1478868/
It's up.
>>
File: 1622918388095.jpg (378 KB, 550x690)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
DO NOT FALL FOR THE DRIP-FEED HYPE! YOU'RE PLAYING INTO JOHAN'S SPAIN SWEATY HANDS!
>>
File: unknown.png (466 KB, 283x742)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
>>635085
>Shogun Tokugawa, I'm USN
>>
>>635085
>To finish up this dev diary I just want to mention that building up your country is meant to be more of a hands-on experience in Victoria 3, as this is absolutely core to the society-building aspect of the game and forms a major part of the game’s core loop. This naturally also means that we need to give the player the necessary tools to manage their buildings in a large empire, which may involve some form of autonomous building construction, though we haven’t yet nailed down exactly what form that would take (and whether it will involve decision making on the part of the investor class). Ultimately though, we want the player, not the AI to be the one primarily in charge of the development of their own country.

They really just gutted Laissez-faire from the game right?
>>
File: t.Johan.jpg (367 KB, 634x881)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
You will buy the Obunga flavour pack!
>>
>>635115
Good
>>
File: file.png (150 KB, 467x200)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
God i hate that UI
please tell me just from graphic cues what building 1 and 3 are and why they are seemingly incapable of atleast putting some text above it
Also lmao at the trading good being a picture of the good except cows which are a picture of a picture of cows
>>
>>635121
I'd guess 1 is a barrack/fort, but no clue what 3 is, university, town hall, governor's palace, etc.
>>
>>635125
first is correct, third is according to the DD a naval base
>>
>>635126
>naval base
lol what
>>
File: file.png (157 KB, 752x232)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>635127
i wish i was joking
>>
>>635118
>It is good they are not even trying to model a proeminent idea at the time
Yikes, sweaty, do better
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 159x89)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>ok we need an easy identifier that shows the player in a see of icons which building produces what good
t. no one at paradox
>>
>>635130
There is fucking nothing to let you know it is naval related, holy shit, how are they so bad at this.
>>
>>635137
liquorbros....
>>
>>635137
SOVLFVL vs soulless
>>
File: urban centres.png (405 KB, 477x585)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>Another special type of building is Urban Centers. Like Subsistence Buildings, these are automatically created rather than built, with the level of Urban Center in a State being tied to the amount of Urbanization generated by its other buildings. Urban Centers primarily employ Shopkeepers and provide a number of important local functions that we will get into at a later point.
Sounds like MEIOU's urban gravity
>>
>>635137
Nice building on the left, bro.
>>
>>635137
There are probably autists preparing a mod for this right at this second honestly.
>>
>>635150
>He doesn't live in a wheat house
NGMI
>>
File: file.png (56 KB, 227x145)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE
somehow they managed to convey LESS information in MORE space, not even talking about how in vic 2 the icon are a lot more readable than this ck3 grey on grey
>>
>>635154
Made for higher resolutions. V2 doesn't scale the UI for higher resolutions other than the outliner.
On a given display it should still show the same amount of information.
>>
>>635154
PDX has a new audience now, HoI4 is constantly on the top 20 on steamcharts.
Victoria 2 had a lot of information on screen, and that is daunting to the average zoomer, so they need to condense that down to keep their new casual audience interested.
I can't event blame them, really, they just saw the writing on the wall.
>>
File: file.png (71 KB, 1197x509)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
laissez-faire is officially gutted
>>
>>635170
>game officialy gutted
We will never experience simulation depth of victoria again
>>
>>635170
>mfw when playing the USA and I have to personally direct the growth of 50 states
I guarantee you Vicky 3 1.1 will have an automated free market
>>
File: RikaMood.png (69 KB, 228x210)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>635170
JUST
>>
>>635173
It absolutely will.
>>
>To talk about buildings though, I first have to mention states! States are a concept that should be generally familiar to anyone who’s played some of our other games such as Victoria II or Hearts of Iron IV
FUCK
So still no finetuning of borders between countries. Even worse, I'm afraid that province borders will be HOI4 type nonsense rather than respecting some historical geography like Vicky2 or DH.
>>
>>635173
thats what the first big DLC will be for
>>
File: Capture.png (44 KB, 1571x398)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>635173
Someone literally brought it up comparing to Stellaris
>>
>>635184
Its still Clausewitz, unless they pulled a magic new engine out somewhere along the way this will stay with predetermined states for quite some time
>>
>>635149
They clearly looked at MEIOU, possibly for everything regarding the economy.
>>
>>635189
its so ironic that they would much rather take influence from MEIOU, which took inspiration from vic2, than just expand some of the vic2 stuff
>>
>>635184
>>635187
Anons the processing power required to represent non-province tied borders and all the possible changes of such would kill people's computers. Either that or they made everything tiny hexagons instead which would be worse imo. On the second part on province borders, I feel it's unlikely depending on whether provinces have names nor not.
>>
>>635186
lel
>>
>>635193
I think anon meant being able to rearrange which provinces fit into which states as opposed to abolishing provinces.
>>
>>635186
>Wiz makes stellaris with as little automation as possible
>people want automation for repetitive menial tasks
>wiz makes vic3 with as little automation as possible
>...
>>
>>635193
>tiny hexagons
Based and SoTEpilled
>>
>>635193
Why not... Having provinces that you can conquer instead of states, like in vicky 2
>>
>>635196
That would leave the possibility of states with zero provinces which the game would be unable to handle.
>>
>>635196
I meant it the way it's in old HOI games, where the land you lose or gain is determined at province level instead of losing or gaining entire states (or areas as they're called in HOI2).
>>
>>635198
based sote mentioner
>>
>>635199
You can. It's been stated multiple times you can take individual provinces. According to this >>635196 anon, the other anon meant being able to reorganise the states themselves moving provinces in and out of them and the like.
>>
>>635206
Not reorganising states, but splitting them between countries.
>>
>>635198
I'll admit I am hopeful for SOTE but I don't like the hexagons. That said I pray daily for Demian's health and continued autism.
>>
>>635207
Split the provinces of a state? You can as I said above.
>>
>>635170
fucking based, PDX is on the right track with this one
>>
>>635213
I thought you could do that only through scripted events and not through peace treaties? In V2 I mean, in HOI4 I know it's downright impossible.
>>
>>635170
>commie swedes can't bear the sight of capitalism in any form
as expected, into the trash it goes
>>
>>635221
Oh in V2? Yeah in V2 it was only through scripted events I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>635170
> That said, we've not completely set our mind on the investment pool as it works now and are discussing other ways we could do it.
They're discussing about it
>>
>>635199
You can't conquer individual provinces in V2. Nothing they have shown so far indicates that states in V3 are substantially different from states in V2, besides having more provinces (there are more provinces in general, states aren't bigger).
>>
>>635221
I dont know if this is a mod thing but the unequal treaty cb in vic 2 lets you chose from a list of single tiles not states in china.
Also when using console commands to change province owners you always go tile by tile so it is technically possible but requires a metric buttload of events
>>
>>635085

