[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wiz.jpg (8 KB, 300x168)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
anyone has experience with this title? it's -50% on steam atm and I was thinking of trying it out
>>
>>621190
Where can I pirate it?
>>
>>621202
nowhere, that's the point
>>
>>621203
Damn, it looks pretty nice
>>
>>621190
congratulations shill, i'm probably going to buy this. fellow shills take note. it works. I was feeling impatient about Conquest of Elysium 5, then this thread comes along. This will be my conquest of elysium 5.
>>
>>621190
Looks nice, would pirate to try at least.
>>
>>621221
>>621202
cs.rin.ru
>>
>>621230
Sorry but I don't want Russian AIDS
>>
>>621235
then pay up
>>
>>621258
No, unless I try it and like it I will never pay
>>
Imagine being too dumb to pirate and not good enough goy to be a paypig.
>>
>>621190
Looks neat
>>
>>621190
Bought it
>>
I bought it.

It seems fun, though a bit clunky. Resources aren't as important as they should be as you can buy unlimited everything on the market (there is in practice a single resource: gold).

I like the diversity in play styles. Next time I'm going to be a Necromancer, raze all the cities, and turn the world in to skeletons. Fun.
>>
>>621190
It's fun, it's a fantasy world maker. I lost a war against cat boys
>>
>>621190
I've played it somewhat extensively- 40 hours logged and I would say it's a solid 7/10 as it stands but is rapidly progressing toward a potential 10/10, as it's an early access game and while there's plenty of content, not all of it's complete. In particular the Warlord aspect's slightly underdeveloped but it's all engaging. All in all I would definitely recommend the game.
>>
Either I'm very picky or you guys easily satisfied. There's barely any spells and units. The game's superwide in terms of all the schools of magic and resources and so on, but it means jackshit when everything's easily tradeable and you get like 3 or 4 unimpressive magics per each maxed out discipline.
I definitely see the potential but the game is just not there yet.
>>
>>621989
True but for an early access game of such budget it's pretty fun.
>>
>early acess
>1.0 ver
?
>>
>>622028
He's not done with it fully for release I guess.
>>
>>621263
Just pay, try, refund or don't.
>>
this seems fun, I'm a sucker for "story generator" games

on a semi-related note I'm a huge fan of these types of custom battler simulators where I have monsters with parameters duking it out, other games I can think of is the arena in DCSS and the object arena in Dwarf Fortress
>>
Hi I'm the dev. I am no Derek Smart, but sometimes I'm drawn to mentions of my game.

Just wanted to give a comment regarding early access:

Being in early access is to some players a promise that in the not too distant future the game will be complete according to some well-defined feature and content description. To other players it means that there are no limits to how much the game can change in design, scope and quality. Managing these conflicting expectations turned out impossible and stressful.

Steam always had a 'don't buy this EA title unless you're happy with current state'. Seeing how out of sync this was with what players actually expected, I decided to leave early access and put a 1.0 on the game.

That doesn't mean I think the game is 'done'. It just means get the game if you're happy with what the game is right now (or want to support my efforts) - if not, get the game later. It also means if you have a bug or issue, I will fix it asap. You can play the game from start to end, and stuff is supposed to do what it says.

Actual companies cut scope to ship something when development drags on (or they just abandon the game) - but I'm insane, so I decided to stick with my vision and slog it out. This means I can't be in early access. The game isn't early. I put the first build on Steam in 2016. I have no idea how far I'll manage to take the game. Games shouldn't be in early access for 5+ years.

Leaving early access actually turned out amazing for the game - it brought on a bunch of players whose feedback, ideas and constructive criticism helped lift the quality of the game considerably.

