[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 140 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ERIKA-.jpg (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Obermommy edition
Favourite factions? Build orders? Units?
>>
File: partisan-tactics.png (67 KB, 158x209)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
first for the best boys
>>
>>601102
>Lame one trick pony unit
If it works... against retards... I guess that's fine
For me it's Stormtroopers, the thinking man infiltration unit
>>
I wish they did more with the Ardennes Assault as well as made more stuff like it featuring the other factions.
>>
Looks like the next patch interation will be release, tho there's quite a few changes they will be adding.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/247045/commander-update-preview-and-public-beta-2021
>>
Wehrmacht and Soviets are the only edible factions. Everything else is ridiculous small penis energy cheese that should not be in the game.
>>
>>601428
Wehrmacht and Soviets are the best most competitive factions
Wehrmacht, Soviets and USF are meta, OKW amd UKF are shit
>>
Why do anti tank grenades have magical homing capabilities?
>>
>>601609
rly strong magnets you see
>>
>>601613
Hans, more Zimmerit!
>>
>>601609
To make it reliable
>>
Thank you humanity for this good game I love it. Goodnight.

I have 1500 hours. Time for me to stop and live the game of life.
Yes COH 2 is like chess 2.0
Any balancing errors add to challenge and challenge is how we evolve.

Side note:
Please put melee in COH3
When units touch, there should be insta-kill melee and when infantry touch tanks they should be able to climb it and attack the crew inside at cost of huge vulnerability.

Thus making a more realist game that looks more realistic.
>>
>>603177
>melee in COH
cringe beyond belief
cute girl(male) tho
>>
>>603177
>Please put melee in COH3
>When units touch, there should be insta-kill melee and when infantry touch tanks they should be able to climb it and attack the crew inside at cost of huge vulnerability.
None of this would work
>>
>>601150
>new QoL isnt retroactive
>bizarre overly punishing gameplay just for losing a few soldiers so you have to play hella tediously
>never get to field a pershing
>AI on highest difficulty only fields KTs at the absolute last 10 points of a VP match
just so fucking bizarre
>>
>>601113
How do you use these guys? Wish they got G43s more often
>>
>>604465
>never get to field a pershing
There were only 20 in Europe before the Battle of the Bulge and it wasn't until seeing the results did they decide to ship more.
>>
>>603177
You fucked up.
CoH niggers are just Starcraft players in disguise. It would mess with the gookclicking.
>>
>>603552
Melee in COH isn’t that absurd. It was doable in Close Combat.
>>
>>604518
You set them on olf fire and camo them, then wait for the enemy to advance to use tactical advance and wipe them out
>>604791
It simply wouldn't work. If any unit was able to force melee with any other unit nobody would take elite units.
Most of the time the dps at close range is high enough that the engagenent is over very soon
>>
>>604518
Jaeger infantry are skirmishers and ambush infantry. Keep them in green cover, and turn on hold fire. Pick targets you know you can kill.
>>
>>604936
Those are not JLI, they are stormtroopers, they use the same icon
>>
File: CoH2 Axis Players IRL.jpg (599 KB, 1151x1125)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
I am so tired of facing off against double MG OH starts.
>>
>>604987
It's an extremely weak build order that would get crushed by a good opponent
You need mobile infantry squads to support your mgs
>>
>>604990
If I flank one, and execute flawlessly there is just another one to stop all momentum. The opponent only need 2 gren squads and a pio to support.

I've tried mortars, snipers, etc. The only thing I have not bothered to do is a clown car because I dont like doing that shit.

If I dont get horribly manpower fucked, I can usually bounce back at t3 but some opponents are just incredibly cautious with their MGs.

I need to leverage mortars smoke better - I used to use shocks but MG42s suppress instantly.
>>
>>604996
>If I flank one, and execute flawlessly there is just another one to stop all momentum.
If the mgs are so close to eaxh other they won't cover much of the map, you can always apply pressure elsewhere
>I've tried mortars, snipers, etc.
Both work and will absolutely counter mgs. You are either not using them in an effective way or you are not using them well in synergy with your mainline
What build orders have you tried yet?
>The only thing I have not bothered to do is a clown car because I dont like doing that shit.
Light vehicles are also a viable strategy against it, even tho they are more effective against OKW due to their delayed teching leaving them without AT engine busters for the first 5 to 6 minutes
>>
>>604996
>If I dont get horribly manpower fucked, I can usually bounce back at t3 but some opponents are just incredibly cautious with their MGs.
The opponent can't be aggressive and cautious at the same time. You might be making the mistake of specifically trying to engage the mg42s when the best tactic is staying clear of it unless you are ready for a major engagement with proper counters and enough infantry to fight against it
>I need to leverage mortars smoke better - I used to use shocks but MG42s suppress instantly.
Shocks have their own smoke and can also use mortar smoke. This seems to be a problem of lack of map awareness. Meaning you end up in the come of fire of mgs without realizing
>>
>>604990
Not in 2v2+

>>604996
Don't bother with a mortar till midgame, it's a luxury unit you usually can't afford, just use zis barrage as soviets till then.

