[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone tried it in the remastered version? Is it still worth playing when Attila exists?
>>
Never played Atilla, had a go of the remastered RTW as the Sarmatians, migrated into Italy. Was pretty fun, but just kiting the Romans to death makes it a bit too easy.
>>
I'm planning on trying it once I'm done with my campaign on the regular Rome total war. I'm not sure who I want to play as though. Might go for the Romano British since the remastered version actually has them be playable
>>
>>574775
>the remastered version actually has them be playable
Damn that's cool, any other previous non-playables in BI that are playable now? I knew about the .txt edit to unlock the non-playables in base game RTW, but didn't know there were also some of those in BI
>>
>>574778
The Slavs and the Ostrogoths. They are emergent factions, so playing as them was previously impossible.
>>
>>574778

All unplayables save for rebels are playable now, IIRC. So you can be Slavs now.
>>
>>574661
Gonna do a WRE playthrough after my Seleucid playthrough in RTW
>>
Is WRE more difficult in BI or Atilla
>>
>>574794
>>574775
How did they make emergent factions playable?
Are they just there from the start now?
>>
>>574661
Attila is on the shitty terrible Warscape engine so yes, Barbarian Invasion is better
>>
>>574844
You start in turn 1 with a randomised army/settlement (in a location that makes sense for that faction)
I don't know *how* randomised we're talking here though, I haven't tried it yet but now I kinda want to boot up the game and try restarting a campaign a couple of times to see if there are any major differences. Will post results once I'm done
>>
>>574831
Attila definately
not just harder but more annoying due to shitty design, you spend 1h+ per end turn just to defend the same shitty cities from never ending attacks
it gets boring pretty fast
in barbarian invasion you get a pretty hard yet fun campaign
>>
File: slavs.jpg (745 KB, 1920x1080)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
My Slav campaign is going well. Economy and public order are good, I just have to raise an army now that my hordes are disbanded. Thankfully I already set up forts at the Danube river crossings, so that buys me some time.
>>
>>574873
Fuck off, Attila had the potential to be GOAT, if only CA didn't leave it for dead after it didn't meet sales expectations
>>
>>574917
Warscape is shit just like your shit taste in vidya. The only thing that could have saved Attila was if they decided to create a new engine that wasn't shit or go back to the Rome 1/Med 2 engine instead of that floaty bullshit
>>
File: 1613739477374.png (357 KB, 534x406)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>574946
Shut the fuck up, I bet you haven't even played it
>>
File: 20210503233711_1.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>574844
>>574884
I tried starting the 3 emergent factions 5 times each. Difficulty setting doesn't affect anything

>Romano British
1) 1 general, 5 cavalry and 4 infantry
2) 1 general, 3 cavalry, 2 infantry and 4 missile units
3) 1 general, 4 cavalry, 4 infantry and 1 missile unit
4) 1 general, 3 cavalry, 5 infantry and 2 missile units
5) 1 general, 3 cavalry and 6 infantry
All five times I spawned in the Britannia Superior region with 10 units, so I'm guessing it's always the same

>Ostrogoths
All five tries I spawned in the Campus Iazyges settlement with a general, 2 horse archers and 10 peasants (with gold upgrades for some reason)

>Slavs
Spawns with 7 armies every time, location seems to be one of two possible locations in the Locus Barbaricum region