Everyone on /vst/ who is not fucking hype can suck my fucking dick this seems fucking awesome, this is going to be the best game ever made, they are making all the right choices it seems to me, they get what made Vic 2 so good, they are making the things that sucked better, they are enhancing the things that were good, this is going to be the best fucking game ever made, I am fucking hype, I am going to cum, I am cumming right now

Whats your /firstplaythrough/ gonna be /vst/?:
>Benevolent absolute monarchy czarist Russia that becomes the superpower of Europe
>France that cucks the Germans
>All-North-America USA (and all of South America is my brutally exploitative colony)
>>
>>635235
I was thinking more about imperator but yeah
Vicky did allow you to only conquer your cores in a state, at least when modded
>>
>>635239
>they are making all the right choices
yeah, like removing capitalism from a game about capitalism
great choice
>>
>>635245
>game about capitalism
No
>>635239
Also no. I'm on the up over what we've seen so far but best game ever is pushing it. It's fine right now at most.
>>
>>635245

removing the absolutely broken AI-driven nonsensical factory construction that no-one ever uses and all Vic2 guides tell you to avoid at all costs is a good move

they should spend the time to actually make it work in an intelligent way and include in an expansion
>>
>>635235
Pops are represented at the state level and not the province level. Buildings are represented at the state level and not the province level (Victoria II did this with factories but not with railways, forts, and naval bases).

