[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: orangeslaught.jpg (98 KB, 540x540)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I've had enough of the wackiness of Nexerelin now.
What mods would you recommend for a "Vanilla+" style playthrough?
>>
>>575467
Wolfs and phase ships are great to have in reserves to much on your runners.
Capitals are boring to pilot, especially the paragon. Wolves are fun.
>>
>>575478
Safety Overrides / Unstable Injector makes a lot of Destroyers and Cruisers fun to pilot. Personally I wouldn't pilot anything slower than 150su.
>>
>>575467
Vanilla is boring though
>>
>>575490
better than degeneracy.
>>
>>575493
That leaves most factions out of the running, that leaves vanilla's main questline disabled, at the end all that is left is going around hunting bounties with the same ships I've been using for years. Vanilla gets boring.
>>
How do I get into the Safety Override meme past Destroyer? I've just been using the Hammerhead so far
>>
>>575498
how did you know I only play bounty?
>>
>>575505
based bountychad
>>
Yo can anyone tell me if the game is stable now or should i wait more to play the game?
>>
>>575499
Its too bad the latest patch took out s-mod SO, because SO aurora is a blast to play.
2x heavy blasters (forward turret mounts)
4x Sabot launchers in the fixed forwards
1x Sabot SRM pod in the rear launcher
1x Typhon Reaper in mid fixed launcher

The rest of the mounts, you can fix PD to flavor (at least 1 rear, 1 left and 1 right)

With missile skills and Expanded missile magazines, you get 3x missiles.
That means 9 sabots per 3x launcher, 36 on rear pod and 15 reapers.

The other mods you need are:
Hardened shields
Hardened subsystems (for 5 minutes play time before CR degrades)

Fit leftover points to capacitors.

Man I need SO back as possible s-mod.
>>
>>575499
I like the Aurora a lot for SO builds. Extremely agile for a cruiser, great shields with the right hullmods, and you've got several options for the mounts. Eagles might also be good. I've also seen SO Dominators but that's less of a speedy killer and more of an in-your-face berserker.
>>
>>575513
Nothing was stopping you from playing SO Aurora before story points were a thing, the fuck is stopping you now?
>>
>>575517
Nothing - I have a save with a grandfathered SO s-mod Aurora.

Before? I didn't know about it.

S-mods give you so much versatility it actually makes it FUN to play.

If only I could SO conquests. Imagine the Dakka drifting FUN.
>>
>>575517
Everyone was spoiled by free SO so they don't want the old SO balanced around its OP cost.
>>
>everyone's so butthurt over SO nerf in last update
lol just go edit the settings.json and make it back to how it used to be lmao
>>
>>575569
'no'
Alex must issue a public apology
>>
>>575575
Apology for what? People were even telling him in the update announcement page it was inevitably going to be SO and nothing else by making S-mods apply to all hullmods equally. It was inevitable really.
>>
>>575584
Its kind of a hasty fix, I would have preferred a less knee-jerk reaction to using story points to build in SO, like giving the “ill-advised modifications” debuff? Now Alex is on about reaming the Trmpest with the nerf-bat, I’m not playing a fucking MMO
>>
>>575612
Forum users complained they didn't want their ships to suddenly malfunction regardless of CR.
>>
File: 1501799952339.png (11 KB, 307x462)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>575630
Instead of having a price to having SO built-in, they'd rather remove it because they're a bunch of retards that can't help but take it? Jesus christ.
>>
>modders idea of balance
>>
>>575612
the Tempest is merely a little too good, which is fine imo. it should stand out since the description states it's a bleeding edge frigate design from shortly before the Collapse. its maintenance profile sits at almost double that of the more common frigates. really I think it's fine where it is bar some very slight tuning.
something I am amazed has survived so long as it is, is the Doom and its mine system.
>>
Whats even the point of SO anymore, the whole "burning the candle from both ends" is out the window consider how easy it is to extend the CR timer with elite skills and officers now, and now that its pretty much free there is no reason not to take it when the ship allows it.
>>
>>575641
The point of SO is to make ships that get in your face and unload everything. Making it free makes it too versatile so ships end up either being missiles boats, extreme range and lumbering, or an SO ship. Although some ships can't handle not being able to actively vent.
>>
>>575513
>1x Sabot SRM pod in the rear launcher
Dude where the fuck do i find these? I have like every other gun in the game stacked up in my colony storage but not one sabot pod, do they even exist?
>>
>>575663
You can just custom order them from your colony you know.
>>
>>575499
Take the SO Gryphon pill anon, busting caps and stations have never been easier.
>>
>>575666
Might have to, i didnt think it would be this hard
>>
>>575667
Doesnt that drop its range? Im currently running one with hammers + hammer barrage on the front and its beyond fun already
>>
>>575669
SO does not affect missile range, I have sniped the engines of more than a dozen onslaught from 2k range away on an SO HB gryphon, any guns you put on should not exceed 500 in range anyway (flak, vulcan, chainguns, hmg...) as gryphon really can't play the mid range dance like other ship of the line and should put those efforts into protecting itself from fighters or closing in agile frigates you can't afford to waste torps on.
>>
>>575499
SO Aurora is pretty well known by now, that's a strong one. I've always been into SO Dominator with two Devastators.
>>
>>575671
Where do i find the OP for SO?
>>
>>575679
HB=20,2 Sabot Pods=20,3 small missles of your choice=12,dual flak=12,3 vulcans(back and right)=12,2lmg(left and front)=6,SO=45
totals to 127 pts out of 140, leaving 13 pts to put into flux cap/dissp, I recommend building flux cap.
Then pick 3 out of Armor/Injector/ECCM/Subsystem for S-mods.
>>
>>575467
Nex makes this game's awful overworld bearable because pirates are nerfed to oblivion since you aren't the only thing running around actually fighting them
Worst that can be said about it is that it makes the economy even more exploitable than vanilla, when a place gets conquered you have an opportunity to get fat stacks of cash by flying between two planets in the same system. Especially noticable with that Persean League place in the system with the pirate and Pather planet
>>
File: file.png (21 KB, 1296x266)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>
>>575695
>when a place gets conquered you have an opportunity to get fat stacks of cash by flying between two planets in the same system. Especially noticable with that Persean League place in the system with the pirate and Pather planet

Honestly you never needed nex for this, if you pack a hundred marines or two you can disrupt the spaceport of pirate colonies and sell them everything for insane profit
>>
>>575696
>>
>>575698
Yeah but with nex I feel like an actual Ferengi just taking out my stash of flags and cheerfully offering them everything they need with Just In Time deliveries.
>>
>>575672
>I've always been into SO Dominator with two Devastators.
Finally I found my long lost twin brother.
>>
Anyone running an odyssey build in vanila that feels like sharing their loadout? I domt have any tachs
>>
>>575713
2 Plasma/Autopulse/HIL, 3 Sabots and 1 MIRV, ECCM, racks, ITU then distribute the rest to flux disp/cap or more hullmods as you see fit.
>>
So during the Galatia quest line where you do the first janus trial and destabilize the portals do they stay destabilized forever? Can I fix/cheat them back to normal?
>>
>>575723
you don't
a Gate explodes on you when you use the bootleg Janus
>>
>>575748
Different anon here, when i reach that part of the story should i think about one im not going to use later or is it 'picked for me'
>>
>>575755
dont worry you're pretty much forced to use a gate in a uninhabited system AND the gate itself isn't lost, it just goes boom because you've been epic trolled
also no, you gotta find it yourself
>>
>>575756
Once i finish the story can i just jump from one side of the sector to the other whenever i want or is it expensive
>>
>>575761
Its "expensive"
Aka it does cost a fair amount of fuel but still far, far less than what you'd burn if you actually went there through hyperspace
>>
>>575761
it has 1ly:1fuel efficiency, not even hyperdrive mod is as efficient as gating
>>
>>575763
Do i just have to remember what sectors have gates or is there a less autistic way?
>>
>>575771
there's a filter on the map for them
>>
Is there a danger/penalty for colonising a planet in a system with a warning beacon?
>>
>>575696
Surprised it didn't list the Communist manifesto in their loading tips.
>>
>>575821
If you don't clear the remnant fleets they'll mess with your arrays, also attack your own fleets. However, once the system is cleared you get the hidden boon of significantly reduced chance of piracy. Remnant systems also tend to have a decent colony or two so colonizing them isn't half bad.
>>
>>575836
And i'm tired so me calling the planets colonies is just an error on my part, in case you have autism.
>>
>>575846
I don't but I appreciate the clarification and advise, thank you anon.
Is there any particular point where you should be before considering a colony? I've got about 3 and a bit million credits at the moment and a decently-sized fleet.
>>
>>575869
Depends entirely on why you want a colony, if you just want a pitstop then finding a colony with good accessibility and you can p-lop down a cheap industry (farming or light industry) and build the usual defense measures + waystation and you're set. negative colony growth doesn't revert colony size it only affects attempts at growing to a new colony size, so even if its negative 999999 growth a size 3 colony with a passive income is perfect to get supplies and fuel.
>>
File: 1619801642588.png (8 KB, 128x128)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
New Nex version from the pisscord
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8ly17aq2bsaci6/Nexerelin_dev_20210504.zip?dl=1
>Changelog
https://github.com/Histidine91/Nexerelin/wiki/Changelog
>>
How do you guys decide when a fleet is getting too big/unwieldy? Every time I find and salvage a cool ship, I have to face the fact it's making supplying and fueling all these ships more demanding.
I'm tempted to strip down my fleet a bit but I don't want to end up outgunned by pirates or remnants when I go exploring.
>>
File: contempt.png (1.09 MB, 1281x719)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>decide to try out SCY
>immediately on starting a new game, staring at this obnoxiously flamboyant purple gas giant
>turns out it's actually a super special brown dwarf that glows purple because reasons or something
>the description is three paragraphs of pseudo-scientific gobbledygook
>several planets are their own speshul planet class, do not steal
>all of their descriptions are several paragraphs of more nonsense
>their homeworld is a habitable size 7 colony, but it's also irradiated for some reason, and it has a hazard rating of 200% (same hazard rating as cold barren rocks)
>check out their faction description
>words words words words words
>tl;dr: they are super powerful because reasons and they have super special tech because reasons and they are super secret because reasons
I don't know why so many modders feel the need to do this sort of shit, where they put their custom faction in a system that makes no sense and then resort to dry infodumps to attempt to craft a backstory.
Just put your custom faction in a normal system with a main sequence star. Say more with less. Show rather than tell. Integrate your faction's backstory with the rest of the Sector. Stop doing this "they were hiding for centuries and thats why they are so speshul" bullshit.
>>
File: file.png (1.4 MB, 1119x880)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>suicide
ok, that caught me off guard
>>
>>576035
Praise Ludd
>>
>>576029
>so many modders feel the need to do this sort of shit
That isn't really that rampant though. Tardifleet is on chinese tier here, absolute majority of mods decidedly aren't.
>>
>>575873
Sure why would you do that when you can just build an outpost?
>>
>>576053
>you can just build an outpost
??
>>
>>576035
Need to fighter strike them when they're still in the middle of the enemy fleet.
>>
File: vidro.jpg (391 KB, 1242x2208)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>575983
I usually go by supplies per day. Once it gets to about 10 it means I need to carry around at least a 1000 supplies with me for to not have to stop for a couple of months, depending on things like transverse jumping or deploying most of my fleet in a combat. That's a pretty substantial fleet and you need to keep fuel topped up as well. Sadly the account system is pretty bare-bones so it's hard to see how much you're spending on things like supplies and fuel, on top of what you salvage / loot. As your fleet grows so will your logistics and it'll begin to bite you, you'll need to make some big scores or have huge saving when you're out doing less lucrative things like exploring systems for a colony without any contracts, or surveying a lot of planets. I like a fast fleet with a low sensor profile, which means even with cruisers I can cruise at 20 burn and disappear when I slip into a nebula or asteroid belt and go dark if I can't take out what's chasing me. No capitals until I have a colony off the ground.
>>
File: outpost.jpg (60 KB, 484x547)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>576054
you know, an outpost, has a waystation, nothing else.
>>
>>576063
What the fuck is this vanilla
>>
>>576063
is this nex?
>>
>>576064
>>576065
Oh it might be Nex, I never considered that.
>>
>>576042
Kadur and Neutrino are guilty of the same shit, and VIC to a lesser extent.

>>576066
It's definitely a feature from Nex.
>>
>>575983
Once I have to truck around more logistic ships than combat ships I know I've gone too far.
>>
>>576069
>Neutrino
really...? they have almost no descriptions on their planets and ships
>>
File: huh.png (403 KB, 396x424)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
Terraforming & station construction or DIY planets?
>>
>>576078
>DIY planets
this one
it's better and more sensible by far
>>
>>576072
For Neutrino, it's more like their home system makes no sense. What little lore they do have is mostly nonsensical anyways.
>>
>>576078
both, with some of the terraforming disabled
>>
>>575983
Do I have to visit several planets in order to top up on supplies and fuel? It's time to offload some shit to a derelict station then.
>>
>>576084
Ah, I agree there. Their home system is an utter mess. And an ass to traverse through too.
>>
>>576078
T&ST, then disable all the shit that's not about stations. Stations are very fun to play with.
>>
>>576069
Kadur does a pretty good job of being reasonable. They're space arabs that got merc'd by space NATO and now they're angry, the end.
>>
File: vayra code.png (129 KB, 1214x722)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>576094
>Kadur
>Reasonable
lol
Reminder they're why /ssg/ got shut down because /vg/ dared to rehost a mod they didn't like.
>>
>>576097
What does have to do with their lore lmao, that's a completely separate issue.
>>
File: 1618265671964.jpg (166 KB, 1339x889)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>576094
Kadur falls victim to the "must put my custom faction in a special system" problem, which has its own problems.
Also, Oasis has no reason being a size 8 colony. There should be only one size 8 colony in the Sector.
>>
>>575663
My last play through, It's one of the blueprints I have not yet found (its not part of any package). Save them if you find them, very useful.
>>
>>576112
Ah yes, I love it when half of Kadurs fleets just end up going straight down their own special toilet and they consistently get wiped out because of it only being left with their little spawning outposts.
>>
File: screenshot009.png (32 KB, 340x373)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
the fuck
>>
>>576131
Beyond The Sector mod has a bug that introduces an extra pirate faction.
>>
>>576078
Terraforming & station construction for me
>stations have fixed 100% hazard rating and let you install items like plasma dynamo
>Kletka Simulator for infinite alpha cores
never tried DIY myself, tho
>>
Damn, so version checker is becoming part of Nex and the standalone is being abandoned.
>>
>>576112
Who the fuck would colonize a black hole system? Where the fuck is the light coming from to grow fucking food?
>>
>>576169
plasma lamp generously provided by fabrique orbitale
>>
>>576112
from the blackhole
>>
>>574721
how to get this one? luck or can i influence it somehow?