Seems like the 'simulated' faction starting positions aren't as random as I had thought after reading the disclaimer in the faction selection screen. I did NOT check diplomacy or map status to see if the other factions had done anything at all to simulate 'real' turns, but so far it seems like it's basically just a quick way to ensure those 3 factions are playable from the start. Oh well
>>
>>574917
attila had a lot of broken mechanics wtf
>>
>>574953
The key words of my post are potential and leave it for dead
>>
>>574949
I did play it after negroids on /vg/ insisted it was an amazing game, and refunded it after noticing the combat was every bit as shitty as Rome 2's because the battle engine used was the very same trash. Also the performance was shit despite by PC being well above recommended specs. Fuck that game and fuck you for perpetuating the lie that it's any good. Total War will continue to be shit until they design a new engine that is actually good.
>>
>>574954
should've launched a finished product then lol
>>
File: 1600619088846.jpg (17 KB, 413x395)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>574959
>CA
>finished product
>>
>>574962
Rome and Med 2 were finished products. Back before the series went to shit.
>>
File: 1590510627907.gif (1.76 MB, 400x206)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>574966
>>
>>574968
Not an argument amerishart
>>
>>574972
>amerishart
I accept your concession. Try taking off the rose tinted glasses next time
>>
>>574966
The ridiculous thing about total war is that it has been steadily dropping features since Med 1. Anyone remember how you could attack your allies mid battle, and use hedges for cover?
>>
>>574978
t. mutt
>>
File: 1618473573091.jpg (36 KB, 800x450)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>574987
I'm not even a burger lmao. I bet you're one of those perpetually asshurt eastern euros who constantly piss and shit and moan over on twc
>>
File: 1576373357697.png (756 KB, 540x720)
756 KB
756 KB PNG
>>574990
>I'm not even a burger lmao. I bet you're one of those perpetually asshurt eastern euros who constantly piss and shit and moan over on twc
>>
>>574998
I'll take that as a yes.
>>
>>574998
>>574990
this is very autistic
>>
>>574950
>Ostrogoths
>Eastern Goths
>spawn to the west of the other Goths
They should just make them a horde
>>
File: dieSaxon.png (3.18 MB, 1441x1112)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB PNG
>>574950
Finally I can rp as King Arthur and save Britannia from barbariansscum.
>>
>>575053
>They should just make them a horde
Only in the post-Attila engine, sorry zoomer
>>
>>574949
I've tried to get into Attila several times. I can't force myself to play past 10 turns. The entire game just feels lifeless. Like a lazy mess of browns and muddled greens with no aesthetic.
>>
>>574915
friendly reminder that Macedonians are and were Slavic
>>
>>574980
>Anyone remember
yep
>>
>>575721
This game was the first with hordes zoomer.
>>
>>575701
>Finally I can rp as King Arthur and save Britannia from barbariansscum.
Invasio Barbarorum already exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTERYJ3FXoM

Also there's obviously The Winter King for CK2.
>>
>>574966
>Med 2
>finished product
the release version was a disaster
>>
>>574915
Did they actually add more units to the Slav roster or kept them the same? IIRC they didn't really have anything unique to them.
>>
>>575799
Most BI factions were either generic Germans (Lombards, Burgundians, etc) or generic Steppe Nomads (Slavs, Vandals, etc.). I think the expansion could have used a lot more work, since it's pretty clear that the factions you're supposed to play are really the Roman ones.
>>
>>575749
I did not know about this mod. Guess it's going straight to the list of M2 mods I want to try at some point.
>>
is anyone else having an issue in base game rome remastered where your candidates for adoption wont stop dying when your messenger arrives? ive had at least my 15 past candidates all die before the messenger could arrive, and im not sure what i need to do on my end to alleviate it. i really need some more generals so its screwing me hard right now.
>>
File: file.png (637 KB, 821x352)
637 KB
637 KB PNG
>>576118
here, an example from my past turn
>>
>>576118
>>576124
This was actually also a feature in the original, but because of the new message system people aren't being made aware of it until now.

It happens if you ignore the message and then enter a battle map or otherwise do anything that affects the (invisible) position the game had placed the character in. It also happens with the Man of the Hour event that some times occurs if a captain wins a battle; if you merge or split the army the captain was in the army no longer 'exists' and thus the adoption prompt is no longer valid.
In the original game it was significantly harder to 'fail' these types of events since both of them would appear as pop-up messages immediately when they occurred. In the new message system it just gets dumped with all the other junk messages so you might not even notice it until it's too late. Your best bet is to either listen for the audio cue (It's a ringing bell) or check the inbox every new turn or after every won battle.

