[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 118 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: threekingdoms2.png (231 KB, 880x589)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>Three Kingdoms 2
OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zId4puekfU
At one moment they said they got finished in a way but the next they said they'll be more content what exactly do they mean? I'm putting you to Total War besides the Warhammer games.
>>
I don't get it. Are they gonna make every mainline Total War a trilogy now or what?
What will 3K2 have? Nomads and Koreans? They could just add that into the main game as DLC and be done with it
>>
>>613772
I just read that Grace replied to a comment about that. She said “no” to it being a mortal empires map. Shilling to China then? I don’t fucking get why they will make a game during the same time period.
>>
>>613778
Take Three Kingdoms, add back naval combat, unfuck the battles, reuse the character designs, redo China with regard to actual regional diversity, pour in the Koreans, the nomads, all the good shit.
There's certainly lots that could be done for a good sequel here. Although it's hard to tell whether or not they'll manage, given that it's still CA we're talking about here.
>>
File: 1616828025208.png (16 KB, 710x172)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>613790
>What did they mean by this?
"All hail our Chink overlords!"
>>
>>613790
What exactly do they mean by Connect?
>>
File: Timur the LAME.png (50 KB, 633x758)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
Medieval 3 bros......
>>
>>613789
>reuse the character designs
Except the women. Redesign them to look good.
>>
>>613807
The post launch ones look good already.
>>
>>613799
Like how the Warhammer games can connect together on single map.
>>
File: 1576527285093.jpg (979 KB, 1242x1205)
979 KB
979 KB JPG
>>613790
Maybe a Total War attila-esque game? Don't know when, Invasion and rebellion of the Five Barbarians?
>>
>>613815
She specifically says they are making a Total War game focused on the ROTK and its characters. Even had a few concept arts for it.
Five Barbarians are completely and utterly out of scope for that.
>>
>>613809
I only remember them looking like shit without mods.
>>
Translation: DLC sales are so fucking shit after the huge launch sale numbers we better just make a rehash of the $60 title since chinks will buy that instead
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEL5meksq3M
>>
>>613790
Wait, that means we will never get a Battle of Red Cliffs or proper three kingdoms start date?
The fuck?
>>
>>613823
Who the fuck buys the same game right after the first one came out? I don't understand. It's not even going to be on diffrent engine like Rome 1 and Rome 2. It's exactly the same game.
>>
>>613801
.... wtf is going on? what the fuck are they doing? why are they smoking crack? hopefully feral has our backs with a med 2 remaster.
>>
>>613835
warhammerfags
CA are doing the same thing they did with WH and trying to see if it will work for history titles
can't wait for Medieval 3 to be split into 3 parts as well
>>
>>613837
this franchise really is fucking dead huh. this genre really needs some fucking competition. this is embarassing by CA
>>
Do can people tell me how did his stall go number one games compared to none but you and how they are different like medieval 1 and 2? Total War Shogun 1 and 2? Rome 1, and 2 and do Total War Attila count as a sequel?
>>
>>613801
I can see it now
Total War: Medieval III: 1066
Total War: Medieval III 2: 3rd Crusades
Total War: Medieval III 3: Mongol Invasion
Total War: Medieval III 4: Renaissance

60$ each plus tax
>>
>>613843
what the fuck are you trying to ask lol
>>
File: 1602933662804.jpg (14 KB, 199x297)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>613843
>>
>>613848
>>613850
>>613843
Can people tell me how Historical Total War games 1 compared to 2? Like how they compare original games to sequel to the original? like medieval 1 and 2? Total War Shogun 1 and 2? Rome 1, and 2 and do Total War Attila count as a sequel?
>>
>>613851
they are all life ruining, if you have ocd and nothing better to do, if thats what you are asking. dont play any of them. go work on your english lessons.
>>
>>613851
For most of those there's not much of a comparison other than that they're Total War games with the same or similar setting. Which means they're still very similar but they're not just a slightly more modern version of the same game.

>do Total War Attila count as a sequel?
Games like Atilla and Napoopan are technically more like refinements of their predecessors than true sequels. They offer more polished mechanics in trade for a more narrow focus.
>>
>>613851
Depends. R1 and R2 are a completely different games with only the setting being the same, while WH2 isn't a new game but just an expansion to WH1.
>>
>>613851
this three kingdoms "sequel" or whatever they are going to call it, isnt going to be anywhere as near as impressive as the leap between shogun 1 and 2, or med 1 and 2. the series peaked with shogun 2 and has stagnated and slowly declined with every entry since. before shogun 2 every entry into the series, for the most part innovated and added major new creative design features. this is not the case with the newer total war games.

