[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: paradise.png (334 KB, 402x538)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
[A thread dedicated to the discussion of Victoria II, henceforth referred to as "vicky", by Paradox Interactive, on the /vst/ 4chan board.]
>>
>>541650
Why do you still play Victoria 2?

This is a serious question. Hearts of Iron 4 has surpassed it in every single way. Is it just because HoI4 does not feature culture so you cannot act our your fantasies of genocide?
>>
>>541657
hoi4 is a game dedicated to world war 2
victoria 2 is a game dedicated to the victorian era
i prefer the victorian era, and i am not really interested in a game solely focused about conducting warfare
simple 'as
>>
>>541650
>2 people
>Trusts
What shitty mod is this?
>>
>>541703
every mod
>>
>>541650
Boy, it's gonna take them a long time to finish that railroad.
>>
>>541650
>two dutch fedora tippers doing trust schemes on each other
>>
>>541650
>two intellectuals jerking each other off over philsophy inbetween shifts on the island railway
comfy..
>>
File: unknown (9).png (1.49 MB, 1807x769)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>541657
>Is it just because HoI4 does not feature culture

*blocks your path*
>>
>>541657
>Is it just because HoI4 does not feature culture so you cannot act our your fantasies of genocide?
How do you inbred mongrels even come up with this shit?
>>
>>541703
Technically that's 2 families
>>
>>541747
Daily remider that Vic2 pops represent family not a single person. Or to be precise, they represent head of the family (who works, fights and participates in elections) so you see one person but actual "real" population is like 5x more.
>>
>>541836
How autistic are the devs of end of a new beginning, are they still genuinely trying to make it from 1800s to modern day or did they drop it for a more sensible timeline?
>>
File: unknown (9)55.png (419 KB, 862x467)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>541979
They should just focus on Vicky timeline like they are doing right now, i'm afraid that they are scripting it/railroading it way too much.
>>
>>541979
Either stupid, autistic, or both.
>>
>>541993
Based autismos
>>
>>541993
What the hell... This is hoi4? All those custom guis and pops? Wow that's some commendable discord tranny autism but I have a feeling it'll be abandonware
>>
>>542258
Its in game already
>>
>>542262
Sure but it is playable does it feel organic do they mesh well with current game mechanics etc plus I guarantee ai does not know how to work with it
>>
>>542265
Yes, just download it from this mods github and try yourself if you dont belive me
>>
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
discussion prompt: what do you think of CWE?
>>
>>543504
Inferior, bloated NWO.
>>
>>543520
Its extremely jank but there is nothing else like it and it continues to be updated by a dedicated crew so its worth a shot .
>>
>>543615
>nothing like it
are you newfags really this retarded?
just play NWO
>>
>>543624
CWE includes NWO, dumbo.
>>
>>543630
see >>543520
>>
File: 1618018988695.jpg (202 KB, 1056x1080)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>543632
>a mod with twice the content and getting regular updates and bugfixes is somehow bad and you have to play the abandoned older ones
>>
>>543663
Many such cases. Redditor devs ruining good mods they stole or took over with their lack of direction and vision.
Wouldn't expect your baiting /v/ ass to understand.
>>
>>541657
HOI4 does not feature supply chains so I cannot act out my fantasies of being a successful liquor tycoon
>>
why is there no espionage in vicky2? I want to be able to help revolutionaries topple governments in other countries, like the Germans did in Russia in 1917. There is espionage in eu4, there is espionage in hoi4 (right? I haven't played hoi4), why not in vicky2? I hope they include it in vicky3.

Things for spies to do could besides supporting rebels could also be infiltrate military to see enemy positions, disrupt military morale, increase attrition, sabotage factories/currency, frame the enemy to reduce their prestige, disrupt enemy influence in other countries & so forth.

It would give the game a lot more depth.
>>
>>543724
Same reason there are no submarines, carriers and a lot of other things too. Vicky is a half-finished game, cut two expansion packs short of its natural lifecycle. Just compare how bad and barebones the vanilla release is compared to the HoD one.

There was simply supposed to be more to it.
>>
>>541657
I can't tell anymore if hoisois are incredibly dedicated to shitposting, or if they're genuinely retarded.
>>
File: staticosaka.jpg (88 KB, 635x643)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>541657
How do these posts still get replies? Anon was probably fucking snickering and giggling as he typed this out
>>
>>543896
welcome to 2021 4channel, where everyone feeds even the laziest trolls
>>
>>541884
he's got a point, though. I really wish I could physically remove Germans and replace them with Slavs after an easy Soviet Union victory.
>>
>>542271
I actually did (dumped the github most current version as of today), but there's nothing like that in the game.

There is a "population & economy" tab, but it's greyed out and there's a red text saying it's experimental.

In any case it cannot be opened. I'dont't know if there's a special command to turn it on, but it seems disabled by default.
>>
>>543663
Fuck that, CWE goes at like 1 day a minute and 90% of the """""""content""""""" is the same old bullshit flavour decisions that do nothing but give like +5 prestige.
>>
>>541657
is this bait so that people bump the thread? If so, good job
>>
File: cry_16.gif (497 KB, 500x235)
497 KB
497 KB GIF
>play as japan
>want to take land in china
>don't want to ruin aesthetic japan+korea+taiwan borders
>quit the game
how do I escape this cycle?
>>
>>547562
take Manchuria, then focus on the south, guandong, vietnam, phillipines
>>
File: Japanese_Empire2.png (32 KB, 707x591)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>547562
Historical way.
>>
>>541650
>play Victoria 2
>it gets repetitive and boring after hundreds of hours
>take a break for a year
>come back and play the game
>the AI is doing interesting things and crafting a pretty cool game world
It can’t be the roll of the dice? It’s just my imagination, right?
>>
>>547976
It is. But the important part is that you're having fun.
>>
>>541650
Why is this blobbing simulator so hyped up compared to the others?
>>
>>547562
sphere manchuria for those sweet RGO's then take Asia back from the westerners
>>
>>541650
so does every terrain have own graphic pic or does every terrain have unique pic depending the continent? like does plains of France look different from Chinese plains?
>>
>>547988
because it at least tries to do a bit more than just glorified blobbing
>>
>>541650
Thinking of reinstalling, what's the cool kid mod these days?
>>
>>548096
depends on how much bloat you want, but in general if you want a vanillaexperience just better they are, in no particular order, HPM, crimeamod and blood and iron
>>
>>548101
Quick rundown on them?
>>
>>548127
HPM is shit
Crimeamod is shit
Blood and Iron is shit
Pop Demand is great.
>>
wish there was some bridge between sphering a country, getting it puppeted and annexing it, at least for uncivs
its silly bordering a small one or two two state big puppet for decades on end and not being able to take custody of any territory controlled by them
its also silly to have a country's markets completely subjugated by you for decades but not being able to influence or take control of their government at all
>>
>>548127
Hpm is the big one that brought new reforms, tags etc. BaI and crimea are the result of trying to fix some of the issues it has, flavor and /gsg/ autism. I'd recommend taking at least a short look at all of them
https://gitgud.io/nazbolgang1917/crimeamod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-and-iron-mod
https://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-project-mod
>>
>>548201
>crimeamod
what is this about?
>>
>>548242
Crimea presumably.
>>
>>548246
thanks anon
>>
>>548242
here's the changelog
https://gitgud.io/nazbolgang1917/crimeamod/-/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>>
>>548251
No problem anon, glad to help.
>>
>>548258
thanks m8
>>548264
very wholesome
>>
>>548095
it doesn't though
>>
>>541657
i bet you suck cock
>>
>>548242
/gsg/ shitposter mememod, dont fall for it. HPM and BAI are good, everything else is shit
>>
File: not alex grandi.jpg (72 KB, 624x960)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>/gsg/ shitposter mememod, dont fall for it. HPM and BAI are good, everything else is shit
>>
>>541657
>so you cannot act our your fantasies of genocide
That's the fucking problem, HOI4 is just "click the button, wait, achieve goal". It's why it's full of retarded "history buffs".
At least when I waste my time with this terribly designed game, sometimes I might manage to create a functional economy or do -something-.
Going from an agrarian shithole to dominating the service industry is a fun task in CWE. Using shitty frontline mechanics while waiting for the next national focus to drop, is not fun.
>>
>>547988
because it's the only Paradox game (besides CK) where you do something other than blobbing/map-painting
>>
>>549124
>where you do something other than blobbing/map-painting
Ah, yes.
>expand factories
>encourage craftsmen
>repeat ad nauseum
>>
>>549176
Different anon, but I actually like playing around with the sliders and different national foci in order to try and min/max my economy. The fact that the game takes a relatively hands-off approach to the development of your nation means that each game might be a little different, even if you're playing the same country over and over again. A lot of the time you also need to worry about other nations, since relying a lot on rare resources like rubber, oil, and to a lesser extend iron, can mean that if your tech or industry is outpacing the global subby then you're going to get fucked. I mean sure, the economy mostly runs itself but if you're someone like me who likes min/maxing then the game can be a lot of fun since there's often a lot of different variables you have to watch out for. It's similar to CK2 where you can mostly ignore vassals and be fine, but micromanaging them can be really rewarding, or like in Imperator where you can just blob and do fine, but paying attention your provinces and cities can net a huge amount of profit later on in the game.
>>
File: 1618992278297.jpg (215 KB, 1448x2048)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>541650
fuck switzerland and fuck mountains i just wanted a comfy pacifist game but no i cant fucking build trains at all
>>
>>549248
then just play belgium
>>
>>548201
I tought HFM was made by /gsg/ shitposter.
>>
>>549248
But that is what happened. Most of the railways in Switzerland got built after rack railways got widespread commercial use which was in the later part of the 19th century. Railways in mountainous should also be more expensive because of all the bridges and tunnels, etc. that would need to be constructed.
>>
>>541657
Says the one who plays the game set in the time period of the Holocaust
>>
File: 1600096301130.jpg (69 KB, 750x750)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>Turkish population keeps creeping up to 13% in Ankara
where the fuck do they keep coming from?
>>
>>551363
By default, Turkish pops can't migrate to another country, so they migrate internally more than other pops.
>>
>>551762
>By default, Turkish pops can't migrate to another country
Is there some sort of list for these fixed pops?
Is it to prevent America being overrun by Chinese?
>>
>>541657
>Hearts of Iron 4 has surpassed it in every single way
tell me when hoi4 simulates an entire population and goods system
>>
>>543520
>bloated NWO
redundant
>>
>>551762
is that why bulgaria always ends up 90% turkish by the end of the game?
>>
>>548127
HPM is okay
Blood and iron is shit
Crimeamod is shit
>>
>>551907
Pop Demand is perfect.
>>
>>551907
What's wrong with BaI?
>>
>>551918
It's not Pop Demand.
>>
>>551921
Yerah great answer. Now you can fuck off back to /gsg/.
>>
Which is the mod where you can enslave a conquered people I read you could?
>>
>>548201
Late reply but thanks pal, gonna look through these and get me a Vicky 2 game going.
>>
>>551804
In cultures.txt, some culture groups have is_overseas = no. That's what does it and it can be commented out at your own peril.
Chinese don't have that, they migrate normally.
The culture groups that do have it are turko-semitic, arabic, caucasian, central asian, all african cultures and all new world cultures.
>>
>>552171
whats the point of this? the game has immigration modifiers already
seems like a stupid hard block to put in place, is the point that there were no turks, arabs, americans, brazilians or kazakhs moving to any other country during the entire 19th century

even for the african ones it should be based on the legislation or geographical locaion of their destination
>>
>>552221
>is the point that there were no turks, arabs, americans, brazilians or kazakhs moving to any other country during the entire 19th century
If that was the point, Paradox got it wrong. Just for 1 example, loads of Arabs from Lebanon moved to Mexico alone during the Victoria 2 timeframe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Mexicans
>>
>>552230
i am aware, there's millions of lebanese descendants in brazil too, which came mostly in the last 3 decades of the games time frame
>>
>>541650
I haven't played Vicky 2 before, are there any mods that are pure improvement / bug fixes that don't really alter the core game I should pick up for my first run?
Also any beginner tips.
>>
>>552237
>>552230
the culture modifier thing smells to me like a fix they slapped on when it was time to ship and never got around to fixing when HoD or AHD came out.
>>
>>552245
>are there any mods that are pure improvement / bug fixes that don't really alter the core game
The DLCs improve the game a lot, and I'd always recommend getting them and trying out vanilla for 1 or 2 runs at the start to get a feel for the game. After a cursory glance at crimeamod, I can say that it seems like a pretty solid vanilla+ mod which doesn't change too much of the core game. Unfortunately, due to Vicky's age there will probably always be at least some jank to deal with so don't expect a 100% bug-free experience. It's fine for the most part though.

>Also any beginner tips.
Play someone easy like USA or Prussia for your first runs, and just try experimenting with the different mechanics a bit. Don't worry too much about being optimal or blobbing in your initial runs. Read the wikis if you get a bit confused or want to know more about the systems. Ignore the autists telling you to get any mod starting with the letter H, it's not worth it.
>>
>>552230
>>552237
Weren't those christians running away from muslim oppression? Not really an economic migration.
>>
>>552275
>Ignore the autists telling you to get any mod starting with the letter H, it's not worth it.
Correct, the only mod that's worth it is Pop Demand.
>>
File: emigration reasons.jpg (903 KB, 972x4198)
903 KB
903 KB JPG
>>552287
yes, and? migration doesn't only happen for economic factors in this game
in fact its more like the opposite, considering the only economic influences here are unemployment and access to pop needs

i think its a stupid fix they slapped on right at the end and didnt remove later as the other anon said, maybe the ottoman empire's decay made too many turks leave and flood other countries
>>
>>552171
never knew about that, gonna set all cultures to yes and see what happens next game
>>
>>552312
Well there is no "opression" factor there. Like Turkish genocide of Armenians.
>>
>>552361
> Well there is no "opression" factor there.
National religious policy is Moralism and not national religion = religious oppression.
National citizenship policy is residence and not national culture = ethnic oppression.
Maybe it is not as on the nose as "Armenian genocide happened" but it is in the model.
>>
>>552312
>>552221
I've played around with it a lot myself. If you set turks to be able to migrate, they FLOOD Libya to an absurd degree, far more than is historical, and lose far too many Turkish pops to emigration.
New World cultures will migrate all over the place haphazardly and flood any colonies you happen to acquire. Africans will flood European states if the state they are in is upgrades from a colony.