I know some players expect a more polished experience from a game. To others it will just be a bad game. - Sorry about that, but I'm just a nerdy solo indie dev in over my head. Hopefully it will give more value to players with every patch.
>>
>>622380
Your game is great
>>
jesus the marketing firms just don't even give a shit anymore do they?
>>
>>622399
you seriously think this game has marketers?
>>
File: marketing.png (2 KB, 1201x91)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
My marketing budget is $20. I am not sure much good came from that expense. I don't have fancy tracking stuff running, but Steam stats indicate those clicks didn't result in a sale.
>>
>>622443
Now I feel bad for not buying the game right away. I started watching some Youtube videos for it, amd this seems really sweet. I wager that you'll get a sale later today.
>>
>>622380
The game is great. I feel like it has some issues with the flow, where not enough rewarding things happen on average on every new turn, which makes the game a slog sometimes. But even then the game has been rather entertaining.
>>
how do I research new troop types?
how to expand? can I build cities?
I know this is not exactly age of wonders, but for me building certain buildings that allow to train certain troops is very straight forward, but the tower has only 3 slots for the buildings? are summoned troops learned from magic research then?

What should really be my goal, mowing the small towns around me with troops until I encounter other big AI?
Any economy tips? copper mine got me a lot of gold per turn(no stockpile, just sell), which was nice, but if resources are random, what if I start with none in my domain.
>>
>>622555

You can get new unit types by:
- Gaining Mastery levels
- Unlocking new Masteries and doing the above
- Research Unit Type project (click the 'Show Unavailable' button to see requirements)
- Wizard Tower Expansions
- City Buildings

The last two are used to unlock various culture-based unit types (swordsmen, light cavalry, etc.)

Expansion is done by conquering cities and/or fortresses - or by building an outpost and then upgrading it to a city or fortress.

Each province has a capital - if it doesn't, the first city or fortress built will get that role. Controlling the capital lets you build farms, mines and such in the province.

Mines are a good way to boost your economy. Recruit workers when you can (via the Economy Window) - they are needed to build stuff and can boost production when assigned. Some wizards can use spells to gain more workers (Demonic Slave-Wretches, Fae-Bound Beasts, Skeleton Laborers, etc.)

You can upgrade the Wizard Tower giving you more slots. You need to fill some of the 3 slots to be allowed the upgrade to level 2.

Research is via the Magic window (blue thingie upper left corner).

If you need Influence, you can threaten small AI towns to get it. They'll be upset, but they're not really a threat. If you spend effort on making the like you, they'll give you characters, units and workers.

If you have a bad start resource-wise the game will be more difficult. At least players don't start on 1-hex islands anymore. There is a trade-off between random worlds and a fair start.

Playing a Warlord is hard-mode and the most shallow part of the game, don't do that until you've tried Wizard and feel like the challenge.
>>
>>622570
thanks, that helps a lot.
Research Unit Type project must've been something I missed
>>
>>622380
>I am no Derek Smart
based
>>
>>621190
I was told to just play Eador Genesis instead
>>
File: joy.png (1.99 MB, 1920x1080)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
Enchanted Joy dungeon is some comfy kino
>>
so upgrading outpost to a settlement costs 2000 food, but If I understand correctly, I can only have 580 food? How to increase the limits on resources? or I just read it wrong
>>
>>622740
You can check the 'buy missing resources' and you'll get the missing food at the market buy price. There is a buy/sell gap, so it's better to have the resources.

You can raise the food cap by building farms, granaries, increasing life mastery, water mastery etc
>>
>>622709
just fae things
>>
>>622380
Hey devman, this world needs more dominions/CoE-like games and I'm happy you're working on one. Keep it up
>>
>>622747
Thank you
>>
>>621190
Interesting, I wonder how it would stack up with some other games like Dominions.
>>
>>622380
good luck and continued success to your game
>>
>>621989

FWIW, I agree that the current market mechanics makes gold superior to resources in almost all cases, and essentially turn resources into a gold rebate on purchases.

I have stuff in the works to fix this - I started on a full resource/demand driven economy, but that dragged out so got shelved in favor of more pressing (and shorter) tasks. But I am going to resume work on it, because you're right - having all these resources doesn't make much of a difference when they can just be bought easily.