if youre asking if this is going to be some majorly changed, new experience - its not. and its not going to be worth the full price like they are going to charge you with. they are essentially reselling the same game again, just like they did with the warhammer franchise. no new creative innovation.
>>
>>613837
But you could split Med 3 into three games like first one set in Europe, second in middle east and third in Asia or whatever. It could work even tough it's a scam. But in this case they are literally re-releasing the same thing. Same factions on the same map in the same time period running on the same engine all of that not even two years after the first one. I don't get it. I just don't.
>>
>>613801
I always hate when you cry at every Warhammer new video but here im with you. If there should be new historical game they should do medieval 3. 3K wasnt even that much of succes so i really dont understand this step from CA.
>>
>>613843
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>613789
>redo China with regard to actual regional diversity, pour in the Koreans, the nomads
NOOOOOOOOO!
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
THERE'S ALL CHINA! ALWAYS BEEN!
THERE'S ONE CHINA!
>>
>>613871
>3K wasnt even that much of succes so i really dont understand this step from CA.
They're doing this because 3K WAS a major success otherwise they wouldnt bother.
>>
An here I was hoping for the nomads and koreans for 3k.
Actually liked the game. Don't care now.
>>
>>613865
>>613862
Is it possible Total War 2 3 kingdoms is going to be actual the 3 kingdoms as in the time the big 3 men really became the biggest political forces in China basically on end everything between the 3 of them?As compared to 3 Kingdoms one the prelude to 3 kingdoms?
>>
>>613878
They probably had great initial sales, and the DLC did poorly, so now they are just making a "new" game, which in reality should've been an expansion or DLC. So they can cash in on all the marketing hype of a new historical total war title.
>>
>>613877
How much are they trying to suck bugmen lil cock anyway? Is this game popular in china?
>>
>>613887
yeah, it was a massive success in china. its very obvious whats going on here
>>
3k2 is in preproduction, that may mean that there's an actual historical game coming after wh3.
>>
File: what2.jpg (45 KB, 528x792)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>613744
el mao
>>
>>613886
>They probably had great initial sales, and the DLC did poorly, so now they are just making a "new" game, which in reality should've been an expansion or DLC. So they can cash in on all the marketing hype of a new historical total war title.
So what did they do with the fall of the Samurai game?
>>
>>613892
Fall of the samurai could've been a brand new game. But that was old CA, when they actually gave a fuck about creating good games, so it was released as an expansion.
>>
>>613895
Fall of the Samurai was a standalone game.
>>
>>613896
its a standalone expansion to shogun 2, yes. this is not whats happening with three kingdoms
>>
>>613904
>a standalone expansion
If it's standalone, it's not an expansion.

