[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: capsule_616x353.jpg (82 KB, 616x353)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Stable update finally, 1.09. Gauss weapons were made better and pushed earlier into the tech tree so there's less reason to skip them for lasers. Bunch of other minor shit.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5010532
Anyone else notice menu slowdown on turn 100+?
>>
>>564245
big slowdowns, especially when switching to or playing cards from the zone or nations section
>>
File: 1295166274195.jpg (130 KB, 1440x810)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Me realizing I can put those stationary turrets into trucks with a battlegroup
>>
Jesus christ ending this game is a slog. Next game I'll play a smaller planet with slowest research.
Wait, is it possible to have a small planet with a thick (>600 mbar) atmosphere?
>>
>>565131
I dunno but someone please do this >>560523
>>
>>564749
wait what? trucks can tow automated turrets?
>>
Did the new update finally make turn times bearable?
>>
>>564749
lmao Uhaul that bunker
>>564245
>Critical Failure with Gift Stratagems no actually does lose you the Credits you offered. *
I thought this was intended.
>>
how do I even into this game? for dwarf fortress I just read the quickstart guide on the wiki and then dicked aound until I got it. SE honestly sounds like my dream game but I feel so overwhelmed with options I haven't even made a turn yet.
I'm currently just reading the manual
>>
>>566682
just play it and slowly discover everything by your own
>>
>>566682
manual open ctrl+f, save and loads, ruin a few games dicking around.
First turn is easy, if you feel threatened nomad, slaver, aliens around start churning out machinegunners. if no ruin/settlement then buy some machines. If you have 500cr, nationalize scav.
Generally call mayor to set 3 cr public budge to gain some public opinion, set worker wage to 3 for lols, zero the recruit bonus and max the recruit limit--you can always send them back if you don't want them.
Second tern have militia parade so either prepare 200 for tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>566682
go commerce+mind+meritocracy and the economy will run on friggin autopilot
Also generate worlds until you get earthlike with a decent amount of mining during colonization, less resource stuff to worry about early on
>>
>>566757
>if no ruin/settlement then buy some machines
You mean to buy them if I don't start on a ruin? What do I need the machines for?
>>
>>567654
you always start on a ruin, I meant no additional ones which once you taken over there is a chance to find some resource which include machinery.
Machinery's are needed for many industry buildings such as dome farm, mine, recycling.
>>
>>565131
Ending needs something to speed it up, I wish Vic would add something like Thrones of Ascension from Dominions 5
>>
>>567871
oh okay, so you buy machines early to make sure the price doesn't shoot up?
>>
>>567988
it is the cheapest of all time as buy price only rise over time. And once you get your own recycling or rare metal for RM income you dump rare metal (wait until around 4cr/RM) and buy more machinery instead of making, as machine price is definitely lower than 20 RM, and no need to waste 20 additional IP to make.
Sometimes you find resources in ruins and freefolk settlements that include machinery so thats why I say if you don't see any around buy some.
I usually buy 2-4.
>>
File: ShadowEmpire_q67Vu04qQV.png (1.92 MB, 1600x900)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>supported a rebellion
>spawns 2 militias out of no where
one of them I just made supply connection. The other one are just gonna stave to dead right. Whats the fucking point of rebellion's if they can't source food locally. Are they suppose to be delay just to draw away the forces?
>>
>>568427
The real question is why are you making unrealistic promises? Just say no if it's too far away next time. It'll also take them many turns to starve to death. Units don't just drop dead, it's a RNG thing. They're also just militia, and probably early game ones at that, so they're worthless anyway, doubly so because you won't even be able to replenish them after their civ becomes your civ.
>>
>>568495
>promise
I kept my promise by invading, this is revolters cuz dictator not private prospector found interest.
The nation was asking war for 600cr anyway while the other dictator minor is interested in military advisor and giving me money.
I will let the other group die as they may draw some units away.
It says its our civ militia, newlanduch militia.
>>
>>568530
You can just try to march them back to your territory if you really want to save them.
>>
>>568540
I can't imagine the top right ones are able to return in time, consider they move slower and slower as readiness drops and the border will be stacked with units that they will be body blocked the last hex.
Now im thinking whether they can walk on the empty capital un resisted or not if all enemy units are on the main battle fields. I conquered a few retarded AI minor with exactly this kind of luck.
>>
I'm going to start a new game tomorrow and I want two things; better performance and viable airforces.
My last game had like 8 majors and 60 minors or some crazy shit and by turn 120 EVERYTHING (including opening menus) had horrific performance issues. Also the gravity was moderate and the air pressure low so aircraft were effectively useless.
What settings should I go for to get all that?
>>
>>569139
>better performance and viable airforces.
These are probably mutually exclusive. You need a bigger world to have more gravity to have decent air pressure, which may give you more majors and minors.
>>
>>569139
try a small size world without survival stress enabled and lower population to cut back on the number of regimes. For aircraft try 0.3 to 0.5 gravity, and keep an eye out for the description of the atmosphere when rolling for its composition, it will tell you if it will have a non-existent, thin, negligible, marginal, etc atmosphere.
>>
How is the micromanagement in this game? I thought the dev's previous work (Advanced Tactics Gold) was ridiculous in that regard. I'm wondering if it's just as bad in here.
>>
>>569139
Someone should tell Vic to focus on optimization rather than the future navy implementation
>>
what does the air pressure actually effect,? why would a plane perform "better" on a planet with 1g and an earth comparable atmosphere than a plane on a .4g planet with a earth comparable atmosphere. both have the atmosphere to generate lift and provide oxidizer, so why are medium and above planes only viable on the higher G planet?
>>
>>570024
I would think the .4 gravity planet would have a less dense atmosphere, assuming the planets are otherwise the same size, air composition, and air pressure.
>>
Is there a way to remove Laser/photonic weapons?

I really don't like them in my setting, I want my ooga booga world to stay ballistic
>>
>>570148
If a planet is really young it could theoretically have a much thicker atmosphere than the "equilibrium" /long term atmosphere. Also you could have stuff like sudden volcanic activity add a bunch of gas to the atmosphere, thickening it. Or microbial life arising and converting solids and liquids to gases.
>>
HOW do I manage logistics better?

Does building more logistic truck hubs at my capital actually help increase total logistic supply? Every game I've started there's always been a private logistic hub I can't upgrade so I've been building extras outside my city directly but they still have 0 supply coming out of them.
>>
>>570499
Think of logistics like a liquid, it flows out from the starting point and every divide means the distance is lessened. You use traffic signs to control the flow, and roads are the only place it can flow.
You nationalize transport hubs to upgrade them..
>>
>>570484
If it were thicker, then it wouldn't be earth like like >>570024 mentions. The probable reason that a 1g planet is easier to fly on given the same atmosphere as a .4g planet is that the atmosphere of the 1g planer is denser, that is more tightly packed, not more of it.

>If a planet is really young it could theoretically have a much thicker atmosphere than the "equilibrium" /long term atmosphere. Also you could have stuff like sudden volcanic activity add a bunch of gas to the atmosphere, thickening it. Or microbial life arising and converting solids and liquids to gases.
Sure, roll a Cerebus world.
>>
>>565174
If that suggestion is about o'neill cylinders, airplanes would be absolutely bonkers. They rotate fast.
>>
>>570024
Oxidizer isn't a thing in this game. You can have trucks with combustion engines on a moon with no atmosphere whatsoever. Only pressure matters regarding airplanes.
>>
>>570750
You say that like they don't already move 33 fucking hexes. Also a turn is 2 months, they should be able to fly all over the world and back again anyway.
>>
>>570024
http://www.vrdesigns.net/openbeta/analytics_air.pdf
>>
Reposting because timelapses are cool and you should make them too
>>
>>570813
No not range. I meant all that weird physics with a rotational frame. Obviously could be handwaved.
>>
>>571603
I wish I could timelapse the turn times.

Seriously, the insane turn times make me not want to play this game as great as it is otherwise. Why cant the game use more than 15% of my CPU for fucks sake?
>>
>>571603
I should make a timelapse of my game that I did a while back that lasted for 200 turns
>>
>>572014
play with less regimes
>>
>>572070
I like big maps and epic length games though, its kinda shitty to forego the true potential of this game just to have it run.
>>
>>572082
>I like playing with settings that guarantee long turn times
>why are the turn times so long this sucks
this is a problem of your own making and nobody likes hearing people bitch about those.
>>
>>572179
No, I agree with him. If a game offers specific options and mechanisms, I fully expect them to work as advertised - if not, cut them out.There is no reason at all why a turn-based game in 2021 should have those loading times on current systems. It's an optimization issue.
>>
>>572353
lone indie developer, please understand
>>
>>572353
"fast turn times" was never advertised
>>
>>572353
>ugh why can't we have larger planets and more regimes?
>ugh why are turns times so slow with this large a planets and so many regimes?
it's a lose-lose situation.
>>
>>572066
https://files.catbox.moe/wwj1u4.mp4
Here's my attempt at a timelapse, it covers mostly the western front of my run
>>
>>564245
I love the idea of this game but the thought of manually moving tens of units is kind of scaring me out of buying it. Is there some qol feature or something for it not to be a total shitshow?
>>
>>572962
Anon it's a TURN BASED game, you have all the time in the world to do your turns.
>>
>>572962
you can group move all units on the same hex
>>
File: Nuke to Hell.png (3.01 MB, 1920x1080)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
haven't played since January but man.. what a based game
>>
>>572948
Very cool anon. Did you know though that the game has an automated screenshot function? At every turn end it will take a shot of the entire world, including whatever overlays you have enabled. Turning on the supply overlay gives a good impression of where your territory extends.
>>
>>573212
I am aware of the screenshot function, but as I said it was made from an already finished game so I am worried that if I used it that the AI would generate a different outcome rather than what actually happened during that game.
>>
>>573532
Ah yeah, the game overwrites screenshots. Compiling them for different playthroughs means making folders and saving shots from every turn.
>>
>>573113
It has NUKES?

Alright, /vst/.. sell it to me. Besides NUKES, give me just one more tiny reason to play this moving-colored-squares-around grand strategy for someone who doesn't enjoy moving colored squares around.
>>
>>573556
What's the difference between moving colored squares around and any other icon?
>>
>>573556
You can kill an enemy by choking its logistics instead of its units.
>>
Cap V spy mistress
>>
>>573556
one of the things i enjoy most about the game that many others dont really have is the fact that you can absolutely level enemy cities with bombers.
a few turns of using heavy bombers with high payloads will absolutely tear an enemy's backbone to pieces, and its extremely satisfying. you even get to see the damage for each individual thing bombed.
>>
>>564245
I haven't played in quite a while, has an AI gotten any better? Couple months ago it wasn't able to mount any serious offensive if you were on par with it
>>
>>572353
Go and complain about it at the Matrix forums
>>
I have complete faith that VIC will fix the game performance at some point, he's a hardworker and SE is his little jewel
>>
>>574740
He did fix the game performance. The game no longer freezes and feels like it is going to crash whenever I look at assets in the management tab or adjust a traffic sign with the preview logistics mode on. The turn times are also much faster. There's not going to be a situation where you have 30 things thinking in turn and have it done in 30 seconds.
>>
>>574256
you can get a mistress?
>>
>>569139
when your setting up the game, their is a option to have insane amounts of minors and majors, if you have none of the options selected during the planet generator, it will randomly pick one which could be that one.
>>
>>574754
>>574740
ive never had a single crash since launch, which i dont know a game today i can boast the same about. Also everyone complaining about turn times must have literal toasters for rigs, my m.2 makes even large games load each turn in less than 60 seconds. Compared to total where where it can take 2-3 minutes to load a single battle.
>>
>>575129
Oh I intentionally made that game with a lot of factions, and based on my experience there I don't want to do it again.
>>
>>575140
You think your hard drive effects turn times? What?
>>
>>575140
This game was marketed for toasters though...
>>
>>575140
>ive never had a single crash since launch
Since launch, or since Steam release? You aren't a Steamtard, right?
>>
>>573880
Woah woah buddy... is that actually true? I thought the AI didn't really play by the logistics rules. And if they do, how much cheating do they get compared to human players?
>>
File: AI.jpg (813 KB, 2440x1134)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
>>575253
RTFM
>>
So I noticed using traffic signs gives a portion of branching penalty instead of the full thing. Snaking was a meme after all.
>>
>>575453
yes, it's proportional to a the block percentage.
>>
File: Untitled.png (698 KB, 944x457)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
I love this game
>>
Anons, please
Has the AI gotten any better? I don’t want to waste several hours of gameplay for the enemy nations to be completely unable to carry out any offensive on me in the lategame
>>
>>575920
It's gotten slightly better, but like in all other 4X, the AI can't keep up once you know how the game works.
>>
>>575954
I’m talking more in terms where we have parity with enemy but for some reason they don’t carry out encirclements or amass forces for spearhead assault
>>
>>575956
Honestly I wouldn't know, AI are basically resource depots waiting for human players to take them. I'm always on the offensive against them with tanks, so they never get a chance to do anything.
>>
This one is hot off the presses boys
>>
>>577225
nice
>>
>Minors taking over enemy major's territory
>They have the enemy capital surrounded
>Major declares war on a vassal of mine touching both of them
>Minors immediately stop attacking enemy and beeline for my new territory
nice game.
>>
Any particular tools to use for making a timelapse?
>>
>>578087
adobe premiere with webm codec
>>
>>577225
nice
>>
>>577225
nice
>>
What are the best independent custom formations?

I like attaching bikes and light tanks to buggies to form Force Recon units and bazookas to MGs to form heavy weapon detachments but what’s actually super effective to do?
>>
>>579481
It doesn't matter much for independent formations as they don't benefit from OHQ skills unless attached to an OHQ (and there's only two slots), so I'd say just build the independent formations seperately on the hex and move them as one. For recon specifically, units with recon already provide their recon to neighboring hexes so there's little point in implementing them directly to the formation.

For OHQs, the combination I find most effective is using either Heavy RPGs or Heavy MGs as the base, then adding RPGs if the base was MGs or MGs if the base was RPGs, then after all that add a couple of light walkers. Using a Heavy type as a base is for limiting how many units of light infantry you get, as you're better off with the specialized variant.
>>
>>579491
why not use a heavy grenadier infantry formation? it's got MG's and RPG's to start with.
>>
>>579496
Mostly personal preference for two reasons:
-It takes less time to get a Heavy MG/RPG formation.
-All Heavy formations are distributed (roughly) in a 50% basic unit, 50% specialized unit. This means a Heavy RPG Corp is 2500 light infantry, 2000 RPG; while a Heavy Grenadier Corp formation is 2500 light infantry, 1000 RPG, 1000 MG.

