[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 101 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4545.png (1.16 MB, 1737x813)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
The idea is that all players are statesmen (not rulers or generals) of a nation, and they vote on what action to perform every turn (which will take 10 seconds) and compete against other player-led nations.

I intend this game to be complex with a low low-learning curve so it is easy to get into but hard to master, with this complexity I mean it has:
>closed economy (each province has private and public wealth)
>pops with ethnicity and religion, who migrate and revolt
>knights who duel and commands
>governments that function differently
>rulers whose stats impact everything
>forts that protect nations
>barbarians that destroy everything
>it has pie charts.
So, the goal is to make it much more than just a map painter.

Because one setting/map will get tiresome after a while, I intend to make several maps on which players will able to vote every round.

Possible actions include:

>invade a province
>colonize a province
>plunder a province
>fortify a province
>recruit a knight
>assassinate a knight
>collect taxes
>raise taxes
>purge dissidents
>hunt outlaws

Because this game will be for /vst/ (even if nobody ends up playing it), I might as well ask for any suggestions.
>>
>>611051
Fuckload of pie-charts
Its all i want
>>
>>611051
Isn't this just a gamified age of dubs?
>>
>>611051
I'd play it
>>
>>611081
Initially, I wanted to make just a video game of it, but I completed that project within a day grew bored of it, so I developed something else out of it.

Dubs was the definition of a map painter, as the only thing you could do was to conquer provinces with dice roll. With FFTP you can't map-paint randomly, everything cost resources. I.e. in order to conquer a province, you need silver and a knight to lead them, based on the knight's stats, their odds of success varies and they might actually die and fail. And in order to take a fort, your knight needs to slay the enemy knight guarding the fort in addition to winning the assault. This will essentially mean a knight with great stats will be unstoppable, hence it might be beneficial to try assasinating him (which too will cost silver).

Silver itself isn't automatically given, but something you need to spend turn on collecting from the citizen, if you collect too often people will turn into outlaws and start pillaging your provinces, which means you will either have to watch your empire collapse or try hunting them down.
>>
>a browser game for /vst/
>The idea is that all players are statesmen (not rulers or generals) of a nation
So the players, also known as anonymous 4chan posters, will be the parliament? I suggest you do proof of concept first by getting /b/ to count to 10.

>Because one setting/map will get tiresome after a while, I intend to make several maps on which players will able to vote every round.
Consider making a map editor that techlets can use.
>>
>>611173
There is always the fear that some people seek to ruin other people's game by derailing the game plan, but that's democracy meanwhile Baden is undoing all Trump's actions.
>>
>>611051
As the OG DM for Age of Dubs you have my approval, hope this project goes well
>>
>>611130
What tutorial should I follow to create my own mini-strategy game like that?
>>
>>611173
Wait, so this won't be like a room based game where you invite fags to join your room and start the game with like 4 people? You vote with another 10 fags what your nation will do? I think that's actually more fun. This game could be the next town of salem, OP. Host it on a site and jew in some ads, then maybe make a premium thing for skins and such. I could help you with avatars and art if you like
>>
>>611051
I'll expand how pops and economy works for all 0 people who are curious:
>each province has public and private funds
Public represents silver stored by the local magistrates, while private funds are silver owned by residents. Each year turn, every pop province pays one silver from private funds to the provincial public funds (separate from nation funds) , and once public funds reach certain threshold, public funds will be used to increase the pop limit of the province, which will return all the public funds to the private funds. If the province population is less than 10 pop, it will generate a new pop every 20-years, if the pop cap of the province is maxed out, the newly generated pop will migrate to a province within the same kingdom that has room if there is no room they become vagabonds, who will have 20% of chance of dying each year and will kill other pops until.

That all happens on the background without players' doing anything, but that ties to the taxation. Nation has action called "collect taxes", which means every public fund from provinces will pay flat tax (NOT RELATIVE) to the state, another action "increase taxes" increase taxes of specific province. When the enemy invades province they will seize 20% of province's private funds.

This all means that province can run out of private funds, and not only be incapable of producing any taxes and decreasing in population every year until the province becomes abandoned. Reversing the impoverishment of the province must be done by building a fort there, which will move the cost of the fort to the private funds of the province.
>>
>>611247
>You vote with another 10 fags what your nation will do? I think that's actually more fun.
Yes, that is what I thought. You have to make compromises to win when playing with people with different ideas.
>Host it on a site and jew in some ads, then maybe make a premium thing for skins and such. I could help you with avatars and art if you like
At this point I don't intend nor expect to make any profit, I'll be very happy if at least some people find it fun.
>>
keep me posted
>>
>>611276
>for all 0 people who are curious
>9 unique IPs

>if the pop cap of the province is maxed out, the newly generated pop will migrate to a province within the same kingdom that has room if there is no room they become vagabonds, who will have 20% of chance of dying each year and will kill other pops until.
Until what?
Vassal states might be an option. Or, I dunno, prison colonies.

>and not only be incapable of producing any taxes and decreasing in population every year until the province becomes abandoned.
But also...?
>>
>>611461
>9 ips
nigga if OP delivers this won't be /vst/'s game, this will be 4chan's game.
>>
>>611051
This seems like the best idea to ever occur to mankind. I'll follow and play when you finish.
>>
>>611051
>gold domain
>monarchy
plutocracy
>>
>>611461
>Until what?
Until all the province's pop have become vagabonds, which means provinces become uncolonized. Vagabonds are bad, they represent outlaws, bandits, beggar, they will actually kill settled pops every year.

>>611525
I'm trying to give all five government forms a fun bonus to make them seperate, the five governments are:
>monarchy
>theocracy
>republic
>princedom (mix of monarchy and republic)
>military order (mix of theocracy and republic)

Currently, I have only come up with a bonus for military order and republics:
>military orders get two knights from "Recruit a Knight"-command instead of the regular one
>republics are immune to unrest, so you can tax people to space
not sure what modifier/abilities monarchy, princedom and theocracy should have
>>
>>611051
Here is how capital's work:
in Age of Dubs the game would end capital fell, in FFTP I wanted capital remain important but not vital, so I ended up with a compromise.
>every capital must 2 or 3 fort level
>once capital falls, if the nation has another 2 or 3 level fort, the capital will auto-relocate to there
>otherwise, the invader will annex all the territories of the nation
Capturing capital is much harder than regular 3-level fort, because, during the capital assault, the enemy knight needs to slay all the defending knights (of which there can be max 6), while non-capital forts only require defeating one randomly selected knight
>>
>>611051
This looks inspired by those paint map editing game threads from a while back.
>>
>>611231
did tranny janny delete those age of dubs threads?
>>
File: 54.png (92 KB, 828x270)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>612231
Map is a remake of 2nd edition Age of Dubs.

I need some ideas for knights. So knights are randomly generated commanders whose stats determine success of operation, while prudence determines the odds of surviving failed operation.
>>
>>612235
Nah. The jannies were fine with it.
>>
>>611991
>>otherwise, the invader will annex all the territories of the nation
Gay. Make the ones the invader hasn't conquered go neutral.
>>
>>612285
Why? There isn't neutral provinces per say, the grey provinces are uncolonized provinces that have barbarians. Each settled province has pops and I'm reluctant to relocate all the pops.

Why shouldn't capturing a capital be rewarding?
>>
>>611051
Here is how exclaves work btw:
>all provinces need to connect to the capital either land or sea
>if nation A is able cut-off B's line of communication area, it will defect to A, even if it has forts
>>
>>612293
>Why?
Because in history people kept fighting all the damn time even after their capitals and/or rulers were taken.

>There isn't neutral provinces per say, the grey provinces are uncolonized provinces that have barbarians.
That's what I expect, essentially. Local warlords seizing an opportunity when the ruler goes down.

>Why shouldn't capturing a capital be rewarding?
You get the silver and whatever else it has.
>>
>>612235
jannies seemed to be fine with it, they just died off once the game reached the end. I have them all saved too, maybe I'll do something with them who knows
>>
>>612327
>Because in history people kept fighting all the damn time even after their capitals and/or rulers were taken.
I don't think that'll be a problem because capturing capitals will be very difficult, and will probably require many turns of build-up.
When coastal capital assaulted it has succeed all phases:
>1. naval battle
In order to assault a coastal fort, nation needs at least one ship. In the first phase, attacker's ships will fight with defender's ships. EACH INVIDUAL ship will roll a dice against other ships, one who gets better roll will sink the other ships, thus 3 lucky ships can potentially defeat 6 ships. when other side runs out of ships the sea battle will end, if attacker won the assault continues to next phase, if defender won the assault is aborted.
Nation can spend a turn building 5 ships that will expire in 20 years, thus max ship number is 100.
>2. knight battle
The randomly picked knight that commands attacker's army will duel against ALL defender's knights. Unlike ship battle it has less RNG, instead knight with better skill will automatically slay lower skilled knights, if they have the same skill they will flip a coin.
One knight can be recruited per turn.
>3. land assault
When the defender has ran out of knights and ships, the commanding knight will order an assault to the castle, based on his military skill, odds of success range from 8% to 50%.

Note that even assaults are expensive, and attacker will eventually run out silver if they repeatedly fail, forcing them to collect taxes, allowing the defender time rebuild fleet and knights.
>>
File: 458.png (559 KB, 737x560)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
Added colonizable islands, these should offer interesting bases for collapsing nations because they are only adjacent to the capital provinces they are easy to defend.
>>
how many players? and how long would you imagine each game would take?
>>
>>612786
>how many players?
Any number of players, there will be a team of statesmen for each nation, and those teams can have any number of players and they can join any time during a game, I'm also developing rudimentary AI that can at ling to life, in case some nation runs out of players.
>and how long would you imagine each game would take?
That is an interesting question because one turn will always take 10 seconds, I believe one of the nations will be eliminated within 2 minutes, third nation will probably die within 10 minutes, and 3rd nation will probably be conquered within 30 minutes or 180 turns ending the game. Let me know if that sounds too long for a round, if it is too long I could allow multiple actions per turn. I'm trying to make a game in which event one province minor can with make a comeback with of luck and strategy.
>>
>>612805
The what, how would you get 10 randoms to agree on something with 10 second turns.
>>
>>612933
That'll be fun of it, you have to make a compromise and pick the least bad option even if it isn't ideal.
Like if your team of 10, 9 people cast different actions, you can decide which action will be played by voting one of them, because the relative majority will win. If you too cast a different suggestion one of the suggestions will be randomly picked.
>>
>>612955
it'd be fun to test out different voting systems to see how well they play out
>everyone has 1 vote on what action to do, plurality wins, random tiebreaker
>everyone has 1 vote, runoff vote(s) in event of a tie breaker, then random tie breaker if final runoff still has a tie
>ranked choice voting with X many options
>approval voting with X many options
>>
>>611173
>I suggest you do proof of concept first by getting /b/ to count to 10.
imagine, competitive 1-to-10 counting
also with shit like transformice, amogus or cursor.io where retarded group dynamics are fun I don't see why OP's wouldn't be
issue is for how long though, aiming for potential complexity might just frustrate players that want to dig into the "hard to master" part but can't because of retards
>>
>>612982
Would it help if there was additional ban-voting?
Like team-members can "shun" one of their team-members and if a team-member receives 5 shuns, they are "exiled" from the nation.
>>
>>612995
>issue is for how long though, aiming for potential complexity might just frustrate players that want to dig into the "hard to master" part but can't because of retards
Here is an example of the complexity
>Green team is dominated by newbies who didn't read the info page
>Gold team is led by veterans
>Green team thinks they can annex Gold within just three turns
>they spend their turn invading, 25 and 24, and the assault Gold's capital
>what they didn't understand was that Gold spend the previous two turns buildings ships, so they have 15 ships and Green 5
>this means that when Green assaults the Gold's capital their 5 ships will sink and assault will become impossible as long as Gold has more ships
>if Green had been smart they would have at least tried burning the ships before assaulting
>now, because Green has spent all their initial silver on this failed blitzkrieg, Gold is actually in better position
>within the next five turns Gold has good odds of retaking their provinces and capturing Green's capital because they have the ships to support assaults on coastal forts
>>
>>612338
Post links.
>>
File: 344.gif (379 KB, 737x560)
379 KB
379 KB GIF
in order to finance conquest silver is needed, which can be accumulated by collecting taxes or pillaging other provinces
>>
>>611051
>Possible actions include:
>>invade a province
>>colonize a province
>>plunder a province
>>fortify a province
>>recruit a knight
>>assassinate a knight
>>collect taxes
>>raise taxes
>>purge dissidents
>>hunt outlaws
needs to be simpler desu. think of games like diplomacy which have very few actual moves but they interact well to make an entertaining game
>>
pls continue
>>
File: 5454.png (22 KB, 134x147)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>614899
I feel like I have to start cutting out of ideas because at this point I'm not getting any closer to release, then again lackluster launch might result in dead on arrival.
I'll be cutting:
>monarch mechanic
>pirate mechanic
>diplomacy mechanic