And yes, you should absofuckinglutely use smoke, normal shells are if you want to play the lottery.
>>
https://www.twitch.tv/aecoh
Final of the ML5 here
Insane game so far
>>
>>601098
newbie here. How do you stop enemy units from sneaking through the front line and start capturing your points way in the back? This is such an annoyance.
>>
>>605791
By engaging it. The closer you are to your HQ the more you'll be able to put pressure, you can easily afford some numerical inferiority to stall them while troops converge in their retreat path. Light vehicles are also very strong in taming aggressive pushes
>>
>>601113
>teleports behind you
>panzershreck your damaged tank
>shoots at your enginers
>drop a fire bomb on your fuel cache
>sprints to your american tank and run away to their base
Their only weakness is field maps without any buildings.
>>
What is the general timing for what is considered early and mid game?
>>
>>606410
>>601113
thoughts on on the infiltration commandos? They seem incredibly weak early on.
>>
>>606729
>Commandos
>weak
Are you fucking serious? They're so strong that they spawn at 3 out 5 mans because they come with SMGs out of the box, their gammon nades are very strong, demolition charges... They're incredibly good.
>>
>>606925
I guess its the 3 man spawn part that always fucks with me. I try to spawn them behind weapon teams but usually if a 1-2 star unit just walks at them off spawn they will get wrecked.

Are they better than vanilla commandos? Just seems like Brits are kind of ass but their elite inf is nice....if not lacking in long range.
>>
Did 1 have more units and stuff than 2?
>>
>>606729
They are great, use them like stormtroopers with the ambush ability or give them Bren guns
>>
>>607417
No, less
>>
>>607017
When you say vanilla commandos you mean the assault officer or the glider commandos? I only remember that the glider commandos are more expensive but take longer to spawn and are more expensive because of the glider and that they come at full strength.
>>
Nothing feels better than spreading your units out just enough that allied artillery is useless.
>>
>>603717
It totally would work.
Just do a little animation instead of shooting a hundred smg rounds at point blank.

Add Japan and have banzai charges.

Increase bullet damage to make it more strategic and a risk.
>>
I find infantry is useless for the Germans late game. Due to artillery. So It’s sturmpanzers + snipers + tiger + AT + smoke
>>
>>608152
I essentially use the snipers only as scouts
>>
>>608157
The best way to use them
>>
File: 10224531.jpg (33 KB, 290x191)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
God I love rushing this cute little bastard
It frontally counters anti tank guns
>>
>>604996

Brush up on your sniper play, a properly supported sniper against 2 x mg ought to bleed him out. Especially if he only uses the 2nd mg as a 'sweeper' behind the first.
>>
>>603177
>Thus making a more realist game that looks more realistic.
>REALISM=GOOD
So you never played Iron Harvest that did exactly that, and it sucked ass.
If anything we need a "storm building" ability.
>>
>>609333
Iron Harvest isn't realistic, have you even fucking played it? It's more gamey than CoH.
>>
>>609354
honest question, are you by any chance severely retarded?
>>
>>609356
No more than you, retard.
>>
>>609269
Flammpanzer?
>>
>>609644
Yeah. It has the target size of a light vehicle and the armor and hp of a medium tank
>>
>>607945
Id love a Japan but man they would be a nightmare to make balanced
>>
>>601098
when the fuck is the patch releasing
>>
>>612488
This week
>>
>>611995
Japan was objectively shit in land warfare in the 1940's. Ahead of their time regionally in the 30's, but they just couldn't catch up to the Americans when the ball really got rolling.
>>
>>611995
Red orchestra Rising storm did good.

Make the Japanese have lots of banzai charges.

In battle the Japanese and Americans were equal.
Americans just had more resources.
>>
>>613162
>In battle the Japanese and Americans were equal.
>Except when they were not
>>
>>613162
Rising storm tried but oh man, playing as the japs as a new player is pain.
>americans get semi and full auto weapons on all roles
>their upgrades add bigger magazines or make the full auto more stable or add bipods
>flamethrower is noob-proof

>Japanese soldiers
>all roles get bolt action rifles besides the lmg role and sls
>all guns have horrible ironsights that make it hard to aim at moving targets
>upgrades just add more bullets to the ammo pool
>banzai charges require the team to actually cooperate and listen to others
>if a new player takes the mortar role then you are fucked
>is almost impossible to get a grenade suicide kill
>>
File: LCT_Launching_Rockets.jpg (57 KB, 800x606)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>611995
It's not like the game is a simulator anyway.
>>
WHY IS IT FREE? I PAID FOR ALL THIS SHIT
>>
>>614582
Only the base game and Ardennes are free now, you'd still have be a good goy and spend some shekels to buy OKW and Brits, and I'm not sure if Ardennes includes the USF for skirmish/online.
>>
>>614670
Only need to buy those, right?
>>
>>614732
Like I said, I'm not sure how this giveaway works, Ardennes Assault might just be the campaign and not include the USF faction for Skirmish/Online, but if it does include the USF faction, then you'd only need to buy the other two factions (OKW and Brits) and you'd be "set" for Skirmish/ Online, since I know the base game does include Ostheer and Soviets for Skirmish/Online.
>>
>>613217
The entire Japanese army was in China
Once Japan lost its navy... Americans were just fighting island garrisons with nothing beyond infantry.

>>614080
Well I like bolt actions
Banzai charging granted near invincibility so you could advance very easily from cover to cover.
>>
>>614248
It could be. Up damage slightly.
Add melee.

Add more kinds over cover and add moral.

Boom a good officer/lieutenant/commander simulator.
>>
>>614767
Yeah I bet your dumbass also thought the Soviets totally didn't get molly whopped and could have won without Lend lease.
>>
>>614769
Anon...if I have to think about fire and movement, where are we gonna find room for the gookclicking?
APM > "tactics"
>>
File: 1334013738492.jpg (1.22 MB, 1500x1064)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
Real talk me on WEAPON RACKS

Does the ability to give any infantry unit in the USF roster a choice of two LMGs or light (and shit) AT outweigh the burden of not being able to magically get them via an upgrade like everyone else?
>>
File: header_alt_assets_2.jpg (43 KB, 460x215)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Reminder they are giving it away for free on Steam right now
>>
>>614905

I'd say better for DPS and utility. You can usually fill out your squad with multiple special weapons and allied units usually have larger squad sizes. You can decide whether you want to double down or mix up AT and AI.