Also i hate how the stuff i catually want to know in bods are always hidden in the codex
>>
>>576182
find the KFC space bucket derelict and have it in your fleet until it gives you a hint of where's the Traumtanzer
>>
>repell hegecuck raid
>restore not 1 but 2 Onslaughts and an Atlas

What should i put in them? They are not 14th ver sadly
>>
>>576112
That is nowhere as bad as Interstellar Imperium, with goofy shit such as worlds literally made out of gold, quaternary stars systems, AI cores ruling as gods, and the at one point going "nothing personal, hegemonigger" and nuking a space station because they didn't fell like doing it to the Eventide.
>>
>>576182
>i hate how the stuff i catually want to know in bods are

...what?
>>
>>576189
The KFC Space Bucket?
>>
File: KFC bucket.png (1005 KB, 1015x561)
1005 KB
1005 KB PNG
>>576210
>>
>>576191
The Atlas should be part of you designed shit haulers, so just machineguns for point defense and extra cargo space. The Onslaughts, meanwhile, are basically basically front-heavy shit-wreckers so make them maximize burst damage.
>>
File: 1486585254705.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1200)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
Reminder that Braid did nothing wrong, just played by the sectors rues to get it out of its rut, and you murderhobo AI abusing lunatics don't deserve even a sip of that vintage
>>
>>575509
there's been a lot of fixes since .95 released so i think vanilla is pretty stable. if you're playing with mods though then it'll depend on what you want to run.
>>
>>576223
I just wanna drink
>>
>>576223
Not telling you that the gate would explode was kind of dick move, though.
>>
>>576230
Well that's not Braids fault, but that lesbian bitch.
>>
File: 1469800049821.png (798 KB, 1094x870)
798 KB
798 KB PNG
>>576223
I took a sip anyways.
>>
File: 1603280979265.png (333 KB, 397x410)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>>576223
absolute beta move if you didn't take the sippy
>>
>>576210
It's always in a black hole system, so just sift through them one by one until you get it.
>>
>>576223
A TOAST!
>>
>>576223
I wish I could steal the whole bottle from that evil cunt.
>>576233
Scylla did nothing wrong and warned her explicitly that shit doesn't work properly yet, the evil granny then decided to use you as a lab rat.
>>
File: file.png (72 KB, 197x246)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
really like this boy
>>
>>576259
does it increase the good loot from stations and ruins too or just supplies fuel and metal
>>
>>576263
Yes
>>
>>576264
based
>>
>>576263
>does it increase the good loot
If you mean colony items, AI cores and blueprints then hell no.
If you mean the 10k food or 100k ore you find at stations then yes.
>>
>>576029
There is a backstory, it is just linked as PDFs (one lore, another what seems to be a novella) in the forums post.
>>
>>576271
>novella
why
>>
>>576273
Maybe he just simply loves writing. Go check the descriptions for the rarer ships in Seeker, too.
And Karlsson Heirloom if it ever gets updated
>>
>>576060
>>576070
Thanks guys, these are some handy rules of thumb. I'm getting up to the 10 supplies a day mark already - and I'm lugging two capitals around without a colony which is probably a bit much, so I'll stick em in the freezer until I'm more set up.
>>
>>576220
Burst it is then, those 3 made me jump from early game to early end kek
>>
>>576259
One of these, or two Shepherds? Or both?
>>
>>576281
2 of them
>>
>>576281
Two Badgers,
>>
>>576277
Can't fault a man for enjoying writing and worldbuilding. Just wish he would get a volunteer editor to clean up his prose and make it more lore friendly.
>>
>>576289
>Not Bear
>>
>>576292

>make it more lore friendly.

With modders throwing in Half Life 3 jokes I don't think it's a high priority for them.
>>
>>576212
Shit I sold that.
>>
>>576278
If you roll out in some exploration cruiser, with a few destroyers, a few frigs and then some logistics ships and a big hauler to take the goodies home in you'll be grand for most of the stuff that wants to kill you and faster than most of the stuff that CAN kill you. Keep your max burn 8+.

Depends on what factions mods you have as to what ships you can use.
>>
>>576240
but what if my robot body would short circuit ;^)
>>
>>576314
Get a better body dude.
>>
File: 1593684044937.png (61 KB, 512x154)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
So let me get this right: a faction I'm friendly with will still send raids to my colonies and if I don't bribe them with a story point I either have to chose to lose a lot of standing or lose some standing anyway?
>>
>>576330
Gee, it sure would be terrible if their fleets kept getting ambushed in hyperspace by a mystery fleet with no transponder on.
>>
>>576258
Forget the bottle, I'd have my boys steal her whole damn liquor cabinet if I got the option.
>>
>>575696
I remember seeing that on a title screen load once. Literally fucking who?
>>
>>576330
>use your connections to stop the raiding fleet for a 20 pt loss
>or let the fleet die to your defences for a 5 pt loss
Alex what the fuck?
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 906x89)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
which mod adds this retarded ass structure, I want to deactivate it
>>
>>576356
I think it's from Shadowyards
>>
>>576356
>9999
the fuck
>>
File: 1488354806067.jpg (164 KB, 1371x880)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>576356
>Build time
>Cost
why
>>
>>576356
DIY?
>>
>>576367
>>576358
Im pretty sure its Shadowyards, but theres no config for it, gonna scavenge the code itself
>>
File: chad star.jpg (133 KB, 769x695)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
LIST OF GOOD, MUST HAVE MODS WORTH DOWNLOADING
>Nexerelin
>Hyperdrive
>LowTech Armada
>More Hullmods
>Starship Legends
>Tahlan Shipworks
>BRDY
>Interstellar Imperium
>Legacy of Arkgneisis
>Tiandong Heavy Industries
>Underworld
>Better Colonies
>Captain's Log
>Commissioned Crews
>Industrial Evolution
>Terraforming and Station Construction
>Unknown Skies
>Unofficial New Game Plus
>Adjustable Skill Threshold
>Autosave
>Combat Chatter
>Common Radar
>Console Commands
>Fuel Siphoning
>Hostile Intercept
>Leading Pip
>Lightshow
>Modified Industry Requirements
>Ship Direction Marker
>SpeedUp
>Supply Forging
ANYTHING ELSE IS TRASH AND BLOAT
>>
>>576380
I'd add Quality Captains which reworks skills to something decent instead of Alex's tranny induced bullshit.
>>
>>576380
>Tahlan
>Not bloat
>>
Nia stop nerfing things
>>
>>576370
Yeah it is Shadowyards. And Shadowyards has the code available in the jars folder.
>>
>>576332
Won't they know it's me? I once was attacked by some retard scavengers with my transponder off and the standing with the Indepenendents went down.
>>
>>576396
But why. Why would anyone add such a thing?
>>
>>576403
Test thing? Cost/build time is prbly a placeholder
>>
>>576403
>>576405
Probably a test thing or meant for a specific planet, latest changelog mentions one of the Shadwayrds planets being irradiated and having that structure to palliate it.
>>
>>576413
And now I notice that the planet in question refers to that structure as a domain era work that they have not been able to replicate. So yeah, probably not meant to be player built at all, at least yet.
>>
>>576380
Replace tiandong with roiders
Add neoterra
>>
>>576380
>ANYTHING ELSE IS TRASH AND BLOAT

Dont care, still runs fine. Embrace the mess.
>>
>>576380
>no Kingdom of Terra.

Fuck outta here anon.
>>
>>576380
Anon you forgot Mayarusan Navy
>>
>>576419
should be hidden then, what a whack ass solution
>>
>>576380
>>576380
Wheres diable
>>
>>576461
in the trash where it belongs
>>
>>576461
It is shit, it doesn't deserve to be here
>>
KoT has neato ideas but really doesn't fit the style of Starsector at all
It is somehow worse at that than most chinamods
>>
>>576380
add Dassault-Mikoyan
>>
>>576029
What did you expect from a tartifaggot mod? Never try anything from him again
>>
>>576464
The bungabunga portraits i can stand,but my capital ships getting insta overloaded by a dinosaur skull with rockets and guns that sound like dooms super shorgun i just cant
>>
>>576380
What about the Nazi mod everyone spazzed about? Did it get updated? It had some of my favorite weapons and ships.
>>
>>576479
S-swastica carrier with swastica fighters?
>>
>>576467
>Trannault-Mikoyan
>manchild uber schizo modder
???
>>
>>576481
No, I think it was called New Galactic Order or something. The main forum threw a fit because the lore has racial supremacy as a part of the faction.
>>
qrd on retarded modder drama?
>>
File: asteroid ship pack.png (1.26 MB, 1600x900)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>576380
you forgot the bestest flying rocks in space
>>
>>576479
>>576488
>>576489
oh boy here we go again
let me speedrun this
>fuck off Ahne
>no u
>tranny tanny tranny
>literal neonazi
>AHNE DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>576488
You know what we need ? An ANTIFA faction mod lel
>>
Spinning ebin windmill ships that only do ramming dmg when?
>>
>>576498
Would they just be a shittier version of the Path?
>>
File: hammertime.jpg (188 KB, 1920x1080)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
What mod is picrelated from?
>>
>>576501
They'd end up just being another faction too poor to be a threat but the hardcoded game mechanics protect them.
>>
File: 1587334530958.webm (2.74 MB, 980x551)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB WEBM
>>576504
Neutrino
>>
File: 1620151201360.png (154 KB, 500x593)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>576508
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
File: oo.png (74 KB, 595x371)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
I'm not using any risky mods, but the memory consumption of my game can go from 3GB to 7GB in a three hour session. If I keep playing, it even crashes sometimes with no error or log trace.
Anyone here else has experienced something similar?
>>
>>576532
>adjusted sector
that'd be my guess
>>
>>576532
Graphics lib to some degree probably.
>>
>>576532
Even vanilla game is leaking memory (well it's more like an arterial bleeding), most players have to restart after an hour of two.
>>
>>576504
>>576516
Could be worse.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/512356777451323393/838016763165147146/2021-04-12_12-33-40.mp4

I cant convert this to webm small enough.
>>
File: 1502227183112.jpg (85 KB, 424x736)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>576555
Now this is the kind of retardation I can get behind. What mod?
>>
>>576501
>mix of pathers/pirates allied to hegemony and trytach and hostile to the player and indies.
>Raids specifically destroy commodity stocks of industries instead of reducing stability.
>everytime you destroy an antifa raid station hegemoniggs and globotachyon denies you trade with them 3 months for doing crimes of hate.
>>
File: deciv.jpg (143 KB, 1233x508)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Is it difficult to remove de-civilised? I have Industrial Evolution, apparently it has a method of dealing with it?
>>
>>576566
colonize and abandon, then recolonize, i heard that worked for removing deciv
>>
>>576566
deciv isn't a strict negative, having deciv gives extra pop growth
>>
>>576566
I don't think Ind Evo has something that removes it, but I know DIYplanets and Terraforming and Station Construction do.
>>
>>576464
I feel like it would "fit" better if there were more silly & campy mods like it. By itself, it feels really out of place.
>>
>>576568
Does not work anymore.

>>576586
Now that you put it that way, KoT could use other similarly pulp mods to go along.
Like a full on raygun gothic faction
Probably would be more for a total conversion.
>>
>>576588
We need a mad max esque mod, ludd is not suicidal and shiny enough
>>
>>576588
Total conversion would be best.
But hell, you could take New Galactic Order and repackage it as a Nazisploitation mod: Space Nazis Must Die!
>>
>>576593
Wolfenstein in space

>>576589
Their 'fighters' are just suited up madmen with grenades
>>
>noone can build in Safety Overrides
>except literal luddites for some reason
Alex, I...
>>
>>576593
Yeah, just make them full hostile to everyone except pizza maker factions
>>
>>576602
You need faith anon
>>
>>576602
Superior Ludd technology
>>
>>576571
I have Terra. & Station, what do I use in that to re-civ it?