As for spells and units, I've probably gone a bit overboard on not wanting to pad out these with too many "same, but better" versions. A lot of games just have tier 1,2,3 magic bears, spells that are +1 level, +X damage, +Y mana cost copies of a basic spell. I have some of that for sure, but I've made an effort to keep it to a minimum. Probably to the extent that I've underdone it, instead.

Interestingly this decision seems to annoy some players to no end - as they expect units to be exist in a heavily tier-based system. This actually surprised me, and I've caved in a bit and added more tier-style unit progression here and there.

Anyways, I'm rambling:

TL;DR - I don't disagree and all of your points are things I want to do something about.
>>
>>624948
Yeah, but anon, more units with some nice descriptions can immerse people.
>>
placing a building in your tower in wizards and warlords
>1. click on the tower hex
>2. click to ensure tower is selected, not an army for example
>3. click inspect
>4. click on the slot
>5. click on the building you want to build and double click
>5b. if you're not sure what to build, you have to click on every building separately to discover what it does
phew, my finger hurts already, now lets see...

placing a building in your city in age of wonders 3
>1. click on the city
>2. switch a tab to buildings/upgrades to buildings
>hover to get all the info, no click needed
>3. choose a building and double click

on recruitment though, double click doesn't work, you have to click separate "recruit" button not to mention it takes 2 click in aow3, in waw it takes 5

it like that with pretty much every mechanic.
sending a party to a dungeon? from around 5 clicks to even up to 10+
bulding something on a hex? 5 or 6 clicks
sending your worker to your tower? same
research? 4 clicks

wanna check progress on your research/army queue etc.? you need to scroll down the outliner, I swear, that's like the most annoying part of the game for me. that outliner should be longer, I have 7 workers all around my realm, working in various places on the map, and they take half of the outliner space, I want them there, I dont want to hide them, but at the same time I dont see anything else
>>
>>625012

This is good feedback on horrible aspects of the UI. I'll patch in some improvements to reduce the number of clicks.

About the outliner, you can collapse headers. Don't if that's any help. I'll see about making the outliner height scale better with screen resolution.

Thanks.
>>
How do I do the dark pact thing on Mana nodes? I have everything needed.
>>
File: Wizards & Warlords.jpg (66 KB, 1636x385)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>622380
I like your game, I like it a lot. Thank you for developing it to the extent you have.
>>
>>625145

If you have bound the Mana Node, the action should appear when you select it.

Related to actions: The patch coming later today has right-click context menus for sites, which can sometimes be easier to navigate than the action icons. (I prefer it myself after adding it on the dev branch).
>>
>>625330
>right-click context menus for sites
noice
>>
>>622380
Keep up the good work mate
>>
>>621190
>low rez sorceress thigh
for shame anon
>>
how do I get more influence? now that im selling all my copper and excess food im so rich I cant hire workers and troops fast enough
>>
>>627061

Threaten minor factions. Have a Civic-class Advisor. Some Tower upgrades and City buildings also produce Influence.
>>
Had a bug just now. I figure it's because I alt-tabbed many times. WASD stopped moving the camera, and I couldn't click Battle, for example. Or rather, I clicked them, and I heard the click sound, but nothing happened. Neither could I set tasks for followers, build at the Tower, or declare wars.

Those were what I tried, anyway. Simple reboot of the game fixed the issue, though.
>>
>>627918

That sucks. Honestly, tabbing and the unity engine (especially the old version I'm using to keep compatibility with players stuck on ancient os'es) don't play well. I don't test stuff like this a lot, but I'll try giving it a go with some alt-tab spamming over a playsession and see if I can repro something like this.

