[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ez_s0D4WEAM0Yp-.png (331 KB, 429x551)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
Another banger from Paradox
>>
is anyone really shocked? its a dying IP from a shitty company with a notoriously retarded fanbase
>>
>>558809
Literally nobody except for their own hardcore fandom is still playing EU4, so what the fuck are you expecting, really? Everyone sensible left EU4 two to three years ago and majority of people doesn't give two shits whats going with the game or its DLCs anymore. And for a good reason
>>
finally they are getting negative reviews. the fall of the evil paracocks empire has begun
>>
>>558827
Keep in mind - mods don't count to this. But mods aren't DLC-dependant.
>>
>>558828
>finally they are getting negative reviews
Did you spend past 2 years under a rock or something?
Literally EVERYTHING that wasn't CK3 garned them negative reviews
>>
>>558828
>finally
almost every DLC for EU4 is mixed, Dharma is the first negative one
>>
>>558835
>Literally EVERYTHING that wasn't CK3 garned them negative reviews
I'm convinced CK3 only survived cause it seemed to draw in a bunch of newer people.
Most paracucks I know haven't stopped seething about it since release.
>>
heard Steam may pull it from the store due to the devs outright lying about expected features and fixes? kotaku and rockpapershotgun are reporting that
>>
>>558854
? sauce
>>
>>558854
Seeing nothing about this, got links?
>>
>>558827
What's wrong with modern Eu4? this patch will get balanced in a month and things will be okay again
>>
>>559009
>"Don't complain about the taste now, this steaming log of human feces will slowly ripen and taste better in a few months"
>>
>>559009
then don't buy it until it's fixed
or leave a negative review (if you were stupid enough to buy it) and change to positive when it actually deserves it
>>
They fixed the exploit where you can start with your cores and extra. Was that really the nr.1 priority here? It had been possible for years and NOW they fix it?
>>
>>558828
Finally, grandstrats will be dead, and nothing except pure memery and hobbyism will remain.
>>
>>559009
It got shittier and shittier, due to retarded decisions.

Expansions once were legit improvements to the game, or added flavor to relevant nations.

Now they're pretty much this:
-Insanely powerful mission tree (Spain, Austria, etc)
-Dumb, half-tested snowball mechanism: Innovativeness, Hegemony, now Monuments and centralize dev (destined to balance out the pain-in-the-ass changes in the free update)
-Map changes nobody except autistic retard asked for.
-New flavor for irrelevant shitty nations that nobody asked for.
>>
>>559009
Ever heard that great wisdom that things are great, until they aren't?
EU4 hit that moment somewhere between Third Rome and Dharma. Your particular mileage might vary on this, but it was somewhere between those patches and related DLCs that they should have simply stop adding new stuff and leave the game be.
>>
>>558842
Depends really who you hang with and how long you are into this shit. The only people really bitching are the newfags that came around when CK2 premiered, not realising they are bunch of zoomers, projecting themselves as some sort of old guard, defending the purity of the game or whatever other shit they believe in.
All while CK3 has unironically the most polished release since... ever, really. They didn't have game this good upon release since dunno, EU2? And I'm with this shitpile since EU1, so boy, I've saw some shit. And the only reason they've put extra effort to polish that turd (not particularly big fan of CK series, always considered it a shitty RPG, rather than anything else) is due to the amount of slack they were getting recently, something they never had to face prior, because either they didn't have that many customers yet or their increased base didn't saw enough shit to wisen up a bit. The result was a panic attack and putting actual effort to release the game in workable state.
Now keep in mind - I never said CK3 is good. I said it's extremely polished release for Paradox standards. Even if we ignore my personal displease with CK series, it's still an average game. But that average is all they really needed to salvage both their PR clusterfuck, and, more importantly, their share prices. And CK3 praise is all they really needed to get out of trouble. So they've put effort.
Everything else? A steaming pile of shit and/or pointless DLCs nobody asked for, but still churmed out, since they need revenue. Any revenue, really, since they are in a shitty spot in terms of delivering new games and their big money making project - I:R - turned out to be their biggest failure in the entire 20 years of company being around. And we aren't talking about some small Swedish indie dev anymore, that lost few grands on making Vicky 1, but a mid-sized dev that's owned by a large size publisher, losing millions on the fuck-up that was Imperator.
>tbc
>>
File: 1422763642374.jpg (43 KB, 1185x124)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
>>559081
Ah, fuck it, no part 2 coming, because there is no real point.
The reason why newfags bitch so much is because they only recently caught up that they've been ass-fucked without any lube for years, and ironically lash out on a game that wasn't even bad at release. Extra points of idiocy when acting all surprised it's going to be like with Sims, that new game will be stripped out of various bits the previous one had, just to resell them back.
But I guess they are too young to even know Sims
>>
>>559094
>>559081
>>
>>559014
>>559049
>>559062
>>559068
I don't pay for the DLCs as I have a friend that owns all of the DLC, from a no-price standpoint I don't see any objective issues with their DLC, except the recurring fallout that comes from releasing a half done dlc every couple months. The polished product is pretty good
>>
>>558809
>Johan shit
Anyone who still played EU 4 should've known the game would become even more of a dumpster fire with him as the lead dev again
>>
>>559107
This isn't about buying or not (never spend a single dime on Paradox games, played all of them, including more obscure shit like their East India Company). It's about there was a clear point where they should just stop adding new shit to the game.
There is no polish on the product. And whatever veneer the game could have got tarnished by Paradox themselves when they've decided to continously crank out new DLCs. Then there is the release state of those DLCs, which is just adding insult to injury.
>>
>>559085
>free
>>
>>559120
I honestly don't understand why they've put him back to EU4. He fucked up Imperator completely, got relegated, and he fucked up EU4. I get it, he has a major stake in the company, so as such he's impossible to just get rid off, but they can still outvote the fat fuck and put him out of commission. I mean whatever he touched in past 5 or so years turned into a financial disaster with horrible reviews. Why not kicking him out of developer seat? They have that power and they know he's no good.
>>
>>558827
This, last time I played EUIV was in 2017, I only came here to shitpost about it.
>>
>>559141
there's still a lot to milk out of that age. I'd like to see more dynamic colonies, trade nodes should be able to flow the opposite direction, etc.
>>
>>559147
It's incredible, they sent him off to Spain alone to build a new team. I have no idea how they could be surprised when nobody that he hired was apparently even given the slightest bit of documentation on the game, or that he would be on the release stream wearing sunglasses indoors and admitting in no uncertain terms that he really didn't do much work at all.
>>
>>559162
same. played it for a bit at launch. could see it was a total turd so i make sure to trash it as much as i can. and i wont stop
>>
>>559094
>But I guess they are too young to even know Sims
Strange addition when the topic was the zoom zoom opinion of others not my own.
>>
File: XA2O8TY.png (119 KB, 437x446)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
Who did this
>>
>>559289
A mexican
>>
>>559289
It was me :^)
>>
>>559169
>trade nodes should be able to flow the opposite direction
This will literally NEVER happen.
gigau had a chat after he was starting climbing chairs. And they told him upfront that he can forget about dynamic trade system, because it's company policy to keep it as it is, no matter fucking what.
You know, the guy that keeps between 20 to 25% of their playerbase around was told into his face that he can go fuck himself with any suggestions about changing the retarded trade system.
>>
>>559081
>>559094
good post in thread
>>
>>559299
>who the fuck is still buying the shit paradox poops out?
Apparently somebody.
>>
>>559147
But anon they got rid off him. They sent him to Spain to build "new studio" that will be there just so he can feel important and make some easy bucks from retarded fanbase.
>>
>>558809
Why don't you fags make reddit accounts and join the bandwagon to shit on johan?
>>
>>559910
Johan deserves all the shit.
>>
>>559916
Johan is a hack shill
>>
>>558828
good. We need somebody else to take over. F*CK parac*ck
>>
Johan did nothing wrong
>>
>ITT: we were just pretending to be retarded! we never professed to liking EU4! it was all shills!
how quickly the shitposting meta shifts
>>
>>559085
>free
>>
>>559937
>consistently shits out shit dlcs
>acts superior on the forums and bans anyone who disagrees with him
Johan should get fired
>>
>>559068
Thats funny, i play on dharma.
>>
File: 1462746149356.jpg (101 KB, 704x396)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I'm just curious how they pick the names of these DLCs.
There used to be a time the name at least sort of corresponded with the content of the pack. Now Paradox seem to just use a random word generator.
>>
>>559905
Yes, they send him to Spain... to call him to deliver new DLC, that's getting all the slack possible and Johan is in a crossfire now.
Either the board is super-stupid and didn't learn from their mistakes still OR they are super-smart and are actively torpedoing Johan.
But given their track record so far, I say they are just bunch of morons.
>>
>>560172
Well Leviathan by Hobbes is book for the EU4 era so that matches most of the DLC titles. As for reason why choose this specific book I have no idea.
>>
>>559942
>Implying people aren't shitting non-stop on EU4 for past 3 years
New or just fishing for (You)s?
>>
>>560172
They definitely moved away from phrases i.e. "Rights of Man" to single word DLC titles for some reason, some marketingfag probably put them up to it.
>>
>>560188
I actually think it's the second option.
>>
>>560195
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. It's simply too early to say, but given their recent actions, I'm simply more willing to use good old Hanlon's razor here
>>
>>560194
>phrases i.e. "Rights of Man"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_of_Man
>>
>>560172
Leviathan ironically makes sense. The big theme of this DLC is centralisation. Leviathan, the book, is basically a 200 pages long treaty endorsing authoritarianism and super-strong central administration as a solution to all woes of humanity
>>
>>560215
Yes, I know it's the title of a book, but it's also more than one word.
>>
>>560172
>>560194
Brainlets
>>
>>560221
>The big theme of this DLC is centralisation.
What about native americans, abbos and polynesia? How does that fit in?
>>
>>560225
Oh of course, they should have named it "Leviathan or The Matter, Forme and Power of a Commonwealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil" so your multi-word autism could be satisfied
>>
>>560234
Yes, the next DLC will also be one word, screencap this.
>>
>>560221
>The big theme of this DLC is centralisation.
Isn't it about having a lot of vassals? The exact opposite of centralisation?
>>
>>560233
I'd like to point out this is an endemic issue of EU4 DLCs: there is the main appeal of that particular DLC and then there is unrelated stuff AND THEN there is some bullshit nobody asked for.
They ALL have this sort of design.
>>
>>560243
I guess you would have to read the book, because there is no way I can explain this shit in less than 10 posts and turning this thread into /pol/-attracting beacon.
To put it simple: think about Leviathan as if it was 1984 and its Big Brother, only written as a political treaty endorsing the concept, rather than a novel shitting on it.
>>
File: 1535099355096.jpg (14 KB, 359x377)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>560234
Why couldn't they have named it after an Aborigine book instead of an English one considering the DLC is about Abos?
>>
>>560249
>Abos
>Books
Kek
>>
>>560249
This. Missed opportunity for more abbo representation. Instead we got some eurocentric wank as usual.
>>
>>560249
>the DLC is about Abos
It would make more sense to say that it's a SEA DLC but even then that's not completely true, so saying that it's a fucking Abo DLC instead is retarded.
>>
File: 1608107727509.png (307 KB, 1472x1182)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>560249
Your post is deeply problematic.
>>
>>560352
I mean, he is not completely wrong. If north american and non-Andean south american natives get their own tags/states, then why not Abos?
>>
File: ddrjake.jpg_large.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
miss me yet ?
>>
>>560366
abos were even less organized and didn't put up a resistance like NA natives
>>
>>560366
Abbos were far from any socitey that could be represented by EU4. That's why there are natives uprising when you colonise region that was inhabited but those people were on the stone age level of society.
Most of north american tribes should probably be there as well but then again some of them were important in the colonial wars.
I don't even mind adding polynesians but ausralian natives were not organized society.
>>
>>560367
Jake... I kneel...
>>
>>560367
Haha, fuck off Jake, nobody misses you. That an awkward Swede like you can sustain himself on streaming will forever remain a mystery to me. Good on you seeing the writing on the wall though and jumping ship in time before Emperor released. Don't know why people forget so easily that you were still game designer when it was started though...
>>
>>560378
Polynesians at least had megalith construction and boats
>>
>>560378
I always felt like Maoris were missing from the game, and I think the conquest of New Zealand is more in line with how that colonization should go, while also giving you the chance as Maoris to do bignig shit. But yeah, the whole thing with the Aboriginals is ridiculous, if there were going to be playable tags it should have been 3 - 4 max scattered around. Makes no sense to depict Australian Aboriginals on any form of national organization the way they have in this, and their presence is very marginal compared to what happened in other places of colonization.
>>
>>560221
Hobbes was descriptive, not prescriptive.
He said as far as he could see a centralised Monarchy was the most efficient form of government, as long as the King wasn't a fuckwit. He went on to say that if the King was a fuckwit, civil war was an inevitable consequence, and that civil war while inevitable was fucking horrific and worse than the worst king. There was a reason both sides of the English Civil War wanted him to shut up.
>>
>>560367
Being fair, 3 buttons that worked and self-masochistic punishing of blobbers is better than 42 broken monuments.

