[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 106 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

File: orct2.jpg (253 KB, 1024x576)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
OpenRCT2 thread?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>59899
Not a strategy game really
>>
>>59939
it's strategy because you play the role of link
>>
>>59944
IT IS WRITTEN
>>
>>59939
This is the best board for it though thanks to the retarded 14 day thread limit on /vr/
>>
>>59939
It is a business sim though and it's been accepted so far that all economic simulation games and derivatives are acceptable on /vst/
>>
>>59939
If you can have zoo tycoon threads you can have this.
>>
I tried RCT 3 recently and absolutely hate it compared to 1 and 2, I don't like the 3D aspect. Anyone else agree?
>>
File: 1537840638795.jpg (408 KB, 1536x2048)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>59899
>queue lines way too long
>having handymen set to mow grass
>shit custom mini roller coaster
>the others are pre-builts
>too many food stands; confirmed fat fuck
>only red balloons
>playing the first scenario for 4 years
FUCK YOU
>>
>>60326
dude wtf
>>
>>59994
It's a good start for younger gamers before they get into RCT2.
>>
>>60326
I keep my lawns impeccably mowed, I usually have janitors specifically tasked for it so the other ones aren't wasting their time. They also should be zoned around paths and stuff so one doesn't go rogue and mow on the other side of the planet like the one in OP. I know it's pointless but having that clean mowed grass tiling in the park is just a sign of perfection to me.

That steel mini is a pile of shit though lmao what the fuck
>>
>>60326
nice
>>
Do you still have to have your own copy of the base game to run it?

If so where can I find it?
>>
>>63030
You can use the free demo of RCT2 and OpenRCT2 will unlock the full game. Google it
>>
>>63048
nice, thanks very much
>>
File: 1437746267798.jpg (739 KB, 1291x833)
739 KB
739 KB JPG
reminder that splash boats are your friend
>>
>>63092
I wish to know more about the designs of these. Splash Boats are one of my favourites.
>>
>>63179
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w6mgxhbso7lt1ws/Quad_Drop_plus_bonuses.rar/file

enjoy. from the /vr/ archive, during the golden age of /vr/ct. anyone know what happened to that thread? was comfy af from 2014-5
>>
I always liked raising a 5x5 hill and putting a haunted house on top of it and then running a ghost train underneath it.
>>
>>63205
Was looking around for it, too.
Just picked the game back up and it's really sad that the community isn't around, anymore.
>>
File: d90.jpg (75 KB, 482x427)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>63764
i hope the /vr/ct guys set up shop in /vst/. last i heard, they moved to a discord which looks to be dead
>>
Trying to make a fully enclosed building with the transparent looking blocks is fucking HARD
>>
File: Six Million Flags.png (324 KB, 1152x832)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>
>>66886
It even has wooden doors. 10/10
>>
Recently reinstalled Windows and lost all my RCT scenario progress, time to restart I guess.
>>
>>59899
try out a game on steam called parkitect
>>
>>63092
Nah man you need some effecient cheaply made but highly profitable coasters with much higher throughput.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJWOMBxRy8A
>>
File: 7skn9inb4lgx.png (490 KB, 368x580)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
Is the vr scenario pack still hosted anywhere? Recently got back into the game but miss some of the old parks.
>>
>>59939
The true strategy is getting people to keep coming to your park despite you intentionally killing guests with your rides
>>
more
>>
>>69835
What did you guys have?
>>
>>66886
>no tennis court
>swimming pool is apparently only one tile
It was so terrible. Kids these days, they do not know. They cannot imagine it.
>>
File: badwrongfun.jpg (47 KB, 800x600)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>63048
Oh shit that's great, gonna try it. I still have rtc3 on steam from like 10 yrs ago. Tried playing recently, but it's too shallow compared to 1 and 2. All the customization and freedom is great, but a a business tycoon game it is not.
>>
>>69773
People who cheese the game like this should be gassed. You may as well be playing with cheats turned on.

A while back, I saw a gokart replacement mod someone made that turned the karts into dirt bikes. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
>>
It's a shame Chris Sawyer doesnt approve of OpenRCT2 and OpenTTD, and considers them a slap in the face of his creative vision
>>
File: lamp oil.jpg (54 KB, 600x455)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>59944
>>59946
Based
>>
Anyone but me obsess over building realistic brake runs/lifts and getting multi-train operation as efficient as possible? I like building mine trains based on the examples at Six Flags Over Texas and Over Georgia for that reason, I can run 4 trains perfectly (train ahead clears the next lift/block brake right before the following train enters). My mine train blocks usually looks like this

>Station
>Lift 1
>Lift 2
>Lift 3
Series of reduction brakes trimming the speed down gradually; not a block brake
>Main Brake
>Safety Brake

So it has 6 total blocks, it will run 5 trains but any little variance in dispatches will cause a cascading effect of block stops--eventually it works itself out but it's annoying so I just set it with 4. Idk why but getting my creations as close to real life is what I enjoy most, lol. The best way to do this is to build a station and work backwards far enough to build a realistic brake run: a safety brake right before the station and enough space for a train to fit behind it, followed by another block brake and a series of reduction brakes set to trim speeds down by 4mph each up to about 30mph, so about 5 or 6 of them.