You don't call Warhammer 2 an expansion to Warhammer 1.
>>
>>613896
I just realized now that I don't have FoTS anymore on my steam library and now they're calling it a "Saga". What the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>613907
>You don't call Warhammer 2 an expansion to Warhammer 1.
you missed the entire point. thats exactly what i do.
>>
>>613907
That's semantics and shitty marketing scheme. When it was released it was just a campaign expansion to Shogun 2. WH2 is an expansion to WH1 but CA tries selling it as a new game.
>>
>>613907
>If it's standalone, it's not an expansion.
Standalone expansions have been a thing for many games, underb8.
CA doesn't call Warhammer 2 a standalone expansion pack for Warhammer 1 for the sole reason that they need to slap a $60 price-tag on it. FotS, SupCom Forged Alliance, Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna,... there's dozens if not hundreds of standalone expansion packs. Take the same engine, reuse mechanics and whip up a standalone game on top of the original. Except none of these cost $60 a piece. That's CA's only "contribution" to the model.
>>
>>613832
Reminder that we would already have this if not for 8 Princes
>>
I just want Empire 2...
>>
>>613935
Never happening in today’s PC climate.
>>
>>613744
So they made another studio dedicated to printing money in asia, sounds like a good choice considering how big the studio is now.
>>613912
They needed a good game in the saga titles.
>>
>>613931
Curse you eight princes
>>
retards, its literally ToB but for 3K. there will be a new historical title that is not 3K. its 99% going to be shit, but this new 3K game is not historical.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 270x187)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>613790
This is already an uninteresting setting for anyone who isn't a chink and they make another one?
>>
>>613760
In the comments it says no DLC or patches but they're working on a new game based on the novels that somehow isn't connected to this one
>>
>>613953
But they robbed me a game I bought, how is this allowed?
>>
>>613835
>Who the fuck buys the same game right after the first one came out?
The chinese, cater to them and they'll eat whatever you put out
>>
>>613885
probably not, there's no way the AI could handle having 2 huge AI controlled factions at the start of the game, or 3 if you play as a minor faction
>>
File: 142398752171.jpg (74 KB, 900x900)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
So... its a remake?
>>
>>614091
no, a 60$ starting date with possibility of more DLC down the line
and it won't have the 3K period, that's for 3K 3 kingdoms
>>
I see they're going the Dynasty Warriors route.
>>
>>613790
FOUR KINGDOMS
>>
>>614091
its a cash grab ala ToB. jack is back at it again and is overseeing the chinese ToB, 3K2.
>>
>>613938
You're fucking retarded. Victoria 3 has just been announced and that game literally lets you simulate the Scramble For Africa and slavery. Go back to /v/ if you think the heckin bogeyman is ruining your games with wokeism.
>>
>>613887
>>613889
Lmao you think the chinese communinty is happy with this decision? They're in open riot.
>>
>>614132
Tell us more, bugman.
>>
>>614072
>This is already an uninteresting setting for anyone who isn't a chink and they make another one?
Dynasty Warriors 9 from Japan.
>>
I wanted a game about the warring states period so I can play as the Uberchad Qin Shi Huang, sad!
>>
>>614135
Check reddit dipshit
>>
>>614141
This would be sick. Uber-realism Qin Shi Huang. either that or go the full opposite way and make it Total War: Jet Li's Hero
>>
>>614148
Calm down Lo Wang.
>>
>>614141
I would rather that than 3K. Warring States is kino
>>
>>613847
+tip
+tip tax
+separate Blood&Gore DLC for each entry
>>
File: laughing elf.jpg (39 KB, 600x557)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>613744
>have a successful 3K title
>fuck up the first DLC by making it about something unrelated to Three Kingdoms over a hundred years later
>rebuild trust with good subsequent DLCs and QoL updates
>promise a northern tribes DLC
>have blatant space for a Korea DLC
>haven't even reached the actual Three Kingdoms themselves yet, so everyone is expecting Red Cliffs and all that
>suddenly cut all future content and patches out of the blue and switch gears to a sequel based on the same exact novel and period in history
>have the Thrones of Britannia guy announce 3K2 and end of 3K support to everyone when it's not even in pre-production yet
>offer no explanation as to why any of this is happening
>offer no explanation of what the new game actually is
>the only piece of information is that it's not like the Warhammer games so nothing you own in 3K will matter in 3K2
>even Grace herself thinks this idea was fucking stupid beyond measure
>Chinese and Korean players move to nuke 3K's reviews
Expect half-finished Cathay promo content to drop ASAP
What a shitshow
>>
>>614197
Glad I didn't pay for this shit show lmao
>>
>>614197
I hope the Chinks and Koreans nuke the hell out of 3k in protest.
Today's announcement was ridiculous and completely out of the blue. I bet it's been a 100% manager's decision with no actual dev or even pr input involved.
>>
>>614197
>have successful game that isn't Warhammer

"Not on my watch!"
>>
>>614197
>even Grace herself thinks this idea was fucking stupid beyond measure

wait really? did she say that?
>>
File: Grace 3K2.png (48 KB, 854x340)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>614262
>>
>>614197
>Expect half-finished Cathay promo content to drop ASAP
What?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEL5meksq3M&t=407s
>>
>>614264
>>614262
I bet this is intentional so people go soft on poor lil grace. She's purposefully framing everything so it's nobody's fault, no one can be held accountable.
>>
>>614270
Reading between the lines, this was likely some sort of executive decision
>>
>>614264
She's been quite blunt with what's happening on the Steam forums too. I can't imagine she's happy about being thrown into a pack of rabid wolves by her bosses.

>>614270
If they gave that much of a shit they wouldn't be doing this to begin with.
>>
>>614276
They probably want to expand they scope and think total war is done, Troy was a mess that was giving out for free, the remastered version also flop , Warhammer 3 will be the future of total war and they want it to be success so they will probably make 3K II something completely new without it being part of the total war franchise
>>
I had a feeling this would happen. The community kept saying northern tribes but with the studio’s focus on wh the writing was on the wall.
No fucking idea what they’re doing with a new 3k game though.
>>
>>614319
>Troy was a mess that was giving out for free
>remastered version also flop
Neither of these are true
Epic paid CA out the ass for Troy
>>
>>614355
They did mediocre, you have to compare them with successful titles like Warhammer DLCs or 3K launch sales, the company suits were seeing the writing on the wall that as whole the total war franchise is dead, they much rather reboot 3K and stick with warhammer 3 and forget about total war
>>
>>614425
CA didn't even chiefly make Rome Remastered, sperg
It was a project by Feral Interactive
>>
>>614425
the new 3K is a saga title you nerd. they are still working on a new historical title.
>>
>>614355
Not that guy but Troy was hot garbage. Did you play it?
>>
File: 1621486488030.png (561 KB, 680x536)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>613744
Are you all braindead retarded. IT WILL BE ANOTHER SAGA TITLE. It's obvious for fucks sake. They will make another lazy rehash to new out more money out of this same. No three kingdoms 2, remakes or other bullshit. Next main "historical" title is med3, renaissance, empire 2 or something else. This is SAGA

