[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 159 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Stellaris_Logo.jpg (23 KB, 460x215)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/stellaris-dev-diary-214-announcing-the-custodians-initiative-and-the-free-lem-update.1477655/
Paradox is going to try and fix the shittier parts of the old Stellaris DLCs. Thoughts?
>>
>>623685
Are they finally gonna tie the old Precursor event chains into the Ancient Relics archaeology system?
>>
>>623685
I’m interested in how they’re gonna update the Plantoids and Humanoids packs. Plantoids definitely could use some additions. An advisor voice certainly, but maybe a new species trait akin to lithoids where they consume energy credits (photosynthesis) and use food for parts of their ships so as to differentiate from machine empires. Also a new origin would be nice.
Humanoids could use more customization on its portraits, that would be a nice addition. Again, also another origin would be nice.
Speaking of, glad they’re doing Necrophage Hive Mind. Finally can LARP as the Flood.
>>
>>623685
>Thoughts?
I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
people still play this dumpster fire? lol

cant polish a turd as we say
>>
>>623685
They are finally implementing a change which I have been wishing for since Utopia:
Changing the tradition trees into the political idea system of Eu4.
I'm happy for that. The way political ideas work in Eu4 pretty much changes the way your nation feels depending on which idea group you take.
>>
>>624089
as (((we))) say, right moshe?
>>
>>624089
>people still play this dumpster fire? lol
/thread
>>
>>623685
Bring back different travel options
Bring back different starting weapons

Those two were two biggest things that changed how your made up species actually played.
>>
>>623685
Sounds good.

Wonder what the-
>>623707
Well like this anon said, I'm also curious what additions will be made to Plantoids and Humanoids.
>>
>>625970
>>623707
Since they will add unique mechanics to plantoids and humanoids they should add mechanics to base game species as well.
>>
>>625985
What mechanics do the birbs get
>>
>>626052
They can poop on their enemies cars to cause unhappiness
>>
Not every species should have unique mechanics, I think that's a quick recipe for bloat although this is stellaris we're talking about. Instead they should have a few unique traits to pick from but heavily differentiating everyone is a mistake in a universe where half the species are really not that different. Humanoids, reptiles, avians, mammalians, etc. have a lot of overlap and operate on very similar principles for the most part.

>>623707
Food for ships sounds really interesting and might even push them towards the direction of something like amoeba ships? If they could bypass alloys with food it could get really out of hand in a fun but OP way but they might need unique weapons or ship techs for that to make sense or be balanced.
>>
>>626198
>Not every species should have unique mechanics
I can't agree with this. The most fun in stellairs next to exploring/quests is creating your own donut steel species. The more stuff there is to make species unique the better. And it is for this reason that I will always be butthurt about removal of ftl types and weapons. And it's also why I'm using mods for far more traits, far more ethics and far more planet types among other things.
And when everyone else save for base game species will get their own gimmicks it will look jarring.
>>
Is there a mod that lets me play with small fleet sizes with fewer capital ships? I always found it weird they let you name your ships and then you operate swarms like in Star Ruler.
>>
>>625970
I think humanoids won't get a lithoid like bonus but will probably just get new hairstyles and stuff.
>>
My favourite part of this game honestly is making custom empires, so any content added that expands upon that is great.
>>
>>624888
Bring back tiles too
>>
File: Blorgette.jpg (264 KB, 1171x948)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>
>>623685
Even they themselves know their games are a sprawling mess of a simulation. Thankfully we still have 4X that are actually games, like Civ or Endless Space.
>>
>>626992
>Xeno-Compatability: On
>>
>>623685
Well, from what they've listed.

>Buffing the Backlog: We’re reviewing some old DLC to revitalize them with some new content. Humanoids Species Pack and Plantoids Species Packs will now feature some new gameplay features. By the way, did anyone say Necrophage Hive Minds?
is not a bad idea because species packs are fucking worthless unless you REALLY want the visuals.
>>
>>624888
Starting weapons was a useless choice as you could change from day one and the whole system is boring ass rock paper scissors anyway. But the travel system actually mattered for a large part of the game.
>>
Are they going to make the game faster or will it be the same snoozefest after 2 hours with any sort of fleets taking AGES to get anywhere, wars lasting way too long and literally anything taking way too long?
>>
There's nothing wrong with eating plantoids if you're a humanoid, its vegetarian
>>
>>627452
The game needs advanced portrait appearance-combining for the results of Xeno-Compatibility pairings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwA-VVBwgg
>>
>>627971
hyperlanes were a mistake
>>
Is the latest dlc and its fixes in a playable state now?
any mandatory mods?

got me' map painting itch again
>>
>>629254
I'd say it's more than playable, better than 2.8 handsdown.
>>
>>629254
Slide the new pop sliders down to the point of breaking your PC.
Auto-migration means no more micro-managing planets after you're done with them.
No mandatory mods after 3.03.
>>
What type of nations would you "wonderful" peoples recommend playing to have fun? Just tried a hostile belligerent scion playthrough (basically being a babylonian vassal in space) and while its fun painting the map, it was way too easy and some of the events are op, like if it wasnt from those ships they freely gives I wouldnt have steam rolled early game like it was nothing, I mean the 4 ships alone could overpower entire fleets on their own, at least until mid game, which was very silly.

Are determined exterminator fun to play? Or anything you would recommend? Maybe try a technocratic one planet/sector state and survive as long as possible?
>>
>>623685
Looks like that Leviathan fiasco hit them harder than I initially tought.
>>
>>629254
I see that Oddworld reference, Gamer.
>>
>>632239
what Leviathan fiasco?
there has been many more, and worse dlcs since
>>
>>625985
Huh, it's real.
I dropped it couple expansions back for other, well, genres actually. But I loved the humanoid ships, mainly because everything else is trash or otherwise imo.
Guess I'll look and see if I want to get back into it after the update drops.
>>
>>626358
I don't think I've ever seen a mod which makes it less but more meaningful, for any game.
It's always more more more. Nevermind that the game engine or your CPU is literally creaking under the weight.
>>
>>632265
Retardfriend, seems like you're living under a rock.
>>
>gene-edited the fallen empire's species into nerve-stapled pleasure slaves again
Why can't I stop?
>>
File: 1526415082423.jpg (163 KB, 993x747)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>632490
Apparently, so why not enlightened me?
>>
>>633738
Hah. I like that.
>>
>>632490
Not that guy, but I also have no idea what "fiasco" you're referring to.
>>
>>632490
>Spergs out at someone randomly
>Forgets the name of the expansion he is sperging out over

It’s nemesis, retard
>>
>>633770
Not either of those guys, but he's talking about the EU 4 Leviathan dlc, not Stellaris'
Maybe know what you're talking about before calling others retards, you retard.
>>
>>633808
>Doesn’t clarify
>Calls others retards and samefags
>>
>>633813
>Can't do a simple Google search
Call samefag all you want dude, I'm not the guy you were originally talking to
>>
>>633738
>>633763
Johan shat on eu4drones (again) but this time the cashcows made sure to make Leviathan the worst rated item on steam.
Gutted Imperators dev team to be the new bug fixers

Where do you think they got the ''custodians'' from? Clonning vats?

>>633770
>chimp doesn't know how to use google
>chimps out
one banana for this nigga please
>>
link to DLC, I stopped playing Stellaris right after the first DLC so I have none of them and don't want to pay this fucking retarded company any money
>>
Man i bought a bunch of Stellaris DLC in a humble bundle, i really don't know how you people can play this shitty game. I've spent 70 hours playing it all of which i regret. The autistic management, the esoteric production systems, the absolute clusterfuck of your empire if you go to war once... It's not fun... I don't see how anyone enjoys this game... Maybe with mods... It's weird that paradox is doubling down on this game that's not fun... From what I've seen imperator looks more fun than this piece of shit game.. Every time I'd finish playing it is swear that is never touch it again, only to come back, play, be immensely disappointed until i finally uninstalled it
>>
so what should i set teh logistic and other sliders to get teh pre fucked gorwth ratess? 1x and 0x?
>>
>>635035
Stellaris can almost be fun with mods, except that its ruined by the fucking spaghetti code lag and how even with mods there's only a couple dozen major events and quest chains and you're going to see all of them in one playthrough.
>>
>>635035
Its only a clusterfuck if you dont properly manage your expansion, ie if you're careful to restrain possible enemy movement to a few specific routes, then wars become a lot easier, also protip once you defeat their main navy, go straight for their stations as their retreating army is likely to retreat to its nearest station. Like logistics is one of the main aspect of a space based grand strat, its one thing to conquer the galaxy, its another to be able to insure its homogenity and defense. Also its good to learn when and where to expands, sometimes you're better off waging multiples wars against a weak neighbor to make annexation less of a hassle for your administration, and specialization of planet production does wonder to get a big boost early games. Also apart from alloy, all others ressources are complimentary, so it should be your first objective to have a prod able to support steady fleet building, like at least 30 per months in the first 20 years will make you a power house, and you can always bully others for their ressources too.
>>
>Have secure borders with ai it has no chance of breaking
>It wars me
>wihtout a single batle or incindent the timer clicks down and status quo is declared
>its fucking science and construction sihps start swarming my shit since i cant lock my borders back down

