[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 135 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: songs of syx.jpg (232 KB, 1280x720)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Ive fallen in love with this recently
>>
>>605158
I enjoyed it too.
Waiting for dev to roll out world interactions update to play it again
Among the pros of the game i would point out extremely comfy visuals
>>
>>605158
tell me more
>>
>>605158
Bumperino
>>
>>605158
Just spent the last two days playing this and thought it was very well designed. Gameplay, visuals and music so far check all the right boxes. Excited to see what else the dev introduces into the game
>>
>>605158
go off of what?
>>
>go off
Stop talking like a nigger
>>
>>605158
>>605280
>>605496
>>606552
>>606601
shills
>>
>>605158
shieeet nigga dis b lit yo
>>
>>610023
fuckin KILLED IT
>>
>>605158
The "let me swing by your place a couple of times a week" kind of love or "I'd like you to meet my mother" kind of love?
>>
>>605158
Go off where?
>>
>>610288
essentially the only DF2 knock off to be something more then just
>build
>craft
>city sim

it has a pretty good happiness system and its innovate with how craft trees work.

Right now my main issues with is just how hard as balls the start off combat is and some unfinished gameplay areas like overlays and the world map.

If you're not convinced on it Id just wait out a full release but so far its the only fantasy world builder ive really enjoyed since Gnomoria died
>>
>>605158
watched someone else play this, looks pretty comfy and larger scale than rimworld
>>
>>605158
>Go off
Well I don't want to play a game that has rotten, so no thank you.
>>
Looks nice. Not sure how it'll play. Trying it rn.

>>610016
According to Steam it has an "Unlimited" demo, so I'm not sure exactly what they supposed to be shilling.
>>
>>605158
Yet another game where the ui is dogshit and the tutorial is nonexistent
>>
>>613798
Just like DF I guess.
>>
>>613798
>tutorial

What is it with the IQ80 people and their need for tutorials? I get it if there's some obscure mechanics but this game is some settlers tier complexity. If you can't grok it you should probably be coloring books with crayons.
>>
>>614182
If your game requires me to read a wiki then I refuse to play it
>>
>>605158
I liked it when I played awhile ago, but there was at least one major problem. The shit sfx were way too loud and overpowered everything. It's was really obnoxious to be looking at my palace, and have constant shit sounds from the hundreds of peasants.
>>
>>614219
There's nothing in this game that requires reading a wiki.
>>
>>614228
>It's was really obnoxious to be looking at my palace, and have constant shit sounds from the hundreds of peasants.
Wait there's poo? Big if true
>>
>>605158
Are there any DF knockoffs that have the ability to break dogs apart and twist the arms off of 8 year olds like DF, let alone adventure mode?
>>
>Just realised you can change the size of objects you place with the Q and E keys.
Fuck me, the game should tell you these things. Having a tavern with 16 tables dedicated to a single person each is no good.
>>
Thinking of getting this. Any good intro videos that teach how to play the game? I don't want what happened to >>616322 to happen to me.
>>
>>610016
I pirated the game anon....
>>
>>616417
The Demo includes the whole-ass game with no restrictions, why would you even need to pirate?

>>616380
Game has a simple tutorial explains the most absolute basic of stuff.

>You can maximize the size of rooms so that they require the least amount of workers for the most efficiency available. Essentially, try and get the least amount of necessary workers in a room and then expand from there with how many other objects you need to reach 100% efficiency with the smallest rooms.
>Wild Edibles (wild mushrooms, wild fruits, wild grains, etc) are a good source of early game food for when you still don't have your first farms going.
>Cutting down trees is an easy, non-renewable way to get wood. If you want a more permanent renewable source you'll need to place a Woodcutters outpost in a highly forested area.
>Other resource gathering points like woodcutters exist (quarries, fishing outposts, mines etc) and can be useful to automate the collection of most resources. From what I've seen a lot of resources that you'd expect them to be are non-renewable (stone ends up depleting, so think about that).
>You get messages and alerts on the top middle of the screen, right side of the time speed controls.
>Time speed controls are also 1,2,3,4 on the keyboard.
>It's very slow to dig into the mountain compared to DF, specially without the proper tools.
>Tools massively increase the productivity of workers in certain rooms, but tools are expensive and take time to make. They can be assigned per room/industry in the room panel of each room (when you click on them) make sure to slowly build up how many tools each worker on each industry gets so that you're not left with a scarcity.
>To call in more Immigrants click on the portrait of each race on the right side of the screen, Cretonians are good farmers and Dondorians are good miners/industry workers (humans/dwarves, or so).
>Immigration is tied to happiness, increases exponentially with pops

That's all I've learned so far.
>>
>>616454
>why would you even need to pirate?
just for the more up to date version, but you are correct in that there isn't much need to do it.
>>
>>616454
Thank you anon. Are you enjoying any particular game settings?
>>
>>616473
I'm nowhere near close to where they might do any effect on gameplay, but.

>Size Determines the size of the overworld map. I think is small is suitable since the world seems large enough already.
>Latitude affects the climate and weather you'll see in the overworld map's regions. Normal has a bit of all three types of climates. I recommend normal so you can see all climates and learn their pros and cons.
>Population selects which race will be your main source of pops in your city. Cretonians are good farmer, vegetarians, not so good at fighting and like wooden houses. Dondorians are good Miners, like protein (meat, fish, mushrooms (mushrooms must be grown inside a building or underground)), good fighters and have long lifespans.
>Population determines the amount of fauna in your town's map.
>I don't know what exactly changes Raids, since I've never seen one.

A lot of stuff has a wiki entry for lore and some gameplay info

Make sure to check what each region exels at when placing your capital. Bonuses on the map can be seen depending on the region and exact location you embark on. Once you settle the world will be automatically filled with circumventing nations with several regions to their names, but I've not developed enough to see it have any gameplay effect on me yet.
>>
>>616454
Trade is the most important thing in the game, you can't do everything yourself without being a bit lucky with the land AND spending decades building up.
One trade depot will handle all the export you need (for my world pelts are expensive and I'm flush with wildlife, so one large hunter's lodge made me hundreds of thousands) because you assign crates like warehouses.
You need one import depot or whatever its called (the pot with the red arrow pointed towards it) per each kind of item you want to import, size it based on how much you need, I started out with the smallest and it seems enough to last for the more advanced goods at least.
Then click on your money in the top left to bring up the trade menu and set your buy/sell limits for each item you want to trade.

I went from only having not enough rocks & wood, plenty of foodstuffs and fur, with a small amount of furniture and pottery being made to stocked with everything except expensive shit I don't need yet like jewelry, gems, and the special ore.
>>
Does the latest patches have keyboard shortcuts? I tried the demo and the UI is terrible
>>
>>616454
>Cutting down trees is an easy, non-renewable way to get wood

New trees spawn though. Or atleast I end up chopping down a few saplings now and then from already cleared areas.
>>
>>605158
does the nobles and slaves change anything?
what nobles does exact?
>>
>>619857
Apparently they work as overseers for each industry/production type, making them more efficient?
You also need a particular amount of Nobles to obtain higher ranking titiles.
>>
>>619941
>Nobles actually have mechanical benefits and aren't just useless pieces of shit who demand luxuries
never gonna make it
>>
>>613287
The demo is several versions back and even less playable.
>>
>>616579
>Trade is the most important thing in the game, you can't do everything yourself
Which, while "realistic", is kinda bullshit for this type of game.
>>
>>620765
I like it. Total autarky is silly and lets you ignore trade in 99% of cases. Plus in SoS you can eventually expand large enough to acquire those things.
>>
>>610288
Colony survival game that focuses on scale over detail, basically. It strattles the line between city builder and colony survival, which is neat.
>>
Around 2.5k people now and damn this game is actually kind of crazy in how well it simulates city growth. My original city center is basically a hellhole that needs to get Haussmann'd because I underestimated how much road width I'd need in the future (while collision isn't a problem, light, awe, law enforcement, and harmony boosting roadside structure placement is).
My first canteens and eateries were close enough to warehousing to keep up, but now I'm finding that I need to build attached "fridge" warehouses with Fetch enabled for coal/foodstuffs for my chefs to have a hope at keeping up with demand. I also unlocked regional taxation, and while the game helpfully says there's no point in not putting it at 100% right now, managing the massive increase in food would have been a nightmare if I didn't keep my trade area open for future development, I've got two of the biggest import depots surrounded by 3 warehouses with something like 180 crates total just to try and contain all the food.
While the structure design is kind of clunky (it'd be nice to be able to edit multiple blueprints at once for attached structures like dorms to lavatories/bath houses and canteens to warehousing)
>>
>>621087
An in-game blueprint portfolio would be really nice to have.

Do you actually get attacked at 2k people?

I've gotten to 300pops just now and I've yet to interact with other factions outside of trading and buying some stuff.
>>
>>621180
Currently you start to get attacked at 400.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (77 KB, 658x304)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>605158
>>
>>621210
Isn't DF still technically in early access?
>>
>>621219
Never played it and never will
>>
>muh early access
This is about as retarded these days as being against digital games
>>
>>621487
>0.02 steam shekels have been added to your account
>>
>>621641
Sweet another card must have sold
>>
>>621641
Not him, but Digital games don't exclusively mean Steam's DRM-locked games.
There's also GoG.
>>
>>605158
wtf is DF2?
>>
>>616579
This is not true.
You can make everything except gems by the time you hit 200 pop, unless your start doesn't have ore/coal.