Everything they've said so far indicates to me that provinces are nothing more than tiles to move your troops through. States are the smallest meaningful subdivision which you interact with. I don't think there will be even province level culture, but instead state level culture, since pops are located in a state and not a province. I wouldn't be surprised if the "treaty port" casus belli just takes X% of the state's population and puts it in a single province state.
>>
>>635245
eh, it was shit and I think the vast majority of players will agree with me. Laser Faire was shit.
>>
>>635255
>I wouldn't be surprised if the "treaty port" casus belli just takes X% of the state's population and puts it in a single province state.
I'm not sure if it is a simple casus belli or you'll be able to take provinces if you want but yeah pretty much. Provinces out of states will use math to decide the pop of the provinces separate from the state.
>>
>>635257
the point is less about l-f being shit and more about both removing the option of l-f and the partial automatisation you still got with Interventionism and State Capital
>>
>>635254
>>635257
Lazy fair is underrated and very powerful if you know how to use it.
>>
>>635245

/vst/ gamers be like:
>Play USA
>Never get off laissez-faire
>Shift-click the 'invest in project' and 'upgrade factory' buttons non-stop from 1836-1936
>Ahh... Now THIS is gameing
>>
>>635255
Source for pops being represented at the state level?
>>
>>635266
"knowing how to use it" is just NOT using it until like 1890, after which your industry is carefully arranged and you have ample resources so you can just let it run itself
>>
>>635254
>>635255
Retards, they didn't just remove lf, they removed all other economic policies besides planned economy. Play a game of vicky2 with a large nation and ONLY planned economy from start to finish and see how you like it. This is Vicky 3 now.
>>635267
>invest in project' and 'upgrade factory'
>laissez-faire
don't post here if you haven't played vicky 2
>>
>>635275

not that anon but USA starts with interventionism so he probably got confused. laissez faire is even more braindead.

>>635270
pretty much
>>
>>635275
>>635257
>>
>>635198
Hopefully my grandchildren will be able to see the release.
>>
File: 1561236412.jpg (41 KB, 640x596)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>635275
>>635266
>>635245

'old paradox was better' HoI3 purists be like
>NOOOO YOU CANT USE USE A FRONT LINERINO TO DISTRIBUTE YOUR HECKIN DIVISIONS
>YOU NEED TO MICROINO ALL YOUR DIVISIONS AND THEIR TEMPLATES NOOO
>NOOO AUTOMATION IS RUINING GAMING NOOOOOO

'old paradox was better' Vic2 purist be like
>NOOOOOO YOU CANT EXPECT ME TO MICRO MY ECONOMY NOOOOOOOOOO
>NOOOOOO I DONT WANT TO BUILD ALL MY HECKIN FACTORINOS
>NOOOOOO TAKING OUT AUTOMATION IS RUINING AMING NOOOOOO