this is utter bullshit and not a single mod can fix it (only reduce truce time, but the forced border shit still lingers for 5 years regardless of truce)
>>
>>635035
Basically all 4x space games have preset factions. Customizable race and generator of them which makes every play-through different makes it unique and great.
>>
>>635035
Paradox fucked it and have no ideas of how to un-fuck it because they have no plan for what the game is meant to be except getting people to buy more DLC. They claimed to have some over-arching plan when they fucked the FTL options and planetary management, and these changes were supposedly necessary steps towards that. Over three years later, there's no sign of the destination. It was a lie Wiz made up and then he fucked off to another project, apparently not having communicated this 'new vision' to anybody. It might as well not exist, so it probably never did.
>>
Anons, is there a way to pirate dlc and still be able to play online? The guy we usually play with who has all the dlc is in some forest for the month :c
>>
>>635035
you got filtered its ok to just admit it
>>
>>641019
creamapi
>>
>>639942
I fucking hate that shit. I push an empire's shit in because they expand into space that is directly next to me which I want, and then after I fuck them up and the truce happens they go right fucking back to it so I have to genocide their retarded asses to actually keep my fucking borders. How are we this many 4X games in and you can't talk to other empires and say "THIS IS WHERE I WILL EXPAND, IF YOU GO HERE I WILL FUCKING END YOUR SPECIES"
>>
>>641428
I vaguely remember a few 4X games where you can bitch about an empire expanding near you. It never does anything though.
>>
>>641428
yeah, diplomacy is barebones as fuck, so why not add a second layer of map painting and divvy up the space on the negotiation table including favors, promises, trades in exchange of territory, which you can then honor or fuck the recipients over, like irl colonozation shit

and in lategame when the unclaimed space runs out, and clear strong-weak nations form, then the council of powerful nations can backroom divvy up the wealikngs too, like cold war era sheningans
>>
>>641440
Probably because the AI sucks at territory strategy and no one's found a way to make them not suck. Allowing the AI to trade away its territory is just opening a massive exploit for human players.
>>
Hey, I'm playing an Inward Perfection game and I thought I could use the Colossus CB to conquer stuff but's it's not appearing anywhere, I was sure you could before, did they change it?
>>
>>623685
Cool, good to see. I particularly hope they make fleet management better - I should be able to move ships from fleet to fleet at the very least, and manage armies the same way I manage fleets. There're also a lot of low-hanging fruit in terms of UI / QoL improvements: ability to go to a fleet from the fleet manager window, an "unemployment focused" resettlement view that shows all the unemployed pops on the left and planets with available jobs on the right, instead of forcing you to scroll through the planet lists repeatedly, the ability to swap leader assignments in one step, a "travel time" map overlay to make it easier to distribute gateways, etc.
>>
>>624888
>Bring back different travel options

Game was even more braindead when literally everyone used warp drives. Locking warp drives behind techs was the best decision they've ever made.
>>
>>644162
Also, please let me draw my own sectors. Sectors hardly matter right now, but the role play aspect would be so much better if I could properly divide up sectors by area of influence. Ie, "Sol Sector", "Ring Sector", "Mawree Colonial Sector", etc instead of sort of having that, but with a bunch of extra single planet sectors, sometimes important planets being too close to separate, etc.

Really I think sectors, empire sprawl / administrative capacity, starbase capacity, and influence should be totally reworked so that managing your territory feels more engaging and has better in-universe logic, rather than just "build more admin buildings" and "claim a squiggly tentacle of systems to avoid wasting influence". I feel trade, travel time, different cultures, etc should matter way more and they should do away with the arbitrary admin capacity and starbase capacity entirely.
>>
>>644175
>please let me draw my own sectors.
i have no idea why the fuck they removed this. i cant tell you how many times i've had single planets that are 5 jumps away from the nearest sector capital, its infuriating
>>
>>623685

Honestly, every Paradox game could use this treatment, and I totally commend them for dedicating some resources to:
>Tweaking game balance
>Adding new content to old DLC
>Polishing existing content
>Bug fixes
>Performance improvements
>AI improvements
>Multiplayer stability
>UI and quality-of-life improvements

Stellaris is probably my least favorite Paradox game, I think it's super boring, I probably won't play it even with this, but 100% honest, if this delivers even marginal improvements across those dimensions that's a really cool thing to do and I wish they would do for all their games.
>>
>>623685
It sounds good, they'll put some people on balance and maintaining the code, rather than just "eh we'll get to it when we get to it"
Or at least I hope
>>
>>641428
You should ask the Syrians how they feel
>>
>>644175
>>644235
>not setting the core sector to 100000 jumps and ignoring that shit entirely
>>
>>623685
>trying to be a barbarian despoiler slave-taking conquering empire
>conquer my neighbors and get 75 pops of them to my 100-ish
Shit I had to make them and my current slaves into residents just to avoid a complete meltdown of society

Now this criminal syndicate with 3 other races under its federation is causing awful crime across my empire, time to have a massive brawl against them I guess. What are my other options?
>>
File: 1616350994151.jpg (236 KB, 850x1203)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>645345
I just make everyone into either house niggers or cattle.
>>
>>645374
Oh don't worry, all humanoids are "residents" and all non-humanoids get sent to space gulags
>>
I read this as
>Paradox is going to break a bunch of existing mods and introduce shitloads of new bugs into old features
>>
>>645345
>Shit I had to make them and my current slaves into residents just to avoid a complete meltdown of society
Why? You can just sell slaves on the galactic market and shuffle pops around your colonies to keep them enslaved and ensure you always have a master race present. At worst you simply sell off all the slaves and abandon the colonies. I have a lot of experience playing slaver empires and they're extremely based. It's not quite as fun as it used to be when you could simply purge unwanted pops as any authoritarian empire, but between slave-selling and pop resettlement and enforcers you have plenty of options for maintaining public order.
>>
>>623685
Is there any way to fix the performance of the species screen?
Anytime I get more than 9 species on that page, it turns into a horrible slog to browse through
>>
how do you get rid of branch offices? i have my crime at zero for decades and they just keep infesting my shit
>>
>>645837
The criminal syndicate branches are nigh impossible to get rid of, irc they're also capped so you can only get rid of one every few years
You'll have to go to war against them
>>
>>645837
>>645447
The answer to all of life's problem is genocide.
>>
>>645345
when you go wide slaver now, the meta is your homeworld and core worlds being ecumenopoli and everything else as thrall worlds.
>>
Is there any reason to pick necroid unless you want to roleplay as space vampire/ring worm? Like does they have special stuff going on for them or its just being a devouring hivemind with extra steps and less galactic hatred?
>>
>>646560
I've only played two campaigns so far, but the whole game depends pretty heavily on role play. The mechanics aren't really that deep, most of my fun comes from injecting a bit of role play instead of trying to play optimally.
>>
>>623685
people still play this bloated soulless mess?
>>
File: tragedyofman_b.jpg (126 KB, 910x638)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
I just want to create a species or culture, but having GOOD or at least NOT SHIT gameplay, unlike Stellaris after FTL methods were deleted.
Are there any other games that bother to give a focus on species/faction creation & roleplaying, or we have to stick with Stellaris?
>>
>>646560
they are the strongest way to play slaver
>>
any good way of getting strategic resources?

I try to limit my no. of planets/pops, but i need housing/slots for these which results in more pop i have to give job for, which needs more strategic resources, which....
>>
>>648366
synthetic crystal/gas refineries/chemical plants on every single planet
>>
Please update the factions system to make it actually meaningful please update the factions system to make it actually meaningful, a modder already did most of the work for you ffs just make it pretty and implement it into the game with extra content
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1227620643
>>
>>627028
Gamification ruined Civ.
>>
>>623685
how is there not a aquatic species pack in this game?
they have fucking zombies but no fish people?
retarded.
>>
>>648374
but i need those slots for burocrats and researchers and jails and clone vats and clinics and all three resource boosting shits otherwise the planet is full of housing and no jobs
>>
File: 1623909490785.jpg (215 KB, 1033x1400)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>623685
the economy really got fucked by the population update. jesus fucking christ. any mods that fix it?
>>
>>648928
Why do you need bureaucrats if you're playing tall?
>>
>>648850
>molluscoid
>not aquatic