Worse for convenience and cost since they don't just magically appear while your men are in the field, you have to head to a rack point to pick it up and it costs a tech to unlock them.

Worth the time though. You can easily get wins spamming roflmen with LMGs/BARs. The LMG in particular is horrendous, if you catch an mg setting up with 3 riflemen + 1 lmg each/2 riflemen + 1 lmg and BAR each you will probably clear it even if the opponent immediately retreats.
>>
>>614905
No, but the riflemen being good does
>>
>>601098
i was about to buy this game last month and now i got the whole fucking first and second game with all dlc for just 20 euros
this is amazing
>>
>>614080
As a new player, yeah kinda. But as a vet they're fine.
>Jap smg is better than thompson
>Japs can place landmines
>Mortar is insanely good, like constant arty drops
>coordinated banzai charge can only be stopped by flamethrower
>>
>>612568
you nigger
>>
>>617694
There's some more finetuning needed, expect it early or mid this week
>>
>>614958
Finally I will have an occasion to play AA.
Good thing I stopped myself from buying it few months ago.
>>
If you like the game coming from the free weekend, buy the all out war edition, it should have all factions, every campaign and every commander included and is dirt cheap, anything else is a scam.
>>
Patch probably tomorrow
>>
>>614958
they should make an ardennes assault style campaign for all 5 factions.
>>
God OKW is such a fucking joke it's not even funny how easily you can bully it
>>
>>621333
They had 3 years of b having top infantry and the only non-doctrinal super heavy.
And they still complained.
They deserve it.
>>
>>621379
>t. Retard who rushed with riflemen volksgrenadiers behind green cover
>>
>>621379
>the only non-doctrinal super heavy.
Having to fully tech to get an heavy is not an advantage
>>
Does no one play British?
>>
CoH 2 just got an 90~ Mb update, is it the commander patch?
>>
>>621609
It started to download a 7.4 GB patch just now after the 90 MB patch, this gotta be the commander update for sure.
>>
File: RETs.png (672 KB, 2000x2000)
672 KB
672 KB PNG
>https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/288981#Comment_288981
here it is boys
>>
>download gets stuck at 87.8 MB / 90 MB
oh no
>>
>>621603
They have a few issues that make it quite weak, mainly lack of mainline infantry snare, which makes AEC mandatory, and nondoctrinal mobile indirect fire
>>
File: 1620750764449.jpg (83 KB, 722x349)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>Panzerfusiliers lost their weapon slot
Of course, we don't want OKW to have a viable mainline against Guards and Rifleblobs
>>
ANyone else experience massive FPS drops after installing the patch? Game starts OK but with every minute the frames go down until it becomes unplayable. I am playing at ultra-low graphics btw.
>>
>>621677
Yup, they fucked something up with new update. All of my friends got like 8fps. Lelic at it's finest
>>
>>621677
>We have rolled back today's CoH2 patch due to frame rate issues players have been experiencing. We apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate everyone's quick feedback on this. We will update you as soon as we have concluded our investigation and are ready to publish the update with fixes in place.
has there even been a coh2 update that wasn't fucked in one way or another?
>>
>>621690
No but this one was even worse because of the 64bit update
>>
Is it true Relic removed a commander from the easter german army because it was too OP and impossible to balance?
>>
>>621912
if only there was a post containing the patchnotes that you could use to verify your concerns...
>>
File: gates of hell.gif (582 KB, 650x600)
582 KB
582 KB GIF
>>601098

Port of Hamburg artillery hell
>>
I don't see the changes to the commanders, Soviets' Lend Lease Tactics still shows the allied supply drop and the M5 + Guards battlegroup, what am I missing?
>>
>>622075
See >>621690
>>
>>621920
Don't feel like reading an EULA sized file of patchnotes.
>>
>>622075

they rolled back the update because of technical issues introduced.
>>
>>622132
It's not that long, surely you can handle reading more than a twitter length post?
>>
I like using the Brummbär in Spearhead
>>
>>622130
>>622311
I missed that somehow, what a shame... I hope they sort it out fast, I really want those commander changes.
>>
Holy shit volksgrenadiers run me over if I'm playing Soviets.
>>
>>622714

I fucking didn't, their about turn happend while I was mid patch, and it corrupted my game, so I had to reinstall the whole thing.