You can let them migrate but if you do, you have to add more modifiers to pop_types.txt and the individual pop files to fix their migration patterns. Messing with pop types is probably the most time consuming and complex aspect of V2 modding, in my experience.
>>
>>552361
adding to what that person said, militancy also represents that when it starts getting out of hand with nationalism and more

>>552421
why do they lose so many turkish pops especifically?
i'd expect africans wouldn't go to europe since they generally have way too low literacy, no?
also why do new world pops leave when the modifier before the last one in >>552312 gives a whole 2% less reasons to go? is it because of the occasional dictatorships? even then, wouldn't they just go to another new world country and get assimilated there?
>>
>>552275
TY, couple years into a France run and everything is going chill so far.
Economy is on track, a couple wars going well.
Although I'm having trouble figuring out what my country wants more of.
Also if I'm on an economy where I can't construct factories and want a specific good, is it a good idea to invest in spherelings producing that good?
>>
>>552435
>i'd expect africans wouldn't go to europe since they generally have way too low literacy, no?
If it's a state in your country, it doesn't matter. Internal migration doesn't have those rules.
I misspoke, new world pops just go to other new world countries. This isn't a good thing though, it drains the population of shithole dictatorships which already get no immigrants. Bad for balance.

As for turkish pops, it's not that they specifically lose them over greeks or bulgarians, but that the ottomans lose tons of pops to emigration already and losing turks as well fucks them over too much, and skews pop culture ratios unrealistically because vicky doesn't let minorities assimilate if they have cores, even though that did happen in the ottoman empire.

Trust me, I've messed with all of this a lot and you can't just comment it out (changing it to is_overseas = yes doesn't work, it must be deleted or commented out) and expect it to work well. It's a lazy fix on Paradox's part but it is a fix nonetheless.
>>
>>552533
Do you guys think vic3 will actually be announced in pdxcon and what are looking for in the new version is it is announced?
>>
>>552541
I kind of doubt it, and even if they did I don’t have a huge amount of faith in my-Paradox to do it right.
That said
>Much more complex diplomacy in particular alliances. One of vicky’s biggest problems that can’t really be fixed is too many multi-great power wars before Great Wars become unlocked.
>An expansion to crises to make them feel more like negotiations, and represent certain stuff like the Boxer Rebellion as a crisis to allow for coalition wars before great wars are a thing
>Colonial migration policies that can be varied from colony to colony, ie few brits will settle in India but a bunch will move to Canada and Australia
>>
>>552533
i see, thank you for the answers
honestly the internal migration thing seems like kind of an oversight when the major motivation for internal movement is search for labor, it seems to me like illiterate pops shouldn't want to move around if they aren't going to get jobs anyway
maybe a restriction on continental migration would fit the game model a little better, or refining internal migration reasons to account for that

i suppose both the new world and turkish pops problem is indeed the better choice instead of just turning it off, but it's still a very gamey and lazy solution
from the little i've played with hpm and other policy-adding mods, having an immigration policy seems like it'd balance that out (although knowing the ai it would probably not be able to contain it)
or maybe limiting the amount of pops allowed to emigrate at a time, although that'd be gamey too
>>
>>552597
Most unemployment migration comes from overpopulation, actually. Ottoman provinces have small RGOs, so that's one reason why they move so much.
Literacy has little to do with it. Craftsmen migrate to hiring factories, but literacy doesn't apply here as they are already craftsmen. Farmers and laborers move to RGOs with space, and literacy again doesn't matter.

Basically, pops vastly prefer new world provinces and greatly prefer provinces with a ton of free RGO space. New world provinces have massive RGOs, so the attraction compounds.
Going back to turks, ottoman provinces have small RGO sizes, compounding emigration. African provinces (without the plantation modifier found in most mods) overpopulate quickly, so if stated and allowed to migrate, they will BLACK whatever they can find.
The hard coded aspects of migration limit what you can do to address these issues. HFM has a very detailed and complex migration system built on top of HPM's, but it goes too far in some respects.
>>
>>541657
adding a reply
>>
>>552421
>Africans will flood European states if the state they are in is upgrades from a colony.
Well at least that part is correct. Even tough hundred years later.
>>
>>552620
>but it goes too far in some respects.
Would you elaborate further? It seems you have some wast knowledge on the topic.
>>
>>552675
Basically, HFM has massive emigration from Europe, way beyond what's reasonable, so that new world countries (mostly america) reach their historical populations (america never comes close in HPM).
As a consequence, when you switch ruling parties so you can build some factories, emigration spikes so hard that you have negative population growth. This is retarded and not fun.
>>
>>552671
hey at least western europe has people under 60 now
if they learn how to manage this in their favor it might be the only thing that saves europe from economic stagnation and from becoming a continental nursing home
>>
>>552503
>I'm having trouble figuring out what my country wants more of.
There's 2 main ways to find this out. First there's the broader way of figuring out. Go to the trade tab at the top, then look at the bottom left. There, it breaks down all your general needs for your country of each resource type. Keep in mind that you don't necessarily need to try and fulfil them all. For instance, if you have too many cement factories which are eating up all the coal in the global market, it'll show up as a "need" in the trade tab, but really it's just a bubble you need to burst (aka remove subsidies or delete the factories). For more details on which groups are demanding a certain resource, you can click the icon with the price in the econ screen. This will tell you where the resources are going, and how much. This can be very useful in discovering bottlenecks in your supply chain, which can lead to unprofitability and in the worst case, crashing the global market.

>Also if I'm on an economy where I can't construct factories and want a specific good, is it a good idea to invest in spherelings producing that good?
Usually yes. Basically, your spherelings will pool 50% of their resources into a a common market which is treated as an internal trade, essentially bypassing tarriffs and the global market. Not only does this help make your factories more profitable (import cheaper goods, and better likelihood of exports to your spherelings). If you're missing a vital resource like rubber or oil, this can be very good since it more or less guarantees that you'll be getting a slice of the pie. There are some instances where it might not be good, like if you're relying on those imports to generate a lot of income via tarriffs, but generally speaking it's a pretty good idea to sphere things.
>>
File: v3.png (349 KB, 1181x386)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
here's your vicky 3 bro
>>
>>552742
Yeah. It won't be quiet nursing hone. It'll be burning ghetto like Johannesburg.
Aaaah. Probelm solved. Surely this is much better then support your own population to have children. We definitely need more immigarion from Africa because jt worked so damn well for US and Brazil and South Africa...
>>
>>552742
>economic stagnation and from becoming a continental nursing home
A preferable future to what's going on right now.
>>
>>548101
>>548132
What is even the difference between Blood and Iron and Crimeamod? I have only ever played HPM and Vanilla.
>>
>>552944
Whats this?
>>
>>553302
It's vicky 3.
>>
there should be an anarchist ideology and when they take over the game should just play itself. No player input
>>
>>552533
>unrealistically because vicky doesn't let minorities assimilate if they have cores, even though that did happen in the ottoman empire.
It did happen but over a very long period of time. By the time any Balkan nation gains independence, which is like 30 or 50 years after the game starts, any assimilation to Turkish culture would be unnoticeable realistically
>>
does anybody have a torrent for V2 complete edition? I used to play the shit out of this, would love to try again. Thanks, friends
>>
>>552902
Update, I was vibing peacfully however I assume I've gained too much infamy or something because every other great power has declared war on me to contain me except Austria and Belgium
>>
>>553505
A small amount of assimilation would be appropriate, like single digits per month.
Assimilating to Turkish culture was just a matter of converting to Islam in most cases.
>>
does anyone know the event ID for meiji in HPM
i hate waiting until 1860 after ive westernized and want to trigger it straight away
>>
>>553935
go in the mod files for japanese events and ctrl f meiji
>>
>>553935
>>554035
It's called "the death of emperor komei" and initially triggers for the shogunate.
>>
>>554035
>>554056
thanks, death of komei is 97630 and death of the shogun is 97620
>>
>>553645
Yeah, once you hit 25+ infamy, every nation gets a free "containment" CB on you and you can probably expect a lot of countries to start declaring war. Once you hit critical mass, it stops being important since you'll be so powerful that most nations will be too scared to attack you. Before that though I'd probably recommend watching your infamy levels and make sure you're not taking too many big risks when justifying a war.
>>
How do you have fun as spain chaps? I've tried spain multiple times but each time I get cucked by rebellions, money and a slow grinding pain that feels worse then russia when it comes to literacy rates. Every GP doesn't want an alliance except the ottomans who then immediately get destroyed in the oriental crisis.

Native vic2 spain feels like cosntant revolts
Blood + Iron and HPM feel slightly better but literacy and industry.

I guess I'm just looking to ask if any of you chaps have good tips for playing spain?
>>
>>554221
>How do you have fun as spain chaps? I've tried spain multiple times but each time I get cucked by rebellions, money and a slow grinding pain that feels worse then russia when it comes to literacy rates. Every GP doesn't want an alliance except the ottomans who then immediately get destroyed in the oriental crisis.

build a strong navy and re-conquer the new world (you can start by declaring war on central american countries), be sure that on the long-term you can defend yourself against countries like the UK or the U.S
>>
>>553645
It's also a good idea to have a nice infamy cushion, so if you go to war you can add additional wargoals. Having high infamy also can piss off your population.
>>
>>554272
also stay away from european affairs, always decline being involved in an european crisis, just focus on the americas, colonizing africa and the pacific, it would be good if you can build the panama canal too
>>
>>547976
I do it once in a year as well. Even repeating a campaign I already did in a similar way feels fun. Yet it gets boring very quickly again. Back then I was tuning in each time HPM released a new patch, as it changed balances in the game and provided a different experience, now it is also gone.
>>
>>553505
>any assimilation to Turkish culture would be unnoticeable realistically
Millions of muslim Albanians, Bosniaks and Bulgarians and Caucasians immigrated to Turkey and assimilated into Turkish in that period. Plus Ottoman Empire received high influx of muslim immigrants from Russian Empire in the period. Both dynamics are lacking from the game, nerfing Ottomans any further without those benefits would just break Turkey harder than ever (It hardly survives in anyway).
>>
My economy fell into shambles despite me owning an entire continent so I had to disband my commerce raiders, which didn't fix the plunge into a deficit. Then it just shot back up when it was in the negatives minutes beforehand. What the fuck is going on? I've never felt like such a paper tiger before in my life.
>>
File: LMAO.jpg (8 KB, 382x382)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>554546
>industry-8
>american africa
>"french niger delta kingdom"
>austrian africa
>>
>>554221
You're gonna have to play more cautious and avoid mayor european wars until you can take the decision to get rid of the carlist war modifiers.
Also screw the new world, focus on SEA, cuck the dutch and anglos out of borneo (justify day 1 on brunei before it releases that one nation) and colonize the west african coast for those sweet sweet connected ports
>>
What's the most autistic, overloaded mod out there. I want everything.
>>
>>554683
Ultimate
>>
>>554628
I'm Portugal, bro... I can only industrialize so much. I incorporated a densely populated African state with 1m people to handle my factories but that's gonna take a while.
>>
>>554697
>1604
>Malta and not Hospitaller
Fucking cringe bro
>>
What are good nations to sphere?
>>
>>555237
Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico.
Basically, countries with good RGOs and countries with a lot of pops but little industry, which creates a captive market for your goods.
>>
>>555245
Thank you.
>>
File: Signs.png (232 KB, 342x512)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>
>>555245
Careful not to invest in railroads or factories in Belgium or Netherlands before the 1870s, as they can become GPs with somewhat high chance just from their industry score, which results in you losing the sphereing
>>
>>554546
the longer I look at this image the more the worse it gets and the more problems i find
>>
>>556251
point them out
>>
So what's the fastest way to westernise as China in HPM/HFM and then undo the century of humiliation? Normally you can only westernise by say 1890-1900 which gives you only 30 or so years to actually play the game.
>>
File: victoria 2.png (223 KB, 981x719)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>556289
>8 industry in 1886
>7/22 brigades
>can only mobilize 8
>only 19/176 ships
>only 64% literacy this late
>nationalism and imperialism that fucking late
>nothing in production
>unemployed craftsmen
>american africa
>Austrian africa
>Sokoto still exists
>0 national focuses in use
>only 2 national focuses available this late in the game
>7th great power this late despite having lower starting industry than some nations and only 7 brigades
>somehow 0 infamy despite owning half of africa and without the CB from nationalism and imperialism
>that pop consciousness this late compared to that militancy
>reactionary party in charge, was either forced to by rebels or you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot
>has active decision, probably the HPM settings because you are either retarded or a newfaggot and cant figure out how to turn it off
Think thats about it i think
>>
>>556366
Zanzibar still exists as well, and it looks like the dutch took Liberia for some reason.
>>
>>556366
My theory is that he tagswitched after dismantling everyone else with some alliance involving America and Portugal. There's no way a human was playing that for the better part of 100 years, right?
>>
>>556318
What about losing one of the various rebellions or playing as one of the "substates" and later conquering the rest of China.
>>
>>556366
>8 industry in 1886
I'm Portugal.

>7/22 brigades
Forgot to up my military spending.

>only 64% literacy this late
Idk, I encouraged clergy early on along with the education techs

>nationalism and imperialism that fucking late
Didn't need it for anything

I'm Portugal.

>nothing in production
I'm Portugal.

>american africa
>Austrian africa
What's so bad about these?

>0 national focuses in use
Don't have anything to use them on after the soldiers, craftsmen, clergy, and bureaucrats are inserted.

>somehow 0 infamy despite owning half of africa and without the CB from nationalism and imperialism
Anon, I just colonized with points. Do you play with mods?

>that pop consciousness this late compared to that militancy
Wuzzat?

>reactionary party in charge, was either forced to by rebels or you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot
It's HM's Government and they have State Capitalism and Jingoism. What's wrong with that?