I also set the minimum/maximum station dwell times to make sure it will keep moving even if a full train's worth of passengers hasn't boarded yet.
>>
>>59899
Downloaded the old /vr/ scenario pack and I'm having a blast so far. Linkin Park was pretty funny and actually decently challenging, from back then and I loved the idea of Wake Me Up Inside even though I probably didn't quite clear it in the intended way. This one was cool as well, never really tried building a reverser or water coaster with high stats before. Thank god for cash machines, otherwise this would've been a complete nightmare with all the land you need to buy and huge ass coasters you need to build.
>>
>>69835
Here you go.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6izs1w1tn7z1sk7/vpack.zip/file
>>
>>76097
>achieve excitement ratings of at least 7.20 each
Boy that one sounds hard for an amateur like me.
>>
>>76445
It's definitely an expert scenario. Once you've figured out the basics of building coasters it's rather easy to get 7.2 on the Multi-Dimension and Lay-down coasters, but the other three are probably among the worst coaster types in the game when it comes to excitement. But on the other hand there is no deadline or other way to fail the scenario, so you can just take your time to build a small money-printing park, save money and then try finishing those coasters.
>>
>>59899
>>>/vm/
>>
>>75453
Really? Dude should just be happy that people are still able play his games 20 years later.
>>
>>76767
Who do you play RCT with?
>>
>>69773
Train stations are the best money makers
>>
>>76134
Thank you anon
>>
>>63350
Kino
>>
>>75418
use cheatmode in ortc2 and allow all cart types on all rides
then just change the go-karts to motorbike carts from the steeplechase
you can also make the entire track invisible by adding corrupted elements
that same guy on yt has plenty videos how to do it

you can do pretty funny stuff with those 2 tricks
>>
>>75453
>>77848
Fuck him if he doesn't like it
>>
>>77848
He is working on faithful mobile ports of all his games currently. He doesnt mind that people are helping his games run on modern setups, he just hates all the additions that are made (eg. excessive parameters and borderline debug tools for OpenRCT2 or path signaling in OpenTTD) which he feels take away from what he designed by overtly complicating the game.
>>
New Parkitect DLC announced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lbvkOJDf5U
>>
File: 9EXbKLa.png (194 KB, 752x576)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>OpenRCT2 now has closer zoom levels

>Our project leader, /u/IntelOrca, has recently added 2x and 4x zoom to OpenRCT2! This has been requested quite a few times, so we hope you all like it. One caveat is that this only works in OpenGL mode, which you may have to turn on in the Options window.
>>
>>79935
Based Parkitectanon
>>
>>63092
I kinda want to go there
>>
>>75418
This, might as well just use openrct2 to sandbox mode what you want to build because you're pretty much killing off the actual scenario points
>>
>>83174
>>75418
Where do you draw line between small coasters and cheesing the game though? Unfortunately, outside of scenarios that require large coasters to clear or attract guests it's usually a lot more profitable to build coasters as small as possible so they just meet the minimum requirements and nothing more. They're usually not as bad as bad as that thing from the video, but still.
>>
>>69773
>>75418
amidoinitright
>>
File: 1597412833325.png (356 KB, 572x380)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>Open new ride
>AI randomly decides to flocks this specific new ride and waits in line for the duration of the whole game.
>Other rides lose profitability and the whole park becomes inefficient

So making long queue is a bad idea now?
>>
>>65246
im a nomad from /vr/, if you didn't hear they officially setup new rules; xbox gamecube and ps2 are considered retro now by the mods. the entire board is done. i dont know where to go now on 4chan, i clicked /vst/ on a whim thank god i found this thread. i love rollercoaster tycoon so much.
>>63092
this is awesome dude, i wish i could build shit that intricate. i find the see through mode built in game to still make it hard as shit.
>>
File: most OP coaster.png (1.78 MB, 2034x1080)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>>84194
>.<
>>
>>84226
It kinda depends on what park you're playing. In pay-per-ride parks very long queue lines will usually negatively affect your profit as you said more walking/waiting, less riding/paying), though a certain length can be useful in case it starts raining and no new guests want to queue for a coaster, for example. But in pay-per-entry parks I don't think there is any reason not to build long queue lines that get the guests off the paths since that counters overcrowding and the guests don't pay for the rides anyway. As long as you keep the waiting time below 6 or 7 minutes (I think), guests won't complain at all.
>>
>>84234
It's nice we finally found a new home
>>
File: unnamed.png (58 KB, 512x351)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>84234
>>85056
Please tell me 2014-2015 era /vr/ct is coming back
>>
>>84234
holy shit I just checked out /vr/, my condolences
>>
>>84234
I didn't hear about the new rules, fuck the mods, /vr/ is gonna become /v2&=/
>>
File: Dynamite Dunes WIP.png (2.22 MB, 1920x1160)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
This is a Dynamite Dune I'm working on. Not sure how I feel about the large building yet.
>>
>>86387
>dueling woodie
Muh dik
Looks really cool. I never really bothered to make buildings like that though it looks nice as well, maybe I should try.
>>
>>86586
Thanks, bro.
I find it best to build the ride first then throw the scenery around to serve it. If that makes sense.
>>
File: 1593780318539.gif (2.32 MB, 320x240)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB GIF
>>86387
>infinite money
>>
>>79457
>>77848
>>75453
He was already Mr. No Fun Allowed ever since RCT1. All the patches for it were just to block custom scenarios.
>>
>>87218
Who would have guessed someone obsessed with thrill rides was autistic and couldn't dream of losing control of something
>>
File: MaximumThroughput.jpg (591 KB, 1280x720)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>84251
Nice, here is my design
>>
>>88038
I really hate that the AI seems to heavily prefer one certain station of a multi-station ride. Unless it's a small/crowded park like this there will usually be barely any guests queuing for any of stations except one.
>>
>>59899
Is there any point in using launcher?
>>
Its good
>>
Woah this thread is still up?
>>
How do I git gud at coaster building?
>>
>>91120
Bank your curves.
Seriously, that's the single easiest to fix noob mistake
>>
>>91120
Don't have sudden stops, i.e. at the end of the ride going from track speed to 4mph with a single brake... build a run of at least 4 brakes and set them to gradually trim down the speed.