Fucking COH community jannies
>>
File: 168348.jpg (1.34 MB, 1920x1080)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>604990
stop talking about 1v1 as if it is the main gamemode. it is not.
the vast majority of players are playing teams.
>>
File: 1549932762538.jpg (135 KB, 900x576)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>612488
>>612568
it already released. and had a memory leak in it. so it got rolled back.
>>
>>622721
Then you are playing badly
>>623057
>stop talking about 1v1 as if it is the main gamemode. it is not.
It is. The majority of the "community" (aka the plebs) playing teamgames because they are more relaxed and have lower skill ceiling doesn't change that 1vs1 has been the focus of the game competitive scene
>>
>>614670
ardennes is only the campaign
>>
>>614905
its useful for getting zookas on rangers or paratroopers or REs
>>
Would be nice if they made an ardenes assault campaign for all 5 factions instead of just the americans.
>OKW side of the campaign is made of a commander with an angressive infantry, a tank commander without fuel but advanced tanks, a defensive doctrine commander with heavy arty, and a commander leading all heavy tanks and Fall/ober units into a crazy charge
>>
>>621407
it is in 3v/3 and up
>>
>>621333
play them in team games and watch your weaknesses magically melt away
>>
>>623099
1v1 is shit and you should feel bad for liking it
>>
>>623116
>t. filtered noob
>>
>>623110
Why. Having mutiple players suddenly makes my volks more badass?
>>623099
>team games have lower skill ceiling
No, they don't. If anything they require different skills. Then again carrying yourself vs. carrying your team is not that much different.
>>
>>623370
>No, they don't.
Yes they do, the very fact that spamming mgs is a viable tactic is a testment to that
>>
Been playing vs extreme AI in preparation for online, I can 1v1 it pretty easily except with OKW and British. OKW I can still win but it's really close though it probably depends on whether the AI decides to spam air strikes all game with their infinite resources. Anyway OKW and British seem really hard to play, so I'm still deciding on what to main between the other 3. Does anyone know if the IS-2 commander is viable for 1v1?
>>
>>623450
>Been playing vs extreme AI in preparation for online
Please don't that. AI is beyond retarded in most of aspects and overpowered in others. The point when you can learn no more useful things from compstomps comes pretty quick.

>Does anyone know if the IS-2 commander is viable for 1v1?
If you mean the shock-rifle tactics, then it's been consistently in tier SSS+ since the release, you can't go wrong with it. Also, don't "main" a faction, it's gay and inevitably turns out into a schizo.
>>
>>623450
Yes, both commanders are good. After the patch Armored Assault tactics will be the only doctrine with Il-2 Sturmovicks attacks
Shock Rifle Frontline is quite meta because of camo double zis and incendiary barrage
>>
>>623465
> Also, don't "main" a faction, it's gay and inevitably turns out into a schizo.
I main Wehrmacht and I burn with deep hatred for people who play the farce that are UKF and USF. On the other side I have a lot of respect for good Soviet players.
>>
>That Jäger camo nerf
Dogshit, absolutely dogshit, they always try to slip in the definitive version the most controversial changes
>>623553
Soviets is the best faction in game. UKF is the worst
>>
File: 1367956038516.gif (1.89 MB, 236x224)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>622010
>being passive and playing right into the hand of a turtler
>>
>mfw beating Ardennes Assault rewards you with intel bulletins, skins, snow skins and faceplates.
Neat, now I gotta beat Ardennes again with the company I didn't use and get the rest of the rewards.
>>
>>623099
Doctrinal games like CoH and AoE2 are interesting because cmdrs that make no sense in 1v1 suddenly have a use
>>
>>626371
too bad the "doctines" are all a meme
>>
I'm trying to make up my mind on which faction to play in multiplayer
Soviets seem nice but I can't understand Ostheer
What does Ostheer get in exchange for less map control and a complex tech tree?
>>
>>626371
Most of COs start out useful in 1vs1, but get nerfed because teambattlers are complaining on forums about OPOPOP.
Example: British Fortification CO, that was easily counterable with basic OKW/OST units, so much that I was happy every time I seen opponent picking it, because it meant he will lose eventually.
And it ended up with not only him being nerfed to oblivion because he was dominating meme maps in 3vs3, they also nerfed my precious OST mortar halftruck that I seen used by others once in a blue moon, simply because people watching casters realized what a meme brit fortifications are with it.
>>
>>626804
Ostheer tech tree is very straight forward, it's just that buildings are gated by linear sidetechs so that an Ostheer player can't rush certain buildings but doesn't need to build every single building either
Both Soviets and Ostheer have more or less the same map control. Ostheer relies on the combined effort of Pioneers with their increased sight, Grenadiers with their long range dps and MG42s with their suppression to keep the enemy at distance, forbidding them from bunching up and bruteforcing with a rush your infantry. Ostheer units are very powerful, but the faction will crumble if you don't respect those relationship. Soviets allow for more options, like Tier 1 starts with Penals or Tier 2 starts with conscripts and team weapons, they are less rigid and conceptually the "white" of the match. Soviets (usually all allies factions) opem up the match, while Ostheer players will use a mostly fixed build order and from there react to the opponent
>>
>>626935
2/2
It's totally ok to be equally aggressive with both factions, especially if you are well versed at game mechanics and know the map well, but both factions will sacrifice some map control for an agressive cut off assault and a good player will either win, counter your mgs with a scout car/mortar/halftrack or make you split forces by attacking your cut off
OKW and USF have better map control and capability of aggression because their starting units are designed to work on their own as mobile infantry squads, their teching doesn't require an engineer squad to build anything and both have early light vehicles capable of capping points faster than infantry
>>
The way infantry dies by first playing the death animation and then ragdolling and bouncing off the ground looks so damn funny.
>>
Update very soon
>>
>>623567
Should have differnetiaited between jager and grens, sound idea in theory