>>576569
Didnt know that, so keep it until 6 Colony size then get rid?
>>
>>576602
Give me 10 alpha cores and I'll tell you
>>
>>576610
yeah it's extra pop growth but -2 stability and 25% hazard, your choice really
>>
Where can I change the bg music that plays in systems under my control?
>>
>>576610
If you have terraforming then chameleon removes it after some time, but it requires domain tech, normally it's supplied by Agreus but if you have Nex and playing radnom core worlds than no one supplies it and you have to get it yourself
>>
>>576602
From the way S hullmods work in how Alex explained it, S hullmods are not normal hullmods they are permanently baked into the hull itself. So normal hullmods are temporary in nature. Lorewise it makes sense, the Luddites are the only ones crazy enough to make their ships be in a permanent state of electronic damaging state for the performance boost.
>>
>>576602
>pirates can paint a Falcon red to make it faster (ADF, Unstable Injector) and swap mounts for a makeshift missile boat
>pathers can build in Safety Overrides and Accelerated Ammo Feeder into a Brawler
Clearly superior ship builders. I'd join them if they could rig up more custom ships.
>>
File: file.png (14 KB, 576x336)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>576620
add
"music":{
"theme":"music_diktat_market_neutral",
"market_neutral":"music_diktat_market_neutral",
"market_hostile":"music_diktat_market_hostile",
"market_friendly":"music_diktat_market_friendly",
"encounter_neutral":"music_diktat_encounter_neutral",
"encounter_hostile":"music_diktat_encounter_hostile",
"encounter_friendly":"music_diktat_encounter_friendly",
},

to \starsector-core\data\world\factions\player.faction
>>
>>575513
>Not loading up antimatter blasters in all forward facing turrets so you can delete unshielded ships and instantly overload most cruisers
In your face Aurora is the best.
>>
>>576638
thanks, added it to my custom settings mod, hope it works. Another thing, i've tried to change the bg from my system, but it aint changing in game, even if the file url persists between saves, any tips?
>>
>>576648
Are you talking about background image of a system?
>>
>>576637
I mean, the hegememe at least managed to figure out a half-decent upgrade package for some civvie ships, and tri-tach managed to put together an upgraded energy-focused flavor of brawler, and everyone and their dog knows how to turn a tarsus into a condor, so it's not like criminal elements are the only ones able to figure this shit out.
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 1108x175)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>576653
yup, tried bg6 but it still uses bg2
>>
>>576633
>the Luddites are the only ones crazy enough
He presumes too much about my mental state.
>>576637
Come to think of it, both pirates and luddites would be more flavorful if 1) they had more custom ships and 2) those special ships always exploded on death and were unrecoverable due to their dangerous modifications/shitty maintenance. So in order to get them you'd have to develop contacts or earn faction rep. Same for other factions.
>>
File: edit_background.png (55 KB, 1484x982)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>576666
There are two references you have to edit.
>>
>>576670
ludd bless redundancy, thanks anon!
>>
What's your weaponfu lads? For me it's the assault chaingun.
>>
>>576680
hellbore
>>
>>576672
Yeah, the second one is tricky to find since it's not listed under a system name. Just to be clear about pic.
1. Somewhere below system name there will be "Plnt z=[id]" line.
Ctrl+f the id - there should be only two instances of it.
2. The second reference to the bg image is somewhere above the second id line.
>>
File: ss artdeux.webm (2 MB, 1280x720)
2 MB
2 MB WEBM
>>576680
Vanilla? Ion beam probably. It's just so bullshit.
Modded? Diable's artdeux for maximum brrrrt
>>
>>576668
>ships always exploded on death and were unrecoverable
desu you would expect some sort of DRM or even rigged explosives everywhere that matter so ships can't be recovered by enemy
I mean pirates fly very limited number of ships types and I bet they would pirate Onslought if they could
I really wish for ships to have some sort of blackbox/personal history with ID chips so if you fly around with unregistered ships local police could throw a fit and try to seize it
>>
File: mad dogs attack.webm (2.91 MB, 720x506)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>576680
>assault chaingun
>>
File: 1518403449818.jpg (65 KB, 750x701)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>576555
Ludd almighty, this is amazing. I'm surprised by how well the game handles that kind of bullshittery.
Nice cursor as well
>>
>>576670
damn anon, I still cant find it, I guess when the system is colonized the data structure changes
>>
>>576749
Galatia system has a unique background. I suggest using it as reference.
>>
>>576680
Ballistic: Hephaestus Assault Gun
Energy: Tachyon Lance
Missile: Pilum LRM Launcher
>>
>>576680
Ion beam as well, always buy it on sight
>>
>>576762
Whats the pilum good for?
>>
File: ocua_1.png (33 KB, 128x128)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Red
>>
>>576768
Massed pressure, like a missile variation of beam weapons. If you have one or two pilum, then they'll probably just get blown up by PD. However, they fire three per volley and last a minute each with constant tracking, so they'll constantly be going after enemy ships. If you have six or seven or more, then that'll add up and start getting through, and help provide screening for your more potent bombers, missiles, and fighters. They also help to bully phase ships, and make the ai keep their shields up longer than they should.
>>
>>576782
Oooh fighters and mindgames, will give them a try
>>
File: lg_drover.png (31 KB, 140x108)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
updated so ships actually spawn. also added lions guard drover
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xzei0p3q3l578/Lions_Guard
>>
>>576768
they are good on vigilantes/condor/venture that have these fast racks or something subsystem that let you spam it
>>
>>576637
>Clearly superior ship builders
It isn't hard to build in safety overrides, since the name is exactly what it implies you are just stripping out all safety features and mechanism of the ship while trial and error testing for it to still function. Since this is a space ship at least half of those safeties is because of heat, so they're essentially just following the manual then doing the opposite of what the manual tells them what to do creating a vessel that cooks itself.
>>
>>576790
SO a paragon then nerd
>>
>>576794
tri-tachi firmware constantly phones home and causes the ship to self-destruct if you try to override safeties
>>
>>576794
A Paragon is unironically going to be one of the hottest ships from all the heat generated by its weapons and engines, the only reason it wouldn't be an issue during battle is purely because of size so heat will concentrate on where the most heat is generated first. heat is by far the worst issue to deal with since too much heat can be damaging to delicate components.
>>
>>575931

Nobody cares, Nex is shit
>>
>>576768
If you get enough of them together on a ship you can pretty much drown the enemy in missiles and it acting like a minor shield. Granted I can see the benefits of the other missiles. Sabot SRMs are my recent second favorite since they can just dry fuck an enemy's shields in the ass if you get enough of them out at the same time.
>>
>>575931
>Add skip story option to new game (marks all Academy quests as completed and grants gate travel)
based
>>
File: doom.png (1.29 MB, 1920x1080)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>576768
Memes
>>
>>575931
so what releasing on just discord is what modder do now?
>>
>>576768
People will say it's good in high numbers but you can say that about any missile.
>>
>>576840
it's a dev version so obviously not an official version increment for the forums
>>
>>576555
Good lord! this gif made me laugh more than any of the /gif/ ylyl threads.
Thanks anon
>>
Is it just me or do all Imperium weapons and ships suck compared to even vanilla?
>>
I would actually love to see space not-nazis and space not-red army slugging it out
>>
>>576859
i don't remember the imperium ships being that bad, i enjoyed using the dictator, caesar and uhhh dominator-dominatus-the battleship whatever it was called with the built in triple beam cannon
>>
>>576680
MIRV for sure
>>
>>576859
I like the ships but I consider the weapons to be overpriced in OP
>>
File: bloat lord.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>576380
You have problem with bloat?
>>
>>576867
The weapons stand out... pretty much all are inaccurate, super flux inefficient, have slow projectiles or all three things together. The missiles are unusable.

By comparison the Diable Avionics stuff is very varied and gives you all you need to rape face.
>>
File: Locust_turret.png (5 KB, 64x64)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Best missiles in the game
Change my mind
>>
>Bloat
I keep seeing this word but I don't get what it means, can someone please explain? Jewgle didn't help
>>
>>576877
>>
>>576877
>What is the Hekaton torpedo
>>
>>576790
What about the rest of the hull changes? I can understand the difficulty of modifying blueprints with Domain era DRM but it isn't impossible. Changes like the Buffalo (TT) exist but there's a lot more changes Pirates and Pathers do than just Safety Overrides. I'd like to build a Conquest like the Falcon (P) with Augmented Drive Field and Unstable Injector before story points, swap ballistic for composites, swap energy slots for missiles but the only change would be the ship system to Missile Autoforge from a salvaged Gryphon. Maybe even get an Onslaught with Safety Overrides, Unstable Injector (before SP) and Accelerated Ammo Feeder.
>>
>>576880
Bloat means too much in this case.
>>
>start random nex sector (Yamato start)
>find FOUR (tahlan) Lostech ships in the first 7 systems I explore
>one if the goddamn Samsara cruiser and it had Project weapons in its medium/big slots
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Why isn't the Thumper allowed to be good?
>>
>>576921
it would be good if it was just a fat vulcan instead of some weird frag needler shit
>>
>>576921
Because Alex refuses to make it a fragmentation variant of the Assault Chaingun
>>
>>576859

Gotta disagree strongly here, I find em very steady and tanky.
>>
MOD TIER LIST

Great & Damn Near Essential Tier:
Diable Avionics
Black Rock Drive Yards
SCY
Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority
Underworld
Kingdom of Terra
Interstellar Imperium
Starship Legends
Leading Pip
Outer Rim Alliance
Hyperdrive
Console Commands
Hiigaran Descendents
Adjustable Skill Thresholds
Industrial Evolution
Unknown Skies
Detailed Combat Results
Interesting Portrait Pack
Another Portrait Pack

Potentially Underated Tier:
The P9 Colony Group
Autosave
Captains Log
Missiles and Sundry
PRV Starworks
Arsenal Expansion
Grand Colonies
Roider Union
Adjusted Sector
Torchships
SpeedUp
Hostile Intercept
Low Tech Armarda
Fluff's Ship Pack
A New Level

Cool Upcoming Tier:
Arma Armtura
Cops
Seeker
Pearson Exotronics
Scalartech
Supply Forging
The Exalted
Free Stars Union

Ok tier:
Red
Blue
Mayorate
Light Show
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Rotcesrats
Combat Chatter

Currently lost to time tier:
The Crystanite
Volkov Industrial Conglomerate
SAD: Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors
Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority
Metelson
Green Knight Security
Sylphon
Junk Pirates
Neutrino
Exingency
Tiandong
Knights Templar
ICE Idoneus Citadel Exiles
The Mayorate
Ship/Weapon Pack
Celestial Mount Circle / Borken / Approlight

Shit Tier to be avoided:
New Galactic Order
>Guy who made it spilled his spaghetti and other mods won't work with his mod thus unusable
Trailer Moments
>Blurry Mess
Kadur Remnant
>Blehh
Nexerellin
>Le Epic Space Battles but actually no fun meme mod, new users should especially avoid
Varya's Sector
>Cringe
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
>Ugly Greebles and annoying
High Tech Expansion
>It's a kitbash, Jim
Common Radar
>UGLY
>>
>>576938
>Outer Rim Alliance
>Great & Damn Near Essential Tier
oh boy i sure do love rectangles
>>
File: Spoiler Image (421 KB, 359x371)
421 KB
421 KB GIF
>>576938
>>
File: f37.jpg (21 KB, 700x479)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>576938
>Great & Damn Near Essential Tier
>Diable Avionics
stopped reading there
>>
>>576938
>Scalartech upcoming (when it has official 0.95 update) and no Tahlan Shipworks in any fucking list
>muh NGO is incompatible (easily fixed AND anyway nobody fucking cares about Varya which is the main conflict with NGO)
u gay nigga
>>
>>576938
>Disliking kitbashes.
>Disliking High Tech Expansion
They're great for adding more vanilla style ships to the game.

>Rotcesrats in Ok.
>Even though it's an even more obvious kitbash mod.
Nice troll list, Anon.
>>
>>576947

Oh look somebody that can’t pilot anything besides an onslaught

>>576945

But they fun cuboids with some good weapons and fighters, anon
>>
>>576883
>only change would be the ship system to Missile Autoforge from a salvaged Gryphon
NO
FAST RACKS or BUST
>>
>>576883
make a paintjob and I will make a ship
>>
>>576859
the weapons are slightly lower than average damage output in exchange for higher than average range, the sledge weapons are this taken to an extreme.
the ships are designed to be used with one of their hullmod packages to decide their doctrinal niche.
they're more focused on long range suppression and standoff warfare. to give you a recent example from my own play, I was using a Caesar as a flagship for a while and that, with the Imperial Targeting Package, has ridiculous range. every engagement was on my terms, because I can start shooting before any other ship in the game pretty much - even Paragons. there's a lack of hard hitting strike weapons, so they don't feel as decisive, but no faction has the same potential for standoff combat.
>>
File: SO.png (74 KB, 813x591)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>
>>576938
>Guy who made it spilled his spaghetti and other mods won't work with his mod thus unusable
All mods work just fine with it.
The others involved are petty little bitches who purposefully hardcoded exception errors when it detects that mod for no reason other than commiebrain and any attempts to rehost the mod or post vayra's fixed code led to DMCA abuse against 4chan which is why the /vg/ threads got shut down by the admins. See >>576097
>>
>>576951
>They're great for adding more vanilla style ships to the game.
No.
>>
>>576555
Comically Long Atlas is the perfect name for that ship.
>>
>>576555
How?
>>
File: Tomoko the shitposter.jpg (297 KB, 1634x1223)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>576984
It's stipp possible to give Safety Overrides to ships regularily, isn't it?
>>
File: Long Dong Atlas.webm (2.85 MB, 1280x720)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>576746
Here's the big dick Atlas in WebM.
>>
>>576952
They're horrible ships with an irritating OP gimmick removing a lot of loadout variety. Also their weapon effects are ghastly.
>>
>>576898
I dont know what any of that is, but im proud of you son
>>
>>576997
Yeah, you just need to pay the OP for it and build in something else, granted you wont find anything else that costs nearly the same in terms of OP, but its still viable.
>>
>>576985

No they don’t, and some of the discord cabal are quite clever about breaking your save.