Here is my todo list:
>make GUI acceptable
>impliment ships
>impliment knights
>impliment assassination and ship burning
>impliment vagabonds
>get server working (I'm thinking node.js on heroku)
>beta test with help from /g/
>>
>>615462
Shill me your site or something.
>>
>>617594
The site will have a responsive layout and made of two pages the game page and info pages that explain all the game's mechanics.
I'm kinda torn if I should put google ads there or if I should go with donation button.
>>
>>618100
Dunno, but you should let us know where to find it now, in case thread dies.
>>
>>618832
There is no online version as of yet or a while, if there was I would have already posted it. I shall make a new thread when I'm ready.
>>
File: 3456.png (70 KB, 802x189)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>
this sounds like a mix of slay and vicky. im down
>>
>>619416
Slay?
>>
File: slay1.png (22 KB, 600x295)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>619419
pic rel
https://youtu.be/uNnjNcKQNp4
>>
File: prog.jpg (195 KB, 429x675)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
I can't draw for shit, but I feel like these settlement progression images better than nothing. Maybe I'll end up making pre-rendered CGI images in the fututre.
>>
>>611051
this game used to be good
>>
>>611051
the fuck is that gay ass name? hahahahaha
>>
>>620916
It is a reference to The Prince in which in which Machiavelli keeps going on about the fortune of the princes, I intended to draw several core designs from his book
I also like the acronym FFTP
>>
>>620924
>princeps fortune
<the lucky princess
You like dick in the ass
>>
>>620955
shut up
>>
File: transitioning_wojak.png (102 KB, 322x368)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>621160
lmaooo faggottt srsly though I'm developing a browser rts too wanna discord / talk game dev or something?
>>
>>611051
I will gladly serve /vst/ as a statesman
>>
There'll be quite a few anti-blobbing mechanics so that ideally even city-state has a chance of making a comeback.
I.e. Red invades Blue's province,
>if this province has only 1 pop it will surrender to Red no matter what
>otherwise, the next move is determined by the culture of pops
>if one of the pop has Blue-culture, it means they will fight for their nation and have a chance of repelling Red's attack
>however if they all non-Red-culture people it means that province will surrender without a fight
This means that retaking core-territory is easy, while conquering foreign province is hard.
>>
I'm interested.
>>
>>623333
Well, I appreciate people bumping my thread.
>>
>>611051
Bump, sounds interesting and I hope things go well for you.
>>
i like the look of this a lot, i have always wanted to play browser games with random anons but have never found one i actually enjoy
>>
File: 1602098838285.png (1.12 MB, 1960x1488)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>611051
Reminds me of the BT map.
Why not make it Battletech themed? It fits all your requirements thematically and mechanically, Plus who doesn't like space at&t, lords, knightly mechs and space fiefdoms.
What's the target est. time of play? I used to play a lot of old browser strategy like Tribal wars etc but they all cucked free players with freemium and terrible business models.
>>
>>623620
>Why not make it Battletech themed?
Because there are 10000 space-themed strategy games, and I'm not interested in the space theme.

>What's the target est. time of play?
As said here >>612805 probably 30 minutes per round, but that's a rough guess.
>>
>>623633
>I'm not interested in the space theme.
Yes but medieval dark ages spaec, anon.
I appreciate your commitment to being free. Don't listen to these faggots telling you to charge for skins, they are crack addicts and don't even know it.
>>
>>623640
>Yes but medieval dark ages spaec, anon.
still space
>I appreciate your commitment to being free. Don't listen to these faggots telling you to charge for skins, they are crack addicts and don't even know it.
Yes, I'm certainly not going to do a freemium
>>
File: 1593767544509.gif (1.02 MB, 500x280)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>>623682
It was worth a try
>>
>>611959
>monarchy; build forts at 50% silver cost
>theocracy; can annex a neutral tile as a free action every turn
>republic; can build forts as a free action but still 100% silver cost. Forts increase odds to eliminate brigands in adjacted provinces by 20% per year (so total of 40%)
>>
>>623798
I like the idea of decreasing cost. But I'm a bit reluctant about "free" actions, seem like they would derail the balance.
>>
File: 5445.png (676 KB, 700x687)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
I have reached an interesting development. Basically, the inclusion of unrest and economy made it so the game has gone to a stalemate and lasted 1701 turns.
Basically:
>in order to get tax from a province it needs to have a fort or unrest below 50%
>taxing gives +3 unrest, and every turn decreases it by -1
>which means repeatedly taxing will diminish your taxes
>but the forts are expensive and require constant taxation
So, the AI has found a loophole, in which they make a majority of their territory for fortified, which majority will still pay tax, but they have to spend 75% of their taxes on maintenance, which means to it takes AI 10 years to save up enough money for an invasion of a province, and because their enemy has 3 level fort it only has 25% of succeeding, so AI ends up spending 50 years in conquering a province

I feel this fairly realistic, because many empires ended up spending most of their money on forts.

I guess I should tell AI to demolish conquered forts, but this doesn't really prevent players from abusing it...
>>
File: 54453.png (35 KB, 256x168)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
I think I'll use socket.io
>>
>>611051
Add buildings like farms and manufacturing retard
>>
>>626056
Well, it is supposed to medieval themed, so not sure about manufacturing, and farms are themselves represented locals.
But some buildings like mines that provide independent revenue from the pops might be good.
>>
bag alert major bag alert
>>
File: 5454.png (106 KB, 839x197)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
I got migration mechanic working
>>
>>626120
by manufacturing i mean anything that happens in a city and that produces something

if that isnt good enough make more trade stuff like trade routes
>>
>>627128
I mean, having more strategic resources like:
>grain
>wood
>iron
>stone
>wool
Might be interesting.
I'm thinking every province should naturally store certain resources, and when needed them for action you auto-buy them from a province and the distance of the the province from capital adds to the cost so if your only stone producing province is 10 provinces away, it is going to be super expensive to build a fort.
But that might be too autistic...
>>
File: 545.png (79 KB, 652x241)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Putting a focus on tall than wide is turning out great.
From pic related we see that Blue and Red have the same population, and nearly the same number of provinces, but yet Red is earning over twice as much as Blue, because tax isn't based on pop but settlement level, which is based on private wealth of the citizen, thus Red has more developed settlements while Blue is undeveloped shithole nation where people are unable to pay proper tax.
>>
can you execute all players of a certain category?
like kill all roasties or niggers and such?
>>
>>629278
Of your own team? um... Maybe in the future, but not on launch.
>>
is there going to be any sort of simulation of terrain? how are seas and mountains and such going to work?
>>
>>629502
On launch, there will be inland and coastal provinces, coastal provinces are special in that coastal forts can be defended with ships and are not lost if exclaved, unlike inland province.
What would want from terrain and sea?
>>
>>629538
will you divide the pops into roles such as soldiers,farmers and labourers?
i still dont understand how the combat works
>>
>>629567
>will you divide the pops into roles such as soldiers, farmers and labourers?
On launch, pops will only have the attributes of culture and religion. In later post-launch, I might create a caste system of serfs, freemen, nobles, but not occupation-based.

>i still dont understand how the combat works
It is a fairly abstract and simple system.
Basically, there is no manpower or anything like that.
Attack operations are carried out by abstract mercenaries, and there different types of attack with different odds of success and cost. The three are:
>liberation
If a fortress province has a pop of your culture, you can liberate it by spending 50 silver, it has 100% chance of success, but you can't liberate it if the province has another pop that is loyal to the current owner.
>invasion
If the province has no fort, it can be invaded by spending 100 silver. If the province has enemy loyalist pops (and at least 2 pops), they will attempt to fight back your mercenaries, so the result will be dice roll with 50% to 80% (based on your knight's skill level) chance of success. If you win the the pop will be killed.
>assault
If the province has a fort it must be assaulted, assaults will cost 200 silver. Assaults have two stages (three if coastal), during the first phase your knight will fight the defender's knight, both have stats from 1 to 6, one with higher skill will win, if same dice roll. Secon phase is similar to the invasion battle aforementioned.
The idea of knight battles is that even losing nation can have a great knight that prevents the enemy from winning. Knight themselves can be summoned every turn, and enemy knights can be assassinated.
Thus if the enemy gets a 6-knights and is heading towards your fort, it might advisable to try assassinating the knight.

Does that sound complex?
>>
File: 4554.jpg (867 KB, 1717x935)
867 KB
867 KB JPG
Here is how basic GUI works:
>1. press one of the action buttons
>it will circle all provinces in which said action can be performed
>2. select one of these circles to target the province
>3. press PROPOSE MOTION to send your proposal for the turn

I initially wanted do the text based command thing, but people on /g/ told me I should avoid that. I guess this better.
>>
>>611191
>Baden is undoing all Trump's actions.
good. Trump's policies were retarded
>>
>>629989
Looking good mate. I look forward to when you start play testing. Are you still thinking about the gov bonuses? Here are some more ideas;
>theocracy - better at Converting pops to their culture
>sultanate - less unrest from tax collection
>monarchy - cheaper fortifications
>republic - reduced maintenance cost
>oligarchy - automatically win knight fights in a stalemate
>>
>>630269
>theocracy - better at Converting pops to their culture
Just now I was thinking what I was gonna do with religion itself. So I came up with this:
>each religion has a church
>each pop pays 4 taxes the local public treasury and 1 tax to their religion's church
>all pops pay religious tax no matter what nation they are part of so. So broader religions mean more tax.
The churches will then use their vast wealth to convert fo foreign pops to their religion, meanwhile states can collect a church tax which seizes 20% of church's wealth. Thus if church is over taxed religion won't spread and there will dimishing returns. Furthermore churches will continue operating even after nation related to them has fallen.

>Theocracies's will be to be able tax 50% church tax
>Monarchies get -25% for construction buff and -40% fort maintenance
>Republic get no unrest
>Military orders get 2 knights summoning a knight, max 10 knights instead of 5
>princedoms get -50% from intrique action such as knight assassination and burning fleets

>>oligarchy - automatically win knight fights in a stalemate
That might be really overpowered because the only way the get past them then would be to assassinate or wait for the knight to expire.
>>
This seems very cool. When do you think it will be up for testing?
>>
>>630364
Probably not before the end of this month, I still have a lot of cram exams.
>>
>>630269
what about dictatorships
>>
>>630519
I dont want to glorify fascism or allow people to live out some right wing fantasy, so they won't be added.
>>
>>630873
facism =!= dictatorship
You might as well have a fascist monarchy or facist democracy, regardless princedom is essentially dictatorship.
>>
>>630873
will we be able to mod the game once its out?
also
>glorify fascism
>allow people to live out some right wing fantasy
bro you are making a game for /vst/ autists to LARP online
>>
File: 3443.png (896 KB, 815x820)
896 KB
896 KB PNG
>>630922
Btw that guy isn't me, it is a larper.

>will we be able to mod the game once its out?
I guess that depends on what you mean by modding. It is node.js, and I will share the source code, but I will not licence the commercial sale of modified version (I forgot what that licenced was called). So you should be able to put up your own server and make your own version.

If by modding you mean non-javascript coding, map-making and stuff, I have already developed some browser tools to help me, but they aren't implicit and most stuff needs javascript and JSON.
I could make a more expanded editor after launch.
>>
>>629538
i was thinking stuff like impassable mountains, or each province having some terrain that modifies things like defensiveness or how much pops want to move there
>>
>>630969
The current map as you see has 49 provinces, it doesn't have a need for impassable wasteland because it already has lakes the lakes.

The thing with terrain is that I don't want to have paradox-like one terrain shit, I want to have deforestation mechanic alongside, which would to the resources mechanics.
>>
>>630959
>Btw that guy isn't me, it is a larper.
get a name or a tripcode

>If by modding you mean non-javascript coding, map-making and stuff, I have already developed some browser tools to help me, but they aren't implicit

will you ever develop the ability to make implicit maps? or will you add more maps to the game?
>>
>>631228
>will you ever develop the ability to make implicit maps
Most likely.