Also using a higher track elevation to bleed off speed for turns can keep intensity down (as opposed to making turns at the bottom of drops where speed is highest).

Don't go as high as you can for every coaster... 80-100 ft tall rides keep speed and forces to manageable levels.
>>
>>60326
>only red ballons
Based, everyone knows you must have at least three different balloon stalls, each with a different color.
>>
File: Birthday.jpg (43 KB, 500x423)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>92138
>>
Playing OpenRCT. My coaster had a crash during testing. I opened it and all these idiots go "I'm not going on coaster - it isn't safe"

Didn't in RCT originally they distinguish if there was a real crash or a crash during testing?
>>
>>92282
I might be wrong but it seems like if you leave it closed (with the trains off the track) for some period of time and reopen it, people will 'forget' about the accident
>>
>>92282
Does refurbishing remove that
>>
>>86387
This looks so impressive.
>>
>>92138
what is the best balloon color combination?
rainbow colors are out because fags ruined it
>>
>>93237
I usually go with red/yellow or blue/yellow
>>
>>93237
RGBY
>>
Nice game
>>
>>
I remember hearing that having a coaster stay underground for too long penalizes the excitement. This true?
>>
>>97735
No, adding at least one underground section even adds a little bit to the excitement rating. Also if at least 30% (I think) of the track are underground then guests will keep riding it even in the rain. I think the only rides that take a penalty for too much underground track are Gokarts and transport rides.

>>92570
Yes, makes the ride brand new again so all crashes are forgotten and guests will pay the full price again to ride it. Honestly refurbishing feels like cheating, at least when it's smaller, not too expensive rides because those cost fuck all to refurbish.
>>
I guess everyone decided to just piss off
>>
>>100190
I'm still in the throwing shit down and seeing what sticks out phase.
>>
I did play this some, but I'm retarded
>>
>>100190
We have to build up our threads again
Every park starts small too
>>
>>86387
I like to call this the 95% stage when I have the bulk work done, just need to spice it up and tweak some stuff. Spend some time away so my eyes can rest and see it fresh. The corkscrew and suspend coaster seem a little bland, but I'm not sure how to improve it. Deserts are hard because you don't get much in terms of scenery.
>>87162
Yeah, I've beaten almost all of the campaigns and this one several times. If I wanted to I could do it with money and it probably would be that much harder. The most expensive part is land acquisition. I just really wanted to dive into the building stuff.
>>106420
Well, here is my contribution.
>>
>>107081
Bop.
>>
>>107100
>>
Made a park with a bunch of coasters
>>
>>107399
Giga Coaster 4 looks too intense for me!
>>
>>107081
>no pyramid/10
I'm not good with scener so I'm afraid I can't give you any criticism other than it looks good to me, pretty realistic. I wouldn't say the corkscrew looks to bland either but rather something you might expect in an actual park. Not sold on the other one though, not because your design isn't good but rather because suspended coasters kinda suck in general. You can barely do anything with them since they have no inversions and are basically just a bunch of flat turns. Why choose that of all things over something else like the looping coaster or even the mini roller coaster?