You can already rp as a chtlhu donut steel if you want.
>>
>>648928
Clone vats are basically useless since regular soldier are better apart from the upkeep which is only a temporary problem especially at the start, might as well just make robots instead.
>>
>>648850
It would be cool to have ocean worlds, water-filled habitats, and even an option to terraform other worlds by flooding them.
>>
>>649579
clone vats allow you to assemble organic pops now, really damn good
>>
>>649724
>assembly meme
just build ecumenopoli, they have a higher innate growth bonus lmao
>>
>>649886
what if i build a clone vat on an ecumenopoli?
>>
>>650106
I won't judge
>>
>>645938
>>645837
No you can get rid of them, build precincts depending on how much crime they're causing and after about 10-20 years of crime being at 0 the criminal syndicate branches close via event.
Also, dictatorships apparently have fun options for cooperating with criminal syndicates?
>>
Is the espionage system absolutely retarded or is it just me? Like 10 operations 9 of which arent great at all. Always plays out the same.
>>
>>650937
I basically only ever do gather information, steal technology, or pirates.
>>
>>648302
Spore
>>
>>634774
Nice fanfic, schizo. Don't forget your meds.
>>
>>623685
Is there a general for this game?
And is there a way to remove women and minorities from my custom faction?
I don't mean it how it may sound, I am trying to create a roleplay of a fictional setting and it just wouldn't make sense otherwise.
>>
File: pora umierać.jpg (34 KB, 549x505)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>released in 2016
>they're still fixing it
What's wrong with Paradox?
>>
>>651648
>I don't mean it how it may sound
oh thank god. i was about to downvote you
>>
>>651648
>>651769
I know right, I was about to cancel him on Twitter.
>>
>>651648
There is but since you're a pussy I won't tell you how, fucking simp
>>
>>651769
>>651809
>>651851
I meant it like I'm not trying to make a thread like MUH WYMIN AND NEGROES IN VIDYA WAAA
I just want to create a faction like the Great British Space Empire and only have whitey, because it was just white blokes knocking about in that setting. SImple as.
>>
What am I doing wrong here?
>Survery surrounding systems
>Build starbases and nothing else in each, not sure what else to build
>Increase fleet with what little alloy I get from home planet
>Make contact and instantly get rekt
>>
>>651726
>Mentally challenged anon struggles to wrap his head around of the concept of "games as a service"
>>
>>651865
colonize your free starter planets right away, pops add to production and fleet cap
first building should always be alloy foundry
Only build starbases in choke points
build an anchorage to up your fleet cap
spend more alloys on fleets
wa la
>>
>>652120
>Only build starbases in choke points
Next thing you know you expand and realise you're surrounded
>>
>>652129
well if you spam starbases early in every single system you wont have a proper fleet, and starbases go down way easier than an equivalent power fleet and cant retreat to repair
>>
>>651865
You can micromanage your pop job with the planet population tab, by manually adding/removing available jobs. Ie rather than wasting a guy on administration you dont need yet, lower it to 1 so he find a job in another job sector.
In term of priority, id say mineral is the first you should aim for, with power as needed (you can always build then later when youll need it), alloy (make sure to have at least 30 mineral per month before that, else your mineral prod will suffer and wont be able to support planetside projects), then science.
You can change trade policy to bring others stuff rather than only energy cred (very good in empires with lots of trade) when you dont need that much energy later on.
When you're at war, dont waste time on lone stations and aim for his big ones, as they're likely to retreat to it once you defeat their navy, effectively cutting their escape short and destroying their fleet.
>>
>decide to start a game as necrophage lithoid fanatic despoiler or whatever the name
>Invade first enemy, run of the mill really
>Plan was to take control and resettle pops to capital so main species can grow and support the industry
>Get control of their habitats
>tons of necrophages pop appear out of nowhere on the habitats once I gain ownership
>Can't afford to resettle main species due to energy cost
>Because invaded species being purged, doesnt work so no energy prod
>-66 energy per turn
>I have 647 energy cred left

Gg, that was a short one. The fuck was that about, it was like the moment I took control an entire portion of their species got converted instantly, which honestly sound like a bug.
>>
>>652608
I honestly just rush science and enjoy dominance over pretty much everyone else since they're pathetic at tech, if I luck out and get an ally nearby I'll just ignore building a fleet until about halfway to 2300 since no one's gonna fuck with me.
>>
>>652908
(samefagging) Like with the galactic market its fucking disgusting how much you can just rush research up to research complexes and just buy exotic gases in lieu of actually producing them
>>
>>651865
Build mining stations in annexed systems. Focus on energy credits first since these are used to pay the upkeep on other mining stations and on planetary buildings. Minerals are your next priority. When you have the spare minerals left, go through and build research stations. Early game, system resources from mining stations will be a huge bump to your economy because they will be a much larger percentage of what you produce.

Late game though, most of your resources will be coming from planetary production and/or trade. To that end, your goal is to get more pops. So that means you'll be looking for habitable worlds you can colonize. Pop growth is tied to a colony, a colony can only grow one pop of each species type at a time based on the food surplus. The more colonies you have, the more pops you have growing concurrently, the faster your economy booms.

You want to run a huge surplus of energy and minerals for your fleet. Early on you should max out your fleet cap with corvettes until you can get some upgrades to your fleet capacity and naval capacity. Naval capacity is how many ships total your empire can support, and fleet capacity is how many ships you can put in a single fleet. Ideally your naval capacity should be several times higher than your fleet cap so you can field multiple large fleets. However early on you're beholden to random techs from the Society pool and there's lots of other high priority ones besides naval/fleet cap to pick up, so building anchorage modules on your upgraded star bases is going to be helpful.

For specifics, planetary buildings are very important and you should plan which ones you want on which colonies in advance. At first you won't be unlocking new slots often, unless you build city districts, but I find myself building energy districts in the early game more than other types. Everything consumes energy credits for upkeep, so it's good to have a baseline production of it. You can always swap districts later.
>>
>>652909
Late game I have so many colonies that I just dedicate a few to producing gasses for research complexes.
>>
>>652987
Lastly, research is very important going into mid game. If you fall behind it can be hard to catch up. I like to devote a few slots to research labs on my home world, and always try to build at least a couple labs on any colony I found. As the game progresses and my economy snowballs hard, I start spamming research labs wherever I have available building slots. The faster you can research techs, the faster you can reach your power spikes by unlocking new ship tiers, new weapon tiers, and rare technologies. In the very late game when you're doing repeated techs, it allows you to very quickly power up your fleet to compete with crises and awakened empires.

Ultimately all the economic advice I gave in the previous post is about getting to the point you can sustain a massive amount of research. Besides spamming labs you'll want to take any curator enclave research deals that you can, make sure you have your best scientists in research leader positions, and always grab techs that enhance research speed. In the very late game your ability to churn through repeated enhancement techs is the real bottleneck to power, since if you've survived that long your economy is probably an unstoppable juggernaut anyway.
>>
Rubricator and deja vu dig site both are huge waste of times that should be reworked. Rubri because the reward is shit for wasting a potentially powerful scientist/colony (shard appear no matter what after a while, lost a whole colony to this once), and deja vu because it does nothing but give a huge debuff to the scientist you've used.
>>
>>652645
make sure to set default species rights to slavery instead of purge
>>
Ability to centralize federations into superstate monstrosities when
>>
>>654171
Not quite what you're looking for, but in the Nemesis dlc there's a decision in the galactic community to become the custodian in order to deal with the crisis. After its over you can choose to keep your powers and form the galactic imperium, making everyone in it your vassals
>>
>>655155
I know, but they're not even proper vassals, baka
>>
File: 1499958843253.png (49 KB, 327x297)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Fellow honest law-abiding gamers, where might one obtain the DLCs for Stellaris at the lowest possible price?
>>
>>656994
cs.rin.ru, retard
>>
federations dlc is dirt cheap on wingamestore atm
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/11505/Stellaris-Federations/
site is legit btw, never had issues with them
>>
Hegemon federation with only vassals as members, as a feudal society, yes/no/toaster?
>>
>>656994
SteamUnlocked should have you covered, gamer.
>>
Howre you all liking 3.03? I like it better than I have in awhile. Still I found myself board by mid late game.
>>
>>656994
kinguin
if you're looking to actually buy the dlcs for steam you can get some of the older ones for <$3 each.
>>
>>657493
no, don't do kinguin, it has very bad rep. I tried it twice, got scammed with fake key every time, had to play mouse and cat with the support for over a week to get my money back to my bank account
>>
Does anyone else miss primitive civs not instantly going extinct every single time they had a nuclear war? When exactly was the "haha dead tomb world/toxic world every time" shit added?
>>
>>652148
just spam hangar bays
>>
>>657005
doesn't seem to work for paradox
>>
>>661604
Works for my machine :^)
>>
>>655986
Out of curiosity, what would you want from a proper vassal that the game doesn't give? I'll admit I'm not super familiar with them cause I have more of a xenophile or isolationist playstyle.
>>
>>657242
Yeah that'll probably be pretty strong, the -50% subject relations power should make it easier to vassalise more powerful empires as long as your fleet strength is high enough.
As well, having a federation generating xp from game start will get you to the highest level pretty fast, which will, among other things, let you demand more of their ships for the federation fleet, weakening them and further adding to your strength.
>>
>>662429
Gee, I dunno, the ability to integrate them into the Imperial Core at the cost of losing imperial authority rapidly, and I mean rapidly
>>
>>662479
But you can integrate your vassals, you just have to wait a certain amount of time and pay influence
>>
>>662559
Yes, anon, and you can't do that with Galactic Imperium "subjects" because they're literally reskinned Galactic Community members but with open borders by default
>>
File: 1550966687816.jpg (28 KB, 400x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
If I wipe out all of an empire's planets with a collosus will I automatically annex them?
Just did it to a fallen empire but I'm not sure if it works on regular ones too.
>>
>>662636
Oh, I didn't realise, that does really suck. I guess it's so the rebellion mechanic can still work or something? Surely it wouldn't be that hard to rework the ai uprising mechanic, or just come up with some new way for civil wars to happen?
>>
>>663660
If you already occupy other planets of theirs then yes, I think so. If not the empire just dies.
>>
>>645433
>sell slaves

To date, the only slaves I ever sold were ones I never had out on the market, I guess it autosell overpop if they're lower class.
>>
Is the steam summer sale pack worth it or should I wait until a Christmas sale to get it?
>>
>>662636
Isn't it possible to "excommunicate" nations from the galactic community, or am I misremembering that part of the council powers?
>>
>>663660
At the moment of their demise/surrender, you'll gain ownership of all annexed territories and the ones you had claims on but didnt directly own at the moment, but everything else will go kaput and youll need to rebuild outpost to regain control.
>>
>>623685
STELLARIS OR ENDLESS SPACE 2????????????????????????????????
>>
Which Stellaris DLCs are worth getting on Steam sale?
>>
>>667330
utopia, pick & mix the rest only if they interest you

generally expansions > story packs > species packs
>>
>>667572
Are there any required for most mods? I think I saw a couple of big modes requiring Megacorp
>>
so i just had an idea to fix spiritual-material axis being the weakest ethic vs the strongest
just take societal research bonus away from materialist and give it to spiritualist instead leaving them with just the physics and engineering boost thereby both nerfing the overly strong one and buffing the overly weak one.
this would keep materialist from being the research max and instead make the axis as a whole a research specialization axis.
it would also make it easier for spiritualist to get their preferred ascension perk without hampering materials from getting theirs
it would also make sense lore wise as spiritualist would see society and life as a gift deserving special attention, while materialist would see those as mundane and only worth moderate research, allocating more resources to more worthwhile studies
thoughts? should materialist get some other smaller bonus to make up for the lost one or do they have enough already?
be nice if someone would make a mod for it, might consider doing it myself but ive never made a mod before and if its too much hassle i might just leave it as a good idea
>>
>>668535
if you're eyeing a specific mod and it requires a dlc, of course
>>
>>667330
It depends on what you like really. Like other anon said, Utopia is a must. I would add Megacorp to that too, it adds a bunch of megastructures and the ability to turn your planets into ecumenopoli.
Personally, my favourite part of the game is all the little stories and events you find, if that's what you're into I'd say go for Ancient Relics and Distant Stars as well.
>>
>>669003
Overall I think this would be a good idea, I do think materialist would need another buff to balance the unity buff spiritualists get, though I'm not sure what that would be, maybe access to an upgraded version of the research institute?
>>
>>669003
I'm thinking maybe the pop growth bonus should be taken from Xenophobe and given to Spiritualist since fundie demographics tend to be the ones who reproduce the most, at least on Earth. But what would we replace it with..?
>>
>>670141
Rather than a buff, change the religion system and make it so it has actual depth and uses, like you could select epitaths or gospels (basically edict) to boost your religious demographic desire for a thing or the other(convertion rate, pop growth, unity, war fatigue, etc), convert others species to your religion as to affect their inner politics (to the point of secession or rebellion), etc.