>or will you add more maps to the game?
I'm most certainly intending to add more maps after launch. I'm thinking more historic maps like Heptarchy, Tetrarchy, Frankocratia
>>
File: 554.png (158 KB, 609x438)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
Took two days to do Church mechanics...
Basically, each state has its own church, and the church gets special tax from all adherents, they will then use the money to either send missionaries to convert infidels or build a temple in a parish province.
Temples are shields, as in if a foreign missionary comes to a province with a temple he will burn the temple and die in progress. If two missionaries meet they will kill each other.
Missionaries perform a 10-year mission during which they have a chance of converting 1 pop per turn.
Missionaries will donate part of their budget to the locals and disband once they run out of money.
>>
k, keep me posted
>>
File: 4376.png (16 KB, 89x319)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
I think I'll release a single-player version for testing before the multiplayer, because it is faster and might provide some insightful feedback
>>
>>634118
Please do.
>>
>>611051
why not a board game like settler of catan
>>
File: 545.jpg (751 KB, 1744x925)
751 KB
751 KB JPG
Single-player release!

https://fortune-for-the-princes.herokuapp.com/

Note that vagabonds and ships are still unimplemented despite the buttons being there, so it is very WAI.

So, here is how you play:
>go to the court tab and select a court to join
>then select action button, it will show you the cost and name of the action
>then some actions require selection of target, basically, most targets are provinces, only knight assassination requires you to go to the (knight tab and select a target from there)
>then just press the PROPOSE MOTION button to carry out your turn
>turn order is randomized every turn, and if somebody's move might invalidate your action
>all actions are validated every turn so some button will be locked
>you will eventually run out of money, which is why you can choose to raise money by selecting one of the red buttons

There are quite many mechanics that I have rambled about previously and I will make a more detailed guide in the future, but explore for now.
>>
the graphics are bad
>>
>>635537
There were some bug-related GUI and player turns, but they should be now fixed.

>>635548
Not helpful criticism.
>>
>>635537
Thanks, will test it out when I have some time.
>>
File: gametest1.png (66 KB, 681x136)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>635537
i have to decrease my zoom to 80% to click the propose motion button
>>
>>636354
That must be Chrome? I playtested this on Firefox, and in Firefox no matter what resolution the button is visible.
I think the issue is that I never gave inputs a default height. So, apparently, Chrome and Firefox have different default heights, Chrome's being bigger than Firefox, leading to the hiding of button.
>>
>>636366
I am playing on Firefox latest version
>>
>>636399
and this is non-mobile? and it still shows with 0.0.4?
>>
why do my assault on castles always fail?
>>636404
it's fine now
>>
>>636409
>why do my assault on castles always fail?
Depends on what the message says.
If your knight lost to an enemy knight it means that the enemy knight has a higher defense than your guy's attack, which means you either need to murder him or recruit a better knight.

If it says garrison repelled the assault it means you lost a roll.
You roll a dice from 0 to 5, and your roll needs to be higher than the fort level, so if the fort is level 3 you have 40% chance of winning, for 2 fort 60% and for level 1 80%
>>
are pops supposed to be static?
>>
File: gametest2.png (774 KB, 1323x567)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
i cant attack blue for some reason?
>>
>>636564
oh wait i am retarded sorry you have to press the liberate button
>>
>>636554
No, they are not static. Every 10-years there is a POP.size/10 chance for pop growth, this means that 1 pop has 10% of growing and more than 10 pop has a 100% chance of growing.

Every time you pillage or invade a province with a pop of the owner's culture, you kill that pop, hence the border region usually has only 1 pop.

You can't kill the last pop of the province and it won't resist an invasion.

Each settlement also pop cap which is:
>lvl. 1: 5
>lvl. 2: 10
>lvl. 3: 25
>lvl. 4: 50

If the pop cap is reached, the new pop will move to another province within the state, but if there is no room they disappear (this will become a vagabond in future versions).

Settlements themselves auto-upgrade incrementally.
Each year every pop moves ×4 private silver to the public treasury of the province. And if they reach an incremental upgrade cap, they will buy a part of the upgrade. When they have bought all the upgrades the province will update to the the next level.

For example, LVL 1 settlement's upgrade cap is 25 silver and they need 40 upgrades. The upgrade cap itself is hidden for now.

TL;dr pops will upgrade their settlement as long as they have silver, if their private silver is pillaged or taxed, their progress is halted. They get more silver from most of your actions. For this reason, fortified settlements usually more settlement growth than the rest of your provinces.
>>
File: gametest3.png (389 KB, 583x443)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
I have cut the yellow army off, why isnt the territory given to me?
>>
File: gametest4.png (841 KB, 1366x643)
841 KB
841 KB PNG
is there a cap for what i can pillage?
otherwise why cant i pillage 11 or 25 or any other?
>>
>>636606
Exclave rule only applies to landlocked parts, Gold's 25 and 39 are port provinces, so the rule doesn't apply

>>636611
You can only pillage provinces that have at least 100 private silver. Your pillage loot is 50% from province's private silver, and your pillage cost is 25 silver, so if you were pillage province with say 70 private silver you would only net (70*0.5)-25 = 10 silver.
With the 100 silver cap it means, every pillage will net you at least 25 silver.
>>
I feel like a brainlet, since every time I make any sort of progress with my conquest I just get cucked out of my victory because the blues or the yellows just start attacking my core territories. I tried building forts but they just dissapear after a while. Not to mention that every single time I've assaulted a fort I've ended up loosing a knight.
>>
>>636712
>I feel like a brainlet, since every time I make any sort of progress with my conquest I just get cucked out of my victory because the blues or the yellows just start attacking my core territories
For a failed offensive to result in a defensive position is only natural. The good thing about defending your core territory is that it is easier and cheaper, because liberation is only 50 silver, as an opposed to the invasion of 100 silver.
>I tried building forts but they just disappear after a while
There are multi ways for forts to disappear, if unrest reaches 100% the people will destroy a fort, but at the moment the unrest is pretty nerfed and shouldn't reach 100% unless you tax your people every turn.
More common ways for forts to the destroyed is if you run out of money by the beginning of turn.
From the ledger, you can see your expenses (exp.) every turn you you should have at least that much silver, otherwise a fort-level is destroyed for every fort you cannot pay for.

>Not to mention that every single time I've assaulted a fort I've ended up losing a knight.
Knight battles aren't random but determined by skill level. Your knight's attack skill should be higher or equal (in which case there a coin toss) to the enemy knight's defense.
You can see the knights from KNIGHTS-tab.
If your knight has a lower attack, you can try recruiting a better knight or assassinating the enemy knight, note that the max skill is 12-so the enemy knight has above 10 defence you might consider murdering them.

Note that when you do assault, your assaulting knight is picked randomly, so if you have two shit knights and one good knight, your enemy might still win the knight battle.
>>
what is barbarian power?
>>
>>636773
Every turn, if there are uncolonized provinces barbarian power is increased by 5%, and every colonization decreases it by 20%. When barbarian power reaches 100%, the barbarians are going to invade and uncolonized one province next 5 years.

The number below the percentage is the barbarian loot. The nation that colonizes the last province gets 20% of the loot while 80% of that is distributed to the state's provinces (helping them to develop).

So, if you ignore the uncolonized provinces long enough you barbarians will punish you, but if you are the colonizer of the last province you will be rewarded with silver.
>>
>>636749
Thanks, is there a guide somwhere that can help me get a grasp of the game a bit easier ?
>>
>>636749
>if unrest reaches 100% the people will destroy a fort
>but at the moment the unrest is pretty nerfed and shouldn't reach 100% unless you tax your people every turn.

i dont know if im just retarded at the game but i think you should add more ways to make money to not resort to taxation once you cant pillage enough provinces to make an invasion
>>
>>636749
I really think you ought to consider fading out the proposals that are currently invalid (can't be afforded), as well as to disable or cross out those that are completely non-functioning. Showing your currently available silver clearly at all times would also be nice.
>>
>>636918
the ledger shows how much silver you have and how much silver others have
>>
>>636918
To continue a bit, showing the result over the territory would be a nice UX feature as well; for instance, just showing the silver to be gained by pillaging a territory when you click the pillage option, showing the silver cost to invade/liberate a territory when you select those options.
>>
>>636813
here is a very rough guide I just wrote:
https://fortune-for-the-princes.herokuapp.com/info

>>636883
I mean in addition of collecting tax and pillaging you can also tax your church, which takes 25% of their earning (50% if you are a theocracy).

As a part of the resource system, I'm thinking a 4th way to earn money, which would be to sell your resources to off-map nations.
>>
>>636924
Is it currently impossible to capture an enemy capital?
>>
>>636918
>I really think you ought to consider fading out the proposals that are currently invalid (can't be afforded)
That technically already works, but there is an oversight because fort maintenance is taxed before the proposal is carried out. So if your fort maintenance is 5 and you have 100 silver, and your action costs 100, it means that 5 silver is deducted first and then the motion is invalidated because you only have 95 silver left. I'll make it so that actions will be greyout only if you can afford them after fort deduction.

>as well as to disable or cross out those that are completely non-functioning
They aren't? Navy buttons are disabled.

> just showing the silver to be gained by pillaging a territory when you click the pillage option, showing the silver cost to invade/liberate a territory when you select those options.
That is already in, when you select pillage and click to different targets you can see the silver changing.

>>636967
no, it is not, did you make sure your knight has better attack skill? if he did, even with level 3 forts there is a 60% chance to lose the garrison fight phase
>>
File: silver.png (1.73 MB, 1920x937)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>637024
>That is already in, when you select pillage and click to different targets you can see the silver changing.
I mean literally on the map, like pic related. It would also be good to show the silver cost/gain from any currently selected action on the provinces if applicable. I know it's an alpha/beta, but your UI design is really mediocre to bad. You can see your current silver, but it's among a list of other numbers that aren't half as important. It should always be visible somewhere prominent on the screen. If the buttons currently have an unselectable state, it's not nearly clear enough for me to notice. An effect more like the Attack proposal icon in my picture would be more clear. Before reading the guide, I got stuck for a bit upon losing my Knight, and while I figured it out, and later noticed that the log mentions how you need a Knight, I don't think that's clear enough to a new player, who probably won't read the manual.
>>
File: 554.png (1.42 MB, 1746x925)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>637094
Thank you, that's a very good critique, 0.0.5 should now address all those, except I still didn't get around blocking actions that will go over budget.

>I know it's an alpha/beta, but your UI design is really mediocre to bad.
That's perfectly valid, I'm struggling kinda struggling to get everything to fit.

>Before reading the guide, I got stuck for a bit upon losing my Knight, and while I figured it out, and later noticed that the log mentions how you need a Knight, I don't think that's clear enough to a new player, who probably won't read the manual.
I mean, I don't want to baby the player by blocking them from making bad decisions, and it might be strategic way to get your bad knight, until and if I add action to exile your knights.
>>
>>637207
It's a lot nicer to play with those changes. Is it worth building forts? I tried one game of building forts on all border territories, but it becomes a major problem when an enemy with a superior knight captures one. It also seems really odd to have six forts suddenly vanish in one turn when the treasury accidentally hits zero. Not sure of the solution to that. Is there a roadmap or some other game design doc you have?
>>
>>637414
he should really try to fix the forts, it is not viable to have them when they get destroyed at every turn
>>
Is it possible to increase settlement level somehow ?
>>
>>637917
stop taxing your people and wait a decade
>>
>>611051
OP I don't know half of what I'm doing but I love this game
>>
>>637862
They only vanish when you end the turn with zero silver in the treasury. Perhaps instead he could make it so that they just lose their effectiveness for that turn, so any calculations treat the territory as not having a fort, until the next turn that you can afford to pay the maintenance on it, which could also accumulate. (First turn not paying: 5 silver, second 10, 15, 20, etc(?))
>>
>>637961
just like real life
>>
>>637414
>Is it worth building forts?
I like to think so, note that the cost of building a fort is only 50% of the cost of assaulting a castle. So, if nothing else you are making the conquest of your enemy expensive.

>but it becomes a major problem when an enemy with a superior knight captures on
Maybe you want to try assassinating them.

>It also seems really odd to have six forts suddenly vanish in one turn when the treasury accidentally hits zero. Not sure of the solution to that.

This game has a circular economy meaning in beginning all provinces, nations, churches, barbarians, missionaries, etc have total of 14000 silver, no matter what happens in the game that number remains the same, the currency just changes hands. This means hoarding a lot silver becomes more difficult the more you hoard. Everything goes to something, when you pay for invasion the 100 silver you paid is distributed evenly to your provinces's local economies (and something you can collect back in taxes), so do the fort, fort maintenance cost is 5 silver, thus every fort level gives the local province 5 silver. There is no room for room for debt, everything needs to come from something, that is why your forts gets auto destroyed when you can't pay for them.

For yes, I could make a warning about you being unable to pay the bill next turn.

>Is there a roadmap or some other game design doc you have?