>>107399
Very nice, the park must be an absolute clusterfuck. Even if it's mostly the easiest to build coaster types, it's still impressive to see you get as high as 13 excitement on that Giga coaster. Since you know your shit I'd love to see what you can do on some of the less great coaster types as well like the stand-up coaster. Maybe even the junior or side-friction coaster, though of course those might be a bit less fun to build with no inversions and stuff.
>>
>>108202
Thanks, it is really dense. I was considering going for more variety but in the end I just like stuffing as much as I can through loops and helixes and shit
>>
>>107399
>>109442
Well done my dude. I don't think I've ever gotten a 13 excitement. Granted, I'm an autist that models things after real rides, but well done either way.
>>108202
The woodie is called Mummy's Tomb, I really want to put in a pyramid. Problem is, the thing is way bigger then I remembered and I'm stuggling with squeezing it on the hill. I might try and re-landscape and slip the pyramid over one of the bends.
As for the suspended, I wanted an inverted coaster, don't know why, just felt right. I also wanted a "kiddie" coaster with low intensity. Iron Dragon is one my favorite kiddie/family coasters and I wanted to emulate that.
>>
Uploaded all of the Official Addons to a temporary mediafire account. Feel free to reupload somewhere else. It includes all the RCT1 and RCT2 website download content and the exclusive Classic Tycoon Park map.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/05gnjya7si42aln/OpenRCT2+Official+Addon+Pack.zip/file
>>
I wish there was a way to have UI and in game scale at different resolutions. I want bigger UI while keeping the world nice and crispy and not super blown up.
>>
>>109780
Oops, forgot to include the promo and competition scenarios from RCT1, please use this instead.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yehhc9ohlxqduuj/OpenRCT2+Official+Addon+Pack.zip/file
>>
>>107399
I wanted to try and make a high excitement coaster too since I don't think I ever got as high as 13 either, and it actually worked out even though it took all the tricks I know and the result is an abomination that also takes almost 6 minutes to finish. Still happy I can claim to have built an ultra-extreme excitement coaster now too!
Though maybe it would've been better with a regular Twister coaster since those can do inversions/loopings? I might try that later.
>>
>>109960
Hopefully last version, did the conversion myself so now, so Tycoon Park should work without the need to disable hash checking.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s8w3j3i8oe5lja7/OpenRCT2+Official+Addon+Pack+v3.zip/file
>>
>>110071
Nice job. The biggest trick in getting high excitement ratings is abusing the total air time (which your ride has a lot of) because there is no limit to how many excitement points that stat contribute, whereas other stuff like number of inversions, closeness to other rides, scenery, how many pieces are underground, etc all have a limit I think.
>>
Are there any good packs of custom scenarios?
>>
>>111549
https://youtu.be/n_c5sbchXBw
>>
>>108202
>>109702
There is nothing wrong with suspended coasters. I've also been on Iron Dragon and loved it. Building them in-game is a different challenge, they're not really 'parking lot coasters,' they are good terrain coasters and I like to route them down the side of a ridge/hill and really get the cars swinging... adding the floorless suspended trains raises excitement a little bit.
>>
>>111590
Man this promo gives me big mid 2000s flashbacks. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>112382
I never really though about it, but you're are right. Most suspend coasters I've seen/been on fly through trees and over lakes. Honestly, the ride I have would be perfect if it wasn't in a damn desert. It has the hill, just need some some trees, maybe a little pond and it would be pretty decent. Anyways I think I'm done with this park, I'll stop spamming it. I submerged some pyramids, changed some colors, redid the dinghy slide station. I don't know what else to do. I'm slightly tempted to go into Planet Coaster and rebuild the Woodie; having the tunnels be all decorated and spooky, but that's for another day.
>>
Any good orct2 hacks?
>>
>>66886
oy vey you forgot the eagles and bears, how dare you forget an important part of the holocoaster
>>
>>115090
OpenRCT has cheats built-in. You can activate it in some settings menu.
>>
>>60326
light blue only for me, mom
>>
>>115090
Recent dev versions added plug-in support. Not much yet, but I'm sure they'll be some good stuff eventually.
>>
File: ramen.png (346 KB, 1376x1466)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>
>>75418
>People who cheese the game like this should be gassed.
you never had any of these travelling amusement parks in your town? they come with their own roller coaster that when unpacked looks exactly like this with maybe like a small hill added to it and it just takes you in circles a few times, and people are queueing up for it anyway
>>
>>117140
tasty
>>
>>117140
Nice
>>
>>109811
But you can! There is an option in settings.
>>
Once a ride has been opened, it should cost money to remove it instead of returning money. Would be way more balanced to refurbish that way since it would at least cost more than the original.
>>
>>120858
It's not a competitive game so it doesn't really need that kind of balance.
>>
Does anyone have the RCT Mart archive ZIP?
>>
>>121885
Found it http://www.mediafire.com/file/d5905mb4g6s9yzl/RCTMART.7z/file
>>
>>121190
Depth to game mechanics goes beyond competition. It just makes a flat out more enjoyable game.
Less sandbox, more game please and thank you. That is the biggest issue with tycoon games - balancing sandbox with challenge.
>>
Can I join you guys?
>>
>>
>>63092
>make a huge fucking drop
>have a tiny little hill at the bottom
>boats fucking rocket over it at 9000 mph but don't leave the track.
>>
>>63092
RIP Splash Mountain
>>
>>123965
Yee
Next thread should specify theme park strategy games in general
>>
>>123965
sure
>>
honestly I never actually played this much
>>
https://www.frontier.co.uk/news/press-releases/announcing-rollercoaster-tycoon-3-complete-edition-nintendo-switch-and-pc
>>
>>130139
Huh
>>
>>130139
suck my asshole with that shit
>>
>>130139

Unironically excited. Switch actually has quite a few building games on it and they all run really good in handheld mode. It's greay being max comfy and playing buildan games.
>>
>>130139
Why would a PC player need to buy this if they already have the original? There's ways to make it run at 1080p without this.
>>
File: images (14).jpg (18 KB, 190x266)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>130139
I'd play the shit out of Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic on switch. Chris Sawyer just do it already.
>>
>>132349
I assume the interface got scaled up for 1080p, so that might be worth it. The original also has compatibility issues on certain setups, so going forward it'll be good to have a version that's a bit more future proof.
>>
File: missing files.png (33 KB, 893x796)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Any anons recognize these files?
>>
>>133467
Before anyone says anything, I tried the download button and it couldn't find them.
>>
>>133467
Custom dildo scenery
>>
>>130139
>>132349
>>132013
The only 2 good things about rct 3 is using custom files to make meme parks and the zoo expansion. Switch obviously won't allow uploading files.
The scenario objectives are a joke. Things like makes sure Bill Clinton has a coaster to ride but if you somehow manage to fuck that up he'll be back in a 6 months.
I guess that could be a good thing or bad thing depending on the person. But I like having the objective and a fail state like in 1 or 2
Also making a meme park just isn't the same with invincible guests
>>
>>132358
>look it up
>it's an exact 1:1 port with only a few changes to make it easier to play with a controller and on a tv