>>626804
>What does Ostheer get in exchange for less map control and a complex tech tree?
Id say that having to buy individual upgrades like molotv make sov the worst between the 2, while with wher you can just skip tiers and still get stuff through battle phases for four, thing you cant do with sov (wish i could get t-34 earlier honestly)
>>
>>627062
Oh yeah? When?
>>
File: 8B064E2.jpg (373 KB, 650x896)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>627607
>>627607
monday would be my guess

is USF getting buffed at all? i feel like they need a buff. they just lack so many tools. and SOME of those tools will be provided by the commander, but that means USF doesnt get commanders, because commanders only give them stuff they should have from the beginning
>>
File: 1475188600681.jpg (294 KB, 1680x1050)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>627791
usf lacks:
flamers
mines
sandbags
MLRS
snipers
medium tank
heavy tank
assault infantry
a manpower scout
a decent MG
>>
>>627803
also,
HOW THE FUCK is there not a tank destroyer company commander?
>>
>>627803
USF don't need that because they can just blob infantry into TDs and win.
>>
>>627817
What would the commander have?
>>
>>627791
>is USF getting buffed at all? i feel like they need a buff
They don't
>because commanders only give them stuff they should have from the beginning
They don't lack any tool they need
>>627803
>usf lacks:
>flamers
They don't need it
>mines
They have the best AT mine in game
>sandbags
They have tank traps
>MLRS
They have the best light artillery and multiple non doctrinal recon and offmap options with Major
>snipers
They don't need it
>medium tank
The Sherman
>heavy tank
Only 2 factions have non doctrinal heavy tank
>assault infantry
They don't need it
>a manpower scout
Major
>a decent MG
The 50 cal is the best HMG in game
>>
>>627892
>>medium tank
>The Sherman
sherman is a IST not a medium. it is more like a ostwind than a pIV
>>627892
>>a decent MG
>The 50 cal is the best HMG in game
ROFLMAO
it is blocked behind a 35 fuel tax and has less supression and less arc than a mg34 or 42. the AP is irrelevent. you are justoutright lying.
>>627892
>Major
ROFLMAO locked behind 155 fuel and 20mins into the game. and, require ammo for the planes. insane. meanwhile ostheer get 35 vision on pios for free in addition to getting snipers and the 222. youre delusional.
>>
>>627867
>What would the commander have?
reduced cost and non vetted HVAP.
M5 towed at gun.
some kind of CAS
speed boost for TDs
and maybe m18
>>
>>627892
the lack of a MLRS is crippling in teams dude. absolutely crippling. axis just run around raping everything with stukas and and mgs. its disgusting. its at the point wherre not choosing a artillery or calliope commander is suicide.
>>
>>627941
>sherman is a IST not a medium. it is more like a ostwind than a pIV
Nah, it's a medium, and a damn good medium
>>627941
>it is blocked behind a 35 fuel tax
Because it's crazy good
>and has less supression than a mg34
False
>less arc
And the fastest set up time
>the AP is irrelevent
Nah, it's really good
>ROFLMAO locked behind 155 fuel and 20mins into the game. and, require ammo for the planes. insane.
It has non doctrinal recon sweep and offmap, the 222 is limited while the Major isn't. In the same way the USF can count on M20 with the same sight as 222
>>627955
That says more about teamgames and arty meta than USF, but still, USF has overly abundant smoke sources to counter weapon teams play.
>>
>>601098
anime alsoARM<A say goodbye to earthboy MA BELL
>>
>>627980
>Nah, it's a medium, and a damn good medium
which is why no one uses them.
>>627892
>They have the best AT mine in game
which is why no one uses them
>>627941
>The 50 cal is the best HMG in game
which is why no one uses them

delusional. obviously a troll.
>>
>>627980
>>627980
>overly abundant smoke sources
smoke only works when you know where they are.
and guess what usf doesnt ahve in early game?
thats right.
vision.
>>
>>628075
I use them all, what now?
>>
>>627892
>Only 2 factions have non doctrinal heavy tank
comet-britain
panther-okw
tiger-okw
panther-ostheer
>>
>>628075
>which is why no one uses them.
>which is why no one uses them
>which is why no one uses them
Holy mother of all shitters
>>628099
>comet-britain
Not an heavy tank
>panther-okw
Not an heavy tank
>tiger-okw
Doctrinal
>panther-ostheer
Not an heavy tank
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 617x126)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>628312
>Doctrinal
KT is notdoctrinal youre just a nigger troll. and a nigger shitter.
and the panther is absolutely a heavy tank.
>>
>>628383
>KT is notdoctrinal youre just a nigger troll. and a nigger shitter.
King Tiger is not a Tiger
The only non doctrinal heavy tanks are King Tiger and Churchill
>and the panther is absolutely a heavy tank.
I don't give a shit about armchair historian arguments, the Panther is a turreted tank destroyer with 260 armor
>>
>>628454
>>628454
>260 armor
is your brain not functioning?
the heavy armor is what makes it a heavy tank.
what is wrong with you?
>>
>>628312
brummbar
>>
>>628470
>>628454
You’re both retards. Panther was a medium tank irl. In game it doesn’t matter what it’s classified as. Take your meds and educate yourselves
>>
>>628454
>CoH nigger now thinks his retarded game logic translates to real life
Jesus fucking christ....
>>
>>628470
260 is not an heavy armor
Is barely more than OKW Panzer IV
>>628488
Not an heavy, same armor as the Panther
>>628507
The Panther is not an heavy tank
>>628513
I don't give a whit about your wikipedia article, Ostheer has no non doctrinal heavy tank
>>
I played CoH2 for a while over the weekend, what a piece of shit compared to the original CoH.