It sucks and it's one of the many reasons why the new UI is horseshit
>>
>>575732
Okay Boris
>>
>>575749
Seconding Winter King, if you're into Arthurian legend it's one of the very best mods CK2 has to offer. You'll probably enjoy it even if you don't like CK2 base game
>>
anyone working on remaking the lotr mod? only reason would consider buying
>>
Man those Christians/Pagans get really butthurt when you try force-converting their settlement.
>>
>>576154
thanks. now i can actually recruit leaders. i had 3-4 generals all disappear on the same turn without anything that i could see in my alerts about it, so i had been doing without for a while.
>>
>>574794
>>574844
>>574950
>>574884
90% sure they just stole this mod, I used it for over a decade and it works in almost the same way.
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php/57253-Rebel-Commander-Play-as-all-the-Emergent-Factions-in-BI
>>
>>575749
>i find cavalry charges are stronger than in other mods
dropped
>>
ive been playing as goths. I always loved BI, as just like Attila, its a rise up in difficulty for when you grew comfortable in Rome / Rome 2.
You just gotta know to take a loss, and to enjoy how you win some, you lose some.
No savescumming, no hoplites camping bridges for cheesy victories...
For anyone who wants to get into BI or Attila without getting buttfucked i'd recommend trying the Sassanyds, or the Eastern Romans, wich are the 2 easiest imo. Sassanyds become harder in Attila as White Huns go to your area eventually tho.
>>
Do you guys know any mods that let you upgrade barbarian settlements past "city" in the base RTW game? Like for instance bringing the upgrades from Barbarian Invasion to the base game.
I always found it annoying how your urban development is so limited as barbarian factions in Rome 1.
>>
>>574950
Thank you for gathering this data. This will no doubt inspire a mod that truly randomizes it.
>>
File: 1599234170861.png (453 KB, 415x417)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
What would anons like to see in the Med 2 remaster?

>Playable Mongols/Tims
>A fully functional campaign that integrates all settlements, units, special general skills and features from the kingdoms expansions into a grand campaign
>Pikes fixed
>Gunpowder units more responsive and organized
>Non-retarded diplomacy (a stretch)
>Upgrades making units look even cooler (such as better visual differences)
>Improved Jihad/Crusades
>Improved assassination and spying cutscenes.
>Obviously graphics and music improved
>Actual multi-core support so it can run properly on new rigs