>has active decision, probably the HPM settings because you are either retarded or a newfaggot and cant figure out how to turn it off
No, this isn't even HPM. That was just a national banking act decision.
>>
>>556391
Embarrassing.
>>
>>556377
Why don't you just go for the much simpler option that I'm a newer player? Like, I get this from people who have presumably been playing for years and it always feels so obvious that I just don't have as much experience so really weird theories like that feel convoluted.
>>
>>556391
oh yeah and for
>only 19/176 ships
I already said in the post that I disbanded my ships because my economy was tanking.
>>
File: 1605361068457.jpg (738 KB, 1915x1077)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
>check rebels page cause militancy was kinda high
>several hundred brigades of socialists ready to mobilize
turns out they're apparently just the entire population of ethiopia. and the rebel stacks are getting bigger every year or so
honestly have zero idea how I can clean them out without sending literally every brigade in to kill them
>>
>>556774
>without sending literally every brigade in to kill them
Aren't rebel stacks a lot weaker than regular ones? You could probably get away with just putting a 60k or even just 30k men and still win against the shitty rebel army composition.
>>
>>556774
>going colonial America
>60/396
>>
>>556784
hi /gsg/
bye /gsg/
>>
>>554546
What's your colonial maintenance spending? That's probably ruining you
>>
>>549248
What are you talking about? You get 4 free railroads and are positioned in a way to make huge profits off of larger powers. Machine parts , electronic parts, phones, and plane production will make you the richest in Europe. All the other European powers are too busy dying.
>>
>>556825
>colonial maintenance spending
The what?
>>
>>556832
Well there's your problem. Every colonial state costs you a certain quantity of military equipment which gets tossed into a void. Look above the military budget sliders at the two small numbers, one should say "military expenditure" and the other "colonial expenditure". You can hover over them
>>
>>556391
Actually helpful anon here.

>8 industry in 1886
As portugal it's actually possible to build a lot of industry on your own, you just need to know what to do. Switching to a reactionary or other party which has state capitalism gives you the ability to build your own factories while capitalists expand them for free. Then it's just a matter of encouraging craftsmen and educating your populace.

>Forgot to up my military spending.
He's referring to the unused brigade slots, which you'll have to recruit by clicking a province with enough soldier pops and training one there. Military spending (not to be confused with equipment spending) will only affect the number of pops who want to become soldiers.

>Idk, I encouraged clergy early on along with the education techs
4% clergy is ideal for education and you want at least the biologism tech.

>Didn't need it for anything
In vanilla, if you're a great power it lets you declare annexation wars against larger uncivs than before, which can rapidly boost your colonial expansion.

NFs are pretty much always useful. Even if you don't have a pop type you want, it can be good to encourage certain parties or industries to keep your country going in a certain direction.

>nothing in production
This doesn't matter if you're a small nation.

>What's so bad about these?
It's just extremely rare. America and especially Austria tend not to get anywhere close to africa (though I've seen the US annex morocco a few times)

>Don't have anything to use them on after the soldiers, craftsmen, clergy, and bureaucrats are inserted.
You can use them for other stuff, like making sure capitalists are focusing on specific factories or encouraging certain parties.

>Do you play with mods?
He does, ignore him.

>Wuzzat?
He doesn't understand that Africa generates a lot of militancy in vanilla.

>What's wrong with that?
Nothing, he's autistic.

No further comments.
>>
>>556912
Thanks anon. Does encouraging industry just make capitalists more likely to invest in it?
>>
>>556912
>Nothing, he's autistic.
Maybe reactionary parties are more prone to rebels? Honestly no idea what the retard anon was thinking, reactionary parties are great.
>>
>>556912
oh, and by the way, how do I make them go into factories faster? I always make sure to educate them early on but the low population size makes it really difficult to get any serious industry together. if I could get a good industry going as say, Greece, that'd be fucking magical
>>
>>556925
- encourage craftsmen
- high tariffs to make artisans starve and demote to craftsmen
- minimum wage reform
>>
>>556916
Pretty much, yeah. It's useful if you get a liberal party in power or otherwise want a more hands-off approach. They aren't fantastic, but vicky2 is a game where just about any bonus you can get is good.

>>556917
Agreed, especially so in the early game.
>>
>>556929
>- minimum wage reform
Fuck that I'm not caving in to socialist, or worse, communist demands.
>>
>>556929
Alright, I'll give it a shot, thank you.
>>
>>556932
without min wage craftsmen can get paid nothing if the factory is turning a loss
>>
>>556973
they should have crafted harder
>>
File: v2game_tCFMu0wt2v.png (820 KB, 870x667)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
1844 - it's going pretty well so far (I'm Bukhara)
>>
>>548242
Tbh it makes Victoria 2 feel a lot more like Stellaris, in that reforms aren’t simply what’s “best” anymore, for example in all the other mods that add serfdom, it’s simply bad to have and you want to get out of it ASAP, in Crimeamod serfdom is still mostly bad, but it does increase draft size by quite a bit, so if you want to you could go all out reactionary and keep it, and it’s not entirely bad.
Slavery is also totally overhauled and it now is actually a viable choice between a free population that industrializes faster, or a slave owning population that harvests RGO’s better. You also get a decision for certain governments to enslave all non-accepted pops over time, it works great.
I also think the AI aggression has been increased because you will see a lot of unhistorical wars fought over colonies. But if you want a sandbox Victoria 2 that plays a bit like stellaris, give it a try, the subsidies fix for the AI is amazing itself
>>
>>556987
>More africans than germans in germany
>germans aren't even in top 6
>>
>>556996
he only has slaves selected you mongoloid
>>
where the fuck did these dickheads come from?
>>
>>557011
Those are my slaves on the Caribbean islands I took from the UK in a crisis war in the 1850’s
>>
>>557012
>Texan Africa
Can I get a screen shot of the whole of Africa? Wtf does a world with Texas as a colonial power look like?
>>
>>557012
>where the fuck did these dickheads come from?
greece, probably
>>
>>557012
>once played as Texas
>colonized southern Africa
>US annexes their cores, leaving me in Africa
>save edit some Texan pops into my African colonies
>spend the rest of the game roleplaying as Texan Boers with the goal of taking as much cattle-producing land as possible
Comfiest game I've ever played in a Paradox game
>>
File: v2game_E2v5bTEdwx.png (657 KB, 812x549)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
>>556980
>>
>>557038
If you didnt ally russia yet your destiny is already sealed.
>>
>>557019
Still early on in the race but Texas isn't exactly an economic powerhouse so it'll be a few years before I can do anything. I have thousands of unemployed craftsmen that could be helping me industrialize but the capitalists refuse to fucking invest in factories. The only colony I can take is the one to the left of Angola, which I'm settling right now.

Will report back in when it's done.
>>
File: v2game_RmqjgBXvJh.png (495 KB, 667x496)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
>>557038
>>557052
I'm about to
>>
4% clergy is a bad idea even for low literacy countries because clergy lower consciousness. Consciousness is good, at least after the early game, because it makes pops want reforms and increases plurality, which also makes pops want reforms and gives you a 1:1 research points percentage boost.
The ideal clergy ratio, even for shitholes, is 3-3.5%.
>>
How do I check which cultures are accepted?
>>
>>557093
click on the country's flag
>>
PDX Victoria II is shit. Unhistorical map painting program that gives customers autism by allowing only a few palyable countries. Restore economy, blob and you're set. The preferred color is everywhere on the map.

PDX not even once.
>>
>>557077
>clergy lower consciousness
why the fuck did they do that
aren't intellectuals supposed to increase consciousness of issues??
paradox is retarded?
>>
>>557115
Literacy increases consciousness (modified by your press law). Intellectuals indirectly increase consciousness by increasing literacy, but directly reduce it.
You might want to run a totalitarian country with low consciousness and plurality, but literacy is always good. You can have high literacy and low consciousness/plurality by having a high intellectual ratio and state press only.

If intellectuals directly raised consciousness rather than reducing it, you could not play an autocratic totalitarian state because raising literacy (a necessity) would inevitably make it unsustainable.
>>
>>557115
both of you are partly right. other POPs follow the consciousness of clergy. high CON clergy will add pressure to raise other POPs' consciousness and vice versa. think of it like they're writing articles and holding speeches about how everything is fine or shit based on their personal feelings, and the other POPs are midwits who just believe them
>>
>>557128
>>557133
>the other POPs are midwits who just believe them
that makes sense and is pretty realistic
>>
>>557113
>allowing only a few palyable countries.
But you can play as any country, not just present on the map, but that has cores at the start. Sure playing as someone like the zulus will be far harder than playing as the US but the zulus are still playable and you can get them to a regional power at the very least if you are good enough.
>>
there are so many mods that I don't know which ones to play. There is too much choice. I just play anon's submod for HFM
>>
>>557175
>anon's submod for HFM
The very autistic one with retarded provinces in asia?
>>
>>557175
>>557177
didn't the autist get tired of it like 3 months ago?
>>
>>557177
yeah, a little
>>
>>556395
I've played the game for 5 hours and it looks retarded to me as well.
>>
>>557177
6 bhutans on the map are perfectly reasonable
>>
File: LAND OF THE UZBEKS.png (603 KB, 705x538)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>557068
*le 30 years of rebel stomping later
>>
>>557234
play weaker nations instead of a GP and you'll be in the same position.
>>
>>556917
I was thinking that he got a revolt. Or, that he had no ability to mobilize or build professional brigades because he had to keep putting down liberals. Low pop consciousness is really bad because its how you pass reforms, I thought he was lowering it by putting down liberals. Reactionary is great late game because you should already have liberal reforms done but they also piss off liberals really bad. He is researching imperialism AFTER he made his colonial empire and he put reactionaries in charge BEFORE revolution and counter revolution.
>>556391
>>556912
You niggers assume i have been playing since release or something but I havent. I clocked in 100 hours in pure vanilla no dlc's vic2 maybe 5 years ago and more recently 40ish hours in HPM with all the DLC. I have little more experience than you do. In paradox games being an "experienced player" means you have at minimum like 500 hours so stfu.
>>
>>557241
Invade the Punjab.
>>
>>557298
>I was thinking that he got a revolt.
It's not always good to assume anon, especially if the goal is to give advice.

>Low pop consciousness is really bad because its how you pass reforms
Reforms are overrated. The only reason you'd want to pass them is if you're getting a lot of militancy which is causing too much immigration, or if it's for healthcare.

>He is researching imperialism AFTER he made his colonial empire and he put reactionaries in charge BEFORE revolution and counter revolution.
N&I doesn't matter when clonizing unless you specifically trying to annex states like Vietnam or Burma. When colonizing Africa or the Pacific you really just want the life rating tech and naval stuff. Revolution similarly doesn't matter too much, especially if you know how to manage your economy and provide goods to your people.

>You niggers assume i have been playing since release or something but I havent. I clocked in 100 hours in pure vanilla no dlc's vic2 maybe 5 years ago and more recently 40ish hours in HPM with all the DLC. I have little more experience than you do. In paradox games being an "experienced player" means you have at minimum like 500 hours so stfu.
Wow, good for you. I have at least 1000 hours in Vic2 so far, 500+ of which is from vanilla, so I guess that makes me double experienced. And if you're coming out here trying to show off to people how heckin' experienced you are in vic2 because you have over 500 hours in the game then I'm sorry to say you chose the wrong forum. There's people out there with far scarier numbers than my measly 1000.
>>
>>557333
>which is causing too much immigration
I know you meant emigration here but is there any case where you would want fewer immigants coming in vicky 2?
>>
>>557311
I've abandoned the playthrough in 1907 because they were sphered and I didn't feel like being clever
>>
>>557333
>Reforms are overrated
Other than healthcare: minimum wage increases the buying power of your lower class, that is, most of your population, which lets them buy more goods, which makes your factories more profitable. Same for pensions, and safety regulations which increase pensions. Unemployment only applies to craftsmen and clerks iirc so it has limited use. Healthcare and education go without saying.
Transportation gets accepted culture pops into your colonies, and they can become bureaucrats. This increases admin efficiency in those colonies, so you get more out of them.
Free press and unions make your pops want more social reforms, so they're good. The rest are irrelevant once you're a constitutional monarchy, there's no benefit to not passing them. In fact, passing political reforms allows pops to start demanding the social reforms that you actually want.
>>
File: Turkestan.png (1.48 MB, 1366x768)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>557241
Go for this.
>>
>>557430
I'll probably do another Central Asia playthrough in the near future and try form Turkestan, couldn't be assed to deal with Russia and co. in this one plus I made a couple of fuck ups
>>
>>557366
Yeah, I did mean emigration. I guess theoretically, you probably wouldn't want immigration if you're just getting a bunch of non-accepted pops who aren't assimilating. It's pretty niche though and when it does happen it's usually too small to be relevant.

>>557425
>minimum wage increases the buying power of your lower class
Yet it doesn't matter if your factories are already profitable enough and taxes are low.

>Same for pensions, and safety regulations which increase pensions.
Safety regulations are paid out of your own pocket, and safety regs slightly reduce the efficiency of your industry.
>Unemployment only applies to craftsmen and clerks iirc so it has limited use
true
>Healthcare and education go without saying.
Already mentioned healthcare, and hopefully you aren't having issues with literacy unless you started as someone like China or Russia.

>Transportation
This is a reform from a mod, not vanilla which is what the conversation is about.

>Free press and unions make your pops want more social reforms, so they're good.
>reforms which makes your pops want more reforms is good because they make your pops want more reforms
I hope you can see the redundancy.