Also, Ahne did spill his spaghetti and everyone on here knows you need to keep your power levels in check, even if it’s down to just liking anime and vidya.
>>
>>577006

Still disagree. I think the effects are pretty
>>
>>577020
>No they don’t
Technically correct, since they had to specifically code an incompatability out of a grudge. Which is fixed by deleting one tiny block or renaming NGO.
>>
File: 35-1571637967-2023262495.jpg (651 KB, 1160x3400)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
>>577020
>>576985
Is it the mod with these ships?
>>
>>577007
>lostech
tahlan mod ships, basically kinda remnant ships with gimmicks, they usually come with unique weaponry (with even more gimmicks)
>>577020
it's so easy to fix it's laughable
>>
>>577024

They now detect Java calls or something beyond detecting the mod. HTE talks about it on forum and other modders are starting to call him out
>>
>>577032
That sounds like more of a reason to avoid HTE and anything else by that coder for being literal malware.
>>
File: proceed.jpg (28 KB, 469x469)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>577020
>and some of the discord cabal are quite clever about breaking your save.
please, go into more detail.
>>
File: 1618909732137.jpg (15 KB, 480x358)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Recommend me some mods that won't break my save file
>>
>>576921
>>576926
It is now.
To make this fix, go into weapons_data.csv and replace the thumper line with >Thumper,shredder,0,,700,700,,75,,1,25,6,,,,FRAGMENTATION,30,,0,0.1,1,,0,7,1,20,,800,,,30,,,,"kinetic8, base_bp",,,,General,,,,,,,,,,3.8
>>
File: conquest_p.png (143 KB, 190x400)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>576972
nta but here's a quick one
>>
File: you are alright.gif (1.95 MB, 282x210)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>577042
not enough red
so it can't go fast
also were are skulls?
not bad but you can do better anon
>>
>>576972
I I take a picture of my penis can you make it into a ship?
>>
>>577051
I think the game has enough small frigates.
>>
>>577051
it is possible but there is enough fighters in game
>>
File: 517.jpg (555 KB, 1280x1024)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>577052
>>577054
>>
>>577051
I can make it a one-use missile for small slots
>>
>>577051
>literally a phase ship but forever stuck in phase
hahaha
>>
>>577062
>lurks around the battlefield touching other ships
>it doesn't do anything but it makes them feel awkward in front of their fleet
>>
>>577060
don't forget add chance for misfire
>>
>>577065
>only affects ECM and nothing else
hahahahahahaha
>>
File: bombardment_saturation.jpg (137 KB, 480x300)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
intel / new
Anon's dick has been blown the fuck out, clearly its intentions in the sector are over
>>
>>577034
>>577032
>HTE modder literally admits to bypassing security restrictions put in place by Alex so his mod will always be incompatible with NGO
>somehow Alex is okay with this
What the fuck? This shit should warrant the removal of the mod from the forums as well as a ban for the modder in question.
>>
File: file.png (61 KB, 331x179)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>
>>577075
Sure, they may be bypassing the existing software security measures, but it's adding new MORAL security measures in the process so it's all good.
>>
>>577079
I think I know what he did
>>
>>577075
Alex is just a little kid, don't expect too much from him
>>
>>577079
desire to know reasons intensifies
>>
>>577082

How old is he??
>>
So if version checker is getting blended with Nex... are the commies going to be tracking your IP and tallying what mods you use?

Version Checker is going to be malware and officially now shit tier
>>
What's the best redacted ships to use? Lumen? Glimmer?
>>
>>577075
I think more than anything he just wants this off-topic shit to go away. ideally people wouldn't be doing what this HTE person is doing, but I doubt he wants to rattle the small but vocal hornet's nest by giving him some kind of "change it or fuck off" ultimatum, even though that's rightly what should be done.
>>
>>577091
If we're talking about frigates, I've found the Glimmer to be more survivable with its beam default configuration.
>>
>>577091
The one that lets you mount five large energy weapons.
>>
>>577091
Radiant, Brilliant or bust
>>
Which Mod has the best beam weapons? I want to have a lazer light show fleet.
>>
>>577091
Radiants are strong, obviously. Solars are pretty sick too if you're playing with SWP.
>>
>>577092
>offtopic shit
It's literally a dude distributing a mod with malicious code, if he doesnt put a limit there then he better stop his business soon
>>
File: the tickler.png (382 KB, 1036x689)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>577099
I liked the ship from SWP
>>
>>576532
I have 64GB so I just forced it to allocate 8GB every time I launch the game and that made all those RAM messages go away
>>
>>577102
I think if it ever comes out that the mod does more than crash your game if you have it running with NGO, Alex would do something about it.
I fully agree Alex should do something about it now, but I imagine he's worried about the small minority of discord dwellers throwing a fit and - Ludd forbid - some game """"journalist""" catching wind of it and writing a hit piece that drags his passion project through the mud.
>>
>>577106
The weird part is that from the thread n question it seems implied that the mods on the Starsector trannycord don't approve of the crashcode in HTE.
>>
>>576997
Try giving SO to a tempest, sanic ship
>>
>>577106
>passion project
Doesn't look that he's got much passion left judging from absolute state of 0.9.5
>>
File: IBB.png (180 KB, 388x576)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>577075
It should be removed but threads don't get removed unless there's enough people that complain, derail and talk shit toward the OP. If it makes a big enough stink you'll even get a rule in that shithole.
>>
>>577073
Anon
-100/100 Vengative
>>
>>577116
Well it made just big enough of a stink for Alex to personally pop-in and tell everyone to stay on topic.
>>
>>577091
Ziggis :^)
>>
>>577120
>Relation with the Anonymous Virginity reduced by 45, currently at -65/100 (virginful)
>>
>>577121
That's it? There needs to a few warnings, a couple rounds of post purges or at least one temporary thread lock. It isn't a big deal if you can still post in it.
>>
>>577125
>Biggus Dickus from the Anonymous Virginity faction oppens up the comms channel
>"Im going to kick you in the dick you faggot"
>Try no to trip *close comms*
>Your entire fleet suffers from reduced combat readiness due mass laughing depleting life support systems
>>
Good lord I fucking hate trannies drama in Starsector modding community. What the fuck!! Just let people do what they enjoy, I feel that most of them are just jealous of how better than their shitty mods NGO looks
>>
A very Luddic (Path) hull mod. Undetailed is the explosion statistics when destroyed, 2x explosion radius, 2x explosion damage and a 95% chance to break apart.

You may have also noticed I changed the hull icon for Sanctified, don't worry they're just place holders.

Next up: A pirate faction hullmod. I'm open to ideas.
>>
>>577147
>making it almost impossible to recovery.
unacceptable
>>
>>577145
This is the problem with all mods across all games. The same people who does this kind of thing also believe that they're god's gift to the fandom and if people don't enjoy something exactly as they do, then they're terrible and should be shunned.
This shit with the discord modders pushing their own standards for things is a major reason why I'm not really interested in playing this game until the steam release, where inevitably they'll be drowned out by the multitude rushing in to take advantage of the steam workshop.
>>
>>577132
>All of the Virginity's colonies orbit other factions' planets, hoping they'll sign on to a trade agreement one day.
>>
>>577147
that mod sucks anon
no fun
>>
>>577149
To be fair I have never dived in a modding community like I did with starsector, but man it is toxic, and the mods keep getting shittier and shittier.
>>
>>577149
agree
>>
>>577152
Righteous Furry + Ammo Feed = 300% ROF

If you don't find that fun you must be Tri-Tachyon scum.
>>
>>577115
meh, I'm mostly fine with 0.95. I just think it shouldn't have taken two years.
>>
>>577157
nope
its still dumb
>>
>>577147
>Privateer: You get a bonus to ship armor, speed or rate of fire equal to a percentage of money you'll get from a mission.
>>
noob here, how do you beat the remnant battleships? i have an onslaught and i cant break their shields
>>
>>577160
Care to elaborate on why you think it's not fun?
>>
>>577164
you need more ships to draw fire, draw attention and apply prssure, they're very hard to 1v1, especially in something like an onslaught
>>
>>575482
UI is for capitals
a destroyer gets only like a, 20-25% speed boost from ui, meanwhile a legion/paragon/onslut gets a fat 50% bonus
>>
>>575632
>price to build in so is 100% pure RNG random chance for your ship to spontanously combust
>hurr forum retards forum retards!11!1
>>
>>577163
An interesting idea. Might be a bit beyond my skills but I'll take a look in to it tomorrow. Building on that idea I'm wondering if I could do something along the lines of:
"Ship speed and rate of fire is increased proportional to the amount of recreational drugs in your cargo holds" or this ship always has X amount of drugs in its cargo holds for the purpose of inspections.
>>
>>577166
fuck bigger explosions
also rof to op
>>
File: screenshot007.png (922 KB, 1366x768)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
MY FACTION IS 4 HOURS OLD WHY MUST I SUFFER LIKE THISSSSS
>>
>find coronal tap
>only shit planets in a 10ly radius
t-thanks
>>
>>577189
Maybe extra gun and engine damage could suffice ?
>>
File: luthor harkon dance.gif (70 KB, 560x420)
70 KB
70 KB GIF
anyone else tried a pirate friendly / privateer playthrough before? about to try that. anything I should know / ideas?
>>
>>577191
that's just a special task force, they can't execute any actual operations outside of joining battles and harassing patrols, try luring it out of the system via a jump point and it might fuck off
>>
>>577196
>anyone else tried a pirate friendly / privateer playthrough before? about to try that. anything I should know / ideas?
Don't start a colony if you're friendly with anyone else besides the pirates. If you do their trade convoys will attack each other and your colony will suffer stability/access penalties as a result.
>>
>>577196
try out the derelict contingent skill before it gets dumpstered
download nex so your rep with pirates actually matters
>>
File: disgust.png (239 KB, 400x320)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
I cant be the only one that feels disgust when looking at the Xhan empire ship, they invoke some primal revulsion in me.
>>
>>577200
yeah, I experienced that on my last playthrough with two allies who were at war with each other. I wish there was some way to set your systems as no-fire zones between your friendly factions.
>>577202
I have nex. will try out derelict contingent.
>>
>>577204
They are designed by AIs, so that's kinda the point
>>
>>577189
Perhaps it gets stronger against ships with captains in it?
>>
>>577204
I feel the same but I always add them for, you know, diversity quota n shit
>>
>>577204
That makes destroying them feel all the sweeter
>>
>>576883
Lets say you make Heavy Armor a permanenet hullmod via S mods, from the way normal hullmods are temporary the heavy armor is by design easily removed and stripped from the hull dockside or in space so the hull itself has a skeleton which can have plates swapped out. Once you make it permanent though the hull skeleton itself is fused or completely replaces the innermost shell layer with heavier armor plating becoming the new hull base layer.Or something like that.
>>
>>577207
>If you do their trade convoys will attack each other
What, why?
I mean, I get hostilities and all, but these are trade convoys, you'd think picking fights is something they'd want to avoid if at all possible.
>>
>>577204
>All those bulbous spherical shapes, gritty textures, gradients and shading and shit
>Bridge is just a flat fucking circle
>Some random strips of windows that look like they were hastily added with MSpaint
>>
>>577221
well in my particular case it was military fleets from my alliance loitering in my systems - which is normally a welcome thing - but they were interdicting trade fleets from the Independents, who they were at war with.
>>
>>577224
start spamming agents to raise relations i guess?
>>
>>577204
One would think Ai would have more fucking taste and desire for optimal engineering ,
>>
>>577221
>you'd think picking fights is something they'd want to avoid if at all possible.
Pirates love to pick fights. A pirate convoy isn't going to hold fire just because the other guys are carrying precious commodities to the same destination, that's an invitation to get raided.

Maybe if you could broker peace between the pirates and the other factions, but that would require the pirates to have a legitimate legal standing with them.
>>
>>577196
It's fun. You can attack everyone and take their shit. My preferred way to play these days, as I never found colony babysitting very fun.
>>
Do we have a mod list for good exploration content?
>>
>>577240
I am gonna try to make it work with one, or at the very most a few colonies / stations. basically just enough for me to be self-sufficient resource-wise.
>>
>>576559
Ill Advised Modifications, though it's discord exclusive for some reason. 3 Parts, each adds dumb content.
>>
>>577204
>>577215
They are too far apart from the game's regular ship designs. I'd probably never play with them.
>>
>>576555
2pass it senpai
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 1083x489)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>577246
>the game's regular ship designs.
Here are your ship faggot, enjoy.
>>
>>577251
for me it's the pentagon, the best ship
>>
File: Spoiler Image (263 KB, 1600x900)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>577250
>2pass
I just duckduck'd that thinking it was a converter website
>>
>>577255
lmao
>>
>>577255
Go to bed, sleeping schedule is important.
>>
>>577255
this is your mind on recreational drugs
>>
>>576786
Mind putting it in a zip? mediafire is being a shit when it comes to bulk download
>>
>>576646
I currently run:
4x antimatter
2x Sabot SRM pod
2x Heavy Blaster
5x Burst Pd

Even firing sequentially, the 4 blasts cause a LOT of flux. Some interesting situations fighting Radiants.
>>
>>576132
It's a great bug, because it means you can friends with pirates and use the frontier pirate bases and fleets as supply stations (to be raided) without tanking your rep.
>>
>>577358
I do like the idea of splitting the pirates into multiple factions.
>>
File: screenshot036.png (542 KB, 1366x768)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>577367
>OBJECTIVE: SURVIVE
>>
>>577367
Good. Get fucked phasenigger
>>
What are the best ships for SO?
>>
File: vayra_dominator_rg.png (79 KB, 220x180)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>577370
>>
File: vayra_manifesto.png (152 KB, 276x480)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
oops
>>577374
meant for >>577372
>>
>>577375
>>577374
Ah, I don't have Vayra's ships on me, I'm just running Diable, Roiders, and that one ship mod that adds a faggy new Pirate faction
>>
>>577372
aurora
hammerhead
sunder
brawler
hyperion
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (230 KB, 392x628)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>577367
Holy fuck that was hard
>>
Gimme your favourite non-S-mod AI friendly loadouts.
>>
>>577388
Why couldn't you bring like 15 monitors
>>
>>577388
4x S-mods? Cryosleeper AI, at the same time as Radiant?