>>560409
He's a scot. Not much better, but still not a sw*de
>>
they add shit like maori or negroborigens or some shitty islanders nobody even know care where are those
and yet still no maris /komis /mordvins

also zulus fuckin where
>>
>>560369
>abos were even less organized
Debunked, study says otherwise
>>
>>559341
>company policy
But why?
>>
>>560697
>shitty islanders
But majapahit is certified kino
>>
>>560715
I think he means shit like the tonga and the 4 hawaiian minors
>>
>>560697
>literal stoneage abos get nations
>ironage Zulu aren't
Bravo Johan. You've outdone yourself
>>
Okay so you're all mad, same as last week. What about the features though

I understand this exp is supposed to make a build-tall strategy more interesting or viable, any annoying launch issues aside, is there any promise to this or no?
>>
>>560696
>He's a scot.
Nope, he applied for and was granted the Swedish citizenship a good while ago (before covid). He's a Swede *by choice*, which is worse than a regular Swede in my book. And since he went full-time into streaming his job is essentially location-independent, yet he *chooses* to live in Stockholm.
>>
>>558809
I can’t believe Johan made thousands of guys his bitch
>>
>>558809
who the fuck is buying at this point
just pirate their shit
>>
>>560743
It's broken and Paradox doesn't understand what "playing tall" means
>>
>>560877
people who dont know how to pirate.
>>
the abbo stuff is pretty much sci fi/fantasy. they were pretty much barely human.

psychohistory.com books chapte...
Web results
Chapter 7: Child Abuse, Homicide, and Raids in Tribe

google that
>>
>>560885
thanks as always for the detail and insight, /vst/
>>
File: 1597656656323.png (129 KB, 483x238)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>560743
Leviathan is the single worst reviewed item on Steam. It's even lower than C&C4. It's so comically shit that they had to delete their apology for releasing it, presumably to write an even deeper apology. This new spanish team really has no clue what they are doing--they accidentally gave some new missionary strength policy a value of "1" in the script when it should have been "0.01". You can get Beijing to over 100 dev before even unpausing. Some icons are still using placeholders.

But I do think there is some underlying promise to the new features, it's just that we'll just have to wait a long time before the game is playable again since they did exactly 0 QA.
>>
is this paradox's Waterloo?
>>
>>560714
Nta, but because even the most incompetent moron can handle any sort of "changes" in trade mechanics, if trade is in current form: rigid, set in stone routes with fixed directions and fixed borders and ranges of each node. There is literally nothing to worry about, because all the changes to it are about switching values and modifers.
On top of that, it's fool-proof. Imagine if, say, Ming started to pull trade from India toward China. Europe is left with fucking NOTHING, since the whole trade right now depends on multiplicating of values passed down over each node, and local development. If you have it all set in stone, you can just shrug, because whatever AI will do, it won't fuck up the "flow" toward Europe, on which half of game economy depends (Europe is incapable of living off own trade without it being force-feed from outside even prior to colonisation).
Don't believe it? Play as either Ming or someone big in India and simply block trade frow toward Europe. Then observe the clusterfuck. But it's much easier to pull as Ming, really.
>>
>>560980
No, this is Paradox's Stalingrad: a looooong campaign of attrition by people who had no means to be affected by attrition in the first place, fought for no real goal.
>>
>>560367
j*ke's damage to eu4 is another testament why aberdeen should be nuked thrice and salted thoroughly afterwards
>>
>>560833
Obsessed.
>>
Kkkkkk
>>
>>560367
why the fuk do the otomans control constantinople in that map?
>>
>>560367
Unironically who/10? Never gave two shits about any of the devs personally.
>>
>>560690
Hobbes was first and foremost a moron
>>
>>561025
They don't, the map is just much more accurate than EU4s oversized provinces. It was really only the city behind the walls left to Byzantium.
>>
>this thread is a carbon copy of >>552575
>stays up all day

>i make a thread calling out Paradox with individual points for discussion
>it gets deleted/warned fast because logo was similar to another thread on a completely different topic

Well at least my point was proven. Paradox owns the whole fucking community, kek.
>>
>>560697
Zulus didn’t come about until the 1700s
Also
>Shitty islanders
Polynesians are cool dude, they got boats and stuff.
Avis being in the game is still pants on head retarded
>>
>>561109
Abos* Not avis
>>
>>561103
Post an archive link, I'll give it a read.
>>
>>560690
i think he is pretty obviously correct there
>>
>>561095
according to a book I read, just before the Ottomans began besieging Constantinople in 1453, the Empire only extended THREE DAYS ride from the city.
>>
>>558828
>finally they are getting negative reviews. the fall of the evil paracocks empire has begun
I bought it yesterday and it crashed so I'll just wait a week or two. I don't care because only Johann and the DLC factory make these dumb autistic games.
>>
File: PDS_QA.png (39 KB, 714x250)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>
>>558809
rating has dropped from MOSTLY NEGATIVE to "OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE", 12% positive, kino
>>
>>559085
>free
>>
>>561185
ok sure.. but why would you PAY? there are plenty of other people willing to go full whale mode on these games, and they are overpriced to the point of scammery. you are a cuck if you give paradox money for the kind of business that they are running over there.
>>
>>559062
>-Map changes nobody except autistic retard asked for.
>-New flavor for irrelevant shitty nations that nobody asked for.
You couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>559085
>free
>>
>>560352
someone tell this faggot that managing the land so as to not overgather and marking good spots for when you return from seasonal migration is something birds, apes and other literal animals do
>>
>>561109
zulus didn't migrate into SA until the 1700's (literally part of the timeline of the game btw) but they were still ironworking and 100000x more relevant to what was going on in central africa and therefore the game than abos
>>
fuck paradox i hope they go out of bizness
>>
>>558809
As long as people keep throwing money at paradox they have no reason to change anything
>>
>>561284
>Their reports and quality verdicts are regularly ignored
why do they even hire these people if they're just going to ignore them
>>
>>561663
To tell shareholders you have QA people
>>
>>558835
People even shit on CK3, despite being actually decent. Other than their DLC jewry, paradox is probably the best company out there, still producing decent games.
>>
>>559946
He should be teabagged on stream on his way out
>>
>>561681
Based post.
>>
File: 1619559174208.png (302 KB, 1212x1072)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>
How did they go from Emperor, maybe the best DLC that reworked the most needed reworks, to this?
>>
>>561761
they did it so when they announce EU5 everyone will cheer them as saviours to the franchise
>>
>>561735
>spend half his time sucking on johan's knob
>and the other half insulting strawmen he made in his head
These are the kind of people they don't ban over there.
>>
>>561735
obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>559289
that was el risitas last words
>>
>>561735
kek
>>
>>561406
$20 is nothing.
>>
>youtuber I watch for guides shilled it
>unsubbed, marked channel not as interested
He said he shilled because it was good metrics. Very cool.
>>
>>561681
>>561722
>>561735
Giffica pls go
>>
>>559085
>free
>>
>>561456
But brooo, they do controlled fires and they also have a shitty religion that makes zero sense!
>>
>>561681
Everyone posting in this thread has several thousand hours in multiple Paradox games and will give them their money the next time they come around to collect.