Thanks for letting me know and sorry about the annoyance from having to restart.
>>
>>628511
No problem. I'm still learning the game, and sadly I messed up in that save later. Besides the game loads so fast, that it isn't an issue.
>>
File: 1617749922697.jpg (304 KB, 677x677)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>628511
right click menu is a great feature, I love it
>>
>>621989
There are active shills in this thread , in case it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>621190
I'll add this one my pile of turn based strategy games I'll play whenever i feel like it and never stay consistent enough to actually get good along HOMM games, warlords, wesnoth, disciples, battle brothers, darkest dungeon, jagged alliance games etc.
>>
>>622380
based. decided not to pirate
>>
>>628511
Hey, would incremental autosaves be impossible? Say, like 3 or 5 autosaves per game?
>>
>>622039
Not a good sign
>>
>>628722
I did actually buy the game
>>
>>631069

Yeah sure, I should be able to implement this today. I'll put in a setting that you can change for the number of autosaves, and whether you want per-game or global autosaves. Had a few people remark that it's dumb to use a global autosave, and that's not entirely off the mark.
>>
>>622380
This post made me buy your game.
>>
I played this for about ten hours as a Crusader without doing any magic and built a pretty neat empire but the elves kept rebelling so I had to split my forces.
Then my Super cool main kickass army got ambushed and totally destroyed and I rage quit.
It was only my first game though so I next time I will raze all the shield elf cities.
>>
>>633635

You can go Chaos mastery and use Mass Mutation and Greater Mass Mutation spells to turn the pops of constantly rebelling cities into mutants for your armies.

This will cause Unrest, but on the upside, Chaos mastery progress is boosted by having cities with high Unrest.

Alternatively you can just go scorched earth and raze every city having a culture that doesn't like you.
>>
I want to like this game, but I get an autism when my custom built ruler isn't actually a unit in the game. I want to murder things on the battlefield personally (especially as a warlord). A pirated copy makes it seem like your ruler is rather disconnected from the rest of your empire, mostly being an effect thing and mana generator of some kind.
>>
>>633644
I probably should have paid more attention to spells n sheeit given my home base was a wizard tower but I got cocky and forgot to work on my magic skills. What I really needed now that I think of it was a spell to instantly use assault in a seige so my main army didn't get bogged down taking/retaking cities.
>>
>>633664

Yeah, 'non-embodied' Wizards is something that I've discussed with players since early in development. I've experimented with a few prototypes for how to implement a more physical presence for them, but I wasn't happy with those, so the concept didn't make it into the game yet. I'm not opposed to having a character representing the Wizard - I just want to make sure it's actually fun and meaningful.As a Wizard you can still use battlefield magic and such, so I think it works to think of your presence as Sauron-like power.

As for Warlords, I actually think the lack of an embodied faction leader has a decently negative impact on the experience. Sadly it's one of many areas where Warlords need attention. That game mode is without a doubt shallow compared to playing a Wizard.

Ideally, I'd like Warlords to be represented by a character who is powerful, but not immortal. They'd be able to do major damage on the battlefield, but also be reasonably vulnerable to a bunch of stuff like assassins, magic, battle injuries and old age. Dead Warlord would mean faction splintering, and you get a new Warlord.

But that's just "ideas.txt" right now. I am not worried that I'll be able to implement what I described, it's not technically hard and I'm quite proud of how flexible my code base for the game is, but there are only so many hours in a day, and prioritizing them is hard and annoying. But eventually Warlords should be cleaving their way across the battlefield. I just have no idea when, and no one should buy the game contingent on me delivering that in a specific time-frame.
>>
>>633709

There is a level 5 Destruction spell called Wrecking Ball, which increases Siege progress by 10% to 50%.
>>
>>633716
Ok thanks Devman I'll try that tomorrow
>>
How does this compare to Diety Empires? I've already got that one and they look pretty similar
>>
are you meant to use custom construct to build golems?
>>
>>634721
Yes. The 'default' golems, maybe except Scarecrows, are not very good. You can create very good units using the Custom Construct system.
>>
>>634754
I wish it was possible to delete old golem designs.
>>
>>624948
Tiers are for queers. It does make your job easier though, since it basically means you can reskin and add boost numbers.
>>
>>634760