I'd rather start with 2500 infantry, 2000 rpg/mg and then add another 2000 rpg/mg to the mix, which only takes 1 customization action instead of two.
>>
>>566581
It seems that losing the credits in a critical failure was intended, and now it's happening as intended.
>>
File: Untitled.png (872 KB, 2108x1070)
872 KB
872 KB PNG
>>565268
>>564749
>>566581
I just got around to playing some more. Turns out you can also attack with them for better or worse. Now I need to see if you can dump them off road and they'll still pick up supplies.
>>
does the game still take 4 years to process a turn in the late game? I really liked this game, but the absolutely ridiculous late game turn times turned me off, and I've never started a second campaign. Literally my only complaint.
>>
>>581504
Depends. If you played back in like 1.03 or something, then the times are shorter and you have the option to make the AI stupider so it takes less time for it to think. If you played like 1.07 and started an epic max sized world with 15 majors game then it's just going to take a while and you'll need to accept that or play something else.
>>
>>581521
I started on 1.07 on small worlds with like 3 or 4 majors and the late game turn times were still so long that my great grandkids haven't been able to play yet. I'll just keep waiting for them to fix this shit, I guess (in b4 "it can't be fixed"; I have played dozens of 4x/grand strat games in my life, and literally none of them have this problem, it is 100% a game issue).
>>
>>581580
literally no other game has growing turn times as the game goes on? really? not a single one?
>>
>>581580
yeah man, stellaris doesn't exist
>>
>>581725
or total war, or aurora 4x, or dwarf fortress, or hearts of iron, or....
>>
>>581453
If they can get supply off road with vehicle then they can get supply alone. Organic supply units fetch themselves.
>>
>>564245
Any mod project in the works, or is it still kinda new?
>>
>>584324
Ive seen only graphics mods including extra based EOFS mod
>>
>>584324
it's very difficult to mod this game outside of graphical mods
>>
File: We do the funny warcrime.png (2.12 MB, 1920x1080)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
This nuclear attack was made in retaliation for the siege and destruction of a small farming town I had on the fringes of my nation.

Fuck 'em, enjoy your rads and life support dome breaches. This is a HellRaiser well spent
>>
>>585581
Absolutely based.
However do keep in mind that they will also start retaliating with nuclear weaponry now if they possess the capability
>>
>>585581
Oh boy. I remember one game in which I became utterly frustrated and decided to go completely "fuck it"-mode on the AI. In the end, I've irradiated a third of the map with 10-100 mt nukes, destroyed almost all AI-controlled cities with nukes and imagined what it would be like if the nukes could also be used to terraform the planet.
>>
>>585991
>what it would be like if the nukes could also be used to terraform the planet.

How exactly would that go? I guess you could use the Planet as a nice glowing interplanetary beacon afterwards, but how would one use nukes to terrafrom?
>>
>>586059
One can always nuke the polar ice caps of any world. That was an idea to melt the dry ice on Mars to kickstart global warming there. Other than that, there were ideas floating about in the 1950s to use nukes for the construction of deep canals. As far as I remember, they wanted to use nuclear weapons to dig a second Panama canal and other shit.
>>
>>586105
What is "S&S"?

Changelist for v1.09.02
-Added S&S Editor
-Added Documentation for S&S Editor in the Manuals directory
-Added a PDF of Dev notes on all most of the data tables
-Air HQs now have organical logistical points as well and can pick up supplies from nearest road *
-Fixed a moderately rare glitch where AI could end up with public and private truck assets at the start of game.*
-Immobile Troop types will get replacement troops as well now.
-Tech mining techniques will no longer improve bio-fuel + synth.plants..*
-Deep core gas extractor is going to benefit from the Tech mining techniques. *
>>
>>586237
What is "S&S"?
scripts and scenarios? lets you make custom events and whatnot

>-Added a PDF of Dev notes on all most of the data tables
very curious as to what this is
>>
File: SE_1.09_S&S.png (63 KB, 1048x687)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>586237
>>586242
I haven't download to check what the beta has, but this is the forums answer i found.
>>
File: SE_LET_ME_IN_ahhh.png (86 KB, 877x780)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>586699
I can't read the game's own file with this tool.
>>
>>586860
Cheap chink mobileshit Shadow Empire clone when?
>>
File: SE_im_in.png (76 KB, 982x876)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>586887
sorry john, not into developing or playing mobile games.
Anyway found the password.
>>
>>586860
好家伙,这犄角旮旯也有国人
>>
>>586237
>What is "S&S"?
"Sexy & shiny"
>>
File: amazed.gif (228 KB, 278x288)
228 KB
228 KB GIF
this game is pretty cool
haven't played maybe since it first came out on /vg/
has there been any major changes since?
also, seinfeld mod where?
>>
File: nuke1.jpg (617 KB, 1919x1080)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
Motherfucker
I was not expecting that
>>
>>587210
They will start retaliating with nuclear weapons if you start using them first or/and they are desperate from what I've seen.
>>
>>587305
not true, I've had a war I was slowly losing against a technologically and numerically superior enemy and they were still the first ones to use nukes.
>>
>>587314
Must be decided by their regime profiles or something else then, because from my experiences I only get nuked only after I nuke someone or when they are desperate and nearing defeat.
>>
>>587210
Are there nuclear defense units/buildings in this game? I've pirated it and played a bit, and I liked it, but I'm not certain I want my cities and areas to suddenly explode with no defence.
>>
>>587774
there is no way to prevent conventional or nuclear attacks on your assets, something oft complained about.
>>
>>587774
Yes, alpha strike nuke everything they've got first, just like in real life.
>>
>>587799
Just don't be a cuck and nuke them first.
>>
>>587774
>afraid of nuclear war in already nuked world
Fag
>>
>>587774
>I'm not certain I want my cities and areas to suddenly explode with no defence.
This reminds me, I have a door somewhere I haven't opened yet.
>>
File: kramefusion.gif (892 KB, 200x189)
892 KB
892 KB GIF
>>587201
anyone?
>>
>>588036
airforces are in, customized OOBs, 2 new planet types, and just in the latest patch a way to add your own events and stories
>>
What are trainingbonuspoints? I can see that Barracks buildings give them, but I'm not sure if they just speed up the XP gain from training or if they effect thresholds for when units are classed as Green, Regular, Veterans, etc.

I'm leaning towards the thresholds part but I really have no idea.
>>
Also another question, is it good to put Machinegunners in Mechanized formations or should I not do that and have different infantry instead
>>
>>588153
makes your units accumulate passive exp faster

>>588158
machine gun infantry are superior to regular infantry in every way so if you can swap out your normal infantry for them so much the better
>>
>>587201
idk when that poped on VG. Air force, more Aliens, more minor types and now editor.
>>
>>587201
>>588036
There are airplanes and anti-air models, aliens have random abilities that can make their skin as hard as steel or shoot lasers, these aliens can also be sapient and have societies that you can interact with to an extent, there are two new planets (one with a bunch of oases and one that is flat and covered with water up to like 50%). I don't remember if the planet options(forced life, more regimes, etc) were added back then, but I think they were. There's an OOB customization system, you can scrap excess cards and make new cards, gauss weapons were buffed, OHQ commander skills were nerfed in half so they'd stop having ridiculous rolls. AI also now makes new cities, uses artifacts, nukes you etc.
>>
Is there any reason to let a Syndicate grow in strength in a city or is it purely negative for you?
>>
>>588269
the only time i ever tried to see if syndicates were beneficial, they started causing massive issues in my cities, so i had to purge them over and over and over again (read: at least 8 times) to finally get most of them out. even then, i still had to purge one of my cities a few more times to completely get rid of them.
>>
>>588269
They're for if you want to be a corrupt government as far as I can tell.
>>
Does Archeology happen automatically through your Economic Council (basically is it just rolled into Prospecting) or can it only happen if you use the archeology card?
>>
>>588313
Automatically
>>
File: ohgodohfuck.png (1.44 MB, 1158x765)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
oh god oh fuck
>>
>>588339
pedo advisor
>>
File: unknown.png (247 KB, 1053x168)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>588339
Now that Vic has released (limited) mod tools we might have porn mods now.

To test, I shrunk down AT battalions from their ridiculous 80/240/800 sizes to a more reasonable 50/180/600.
>>
>>588444
Why is that more reasonable?
>>
>>588475
80 a pop is oversized for the job they do, since tanks are 50 a battalion. This means that a force of AT guns won't be able to cover as much frontage as an equivalent force of tanks, and the enemy could use gaps in your AT defense to pry open a breakthrough.
>>
>>588479
Why not make tanks 80/240/800 then?
>>
>>588486
Because the standard sizes for non-infantry units are all 50/180/600. AT guns are the only unit type that break this rule.
>>
>>588487
So it's just OCD in the end
>>
>>588535
Come on anon, that's an oversimplification.
>>
>>587804
there's actual nuclear defence weapons in real life though. I guess we don't know if they actually work, there's a point there.
>>
>>588535
No, it makes AT units slightly more usable. As it is, going for ATs is very inefficient due to their bad cost:firepower ratio, and the fact that they have more units in their independent formation means more of their firepower is wasted.
>>
>>588604
I heard theres a shitty Iron Dome that runs out of ammo whenever you actually need it. Sounds kinda pointless.
>>
>>564245
Are there oceans and boats yet
>>
>>566682
I’ve played Advanced Tactics Gold and similar games, but I’m curious as to how steep the learning curve is for this one too.
>>
>>588908
soon
>>
>>587201
>seinfeld mod where?
based
is /4xg/ still entirely kept up by spiderfag spamming
>>
>>588912
Not very much desu
>>
Why the FUCK aren't these pieces of humanoid shit getting food? I thought it was supposed to be the primary thing they got even if nothing else, but they won't fucking get it! Why the hell isn't food the highest priority of anything moving on the network? Shit moved across the network, so why not food? None of the cities around produce anything worth a damn and everything is shut down anyway so can focus on making a solid network, but whatever the hell they moved, it wasn't food.
>>
>>589327
Food has priority over all other resource sent to units but if you don't have enough logistics points you don't have enough. Turn on the bottlenecks overlay and look for a black section.
>>
>>589337
Even if you don't have enough, some food would get sent, not 0, with nothing else going down that line.
>>
>>589425
Units are the last thing to receive resources. If there's a bottle neck somewhere in the line caused by all the logistics points carrying material to and from zones and the SHQ then there won't be any left to carry supply to units. Food going to units does not have 0 logistical weight, it just has priority over ammo and fuel.

Post a screenshot with the bottlenecks overlay turned on
>>
>>589425
it also doesn't matter if that one stretch of road closest to the units has logistics points available on it if the road leading right out of the SHQ has a 100% bottleneck. The food needs to come from the SHQ directly.

Also if your SHQ inventory has like 1000 food sitting in it but the change that turn was also 1000 it means there wasn't any food available to be delivered.
>>
Do we have boats now? Boats soon? Boats when?
>>
>>589483
boats soon
>>
botes
>>
is this worth buying? I tried it before and my main problems were

>long ass turns
>logistic bottleneck overemphasis
>overall missing content like mods or console commands

but I thought overall it was a good game and it reminded me of Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>589785
yes, it's really good.

-Long turns have been lessened, but still there on very big planets with lots of regimes. I recommend you shift into multiplayer, it's in my opinion the meat and potatoes of the game
-Logistics are still one of the big focuses of the game
-Vic has recently released the S&S editor, which allows people to add story modules and change vanilla tables
>>
>>589327
The classic bottleneck since the refocusing penalty got created is a one-tile 100%-use section located on the SHQ position.
>>
>>589496
when?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (935 KB, 1920x1080)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
This is one of the neighbouring majors in my game, should I just restart?
>>
>>590950
adapt and overcome
>>
>start game
>get bum rushed from everyone next to you and lose everything by turn 2
Great game.
>>
>>591122
Not sure how you managed to get yourself killed so fast. maybe from aliens?
>>
AI still can’t carry out offensives, right?
>>
What does "tactical nuke", the technology do? What can actually fire them?
>>
Does anyone know WHAT I am turning off when I switch on "fast AI" processing?
>>
>>591676
It's probably not a matter of what you're turning off so much as that the AI does less of it.
>>
>>591442
unlocks a tactical nuclear grenade launcher mountable to monitor tanks and monitor tanks only
>>
>>591138
Fast and aggressive local fauna can do that easily.
>>
>>589789
any tips on finding multiplayer matches?
>>
>>592615
We've tried setting up matches in this thread and they died farily quick, and the forums don't seem to have a place for setting up games... the only place I found that is still active is this unofficial discord: https://discord.gg/RxC3X4Bc
>>
What's the highest gravity planet you guys have generated? Ever made it to 3g?
>>
>>593075
I've seen 1.3g while playing around with the largest planet size during generation but I tend to only play on small worlds where I aim for 0.3g to 0.5g
>>
>>593085
Try out different planet types. Cerebus worlds tend to be heavier and the large ones have like 2~2.5g.
>>
>>591158
I only play on regular but no not really, theyre good at sending a few lone units around your back to try and choke off logistics but if you have any semblance of a line against them no matter how spindly it may be they tend to just bunch up in front of it and wait to be attacked. If they do attack it's usually piecemeal and of no real threat.
>>
Why can infantry have quad machine guns but not non-GR mechs?
>>
>>593635
With the custom OOBs, now they can!
>>
>>593635
That's a good question, but the heavy MG's non-GR walkers usea re better than the small arms quad MG's GR walkers use. Heavy MG's have double the penetration, don't suffer from the MG attack penalty, and their higher strength let's them do their job as tank killers better since their firepower isn't being divided as much, allowing them to overcome higher HP more easily.
>>
>>593643
What, custom OOBs let you set what you can equip onto vehicles? I'm not talking about formations, I'm asking why they equip dual machine guns but not quad ones. Just have two on each arm. I'm bothered by them having one weapon and no missiles in general though. I really hope there's an update that reworks them to be more like airplanes in the weapons department.
>>
>>593661
Ah, I assumed that you were asking why infantry OOBs can have quad machine guns, but no walkers.
>>
>>593661
The properties of quad MGs are in direct opposition to the inherent bonuses the walker model type gets. Quad MG's count as small arms so they have a -50% hard attack penalty, while walkers get a hard attack bonus. Quad MG's also receive a -50% attack penalty for being a primarily defensive weapon while walkers are meant to be offensive tools. A regular infantry quad MG would be more effective in its role than a walker equipped with quad MG's would be.
>>
>>593676
It wouldn't be the only vehicle like that and it would be solved by making them "heavy" quad MGs or whatever with the same name but not the penalties. Not even an issue. Also I doubt the infantry one would be more effective due to the hard attack and on-foot penalties being cancelled out.

