[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Romebox.jpg (21 KB, 246x352)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
What are the best mods for the original RTW? Not the remastered one
Also is Vanilla enhanced any good?
>>
>>629554
For what type of mod you are looking for?
>>
>>629923
Something that stays close to vanilla but is enough to be identifiable as "different game"
I'm not to much of a historically accurate type of person.
>>
I also checked out the fine turned mod but there wasn't much footage of it being played.
Just a small overview by that youtuber Gudea TW. That also seemed kinda cool
>>
File: rtwe.png (431 KB, 484x469)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
Rome Total War Enhanced is pretty fun. It consolidates the Romans into one faction (and gives them slingers) as well as additional units to a lot of the other factions (Scythia gets a few more infantry units, Carthage gets foot archers). Macedon gets units from the Alexander campaign.

In addition the campaign map is greatly expanded in not just number of settlements, but also direction. The map spreads all the way to Pakistan and naturally introduces 3 new factions (Arabs, Bactria, India).

Attached are my previous Carthage campaign and my current Macedon one.
>>
>>629987

Extremely cool hows it going compared to version 18 of that mod? Like some people were saying there was
>no end game
for the Romans cause no civil war. This mod is the one i'm leaning to the most. I'm most likely just gonna get the version 19 most updated one.
So far seen tons of footage and seems the most fun but it was version 18 of the mod. Where rome was 4 factions.
How do the temples work with rome all one faction?
Like one gets to pick from the Julii, Scipii, Brutii gods?
I noticed in the V18 footage. The person playing could build multiple shrines/

also dope on conquering the entire map lol i've only done that like a few times So i guess it does have a fun end game
>>
File: roman start.png (1.55 MB, 1067x791)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>630006
No idea, haven't played as the Romans. In both campaigns they were the first faction wiped out because they start with almost all of Italy (attached) and pump out armies like crazy. As a consequence, no Marian reforms.

The campaign goals are also expanded to force you to conquer outwards. One of the territories you need as Carthage is in Crimea, which is a little more than a skip and a hop from Africa. As Rome I think you need Carthage, Londinium, Burgidala, Corinth, and Artaxarta for victory conditions for example.

Also the Romans can choose from virtually every temple, same as Macedon.
>>
The two biggest issues I encountered are
1. As Carthage I could not at any point ever recruit armored war elephants. I have no idea why. I built up the stables to maximum levels and still could not get them. They are in the game and I can get them in vanilla just fine, no idea why they aren't accessible. My only thought is that they pertain to the Marian reforms but I have no idea.
2. The game crashes after every third or so battle as Macedon, no idea why I had maybe 3 crashes total in the entire campaign as Carthage.
>>
>>630018
>>630015
Oh okay. Thats cool every temple is buildable. Also expanded goals is cool. Especially if one likes long campaigns. Did the author revamp the temples to where like they combine?
As the pantheon ? Or is it one or two temples can be built to pantheon Status.
Also whats the colony system like? Is it important to make sure every single settlement has a colony ? I mean naturally but whats like the build status on that?

Also speaking on the crash thing. I did read a dude in the Moddb comments saying it was crashing.
With the Author claiming to occasionally turn the game off and back on in the comments as a response.

I'm gonna give V19 a go as the Romans. Favorite factions overall even if they were "easy mode" in the original.

Speaking on the elephants. I know its "cheating" but did you ever try spawning them in through the console? Just to see if they're in it at all?
I know sometimes shit can be named weird that way but maybe they're not in it. What about as Mercenaries?
>>
>>629554
Try XGM (eXtended Greek Mod), but beware of the cancerous start and the unification of military buildings
>>
>>630940
I remember trying XGM, but I got tired of it quickly because AI stack spam was so heavy that it got annoying to fight 1 or 2 armies of 10+ soldiers a turn.
>>
>>630971
And thats why i only play medieval 2 total vanilla beyond
>>
>>630974
That’s a great mod too, I’m enjoying total bananas 1099 as well. I’m total vanilla I had a blast as Venice and Armenian Cilicia.
>>
>>630940
I ended up going with version 18 of the enhancement mod. I wanted that end game civil war.
>>
>>631395
I'll give it a try then
>>
>>631407
So far its not so bad. Fired it up as the Julii. I woulda went with 19 but i felt turning rome into one faction.
Takes away from what RTW is suppose to represent.
>>
Roma surrectum and EB1
>>
>>629554
The original EB. Ignore the Med2 version of it, it's shit.
>>
>>629554
> Get Your Hands Dirty
> Complete a campaign without auto-resolving a single battle
Does anyone know if this includes boat auto resolves?
>>
>>629554
Any mods for Hellenic Egypt?
>>
>>634668
Alot of mods for Rome total war change Egypt to Hellenic faction. Its honestly one of the most common changes across all mods.