Doesn't mean these business practices are shitty, but these people are full of shit if they say they don't like Paradox games.
>>
>>562027
i hope you motherfuckers at least have the good sense to pirate this garbage. eating shit is one thing. paying money for the right to eat shit is another.
>>
>>560697
not defending paracucks, but komis and udmurts are represented with uralic culture
>>
Low key this is the best patch in a long ass fucking time. The one before the hotfix of course. Do you guys remember, when giving Kyoto to subject gave infinite monarch points? Now, it’s like that. You play as horde, take a province, raze it, then release a vassal and consolidate development, then break vassal and fight him again 20 year later to raze him again. And that’s not even mentioning the 100% missionary strength or the fucking kino monuments like Granada and mentesh. I’m gonna have a lot of fun with it
>>
>>562058
Why don't you just shill your fucking channel, Siu-King.
>>
>>562058
Fuck off chink
>>
File: 20210428215655_1.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1080)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>558809
I can't believe they are still hocking DLC for this game.
I recently started replaying EU3 and have gotten hooked to it again. All the queries I've found about it when looking up X are from 10+ years ago. Feels sad man.
>>
File: Balanced DLC.png (3.14 MB, 1680x1050)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
I don't know guys, This DLC looks perfectly balanced and flawless to me.
>>
>>561681
CK3 isn't decent, it needs dozens of mods to be playable and even then it only takes a few hours of play time to all fall apart.
>>
>>560233
Most of the DLCs have focused on a particular region or nation of the world alongside more universal mechanics updates, Leviathan is just the one for SEA and the Pacific. Emperor was Catholic Europe, Mandate of Heaven was East Asia, Dharma was India, etc.
>>
>>561735
It really reads like infamous "Leave Britney alone" video.
>>
>>561045
He was an achievement hunter (first person to get The Three Mountains, I think) that Paradox hired to be EU4's lead developer because they for some reason thought knowing how to break the game meant you knew how to make it.
>>
>>562222
>because they for some reason thought knowing how to break the game meant you knew how to make it.
This is actually a sound strategy if you are looking for ways to save money and manpower. Assumption is that if you sit a power gamer to your game while it's still in development, he will spot exploits before it is published. A playtest without actual play-testing.
Same reason why they've gave a free copy of CK3 to SpiffingBrit - he did better playtest for them, and for fucking free, than their own bunch of half-wits tasked with "playtesting" (read: checking if the DLCs will work together, rather than actual testing the game)
>>
>>562208
Do yourself a favour and play CK2.
No, not with DLCs. The most vanilla, DLC-less experience with CK2 you can get. Paradox even made the game free on Steam.
Then you can return and apologise for being a fucking moron sprouting bullshit.
>>
>>560697
>>561109
There should be Bantu migration events desu.
>>
>>562244
Sure but he wasn't hired to do QA, they literally made him the lead designer and director.
>>
>>562246
>game released in 2012 is worse than game released in 2020
imagine my shock.
>>
>>561675
Did you read all of it? It also says QA's main purpose is to be the scapegoat who gets all the blame.
>>
>>562263
>Hire QA
>Dont listen to them when they say the game is wack.
>Release game and blame them when the game gets shitty reviews for being wack.
>Fire them
Many such cases.
>>
>>562252
you’re missing his point. ck2 locked everything behind paywalls. you can’t even play as Muslims or Pagans without buying two separate DLCs. it’s an ok model now that it’s free to play, but completely unacceptable for a paid game
i haven’t bought ck3 and don’t really plan to, but it looks like it has plenty of features
>>
>>562324
plenty of features but zero flavor
>>
>>561894
That's not bait.
That's a full-blown effort post.
>>
>>559085
Even if leviathan were free, "hurr it's free" is not an argument.
Go be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
What the fuck is so op about Granada’s project? These fucking bastards nerfed absolutism. Before you got 10 more admin efficiency. So really Granada’s project just gives 5 admin efficiency. The new Granada project gives you a DEFICIT of 5 admin efficiency
>>
>>560972
this >>560920
but unironically.

that's embarrassing, sounds like there's no way for anyone to gauge whether the intended features and functions are any good in this state. oh well, I'm usually cool with a little launch jank but this is probably too much.
>>
>>558809
>steam review has dropped from 12% positive to 10%
Nice, not sure how you they managed, half of their base are completely wet blankets that will defend them no matter what
All they had to is to not break the game.
>>
>>562741
>All they had to is to not break the game.
Johan is not afraid of anything.
>>
>>560367
Shouldn't have left the skype krew Jake. Look how far you've fallen.
>>
>>562058
>t. Siu-King

Go conquer the world with the Kamchadals or something, faggot
>>
>>560188
Bunch of Tranny morons*
>>
Fill me in on why everybody hates johann? I don’t follow paradogs e celeb drama
>>
>>562854
He's responsible for several things including the EU4 mana addiction, basegame Imperator Rome, the Emperor expansion, and this current one, Leviathan
>>
>>558827
>>559162
What are people ditching EUIV for? I heard Victoria 2 is having a surprise rise in popularity, is that what EUIV is getting ditched for?

>>559009
Fans keep asking for the AI to be improved but get feature creep instead. This isn't just an EUIV problem but a Paradox problem in general, I have HOI4 in mind in particular when saying this
>>
>>562859
Why the fuck do they keep these dogshit guys? Paradox is constantly getting humbled by modders who make better shit in less time, why don’t they capture some of them and put them on the team?
>>
>>558828
>finally
They had their wake up call with Imperator: Rome's launch, but I guess they went back to sleep afterward

>>561185
>I'll just buy it at launch and wait for a year for them to fix it
>not like I have a choice, the updates don't function without the DLC
Amazing how Paradox is basically back where they were 10 years ago with their DLC policy despite all the "progress" made in that time
>>
>>562248
I think he was responsible for that disaster of golden century
>>
>>562865
For better or worse, Johan is the mind behind Paradox every gsg. I don't know what happened to him, it's like he got worse with age.
>>
>>562865
Because Johan is founder of Paradox Development Studio and calls him the inventor of "grand strategy game"-genre. He designed all old Parox games:
EU1, CK1, EU2, EU3, EU4, EU: Rome, VIC1, HOI1, HOI2, HOI3, Imperator
Johan gets away with everything because he is the top dog, like that one time, in EU4 livestream he leaked the name of unannounced DLC, and everybody around him just looked shocked in silence for few minutes, because they knew that if anybody Johan done it, they would been fired and sued
>>
>>560188
>OR they are super-smart and are actively torpedoing Johan.
Apparently his team is entirely made up of new hires who didn't have enough time to learn the ropes.
>>
Imagine not pirating all paracocks dlc ever. There is no better feeling
>>
>>562903
Do you know which stream this is? I'd like to see it.
>>
Did the new patch fix EU4?
>>
>>558809
So are all those horrible things I'm hearing about only associated with the DLC or is it part of the update as well?
>>
>>563049
It broke it. I'm not even memeing.
>>
>>563049
Not only is it still broken, it has somehow broken older versions as well.
>>
>>563055
>>563070
It made it WORSE?
>>
I've been learning Hebrew, and turns out you say Whale as 'Levitan', which sounds an awful lot like Leviathan. Pretty cool, I love linguistic connections.
>>
>>563073
It straight up broke it dude. There's high chance that your save will self-corrupt and delete all nations in 1504.
>>
>>560972
Maybe they called it Leviathan because of how monstrous these numbers are?
>>
>>563034
No, idea I don't even know what DLC it is many years ago, Wiz and DDRJake were still part of the team, they were also in that stream.
Maybe something old as Common Sense or El Dorado, regardeless, they might have even deleted that parts out
>>
>>563085

Doesn't Book of Job reference Leviathan as just a big whale that was created to show god's power? It also became a euphemism for strong government because of Thomas Hobbes.
>>
>>562027
>will give them their money the next time they come around to collect
The newest PDS game/DLC I paid money for is vanilla CK2, I almost paid money for HOI4 but couldn't be bothered to play a pirated copy of it for more than a few hours
>>
>>563109
idk bro I didn't read enlightenment literature or religious texts, but now I will go look in to it. thanks for pointing mei n the right direction!!
>>
>>562166
Hopefully the mods are still easy to get, I haven't logged into the Paradox forums in probably three years at this point so I don't know which mods you can still download. There was a mod I've wanted to try out back then that added in hypothetical landmasses from the time such as Atlantis and the Northwest Passage but I never got around to it, and by now the download links to it are probably dead because nothing on the internet is permanent
>>
>>563106
How long ago did they get rid of DDRJake? I don't follow EU4 but back when I somewhat did his name was all over everything
>>
>>563126
After Golden Century I think. So not that long ago. Sometimes during 2020.
>>
>>563141
I wonder what he did to piss them off. Or maybe he saw where things were going after Imperator and found a way out
>>
>>563141
>>563126
It was at the start of Emperor. People deify Jake because he's better than Johan but they forget he was the one who planned most of the features in Emperor in the first place that everyone claims to hate.
>>
>>563117
The majority of EU4's DLCs are named after popular texts, Art of War, El Dorado, Common Sense etc.
>>
>>563126
They didn't get rid of him, DDRJake left to develop his own game/be fulltime tuber.
I can't blame him, Paradox treats everybody like shit, and Jake has ceased to be passionate about EU4 long time ago.
>>
>>563218
>People deify Jake because he's better than Johan but they forget he was the one who planned most of the features in Emperor in the first place that everyone claims to hate.
Wiz was the best EU4 lead, newbies don't even know who he is
>>
im so happy it failed
>>
>>562902
it's almost like people's mental functions decline with time
>>
>>563266
He's not old enough to be going senile, lol
>>
>>563234
>Wiz was the best EU4 lead, newbies don't even know who he is
Has it truly been so long already? Good lord
I knew it probably wouldn't get better but I can't believe how much worse it got
>>
>>562865
>Paradox is constantly getting humbled by modders who make better shit in less time
MEIOU is dogshit and stuck in development hell lmao
>>
>>559289
It's like poetry: it wroten.
>>
>>563356
??? MEIOU is pretty good from the last time I played a campaign.
>>
>>563234
>Wiz
Damn, I completely forgot he existed
>>
>>563356
Not true actually. They're one of the more popular mods and keep about a fifth of the active player base engaged playing EU4 iirc. And in terms of development hell, it was a bug they were having that prevented them from progressing but they fixed it a month ago and are progressing well. Anyway development hell most often references titles or software which hasn't been released yet and is struggling to be developed for release, MEIOU has been released for multiple versions of EU4 and two versions of EU so I doubt you can call it development hell.
>>
>>562058
Read this in an annoyingly nasal voice.
>>
>>558827
>Literally nobody except for their own hardcore fandom is still playing EU4
EU4 has twice the player count of CK3
>>
Why does /vst/ and /gsg/ hate siuking? He’s my favorite streamer
>>
>>563386
I haven't tried it yet cause it doesn't appear to be updated anymore?
>>
>>560366
American natives were primitive but they did have farming, basic tools, intertribal trade etc. and could feasibly be considered half-civilized. Abbos literally didn't know how to make fire or build a simple canoe, you might as well give chimpanzees and orangutans states if you're going to give abbos one. Australia legally considered them wildlife until the 1970's for a reason.
>>
>>562865
They did. Wiz used to be a modder iirc. Stellaris still hasn't recovered from the fucking mess he made.
>>
>>563544
American natives had entire civilisations they were more than just primitive and were in the middle of their early medieval period in some places like the Mississipi. Abos tribes still mostly interwarred with each other inside the tribe talk about other tribes. The only Abos with bows were the Tasmanian ones. They're quite literally in many ways lesser than even the most bumfuck of NA tribes who'd have centralised and coordinated rulers and polities.
>>
>>563587
Not to mention Mesoamerica
>>
>>563339
>>563396
You can tell he really cared the game, but even when he was in charge, Johan felt the micromanage everything, like I recall Wiz saying that:
>he really wants to make Croatia PU with Hungary on start, and he asked Johan permission to make the change, but Johan said no without giving any other reason than "he doesn't like the idea"
>>
>>563544
Can't imagine how braindead you have to be to be regurgitating this retarded European propaganda hundreds of years later
>>
>>563726
Abos literally had nothing resembling civilization. I see no reason why they should be treated any different than the “natives” that sometimes rise up and attack your colony
>>
>>563540
They've been developing the next major update (3.0) for years and it aims to overhaul basically every system in the game
They're trying to have per-province dynamic soil fertility and regional markets for various goods and crazy shit like that
If it ever comes out it might well be the greatest mod ever made for any game, but well, we'll see
>>
>>563747
Yes, you already proved you are still deepthroating European propaganda, no point in continuing
>>
>>563793
Then explain the truth.
>>
>>563750
It's literally been 1 year and a bit. Even proper dev teams have been slowed down by the coof so they're surprisingly on track.
>>
>>563726
At least call it British propaganda instead of lumping in everyone with pale fucking skin and non-slanted eyes- oh wait that's the point isn't it
>>
>>563803
For real? Damn it feels like a longer, probably because this is almost the only thing in gaming I'm actually looking forward too.
I heard they overcame some sort of major bug or issue that was holding up development recently so that's exciting
If they manage to actually implement half the shit in the dev diaries (and make colonization fucking work), I'll be overjoyed
>>
>>563750
how much RAM power do i need to download for this mod to run properly
>>
>>563886
>>
File: ab.png (252 KB, 287x528)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>Australian provinces have as much development as mid-sized European provinces
>Aboriginals have the same tech level as Mesoamericans and Incas
>Australia is more developed than the Incan Empire
>They can easily reach tech level similar to Europe