What else? My only concern is newUI being shit.
>>
File: 14456789309960.jpg (12 KB, 222x211)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>578173
>this fucking list
Why do you referring to it as a remaster? It's a sequel. Remaster means - no core changes, just graphics update.
>>
>>578218
If you actually want a sequel, then we'd probably have much bigger shit like big family tree stuff, entire combat revamp and an entirely new engine/faction rosters, not to mention the cancerous DLC whoring CA does. Half the shit in the list is already achievable with mods alone.
>>
>>578095
>I always found it annoying how your urban development is so limited as barbarian factions in Rome 1
it's just part of the game's ahistorical gonzo charm, enjoy turning the world into monke huts to honor your ancestors anon
>>
File: 20210505200806_1.jpg (472 KB, 1920x1080)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
My gothic campaign so far
>got thesalonnica and some other settlements by cheesy diplomacy before losing them
>Huns fuck me over, move on to attack the ERE
>Just ignore the hordes and they might ignore me
>>578247
kek, well it got really annoying when you were forced to exterminate your own cities due to constant growth without any buildings to fix the squalor.. im guessing its better in the remaster since squalor got fixes but id still like some better upgrade path for cities. Hell i might do the mod myself if its easy
>>
>>578263
I gotta agree with the anon about it being part of the barbarian theme of being warlike but lacking technology, squalor is inevitable though, unless you got the remaster change to slow it down.
>>
>>578269
i just watched a few documentaries on barbarians and iron age tribes and they were actually capable of building big cities
like for a short while, the biggest city in the world was in east europe, although it was structure more like a "Megatown"
>>
>>574980
dude MTW is still my favorite with Warhammer close 2nd. From the Risk-style campaign map, to the music, to the event notification sketches, to assigning titles, to Viking invasion, to literally disintegrating empires by assassinating their monarch and heirs and then bribing their stacks as rebels (10% of normal bribe cost). Yeah there was a lot of BS and broken crap (eg faction re-emergence) but I wish they'd remake a game in that style. I bought Thrones of Britannia purely due to nostalgia for MTW:VI and it was fucking shit. In comparison with MTW, I really didnt like what they did with RTW.
>>
>>578173
>A fully functional campaign that integrates all settlements, units, special general skills and features from the kingdoms expansions into a grand campaign
Honestly this is all I could ask for
>>
>>578346
>>578173
bro thats a remake not a remaster. Just wait for Med 3 if you want that many changes.
>>
>>578358
Med 3 will be a nu-TW game so unfortunately it's destined to be shit
>>
>>578365
well wasnt there a Total War clone on the works? that looks swell. Battles are a smaller scale than total war, but they seem to be similar.
https://youtu.be/KvRHIvAxZoE
>>
>>578263
I remember being a kid and thinking the Goths looked cool, loading them up and getting absolutely reamed by the Huns a few turns in. Good times
>>
Has Feral given any explanation as to why Rome Remastered requires Win 10? Its not like its using Dx12
>>578423
my first campaign in BI was something like that
>used to the piss-easy campaigns in Rome 1
>choose some random faction
>they only have 1 settlement and are losing money every turn while being surrounded by romans
>sarmatians appear out of nowhere with like 6 doomstacks and gangbang my only settlement
i remember i quit BI for years before giving it another chance, assuming all factions were that hard and that they fucked up the balance of the game completelly
>>
>>578382
First time I hear about this game but that looks like some good shit, thanks for making me aware of its existence
>>
>>578346
Play vanilla beyond, it's alright.
>>
>>578566
I actually have played it quite a lot. That's why I want a more polished/official version of it since even though I like the premise of Vanilla Beyond I don't like some of the map layouts and how it's far too easy for generals to get max stats

It's a cool little mod but sadly it's not very well known since it came out far too late in comparison to most of the classics like Stainless Steel
>>
>>578295
Patrician. I'm just finishing up an Expert campaign as the Irish in Viking Invasion, where I've lost around a third of the battles, have had to head off a civil war, and have been surprised and put on the back foot by the AI on the strategic map on several occasions. The Risk-style map matched with a smaller campaign that finishes as soon as the player starts to snowball is the best.
>>
File: lolAlex.jpg (112 KB, 949x497)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Damn... people really dont give a shit about alexander... never did i guess
you'd think barbarian invasion would be less popular than muh alexander but its such a bad DLC it manages to be worse
>>
>>578582
At least its not a bug infested mod, SS crashes way too fucking often to be enjoyable.

That and the fact it has the whole autistic cavalry buffing is a huge turn off, but spergs will be assblasted if you say its unbalanced.
>>
>>578594
Even when it came out Alexander felt like the worse expansion of the two
It's basically feels like a user-made scenario mod except it's an official product
>>
>>578597
I feel like "muh historical accuracy" often ends up getting in the way when TWcenter modders try to make mods for the games. There's a fine balance between historical authenticity and maintaining fun gameplay or a good user experience, but there are times where it feels like the modders just use their mod as a platform to name drop terms and expressions they learned from Wikipedia or some random .pdf scan of an Italian history book from 1950
>>
>>578620
the sloppily-drawn Greece and Crimea has always been utterly baffling
>>
>>578625
>"muh historical accuracy"
The autistic obsession with historical accuracy makes Europa Barbarorum an autismfest where no fun can be had imo.
Roma Surrectum is much better at marrying realism and gameplay i think
>>
>>578594
What are the 3 rarest achievements you obtained?
im thinking of going for rare achievements to try stuff nobody does
on this order these are the rarests
>Achieve victory as Goths (0% people have this)
>Achieve victory as WRE (0.1%)
>Defeat the Sarmatians (0,1%)
i think very few people play BI and most stick to the base game, thats my only explanation for these numbers
>>
>>574953
The whole horde mechanic, the core of the game was utter garbage.