admit it, you just want to shit on the game without knowing anything
>>
>soijack poster conviniently forgets you could automate your troops in hoi3
>>
>>635257
Yeah, it was a fair representation of Laissez-Faire in real life.
Capitalists made mistakes, constantly, and that was beyond the State's power to stop.
It is like arguing that the Great Purge was shit when you are playing the USSR in a HoI game so they should remove it.
Yes, it was shit, that is the point.
>>
>>635268
Sorry for the phone post.
>>
>>635282
stop avatarfagging
>>
>>635286
So based on the dev diary today, it seems the urban/rural split is pretty much the only idea of "location" for your pops in a state. So if you have factories in urban centres which are associated with provinces, the pops will be associated with the province of their workplace. But I guess that also means if you have state level buildings like farms, mines, railways, whatever, then there's no sense of pop location besides just "Farmers in subsistence farms in California".
>>
>>635286
>you can't see the population of San Francisco, only of California
i hate to use this term, but this is literally soulless
On that note i assume this is something related to paradox continued crusade against mapmodes
>>
>>635286
Thanks. I really, really hate this. No longer looking forward to V3.
>>
>>635286
How the fuck are they going to model taking single provinces from states like they said you will be able to?
If I take only San Francisco, how many pops are goint to go with it?
>>
>>635297
The only thing I can think of is that workplaces are explicitly located within specific provinces, but I unless they say so I'm 99% sure it's just visual and provinces are literally just for war.
>>
>>635297
most likely an equal split disregarding urbanisation, so if you take a treaty port in a state with 6 provinces you get 1/6 of the pops
>>
>>635277
I'll take braindead over the amazing gameplay of opening the factory screem every 10 seconds to upgrade factories because they can't do it themselves.
>>
>>635303
Well that would be fucking inanely stupid
>>
>>635303
That is such a shit idea that I believe you must be Wiz himself.
>>
>>635297
>>635303
they said they will do some sort of weighting, so urban centers will contain most pops in peace deals
>>
>>635311
but how are they going to weigh splits using urban centres, when urban centres are state based? Something like GB has 6 urban center in that state and china has 32 only works when a state was already split at gamestart, not when you are splitting a state that was already unified
>>
>>635315
They won't, it'll simply be proportional
>>
>>635282
You can automate entire fronts in HoI3 to an even greater degree than you can in 4.
>>
>>635315
They didn't go into details. I assume if the province has a city on the map it gets a bigger weight, if it's a mountain or desert it gets a smaller weight etc
>>
>>635282
holy cope
stay mad paradrone
>>
>>635170
Based. Fuck the retarded AI taking over my country and building Luxury Clothes factory #348. Finally we can actually play with liberals in charge and not want to shoot ourselves.
>>
>>635255
>>635286
WHAT THE FUCK? This is so fucking retarded. Who the fuck thinks this is a good idea?

>>635303
>>635311
>>635315
How the fuck are cultures going to work then? Like say I want to just take Ragusa as a treaty port. Ragusa is a small region of the Dalmatia state that has an Italian majority (okay maybe not exactly a majority but I'm just trying to make a point here). The rest of Dalmatia doesn't really have Italian pops though. Is the game going to give me the Ragusa port treaty with Italians as a very small minority simply because they are indeed a minority in the state of Dalmatia?
>>
>>635362
>Is the game going to give me the Ragusa port treaty with Italians as a very small minority simply because they are indeed a minority in the state of Dalmatia?
Seems like it. Maybe they will weigh cultures based on cores in provinces?
>>
>>635362
>Is the game going to give me the Ragusa port treaty with Italians as a very small minority simply because they are indeed a minority in the state of Dalmatia?
Unless stated otherwise i will assume that state pops will be averaged, so what in vic2 would be 3x 90%other 10%italian + 1x 50%other 50%italian gets turned into 80%other 20%italian for the state, and if you take a part of said state a 80%other + 20% italian Ragusa
>>
>>635110
Uh, you don't get to bring gunboats.
>>
>>635377
Maybe he's confused as to why you'd ask for a country to be open, before you'd ask to stop having it be closed
>>
>>635362
>>635371
>>635376
I expected they'd do something incredibly retarded that would instantly destroy the game for me, but I didn't expect it to be revealed so early or to be THIS fucking stupid.
>>
>>635154
I really don't know what the fuck they're thinking with the UI. It's even worse when factories in 3 look like they have even more things going on than the ones in 2 do, and yet even shit that was present on 2 is hidden inside menus now. If there's a way to prioritize hiring it looks like they've stuck that on a different tab(workforce) from the one that shows all the info too.
I'm assuming that bar is how full the thing is but even the thing they're still showing has been changed in a way that makes it a lot less obvious what it actually is.
>>
>>635170
Oh no my capitalists won't build the literally useless clipper shipyards anymore.
>>
I like the building art, it reminds me of Settlers of Catan :)
>>
>>635377

>IF I CUT YOUR TOP BUN, WOULD YOU DIE?

>IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY DISHONORABLE

>YOU ARE A BIG DAIMYO

>FOR YOU
>>
>>635286
WHY DID THEY THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>635491
You will never be a woman.
>>
UI is so awful.
>>
>>635085
How can anyone get excited by anything Paradox makes these days?
>>
>>635201
Do excel sheets with no data crash your computer?
>>
>>635286
And the first torpedo strikes the TitanVic.
>>
>>635650
Lel but the way Clausewitz is constructed you can't have gaps in sequential data fields like provinces, index etc.
>>
>To finish up this dev diary I just want to mention that building up your country is meant to be more of a hands-on experience in Victoria 3, as this is absolutely core to the society-building aspect of the game and forms a major part of the game’s core loop.
God damn that fuckwit wiz with his "clicking on confirmation buttons is the gameplay loop" shit. Every fucking time. What a shitter. What give him the right to ruin my games?
>>
>>635121
>>635137
UI is atrocious. not only it is ugly but it is unnecesserally large to implement shiny buttons with unreadable pictures (altough those look nice themselves) instead of using simple icons like what >>635154 said.
>>
>>635472
Fuck off min-maxer. You have HoI4 to play.
>>
>>635285
This. It's not supposed to be absolutely efficient it's there to show different approaches and diversify goverments.
>>
>>635282
Go home Wiz.
>>
>>635362
>Who the fuck thinks this is a good idea?
They learn to simplify things for current gamers. Please understand.
>>
>>636119
Do they still use Clausewitz? I tought Stellaris was the last game using it.
>>
>>635286
This is so fucking stupid. I mean they could use the same argument to represent pops only on the national level leaving out even the states. I guess that's up to Vic4.
>>
>>635154
For a second I thought this chair is committing bloody murder
>>
>>635121
Given that there are a lot of HOI4 UI mods, I'm expecting V3's interface to be just as customizable, we'll likely get at least one UI overhaul mod that makes all these huge buttons smaller
>>
> infrastructure now costs goods and work time
yeah i'm thinking based
>>
>>636119
please dont tell me its just a big array on disk
>>
Interesting that in a DD about the new factories they dont mention anything about production line bonuses like glass in a coal province
>>
>>636258
It wasn't about factories but about buildings in general. I guess DD about industry will come later.
>>
>>636257
im by no means an expert but looking just at the way provinces were stored did remind me of that too
>>
Welp, the stupid "mathematically splitting of pops along provinces thing" has converted me from neutral and mildly hopeful to not caring at all. Back to games I know are good I guess.
>>
>>636321
thats still just an assumption, as of right now we only know that province populations got merged into state ones
>>
>>636331
The developers' silence on this matter should really tell you everything
>>
>>636321
>>636331
Yeah we don't know how the "location" of pops within a state is determined, it at all.
Buildings are "visually" clustered in certain places on the map but we don't know if that is purely visual or if they are actually located in provinces. If they are actually in specific provinces, then pops are probably tied to the location of their workplace.
However there's no indication of this in the screenshots shown so far so it's looking like pops are indeed only represented at the state level and have no actual tie to provinces.
>>
>>636357
Also, and i think people havent realised this yet, but if all pops and buildings are state based that means army recruitment will be too
>>
>>636358
To be clear, the problem is pops being state based, not buildings. Pops being state-level completely destroys the game.
>>
>>636363
I'd go even further and say making docks and naval bases state based is also a downgrade. In Vic 2 you had the somewhat arbitrary 1 port per state, but atleast that meant you had dedicated ports. In Vic 3 you will most likely be able to park your fleet anywhere along the coast and still get max benefits like eu4
>>
>>636363
On giving the post a second look, without further clarification we can't say that pops don't live in provinces. It's heavily implied that they don't but based on what he said that isn't necessarily the case.
I only say this because it's such a retarded decision even for Paradox that I can't 100% buy this explanation.
>>
>>636257
Provinces in Vic2 are stored as an array, if you address a province that doesn't exist the game straight up crashes. Like "changeowner 483948 ENG" in console will crash you since 483948 is out of bounds.
>>
>>636363
>not buildings
Did you forget that railroads in V2 were province based? This is going to be so stupid.

