[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 49 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: testosterone.png (93 KB, 640x480)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>A Protoss BVLL executes a two-base timing attack featuring +1 speed Zealots if you are Zerg or ranged Dragoons + Shuttle drops if you are Terran

Outside of Alt-F4ing and crying in a corner, what is your response?
>>
>>550773
I don't play gookcraft
>>
bruh +1 speedlots timings die to standard 3h hydra 5h muta play
>>
you just lose because TvP in both sc1 and 2 is a trash tier match up heavily favoring the protoss in both games
>>
>>550865
Cope.
>>
>>550874
>cope
great counter argument
>protoss has
better splash
more tech path choices working their way into the midgame
is allowed to more greedily take the map even while out teching a terran player
can do that whilst fighting off a committed terran players aggression which will cripple him the rest of the game thus ending the game
has varying forms of recall in both games
sc1 recall can escape contains and magically appear in a terrans main because terran didnt spend an extra 2k minerals adding turrets to every single tile available
sc2 recall allows the trash protoss player to be completely unaware of their opponents movements, be caught off guard then get a free ticket back to any base of their choosing with a majority of their forces. And in a base trade the protoss can kill the terrans 2/3/4th bases leaving no economy whatsoever and then recall to defend a main/natural and splash damage down the terran killing ending the game
fuck you if you complain about that matchup in any way whatsoever
if you have a shit winrate in it it's because you are too incompetent to exploit your races most lame mechanics that handicap the opponents every time you play
>>
>>550900
Look at any brood war tournament series and you'll clearly see protoss win the least.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft_in_esports#History_of_pro-level_tournament_winners

4 of the top 5 tournament winners from 2000-2012 are terran players, the other is Jaedong playing Zerg. Protoss's best player in this era is tied with 3 wins for 7th. Looking at more modern day play, in ASL I think protoss has only won twice? Shuttle winning the first one and then Rain beat Snow like 3-4 years ago? So they won it twice, out of 10 times... 20%.....
>SC2
Who cares, it's shit.
>>
>>551049
I love when terrans try to claim that protoss is OP when their race has the best designed units that actually scale well with proper micro compared to the other two
>>
>>551049
>SC2
>Who cares, it's shit.
Not only that, but >>550900 is basically a huge faggot. SC2 Protoss hasn't had a global winrate over 45-ish% since Blizzard started balancing off "community feedback" (read - whining) in late Heart of the Swarm.
>>
>>550900
Terran has vultures, siege tanks and scans.
>>
File: file.png (95 KB, 1903x597)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>551085
damn that's wild, anyway can you explain this chart
>>
>>550773
build mutas
build tanks
problem solved
>>
>>551049
>Look at any brood war tournament series and you'll clearly see protoss win the least.

we are talking about tvp not tournaments where zerg is a factor
Also terran wins tournaments literally only because of flash outside of him in ASL the next best terran is Light with below a 50% winrate in his career of ASL and he made the finals so try again you fucking retard
>>
File: light stats.png (1.69 MB, 1920x1080)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
Here are light's ASL stats if you don't believe me
>>
>>551085
blizzard literally balanced protoss so you brain dead retards could play it
>high templars given auto attack so when you send your 1 control group army into your opponent they wont blindly run into the enemy army because you are too trash to use a second control group
terrans ravens dont get an auto attack
zergs infestors and vipers dont get an auto attack
>>
>>551339
>>551345
So you show that Light's best matchup is Vs Protoss....? Also, Last is another terran that won ASL.
>Ignores the other decade plus of other tournaments with terran always at the top.
>>
>>550773
I don't play Gookclickers like that
I remember playing this game when I was like 12. Playing custom maps and trying to set up a cool Terran base. Pretty sure I got more enjoyment from the game than these Gookclickers ever have.
>>
>>550900
Artosis please.
>>
>>550773
I don't play multiplayer in SC.
I do however play the singleplayer campaigns. Made it to level 4 of episode VI. Gotta say though, this game is a lot harder than I remember it to be.
>>
>>551389
The play today is at a way higher level than it was back then, that’s like saying chess players 200 years ago would shit on GMs today
Try again
>>
>>551389
Yeah lights best matchup in ASL is vs protoss.... and is still below 50% win rate
>>
>>551348
They made storm auto attack?