No, I guess should make one, but I'm something of a "gardener". Ships and vagabonds are next things that I should add, and eventually the multi-player.

>>637917

I guess I could give you the option pay the upgrade cost of an individual settlement, but it would be very expensive, upgrading from 1 to 2 costs 1000 silver and from 2 to 3, 2 000.

>>638010
read the guide if you want to know:
https://fortune-for-the-princes.herokuapp.com/info
>>
>>638013
At the moment forts are not very complex, I don't know if they should be. Regardless this is a bigger issue than I thought, because fort maintenance is calculated before your motion is passed it means that even if you collected taxes fort would have been demolished before. So this actually forces the player to make sure they have enough funds for two turns before.

I guess I should make it so that motion is carried out first.
>>
>>638063
I hadn't noticed the circular economy, but that's interesting. You said "in the beginning"; does that change over time? Is there some way to inject wealth into the world? (Do you plan to add one if there isn't?)
>>
>>638068
>You said "in the beginning"; does that change over time?
no, it is in the beginning and in the end.

>Is there some way to inject wealth into the world? (Do you plan to add one if there isn't?)
No, I plan to keep it it circular. But I might add similar things like the barbarian wealth, like the afro mentioned external nations who can buy resources from you. But this external nation would too only have a limited budget.
>>
>>638083
That seems like a bit of an odd choice, since there has been lots of economic growth over the course of history, but okay. With regards to knights, what are the rules for which one gets picked to be in a fight? Is it completely random, or is it the one with the best stat for a particular circumstance? (Best defensive knight in defense, best offensive on the offense)
>>
>>638093
>That seems like a bit of an odd choice, since there has been lots of economic growth over the course of history, but okay.
When you print more money, the value of existing money inflates, but all the money combined given any time is still worth the same. In all other strategy games I know, you can just print more money with no inflation. So there are only two choices to avoid it, either make an inflation mechanic or circular economy. An inflation mechanic would be autistic and messy as fuck, so I choose to go with a circular economy.

>With regards to knights, what are the rules for which one gets picked to be in a fight? Is it completely random

Yes, it is random for both, I have been thinking if assaults should be led by the best attack-guy, trying to balance randomness with automatization is tough.

Something I didn't yet implement but I'm meant to be that, capital would be defended by ALL your knights from oldest to youngest.
>>
>>638118
I'm not talking about printing money out of nothing. Mining, manufacturing, improvements in farming techniques, population growth, infrastructure; all of these are real economic growth. You can't seriously tell me you believe that the amount of wealth in the world is the same as it was two thousand years ago. It's fine if you want to keep the simulation limited to a certain level, but the real world isn't circulatory in such a restricted way.
>>
>>637961
But anon, how am I supposed to fund my conquests and colonial ventures ? The war machine isn't gonna start itself y'know.
>>638063
Well now knowing that I don't think it's neccessary anymore, aside from doing it maybe for the different government types ?
Also how hard would it be to add some flavour to the government types ? Like, for a example, changing knight for a marshall in republics or a grandmaster in case of military orders ?
>>
>>638127
I'm not an economic historian by any means, but I do believe every time when you add water to salt it dilutes, currency is only as valuable as people value it at, even if you find more resources. You can't have economic growth without some other area suffering economic decline for example at the moment Asian laborers benefitting from economic growth while the European/American middle class is suffering economic decline.

>Mining, manufacturing, improvements in farming techniques, population growth, infrastructure; all of these are real economic growth
During the medieval period, knights hoarded most of the wealth, during the late medieval period things you said helped to reclaim wealth to more people, but I believe the relative value was the same.

>You can't seriously tell me you believe that the amount of wealth in the world is the same as it was two thousand years ago.
It really complex thing, you can't really asset things from that way back, but do I believe that if you account for all chattel and immovable property it would have been the same. Again not an economic.

>>638201
>But anon, how am I supposed to fund my conquests and colonial ventures ?
Pillage and tax the church.

>Well now knowing that I don't think it's neccessary anymore, aside from doing it maybe for the different government types ?
What isn't worth it? The forts? Should buff them?

>Also how hard would it be to add some flavour to the government types ? Like, for a example, changing knight for a marshall in republics or a grandmaster in case of military orders ?
I mean, even republics and bishoprics still used knights. I was gonna give every nation a ruler with different title, but I couldn't come up with a way to make them matter, maybe they should have different stats that impact costs and stuff?
>>
>>638255
>What isn't worth it? The forts? Should buff them?
I was thinking about upgrading the land, but that could tie into
>maybe they should have different stats that impact costs and stuff?
Infrastructure upgrades cost more for something like a republic but a republic can tax out more money out of it's citizens ?
Monarchy can just upgrade whenever they want but they get less taxes due to feudalism ?
Military orders have cheaper invasion, assault and gain more money out of pillaging ?
Religious orders get more money out of church taxes and also have their religion influence spread out faster ?
>>
looks really cool OP, let us know if you open source it, maybe i can drop you some small PRs in the future

also i know you probably don't plan to anyway, but please don't put ads, they do more harm than good unless you have tens of thousands of users
>>
>>638265
>I was thinking about upgrading the land, but that could tie into
I mean, could be hybrid, because they independently upgrade it. So, eventually they are gonna reach point where they only need 200 silver to upgrade and you could give it to them, or let them take 20 turns to pay for it themselves.

>Infrastructure upgrades cost more for something like a republic but a republic can tax out more money out of it's citizens ?
I meant for leaders, 0.0.6 has different bonuses for different governments which are:

>monarchies: 20% cheaper for construction
>military orders: can recruit max 8 knights instead 6
>republic: people will pay taxes until 100% unrest as opposed to 50%
>theoracies: get 50% of church taxes instead of 25%
>princedoms: get 50% off from murdering knights
>>
0.0.6 should now prevent the player from making moves that would result in the destruction of their own castles due to inability to pay, so there should be less fort destruction, because knight rule seemed to problem for many, I added a warning for it
>>
>>638651
maybe give the player a warning before passing the turn

>this action will result in you losing a fort, are you sure?

or

>this will decrease stability, are you sure?
i think it would be useful
>>
>>638201
>But anon, how am I supposed to fund my conquests and colonial ventures ?

print more money
>>
>>640162
There is already a message it is:
>YOU are running out of silver, and some of your forts will be destroyed unless more silver is acquired

Also, 0.0.7 is now released, it introduces the ability to cut wood and sell it to the Trade League, which the first step to the trade and resource system.
I was meant to include ships in this patch but I ran out of time.
>>
File: gametest5.png (379 KB, 580x449)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
AI finally managed to take down a faction
>>
File: gametest6.png (373 KB, 581x444)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
I finally managed to take down the reds, you should have added
>During assault, the best and oldest knight is chosen for the mission, instead of randomly picked
sooner because it is really useful
>>
File: gametest7.png (694 KB, 1366x508)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
now i will just wait and see how much the population can grow before i end the game
>>
File: gametest8.png (799 KB, 1356x641)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
The AI keeps recruiting knights after i destroy them
>>
File: gametest10.png (797 KB, 1363x634)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
1 million pops
also my capital changed at its this multiethnic and multireligious salad somehow
>>
>>611051
thank you for developing a game for us
>>
>>640287
spoiler: max pop for max settlement is 50 pops so with 46 provinces it should be technically possible to have 2.3 million pops, but in practice that is an impossibility because everybody

>>640303
doesn't have enough wealth to keep upgrading their settlements.

Anyhow, what did you think of the trade system? Did it make the game too easy?

For 0.0.8 there will be ships, you need ships to take coastal forts. You will be able to build your own ships with wood, or buy them from Trade League (which is 50% more expensive but 50% faster).

>>640303
well that's interesting bug, the page is supposed reload after you kill the last nation
>>
>>640315

>Anyhow, what did you think of the trade system? Did it make the game too easy?
no, i never found myself using it that much because it takes lots of turns to turn a profit and i can just pillage a province (some provinces gave me 300 Gold in one turn) or i could just spam taxes on the church/people to get my land back

it would be more interesting if you could tax the resources that the pops make in percentages (like 25%,50%,75%,100%) or maybe adding trade nodes that you can tax if you control (and that would give some provinces strategic priority over other provinces)
>>
File: gametest11.png (816 KB, 1366x640)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
the game is stuck????
>>
>>640181
I can't sell wood anymore because the trade league is out of silver. Will they ever get more?
>>
>>640614
>>
File: bug.png (236 KB, 678x569)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>640617
yeah me too
>>
>>640614
i dont understand why the game invalidates yellow's turns????
>>
Why is the option to assassinate a knight not available? The guide says it costs 200 silver and I have 265.
>>
>>640660
Show an image of the available knights to assassinate.
>>
File: Knights.png (197 KB, 974x350)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>640661
I'm Blue.
>>
File: blue_alive.png (1.57 MB, 1902x894)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Just tried out a game, it was surprisingly fun.
I think this is a bug though, blue didn't capitulate at all when I took their capital like with red or green, and they still are considered alive with them still recruiting knights even after I've taken every province.
>>
File: Blue Victory.png (1.5 MB, 1920x1048)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>640660
>>640677
I beat the game regardless, was pretty fun. An idea I have is to make the Unrest mechanic more impactful. For example if a province reaches max unrest it revolts and becomes an independent faction.
>>
>>640568
>no, i never found myself using it that much because it takes lots of turns to turn a profit and i can just pillage a province (some provinces gave me 300 Gold in one turn) or i could just spam taxes on the church/people to get my land back
I see, well pillage is good to be better, I mostly created this way of making money because the bigger you grow the less opportunities you have to pillage, but I do think felling is unrewarding, so I'll double its price foe 0.0.8, thus 10 wood will sell for 100 silver, isntead of 50 silver.

>it would be more interesting if you could tax the resources that the pops make in percentages (like 25%,50%,75%,100%)
I'm not big in poll tax, in my first concept there was meant to be differe tax obligation level, which you could increase, but aborted it because I don't it worth a turn to increase taxes on certain province, and it would be overpowered to increase it in all.

>maybe adding trade nodes that you can tax if you control (and that would give some provinces strategic priority over other provinces)
making some provinces more strategic would indeed be something I'd like to do, but at the moment I'm not sure which provinces should those be
>>
>>640614
>>640659
>>640625
I think AI is trying to sell the wood to the Trade League and the trade league is out silver. It shouldn't break the turn...

>>640660
I really need to make infobox on why buttons are greyout...

>>640617
No, I released 0.0.7 before I could finish their source of income, which is using wood they bought to build ships and sell them back. It'll be in 0.0.8

>>640678
>Just tried out a game, it was surprisingly fun.
That means a lot thanks.

>I think this is a bug though, blue didn't capitulate at all when I took their capital like with red or green
I'll look into it.

>>640698
Maybe foreign culture pops should try reestablishing a fallen nation?
>>
Since you're back OP I have a few questions and observations about the game.
For starters, what exactly is going on with religion? All I know about it is that I can tax the church, but otherwise everything happening with it might as well be random to me, with temples being made and destroyed by missionaries. Is it safe to assume that you'll add more ways to interact with religion?

For pillaging, I just want to say that I really enjoy this mechanic, I especially like grabbing border provinces just to get closer to a rich province to pillage it, which can then fuel more expansion.
For forts I'm a bit unsure about them. They feel like a double-edged sword since if you lose them you're now in a much worse position than if you had lost that province without a fort on it. As it is now, you would only want to have forts if you have superior Knights, otherwise you would want to demolish them as soon as you encounter an opponent with even a single Knight with high defense and high prudence.
I also don't see any point in having forts in any locations that aren't bordering other nations, so I just end up removing the starting capital fort so that I have less maintenance cost.
>>
>>640899
>For starters, what exactly is going on with religion?
All pops will (no matter what nation) pay 1 silver (from local economy) to their church.
When the church gets 500 silver, they will either hire a missionary or build a temple.
For 10 years, missionaries go from province to province converting 1 pop every year, while the temples act as boobytraps that will kill the missionary and the temple is destroyed. Because missionaries and temples are build at random anything could happen, but generally, if one nation prospers and has their pops increase that means money to the church which means more missionaries and temples.

>Is it safe to assume that you'll add more ways to interact with religion?
Yes, I just don't know what yet, except maybe having moral authority which will result in the church being split in half unless, the ecumenical council is called by the state. And stuff like donating money to your church, so that they can spread faster.