I guess we can forget about Australia getting colonized by the AI lol

Why does Paradox have such a boner for Australia?
>>
>>559147
>He fucked up Imperator completely
Did he leave and is that why I:R is actually a decent game now?
>>
>>563934
Abos were added as an afterthought. Which actually shows, because they did nothing unique for the Polynesians and Maori in comparison because they were just ripped from a dev's mod, whereas the abos got a religion tailored for them, new Native American tribal shit, and missions to go conquering all the way up to China and Japan.
It's just so comically fucking stupid, and you know they aren't going to walk it back, so colonization in Australia will just be fucked because abos will swallow up whichever colonial nations form and form Australia themselves, all the while being superior to parts of the Americas.
>>
>>560409
redill me on jake
Im relatively new to EU4 so I donyt really know about the hijinks of the devs before like 2019
All I know I daddy johan was allowed to make his own team to develop eu4 from now on and its been a disaster so far, fuck If I know how since he made the fucking game
>>
>>563970
yes, paradox handed imperator's reins to a newbie called arrheon, who likes to experiment with shit and actually listens to the costumers
>>
>>563862
Yeah, a major bug in the defines. PDX changed something so they had to search all the files and find what changed. It was about a month ago and progress has sped up as a result.
>>
>>563886
Test if you can run the currently released version. The new version ostensibly is a good bit faster than that.
>>563934
> Australian provinces have as much development as mid-sized European provinces
The rest is stupid but this is par for course. All the non-colonised world has slightly high dev values, it's to represent their development for when they et colonised e.g. where Chicago is decent dev in 1444 for if any power is able to colonise it. Why they choose to do so idk but it's modus operandi.
>>
is it just me or did the latest patch really hit the game's performance? I'm struggling to keep things at speed 4 all of a sudden.
>>
>>562864
>I heard Victoria 2 is having a surprise rise in popularity
probably because of they hype behind a potential vic3 announcement at pdxcon
Imagine if they announce eu5 instead...
>>
>>562326
more flavor than ck2 base game thats for sure, it was a shallow clusterfuck and almost as bad as CK1, in comparison ck3 released surprisingly decently
>>
>>562859
>EU4 mana addiction
didnt he make EU? He of all people should have know mana is an atrocious idea, one of the reasons I hate EU4
>>
>>563972
Every thing he did was to nerf expansion of any kind so he was the Jesus of /vsg/
>>
>>563750
I'm guessing there being slowed down by the DLC releases as well.
>>
>>559081
>They didn't have game this good upon release since dunno, EU2?
CK2 is the dividing line between dumpster fire releases and the modern playable games. Games like Heart of Iron 1 were almost unplayable upon release. Paradox didn't really get their shit sorted until some time around Vicky 2 and EU3. Upon release CK2 didn't fucking CTD on launch and didn't have bizarre game breaking bugs like HOI3's supply issues. EU4, CK2, March of the Eagles and HOI4 may be somewhat spartan on release compared to their predecessors but they actually fucking worked.
>>
>>564020
I don't know about that one. PLus how is vic 2's all time peak that low?
>>
>>564070
Was it even on steam for initial release?
>>
>>558809
So is the problem that it's a buggy unfinished mess or is the problem actually inherent in what the DLC adds?
Because if it's just buggy you could just wait for a patch
>>
this shit has to be intentional
>>
>>564096
The did it so Johan can shill EU5 at the upcoming convention and be called the savior of EU
I don't know how many of you buy paradoxshit but remember to always pirate anything that Johan put his hands on
>>
>>563971
I guess abos are basically the Sunset Invasion of EU4 now. Is that part of the Majapahit update or part of Leviathan?
>>
>>564082
>>564070
It wasn't.
>>
>>564117
> Pay
> For any PDX game
Anon, I...
Aside from CK3 which I bought cause I wanted to mod from the get-go and I practically never play I don't think I've ever bought a PDX game directly from them or steam. And even CK3 I got from G2A
>>
>>564214
Literally no one gives a shit
>>
>>564219
My mum does so it's a-okay. Anyway, my point was don't pay lmao.
>>
>>564214
How do I unsubscribe from your blog?
>>
>>564240
You don't. Remember you're here forever.
>>
right click game in steam
properties
betas
run 1.30.6

now will you all stop bitching?
>>
>>564294
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>564294
The initial hotfix to fix error broke reverting and a lot of people are having problems doing so with crashes everpresent.
>>
>Retard who released imperator in charge
kek
>>
File: pinkwojak.png (817 KB, 808x805)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
>>558809
I hate johan and jake so fucking much bros.
>>
>>562058
Siu-King Sama... i kneel.
>>
Maybe this is a message to stop wasting our lives on this stuff.
>>
>>564437
Cuck.
>>
>>560352
They worked out Australia likes being on fire. They often used it to flush game out of the bush land. That was the extent of their 'land management'. They were so fucking primitive they couldn't even build huts. Everyone else had worked out that shit but not them.

And don't give us this one with nature shit. They hunted half the species in this country to extinction. We'd have an even weirder collection of animals if not for them.
>>
>>564467
The Victorian ones were building weirs
>>
>>562166
>goes back to EU3
patrician taste, a man of quality, substance over style.
>>
>>559068
Fuck third rome and the giant fucking I win buttons. That's where I got out.
>>
>>560233
It's a sea monster. Where do those people live? In the sea!
>>
>>560378
They literally have anarchic tribes now.

No reason any natives we know of shouldn't be represented.

The real problem is that they don't get roflstomped
>>
>>562166
>those borders

Put it back in its grave.
>>
>>561963
which faggot was it?
>>
>>564093
Mostly bugs, but also shitty balance (monuments were insanely busted before the first patch, and even now some of them are still huge), and terrible decisions (adding all these fucking primitive tags), and some in-between game balance and game design (centralize dev & pillage capital will keep get you 100-dev in your capital every 50-100 years, unless they rework the whole thing massively).

For years now they hammered down the blobbing gameplay, only to suddenly make it super-appealing by giving you huge objectives in the form of monuments, and constant positive feedback through pillage capitals of your target's allies.
>>
>/vst/ felt for >>>559009 bait
never change /vst/, never change.
>>
>>563595
Well they did it finally in 1.30.
>>
>>565253
indeed, it only took several years
>>
>>559009
>>561681
>>562058
Is /vst/ the easiest board to bait? It's even worse than /sp/.
>>
>>560713
>Debunked, (((study))) says otherwise
>>
So, which subhuman "country" received the most ludicrously OP mission tree to exploit?
>>
File: Untitled.png (795 KB, 867x445)
795 KB
795 KB PNG
>>562170
>>
>>565481
>le funni S U S
also you stile from pic from dragoon
>>
i cant believe abbos are a nation? is there pygmy, khoi san, papuan or negrito nations also? lol wtf those groups are barely even human. look at genetic distance charts

it would be more realistic to add like bigfoot or yeti nations.
>>
>>562247
This. a Bantu dlc fits the time period petfect and allows for organized chiefdoms, trade, religion etc