Religion is so underwhelming in Stellaris, and I personally never saw the unity bonus as valuable.
>>
>>670227
"Let's make this already complicated and convoluted game and slap yet another set of features on top of it, features which will only be useful to 1/8 of the ethics wheel."
Bad take anon, you want a good religion system go play ck, not stellaris
>>
>>623707
Hoping not only for what you wrote here, but also for more stuff for other species. Reptilians, avians, molluscoids...and not only species but also more things with general gameplay.
I really hope they will rework planetary invasions and add in some more unique stuff to planetary armies. I yearn for something like different types of planetary invasions, more unit diversity like tanks, aerial forces, mechs and such (yeah, machine empires can build giant robots that are as big as titanic lifeforms, but would want something for non-machine civs) and more. Not to mention more defensive structure types.
And that's just planets and planetary invasions. Would like if they expanded star bases further to the point of even turning them into habitats in their own right with the proper tech.
They could on the other hand change how pops work a bit. The whole species mixing only available via xenocompatibility is one extreme. Currently you don't either have species mixing or can have via xenocompatibility and that just means everyone with everyone. There should be a middle-ground. Like if you don't have xenocompatibility the least what can happen is that species from the same category can reproduce. Humanoids with humanoids, avians with avians and such. And in the policies you can set if you want species to mix or not (not being the default option for non-xenophiles). Not to mention that there should be more about it.
>>
>>670315
Calling a grand strategy game "convoluted" is like calling an idle game "repetitive", the fuck did you expect from a genre that is inherently eldritch?
>>
>>670321
>Humans can mix with all mammalians because HMoFA
>>
>>671137
>Set to undesirables
>>
>>671154
>casually gets a negative opinion modifier with all other empires that stacks to -1000
>>
>>671157
Next game of mine should be Fanatical Purifiers.
>>
>>670227
>Religion is so underwhelming in Stellaris
yeah, i wish that the religions were real instead of vague spiritualism. religious zealots should HATE religious zealots of another faith
>>
>>670315
>features which will only be useful to 1/8 of the ethics wheel
Features that will be better for people choosing those ethics but everyone might be able to use them just like robots and materialists.
>>
>>671127
I never said that was unexpected retard. What I'm saying is that it reaches a point when it stops being engaging and starts becoming a chore.
>>
>>671363
Even if everyone could use them wouldn't make it better. What you seem to be forgetting is that this would add yet another system for the ai to poorly mismanage, why would they do that when the ai already struggles with basic shit like laying out planets?
>>
>>634774
It's just half the old team focusing on cleanup. Read the QnA.
>>
>>645374
I'm still really made this artist deleted like 3/4ths of his gallery.
>>
>>671512
The joke being you try to make me believe Stellaris, which is probably one of the simplest grand strat in term of complexity, is too "convoluted". Honestly if you believe Stellaris is too complex I can only deduce you're just shitposting and/or never played any grand strat to begin with, using buzzwords you think fit the game for easy bait. Your complain that the games are what they're meant to be, aka complex management games with plenty of means offered to the players to give them ample means to rule as they want, but you just say it as if it was something negative to stir up shit needlessly, by stating its convoluted because of it... sorry anon, you are the retard...
>>
>>671176
Religions should be revamped into a part of the demographic system, where different religions divide the spiritualist demographics into categories, with the advantages given directly correlating with the quantity of pops and the social cohesion/division between them, like ~3% unity per 5% of spiritualist (so like a majority % of a nation pop being of a given religion make it the dominant one, thus they gain huge amount of unity nationally from it, depending on the malus and minuses with others religions present). This is just something off the top of my head, could surely be made nore interesting and interactive, like pushing out theologies/philosoohies to turn the general populace to be more interested in further reforms, or similar.

Like a religion promoting inner peace and egalitarian ethics come in conflict with another religion that consider their slavery their divine right, but allow for theological argumentation so it doesnt just always devolve to communal clubbering. Like a concession from both side by actively reconcile them, could be used to ferment further conflict if bot handled well.
>>
>>623685
should I worry about empire sprawl? im like 105/52
>>
>>672303
It severely reduce your research speed and maintenance, among others thing, so while in the short term its can be bothersome if you dont solve it you'll find yourself dragging behind others nation in term of techs, and it aint when your fleets are getting wiped out effortlessly that you need to realize it. Since youre really over the limit, id recommend building about 2 or 3 administrative complex and forcing people into the job (lower number of other specialized job so they automatically becomes administrators) to solve your problem asap.

Just done a big conquest, amirite?
>>
>>672345
>Just done a big conquest, amirite?
you could say that, and thanks for the tip
>>
>>672303
early game you handle it with an administrative complex per planet

Late game you build bureaucratic centers and fill up planets with complexes
>>
>>672491
Imagine being born on a world where your only purpose is to be a disposable cog in an immense bureaucratic apparatus for an empire you've never even seen the homeworld of.
You sign a piece of holopaper that gives the fleet permission to perform a staturation bombardment on a world you've never even heard of, consigning billions of souls to death. But it's okay, you'll never see a single one of them.
>>
>>672603
not too dissimilar from the people on earth who help authorize wars
>>
File: 1478729409725.jpg (22 KB, 470x363)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>623685
I don't understand why is there such lack of proper portraits on workshop. After all those years I expected workshop to be flooded with quality content in this regard and yet there are barely any worthwhile ones, while majority are lazy static shit lazily cut out of some art from 40k and SW.
What the fuck seriously.
>>
>>673001
To animate portraits you need to use a 3D program like Blender and that's beyond most people.
>>
>>673018
>Need to use 3D program to make 2D sprites
why
Also the tutorial on the wiki says you need to use an old version of Maya, which is of course a paid program. Pretty sure there's a way to do it with Blender but there's never been a guide written on it AFAIK.
>>
>>672603
Vogon Bureacracy
>>
>>672603
Welcome to the imperium, enjoy what left of your stay.
>>
File: bocc sad.jpg (69 KB, 748x754)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>forgot about the Kelptomaniac Rats ending and triggered the dragon
i JUST finished setting everything up too
>>
>>673298
This events chain is the worst, a waste of time barely worth the trouble, and the reward isnt even that great imo. Also inevitably waste one of your scientist.
>>
>>673001
It doesn't take that many patches breaking your mod to make the portrait makers give up.
>>
>>673585
it also nuked my planet and now i have to spam destroyers to kill it since i dont even have cruisers
>>
>>673655
Dont bother, its about as strong as the average leviathan, you're better off waiting until your fleet is strong enough to kill it, at about 30k fleet power. Yes it suck, but its better than to waste an enormous amount of alloy sending shit canoes to their doom.
>>
>>674017
but the planet without any research labs is 8 scientist jobs. i dont have any powerful neighbors and the dragon regens very slowly so im thinking of continuously attacking it
>>
>>674109
Maybe it would be more efficient with corvettes using torpedo or missiles (for damage) as he doesnt have shield, he can only attack one ship at a time (but its an instant kill most of the time) and their high evasion allow them to dodge more often, would also be cheaper to produce.

Now I cant really tell how it would fare, as when it comes to leviathan I just curb stomp them once im sure I can easily do so, mostly because I got screwed too often by the losses when unprepared.
>>
>>674196
my last attempt was all corvettes, i went in with 44 and left with about 10. so i dont think the evasion mattered enough. whereas destroyers have large and medium weapon slots so im hoping those will make a large difference
>>
>>674577
Oh lol, you need at least a 100 corvette fleet to dispose of him effectively (do enough damage/dps so you win the battle of attrition), 40 at a time is absolutely nothing. The dps of a 40 ship fleet is too severely affected by the loss of each individual corvette, at least with as many corvettes as possible you put the odds in your favor by having as much evasion as possible, with the high numbers allowing Shard instant kills to have a more negligable impact on your fleet power. But I wont deny that once you have a reasonable amount of corvettes, it can be very viable to add cruisers or battleships as artillery and hope rngesus is on your side so they wont get targeted early.
>>
>>675056
shit, its still super early game. ive JUST gotten starholds and i think my cap is 5. if i have all anchorages on them i think that gets me to 96 fleet capacity. should i get that then rush the dragon with 96 torpvets?
>>
>>675082
You could try, but save before the battle and esteem if its worth the trouble, if its really early game I dont believe you'll hurt it that much, but I cant take the decision for you. I know your pain, for the exact same reason I now have a great distaste for that event chain, it hurt so much to loose that world, whats worse is you cant prevent it, one day Shard will just decide to visit if you do a colony.