Like I said, reforms are overrated. Not to say that they're bad, just that most of them will really only give you marginal benefit outside of preventing emigration (or increasing immigration) and healthcare. They certainly aren't necessary.
>>
>>557452
>Safety regulations are paid out of your own pocket
Pensions are paid out of your own pocket*
>>
>>557447
You should definitely start eating up Persia, taking lands from Russia is an extra, in case other great powers fuck them up.
>>
>>557333
>>557333
>especially if the goal is to give advice
He asked me to point out everything wrong you idiot so i did
>Reforms are overrated.
retarded statement. Social reforms have zero downsides and only make your nation better. Even reforms with negative modifiers like work day drastically reduce the kind of life needs pops require meaning you raise the standard of living without providing more goods. This makes for less revolts because pops are getting needs, the negative modifiers are more than balanced out by industrial and commerce techs. Even the shitty political reforms cause pops to want more social reforms. Reforms provide massive bonuses with no pretty much no strings attached I cant even imagine calling them overrated.
>When colonizing Africa or the Pacific you really just want the life rating tech and naval stuff.
Africa has more nations in HPM, almost everyone plays HPM. It doesnt matter anyway because being on zero infamy means hes not using it efficiently. But again it double doesnt matter because he admitted to using a mod to replace it.
>Revolution similarly doesn't matter too much, especially if you know how to manage your economy and provide goods to your people
he has 8 industry dude, he clearly doesnt. Revolution and counter revolution is one of the best techs in the game, more focuses and it makes most rebel problems disappear.
>And if you're coming out here trying to show off to people how heckin' experienced you are in vic2 because you have over 500 hours in the game then I'm sorry to say you chose the wrong forum
autistic sperg cant even read. Your dumbass was trying to pass me off as a veteran driving off new players. So fuck right off with your hours shit. Second, if your literacy rate wasnt so dogshit you'd notice I said I only have 140 hours in game. Again, fuck off with your punching down horseshit and dont berate me when YOU brought up experience in the first place FAGGOT
>>
>>557473
>He asked me to point out everything wrong you idiot so i did
Please read the context of the conversation before that. Either you or another anon, stated that the more you look at your post the more you find wrong with it. He asked you to point out the problems and you did, while posting a vicky meme at the same time. You were the one walking into that discussion and trying to act as an authority on what a vicky game should look like. It was obviously a new player and if you just wanted to make that post to BM him then you've contributed nothing of value.

>Social reforms have zero downsides
>zero
>also can't distinguish between the words "overrated" and "useless"
Opinion discarded.

>Africa has more nations in HPM
About a dozen which sit in West Africa, while the majority of Africa is still uncolonized wasteland. Not that it even matters, when anon clearly wasn't playing HPM.
>almost everyone plays HPM
Untrue.
>It doesnt matter anyway because being on zero infamy means hes not using it efficiently
Not using what efficiently?
>he has 8 industry dude, he clearly doesnt.
Fair.
>Revolution and counter revolution is one of the best techs in the game, more focuses and it makes most rebel problems disappear.
If you're playing a small nation like Portugal though, it's very hard to make use of those focuses. As for the rebels, it's true it reduces the effectiveness of many of them, but it also increases communist rebels which are a bigger threat later on. It's give-and-take.

>this screeching
You were the one who brought up hours first, in an incoherent rant. I can understand what you meant now, but in your little tantrum you only stated that you played 100 hours 5 years ago, and another 40 hours recently. It sounds like you're appealing to experience there, especially considering the context of your previous posts. Perhaps if you weren't crying so hard or trying to epicly pwn a newer player you could actually read the words you typed before you hit "post."
>>
>>541657
why did anybody reply anything but sneed to this shitpost?
>>
>>557534
anon is right about one thing, though, hoi's economy is better

proof: setting up planned economy in CWE is a pain in the ass
>>
So is there anyway to keep the game from shitting itself too early with a game start civilized India and China?
>>
>>541650
I'm thinking that the current technology system is oversimplified and lacking. Global tech modifiers should be replaced with provincial ones when possible. That way spread and decay of technology could be simulated. Also provinces won't simply lose their technological capabilities upon being conquered by an inferior nation. The supply and demand may enter into it, if we account for RGOs, unemployment, etc. when simulating technological spread from province to province.
Essentially how it would work is, you get a tech, you then have a chance to receive the appropriate modifier(s) in the appropriate provinces across your realm. Having this modifier in an adjacent province would improve the chance, too. So you could have something like major technological centers spreading innovations through the country.
It could also be global, so it would be enough for one country to research something, and that research would spread to other countries, supposedly via trade, but at slower rates than if they had researched the tech themselves. Inter-country spread could be affected by reforms and policies.
Also there would be a chance of this modifier disappearing, to simulate social and economic decay, maybe war devastation, etc,
>>
>>557526
>muh context
no.
>It was obviously a new player and if you just wanted to make that post to BM him then you've contributed nothing of value.
I can do 2 things
>>Opinion discarded.
>provides flat bonuses on par or better than techs
>doesnt cost any resources
>reduces rebels at the expense of making your country better in every way
>lessens emigration to the america's because reforms are factored in
>zero downsides beyond factory cost increase and through put all of which are more than balanced out by tech
>somehow overrated
I think your opinion is garbage and you choosing not to explain why you think social reforms are overrated proves it
>Not using what efficiently?
infamy, but it doesnt matter because he was usin using a mod
>If you're playing a small nation like Portugal though, it's very hard to make use of those focuses.
he owns half of africa man, besides he could be encouraging industry or soldier pops, officers, literally anything. A nation of 8 million people should objectively be able to mobilize more than 8 brigades and have enough soldier pops to support more than 20. The problem isnt finding a place to use them, he clearly hasnt been using them.
>As for the rebels, it's true it reduces the effectiveness of many of them, but it also increases communist rebels which are a bigger threat later on. It's give-and-take
Communists have never given me anywhere near the amount of problems J*cobins have.
>DUDE STOP BULLYING THE LITTLE GUY WITH YOUR MILLION HOURS YOU TRYHARD EVERYBODY STARTS SOMEWHERE
>actually I have under 150 hours and just started playing again recently
>DUDE FUCK OFF WITH YOUR 500 HOURS THIS FORUM ISNT FOR YOU
>again I only have 140 hours in game
>OMGEEE STOP APPEALING TO YOUR EXPERIENCE AND TRYING TO OWN THE NEWBS
>>
File: v2game_cfGzHH6mvJ.png (120 KB, 240x417)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
converting all of my irregular stacks as china in hpm to 8 inf/2 cav (stfu I know it's probably not the optimal template) and then painstakingly merging them all together in preparation for Hong Xiuqian to show his ugly ass is the most autistic thing I've ever done
>>
>>557452
Transportation is in vanilla, bro, it's the second penal law.
>>
File: v2game_Ipw8wjRxgL.png (563 KB, 940x471)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
>>557718
here's my battle plan on how I'm planning to deal with the rebellion btw
>>
File: reforms.png (1.81 MB, 1920x1080)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>557668
>no.
>I can do 2 things
So you're denying that any reasonable observation of the conversation implies that you're just trying to show off your knowledge of how muh perfect vicky2 game looks?

>I think your opinion is garbage and you choosing not to explain why you think social reforms are overrated proves it
I made my points here: >>557452 and your inability to read any post that isn't the one you're directly replying to is growing more apparent by the hour.

>infamy, but it doesnt matter because he was usin using a mod
Fair.

>he owns half of africa man, besides he could be encouraging industry or soldier pops, officers, literally anything. A nation of 8 million people should objectively be able to mobilize more than 8 brigades and have enough soldier pops to support more than 20. The problem isnt finding a place to use them, he clearly hasnt been using them.
I'm talking about the fact that focuses are based on your number of accepted pops. Portugal has a very small number of them, so even if he did unlock 6 or 7 focuses from inventions, he'd likely only be able to access 4 or 5 by that stage in the game. And pop NFs only work if the pops are actively promoting to that class, so encouraging soldiers won't actually do much (if anything) if the military spending is already low.

>Communists have never given me anywhere near the amount of problems J*cobins have.
I don't tend to experience Jacobins nearly as much as communists, so we'll just have to leave this one at subjective experience.

>muh little guy
Again, you were the first one to talk about player hours and talk about what muh perfect vicky game looks like, so don't try throwing back your little guy speech at me after you were the one who made that the topic.

>>557722
Assuming this isn''t bait, I've attached pic related from one of my vanilla saves.
>>
>>557756
It wasn't bait, I legitimately thought vanilla had penal laws.
But vanilla V2 is horrific garbage compared to any of the major mods, I haven't touched it in many years. Everything from Japanese Yemen to the country colors and shitty flags is just atrocious.
>>
File: Screenshot (14).png (3.81 MB, 1923x1080)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB PNG
hehehe destroy france destroy albion wins again
>>
>>557756
>So you're denying that any reasonable observation of the conversation implies that you're just trying to show off your knowledge of how muh perfect vicky2 game looks?
never did that, dont care about perfect games
>I made my points here:
I read them, your points are simply terrible. Your pic related makes me violently ill. If you play like this you are legitimately hand capping yourself, its fine if you are roleplaying but you shouldnt be telling people reforms arent that great. I could go through each if youd like but not in this post.
>Portugal has a very small number of them, so even if he did unlock 6 or 7 focuses from inventions, he'd likely only be able to access 4 or 5 by that stage in the game. And pop NFs only work if the pops are actively promoting to that class, so encouraging soldiers won't actually do much (if anything) if the military spending is already low.
National focuses are great, if you cant find any use for them even in colonial territories thats your problem. Could be encouraging party votes could be encouraging immigration, colonial migration, anything.
>Again, you were the first one to talk about player hours and talk about what muh perfect vicky game looks like, so don't try throwing back your little guy speech at me after you were the one who made that the topic.
>Again, you were the first one to talk about player hours and talk about what muh perfect vicky game looks like, so don't try throwing back your little guy speech at me after you were the one who made that the topic.
I'll consneed this point. For some reason when I was reading these posts at 11 at night i thought you saying I was an old player bullying someone new, you never said that and i probably confused it for another thread i was arguing in. Anyway I dont care about a perfect vicky game, he asked for everything wrong in the image so I gave him everything wrong in the image down to the tiniest nitpick. I dont know why you find that so offensive.
>>
>>557333
based
>>
>>557473
>he admitted to using a mod to replace it.
No, I didn't. What?
>>
>>557106
thank you
>>
>>557867
here it really sounds like you were implying you used mods >>556391
>Anon, I just colonized with points. Do you play with mods?
>>
>>557902
Points as in colonization points. I was asking because I never had to fight to conquer most of my land so if you had to, you would be using mods.
>>
>>557918
yeah like I said HPM adds more african nations, most people play with HPM. Having 0 infamy is still fucking odd though, considering 1 conquest wargoal can be 10 or more. Should really be justifying on 3rd world shitholes, spain or brazil instead of sitting on it
>>
>>557810
The Worker's Commonwealth has such an incredibly based flag
>>
>>556987
>ashkenazi slaves in Berlin

OK.
>>
>>557133
>think of it like they're writing articles and holding speeches about how everything is fine or shit based on their personal feelings, and the other POPs are midwits who just believe them
Just like IRL.
>>
>>557718
>>557723
Good shit. How's it going?
>>
>>557919
>NOOOOOO YOU HAVE TO BE AT WAR CONSTANTLY
No, peaceful vicky 2 games are fun, this isn't hoi4 where the only remotely fun gameplay is in the wars.
>>
>>558180
Sitting at 0 infamy makes me feel like I'm wasting resources. I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.
>>
>>558180
you generally want to since many wars are pretty much only positive, and not using some infamy means you are essentially wasting a resource
you can rp all you want and if you're having fun that's all that matters, but it still means you're wasting it, even more so if you're planning on colonizing as much as he did
>>
You do have a period and country appropriate playlist of songs for your current campaign right?
Care to share it?
>>
File: focus points.png (78 KB, 377x244)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>557823
>never did that, dont care about perfect games
>cares about low infamy
>cares about passing reforms
>cares about how many soldier the nation can field
>cares about how many NFs are in use
It sure sounds like you care about min/maxing.

>I read them, your points are simply terrible. Your pic related makes me violently ill. If you play like this you are legitimately hand capping yourself, its fine if you are roleplaying but you shouldnt be telling people reforms arent that great. I could go through each if youd like but not in this post.
So again you make it clear that you care very much about the "perfect game" and optimization. But sure, go ahead and go through my points, and keep in mind my actual stance so you don't embarrass yourself.

>National focuses are great, if you cant find any use for them even in colonial territories thats your problem. Could be encouraging party votes could be encouraging immigration, colonial migration, anything.
You still don't understand. Just because you have the tech, doesn't mean you can actually use all the focuses from tech. If your population is too small, you get nothing. See pic related.

>I dont know why you find that so offensive.
The only part I find offensive is your immediately hostile attitude. I'll admit, I had thought you were an experienced player based on your first 2 posts, but you were the one to turn hostile first. I'm simply responding in kind.
>>
>>558608
I wonder if the guy you're responding to is the same guy who thinks raising a child is a form of slavery. Or the one who got pissy that people didn't like that Vic 2's economy is confusing. I get similar energy from him.
>>
>>558679
>the same guy who thinks raising a child is a form of slavery
What? How?
>>
>>557718
I just keep track of them by region, so I can disband the rebels as soon as the event hits.
>>
>>558730
>say slavery is morally unjustifiable in the CSA
>he says slavery isn't because parents have control over their children, which is a type of slavery
>chimps out when it's pointed out that in no way does child rearing fit in the definition of slavery and spergs out when it's pointed out that, even if it were true, that obviously wasn't the type of slavery being discussed
That's basically it
>>
>>558692
Someone was asking for an example of an instance where slavery could be moral/neutral. I said that children could be considered a form of slaves to their parents and share a lot of similar qualities like restricted rights and autonomy. In this case it's considered moral because children aren't considered capable of making profound decisions and could easily die if they were given too much freedom. There's no point in bringing it back up though since the whole argument is archived somewhere. Here's a summary for you though:

>anon asks to justify slavery morally
>I say that slavery on its own is neither good nor bad and it depends on the circumstance, then give an example
>anon contests the definition and asks for a semantics debate
>anon gets mad because the debate is now about semantics
>>
>>556318
I've played dozens of china games in HPM and I'm convinced that there's no way to westernize faster than just encouraging intellectuals and taking all the +RP decisions/events (except for Winds of Westernization because unless you're 2-3 years from westernizing when you take it, losing to 1000+ reactionaries is inevitable), and taking the foreign universities reform first. If you maximize taxes you can maximize education funding. This lets you westernize by early-mid 1880s. I like stealing try philippines from spain and such, but trying to take bits of Japan (for the high-literacy citizens) just results in losing those bits later when Russia declares for them or the japanese unify and take them back.
>>
>>558748
If you're really lucky and fast (and savescum), you can switch to Taiping when the rebellion hits and gets tons of RP from taking individual states from Qing and westernize before 1860.
You'll probably get swamped by reactionaries but it's been done successfully.
>>
>>558736
holy shit it really is the same guy lmaooo it's amazing how you can just tell by his spastic energy
>>
>>558734
>>558692
>>
>>558981
says the person unbelievably obsessed with a random poster he feels the need to analyze every post ever made and determine if it's the evil meanie who keeps calling out his dumb bullshit
>>
Does anyone have a link to that anon's really autistic HFM submod?
>>
>>558993
>recognizing a retard's posting style is being obsessed
lol
>>
New World Order or Cold War Enhancement, which one would you recommend playing and why?
>>
>>559003
It's one thing to recognize it in a thread, but to "recognize" people from different threads that happened weeks ago and feel the need to make posts about how you're some sort of master deducer who can spot a single anon out from the crowd and how you remember every conversation you had with them is beyond obsessed. Not that it matters anyways, because you're wrong. I just dropped in since I recognized you were obsessing over me and thought my fan could use some encouragement. Keep up the good work anon! I hope you're always thinking about me :)
>>
>>559013
>having the ability to remember things means you're obsessed
based goldfishanon
>>
>>559020
I can remember conversations I've had, but I don't go out of my way to project some boogeyman charicature onto every post I don't like. That's obsession, if not autism.
>>
>>559039
>remembering a retard when seeing a spastic post means you're obsessed
man your arguments really haven't gotten any better.
>>
>>559045
You're trying to attribute both comments to a single poster, not just "remembering." And now you're just backpedaling because you realized you might be wrong again.
>>
>>559053
>remembering things means you're obsessed
okay, you basically keep repeating this argument with different words so I'm gonna let you go since I don't think you're equipped to have your conversation. I'll try to remember your unique brand of autism in the future since that seems to be bothering you so much
>>
>>559057
likewise, since apparently every conversation you have is just you being delusional and backpedaling
>>
Is artillery really strong or something? By the stats it doesn't look that powerful, but it's roughly 1970 and my armies are getting annihilated. Attack or defence I'm taking 2x the casualties my enemies are, even when significantly outnumbering my opponent.
I'm up to date on tech, only real difference in army composition is the opponent has more sometimes 2x the amount of artillery I do. Cavalry amounts are the same, I of course have more infantry.
>>
>>559080
CWE or NWO? Both preserve the OPness of artillery from base vic2
>>
>>559098
Base vic 2.
>>
File: vicky2.png (2 MB, 1920x1080)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>558608
>It sure sounds like you care about min/maxing.
again
>>point out everything wrong with this image
>>ok heres EVERYTHING wrong with the image
I dont care about perfect games but he was objectively not playing a good one. I pointed out everything wrong so why do you keep strawmanning me making it sound like I give a shit about minmaxing?
>So again you make it clear that you care very much about the "perfect game" and optimization.
read, its in your own post:
>its fine if you are roleplaying but you shouldnt be telling people reforms arent that great
>keep in mind my actual stance so you don't embarrass yourself.
dont worry they do that on their own, maybe in HPM i agree with you but not vanilla
>it (minimum wage) doesn't matter if your factories are already profitable enough and taxes are low.
Like other anon said it increases buying power which they can use to get life needs. Wages are paid from capitalist pocket, not yours and since you raised poor wages thats technically more money you can tax. Beyond that, its always a popular reform and will keep militancy down at 0 cost to you.
>Safety regulations are paid out of your own pocket, and safety regs slightly reduce the efficiency of your industry
No they dont, it increases factory cost and reduces everyday needs for pops by 20%. It doesnt do anything to throughput. That equals less revolts and militancy because pops are more likely to get everyday needs without increasing production or paying for it in any way.
>unemployment
makes pops less likely to revolt when liberals get in power and accidently shut down half your industry
>B-but it costs money!
It doesnt if you dont have unemployed pops and even if you do have unemployed pops you can turn it off in the budget just like pensions. Even when it costs money its jack shit. I have over 70 thousand unemployed in new york alone and the budget cost is only 600ish a day
1/2
>>
>>558608
>>559214
should prob link the post im getting quotes from>>557452
>hopefully you aren't having issues with literacy unless you started as someone like China or Russia
Its not about that. Good schools is 20% education and another 4% immigrants, thats on top of the bonus to population retention for when pops check if they want to emigrate and compare reforms (im certain this is different from the 4% immigration) Thats 2 techs worth of education. Getting good schools during a war would reduce revolt risk and keep you up on literacy when you might be falling behind doing army tech. Theres literally no reason not to.
>I hope you can see the redundancy (political reforms).
Yes, it snowballs. Thats what makes it good but it comes at the expense of choosing your own party like the starting monarchies do, plus they are all % towards immigrants and are checked by pops to see if they want to emigrate vs reforms at home. If you are playing the US for example, basically no reason not to. I never sacrifice choosing my own party though.
>just that most of them will really only give you marginal benefit
not really no, everyday/ luxury needs also wasn't touched on much and is pretty massive. The tech tree alone more than doubles raw throughput by itself and that doesnt event count the inventions that increase it 10-20% based on factory type, nor does it count input/ output from commerce. Thats also not counting railroad tech which can get you almost 100% more throughput on a province. The 20% malus to throughput and double factory cost simply do not matter from mid to late game. Especially factory build cost since much of your industry should already be built anyway.
>>558679
no i am not the same person and i dont know why you would assume that. I would never get mad if someone found the economy confusing and have my own problems with it so i dont know why you would try to tie me to some other retard's autism gravity well
>>
File: thanks for showing up.png (178 KB, 1900x966)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>558981
>>559003
boy am i so glad that i read the thread more and that this retard you are talking about showed up to false flag me and make unrelated posts look worse
>>
File: bottom (you).png (136 KB, 1837x973)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>559258
>>
>>559204
how exactly did you get to 1970
>>
>>559265
fUQ
meant 1870.
>>
>>558180
its fine to roleplay but if you want to do well you should really be making the most of your infamy
>>
>>559080
my stack is 4 inf 4 arty 1 dragoon and 1 engi. Its not exactly meta but its pretty close. infantry and arty should always be equal numbers because of how combat works.
>>
why's there two /vg/ generals
>>
>>559258
Sorry, dude, I was just being an asshole, I didn't think you were being as bad as him.
>>
>>559080
Artillery is quite literally the most powerful unit in the game aside from maybe endgame airplanes. There's a reason why the meta is to cram as much artillery as possible into the back line, and the later techs for artillery buff it much more.
The reason for this is artillery's incredible "Support" value. This multiplies the base damage (say 6) by the support value percentage (say 300%) if the unit is in the back rank. This would put artillery damage all the way up to 18.
>>
>>559544
I forgive you anon
>>
>>559214
>>559253
I dont care about perfect games but he was objectively not playing a good one. I pointed out everything wrong so why do you keep strawmanning me making it sound like I give a shit about minmaxing?
Anon, it's not just the first post you made. In the one you just made before this one, you said that looking at an image of someone not passing reforms made you "violently ill." If you're getting that upset over someone not playing the game how you want them to, then perhaps you do care. And that's okay.

>Min wage
You don't understand how minimum wage works. It's a minimum. As in, if your factory was already profitable enough then min wages don't actually do anything. And if your tax rates are low enough then the pops get more buying power as well. Like I said, it's not a necessary reform.

>Beyond that, its always a popular reform and will keep militancy down at 0 cost to you.
I already said that reforms are good for keeping down militancy and emigration. And even if the cost is low, the benefit is little. Which is also my point.

>No they dont, it increases factory cost and reduces everyday needs for pops by 20%.
I already corrected myself in the post immediately after that one. Please read the thread. And factory cost can increase spending quite a bit, especially if you're running a very large industrial nation lategame.

>unemployment
It has limited use, already stated. Ideally you won't have any unemployment and when you do it's only for a limited time.

>Education
20% is alright, but compared to how much you normally get from tech it's pretty small. It's nice, but not required.

>Yes, it snowballs. Thats what makes it good
No, anon. The redundancy comes from the logic that reform = good and more reform = more good. Sometimes you don't want to pass a bunch of reforms immediately, since it'll get rid of a powerful tool for reducing militancy. And making your pops want more reforms will also increase militancy long-term. (cont.)
>>
is it true that tragsg has moved to a secret new website?
>>
>>559588
>not really no, everyday/ luxury needs also wasn't touched on much and is pretty massive.
Lowering tax rate gives similar outcomes. And I should also mention that many reforms tend to impact capitalists negatively when the middle/lower class in benefited, so even if you are able to help lower class worker buy more goods to often reduce the buying power of capitalists who look for a lot of lategame resources (planes, cars, etc.). If you want to prove that the benefit is really that massive, you'll have to actually do the math on it, and even then not every country will be the same.

>The tech tree alone more than doubles raw throughput by itself and that doesnt event count the inventions that increase it 10-20% based on factory type, nor does it count input/ output from commerce. Thats also not counting railroad tech which can get you almost 100% more throughput on a province. The 20% malus to throughput and double factory cost simply do not matter from mid to late game.
I can give you throughput, the effect is quite small comparatively. However factory cost tends to be another thing. If I remember correctly, it also increases the cost to upgrade them. So if you're playing a particularly large industrial nation like Germany or the UK, it can cost quite a bit over time. And the money spent here can also often go into reducing taxes which has similar effects as most reforms.

also
>keeps talking about emigration
I already stated that emigration/militancy is one of the primary reasons you should take a reform. My only point throughout this whole discussion on them is that passing reforms for the green numbers is only a marginal benefit at best.
>>
>>559564
How many airplanes are you meant to have in the end game?
>>
>>559614
Whoops, sorry, not what I meant to say at all. I meant how many in one stack of 10 units.
>>
>>559614
>>559618
it replaces the dragoon/ current recon unit
>>
>>559618
you could just replace the cavalry with them so two in each army or you can make them your entire back line
>>
>>559588
>You don't understand how minimum wage works.
You are way oversimplifying how min wage works
>if your factory was already profitable enough then min wages don't actually do anything.
Not necessarily true because you are really overstating the effect of profits. To calculate, it divides a factories profits by 2 and pays it out as wages. If it is higher than the minimum wage they get the profits, if its lower it comes from capitalists. Yes, if your country is running perfectly and you have managed to make every last bit of your 5,000 industrial score turn massive profits it wont matter. More realistically you are going to have subsidized factories and other lower profits. Minimum wage is up 80% at last reform. What do you think that sets the profit threshold to? It also calculates based on worker pops so just because your factory is producing 100 dollars everyday it really matters whether or not thats the result of 100 workers in a factory or 1,000. Profits dont tell it all because you need to look at the amount of workers as well. it also takes into account price of life needs and you administrative efficiency.
>And even if the cost is low, the benefit is little. Which is also my point.
Again, not true. It increases the buying power of pops which is a big deal.
>factory cost can increase spending quite a bit, especially if you're running a very large industrial nation lategame
It doesnt, look at my US game in the previous post. I had liberals the whole game and I passed every single reform. You will spend a metric shitload more on naval bases then factories. Double cost is extremely low for the late game, large industrial nations will be spending all their cash on navies and not cheap factory upgrades.
>20% is alright, but compared to how much you normally get from tech it's pretty small.
its 1/3rd of the tech tree my dude. 2 education techs. If you do this in an MP game you are behind massively and as the game goes the gap only increases.
1/2
>>
>>559588
>>559608
>>559682
>It has limited use. Ideally you won't have any unemployment and when you do it's only for a limited time.
It stops pissed off workers at 0 cost. Look at that post again with how much unemployed I have vs the expense in the budget, it might as well be free for only 600 a day with probably a quarter of a mil or more unemployed. Thats generous benefits too btw. Do you think the pops you killed in communist and jacobin revolts was worth less than 600 day? I can guarantee you those 70,000 pops in new york alone are worth much more than 600 a day.
>The redundancy comes from the logic that reform = good and more reform = more good.
Yes.
>Sometimes you don't want to pass a bunch of reforms immediately, since it'll get rid of a powerful tool for reducing militancy
If you are minmaxing you want more militancy not less
>And making your pops want more reforms will also increase militancy long-term
Yes, you want that to pass more reforms. Its called revolt farming and they do it in sweaty MP games to pass more reforms. If you want to try hard you pump pop consciousness and militancy to pass reforms. When they revolt you pass the reform you want and most of the rebels disband so you dont even have to kill them.
>Lowering tax rate gives similar outcomes.
Very backwards way to get the same result. Reforms are flat 25% reduction for strata. Besides that you arent passing minimum wage so poor strata dont have any wealth to keep anyway. The reform essentially creates value out of thin air at the expense of capitalist investments for factory build costs. You dont make money off rich people anyway, so you shouldnt be taxing them. Far more efficient then not taxing the largest source of income (poor people).
>So if you're playing a particularly large industrial nation like Germany or the UK, it can cost quite a bit over time.
Again check above US game, this doesnt happen.
>>keeps talking about emigration
Because your really underselling its importance
>>
>>559614
Airplanes are a bit weird for meta army composition because they're recon units like hussars (who fight in the frontline) but want to be in the back like artillery. What I like to do is swap them for hussars, remove 1 artillery, and add 1 infantry from a 4-1-5 stack.
>>
>>559564
Ah alright thanks. So something like other anon suggested 4 inf, 4 arty, 1 dragoon and 1 engi would work fine.
>>
>>559682
>>559712
>Reforms are good
Fuck of jacobin, commie, or whatever you are, I will not give any ground to the revolutionaries, the king's reactionary government will last forever.
>>
>>559796
Hussars have more recon than dragoons.
>>
So what's the point of dragoons?
>>
>>560079
Dragoons are slightly better at combat than hussars, but recon is much more important so it doesn't matter much.
>>
>>554700
To properly industrilaze your pops need proper literacy. Should have bettter used you home provinces. It doesn't matter if province will have 50%+ craftsman because you have bunch of raw goods from africa.
>>
>>554546
Do you have any economical or industrial tech? How the fuck does this happen?
>>
>>557012
If you capital is in new world you will have increased immigration bonuses in ll your provinces all over the world. Even if your capital is only 1 province in the americas.
>>
File: russian civil war.png (2.14 MB, 1600x900)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
Back to working on my Russian Civil War mod again (haven't worked on it for like a year). I have a question/poll for anons though. Should I:
A. Continue aiming for maximum compatibility, accepting less immersion/quality in favour of working with HPM, HFM, BAI, etc.
B. Focus only on being a HPM minimod, allowing for things like custom modifiers, new nations (Kuban, Whites, etc).
Not really interested in finding a mix between both since that would detract from the actual coding/modding side of things. I personally only play HPM but idk maybe BAI or something else is better after 3 years of no updates.
>>
>>558608
What the fuck is your malfunction? You play like shit and your stuff is all retarded. Why do you insist on arguing about stuff you don't know anything about?
>>
>>560275
B, most people play HPM only
>>
>>560275
B, but civil wars didn't only happen to Russia. I think it would be a good idea to add potential civil wars to a lot of countries. I don't know how complicated that would be but it would be really fun.
>>
File: europ.jpg (606 KB, 1920x1080)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
ugh...
>>
>>560588
what could have been if it wasn't for sjw libtards
>>
>>560275
B, and like >>560509 said a general civil war rework would be nice. my dream (and i know this is impossible) is that ideological rebels can seize states the same way patriots can if they hold it long enough. meaning if rebels occupy part of your country and you do nothing it breaks away and gets cores on you.
again i know this is impossible in vic2 but its my dream
>>
>>560275
You should switch to TGC.
>>
File: russian civil war 2.png (817 KB, 995x690)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
>>560509
>>560603
I agree that making it generic would be cool, it is actually somewhat possible in the way you describe - HPM has states declaring independence if rebels hold their territory for a long time, and you can probably figure out a way to allow for breakaway governments.
In reality though it would be janky and kind of unimmersive. The way I want to (and intend) to do it is start with the Russian Civil War, and have that have the most content+flavour, then have a few generic civil wars for common Great Powers.
Most people have said HPM so I think I'll fully embrace that. Expect to see a provisional release later this week I guess. No promises...
>>
I dismantling mod exclusive? If not, how can I make it appear?
>>
>>560673
It is indeed mod exclusive.
>>
File: thumbs up.png (57 KB, 244x375)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>560646
>In reality though it would be janky and kind of unimmersive
yeah thats what i figured. though i like the was that Imperator did civil wars the one time i played it. when areas rebel they become their own country and when you occupy land you instantly annex it
>The way I want to (and intend) to do it is start with the Russian Civil War, and have that have the most content+flavour, then have a few generic civil wars for common Great Powers.
sounds cool. would try/10
>>
lol