On the subject of weapons, how are the modding tools that were recently added? I've been bothered by the idea of a laser machine gun for ages and want to make them limited to gauss weapons while giving gauss weapons a higher penetration value.
>>
ok downloading the latest to give it another go at this game
does it have any special requirements to get running on wine?
>>
>Gen 5 basic gauss weaponry infantry is better than Gen 1 laser weaponry infantry
Should I even bother making new models?
>>
>>594355
uh.. why don't you just make your next upgrade on that infantry line with laser weaponry? It will retain the weapon design score.
>>
>>594361
I just want to know if there is a benefit to start a new model, instead of just build off the one I already have.
>>
>>594367
if the structural design score of your existing one is low. After a certain point field testing can only increase base design by a maximum of 10 points, which makes it harder to get better scores. If you're capped out on field testing making a new model. It's a question of maximum potential, really.
>>
>>594371
I see. I'll stick to the ones I already have then, they're pretty beefy already.
>>
>>564245
so the only few torrents I manage to find are from last year version ~1.03
anywhere to get the newer one?
inb4 game is actually worth a buy, just not right now
>>
>>594446
If you have the old version and the crack, you don't need a new version. just apply the new (solid number) versions with their updaters and run the crack again. The beta patches can just go over the appropriate game version, if it's the Matrix one.
>>
All defensive penalties, from terrain, postures, etc, are penalties to defensive attack and not hitpoints, right?
>>
>>594534
low readiness negatively effects hitpoints
>>
>>594543
What's readiness have to do with defensive penalties?
>>
>>594570
units being attacked use their hitpoints value when determining if they are killed. low readiness makes that lower, making them more likely to be killed when receiving attacks.
>>
File: Untitled.png (381 KB, 638x296)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>594577
Okay, but that's not what I asked. I asked "All defensive penalties, from terrain, postures, etc, are penalties to defensive attack and not hitpoints, right?" not "Does low readiness affect hitpoints?" What does readiness have to do with postures and terrain atk/def mods? Are you trying to say the def lowering aspect lowers readiness but can't quite make it connect those points together in writing?
>>
>>594609
readiness would be covered under your "etc" would it not? If you didn't mean to ask about every factor that affects attacks, including readiness, don't use such open ended language.

In any case the combat odd calculation preview clearly marks what influences attack and what influences hit points.
>>
>>594620
>All defensive penalties, from terrain, postures, etc
>All defensive penalties,
>from terrain, postures, etc
I fail to see how you could have read
>All defensive penalties, etc from terrain and postures
Even contextually, postures and terrain imply attack/def penalties, not readiness penalties. Understanding it as anything else is even more bizarre. Postures are as in the image in >>594609 with "+40% on attack and -30% on defense" and things like that, while terrain penalties are stuff like "DEF-MOD -40%". I cannot even conceive of why you would think of readiness in conjunction with either of those things. I certainly didn't ask about "every factor that affects attacks" just by way of limiting it to defensive penalties, which if you read again, will notice is what I was asking about. That is, it asks what "defensive penalties" are meant to be, not "what all affects attack".
>>
>>594534
Yeah, all of those things affect the attack values and not the hitpoints.
>>
>>594451
I see, thanks anon, and where can I find those updates?

>>594341
also, does anyone know if it werks on linux?
>>
>>594991
From the website. https://www.matrixgames.com/game/shadow-empire
>[PC] Update v1.09.00

Of course this does not work on linux. I don't know about wine.
>>
Did they fix the graphics yet? Gameplay looks very interesting but graphics-wise it looks like absolute dogshit.

I wouldn't mind pixel art or primitive graphics, but this game seems to have zero sense of art style whatsoever. The portraits especially look like vomited ass.
>>
>>596377
This.

Can you guys stop posting about Shadow Empire? You could be bumping threads about actual videogames instead of this hideous spreadsheet slideshow.
>>
>>596377
there's nothing to fix, it's already perfect
>>
>>596387
sneed
>>
>>596377
>>596387
Not based, and definitely not redpilled.
>>
>>596377
You have to be 30+ to post on this board
>>
>>596377
>>596387
>muh graphics
go back to /v/
>>
I wish profiles were a bit like in ES2 where building things influenced your profile leaning.
>>
>>596387
>>596377
go suck a cock and post about EUIV, Stellaris, HOI or CK. dont you faggot ass niggers love those "games"
>>
>>596377
>>596387
t. zoomer reddit soibois
>>
File: backgroundmarc2.png (545 KB, 1021x768)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>596377
there are some portrait packs n graphics mods. I don't like them compares to the original tho.
>>
>>577225
It begins - an invasion by a large, all-motorized/mechanized force. Only made possible thanks to recent patches that made motorization not suck up so much manpower and therefore actually viable.
>>
File: Untitled.png (521 KB, 513x502)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
So this AI major had a shitton of tanks, which I bombed into oblivion. They pulled them back and I haven't seen them since. I figured it realized it was pointless to use them since it was flooding me with infantry now, and after capturing a few cities I thought I'd be able to pull back and relax for a while while keeping them bordered by a bunch of neutral to allied forces for the time being. So while I was pondering this turn how they have 3 (three) 3rd (third) light armor brigades, I remembered their tanks existed and did a sweep for them. Turns out that one of the two huge minors to the south that had gobbled up their territory earlier, and which I had made peace with, had just gotten its city captured by their tanks, turning their land into the enemy's. Fortunately it was the smaller of the two, and it was actually even smaller than I thought because a lot of territory underneath turned out to be just non-aligned, but now I have a big opening which I need to build up a logistics network to even approach, though I could just bomb everything to heck. On closer look, the tanks there are a regiment, so it's a different force altogether.
>>
Didn't Apocrypha cult used to only kill Anima cult members, or am I mis-remembering?
>>
File: natural 100s.png (202 KB, 1474x150)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>start new campaign
>starting position is decent
>lots of ruins
>two minor neighbours
>ohshit.png
>slavers right next to me
>at least 6 units of animals and rifle militia around me
>keep everyone and their grandmother at bay for a dozen turns
>I finally take one minor out
>the skirmishes with the fauna/unaligned continues
>the slavers DOW me
>two shitty events in a row kick dangerlevels to over 9,000
>I get the model design council with a gigachad cap IV char
>he constantly rolls on the high end
>finally the light tank drops
>pic related
>"oh are you fucks all in for a surprise..."
>>
I wish this was a space game so bad. Why aren't space games popular? There are barely even any threads about space strategy games.
>>
>>597924
Would be cool to import your nation from Shadow Empire into a space themed sequel.
>>
>>597924
wrong thread. You can always play homeworld or Children of a dead earth.
>>
>>598323
I don't like Homeworld. Like really don't like it and don't understand why people do. It's ugly(color scheme wise) and boring. I have the original CD and played it in its day. I'm not at all interested in ChoDE.

There is still Sins for an RTS, but I meant like Galciv kind of space strategy. I've been looking around the board but they talk about ES2, Starsector, and letsee X4 and Stellaris. ES2 is the only turn based one. I feel like if I make a thread, it'll just die because it's not about WW2 revisionism or become a MOO/remake/spinoff thread.

>>598322
I think I'd like it more if it were just its own thing about trying to reunite the empire or playing as some aliens that decide they should take over the human worlds.
>>
>>598353
Anon
Have you ever heard of the EMPEROR OF THE FADING SUNS?
>>
>>598468
Yeah and I'm sick of hearing about it. Obsessives turned me off the idea of playing it altogether. Besides I don't want planetary combat. I have this game for that.
>>
>>598476
Wow, sorry anon, didnt know you’re this gay
>>
>>598322
That would suck. But what would be dandy is limited space faring capability, e.g. asteriod mining and orbital weapons.
>>
A few questions:
1: How would you all feel if it were possible to garrison troops onto cities so that they could not retreat nor surrender if they failed to defend, only be killed or be pinned, so that you couldn't just knock a force off a city and take the city.

2: What causes parks to be built? Heart profile? Truly random? corps? Are corps the ones that build private labs? They seem to invest into cities and sometimes build the minor industry buildings, but I'm not sure if private labs can exist without them.

>>598498
Asteroid mining is a bit beyond limited space faring capability. Would the orbital weapons be just something you controlled from the ground or would the space around a planet be another combat field with city-space stations and spaceship combat?
>>
>>598519
Asteroid mining is limited im comparison to interstellar travel and colonizing other star systems. And the orbital weapons in this context are controlled from the ground. But don't let that fool you: one can always deploy ground based defensive mechanisms. I don't think the engine Vic uses is very good at displaying 3D combat on a 2D map.
>>
Can someone share some good plane designs, (and what role do they do), please? Everything I design has either poor stats or terrible range...
>>
>>598867
depends entirely on what planet you're on. If you're on world with a thin atmosphere or too much gravity planes are going to be shit no matter what configuration you make. Check the 'help' section of your reports to find out the recommended airframe and engine type.

What advise I can give you is that planes, unlike every other model type, do not benefit from jsut picking the biggest option for everything. you need to balance their weight with their engine power with their fuel consumption.
>>
>>598911
>unlike every other model type, do not benefit from jsut picking the biggest option for everything
I was wondering about this myself. For buggies at the beginning for instance, is it best to just put the thickest armor possible and use them as ghetto tanks, speed be damned?
>>
>>598922
You could. Negative move mod from excessive weight over engine power mostly only reduces how many hexes they can move in a turn, but it does also mean if they take 50 AP to move 1 hex you're only getting 5 combat rounds out of them instead of 8 rounds if they only needed 20 AP to move.
>>
>>598943
I remember someone mentioning an ideal weight to engine power ratio, but I forgot what the calculation was
>>
>>598353
idk about original but your main fleet color in cataclysm should be changeable.
Why do you don't like chode? No like orbital mechanics?
try take a look at aurora or AI wars then.
>>
>>599152
>Why do you don't like chode? No like orbital mechanics?
I just don't care about muh realizm in space.

>idk about original but your main fleet color in cataclysm should be changeable
I don't remember if it was, but it probably was. What I didn't like was the overall orangey-ness of the game though. Like the background here. It feels like the whole game was that ugly ass color in my memory.

I wasn't asking for suggestions anyway, I just was complaining about /vst/'s lack of talking about space strategy games and the lack of notable ones in general, as well as wish there was a space game set up like this one was. It'd be fun to have some sort of goofy fleet of rocketships, saucers, space cathedrals, and not-x-wings going around and en-sphering other fleets. I guess I could have the former in Galciv games technically, with the ship designer, or just modding any game.
>>
>>599241
I remember it should be mostly dark and blue. Its orange when they are near nebula or star or hiigara. They seems to abuse orange more in HW2. Orange is ~ 1/3 of the missions' color in cataclysm, later half in HW1 and about 1/3 in HW2. and more or less the orange maps have dark patches, but some are full orange.
>>
File: 1603159361079.png (140 KB, 783x491)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>599098
Page 328
>>
>>599392
thanks anon
>>
>>598911
>If you're on world with a thin atmosphere or too much gravity planes are going to be shit no matter what configuration you make
That must be it, I'm in a 0.34g planet with a thin atmosphere.

That sucks, I'm playing in a toaster I've made with spare parts and it can't handle bigger planets.

I'm already able to watch complete scenes of ds9 while the turn is processed.
>>
>>600213
try developing rocket engines, might get some usable range. Lightweight alloys should help too.
>>
File: SE_update10903b.png (36 KB, 1225x326)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
thread quiet on update
>>
>>600468
just a housekeeping update
>>
>>600213
On thin atmos ~0.3g planets you can get 20 range out of light aircraft with light jet engines if you have some engine efficiency researched.
>>
>>600468
>Added pagination
He keeps doing this when all he needs is a scrollbar. When is he going to learn about scrollbars and window resizing? And add a save hotkey,
>>
Been playing for ~8 hours after having read through the manual, think I got the basics down, but the biggest problem I'm running into is where to find my different point inputs/outputs. For example, where do I find my PP income? BP for each council? QoL points for each zone? The reports seem to only give vague ideas of what's going where.
>>
>>604948
>where do I find my PP income? BP for each council?
reports tab, empire overview

>QoL points for each zone?
go to the city tab in the bottom UI panel, click on the zone civilization level box (top right button in the 3x3 grid). All of them show you different specific information relating to the zone, so take a look.
>>
>>604977
Thanks for that, just figured out which units need what under the oil barrel tab, didn't think to check out the subtabs for cities too
>>
>>570572
How are you supposed to relieve bottlenecks, then? Build side roads that lessen the LP distance?
>>
>>606329
increase the volume
>>
>>606329
To relieve bottlenecks you inject more logistics points by building a station one tile away from the road and using traffic signs to make one-way flow from the station to the road (to avoid the refocusing penalty).
>>
>>606672
or upgrade your central logistics hub since it was changed that upgrading existing stations is now more efficient than building new ones
>>
>>606345
>>606672
>>606678
Alright I'll try that out, thank you. Are rail stations/rail heads a good way to try and increase logistical input? Or are train points and truck points two different pools?
>>
>>607066
train stations produce the same kind of logistics points as truck station and they're are really good for moving items between cities, but not so good at supplying a moving front line. A rail line has to end in either another rail station or a rail head.
>>
>>607066
They're the same functionally, but truck points and train points are two different "pools" in the sense that they are two different types of points that traverse their own type of circuit. Each station is it's own pool really, and it's better to remember that they are a bunch of seperate pools flowing into the same river.
>>
Now that the s&s editor is out anyone working on a mod?
I was thinking about events that give modifiers, e.g. if you have >X number of troops and >30% are of one type you can get an event (story, I guess he calls them?) that lets you get a moderate bonus to that troop type at the expense of another. Say you have 30% by manpower in armor, you could get a morale bonus for them in exchange for a morale penalty for infantry.
>>
Is navy a thing yet?
>>
anyone knows if
the trojan in the pirated version of update 1.08 is a false positive?
>>
>>609816
reported to Vic, enjoy the pokey
>>
>>609813
No and what would it even do?
>>
>>609824
facilitate amphibious landings?
allow coastal bombardment?
let us have planets that are more than 30% water?
>>
>>609813
Not yet, Vic is still working on it.