but the very idea of the Bantu not really being "native" to most of southern Africa is probably not something Paradox wants to bring up lol
>>
>>560249
Fucking kek. Troons and shitskins btfo
>>
>>564462
At least I wouldn't be getting cucked by johan like you are now
>>
>>568000
You can and everyone here, on reddi,t in the forums and Paradox Tinto encourage and support you on this.
>>
Yeah but how much new content was there? I want to know how much it will delay M&T 3.0.
>>
>>561284
My dad works at QA for an advertising agency... and it's literally the exact same thing. This isn't just a Paradox problem; it's just a problem with QA as a whole.
>>
Just started colonizing the east coast. A ton of provinces were up towards 80 dev. What the fuck. Do I really have to prioritize diplo and influence ideas as france? No way I'll keep the lib desire down late game when new france has 800 dev alone.
>>
>>568482
>My dad works at QA
my condolences
>>
>>563294
And yet he's showing signs
>>
>>565481
Amogus
>>
>>565481
sus
>>
File: 1588916485574.jpg (55 KB, 660x400)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>559009
>you get better technology with magic mana
>your shitty siberian wasteland can become a huge metropolis with magic mana
>you get new generals and admirals with magic mana
>you increase your mercantilism with magic mana
>you integrate recently conquered provinces with magic mana
>you commit genocide with magic mana
>you decrease your inflation with magic mana
>you increase the stability of your nation with magic mana
>battles often last several months when in reality they usually did not even last a full day
>forts arbitrarily blocks entrance to certain provinces forcing you to take long unrealistic routes to go around them
>linear mission trees (the old dynamic system was much better)
>cringy hoi4-tier althistory missions
>arbitrary religious flavour that can easily be rebranded and applied to most other religions ingame (for instance, the copts get buffs for controlling holy sites, a concept that is applied to all religions in ck2)
>a retarded golden age mechanic that makes no sense whatsoever
>you can only have an arbitrarily limited amount of diplomatic relations which includes vassals and royal marriages
>no dynastic tree or anything so getting an heir is almost completely at random
>also, with the lack of a dynastic tree, you will never be in a position where you don't have any siblings to marry off
I could go on, but you get the point.
>>
>>563793
>still hasn’t explained how the other anon was wrong a day later
>>
>>563793
If you haven't noticed all tags in EU4 have an army, i.e. they are capable of putting up organized resistance to any foreign invaders. The Abos did not have that in any way. They did some sporadic disorganized attacks, but they never posed a real danger to the foreigners who settled in their land.
North American tribes, certain South American tribes, the Maori, and even some peoples like the Xhosa that do not currently have their own tag, did put up proper resistance and posed a serious threat to European settlers that had to be overcome through long bloody wars.
Whether they were close to these peoples in terms of civilization I don't know, and frankly I don't really care, but I do not see the point of adding them as organized states with organized armies to a game that has warfare as one of its core aspects.
And this isn't exactly European propaganda, look it up for yourself. The Australian frontier "wars" is nothing compared to the Indian Wars.
>>
>>568520
I haven't played the patch, but I read that development is mostly "tribal development", and the real dev of the province is probably the same as before. So when you conquer those tribal natives the province will back to like 10 or something.
>>
>>569918
>>570552
It is questionable that Australian aboriginals should've been added to the game, yes. Saying "Abos literally had nothing resembling civilization", "Abbos literally didn't know how to make fire or build a simple canoe" and "you might as well give chimpanzees and orangutans states if you're going to give abbos one" is still European propaganda meant to devalue these people's culture and justify their genocide, and it's embarrassing that it still gets parroted to this day
>>
>>570677
100 ml of petrol has been added to your account
>>
There are some decent ideas in Leviathan but none of that matters when it shipped with multiple gamebreaking bugs and severe balance issues - you expect the balance issues with paradox but not the CTDs and missing text and such.
I unironically like what they were trying to do with the native american revamp.
>>
>>570677
>Devalue their culture
Hard to devalue something that didn't have much worth in the first place. I just wish we could stop this relativism bullshit where we pretend every culture is just as viable as every other.
>>
>>570714
Kek.
>>
>>570727
And who gets to decide what value a culture has, and on what basis, faggot? Certainly not the genocidal states in Europe, and the people still spreading their ideas today.
>>
>>570746

>He types, in English

Nobody needs to decide when a culture is superior. These things sort themselves out.
>>
>>570746
>And who gets to decide what value a culture has
the avergge person
>and on what basis
through reasonable debate about morals/ideology
>Certainly not the genocidal states in Europe
who were some of the first few cultures to pioneer the abolition of slavery and inaliable human rights, before spreading it to the rest of the world (not in a colonial sense, but in a literary sense. be reasonable)
>and the people still spreading their ideas today.
yes, fuck those evil UN oppressors and their "human rights violations" bullshit. what do they know about true culture?
>>
>>561284
I'm making a guess here, but paradox probably has little or no automated tests. I would be surprised if they even have unit tests for all their features. They probably get their testers to run all the same tests every release with nothing automated, bad of course they wouldn't hire enough testers since they're a shit company.
>>
>>570677
abbos had, by any definition, nothing resembling civilization
unless you want to devalue that term to include any society (which is incorrect)
>>
>>570677
oh fuck off you faggot
>>
>>570746
Oh shut the fuck up.

go live with the abbos you cuck
>>
>>570815
>the avergge person
The average person has no business deciding this, just like the average person has no business running a country or performing medicinal work
>>
>>570677
You've already conceded the only point necessary, which is that abos being added were a meme.
Also yes, Australian Aboriginals have nothing resembling civilization. Civilization existed in the Americas, it existed in Subsaharan Africa, and even steppeniggers in Asia had civilization. But Australian Aboriginals have nothing meeting the qualification for civilization. Nor are they persistent adversaries in history to colonizers, as opposed to the Native American tribes that might not all meet the all the criteria of civilization but were frequent adversaries of colonizers and had enough of a structure to be considered a "civilization" of sorts.
Your bumblefuck Aboriginal tribe could have "culture," but when you are talking about the average organizational level of the Aboriginals compared to just about every other part of the world in this timeframe, even with tribes in North America or Africa, there is no equivalence. They have no contact with more advanced civilizations, either, unlike some of those other tribes in other areas of the globe. They are literally no better than the rest of the uncolonized provinces. At the point that you make Aboriginal countries, you may as well make North Sentinel its own country, because it's about the same fucking thing, and at that point there may as well be no such thing as an "uncolonized province" because the bar is so low that you cannot justify blank provinces on the map.
>>
>>570969
>You've already conceded the only point necessary, which is that abos being added were a meme.
I was never arguing that to begin with. And you can't even understand the meaning of the word culture, the most basic concept necessary to have this discussion to begin with
>>
>>570979
I understand it enough to know that Aboriginals have culture, like anyone else on the planet. That's why there's so many different tribes and languages in Australia and New Guinea. The label "Aboriginal" is about as broad as "European" or "Asian."
But whatever they had accomplished in the thousands of years on the continent, it amounted to not being anywhere near organized enough to be considered political entities on the map.
>>
File: 1485443433789.jpg (25 KB, 624x628)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>
>>559289
Not gonna lie, 1.30 patch made me uninstall the game and cured my addiction. Thanks PDX!
>>
>>570969
>steppeniggers in Asia had civilization
They had some of the most advanced medieval civilizations due to their proximity to the regional cultural powerhouses of Persian and Chinese groups.
>>
>>570990
>Aboriginals have culture
Spoken like somebody who has zero personal experience.
Not only are they uncultured, they are the most retarded "people" on the planet (except for certain breeds of nigger).
When the British colonists arrived, Abos still didn't know how babby is formed.
Oh, and the Tasmanian Abos went extinct partially because they forgot how to make fire (no, seriously).
>>
>>571364
See >>563726
>>
>>571377
Tell me more about how you wuz kangz, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>562248
>hiring a random power gamer to be game director
That is absurd. No wonder from the moment you boot up the game you are hearing tacky power metal that clashes with its theme. But this also implies that they have never had real game directors, most likely just lead programmers filling that role.

Grand strategy is a complete joke of a subgenre. And yet autists will think it's the peak of strategy gaming. It's the complete bottom of the barrel. In strategy proper you had geniuses among geniuses designers like Sid Meier leading games. In GSG you have fucking min-max fans leading games. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>570746
I wish someone would genocide your family.
>>
>>571386
>he downloaded the meme dlc
>>
>>571386
I have a classic music mod installed, every time I fire up the game Ode to Joy plays
>>
>>565481
How?
>>
File: 1557641575699.jpg (8 KB, 249x249)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>561735
>use steam achievement manager
>now can say i have the same "hard ironman achievements" he does
>>
>>559009
>this patch will get balanced in a month
you mean like with Emperor? Oh, wait, that DLC and its patch have never been fixed.
>>
>>566951
>but the very idea of the Bantu not really being "native" to most of southern Africa is probably not something Paradox wants to bring up lol
I never realized this but now when you say it, it does make snese.
>>
>>570677
>It is questionable that Australian aboriginals should've been added to the game, yes
Australian settlement occurred in 1788. Even though it's typically discovered and colonised earlier in EU4 that doesn't justify the need for them to be added there over Native American and African tribes, like >>570552 saaid
>European propaganda
Nice bait. Like >>563851 said
And like >>563799 and >>569693 say, explain how you are correct
>devalue these people's culture and justify their genocide
Clearly you don't live here to understand how the Aboriginies are treated as nothing more than a political tool.
The establishment talks ad nauseam about aboriginal rights at a narcissistic level all the while they say and do little, if anything, to address their self-destructive habits
>>
>>570677
It's all true, in a sane world they would be treated like a subspecies that branched off a hundred thousand years back. I don't hate them either, I am just bemused at people desperately trying to say they are the same species.
>>
>>573276
>destructive habits
They're good boys, they didn't didgeridoo nothin'.
>>
>>560249
based tranimeposter
>>
>>573287
See >>563726
>>
>>559059
Silence drone.
>>
>>573355
kys you niggerloving faggot
>>
>>558809
I haven't played eu4 in years, what's the controversy?
>>
>>573801
brown people are playable now so chuds seethe
>>
>>573803
Multiple posts ITT have pointed out that said effort spent misrepresenting the Aboriginals of Australia would've been better allocated to the Bantu tribes and West Africans and maybe even if possible love shown to South America for once. You shouldn't misconstrue it as seething about brown people but disappointment over misapplied ideas and incorrect historical organisation attribution.
>>
>>573801
In terms of the actual controversy, the main issue is a simply unfinished, untested, unbalance and buggy release of both this latest patch and the DLC that accompanied it. Multiple missing assets, broken features both in terms of their game balance and in terms of actually working, broken additions leading to issues like the multi-thousand dev'd provinces everyone's posting to god-given country leaders with comically broken stats and the fact that a lot of said issues could be solved and observed if one just boots up the game and plays 5 years signals the complete lack of listening to QA. With this latest patch, the game crashes on 1504 if you lack the Conquest of paradise DLC. Add to the fact the DLC's features were viewed as lacklustre and a money grab beforehand and you'll get consumer discontent and a lot of it.
>>
>>559068
First cracks appeared with Common Sense / Cossacks
I believe institutions and new fort system rework should've been left for EU V
>>
>>562248
This, he would've been amazing embedded qa or MAYBE even junior designer helping other designers, but making him design lead is straight up retarded
>>
>>573983
When will EUV happen?
>>
>>559059
>>558828
>Paradox games
>Grand strategy
>Let alone even just strategy

Where's the strategy, where is the 'grandness'? It's just map painting with no gameplay.
>>
>>573803
oh fuck off retard
>>
File: great.png (3.91 MB, 1897x1063)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB PNG
>been away for a week
>come back
>v1.31.2.0
kek what happened
>>
>>574571
Welcome to EU4
>>
>>558809
>people pay for paradox products
why
>>
Idk what everybody is seething about, I’ve been playing 1.31 without any of the hot fixes and my game has been fine. I’m enjoying the 15% admin efficiency and 10% discipline too
>>
>>562333
Woah, trying too hard there.
Last warning.
>>
>>574992
come back to us after you reload a save where an AI used concentrate development
>>
>patch was supposed to remove force vassalize from humiliation cb
>ended up removing it from all cbs

bravo paradox
>>
>>575057
I feel like this DLC has demonstrated that there's something seriously wrong with Paradox, like, not to the usual extent that everyone shitposts about, but more like shit like them literally making up devs that don't exist in order to create an illusion that they're more productive, well-staffed and organized than they actually are while in reality their studio consists of like 2 dozen employees
>>
>>575047
I’m at 1700 in my ottotan game and have had no problems, except for the fact that the new countries don’t have waifu universalis avatars
>>
>>575106
Making up devs?
>>
>>573803
Abos are not people.
>>
>>573852
not only that but
>some of the DLC promised feature weren't even in the box until the latest patch
notably Natives building boats: that wasn't a thing until 1.32
>>
>>562246
Been there, done that. Before I pirated the DLC I had many fun campaigns in vanilla including a Norman Sicily -> Byzantine Emperor after two crusades for Thrace and Jerusalem (after Thrace and Anatolia fell to Jihads) and pic related, creating a proto-Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth starting in 1337.
>>
File: 20190819152505_1.jpg (1.26 MB, 2560x1440)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>575792
forgot about the actual pic.
>>
File: mscapitialistj.jpg (216 KB, 900x1200)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
this is the moderator of paradoxplaza btw
>>
>>576102
there's something poetic about mrcapitalist, one of the most retarded moderators on pdxplaza ending up a tranny
>>
File: ObvBait.png (584 KB, 2983x1777)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>562327
The guy later posted something that literally had to be satire or w/e
>>
>>576102
There's absolutely no way I could tell this is a man.
>>
Going to pirate the dlcs and try unify asia as japan. Which version should I use?
>>
>>576197
1.29.6 for the last version before big fuck up
1.30.4 if you don't mind mercs not working and constant AI debt
1.25.1 if you like it the old way
>>
>>576214
for 1.30.4 use better AI mod, it solved the constant AI debt problem
>>
>>576197
>>576253
In case you don't mind mods here is necessary stuff for 1.30.4 to work properly.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2373820189
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2325970059
>>
>>563886
I have 8 gigs and an i5-4460s and it runs fine
>>
>>576197
1.31.0 for the insane jank.