Also, in my world everything is worthless except tools and gems, going for some kind of trading strategy would be miserable.
>>
>>622221
Apparently you can't start without anything either, you're guaranteed shitty deposits of everything, with better deposits based on the region.

If you have a good world for it though, trade is massive.
>>
why the fuck is my library showing "insufficient workers" when i literally have 10+ idling people
>>
>>621219
DF predates early access. Early access was invented as a concept to describe games that were imitating the DF model but worse.
>>
Unlike other colony sims this can be actually difficult
My city has entered starvation spiral because of poorly designed supply chain and 2000 people died
>>
>>623399
nice, so command economy simulator?
>>
>>624023
more or less
>>
File: City.jpg (3.5 MB, 2649x2666)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
>>605158
R8 my city so far.

Mostly making money by selling Iron.

Also I am certain that there's a bug that makes it so that fauna doesn't reproduce, because I've not hunted anything in 30 or so years and yet every single wild animal eventually died off, so now I've no way to get pelts.
>>
File: CityFull.jpg (3.91 MB, 6144x6144)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB JPG
>>625216
The full map view. Pic is pretty compressed.
>>
>>625216
>fauna don't have realistic reproduction mechanics
dropped, this is the one thing I am extremely autistic about in games that feature hunting
>>
>>625588
You can create pastures and they'll reproduce that way, but "livestock" is literally an item like "metal bars" or "wood" is.
>>
>>625588
They supposedly do. I found a discussion between some guy and the dev on Steam about the wild fauna having a bug where they don't reproduce and eventually all die-off of age, and the dev supposedly fixed it, but I find the very same problem in my game, so I don-t know what the fuck what.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1162750/discussions/0/2997674076196138956/
>>
>>605158
Is this the game which features HIGH BEAVERS?
If not then thats a deal breaker.
>>
>>626616
No, that's the other one, the one that is pretty much only planet generation at the moment. You could always mod them in however, it's not hard to do.
>>
why is the time display like that?
>>
>>626616
don't bring him here you fucking retard
>>
>>605158
Rimworld with HardcoreSK mod
>>
>>605158
Thanks for making me notice this little gem
>>
>Krull attacks me
>Muster troops after the scouting report
>Win easily
>Send troops home
>Happiness plummets across the board, even in species that I don't use in the military
>Normally recover pretty quickly and continue growing
>This time the attack corresponded with a die off/aging out of population
>-500 laborers after deaths and emigration
>Happiness keeps falling, no new immigrants, even the ~300 enemies I enslaved after victory aren't helping
>Slaver finally arrives and I buy another 300 slaves, things start stabilizing
>KRULL IS BACK and I still have ~300 less free citizens than before the last attack, happiness still not at 70%

send help
>>
>>628263
Did you bury the bodies? You not only need graveyards and crypts for your settlers, but also mass graves for the corpses of enemies and those that can't fit in cemeteries and crypts.
>>
>>628268
damn I thought mass graves were just an early game option not something you actually needed
>>
>>627432
TOO LATE! BEAVERS! IT HAS GOT TO HAVE HIGH BEAVERS! BEAVERS BEAVERING LIKE...LIKE....FUCKING BEAVERS! GODDAMMIT! HIGH ONES!
>>
>>628310
Build enough mass graveyard space for all the corpses and you'll see your dudes dragging them off to throw them in the pit. I think your happiness issue should be gone then.
>>
>>626195
Are you playing the demo? That's several versions behind.
>>
>>623114
please respond
>>
>>628555
No. Playing the current version of the full game (0.57.23) and fucking wild beasties still won't breed.
>>
>>628951
>>623114
Is the worker slider in your library actually moved to allow for people to work there?
>>
>>623114
>>628951
If you have empty spots at the library change worker priorities by clicking on the laborers in the top left.

I'm not sure how it works exactly but I THINK it works like this:
>The main work priorities (click on the arrow) are the base level, you want people to make sure X is highest priority etc
>The per-race work priorities (click on the face) modify the base priorities - I want food to be focused on but send the pink dudes to their favored farms and the white dudes to their ranches
>Slave priorities (click on the chain) override the racial priorities, or perhaps work on top of them I dunno

Be careful though because you can fuck yourself if key services like janitors end up unstaffed due to priorities.
>>
Aurora 4x, too lazy to post an opinion
>>
the fucks a high beaver
>>
>>630087
while I commend you for being the first one to answer OP's thread quetsion, I don't really see how that's a DF-like city builder
>>
>>623353
early access became a thing because of minecraft, not DF
>>
How do I into housing? I tried making flat houses for every person in my village but then I discovered my entire labour force was preoccupied with maing beds all day. Is it just better to make a dorm?
>>
>>632335
And Minecraft became a thing because of DF.
>>
>>632705
Yes. Dorms and dining halls are the most efficient. Aside from bedrooms, normal (non-noble) dwarves don't need any of their rooms to be private.
>>
>>632705
If you let the flat houses auto employ they tend to only employ 2-6 people based on the size, round about 1 person per 15 beds or so.
>>
>>632859
>round about 1 person per 15 beds or so
imagine living in such luxury
>>
>>614246
There is a standard test for it.
Go give a game to your mother. If she can't play it, the game needs either a tutorial, manual or a wiki. Last time I saw a competent manual for a strategy game, Steam wasn't a thing yet.
>>
File: 1622568614526[1].png (52 KB, 532x512)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>632897
>Last time I saw a competent manual for a strategy game, Steam wasn't a thing yet
>>
>>605158
hows it different from dwarf fortress / rimworld?
>>
>>605158
lately i feel like i've just been buying the same game over and over again. whats different about it?
>>
>>632980
digital dancing, hey this is fun
>>
>>632978
>DF
not a full proc gen world generator or detailed creature sim, 10s of times the citizens
>Rimworld
not a 'story generator', 100s of times the citizens

Songs of Syx is better compared to Sim City (with the addition of a simple but fitting army system) than it is to Rimworld or DF. For perspective, the final throne level is reach at around 10k population, and that isn't the pop cap (iirc the dev said he got up to 35k "playable" on a laptop)
>>
>>633232
>Songs of Syx is better compared to Sim City
can you zone areas and people will build appropriate buildings on their own?
>>
>>610307
Mum
>>
>>633915
You do build a city yes, in greater detail than Sim City even.
>>
File: file.png (59 KB, 337x380)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
what's the deal with clay?
A single pottery workshop, the smallest one consumes 18 and this thing can't keep up.
>>
>>634712
Yeah that's something that the dev said wanted to change, you basically have to cherry pick the biggest deposits instead of choosing the low-yield ones, as the people go towards a random deposit instead of always prioritizing the biggest one; or something like that.
>>
>>634415
answer my actual question you shill nigger
>>
>>634712
It's about the density, as you can see by hovering the most there.
Some deposits are denser than others, meaning you need less people to output the same amount of resources from the deposit compared to less dense ones. Initially is best to go for the densest parts of a deposit and assign your workers there for efficiency in your pops, then expand to the least dense areas once you are higher in the tech tree.

It might just be more cost-effective to simply buy clay if it's cheap enough and dedicate the pops that you'd have used on claypits to potteries and such. I source a lot of my raw materials elsewhere and with efficiency tech upgrades make them into furniture, paper, pots, alcohol, etc that I can sell at a higher price.
>>
>>635488
>I source a lot of my raw materials elsewhere and with efficiency tech upgrades make them into furniture, paper, pots, alcohol, etc that I can sell at a higher price
based metropole
>>
>>633915
No, you have to order the building of the districts yourself.
You pick out a district or building, then you lay out the design for it and your villagers build it for you. If you design your districts well expanding is easy, as there is a copy building function.
>>
File: file.png (390 KB, 413x310)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>625216
as an anno player this blows my mind, i didn't even consider diagonal roads were possible.
>>
>>609994
Who do you think niggers learned to speak English from?
>>
>>629149
Same. I built my economy around leather exports and I'm fucked now
>>
>>640112
Too bad it isn't the animals getting fucked.
>>
>>640112
My economy crashed after I killed every single animal on the map. I couldn't keep importing food and hundreds died.
>>
High Beavers
>>
>>640478
Yeah. I was exporting around 700k in leather, 500k in various imports. Animals disappeared all of a sudden, economy got brutally destroyed since my export value dropped to peanuts

I'm redoing my research atm. I'm in a warm client, so I can't export mushrooms (highly profitable). Will have to make do with exporting gems/jewelry
>>
>>640504
warm climate*
>>
>>640504
what will you do when the gems run out
>>
>>640520
Cry and restart in cold climate. Almost all of the other manufactured goods have too low prices. You need to build some China-esque industrial zones with thousands of workers to make serious money with pottery or clothing. Fucking dev, leather was just troll bait
>>
>>640544
Is it profitable in your world to import metal, and then just turn it into tools/battlegear to sell
>>
>>640562
Thought about that, but haven't tried it yet. On paper, mushrooms should be the easiest way to max out margin and grow very quickly
>>
>>610016

oh no! someone tried to shill a game they liked on a videogame board!! oh no!! We are supposed to emotionlessly discuss the games not enjoy them!
>>
File: murder city.png (21 KB, 307x270)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
damn this game caought me off guard
>>
File: super_compressed2.jpg (3.56 MB, 3072x3072)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
Post towns
>>
>>642656
My town has a similar layout to yours, I think but I don't know how to start building into the mountain.
Mostly planning for the Cretonian pops to live outside while the Dondorians live inside the mountain, but first I have to set up the basic layout of the town, which I've mostly done to this point by following the natural formation of the mountain and going from there.