You guys must be really bored.
>>
File: 1621154257108.jpg (29 KB, 620x454)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>628544
How many matches did you lose before getting filtered?
>>
>>628545
i played through the campaign, won a few automatches (lost 10%) and compstomped with a friend

and now I will literally uninstall and hide this game, because it clicked with me how shit it is compared to the original when I went back to CoH1.
>>
>>628548
don't let the door hit you on the way out
>>
Does the IS-2 have crappy penetration or did I get really unlucky against a Jagdpanzer?
>>
>>628930
A Jagdpanzer can't deflect an IS-2 shot
>>
>>629044
Right.
>>
>>628930
The IS-2 is intended to be the anti infantry heavy tank, which is pretty stupid since the commander that usually comes with the IS2 already has a heavy anti infantry tank that is far more effective than the IS2.
>>
>>629162
there is not a single tank in the game better suited for anti-infantry than IS2, and that includes KV8
>>
Lmao just spam Tiger tanks while the other players on your team loose the line.
>>
>>629198
But that's the problem. By the time you can field an IS-2, the one thing the Soviets wont be struggling with is infantry. Considering how many commanders that get the IS-2 already get one or two dedicated anti-infantry units, the IS-2 also doing that job is infuriating when most Soviet anti-tank options revolve around dramatically outplaying your opponent, or pushing the bullshit button so that your units can magically do their job.

>>628383
The original poster asked for non-doctrinal heavy tanks, and then listed four tanks, three of which are actually medium tanks, and the third is doctrinal.

The OKW actually gets the Tiger 1 so when you say 'tiger' people assume you mean 'tiger' and not the King Tiger. The only two core build heavy tanks in the game are the Churchill and the King Tiger. Panthers are not heavy tanks, they don't have the same default stats every heavy tank gets (HP pool, specifically) and the Comet isn't a heavy tank, it's built off a fucking Cromwell. The reason it functions like a heavy tank is because Relic is run by teaboos and needed the tank to be distinct from the Firefly, which has the same fucking gun.

>>628488
Brumbar's an assault gun, not a tank. It has more in common with a StuG than a Panzer 4.

>>628470
Armor doesn't determine the tank's class. Weight and to a degree the gun does. The Churchill is what we'd all understand to be a heavy tank, but it has 240 armor. The Pershing is what we'd call a heavy tank, but it has 270(?).

Every heavy tank- excluding the Pershing- has at least 1000 HP. The Panther is a medium tank. The Nazis called it a medium tank. If you google it, Wikipedia tells you it's a medium tank. The panther is a medium tank.

>>628548
Single player's better in COH1, Voice acting is better as well. That's about it. COH1's got worse multiplayer balance.
>>
>>628312
Americans want a mine. Not an anti-tank mine. A fucking mine. Not one they need to build an ultra specific tier 2 vehicle to build, just a plain old fucking mine that engineer type units for any other faction can bury.

The .50 cal MG is not good. It's the second worst machine gun in the game, and it really shouldn't be called a .50 cal if it's just going to be like all the other ones. Americans build them in top level play because there's no other option that doesn't involve spending fuel and building a vehicle.

The M4 Sherman is ass. With HE rounds you're waiting to get lucky against targets that can wipe it out in three or four hits, with AP rounds you're waiting to be disappointed because it can't penetrate shit. The M4 Sherman SHOULD make Panzer 4's cry. The M4 Sherman SHOULD be the best general purpose medium tank in the game. Instead it's the second worst, and purely because the T-34-76 is how you spend fuel and manpower to be disappointed.
>>
>>630047
I agree with the mines, though I have been using M20's mines more often and they're really good, completely immobilizing a Panther or Tiger is a godsend.

For me the .50 Cal does the job, but nothing can be as OP as Ostheer wide as fuck arc, unfortunately.

Yeah the Sheman is a bit underperfoming damage wise, I'd have imagined that HE rounds would be more effective but it seems like a PZ4 can do about the same damage to infantry while still doing decently against other thanks AND without the added micro of round switching, but anyway, Shermans have a decent advantage with moving accuracy and with the long range smoke that you can use on the move, meaning that you should be very aggressive with them.
>>
>>630047
>Americans want a mine. Not an anti-tank mine. A fucking mine.
The M20 mine is the best in game, nobody sane would want generalist mines over it
>The .50 cal MG is not good. It's the second worst machine gun in the game, and it really shouldn't be called a .50 cal if it's just going to be like all the other ones. Americans build them in top level play because there's no other option that doesn't involve spending fuel and building a vehicle.
The 50cal is great, it's abilities and set u0 time make it the best hmg in game. It's dps make it the fastest vetting hmg after the dshk, it's built in competitive because it's just that good
>The M4 Sherman is ass. With HE rounds you're waiting to get lucky against targets that can wipe it out in three or four hits, with AP rounds you're waiting to be disappointed because it can't penetrate shit. The M4 Sherman SHOULD make Panzer 4's cry. The M4 Sherman SHOULD be the best general purpose medium tank in the game. Instead it's the second worst, and purely because the T-34-76 is how you spend fuel and manpower to be disappointed.
The Sherman is good, one of the most cost effective tanks in game actually.
It's penetration is superior to that of the Panzer IV, It just lacks in armor, as all non doctrinal Allied mediums do to give a purpose to more expensive dedicated at units like Puma and Panzerschreck
>>
>>601538
cope more, OKW and UKF are quality
>>
>>630320
>t. 4 digit rank
>>
Speaking of tanks, can a T34-85 1v1 a Panther?
>>
>>630504
No, a Panther is a tank destroyer, a t34/85 is a generalist tank
>>
>>630562
Maybe I'm just used to 76 being sucky that 85 feels like some super space tank from the future.
>>
Game is fun but I have no idea how the devs got away with this commander bullshit
>>
>>630881
Instead of doubling down on doctrines they took the path of commanders.
>>
>>630891
Doctrines were fine, and I don't like microtransactions on paid games, at least there are mods adding extra units
>>
>>630815
They are both good
>>
>>623450
Playing against AI is a totally different ball game. Obvs the core mechanics are the same but the way AI plays is nothing at all like a competent player will. Just take the plunge and see how you go
>>
>>628548
Nice rose-colored glasses there, but enjoy the og.
Both are good games
>>
This zombie mod some dude created is a lot of fun.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2509553028&searchtext=zombie

Only downside is that you can't play Soviet since thats the "Zombie" faction.