I swear it's like some 12-years-old modder got his hand on the game and put in all the stupid shit he could think of. It's great.
>>
>>576190
Idk, it's true enough. Federation being broken would be like docking rights, trade conflicts and coastal batteries being broken. It's look bad, but who gives a fuck about this useless shit anyway?
>>
File: WEWUZKANGZ.jpg (883 KB, 1920x1080)
883 KB
883 KB JPG
natives before evil whitey came and stole their mind powers
>>
File: wewuz.png (1.96 MB, 989x748)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
>>576361
>>
>>576102
>say you're going to be inclusive and hire women to your company
>hire men LARPing as women instead
>actual femoids left in the dust
covertly redpilled
>>
>>576361
WTF? Since when do primitive nations have estates?
>>
>>576361
Is that an AI opm with 97 dev? insane
>>
what a dumpster fire. just as bad as cyberpunk2077, even normies are joking how bad it is. i heard a coworker say "did you hear how bad the new EU dlc is?"
>>
>>569345
>linear mission trees (the old dynamic system was much better)
CANT AGREE MORE, sure the new hoi4 focuses give you shit to plan for, but if you play a crappy nation (which you should do) all you get is generic focus tree with no content. Reflecting about it the game really went to shit after that version
>>
>>576377
>Using an European propaganda piece as a way of making a point about natives being poor
Literally retarded lmao
>>
>>570864
Nope, PDX quality assurance are their stupid cuck customers that pay for the privilege of playing buggy shit, then submitting bug reports for it. Some of them even do it for thousands of hours (for free).
>>
>>577238
>bro you posted a meme, you retard
you got me
>>
>>573289
lel
>>
>>573801
Paradox adding new ''''''nations''''' for free that you will never play with and adding new ''''''features''''''' to make you buy the overpriced and buggy DLC
>>
>>558809
> It now has 7% positive reviews
Is there any game as of late that Paradox hasn't ruined with their greed or incompetence?
>>
File: suprise buttsex.png (19 KB, 149x61)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>558835
stellaris federations was ok.
>>
>>575150
paradox tinto is a front organisation for the swedish mob
>>
>>577538
CK3
>>
>>577588
No.

It added shit that nobody uses, because playing as anything but a genocidal empire is so fucking tedious you're gonna give up before 100 years.
>>
>>575106
The feeling I get is that a lot of their programmers can only copypaste code and change some things around. Which is why DLCs are mostly all very mechanically simple, they don't have the skill to create
>>
>>577922
That and they literally cant make ambitious mechanics since the engine is so old it probably cant handle it either.
>>
>>577946
They don't seem to be doing anything ambitious with CK3
>>
>>577961
They're saving the ambition for the 30$ DLC
>>
>>577961
Did they do anything new with CK3 outside of just remixing already existing mechanics from CK2? I honestly can't find any new features.
>>
File: tenor (5).gif (225 KB, 220x123)
225 KB
225 KB GIF
>>577975
>>
>>577907
Can't ruin something that was never good.
>>
>>562248
He was hired to do QA. After one year doing QA he was made designer and then another year he was made director of the entire game.
It is still incomprehensible to me how or why this happened. Weren't there employees who had been working there for decades that would have been pissed about that?
>>
>>577975
Blackmail is a new thing I guess?
>>
>>576345
>It's look bad, but who gives a fuck about this useless shit anyway?
You’re not wrong but it’s literally a scam when NA update was a selling point in their DLC.
>>
Does anybody know how to get unbanned on the Paradox forum?

When you’re banned you cannot access your account, appeal your ban
or talk to a moderator. But somehow my ban of one week got extended to October.
>>
FIFTEEN (15) bloody pounds
>>
>>577238
he says posting on the white man's internet on a white weeaboo's image board
>>
>>576404
i unironically think this if and only if those trannies are cute and not communist.
>>
>>578227
What did you say to get banned?
>>
>>578368
That’s the thing. I don’t know. I don’t remember insulting anyone so I have no clue what rule I broke.
>>
>add in literal hunter-gatherers family tribes
>they're treated as just as advanced as the people who build monumental stone cities, temples and palaces, have developed a means of turning a marsh into fertile floating farmland, have a writing system, developed city-states and empires with complex diplomacy, organised societies and social class including dedicated clergy and philosophers, and professional armies.
>the hunter-gatherers also get a ton of new missions and flavour, including retarded missions to conquer China and invade Europe while the more developed natives still use generic as shit tiny mission trees
>you're a vile racist if you suggest this is stupid
>>
>>578227
What did you get banned for?
>>
>>578524
all savages look the same to me
>>
>>578524
You forgot that those hunter-gatherers also have best units in the game on all tech levels and some of the best national ideas usually focused on easy conquest and military supremacy.
>>
>>577912
Quite literally wrong

>>578524
Europa Universalis' representation of tech is Eurocentric and extremely retarded. Using this as a way of wishing the death of millions of innocent people in real life makes you extremely retarded as well
>>
>>578791
You’re right technology is Eurocentric because Europeans invented a lot of it
>>
>>577975
The religion system is nice
The stress system makes roleplaying as your character a mechanic
>>
>>578807
Retard lol
>>
>>561735
I had found this and I had to post it jej
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIVHWsc6DmQ
>>
Since this seems to be the designated paradox thread for the day, anyone got any ideas to what the secret deal between Paradox and Epic is about?
>>
>>578852
link? im interested in reading about this
>>
The 1.24 Japan patch was the last good patch, I still play it on 1.24.
>>
>>578791
t. butthurt negroid
>>
>>578923
See >>578844
>>
>>578791
You have to go back to /his/ or official pdx forums fag.
>>
>>578983
>>578791
Calling something Eurocentric is not an argument. Explain to us why viewing technology and history through an European lens is wrong when the last 5 centuries basically were an European era of technology and world domination in both land and culture.
>>
>>579088
because white devil if you crackers had just left africa alone for a few decades we would have built wakanda
>>
>>560697
it's not that nobody cares about them you're just ignorant as shit
>>
>>579088
>Explain to us why viewing technology and history through an European lens is wrong when the last 5 centuries basically were an European era of technology and world domination in both land and culture.
You vomit this blatantly wrong shit and then expect someone to educate you on why this worldview is insanely retarded. You sound like one of those retards who don't have the nuance necessary to understand human history, who, due to playing too much EU4, think they have a grasp of how these things work. No wonder you don't see the tech system in EU4 as the Eurocentric shit it is

>>579140
See >>578844
>>
>>580140
But you haven't explained why X is blatantly wrong shit, you're just saying it is. You've given no measuring stick or frame of reference to change or add to anyone's PoV. At the very least even if "educating" us is too strenuous point people to sources and claims.
>>
Is it playable now?
Have the bugs been fixed?
>>
>>580140
>spewing anti-Eurocentric propaganda
yikes...
>>
>>580140
You're just repeating your claims. Care to offer any actual argument, historylet?
>>
>>580140
You haven't answered his question, retard.
>>
fuck paradox
fuck abos
>>
Does this shit work yet or do I have to wait another week?
>>
>>581147
Next week or month. EU4 machine still broke.
>>
I had this glorious vision for a EU5 that wouldn't sucks. No more development -or at least, not the primary factor of a province's worth- anymore. Instead a return to a population system, but without the "pop" of Imperator/Stellaris, just a number that gradually increase/decrease, and a basic breakdown of "x% townsmen, x% peasants, etc", with categories differing according to cultures and governments.

Then the integration of military in this aspect. Keep the supply limit (based on terrain, tech/gov, and slightly increasing based on population, in order to not have a hard cap in towns), make population use said supply, and it's growth a function of the difference between the supply limit and the supply used. Ex: two provinces with a supply limit of 30(k). The one with 5000 citizens will grow quickly, the one with 25000 will grow slowly. Then add in the stationed troops. If I put 20k troops on the first, the supply used is now 25000, and it will grow as slowly as the second. if I put the 20k troops on the second, I'm not at 45/30 supply, and attrition will hit both the army and the population.

And now here come the siege. Sieges were fucking disasters in medieval warfare, decimating the attacker, ruining the defender, and, if it didn't end in a surrender, the sack of the city would essentially destroy it. Instead, in EU4, you just wait a (long) time, then it flips, with a very temporary devastation penalty, and a rare sacking event that don't really do much.

So the idea would be to have siege progress, as it is now, but with events to accept/offer reddition. Rejecting the offer would force the attacker to finish the siege, with a much higher attrition than in EU4, but would also make it a guaranteed sack that would absolutly crash the province's population (even more than the siege itself).

Tell me why i'm retarded and it's a shit idea.
>>
>>581301
You just have to let it go, kid.
>>
>>581301
Yes, siege mechanics should represent how elaborate star fort sieges could become. Utterly wild shit.
>>
>>580140
Anon, you literally could have commented ANYTHING that even remotely touched on his arguments but you just chose to just say "nuh-uh! you wrong me right!" and make yourself look like a complete retard in fron of the whole class. I hope you're happy with yourself.
>>
>>559856
Retards chug every DLC that comes out so they feel the game is complete
>>
>>558809
so happy this turd bombed. get fucked you faggot ass niggers who play this trite underwhelming garbage
>>
>>558809
remember early 2000s when people could play a game worth 10$ like cs or ut without all dlc for years?

i'm hungry
>>
>>581386
>>580675
>>580234
Since you people are so desperate to be called retarded once more

>Explain to us why viewing technology and history through an European lens is wrong
You shouldn't look at other people's history through an "European lens", especially those who had little to no interaction with Europe throughout most of their history.