Now that I notice it, It'd be cool (if there won't be any Z levels) if the game had a layer system where Rooftops and mountain layers can be enabled and disable for visuals. Essentially, the inside of the mountain and of rooms are only visible when toggled or the cursor is over them.
>>
>>614219
filtered
>>
What's the point of having mountains if there are no z-levels?
>>
>>642727
Some pops have preferences to the shape and materials rooms should be made of (Cretonians prefer Circular rooms made out of wood, while Dondorians prefer Rectangular/Square rooms built into the mountain). There's also Stone and Grand Stone room materials, which are preferred by Cantor giants and such, and this helps make them happier overall, which improves your overhapp happiness and helps you increase your immigrant pop numbers, morale, reduce crime, etc.
Each pop type also has preferences to the type of jobs it prefers to do, as well as food, adornments and such.
>>
You guys sure love mountains
I'm a more of an open field/big coasts kind of person.

I hope docks and sailing get implemented into the game, I want to build a coastal merchant city a la Carthage, exporting vegetables and slaves
>>
>>642792
My first city was on the middle of two large rivers, it was pure kino. On the world map I even noticed trade boats traveling to/from/through my city, too bad there's no concept of that in the local map.

Ended up abandoning it for >>642656 because it had ~50% fertility or less basically everywhere except around two small lakes and very thin strips along the rivers as well as no decent resource nodes of any kind, and all of them but the stone were outside of the rivers basically on the map edge. My only significant food source was from taxation - which due to the region's fertility wasn't a ton in the first place - and local ranching which was rapidly taking up most of the map.
>>
How much does fertility affect yield? Should I be careful to build farms only on very fertile land?
>>
>>642918
I think Fertility literally Multiplies the total yield of the field during season.
You can increase the yield by 10% by digging enough canal tiles beside the field.

Depending on your Region some resources will have extra (I think double) yield than they would anywhere else, so Map Regions that have specialities for coal, vegetables, gems, etc will be twice as productive as regions with those resources that don't have the speciailization.
>>
Would someone explain tech to me? From what I gather you have to pay upkeep for the techs you've learned and then on top of it you need to earn enough tech to reach the following tiers. It compounds on risks to the point I ended up needing like 30 scholars just to unlock the distillery.
>>
>>643227
Not exactly. Basically, Scribes working in Libraries produce and store "Knowledge Points" in exchange for consuming paper.
Each Scribe Station you build can store 100 Knowledge points, and each station can employ 1 Scribe.

The thing is, Knowledge Points degrade over time, so you have to constantly be producing Knowledge points or else you'll have a total decrease in your overall points.

If your scribes cant keep the Knowledge production positive or at lease stable you will start losing knowledge points. If this happens and your points go into the negatives you run the risk of losing techs you've unlocked until you can get your points back up.
If you forget a tech you can always reacquire it later once you have the necessary points again.

>Available (What points you can currently spend on new techs).
>Spent (Knowledge points that are already being used to obtain new technologies, essentially these points are locked, allowing you to use the upgrades you obtained).
>Current (Total of Knowledge you have, Availabe and Spent).
>Capacity (The total amount of knowledge you can currently have).
>Frozen (When you willingly forget a tech the points you used to unlock it become temporarily frozen and slowly are made available to you over time).
>>
>>643653
>>643227
It's not usually cost-efficient to spent Knowledge on
techs that aren't worth your time.
For example, unless your Region has a Wood fertility and plenty of trees to cut down it's not worth it to spend tech points on Woodcutters when they could be used in more useful techs, like improving your mines if your Region has Iron/coal fertilities and tons of the recources.
>>
Is it possible to survive a desert start?
>>
>>642714
>>642656
Where do you resize/compress your images?
>>
I'm going to mod a guard post that has stone tiles instead of dirt road tiles
>>
File: 4454.png (1.06 MB, 1920x1041)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>644156
I use the program Paint.net.

I simply save as .jpg with Save as and when saving it allows you to set the level of compression of the image, with total file size of the resulting image already calculated so I can know which ones I can post here.
>>
>>644224
Thanks, I will post my schizotown when I get home
>>
How do you deal with far-off resource deposits very early on? Trying my hand at this for the first time and want to make pottery to then make proper meals through an eatery. Should I just start fresh and plop my throne down in a less retarded place with resource deposits close by? I focussed on soil fertility and forest proximity and kind of ignored the deposits at the start, so now nearly all of them are far, far away, including clay.
>>
>>645285
You build a little rural towns on top of or near the deposits disconnected from your main city, that's how I do it, then I just haul resources where they need to be used
>>
>>645285
Oh, those little towns look a bit developed, but, I created them almost a year or two after the start of the game, and that's very early game IMO.
>>
>>621219
well it sure ain't a finished product
>>
>>645314
>>645306
That is very early. Thanks for the feedback, will give it a shot tomorrow.
>>
File: Storage.jpg (144 KB, 1324x772)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
You can set up a warehouse to "Fetch" resources from other places and they'll send their workers to obtain whatever resources you've selected from other Storages that do not have "Fetch" for that particular resource enabled.

With this, you can essentially make storages specialized in food and place them right beside Canteens, Eateries, Taverns so that your cooks and waiters have to walk the least amount needed to get what they need, which also allows you to make them more efficient without hiring as many people.

This is also useful with industrial production lines, so those near tailors there's a storage that fetches pelts and cotton and were all of the resulting clothes and midline materials are stored.
>>
>>645543
I kneel central planner Chad
>>
>>645543
I've been creating mini-warehouses inside the buildings themselves with fetching enabled. One in each production building.
>>
File: super_compressed3.jpg (3.52 MB, 6144x6144)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB JPG
>>645543
For me, its Haulers, no fetching only Send To.
Mini-warehouses with just 6 crates nearby farm fields to reduce field spoilage that send to larger general warehouses (which have extra food storage near farming areas, extra ore storage near mines etc). Hauling points for foodstuffs and input materials are placed right outside the service/industry building.

Spoilage isn't an issue for food because a hauling point can only hold 96 items and a busy canteen/eatery will plow through that quickly (and, thanks to auto employ, the system tends to balance out in general for less trafficked eateries) and doesn't appear to occur for general raw materials, or at a rate slowly enough for 96 materials to be used up first.

By the way, 4 thickness walls will stop most noise and 5 thickness walls will basically stop all noise. Sadly doors (of any strength) don't seem to block noise at all.
Another thing I just learned: The "Extra Costs" for too-large structures also includes extra decay rate, and the penalty gets quite high if you use no internal walls so its well worth it to minimize yellow squares.

My village is now a pottery town thanks to finally learning how to properly exploit veins and becoming flush with clay, hitting the 1k pop level and getting taxation (50% veg and 50% fruit from my fertile farming region of 24k pop for about 1k a day each) led to becoming a boom town and hitting around 1.8k pop within a few years. Exploitation of the ~75% coal vein in the south is now fully underway, resulting in focusing all of my trade efforts on importing cheap iron ore and the construction of large new smithies on the north side of the town center.
>>
I can't tell from the store page or screenshots at all does the game have z-levels or is it all flat pane?
>>
Am I the only one who tries to not build all square rooms?
Most of my buildings are kind of an L, with other industry integrated in the Same building with a small warehouse inside.
This way looks very aesthetic and natural, like semi planed but not grid maxxed
>>
>>645601
No Z Levels.
>>
>>645638
I really should go non-grid since the Roundness happiness bonus for Cretonians is actually pretty notable. Round wooden structures out on the farmland for Cretonians and square mountain digouts of manufacturing for Dondorians would be both maximizing and aesthetic.

My next city (probably after the next update) will be built purely with the Ellipse and Line (set to building width) tools, as I didn't even realize they existed until well after I started my second city.
>>
>>645660
So much for my digging autism. Game looks pretty good regardless though.
>>
>>645689
On the other hand, the game can (apparently) handle cities of up to 35k pops, and battles of 20k vs 20k soldiers. At least that's what devs seems to have soft capped the potential NPCs on the map to, but I think it can be changed in a file.
>>
>>645285
For early eateries, just buy finished pots. Eateries don't actively use them, they're only used in the construction.
>>
>>605158
Why does this game have stone mines and logging camps when you can just pick that shit up off the ground and chop down trees?
>>
>>647604
Not sure about the stone mines, but I think the logging camps re-plant trees so you don't completely kill off your forests.
>>
>>647604
you can chop mines forever unlike mountains/rocks
>>
How do I assign specific species to a job? I can't figure it out.
>>
>>648573
Go to the labor screen and click on the head. It's not a hard forcing but you can give them per race (and per race, slave) priorities on top of the base work priorities, I imagine you could force it by deactivating the job you want them to take and some jobs you want to move them from.
>>
File: 1619853342356.jpg (9 KB, 225x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>626616
>>628315
>>
This game needs better tool tips.
>>
How do I make a noble?
>>
File: 254.png (367 KB, 1464x958)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>648699
You can make your first noble once you reach the Title of Chieftain.
To Ennoble someone you click on any of your subjects and right below their Height score there should be a crown(?) shaped-icon, Clicking it allows you to choose what kind of Noble/supervisor you want them to be and then done.