>>609824
Vic has already talked about it, it's the next big thing he'll implement.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.45 MB, 1783x783)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
>>609833
>let us have planets that are more than 30% water?
This planet is more than 30% water. The ocean isn't anywhere usable. Planets of this type can probably be like 50% water, but you'd need more than that to have a real ocean like this nearly 80% water Earth. Maybe if ships could move up and down rivers/channels.

>facilitate amphibious landings?
Just air drop them.

>allow coastal bombardment?
Just air bomb them.

>>609834
>Vic has already talked about it
What does it do that's so special? Will it be useful outside of one specific type of planet?
>>
>>609841
Navy will be a module like air forces; optional, which will give another layer of complexity on top. It doesn't need to be useful in every planet, and he has already said that he will add another type of planet that is mostly sea just for this expansion.

From what he has said, he is thinking of dividing the sea into zones and assigning naval units to missions in them. Presumably you'll be able to bombard tiles, have mobile airbases for your airforces and allow you to perform naval invasions.
>>
I just don't see navies being useful/worth the time. All planets are one giant landmass or just don't have water, navies wouldn't actually be protecting or threatening anything besides maybe a naval landing. we also have aircraft that can travel dozens if not 30+ hexes in a single turn, meaning a wing from hafway across the world can destroy a navy with near impunity
>>
>>609857
>I just don't see navies being useful/worth the time.
Navies don't have to be useful all of the time, just like aircraft aren't useful if the planet's atmospheric conditions aren't right.
>All planets are one giant landmass or just don't have water, navies wouldn't actually be protecting or threatening anything besides maybe a naval landing.
He has already said he will make a "mostly water" planet that has a minimum of 60% water. The current map generation purposely sidelines water because right now water is just a dead zone and cannot be interacted with.
> we also have aircraft that can travel dozens if not 30+ hexes in a single turn,
What if the tiles from landmass to landmass are more than 33 tiles? (the absolute max)
>meaning a wing from hafway across the world can destroy a navy with near impunity
Why do you think navies will be useless against aircraft and that they won't have defenses? They could also field their own aircraft forces, but that's just me speculating since Vic hasn't shared much about what he plans to do.
>>
File: navallandings.jpg (204 KB, 1175x504)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>609841
>>609857
This is the first hydra world I played on. The entire world is nearly bisected by two oceans, with just a single 1 hex land bridge connected them, at the red circle. There's also a second ocean to the west that extends from the south pole almost to the north. These obviously present massive chokepoints that navies could circumvent.

I started in Boston, with my primary enemy major starting in Nassau. Without amphibious landings I've had to slog my way across the land bridge and up through half the planet to get close to their capital. If navies were a thing I could have settled a new zone to the north and done landings right next to their core cities and taken them quickly, knocking out their industrial capacity much earlier in the war. Taking Nassau would also allow me to conduct landings across the sea there and seize two more cities from another hostile major and put me deep into their core territory. Transporting logistics by sea is generally a hell of a lot more efficient, safer, and allowing of greater volume of supply than air bridges, and naval transportation would allow me to move armoured units rather than relying on infantry alone.
>>
>>609880
>Transporting logistics by sea is generally a hell of a lot more efficient, safer, and allowing of greater volume of supply than air bridges, and naval transportation would allow me to move armoured units
Announced or headcanon?

>Without amphibious landings I've had to slog my way across the land bridge and up through half the planet
Why didn't you just go west? The map does circle around.
>>
>>609925
>Announced or headcanon?
logically. A container ship can carry a hell of a lot more material than a transport plane.

>Why didn't you just go west?
Because at the start of the campaign I had friendly regimes to my west and hostile ones to my east. Every time I'd take out a raider or slaver minor to my east two new ones would declare war on me, so my natural expansion just went east rather than west. Leadmountain, Ortshelf, Chartfort, Adamsshelf, Fulda, Carenare, and York were all held by minors while Hailmount, Kupersthaw, Edelweiss, Gapmount, Winneshanz, and Robbespierre were held by the Nassau Major.
>>
>>609857
Don't forget the most important thing, there are aquatic lifeforms but not aerial ones. Good luck landing anything when your transport ships encounter a pod of 800 laser shooting whales that make you go insane if you fail to hit them. There better be submarines/submersible enemies taken into account.
>>
>>609932
>I had friendly regimes to my west
Why didn't you unite them and get free territory?

>logically.
Can it do it faster though? Would the time it takes ships to go back and forth provide more logistic transport over 2 months than a bunch of supersonic planes? Does this take into account having to avoid sea monsters in your shipping lanes, as well as other boats and aircraft and maybe mines if those get implemented, while aircraft has to only avoid other aircraft and anti-air?
>>
>>609953
>Why didn't you unite them and get free territory?
they were majors.

>Can it do it faster though?
During the height of the berlin airlift the US and UK were able to transport an average of 5000 tons of supplies a day into berlin using 40% of the all of the USA's transport planes and flying more than 1500 sorties. Compare this to the logistical support of the d-day landings in which 117,000 tons of supplies and equipment was landed within just 5 days using makeshift harbours. In 1944 the lend-lease program delivered over 6 million tons of supplies and equipment to the soviet union alone by sea, with almost no losses. That's over 1 million tons every 2 months.

> Would the time it takes ships to go back and forth provide more logistic transport over 2 months than a bunch of supersonic planes?
The amount of logistics air bridges can provide is limited by A) the transport capacity of the aircraft and B) the number of aircraft participating. Speed has no influence in how many logistics points an aircraft can provide to an air bridge. As ships can carry orders of magnitude more supplies than aircraft and they both can only conduct one air bridge mission every 2 months I think ships will beat out planes.

>Does this take into account having to avoid sea monsters in your shipping lanes, as well as other boats and aircraft and maybe mines if those get implemented, while aircraft has to only avoid other aircraft and anti-air?
Why would anyone conduct amphibious landing operations before securing the sea lanes?
>>
>>609998
>As ships can carry orders of magnitude more supplies than aircraft and they both can only conduct one air bridge mission every 2 months
That's the problem with your thinking. Why do you assume they only only go back and forth once in that time and that consideration wouldn't be included in the amount of logistics they provide?

>Why would anyone conduct amphibious landing operations before securing the sea lanes?
Why would you bother when you can just use planes and avoid all that?
>>
>>609998
>During the height of the berlin airlift the US and UK were able to transport an average of 5000 tons of supplies a day into berlin using 40% of the all of the USA's transport planes and flying more than 1500 sorties
what a bunch of madmen
>>
>>610006
>That's the problem with your thinking. Why do you assume they only only go back and forth once in that time and that consideration wouldn't be included in the amount of logistics they provide?
Because that's literally how it works. Each sub-unit of aircraft has a carry value, and the total logistics points transported is simply the total carry value of all sub-units participating. I have a squadron of 30 medium bombers (3 sub-units) with a carry value of 33. When I set up an airbridge they delivered a maximum of 99 logistics points. 33x3=99. Speed has no influence.
>>
>>610029
>Each sub-unit of aircraft has a carry value
Which is assigned based on the amount they can carry back and forth over 2 months. Why do you think it was designed on the assumption it was moving it's maximum distance once in 2 months and not multiple times in 2 months? You're misunderstanding and thinking it would changed based on the value given for the aircraft's speed. I'm saying that they can traverse their 33 hexes or whatever multiple times in that span "logically" as you put it, instead of it just being one trip. You're doing that "thing I like amazing, thing I don't like bad" kind of thing where you believe boats should have a ton more logistics points just because, and thus reject the idea that plane logistics transfer might be similar just due to them being "logically" much faster and thus hypothetically assigned equal or more logistic points.
>>
Can unit feats that give attack/defense activate on units that normally have no attack/defense and allow them to attack/defend?
>>
>>610066
>Which is assigned based on the amount they can carry back and forth over 2 months.
no, it's assigned based on their cargo capacity, which is based on their bomb load and/or cargo load. A 5000kg cargo bay provides 50 carry capacity as 100kg is equal to 1 logistical 'weight', or 1 logistics point.

>Why do you think it was designed on the assumption it was moving it's maximum distance once in 2 months and not multiple times in 2 months?
If the air bridge target is 1 hex away or 33 hexes it still only delivers as many logistics points as the total carry capacity of the sub-units participating. If the system represented or took into account an aircrafts ability to quickly cover the distance and make multiple trips, then distance would play a part? If you establish an air bridge to a point that is only 600km away and use an aircraft that cruises at 300km/h, that aircraft could travel back and forth more times, and thus deliver more supplies, than the same aircraft needing to travel to an air bridge target 8000km away, in any given 2 month period.

Let's say it takes a half hour to accelerate from take off speed to cruise speed and reach cruising altitude and, similarly, a half hour to land. Let's also assume this hypothetical aircraft is relatively small and it takes only an hour to load and offload the supplies it's carrying. That's 8 Hours for a round trip if the air bridge is 600km away. Assuming a rotating aircrew and its some magical aircraft that never needs maintenance this aircraft could make 180 sorties in a 2 month period. If this same aircraft instead had to fly 8000km then it would take 57 hours and 20 minutes for a full trip, or only 25 sorties. The former scenario can clearly deliver more supplies than the latter so it should transfer more logistics points. Yet this isn't the case. The system implemented in the game does not take into account multiple sorties.
>>
>>610066
>You're doing that "thing I like amazing, thing I don't like bad" kind of thing where you believe boats should have a ton more logistics points just because
Not "just becuase". Ships can be bigger than aircraft, and are more efficient at carrying loads than aircraft are even if they are of similar size. It's as simple as that. They are larger, they can carry more, and more efficiently. The Globemaster III is a 53 meter long aircraft capable of carrying a single M1 abrhams. The LCU 2000 class landing craft is also 53 meters long yet it can carry 5 M1 abrhams, or 8x the cargo load otherwise. The New Panamax container ships can carry 120,000 tons of cargo. Ships have greater transport potential than aircraft have or could ever have.
>>
>>610124
we all know that, but airlifts are fast.
>>
>>610146
Turns are around 2 months long so mechanically it doesn't matter.
>>
Does anyone ever use lower corp control cards? I've had the corp shoot up dissidents but I've never wanted to lower its control. Can something bad happen if it gains a lot of control? It seems like it's generally on your side and I've only had it being aggressive in its demands in one game, which amounted to nothing. It seems like it's limited by your commercialism anyway. It's the same for the crime syndicate, it seems like it can only flourish if you have low enforcement to begin with, in which case you'd probably be on its side.

For that matter, has anyone ever extinguished a cult? Does making them persecuted raise their appeal?
>>
>>610868
High corporate control in a zone can negatively influence a populations happiness but not enough to really "matter" in the grand scheme of things at least IMO. Same for cults, certain sects will negatively impact a pops happiness and in that case it may be an idea to purge them depending. For example if you conquer a militarist city as a democracy your pops won't like the Apocrypha or whatever it is being present, and militarist civs don't like the Anima cult etc.
>>
>>610868
I outlaw the shadow sect since their rituals cause happiness penalties while their benefit is just increased cultural adaptation growth. It ends up causing unrest but nothing that won't sort itself when the cult eventually disappears entirely.
>>
Speaking of cults, is Anima not supposed to have a description? I could never tell if it was a glitch or "lel it's a secret"
>>
File: Untitled.png (113 KB, 574x136)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
That's a first for me
>>
anime cult
>>
>>610124
That assumes all the economical limitations and doctrines of real world. There's no reason why you couldn't build a fleet of giga transports capable of airlifting a whole armored division on one trip if really really needed to. It would cost a shitton more than a equivalent fleet of ships but hey, nobody's judging. Maybe seas are absolutely crawling with enemy subs and your ASW assets are shit.

Point is, things don't need to adhere to how we actually do stuff.
>>
>>597221
tfw what was supposed to be a lightning war where my all-mechanized army was gonna do fancy maneuvers instead devolves into trench warfare with indecisive tank battles on the side

Doesn't help that I had to pull out a light armor and mechanized mg brigade, redeploying them westwards to deal with the other Threat™
>>
File: Untitled.png (345 KB, 1384x245)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
Once again my supposed victory machine is blessed with shitty rolls. At least it has potential this time. However they're bottlenecked by a sudden lack of power as I've begun slightly exceeding my power generation every turn. Not a problem for moving, but maybe a problem for firing for the next few turns. I also wish I had the option to artisan manufacture high tech because about 80% of my cities are shitty ones captured from enemies over the span of the last 20 turns or so and they all hate me and I can't even run the things they have in them, let alone build more high tech industry. Also running out of both population and spare troops, so I need to decide if increasing recruitment is worth it as my main cities will have less than the needed workers as well if I take too many. I can probably spare 10k or so though.
>>
>>614810
Looks cool, anon. It seemed like you had the upper hand at the beginning of the webm, why did the war stall? And who is the other threat?
>>
>>615035
The war stalled because my opponent has laser rifles over me (I'm still using auto rifles), rendering my infantry unable to attack despite being all-mechanized. I was unable to make any significant tactical victories and the only reason he fell back is because my ally (the yellow dude) was threatening the supply line of his army from the north. Now that the enemy has retreated and the front has shortened, he's now able to concentrate his defenses and repulse every single one of my attacks. Incidentally he cannot attack either, so we're mostly holding the line while making probes with armored units. Two new armored brigades are moving in though - I hope they'll be enough to make the difference.

The Threat is another player regime that's suddenly ahead on me in technology and is currently trying to research atomic missiles. He's to the west of me, and is allied with the red guy in the webm. He also is eating up another player regime whom he backstabbed.
>>
>>581736
>>581725
Kill yourself
>>
Ugh, I keep crashing lately. I don't want to update the game until I finished this session because there are so many changes that will happen without a new save but I guess I have no choice.
>>
>>617525
How do updates work with games that are already in progress, anyway? Are there any stability issues?
>>
>>618008
They fix stability issues. You can look here https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4824133
Things marked with * won't take effect unless you tart a new game, while the other stuff will probably apply to your current game.