Man, the original Xbox was a weird console. Weird in a good way.
>>
>that long of a queue for the helter skelter
Fucking why? They're never popular
>>
>>134263
>Also making a meme park just isn't the same with invincible guests
That's why RCT3fags improvised with peep bowling.
>>
is there gonna be a freedoom kinda thing for this?
>>
>>135861
I haven't been playing OpenRCT lately and I'm really just lurking here but it looks like they've added plug-in support at some point. There's even a site for it: http://openrct2plugins.org/
>>
>>135926
huh
>>
>>135861
>>137304
Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. If you're wondering whether it's going to have a free graphics and sounds replacement, it looks like a few people are working on it but it's going very slowly.
>>
>>137458
Yeah
>>
>>59899
Yo, thanks for making this thread. I’d never heard of this game before; downloaded it and had a blast for the past couple hours. I now have a game to play!
>>
>>141908
Have fun
>>
>>59899
How do I go about the Crazy Castle scenario (newb here)? Do I build 1 ride, get it profitable, and then move on? I've tried going all out at first, but I go broke.
>>
>>143173
It's a pay-per-ride park, so if you actually go broke you're most likely not charging a high enough price for your rides. You can charge ridiculous amounts for coasters (~$10 for very minimalistic coasters, up to $20 for big ones with actually good stats; the same goes for all other rides that get high stats like some water and thrill rides) and there is virtually no upside to charging less than the guests are willing to pay. So just pay attention to your prices and money should never be an issue in those parks. In general, building smaller coasters is a lot more efficient than large ones so never dump all your money into one big coaster but build lots of smaller rides instead. Keep the park reasonably compact and expand as you get more guests so they won't wander aimlessly for hours without finding any rides (and giving you their money). In that castle scenario in particular you should definitely cut off the paths on the walls, no guest should ever go there since they'd only get lost.
>>
>>144198
>In that castle scenario in particular you should definitely cut off the paths on the walls
This I failed that scenario once because in the last year I had so many lost guests on the walls and the behind the river my park rating plummeted.
>>
>>123965
They fix the save bug that randomly deletes huge parts of custom rides yet?
>>
>>
>>123965
No because I hate this aesthetic
>>
File: 1.jpg (8 KB, 312x162)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>
>>123965
>>150804
I'm curious about it, but I don't like the aesthetic either.
Why did they have to make it look like every other soulless trash indie game ever?
>>
File: 20190219114236_1.jpg (662 KB, 1920x1080)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
>>146091

Yes and released a new DLC that has lazer light show and fireworks editor.

>>150804
>>151932

I thought the same thing but it has since grown on me. The game is far from soul less and I much prefer it to PC. The amount of customization you can do is amazing and all the qol stuff they added makes it really hard for me to go back to RCT.
>>
File: 2020-Park-Map.jpg (2.68 MB, 3795x3540)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
Would a high end pc be able to run on high graphics and at least 35 fps recreated, fairly detailed real life theme parks like holiday world, kings Island, and cedar point.
>>
>>153034
Does this place really only have 3 holiday themed area? I grew up seeing flyers for it at rest stops while my family drove across the Midwest and it seemed like it would have way more.
>>
>>153505
4: Christmas, Halloween, 4th of july, and Thanksgiving. It's a great park by the way. Amazing coasters, decent theming, cheap tickets and free parking, water park included with admission, high cleanliness, and free pop stations.
>>
>>150830
nice
>>
>>150830
>no most dazzling color scheme award
>>
>>
How do you guys plan the layouts of your park?
Also, is it a smart idea to group rides by excitement or intensity ratings?
>>
>>150830
It should be made you only get the worst food award if you're playing one of the Six Flags scenarios
>>
>>158515
oof
>>
>>158515
No it just shouldn't let you sell any food items for less than $7
>>
>>66886
>no masturbation machines
>no oven
>no eagle & bear
>no chimney towers
>no pits fueled by (Naturally) flammable women

You do get points for the pool though
>>
>>92138
Put a different colored balloon stall at the exit of every single ride, and block off access to the exit from the main path (something you should do anyways).
>>
>>66886
nice
>>
>>92138
This
>>
if i ever really get back into rct i wanna make a park that tells an ongoing story
so one day, a wolf (or horse, or some other less-than-domesticated mammal) and a dragon struck a bet; the wolf claimed the best kind of place would have something to cater to everyone who enters, while the dragon argued that the best kind of entertainment should only be given to those worthy of it.
so they stuck out towards different areas of the park and started building. the wolf set up shop near the entrance, building gentler rides, shops, and simple entertainment venues for families to enjoy, while the dragon planned ginormous rollercoasters and thrill rides at the opposite end of the park, looming over the rest, daring guests to ride them. meanwhile, other animals would set up shop around the park to provide variety in experiences and extra personalities for the original two to bounce off of.
while the wolf's section of the park would indeed have a little something for everyone to enjoy, guests would be encouraged to gradually go for rides near the dragon's end of the park for the sake of overcoming one's limits and fears, with a bit of bragging rights merch to boot
>>
How the fuck do I make money in scenarios where the rides have to be free? I'm so used to making big bux by making some tiny ass launched looping coaster for dirt cheap
Placing stalls strategically and hiking the price up works to a degree, but they still don't spend money nearly as often and I can't price things highly enough.
>>
>>168871
Don't build big ass coasters. As dumb as it is, a small one attracts as many guests as some huge ass extreme excitement monster. Lots of gentle/thrill rides help attract guests too, they're cheap and their somewhat low profit/hour doesn't matter in those scenarios anyway.
Figure out what the average/maximum amount of money is that guests carry (this varies from scenario to scenario) and adjust your entrance fee accordingly so you get all/most of your guests money immediately without relying on stalls and stuff. You want to hit this maximum entrance fee as soon as possible, so just max out your loan in the beginning and build as large a park as you can.
The problem with these parks is that guests won't leave your park just because they're broke because they can still ride everything for free, and the more guests you already have the less new guests (with new money) will arrive. If you just manage your money well and set the maximum entrance fee, you will always have enough cash to beat even the more challenging parks like Amity Airfield and such. If it doesn't work out, I guess there are some tricks you can use. Once you have a lot of guests already and new ones arrive very slowly, you can close your park and all your rides to force everyone to leave, then open your park again and watch your park fill up again with new, paying guests. I've also seen people not build any restrooms in order to automatically drive out guests and make room for new ones, not sure how well this works. But yeah, doing shit like this kinda sucks and isn't required for any of the original scenarios anyway.
>>
>>168903
Forgot to add, if you're playing an RCT2 scenario, don't build cash mashines. They're ridiculously good in pay-per-ride parks, but a trap in pay-per-entry parks since you want your guests to be broke and leave as soon as possible, and cash machines don't help with that. Only build them in the later stages of the scenario once you start caring more about guest count (to meet the objective) rather than money.
>>
>>168903
>>168922
That should help a lot, thanks mate
>>
>>168476
do they try to kill each other?
>>
>>170591
it's a battle of philosophies, not a fight to the death.
>>
>>170757
fair enough
>>
>>172021
besides, it's a fuckin amusement park, dude
gotta keep things family-friendly
>>
>>168476
That sounds cool actually
>>
>>170757
do they fuck?
>>
>>168903
>>168922
Managed to get runaway profit in Fungus Woods in no time with these strategies, thanks
>>
>>179467
Glad it helped. If you can beat Fungus Woods without problems now you can probably set to beat all the other scenarios too. Rainbow Summit is still an interesting challenge though if you're doing it "properly" instead of cheesing.
>>
I only have RCT1 on CD that I bought many moons ago. Is it worth it to buy RCT2 nowadays (off Steam?), or should I pirate it?
>>
>>180489
No reason to not buy it off steam or gog if you want a zero effort way of redownloading it in the future and don't mind paying the money. It's easy as fuck to pirate though since there's just a gog release.
>>
>>180489
There is no need to pirate it:
https://openrct2.org/downloads/demo