Button will be obscured/greyed-out if you cannot currently make a noble.
>>
I agree this is one of the comfiest builders out there, I would compare it more to a Banished alike than Rimworld

1. how do you guys take wide pictures of your town?
2. map generation is kind of shit, 8 or 80 type of thing, how did you guys manage to get interesting maps?
3. its been a long time since I played too, any major updates?
>>
>>646843
but aren't you also limited trading at the start?

>>645285
also you can build those resource fetchers outpost so that they haul larger quantities across the map making it easier to build shit far away, and to also haul stuff far away to a central area
>>
>>649510
>1. how do you guys take wide pictures of your town?
In the upper right, there is a button for mega screenshots. The filesizes are way too big for here though so you will need to resize and crop it a bit to post it.
2. map generation is kind of shit, 8 or 80 type of thing, how did you guys manage to get interesting maps?
regen the map a lot until you find something nice
>>649510
>3. its been a long time since I played too, any major updates?
How long? The latest update added slaves, clay, some other shit. The upcoming update will add armies on the world map and battles away from your settlement
>>
>>649539
>In the upper right, there is a button for mega screenshots. The filesizes are way too big for here though so you will need to resize and crop it a bit to post it.
Do you know where the screenshot folder is? It says it saved the photo there, but I can't find it.
>>
>>649581
Start the launcher, click info, it shows you where the screenshot folder is. I changed mine so I dont know the default
>>
>>649539
>The latest update added slaves
Can slaves reproduce? Need to know if I can do a massa playthrough
>>
>>649847
No characters reproduce from what I've noticed.
in fact, at least in my game, not even wild animals reproduce. In fact, there are no subjects yet.

This seems to be a bug/not implemented yet since I think he dev he said they want to implement this eventually.

The only way to get new subjects is to take in new immigrants. Slaves can be enslaved after a battle, can be bought from a slave merchant or you can turn criminals in your town into slaves (you can decide which percentage of criminals are enslaved/executed/released after they serve their time in the Crime&Law tab).
>>
>>650093
>No characters reproduce from what I've noticed.

Wow. Early access is such cancer.
>>
>>650408
True, but the dev says they will reproduce in the future in different ways depending on race. Humans will be simple, just shit out another human occasionally. Other races will have specialized things like hatcheries, incubators, or some similar shit
>>
>>650419
>in the future

Oh, sure. In the future.
>>
>>650428
Slaves used to not be in the game, world map wasnt in the game, multiple races werent in the game, other nations werent in the game. There was a point when they would also be added "in the future"
>>
>>650428
What point are you trying to make here? A lot of the features were not in the game and now they are; the dev wants to dedicate special attention to reproduction, so it's not something he'll do on a whim.
>>
File: 1609598528429.png (308 KB, 664x750)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
lol?
>>
>>650831
>Not because I have any political agenda, just because it would be awesome if the fairer sex would feel at home and join the player base.
>"listen, i'm not virtue signaling or anything, but if i could just virtue signal for a little bit... also, i used the phrase 'fairer sex' so m'ladies (with or without feminine penis) you are now obligated to have sex with me"

>The subject itself is a can of worms.
>"men and women reproducing and having offspring is a can of worms"
>"this is how far detached from reality i am and how much social justice and social media have polluted my worldview"

Am I being rused?
>>
>>650845
>>"men and women reproducing and having offspring is a can of worms"
who are you quoting? Are you just willfully ignoring the part where he says he wouldnt want males and females without going all the way in a medieval world simulator?
The can of worms is that accurately portraying the role of medieval women will make twitter seethe
>>
File: 1621258773903.png (2.03 MB, 1334x750)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>
>>650854
>The can of worms is that accurately portraying the role of medieval women will make twitter seethe
Is it really though?
>>
>>650854
>medieval world simulator
Or it's a "fantasy city-state simulator" just like the logo says it is. So why do we need any accurate portrayal of women in a fantasy game?
>>
>>650886
>So why do we need any accurate portrayal of women in a fantasy game?
Because I hate women and it would make my comfy game even comfier.
>>
>>650890
>Because I hate women
So does the dev, apparently. The "fairer sex" must not treat him right.
>>
Desu, why do the game's gender roles need to mimic real life ones.
Dondorians are LITERALLY made by their god from holes in the ground and already fully grown and left to wander the world as they wish.
>>
In Syx how am I supposed to build buildings? I know you can automatically put walls around a workspace but thats inelegant to me.I come from DF. I'd rather build a large structure with doors and such but the way ingame of doing that doesnt work, you cant put doors over walls, deleting a piece of wall to build one results in a sideways door with no roof or floor, that is impassible. It's also a pain for connecting your warehouse up to workshops without them having to go outside and walk around, highly inefficient.
>>
>>650882
well that part is obvious, if its even making anons seethe...

>>650886
that's the point it seems, why put human males/females if not making them accurate, the alternative species is exactly for create distance from that notion

also, if talking about gender specific roles, this would indeed be very hard to code and could several balance issues later on
even talking about job suitability between different species can already be a pain in the ass to balance
>>
>>651556
yes you can do that and I do that a lot for my interconnected buildings, see >>649510
there are two ways you do this, and you can even mixed up for non-square rooms
first realize that "doorway" when making rooms are just a opening on the wall with a ceiling, the way I see it doors are still optional and you need can place wherever, just paying attention to the orientation
so you can either prebuilt a large building with wall separations and whatnot, and then fill up rooms how you wish, or you can make neighboring rooms that share walls and doorways, this is also how you make in between pillars to negate the large room penalties

>>649539
also thanks anon (the original anon you replied to)
I was already on the clay update, and yeah I was waiting on the realm thing because its probably gonna be a game changer
>>
>>651617
Thanks for the help. Are fires in the game? I would love to see a huge a huge nero style conflagration destroy my work
>>
>civilian gets stuck in the wall and dies
Based
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29 KB, 622x378)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>651782
No fires are in the game (obviously besides shit like hearths, lights, etc)
however, the dev redid the lighting fire effects in january. He said it was in preparation for fires ravaging your city. So we know that fires will be added at some point. Pretty sure I read from him or one of his moderators that criminals will be able to start fires. He is pretty active on the games shitcord.

Also, the update with world map armies, new ways of capturing regions, etc. is coming out later in the week according to him.
>>
How is the game so soulful and why couldn't the faggot who made Rimworld recreate the feeling? SoS is much closer to DF.
>>
>>652003
He set out to make a "story generator", instead of a deep simulator. He took a faggy shortcut and it inevitably made the game shit.
>>
>>650476
>>650506

EA shills are such fags. I'll not pay money for the promise of things to come in the future, give me a finished product or fuck off.

>>650831
Oh, now that's pozzed.
>>
>>652467
>shill
>when I try to explain how the concept of time works
I don't give a shit if you play the game or not, but if many of the features that were previously "in the future" are already in the game, what reason is there to think that won't be included when it is said he will include it? I wish people like you fucked off back to /v/ with your bait posts.
>>
Can you make a viable cannibal setup?
>>
SoS plays like a clunky piece of shit and the tutorial explains dogshit about how the mechanics work
>>
>>653533
Gee if only there was some kind of ingame manual that explains things
>>
>>653533
same as DF
>>
>>654228
>u no liek sing of sux
>this make feefees hurt
>i say i no liek thing i think u liek
kek?
Yeah, DF is a piece of shit just like Songs of Shyt and Rimjob, but at least it's not charging money.
>>
File: Go Back.jpg (29 KB, 254x502)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>654448
>>
>>654481
>so btfo he can only respond in memes
>>
>>653533
The only clunky part is building construction, and that only lasts until you realize that buildings are only made of two things "walls" and "ceilings". All the helper tools, as useful as they are, hide this sadly.
>>
>>654493
>comes into a game thread
>shits it up,
>thinks his opinion matters
>complains about meme
>but talks like a meme
/v/ is way over there
>>
>>654539
>still mad
>>
>>654539
>defending "woke" garbage
>bitching about shitposting while shitposting
/v/ is way over there
>>
I hate election tourists so goddamn much
Stop shitting the thread with your bullshit, go away
>>
File: 1598926623050.jpg (29 KB, 254x502)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>654562
>>
>>654228
>comes into a game thread
>shits it up,
>thinks his opinion matters
>complains about meme
>but talks like a meme
/v/ is way over there
>>
>>605496
Indian toilet building simulator
>>
>>605158
I don't understand how trade works in this game.
>>
>>655089
>build a trade depot and set goods for export
>goods are automatically sold, making you money
>build different kind of trade depot and set good to import
>only one per depot, build several to get different things
>goods are automatically bought, costing money
It's weird, but ultimately pretty simple.
>>
>>655100
Where is money stored/shown?
>>
>>655104
In the balls
>>
File: 2021-06-22 (5).png (2.91 MB, 1440x810)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
>>655100
>>
>>655115
this is my little village. it doesn't have much yet, it took forever to get enough furniture for the dormitories.
>>
>>655117
I don't understand the import export menu / interface. Why do i need space in my trade depot to import things? I thought thats what the delivery depot was for..
>>
>>655104
Upper left, the little coin symbol between the sword and the pot.
>>
Here is my super screenshot of my last game

>>655115
>>655100
and here is what I like to do, a big "center square" for trading, should be optimally in between crossroads and next to big warehouse, however, you could simply do trade depot next to the warehouses that need them
>>
>>655100
>>655104
>>655111
>>655169
Not that ANon, but I think what I find confusing about the whole trading thing is when exactly is money taken/deposited from your coffers, since it doesn't seem to be when the traders reach the depots. Is it when they enter the map?
It's very confusing, since your actual money doesn't seem to match the quantity of goods traded, so sometimes I'm not sure if the thing is working or not even though I see traders coming in day and night.
>>
>>655762
I think money is changed when the trade is made, that is, when like the making of an order/transaction, then the caravan takes some until reaching the deposits to get/put resources
not sure if that is exactly when the trader appears in the local map

its also worth noting that the overworld mechanics are yet to be implemented, so we'll have to wait and see how it will turn out
>>
How far along is the game? Is relatively complete in that it doesn't feel unfinished when you play?
>>
>>655858
The only part that feels obviously incomplete is the overworld stuff, which is part of why he's working on that now. For example, the game straight up tells you to tax your provinces at 100% because there's no penalties related to that yet.