Well, whatever works for you to have fun, but thats a bit much?

Also so many tesseracts... At least I hope it' fun?
>>
>>576561
>allied to hegemony and trytach
Antifa allied to fascists and capitalists?
>>
>>577343
here you go
https://files.catbox.moe/1ikgfl.zip
>>
>>577429
I know, right? Almost sounds like satire.
>>
>>577430
thanks anon
>>
If you play MSM, you deserved to be strapped inside a Talon that will never return.
>>
>>576865
There isnt a single faction in game that isnt on the right side of the political spectrum which is why its a good game
>>
>>576786

Tell me about this mod
>>
>>577108
Probably because it opens up a whole can of worms no ones ready to deal with
>>
>>577147
+50% RoF is extremely strong.
>>
>>577255
lol, trans clinic picks name reminding them they dont pass.
>>
So is this NGO mod fun by itself? Do i need to do anything fancy to run in on 0.95
>>
>>577488
Just use this link
https://mega.nz/folder/sUR1maaY#eFF9pPRxMndKYthhG_-_Vw/folder/4U42GB5K
and try it for yourself. It's a bunch of mods updated by an anon for 0.95a, so it should work.
Personally, outside of the controversy, I think it's kinda bland. The ships are samey, the weapons are boring, and overall feels dull despite the nazi aesthetics it's trying to subtly reference.
>>
>>577495
yeah, this about sums it up. it's really not a very high effort mod. people really just jumped on it to stick it to the pearl clutching loudmouths on the forums.
>>
>>577374
>>577375
>actual commie flags plastered on the ships
oh the hypocrisy

>>577488
What the other anon said, it's just a regular ass mediocre faction that got streissand'd
>>
>>577473
some time in 2016 someone on the forum made a mod that added unique paintjobs to the Lions Guard detachment, with a unique hullmod somewhat like the XIV gets. At some point that mod was merged with swp, but in the process they got rid of the hullmod and also made the ships more pink
Because swp takes ages to update to 0.95 i made my own version of the original mod with completly new paintjobs, some QoL updates like adding a Sindrian Diktat manufacturer and the return of the hullmod
>>
>>577495
The ships have an almost comic-book art style to them too that doesnt _quite_ fit with vanilla.
>>
>>577505
I like the more fuchsia/magenta look of the Lions Guard ships.
>>
>>577507
Now that you mention it, I see it too. They should have leaned into it more, would have worked better.
>>
What's the deal with the "industrial ruins" I'm finding on planets I'm scanning? Does that make them a good or bad candidate for colonisation?
>>
File: pic2.png (1.05 MB, 1100x1271)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>577508
thanks. i wanted to go back to the original colour scheme before the swp integration
>>
>>577514
Good. You have to fix them once you colonize the planet they're on, but they have some benefits once you do. There's at least two variants, one that reduces the amount of d-mods in the fleet, and one that can print ships from vpc's.
>>
>>577512
>>577507
The ships are from another game, supposedly these were taken with permission.
>>
Conquest is the most fun capital to pilot hands down
>>
>>577537
>>577514
Two separate things
One is the 'military base ruins', that is from Unknown Skies and increases the quality of ships produced in that planet

The other is the Industrial Ruins added by IndEvo, which can be restored into a variety of useful industries.
It can be one of the hull forge/ship deconstructor/ancient laboratory trio, which takes those forge templates you may have found. Ancient lab restores degraded forge templates (and also boosts up the production of randomly chosen items), deconstructor takes apart any ship and stuffs the data into a blank forge template, and hull forge 'prints up' a ship from forge templates.
The fun part is putting up alpha cores in the deconstructor and forge. Alpha in the deconstructor guarantees a logistical hullmod added for free when printed out, and alpha in the hull forge guarantees even more free hullmods ine xchange for a shitton more d-mods, and also comes out with an 'automated construction; d-mod that is equivalent to ill-advised modifications. They can be restored though
And also you get two prints per deconstructed ship

The last ruin you can get is the Rift Generator, it lets a whole planet teleport to another system in a general direction
>>
>>577527
very noice. the frigates look a little dark though
>>
>>577556
This, but Odyssey.
>>
>>577527
That is one uncanny looking color scheme
>>
>>577556
I prefer the Onslaught, not a fan of having to go broadside to an enemy only for them to back away and then have to either turn around again, fly towards them and then turn back or strafe and hope their reverse speed is slower than your strafe speed.
Onslaught is slow as shit but you face your enemy and blat them to death with TPCs.
>>
File: phidi_collage2.jpg (543 KB, 1674x1277)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>577495
>>577496
NGO is just like Neutrino, no one is actively developing it so of course its going to feel outdated compared to newer supported mods. For anyone that played Imperium before its major rework, it was a pretty bland faction, the overhaul made them a much better and fun nation, there was plans for ngo to have a major overhaul but then the drama happened.

>>577555
The game it was ripped from Stars in Shadow, pretty much allows anyone to use their art also long as it is non-commercial and they are credited. They have a quite a few ship sets that look pretty cool despite not really being SS themed
http://stars-in-shadow.com/artwork_license.html
>>
>>577232
you can do this via agents
in my game i'm PL aligned but pirates are nonhostile, it's comfy
>>
>>577527
Great job anon, I love this.
>>
>>576351
Alex is borderline retarded at times. I don't know if it's a lack of or too much vodka.
>>
File: Es8jigIXYAY1rtU.jpg (130 KB, 793x1200)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>576481
I need a jews in space mod.
>>
Alex rushed into the colony stage of the game way too soon with too many half baked ideas
>>
>>577646
So Tri-Tach but even more money grubbing?
>>
>>577646
That's actually a neat ship design, I would fly that.
>>
>>576380
>unknown skies
>not trash and bloat
>>
>>577666
It adds some pretty planets, so it's good.
>>
>>576882
>guys what if the large version was just the same as the medium with more ammo?
>>
>>577672
I also just found out its adds some unique stuff to planets and author refuses to list what they all are or do. Because exploration surprise. Which yea sure, but I also wanna know what im installing.
>>
broadside chads ww@
>>
>>577647
Whats wrong? Seems like he just made a bunch of shit planets viable with all the new items
>>
>>577682
The author is a spastic faggozoid, but you can check what the mod adds in files.
>>
File: Holy siet, Nice.png (707 KB, 1920x1080)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
Nice onslaught. It has 2 build in hulls
>>
>>577388
what mods make you fight so many doreitos?
>>
>>577712
Beyond the Sector.
>>
>>577701
I just found a XIV Legion I could recover with a speshul point
It had built-in Dedicated Targeting Core
>>
File: Public_class_gunboat.jpg (32 KB, 400x242)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Are there any mods which add large torpedoes? Like, medium/large hotpoint, single-shot torps that are the size of a shuttle and can one-hit a carrier?
>>577701
Nice. I like the Onslaught, something about it just being a pointy metal lump bristling with ballistic hardpoints is great.
>>
>>577646
Menorah is clearly a hunter-killer destroyer
Dreidel fighter squadrons are a real pain to deal with
>>
>>577731
Yeah Terra does >>574310
>>
Do you dragon hoard or sell shit you wont use?
>>
>>577737
I hoard weapons so I can fuck around with loadouts
Fine selling blueprints though
>>
>>577731
Interstellar Imperium have some really big torpedo. And I mean, REALLY big.
>>
File: hehe.png (26 KB, 341x214)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
oopsy daisy
>>
>>577751
Hundreds of millions of people have died
Kharak is burning, and you're laughing?
>>
>>577682
>>577686
Here's almost everything Unknows Skies adds in terms of special planet structures, i think. I known I'm missing the virus that adds hazard rating and decreses populaiton, and also the ancient religious relic that gives huge benefits, as I didn't find it on my current save. Anyone else can screenshot it so I can add it here?
>>
My game keeps lagging saying something about allocated ram, any fix?
>>
>>577768
Allocate more ram
>>
>>577768
by default the game uses very little ram. But by changing the "vmparams" file you can allocate more ram to it and have it run smoother.
dont remember all the details just google "starsector vmparams more ram"
>>
https://youtu.be/ag50ct3EBxQ
Hegemonky if they centipedes
>>
File: screenshot048.png (1.05 MB, 1366x768)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
now what happened HERE
>>
>>577775
Woman driving.
>>
>>577778
lel'd
>>
>>577755
>implying
Hegeniggers wish they could be as beloved.
>>
You can arm the pirates by selling them blueprints, but can you disarm them again by raiding them or otherwise?
>>
>>577806
Looks like you've got a theme for your thesis anon, pls research.
Although I don't think you can.
>>
>>577813
>Although I don't think you can.
And you'd be right about that, I'm away from my computer till the weekend, so I can't try it myself.
>>
>>577701
Bet its two shite mods you don't want. Additional Berthing and Additional Fuel Storage or some bollocks.
>>
>>577751
>Genocide is fine in a fictional universe.
>Space nazis are not.

Really makes you think.
>>
>starting out, get buffeted this way and that by nebula storms in hyperspace
>learn to fear them, go slow/dark when travelling through all clouds
>over time get annoyed by how much time it takes; notice that only certain clouds have storms
>start carefully navigating through clouds at full speed, only slowing down when absolutely necessary
>nowadays just plough through clouds and hope that the storms push me towards my target
fuck it
>>
>>577527
need centurion/sunder/falcon and gryphon
>>
>>577832
Based
>>
File: sis.webm (2.93 MB, 1920x1080)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>577615
>>
>>577836
they're coming soon (tm). Right now i'm trying to wrap my mind around variants that account for the bit of extra OP you get, and how to not show the LG skin in the autofit when dealing with the regular version of the ship
>>
there any bio-mechanical ships in the game? stuff like moya from farscape or what those space vampires had in stargate atlantis. wouldn't it be cool to repair those ships cheaper with organics instead of always having to spend supplies
>>
>>575524
SO is still stronger now since its cost is not as large a percentage of the total OP as earlier so you can put more other stuff on it.
>>
>>577848
Zieg?
>>
>>577828
>killing hundreds of millions of people is fine
>killing a specific group of people isn't
Hmm
>>
>>577840
What ships are those, they look quite neat, I'm fond of centreline turrets.
>>
>>577869
they are from >>577615
>>
>>577866
No-ones killing the space-nazis though, because some uppity shit chose to crash your game if you used their mod in combination with them, for no other reason than they think all portrayals of facism are bad. Can't wait till these same people are elected to office and decide to completely whitewash the nazis out of the history books because they deem that learning about the bad men might corrupt young minds.
>>
>>577870
but what mod? they're not in neutrino.
>>
>>577876
snakes in space
>>
File: 1473095250604.jpg (335 KB, 1280x1920)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>remnant raid on my system
>they clean up teh dozens of remaning and wandering pirate shits for me
>snap them when their cr is low

thanks for the cleanup and core delivery bros, raid anytime you want
>>
>>575467
Uh guys, the hegemony gave me a mission to survey the alpha site.
It won't let me survey it though because of plot. how do I force it to let me survey?
>>
>>577941
you can't complete that one, discard the mission
>>
whats the fastes 1 mill you can make ? hoarding drugs and selling it to pirate bases ?
>>
>>577954
Get lucky with a ruin/derelict station search and sell a bunch of items to a black market.
>>
>>577954
Disrupting a space port and selling them shit
>>
File: Lexx.jpg (175 KB, 862x1134)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>577848
>2021
>I am forgotten
>>
>>577965
It would need to be remembered in the first place.
>>
>pirate fleet running after me
>its just shitty frigates and a carrier ez
>deploy 3 frigates
>my 2 officers get blown up instantly at some point
>uh whats going on?
>carrier has a system that increase fighter damage
>it has bomber wings with a 700 dmg mining blaster
>I get blown up too
Sorry for disrespecting you pirate senpai
>>
>>577954
Getting semi-lucky with exploration. Not guaranteed though.
>>
File: ZcRbTBa.gif (765 KB, 287x212)
765 KB
765 KB GIF
>>577965
Best 90's sci-fi
>>
>>577973
>>577958
sometimes i get gold, sometimes a revenant fleet, or gold inside a Corona that kills all my ships +8 Yrs away from my sector
>>577959
what works best ? supplies ?
>>
>>577973
no one expects the miner's inquistion
>>
>>577965
I dunno, Tiandongs "Abrahamo Linconi" bounty ship looks a bit like Lexx with a MERICUH paintjob and too much estrogen.
>>
>>577979
Disrupting a spaceport cuts them off from everything they cant produce so most things will work
>>
>buy a Gryphon class missile cruiser
This thing is REALLY neat. Reaper cyclone pod and 3 Atropos on the front, 2 sabot pods on the side, driver on the ballistic mount and vulcans everywhere seems to do really well.
>>
File: fixed.png (72 KB, 220x180)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>577374

Fixed
>>
File: alsofixed.png (147 KB, 276x480)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>577375

Also fixed
>>
>>577998
They're great in player hands but I wonder what the best build for AI control is
>>
Is there any ships that actually reload non-reloadable missiles, like 1 shot torps, as their special ship system?
>>
>>577970
Your loss, zoomie. Lexx was peak scifi schlock.
>>
>>578027
Fast missile racks with missile spec?
>>
>>578027

Missiles and Sundry mod will suit you just fine.

Don't think it's updated to 9.5 yet though. It makes missiles regenerate like they used to in the olden days of SS
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IWhaeedEB2xDvt9qDsTHY4SFBVtaqz83ShVbu1miYFk/edit#gid=0

has the skill that gives your ships extra OP to spend been done away with in 0.95?
>>
>>578032
No I mean like infinite reloads, as in you press F, it charges you an ass load of flux, and all your racks are reloaded, even if they were 1 shot?
>>
>>578043
yes
>>
>>578043
you now have a skill that lets you add a third s-mod
>>
>>578044
So Missile Autoforge but even more broken?
>>
>>578044
The Gryphon missile cruiser has a missile auto forge (single use), which replenishes all missile ammo.