RCT1 scenarios:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3cw47sd2wt3hues/ExactRCT1Recreations.zip/file
>>
>>153034
Indiana or Ohio?
>>
>>180559
> exact RCT1 recreations
That one is still limited by RCT2 capabilities (no ability to set both paid rides and admission as well ATM fuckery). The real roller coaster tycoon scenarios actually function closer to what they should be.
>>
How is Planet Coaster?
>>
>>182398
if all you want is a theme park builder I guess it's fine
otherwise just play RCT3 if you want 3d, it's really not all that interesting as a game
>>
>>182025
You can import the RCT1 scenarios if you tell OpenRCT2 where your RCT1 data is, and you do benefit from doing so in other ways such as unlocking booster pieces, but they won't have the right footpath designs. And I think it was terrible for RCT2 to cut the tiled paths.
>>
>>181457
Where do I live? Kansas
>>
huh
>>
I forgot how slow this board is now
>>
dead as shit
>>
>>184270
pity
>>
>>168903
>Don't build big ass coasters
I've been playing this game since I was a baby, always fucking struggling on the RCT2 scenarios because of pay per entry, and you mean to tell me the way you got past it was not to build fucking rollercoasters
>>
File: 20200711103551_1.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
for me, its inversions
>>
>>195275

First off he said BIG ASS coaster, not no coasters.

Second: yes. Coaster are super exspensive so their long term profit they make for you isn't as big as pay per ride for those missions. You really want rides that are cheap and get people in and out of your park since really, the only way to make money if from your gate.
>>
File: 20201002112723_1.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>196279

Shit that looks good. I just started this park. Going for a frontier feel with it.
>>
File: 20201002113024_1.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>196343

Better shot of the coaster. Going to put a bunch of rocks around it to make it look like a mountain.
>>
File: 20201002113055_1.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>196352

Mni railway goes though the mountain. I have this little open section I'm gonna put some decor in.
>>
File: 20201002113350_1.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>196355

And a wild mouse coaster I made on my test park. I have always hated wild mouse coaster, but recently I have somehow started building really good ones.
>>
File: 20201002113451_1.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1080)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>196361

Same wild mouse but with decor so I could test how the lighting and fireworks system worked. The lights blink around the whole ride and it was a bitch to do. Looks good but my game is bugged where night time isn't dark for some reason.
>>
File: 1447363711468.png (10 KB, 493x402)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>196369
shit nigga, this looks legit
i cannot into ride supports or even decent stationbuildings
>>
>>196390

It's really nothing. I just did the outside of it and that's about it. The real hard part was the lights, I had to redo them a few times to make sure they looped.
>>
File: 20200630205531_1.jpg (583 KB, 1920x1080)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>196559
my stuff always ends up looking the same with industrial buildings made from concreteslabs.
it kinda works in most parks but i really got to start building other stuff.
here is what "decoration" i can come up with...
>>
>>196599

Doesn't look half bad. Here is a decent tip if you are going to spam the same decoration, press the rotate key 3 OR 5 times before you place down the next object. A simple roation of objects can really spruce the scenery up so it doesn't all face the same way, and by rotating the object an odd number or times not only will you get all 4 sides but it adds a bit of "randomness" to it so it looks a bit more natural. Works for a good base and then you can nit pick later. I would also recomend putting some cati in there to give it a bit more color.
>>
its nice
>>
>feel nostalgia about rct
>reinstall rct with openrct2
>play and finish 2-3 scenarios
>get bored and quit
>repeat step 1 once or twice a year
why is this game like this
>>
>>197666
Download custom scenarios.
>>
>>117140
How do the chopsticks stay up?
>>
>>198118
For you.
>>
File: 20200717053737_1.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
why are monorailcoasters so aesthetic?
>>
>>182025
Not to mention no more unlocking vehicle designs, ride improvements, etc. I guess unlockable ride improvements could be considered limitations because you're just given everything for free in RCT2, but I always found wooden coasters more interesting when they were harder to build and getting the water splash more rewarding when you earned it.