Fucking retards the rine ends here
What does it matter if Epic already paid heaps for it? CA's costs were completely covered
>>
>>614474
>>614433
Not only that. It was specifically stated, iirc, that it's still in preproduction, that means there is another historical game in the works to be released after wh3.
>>
>>614487
Franchise is almost 30 years old now, I'm gonna sit around and chill with my fools hope of a 30 years total war released on the franchise's 30 year aniversary.
>>
>>614462
ignore them they are full on copium, total war is dead and CA is already looking to move on into other shit, total war warhammer its it own franchise though
>>
>>614528
I predict WH3 will have a shorter life than WH2. Once that's done, circa 2024, CA is going to start crashing hard because they overexpanded without realizing Warhammer was a stroke of fortune. The next 3K will be garbage, historic is dead, and soon they'll run out of content for fantasy too.
>>
team up with koei and sega please
>>
>>614148
>4chan checks reddit
>the bland leading the blind
>>
>>614197
>Jack Lusted is actually a massive Warhammer fan so he's been sabotaging CA's other games from the inside
could you imagine
>>
>>614148
how about you go back
>>
>>614141
I get it but wouldn't that period be even rougher on unit variety compared to Three Kingdoms
>>
>>614651
>Project Director on Thrones of Britannia
>Jack Lusted
>>
>>614668
What an unfortunate name
>>
>>614197
Pls my asian brothers nuke the page
>>
>>614598
>>614654
Reddit is the only place that matters for new total war and the only place CA reads for feedback, grandpa.
>>
>>614748
Not true, there’s also weibo.
>>
File: 1621595117413.jpg (525 KB, 1769x1214)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
>>614579
There will be TW:40k after TW:W runs it's course. This subseries was so profitable for both CA and GW that there is no way this doesn't happen. They will replace one golden goose with another.
>>
>>614804
fucking worst timeline
>>
>>614804
>WH40k Total War
I'm ok with this. Also, ship battles... in space...
>>
>>614748
then stay there kiddo
>>
>>614804
>here will be TW:40k after TW:W
It will require a total gameplay and engine rework. They are not able to do it anymore, all what they can - rape old formula over and over on the same junky engine.
And again - gladius exist.
>>
>Retarded dumbasses thinking TW:40K is ever going to happen.
Either trolling or are genuine idiots.
>>
File: 1621594334947.jpg (255 KB, 800x1200)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>614807
>ship battles
Kek
>>614847
Nah, not only they have experience already in making rts games similar to CoH and DoW (Halo Wars) or drastically different games like Alien Isolation (stealth horror) or Total Warrior (action), there is also no such thing as not being able to. They are fuckhuge AAA studio, the biggest one in UK. If they will need talent they will simply hire it. And making TW:40k will be worth it
Gladius is completely different game
>>614862
Im screencaping all those openly reality denying posts to make collage once TW:40k is announced. Yours will make a fine addition to my collection.
>>
>>614862
See you after WH3
>>
>>614804
And I'd buy it. Sure its obvious milking of the franchise, but if the game is halfway interesting in the end, why not?
>>
File: medieval2.jpg (247 KB, 500x708)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>613778
>I don’t fucking get why they will make a game during the same time period.
>>
>>614084
Something something the terms and conditions you likely agreed to when installing/playing the game defines your purchase as a lease or something of the like, not ownership. Sega has since cancelled the lease on non saga versions of the game.
t. I saw another anon talking about it a while back
>>
File: 621.png (783 KB, 1146x856)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
>>613843
>>
File: 1461107929216.png (528 KB, 853x473)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
>>613843
>>
>>614668
>Jack Lusted
Didn't he make a map for the OG Rome 1 or smth?
>>
>>613885
They said it was going to start in 208~
>>
What the fuck was the thought process behind this
>>
>>615038
>game sold well
>dlc didn't
>let's make game 2
>>
I HATE THE SUPREME PEOPLE'S ASSEMBLY
I HATE THE SUPREME PEOPLE'S ASSEMBLY
>>
3K:TW 2 is only in predevelopment, you arent seeing that shit for at least two years.
>>
>>615038
I think it's because the DLC flopped but the base game sales were pretty high so the developers decided that they woild just not bother supporting the game because they probably know that they can milk money from retards with a sequel.
>>
File: 5060004765195_l[1].jpg (49 KB, 336x480)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>613790
For me it's Three Kingdoms Total Warrior
>>
>>615041
>>615785
>make DLC literally no one wants
>"why isn't it selling"
>>
>>615908