It should have been an expansion of Rome 2, adding improvement to that game and allowing both to receive a unified development process over its lifespan, bu nah, they had to make it a "new" game instead.

The funny thing is, Rome 2, while utterly garbage at release, eventually got optimized so much better than Attila, which, because of its nature as a cash grab that failed, could have desperately used.
>>
>>578173
A better representation of the Islam of the time, including research bonuses and happiness/order/stability bonuses that came with the Religion of Peace.
>>
>>578932
I'm surprised, Goths are the babby tier faction, all you have to do is horde up and head over to Iberia (like they did in real life) and take and hold it, you have some of the best archers in the game to defend your walled settlements, then expand from there. But I guess nu-total war fags don't realize that you're supposed to go mobile and instead try to make a stand in Dacia (I actually did this once and wiped out the Huns, but then my economy went to shit and the settlement rioted, so the game definitely wants you to leave)
>>
>>579300
neat. Never bothered playing hoards but that sounds like fun.
>>
>>579320
I liked doing ahistorical migrations, the best one was migrating the goths to egypt.
>>
>>574778
All previously non-playable factions from Base and BI are now playable, for whatever reason they didn't do that for Alexander though but there's a workshop mod that does it.
I just wish there was a way to play Alexander campaign but with the full map.
>>
>>575732
There actually are emergent theories that Romans may have been Trojans who may have been proto-Slavs. Look up Tollense River Battle and "Baltic Troy". There's speculation that Troy might've actually been on the Baltic side of Europe rather than Mediterranean and that the Tollense River Battle may have actually been THE battle of Troy. DNA showed that the combatants had DNA matching those of modern Poland, Italy and Greece in terms of ethnicities.
>>
>>579358
No, I refuse to believe that the glorified fan fiction of the Aeneid has any basis in reality.
>>
>>578452
they just don't wanted to bother with it
>>
>>579395
it probably was truth
>>579358
ever heard about new chronology by foremko?
>>
>>579417
>ever heard about new chronology by foremko?
No, care to elaborate?

>>579395
There factually was a GIANT battle far beyond the scope of anything else in the time period near the Tollense River, there are literally THOUSANDS of corpses being discovered by archeologists and the DNA all match those of modern Poles, Greeks and Italians. It's highly likely that Troy did in fact exist, just not where people thought it was until now which is why it was hard to find proper corroborating evidence. Personally I find it to a fascinating discovery, especially since the time period also matches up.
>>
>>579438
essentially that most history is fake up and man made(as manufactured)
the guy in question was brilliant soviet mathematician and used to crack codes or something them suddenly got interested in history and used math to crack it up
and his effort lead him to believe that most history is fake(and whole periods are doubled) with same events being told in different time under different names
the whole issue of 'phantom time' is not new as before there were people who claimed that
its kind of neat but too big to talk about it here
>>
>>579438
for example here is example of 'phantom time'
these time about bronze age collapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxZHg74nHg
not connected to foremko
>>
>>579446
>>579451
Can you at least link me to some good shit I could read about this? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>579453
https://www.unz.com/article/how-fake-is-roman-antiquity/
https://www.unz.com/article/how-fake-is-church-history/
https://www.unz.com/article/how-long-was-the-first-millenium/
this one is rather interesting
then there is this
https://www.stolenhistory.org
but be warned this one is mostly western and well attract to many nuts, still enjoyable read if you don't take it serious
otherwise I suggest doing google/YT search although plenty of it stop showing for various reasons
>>
>>579459
Thanks, something to dig into eventually.
>>
>>579459
That's like the germans and their Thule fantasies. Or roody poos and their we wuz kangs garbage. Proclaiming actual history fake, in favor of some idiotic fantasy that *insert your garbage culture here, be it germanic, slav, subsaharan roody poo" were the real Romans, or supermen or whatever.
>>
>>579472
>implying history is not fake
>>
>>579473
Don't you see? All history that doesn't aggrandize your kinfolk is a lie!
>>
>>579474
i just find alt history interesting
why you such a bore anon?
also its not like mainstream history isn't manufactured (at last in some parts) and its not like new theories or old one proven true not appear and challenge current one
>>
>>579476
Oh I do too, I'm more into the civilization being around much longer than the current accepted academic zeitgeist suggests. But the weird ethnic fantasy stuff just annoys the hell out of me.
>>
File: Richat_Structure_-_SRTM.jpg (495 KB, 2259x1244)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
>>579477
I enjoy it if its make sense. Sometimes it make too much sense and then its scary.
> I'm more into the civilization being around much longer than the current accepted academic zeitgeist suggests.
Ah yeah then you should probably enjoy this one >>579451
Not gonna lie, its also one of my fav topics.
>>
>>579477
Not the anon you're arguing with but I'm not sure what's wrong with the theory that Romans may actually descend from Trojans who may in fact be proto-slavs when the DNA evidence from >>579438 suggests it might actually be possible.
>>
>>579485
Is that the suspected nuke crater from theory that we nuked ourselves back to stone age once already?
>>
>>579510
nope
its were Atlantis were located based on Plato writings
the nukes are supposedly happened in India and Central Asia
>>
>>575878