Theres even some where the start Egypt faction leader is Ptolemy himself. I think every mod itt does it desu
>>
File: 20210610203901_1.jpg (568 KB, 2560x1440)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
imagine playing rome 1 when rome 2 dei exists
>>
>>635719
>Two AI armies in transport ships attack your full stack fleet with artillery so it becomes a CoD turret section
Rome 2 can be fun, but the AI is so goddamn retarded.
>>
>>635723
Are you implying R1's AI is any better?
>>
I should get rome 2 desu next time its on sale. Its like 60 bones for that game.
I just like rome 1 alot and medieval 2 alot. Some times i play medieval 1 cause of all the weird shit you can do it in. Like marrying a princess off to her brother.
lmao
You cant do that in medieval 2. I think the most that can happen is like marry a princess off to a field promoted general.
>>
>>635731
I use Alex.exe and it can be good(sometimes), sadly it still suck on battlefield
>>
>>635734
Theres a pretty in depth family tree and political system in rome 2, if thats your thing. its fun to have the sons of your king become generals or kings themselves later on. i especally love how you can change politcal systems, like turning athens into an oligarchy or making rome back into a kingdom.
>>
>>635754
That sounds pretty cool. Is there passive effects for each government?
Like if you choose a kingdom you XYZ bonuses?
>>
File: 20210610214924_1.jpg (484 KB, 2560x1440)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>635759
yep there is
>>
>>635774
Seems like Republic and Government empires are the best in that game Also reformed republic seems cool.
But i bet that 2% conversion rate adds up with normal republic
Kingdom -4 public order PER TURN oh thats rough
I'm assuming theres probably specific buildings that counteract the penalties and things. I like things like that.
A older RTS game had governmental selection called Rise of Nations but it was extremely basic and just gave off one bonus or another

This seems like it'll have major effects. sometimes in the older games it really does become a major pain the ass dealing with a "empire"
Thats nice i'm definitely gonna get it then at some point seems like alot of depth for the management portion
Which albeit was a pain in the ass. sometimes all it took was lowering the taxes a bracket and adding one more unit to a cities roster
>>
>>635777
mind you those are only the government types for rome, different factions get different options
>>
>>635785
Ah okay cool but if you were playing as the romans which one would you pick?
>>
>>635777
>Kingdom -4 public order PER TURN
I don't get it. Does it keep increasing -4 per turn ad infinitum until rebellion? How's that fair?
>>
>>635825
it's just a static -4 malus across all of your provinces, not too hard to make up for assuming you don't build your provinces like a troglodyte
>>
>>635754
Is it worth playing this game vanilla or should I just jump on DeI? Everyone seems to cream their panties over it.
>>
>>635785
>government types for rome
>kingdom
>>
>>635860
Yeah? Before it was a republic it used to be a kingdom.
>>
>>635868
An empire is a kingdom but big
>>
>>629942
Roma surrectum
>>
>>635909
An empire is a kingdom but with an emperor, IE a king of kings
>>
>>635909
No. A kingdom is a people ruled by a King. An empire is a collection of disparate peoples subject to a central authority.
>>
>>634475
you must manually fight all land battles for the achievement. naval battles have no bearing.
>>
>>635719
Rome 2 dei historical family trees are broken in some campaigns.
>>
Take your pick.
https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?214-Rome-Total-War-amp-Remastered-Hosted-Modifications
>>
>>629987
disgusting blobber
>>
>>636329
What do you mean?
>>
>>629554
guys why the fuck am i getting 32fps in this game please help
specs:
win10
rtx 2080 not ti
3.7ghz i7 8700k
do I need a better processor?
idk my motherboard and forgot power supply specs
>>
>>637942
+ before anyone suggests it, no, i will NOT be getting rome "remastered"
>>
>>637942
It's ancient and runs bad.
>>
>>635868
kingdom era rome was basically just another barbaric italian city state, they didn't even speak recognizable latin and their writing had just come straight from the etruscans and looked more like greek. After the kingdom period, they hated kings with such a passion that the term emperor had to be invented when they became a monarchy again.
>>
>>637947
i would like to retract my previous statement. i WILL be getting Rome Remastered™
fuck it. tried to mess around with directx 8 and winxpsp3 compatibility mode, even turning graphics down and nothing helps considerably
>>
>>637942
>>637945
You have 3 options:
1) install d3d fix
2) use the 1.5 exe
3) play rome on alexander / barbarian invasion exe

I suggest 3 as alex AI is superior (still shit but pathfinding is better)
>>
>>637990
nvm i forgot that you can combine the d3d fix with the 1.5 rome exe to match alex performance, the pathfinding is still worse tho
>>
>>637990
Does Remastered use the better AI?
I'm guessing no because creative assembly
>>
>>638016
I haven't played it, but i heard that pathfinding is much worse, combat ai is the same and campaing ai is better but you can still exploit it
>>
>>638017
Pathfinding wasn't even touched at all. People are either honestly misremembering or using the new extreme unit size in the options which is not meant for anything except open field battles.
>>
>>638232
this. even ultra size is pushing it. remember that huge unit sizes in the original caused problems? extreme is only fitting for three kingdoms. i don't know why troy would have it. just use ultra or the one below ultra guys.
>>
>>637954
open task manager and uncheck core 0
>>
How does every one have problems running this game?
I got a modern PC and never have any problems. It always runs the way i remember it.
>>
>>638662
what os you have?>
>>
>>629554

>Vanilla-like vanilla-setting:
Barbarian Empires/Hellenistic Legacy (I recommend the former until the next version is out), Vanilla Enhanced v18, XGM, FTMM
>Vanilla-like other settings:
Wars of the Peloponnesus, BI vanilla mod
>Autismo
EB, XC5, RTH
>Middle of the ground
RS3 (best looking), RTR8 (quite solid experience), RTRPE(a classic)
>>
>>629554
all the good mods for the game as said by me

Europa barbarorum
end of days 2
Fourth age total war
and the lord of the rings total war mod
all of them are great and wonderfull mods but the lord of the rings total war mod doesnt play nice with any other mod since it kinda fully overhauls the entire game files and ai included
>>
not mention of invasio barbarorum?
>>
>>639667
they make the battles too big my pc fries when I try it
>>
>>639560
>Helenistic Legacy
Damn this mod is good, cant believe i never heard of it before
>>
>>640379
meant for >>639557 but whatever

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.