This means, that ship effectively has 600% missile ammo (most likely you will waste a few by using it before running out of all).

You get 300% by missile skill (5th combat - 100%) and expanded magazines (100%).

So you can use 300% base missile quantity, then when it all runs out, run the autoforge to replenish it all (so, 600% total) and get back into it.

Trivia - you can use unstable injector in the gryphon and it works really well (since you dont have any guns)
>>
>>578052
there's also a skill that adds +1 system ability, so technically you have up to 900% missile ammo. A few weeks someone ran the math and theoretically it is possible to shot about 360 reapers on a gryphon
>>
>>578032
Fast racks are only good with infinite ammo missiles, like the Salamander Pod (2x) and Pilums, which means they fire at twice the rate (instead of 2x salamanders, you get 4x in quick succession, and for pilums you go from 3x to 6x)

The vigilance frigate and condor carrier go well with them.
>>
>>578054
Ah, nice, forgot about the subsystem skill with the extra charge.
>>
>>578054
No one's going to run full combat though
>>
>>578052
>>578054
that sounds great, the AI would be balls with the ship, but it sounds like an idea ship for the player to use, get in an exploit overloaded ships etc.
>>
>>578062
it is definetly a player thing. afaik AI gryphon's fire up their autoforge already after one of the launchers is empty
>>
>>578044
There's a bunch of mod ships with a system like this, it disables shield + weapons and slowly refill your missiles
>>
>>578033
>Don't think it's updated to 9.5 yet though.
It is, and works just fine.
>>
>>578033
Oh nice, does it bump up their OP cost too?
>>
>>578085

No but there are rules to the size of the missile rack and how fast they replenish. It's nowhere near as fast as gunz but I guess you could change that if you wanted!!
>>
Any mod that stops medium and large (not point defense) weapons from shooting at fighters/missiles ?
>>
>>578085
A single reaper will regenerate in 125 seconds for example. Most of the time you don't even feel the effects of the mod, only really noticeable in long fights. Oh, and it works by changing weapons, so enemies can potentially benefit from it too.
>>
>>578092
>>578099
Aye i'll give it a blast, I'm still on 0.91 for my main save, reckon it will work mid-save?
>>
>>577778
Kek
>>
>>578014
Now try to fix how shitty this ship is
>>
>>577933
made for big beta core
>>
>>577954
raiding big colonies with crap defenses
>>
>>577933
That lass needs to adjust the straps on her bra, shes got them too loose.
>>
>>577998
Go for hammers or annihilators instead of atropos to provide better cover for the reapers, if you are gonna be close enough for the reaper might as well go all blind-fire
>>
File: missiles.png (973 KB, 2560x1440)
973 KB
973 KB PNG
>>578022
This works decently for the ai, reapers are a bit too easy to fuck up for the ai and hammers that run out of ammo fast+annihilators that run out of ammo slowly means the active reload ability isnt wasted as much
>>
File: GOTTA BE KAZE.png (716 KB, 1920x1080)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
YESSSSSSSS
>>
>>578137
Is that good?
>>
>>578142
one Yuki and three Kori are able to wreck a whole fleet if well equipped and properly played
>>
>>578145
and that's just the jackpot in there
as you can see there's also a Tachyon Lance blueprint
>>
>>578152
Yeah, love when I get one of those.
The whole fleet goes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F5fpvwPr0
>>
>>578156
I see your Death Grips and raise you with THE Clown duo
https://youtu.be/6Gha9xrM10w
>>
File: 1589974215833.png (519 KB, 540x720)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>578135
>When you want to blot out the stars with missiles
Fighters and bombers are for chumps.
>>
File: mildly hot.png (14 KB, 106x55)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
what did Alex mean by this?
>>
>>578194
It's rather complex
>>
>>578195
But how does Time Cube factor into all of this?
>>
>>578194
a bug
>>
>>578195
>you some kind of round earther?
>>
File: file.png (87 KB, 698x190)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
Very reasonable
>>
>>577954
by selling drugs in tutorial mission
>>
>>578228
If you have no colonies/nanoforge, it may be useful. Or for 9 tach lances.
>>
File: screenshot008.png (275 KB, 1366x768)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
what should i get ?
>>
>>578228

why not pay 1mil for a 300k ship, when you dont have colony yet?
>>
>>578249
assuming you can't just make them and you have augmented drive core, those super freighters
>>
>>578188
based Pixy
>>
>>578249
atlas (2smods), mora and legion are only useful things here
>>
>>578195
why do schizos type like they're a victorian-era newspaper ad writer that grew up eating lead paint chips
>>
>>578194
The planet is hotter than Earth, but not oppressively hot, and the weather is predictable and relatively calm.
>>
File: file.png (65 KB, 935x217)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
gonna bet this ones are from beyond the sector, the mod should clean the mess after you come back
>>
>>578228
I was tempted to have him build me a Doom, because I didn't have a colony yet.
>>
>>578228
Its actually decent for some rarer weapons that arent that expensive
>>
File: screenshot022.png (745 KB, 1920x1080)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
>>578276
yep
>>
>>578276
is one of the three or four known bugs with the mod
>>
Is there a ship with like 20 small mounts and thats it? I wanna see how stupid one of those gets in brawling range with like 20 vulcans
>>
>>577527
Thats lovely.
>>
>>578302
scalartech has a battlecruiser with only small mounts
>>
>>578027
Gryphon is the only one in vanilla.
>>
File deleted.
>>578011
>>
>>578317
Actually that doesn't look so bad
>>
>>578323

Yeah... kinda envisioning redoing the whole lot now :D
>>
>>578317
man Panzergrau looks so fucking good
>>
how do you give industry items to other factions? Just trade it to them?
>>
>>578332
sell on regular market on the world you want it to be on
>>
File: quickspray.png (125 KB, 276x480)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>578326

Quick n Dirty template for anyone else who wants to fuck about
>>
File: file.png (21 KB, 258x146)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>
>>578350
>asymetrical ships
>battlecarriers mongrol muttships instead of purebreeds specalized for one role.
why do modders do this shit?
>>
File: update.png (48 KB, 216x192)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
Sunder and Centurion done too now
https://files.catbox.moe/9ijmom.zip
>>
File: J2et2vJ.png (191 KB, 318x307)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
The fleets patrolling my colonies are dogshit, how can i customize what gets printed and relased? i know it has something to do with heavy industries
>>
File: file.png (508 KB, 1294x576)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
Drop your fucking alpha cores I swear to god if i dont get any from this fight I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU A NEW HOME AS A WAGIE
>>
>>578397
d4
>>
>>578397
in the command tab you can decide on a naval doctrine on the left side. Its the thing with the squares
>>
File: file.png (171 KB, 430x692)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
we need more retarded mods
>>
>>578389
I mean, the name "battlecarrier" already implies that it's trying to serve more than one role at a time.
>>
>>578410
yes that is my point. Battlecarriers bad.
carriers and battleships good.
>>
Hyperdrive trivializes the hyperspace travel
Then again we have a fucking janus-ex-machina in vanilla so I guess it's okay?
>>
File: screenshot009.png (334 KB, 1366x768)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>578400
>>578401
what about the D-mods ?
>>
>>578417
hyperspace travel is boring
>>
>>578421
true
i like storm surfing though
>>
is there a way to have the game track where I've found coronal hypershunts?
>>
>>578421
>hold shift and occasionally hold S
Yeah.
>>
>>578420
Get more blueprints. And nanoforges.
>>
>>578427
Captian's Log.
>>
>>578420
Nanoforge on your heavy industry (pristine if possible), upgrade heavy industry to orbital works, and crank that ship quality slider (the boxes) to max. I think higher stability also helps? Maybe that's just fleet size though.
>>
What fleet doctrines do you guys recommend?
Personally I go for 5 1 2 for ship types because carriers are pretty weak and a few phase ships can be useful. For quality/quantity I go for max quantity lowest quality and officer quality. Ship quality feels like a waste since id rather the patrols have more ships. Officer quality might be worth increasing if you run bigger ships but im not too sure how big a difference it makes in autoresolve and regular combat. Ship size im not too sure about. Bigger ships means more ships have officers but having a swarm of smaller ships that can facetank for you and (maybe) move faster on the map. Aggression is either aggressive officers or reckless.
>>
>>578421
>>578424
Wish somebody would do a mod that adds "hyperspace beasts" or whatever that are just kraken fights in hyper space. You could take framework of all the bendy & stretchy ships from KoT to make something really cool.
>>
>>578455
40k warp style? It's actually pretty surprising that there isn't one yet
>>
>>578424
Is it just me or do storms do waaaaaay more damage in the new update? Hitting a single storm costs my fleet a good 200 supplies worth of repairs, sometimes even more if the damage is more severe.
>>
>>578459
Yeah something like that, just something to spice up long travels and give the players something to fight regulary even if you're doing a memey "befriend the pirates and pathers for money" run. Can have the things drop some super expensive tradegood ("Hyperspace Ivory"?) so that simply fighting them for the sake of it can be profitable.
>>
File: patrols.png (862 KB, 1920x1080)
862 KB
862 KB PNG
>>578453
It's all the same to me at this point. Nothing even gets to engage with my stations anymore. Yes I did slap a fusion lamp on that gas giant just to add some heat for bigger patrols from the cryo engine.
>>
>>578446
Stability does have an effect on fleet quality, though I don't think it has a very large effect.
>>
>>578404
i miss that one mod that added the baguette dreadnought
>>
>>578466
This kinda makes me wonder; is the hyperspace ever explained in detail as to how it works, in-game or in-forum-posts-or-whatever? I always thought being able to fight during faster than light travel felt kinda weird.
>>
>>578474
pretty sure its a dimension of compacted space, not really ftl
>>
>>578474
its not 'FTL' like warp or jump drives, its the alternate dimension type of travel, where your ship never actually goes past light speed, space is just condensed in hyperspace--shortening travel distances
>>
>>578453
Im not entirely sure hostile fleets take d-mods into account when deciding if they want to attack, so a big pile of rustbuckets is just as intimidating as a same size fleet of supercapitals.
>>
>>578474
consider Hyperspace like some kind of wormhole dimension where space is compressed
>>
>>578404
>>578470
>>
>>578489
>>578492
>>578498
well shit, I guess I actually gotta read stuffs. Is there a lore for why you need AM fuel only for hyperspace travel?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.8 MB, 854x480)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
WARNING
SICK FILTH INSIDE
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
>>
File: afraid.jpg (1.24 MB, 1920x1080)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>578514
LUDD IN HEAVEN WHAT AN ABOMINATION
>>
File: 1620089401764.jpg (73 KB, 802x840)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>578514
dat thrust
>>
>>578514
For reference, this kind of bendiness is exactly what I'm reffering to in >>578455 that could be used to make krakens or giant space squids or whatever, beasts of meat rather than ships of steel.
>>
File: bubba.png (123 KB, 430x578)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
great or greatest?
>>
>>578539
for me, it's Vulcan Cannons
>>
>>578554
>implying dual MGs are a PD weapon
>>
>>578562
they're both which makes them double good
>>
File: 1620249341163.gif (2.73 MB, 240x135)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB GIF
>>578514
Ludd in heaven, forgive us.
>>
>>578508
Engines have moved beyond fuel from the Dominion era, the antimatter is entirely for the purpose of brute forcing your way out of gravity.
>>
File: screenshot003.png (654 KB, 1920x1080)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
So why shouldn't I just build multiple colonies in Penelope's Star and improve industries with these new fancy items.
>>
>>578428
>hold S
wait why
>>
>>578600
if you don't want hyperstorm damage
>>
>>578601
Fuck damage, I want to ride the wave at 30 burn.
>>
>>578601
weird
does the space lightning stay asleep if you're sneaky?
>>
>>578593
Because those are some pretty mediocre worlds but if you don't mind the hazard rating go for it.
>>
>>578604
yep
>>
>>578603
>sends you flying ten lightyears out in the wrong direction
>>
>>578593
Hazard rating is the most important stat
Any resources you just secure one good source for your empire, the rest is just "is hazard low"
>>
For anyone using the unofficial tiandong port, if you go into the mod settings and disable the custom autofit option you fix the dong fleets having no weapons issue, I wasn't able to determine if the broken stations will eventually fix themselves but starting a new game will fix them.
>>
>>578514
This has to be the work of, ludd forgive me for saying it's name, omega
>>
File: file.png (103 KB, 697x282)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>comms contact asks me to deliver 400 units of fuel to my own colony i'm currently at
>to my own faction
>i'll put in a good word for you
bitch i own you and the planet you're on
>>
>>578683
>Thank you Mr President, I'll tell your boss you're doing a great job
What an absolute chad mindgame
>>
I've asked this before but the answer I got was not accurate, what are all the reasons pather cells can dissolve? I just had one randomly dissolve, I did not touch my colony or any of their bases, it just dissolved one day.
>>
>>578683
Better then this.
>greetings Mr. President
>I need you to raid your own army's highest security prison
>and you'll need a planet sized army to do it
>for compensation i'll buy you a beer
>>
>>578695
>120k marines
God damn I wanna see that prison colony
>>
File: file.png (249 KB, 701x478)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>578695
>New Cordova
Hey I settled near one of those too, mine was a black hole but had a decent terran orange star near it
>>
>>578708
>anon system goes missing 10 cycles from now
>>
>>578264
that's probably similar to how they actually speak, stream of consciousness of barely connected ideas listed off one after another with weirdly placed emphasis, references allusions and asides to other barely connected ideas
>>
File: screenshot024-2.png (866 KB, 1920x1080)
866 KB
866 KB PNG
>have this fleet just by recovering derelicts (except that Scalartech cruiser which I bought and the Izanami which was my starting ship)
man, Nex's random sector is fucking insane when compared to Vanilla map
>>
To yeet a Pather cell one must disrupt the LP collony thats suppling their stuff right ?
>>
>>578775
yes
>>
File: cake.jpg (156 KB, 985x569)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Is there a way to stash part of your fleet in an asteroid belt, maybe in some mod? I think I have a hoarding problem.
>>
>>578793
abadoned stations in the 3 systems they always spawn in, outposts in nex, probably something from the terraforming and stations mod
>>
i think i made my sector too safe, or too unsafe rather, drugs and organs never run out and no one wants to buy them at +300.