>>655142
The menu of trade goods is just setting what you would like to restock up to when you're under and sell down to when you're over. IIRC it defaults to always sell and always purchase or something, which isn't too bad when you look at the rest of the system.
To actually sell things you build the trade depot and assign storage space in it for what you want to sell.
To actually buy things you build the import depots and assign the good you want to arrive there to it.
Each structure you build and assign items to will try to carry out trade for those items according to the trade menu - but of course you need to get money first to be able to buy stuff so a trade depot comes first. I think you only need trade depot workers to haul goods to it but I'm not sure about that.
>>
Guys I need some help
>Why is my stone mine output so low(+0.15)?
>How do I deal with maintenance eating up my precious resources?
>Is it possible to increase land fertility?
>Why can't I build a pasture that gives leather?
>Can I get some beginner tips?
>>
>>655100
>>656067
When is the caravan supposed to come? i have 60k credit but no one is showing up.
>>
>>656271
I would like to add another question to the ones I asked earlier.
>Is it possible to increase the fish rate beyond 75%?

>>656281
Based on my observation, after selecting the goods you want to import, it will send a caravan out from the depot. After that you need to wait. How long I do not know.
>>
File: Map Genration.png (1.49 MB, 1920x1080)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>656271
This game needs far better documentation and tooltips with how many mechanics it has.

>>Why is my stone mine output so low(+0.15)?
Could be several things.
>You don't have as many workers assigned to the Quarry as you could.
>Your deposit density is too low. Smaller quarries placed on more dense concentrations of stone are more efficient. this is true also for other deposits, like clay, coal and ore.
>Your tech level is too low to ensure the amount of stone you want to produce. Research higher tier Mining technologies.

>>How do I deal with maintenance eating up my precious resources?
Make smaller rooms without yellow tiles or use support walls.
Research higher-end Maintenance technologies for efficiency.
Do not make unnecessary expenditures on adornments until you can afford to maintain them.

>Is it possible to increase land fertility?
Farming technologies make farms more productive.
You can also build canals (water tiles) near farms to give them a 10% productivity boost. An 8x16 tiles farm should get the 10% Bonus with 8 canal tiles beside it.
Settle on a region with warmer climate for more productive farms.
>Make sure that your farmers don't have to walk so much from their farms to whatever other places they must go to ensure they can complete 100% of their daily tasks on the farm before the day ends.

>Why can't I build a pasture that gives leather?
You settled on a region that Disables the Auroch Pasture, This occurs because the Region's climate is incompatible with the livestock (or crop) you want to raise.
You have to make sure to check the climate of the region when you settle as right below you can also rooms are disabled because of it.
>Cold climates can handle mushrooms and Auroch pastures, but not opiates, cotton or Globdien pastures.
>Temperate climates have the least troublesome climate, but cannot handle Auroch Globdien, Opiates or mushrooms.
>Warm climates can handle Globdien and Opiates, but not Auroch, Mushrooms or Onx.
>>
>>655115
>Those tiny latrines.
Press Q or E when blueprinting an item to decrease or increase its size. This can be done with most items in the game, and it's very useful sine it allows you to maximize the amount of workers/services a room can provide for the least amount of space, as well as making some room variety, and allowing for some really cramped setups.
>>
>>616615
You faggots are never pleased
>>
>>656281
On the trade menu you can click on the price of each good, import or export, to see who is buying/selling and how long the caravan takes. I do not know if or how that impacts how often you send/receive caravans however. You can see them traveling on the world map (including between other states), of course you have to learn the map first to know where to look.
>>
File: 1618707506410.jpg (11 KB, 195x175)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
how the fuck do you design a city

whats the logical arrangement of warehouses, fields, houses, eateries, baths, various workshops and how do you still fit in statues and hearths and stuff after all that
also is there even a point to making your buildings have walls
>>
>>656346
Thanks man. I do agree with the game sorely needs its internal documentation for explaining all the shit in it.

>the mines
I gave up and rely solely on imports(and manual rock clearing). The whole process is just too expensive for me right now and its actually cheaper to import the goods directly instead of ores themselves. At least my agriculture is good enough to sustain itself but good lord I wish I am able to farm some mushrooms. Very profitable. Alas, its impossible in my current map.
>>
>>656588 (Hale Hortler)
Ancient cities almost always grew around a central temple complex, often fortified.
>>
How do I deal with having too many open jobs and not enough people?
>>
just gave the demo a crack. Seems pretty clunky...
>>
>>656674
It is, but it's also an earlier version of the game that hasn't been updated.
The base game still needs a lot of work before coming out of Early Access tho.
>>
File: U4132title132d.png (1.73 MB, 1920x1849)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>656588
>how the fuck do you design a city
See: >>645543
The idea is to use warehouse workers as long-distance resource haulers (they can carry more than other workers) taking and carrying things wherever they're needed while your regular workers should walk the least amount of distance possible.
>whats the logical arrangement of warehouses, fields, houses, eateries, baths, various workshops and how do you still fit in statues and hearths

>also is there even a point to making your buildings have walls
Walls reduce noise from industries, which helps prevent noise from industries from spreading and causing unhappiness.
Characters also prefer buildings to be the most isolated/walled as possible, and making these buildings/rooms out of materials and in shapes that their race prefer contributes to their overall happiness.
You can see race preferences and specialization in their happiness tab.
>>
is the latest 0.56.13 still?
I don't want to start a new city just to have to start over with the next version, so any expectation on when its coming?
>>
>>657355
next version is coming before the end of the month
>>
>nothing but farting sounds
>every where you go there is farting
>can never escape farting
if it weren't for that, i might buy the full thing
>>
I know Cretonians are supposedly humans but they look and feel a lot more like Halflings to me.
>>
>>657501
cretonians are not supposed to be a human analogue, because humans are just going to be in the game as humans
>>
>>657504
so humans aren't in the game yet? any idea when they will be introduced and what their stats/talents/whatever will be like?
i was considering picking up the game, but i'm a bit of an autist and almost solely play as human.
i always like to play white/human/American whenever i play games because i love my race/species/country, like to roleplay as it, and try to make my people the best in the in-game universe.
>>
>>657501
They're literally elves
>>
Is it possible to build bridges in this game? Can't seem to cross the deep waters.
>>
>>657602
Just build roads one tile at a time.
>>
>>657602
You can build ground over water, and then you can build roads over the ground.
>>
Update tomorrow apparently
>>
Just got raided by somebody. Goddamn, it was lame as hell. The whole experience was just awful. Plain awful.
>>
>>657673
>>657355
oh wow, good timing, keep us posted
>>
>>658037
Next version is 58 i think, we are at 57 which added slaves
>>
>>657874
I would expect being raided does feel like that
>>
>>657519
>almost solely play as human
based and not even autistic, fuck freakshit
>>
>>657504
On the steam page it mentions being able to play as either the Dondorians or humans so that's why I figured they were meant to be human. Makes more sense if humans are yet to come since some of the race's preferences didn't really make sense for humans in my opinion.
>>
Checked the betas, you can opt into v58 now if you want. No idea what the state of it is though.
>>
File: humans.png (707 KB, 999x758)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>657501
>>657519
Looks like Humans were just release in the new version actually.
>>
>>658414
Tell me about those bugs on the bottom
>>
I find the way the dev talks and how his mic quality is shit very endearing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJdNf9m6n7E&t=2s
>>
File: Untitled.png (798 KB, 1024x848)
798 KB
798 KB PNG
>>658440
Another new playable race
>>
>>658455
>reproduce naturally in hatcheries
Can you build hatcheries to make more of them?
>>
>>658414
>>658455
kinda lame they ended up adding hyumans tho
I thought the point was to steer away from regular races, along with female thing, just a fantasy setting where every race has it quirks
it should also make it easier to have mixed races as to fill in most suitable jobs
>>
>>657874
He is fully aware combat is dogshit, and has said that he wants to make it a good city builder before he overhauls the combat
>>
>>658455
>Chinese faction
>>
man somewhat unrelated, but I just found yet another Rimworld clone, but that might actually be good this time
focused solely on medieval times, I just build a couple wooden thatches, and am just building an underground storage to shelter perishables
>>
>>658822
What's the name
>>
So hows the update?
>>
>>658641
Dondorians are literally just dwarves by another name tho. They like meat and mushrooms, get high happiness from taverns and having sithilion ore stored in your warehouse, prefer living inside mountains over anything else, their god literally makes them out of mud and everyone thinks they just pop from rocks in flashes of light...
>>
>>658853
>>605158
Testing it RN.