I haven't had a problem with it causing a game to work worse or become unstable after updating but it's not impossible for something to be introduced. e.g. some of those notes mention turn times being slowed down unintentionally.
>>
>>618008
Some changes are retroactive and effect all saves, some changes only come into play with new saves. So far there hasn't been any update that actually breaks old saves and makes them unplayable.
>>
>>617515
congrats man, it only took you 23 days to respond. Are you sure you are not a paradox game?
>>
I wish there was a stat that showed how many of my own people I've killed. It probably ends up being equal to enemies I've killed.
>>
My Shadow Empire 3 Player vs Multiplayer AAR:
>Join MP discord and open new game - 2 players interested
>One player tells me they're a girl, other is just a chill guy. They're open to any planet type
>Roll up planet, Desert/volcanic world - I spawn completely alone on the ass end of the planet while they are neighbors. Because I'm an MP noob I started us on tech 3 so will take forever to get close.
>The girl aggressively cockblocks the other guys expansion, but we all capture 1-2 minor towns
>In the chat the "girl" casually mentions they are a drug addicted trans, and launches into political diatribes at any invitation (including me just mentioning I am into crypto)
>The other guy "gets busy" and we go 1 week without a turn, finally do a turn, then 2 weeks of waiting
>Things briefly pick up again and they both talk about allying against me, then turn on each other. Within literally 2 turns of war the tranny has been 41 percented and rage quits their empire to AI control
>Now just two players, the other guy still takes days just to play his turn even after responding to my post so I know he’s seen it. I eventually lie I’m going on travel and can’t play anymore – ending the game with my only battles having been curbstomping AI mutants in a vast empty desert
I guess I’ll stick to singleplayer, hopefully this serves as a warning to some of you naive noobies interested in MP
>>
>>620559
Honestly yeah, that "girl" and the "social democracy" retard kid are extremely fucking annoying, but you can just ignore them. You picked the absolute worst game to join out of the bunch.

Take a look at the rest of the games and you'll see there's no drama there.
>>
this was the one thread where I thought I would never hear mention of discord or trannies
>>
>>620652
Unfortunately it's true. I've been in that discord for over a year now and it's been very fine, for the most part people only talked about the game, its balance, questions on how things work etc while organizing games and sticking to them. A couple of months ago this "girl" joined it and started shitting it up with politics and other stuff, like they do. Thankfully most people either ignore the foul creature or don't feed it attention; the ones that do I believe are old people who fell for the "I'm a girl" trap and don't really realize its true nature. For extra hilarity, apparently it has been made a reddit mod for the game. I didn't even know there was a subreddit for the game.

If you are in that discord you definitely know who I'm talking about. Make sure to not feed it attention and stick to your games and game discussion. Eventually they will go away, like some of the retards we've had in the past.

t. autist
>>
>>620666
a reddit mod? what does it change?
>>
>>620684
You don't think it's funny that a tranny has been promoted to mod in a subreddit?
>>
Are transsexuals really that commonplace online in discords and in relation to games/anime?
Are they always male-to-female? Never a female-to-male causing a stir?
>>
>>620559
>girl
>strategy game
mfw real life have foreshadow. I mainly use that server for game related questions or discussion.
>>620666
I actually don't know who, have been out of the loop playing starsector these days.
>>
>>620743
Speaking from experience, yes, trannys are extremely common on discords for autistic games (Dominions comes to mind). There seems to be a direct causal relationship between autism and transgenderism when you consider that trannys have ten times higher rates of autism than the rest of the population. That's partly why MtF transexuals are so much more common than FtM in general, as autism in women is exceptionally rare.
>>
>>620748
nevermind, I found it.
>>
>>620771
>as autism in women is exceptionally rare.
So do non autistic girls just not use the internet or what?
>>
>>620790
They use it to post pictures of themselves
>>
>>620666
I despise trannies but the person you are talking about is pretty chill and I've had lots of fun playing mp lobbies with him
>>
>>620559
so go ahead and start a new game, with different players? only if you want of course, bu SE in single player is pretty underwhelming
>>
>>620687
Oh lol sorry I thought you were an ESL saying that there is a mod that reddit made for Shadow Empire, like a gameplay mod. My mistake, and unfortunately it's so unsurprising that the tranny is a reddit mod that it's barely even funny, just tiresome.
>>
>>620652
Unfortunately despite being somewhat grognard game, it still attracts zoomers who need their tribalism* and culture war.

*yes I'm aware of the irony
>>
>>620885
there are zoomers who play SE? they aren't all completely put off by the graphics?
>>
>>620666
Based, good advice. I not really a discord guy and didn't research server/people. I just thought it was funny that the "discord tranny" meme was so on point.

>>620748
Funny enough when he initially said "I'm a gurl btw" my naive response was "Oh that's surprising, usually only guys like strat games"

>>620864
I may someday, but this was my first PBEM game and I found the long waits between turns *eventually* did get to me, especially when a player got busy and we went days/weeks without turns. Game AI stinks but at least I can play at my leisure.
>>
>>620885
You will never be a woman
>>
>>620931
>I may someday, but this was my first PBEM game and I found the long waits between turns *eventually* did get to me, especially when a player got busy and we went days/weeks without turns.
If you want to go back to MP eventually, I recommend starting/joining 3 or 4 games. I myself am in 5 games, which means I have at least one or two turns to do per day.
>>
>>620915
Zoomers are into retro games with retro graphics nowadays.
>>
>>620931
At times like this I think what actual good-looking socially well adjusted trannies think about ugly nerdy autistic guy trannies with ugly nerdy autistic guy hobbies. There's like two completely different species of mtf trannies.
>>
>>621205
Just because you airbrush in photoshop doesn't mean you pass, anon.
>>
File: muh.png (52 KB, 532x512)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>621080
Good work around, I thought about that but it would get super overwhelming to me if I finished work/got kid in bed and have potentially 5 complex turns (with completely different game-states) that I need to finish before bed. It's basically a 2nd job at that point.

Not the game's fault, I think I just have to wait until I'm retired to get into PBEM games, or maybe get a really dedicated IRL friend or two to play with.
>>
>>620931
>days/weeks without turns
Those games are dead; and unexplained long waiting times mean that those opponents are pretty unreliable as the general expectation is just 1 turn per day. You should start a PBEM with some new players.

If it helps, I'm in a game with the "girl." As one of the most experienced SE players I know of I'll try to kick its teeth in despite not going for the meta regime profile combo of Democracy-Government-Mind.
>>
Do robot soldiers raise CAS? Like if I send 10000 of them to die, will everyone freak or will it not count as real deaths?
>>
>>621205
look up ray blanchard and homosexual transsexuals vs autogynephiliac transsexuals
>>
File: Untitled.png (100 KB, 183x266)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
lolwut?
>>
>>621967
you WILL smoke satans broccoli and you will enjoy it
>>
So apparently a pothead is actually a jarhead.
>>
>>621967
DUDE
>>
>>621996
is that vic's ESL coming through? I can see how some one can confuse a pot and a jar.
>>
>>621996
can a girl have jarhead in the first place?
>>
>>600468
so you can scrap militia now?
>>
>>621205
they are should get a rope or one way ticket to Thailand so they fuck off
>>
>>620743
>that commonplace online in discords
they are over presented(almost like politicians in hell), I was frequenting(for very short period) like 3 big and few niche discords and there is always some(sooner or later), fags, trannies, furries, other degenerates
desu before i visited discords I was sure that it was just 4chan meme but damn- I was wrong
>>
>>622040
You could do that a few patches back
>>
Putting all my shitty leaders as commanders of robot infantry squads!
>>
Have you been a good boy and filled in Vic's survey for what he should focus on next in the game, anon-kuns?
>>
Man until I played this game I didn't really know exactly how fuckhuge planets are without oceans.
>>
>>623193
a new one or the one that's months old?
>>
>>623340
https://twitter.com/VRdesigns/status/1400057796780085248?s=09
>>
>>623310
Just think about how much of the planet Earth's land is desert or jungle or mountainous. People live on like 10% of the total planet size probably, probably less accounting for regional density. I'll remember this game when I go make some totally industry covered world in a space conquering strategy game someday.
>>
>>623193
I did.
I certainly hope nobody chose “MAKE LOGISTICS EASIER” option , but I know how retarded people are so probably they did
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 767x1025)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>623193
>>623343
Eh, it's pointless. I'm going to be disregarded as some zoomer for not playing these specific games. (Simcity 1 and 2k are the only ones I've played as well). If only it said Age of Wonders (any). I'm not interested in Planetfall. (which is weird since I otherwise play almost exclusively sci-fi games)
>>
>>623445
...you do know there are more pages to that survey, right?
>>
>>623193
I did. As a personal suggestion at the end I suggested that he added guarantees to leader quality (especially ones from the Recruit Military stratagem) by letting, for example, a regimes average Security QoL influence leader rolls, since the game does not simulate quality assurance across a military aside from the Fist profile, and leaders are the real determining factor in resolving combat between two regimes that have tech-parity. Allowing the player to convert metal, IP, power and maybe BP into good leaders will improve the game by removing unfair RNG elements.
>>
>>623449
I was saying it's pointless because the rest of my answers, the ones on other pages included, won't be read since it looks like I don't play anything.
>>
>>623452
>improve the game
>by removing RNG elements.
gross
>>
>>623495
>having horrible reading comprehension and/or stating an opinion on game balance despite being a noobshit

You can already convert BP into good leaders using the Cabinet Retreat stratagem through the Interior Council if you have the Democracy profile. This is partly what makes Democracy way better than Meritocracy or Autocracy, since even Cap II leaders can get quite good on their jobs due to extra xp and the guaranteed 100 relation score. Letting zone QoL have more impact the sort of human resources you get would mean that your hospitals, universities and barracks would have a more meaningful effect on the game than just sitting pretty for the next zone disaster event. Adding interactivity between game systems like this unironically makes the game better.
>>
>>623452
i gonna sent shadow assassins after you
>>
>>623492
Knowing Vic, that's not true at all.
>>
>>623445
Correct. Your opinion is worthless. Probably asked for dumbing down of all systems but better graphics.
>>
>>623343
Thanks for posting, I'll vote now

>>623434
I will be voting to make logistics simpler. There is no justification for the level of bloat logistics currently creates my mid to late game :-)
>>
>>623498
Those three already have a meaningful effect, influencing birth rate, research, and overall safety of the zone (which is not just random events, but cult members and gang members killing people)

Just put a cortical simulator on your shitty leaders. If you have democracy, you can just keep recruiting leaders anyway. Since you seemed focused on military, just have the shitty ones fight more battles. Military leaders already get a ton more EXP than any other leaders just from all the combat they see. You can also just get a good military advisor and attach them to your shit leaders.
>>
>>623628
>I will be voting to make logistics simpler. There is no justification for the level of bloat logistics currently creates my mid to late game :-)

Fuck you.
>>
>>623193
Yep, asked for better logistics UI or more tools to deal with it.
>>
>>623498
>You can already convert BP into good leaders using the Cabinet Retreat stratagem

Completely useless if you're unlucky and the rng keeps rolling skill cap I or II leaders, which happens a lot. Also what if I just don't want to go Democracy.
The leaders management mechanics are by far the worst part of the game, they have a huge impact, but there are very few way of dealing with them.
>>
>>623673
Maybe leaders should be limited to III. II is already the base, and if you consider that shit, it's pointless to have 5 levels. Just make them I, II and III
>>
>>623673
>Completely useless if you're unlucky and the rng keeps rolling skill cap I or II leaders, which happens a lot. Also what if I just don't want to go Democracy.
>The leaders management mechanics are by far the worst part of the game, they have a huge impact, but there are very few way of dealing with them.

Yeah, leader management its so bad that I never consider any other profile besides Democracy and usually pick interior council as my second or third pick, and even then its just a chore.

It's micro+rng the worst combination in game design.
>>
>>623630
I'm focused on the military aspect of the game because despite its 4X trappings, it's a wargame through and through given the lack of victory conditions other than conquest. Your advice is sound in singleplayer but a lot of it falls apart in multiplayer between two experienced players who have taken the mass mobilization and hyper efficient economy/logistics pill. With all other variables being equal, the guy with the Cap IV SHQ leader with 120 high command score and a couple of Cap III - V's commanding armored brigades always wins over the poor sob who was more unlucky with his HR rolls and has only Cap I's and II's.

Leaders are so important that they're the basis by which you must judge your military and it's honestly terrible how little control you have over the RNG that produces them, which is why I suggest we should have more control by having average zone QoL affect it.

>>623673
Yeah, my point with the Cabinet Retreat thing is that there's a precedence for converting BP into leader quality, and we could use more of something like that to have more control over the RNG handling leader generation.
>>
>>623719
>II is already the base
I feel like I get more level I's than all the others combined, but to be fair in most campaigns I just give up the leader management mid game, it's a constant drain in pp and money just to be at the mercy of rng, and other than in model development you can just expand and get more brute bps and troops.
>>
>>623719
>Just make them I, II and III
Actually really like that idea, you could even replace the numeral title with Low, Medium, High or Incompetent, Competent, Highly Competent. Takes a layer of abstraction away and would make the variation between leaders feel more realistic.
>>
>>623836
"Balanced for multiplayer" is the worst meme in all of strategy gaming and the reason fun is sucked out of the genre. Besides that, if you're so skilled, you should be able to make do with a disadvantage.
>>
>>623343
>used the "time of full blown calm" pic
based Vic
>>
>>623193
>>623343
>Did you play the following games? And how would you rate them?
>Stardew Valley
Vic, what's going on big guy?
>>
>>623836
>advice is sound in singleplayer
Only thing that matters
>>
I think I can handle the autism in this game but I need to know how it would run on a potato, also I am guessing number of factions affects performance?
>>
>>624535
performance? no, turn time, yes. Shadow empire isn't resource intensive, it can just take a long time to process AI turns if there's a lot of them or they are very big.
>>
>>623962
>>624008
Absolutely not anons. The thrill of fighting another player with a massive army and different style of warfare is unmatched. In my opinion, multiplayer is the way SE is meant to be enjoyed. Unless you're only casually playing it to relax by bullying the AI.

Besides, snowballing is what makes empire management fun. You can already do it with metal and IP, so why not leaders too? We should be able to invest resources into mass producing Rommels and Guderians.