Also unrelated but wth happened to the captcha?
>>
>>675261
i figure theres no reason not to. i only found one other person and i already took his homeworld

from what i heard, Google started charging for captcha so hiromoot rolled back to the legacy system. i dont mind it but needing to solve it every post is annoying
>>
>>631596
>No mandatory mods after 3.03.
what about AI mods? do I still need to fuck around with starnet to get a decent challenge?
>>
>>675302
Yes.
>>
>>649724
Just get a ring, ecu or gaia world, build a lot of housing and give it to a vassal. After a while reintegrate them and steal their pops, repeat for infinite pop growth
>>
>>675275
Charging for captcha? When it was a data mining program to begin with? (It was used to make a basic neural network for self driving cars by analyzing millions of road related image to make an algorithm, what, you think it was a coincidence nearly all the captcha pics were related to roads or driving, one way or another? They didnt even hide it, if you know where to read.) Fucking google I swear to god, bunch of greedy fuck pieces of shit, jope they all get gangrene in the dick
>>
>>675698
im not surprised. seems like par for the course for Google to release some top tier system for free then start charging once everyone uses it. the only thing i really miss is how you didnt need to solve it every post but i dont really care. i heard its even worse for phone posters which is funny
>>
>>675275
>>675698
>>675860
Google's charged for massive use of captcha for a long time. 1 to 1m calls are free, then they charge $1 per 1k calls. It's basically to keep the massive services like cloudflare and whatnot from taking them down with their request load.
>>
>>628721
>The game needs advanced portrait appearance-combining for the results of Xeno-Compatibility pairings.
That's one of the issues with more high effort graphics images.
Makes it harder for modders to make stuff that fits in, makes it harder to edit.
>>
>>672603
As long as the living standards is alright, and people are free to move around it shouldn't be so depressing with a planet like that.
Maybe with a comfy vacation habitat nearby :3
>>
>>672603
>disposable cog
>signs off on saturation bombardment
Clerks can stop jerking off their mundane tasks like it's something incredulous.
The Captain orders the bombardment and he gets a bombardment.
>>
I'm thinking playing as a MegaCorp in a coop game, and focusing a lot on trade value and boost my friends through commercial pacts.
Not sure in what way though, since Clerks seem quite ineffective when you think about conversions to other resources like energy, consumer goods and unity, and then compare them to other jobs.
I guess I could just go halfway and boost it through branch offices, and then use my jobs in regular ways and not focus so much on clerks.
>>
>>676738
As a megacorp, you get bonus ressources from trade power at the cost of adminisrative capabilities. Also you can change what trade power give you in the trading policy tab, so you could to afford more to special ressource prod, conpensating the ressources you dont have with your friend. Also od recommend you make a trade federation, as it will basically add up both your trade power, to your advantage mostly. And you can build branches on his planets, which you can use to help him (ie making a fast food joint can give a huge boost to his loc food production, also do not disregard the ones that give % bonus, as they stack). Clerks are like last priority for any empires, even megacorps. Just make a trade deal with him, youll have so much emone you'll find yourself dumping your friend tens of thousand in credit at a time just for fun.

Later on, you could build habitat for purely commercial purposes and boost your trade with that.
>>
>>627971
They claim to have already fixed it. They added mechanics to massively slow pop growth as your empire increases in size, so there will be fewer pops in the galaxy late game. Whether that actually works or not, IDK, I haven’t played a long game since that was implemented.
>>
>>676980
>Clerks are like last priority for any empires, even megacorps.
Ah okay thanks, seems like I'm not missing anything in relation to that.
>also do not disregard the ones that give % bonus, as they stack
So like a couple of Xeno-Outreach Agencies, to stack up on migration pull for my empire?

I'll probably be Fanatic Xenophile, and try to buy up slave markets, just massing pops in any way.
I guess ring world origin would be ideal to make housing a minor issue, but might be a bit boring.
>>
>>676980
Like if I remember well the special trade policy of megacorps allow you to have for each unit of trade power: 0.5 energy, 0.25 consumer good and .25 alloy, which is stupidly powerful if you can rack up the trade. Way better than the default trade to energy policy (be careful to have enough power prod excess to compensate the loss from trade policy change), especially with that alloy, its crazy how much you can produce from it.
>>
>>677049
the options are 1 trade value are
>1 Energy
>0.5 energy, 0.25 consumer goods
>0.5 energy, 0.25 unity

and if you're a trade league you can get
>0.5 energy, 0.25 unity, 0.25 consumer goods

I started two other coop games recently and forgot about the trade policy and left it on the default, I'll probably keep it on unity asap in the future.
>>
>>677040
Ring world, while being OP as hell (especially as a megacorp), they require tons of minerals to run (not per se, but ring world district jobs require consumers goods, which in turn require minerals, so like that 20 consumer goods (dont remenlmber the exact number) upkeep require a lot of minerals to back it up), but at the same time, if you're doing it correctly, youll have so much money youll be able to steadily supply yourself from the galactic market. Megacorp is an odd beast, can be fun but its more micronanagement than others and can be very frustrating, especially when you get cock blocked by another corpos.
>>
>>677052
Isnt there a trade policy specific to megacorp? I think its called free trade or something like this, like it isnt trade league, or maybe im mixing up something... but I definitely remember the alloy intake, as it had allowed me to become a powerhouse (had like 5 megastructure by the time the 2nd greatest had finished their first), with so much stuff I routinely gave ressource in huge quantity as gift, just to empty my reserves and entertain myself, like financing rebelling rovots just because.
>>
>>677063
Now I suspect I may have simply misremembered consumer goods as alloy, but still the bonus is incredibly good, save a ton on mineral demand as to afford more alloy . That probably where my confusion came from
>>
File: 987656898877.jpg (10 KB, 250x238)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>670315
>stellaris
>complicated and convoluted
>>
File: 1623698624635.png (243 KB, 750x750)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
what is the best build for corporation ?
i just want to be small blob that has shitload of vassals/allies where i build branch office on every of their planet and siphon their shekels

or its just easier to be criminal cartel
>>
>>678874
If you want to be small, you can become very OP if you start with ring world, but ive heard voiddweller (habitats start) was also very good, but youll need something planetside for mineral production as habitats and ringworld are minerals sinkholes, as each additional district up the maintenance by a lot. Criminal cartel cant make trade deals with most nations, but can establish branches on any viable planet, even those held by hostile, but I don't know how that affect the gameplay as I never tried them.

If you make a lot of allies and trade deals, with many station built as to maximize your trade value, you'll start raking in emone like no tommorow. Last time I did a free trade megacorp and tried to keep everything within a single sector/ring world (for most of the gane, that is, as the ringworld simply cannot be self sufficient and expansion become a necessity), I was so powerful and in advance to the other nations that my influence kept the galaxy stable whithout having to do anything. Also the low administration maintenance cost from the small amount of sectors owned allow you to boost your pop growth as much as possible, with immigration pacts and the xeno-outreach program branch building (their effect stack) jacking it up to eleven. By the time I updated to Nemesis, I had like 6% of a pop growing each month on my capital world, it was utterly filled to the brim with peoples to the point there was simply no way to create more jobs for the unemployed so I had to routinely stop all breeding as to force emigration (no resettling allowed by policy). Man I should redo this, it was fun albeit a bit op, but whithout pacifist because holy fuck is it boring when you cant do anything about annoying neighbors and make forming/joining federations a pain in the ass because of muh war stance, just ended up making my own trade league instead.
>>
I'm currently trying to complete a game with a 25x Crisis strength. Anyone tried?

Also what's the point of destroyers and cruisers? Corvettes are superior in every regard. No matter what kind of empire I play my lategame fleets are always exclusively composed of corvettes and battleships/titans.
>>
>>679028
It's possible but you'll have to cheese it.

>Also what's the point of destroyers and cruisers?
There is no point outside of RP right now.
>>
File: lizard.png (910 KB, 1058x710)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
>>678941
so something like that would work ?
>>
>>674017
>>675056
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you were right. i sank about a thousand alloys into corvs and destroyers and barely damaged it
>>
Can habitats house branch offices?
>>
Not posting this to shit up the thread, but how do I make Stellaris not boring? I bounce off every game after about 4-6 hours. I like other Paradox titles, particularly the HoI series and Vic2, but Stellaris just seems like it's
>Rote exploration
>Scan anomalies
>Make outposts and colonize
>Eventually find other civs and run out of borders
>Build fleet
>Declare war
>It's really not fun because of how restrictive the casus belli system is
>Lose steam
>Quit

Bros what am i doing wrong
>>
>>680315
i touch stellaris once every month or so and i have fun by a mix of role play and trying to minmax getting megastructures
>>
>>680315
Play without the market.
>>
>no longer a pop distinction between robots, androids and synths
dang that's dumb
>>
>>680315
Change hyperlane limit to full so border management feel more like the europa universalis (can go to any adjecent systems), with blackholes and gateway also to full, so there is no real way to know how expansion will happens, with each new advancement a possible gamble. Like who know how the galactic scene will fare when nations that are a galaxy apart can find themselves neighbor overnight? Also putting the max amount of nation at game start with advanced neighbor being possible add some spice, you could always make it so crisis happens super early and simply try to surcive as long as possible before the onslaught.
>>
>>680315
See what this guy said >>680421 Try increasing the difficulty however you can. Also remember you can force-spawn empires that you create so you can pit your peaceful min-maxed science directorate against a galaxy full of genocidal empires or vice versa.
>>
Are there any mods that overhaul the planet mechanics?