>I also don't see any point in having forts in any locations that aren't bordering other nations
There are advantages to them, like every 5 silver you for them goes to the local economy, which helps them to upgrade their settlement and they will pay taxes even if unrest is over 50% (but they will storm the fort if it reaches 100%)
>>
File: AI_MOVE.png (178 KB, 2405x810)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
I'm redesigning the AI, it is becoming surprisingly complex.
>>
>>641070
Is the AI ever going to get the chance to build ships rather than buying them with this routing? It looks like it would just end up selling any wood it gets as soon as it gets it since it has to be low on gold to have a chance of getting wood in the first place.
>>
>>641103
Well, I have no added some impasses that result in felling.
>>
0.0.8 is released, now you need them ships

I fixed the murderbug and the invalidation one, but I didn't come across the dead nations-bug, need some info about it, like did the nations have a non-fortified province as their capital, because that isn't supposed to happen.
>>
File: knightbug.png (803 KB, 1365x629)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
>>641357
the AI refuses to recruit knights
>>
File: graphicbug.png (64 KB, 683x128)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>641357
and the button for making the navies sally out dosent show
>>
>>641679
turns out this >>641070 AI plan was a mistake, I tried modifying it to make it be reasonable, but I AI is too prudent doesn't take enough risk. I think I'll do a third take, this time with phases like "attacking", "collecting", "defensive".

>>641682
You still assault coastal forts with the same assault button, the button isn't visible because you can't afford it, assault cost 200+FORT cost (which is at least 5), and you have 202 silver
>>
>>641930
Alright, i can assault forts now, but the AI is still gay and very defensive, you need to change that ASAP

also
>they vote on what action to perform every turn (which will take 10 seconds)

make it 20 seconds or 30 seconds because if you are gonna make a game like this you need more time to think and to coordinate not counting the possible newfags and retards that dont know how to play can really mess up a strategy
>>
File: 554.png (1.08 MB, 1143x717)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>642038
Huh huh, with now released 0.0.9 I has been rebuilding, it still fairly defensive, but it will store a ton of money and then launch an offensive.
0.0.9 also adds pirates who buy old ships from trade league, and then pillage everybody
The problem is that time goes on the number wood of wood begins to drop, as higher level settlments do not have forest, which means there is no way to assault coastal forts if that happens because they require ships....
This just eh, I don't know maybe I should give the merchants free annual wood
>>
how is it?
>>
>>643655
is what? The wood situation and AI? Yes, I resolved them with 0.1.0
>>
File: 435.png (1.49 MB, 1746x925)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
To say me, I'm pretty happy with the 0.1.0, it took me an hour of the same to win. Late game seems to have scarsity of wood, which will be addressed.

I cannot fathom how it is even possible to have knight 12-12-12
>>
>>611051
My kingdom is larping as Russia, it's literally a giant backwater without a fleet. Also, I've gone bankrupt like 3 or 4 times and my forts keep collapsing of neglect and rebuilt, so I assume this is basically the barbaric Russia equivalent against the several civilized theocracies and single monarchy.
>>
>>644324
Checked, I do have a fleet, btw, how do you use a fleet.
>>
>>644326
You need ships to assault coastal forts, you need to beat the other state's navy
also, if pirates have 10 ships they can attack your coastal forts and possible wreck your navy, and pirates will target the wealthiest coastal province so their visit will happen eventually
with the 0.1.0 wood will become scarse towards late game because settlement will have less wood, so I suggest you store some amount of wood
also, ships will expire within 20 years, so, don't be surprised if when your ships disappear, they have either rotten away or been destroyed by pirates
>>
>>644340
I see. Does unrest do anything other than people don't give you money anymore, also how does religion work exactly, for example, what is the difference between a temple and a parish.
>>
>>644402
Also, the game is pretty fun for being si simple.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (1.63 MB, 1900x901)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
Guys, I really fucked up. I'm playing as red, and up until last turn I controlled the entire center region, including the provinces on 12, 20, 45. Then, out of nowhere, blue sneakily captured 17, but right as I liberated it, blue had already taken 15 which cut off over half my nation!
I can't believe this happened, I knew it was theoretically possible for this to happen, but I never thought the AI would actually do it. I should've built a fort on 17, what a massive blunder.
Now I know what the Hungarians felt like at the Treaty of Trianon...
>>
>>644492
To add on to my previous post, I think the AI is in a good spot now. In this same game Green went from being a shitty backwater to suddenly expanding like crazy after getting a 12 attack knight.
Also, this may be a coincidence, but when I went to capture 5, 1, and 9 to reclaim my center territory, blue suddenly invaded 43 from green and built a fort there so that I couldn't cut them off anymore. This game has been pretty exciting so far.
>>
>>644402
>Does unrest do anything other than people don't give you money anymore, also how does religion work exactly, for example
If it is above 50% (and you are not a republic), it won't give you any unless let it cooldown. When it reaches 100%, 1 pop will die (if it has > 1 pop) and destroy a fort, reaching 100% will also lower unrest back to 50%. So, in longterm it is gonna be negative

>also how does religion work exactly, for example, what is the difference between a temple and a parish.
see >>641004

>>644492
AI doesn't actually search for those provinces, it just picks one at random, and occasionally it makes a semi-smart move.

>>644523
I think it could better, but I guess it is good if it offers some challenge. I think it is building too many forts, making the game drawn.

>Also, this may be a coincidence, but when I went to capture 5, 1, and 9 to reclaim my center territory, blue suddenly invaded 43 from green and built a fort there so that I couldn't cut them off anymore.
AI has a chance of securing its foothold by building a fort there next turn. In hindsight this is pretty dull, and I'll downgrading with 0.1.1 there will be three types of attack AI:
>"Frankish" AI
who will attack on invadable provinces if possible and then build a fort there
>"Mongol" AI
who will only assault fort, if has no possibilities to invade
>"Arabic" AI
who will assault forts it it can

which should make add some variety
>>
>>644542
I haven't played recently, but having your move invalidated is really annoying. Is it possible that you could change something to prevent that from being possible? With regards to turn order or processing? Or did you want that to be part of the game?
>>
>>644591
Because everybody cast their motion during the same time, some motions might always get invalidated, no matter in what order they are executed. And the everybody casting their votes the same time is something I want, because it gives this delayed reaction which indicates a lack of omnipresence which is often the case with strategy games.

But I could make a backup action in case of invalidation, like collection taxes as a backup. Would it be preferable?
>>
>>644642
I think that would be a nicer result. Are you willing to share anything about how you programmed the game? Like how you made the map, or how the map is read into the program (if it is) and how it's processed? Playing your game got me back into programming a bit, so I started work on my own node mesh generator as a way to learn.
>>
>>644649
>Are you willing to share anything about how you programmed the game?
Sure.

>Like how you made the map, or how the map is read into the program (if it is) and how it's processed?
I made the a vector map with Inkscape and saved it as html canvas, and then modified it to match provinces. In fact the map is made of several html canvas layers on top of each other, and clickability is achieved HTML object place on the top layer, with each object having their own id the click summmons a static function to select the province wit its id. The animated circles are themselves another object layer that utilizes CSS animations.

>Playing your game got me back into programming a bit, so I started work on my own node mesh generator as a way to learn.
Well that's nice.
>>
>>611051
you should post in
>>>/vm/330953
This is an interesting project.
>>
>>644714
and maybe /agdg/
>>
>>644700

Another question does religion affect anything other than taxes and liberations?
>>
File: battleplans.jpg (299 KB, 1280x720)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>644700
Hey dude, i have a suggestion for MP player coordination by adding battleplans to the game, maybe making every player have different colors and make it so that other nations cant see it and it is also transparent with the map
>>
File: eu4custom.jpg (67 KB, 637x358)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>644700
Also, will you add an ingame way to create new nations,ethnicities and religion along with the map maker? that would be really cool for scenario making and would also extend the game's lifespan quite a bit.
>>
>>645434
no, it doesn't even affect liberations (culture does), at the moment it only effects church tax, if you tax too much early your church can't afford to spread, and will instead by converted by other churches which means dimishing returns.
I'm kinda lost on what I want to do with religion, maybe "holy invasion" for foreign tempe provinces of which the churches would pay half of the expense, and if succesful the infidel temple would be destroyed.

>>645492
Sounds a bit convoluted, I don't know.

>>645496
I don't really like the memeshit Paracuck games offer, but if I make a map editor, naturally it will have some type of editor related to the states.

>would also extend the game's lifespan quite a bit
I don't know what you would do with custom maps, I will only host one multiplayer server, which will have multiple maps.
>>
>>645977
when's the game coming out? >inb4 never
>>
>>646267
Well, as said here >>635537 the single-player is already out

I don't know about multi, I try to make it content-rich enough first.
>>
>>645977
>Sounds a bit convoluted, I don't know.
just let the players draw lines on a map
>>
>>646570
well that sounds easier
>>
>>646298
I do find it that eventually, the game turns very slow because of the wood shortage preventing you from winning sea sieges, I recommend a feature to "protect" areas from upgrading, like making them wood reserves or something. just a few.
>>
File: 4336.png (1.5 MB, 1746x925)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
0.1.1 release, it the biggest release thus far, and probably most radical, the four new minor nations should shake things up.

>>646914
true are right, which is why with 0.1.1, each settlement contributes much more wood, furthermore settlements actually get downgraded as result of raiding, so there will always be wood
>>
>>646959

I see
>>
>>646959
Is there any diplomacy yet?
>>
>>646959
I still have to try this version, but the new nations idea seems very bad honestly
>>
>>647733
yeah the game feels kind of unbalanced, since you HAVE to take those costal forts, otherwise its a pain in the ass to deal with the other bigger nations, and they also constantly raid your provinces so you are forced to kill them.

over all good update but this should be removed
>>
>>647738
But it's fun to start as one of the minor nations and claw your way up to the top.
>>
>>647554
I mean what would want from diplomacy? Does the ability to make 5-year non-aggression packs?

>>647738
I mean because the minor nations are so poor, they are unlikely to afford ships, which is the key reason why taking coastal fort is hard.

Raiding is probably overpowered many settlements end up with 0 private silver towards end of the game, while fortified settlements end up hoarding shit on of wealth. I'm kinda afraid of meddling with it because it is a fun mechanic, but I could make it so raidable loot is only possible for the wealth which is 50×pop number, which youl would only be able raid wealthy provinces.
>>
File: Orange_mutts.png (1.6 MB, 1909x890)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
How does it feel red and yellow to be taken over by your own mutt abomination?
>>
You really ought to add some way to finish games that have an already obvious winner. It starts getting annoying when I control all but a handful of provinces for hundreds of years but can't actually finish the game since the opponent can just focus on knights which give infinite protection since it's not exactly hard to get a knight with high defense and high prudence.
Maybe you could either add a way to buy out an enemy province if you have a ton of gold, or make Knights less spammable somehow.
>>
>>648601
Playing as a minor nation is much easier than I thought.

>>648938
I mean I really want to give minor nation a chance to rebound, it annoys me how in UNKNOWN_STUDIO_OF_SWEDISH_ORIGIN games, bigger blobs always blob and never fall. For example in UNKNOWN_MEDIEVAL_SIMULATOR, all big empires will always have the most skilled courtiers.

That being said I'm not quite happy with the knight system, I'm thinking the stats should be 50% nature and 50% gained. So, nature roll would only give knight skills from 1 to 6, and they could have a chance of gradually increasing it to 12, maybe after succesful operation, like if your knight leads 6 successful invasions his attack skill increases to 12, or alternatively it could increase as a result of their experiration rate, like if you have knight who is about to retire within 5-years, his skill only then increased to 12 (if his natural skill is 6). Which approach sounds better?

>Maybe you could either add a way to buy out an enemy province if you have a ton of gol

Bribing knights is a good, I could add "honor"-attributes which would impact how much their defection would cost.
>>
>>612756
I shall colonize these islands in the name of YELLOW!
>>
>>648963
>Which approach sounds better?
I would probably prefer the expiration increase since a single knight probably isn't going to get many chances to experience multiple successful invasions.

I do like the idea to bribe knights, that would really help with wrapping up the late game.
>>
0.1.2 release, it is relatively minor, adding 8 more provinces was painful because I messed up layer order and had reset them

>>649723
Well, with 0.1.2, I'm running with the increasing them when knight battles are won, and bribing knight is now possible
>>
How about randomized maps?
>>
>>651137
You mean completely randomly generated maps or where the starting provinces are different? Because one much easier.
>>
>>651157
maybe you could add a feature: if a province of a culture (for example Green culture) is occupied by an enemy culture (for example Yellow culture) if the province is occupied long enough (like 15 turns) the pops start emigrating to Green Provinces/Colonies

i think you should play with the concept of immigration, taxation and religious persecution because it would make interesting situation if for example some pops fled an enemy nation to fund a colony of their own, or if maybe their home nation taxes them to much they will emigrate to other nations.
>>
>>655196
I'm thinking about tying migration to wealth. Basically, if province's private silver is below population × 50, random pop will migrate a province with population above × 100.
>>
>>655226
maybe you could also make immigration to the center regions since they are almost always underpopulated
>>
>>651157
well, both, if possible, maybe
>>
>>655226
also remove the smaller nations they are a tumor and make the game unfun
>>
>>655289
You just need to use forts if you want the place to be less underpopulated.
>>655326
I like them, git gud.
>>
>>655289
Because the center region needs to be colonized it takes time for it to grow, and if it repeatedly changes owner it doesn't really have the opportunity to develop. If it is protected it should develop some population.