They could've, and probably should've just made character packs for the Rise of Warlords campaign
>>
File: nofapkitten.jpg (89 KB, 640x853)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>613843
>Do can people tell me how did his stall go number one games compared to none but you and how they are different like
thanks for the kek, frien
have a kitty
>>
>>615785
Hopefully the sequel fixes problems with the Three Kingdoms first game.
>>
>>616235
>whatever I'll support anything that isn't three kingdoms
Why anything that isn't three kingdoms?
>>
>>614579
Aren’t they working on 3 or 4 different projects?
>>
>>615041
unironically a good practice. remember how "done" people were with rome 2? or empire? people always come crawling back. even ToB SOLD well, it just didnt have good reception.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9lUfnZiXY
>>
Damn what a shame.
I feel like if they at least got the Northern Nomads in the game people would've been okay with the ending.
>>
>>616551
Or if Liu Bei got a decent campaign
>>
>>616524
That's a surprisingly accurate take from someone who didn't even play 3K. He covers the negative feedback loop CA made with poor DLC picks and the patching still needed, and even points out that CA pissed off the crowd 3K caters to. Not bad from a fantasytuber.
>>
>>613847
pretty sure that's what they are planning
>>
>>613744
If they're doing a stand-alone expansion for TK like Napoleon, FOTS and Attila why won't they continue the tradition and make a sequel set in later age, instead of a game set in the same period?
They could've make a more distinct game about rise of the Mings or gunning down the Boxers with gatling guns, instead they're shamelessly making a remake for a two year old game, what the fuck.
>>
Let's take bets on the kind of stupid shit we will see in the 2nd version of 3K, shall we?
I'm betting that CA is going to abandon history altogether and go full Dynasty Warriors fantasy RoTK. Yellow Turbans will have access to the Tome of Heavens magic and Zhang Jue will summon lightning storms, Nanman tribes will have access to the Tome of Fire, have Tiger Cavalry and instead of archers they will have units that breathe fire. All leaders of major factions will gain the ability to transform into an animal/god/demon. Also, get ready for teleport Quest Battles and retarded survival mini-games that never feel threatening because they are designed to not be challenging.
>>
>>613877
Anon, it's literally a Three Kingdoms game. If you're going to parody something, at least do it right.
>>
>>613851
Most of them have graphical and gameplay overhauls. For better or worse. This is just a shameless cash grab the consumer faggots will buy
>>
This will be another epic exclusive right.
>>
>>617081
Because they never actually got to the Three Kingdoms bit hilariously. They did everything before and after but not the actual Wei, Wu and Shu.
>>
>>617279
If it doesn't add naval battles I will completely lose my shit
>>
>>613744
Please give me a full naval experience...
>>
>>614072
It's an interesting premise. They just focused too much on the "Romance" aspect.
>>
>>613801
I dont even want it. Warscape = no mtw 3
>>
>>617424
Imagine actually spending resources to develop a better engine for your future projects instead of shitting out one mediocre game every year and bunch of half assed DLCs to milk your playerbase dry.
>>
>>613744
I don't understand. Warscape was designed for ranged musket combat, granted it can't really even do that well. Just make a new engine or update the old Total War engine.
>>
>>617430
Apparently it works and heaps in more money than before, so that wont change. Also fuck mods too, atleast thats CAs policy now. 1212 AD looks pretty nice for example but they still have to cope with severe limitations.
>>
>>617433
>Just make a new engine or update the old Total War engine.
Why? They're making more than ever before with each passing year.
Call of Duty updated its engine when the sales number started dropping and they needed to prove they could give folks more than rehashes. WoW also updated its engine with Cataclysm because mid-WotLK was the first time they ever saw a decrease in population numbers.
Making a new engine requires massive amounts of experienced developers and time.
The same amount of money could be spent making Warhammer 4, Warhammer 5, Medieval 3 and/or Warhammer 40k. Any pair of which would turn a higher profit than this wonderwaffe game sold by the engine premise alone. And that's even IF the engine was somehow better than what they have now.
>>
>>614084
They changed the location of a mountain, is that not enough?
>>
I want to have sex with Lulu Zhang
>>
File: qiao.jpg (2.09 MB, 3840x2160)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>613820
>these are 2/10s to the average /vst/al virgin
fucking cringe
>>
Imagine an alternate timeline where:
>1st DLC was over 100 new character arts and fixes the dearth of mid tier han units
>Huge rebalancing patch to fix ranged and cav supremacy
>2nd DLC was Chibi adding naval battles, starting with tutorial style night battle where Cao Cao gets btfo, transitions to 210 start and covers actual 3K
>River control possible without gates and impassable shallows trainwreck
>Huge bug fix patch
>3rd DLC was Nanman for 190 and 210 but reasonably priced
>4th DLC was Mandate of Heaven but working plus bandit rework
>Huge bug fix patch
>5th DLC was 198 start for Xiapi, Yuan Shu dying, and Guandu. Han factions get reworked mechanics
>6th DLC was Korea and some northern barbarians, added rest of the characters missing
>Continued to bug fix, rebalance, fix campaign oversights, campaign AI behavior, and polish the game for at least 3 big patches after last DLC
>>
>>617762
>>617762
Having a DLC just for character portraits is an interesting idea. I'd definitely buy it. Adding naval battles to get the full Wu experience would be great too. The only thing I'd add is a 194 start is essential in order to get the Wu origin story, as well as a proper Lu Bu faction.