Could this have to do with going full murderhobo on pirates and the path ?
>>
>>578795
Fuck me, never noticed the giant "Storage" button on the Fleet screen. Thanks!
>>
>>576029
>he doesnt like interesting worldbuilding
>he doesnt enjoy unique things
>he isnt amused by technobabble
why even play a space game dumbass retarded sperg go “play” minecraft building only using planks and cobble god fucking kill yourself mongoloid
brainlet casuals like you are why games have no soul anymore
>>
>>577007
Wait till you see what the Nirvana can do with its BITEZ THE DUSTO.
>>
>>578857
Special Snowflake Syndrome is obnoxious no matter what form it takes.
>>
So, for clarification, what mods block NGO, and is version checker actually spyware?
>>
>>578945
Hyper Tranny Expansion
>is version checker actually spyware?
Stop taking drugs
>>
>>578946
Thanks for elaborating
>>
File: 1617236698301.jpg (22 KB, 498x406)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>578898
I thought I was tripping when I first saw the Nirvana's system. Fucking hilarious stuff.
>>
>>576223
so when will people start using them to travel to other galaxies? or when will visitors come? perhaps the persian sector is the first one to have them fixed
>>
why do the rules for whether a world is habitable or not go against logic? Surely orange and yellow stars should have the highest chance of spawning habitable world? But it appears just as likely in dwarf systems OR in giant systems, two places where you'd think habitability of planets would be close to non-existent
>>
>>579010
The Goldilocks zone doesn't care about the color of the star, you can be closer/further from the red/blue star and achieve the same effect on top of whatever atmospheric combo that traps heat. Also, I am pretty sure the spawning odds are skewed towards yellow and orange still for habitable planets as I rarely see them pop up anywhere else.
>>
>>579012
spawning odds are tied to the age of the constellation, the older the more habitable. And since average and old constellations mostly have yellow to red dwarf stars they end up with the most habitable ones
>>
>>579012
dwarf stars aren't hot enough and giant stars are too volatile
I'm sure it *could* happen, it's just extremely unlikely
>>
File: 1612629748877.jpg (20 KB, 633x532)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>576561
marvelous
>>
File: Gliese-581-System.jpg (229 KB, 1880x1440)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>579015
>dwarf stars aren't hot enough
sure they are if you're close enough
>>
>>579015
> dwarf stars aren't hot enough
We are living near dwarf star you dingus
>>
>>577429
Nothing new, eh?
>>
File: 1609637036102.png (1.4 MB, 1587x1046)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>576555
based trips for bringing giggles 'n shiggels to my life. I wanna pilot that thing NAO!
>>
>>579021
G-type stars aren't recognized as dwarflets in starsector, nigger
>>
File: file.png (25 KB, 1688x226)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>579010
>Surely orange and yellow stars should have the highest chance of spawning habitable world
They do though.
>But it appears just as likely in dwarf systems OR in giant systems
Literally false.
>>
File: 1589313641969.png (194 KB, 500x500)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>576637
>>pirates can paint a Falcon red to make it faster
Bewooteef'l.
>>
>>579010
"Habital" in this case means having an atmosphere that protects from cosmic rays and being able to breathe without technical assistance. That doesn't mean it supports life, it means you can go and live there without needing special facilities for life support. That is why you can get the rare habital world that is nothing but a worthless rock with no ores, volatiles, farmland, and is essentially just a low hazard planet with maybe very unpleasant heat.
>>
File: 1615386325940.png (172 KB, 565x396)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>579030
>having an atmosphere that protects from cosmic rays
>an atmosphere
>that protects from cosmic rays
>>
>>577832
This entire process took me less than 20 minutes when i started playing
>>
>>579036
Cosmic rays are high-energy protons and atomic nuclei that move through space at nearly the speed of light. That wasn't something made up by science fiction.
>>
>>579041
it's the magnetosphere that protects against cosmic rays, anon
>>
>>579043
no
>>
File: onquest.png (177 KB, 201x410)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>
>>579043
What are you talking about, the magentosphere doesn't reduce cosmic rays to a point where those rays are not completely inimical to all life. The atmosphere interferes with all rays. The atmosphere is absolutely vital to life.
>>
>>578945

The tier list is gonna need adjusting

Tahlan Ship Works
Scalartech
High Tech Expansion
kadur remnant
Dassult
Sylphon
Nexerellin
Varya stuff
>>
>>579048
>only have the large missile mounts of the original

How about instead someone make a fat ass capital sized gryphon i can endlessly spam reapers from
>>
>>579057
reAplas mk3
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 212x238)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>Why yes, I play with 5 builtin hullmod slots and 30 officers slots on easy difficulty, spawning in all zig fleet and spawning in all weapons then turning on infinite fuel and supplies, how did you know?
>>
>>579118
>Not upping the max number of ships to 90+ and matching the max amount of officers with the exact max number of ships in your fleet
ngmi with that attitude, but your heart's in the right place with the higher than usual hullmod slots.
>>
>>579118
>>579125
Only 5 builtins? Try 99.
>>
>>579136
>Only 5 builtins? Try 99.
Look if you going to shoot high then shoot beyond the moon.
>>
>>576859
great missiles
>>
File: screenshot049.png (733 KB, 1366x768)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
zzzzZAP

antimatter blasters linked, of course
>>
>>577841
>and how to not show the LG skin in the autofit when dealing with the regular version of the ship
why?
don't bother doing that, the autofit would just mean a lionsguard-like variant even if it's the usual one, like a bootleg
obviously won't work if you changed weapon mounts though
>>
>>579125
> t. all colony revenue is spent on officers' salary
>>
>>579182
> t. all colony revenue is spent on officers' salary
>He doesn't mod the colony shit to not be so limiting
lol
>>
I want starsector/M&B but biopunk, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>579190
tldr me into biopunk
>>
>>579190
Be the change you wish to see in the world. Alex started from basically nothing with a bit of passion, many others did too.
>>
>>579209
Instead of industrial progress it's all bioscience so instead of getting a new gun or an cyber augmentation you take a shot of pfizer vaccine and grow a carapace and a tentacle that shoots exploding ants and you do that to kill some rebels and earn reproduction rights because the gobernment controls population by adding birth control viruses into water supply.
>>
>>579190
be like Alex or Arby(the guy who made Project Wingman)
>>
File: the stash.png (843 KB, 1920x1080)
843 KB
843 KB PNG
I guess it's time to get colonies
I even have a Hypershunt located and it's close as fuck to a massively good system
>>
>>579225
You could have made hundreds of millions by now with the 4 hololive suites.
>>
does someone have a pic of the (Tahlan Shipworks) Lostech Battlecruiser? I still haven't found one but I really want to know how it looks
>>
>>579239
I dont really need the cash tho, I can easily hunt 250k Bounties with Traumtanzer+Izanami+Hyperion
>>
>>579057
Hmmmm. A big gryphon you say?
Wonder what somebody would call such a thing.
>>
File: screenshot020.png (1.53 MB, 1600x1024)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>579247
250k bounties are like mid-game if you plan to conquer the sector in a long game. You need bigger fleets to take on 20+ capital fights.
>>
>>579240
It's a cube with 3 large, 4 medium and a bunch of smalls.>>578898
>>
>>579218
sounds based ngl
>>
>>579291
>3 large, 4 med and a bunch of smols
sounds.... good
Lostech ships are the best thing in Tahlan Shipworks
>>
>>577481
it isnt that strong. it also means you’re using 50% more flux
just means you get to maybe save some op on one gun you wont have the flux to fire
>>
>>577204
have you seen the authors twitter? it’s some mentally ill low poly reptile porn connoisseur
>>
File: Kantech_hail.png (52 KB, 164x282)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
High tech ships are so fucking dull, I'm a low tech ho, but I've been amassing a whole dragon horde of spare ships at my colony system in the planet with the repairyards from Ind.Evo. So I thought I'd give a few of them a go.

They're all just so fucking downright dull, shooting various colours of lasers at the enemy ship and trying to outlast their flux pool, its mind-numbingly boring. Can some anons share their FUN high tech builds, I've a fair few Starlight Cabal purple dildos (Aurora and Odysseys?) and I just cant find any build for them that I find interesting to play.
>>
>>579180
weapons mounts are all unchanged so i'll leave it at that for now.
Also champion, gryphon and falcon will probably be done by saturday, after that i'm thinking about adding paintjobs to some fighters and bombers but thats more of an afterthought
>>
>>579317
>just found a recoverable one
damn I shoulda asked earlier
>>
>>579340
also what the fuck is this ship system?
>>
>>579332
The whole game is balanced around the rate at which you can convert flux into damage. If you have +50% RoF you're going to be an absolute monster in the players hands as you're going to be able to annihilate enemy ships that are already getting pressured. On top of that +50% RoF will turn some flux-efficient but relatively weak guns into monster damage dealers. Sure you'll burn through your flux pool fast, but you'll also burn though the enemy ship, then you can just back off and vent.
>>
>>577116
If the first guy had a furfag avatar would that make it better or worse
>>
>>578793
you can also modify storage cost in faction station from 1% to 0,001% and stash it at friendly faction place
>>
>>579019
comfy
>>
File: skyLift01.jpg (305 KB, 546x770)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Swear I spend at least 2/3rds of my time in this game playing spaceship dress up simulator staring at the fitting screen and trying different loadouts.
>>
>>579360
dude I just took 20minutes outfitting A SINGLE SHIP
>>
>>579360
>>579361
Imagine you could change skins on the fly too.
>>
How do I stop my game from lagging
>>
>>579337
this Aurora build >>579169 is fun
>launch sabots and remove shields
>ZZZAP from point blank range then run away with plasma jets
>cool off, repeat
>>
>doing the mission to recover the special probes in Epsilon Ohai
>encounter scavengers with remaining probe, open comms and wait; they jettison it after it summons a pather jihad
>their fleet runs away, then immediately turns round and forces a confrontation with my (much larger) fleet
>'this fleet adopts a neutral stance'
>leave
>pathers appear, get into a fight and immediately run away
>keep getting intercepted by scavengers who won't talk, but won't start a fight
>can't leave the system because they're right on top of me, intercepting me and doing nothing
videogames
>>
>>579365
Is it all the time or after an hour or two? If its the second one and you've a fair few mods thats just normal unfortunately, just save and relaunch it.

If its all the time, then have you set the java memory allowance correctly?
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726.0
>>
>>579360
This is what got me in the game in the first place
I'm about 120 hours in, still haven't colonized a single planet
>>
What about a ship with a big grabber arm to pick up frigates and throw them at bigger boats.
>>
>>579387
You need to go suggest that to the KoT modder right now, that would be hilarious and fit in so well with the rest of them.
>>
>>579374
just use Transversal Warp
>>
What about a huge space station/mothership that you can use as a mobile base (it can hyperjump) and ship production facility, but it consumes so much resources that you're basically forced to wage war and raid constantly.
>>
>>579374
>type DEVMODE in console and CTRL click so you're half a system away and transwarp out.

I've had it do that before except it was a contraband inspection and they would constantly recheck my ships and hit me with the negative rep each time till I just devmoded out of it. sometimes the game just goes to shit, I would have quickly hostile with the faction if that shit kept up.
>>
Shit. I just had a pirate revenge fleet warp in right on top of me straight out of a chained fight against a remnant station and Ordos.

Guess this is the end for some of these ships. Curse you hyperdrive mod!
>>
>>579391
>>579394
Thanks guys. I somehow managed to escape when they ran away for like 5 seconds for some reason.
>>
Daily reminder that Ziggurat is SHIT
>>
>>579429
That it is.
>>
Whats the requirement/limits to have a quest giver appear as contacts after completeing the quest? what quest types are eligible?

Sometimes savescumming works, sometimes it doesn't
>>
>>579431
its like 25% chance on success and 10% on fail ore something
>>
Just found the Timeless Prototype from Tahlan, is there a way to turn it into the non-prototype version?
>>
>>579434
no, it's a mission mode exclusive ship and an enemy one at that
same with the Nameless DD
>>
>>578539
for me its heavy machine gun
>>
>>579190

Old game named Evolva might take ya fancy. Not the genre you want but has cool bio stuff going on
>>
>>579337

What’s that ship from?
>>
>>579169
Even for a non SO build, that Ion Beam and 2x pulsed plasma is not good.

Swap the mid forward for a typhon reaper or Sabot SRM pod, and the 2x pulse plasma for 2x heavy blasters.

Firing all 4x anttimater linked is not a good idea, because the edge mounts will often miss, so firing one a time is better (also you may not have the flux to fire all 4 at once)
>>
>>579365
What do you mean by "lagging"?
>>
>>579516
Don't be a pedantic faggot, you know what he means.
>>
>>579469
Chinese mod. Kantech.

>>579368
I never had much luck with the antimatter blasters.
>>
>>579429
Visually speaking, I don't find it very impressive.
>>
After flying the big Griff from the small I feel like the big lad needs a little buff. Probably gonna make it so that two rear L missiles get turned into turrets with converging arcs Infront.