Been playing it the past day or so and it's a blast.
>>
patch fixed yet?
im not looking forward to the m4a3(76) nerf
but i want to play the patch.
mechanized was my favorite commander
maybe ill switch to rifle company since they are getting the halftrack now.
>>
>>630881
>>630908
i have all the commanders. i have paid for non of them. the commanders have funded further developement of the game and allowed for it to go free several times, bring in new blood to the game. it was the correct choice, hands down.
>>
>>633152
>Didn't find more stories
>God awful case blue coop missions
>Didn't find retroactive qol for sp content
Didn't fund anything I gave a flying fuck about
Not to mention the unit stat documentation is fucking awful
Need
>3rd party documentation to find weapon accuracy
>Need to ctrp f like several months of blog posts to determine unit stats
So the fucking game sucks in the mechanical aspect for the competitive scene
The devs need to follow some trends to make their sp and competitive shit not look so half assed
Relic in a nutshell is amazing ideas executed so average or nonsensically their games only end up good and quirky, when they had the potential to be great
>>
>>633150
They are waiting for Microsoft to give it a go
>>
>>601098
She cute OP
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (961 KB, 1360x768)
961 KB
961 KB JPG
Thoughts on this build?
>>
>>635129
literally uncounterable
>>
>>635129
Meme build that would be demolished by a scout car
>>
>>635174
It actually worked pretty well and the guy won in the end, he did end the game with only one of those alive but they put in some work for sure.
>>635212
The soviet player used a scout car on its own and it almost took a kubelwagen out before getting BTFO by the kubel blob, unfortunately the guy didn't try putting some PTRS penals inside the scout car, that would've helped a lot, a single volley from PTRS penals leaves a Kubel with about a quarter of its health remaining, from full health by the way.
>>
>>635129
>mines the roads
nothing personal
>>
>>635129
cutoff hell
>>
anyone in the thread, when was the last time you played CoH2?
>>
>>627892
>>usf lacks:
>>flamers
>They don't need it
you spawn on the left side of lienne forest and dont have flamers.
good luck
>>
ever since i gave up playing this game competitively 1v1 3 years ago ive actually been having fun with the game now
just fooling around with those experimental patches and mods in bot matches alone without getting mad because the stupid modder team decided to push a pants on head retarded patch live and breaking the game in half
>>
ever since i started playing the game competitively 1v1 3 years ago ive actually been having fun with the game now
just signing on to play a few games every night and have fun improving without getting bored to death in vs ai compstomps
>>
>>601098
CoH2 is the Reddit of the RTS world.
>>
File: CoH2SH.png (1.75 MB, 1360x768)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>635705
Last night