https://youtu.be/FJdNf9m6n7E
>>
>>658831
>Going Medieval
sorry I was very sleepy last night
>>
File: hyu-mons.jpg (116 KB, 692x530)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>658641
>hyumans
>>
>>659188
you just gotta love genius that comes from autistic ass developers, with cheap microphones and god knows where engrish accent
>I'm old and its been very long
god bless him
>>
The game really needs some QoL stuff like copying warehouse settings and easier torch placement, but I guess those will come when all the big updates are out of the way
>>
>>659447

Space bar to pause pls dev if you read this
>>
>>605158
How complete is this and does it have magic?
>>
>>659389
Thanks, sleepy anon
>>
>>659797
It has fantasy races like 7 feet tall dwarves, blue giants vegetarian pacifist pink orcs, and bug people, as well as fantasy livestock. No magical elements as of yet tho.
>>
>>659886
>>659797
As for how complete it is, Dev is still constantly working on the game, and some things change from time to time.
There's an update coming before the end of the month apparently adding a whole Grand Strategy mechanic to the world map.
>>
Dev notes for V(ersion)58

Sorry for having kept you waiting. For three long moths I have added basic Civilization/Total war mechanics to songs of Syx. You can now sally forth and conquer your foes and do that which Conan the Barbarian loves so.

It is now available as a steam beta - V58 Beta. It will remain there until the bugs are sorted. I will try to keep it save-compatible during this time.
I lost tracks of the path notes the first month, but here is what I've got:

>Entirely new gameplay mechanics for the overworld.
>Space usage for sprites severely reduced, making it possible for more mods.
>UI for goods remade. Now merged with trade.
Inflation added. 10% of credits per year will be lost. Sorry.
>Treasury UI remade.
>New Happiness modifiers and fixed ones.
>Improved Pastures ability to deal with bad daily work.
>Made Lavatories modable
>Added some load information to services and heatmaps for access.
>Added dynamic yield for mines based on assigned workers.
>Added some kind of growth inside mountains, made mountain generation a bit better
>Races now have terrain/biome preference in addition to climate. MODDERS: added a TERRAIN clause for
animals. Added POPULATION clause to races.
>Fixed a lot of streaming issues, like discord. Just uncheck "debug" in the launcher, if it complains when you exit the game.
>Workshop rooms furniture improved.
>2 new races.
>3 new music tracks
>Price for leather fixed through a moddable thing in resource init files.
>Fixed CTD regarding monuments and smaller rooms.
>Added forums and a wiki to the webpage (well, community did really).
>Middle mouse button now grabs map.
>Knowledge cap now limitless
>Mines now produce according to employees and deposits, you can now build over bad deposits.
>Administration room, works as library to make admin points, used to upgrade regions.
>Rations and rationmaker
>Autosave & quicksave new UI
>Changed apartments to only need work every 4th use.
>>
Do you still need canals if your farms are bordering a river?
>>
>>660304
depends, water has a range that it fill up to, same for canals
I think they're pretty lame atm, I though you needed to derive canals from a available open-water, but apparently not, just anywhere you fucking want you carve out a bit of terrain and have a open water pool for them to bathe in
and btw, you can even extender suitable fishing grounds with this
>>
>>659937
>Inflation added. 10% of credits per year will be lost. Sorry.
inflation in a metal based coinage, I don't like that
>>
>>660304
No. Canals and water from rivers/lakes are pretty much the same thing. Just make sure that enough water tiles are touching the farm to fully give 100% of that 10% productivity bonus.

>>660327
Having canals be connected to water would make sense, but then you could just "cut off" the first section and go from there.
>>
Man, the game lacks content, but just allowing this type of building makes it already among the top tiers
>>
>>660627
is that the alamo-type building?
>>
This game looks kino as hell and seems right up my alley.
>>
>>660328
then you shouldn't have conquered all those indians, pedro
>>
So, how do you actually make farms not shit? I already have irrigation and research and am still low on any food other than meat.
>>
>>661003
Make more farms? It says somewhere, I think tutorial, that between 35% and 50% of your population should be into food production for you not to starve.
>>
>>660736
They forgot to put a doormat with "Please don't invade me" written on it.
So yeah, they had it coming.
>>
>>660627
no, its more like a town Haus kind of thing
first floor is going to be workshops, second a library, then I decided why not a basement for storage
>>
>>661031
It's alright now, I made bigger farms and now I especially got wheat out my ass
>>
>>628315
based and high beaverpilled
>>
Man, is coal one of the most important resources? I barely have any on my map and the ones I do have are extremely far away. Yet it seems like everything needs a steady stream of it.
>>
>>661875
Mining is slow as fuck, i just import it
Also fuck libraries half my city is books
>>
>>661875
You can eventually make a charcoal kiln, to make coal out of wood. It is probably better to just import coal near the start though
>>
>>661875
Just buy it
>>
>>621210
I bought it on itch.io a year before it was even in Steam.
>>
>want to be able to grow mushrooms for export
>want to be able to grow cotton for clothing and fabrics
>mushrooms only grow in the far north
>the far north is the only place cotton does not grow
fuck
>>
>>662881
You can raise Onx Livestock on the north and it will give you cotton and meat, tho.
>>
Dev needs to add an option for warehouses to accept goods in a specific range, so you don't have to keep setting them every time you build them
>>
File: opiates.png (84 KB, 214x336)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
Opiate farming is absolutely busted. I don't see a reason to produce anything else.
>>
>>665148
Now you're thinking like a true narco state.
>>
My humans are dying from heat exposure because I settled in the south to grow opiates, is there any way to prevent this
>>
>>665232
Allow their race to more than 1 item of clothing from the Race Tab. More Clothing Items means more Heat and Cold Resistance.

Build more Bathhouses and Wells for your subjects to refresh in or build near pools of water (or dig canals with water for them) where they can go skinny dip to cool off during their free time.
>>
would songs of syx be a good game for me if i'm shit at creating my own interesting long-term goals? i like when a game has easy to understand, pre-defined goals such as surviving as long as possible, conquering the world, etc. that's not to say i'm entirely retarded as i do like thinking through different approaches to reach various goals, but i simply have a hard time coming up with goals that are enjoyable to work toward.

for example, i like playing dwarf fortress, but once i set up my fort, find ores, equip my dwarves with weapons and armor, i seem to lose a lot of interest in continuing that fort as i don't have a clear goal of what to do next besides maybe wait for some big bad monster to attack me or wait for a siege.
i liked creating a factory in factorio as i had a clear line of progression ie building a rocketship, and once i completed that, i was able to somewhat transition into trying to eradicate as many bugs as possible. that got boring after awhile, but i imagine i could improve that experience by looking for various mods.
i've also played city:skylines before, but i didn't find that fun as i would simply generate a city layout that would generate the slowest amount of profit and then lose interest as i had already made a "successful" city.

if songs of syx isn't a city builder with pre-defined enjoyable long-term goals, can you recommend any please.
>>
>>665423
The recent update that's in beta right now adds overworld combat with the goal of conquering the map. Have not actually gotten that far so I can't speak to how good it is. Might be worth waiting in your case.
>>
>>665423
>>666213
It really has layers of goals too, you need to find a good starting area, make it livable, then exploit it properly, expand, militarize, grow, start trading, and then once you reach a steady state you have military logistics to handle so you can grow on the country scale and start bringing in more taxes.