I'm not really content with the way they work currently.
Brainstorming a bit on how it could be more fun and maybe more immersive.

I was thinking like having Size, Water Amount and then Depth amount as values for planets.

Where if there's more Water, more of the planet is covered in water and you'll have less space for districts through usual means, but maybe less agrarian potential.
Depth being a representation of how many trenches and stuff there are on the planet, where each point in "Water" would fill up 1 Depth or 1 size. Maybe every other point for simplicity.
So if earth was Size 20, had Depth 10, then for 70% of the surface being covered by water you'd need 24 in "Water".
A part of the terraforming mechanics could be related to how you adjust the water level, drying the planets up for more space for industry for example.

Other values that maybe could be interesting are Gravity, Magnetosphere and Biosphere.
High biosphere value implying something like a jungle planet.
>>
>>681023
>drying up planets
Based and Combinepilled
>>
>>681023
Would be fun to make penal colonies on super high gravity worlds and fill them with low gravity dwelling species as to terraform the planet.
>>
>>682362
Could be one of the mechanics of gravity, harder to escape the higher it is, so makes for more apt prison worlds.
>>
>>682385
>species physically adapt to higher gravity over periods of centuries
>their portraits become shorter and stockier
>>
>>682393
>humans gain space dwarf portraits for their heavyworlders
>>
>>682385
You didn't catch what I meant, like ever seen a jellyfish out the water? Imagine what would happens if you put hundred of thousand of those on a high grav world? Cheap terraforming that can recoup losses by selling it as a colonisation attempt.

>>682393
>put dwarf on high grav
>avatar height reduced to the point you can only see a head
>>
>>682507
Ah
>>
File: 281990_20210713182226_1.png (1.61 MB, 1920x1080)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
heh I get it, nu-wars reference
>>
>playing Stellaris as a custom/modded Imperial Germany in space
>get the first contact event where, before knowing the alien language, you hear them making fanfare that sounds threatening
>take the option of "It's a challenge, send our own threatening noises back!"
>tfw literally blared "Die Wacht am Rhein" at aliens during first contact
>>
>>687195
>>playing Stellaris as a custom/modded Imperial Germany in space
it takes a lot of courage to come out of the closet, thank you for sharing that with us
>>
>>687197
Willy is the core of /gsg/ anon, if you're not with him, then you're mad as a march hare.
>>
I've played this game, with all DLC for 2 evenings now and think it's not for me. I just want some confirmation if I'm not missing something and disregard the game too soon.

The empire management part of it seems very dull. It boiled down for me to making sure nothing gets in the red and max the gems and the purple thingy since you build most shit with that. Next to that you're just building stations, mines and research stations on the most profitable constellations as far as your income / base limit allows. Does this get better? Cause it's been very boring so far.

Exploration is fun, but after the first dozen anomalies, i couldn't bother reading them anymore since they all seem barely connected. I had a longer chain which was cool and got tree poeple out of it. But it wasn't mind blowing either. The trees settles now on one planet, but next to some modifiers it doesn't seem to change the dynamic of my empire.

Combat has been against some random mining drones and another empire which has been a steamroll. The council that started up also seem to be votes for random modifiers and not really engaging.

So does this shit get better or should i quit? It seems all so bland but I might be missing out on something, since this game seemed so praised
>>
>>687724
>So does this shit get better
Nnnnnope that's the game. When you get the mods that automate station construction you realise there's actually fuckall gameplay even.

Stellaris is an RP game more than anything. The fun is in your imagination, not the game itself.

Bland is the right word.
>>
File: you dare.jpg (55 KB, 454x680)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>687197
>>
File: missing.jpg (57 KB, 600x798)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>687724
>It boiled down for me to making sure nothing gets in the red and max the gems and the purple thingy since you build most shit with that. Next to that you're just building stations, mines and research stations on the most profitable constellations as far as your income / base limit allows.
What else do you except. This is how gameplay looks in every single 4x, gsg or Total War, you always have to manage resources to build stuff and then expand to new provinces.
>>
>>687813
Well, they did their best to make it as boring as possible. Managing your construction ships feels like needless busywork, might as well autobuild when you make an outpost somewhere since you have 0 decisions to make there. Dunno what more I should expect from a 4x, but the ones I played seem to make it more fun. everything felt useless expect 2. While in comparison with Civ every resource can be used to something fun. Even the upgrades on the starbases were tame modifiers.

>>687737
Loud and clear, will drop it then.
>>
>>629254
How's the performance after year 2300? I stopped playing like 4 years ago when a day took a few seconds on fastest. I also have a mega PC, so that's not the issue.
>>
>>688014
It's passable now.
>>
How can I disable the Katzenjammer bullshit? It ruins every games for me!
>>
what ethics/traits would babylon 5 1st season races have?
>>
>>689101
>Minbari
Spiritualist
Authoritarian
Militarist
>Centauri
Authoritarian
Militarist
Spiritualist
>Narn
Militarist
Egalitarian
Spiritualist
>Human
Xenophile
Egalitarian
Militarist

eh, hard to say.
I don't like that Minbari and Centauri are the same since they're so different, but I still think those ethics are probably the closest.
Though Minbari sorta feels like they'd have Inward Perfection almost, which requires pacifist and xenophobe.
>>
>>689706
what makes centauri spiritualists?
>>
are tech rushing no longer great for surviving? got absolutely BTFO by unbidden as an driven assimilators
>>
>>687938
This has to be bait
>>
>>690389
Somehow I doubt you were rushing techs as fast as you think you were.

But to be honest, yes you do have generally less research per research world. You probably want at most one forge world and no culture worlds.
>>
>>687938
>Well, they did their best to make it as boring as possible.
Are you the type of person that plays Civ because it has "personality"?
>>
>>691265
Because it's actually fun to expand your empire, gameplay wise.

>>691261
Just wanted to know if I missed something about the game, since it seems up my alley and it was getting good reviews.
>>
>>687813
Imagine having suck Stockholm syndrome you actually believe all 4Xes are as unengaging as Shitlaris

>>691261
>>691265
What's happening ITT? Are we suddenly pretending Stellaris is a deep and well crafted game instead of an unfinished pile of garbage? Are we feeling elitist for playing this crap instead of Civ or something? I thought Paradrones were a thing of the past.
>>
>>691463
Well, among many things, the fact you claim ship building is useless show both that you never played on higher difficulty, as your fleet weaponry is more than just a number and it show that you never actually had to put consideration into it, as it can drastically alter how a fight goes.

You're basically trying to claim stellaris is a boring game while you disregard most of the mechanic in places that allow you greater control over the current situation. Deportation/population control, trade route maintenance, planet specialization/planning as to ease your empire management (both in statistical value (colonizing a planet isnt just settling it and calling it a day, its consumption and production have to be taken into consideration)and location, ie easily defendable spot rather than some random system where an invading enemy can simply dodge your defenses a la Maginot Line.). You automate everything, take as few decision as required then have the audacity to claim its boring, even what you claim are insignificant stat boost can be incredibly powerful if you know how to use it, because they stack.

You sound like the kind of person who'd play Europa Universalis and never use inflation to his advantage, wondering why he cant gain any emone. Honestly, stellaris is only boring if you make it so, play as an isolationist or warmongering species next, in a big galaxy where others species will have the time to grow into respectable entities, sure aint as boring when everything is a race against the inevitable onslaught from your more powerful and peculiarly blood thirsty neighbor, where a single misstep can result in permanent consequences. But even then I wont deny that it does get boring at times, especially if your tech rates snowball beyond the galactic average, giving you a huge and outright unfair advantages over others, but really that aspect isnt really different from civ game (spear chucker vs tanks).
>>
>dumb goal
>Galaxy Dominated by Machine Preference Cyborg pops
>all worlds are machine worlds
>>
>>691853
You're never going to convince them, you're basically talking to mobile phone gamers.

They'll just eternally get outraged when you point out that it's them and not the game by saying "Oh so you're saying the game is THAT deep, huh?"
>>
>administrative efficiency repeatable tech
how they've butchered my boy..
>>
Tourist here, is war score and war in general fixed yet? If not I'll fuck off for another 8 months, thanks.
>>
>>692453
define 'fixed'
>>
>>691264
oh, im back from quite a break away from the game so i might just be off meta
>>
>>692453
>two nations gang up on the third
>because each one ends up occupying systems the other claims neither of them can enforce their claims, dragging out the war for years until war exhaustion finally forces a peace
No, war score is not 'fixed' and it will never be fixed
>>
Anyone have a list of good/fun mods that actually work with the current version?
>>
>>623685
who tf is still playing this turd?
>>
>>693188
planetary diversity and more origins mod, alongside beutifull galaxy
>>
>>692996
This isn't broken, it's correct. A nation occupied by two other nations cannot offer both of them all claims. You can only claim what you occupied.