Lmao
>>
>>551987
nah, templars were given a weak ranged attack so they wouldn't walk straight into enemy while tosstard amoves his F2 army
>>
>>550773
>if you are Zerg
>if you are Terran
what does the "Protoss BVLL" do if I'm also playing Protoss?
>>
>>552019
INVISIBLE MAN
>>
zerg is most based race too bad star wars gook/nintendo fanbase were catered too in the protoss thus killing the franchise
>>
oh hey i noticed people like building the barracks right next to the cc to squeeze a marine in between. has that been a trend just now? doesnt seem to be a thing in the past.
>>
>>552187
It's been a thing since before Brood War. A marine fits in the game but a Zealot doesn't.
>>
>>552195
yeah but have pros been doing this for a while? i seem to notice this to become popular only recently
>>
>>552210
It's been around so long nobody even knows who started it, like early 2000's if not earlier.
>>
>>551085
Most GMs are protoss since the various buffs they got and the nerfs the other races got
>>
serral is live, playing maxpax
https://www.twitch.tv/serral
>>
>>550773
I started playing BW, mostly campaign and a few online matches and it felt really clunky and outdated, it is fun tho, but not good enough to invest your time getting gud at it, at least for me.

Zergs are the funnest to play tho, 'swarm' factions are the best on RTSs
>>
>>552019
hint: each of those costs 150 minerals
>>
Aldaris did nothing wrong.
>>
>>552646
In BW yes, in the original there were a lot of things he did wrong.
>>
File: 1619062608394.png (60 KB, 225x268)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>550773
>just saw Trap vs Inno RO8
Trap tactical Paused again?!
How is he not disqualified
>>
>Protoss
>40% of sc2 ladder
>45% of sc1 ladder

holy broken race
>>
I haven't followed the pro scene in a while, how much did the Battlecruiser buffs and addition of the interference matrix and anti-armor missile for the raven help Terran? I remember Terran being completely hopeless in Wings of Liberty and even elite Koreans losing to meme builds from faggots like Stephano back then.
>>
>>554655
i thought terran was broken in wol
>>
>>554655
Raven spells were changed once people realized it deleted most stuff or forced a disengage, bc buffs made it better choice for late game and an early game rush
>>
>>554655
Terran returned to being the most OP race in SC
>>
File: oberlord.png (59 KB, 1133x724)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>550773
maek sunken colony
fly mutalisk in his base and kill his probes
>>
>gsl
LMAO
>>
>>550773
>starcrumps
LMAO
>>
It's over. The carrier's main weakness was overtargetting of one unit at a time. We can expect to see 2 base carrier v Terran forever now.
>>
>>557215
..... What? This micro only works up close. If Terran has enough gols then they will melt the protoss carrier fleet before losing everthing.
>>
>>557292
If it's too early to make goliaths or your tech is too delayed by zealot pressure your only choice is to switch into Deep Six and go all-in bio. Well, I guess it's not as bad as it sounds, but it's certainly going to be absolutely lethal when killing workers.
>>
Damn, was hoping Dream would take it.
Fuck Rogue
Fuck Maru
Fuck Trap
>>
>>555876
The highest ranked non-Korean Terran in WoL was Painuser and he was mid-diamond
>>
>>557305
... What are you talking about? In the scenario you are proposing Terran is already dead, if you cannot build gols in a decent amount then this new micro technique wouldn't have made a difference.
>>
>>557687
>He doesn't know
https://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/71150072
Go to 1 hour 16 minutes.
>>
>>557731
.... I don't understand what your point is. Terran scouted the greedy build and punished accordingly.
>>
>>557833
... Try watching again, and this time pay attentiion
>>
>>550773
Play with friends or become a little shit and use every dirty trick possible. Thats it. Rts online play has always been a shit show with random players. Every rts. Every single one.