>>655320
No generated maps, there is where I draw the line. As I have said elsewhere, I would rather make a rich game with limited maps than a poor game with limitless maps.

>>655326
I rather not, I think they shake up things, like you have to make more strategic decisions, like if you prioritize getting rid of them, or just go past them.

For the next patch I'm thinking about making the army movement bit less abstract, like you can't just invade or assault provinces, you need to rally an army first, after you have rallied army in a border province you can then move that army to invade or assault nearby province. And your assault fails or you don't use your army for a turn, your army dispurses.
>>
>>655421
>For the next patch I'm thinking about making the army movement bit less abstract, like you can't just invade or assault provinces, you need to rally an army first, after you have rallied army in a border province you can then move that army to invade or assault nearby province. And your assault fails or you don't use your army for a turn, your army dispurses.

bad idea
>>
>>655431
Why?
>>
>>655437
because then invading becomes grindy, especially when you consider you will have to port this to multiplayer

its fine as it is desu, a little bit arcady, but not too complex, like a browser game should be
>>
>>655473
I feel like it would make long-term attacks more tolerable like if you move you army to invade province A, and then next turn order it to attack province B, if your enemy orders the liberation of A and is able to make their move before, you without in-map armies, your move would get invalidated, but if your army is still in province A, and has a chance to repel the enemy liberation and then continue to B
>>
>>655513
The A.I dosent liberate that much since you nerfed it so i dont see why you should nerf it more
>>
File: 45.jpg (216 KB, 1000x678)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>655609
They don't do it because liberation has a cooldown, they can still pretty much repel invasion if they get to make their move first.

Also, I'm considering making an alternative map, this time an asymmetric fantasy map with over 100 provinces.
>>
>>655668
Map looks good, but needs lakes and more islands. The biggest charm of the current map is the strategic center region which has the 4 provinces which connect it with the rest of the map, with the center region often changing hands due to the separation mechanic.
Also the bigger islands + the sea invasion mechanic have made it so naval play is an actual thing, which is nice.
So basically, strategic points = good.
Also you could do mountains instead of lakes to represent non-province land if you want to add some variety visually.
>>
>>644714
I propose that we of /vst/ should ally ourselves with our brothers in /vm/
>>
File: 547.png (64 KB, 1742x777)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
Okay, I don't like releasing small patches, but I feel like this time it might better to release it immediately rather wait until the end of the week.
0.1.3 just adds a selection screen, in with three options:
>standard
>minorless without minor nations
>randomized
That should appease those who are annoyed by minor nations and those who want something bit different
>>
>>656225
maybe more minor nations?
>>
>>656225
based update
>>
I'm kind of torn about where I to take this development. I most certainly want to avoid making like Risk. On the other hand moving units might be fun. Some kinda non-roll based battle system would also be nice, I'm pretty happy with the ship-combat it pretty unpredictable but favours bigger numbers.
>>
>>657485
when do you think multiplayer gametesting will begin?
>>
>>657485
Can't help you here, but good luck, want to see where you take it.
>>
>>657755
Maybe next month. I think I have been able to create a fun little game, but it isn't nearly as complex as I want it to be. I believe complexity is important for replayability. I'm also not sure if I should keep the single-player around or nuke when multi is released.

>>659787
It would help, if I could get some opinions on systems I'm thinking about implementing before I take the time implement them, like:
>subdvide year to four-season, each turn is a season, with each season different actions are available like during winter you can't invade
>have each nation a head-state, and you will be able to select a consort for them, who will generate children, and when the guy dies, depending on the number of children and age+personality, there might be civil war
>have a grain system, where all low-level settlements will sell grain to the higher settlements (and obtain silver by doing so), and if the there is buyer, the settlements would sell them to Trade League, which would sell them (with higher price) to the settlements who can't get enough grain, if settlement fails to get enoght grain, their pops will die, states can buy and store grain themselves
>have a tech system, where players recruit philosophers and form universities to increase it, higher-tech level means access to better forts and quicker pop grow
>have offmap powers who might in exchange of long-lasting loyalty and gifts, donate ships and silver back
>>
>>660211
>I'm also not sure if I should keep the single-player around or nuke when multi is released.
Keep it, unless it does harm in some way/slows down development.
>>
>>611051
This reminds me of a 'game' I played when I was younger. Real Nations or something like that, basically a country and UN simulator online with a big RP community.
>>
File: 436.png (110 KB, 965x583)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>655668
WAI many chokepoints turned out great
>>
File: 436.png (185 KB, 1051x681)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>662324
Okay, these borders should do it for alt map, drawing them borders is took a stupid amount of time, because I just couldn't decide.
Ultimately I ended up with a setup where all 9 nations start with 11 provinces and there are 14 colonizable provinces.
I'm also thinking about limiting naval invasion sto only certain ports.
>>
bumpin
>>
>>665756
Hah, I like how this thread is alone is keeping me going.

Work on 0.4.0 is slower than usual because I'm implementing the stone system, in which random inland provinces will have a quarry, and in order to build a province the state needs to own at least one quarry, and the cost of building fort is based on the distance to the closest quarry. So building a fort in a quarry province will cost 80 silver, while building a fort in a province that is 5 provinces away from the quarry will cost 180 silver. This ought to give more strategic value, especially considering some of 4 major nations might to even start with a quarry province. The reason why is such pain is that I'm doing it with A*.

I'm also doing prep work for 0.5.0 which will include the alternative map.
>>
>>665756
i see.
>>665803
>>
>>611051
do a theocracy, monarchy, republic, and commune instead of doubling up.
Some more interesting map layouts than ebin circles might be good.
Maybe put in a bit more tactical depth? Can't have a /vst/ without unit types.
>>
File: alt clr.png (128 KB, 1076x682)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>664111
>>662324
tried making the colours be a bit more distinctive, how's this?
>>
>>668006
>do a theocracy, monarchy, republic, and commune instead of doubling up.
i'm not sure what you saying
>>668006
>Maybe put in a bit more tactical depth? Can't have a /vst/ without unit types.
I mean the first step would be to give armies a presence in map, which I'm experimenting with the rally system.
Additionally, I'm thinking "local nobility", which contribute a certain amount of cavalry to support your army, and those cavalries would fight similar to the ships.

>>668027
Thanks, yes that is better
>>
how many maps does it have?
>>
>>665803
>>664111
how big of a map can this handle? I've got an old pretty fantasy map with 9 nations I could repurpose to fit this, but it's pretty big.
>>
>>668984
I'm not OP, but I've been working on my own map "importer" that makes a game map from an image, so please post it regardless.
>>
>>668861
one symmetric thus far, the first irregular will be coming soon enought
>>668984
Province wise? Don't know, the advantage turn-based is each province will make each turn marginally longer, with 60 provinces turns to take no time, so I with 600 provinces they probably wouldn't take long either
scale wise? I have been going with 800×600, it should also be noted that the map is using HTML canvas converted from SVG, so you should have SVG, not raster images. I also think every province should have at least 50×50 space to display things like labels.

>>669149
Well, that sounds interesting. I did my own raster convert in December, I never got it to work like I wanted to, drawing diagonal borders was a pain.
>>
>>660211
>subdvide year to four-season, each turn is a season, with each season different actions are available like during winter you can't invade
Idk, seems like an unnecessary increase in complexity without adding much.
>have each nation a head-state, and you will be able to select a consort for them, who will generate children, and when the guy dies, depending on the number of children and age+personality, there might be civil war
Could be interesting, you could have the leaders have different stats like with Knights. However it would reduce immersion if the system isn't different based on the government type you choose.
>have a grain system, where all low-level settlements will sell grain to the higher settlements (and obtain silver by doing so), and if the there is buyer, the settlements would sell them to Trade League, which would sell them (with higher price) to the settlements who can't get enough grain, if settlement fails to get enoght grain, their pops will die, states can buy and store grain themselves
Seems interesting to me, so long as it doesn't use up too many of you actions managing it.
>have a tech system, where players recruit philosophers and form universities to increase it, higher-tech level means access to better forts and quicker pop grow
I'm not sure about it, personally I'd rather not have to worry about technological development in a game just set in the Medieval age.
>have offmap powers who might in exchange of long-lasting loyalty and gifts, donate ships and silver back
Could be interesting.
>>
Also one small thing worth adding for the sake of future maps would be naval colonizing, since theoretically an empty island with no connection to land would never be accessible otherwise.
>>
File: silverFortCost.png (709 KB, 732x641)
709 KB
709 KB PNG
>>670635
>Idk, seems like an unnecessary increase in complexity without adding much.
Think about it like this: if you invade during summer, it means your enemy can undo your conquest with liberation in autumn, but if you invade in autumn, it means your enemy can't liberate until spring, which means you have time to build a fort there during winter, which would make it difficult for the enemy to regain it.

>>670635
>Could be interesting, you could have the leaders have different stats like with Knights. However, it would reduce immersion if the system isn't different based on the government type you choose.
Of course, I was thinking non-monarchies get old leaders who won't rule for long, and stuff like that.

>>670652
good point, should be limited to the same extent as sea invasions will, which is to the same sea tile connection
>>
finally got 0.1.4 released, it isn't much... so much of the work is just setup for the alternative map for 0.1.5
>>
>>673660
I can't seem to do sea invasions in the new version, is the requirement different or is it a bug?
>>
File: seazones.png (1.25 MB, 835x980)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>674099
Right, there was a bug, which has now been hotifxed. While I was at it I also implemented the sea zone limit for naval invasions.
Basically, in order to do a sea invasion you need to control a port within the same coast zone, all coast zones are 6 provinces and there are 8 of them, the province can be part of the same coast zone.

In the picture, we see that Cyan Nation's has many targets for their sea invasions because their only province is part of two coast zones.

Meanwhile, Green has access to two coast zones, but however, they cannot do sea invasions initially because their sea access only reaches to Lime and Cyan nation who both have a fort, if Green nation however can expand their sea range by conquering province that belongs to another coast zone region, for example, if they invaded Cyan, the control of #51 would grant them the ability to sea invade Blue's island (which are part of the same coast zone).
>>
your map looks a lot like the Inner Sphere. are you sure this isn't secretly a Battletech game?
>>
>>674581
I'm not familiar with Battletech, the map itself is modified Age of Dubs map by GM
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vst/thread/544852/#544852
>>
>>674635
>https://archive.nyafuu.org/vst/thread/544852/#544852

cool thread, you should update how empires collapse, for example all minors and colonized land gets released like in the thread
>>
keep up the good work
>>
>>674754
The idea of bringing back dead states when capital falls is interesting. But I'm not sure how I would determine which states get resurrected. Maybe kinda core-system?
While working on new map I have painted myself on the corner. Under the new fort system, fort require access to quarries, but quarries , but quarries themselves only spawn in inland provinces, and the new map has islands with no access to the inland province, which that fonts won't be able to constructed.
Which leaves two solutions:
a) allow quarries to spawn in coastal provinces, I wouldn't want to do this because I'd like give inland provinces something that ports don't have
b) make it so that level 1 fort can be constructed with wood instead of stone
>>
>>677109
I strongly favor option b), since I am saddened by being unable to build forts on islands.
>>
>>677109
>But I'm not sure how I would determine which states get resurrected. Maybe kinda core-system?

you look at the pops and if they are a majority you give them that province
>>
bumpin
>>
Continuing work alternative map. I ended up making a tool that finds center coordinates for each province, which will save a lot of time. Province setup is done at the moment I'm setting up adjacents, which is a kinda slouch, I almost could automatize it, but I'm just afraid it is gonna end up with too many mistakes.
Regardless it is looking pretty good, unless something comes up I believe I'll be able to release the new map by the end of the week.
>>
File: 5546.png (796 KB, 732x641)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
Was finally able to load it, but it needs more adjustments.
>>
>>681295
cool
>>
File: 546.png (1.42 MB, 1462x641)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>681295
Beginning to shape up
The name situation will be strange for a while, I wanted to make a name generator for coherent names, so that new names would generated every game, but it needs more work, so I will just using placeholder names.
>>
Okay released 0.1.5, I guess it is good enough. This was a stupid amount of work, and I'm not gonna do another map for a while.