Also the unit roster is trash, it's the game's biggest weakness. There's an unclear sense of progression, and a lot of redundancy. The water element has around a dozen units, but Earth only has 4? CA should have cut the unit roster in half so they could focus on making the rest interesting to use. Shogun 2 should have been the model.
>>
>>617762
You will buy the new game, you will buy the blood dlc again, you will buy every dlc they release for the new game.
>>
>>613790
History chads... I don't feel so good
>>
>>617762
>>617779
Navals battles are dead until they can figure a way to make people enjoy them. With the exception of gunpowder games naval battles fucking suck. 99% of us skip them 90% of the time. They aren't fun, they aren't strategic and they look goofy.
>>
>>617814
Romance was always fantasoi
>>
>>617828
Just like troy, right? You Historyfags will never be satisfied.
>>
>>617848
Troy was even more fantasoi lmao, it didn't even give you the option of replacing the retarded single entity units with a half-assed 'historical' version
>>
>>617827
They wouldn't be sea battles like other TWs but river battles. The yangtze is only 800m at its widest and I'm sure land battle maps are already bigger than that. So you could have the river be half the map and shore be the other. The boats are like siege engines, each infantry and general unit gets its own ship (or multiple for bigger unit sizes) and either start in the boat or on land with the ship moored to the shore. Most battles end up >50% on land with a few ships skirmishing on water or landing to get the wrap around flank. You could also do add alternative win conditions like burning down all their ships, add cool reforms like enabling suicide burning ship deployables.
>>
>>617850
Troy actually existed, you brainlet. There are ruins of it.
>>
>>617873
The game isn't fantasoi because it has Troy in it retard
>>
>>617877
Cope. Troy and Three kingdoms are Historical tittles, not fantasy.
>>
>>614072
Japs and koreans love it desu.
>>
File: Wypipo.jpg (43 KB, 680x504)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>614072
You mean people are only interested in playing games that represent the culture they directly belong to? That's news to me.
>>
>>614072
Chinks are legion, Three Kingdoms is the most sold total war
>>
>>617314
Hahaha what planet are you living on?
>>
>>614072
>he still thinks game devs pander to the westcuck
wwwwwwwww
>>
>>614278
is grace cute? does she have feet pics?
>>
>>613851
>Can people tell me how Historical Total War games 1 compared to 2?
S1 and M1 were made on the total war 1 engine, so lacked 3D battle and campaign maps. So the jump to Med 2 and Shogun 2 is huge. All 4 titles are worth playing, there's lots of good shit spread throughout. R2 is just a shitshow of poor designs, and massive launch bugs and is overall much worse than R1. Attila is good alternative to Barbarian Invasion though. So traditionally history sequels have actually been good, but I don't expect much from modern CA.
>>
>>617895
Yeah I'm sure ancient Brad Pitt could definitely kill a few hundred guys by himself
>>
>>617678
Now post their battle models
>>
>>614804
The TW formula is absolutely terrible for 40K. Also, 40K is lame as shit compared to WHFantasy.
>>
>>613744
Great, fuck 3 kingdoms, CHINKS shouldnt get games. anyone who enjoyed this arcady garbage should get their face stomped in.
>>
>>613744
six kingdoms
>>
>>618394
Are you stupid? The story of the Trojan War wasn't invented in the 2000s. It's literally thousands of years old and predates Rome.
>>
>>614847
There's nothing in 40K that hasn't already been done in other Total War games,
>>
File: 1595536194661.jpg (367 KB, 1280x868)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>618426
>The TW formula is absolutely terrible for 40K
Nonsense. Real time battles and campaign map are match made in heaven and the very reason why Total War is so successful. This design works for everything. Empire at War too is great because of this formula and proves there is nothing stopping scifi game from utilizing it
>Also, 40K is lame as shit compared to WHFantasy.
Terrible taste. 40k designs are objectively better and unique, especially those of elves and greenskins. Chaos is more fleshed out both in lore and army roster so they will not be as boring as in TW:W to play. Variety in subfactions is as well bigger. There is not a single way in which it's inferior, which is why everyone always preferred to buy it's miniatures
>>618519
So even you admit now that 40k would easily work for TW
>>
>>614072
Only if you're a brainlet who can't branch out
>>
>>613871
3K was a massive success with amazing sales
>>
File: fml.png (381 KB, 1280x720)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I JUST WANT MW3 OR EMPIRE 2 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I JUST WANT TO ATTACK EUROPEAN SHIPPINGS AS BARBARY PIRATES WHY IS SEGA DOING THIS TO MEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>613790
>Three Kingdoms 2
>With all the features we promised for Three Kingdom, but we didnt really add
>So we can force you to pay full price two times
>>
>>618509
You seem to be missing the point everyone is making: Troy isn't historical. It's a fantasy title because it has souped up hero units that completely change the flow of battle. Just because there was a Troy doesn't mean it's a historical game. The game is not grounded in reality and you would know this if you played it. Do you think dynasty warriors is historical?
>>
>>618936
Who is gonna but it? All the fans of the first game are just going to expect the worst.
They've also shot themselves in the foot with their "sell a skeleton and hang dlc off it" scheme. Now everyone knows any CA game is one failed dlc away from being abandoned
>>
>>613744
>Three Kingdoms 2
That would be nonsense if they did it. Also aren't there other titles that should be getting a sequel? Medieval III? Shogun III? Empire II? You know, stuff people would like to have?
>>
>>618965
All decisions are took by greed corporate kikes who likely never player a game, let alone the CA ones. Dont try to find a logic behind this decisions
>>
File: cao cao tricked.jpg (25 KB, 720x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>he actually gave money to CA
>>
>>614748
Grace already said the quiet part out-loud: CA hang around the reddit because it's a hug-box where criticism of them usually doesn't survive the down-votes, except when the company really shits the bed.
>>
>>614997
Dunno, but I don't think a game director has as much creative control at CA as their job title would suggest. Case in point: Shogun 2 had many of the same key people as Rome 2 did.