>>623979
>inb4 Vic is planning a massive agricultural update including seasonal planting and different crop types
>>
>>624617
>The thrill of fighting another player
Ah, yes, the thrill of waiting a week to do what you could do in a few minutes alone. Given you're an RNG-is-bad type, I doubt the games you play in are any interesting.
>>
>>624682
What a disgusting, casual response, with barely any comprehension of my argument, probably because you have no experience of the game with its systems pushed to the limit anyway, or of experience with other wargames in general. I bet you voted to make logistics easier in Vic's survey too.

Shadow Empire is a wargame, and AI in wargames are always just stepping stones to learn them before testing your mettle against human opponents. You want an exciting 4X gsg experience with meaningful empire management? SE doesn't provide that since everything you do leads back to war anyway. Play Field of Glory: Empires or something - that game is actually fun to play in singleplayer, allows for roleplaying, and actually simulates the rise and fall of civilizations. SE doesn't provide any of that. Its gameplay loop is more of a slowed-down RTS than anything. Since, like I said, the only real thing you can do in it is fight. You cannot win cultural or scientific victories and the only thing you can snowball is your war machine and its world conquest.

Do you see? At the end of all its confused game design, SE as it is, is actually a very simplistic game. Planets are just gigantic battle arenas for the war machines of players who invariably go for Democracy-Government-Mind. The only meaningful differences between them is whether or not tanks are more or less effective. Pretending that SE is otherwise speaks of dishonesty or just plain inexperience.
>>
>>624689
>You cannot win cultural or scientific victories and the only thing you can snowball is your war machine and its world conquest.
give nthe right conditions you can diplomatically annex all of your neighbouring minors and sign victory pacts with the other majors. It's theoretically possible to win without engaging in any wars against other regimes.
>>
>>624617
>inb4 Vic is planning a massive agricultural update including seasonal planting and different crop types
no, Vic is adding waifu story modules anon
>>
>>625641
>That's right, I've decided to show my true colors and make you a bento box lunch for you to enjoy while genociding mutants out in the field, senpai
>>
>>623434
Easier is a poor choice of words, it isn't hard or complicated. It's just unintuitive as fuck.
>>
I want to play MP but I fear I will run into autists far worse than those playing Dominions 5.

Those guys are literal 250+ IQ brain in a tank filled with mentats
>>
>>624689
>very simplistic game
And thats how i know you never accomplished shit in this game.
>>
>>623434
I said it was fine but lines should end immediately after running out of AP instead of dropping off.
>>
>>625936
Nah bruv, you're just a noobshit. Actually worse - you're a poser. The quicker you get over the novelty of the game' more innovative subsystems, the quicker you'll be able to grasp the game's overall design for what it is - only then will your opinions be worth shit.

>>625932
You could always host a game catered towards inexperienced players. Usually hardcore autists like those are uninterested in seal clubbing and only want to play against other autists.
>>
File: wqz.png (54 KB, 407x607)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>564245
I have not layed the game, I am strongly debating whether to get it on summer sale or not. I have ever really played proper grand hex&chit kind of strategy game, but I'm a huge fan of SMAC, for instance,but I am still not completely sure. How would you adress criticism in picrel?
>>
>>626779
SE is not a true 4X, but rather an operational wargame that has 4X and procgen elements bolted on to it. That isn't to say that these elements are ignorable (actually, they impact the way you play quite a lot), but if you want to win in a way that doesn't involve blitzing opponents with tanks and aircraft, the game will not satisfy you in the same way SMAC can.

The game can indeed generate a very picturesque planet and an entire evolutionary history for its native life - but only for the sole purpose of determining whether or not tanks are more or less useful on it. It will not really affect empire building much since all the subsystems that aren't related to the military are underdeveloped, and planetary hazards are resolved the same way each game anyway. There aren't even victory conditions that don't involve physically taking over the world.

So yeah, despite having the trappings of a 4X and being turn-based, its gameplay loop is more of a slowed down RTS than anything, since the only thing that will progress you towards winning is conquest. In multiplayer, the better general with the more optimized army, more efficient logistics network, and luckier rolls wins. I'd say pirate first before buying.
>>
>the tranny is now a discord mod

Oh for fuck's sake. I know Saros booted a guy months ago for insulting women or something but this is just plain dogshit.
>>
>>626779
>How would you adress criticism in picrel?
Sounds like the problem lies with them and them alone. They do not find hex based wargame combat entertaining. I'm really not sure what they were expectiing, either. There's not enough information other than "I didn't like it because I found it boring."

Also literally every game with combat comes down to "attack or don't attack" in the end, what a useless argument. same for "doing the thing that works until you win". As opposed to doing what doesn't work?
>>
>>626779
The review is cringe inducing with all the yawning. AI has always respected alliances from what I've seen, if anything diplomacy is the easiest path to victory. Regarding attack/don't attackAgree with >>626911

I'm similar to you in that I haven't played wargames before, but I would recommend picking up Shadow Empire on sale if interested. You just need to be aware that it's a clunky game but it's also a totally unique evolution in strategy games - so go in expecting an uneven but cool learning experience. Also skip the long tutorials and just watch The Edmon quickstart tutorial.

>>626840
Time to start a new server, happy I quit multi
>>
>>626911
>>627015
I think the guy in the review expected something like Endless Legend or Age of Wonders where where you actually do your battles on a tactical field, or at least getting to see them fight or choosing formations for them to attack in or some sort of agency other than them crashing into each other.

>>626801
This game is about territory taking not defeating enemies like an RTS. You can't win an RTS by capturing area, but you can only win this game by doing so. Defeating your enemies doesn't mean you've won.

>>626779
This game IS boring most of the time, but it is also fun. But most strategy games are boring most of the time. There's a lot of reading reports, which you can mostly ignore if you don't care. There's a lot of stuff going on in the background, but you also don't have to care if X cult is killing Y cult members and you lost 1000 security guards and 500 citizens in the process and should probably increase security or start purging X cult members, or that the megacorporation you support has been taken over by the crime ring you did nothing about and also the mayor is stealing 100s of credits from citizens every turn and everyone is upset, because all that stuff is hidden in reports and inspecting the cities and you might not even ever think to do it. Basically it's a fairly "deep" simulation that you don't really interact with unless you're invested in it. If you are, you might have fun messing around with the private/public economy aspects.
There's also the logistics aspect which you will either find fun or hate immensely. It affects the AI enough that you can cut it off from its supplies instead of fighting it directly and attack its production structures, though the AI gets cheats in the building of roads and the range of its supply.

A large part of the game comes from if you like the mood of it too. It'll trigger memories of Dune or Fallout or Mad Max or Warhammer 40k, or whatever franchise you like that has similar feelings.
>>
>>627471
>I think the guy in the review expected something like Endless Legend or Age of Wonders where where you actually do your battles on a tactical field
The fact Vic decided not to include zoomed in tactical battles, despite throwing in possibly every other game mechanic and genre even tangentially related to strategy into SE, speaks volumes about the desirability of separate tactical battles in 4X games
>>
>>627522
For what it's worth, I like it in Galciv 2. The battles are just decided by rolling and numbers just like here, but you get to see the ships zooming about and going pew pew. I usually just skip animations in games and even just autobattle in something like Sword of the Stars eventually though. It gets tiring swapping between fields all the time. I wish there was something like old X-com on a strategic scale.
>>
>>627522
I think the best way to go about it is something along the lines of how Dominions does it. Just... less ugly, I suppose.
>>
>>614810
Finally moving the front line again after the 5-turn stalemate near the river hugging the small town of Atenia. Only took laser rifles and two more armored brigades of 100mm polymer armored assault guns attacking in successive waves to finally do it.
>>
>>584324
The autistic devs are so afraid you might cheat in a singleplayer game that they really don't want you to even attempt to mod anything in any way. Got to respect their "vision"
>>
>>628532
The Western Front has also opened, and what was once an 8-player game (made possibly by an .exe hack or something) has been reduced to 4 players:

-The United Defic Republics (me)
-The Seattle Federation (my ally)
-The Ottoman Empire
-The Zetoran Sons

The other 4 dead/dying players are:

-Hedgetopian Reich
-The Doughe Empire
-Silicium Imperium (in black, being eaten by the Zetorans in the webm)
-Epapoli (in purple, being eaten by me and the Zetorans)

Naturally it's turned into a 2v2. I believe I have the industrial if not technological advantage, and my robust logistics network and fuel efficient, mass producable tank armies will win me the day. Or the Zetorans will mass land infantry in my back lines and destroy my logistics network. Only time will tell.
>>
>>628603
how so?
Before steam launch, looking at some CE forums about this game, changing character traits and values are difficult, but resources hack are pretty easy to do.
Original data modding can be done and already figured out like a month ago (not me).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CwPG0hinIayfeqjTACCyGFLU-nwHuP8YgRRf690yfmQ/edit
I just lacked the knowledge on how to turn on debug mode correctly at that time. I got the gest of what needs to be done like adding a text file based on similar way for ATG and DC.
around the same time I figured out how to open these SE1 related file outside of the program, turns out they are just zip file with password, and I posted about them if you scroll up.
>>
File: defic army.png (1.44 MB, 1772x1100)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>628611
And he's a poorly done collage of my latest models.
>>
>>628603
That's 100% untrue, what the fuck are you talking about? Vic even opened up his hardcoded engine up with the S&S editor.
>>
>>628532
>>628611
>>628640
Love this kind of effort posting, thanks gents. For Defic Republic, aren't tanks a risky bet with that much desert?
>>
>>628603
begone lying jew, go back to your swedish masters
>>
>>623673
Just get a better Interior Council leader, he's the one who makes the rolls for your leader stats & capacity. One time I got a gigachad Cap IV and put him in to be my Interior Council leader and later on in that game I was sitting on 4 Cap V leaders all from him.
>>
>>623824
You do realize having higher Meritocracy score makes the stats you roll on your leaders higher right?
>>
File: Untitled.png (171 KB, 554x238)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
I am so glad that production penalty was nerfed. Back in the earlier versions, this town probably wouldn't get anything done.
>>
>>629911
>>629918
has this actually been tested and confirmed or is this speculation and confirmation bias?
>>
>>629983
the capabilities of the Interior Council one is completely true because they make a roll every time you play a recruit stratagem, but idk about the Meritocracy one
>>
>>629008
Funnily enough, the world isn't covered in sandy deserts, but rather raw clay. Didn't even know that terrain type existed until I joined this match. It basically acts as Plains Rocky except it doesn't give infantry an automatic +25% entrenchment bonus. It may also have a maximum entrenchment limit, but I'm not sure. The planet also doesn't sport many high mountains at all, which means that armored and mechanized forces are at their most effective here (tanks and infantry use the same amount of AP to move through low mountains). Thusly I've mechanized my entire force, and I have thousands of DMP apc's and 8 entire armored brigades operational.

The only issues I have now are energy production and the robustness of my logistics network. The former because I'm in the midst of switching to an all-laser military, and the latter because 8 armored brigades eat up a lot of fuel even with 60 - 70 fuel efficiency.

The Ottomans are putting up a very stalwart defense. Actually they've had a military tech advantage over me for quite a while which is only just ending, since their player beelined for lasers. Originally, as I was finishing off the Doughe Empire, the Ottomans and the Seattle Federation actually conspired to invade me together and knock me out of the game, but I persuaded the Ottomans the back out of the deal and guaranteed him all of Seattle's territory if he were to backstab his ally. He accepted, and I tried negotiating for a full military alliance with him, but he dragged his feet on for so long that I just decided to side with Seattle in the end. You can see Seattle pushing into my territory in the latter part of webm related.
>>
>>630076
How do you fund so many Mechanized units? Are your APC models any good or are they super cheap to let you field loads of them, and did you get lots of metal deposits early on to jumpstart your early economy with metalization plants?
>>
File: dmp.png (631 KB, 1025x588)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>>630113
The latest model is pretty good. Sadly it currently makes up only around 20% of my mechanized forces' ToE for the time being. They cost around the same as a light tank, but I produce enough metal and IP per turn now that it doesn't really matter. Also yeah I had 3 metal deposits to start with, 2 more at a natural expansion, and 3 more in Doughe territory. I have one level 3 and one level 2 Demetalization plant and I'm upgrading the both of them simultaneously.

I possess enough industrial power (producing nearly 10k ip per turn), I think, that if I just reinforce my logistics network enough, I may just resort to mass deploying tank brigades every turn and put infantry at the bottom of the priority list.
>>
File: history8.png (36 KB, 150x150)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
"the thread seems awfully quiet today"
>>
File: 無題.png (2.04 MB, 1366x768)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>big transport thopter and a lot of motorbike infantry

Hmmmmmm
>>
>>630457
looks like a deep strike in the making
>>
>>630467
A very dishonorable way of waging war. I'll need to make an actual air force to defend against it and also assign brigades to deep defense duty. FUCK.
>>
>>630457
>無題.png
what did he mean by this
>>
>>631497
>can't be ass bothered to use jewgle translation in 2021
>>
File: 無題.png (2.1 MB, 1366x768)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
>>630457
Seems like he did a test drop using one motorized RPG battalion. A storm is coming...
>>
File: 無題.png (321 KB, 448x464)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>631694
Oh fuck.
>>
>>631805
>ZHT
are you fighting a chinese?
>>
>>631807
With how clever and devious he is, he just might be.
>>
>>564245
Does this game have a useful newbies guide and tutorial somewhere?
>>
>>632071
it comes with the game in the form of a 300 page manual
>>
>>631807
that's a heavy tank, right? and they are zetorons? maybe it's zeotoran heavy tank
>>
>>632148
Yeah that's a Zetoran heavy tank model. He has two battalions of those out, each eating up 1.5k fuel per turn. Not sure how he's going to supply them.
>>
>>632152
what is a zetora
>>
>>632071
not in game, but ctrl F tutorial in this very thread and you'll find helpful advice
>>
>stalemate again
Son of a bitch.
>>
>>634488
how's the game going?
>>
>>623445
>lots of good strategy games to rate
>stardew valley casually there in the middle
wut?
Imagine a Shadow Empire themed Stardew Valley crossover?
>>
still haven't managed to pirate the game,
the one link I had still asked for the keycode, even tho there was a hack for the keycode in the install
and then I also couldn't update, because the updater requires at least version 1.05
anyone knows a working one?
>>
>>635687
only had experience with crack for matrix:
version shouldn't matter as the same crack works from 1.03 all the way till now. So did you set the file path correctly?
if you don't have 1.05 you can just download from matrix no problem.
and you have to run the crack at the exact window it asks for key, no earlier.
>>
>>635687
just buy it, its worth the money and youll have instant access to all future updates for free.