Also maybe its a bug or something but it seems like science is capped by country-scale knowledge administration focus, so you literally have to expand on the country scale just to make your city's tech better.
>>
Hey, I know this might sound stupid, but what's the point of walls? Can you put troops behind it that will attack enemies? Are they used only to funnel enemy troops? I don't know if all battles are supposed to be line battles where both armies face each other and fight.
>>
>>668707
They just funnel enemies
>>
>>668892
Do enemies prioritize attacking gates instead of walls if they can't find a path? (as in, everything is walled in)
>>
>>668913
Gates/Doors dont do anything. If you wall yourself in, they will just break down the wall. They will pathfind through any openings they can (such as gates or just plain old open holes in the wall) towards the throne. If they cant find a path to the throne, they just draw a straight line to the throne, break down the first wall they see, and then try pathfinding to the throne again
>>
>>668918
>Gates/Doors dont do anything
Really? Not even slow down enemies? What are they for, then?
>>
>>668923
At the moment, nothing. I know in the future doors will be used for isolation/noise reduction.
Gates will probably just be like walls that the AI pathfinds through, and has to break down. That is just my guess though
>>
>>605158
Update 58 "Conquest" just dropped on the main version.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1162750/view/2966165443285843118
https://youtu.be/FJdNf9m6n7E
>>
>>670768
free version when?
>>
>>670829
Well, there-s the demo, but it-s not up to date.
>>
Plans for V59:
-Added support for more textures. Crazy content mods is no problem, and bigger fonts possible, such as Asian ones
-Changed mod structure, asset folder now has parent folder, named V0XX, where XX is the targeted main version. 0.59.0 becomes V059.
The game will pick the correct version based on version. If it can't find any, it will flag the mod as outdated.
-Mod init files can now contain invalid keys in some cases, such as the race files. It will produce error output if debug mode is on if you've specified a room or a stat that doesn't exist in your mod context.
-ExcludeVanilla.txt added in most init file folders, that allows you to exclude vanilla assets in your mod.
-New procreation rooms that lets you make new citizens. Breeder for cretonians, Nursery for men and Hatchery for Garthimis.
Requires food and work to produce children.
-Immigration now based on your kingdom population.
-Wonders for rare species added to the world map. these produce new individuals at a set rate.
-Children. Walks around and eats your food while contributing to nothing. Can also go to school
-Education, can be set to indoctrination, or education. Indoctrination increases your fear value. Education makes people more intelligent and increases your knowledge.
-Schools. Can only be used by children, increases education. Needs paper and labour.
-University. Can be set per species. Takes a year to complete studies. Same as schools, but more expensive.
-Philosopher. Can be enjoyed by citizens. Will produce a little knowledge.
>>
>>671913
-New stat: crowding. Based on the amount of collisions your subjects encounter.
-Disliking between species as a happiness modifier
-New feminine species
-More diverse species
-Riots. When a riot happens, a chunk of your population will become crazy and start vandalising and murdering (educated people first, then indoctrinated). Riots stop after some time. Guards kill rioters on site.
-Slave uprisings. Slaves no longer run away. If they're unhappy enough, they will stage an uprising and become enemies. If they reach the throne, they will steal a bunch of stuff and run away.
-Fear added as a major stat. Dread renamed to fear. Fear prevents riots and uprisings. Fear is multiplied with the size of your army and law. Fear is gained by monuments, executions and special rooms.
-Secret police. Will walk around finding potential criminals. Adds to law and fear.
-Hauler reworked. Is now a caravan that needs a Resource Pile to function. Hauler workers will fill the caravan, which will then move to the destination to unload.
-Resource Pile. A new kind of room that is free and can accept any kind of resource. Used by haulers, or by caravans when there is no import depot available.
-prolonged the work day. Subject will now work for 2 full days before their doubled leisure time. This is to optimise things and cut down on walking time. Leisure time can be experienced as longer in early game though.
-Trade price enhancements
All is subject to change of course, but it's as it is now in case it interests someone...
>>
>>671913
>>671916
Nice, can't wait to BREED.
>>
Is this game any hard beyond the early game?
>>
>>605158
5.8 torrent when
>>
>>672424
v59 when?
>>
File: 20210326183829_1.jpg (1.07 MB, 2560x1600)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
well, at least he died with dignity, like a rimworld pawn
>>
>>672450
>>
reminder to start the game in developer mode, spawn a few piles of resources, then turn off developer mode. Fuck the boring shit early game settling just skip straight to the decently sized village phase
>>
>>669831
bot do they break instantly?
I can imagine walls being a way to deter/slow down enemies
also, I rather see raiders stealing shit wreaking havoc instead of just beelining to the throne
>>
>>671913
>-New procreation rooms that lets you make new citizens. Breeder for cretonians, Nursery for men and Hatchery for Garthimis.
then how about a fuckery to let you breed humans?
>>
>>672759
They do not break instantly, the enemy has to beat on them for a while. Better walls last longer. In an older build, the AI formations couldnt really fit through my streets, so they were wrecking the buildings while pathfinding through my city streets. Broke into a bathhouse and dormitory, a few of the units from that formation then started navigating out of the buildings and killing my citizens along the way
>>
>>672809
forgot image
>>
>>671913
>>671916
I reckon this game will turn into one of the best games in its genre rivaling anno 1800 and emperor. Shit just getting better and better.
>>
>>616322
>>616380
literally just read the UI my niggas
>>
>>672759
>>672810
Is the game intended to have the fortifications be walkable?

it almost seems like Guard posts are intended to be an extention meant to put on walls and for guard to walk across them, but No such thing.

Also, no ranged weapons nor siege engines.
>>
>>672357
Krull curves pretty nicely to force you to constantly be expanding your city defense. Actually lost my last city on v57 to him after failing to expand my military.

>>671916
>Crowding
Oh man that's going to totally change city building. We're gonna need carriages at some point, caravans for people.
>>
>>672927
I havent read much about that from him. I know that he plans on doing a big combat overhaul, but first he wants to make a solid city builder. Once the city building is good enough to stand on it's own, he will do a combat overhaul which he has not said many details about.

Only notable things I remember are
>There will be at least 1 ranged weapon type
>He was THINKING about multiple weapon types, not confirmed though (shit like spearmen, swordsman, etc)
>when the game doesn't break savegame compatability every few months, AI cities that you attack will be made from player submitted cities
>>
>decide to import coal so I can run a bakery
>coal costs 35
>just buying bread costs 16
>>
>>673276
Prices are dynamically set depending on their world map, so I'm guessing there must be more bakeries than coal mines or charcoals out there.
Coal also has more uses,k like heating bathhouses and making iron for weapons and armour, so it's not just for bread.
>>
Can some fellow pirate upload the bulk of the game somewhere, my source still doesn't have the latest v0.59, it usually lags behind but who knows when...

>>673276
also, you can make charcoal, and fuel is usually used at lower ratio then main resource

>>672809
sounds gool, that's exactly what I expected them to work, what needs now is defensive structures that give an advantage and siege weapons to counter them
>>
>expand my dungeon since it filled up
>expanding the room freed all the prisoners
>crime rate shot up from 3% to 46%
>>
>>673276
That one piece of coal is giving you like 10 to 20 loaves of bread depending on your research and tooling. Of course you're not selling the bread either.
>>
>>673554
Buy the damn game it's 60% off you fucking poorfag
>>
It's always the food that gets me stuck in a population number. My map doesn't support really big farms and I can't really export anything because mining sucks an I need like 100 guys to get 50 stone in a year
>>
>>673952
Choosing where you start your city is actually seriously important. If you have no high quality (~70%+) veins of any kind, and not a lot of woodlands either (selling Furniture is also good money), consider restarting. You have to have an advantage in something so you can grow bigger than the land supports naturally.
>>
>>671916
>Riots. When a riot happens, a chunk of your population will become crazy and start vandalising and murdering (educated people first, then indoctrinated).
>Riots stop after some time. Guards kill rioters on site.

Class war? on my autist NOT-dwarf game?
Nice
>>
>>671916
>-Disliking between species as a happiness modifier
Isn't such a thing already implemented? The Cantor description says they don't like Humans, and the Dondorian description says they like waging war on that Evil god's worshippers, AKA Bugs.
Probably just flavor text until then.
>>
>>674027
Perhaps it was just that, a description(placeholder), but now it has been implemented as a game mechanic
>>
File: 60 percent off.png (24 KB, 627x114)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>673940
it's the same 24.99 on gog, itch, and steam unless you're in some third world country.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (24 KB, 615x234)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>674079
>>
>>674091
>>673940
>47,49 R$ (9,38$)
yes I'm a third world, might even its close to Russia levels, but what can I do,
and even then, even if the game is good, I'm not gonna buy shit in early access
>>
>>674034
will be
>>
File: sneed town.png (1.17 MB, 769x770)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>650831
Give him a break he's Swedish
>>
bump, I did finally get the new version, so I should try it out later
>>
I want to make a few divisions of bugman slave soldiers, but without slave revolts I have no interest in having a slave population. Next update when
>>
>>650831
>no women
>just a bunch of hairy dudes skinny dipping, working out, and taking occasional trips to the sauna while they build civilization and trade wood.
Doesn't matter to me. Bought this game back when it launched and saw this topic rise up back then. Who really cares the gameplay is solid.
>>
>set up basic admin building
>they work from the side of the table that doesnt have stools
this pisses me off
>>
>>679900
>just a bunch of hairy dudes skinny dipping, working out, and taking occasional trips to the sauna while they build civilization and trade wood.
>>
>>680034
what pisses me off is that they should have auxiliary working as if storage for scrolls, both for admin and research
>>
Started another game with the new version, still comfy but damn slow start
its weird now you don't get to pick your starting location anymore, and it makes it even more difficult for you to get started on more expensive building resources like clay and iron, that are also used for some very basic infra structure like eateries
>>
Still very comfy, getting started next to the river and only piece of actual forest in the map, gonna be gud
>>
>>680480
> it's weird now you don't get to pick your starting location anymore
I don't know what you're talking about. I was perfectly able to pick my starting position just now, by region, location, and placing my throneroom as well.
>>
>>650854
>The can of worms is that accurately portraying the role of medieval women will make twitter seethe
What is the accurate portrayal supposed to be?
>>
>>680612
I couldn't pick the throne room location, but maybe it was just a question of bad missclicks
>>
whats the freaking deal with trade posts
Right now as soon as you get enough cash, a order is made through the trade menu, you lose the coins and it shows up in the goods history
however, it doesn't show up as incoming wares in the trader building, there is no way to know how much actually came and how much is still missing,
and I know you can end up losing stuff by switching if off, like if it gets bugged the goods just go missing
anyone else experienced that?
>>
brainlet
>>
progressing along
>>
>>680671
Girls dont cover their boobs. One man can have multiple wives. Age of consent haven't been invented. Kidnapping women are part and parcel of raids. Raping is common but not perceived as bad as present time. Everyone stinks.
>>
>>681769
You just described southern USA
>>
>>681745
Why the cemetery so far away?
I believe pops actually like having acess to Graveyards and Crypts so as to mourn the dead. It's on their happiness fulfillment screen.