Duh.
>>
File: 1626879343757.png (568 KB, 855x759)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
I wanted to love this game, looks good with mods but parashits cant make good games
No civillian trade
No slave markets
No huge systems of 10 planets
No raiding mechaniam
No privateer mechanisms
No civil wars
No special relations buildible with other empires
No spheres of influence
No in depth long defense
No diversity in armies or planets
No unique buildings tied to a unique world
No special projects
No auto expansion under corporate or democtatic nations
No terraforming most planets
No unique abileties tied to race

Down right dogshit game
>>
>>693339
What would you even do with huge systems if most if not all of the planets in them would be uninhabitable
The other points are all very valid though
>>
>>693597
Criminal planets, mining planets, fortresses that harass enemy ships. If a species can build a dyson sphere they cen melt the fucking ice on a frozen planet
>>
>>693617
>melt ice
>now you have a water covered ball of rock with a still unbreathable atmosphere
Wow!
>>
>>671577
Who is the artist, anyway?
>>
>>693786
Geabull
>>
>>693620
retard, if a civilization cna produce enough metal to cover a entire star then cna import/produce al ittle bit of gass so they can breathe. or steal water meteors to create water on barren planets
>>
>>645423
could be a fun rp
authoritarian-xenophobe

>Citizenship
Human(or other main race)
>Residence
Humanoid
>Slavery
Mammalian, Reptilian, Avian
>Undesirables
Arthropoid, Molluscoid
Fungoid, Plantoid, Lithoid, Necroid
>>
>>623685
Stellaris is like the Great Filter, but for IQ, as brainlets can’t understand the game
>>
>>693339
This is so typical of retarded anti-Stellaris faggots.

Most of the things you're whining about are in the game. The one that aren't aren't in the game because they're fucking stupid and not interesting in the first place (OH BOY AUTOMATIC EXPANSION WHERE YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING WOW).

Why does this board insist on spewing this faggotry about this specific game so consistently? You can never get anybody to post any legit criticism except for back when the game used to bog down to 3 fps in the late game. The rest is just inventing complaints or pretending that their own special version of how the game should have been made would actually be good.
>>
File: 1626805519861.png (3.68 MB, 1984x2806)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB PNG
>>645374
At least post the good one
>>
File: 200iq.jpg (12 KB, 216x282)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>694404
>Most of the things you're whining about are in the game
truly the mind of a paradox paypiggy

most of these are extremely simplified non changable that are in the game at all, and automatic expension can be a bad thing

democratic governemnt,people/corportation expands into a nearby system to exploti resources/planet. Since they arent the government they will do a very good job ora very bad one, allowing enemy empries to gain more intel and an easy conqyuest they will also cost extra for administaration and can be rife with piracy. Stopping the autoamtic expansion turns your pop unhappy and you more authoritation wich might eventually result in you switchign to authoritian civ but with civil wars, large unrest

large corporations auto expand with sort of the same mechanics as a democratic but instead of turning autherian you the resources and security gained in a private system because usseles and only costs you upkeep

for empires and mieltarys auto expansion can be a quick way to expend or for a minor lord to build his powerbase to eventually try to topple to government to place himself as the ruler of that empire. This can be prevented but forces you to disable auto expanding and revolts civil unrest would happen more since the lords cant nigger it up in a empty system

and all of this is just a minor thing that they can add.

For example il just name a few:
privateer system
low admin= less efficient resource gain and more piracy
fortress system, and no not a single station that is armed i am talking about mines,fortress planets,planets producing harassing fighters,planets producing missles only
blockading hyperlanes
spheres of influence
slave breeding worlds
personal slave for populace, no slaves for personal use=less happy pop
specialized armies, ground troups,subtereanian troops,fighters,armoured,spearhead, artilerry

and so much more
jsut because you are willing to pay 400$ to be bale to lay a semi decent game doesnt mean there is no argument
>>
File: Civic_feudal_realm.png (5 KB, 58x58)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Tell Paradox to PLEASE fix Feudal Society, it suck and you actually get more by becoming Crisis and use Bring Into Fold CB.
>>
>>694945
Tell it to the Custodians!
>>
>>645374
soul
>>694705
souless
>>
>>694909
>most of these are extremely simplified non changable that are in the game at all
They're actually typical of this genre and the rest of your shitpost is just proving my point.

Go make your own game. You don't actually want a good game, you want your game. That's not the same thing and you can't actually post legitimate criticism.

Legitimate criticism is when a game tries to do something and fails at that thing. You can't actually make a point to that effect, you just say shit like "there's no slave market" and when you're confronted on that you try to sidestep to "I don't like the slave market".

Tough, the game has a slave market, it works pretty good, it makes perfect sense how it works, and in a given game of Stellaris you'll see it work well, eg slaver nations will participate in it more whereas free nations will find it economically uninviting and will typically only buy slaves (which they will potentially then need to free) for colonization purposes. Deal with it.

What's really key here is that you're playing a genre based on abstractions and then whining about it having abstractions.
>>
>>694968
I wanna drawfag some lewd Stellaris shit
non con preferred
>>
>>695401
Commission Geabull again then, the fag nuked his old shit for some reason
>>
File: foto.jpg (52 KB, 584x572)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>695301
>tldr im a paradox paypiggy who NEEDS to buy shit products and rationalize them
failure
>>
>>696085
Reaction image/greentext shitpost.

You're an actual faggot, you're wrong, and this makes you mad as fuck.
>>
>>696166
type > in front of your sentences to make it green
and feel free to stop reddit spacing at any time
>>
>>696167
>reddit spacing

You need to go back to pol
>>
File: b5.png (12 KB, 735x473)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>689101
>>689706
I got something like this going so far, added KarmaTech just for fun, they were building earth alliance ships
>>
>>696167
u mad
>>
>>694945
I will wait when you can play as pirates in Stellaris like Distant Worlds allows you to.
>>
File: 1480370902574.gif (1.59 MB, 352x240)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB GIF
>>693339
You could at least provide some valid points and not some autistic nitpicks. Was there even space 4x game with focus on customizable empires like what you faggots are describing? None of the minor shit you listed would affect anything and some like slave markets are already in game.

Actual core design problem is that Stellaris is completely war focused, as war focused as Total War and yet it doesn't have tactical battles that would make all this war interesting. And what's worse war is now insanely tedious and stupid. If there were at least Empire at War tier battles all else could be forgiven, but despite making it so battle focused they never wanted to make them. So Stellaris is Total War style game in which you have to automatically resolve all battles.

Especially shit like:
>No huge systems of 10 planets
>No raiding mechaniam
>No privateer mechanisms
>No special relations buildible with other empires
>No spheres of influence
>No unique buildings tied to a unique world
>No special projects
>No auto expansion under corporate or democtatic nations
>No terraforming most planets
>No unique abileties tied to race

Are mod tier issues. They all could be in game and it would still be boring.
>>
Goddamn the migration system is convoluted as fuck. Anyone know what affects the "can receive migrants from the following planets" modifier? I thought migration was empire wide but after a conquest of a nearby empire, those planets dont have my original planets listed in there and theres no migrants coming in.
>>
>>696788
>>696869
keep seething paypiggy, adding mroe optiosn and diversifying your game is always good
>>
>>696951
u mad
>>
>>696626
I feel like Minbari really should have authoritarian considering their caste system.
>>
>>693339
Does it not have any of that? I've literally never played Vanilla.
>>
I wanted to check this out during the steam sale and it was 140 dollars for the whole thing. I pirated it out of contempt for that alone lol. Some of this stuff I can't believe was dlc. Paradox is such a comically jewish company.
>>
>>697798
everything i mentioned is not in vanilla, also including no robots,no hivemind, no mega corperations and branch offices etc
>>
the shit log i dropped this morning had better content and fun than "stellaris"
>>
>>624888
>bring back different travel options
i see you want to go back to "everyone starts as warp drive or else they are actively sabotaging themselves"
>>
>>652645
>tons of necrophages appear out of nowhere
you had land appropriation on
when invading a planet that does not contain pops that are citizens or residents of your empire, 5 (i think) of your citizen species pops will instantly resettle to the target planet and displace 5 of the native pops. it's there to make slave and purging empires function without spending ridiculous sums of influence every time they conquer a planet
>>
>>669003
This is a good idea
While the idea to remove admin cap and make unity-based reductions of empire sprawl that was brushed on in the custodian pops sounds like it could very easily suck, I think it's a good indirect buff to spiritualist.
I think the big thing that spiritualists need is for unity to be a better thing to prioritize acquiring. More ways to spend it in the long-term (that are useful), or better things to rush towards. Some mods already help with this (Zenith of Fallen Empires springs to mind).
With all this said, though, spiritualism is far from the worst ethic. That's pacifism.
>>670141
I don't think xenophobes should lose their pop growth speed, as they are already hampered on which pops they can place in which job openings. A non-xenophobe empire that conquers a planet can immediately have all those pops start working as rulers, specialists, and workers, whereas a xenophobe empire either hurts their stability by having them be residents (still preventing them from being enforcers or rulers), turns them into slaves (fucks up your stability way less, but more restricted), or purges them (removing the new pops entirely). The pop growth speed allows the xenophobe empire to keep up better with the growth of their main species to offset this issue.
>>
>>697798
slave markets, raiding (in the form of abducting pops, not stealing resources), privateers (in the form of a really, really shitty espionage operation), and civil wars (in the form of the AI rebellion, which is very lame because it actually deletes half your population upon activating) are all in the game when you consider dlc
i don't know what precisely he means by "in-depth long defense," or "special projects," so i can't comment on them. likewise, depending on what he means, lithoids and machines could count for "unique abilities tied to race"
>>
>>698041
in depth meaning that trade cannot enter the system, easy travel is changed for mines to slow down enemies, planets completely armed with defense capabileties asteroids armed with auto cannons and longe range missles. raiding as in sending specialized raiding vessels into enemy systems to steal population of a planet or trade/resoruce going trough a planet also strengtening piracy. Privateers would raid systems during neutrality and raid far away empires if they are at war. civil wars could spawn from itnernal problems,factions arent satisfied in a while, or expanding too fast whilst not keeping up with admin power. special projects like cross system bombardment, mass cloning facileties, hyper lane generators, star constructions from nebulas, planet thrustors. the heavy defense systems cost alot but can be worth it, resources are also no longer gaiend isntantly, they have to be collected and get shipped to the capital.
>>
>>669003
>just take societal research bonus away from materialist
I think I like that.