One of the best games CA ever shat out flopped and one of the worst was a huge success(after 17 patches that no game before it ever had).
>>
>>617873
Fun fact: China exists too!
>>
>>618914
Can't wait for 80000000 dlc packs so we can have every single space marine variant and almost zero content for every other race!
>>
>>620586
You better buy the Blood Pack again you stupid fucking goy
>>
>>620583
Then where are the bones
>>
>>620608
Ground up and used in traditional medicine
>>
What are the chances of a crack of 1.7.1 being released? I want to try out the other factions but no chance in hell would I buy the dlcs.
>>
File: enoughisenough.jpg (101 KB, 800x450)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Ok, after dumbing down an already simple game in Warhammer 1 and 2, this and introducing mobile-game tier mechanics in TWW3 Im leaving ship, yall fellas have fun
>>
>>613790
>The west now solely exists to make products for China
How did we get into the worst timeline
>>
>>621600
>introducing mobile-game tier mechanics in TWW3
What happened?
>>
>>621640
They introduced mobile-game tier mechanics in TWW3
>>
>>621653
Such as?
>>
>>621654
>Kill enemies in waves for points
>Spend points by pressing buttons
>Pressing buttons builds defences
>Walls
>Palisades
>Archery towers
>This 'innovative' new battle-type is artificially 45 minutes long
>It's pace is not determined by the base game mechanics and player-decisions
>It's controlled by a game designer using a spreadsheet
>In a Chaos god's own realm, their units are weaker in these survival battles
>No, it was not 'journalist difficulty': game director says this is the intended balance
>>
>>613778
China bux. Literally the entirety of modern western civilization is revolves around China in one way or another. It's pretty disgusting.
>>
Why can't we have a pike and shot game instead?
>>
>>613760
>>613772
I think they've just realized they completely misunderstood what the 3K audience is after, and decided to make a game that will aim to satisfy that. They should've waited longer, though.
>>
>>621678
We're gonna get mods to turn them hardcore in no time, it's gonna be great.
>>621692
China has almost always been the world's biggest economy, the last 150 years were an abnormality.
>>
>>621806
what exactly is the 3k audience after?
>>
>>621806
Not really, they ignored every suggestion that the community made. The Nanman DLC sold well and people were excited for the Northern China expansion, but the start date DLC was riddled with bugs that CA simply couldn't fix (Start dates would always trigger their campaign specific events but once it went to the next timed event chain it would almost always break / the power balance of factions is only balanced for your start date and will no doubt be all fucked up within a couple of turns meaning you will rarely see 3 Kingdoms and never see Wei-Wu-Shu) and thus sold like garbage. It legitimately feels like CA was in a no-win scenario, but that doesn't justify abandoning the game with all the bugs it currently has and without a decent campaign for Liu fucking Bei of all people.
>>
>>618965
EA would be out of business if that was true
Your standards are too high for the common retarded consumer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWxxKPmxP94
>>
>>617294
>This will be another epic exclusive right.
My mom has told me not to install that Chinese spyware on to my computer.
>>
>>617444
>Also fuck mods too, atleast thats CAs policy now. 1
What? How? And why?
>>
the four kingdoms
>>
>>621809
>relying on modders to save shitty game design