You either have fun with your friends or you become the guy who has fun fucking over people with cheese.
>>
>>551085
PvT and PvZ both currently favor the toss by a few percent at all levels becoming more and more favored the higher you go.
The vast majority of GM players are toss and master also favors toss.
Toss are by far the strongest race, forcing the other player to have to dance around their half a dozen different giant AoE, huge range, or stupid fast bullshit. Even in actual tournaments i have literally never seen a toss in a position where his APM had to skyrocket just to avoid losing his whole army to disruptors or banelings like a terran or zerg. The closest they get to having to dance around bullshit is fucking warp prism shenanigans which isn't even disfavorable to them like scattering out of storms, its something they do to bully out armies that might even be superior to their own.
All they have to do is A-click stalkers and battery overcharge to resist early game pressure enough to stumble into great all around air, half a dozen methods of strong and reliable splash and a dumb resilient army that can cut its way through all but the most fortified positions or busts. They're not even that expensive compared to their equivalent units and half of them can reinforce in 5 seconds.
That low level toss can lose to simple stim timing pushes is astounding.
Fuck, i feel especially bad for zerg who have literally no way to compete without having 100+ more APM than a toss still to lose fights because blizz decided their only viable tools had to be spellcasters that get continuously nerfed, lurkers, and praying his opponent is braindead enough to walk into an obvious surround with banes. But even that last one the toss can bullshit his way out of with forcefields if he needs to.
The only way you could say other races are easier is just because of marines and zerglings attack moving better than unupgraded zealots.
>>
>>557215
the fuck did they allow a carrier fleet?
>>
im done with sc2 protoss is just too horrible to play against
>>
File: 1605066935037.jpg (61 KB, 600x600)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>551327
And that's how it'll stay since blizzard has sworn off major updates to tosscraft 2
>>
If you lost to a black person, would you kys?

For me, yes
>>
>>557215
how the hell do you do that?
>>
>>564098
>shit on the game via 'community balancing' for years
>veritable army of patch-zerg 'champions' while Protoss is in the shitter and Terran is defined by whether the current buffs are enough for top players to beat Zerg before their wrists give out
>get fired by Activision kikes
>as parting gift, buff Protoss for eternity in the final update

True poetry. SC2 redditniggers deserved nothing better for what they and Blizzard did to the game.
>>
>>556122
dilate
>>
>>564202
new micro trick, you use hold position and attack and stop somehow, I watched a poorly translated korean explanation so I don't know myself but I sure am glad I don't actually play this game.
>>
>>570683
there is a probe in the control group, maybe its like the mutalisk trick
>>
>>550773
Whats his plan for if I go Protoss?
>>
>>572493
hope you like capes
>>
>Serral beating Reynor 2-0
>Clem losing to Maxpax
>uthermal getting to loser finale

Strange day.
>>
>>550773
The old bunker+tank coward turtling strat
>>
>>550773
By rushing you before even game finishes loading
>>
>>550773
I don't play against people who can only think about this game in terms of autistic vietnamese cookie clicker teams.

I remain very casual and only play with casuals because we end up actually having a satisfying, fun time (regardless of who wins) instead of suicidal thoughts (regardless of who wins).
>>
>>577330
>I remain very casual and only play with casuals because we end up actually having a satisfying, fun time
How?
>>
>>577344
every now and then, every few months when the mood for some starcraft strikes, play a game while in a voice call and just chat for a bit while you play. dont watch videos or read guide on meta. the game is just the activity the social interaction is happening around.
>>
>>557305
wtf are you talking about, i guess if terran was afk while protoss amassed a carrier fleet then yeah i guess the new micro will shit on terran. what it actually does it make basetrading more viable for the protoss because their carriers will melt the terran base.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.