Like what if there's a state that has mountain AND farmland provinces? Will you be able to build railroads or not? If yes then it's stupid, if no then it's still stupid

And what about forts? Yes I know that the system in V2 is braindead and you just spam forts everywhere, but in a better system where you couldn't just spam them everywhere it would be great if you could create shit like the Maginot Line. Ffs even in GoY$ you can build forts on individual provinces
>>
>>635138
It looks like the british admiralty building.
>>
>>635121
>>635130

They really just need to add a symbol in the bottom right or something, like a rifle, an anchor, admirals cap, and a train track?
>>
>>636396
That's not a naval base, a naval base has ships in it
>>
>>636396
then rename it to something like admiral staff and throw an anchor on the icon like with factories
>>
>>636171
Every game post-Stellaris is now Clausewitz+Jomini but Clausewitz is still the game's base. Jomini is a high-level engine addition that is responsible for the speed additions and the increased modding capabilities etc.
>>
>>636436
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.

>>636379
>Like what if there's a state that has mountain AND farmland provinces?
My toughts exactly.
>>
File: 1469128091462.png (18 KB, 300x299)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>635170
Good, the AI can't handle it.
>>
>>635118
I'd prefer the player get more control over the country as the game progresses, with AI being deliberately less efficient or beneficial.
>>
How does AI handle "planned economy" in vic2 given that it's exactly the same ai as laissez faire? Do they also build clipper everytime?
>>
>>636471
It doesn't, they just don't build.
>>
>>636471
The AI is just awful at building factories. In HPM Japan usually has a shitty economy because it only builds clothes and wine factories, the former of which can't actually do anything without textiles so there's 100% unemployment.
>>
>>636482
It's also why people are able to post screenshots of irrelevant countries being superpowers in the NWO mod - the AI can barely handle regular economy, it straight up croaks when it is overhauled.
>>
File: shacks tropico.jpg (772 KB, 1200x900)
772 KB
772 KB JPG
> Subsistence Buildings. These are a special type of highly inefficient Buildings that cannot manually be built or destroyed, but rather will appear anywhere in the world where there is Arable Land that isn’t being used for another type of building.
>>
>>636493
sovl
>>
>>636493
You're thinking of shanty towns, slums and ghettos, which should only appear due to unemployment and low living standards in urban areas.