Interestingly the northern nation, "Narasfea" seems to win every observation game. Not sure why, I guess the geography just favours them.

I should probably start working towards the multiplayer hopefully I'll get something together by 0.2.0. I'm also thinking of making a scoreboard.
>>
>>683647
New version isn't working for me, regardless of which map or nation or action I choose, clicking the Propose Motion button does nothing.
>>
>>683759
Hotfixed
>>
>>683823
Thank you.
>>
bump
>>
>>686796
Honestly, it would be more insightful if you could tell what could be improved?
>>
bumperino
>>
>>611130
>I completed that project within a day grew bored of it
You should open source it and let the community develop it.
>>
File: 435.jpg (73 KB, 388x245)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Next, I'm gonna try to improve QoL, I feel like it might be a turn-off if people are confused about why certain buttons are disabled.

>>690972
Why? Any half-decent programmer can do the same.
>>
>>691172
tool tips are useful
>>
won one game
had fun
thanks op
>>
>>692372
Which stage? I haven't even tested if the player can win Bulzela, seems pretty hard, AI seems to be able to pull it off in some 1500 years.
>>
>>692376
Andubsia, without minors. Exploited AI going a few provinces deep into center territory and cutting it off several times up until another AI cut the first one off.
Tried Bulzela, couldn't acquire money fast enough to meaningfully advance. I suppose, selling as much wood as you can at the start is important, because i couldn't sell any for a while. Also my first knight had 1 and 2 in atk-def and 12 in prudence, this rng hates me.
>>
>>692376
Not him, but I won it as Lechez, but actually conquering Lechez as a different nation is very difficult. I ran into a problem where if I invaded Lechez, all they had to do was liberate one province and suddenly they would take every province that I had that wasn't connected to the mainland. Also not being able to build forts on Lechez and other islands is a pain.
I'd have to do more testing, but as far as I can tell it is practically unwinnable unless you start as Lechez.
>>
The Terraists did nothing wrong.
TERRA IS OUR MOTHER
>>
>>692428
Did you mean to post in the Logh thread on /a/?
>>
>>692432
yes, that is correct
>>
File: 67.png (350 KB, 299x511)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
>>692391
Forest will recover within 25-years. Honestly, it isn't ideal, I want to model deforestation, but the current model essentially implies forest is allowed to regrow. Ideally there should be two actions, one where you only get 50% of the woods, but it will recover within 25-years, and other where you get 100% but the forest is permanently cut-off.

Naturally, this would tie to the idea of other resources, but I'm not sure what I want to do it them. I want to include first and wool, the idea being that you would gain first from forest provinces and wool from deforested.
Furs would be used to get better knights, like if you have no first, you will get knight with 0-6 pips, but for every fur you donate, you will get one additional pip.

Even less idea about what to do with wool, I'm toying with the idea of that every 10-pops in the province would require 1 wool-unit from the state, otherwise every they would migrate to a foreign nation.

>>>692398

>they had to do was liberate one province and suddenly they would take every province that I had that wasn't connected to the mainland.
That's strange, ports should not be affected by exclave prune. Didn't happen to me when I did it as Kureeth.

>Also not being able to build forts on Lechez and other islands is a pain.

I have meant to make fort lvl 1 constructible only with wood, should probably get to it. This does give me an additional idea of combining sea invasion and fort construction, into a new more expensive action which will immediately build a fort after sea invasion, by sacrificing 10-ships to be used as a building material.
>>
Cool thread OP, looking forward to the multiplayer release, have you decided how turns will play out beyond the initial post? 10 seconds seem short to make proper decisions, especially as this game becomes more complex.
>>
>>693325
Yes, it has been come apparent that 30 seconds would be more ideal.
A voting-based system with such a timer, does turn possible diplomatic interaction into an issue, like if a state proposes an alliance, what should happen? Should lose a turn to decide on this? Should they be forced to make two decisions? At the moment I'm towards a third option, which is to make most senior team player be the "steward" of the state, who alone is responsible for accepting or denying alliances.
>>
>>693357
A setting for time would be also nice, with different options.
>>
0.1.6 release: https://fortune-for-the-princes.herokuapp.com/

Mostly focus on making the player more information. Also, the fort rework and fur resource should add more strategy.
>>
File: Entire_Island_Stolen.png (1.39 MB, 1903x894)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>692649
>That's strange, ports should not be affected by exclave prune. Didn't happen to me when I did it as Kureeth.
I think I figured out the problem, it seems that it only effects Asznya because it is the only nation that has its capital inland. Try out a game with Asznya and you should experience it as well.
I think I've noticed this before on the randomized map, where the enclave prune worked differently for nations with their capital being inland.
>>
File: 43567.jpg (465 KB, 500x435)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>697112
Okay, that has now been hotfixed (alongside two other minor things), it was interesting oversight.

I'm curious, do you experiance pic related clipping?
>>
>>697223
I haven't experienced clipping at all, or any other graphical issues.
>>
File: grain.png (158 KB, 805x1252)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
Thinking about the more advanced system.

Instead of settlement autoupgrading, they can only be upgraded if city-charter is granted to them. And before that can be done the province must have been felled and converted to arable land.

Arable land generates 3 grain (but consumes 1 of them) and those being equally distributed acorss the state, naturally higher settlement levels will consume more grain. When there is a deficit of grain, provinces will spend their own wealth to buy grain from the Trade League.
States themselves can collect grain via the pre-established "collect tribute button", and during famine if there if trade league has no grain, state's grain will be used by their state has as the last resort.
If province can't met their grain need percent relative to how much the province needs grain. For instance settlement lvl 3 requires 3 grain every year, but if they get 0, it means that 3/4 of the pops will starve.
>>
>>698647
would be cool if you implemented a method to starve your enemy out or maybe have famines
>>
File: Uber_Wealth.png (1.33 MB, 1920x891)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>698647
I'm looking forward to manual upgrading. I'd love to have more control over my provinces, especially considering how important it is becoming to have provinces of different types for furs, wood, and silver.
Speaking of upgrading provinces, I have no idea how my capital hasn't upgraded at all, along with all my other inland provinces. Practically all my coastal provinces have upgraded at least once though, despite pirate raids stealing their silver. I thought wealth was how provinces upgraded, so how have my rich inland provinces not upgraded?
>>
>>699722
> I have no idea how my capital hasn't upgraded at all, along with all my other inland provinces. Practically all my coastal provinces have upgraded at least once though, despite pirate raids stealing their silver

So, this is something of an oversight, not a bug per se. Because fur becomes so important scarce in the end game, I wanted to make sure there is always fur.
So I introduced to limits on upgrading:
1. inland provinces require twice much wealth to upgrade as coastal ones
2. only a pre-defined percentage of settlements can co-exist within a certain time

For 113-provinces those limits are:
30 1-level settlements
15 2-level settlements
7 3-level settlement

This means there will always be at least 52 levels 0 settlements who are stuck waiting that one level-1 tier province is either promoted or downgraded. Pirates raids themselves don't kill pops, so they don't have a chance demoting a settlement, but non-pirate pillaging and looting do.
So, in your case, your capital is probably one of those late bloomers that are stuck to level-0 tier because there are already 30 1-level settlements.

It isn't ideal that a single province is able to hoard that much silver, but I haven't really come up with a way to prevent that, maybe introducing a cap, but if there is a cap, what should happen silver that reinvested to the provinces if the cap is full? Well, maybe it will help when the provinces automatically trade with the trade league.
>>
>>699839
Ok, that explains a lot. Also all of that wealth being horded into one province was deliberate through me fully castling it from early on, and then never looting it, along with me concentrating wealth to my empire through getting my silver mainly through selling wood, pillaging, and looting my coastal provinces before pirates can steal their silver.
I personally don't have an issue with being able to hoard wealth into a single province since looting it can easily undo the wealth disparity, but I suppose it could be interesting to have a mechanic that increases unrest in your poor provinces when you have high province wealth inequality. Or as you mentioned, the food system might make it less likely to happen.

Also, this is a bit unrelated, but I've had a few games where I was playing a mainly coastal nation and I decided to try competing with the pirates so that they couldn't steal my silver. In order to do so I would have to hoard lots of wood and silver, and loot my non-fortified coastal provinces so that the pirates would just try to steal from the fortified provinces. Then I would start building ships once the pirates had a low amount, and assuming that I had high wealth fortified coastal provinces, the pirates would keep attacking them and I would hopefully have enough to defend. However, they would replenish ships very quickly, so keeping up with them ends up being very expensive. I remember occasionally needing to have over 50 ships just to defend from the pirates. Basically what I'm getting at here is that trying to defend your coastal provinces from the pirates is not really viable, since it is way more effective to just loot your own coastal provinces frequently to prevent the pirates from taking silver out of your empire's economy.
So I guess my question would be, is it intended that defending coastal provinces from the pirates should be impractical, and that players should be discouraged from accumulating wealth in coastal provinces?
>>
>>699887
>So I guess my question would be, is it intended that defending coastal provinces from the pirates should be impractical, and that players should be discouraged from accumulating wealth in coastal provinces?
No, it should be feasible. You need to understand how pirates get their ships, they get them the only way. They buy over 10-year-old ships from the Trade League (which builds them from the wood sold to them).
The idea is that Trade League will always make its money back, the pirates will then use those ships to raid and use the obtained loot to buy more old ships (if available) from the Trade League, so it is a symbiotic relationship.
To defeat pirates, you should either cut off their supply of ships (be that either controlling majority of woodlands and not selling wood to the Trade League), or buying the Trade League's ships before they sell them to the pirates. Or consistently beat them, because they don't have insurance on their ships, every ship you sink is a loss to them, and they will eventually run out of money if you gatekeep all the wealthiest coastal provinces, in which case they won't be able to hoard piles of silver to buy new ships.
So, if they reach 50 ships, it is because they have been allowed to roam free. You aren't going to defeat them by waiting they have low ships, you should be more concerned with the silver they hold.
>>
Glad do see it coming along well.
>>
Gonna brainstorm my idea for the character system.

Each province will have a noble family who is the representation of local rulers.
These families are composed of lord, lady, sons, and daughters. Lords can marry daughters of other lords and sire children with them. Eventually, the lord will die and be succeeded by their son, if they don't have a son, a new family will take over. To keep it simple, only lords can marry, so the sons of the lord have to wait to succeed their father or die a virgin.

Sons themselves will replace the knights, instead of randomly generated knights, recruited knights will come from that pool. New recruitment system will not assure the certain quality of knights but a number of furs will still impact the quality of knights, meaning that if recruited a knight 2 furs, out of all unemployed knights two will randomly be picked to the roundup and better knight will be recruited, however, if you recruit knights with 10 furs, 10 knights will be randomly picked, rounded and best of them will become your knight. The thought being the higher reward will attract more job seekers. If the knight you recruited is the heir of a province lord, he will retire to rule his fief when his father dies.

When you invade or assault, instead of that silver being distributed equally to your provinces, that all goes to the provincial families. You can get that silver back by doing "Tax Scutage"-action, which will force all provincial families to pay you some silver, however, this will decrease their loyalty. And if their loyalty drops too low, a march lord might defect to an enemy state.
You can increase the lords loyalty by "Feast" (costs silver and effect all) or "Gift Furs" to the individual lord. However, if you don't tax them all and their treasury reaches 1000 silver, they will build a fort to their province and become an independent state.
The idea is that you will be fucked if you alienate them or let them become too powerful, so you can't ignore them.
>>
bvmp
>>
Lost an hour playing it today, like 5 minutes figuiring out how to actually invade and win
The rest selling wood and praying that my opponents wouldn't invade in time
Good game
>>
>>709052
I guess you didn't notice the tooltip that shows up when you hover over the button?
>>
Hows progress going on your "browser game" that you only dream about, talk about like a 12 year old, and will never actually finish?
>>
>>709097
Pretty good actually, spend the whole day on the next patch which should be ready within 48 hours.
How would you define finished? I have a playable version right now: https://fortune-for-the-princes.herokuapp.com/
>>
>>709097
lol look at this retard
he thought he would make fun of some nodev, but he failed horribly
>>
>>709097
Are you retarded?
>>
>>709097
Dangerously based
>>
>>709097
Personally I think it'll be fleshed out enough to be considered "finished" once the grain system and manual province upgrading is added,
>>
>Hey all,
>As usual, we'd like to hear your thoughts on Mordhau and what you'd like to see in the game. We're aware of the general sentiment around here, and we're absolutely trying our best to get more content out to players as soon as we can. We've been talking quite a bit on how to get more information out about what's coming next, and I'll try my best to keep you all in the loop. Thanks for being patient, and we're exciting about what's coming for Mordhau in the future <3
>Good news! We have brought on a new developer, Jonathan, as the Development Director. He'll be assisting with the day-to-day stuff , organization, etc. and having him on the team should help to boost our productivity :)
>SDK update: we've heard back from Epic, and they have verified the mod tools! Unfortunately, we're not out of the woods yet - we still need to optimize a few things and squash a few bugs. At the moment we're figuring out those problems, and we may be deciding on bundling the SDK with the upcoming update (mostly timing based).
>More work on SDK stuff; loading errors/misc. bugs are being squashed.
>Work on extra functionality and fixes for the upcoming player reporting tools.
>Some more work regarding console ports - fixing some gamepad issues, optimization, etc. Most of these fixes will also help with problems that are on PC as well :)
>Some more backend work on reporting, and fixing exploits.
>Some general polish and fixes for maps, eliminating some stuck spots and fixing minor issues that have been around for ages.
>Some work on our new brawl map (game mode setup), and then some more design changes for Castello.
>We've fixed some pretty gnarly bugs we've found during testing, and some decent progress is being made there.
>Work continues on upcoming maps, as usual! Zocky, the level designer who we brought on last week, is now up to speed and he's helping to speed up map creation.
>>
woops, sorry wrong thread
>>
File: 5467.png (6 KB, 260x79)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>709103
just made it, 0.1.7 has been released.