Imo RCT2 is a better construction set, but RCT1 is better just as a game, and if you don't give a fuck about building structures. I wish 2 wasn't the default everyone played.
>>
>>199289
why is that game you are playing so ugly?
>>
>>199882
idk? settings are on max
>>
based game
>>
>>199289
Because gay ass minimalism is the design choice du jour
>>
>>202718
>waaah, why isnt it photorealistic
oh, you are retarded. why didnt you say so from the start
>>
>>202737
Not what I meant. Keep trying
>>
>>202777
thx for the bump then. we were on page 8 or so
>>
>>202859
You're welcome
>>
Man, Koreans really love these park building games huh
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2064261802
>>
>>204562
>That underground tunnel entrance and mine themed area
>the back sections of the buildings were poorly made
>There's walls and DMZ lines outside the park.
>Pink building is Kim's winter castle in the mountains, but there's a zipline connecting it to a grim looking building, probably meant to be a gulag prison
Man, this guy are shitposting using theme parks lol.
>>
File: Screen Shot.png (2.89 MB, 2880x1800)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB PNG
Meanwhile, here's my latest coaster. It's a Mine train.
>>
>>204585

>Turns not banked.

based.

Though for real. Guests want for intense rides is retarded. You can have a ride with a billion excitment, but because the intensity rating is low they won't bother to ride it.
>>
File: Screen Shot AM.png (2.94 MB, 2880x1800)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>>112662
Also, here's a reconciliary gift to the thread. Here's your woody in Parkitect, altough I think I missed some details since I only use one angle as a ref.
>>
File: Turquoise Boomer.png (248 KB, 512x512)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
Here's the blueprint. I don't know if posting it on 4chan ruined the image, but I think as the data is stored in the pixels in the corner, it should be okay.
>>
>>204609
Nah, it's okay for me. It's an incentive to diversify your rides. Also, it's a challenge to research good coaster before those thrillseekers turned into vandals. As long as you know what you're doing, it's fine. I managed to clear Victoria Lake without even triggering the many vandal notification.
>>
Besides banking curves does anyone have tips for building better coasters?
>>
>>204783

Not really cause making an actual realistic coaster with banked turns ususally ends up completely bominb your coaster.
>>
this thread is still up, amazing
>>
rate my coaster
>>
>>204974
Don't build megacoasters unless you're in a "X rides with at least Y excitement" scenario. A few small coasters with high throughput will out-perform a large one every time.
>>
Not OpenRCT2 but fuck this scenario. Beat it recently after failing the first time.
>>
>>205172
There are also a few scenarios that have a soft guest cap of 1000 that can only be raised by building bigger coasters with a certain minimum track length.

>>204974
You could post some of your designs you're unhappy with. In general, it's really just a matter of managing velocity/G forces well. Like, you should make sure to create some nice air time when going over hills, but doing so at too high speeds can quickly raise the intensity. Same for inversions.
>>
>>205450
How are the touch screen controls for that game? Is it awkward to build stuff?
>>
>>206673

Not really. Would recomend getting a pen though.
>>
File: 20201008205328_1.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
Some screen shots from the park I am working on in Parkitect. Supposed to be frontier themed. I kind of hate the station. I don't know how to make it interesting on the outside.
>>
File: 20201008205410_1.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>206876

The inside though is pretty cool. In the middle we have info kiosks, bathrooms and ATMs. Kinda wish there where hanging lights. Maybe I should try making some.
>>
File: 20201008205343_1.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>206879

Another shot of mains street. Still needs some more details. The houses have 4 shops and hides staffrooms, training rooms and chuts.
>>
File: 20201008205500_1.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>206880

Another angle of the shops.
>>
File: 20201008205516_1.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>206884

And the insides. Shops are really small. Once I finish this area gonna work on the mine train section.
>>
File: Screen Shot 0 AM.png (3.27 MB, 1200x1500)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
>>206876
Try breaking up the facade into less uniform buildings by different textures and heights. At this point it basically just mirrored and seems boring, not to mention that they are just the most basic square shape ever. It doesnt even have to actually fit the space inside, just make it more exciting. Give the station a faux second story for the front side.
Also, maybe some diagonal hanging lights might help give you that "grand square" feel.
>>
>>207002

You are right. and that gives me an idea. Now the real hard part

>mfw I'm now going to completey destroy 6 hours of work.
>>
>>207081
Well, don't overdo it then. Just give new roofs, alternating heights, and bit of repaint to break up the building, the inside is already nice.
Just watch Silvarrett and experiment as you play the game, eventually you get the hang of it. I only show the screenshot to the wild west park so far because I deleted my game last year and only coming back last week. When in reality I've spent 50 hours+ in.
>>
>>205040
Is that one large train?
Also clean yo’ vandalism
>>
>>206673
I have a fairly large phone and its still kinda awkward at times. It's still playable just needs time getting used to, such as closing windows by accident, misplacing paths, having to drop staff one by one by hand, I won't bother with scenery building. I'm half way through the scenario list so it's definitely doable. Takes time to get used to but I found it worth it just so I could play during long quiet work shifts.
>>
>>60326
That's a peak childhood game there friendo
>>
>>208042
Two trains and I don't care about vandalism too much here since it's a test park.
>>
File: 20201009203415_1.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>207116