Daily reminder that Vanilla CoH2 is shit and the only viable option is the Spearhead Overhaul mod.
>>
>>636047
t. compstomper
>>
>>636047
Indisputable truth, vanilla CoH 2 is the most retarded RTS ever made.
>>
>>636047
>all this bloat
I bet you also think DoW UA is a good mod
>>
>>635995
This post is the Reddit of /vst/
>>
>>635818
mortar spam time.
>>
I recently bought CoH 1 to play with my friend. What should I know going in and what is different when compared to CoH 2?
>>
>>637484
It lacks a lot of quality of life features, has ridicolous friendly fire and it's horribly balanced
>>
>>636076
>Options are scawy :(
CoH2niggers are children, confirmed.
>>
>>630047
>>630064
From my limited expirience with the 50cal, it does the job extremely well. I've managed to almost kill a mg42 team with it due to it's high DPS.
>>
>>637520
CoH2 mods are shit, with the exception of like three mods, those being All units, the faction leader mod (which is broken in almost every way) and the IJA mod.
Noone has a problem with "more options", I for one love all units and that mod is bloated as all hell.
Spearhead, wikinger and whatever other """realistic""" coh2 mod don't work because of coh2's shitty modding capabilities. Not to mention the high lethality that is more belonging to a men of war game. Wikinger tank combat also makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Tanks either penetrate and instakill 100% of the time or they don't even scratch the paint of enemy tanks.
I don't want to even get into the advanced powers since that mod is a complete shitshow, from the developers to the mod itself.
>>
>>637547
>CoH2nigger cries like a small child when forced to use his brain in a tactical situation and not rely on gookclicking.
Saw that coming.
>>
>>637559
>Modfag copes about being shit in a game with out any gookclick by compstomping braindead AI with his broken modded units
You are not only bad at the game, but you also have the gall to call us retarded for wanting to face a actual challenge.
>>
>>637559
>shitters actually believe that
>>
>>637567
>>637568
>CoH2niggers still BAAAAAWing because they can't rely on Gookclicking
Many such cases!
>>
>>636047
What's the point of having 100 units all doing the same thing?
>>
Jesus fucking christ how do you play bottom Lienne Forest? Everytime I get that map I instantly get fucked into the woods area and try to fend off fucking blobs with MGs and flame throwers while my grens try to pry off the fucking muni point. Mid and left side is a clusterfuck on their own that top gets an immediate advantage with a building on their turf at mid and a shit ton of buildings to hide MGs in left. Christ what a shitshow of a map
>>
File: 1374126140006.jpg (191 KB, 1582x1034)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
i uninstalled this game.
i used to be a top 200 player in both coh2 and coh2.
but its not fun anymore.
zero matches are fun.
too much bullshit in the game.
1v1 is not fun
and teams are a broken mess of noobtards and imba.
goodbye coh.
it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>637976
(You)
>>
>>637976
>CoH2 is a bad game
Yea we know. This game is only kept alive by spergs and modding.
>>
>>637762
>Military vehicles kill people
>WTF HOW COME THEY ALL THE SAME
the retardation of the CoH2nigger is astounding.
>>
The game's pretty fun but I'm terrible so I won't play it.
>>
>>638271
yeah and I suck at 100m sprints so I will never do 100m sprints because god forbid I accidentally become good at sprints
>>
Help i can't complete the ardennes campaign, the game crash everytime i start the fuel stealing mission, and when i play that map on MP the game also crash.
>>
Got this when it was free and bought the rest of the factions, Any tips for online?
I usually play as Soviets or USF. I can do alright and have pulled off a few 1v1s, but in team games I usually score way less than anyone else. The German tanks absolutely pulverize my armor, USF tanks are useless by my estimation. But I'm like level 20 so I barely know wtf I'm doing.
>>
>>640054
dont even try to make sense of team games
>>
>>640054
>score way less than anyone else
You mean damage dealt? I wouldn't worry about it. Doesn't matter how big of a number you end up with, as long as you hold the VPs.
I can tell you however that fighting tanks is what really pumps this number up. Don't care about infy, put those AT guns to use.
>The German tanks absolutely pulverize my armor, USF tanks are useless by my estimation
Most of german tanks are better at fighting tanks than Allied ones. But allies have better dedicated tank destroyers (Su-85 is an absolute beast. just keep some cons nearby to deter flank-rushing tanks)
Medium tanks for allies are more suited to infantry killing (HE+.50 on sherman and that insane hull MG on T-34). If you want to fight german tanks you gotta rely more on AT guns and infy support.
cons + ura + AT nade
Guards + DP-28 + button down
REMF + pair of 'zooks
do that and you should be good for the time being
>>
>>640163
Thanks. Yeah I meant damage, I know the damage doesn't matter really and in team games my usual strategy is to just rush and hold the nearest VP when it's 3v3 or 4v4. I guess I'll just stick to that. Is everything in the in-game store just cosmetic? I got a free 30k
>>
>>640183
>30k
Thats enough for 2-3 commanders, soviets usually only use the basic ones though. Look up a commander guide to figure which ones are good and which ones are shit, or just buy whatever sounds fun.
>>
>>640054
>The German tanks absolutely pulverize my armor, USF tanks are useless by my estimation.
You'll understand the strenght of each unit better by watching some competitive 2vs2 and 1vs1 so you stop using those units in the wrong.
The skill ceiling is really high
>>
>>637520
When I was 15 I made mods exactly like that.
Now I feel disgusted that I thought filling out a game without understanding design decisions behind its mechanics, was a good idea.
Literally learn2play.
>>
>>640054

Team games are dogshit for working out what works and what doesn't, its purely memes and jank. 2v2 is probably as far as I'd go to say that you still have to be somewhat skilled to reach the higher ranks. 3v3 and 4v4 are literal crap shoots. Just play, work on your trades and try to have fun. If you like when you play them don't even consider any strategy, just work on whether your retreats are good or not. (e.g. retreating immediately in a bad situation, weighing up engagements the minute you hit contact etc)

Since you seem to have picked allies first just remember, Germans hate it when they have to fight machine guns, anything that punishes standing still is your friend, work on your light armor timings and then maximise what you can get out of your first light vehicle. Mines win games, so get used to placing them in the downtime between fire fights. You'll be surprised how often shit just swings your way if you just get into placing them habitually. If you can regularly get your first light vehicle to vet 2/keep it alive the whole game you've done well. As USF always plan to give your riflemen weapon upgrades at some point. As Soviets remember that the faction, like Ostheer, is balanced around combined arms. You always want things to combo together and very rarely will you send off a squad alone unless its a far reaching capper who will retreat immediately after neutralising a point/engineer going to go build stuff w/e. Never walk into a weapon team's fire arc if you can avoid it. Never hit a strong point head on if you can avoid it. Fish hook your engagements so that you always have something sitting on their retreat path/going into a flank when your engagements begin. Scout nigga scout.

Good luck and may RNG bless your penetration rolls.
>>
File: 1390288407864.jpg (208 KB, 1642x1062)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
this game is so horrifically unbalanced it became antifun. jesus christ what happened? it was in a decent state in 2015-16. fucking machine guns everywhere and mortars do fucking nothing. assault grenadiers rape everything. god damn, what an abortion.

the game is EMPIRICALLY unbalanced.
>>
>>641749
>complaining about mgs
>complaining about assgrens
that's gonna be yikes from me
>>
>>641749
>t. Bad player
>>
>>641807
>>641851
no
one
plays
v
you faggots.

mgs are disgusting in team maps. it is impossible to flank them
>>
>>641985
>team
you deserve all of the bullshit
>>
File: ltcolenel.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>641988
and you deserve to play in a community with 500 players in the entire world. dumbass. i cant believe relic gave balance to pro players. now no one cna play except them.
and im not a bad player
>>
>>641991
skillet cope
>>
>>641686
>Germans hate it when they have to fight machine guns
roflmao. this is such bullshit. mgs just get stuka raped. team weapons are irrelevent because kraut MLRS is omnipresent escpecially vs OKW
>>
>>641993
teamlet cope
>>
>>641749
Nigger what? Assault Grenadiers OP? What are you smoking?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.