cretins like you are why we're in this mess in the first place
>>
>>621947
>linking to arch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCsgQ434wXg
>>
>>621915
>meaning you will rarely see 3 Kingdoms and never see Wei-Wu-Shu

Unless you're playing migration Liu Bei, you're never going to get historical Wu, Wei, Shu anyway.

I also don't get why this is such a thing people neg about, no Total War game has followed history beyond the start of the game, it's a sandbox campaign.
>>
>>621909
Total War: Mortal Kombat, you play Shao Khan invading worlds after winning MK tournaments. It returns to it's Big Trouble In Little China rip-off roots, re-using tons of 3K assets and charging you full-price.

If the 'new 3K game' is not this, I will fart in my hand and throw it at CA.
>>
>>621933
Do non-autistics play total war?
>>
>>622861
Must do, they're the target audience CA are wanting now. Anyone who actually obsesses over the game design and mechanics realises it's all gone to shit now.
>>
>>614267
>>613825
Quit shilling
>>
File: kVU9rfA.jpg (126 KB, 768x960)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>621809
>the last 150 years were an abnormality.
Not even. What prompted the Opium Wars and the Century of Humiliation aka Poor Little Qing Dynasty to begin with? The Eternal ((((Angloid))) was rustled that trade with China was almost 100% in China's favor and the London investor's (((profit margin))) wasn't high enough.
>>
>>614197
Can't wait for Warhammer 4
>>
>>624239
You mean warhammer 40k?
>>
>>624319
Man, sequels are getting out of hand these days.
>>
Knowing the Chinese market, they are doing what they should have done with the first 3k.

The chinese do not buy DLC. They just don't. They buy the base game, and play the fuck out of it, but won't buy DLC.

CA if they had done proper marketing research would have known this.

But let's be honest - they probably still don't. Instead they are going to Saga model every game thinking it'll give them more money everywhere, producing halfassed crap for the casual wallets.
>>
>>622432
Cool, as always. These folks sound a bit like Fujiwara of Eastern Han.

>>624463
>The chinese do not buy DLC. They just don't. They buy the base game, and play the fuck out of it, but won't buy DLC.
They have no issue with microtransactions, that's for sure. Is there really such a strong aversion to DLC?
>>
>>613744
>only total war I got is Shogun2
> got it for free
> see this
I will never buy a CA game if this is the shit they pull
>>
I think the reason they are stopping the dlc is because they fucked up something with the base game since launch. Everyone who has played beyond turn 140 noticed that the UI goes crazy and the game becomes unplayable, it stutters nonstop, turn of the UI and the stutter stops (but then you cant play, since no buttons). The UI overlay is wonky and they dont know how to fix it.
>>
>>624496
Chinese see it as being for suckers, which it is, since lieing and deceit is a dick measuring contest only losers would get DLC. They also have a different view of microtransactions, they enjoy paying for the privilege and having the power to throw their weight around through money. Microtransactions are a legitimate means to do this through the game, in other words they treat microtransactions as a gameplay mechanic. They also hate taking time.
>>
Bump
>>
>>613799
You will get nothing for owning the original game. If you want ongoing support or the northern DLC we repeatedly promised you have to buy the same basic game again, at full price, with a "2" affixed to the title. Pay up paypigs.
>>
>>621767
Play Warhammer as empire
>>
>>613847
screencap this
>>
>>613744
CA are killing it. Paradox-socks fags mad.
>>
>>628472
>play fantasy garbage
No
>>
>>613843
Nani?!
>>
I want a 3K style character focused game about the Wars of the Successors.
>>
>>641200
Chad taste. Diadochi wars are a fascinating. Sadly i doubt it will every happen. I can see it being used in Med 3 though. Another very character driven era.
>>
>>613772
>They could just add that into the main game as DLC and be done with it
I mean the same thing goes for the warhammer games so its not out of character

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.