Well I already wanted to redo the model to try and make it as pretty as the small gruff, now I have even more reason to do so. Also don't like how in accurate the kinetic missile is, probably gonna turn it into a big sabot (500KE DMG pellets).
>>
>>578228
Enjoy your dmods.

But yeah, if you have a something like a Revenant blueprint and no way of making them it's good, once you take it to the yard and have the kinks knocked out of it.
>>
>>579560
>Enjoy your dmods.
Not if it's on a planet with an orbital works + nanoforge.
>>
>>579360
Don't worry, I've spent 600 hours in in every armored core game meticulously tweaking my AC. So this scratches my itch while making sure I actually play the game.
>>
Anons who have tinkered with it, is it too broken to let colonies go to size 7 and beyond?
>>
>>579564
Ah ok, I've only found those guys on pirate stations in my experience, and blasting junkers into scrap is proifatble and therapeutic.. Also, why in Ludd's name would I want a Kite(S) blueprint? I'm going to shove that drink in their face next time.
>>
>>579582
To show off you're such a gigachad you can afford to build luxury vessels.
>>
>>579573
my size 8 colony alone makes 750k per month
not sure how broken that would be though
>>
What's the most common things that can royally fuck up your ironman run?
>>
>>579626
This game has no autosave, and an ironman run is exactly like a normal run.
>>
File: player_logo13_flag.png (7 KB, 410x256)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Have you guys made custom flags for your faction? If so pls post.
>>
>>579392
Imagine if you could take the ARS Anargaia for yourself
A ship so big, it has its own bubble in hyperspace
>>
>>579642
You can't? Never tried it
>>
File: Spoiler Image (39 KB, 410x256)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>579637
I can honestly tell you that your flag looks better designed than mine. I cobbled mine together from random shit and spent like 5 minutes in a editing program not knowing what the fuck I was doing, pic related.
>>
>>579637
Your flag is suspiciously Venezuelian.
>>
>>579637
>>579648
i unironically dig these two and will steal these for potential future use 39buhbye
>>
>>579655
My only request is that you make the flags even better, if only so that it may grow beyond my own hands.
>>
>>579648
>>579655
>>579650
Thanks. I looked up a guide to flagmaking (vexillology) for mine - since I've been simping for the Hegemony it's meant to reference the domain + hegemony flags.
>>
>>579565
>Armored Core
MY FELLOW HUMAN PLUS!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Big White.png (667 KB, 980x735)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
>>579675
A raven of fellow taste. Although the first game I actually did play was Silent Line I finished the originals later. That one mission with everything burning was by far the most biggest hook for a game series I've ever experienced. This asshole is an enemy I'll never forget.
>>
>>579711
my first AC was AC2:AA
went backwards to the OG trilogy (borrowed from a friend) before buying Nexus
yes, I've been playing that shit for a very long time
Rosenritter DDs are literally fucking MTs
>>
File: 1619880081337.png (22 KB, 410x256)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>579637
some kind anon made this in last thread
>>
>>579737
Amazing.
>>
File: fixthis.png (3 KB, 409x162)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
anyone know how to fix this?
>>
>>579778
go into your starsector.log and post the whole error.
>>
>>579582
Is it bad i would suck big dick for brawler LD BP's?
>>
>>579778
>>579781

2260775 [Thread-4] ERROR data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.EveryFrameDamageDetector - Error processing damage detection
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.DamagingExplosion.getDamage()Lcom/fs/starfarer/combat/E/F;
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.processExplosions(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:186)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.getWeaponName(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:144)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.FrameProcessorUnclaimed.processFrame(FrameProcessorUnclaimed.java:73)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.EveryFrameDamageDetector.handleFrame(EveryFrameDamageDetector.java:108)
at data.scripts.combatanalytics.damagedetection.EveryFrameDamageDetector.detectDamage(EveryFrameDamageDetector.java:32)
at data.scripts.plugins.DamageDetectionEveryFrameCombatPlugin.advance(DamageDetectionEveryFrameCombatPlugin.java:20)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Trying to use the "updated" version of the Neutrino mod, happens when running the first "mission"
>>
>>579790
Try disabling Combat Analytics first
>>
>>579778
>F

F to pay respects to your crashed game.
>>
>>579790
>.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.super
>>
File: 1617753888221.png (266 KB, 512x512)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>579796
>OOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1618334448722.jpg (1.67 MB, 1600x2263)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>579796
>.uOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.H.super
>>
>>579790
yeah, I get the same thing. try getting update anon's attention and show him that crash log.
>>579794
still crashes
>>579796
>>
File: 1602901275910.png (635 B, 12x12)
635 B
635 B PNG
>>579790
>uoh super
>>
>>579790
Your ai core is in pain lmao
>>
>>579807
Got the new crash log? it may be that a Neutrino weapon's scripting just does not work in 0.95
>>
>>579817
I don't think its the weapons, since the game is crashing before any weapons are fired. I think it's the Gepard Eins wings that ship uses in that mission causing it. adding that ship to my fleet and simming it on its own doesn't cause a crash, but with a wing of those fighters it does.

355793 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.getSystem()Lcom/fs/starfarer/combat/systems/F;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.getSystem()Lcom/fs/starfarer/combat/systems/F;
at data.scripts.AIs.ShipSystems.Neutrino_FighterDroneSystemAI.toggle(Neutrino_FighterDroneSystemAI.java:84)
at data.scripts.AIs.ShipSystems.Neutrino_FighterDroneSystemAI.setToDEPLOY(Neutrino_FighterDroneSystemAI.java:72)
at data.scripts.AIs.ShipSystems.Neutrino_FighterDroneSystemAI.advance(Neutrino_FighterDroneSystemAI.java:57)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.M$1.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>
>>579829
Yeah, something is fucky with that specific fighter`
>>
where do you edit the range of the coronal hypershunts?
>>
>>579837
it might not be limited to that one, I haven't tried the other Neutrino fighters.
>>
>>579839
I don't remember which specific ship system the Gepard Eins had, but try other fighters that have it, if any.
Fuck, it has been a long ass time since I played with Neutrino
>>
>>579850
alright, I tried all the others. it seems limited to the wings that use the neutrino_rotte (Rotte Drones) system.
>>
File: player_taisha_flag.png (44 KB, 410x256)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>579637
I just steal things from other media.
>>
File: EieeEp1XYAIeqCV.jpg (109 KB, 970x660)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>579637
One day
>>
Notice you could invade any station with enough manpower, how much of a good idea is it though? You could cover station output weaknesses
>>
>>579882
original owner will try to reinvade forever, have to deal with shit being disrupted, have to deal with colony/admin limits unless you give it to someone else or autonomy it
>>
Could somebody remind of the stats and mounts of the Traumtanzer?
>>
>>579891
Weekly raids then
>>
File: 20210422_182848.png (369 KB, 797x626)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>
Is it possible to copy and paste the line of code that speeds up the game when you press shift and have multiple keys speeding up the game at different speeds, say for example 2x when trying to sneak and 10x when travelling
>>
>>579898
thanks bro
>>
File: file.png (237 KB, 846x602)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
should I?
>>
guess what I found in a magnificent system which sadly is 12ly away from the nearest hypershunt
yes, I made Guardian a recoverable ship
>>579907
Falken is the only good Neutrino ship and you gotta edit the mod to make it a playable one
>>
>>579907
So you just so it and give it burst guns?
>>
>>579910
fuck, forgot pic
anyway spoiler should be enough to guess it
>>
>>579910
By the invisible image id guess its a cryosleeper, cant you find another good system in the radius cross of both poi?
>>
>>579917
yes I have another good system between both, it just sucks that the one with Cryosleeper has amazing planets while being 2ly too far from Hypershunt
>>
>>579919
Increase the range and toss 10k metals to oblivion as payment
>>
>>579926
makes sense
a sacrifice for greatness
fuck it im posting my brand new Guardian
>>
>>579932
>4 s mods
ludd in heaven, anon
>>
>>579937
the AI also gets to have four smods
>>
>>579913
>SO
>Battleship
not really no
>>
why the fuck I can never buy nor raid enough fuel and supplies for my fleet
>>
File: file.png (233 KB, 727x259)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
does it even stack?
>>
>>579948
afaik no
>>
>>579898
>Aura is off the center of the ship
Uhh what do Tahl
>>
>>579947
I set up a colony recently and they keep stockpiling 15k units of fuel and I don't even have fuel processing set up.
>>
>>579955
what? mine is centered
not that the aura fucking matters when the DD mechas are kinda meh
>>
>>579360
If only Alex will actually take his thumb out of his ass and actually put in a proper simulator.
>>
>>579966
Its Java, you are legit asking for too much. You gotta put that kind of shit in early because once you start adding more features later you can't just go back and conveniently change anything.
>>
>>579971
It's a common problem with a lot of promising indie games. They use a programming language or game engine that's easy for them to work with, but it ends up limiting what they can actually do later on.
>>
>>579976
In a perfect world we would have indie devs, now experienced, make sequels in other languages engines that can fully realize all the cool shit that simply wasnt possible.
>>
>>579976
That is being very presumptious of what I meant. Doing a code rewrite because of spaghetti code is a thing for all coding languages, but Java is missing built-in support that will automatically handle functions that C or in edge cases C++ has built-in supports to handle for you. For customization like this Anon >>579360 wants you need to set it up from the beginning when you're still hardcoding core features with Java.
>>
What's the point of the small sector size option in New Game options, does it make the game easier?
>>
Where the fuck is the Lancer derelict from Arkgneises?
All I've found are the other shitty derelicts from the mod.
>>
>>580024
You have to hit up the bars until you get a mission from an obvious pirate about an "adventure"
>>
>>580016
For toasters, basically. Also makes traveling in hyperspace less of a pain since stuff is closer together.
>>
>>579971
It's not a performance or coding issue, the player can already outfit whatever ships he wants once he's rich enough, all Alex needs to do is mirror that to the opposing fleet. Or add a GUI for editing the csv ship list for the stock opponents, which is trivial in java. I'm convinced he's avoiding doing it because he has a weird hang-up about spoilers and discovery.
>>
>>580033
I thought you meant full complete customization for ships.
>>
>>580024
Love that mod's music
>>
File: player_logo13_flag.png (195 KB, 410x256)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>579637
new one
>>
What is the point of Medusa
Why does it exist
>>
>>579971
>You gotta put that kind of shit in early because once you start adding more features later you can't just go back and conveniently change anything.
why?
>>
>>580123
Memory access, Java code being converted to C or C++ and back (OpenGL), stuff like that.
>>
>>580029
Got it.
Thanks, king.
>>
File: file.png (7 KB, 249x153)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
gotta ram
>>
>>579802
This fucking picture always makes me laugh, all the proportions are hilariously wrong, its like she's got an extra foot of torso there that the artist wasn't quite sure what to do with, all all because they wanted to have both her butt sticking out and her bizarrely high up, glued on tits to be looking super perky. Shes got some anti-gravity tits there too, showing complete disregard for gravity.
As for the face I dont know what the fuck is going on there, its like the artist looked at a pig and thought a snout would look good on a human head. When the fuck have you ever seen someone who's nose is literally perpendicular to the rest of their face?
Hair is also weird, like its a plastic wig thats been set in pourable acrylic or some shit, and showing the same disregard for gravity has her chest. Hair doesn't just flow outward from the body so that it sits a good distance away from it on its own.

The whole picture occupies this weird space between uncanny valley and ridiculousness for me, and I can help but nervously laugh it's wild mistakes.
>>
>>580197
>uncanny valley
more like uncunny valley
>>
>>580197
shut the fuck up ludd
>>
>>580199
based
>>
>>580121
It used to be good.
>>
Recommend me mods please
>>
>>580257
Tahlan Shipworks
Beyond the Sector
Quality Captains
Starship Legends
>>
What happened to all the market conditions that aren't used anymore in the main game?
>Urbanized Polity
>Industrial Polity
>Rural Polity
>Vice Demand
>Organized Crime
>Frontier
>Cottage Industry
>Luddic Majority
>Stealth Minefields
I see these occasionally in modded systems, and I remember them being on core world planets in previous versions, but why did Alex cut them out?
>>
>>576169
A lot of japanese guys rubbing sticks together.
>>
>>580275
Alex is on a simplification spree, more or less. He always does this, introduces mechanics with some complexity then simplifies it to remove any and all hints of redundancy. its like he is making a phone game but forgot that phones aren't suitable for this kind of game.
>>
>>580275
IIRC a lot of market conditions got culled when 0.9 rolled around, seemingly in a move to cut down on the number of market-made market conditions in favor of using industries/structures for that purpose instead.
>>
>>580080
Looks pretty nice but the Heg and Dom symbols might clog up the left side of the flag. But if you really want them there, could you do a small test and have those two symbols share room in that strip of white you got that other symbol directly in?
>>
File: screenshot074.png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>579057
>
>>
>>580456
What mod?
>>
>>580480
Charmingly Wearisome Additions
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19023
>>
>>580482
Forgot about this mod, even though it has some nice additions to the game. Thanks.
>>
>>579057
There's the Big Griff mod that adds a missile capitol.
>>
When is DME? It's been too long.
>>
>>580121
>>580250
wait what
what did Alex do to break my lil round buddy I haven't had a chance to drive one since the update
>>
>>580534
Months, author wants to do a major rework or something
>>
>>580542
I thought it was mostly actually making use of new 0.95 functionality, like giving all those sigma matter things an use?
And there's still that upcoming Magellans mod that he wants to release before DME gets updated.
>>
>>580534
already updated by some anon
https://mega.nz/folder/sUR1maaY#eFF9pPRxMndKYthhG_-_Vw/folder/4U42GB5K
official update is gonna be a while, because like the other poster said, the author has it on the backburner while he's working on something else.
>>
>>580534

DME sucks

It contains malicious code that may crash your game
>>
>>580572
Source: my ass
>>