>>560698
also, no need to spoiler Imperator. since 2.0 it's pretty good actually.
>>
>>560704
is it? i havent touched it since February 2020. i played one Rome game, one Macedon game, then got bored
>>
>>560731
Yeah it's pretty solid now. Give it a try.
>>
>>560731
Best PDX game after V2 rn (and maybe CK2)
>>
>>559841
As I said its fine to roleplay but besides that I never do political reforms and always stay monarchy so I can pick my party, which is always conservative or fascist. If you dont do reforms your nation is objectively worse than mine and thats just a fact.
>>
>>560079
recon
>>
>>560768
That's what hussars are for, dragoons are worse hussars who are slightly better at combat.
>>
File: peace.jpg (52 KB, 587x765)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>560746
>>560750
alright, ill try something like Athens into Greece. also are tribes any good?
>>
>>559796
Update, holy shit does extra artillery make all the difference. Thanks bros.
>>
>>559796
>>559717
I thought the meta was to switch to 20-brigade armies after 1880. in which case you could have 2 planes and 2 planes on the front/back of each flank, and 8 each arty and inf (or 6 inf + engineers for forts) on the back and front mainlines?
>>
>>560867
2 planes and 2 cav lol
>>
>>541660
>hoi4 is a game dedicated to world war 2
HOI4 is fundamentally dedicated to simulating a single war. Whether said war is WWII or some other war that was modded in is not important, what's important is that the logistics and whatnot behind one single large war is what the game is supposed to be centered around, and so many modders don't understand this and end up trying to make the game into a sandbox like Vic and it frustrates my autism every time

>>541657
I hate focus trees, simple as

>>542258
From what I've read, modding HOI4's UI is really easy, I've even seen mods in the Workshop that convert the game into a Texas Hold 'Em simulator

>>548138
There's already an event which allows you to annex a sphereling if it has the same primary culture as you, you can try making a small mod that makes a similar event for annexing sphered uncivs if certain conditions are met, idk what they'd be

>>553534
Just pick one
>>
>>560779
i use whichever one is all the way to the right and has 2 recon
>>
>>560646
I think one way you could do it is to have 2 tags for every (important) country. Like GER for normal Germany and GRM for breakaway Germany. This would mean that all civil wars would only have 2 sides, but most civil wars only had 2 sides anyways.

You could have events that turn states into bases for an ideology. Like if Germany was unstable you could have events that make some states super communist and others super fascist and then the GRM tag takes all the commie states and starts a civil war.

I don't know how difficult that would be to create but we can dream
>>
>>559841
with an absolute monarchy (in HPM and maybe other mods) you can dissolve parliament, put in like 90% socialists in the upper house and pass reforms that way while still being an absolute monarchy
>>
File: Screenshot (733).png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
I'm playing HFM, but I don't know why that anon had such trouble. This is before any colonies really kicked in as well.
The thing about Portugal is that your literacy is so low that you really can't rely on capitalists. Just build your own industry, the pops will come. I went for an education-naval build, which means I was terrible against Spain.
>>
>>560799
Nope
>>
>>561075
Portugal starts as an absolute monarchy right
>>
File: Screenshot (734).png (1.63 MB, 1920x1080)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>561094
Constitutional.
>>
>>560927
It reduces plurality by 10 each time, which reduces your RP gain by 10%. It's only worth doing for healthcare and child labor/education, and only for a few reforms at that because countries that start as absolute monarchies and stay that way until socialists have low plurality to begin with.
France with Nappy3 is the one exception.
>>
>>558966
You can't get conquest RP in HPM without Winds of Westernization which kills a Qing run about 3-5 years later. So you are suggesting that a player should switch to TPG and then savescum until they get an event with a MTTH of something like 20 years before proceeding?
>>
Is HPM actually worth using or is it one of those things where people are just using it because they've used it for so long now?
>>
For japan is it possible to westernize before the admiral perry event in HPM? Should I be playing as the shogun or imperial japan?
>>
>>561331
Wrong. You can't get conquest RP if you have the isolationism modifier. TPG starts out with neither isolationism or western influences.
My post is correct.

>>561378
There are some problems with it, but it generally improves all aspects of the game without fundamentally changing how you play. Any major mod is better than vanilla.

>>561395
Before the admiral perry event? No, you will never accumulate enough RP before that happens.
Shogunate Japan is better because you're independent. Make your first reform western shipyards and immediately build ports and then a couple of clipper transport fleets. Once the admiral perry event fires you'll lose isolationism and can get conquest RP.
Justify acquire state in vietnam and declare war for cochinchina, you'll have enough jingoism to add another acquire state for annam.
You'll then have enough RP to get to 85% westernization and will have enough for 100% shortly. You can westernize before 1860 this way. Research state and government and you'll get a decision "peace with the emperor", bypassing the Boshin War and unifying Japan. You can then conquer siam and burma if you're quick about it.
>>
>>561409
thank u anon
>>
>>561409
>>561412
earlier in this thread i went into the mod files and found that death of komei event is 97630 and death of the shogun is 97620. as imperial japan i westernized before 1850 and then popped the event because i didnt want to wait a decade. thats what i would recommend. you only need to do 97630 as imperial japan
>>
What's the optimal modern army comp for a ten stack?
>>
How do I fix pops not having their needs met even on 0 taxes?
>>
>>541650
>us somehow gets involved in the meiji restoration
>us army stuck in japan
>civil war happens
>confederacy quickly overwhelms the us enough to secure a white peace
Good game.
>>
>>561495
4inf4art1tank1plane.
Unlikely that you can sustain a tank for every stack though.
>>
File: v2_1.png (2.81 MB, 1920x1080)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
Find a flaw
>>
>>561604
not controlling the entirety of patagonia, not having colonized south georgia and not having any pacific ports too although that last one isn't that important if everything west already got colonized
>>
>>561604
it looks like you havent declared a single war
>>
>>561629
wheres uruguay paraguay and southern bolivia
also falklands but i dont remember if theyre uncolonized at the start of the game or under brit control
>>
So which mod should I base my alt-history mod entirely based on what I would think is interesting off of?
>>
File: v2_2.png (2 MB, 1920x1080)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>561623
>not controlling the entirety of patagonia
Patagonia is controlled in its entirety by the republic. Pick up a map once in a while
>not having colonized south georgia
Under the control of the brits from the start of the game and in the same state as St. Helena and other islands, which would've made it look bad. Also those islands are full of brits
>not having any pacific ports
Wasn't interested in the pacific

>>561629
>>561638
Yes, I declared for my cores in Jujuy and Alto paraguay, which made my borders look like shit so conquered paraguay to also add upwards to 100k platinean pops to my country. Later on I attacked uruguay to gather the remaining platinean pops in the world under the dictatorship.
Thought about grabbing Rio Grande do Sul and Parana from Brasil but that would've put me in a constant struggle against the brasilian and their british allies for the remaining of the game.
Fought only one war against the Brasil-British coalition and absolutely destroyed the brasilian army and international prestige while defending my coastline from the australians with my battleships.
The brits didn't even show up and they were already trying to sue for peace by offering me the falklands. I accepted because I was already taking loans to maintain my mobilization
>>
One of my friends sent me this

https://www.reddit.com/r/badeconomics/comments/em3l26/victoria_2s_flawed_economic_model_and_the_good/

Newfag so not sure if this is common knowledge but apparently hoarding money is what causes you to have a later economic collapse as money that should be going to your POPs is sitting there doing nothing.
>>
File: subcon.jpg (147 KB, 720x815)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
This is a really nice comic. Comic AAR that goes over the unification of India as Punjab.
>>
>>561934
huh, Ive never had this end game issue before. I usually try to keep my daily money at 2,000 and my treasury at 5 mil (more if im upgrading ports). I just dont see a point in hoarding more money when you could be making more ships, more ports, more factories, more brigades etc.
>>
>>561934
>>561965
It doesn't matter that you, the player don't hoard money if the AI does, and boy does it. There's a mod that forces the AI to refund taxes past a certain treasury value. It doesn't work properly out of the box and needs to have the values modified a bit but it solves this problem.
>>
>>561934
I've played this game extensively and i never really noticed this crisis. Is this vanilla thing? I've haven't played vanilla in many years.
>>
>>561604
chile exists
>>
>>562285
It happens in every mod to some extent if this fix isn't present
>>562281
Only crimeamod incorporates it by default iirc.

You may not notice everyone becoming dirt poor but pops should be able to afford everyday and luxury goods in significant amounts by the end of the game, but they usually can't because the AI hoards all of the money, which is effectively removed from the economy.
>>
>>561604
Having liberals in power instead of an absolute reactionary monarchy.
>>
>>562515
honestly if you're playing anything that isn't a hyper liberalized democracy in the americas you're doing it wrong
although its all pointless since vicky devs just had to tack on a 4972585% immigration bonus to the us
>>
Any tips for Panjab to India? Gonna try it again. I managed to get 70 industry with profitable factories but my stacks cost around 500 per day when my treasury isn't good enough to sustain it for even a year. It was around 1872 when I westernized because I didn't want to give up my holdings but the money I made from the factories didn't help much.
>>
>>560704
>Überkleindeutschland
>>
>>548132
Sorry, I only use HFM.
>>
>>563148
Based.
>>
File: Hank06.png (28 KB, 144x195)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>he plays the U.S.A isolationist
>complains about it being boring
>>
>>561409
You can westernize japan prior to 1860 without wasting all your infamy on conquests, just max relations with USA and set speed 5. Once you're in the USA sphere the economic reforms cost much less, and economic reforms are more RP-efficient anyway.
>>
>>547988
Blobbing is actually hard to do because of the cointainment wars after you reach +25 infamy, unless you are greater germany with an army adove everyone else you're going to have a hard time
>>
>>564415
And? It's still about blobbing.
>>
>>564512
The real world is about blobbing. Everyone wants access to more people, more resources, and more glory. Just because they couldn't doesn't mean they wouldn't if they had the chance. The only reason grand strat games get a lot of blobbing complaints is because the player is almost always more efficient than the AI in the long-run, so once you get a slight advantage it'll snowball. The same is true for every strategy game where the players aren't roughly 1:1 in skill level.
>>
>>564523
>The real world is about blobbing.
Nice cope.
>>
>>564531
Name 1 country that voluntarily chose not to expand without internal or external pressures keeping them from doing so. Every country in the history of the world has tried to blob at every opportunity they could get.
>>
>>564178
>wasting infamy on conquests
You want to conquer vietnam anyway, and when you westernize you get a 10 year global 0.08% boost to pop growth. You aren't wasting anything, it's better to do it this way.
>>
>>562561
Anyone?
>>
Haven't browsed /gsg/ in forever, is HPM guy totally dead or what?
>he worked in China so there's a good chance he actually died of the coof
>>
>>564575
China
>>
>>566437
I saw him post a few months ago saying he's just been busy.
/gsg/ has been an unusable cesspit of schizophrenia and autism for years.
>>
>Try Crimeamod
>All general traits and backgrounds are replaced with a simple and clearly labelled attack and defense bonus
I love this, I wish other mods did this. Maybe if victoria 2 had an easy way to sort through generals based on stats I would rather have regular traits but with how it is, I just either end up ignoring general traits or wasting ages on looking for the one general with really good bonuses.
>>
>>566734
/gsg/ has never not been that
>>
>>566734
>go to /gsg/ half the thread is just autists just spamming /v/ buzzwords without even directly replying to anyone
I'm honestly surprised the mods haven't banned that shithole yet
>>
>>567042
It was usable when I frequented it. 5 years ago, maybe?
>>
Where can I download the crimeamod anons?
>>
>>564575
Numerous shithole Latin American countries have passed bills to "join the United States," which the US obviously doesn't accept. We don't want to be responsible for fixing Guyana, you know?
>>
>>567279
Have you ever heard of filibusters? No, not the congressional thing. They were very similar to american manifest destiny - infact, they coincided with the immigrations west that they might as well be called the same thing.
But they were different for some very some important distinctions. They were military expeditions the United States sent out, usually supervised by a state or federal body, to expand it's territory and power. They invaded Nicaragua, Mexico, Cuba, Florida, Louisiana - Americans were relentlessly and constantly broke treaties. This particularly happened late into their history, with the wars against the indians.
Obviously in the modern era where America was the third largest nation in the world it didn't need extra territory and defended it's national identity of the 'coast-to-coast' romanticism. But back for hundreds of years it was a den of greedy invaders just like the rest of humankind.
>>
>>561604
>only 2 mil pops in 1935
If you lose a quick war against Brunei you cheese out some reforms to get immigrants sooner
>>
>>567321
>in the modern era where America was the third largest nation in the world it didn't need extra territory
Thus disproving your statement that no country has ever passed up an opportunity to seize territory.
>>
>>567680
I didn't make that statement, and America just switched from outright taking territory to administer itself to installing military bases and influencing nations through currency rather than administration posts and troops with colonization.
You are, again, wrong. Even if this project is a rather disastrous thing that has nebulous results, it was just american imperialism.
>>
>>567680
You're have that anon confused for me, and you don't even understand the point. I'm not saying that countries just try and annex everyone, but rather that they only annex territory when they think they can get away with it. If they don't think they can hold the territory, often they don't bother trying. But as long as they have a reasonable chance of holding on to it without any protests/rebellions/containment wars, they go for it 100% of the time.