It doesn't have a grain system, but it does have a settlement upgrade command (you can see the progress by the settlement map mode which depicts the progression as moon),

For whatever reason, I decided to add map zoom.
>>
File: im not an ant.png (191 KB, 314x302)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>711586
>>711586
images are made for ants lol

also when are you going to release multiplayer???
>>
>>711658
>images are made for ants lol
Strange
Font-size scales to the viewport, are you playing on a phone?

>also when are you going to release multiplayer???
Well, we are certainly getting closer to that...
>>
>>711682

>Font-size scales to the viewport, are you playing on a phone?

im playing on an asus lapotop on firefox that runs windows 10

>Well, we are certainly getting closer to that...
cool, when it comes out ill spam it around the site a bit and ill reccomend it to my friend
>>
File: 5346.png (180 KB, 302x302)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>711860
>im playing on an asus lapotop on firefox that runs windows 10
That's certainly strange behavior, especially if it doesn't occur with the rest of the text.

Made me thinking more about the multiplayer.
Most likely there won't be a hot join, because that's just a nightmare to keep in sync.
Design I'm thinking will last 1 hour and each turn has 30 seconds timer, thus there would 120 years/turns of gameplay.
The goal wouldn't be neccessary to conquer everybody (even if that is one way to win), but the winner would be the nation with highest civilization index, which would constist of combination forts, provinces, pops, wealth, won, battles.
Also considering regular multiplayer alongside team-multiplayer.
>>
All of this started with paint threads.
>>
File: senate.png (10 KB, 297x170)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>712291
you should also add a senate like bar when voting occurs such as this
>>
As this project grows I keep thinking of the server cost. At the moment the free tier allows a certain number of dyno hours, and when those hours run an off-the server will go offline until the dyno hours reset next month.
For comparison, 10% of dyno hours have already been spent for this month.

So, I was wondering if this project gains more activity and those dyno hours get exceeded, if there is any interest in crowdfunding the server fee? The hobby tier would cost seven bucks, so with Patreon's cut, if ten people would donate a dollar, the server cost would be covered. I'd assume nobody would be interested in funding it, but then again people crowdfund the stupidest things.

>>713497
I mean, I don't know how aligning would work. There can be multiple suggestions, so I guess I could give each suggestion a color and then represent voters as circles.
>>
ded
>>
Definitely getting closer to mp
so the first release will be standard mp where each player controls one nation
mechanically it work like this
>server generates random seeds and shares it with players, thus random outcomes will be the same for everyone
>when players selection nation the game doesn't beging until 2 people have picked a nation
>then game begins, when game is in progress, late joiners will be redicted away
>each turn player has 15 secs to make their move (I figured out 30 sec is good for team multiplayer but too long for normal multi)
>when timer runs out all the proposals are sent to server, who shares them with all players
>when server has shared them, the proposals will be executed like SP
>after 240 years or one hour in real-time, the game will conclude
>>
sovl
tell me when it has mp
>>
bumperinho
>>
>>611051
>I want the game to be complex
>turns last 10 seconds to absolutely rule out any in-depth strategies, actually consulting the pie charts or, god help you, actually talking with other players between turns
>>
>>720394
Yes, the 10-seconds have been upped to 30-seconds. Might decrease it back to 10 if players find it too boring.

Also, piecharts haven't been implemented, I'd figure a multiplayer should be a higher priority.
>>
bumping for /vst/ first actual project, good luck fren
>>
Making some good progress, I'm kinda afraid of going public with it, because MP might go completely out of sync, so would anyone be interested in coming to Discord and testing it?
>>
>>721896
id be interested
>>
>>722249
cool, what CET tomorrow (12th day) is good for you? I reckon, it will take around 15 minutes.
>>
>>722313
15:00 CEST time is good for you right?
>>
>>722538
Yes, I'll post a Discord link just before that.
>>
Bit early, here is the discord server: https://discord.gg/5jbZHaDw

Everybody is welcome, it might be useful for helpful while playing MP, because the MP doesn't have a chat, and I'm not sure if I should add it. I feel like it might be get abused.
>>
So. how is it going for you mpfags?
>>
>>725854
Good, the first MP test overextended and brought to my attention some unseen issues, but those have already been fixed.
Going to work on scoring system next.
>>
File: 3324.png (252 KB, 759x350)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
score system should determine the winner of each round
>>
bumpin
>>
MP (non-team) released available at https://fortune-for-the-princes.herokuapp.com/multi

some notes:
>game will start once 4 nations have been joined
>the game will last 150 turns or 50 minutes (as turns last 20 seconds)
>while game is being played, new players cannot be joined or watched and will be redirected away
>if players leave during the middle of a session, they will be replaced by AI
>other players can be seen with a new map mode
>>
>>730391
Nice, we should get a time when a bunch of people can join and try it out. Little chance of getting a game right now.
Also, congrats on getting to the mp version.
>>
>>730391
I'm ready if anyone wants.
>>
>>732245
good now we only need two more
>>
>>611051
I SHALL CONQUER THE WORLD
>>
File: 859965066144907305.png (13 KB, 125x126)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>730391
im ready
>>
duh, got the worst knight 1
Green got to level 3 defender
and red got to level 2 attack and defense
>>
>>730391
4, we're making progress, let's go! Fuck griggers
>>
>>732289
HE LEFT :(((
>>
>>732285
the worst knight, Nah nigga, yours at least has good prudence.
>>
>>732292
he came back
>>
these kinda sessions should probably be organized in Discord
>>
we are down to 2 players
>>
nice game!
>>
when are we having another game?
>>
File: 5436.png (3 KB, 53x73)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>705397
continuing work on NPC system. I found a nice way to make real life expectancy system, basically, the average life expectancy is 20, but after 20 it is 40, and only 7% of make it to 60

>>734196
anything is good for me, I could lower the player limit to three
>>
bump
>>
liv
>>
I will implement movable armies at some point (hence why rally button is there). Which calls for a battle mechanics when I get there.
There will be three units:
>cavalry: 4 fighting skill
>sergeants: 2 fighting skill
>levies: 1 fighting skill
Different battlegrounds increase fighting skill
>plains will increase cavalrys' skill to 8
>mountain will increase sergeant's skill to 4
>forest will double levies's skill to 2

During the battle, each unit will randomly fight one unit, and the unit with a better battle score always wins, otherwise, result is a coin toss.

This means that if one army has no cavalry and the other has some, and the battle occurs in plain or forest, the army with cavalry will always win, no matter how heavily they are outnumbered, because 4 fighting skill goes unmatched.
>>
liv
>>
>>611051
>There will be three units:
benis, very ebin
>>
File: 535.png (72 KB, 302x302)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
experimenting generated settlements, there might replace the province-view images
>>
>>742337
but then what's the point in doing anything other than cav spam?
>>
>>747028
because you don't let to choose your army composition, you can indirectly influence it
when you rally an army, each province contributes one unit, which unit is is based on:
>if province lord is happy, they will send you cavalry
>if the province is wealthy, they will send you sergeants, otherwise, they will send levies

Keeping nobility happy is difficult, as if you simp them too much, lords will become too powerful and form their own state.
>>
>>745982
I personally find the previous view more charming, nicer.
Btw, I recommend you retrip. and renamefag.
>>
File: 64.png (90 KB, 556x201)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>748043
I guess it has some charm, its point was to quickly show what things the province has. But it gets harder when you want to include more stuff, for example, I'd like to show the difference between a forested province and a province full of farms. But there isn't room for it.

Continuing work on the character system, you will be able to see the lord's family when clicking a province. Knight bachelors will replace generic knight generation, when you use action to recruit a knight one of the pre-existing knight bachelors (who are sons of a province lord) will become your knight bannerets.
I'm still figuring out what I want to do with lords themselves, but I'm thinking of a system in which the province's defence score is based on the lord's defender stats, and when a your knight banneret conquers it, they will retire from your service and become the provinces new lord, will the former lord will be exiled and become knight banneret of their state for free, in hopes that you reclaim their lordship for them.

Lords also have a thrift value which determines how they collect taxes from their province, if their thrift value is negative, they will instead spend their money on developing the province. Naturally, move money the lord has more dangerous they are.
>>
>>748473
is it possible for you to run out of knights, if say, the recruiting pool of your realm becomes too tiny, can you use up all of your knight capital?
>>
>>748967
Well, lords usually have two children, so there is probably not a lack of them. Furthermore, when you don't just recruit the sons of lords from you realm, but also the sons of foreign lords who share your religion.
With the unlikely event of not having any knight bachelors, your recruitment will generate a new knight, but their stats will likely be bad.
>>
File: ddd.png (91 KB, 549x549)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>611051
Hundred days from the creation of this thread... This project has come much further than I anticipated, and I don't think I would have continued it this long without input from this board.
>>
>>751165
What now, moving forward?
>>
File: 546.png (116 KB, 807x201)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>754002
The next patch will include the lordship system which I have mentioned previously, I believe it will spice up the game and push it more towards a simulation approach.

Naturally, I still plan on adding the grain system, and I feel like movable armies are a must at some point.

I will probably tackle religion after lordship patch, it has remained undeveloped far too long.

At the moment i don't think there is much point in going for the team-multiplayer, as the lack of interest in even base multiplayer, indicates the game is too barren, which is why I didn't want to release MP this early, but I'm glad I added it now, implementing it later would have been more work.

I also plan to even a bigger map, with maybe multiple hundreds of provinces.
>>
>>754267
Good luck Anon.
>>
>>620562
i can help with art if u need
>>
Intresting, bump
>>
>>757753
That'd be nice, if you have Discord, chatting there would be easier: https://discord.gg/5jbZHaDw

>>757818
Why interesting?
>>
>>757753
post it
>>
>>611117
Shiiit it's been almost 4 months since I posted this
>>
File: test.gif (152 KB, 300x300)
152 KB
152 KB GIF
Hopefully, the portraits aren't too horrible
>>
>>763525
Last time I was frequenting vst (spring) i saw this thread. vst is a cosy board
>>
>>763561
Indeed, I left the thread as is for days, came back and now made this reply without it even archiving.
>>
>>757846
bit late reply, can u send me link again
>>
>>766488
it is the same link...
>>
>>766548
expired4pn80
>>
>>767474
oh, right, I forgot to check the box of "never expire". This should be permanent:
https://discord.gg/3Yr6NcEgPn
>>
Neat looking thingy
>>
Since the beginning of this project, I have been bothered by the limited nature of doing one action per turn.

I have finally come up with a solution, but I don't know when it will be implemented.
The idea would be to use knights as agents, so that number of knights you have determines how many actions per turn you can do, as long as you can afford to do all the actions.
>>
File: 345.png (941 KB, 1253x982)
941 KB
941 KB PNG
I need some honest answers, I'm thinking about replacing the provinces with city-centric GUI, so instead of polygons covering the map the game would be played over a graphical map and instead of conquering provinces, there would be different color dots indicating who control the settlements.
>>
>>772475
i prefer the polygons
>>
>>772699
I can see why anyone would. I just think settlement approach has more potential dynamism.
Like new settlement could be born between two major cities, or wiped out as result of raiding.
>>
File: 1.gif (10 KB, 142x142)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
>>774055
forgot pic
>>
Bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.