What the devs are talking about are hamlets and villages full of peasants and serfs, overseen by a landlord, paying taxes in kind. Basically, you're going to be doing the Inclosure yourself, dispossessing the peasants, who will be forced to move to cities to sell their labour. And then start communist uprisings, etc.
>>
>>636512
This, the modern, forward-thinking Power of the 19th century is going to be getting rid of those buildings as fast as they can.
>>
>>636518
Better start boosting capitalists against the landlords/aristocracy ASAP.
>>
>>636520
Not always, there's agricultural industries you can have those filthy peasants work on. Presumably they're owned and run by the aristocrats.
>>
>>636526
You still start in 1836, and it may be somewhere other than Britain. Those fuckers still wield a lot of power elsewhere, and don't appreciate being robbed of their sl- serfs.
>>
File: Britain vs everywhere.png (211 KB, 323x810)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>636529
>it may be somewhere other than Britain
Not when I play
>>
>>636460
>reddit meme
>reddit opininon
pottery
>>
File: paypay.jpg (583 KB, 1200x1200)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>636482
So... In HPM capitalism should be >> communism at all time (for AI) because they have the same AI but laissez faire have 10% bonus? Maybe it can explain some things.
>>
>>636563
No, even for the AI there's still a difference between the government building things and capitalists building things, the same differences that the player observes.
>>
>>635164
> that is daunting to the average zoomer
Only to the non-autistic ones and those will never play a grand strategy game ever. No matter how much gay shit you put into it.
>>
>>635282
In hoi3 you could automate %99 of the gameplay if you chose to do so.
>>
if population is shared across the entirety of a state, how will pops be assigned if you decide to only take part of one?
>>
Seems really arcade-y
>>
>>636512
Will it be possible to unlock cultural perks centered around shantytowns and slums? I like the aesthetic.
>>
>>636607
They play because they're losers who need the game as a substitute for accomplishment. Accept it.
>>
>>636512
I was comparing it to the phenomenon of citizens in Tropico generating shacks spontaneously, even when they have high rise apartments to move into. Of course in that game you can manually destroy shacks and end up doing it constantly
>>
If i cant see the pops of single cities i unironically drop the game.
Half of the fun for me was maxing pop growth and immigration to have some of my cities to surpass london and paris, if cant have that, not only the depth of the society sim value is gutted by 3/4 ( you cant have pops moving from the country side into a specific city but only "the farmer from rural california moved to urban center in california") i had good hopes for the game but this just trashes it for me. Please tell me i miss read and its not like this, because if its not coming out at launch i doubt it will come with a dlc
>>
>>637714
Someone will mod every province into its own state and it will be a glorious clusterfuck of performance tanking.
>>
>>637737
With vic 3 they cant make excuses: it worked on a 10 years old game with no update or dlc.
If all the features of vic2 dont make it in vic3 its a fraud
>>
>>637743
Fuck vic2 desu. I want features from vic1 back. And yeah, you can make all of the shit you mentioned in >>637714 in vic1, but with much more direct control.
>>
>>637743
A lot of shit in 2 was already done at the state level. This is basically an aesthetic issue. Though I agree it's a bit shit
Actually thinking about it, surely they could use whatever system they use to split up states to show a population for individual cities even if all the actual simulating is still done at the state level?
>>
>>637714
It's not clear based on what you read. It could just mean that pops can work in a building regardless of what province they live in. Most likely though is that pops aren't in specific provinces.
>>
>>637714
>>637832
Actually, no, it looks like this is confirmed. Pops are state level and most provinces won't even have names, like HoI4.
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>637843
>confirmed
Where?
>>
>>637843
what if the state of say manchester is manchester and connecting provinces?
>>
File: benis.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1080)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
Now I'm not saying that buildings and pops are definitely going to be state based only but take a look at this. Look at the window on the right. On the states section it lists all the states. However there doesn't seem to be any indication like an icon that the individual states can be expanded to show all their provinces like in V2. A bit weird, no?
>>
>>637950
Cities are named, so there's like one named "province" per state.
>>
>>637955
so there are no province subdivisions for pops but still individual cities, and according to that screen multiple ones in a state (Mersin, Adana, Osmaniye)
Does that mean any visual indication of cities is just flavour or what is going on here
>>
>>637992
Those probably aren't cities but just representing buildings, like Mersin represents the port and Osmaniye represents subsistence farms while Adana is the urban center. You would most likely capture all of those at once if you went to war with Turkey and took Adana.
>>
File: 1602654596870.jpg (136 KB, 698x658)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
10 years to make a glorified mobile game
>>
File: 1621467252653.jpg (68 KB, 506x380)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Okay so buildings and pops are probably based on states and not provinces