All the cracked copies are broken anyways
>>
File: 1475531031336.png (50 KB, 182x300)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>635832
>>
Does entertainment do anything? Education buildings help research, security buildings help training, health buildings help health score which helps birth rate, but entertainment doesn't seem to have any secondary function. It doesn't secretly help lower unrest or anything does it?
>>
>>635877
entertainment increases zone quality of life score which increases civilization score which unlocks the tiers of buildings equal to your empires civilization score
>>
>>635927
They all do that, but the other three also do other side things, which is what I'm asking about.

Research buildings give a bonus to research as well as their qol points, health qol points positively influence the birth rate even though a high civ score negatively impacts it, and security both gives training points and actual security forces that deal with murderous cults/violent criminals/rampaging workers/etc. At least health and security are also used in events. Not sure if education is but entertainment assets don't seem to have any such secondary or tertiary function. It's weird and feels like it's being overlooked, like how the manual says some minor factions would have militia with units you couldn't normally get but they don't.
>>
Huh, all this time, I thought the assassin android was +200 attack/hp as written on the card, but it's actually +200%, making those both x3.
>>
>>635930
only degeneracy comes out of entertainment, i'm afraid.
>>
File: 無題.png (2.26 MB, 1366x768)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>634692
>leapfrogging heavily armred transport thopters carrying independent MG units and laser bikers deep into enemy territory

The mp meta has officially changed, boys and girls - and I don't have the fighters to stop this.
>>
>>635954
build more fighters and eventually they won't have the aircraft to supply them. do SAM batteries engage air bridge missions? heavy SAM's can cover a 6 hex radius.
>>
how do I generate game map moving turn by turn? the screenshot folder ones are low quality.
>>
>>635954
I don't think they can do much if they just squatting on some un important mountains. They have to choke out your logistic lines to be a real harm right?
>>
>>635969
You have to dedicate at least 6 units to keep each group of them bottled up else the mobility of the motorcycles will let them nip over any bit of unprotected road you have. It's potentially a big draw of resources and manpower, even if they're just sitting in some unimportant mountains.
>>
File: 無題.png (437 KB, 454x626)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>635959
SAM's would be nice, but thanks to Vic's excellent game design I still haven't discovered missile launcher models yet and so I need to wait for SAM's as well.

>>635969
>I don't think they can do much if they just squatting on some un important mountains

The enemy has basically set up a forward base. Thopters from his mainland can ferry supplies to this place, which is garrisoned by an entire regiment of quad MG's equipped with heavy combat armor. I cannot remove them with the one piddly assault gun battalion I have in the area since tanks get a nasty penalty to their attack score in rough terrain. Now that I cannot dislodge him, there's nothing stopping him from leapfrogging other units deeper into my empire. I mean look at this thing - it's disgusting.
>>
File: unknown.png (518 KB, 457x658)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>>635976
My best fighter for comparison.
>>
>>635976
are conventional light aircraft not viable on your world? A dogfight score of 21 is horrendously low. A dedicated light airframe fighter should trounce it with the huge penalty that things low dogfighting score will give it.
>>
>>635979
I could make a thopter fighter that can go 1,000 km/h, but I prioritized range over dogfighting ability because his thopters have maximum ranges of 25 - 33 hexes. With this forward base, he can pretty much cover the breadth of the important parts of my empire.

Also here's a timelapse of the Zetoran front. Not good.
>>
>>635846
Its well known that cracked copies break down.
You using a outdated version of the game for one, and for two how do you know the crack you got for the game hasnt interfered with the code?

Arma cracked versions literally break down more and more each time you run it, its VERY likely Vic (dev) incorporated some fail safe for cheap fucks like you who refuse to give credit to where credit is due.
>>
File: FighterJet.jpg (80 KB, 448x723)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>635983
I mean is it not possible to make something like pic related? Are thopters the only viable airframe type your planetary conditions supports?
>>
>>635983
Are these all multiplayer games?
>>
File: 無題.png (147 KB, 404x231)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>635990
I don't have turbojets, and my air optimization tech is trash, so thopters are really my only solution. Pic related is the best I can do with a turboprop (since propeller optimization is one of the few air techs I have at a pretty high level).
>>
>>635976
>>635972
I didn't know much about AF but that 4 heavy jet thorpter with VH AAM sound like the most expensive part of his entire arsenal. I would bet on putting SAM around the cities and logi lines since they have big ass AAM. God knows how much IP and resources that bird costs.
I wish I can be more helpful but I have little ideas.
>>
>>635695
>and you have to run the crack at the exact window it asks for key, no earlier.
I see, then run it again when the game itself asks for the key
anyway, the deal with the version is because 1.09 (or the latest?) requires at least version 1.05, but the torrent only had 1.03, and there is no other patch update on the site, its either the whole game (user restricted) or the 1.09 patch
>>
>>635832
I'm well aware the game is pretty good, I would buy it without doubt, but matrix pricing and conversion rates makes it expensive AF in my little corner of the world,
that and the fact that I really don't have the time right now to play it a lot
>>
>>636183
Wait for a steam sale or search the Russian forum for patch uploads.
>>
>>635877
>>635949
Speaking of entertainment buildings, are the fate cards that let you build a casino or arena worth it?
>>
>>636541
casino brings in a lump sum of money for the private economy and arenas improve zone happiness (or loyalty?)
>>
>>636541
The casino is good like >>636548 says, but I don't build arenas or the schools because the private sector tends to build them. I don't know if it's just the profiles I use. (they build casinos too, but the bonus)
I use the zoo PP cards though since they increase loyalty or happiness, I forget. Can they build commerce districts or is that a card only asset?
>>
>>636556
commercial areas is cards only, and give happiness. zoos give loyalty
>>
>>636180
weird. The 105 installer used to be available in the open in matrix store and I can't login to see if its limited to buyer only now.
this is the only 105 related zip in my disk rn. I think i applied on 103 before.
https://litter.catbox.moe/zto4ke.zip
(3 days)
but maybe you should try this first.
https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105838&hilit=Shadow+Empire&start=120
>>636541
fat merchant is fine, 1k ish money can really help your civ building up+spending less on casino. One of the civ building is light industry that gives IP points--an early game limiting factor. Eager industrialist even better. Sometimes I use that right after civs build the first one to get light industry 2. Teacher and arena can fuck off with their 2 FP.
>>636580
oh zoo gives loyalty. I was wondering how did my enforcement emergency tax scheme didn't work on one occasion.
>>
File: Untitled.png (110 KB, 803x301)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>629918
>>629983
>>630001
I think he meant this by the Meritocracy one, but I don't know what it does myself.
>>
>>636002
this
where do you guys find other autists to play with?
how long does it take to make a considerable advance in the game? because it seems that the only way to play it is a couple turns every day or something like that
>>
How do I get massive steppes/grasslands on a hydra world? I want to make massive armies of bike boyz and just roll over everyone Genghis Khan style while listening to throat singing.
>>
>>638601
If you have lotsa water, you have lotsa trees. Choose a less wet world.
>>
A$ 56.95! Needs a lot more polish before I'm willing to spend that much.
>>
File: 1588258793574.jpg (15 KB, 276x368)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>635988
>outdated
nope, I get and apply beta patch the same way matrix buyers get.
>interfered with the code
it edits the register to recognize any code as valid key when asked. shadowempire.exe and so on are applied pasted from the update patch every update, which is entirely vic's work.
In earlier versions, I only got a bug regarding clicking outside the map (I was at north pole) throwing some kind of index out of bound error. Simply not clicking that area.
>arma cracked version break down more
You probably got bad crack, but bohemia can't code for shit either. Lag, LOD glitching to the point of performance degradation--hence higher, more detailed model and texture setting actually improves the overall framerate, crash, save corrupt (start a mission with only 1 mag) happened so often even for my legal arma3 copy with no prior piracy. hence I don't pay them anymore. DLCs are just OP weapons through and through. Full vision Thermal, better FULL BODY armor that 2 rgo or 3 rgn grenades can't kill a camper in a room + low thermo radiation, recoilless 556 machine gun with the lightest weight/ammo, helis that go sonic? And wow they didn't say that they offsetted model to the ground when far so that most player didn't know how to land a 800m+ shot when they see the bullet landing exactly on the model's position but bounced off the ground, and a higher placement result in the target flinches or dead for shot that suppose to go overhead.
>vic incorporated failsafe
not yet. There are only password protected zip files for se1 files. and debugger mode was kept away from player for a long time until recently.
>credits where credits due
yeah, he updates beta really quick. Rarely go "balancing" like other indie. Game has been stable for the most part. and I like the game and its aesthetic unironically.
Dude is a dutch and they don't really care about hookers in their cities or LSD in their system, let alone minor losses or gains from piracy of some third worlder.
>>
File: fucking.jpg (269 KB, 802x691)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
Ah yes, 16 rounds in and I'm already under attack by a tribal regime to the north, a raider regime to the east and to the southesat, meanwhile 2500 acid spewing turtles that can melt an entire battalion in one round lurks away in the south.

Just another day in Shadow Empire.
>>
File: doomturtles.png (613 KB, 802x513)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
>>639162
Fucking turtles just melted another battalion
>>
>Friend a minor that somehow hasn't been at war yet even though it's end game
>Immediately is taken to war
>On the other side of the enemy empire
Finally have a second SHQ for the first time.
>>
>>636012
It's really not that expensive, the only potentially hard to get resource is machines but that's solved by having Heavy Industry. A thopter of that size and with that level of equipment costs 100 metal, 254 IP, 24 machinery and 81 rare metals each. Keep in mind the smallest formation has 3 thopters in it.
>>
>>638577
There's a discord where most of the hardcore autists hang out. There are a lot of beginners too though, so if you want to create a game make sure you mention that you're inexperienced to keep everyone roughly at the same level.
https://discord.gg/mgHszeBE

>discord
I know I know, but it's the only real choice there is. Just keep yourself to game-related discussion and you'll have fun.
>>
Unit feats only work with artillery/rockets/missiles when they directly attack the targets, right? Ones like champions and bees.
>>
>>639770
They should work with indirect attacks too. I know spotter drones work in indirect attacks, and I don-t see why the others would be exceptions.
>>
>>639771
Well spotter drones are specifically for them, but it doesn't seem like some of the feats are triggering at range in the details screen. There's like no documentation on how feats are supposed to work and you don't even know what they do until you equip them, so I don't know if they just don't work for that type, e.g. I assume spotter drones wouldn't work on infantry; or you have to attack directly, e.g. attacking at range with a knight/paladin/champion type feat (the ones that have a % chance to kill on hit) will yield something like 14 hits and no kills while direct attacking will provide something like 5/14 kills and with notes in the details that there was a kill roll on the hits.
>>
>>639778
Which feats have you tried? It's true that unit feats have no documentation, they are a fairly obscure part of the game.
>>
>>639785
At least the energy lance and the kill on hit ones I mentioned. I don't remember the other feats since I assumed they were working until I started checking. Most anti-infantry ones are hard to check since they only work on things with less than armor or even only ones without even environsuits.
>>
>>639016
Fair enough
>>
File: cunts.png (2.88 MB, 1920x1080)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
What could I have realistically done to prevent raiders from backstabbing me all the time?
I did the covert ops for extra relationship things but they seem to ignore high relation values, I want peace but my FA councilor isn't good enough.

Is war of extermination the only option?
>>
>>640079
I don't know why you ever expected raiders to be peaceful. Farmers sure, but raiders?
>>
>>640084
I never expected them to be peaceful forever, I only needed them to be peaceful long enough until I have enough forces to hold the border or invade them.
>>
>>640092
Raiders and all types of aggressive minor AI act very opportunistically and will declare war on you if they think they can get away with it.
>>
>>640098
Guess they put me in a relatively bad starting position then since I started quite literally next to 4-5 raider regimes. There will be no peace, only war.
>>
>>640103
>there will be no peace, only war
God speed, Anon

also remember if you do conquer them, beware if they are different than your regimes culture as the subjugated will cause unrest after the war is over.
>>
>>640079
>ganked by 3 raider regimes and weaponized wildlife
Goddamn, that's a pretty hopeless start.
>>
File: unknown.png (1.08 MB, 1366x768)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>635976
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: nopeace.png (2.94 MB, 1920x1080)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>>640186
It is 4 raiders, 1 tribal, 1 major, and wildlife. I'm expecting the raiders to the southwest to backstab me anytime soon.
>>
>>640206
Are those thopters you killed the ones you showed earlier?
>>
>>640212
Yep. They're the disgusting model shown here (>>635976) Airbase surprise penalty gave them -60% at the start plus other debuffs, rendering them helpless against even machine gun armed thopters. Lucky break for me. Unfortunately the ground war isn't going as well.
>>
>>640217
Are you sure that's not the first model?
>>
>>640218
Quite sure, yes.
>>
>>640220
Hm... -60% of 495 is still 297, which is much more than your thopters. And the missiles seem to give 60% bonus, so that should cancel out. I have the feeling at least some of those thopters were not armed.
>>
File: unknown.png (379 KB, 471x450)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>>640224
I don't really know what happened bud, but I'm just glad my air forces did their job well this time.
>>
>>640232
What about the other formation, the one with 1 thopter left? That's the one that actually died, is it not?
>>
>>640234
Don't worry about it Akra. You have the advantage in the ground war anyway. :^)
>>
>>640240
I don't know who that is, but he sounds like a very smart and handsome person.
>>
>>636886
>https://litter.catbox.moe/zto4ke.zip
>(3 days)
thanks, unfortunately its already 404, I'm tries one of the links in the forum first
>>
>>640224
The airbase surprise penalty is the aircraft being caught on the ground and taking time to get into the air, having missiles doesn't negate that. You also have to factor in the dogfighting score difference.
>>
>>640256
alright, reporting in
finally got the game to work, it seems you have to input a random key of 16 digits, this was my issue with it that wasn't explicitly mentioned
anyway, kind weird how its to get just the right conditions on some worlds, either they get way too hot or way too cold, I was looking something average that can do open air farming, but has hostile fauna
at the very least I got this funny looking creature to fight off
>>
>>640545
Just roll a medusa or hydra until you get either "full value" or "good value" for alien tissue nutrition, then you can do open air farming and have evil aliens to kill.
>>
>aliens grabbing random people on the street just rub them
lmao, can you get a mixed alien population or something?