I've added 'Delete Design' to the Unit List Context Menu in the next patch (releasing it today or tomorrow). Good idea.
>>
Can you get rid of unwanted followers? I wanna play as a elfhater, and randomly getting an elvish follower doesn't sit right.
>>
>>633715
Kudos, man, I'm looking forward to seeing that, if you get around to it. Good luck moving forward.
>>
>>634980
bump, not sure I want to play this game unless I can systematically genocide races I don't like and definitely never get followers from those races
>>
>>634980
>>635279
>razing the goblin cities that have been a thorn in my side for many a moon
There's no better feeling

>>633715
Honestly my favourite part of the game is the separate planes and setting generation that goes on behind the scenes. Will we ever be able to send agents to other planes and/or try to conquer them?
>>
>>635279
You can definitely sack followers, right?

Or worst case you could make your wizard a fixed race, so all your starting followers are of that race, and then not hire anyone else.

Burning down cities is definitely a thing. I had a nice game as an evil lich wiping out the world. You can raise the peasants as undead.
>>
Hey Devman I'm deep in my second game and this time I used magic and updated my tower like a good wizard. I like the cast multiple spell thing because I got tons of army dudes and mana now but I don't like having to go down the list for each spell and click each unit to add/check the spell.
An add all would be neat and also a filter for units already buffed.
Your game is pretty neat though, I enjoyed the planar invasion and managed to get my rebellious cities in line this time with a bit of city management and scales of justice and bigger garrisons.
>>
>no screenshots

you gonna make me look this shit up?
>>
>>635279

You can raze cities and dismiss / recruit followers as you like. You can also turn conquered cities and workers into mutants. Cities and followers can be turned into Undead.

I haven't yet implemented the culture/race of a city changing if you use (re)settlement and pop murder/transformation to replace the population, but that is a task in my backlog.

So for now, you have to raze cities if you want to get completely rid of a certain culture or race.
>>
>>636187

Yeah, the multicast panel could use more QoL improvements. At least it exists now and you can sort it. Before players talked me into adding it, you had to manually cast those spells on each units.

So you're right - 'add all' and filtering would indeed improve this window. I'll get around to it eventually.
>>
File: Wizards & Warlords.png (718 KB, 1920x1080)
718 KB
718 KB PNG
>>636243
It's breddy kino. Let me give you a rundown of how this battle happened.
>decide to make custom wizard with magic I don't normally use: Blood
>make them Evil because of course he's Evil he's the wizard of Blood
>immediately construct a vivisectorum to dissect my enemies
>send band of axemen down to the southern plains from where I started to check out a mysterious site, they help a group of satyrs defeat some marauders, now the satyrs are fighting for the wizard out of gratitude
>the satyrs are also Evil and take part of my budget to drink wine every turn
>only have unit of axemen and satyrs backing me, in a vulnerable position
>have them bind every nearby mana node while the wizard focuses everything into researching the mysteries of Blood
>eventually unlock the creation of Greater Blood Beasts and Blood Abominations
>proceed to summon a bugshitfuck ton of them, a dozen and counting
>strains my mana reserves but that's not a big deal, endgame doomstacks can get up to forty or fifty units, let alone if there's a lich reanimating battlefields on top of his summons and reanimating the dead after each victory
>starting to feel somewhat secure, develop my economy by building a logging camp from some leonid refugees
>a distant city of Evil goblins gifts me the services of an elite warrior unit, no questions asked
>this brings my gold income at a loss per turn but I'm able to stay ahead by selling lumber though it's a temporary solution
>nothing happens for a while, very surprising that I haven't encountered an opponent beside a Fungoid warlord on the other side of the map yet
>the goblin city asks me to join their war against a minor village in their province, they'll pay me 250 gold