>>566496
>China
This one is fair, China was often fairly content to stay relatively isolationist and keep a ring of tributries around them, but also keep in mind how they usually invaded anyone who either didn't pay tribute or were raiding them. I think China is an exception though, but still a fair point.

>>567279
This one is not a great example. The US was happy with annexing Hawaii and Texas because they were relatively close, had a low chance to rebel afterwards, and wouldn't spark conflict with neighbors - although in the case of Texas they were denied for 10 years because the US didn't want to fight Mexico yet. The shithole SA countries were basically the opposite of these, which is part of the "internal and external pressures" bit that I stated.
>>
>>567043
/vg/ standards are below bottom of the barrel for this site, just look at most of the gacha generals
>>
>>567043
>ban a containment general
For what purpose?
>>
>boot up HPM
>get to map
>crashes
>do it again
>map flickers on and off
>crashes
>do it again
>turns completely black while loading and my screen flickers on and off
>sound glitches the fuck out
>have to do hard shutdown
The fuck is going on? If someone could send their game files over to see if it works that way I'd appreciate it because this shit is insane. Does it not work on pirated versions of the game?
>>
>>568168
Works perfectly fine on my pirate version. Maybe check your game version and the mod version for it etc.
>>
>>568168
works on my machine :)
>>
>>557033
Based.
>>
>>567853
happened to victoria 2 general/blood and iron general/cute male general
>>
>>567748
The point is that real world countries expand in "common sense" ways while rejecting nonsense blobbing that would inevitably lead to even worse outcomes than the already-stupid version of "light" imperialism that superpowers exploit today. Japan or Vietnam were never going to become "The 51st state." This is in contrast to the original post that sparked the argument, which said
>Every country in the history of the world has tried to blob at every opportunity they could get.
>>
>>568168
PM'd you the fix
>>
>play Greece in HPM
>ally Russia against the Turks
>they spend all their time sieging down the puppet states
>get sieged down almost entirely
>Russia starts going after the Ottomans
>they white peace out
I don't think I've ever resented someone more for helping me in my life.
>>
>>567663
I prefer to roleplay as the peoples I play. Would you open your country to hordes of chinks to flood it and fuck up the economy?
I got some immigrants as my country inevitably liberalized due to the increase of literacy in my pop but it wasn't the primary source of population growth in the country
>>
>>570214
That's fair. I usually do it because the absurd NW assimilation bonuses let you turn a million chinks into true pure blooded citizens within a decade
>>
>>570214
Argentina literally let anyone with a pulse come in because it was a huge empty country.
Buenos Aires let non-citizens vote in elections, even.
>>
Anybody here play DOD? How do you westernize as qing empire fast ? China reunification barely gives any research points and reactionary rebels are too much to deal with. For some reason my superiour infantry stacks can't deal with rebel irregulars
>>
>>570415
And where did that get them?
>>
>>570415
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Argentina#Cities
I'm a little bit behind but my economy allows me to support 10 battleships, 10 dreadnoughts and 20 cruisers, which is one of the best navies in the world so I don't see the reason to import more people
>>
>>570541
It got them pretty far until the retarded landowners didn't industrialize and capitalize on all the manpower and bountiful land they had sticking it as an irrelevant nation forever.
>>
>>570638
sounds like the exact thing that happened to brazil
what a cursed continent, giving onions and begging for any tech
>>
>>569792
Congratulations anon, you missed the point again. Like I said, internal and external pressures are almost always the only reasons why a country would choose not to expand or annex territory. I hope I don't need to explain to you why "every opportunity they can get" doesn't imply that nations declare suicide wars in order to capture 1 inch of desert for 20 seconds before being pushed back.
>>
>>570681
there is no point to miss here because your whole argument is silly in the first place, since every single thing that involves a country can be defined as an internal or external pressure
literally nothing will ever convince you because you can easily deconstruct any given situation in internal or external pressures

the obvious thing you are ignoring is that every country has only ever expanded due to internal and external pressures as well, and any example you may give thinking it disproves this can just be shot down in the exact same way
>>
>>570681
>internal and external pressures are almost always the only reasons why a country would choose not to expand or annex territory. I hope I don't need to explain to you why "every opportunity they can get" doesn't imply that nations declare suicide wars in order to capture 1 inch of desert for 20 seconds before being pushed back.
None of that has to do with rejecting a petition for annexation.
>>
>>570704
Okay, so you just missed the point again or are just retarded, so now I have to actually explain it t you. The original post I made pointed out that in real life, everyone wants more land because it has access to more resources, more people, and more glory. If they are unable to hold onto it long-term, then 2/3 of those reasons are pointless. This was a counter to the usual tallfag argument, which tries to portray "tall" as both a realistic and viable alternative to playing "wide." In reality, nations didn't "play tall" because they didn't want to expand, but rather because they couldn't expand. And in nearly every instance where they found an opportunity to gain long-term access to a piece of land, they took it. This then plays into the second post, with "internal and external pressures."

Now sometimes, a nation with the military strength capable of annexing a large amount of land might not take it. But the reason always boils down to the same point: that they can't control it long-term. The US likely could have annexed large parts of modern-day Northern Mexico during the Mex-American war, but chose not to because they didn't expect it was something they could reasonably control, unlike they territory they did end up taking. Either the provinces would be too rebellious to take full advantage of their resources(internal), or would sour their relations with Mexico even more or other countries which might drag them into future wars(external).

TL;DR: the point is that "tall" play is not an alternative, but rather a necessity when countries run out of expansion opportunities
>>
>>570734
You'll have to read previous posts for that explanation anon, assuming you can actually read.
>>
>>570737
you are really hung up on this point so generalized its impossible to prove wrong and on how smart it makes you feel
>>
>>570771
>generalized
Of course it is. History is big and the amount of wars fought makes it hard to come up with an overching theory/idea of it without generalizing a bit.

>its impossible to prove wrong
The only reason I made the argument was to explain why tallfags were retarded for complaining about some dumb "blobbing" argument instead of advocating for actual mechanics which would simulate the reasons why empires stop expanding. If you genuinely can't find an issue there because you're too hung up on muh generalization then you can either try to narrow down the conversation or fuck off.

>how smart it makes you feel
I don't think I'm any more or less smart than all the other anons in this thread. The only one here who is pretending to be smarter than everyone else is you, who complains about someone's argument without making any attempts to actually narrow it down or engage with it in any meaningful way.
>>
Just started as France and I'm already in a fight with England over my possessions in the Lesser Antilles, what's something worthwhile to demand from England
>>
>>571314
Ceylon or gold coast.
>>
>>571314
The isles, after that removing all the anglo stain on the world will be easy.
>>
how do i find an mp group that isnt full of 14 year olds and turbo autists
>>
>play shithole country
>constantly making debts
>research technology for better farming
>make money for a month
>then with nothing else changing suddenly make debts again
I guess all my artisans just decided they prefered being poor and started producing worthless trash or something.
>>
>>572387
then your tariffs aren't high enough. Your number one priority is always to kill off small-buisness as fast as possible
>>
>>572393
I have everything maxed of course. On second thought it's probably just that artillery or something like that became available on the market, so my military supplies started tanking the balance.
>>
>come up with vicky 2 idea
>start working on a mod
>get a giant chunk done because of covid
>realize that no one on gsg would play it because muh rome in setting

So how unsettled should I make the Americas? I was considering having native Americans pops somewhat recovered because of an earlier outbreak of old world diseases caused by shipwrecked sailors. I was also considering how to work in the Turkish migrations in a world where the Islamic moment didn't knock out the Sassanids and ERE.

I'm still keeping the benduin and berbers Islamic for the sake of having an unending jihad in the middle east and north Africa.
>>
I discovered that, at least in HPM, AI Russia will often make a 400k+ stack consisting of 99% of its army and park it somewhere, unused.
This is why Russia so often gets boned by otherwise manageable rebellions. It just doesn't do anything.
>>
>>572511
This post is hard to follow, but will you post a screenshot or something? Peak population of the Americas pre-contact actually could have been pretty high, estimates vary widely of course but over time the evidence has started to add up for higher numbers overall than what was previously taught even just a decade ago. Buddhist Turks in Europe would be pretty neat.
>>
>trying to become republic
>finally get 6 socialist rebels
>they're 2 squares from my capital
>after occupying something they move away from my capital
Fucking idiots, I guess I'll have to position my armies around them so they can only move toward the capital next time.
>>
>>572650
>Wanting to become a republic
>Not staying an absolute monarchy
>>
>>572668
I was a presidential dictatorship in south america.
>>
>>572683
Get absolutist rebels then and become an absolute monarchy, your el presidente deserves to become el rey.
>>
>>572683
>>572691
>absolutist rebels
Meant reactionary rebels but my point still stands.
>>
>>572668
>absolute monarchy
cringe as fuck.
>>
>>572698
Not sure how I'd even accomplish that, but I was trying to make my shithole dictatorship successful, not turn it into even more of a shithole.
>>
>>571314
This nigga here again, 10 years later and the anglos are back
What should I take now? Is Hong Kong worth anything
>>
>>573128
Check what trade goods it has, if it's precious goods or gold then yes.
Keep in mind too if you really want to fuck over the *nglo menace you can demand freedom for their subjects and colonies. Ireland would be a great place to start and any nation you free is automatically in your sphere with maxed relations once you peace out.
>>
>>573194
It's just cotton
Ireland seems a bit expensive to liberate
>>
What the hell do I do now? Portugal's retarded ass released India so I'll have to take that back at some point but I still have no idea what I'm meant to do as far as retaking India is concerned.
>>
>>573383
Forgot image.
>>
>>573443
Hope you're ready to fight the british for easily 5+ years each time and slowly retake india. prioritize the coastal regions so rebels release the inside provinces and let you conquer
if you're lucky, UK will get into a great war and fuck their military strength so they're more likely to broker peace deals
>>
File: nAI57hfak.png (3.25 MB, 1920x1080)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
ugh... Groot Nederlandse rijk
>>
>build the Suez
>now have only 8k but my economy is pretty good so no problem
>every time my money reaches 10k it goes back to 1k or I automatically take a loan
why the fuck is this happening
>>
File: 1618197010021.jpg (61 KB, 349x326)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
What do I physically press to turn a colony into a state? I feel like a fucking idiot here, but I don't understand what or where I need to go to do this.
>>
>>574009
>why the fuck is this happening
You’re buying something once you reach that amount of money, probably inputs for factories or something like that, try cancelling all subsidies.

>>574127
The little Brown colonial button, the same one you press to upgrade from a protectorate to a colonial state
>>
>>574127
The little cabin icon on the top of the window
>>
>>573611
>yellow Germany
What mod is this?
>>
>>574166
Crimeamod, though I think they only flipped yellow when they became socialist. It's probably a game mechanic designed to punish you for fucking up.
>>
>>574149
>>574148
Oh, Christ. Thank you!
>>
>>574174
>Crimeamod, though I think they only flipped yellow when they became socialist.
Lmao I was wondering if they’d do something like that
>>
>>574174
for me it’s:
>GroßDeutschland tier
Dark Grey Germany
Black Germany
>Good tier
Brown Germany
>Acceptable tier
Light Grey Germany
Yellow Germany (German Confed)
White Germany
>DDR LARP tier
Red Germany
Yellow Germany (Communist)
>Oh shit nigger what are you doing tier
Light Blue Germany
Olive Green Germany
>Joke tier
Pink Germany
>>
>>574009
Oh I just remembered, in some of those mods where it’s really expensive to build the canals, you can pay more than you have, but until that’s repaid you’ll lose money every time you go to like 10k, I think it’s a hidden event
>>
>>574254
Oh
>>
>>557133
...how do the other pops know which particular clergy pop to adjust to the CON of?
>>
>>574306
This is just a guess, but they must be matched by culture.
I base this on the existence of the "kill 2% of the clergy of x minority culture or they gain 3 con event", and that pops would read shit in their own language.
>>
>>574306
probabky matched on culture and if there are none of their culture they follow primary culture clergy
>>
File: 20210503180529_1.jpg (417 KB, 1680x1050)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
Any tips for my first Vicky 2 game in probably 9 years and the first one where I know sort of what's happening?
>>
>>574199
German Confed is gold, which looks nice on Germany. Commie Germany is yellow which looks like shit.
>>
>>574399
Why haven't you eaten Algeria or visited the bank of Africa yet as Spain? What's your infrastructure and sphere look like?
>>
Morocco not Algeria.
>>
>>574404
I control Benin, as seen in the screen cap I posted, and the shitty middle part of Vietnam because I didn't read the smallprint in the Treaty of Hanoi that said France gets the Southern portion. Morocco is still free because of my infamy being too high (afak every just goes apeshit and Zerg rushes you if it's over 25, right?) and my sphere is the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Columbia, Venezuela, Peru, Sulu (but I don't remember doing that) and Persia.