Other than that possibly increase the tradition costs.
Like you easily max out on all the traditions even if you don't make anything for unity.
So actually getting all the traditions filled out may require a build that focuses a tad on unity, or at least puts down jobs for it.
>>
>>697980
/Thread
This game sucks HARD and did not live up to any of the promises Paradox made for it. Too much DLC bloat and wasted features. The Mana stuff is retarded also.

Ignore what the faggots who post the civilization poster screenshots think, there is no difference between any of the races you could ever make. It all comes down to shit like "+5% Minerals" or "+10% Laser Dmg"
>>
>>698361
I think the only mana in Stellaris is Influence, in the sense that it's an abstract resource generated by your civilization at a fixed rate without many ways of directly increasing the production. You can generate all the other resources using various pop jobs except for really rare resource deposits like Zro and Dark Matter.

I will say that most late-game empires feel very similar, though, yes. Most of the different empire types only really feel different in the early-to-early-mid game.
>>
File: chi.png (111 KB, 287x287)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>do well the whole game, check victory tab
>fallen empire 1st place, me 2nd
>send my 100k army to the system next to them
>insult them
>war
>they run over me like its nothing, conquering all of my planets in a matter of minutes, whole game ruined
>mfw
>>
>>700164
what was your tech vs theirs and what were your ship designs v theirs? furthermore were you using more than one weapon type?
>>
>>700182
their tech was superior and ships unknown :^)
but no, I was using a mix of lasers and projectiles.
my first real encounter with the fallen empire, so I didn't know what to expect.
>>
>>700186
focus on one type of weapon, then *try* to learn what they use and then counter it
>>
>>700164
>send my 100k army to the system next to them
considering you can't distinquish between army and navy there's probably a lot of things you haven't thought through.
>>
File: 1627461115685.gif (333 KB, 220x319)
333 KB
333 KB GIF
>>700323
>>
File: 1607127669855.png (432 KB, 717x540)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
Is this game worth getting into? How different is it from Paradox's other map painters? Are any of the DLCs mandatory?
>>
>>700822
Stellaris is 4X, not grand strategy. However it's a 4X with only one victory condition so any style of play that is not hyper-aggressive expansion is just choosing how you want to lose the game.
>>
>>698418
There's basically no game play associated with governing your empire so there's no real difference in government type. Democratic, Oligarchic, and Dictatorial empires all have identical election mechanics with the only difference being the interval between elections. Agendas are meaningless, randomly generated objectives that might not even be possible to fulfill and are just generic stuff like "build 3 research stations" and usually have absolutely no bearing on anything happening in your empire. Literally all government types except gestalt consciousness have the exact same political faction system, so a Democratic empire is governed exactly the same as an Imperial dynasty, a dictatorship, or a mega corporation. All empires have the same campaigns and decrees and planetary decisions with a few exceptions for particular ethics, but these decisions and campaigns don't really provide any meaningful utility or make an empire feel very different from any other.

Most of the difference between empires comes down to whether you have slaves or not, and whether you have robots or not, and even this ultimately doesn't change the feel of how an empire plays because the game automatically manages pops for you and all that's left for the player to do is build districts and buildings to supply housing and jobs, or else sometimes shuffle pops between planets to combat overcrowding and unemployment. These mechanics are, as you can probably guess, identical between all government types, even for gestalt consciousness, with the only difference being cost and happiness modifiers on pops.

Stellaris is a game that puts its customization aspect front and center but playing the game makes you realize the customization is just a facade and it might as well not even be there.
>>
>>623685
>game so busted they made a whole separate team just to plug the leaks
It's necessary, but the fact that it's necessary is pretty dire.

It's also not enough. The game fundamentally lacks fun and it was made less fun over the time Wiz was in charge. At this point it's too much of an uphill battle.
>>
>>626986
This, also use tiles in ground warfare.
>>
>>635035
I hate Stellaris and I've played a lot of hours. The problem is, the game it could be - the game it says it is - is great. But then you play it and just spend hours engaged in constant autistic tedium to get to the good part, but there is no good part. It's all like that.
>>
>>651726
>meanwhile, dropped Imperator as soon as it didn't suck
>>
>>700844
No, it's pretty obvious you're just one of the people dancing around the fact that you think modifiers aren't a legitimate gameplay mechanic and don't do anything even though they are legit and do do things.

>Stellaris is a game that puts its customization aspect front and center
And it works great. You don't like it because there isn't a significant visual/audio personality difference between different factions (outside the species portrait of course). You're the type of person who prefers 3D Civ games because of the animated portraits and won't admit it.
>>
>>701212
>modifiers aren't a legitimate gameplay mechanic
They're a fine mechanic. That doesn't mean quantitative number juggling begets a qualitative gameplay difference. They can only do as much as they can do.

>it works great
It means that you've already finished the good part of the game literally before it's begun. Then there's nothing left.

>there isn't a significant visual/audio personality difference
There isn't, but more importantly there's no actual gameplay difference.
>>
I think what Stellaris lacks as a 4x, is mainly a production value.
The greatest feeling in civilization, age of wonders, master of magic etc is improving the Production of cities, so they can make stuff faster.
In Stellaris it's mostly just 360 or so days whatever and a bunch of techs that decrease the time.
Maybe an edict.
>>
>>701773
Nothing in Stellaris takes that long anyway, there's just a lot of it to micromanage. The only thing that can take a while is your fleet, but you can absolutely make a starbase that's must maxed out shipyards.
>>
>>700822
If you're a fan of 4ks? absolutely. You have to mod the shit out of it to get good gameplay.
Being said, there is a point of diminishing returns on this game because of >>700844

As for DLCs, Utopia is mandatory. Maybe Federations but the rest just add more content.
>>
>>698361
this. its such a shallow game
>>
>>701212
paradox shill
>>
>>701295
>They're a fine mechanic
Right, yet you don't actually like them, and you're trying to hide that. The last sentence of your post proves that.
>>
>>702731
Liking them or disliking them doesn't change what they are or how they work.
>>
File: 1541111076849.png (183 KB, 1002x1000)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
Last time I played they still had 3 ftl options. Can someone explain what the fuck happened to war is in this game? Why do I gain war exhaustion for winning a battle and taking sectors? Why do my enemies not get war exhaustion when they do it? A couple hours fucking around with this shit slow game and I can't even get a decent payoff because my war exhaustion rockets skyhigh for trying to actually engage the enemy to cripple them.
>>
>>691853
The combat itself is literally the least fun and most boring shit ever though. "Your fleet has 88k Str, time to go click on everyone smaller than that and watch the AI throw a bunch of meaningless blinking lights around" isn't strategy or tactics.
>>
>>698361
/thread

if you think stellaris is "deep" you probably think bpack lives matter also
>>
>>707568
Stellaris is a game of modifiers. If they have a lower modifier for war exhaustion then regardless of anything you do, you will peace out of the war before they do. Isn't this grand and exciting gameplay?
>>
>>701212
Modifiers aren't fun. It's spreadsheet management. There's no real game play here, only a facade of gameplay. I've played Stellaris since it first came out and every step forward comes with two steps back. Making the game's outcome determined by modifiers set at the beginning of a run means the game literally plays itself and your actions amount to almost nothing.
>>
>>701856
Terraforming and mega structures take a while to complete, but the length of time is just an arbitrary number in both cases.
>>
File: w4.png (632 KB, 511x711)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
>>623685
mmmmmmmmmmmy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwiiiiiiiiiiiiii.............ffffeeeeeeee
>>
is there any mod to get a notification on completing construction on a planet? just started playing i find it weird it didnt have that
>>
>>707568
>hive minds need "influence" to move populations from here to there
>so does a robot collective
Stellaris is retarded, but what else are you gonna do? Play sins of a solar empire?
>>
how do I prevent pirates from appearing and snatching my outposts? I cannot level up every outpost due to the obvious limit, and I dont rly want countless fleets with a couple of ships sitting in every system. what to do?
>>
>>708785
get better missile tech
pirates spawn as 3 corvettes with t1 tech and are usually destroyed by the station
>>
>>708431
That notification broke for no good reason several updates back.
>>
>>698361
For me it all comes down to shit like "spawned next to fanatic pacifist" or "rolled grey tempest, face the fuckbeast"
it seems like Grand Admiral difficulty should have more to it than this
>>
File: 1611290383543.jpg (113 KB, 1446x1424)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
i dont get the hate (is it the paypig's remorse?) but i pirated it for the first time and i'm suprised it's fun (and i recently come from playing the heck out of 4Xs/eu4/factorio/anno/rimw). gives my dopamine fix on boosting numbers (disgaea levels of shit), while learning from tooltips which number boosts which, and roleplaying while enjoying the flavor text. i was hesitant at first because of the space setting (i mostly just play medieval games). maybe it's a first time thing hopefully i dont get bored
>>
>>708982
I'll try that, thanks
>>
>>679028
>>679115
Cruisers are the first ship that can take out stations without taking damage if you get a hangar core on them. A carrier cruiser will smash corvettes and most destroyer setups, so at the time they're unlocked they represent a severe power spike. By the end game, yes, battleships outmatch them in all ways, but they have their place for a time.
>>
>first game with Startech AI
>the game is actually fun now

Nice.
>>
>>708785
You can build defense platforms without making a base there. 3 decent designed platforms will usually be enough to take out the pirates.
>>
>>709056
Soon you will see all the jank and it will never be the same. The lack of vision and synergy between mechanics is really grating. Also a lot of busywork.
>>
newfag here, how do you prevent the ai pushing ships after a truce which apparently makes it open borders? i secured a narrow border with many lands behind it yet to be mine but then the ai will pass and grab it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.