Despite you telling me not to.... I over did it. Really it had to be done. There was no way to really break everything up without redoing the whole thing. I don't care though as it is now, much much better. The only problem I know have is that the mod I am using for some of the walls aren't actual walls so they do not seperate the paths or block vision. To top it all off other walls clip really bad so in genereall that entire right building technically doesn't exist. I think I might just delete it all and go back to the offical supported walls despite that the mod walls look a lot better.
>>
>build cool roller coaster
>intensity:15
>delete it and start over
>>
>>209149
The beginnings of everyone who has ever played RCT
>>
File: Screen Shot PM.png (2.52 MB, 1600x1000)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
Coral Caldera scenario, but I only built on the brim.
>>
>>214470
>>214470
were you going for a greek seaside theme ?
>>
File: Screen Shot 2M.png (2.37 MB, 1400x875)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
>>215245
Indeed. Money was very dry though and I had to keep taking loans, so it's also a Greek in experience.
>>
>>215480
Unfortunate you cant change the light house colors, and what is located underneath the teacup ride ? Great job with intergrating the rollercoaster into the theming on the top right.
>>
File: Commodus.png (218 KB, 512x512)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>215576
Underneath the teacup ride is the station for the wild mouse. I used lift hills to quickly get them up and down. It took me a day planning the entrance area because I'm not used of building vertically in the hills.
>>
File: parki39.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
Where's the RCTboomers?
>>
File: 20201013232703_1.jpg (453 KB, 1920x1080)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Update on my frontier park. Main enterence area is "done" for now. Could put some more minor details and the station I still have little idea how to improve but as of now, VERY happy with the overhual. Looks a shit ton better and as I said, maybe some minor details here and there.
>>
File: 20201013232636_1.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>216180
Another picture of the otherside. Also paint job is still for the most part up in the air. Will probably go back and redo a lot of the pain work.
>>
File: 20201013232713_1.jpg (467 KB, 1920x1080)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>216182
Now the next section: The mine train area. Trying to make the area a little shanty miner town but then after messing with the pieces I got the idea to try making a shop themed after a fort which is that big building to the right. Looks a bit to castly and doesn't really fit. most likely I'm gonna just delete everything and just about start over but I have some ideas I think are gonna look good. Hopefully tonight I will also be able to start decorating the mine train coaster.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (36 KB, 500x363)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>216188
Castle in west eh? Building it out of wooden wall is a good call. A wild west fort might suit as an inspiration.

Meanwhile, I download some campaign park saves from Steam to look for inspiration and accidentally cleared Nova Labs by just the virtue of continuing the save. I have renamed the save just in case, but I guess the game recognize it afterall. What a bummer. I want to be cheeky and themed it like a museum or exhibit but I guess it'll have to come later.
>>
>>216153
whats with the white hand ?
>>
File: 20201014225314_1.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
Update from tonights stream. Deleted everything and restarted. Made it a miner/shanty town. Still needs the finer details but so far I like it. Not sure about the haunted house, I have a mod that lets you make your own "haughted house" rides so I might delete and make one that matches a bit better with the theme.
>>
File: 20201014225327_1.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1080)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>216879
Also decorated the mine train coaster. Made it look like part of it is a rocky mountain. Ironically the hardest part was placing the trees. I just can't seem to like the look of the trees.
>>
File: 20201014225338_1.jpg (500 KB, 1920x1080)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>216881
>>
File: 20201014225403_1.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>216883
And finally, inside the open section. The other tracks are from the mini railway that also runs through the mountain.
>>
>OpenRCT2 thread
>half of the thread is some faggot posting pictures from some unity trash
>>
>>217904
>OpenRCT2 thread
>Fagot bitches about content being posted while contributing nothing.
>>
>>217904
This is kind of a general roller coaster simulation thread
Also post stuff
>>
File: 1463500271046.gif (1.99 MB, 395x313)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>59899
>know how the game works
>completely destroy every original scenario in your sleep
>only the most sadistic of custom scenarios remotely pose a challenge anymore
>can't get into scenery autism
>tfw you can never go back to being stuck for weeks trying to beat Fiasco Forest as a kid
>>
I've been playing too much OpenRCT2 and Parkitect and now I have built up so much autism that I got idea for a new type of roller coaster. I googled about a bit and it seems that nothing of the sort exists yet:

Drifting Roller Coasters
Basically, you take your regular-ass spinning wild mouse or whatever, arrange the seats to all face forward, and modify the spinning mechanism. Instead of letting it spin freely around its centre of mass, the point of rotation would be moved towards the front, and a spring system would be added to make sure it centres itself automatically when going straight.
This arrangement should mean that whenever there's enough lateral gs, the tail end of the car would swing out as if the car were drifting around the corner.
The theming pretty much writes itself too
>>
>>223837
I've thought about the same thing too, but with a third rail that actuates the rotation (like X at Magic Mountain)
>>
File: 20201022011057_1.jpg (713 KB, 1920x1080)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
I feel like I'm getting the hang of block sections finally
Also, how the fuck can anyone play this game without camera mods? The default angle is so bloody awkward.
>>
nice
>>
>>227438
what coaster is that?
>>
>>228400
Inverting Wooden Coaster, it uses steel track in places to do steeper or inverting sections
>>
>>228445
I completley forgot that was in the game. this weekend is gonna be fun.
>>
>>206884
>>207002
>>206888
>>206880
>>206879

Parkitect is suck a souless game. Even RCT 3 have more SOUL.

RCT 2 still the best.
>>
>>231491

>Le soulless meme.

Parkitect is fucking fantstic.
>>
>>231866
faggot
>>
>>232043

cool
>>
File: roller.png (2.39 MB, 1920x1080)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
What should I do next? I got my asian part, my research facility and castle. Any other department I should work on?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.