Same situation as in Rome 1. That said it can be hard to really differentiate the Germanics of the period. Best you can really work with is:
>Ostrogoths
Get cataphracts as they were the Eastern Goths and had them when they settled in Italy
>Visigoths
Give them good ex-Roman troops to represent their major presence in the roman armies. Good balance of stuff
>Franks
Infantry centric, francisca and angons (pilum like throwing spear), they're easy to work with
>Vandals
When they settled in Africa I think they were an entirely mounted force, every man a cavalryman. So maybe give them lots of cheap melee cavalry. Don't give em bow-cav though they should be Germanic nomads not Iranian nomads like the Alans.
>Alans
Generic steppe nomads
>Lombards
No fucking idea.
>Burgundii
No fucking idea.
>Saxons
Almost exclusively Infantry sutton hoo all that shit easy to do.

>>578173
Like others said for an honest remaster the main thing will be playable Mongol and Tims. In terms of fixes I hated how javelinmen took centuries to throw javs in M2 compared to Rome.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>578594

Look up the Alexander TW map. It is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, it looks like a 12 year old drew it in MS paint. It was the epitome of a cash grab. Granted even if you did it now (and R2 didn't suck) it's hard to make Alexander a great Total war experience. You'd need to split the Persian empire into satrapies/sub-factions a'la the Sillykids in R2, have a really intense Three Kingdoms tier (or more) interpersonal relations mechanic so you can struggle with courtly intrigue for Alexander as much as the enemy, and ideally have some Diadochi system where when he dies unless you survived long enough to implement reforms the empire immediately splits into Diadochi and you get to choose who you want to hotseat into.