Only one I keep away is the mass graveyard since it's intended for enemies and slaves.
>>
>>680297
YOUUUUUUUUU BITCH
>>
>>681834
its not actually that far at all, this is just a small section of the map
I'm gonna start building across the river and move towards the center of the map
>>
Is this a comfy, medieval city building game?
I really want a comfy game like Anno
>>
Banished player here.
Haven't fiddled around too much but just enough to say that the shitty UI is almost enough to kill the experience singlehandedly.
>>
>>637128
Rednecks. Black culture is just a worse version of American Southern redneck culture.
>>
>>684052
Wasn't banished dead
>>
How should I design my cities to be more efficient? I feel like I'm wasting a lot of work due to walking and hauling.
Also, how exactly should you use the new Hauler system?
>>
>>684328
>use the new Hauler system?
which new hauler system?

the way I'm thinking you need to have a sturdy infrastructure but localized villages for resource gathering/production
like its better to have small warehouses next to where you need them instead of having large central ones (maybe just one very large central hub to distribute stuff from)
the pawns will also prefer using services next to them instead of walking too much for something better,
its vital to keep food supplies next eateries and canteens too, so when you combine it all together its kind of like making several independent villages

warehouses on the other hand are more complicated to setup just right, because they will prefer fetching resources close to them, which means they will usually repeat fetching small production that is close but leave plenty of resources just standing around if further away,
so its better to have a setup where you multiple smaller warehouses close to where you need with a fetch/deliver system, and also note they start with full radius of the map, which basically means they never stop working if you don't reduce it down
hence where comes in the hauler spot, which is good for bringing in a specific kind of resource (like harvestables too far from anything), or bringing in lots of build-able resources to a far away location

jeez I was inspired rn, like and subscribe!
>>
>>621219
No. DF is considered a live product and will only stop being updated and having content when the dev dies.
>>
>>616454
I tried the demo but the tutorial was broken, I built 3 8x8 farms and then it just didn't progress or give me any more objectives
>>
>>685592
you probably built one 8x24 farm
>>
>>684000
It's comfy for like 5 hours, then it gets boring because it's shallow as a puddle.
>>
How do I deal with food? I have around 1000 citizens, and I am starting to run out of options for the food. Farms give shit all due to 40% fertility, and I already pretty much started fishing the entire river + canals.
>>
>>687244
Import food, research efficiency or, just eat your citizens lmao
>>
File: 1626134049095s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>659937
>Inflation added. 10% of credits per year will be lost. Sorry.
Can someone tell this dude that there is a difference between mostly stable metal coinage (except when spain flooded europe with south american silver) and our todays fiat money that gets inflated by central banks?
>>
>>687590
you tell him.
https://twitter.com/songsofsyx
https://www.reddit.com/r/songsofsyx/
https://discord.com/invite/eacfCuE
>>
I just keep gems and jewelry to combat inflation, sell it whenever I need money. Fuck the (((merchants))) and their shitty credits
>>
So, does anybody know when coal mines are actually worth it over coal burners?, i didn't bother making the numbers but it looks like mining coal is pretty shit considering it gives 0 satisfaction to all races and even with good map deposits i rarely ever see tiles with more than 50-60%, so coal burners look much more efficient considering wood is infinite too and you get it at a better ratio and you don't have to go to the other side of the map to get it since trees are mostly everywhere
>>
>>688348
Carpentry makes big bux (in my world at least), so wood burning gives up on that.
>>
>>688599

Why?, its not like there is any limit on how much wood you can produce, you can always just expand your wood cutters to be able to do both, but im trying to find out why would i ever use coal deposits if i can just make it out of wood and it seems to be more efficient that way
>>
>>614219
Well then you're missing out on some really amazing games, brainlet
>>
>>688882
coal mining is dogshit, I only ever use it in the very beginning. Always import coal or switch to coal burners asap
>>
If any of you faggets lurks the discord or whatever the dev uses to check for bugs, tell him that the keybinding for pausing stops working whenever you restart the game or load a save (this probably happens with other keybindings as well but didn't really bother to test)
>>
>>688882
In my world one piece of coal is worth like 1/10th of a piece of furniture or less, haven't done the more involved math to really figure it out but I'd be surprised if burning wood to get coal is better than turning that wood into furniture that gets sold for coal.
>>
>>690111
Oh and there's no reason not to also mine coal if you have the spare people for it, its literally just extra profit for every unit you don't have to buy.
>>
just saw an update from 0.58.22 to 0.58.25
anyone knows what the changelog is? Is this save compatible?
>>
>>690739
If you click the version number in the launcher, it shows you the changelogs for each version
>>
Finally made some progress torwards the other side of the river
making a sort of mini community center there

>>691301
I don't have a launcher tho

also, I tend to play this game late at night to wind down, usually gets me literally sleeping in my chair
>>
Does anybody know what do the nobles actually do? like in terms of numbers, and what industries do they affect

most importantly which one is the one that affects fishing, the farming noble or the livestock noble?
>>
File: eys.jpg (3.37 MB, 4066x5099)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
Finally managed to not fuck everything up at the 1.5k pop mark
>>
>>610408
>Gnomoria
Damn, that brings me back
>>
>>674091
>47,49 R$ (9,38$)
Haha, our economy is collapsing
>>
Is this game playable? I gather it is, but is it FUN?
>>
File: 20210720162906_1.jpg (1.2 MB, 2560x1600)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>691575

>All that planning
>not embracing chaos

embrace the soul and build a bughive on a mountain
>>
File: 20210720162916_1.jpg (1.25 MB, 2560x1600)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>692067
>>
File: 20210720163446_1.jpg (984 KB, 2560x1600)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
>>692069
>>
>>692067
>1.2k people
>+291 immigrant applications
>only 4 days of food
>>
>>692190

I produce food faster than it can be consumed and since its 90% fish it can never go down since i just add more fisheries or extend existing ones if necessary
>>
>>692067
I only use the bugs as professional soldiers
>>
So, what's the verdict? Is it a good game?
>>
>>692374
It's a WIP game, so the foundations are there It's still clearly not finished and there's still a clear missing "End Game" to work towards. The building is pretty solid I'd say and the mechanics are far more complex than your standard DF clone,, and since it's moddable it can be expanded upon.

Is it fun? Sure, for what's there.
Is it worth the price tag, I believe so?

You can try the free demo, but it's from an earlier version missing several of the newest features, but it gives the overall sense to that the building is like.
>>
Has anybody conquered another territory on the latest version?, i'm not sure the whole armies fighting on the world map is working right, the force i send to take on a capital doesn't seem to really matter for the looks of it, i'm outnumbering them like 200 troops to 90 with better gear and training and i can only autoresolve and that's a complete loss, like they don't even lose a single troop while i lose everything

rebels don't seem to be able to attack my capital either i can only fight them outside my map they can't enter like krull could before
>>
>>692485
i don't remember how exactly it worked but there should be an option to besiege/encircle the enemy town somehow, and after a while it will turn the autoresolve in your favor.
i've never had to fight on my own map either.
>>
>>691575
How is the performance with such high populations?
One of the problems I always had with DF was the FPS killing me before anything else.
>>
>>692720

yeah, that's it, it doesn't matter how good you are equipped/trained nor how many units you have, you always need to siege for a couple of days until you auto-win
>>
>>693071
Around ~13,000 population it slows down to the point where speed 3 is about as fast as speed 2. Using a 1600AF
>>
I'm a new player, on my second settlement. I have 94 pops overall: 20 vegetable farmers, 20 fruit farmers, and 9 fish farmers. I still have food supply issues, even with harvesting wild grain and turning it into bread. Also if I dig into the mountain is there a chance to find coal/ore? Based on the embark map it seemed like there was a lot here, but actually very little and it's so far away from my settlement.
>>
>>693692
You dont find ore from digging, it's already on the map. If your spawn is shitty i suggest you start over
>>
>>693735
Well I just restarted and decided to start small. I was trying to play this like Dwarf Fortress and was designating large number of things at a time. Now I have a pretty decent hamlet with several fields, holding 25+ days of food at a time. New map has plenty of coal but little ore though. Is trading for resources you don't have viable?
>>
>>693775

you are better getting iron in the map rather than coal, coal burners that make charcoal and are much more efficient than coal mines in my experience, and getting both deposits takes a whole lot of map reloads

you can get resources from trading, but its much easier to conquer another territory and tax them the resources you need if they have them
>>
>>693930
>>693775
Yeah, starting small is definitely the key, even though you will feel like wanting to have big infrastructure for getting working up, its better to grow horizontally and slowly, make village hubs around areas that need work, like mines, farm fields and such, you don't even need a central industrial area.
That's the only way to get it working with really large population sizes, and besides, yeah you an pretty much supplement some harder resources via trade, as its pretty much a demand right now, and easy if you find something good to work with, but most of the time resources coming from hunting, like leather and meat. And even then, for a long time you can survive solely on scavenging from wild fruits and shit.
>>
>>689322
Name one

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.