Your upbringing has a huge effect on the way that you think and having a fixed mindset with looking at other cultures only leads to ignorance and eventually hatred of what is different than you.

>the last 5 centuries basically were an European era of technology and world domination in both land and culture
This is a blatant lie that only someone as retarded as a person who learns history through EU4 would say. Mesoamerican civilizations were more advanced in many aspects when compared to European cultures many years before contact, and it took them a long time to catch up, same thing for China. Making your tech based around European technological progress and applying it to the entire world in a game whose timeframe doesn't even reach the point where European countries became the dominant force in the world stage, is insanely retarded, and so are you for thinking it's any good.

It seems like your brain is too primitive to understand the fact that technological progress doesn't occur linearly and on all aspects of life.
>>
>>581644
They werent more advanced in war or other things relevant in a wargame. You seem to forget having high culture doesnt matter in a historical board game.
>>
>>581644
>muh culture
Anon, Australian Aboriginals were and still are primitives. Stop beating around the bush and making excuses for failed proto-civilizations. Fucking Jared Diamond tier mental gymnastics shit
>>
>>581644
>immediately changes the topic to Mesoamerican Injuns and the Chinese, who are already pretty well-represented in EU4 and nobody here would really deny their technological and cultural advances... before the Mesoamericans got BTFO by a plucky spaniard and themselves and China just... stopped being awesome and declined
>when we were fucking talking about abos
>>
>>581301
Literally MEIOU. We await better things brother.
>>581644
Anon aside from the fact 5 centuries ago lands you in the 1600s which is the start of China's decline and had seen the Indigenous Americans civilisations killed and buried years ago more importantly my main ask was for you to reference your claims of Abo civilisation equality in terms of sources and "milestones". I agree that tech is in nowhere a linear progression system (e.g. most of Sub-Saharan Africa skipped the bronze age entirely and went straight to iron due to the environmental constraints of acquiring enough tin) but still it is well regarded that there are structural and organisational milestones that represent the establishment and centralisation of what could be called basic social polities and then more so for outright countries. And quite simply functioning as a stand-in for Johan drinking Sangria in Barcelona how would you design the tech system?
>>
>>581775
>>581747
>>581753
The line I replied to was a response to me calling the tech system Eurocentric and shit, and not about the Aboriginals of Australia, that was another conversation entirely
>>
EUIV = shit
people who play it = faggots
>>
>>581838
And yet you don't explain *how* you'd make the tech system less eurocentric you brown cock sucker
>>
Why not abandon tech groups altogether and just go HAM on institutions, but in the sense that multipliers on military/diplo/admin tech are actually detached from each other and institutions like gunpowder, lateen sails, government bureaucracy etc. etc. are acquired and independently developed in X Y Z region

so maybe Incas and Aztecs have the same leg up on the yuros on matters of government administration but cant sail for shit and dont know how to make guns or steel
>>
>>581932
I actually like that idea too. But I still want to know what Mr. Anti-eurocentrism would prefer in terms of systems to compare.
>>
>>580140
>>581644

Check out the CRT retard. Are we "exhausting" you? Do you recommend we "do the work"?
>>
>>581932
Sounds more complicated than a one-size-fits-all 'press button when mana is X' system so no way Paradox will ever do it.
>>
File: 657856987857.png (22 KB, 258x43)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>582145
???
>>
>>582150

>Ugh
>You shouldn't view history through your Eurocentric lens, you problematic chud!
>Omg if viewed through their own lived experience abos are totally a civilization and not hunter gatherers akin to bushmen or Papuan
>Stop being so problematic

Go fuck yourself idiot. I see what you're about.
>>
>>570895
Lick the boot nigger
>>
thinking about doing a teuton run. should i go for the cheevo or form prussia?
>>
File: file.png (448 KB, 791x533)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>580140
>>
>>582405
Yeah thats an idiotic tendency for libs just from a tactical standpoint that really annoys me
imagine if poltards acted this passive-aggressively acting all snooty at people for not being redpilled and saying its not my job to prescribe redpills, they'd be practically self-segregating and we wouldnt have such a fucking problem across all boards
if you're an asshole that actually wants to engage in the kulturkampf on either side you unironically have to behave like annoying preachers. your job is to teach.
>>
>>582180
Stay as teutons. Glorious eastern crusade. Slaughter the schismatics.
>>
>>579088

>last 5 centuries basically were an European era

But the game is more of an alternate history "simulator" than a strictly historical game, it does little to accommodate for an alternate flow of history, I can do a WC with some north american tribe, with japan, with ming, etc but that wont change the institutions that spawn,
everything will still be told through an european lens even if you import a save from ck2 where the aztecs cleaned up the continent. It doesnt stop at institutions, idea groups, absolutism, etc. Of course china was for large chunks of its history a centralized state that much resembled the european states which emerged from the medieval era, much of what the europeans discovered/invented would have been invented by someone else, and the game doesnt consider that.

>muh white power white brains muh muh moooh
I believe you are wrong but nonetheless look at asian iq, what the "white" man invented would have been done by someone else.
>>
>>582667
But if you start deviating from history to such a degree, it ceases being a history simulator of any degree, alternative or otherwise, and starts just being a fantasy world.
>>
>last 5 centuries basically were an European era
they were an european era for europeans, everyone else just ooga booga'd their way through colonization with perhaps some pilfered guns
in eu4 the natives sign a peace deal and perfectly assimilate into european society after 1 revolt (or they become part of a 'trade company' and don't even revolt once)
alternatively, they magically adopt all european technology by pressing a 'reform society' button
'eurocentrism' is fucking lazy and retarded regardless of whether you think they were prehistoric retards or had elaborate societies and never did anything wrong
paradox should either just ignore the uncivilized world or come up with some actually interesting mechanics for them
>>
>>582667
Asians can't really innovate though
They're smart, sure, but they're groupthink-y as fuck and only seem to be very good at making improvments to existing things
Arabs might have been good, but for some reason they just suck completely now, which might have been the fault of Islam?
Blacks, whether they be Africans or transplants in the Americas, are self-explanatory
>>
>>582783

>this is your brain on /pol/
>>
>>582783
>which might have been the fault of Islam?
Arabs basically went through the same procedure that Rome did. Started out as a poor, impoverished warrior society, conquered the historically wealthy areas of Egypt, Persia, and the Levant, and settled down into decadent lives of luxury. The Muslim world ended up relying heavily on slave soldiers after this settlement, as opposed to the legions and citizenship of Rome. It may seem like it would provide more stability (since slave soldiers were often trained from a young age), but ended up creating politically engaged warrior classes like the Mamluks or Janissaries. This led to plenty of political instability, as these slave soldiers executed coups and seized power for themselves.
Finally, you had the invasions of the Turks, the Mongols, and Timur, all of which destabilized the region and hurt the economy. There's a reason the Ottomans were the only powerful Caliphate after 1000 AD, and they ended up making many of the same mistakes that the Arabs did.
By the time of European imperialism, the Islamic World was a shell of its former self.

tl;dr the Arab world mainly collapsed because they went from a poor, militant society to a wealthy one and relied on foreign soldiers to fight their wars for them. Political instability and foreign invasions ensued, which led to a steady decrease in wealth and learning.
>>
>>559856
Clearly Paradoxes new target audience, chinks
>>
>>582783
>>582814
I also did some surface-level research, and found this article which makes an interesting argument about how Islamic orthodoxy - namely, its blending of faith and politics - led to an embracement of fundamentalism that opposed science and reason as impious.
https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/why-the-arabic-world-turned-away-from-science

I don't know whether I agree with it, but it does provide another decent explanation as to how Islam itself could have impacted social and technological development among the Arabic world.
>>
>>582816
Now that the pajeets are burned out, they'll def focus on the chinks, China in CK3 when?
>>
>>581932
I like it.
>>
>>581932
>random man on anime website invents a better system in 5 minutes than what all of paradox could muster up during 21 years of developing europa universalis games
>>
File: 13456765433.jpg (89 KB, 736x454)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>582783
>They're smart, sure, but they're groupthink-y as fuck and only seem to be very good at making improvments to existing things
That was a political issue. A Mingsplosion would've been enough to change this on its own.
>Arabs might have been good, but for some reason they just suck completely now, which might have been the fault of Islam?
No. Arabs acquired knowledge from both the East and West, and did an excellent job of maintaining, transmitting, and advancing on said knowledge. There's nothing to say. They performed splendidly.
>Blacks, whether they be Africans or transplants in the Americas, are self-explanatory
Blacks along the Western half of the continent were cut out of the main technological trade lines, meaning they often missed crucial small pieces or processes that would've allowed them to fully-reproduce northern creations (nails, blast furnaces, spinning wheels, etc.). There were attempts to penetrate the lines, but they had limited success (Malian, Hausa, and Kanuri diplomacy and importing of artisans.) Local innovations were oftentimes just alternate ways to get to the same end result their northern neighbors had reached, or would reach, save the cases where they were meant to meet local challenges (botanical solutions or cures). They fell behind in production (since their methods were more time-consuming), and later outsourced production to Europeans.
East Africans were often more directly involved with India, Arabia, and the trades. For that reason, they were able to cut into the trades faster. No explanation is necessary.
Finally, the New World diaspora mainly consisted of slaves or their descendants. Those who learned a trade and returned to West/Central Africa would impart their knowledge, mainly between the time of 1820 and 1900. Due to the politics of the Diaspora communities and West Africa at the time, this knowledge wouldn't be sufficient to prevent colonization.
>>
>>582158
>>Omg if viewed through their own lived experience abos are totally a civilization and not hunter gatherers akin to bushmen or Papuan
Is that what you took from the post? That's not even close to the point I was making, how retarded are you /pol/tard lmao

>>582560
>libs
LOL
>>
>>583342
Might I ask, are you a European?
>>
>>583346
Looking to resorting to /int/ shitposting now?
>>
>>583357
Wondering because you seem very angry about a game centered on Europe, made by Europeans, having a 'European lens'. If you're not a European, I would suggest that rather than being bitter about being on the receiving end of Europe in the past, you try to make your people successful for the future.
>>
File: 1601586701200.png (159 KB, 957x861)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
TWO MORE WEEKS
PARADOX WILL GO BANKRUPT
TRUST THE PLAN
>>
File: banger.png (2.06 MB, 1768x722)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
The ride never ends with Paradox.
>>
File: 1575875495736.png (273 KB, 517x396)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>583448
A-Class programming
>>
>>583448
>expand empire
was there a single instance of a state being forced into the HRE in a war
>>
>>583613
If wikipedia is to be trusted (it shouldn't), and albeit it's outside EU4's time period :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_II,_Holy_Roman_Emperor#Conquest_of_Burgundy

Also the establishment of the Northern March and the whole Ostsiedlung thing. But again, way before 1444.