>>640953
anyway, what really annoys me in this game is the planet always seem to drifter either one extreme or the other, its hard to get a meaningful temperate or seasonal changes
like I'd imagine making cool sci-fi planets like dense but harsh alien life jungle, or desert with a few oasis Dune
the current game is almost there with a few big lakes with large deserts in between
>>
>>641041
Fucking aliens, my last game I sent all diplomats to learn the language until I maxed it. Managed to get 100 peaceful but then they sent me a threat that if I didn't pay, they would wage war against me
After giving him tech so I could befriend them. Nothing that's how they paid me.
Now my tanks are rolling in their plains
>>
>>641041
>anyway, what really annoys me in this game is the planet always seem to drifter either one extreme or the other, its hard to get a meaningful temperate or seasonal changes
Well it is a game about surviving on a planet that couldn't sustain itself.

>dense but harsh alien life jungle
You want a hydra planet for that. It's annoying as shit though, vehicles are near useless and it's like Predator but planet wide.

>desert with a few oasis
You probably want Limos rather than Seth or Morgana.
>>
>>640545
where do you get patches anon?
>>
>>641041
>temperate or seasonal changes
You want high axial tilt with slow orbit, high tilt gives you big temperature changes and slow orbit gives you lots of turns to see the changes.

Unfortunately the most interesting planets I've played on were all the unspecified type. My favorite was huge dune seas separated by lines of jungle, with no lakes at all and essentially no mountains. It was really fun to set up battle lines in the jungles and then fight across the dunes. The new planet type is supposed to give something similar but I normally just get rocky plains with a few mountainous lakes dotting the terrain.
>>
#1 request: group strategic move.
Thank you, Vic.
>>
>>641294
You reminded me that I forgot to ask on the survey for a rally point function. At least a rally subordinate units at OHQ function.

btw:
Changelist for v1.09.05
-Improved AI speed by probably around 20%
-Fixed algorithm for auto-replacements and returns that was sometimes not functioning as it should (JH)
-Fixed weird alien plantlife temperature parameters in some cases where the history class forced something into an impossible situation *
-Added planet generation summary screen to help subtab in the report tab
-Planetoids now require you to have a Victory Score of 66 to win *
-Moons now require you to have a Victory Score of 80 to win *
-Constructing Replacement Troops for Units in the field can no be done off-road as well (pickup hex used for this now, like with upgrade and replace)
-Populace migration between Zones now also takes QOL, Unrest, Danger, Private Credits reserves and Loyalty into account as well as modelling some peeps just like certain outback Zones.
>>
>>641258
>Unfortunately the most interesting planets I've played on were all the unspecified type
I thought unspecified rolled randomly for one of the existing types, can it generate a completely different combination?
>>
>>641199
the 1.09 was on the matrix site itself, but the 1.05 was available on cs.rin.ru as anon mentioned earlier
>>
>>641754
unclassified has no limitations for water, temperature, atmosphere, etc. Anything goes.
>>
File: peacesoon?.png (3.72 MB, 1920x1080)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
It took at least 8 long years and tens of thousands of casualties to get here but I believe there will be peace soon (for the people in the capital).
An extremely rocky and difficult start to be surrounded by multiple hostile regimes but in the end might and perseverance wins. Thankfully I'm not that behind the other majors in tech despite diverting a lot of the resources just to stay alive.
>>
>>641759
based. I always hated it in games where "random" just means "we'll pick from our preselect options, randomly".
>>
What size is a level 7 city and have you ever made it there?
>>
>>641897
A level 7 city "Extreme Metropolis" is a city with at least 550 000 populace living in it.
I never made my own city that big but I have captured major regime cities with at least 600k populace living in it which I quickly upgraded to level 7 cities.

Anon you can just read this off the manual.
>>
>>641882
btw, how to deal with radiation? what does it affect
I think this is the first time I've gote radiation due to meltdowns and warheads, but my map is breathable, no enviro hazard suit by default
>>
>>641975
>btw, how to deal with radiation? what does it affect
radiation lowers the maximum readiness and morale of your units at the low end and outright kills them at the high end. better armour techs increase radiation protection for your units but even envirosuits offer complete protection against radiation up to 400 rads. For your cities it lowers happiness and cause deaths, but all assets come with built in radiation protection up to 400 rads as well.

To deal with it get radiation cleaning facilities to remove it from the world or anti-radiation infrastructure or radiation treatment facilities to boost the protection for your populations
>>
File: The Eminence in Shadow.png (750 KB, 1101x1301)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
anyone using any mods?
if so which one?
>>
>>642065
Just the one that adds a border to stacked unit chits
>>
One of my big complaints about this game is how the rest of the world doesn't exist except to fuck with the player. Like all the minors without cities (AI, spiders, nomads, etc) who just sit on a single tile in the middle of their zone until the player's territory contacts it, and then they activate and swarm the player. Or how my client states still stack all their units along our shared border, because their programming says they need to oppose me and not worry about anyone else even though we've agreed to become close allies in-game.
I also hate the espionage system which eliminates fog of war and makes it trivially easy to watch the AIs live in harmony until I activate them.
>>
>>642280
I agree with the espionage system, it feels like a must everytime, kinda like cheating
>>
how much private investment is it necesary for a food thingy? i got up to 1500 inverted and they still havent built it lol
>>
>>642280
>Like all the minors without cities (AI, spiders, nomads, etc) who just sit on a single tile in the middle of their zone until the player's territory contacts it,
Not true. In the game I'm playing right now the non-aligned forces overran a major leaving their city not owned by any faction and wiping them out, and have severely limited the expansion of 2 other majors.
>>
>>642336
it needs population as well
>>
>>642356
>non-aligned forces
Non-aligned will roam, yes. The ones I listed, the ones that live in "xxxxx Territory" as opposed to "Hot Geyser Steam", will park on their spawn point until activated. You can cheese it by leaving a one-tile ring of non-aligned to keep them stuck in their zone forever if you want.
>>
>>642387
Minors don't interact with other minors but they will fuck with AI majors.
>>
>>642280
I mostly get irritated by how much of a chore it is to keep the nomads in check. I hate having to micro my detached Buggy brigade chasing a stack of nomads through the desert while simultaneously fighting a big war.

I wish the nomads could just somehow fuck off after the early game. Maybe with a tech upgrade.
>>
>>642425
I don't like how deciding to fight spiders makes me a warmonger (+fist). There's literally no other way for me to interact with them.
>>
>>642623
don't fight until provoked.
>>
File: doomturtlesextermination.png (3.55 MB, 1920x1519)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB PNG
>dumb bombs doesn't work
>precision munitions doesn't work
>rockets doesn't work
>conventional guns doesn't work
>howitzer cannons doesn't work
>gauss weaponry doesn't work

How do I fucking kill these fucking turtles, do I have to tech up until laser guns or plasma guns and walkers just to get rid of them?
>>
>>642808
what are the stats on those things?
>>
>>642810
It's on this post
>>639176
>>
>>642808
Shell them with artillery until they're shell-shocked then try attacking while they have low readiness and morale. Use those gas team unit feats too if you have them.
>>
>>642811
The easiest choice would be to gas them, but since I assume you don't have gas feat and they are herbivores, just use militia to herd them away from your city and keep them surrounded there.
>>
>>642808
>>642816
Also just leave them there for a while and let them kill themselves on your troops with a defensive posture equipped.
>>
>>642811
Can't you just get some tanks? Hard attack/defense is low and they don't have many hitpoints.
>>
>>642808
They have mg-tier defense against infantry. Just surround them and let tanks and only tanks do the work.
>>
BRING IN THE TANKS
>>
>>642867
WE NEED MORE FIREPOWER SIR
>>
How do I unlock Light Armor Grenadier brigade? I researched Light Armor brigade already, and I have extant model designs for light armor, infantry, MG infantry, RPG infantry, artillery, and motorized. My Staff Director says no discoveries are currently possible, although Light Armor Grenadier is not on the list of possible researches. Light Armor Assault and Light Armor Infantry are, but not Grenadier.
According to this post they are all on separate branches, and in the past I have successfully discovered and researched Light Mechanized Armor Grenadier so I know it's possible.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4839875&mpage=1&key=&#4839875

What am I doing wrong?
>>
Do railheads trigger refocusing?
>>
>>642881
Nope.
>>
>>642881
Railheads should be at the end of your line anyway
>>
File: fuckturtles.jpg (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
Jesus Christ, a single unit of turtle jeopardized my entire operations to the south literally by just walking around my border guards and sitting on my most important logistical junction which so happen to be in a heavy forest in which it's very good at.
>>
File: Untitled.png (171 KB, 287x281)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>642894
What's going on with this guy?
>>
>>642902
I forgot to notice but some xenos probably ran a circle around him while I wasn't looking, he was part of the border guard before being encircled. He's safely connected to my logistic line now though.
>>
>>642894
Independent MG battalions are very useful for border guard duty. They don't cost a lot of manpower and they defend very well. You should raise plenty of them.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>Near end of last game
>Made a promise to raise my soldiers to 9% of my population (from 8%)
>Realized later I make like 12k pop a turn from cloning facilities alone, nevermind birth rates and hex perks
>Realized even later I'm replacing my infantry with robots
>Soldier percentage went down to 7% in a few turns, and was barely at 8% when I finished the game
>>
File: Dzc7xz-VsAANuhw.jpg (163 KB, 843x1200)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
how and where do I write notes for a save? Every time I come back to a save and had absolute no idea what to do.
>>
>>643044
notepad.exe
>>
>>643044
I've created a discord server only for myself and I use various channels to organize notes for each game, one channel per game.
>>
>>643051
I wish I can just write in the game, I heard in MP players can send each other texts.
>>
>>642953
>1020 tanks
rip
>>
>>642871
ROGER THAT
>>
What custom formations do you think are a must have?
I only have one, MG-AT infantry brigade. Its just the MG brigade with 30x AT guns for extra anti tank capacity.
I dont really think there are much more that are necessary except maybe incorporate walkers into inf divisions for extra rough terrain anti tank or something like that
>>
>>643200
oh god theres this woman in the game with the most awful british accent i have ever heard
>>
>>642871
RUN RUN!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.05 MB, 2560x1440)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>Hydra planet
>>
>>643421
>posting screens from before the biosphere gets generated
and?
>>
>>643214
AFFIRMIATIVE
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.97 MB, 2544x2512)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>643424
That IS after the biosphere was generated. That's the point. Nothing on the 4.2 billion year old planet but some proto cellular life, and not even just dirt but cracked desert.
Humans terraformed the hell out of it though. Prior biosphere of >>643421 is on the top left.

It's neat because it's the first time for me seeing a world changed by humans, but I wanted to play that arid watery world.
>>
>>643462
>The bacteria on that planet hate communism so much that they decided not to form multicellular life
based
>>
>>643214
>oh god theres this woman in the game with the most awful british accent i have ever heard
you mean that one that says something like
>Yes dis whys like us

It's acknolwedgement18.ogg in the voiceovers_female2 folder. I'm listening to it on repeat and I cannot decipher what she's actually saying.
>>
>>643486
She sounds like some sort of scottish canadian
>>
>>643508
>>643486
>>643214
Maybe it's a dutch accent?
>>
>>643054
genius
I am in awe anon
>>
>>643214
you can replace all sounds with warhammer sounds
>>
how do i make a timelapse bros
>>
>>642894
lmao, its australia or hawaii, with that video of turtles taking over the road and stopping traffic
even that tank squad unable to push over it?
>>
>>643462
are you sure you're not being retarded?
the vegetation just fills up when you go into the next step
>>
Do these hex perk buildings need to be connected via road network to give their bonuses?
also wondering about these neighbor cephaloids, some cool events come up where it seems like they trying to communicate,
but the difficulty of making diplomatic peace is just impossible, does any tech come in the future that allows for ayy integration or something?
>>
>>644368
>Do these hex perk buildings need to be connected via road network to give their bonuses?
no

>the difficulty of making diplomatic peace is just impossible, does any tech come in the future that allows for ayy integration or something?
your foreign relations council will generate xenodiplomacy cards once you get it set up. they might also approach you themselves asking for peace.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (2.1 MB, 2556x2860)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>644205
You are wrong. Plants are added during the biosphere phase. They are altered by humans(turned into farmland, etc.) in the colonization phase. Here's a normal biosphere phase and colonization phase. >>643421 is during biosphere >>643462 is during colonization.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (2.06 MB, 2548x2830)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>644426
Fixed to show the same general area.
>>
>>644136
take a bunch of images and make them into a video
>>
>>644200
>even that tank squad unable to push over it?
Tanks get like -80% penalty attacking into heavy forests, they probably can't even touch it.
>>
>>644438
i don't know anon, i tried that but the video is too blurry no matter what i do
>>
>>644443
Did you make them into a video or did you make them into a video and then turn the video into a webm? Just upload the original video somewhere. Making a proper webm of it probably involves playing around a bit.
>>
>>644479
i put all of my screenshots in premiere and slap them into an .mp4 and tried converting it to .webm
>>
File: ShadowEmpire_wtJjWQx1vI.jpg (675 KB, 1920x1080)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
A smooth start. Turn 18.
Just Non-aggr pacted a major on west and the north minor peaced a long time ago. East Expansion in progress with the 2nd OHQ, waiting on roads to extend and plob down another city as new metal mines are found at the outskirt and I need more BP production for promise. South Expansion against the spooder still waiting on an OHQ to spear head, while the first OHQ is still sieging a minor city sandwiched between me and major west. Taking that city is going to be absolute curse with no buffer zone for fear.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.14 MB, 1416x992)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
Turn 1, this guy could probably beat up any other leader I've ever had.
>>
File: crab.png (969 KB, 1103x568)
969 KB
969 KB PNG
And I'm ambushed right outside my main town.
>Entangler 3 description
>Does this mean it gets 8x it's attack value then?
>>note that fauna feat modifiers on stats below have already been added to them
>Oh, well, that's okay then its not so stro...
>>Attacks per combat round: 8
>oh...
>>
>>644681
>Chitinous
So you can't even hurt him with rifles
>>
>>644681
these things will rape you
>>
>>644681
Surround them with independent MG battalions.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.