But what about RGOs? Are they going to be based on states as well?
>>
>>638163
I think RGOs are located in a state because they're buildings like factories and railroads, rather than 1 per province. There're limited based on having slots like "arable land" and "coal deposits" which I assume paradox will attempt to match up to the terrain in the provinces they've put into states.
>>
>>638163
rgos now work like factories with expansion to a certain limit and multiple rgos per state, in this DD they some pics
>>
File: 1615018629214.jpg (39 KB, 400x361)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>638241
>>638267
>rgo production in farmlands, woods, desert and mountain terrain is going to be the same as long as they belong to the same state
>>
>>638362
Assuming the dev team manage to not be total retards I assume the state splitting algorithm will account for making the terrain make sense with what RGOs you get at least.
I'm probably being too optimistic.
>>
>>637955
The retards couldn't even place Mersin on the fucking map ffs. Fuck Paradox and anyone that ever paid a penny to them, me included.
>>
It's going to be good to see the paracucks seethe after they shill out for this piece of shit game.
>>
>>638367
Eh, it doesn't really matter. This is gonna be one of those things they overhaul a year from release and everyone sucks their dick when the Vic3 2.0 patch drops with province level pops and buildings.
>>
>>635282
Hoi 4 autofronts and vic 3 manual economy micromanagement are completely different things, you can't compare them like that.
>>
File: areas.png (96 KB, 1002x1324)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>635201
>>636119
>>636375
The EU4 version of the engine can handle empty 'states' fine so I don't see why Victoria 3 couldn't. Likewise it can handle missing sequential provinces though trying to address a missing province indeed crashes it.
>>
>>638382
I've seen some people say "oh they can just mod it in" even though this is obviously hard-coded fundamental shit. Nothing short of a major overhaul from Paradox could fix it, correct.
>>
>>638665
Well, I guess maybe in theory you could define a gazillion states and have each be the size of a single province. And autistically fill out the data for every single province. But the game will probably run like absolute shit.
>>
>>638362
Name a singe place in the world that would have farmlands, woods, deserts and mountains in a single state
>>
>>638831
Utah
>>
>>638831
California
>>
>>638831
Colorado
>>
>>638831
Texas
Uzbekistan or other countries in Central Asia
India
The Urals (Siberia is desert in some parts)

It also depends on how much granularity states will have - bigger states will mean more geographically diverse ones, and smaller states will mean less diverse ones.
>>
>>638965
California and Texas are confirmed one state each so there you go.
>>
>>635286
this singlehandedly will ruin the game.
>>
>>638476
EU4 "states" and HoI4/theoretical Vic3 states are completely different in what they do and how they function. Most importantly EU4 states are sequential they're just pre-named.
>>
>>637955
>>637992
>Those probably aren't cities but just representing buildings, like Mersin represents the port and Osmaniye represents subsistence farms while Adana is the urban center. You would most likely capture all of those at once if you went to war with Turkey and took Adana.
Looking at that screenshot I think >>638015 is onto something that buildings seem to be represented on the map. Which I'm going to file under something else that makes the game look ugly, but if buildings have an actual province location that might partially fix the issue. Even if POPs are just treated as living in the state instead of a province for all the simulation purposes, the game should be able to tell you the "population" of a individual province (or city, Mersin, Adana and Osmaniye look like they're all in one province to me) by just totaling all the POPs that work in the buildings in that location. It wouldn't represent absentee landlordism very well but neither did 2.
>>
>>638362
The UI implies that sizes could be assigned per terrain type in a given state, so you could have size 12 arable land, size three mountains (for logging and mining?), and size 2 desert, or something. Each terrain type could then have its own modifiers.
The easy solution would be to just have different provinces, but I don't think that fits into the mobile game design theory they're subscribing to.
>>
>>638831
Kaduna state
>>
>>639375
The simulation looks more complex than V3 so the mobile design meme needs to stop, but I'm highly skeptical that they can make no provinces work in a satisfactory way. I'm writing off the game for now.
>>
>>639218
*aren't sequential
>>
>>638831
Arizona, for sure
>>
>>638831
arguably Lebanon
>>
>>638831
Kairo, depending on your definition of mountains
>>
>>638831
>almost every state in the American south west
>central Anatolia
>anywhere in northern India
>eastern Pakistan
>northern Iran
>innumerable areas in Sub-Saharan Africa

Even if a state didn't have all of them at once, the fact that virtually every state in the game represents an area with diverse geography, climate, and ecology should mean that multiple terrain types should exist in almost every state. It is not superfluous to expect that the rgo capabilities in the forests of northern California should be different than in the plains near Sacramento.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.