Finally, there was the first partition of Poland, but it could be argued it would be modeled in EU4 as conquest or release of vassals,
>>
>>583684
Yeah I meant to say within EU4's timeframe
And the lands taken from poland weren't part of the HRE
>>
>>582814
>Arabs basically went through the same procedure that Rome did.
They didn't. Rome was a recently orientalized region that succeeded in the west because they quickly conquered people who weren't orientalized (particularly, politically centralized) enough to repel the Romans. Against eastern powers they succeeded because they were more willing to accept foreigners into their political power structure than their rivals were. Remember when Alexander ordered his generals to incorporate conquered people into his power structure and his generals immediately ignored him? The Romans succeeded where he failed and created a relatively resilient empire. The Arabs faced different set of challenges. Their neighbors were politically and somewhat culturally united but faced a new kind of division in religious factionalism. Islam provided a temporary solution to the problem of religious factionalism tearing countries apart, but it soon succumbed to its own factions.
>settled down into decadent lives of luxury.
Rich Romans had luxurious lives relative to the common man by 600 BC. By the beginning of the first punic war they were filthy rich. Rich Arabs were filthy rich in 600 AD. Remember, they took part in the Indian ocean trade route. The whole decadence argument is ridiculous, anyway. The fact that the (richer) eastern half of the Roman empire was able to survive the migration age and even take back the better part of the western empire flies in the face of the notion that the Roman empire was decadent and incapable. No instance of countries accused of being decadent and lazy ever stands up to scrutiny. Usually they're just not as well organized as their rival or they're suffering from rampant corruption. No one sits around and watches their land get plundered because they're too lazy to do anything about it.
>>
>>583868
I don't think I worded myself well. I meant more the transition of Rome and the Arabic worlds from martial societies to administrative ones, and by decadence I meant the "civilizing process". This process notably involves the demilitarization of the ruling classes as they focus more on governing an empire, and the creation of a distinct military apparatus. The post-Marian standing armies characterize Rome, after the previous soldier-citizen model failed, and the Islamic World tended to create armies of slave soldiers.
>Against eastern powers they succeeded because they were more willing to accept foreigners into their political power structure than their rivals were
It would probably be better to state that Rome conquered most of the Diadochi states because it was better able to balance administration and military than its rivals. The ability to integrate foreign populations falls under this matter. Most of the successor kingdoms were heavily militarized, and often fought each other more than they ever did Rome. If you have to provide a single cause for that, it would be the fact that Rome was a republic.
>Usually they're just not as well organized as their rival or they're suffering from rampant corruption
Infighting, corruption, and disorder are all signs of decadence, since those are held back by institutions and causes brought about by necessity. Abundance makes those reasons seem less necessary.
>No one sits around and watches their land get plundered because they're too lazy to do anything about it.
Nobody does that, but wealthier empires would often pay raiders and plunderers to leave them alone rather than fight them. Their leadership can end up dependent on wealth to provide security, which is not particularly dependable.
>>
File: navalcombat.png (1.14 MB, 976x602)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
they fucking ruined naval combat
>>
>>583938
What, you don't like the galley meta? Easy naval stackwipes for days are going to be great.
>>
>>583942
the new galley meta is retarded and anyone who likes it is also retarded. anyone with galley ca in ideas destroys those without and it makes heavies fucking worthless because even in open seas they get shredded by galleys. tags like Britain are now fucking worthless because they have heavy ca instead of galley ca

"stackwipes for days" is the dumb shit johan thought when he decided 6 galleys can engage one heavy at once
>>
>confuse the sound of my pc as generator sounds
So this is Tetris syndrome
>>
>>583938

Lol galleys in the channel not getting swamped and sinking as soon it starts gusting and the swell starts to get unmanageable.

They're ships designed for the glorified lakes of the med and baltic
>>
>>560190
>As for reason why choose this specific book I have no idea.
centralize state
>>
File: johan.png (54 KB, 918x365)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>583992
johan was told months ago that it was stupid and he did nothing
>>
>>581644
>>581838
lol you don't even know what you are on about anymore. Just going around in circles with your be.
And you're the one calling people retarded?
>>
>>581644
This is just sad
>>
I haven't played EU4 since around the time of that one updated that added the Orthodoxy mechanics with Church Authority and Icons and shit. I'm pretty out of the loop with how things work nowadays, but from this thread this latest update seems to be an unmitigated disaster:

>It's easier than ever to magically turn wasteland provinces into a Judge Dredd Mega-City in no time at all
>Australian Aborigines are secretly the most powerful race in the world
>Armadas of ships of the line decimated by chumps with galleys in the open sea
>The wizards in charge of the countries can generate infinite mana
>Early Alpha tier placeholders and typos
>Game's also completely broken and you might not even be able to roll back
>And, for some incomprehensible reason, if any of this is bad you are doing racisms or something

Other than to maybe play Meiou or something, I can't think of any reason somebody would actually play this anymore.
>>
At what point EU4 DLC will cost 30$? Whales will buy it. And 3.8k of negative reviews it's nothing, nothing will change in Paradox heads money is money no matter if customer is mad and he tells you he bought your DLC last time because he told it already four times.
>>
>>578791
>Europa Universalis' representation of tech is Eurocentric and extremely retarded.
Since they added in Institutions and got rid of westernisation I wouldn't call this game eurocentric
>>
>>584068
i mean, trade is still a thing. it's completely eurocentric
>>
File: SHOCKED.png (99 KB, 1600x900)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>584080
euro-centrism? in EUROPA UNIVERSALIS?
It's more likely than you think!
>>
>>584068
>Since they added in Institutions and got rid of westernisation I wouldn't call this game eurocentric
>Feudalism, Renaissance, Colonialism (New World), Printing Press, Global Trade, Manufactories, Enlightenment, Industrialization
Please be joking.
>>
>>584101
yeah man whitey never contributed anything beyond slavery and taco bell!

Not like europeans or their descendants could be responsible for, say, harnessing electricity tor human use and inventing the microchip, without which you couldn't even gripe about a glorified spreadsheet+ms paint game.
>>
>>584111
>Lose the argument
>Wash your own brain out with bleach so you can misconstrue the other anon's point
>Do this every time he responds
By the book, it seems...
>>
>>584032
>Anon asks to "Explain to us why viewing technology and history through an European lens is wrong when the last 5 centuries basically were an European era of technology and world domination in both land and culture."
>Call him retarded for needing an explanation
>People whine
>Decide to explain why what he said is retarded
And this is where you are. Are you still having trouble understanding the context, or do you need me to make some drawings for you?
>>
>>584098
Kill yourself
>>
>>561064
Ok Rousseau
>>
>>584080
i still want to know why the fuck trade only goes in one direction
>>
>>584410
Because trade is stupid. Oh you control Provence as France? Well, it doesn't go into Bordeaux
>>
>>582667
> I believe you are wrong but nonetheless look at asian iq, what the "white" man invented would have been done by someone else.

Native Chinese mathematics were sub-Africa tier
>>
>>582930
It’s the ck2 system.
>>
>>584042
can someone elaborate on the rollback thing? I reinstalled the game recently and it rolled back to 1.29 just fine. even ran a game in observer mode up to the glitch date to test for erasing all the countries. game seems to run just fine.
am I just lucky?
>>
>>584135
I know what you said, its the way you said it that makes it funny.
So how do you suggest modifying the Europa Universalis 4 technology tree system to reflect this?
>>
>>584645
do you mean ck3? if so then yeah, sort of
>>
>>584042
>>And, for some incomprehensible reason, if any of this is bad you are doing racisms or something
Nah, it makes you apart of the ''''''toxic'''''' fanbase
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/pcgamer-article-paradox-interactive-says-player-toxicity-is-driving-developers-away-from-its-forums.1471302/
>>
>>584410
Because it uses the zero-sum mercantilist model, which was denounced and debunked during the game's time. Trade doesn't work anything like this, but we have to live with it.
>>
7% positive rating has made most negative reviewed on steam lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJbgJFlbNRg
>>
>>584042
>>584684
>>And, for some incomprehensible reason, if any of this is bad you are doing racisms or something
There's a difference between:
>I don't think they should've been added to the game considering how they lived at the time

And

>Literally kill everyone with a darker shade of skin than me
People like you have trouble saying the first point without ending up also saying the second as well.
>>
>>584652
Did you buy leviathan?
>>
>>585052
lol no
>>
>>585109
Well the rollback issue comes in when people bought the DLC and then rolledback, because the DLC files that are still in the game files cause corruption
>>
Man I just want to play the my shitty paradox game how long does it take to patch.
>>
>>585117
... I'm actually impressed at how incompetent paradox is.
>>
>>581644
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YiAzyCzZzw
>>584042
Same here, I come to those threads to laugh.
>>
>>585639
paradox is a small indie team
>>
File: 1619964154118.jpg (122 KB, 1024x988)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>583342
>>581644
>>580140
>>578791
We seriously need to get rid of Americans, permanently. I don't even care if this is ironic, I am just tired of Americans.
>>
>>586659
I'm not even American you obsessed tard
>>
>>586659
Agreed
>>
>>570864
t. it contractor in eastern europe
i dogged a bullet. company i was working for got project for test automation from sweden, later found out it was paradox
2 folks were assigned, and were miserable
they have little to no automation not only in testing, but for dev and ops as well
if you can imagine something that would logically be done one after the other, here you'd have to manually check for completion and then manualy click some button
they complained but were considered arrogant and mansplaining as "we have been doing this for years this way".
project was not for qa or automation of game development mind you but their launcher, webpages, forums and such
so things trivial to cover with automation
such a shitshow
>>
>>586659
Thats just fucking wrong ancient historians where either at the events the wrote about or had first hand accounts
>>
>>587531
The image he posted is not right, but by god neither are you. The first hand accounts are first hand accounts to modern historians.

Historians pre 1800 was weirdos that wrote shit down, that didn't matter to anybody than a few other weirdos. Nobody respected them, at their time, only after the importants became clear to each culture, it became a honoruable field. Took until the 1600s here in Denmark with Saxo. Historians are not some insanely rich guys, who had a car and could go everywhere. Try understand how limited life was before everything you know today existed. Most of what they wrote was stories, legends and rumours.
>>
>>587917
>Historians pre 1800 was weirdos that wrote shit down, that didn't matter to anybody than a few other weirdos.
I'm sure the king's chroniclers were real outcasts, anon.
>>
>>587917
And how is that a good thing, faggot?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.