>1/2
>>
>>638150
>agree because they gave me an elite unit that could probably hold up three Greater Blood Beasts for two turns, maybe three
>that's really damned good for a mortal unit, especially goblins
>send entire army across the map to strike this village, the problem is they had a garrison
>a unit of spearman and a unit of slingers
>virtually nothing, they're annihilated almost instantly
>they didn't route though, very respectable and for that they have my respect
>army is exhausted after crushing garrison, can't begin siege immediately
>the village manages to muster three more spearmen in a desperate gambit
>they're also wiped out to the last but manage to do some decent damage to my army of Blood because I got curious and decided to cast berserk on each of their units to see if that could help them turn the tide
>interesting, the village garrison has been wiped out, the siege is now ready to begin
>approximately two turns into the three turn siege when the army of the goblin city arrives with ten units of spearmen, two units of axemen, two units of mounted macemen, a unit of crossbowmen, and a unit of slingers
>expect them to pitch in and crush the village even more
>they decide to betray the wizard and attack his army of Blood instead, which is for the best because he planned to sacrifice the village population to fuel his Blood rituals
>am now four turns into a pitched battle
>have mortal units hold back, ready to retreat, while everything else charges
>their crossbows drop a handful but the slingers can't do shit against their unnatural toughness
>one of their mounted macemen charges ahead and gets absolutely eviscerated in two turns
>the other mounted maceman was more hesitant but not in a much better situation
>their spearmen are holding a steady line and marching into the chaotic horde
>start casting berserk of each of my units I can with my limited battlefield mana
>pic related

>2/2
>>
File: Wizards & Warlords (1).png (788 KB, 1920x1080)
788 KB
788 KB PNG
It didn't go well for them. I'm planning on harvesting the goblin city's population for their Blood after this treachery.
>>
Where can pirate this game damn it?
>>
File: Wizards & Warlords (2).png (3.26 MB, 1920x1080)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB PNG
Gobshites SEETHING

>>638172
It's worth $40 in my opinion- the dev's basically giving it away. Not even a shill it just feeds into my autism about this shit.
>>
This looks like poor man's dominions. Question to the shills, what's the play-through time and is there any chance of multiplayer?
>>
>>638705
In my experience it can go 10-14 hours for a full campaign but I like to use large maps and meander around a bit. If you use a small map and rush straight for victory you can do it in 3-4 hours no problem, but if you get into the nitty gritty, involve yourself with diplomacy, and fiddle with every aspect of the game, you're looking at potentially +30 or more. Multiplayer isn't a thing yet I don't think but the dev mentioned in a devlog or two that he intends to include it in the future. The AI's good, great even if the difficulty's maxed but it's not completely polished which seems to get better every six months or so. It's a fun timewaster.
>>
>>638172
You can get it on IGG if you can stand that site.
>>
>>638705
It's not really Dominions, more like Age of Wonders
>>
>>638705
My hot take as someone who came pretty late to Dominions is that Dom is captive to its hyper-competitve player base, which is fine but it is what it is.
This is more of a sink yourself into a role and deal with your retainers, workers, and the different races how you see fit.
For instance if you were deep in a competitive multi of Dom and all your elf cities rebelled you would go apeshit, but in this you just suit up and go kill some fucking elf's.
The diplomacy, respect and influence mechanics allow you to have a pretty comfy game, but WAACfags who live for multi might not agree.
Personally I hope Devman doesn't allow those guys to ever take over his game.
>>
>>639143
Mother fuckers I requested it when it was released and they just brushed me and said they will never upload it
>>
>>639186

This will never be a competitive game. For me, balance is to make sure things are not completely dumb and stuff which should be useful isn't. I won't try to make Halfling Cannibals with pointy sticks balanced against Armored Vampire Trolls with big axes. Some things will just be bad, because that's fun and expected.

It's possible to completely change (non-randomly generated) unit stats with mods - and I want to make more stuff moddable. I don't mind someone making a 'better balance' mod.

But the focus will not be competitive multi-player. Which is incredibly hard to get right without making an insanely simple, dull and/or annoying game, so fwiw I actually think the Dom devs did an amazing job catering to that crowd and still keeping the core of their game design intact.

Hotseat is something I'd like to add, partly because the Steam remote hotseat functionality is supposedly cool and fun. I would like to add true multi-player but it's a big time investment, and I think right now that time is better spend on gameplay, UI and making battles more fun. PBEM is 75% done or so, but needs some annoying UI work, so is shelved for now. I use it mostly to test stuff, as it allows me to control multiple factions in the same game.