>>578625
I looked up SS rosters and assuming the honga ones are up to date, it's pretty disappointing how inaccurate some of the rosters felt like, the Muslims (khwarezm excepting) looking to be the exact same as their vanilla types. Just a glance and the daylami are utterly fucked, little buckler scimitar guys who should be having brightly painted big thureos style shields and double-headed (never clear if it's trident or front and back headed, I assume the latter) zhupin javelins and battle axes. Some other issues, but I think in general M2 lacked an EB or RTR style authentic retelling of its units/armies.
>>
So this... is the modern gamer...
>>
>>579556
I still don't understand why nobody made a proper Alexander mod using modified main map instead of this abomination.
>>
>>579574
nobody care
>>
>>579536
The Franks in BI feel like the only Barbarian faction they bothered to flesh out, and even then they really only have two unique units, the Francisca Heerban and the Paladins.
>>
>>579300
>But I guess nu-total war fags don't realize that you're supposed to go mobile and instead try to make a stand in Dacia
its like you're reading my fucking mind, ive never went horde with Goths and still won lol
to be fair the AI in remastered didnt buttfuck me as much as they could considering i had several doomstacks of Vandals and Huns in dacia and they only ended up taking 2 settlements eventually before we signed peace
>>
>>579300
I remember the one time I tried not hording and holding off the huns, I managed to get together one decent full stack while the huns rushed in with about 3 or 4. I was able to engage each stack individually thru night battles and I believe on the second or third battle I managed to kill Attila as well. By the end of it I still had a decent amount of men left to take on the last stack and finally eliminated the huns by killing all their generals.
>>
>>579566
HOI4 was literally made for this poster. Draw lines to Moscow and win.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqDPcKjZpvg
>RTR:IS will have two different campaigns Stainless Steel style
holy based
>>
File: disdain.jpg (67 KB, 500x574)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>579566
>Minecraft generation can't into the simplest strategy game
>>
>>579729
how will they differ?
>>
>>579566
>Buys strategy game
>doesn't want to think
So this is what Warhammer 2 and HOI4 do to peoples' minds
>>
>>579698
Interesting. I find the trick to beating Huns as Goths isn't out-cavalrying them, it's getting them into siege battles where you have a shitload of archers and just wrecking them with your missile superiority while occasionally sallying to fend off would-be-breachers, and smartly placing spearmen in case they do breach. But whatever works for you.
>>
>>580796
In my campaign I have almost completely wiped out the Goths by exclusively fighting them in ambush battles where I can surround them immediately. The remaster actually shows which forests you can ambush from which makes it a lot easier. The goth horde has been roaming in my frontier regions so I've been placing my main army in the ambush locations and then positioned a single unit in a visible area to serve as bait. They've tried to attack it almost every turn which has led to them walking right into my ambush instead
>>
File: Selahaddin.jpg (35 KB, 600x450)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>578173
>Obviously lifted/raised limits on number of factions/units/cities and whatever else there is, mods were being cucked by them for far too long
>iirc ability to import custom skeletons for models is lacking which is why fantasy monsters always look so weird so that would be nice
>Playable Mongols/Tims
>Playable Papacy
>Ability to see other factions family tree so I can know which of their lords are unmarried and if they have any princesses for sale
>Less rebels or none at all, just factions. If it's too much work at the very least split them from main factions and make them use those same units. Those lobotomised rebels are boring. Importing Kingdoms factions should do the trick as well
>Revoking of crusades so player army doesn't desert so quickly
>2h units/pikes/gunpowder units fixed
>added Non aggresion pact and separate military and defensive alliances to diplomacy
>ability to start at various time periods would be amazing but probably beyond the scope of remaster
>Ability to make generic captain into general/lord without accepting him into royal family
>Ability to launch kingdoms minicampaigns from main menu of base game
>historical battle missions Battle of Grunwald now has Teutonic Knights as enemies and not HRE
>Ability to directly control more than 20 units. That nuTW still only allows to control merely 40 is pathetic, but even that would be something
>Quality of life improvements to controls, ability to move and rotate entire army with ALT, groups that are not locked, moving of unit cards etc
>place for more unit abilities and formations on UI
>Event pop ups don't disappear completely after you close them
>manual firing for artillery
>>
>>574661
I've tried playing as the Romano-British which the Remastered version allows you play play as. Seems fun and challenging but the hordes are pretty annoying and OP. Thankfully once you get over the initial challenge of taking on the Celts and WRE you're pretty much safe on Britain so long as you keep your navy and economy strong.
>>
>>574911
In Attila that's why you have the option to abandon settlement. I read somewhere there's a strategy to just abandon all settlements in Gaul and Hispania (and maybe Italia) to starve the barbs of incone and territory, then resettle those areas once you've rebuilt up your own army and economy.
>>
>>581036
>Ability to make generic captain into general/lord without accepting him into royal family
Didn't the base game (or at least the Kingdoms expansions) have this by having the final tier of stables recruit General's Bodyguard units?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.