Some day, when Warlords are less shallow, the economy works better, more stuff is great and fewer people describe the game as half-baked, I can start picking from the more luxurious part of my backlog and wishlists. 'Connected' multiplayer will have to compete with planar content, playable Ancient Evils, underwater/ocean content, etc. Unless the player community changes radically over time I suspect they'll prefer content. Unless I sell a million copies suddenly, there will be limits to how much dev time I can deliver.
>>
>>639708

> Unless I sell a million copies suddenly, there will > be limits to how much dev time I can deliver.

Just to clarify, since I guess this might be ambiguous: I'm not going to suddenly stop working on the game. I just can't hire any help as is sometimes suggested to increase my bandwidth. And there are limits to what quantities of code a single devman can output.
>>
what difficulty are you playing on? I keep getting fucked on Normal every time, unless I make golems, in which case I fuck everyone every time. Haven't tried grid battles yet, how much of a difference does that stuff make?
>>
>>637707
How can you dismiss followers? I haven't seen a button for it during my plays.
>>
>>640396
I think you have to press details or some other thing, then the dismiss button appears. The interface is a bit wacky sometimes.
>>
>>640416
Thanks man, there it is, indeed. I can try again with a game of burning every single town and city not ruled by orcs.
>>
>>640202
Play as crusader. I'm crushing it on my second game. Basically got my whole continent except one ally and I'm cheesing big stacks of everything.
Then I discovered how fucking big the map is.
Devman, how do I make my maritime armies go faster they may not make it across the ocean this week.
>>
I'm trying to settle a region as an Undead race. I realized I cannot actually do that without mundane races, so I hired human workers in order to settle. To settle I need 2,000 food... and now it tells me I can only have 450. How do I increase the stockpile limit, and is there a better way to settle empty regions with Undead?
>>
>>641803

Cast spells on them to make them flying or aquatic. Naval Commander on the General also helps.
>>
>>642015

You don't need to actually have the 2000 Food. There is an auto-buy checkbox, so you can substitute gold for food.

Originally, Undead couldn't settle provinces at all, but that made players mad, so I changed it. I'd like to implement Necropolis cities so you can settle regions with dead people instead of pesky living subjects, but haven't done that yet.

Note that you can build an Outpost and upgrade it to a Fortress as an alternative to a City. Both give you control of the province if it is unclaimed. It is perfectly viable to play a non-City strategy and just go for Fortresses and Mana Nodes for recruitment and territory control.
>>
>>640396

Right-click menu for followers should help with this. As the other user pointed out, the Dismiss button is tucked away under Details. This also where you can click History and see what random stuff the follower may have gotten up to (punching other characters, looting tombs and making ghosts angry at you, borrowing your gold for investment schemes, etc.)
>>
>>642037
Alright thanks. To build a Fortress it seems I need Artisan, Scholar or Trait: Siege Master, but I don't see any character with these traits in the recruit screen. Is there a way to force those people to appear, or am I stuck waiting for someone to appear?
>>
What do offices do exactly? Like the Advisor, for example.
>>
>>642046

You can use the Request: Character action towards Independent Realms. This will allow you to choose a specific class-type (Artisan, Scholar, Martial, etc.) from a culture-based selection.

You can also inspect cities for notable characters with those traits and send a follower to try and recruit any with the correct trait.

Using Divine Favor ('Crown' button > Deities) you can also request a Boon. Some Deities can gives specific traits to characters. The Erudite trait grants 'counts-as' Scholar, Tinkerer grants the same for Artisan. But availability depends on the Deities in your world.
>>
>>642057

Advisor effects depend on the follower. When selecting a character to assign, the window should display the effects from the current selection (if chosen). I'll verify some bug hasn't messed this up.

But the effects are stuff like research bonus, +1 influence per turn, cost reduction on certain things, etc.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.