Any tips on inflating prestige so I can stay in the G8 would be appriciated.
>>
>>574454
UK gets lagos by event, and since it's already 1863 that could happen right away. You need to conquer oyo asap.
>>
Isn't National and Imperialism meant to give me a unification CB? Ended up just deleting India from the campaign because they were getting more territory from the Pan-Nationalists and the fact that they could be released was fucking retarded. Got 50 War score fighting to liberate them as Portugal's puppet, which is beyond what I needed to annex their territory were their part of the other powers so I honestly could not give less of a flying fuck. Also, is there a way for me to trigger the crown from the gutter event? UK fell to a communist revolution and lost all their puppets but I imagine there has to be a better way to get my land back than just going over the infamy limit and using conquest on everyone. If I get the crown, the campaign is as good as done, though it is completely possible as is desu. Will send pic of current map right after.
>>
File: mapa.png (3.21 MB, 1920x1080)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>>574493
>>
>>574466
Will do. Fucking English, they've shafting me since the day I was born.
>>
>>574493
The unification CB is only available to great powers, so unfortunately you won't be able to do anything until you get your rank up.
>>
>>574618
Aw shit, so this run was over from the moment I released nations as puppets. That really fucking sucks.
>>
>>561395
in hpm you can conquer the philippines starting day 1 as shogunate if spain doesnt ally netherlands or anyone else strong.
just build a bunch of transports and sail down there with like a 30 stack, get ticking warscore, fight defensively when spain actually finally shows up (could take over a year even)
>>
Any good mod that feels significantly different from hpm/hfm?
>>
>>574791
Blood and Iron has new casus belli.
Divergences of Darkness uses HPM as a base but is an alt-his setting.
Cold War Enhancement is a major overhaul.
>>
>>574886
>Divergences of Darkness uses HPM as a base
I thought it used pop demand.
>>
I was looking at the game files and noticed that slave pops don't have life needs at all, can anyone explain the significance of this? Does that make them economically desirable or something, because they don't consume much anything?
>>
>>575119
even if they dont consume anything it doesnt really mean they're better than other pops
if a pop consumes just a little bit but produces 10x more than slaves then the slaves would hardly be any better
>>
>>574922
The current version uses HPM.
https://github.com/Capitanloco6/Divergences-HPM
>>
>>575196
Okay, so how's it all work then? I'm curious about the inner workings of the game, what's the reason they don't consume anything but 1 coal for everyday needs and 1 opium for luxury needs
Would it break the economy if I changed that?
>>
>>575286
>Would it break the economy if I changed that?
most likely
vicky 2's economic system was reportedly done by an autist in few weeks and nobody truely knows how it works
a minor change can turn into endless economic crashes
>>
>>575290
>done by an autist in few weeks and nobody truely knows how it works
unbelievably cringe and untrue rumor with no basis on reality
>a minor change can turn into endless economic crashes
this part is true though
>>
Tips for economy building? Even when I build factories to produce goods that are supposedly in high demand they usually sell at a massive loss.
>>
>>575298
>with no basis on reality
most likely, its all hearsay
>>
>>575300
education
subsidies
tech
more craftsmen
idk what else, don't let the liberals get into power and keep subsidizing and building shit, one day it will make a profit, thats how i play and it always fucking works lol
>>
>>575300
Make sure you're using putting factories where they get synergy from RGOs, promote clerks as soon as possible for extra RP as well as output, get factory input and output techs. It's gonna be harder if you're in a sphere/not a GP.
>>
File: What is this.png (578 KB, 1104x687)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
What is the thing in pic related, and do I have to balance the researches or do I just stack up on a specific tech line?
>>
>>575464
Some countries start with specialized tech schools. mouse over and you'll see what bonus% you get from certain schools and penalty% from others
in general, you want techs for research points and plurality, medicine after for pop growth, and then choose based off your decisions available and goals (I.E, military conquest, colonization, etc)
you'll hit a minimum year requirement if you go hard down a line so don't worry too much about hyperfocusing on a line. you can also store research points up to a year's worth if you want to get a head start the year before on a benchmark decade
>>
>>575470
are you telling me that if I don't have a national research focus I'll get points for it?
>>
>>575488
Basically, you get a certain amount of research points every day and when you research something you're just investing those daily points until you complete the tech. If you don't have any research selected, you can effectively store those points for up to one year. The strategy is basically just stop researching stuff in 1839, 1859, 1869, 1879, and 1899, so that when you hit the turn of the decade you can dump all the free points you've been saving into the next research bonus tech. It's not too useful otherwise, but the same general logic applies for any tech you want to get an early lead on.
>>
>>575535
I don't understand this game at all maybe I'll stop playing if it still doesn't click after 30 hours
>>
>>575577
Paradox games can take it up to 100 hours for you to really "get it", and then another 100-200 to realize that the game is actually shit although it scratches a particular itch so you keep playing.
>>
>>575783
idk man the game seems so slow to me, I know this game is not about conquering so I focus on non conquering things and since I know jack shit I just wait looking at the screen doing nothing.
People always suggest these things:
>don't touch trade it's complicated
>have free economic policies let capitalists too what they do
>promote intellectuals/clergymen until it's 2 percent in a province
>spend all money on education and admin efficiency
>do some research mombo jumbo
I don't know what to do other than this, and when I do them it the game moves so slow.
>>
>>575119
No, slaves are terrible because they can never promote and since they have no income you can't tax them
>>
>>575783
>the game is actually shit although it scratches a particular itch so you keep playing.
i hate how accurate this is
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (614 KB, 1920x1080)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
Extension-anon here, I finally figured out what was causing the crash in the 1940s in my mod and I fixed it. Come check it out.

https://github.com/ujtcelvn/Ending_Extension_Mod
v0.4.3 changelog
>removed clerked_nation tiers 3 and 4
>reduced local_intensive_agriculture farm_rgo_eff from 1 to 0.75
>quantum_theory is now required for nuclear_theory
>fixed a bunch of typos in a bunch of inventions
>buffed early carrier construction inventions, nerfed carrier doctrine inventions.
>secondary powers want to cling onto colonies more
>motorized_infantry cheaper to supply but also require radios, increased its weighted_value so AI builds them more
>increased aircraft_carrier weighted_value so AI builds them more, adjusted build and supply cost

>cleaned up Goods.txt
>Busuluk 1043 made to flip to oil instead of than Samara 1034, because Samara isn't known for oil while Busuluk is.
>Yasuj 1137 made to flip to oil in 1930, capital of Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Province, where the Aghajari and Gachsaran oil fields are
>San Antonio 137 to flip to oil in 1930, representing the spread of the East Texas oil field
>Ras Gharib 1772 to flip to oil in 1930 "more petroleum was found in the late 1930s along the Gulf of Suez. "
>Olney 168 to flip to oil in 1905 "The Illinois Basin has produced more than four billion barrels of petroleum.[6] Major oil production began in 1905 "

>1940s crash bug fix:
>delete buildings.txt
>maximum fort, navy base, and infrastructure reduced to 6
>naval_doctrine_7 now speeds up carrier build time
>tech_infrastructure_7 now increases rgo and factory output
>army_doctrine_7 now only increases dig in cap
>>
File: 20210505010723_1.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
After forming China as the Regency of Nanjing in DoD, I'm kinda hooked. Going from a primitive nation to becoming a great power is different when reunifying China, because constantly annexing provinces accelerates your research point gain way faster, and you can do it constantly because there's no infamy game. Modernizing is far more interesting as such compared to playing any other power. Currently forming China as the 'dong. Exploiting the Taiping rebellion and fucking over the Qing is fun, and now that I've crushed Hong Xiquan's armies, I can steamroll through him

Ni Hao
>>
>>575973
I'll give you some redpills:
1. Don't touch trade because there's no point, EXCEPT: once you have a good amount of money, stockpile a few hundred iron, steel, lumber, cement, machine parts, explosives, steamer convoys, regular clothes, (~100) luxury clothes, (~100) wine, liquor, ammunition, canned food, artillery, and small arms. Just set it there and forget it for the rest of the game, adding fuel when it unlocks. This will let you instantly (or at least quickly) start construction on units, ships, forts, railroads, and naval bases because the trade AI will not slowly buy the needed goods, it will buy hundreds at a time.
2. Once you understand the basics of how factories work, the best thing to do is use a state capitalist party (if you can switch to it) to build a solid base of factories, then switch to an interventionist party and only subsidize military goods.
3. Clergy should be 2% if your country starts with 50% literacy or more, otherwise you want at least 3%.
4. Research philosophy, national focus and chemistry techs asap, you'll learn the others to prioritize as you play.

You can do whatever you want otherwise. Justify CBs and go for it. If you still just sit around and do nothing then it's your own fault. Play something else.
>>
>>576363
To colonize I need naval bases, correct? Even for a non naval country like Russia.
>>
>>576505
Yeah, you need colonial points which come from naval bases and ships.
If the province you want to colonize is overseas, it needs to be within range of a naval base. I believe the naval supply range techs increase colonial range as well.
You can conquer territory from uncivs if you can reach them by land or transport ships, regardless of colonial range or points.
>>
Always get your crown from the gutter, lads, you could always clean it up later. But man, it's fucking gay you can't peace out individually with puppets so you can annex them. Taking them in wars is ridiculously expensive and releasing any puppet is 30 WS. It basically means you can only fully form India if Britain and releases all its puppets.
>>
>>567321
>They were military expeditions the United States sent out, usually supervised by a state or federal body
The filibusters were specifically not done with government oversight or even approval revisionist nigger
>>
>>576578
Play on a mod with the dismantle nation cb, and join the opposite side of GB in a great war
>>
Hey guys I'm trying to make a mod with a heavily reduced Europe in terms of expansion and with Islam making it no farther than north Africa, Arabia and the horn.

So there are going to be a lot more Buddhists and zoroastrians running around but I'm at a bit of a loss about what to do with India and the americas other than just handing them to natives. Also which tribe should be the notmongols of the great plains?

Vicky 2
>>
india should be mughal or a theoretic post-mughal collapse
>>
>>576957
When does the change in your alt history timeline occur?
>>
https://www.moddb.com/mods/crimeamod
crimeamod is now found here
>>
>>576962
During the dark ages

Islamic moment still happens but fails to knock out either empire
Native Americans are exposed to European diseases at an earlier date so they are starting to get back on their feet since colonization didn't really happen.

Southern Europe is a shithole with russian/ottoman level tech and reforms

I'm trying to work out a history that isn't too far fetched but still changes up the gameplay by having a more interesting americas and a faster civilizing east asia.
>>
>>576978
Southern Europe would need to get razed on a Mongol Conquest scale to be that fucked up. A plausible scenario for that will be tricky.
>>
>>576987
Alright I suppose I'll have to say it, the reason Europe is so stagnant and such a shithole is that the wre managed to hold on longer and ended up in a similar navel gazing phase as the ere.

I'm honestly planning on making it miserable to play as a nation.
>>
>>576978
>Native Americans are exposed to European diseases at an earlier date so they are starting to get back on their feet since colonization didn't really happen.

How’s that happen? Vikings? Not a big deal but would matter if you planned on any sort of Vinland country.

> Southern Europe is a shithole with russian/ottoman level tech and reforms

What’s going on in Northern Europe? Is it more advanced than the south or even more primitive?
>>
>>577013
North is more advanced than southern Europe politically and economically however they are also more divided than in our timeline and still lagging by our standards. They are trying to break out of the cesspit that is Europe and secure the luxuries of the east.

Right now a lot of my focus is trying to figure out how to simulate a lot of conflict around the Indian and pacific oceans between the old empires which are in the process of either disintegrating or modernizing.

Southern Europe is busy with jihadis in north Africa and the middles east leaving everything north of the Atlas mountains a virtual Vietnam for the established powers everything south is going to stay Islamic. I'm not sure if I want Persia to be Zoroastrian or a mix of that and Turkish Buddhists. Meanwhile while that's going on the French want to finish smashing the rump state and the Germans are going to be busy reuniting their own empire.

Like I said I want a faster westernizing Japan, China, Persia and whatever is going to be in northern India.
>>
>>577013
Oh sorry I forgot to answer the disease question, Vikings, lost sailors from Western Europe and who knows maybe the survivors of a certain West African expedition.

It's actually been theorized that Europeans didn't even bring TB over and that it might have been seals. Regardless I was hoping to make America as interesting as Africa in terms of colonization during the time frame.
>>
>>576775
>only way to fix the an obvious issue is through mods
fucking hell
>>
>>577070
>>577061
Personally I'd like it if the Americas were more like OTL SE Asia. Places like Central America will have a larger population, but that doesn't mean they'll be more technologically advanced suddenly, which is why Qing China and the Mughals weren't producing any Nobels.

Confine Euro colonisation to the coast, with inland, the West, and Central America being full of moderately populous uncivs. You can then have the colonial powers fight over them. I guess this is just transposing the excitement around the Seven Years' War into the Victorian period, though.

Or maybe you could have some equivalent of the Great Game scripted, except it's between a USA which managed to take Quebec and $otherpower (France or Spain?) for control of the area between Mexico and Alaska, with the US going for annexation and the Europeans wanting to set up protectorates as a captive market.

That also gives you an excuse as to why Japan and India have breathing room to westernize. Europe's attention is still fixed on the New World.
>>
>>577209
Well I suppose I'll have to see how it goes with some of my early playthroughs, right now I'm in the middle of changing over all the pops in the balkans, Turkey the middle east and north africa.

Honestly my excuse for greater westernization is a lack of Islam and greater trade in the Indian Ocean the Turks that are staying are getting swapped to Buddhist, the Kurds are going to be Zoroastrian as are most of the Iranians. Egypt is getting it's own unique culture and maybe the Levant as well. I'll post a pop map of Iran when I've got it somewhat complete.
>>
Remembered this supplemental mod for HPM from a while back, https://www.nexusmods.com/victoria2/mods/6
Anyone played with it? Opinions?
>>
>>577061
>>577070
>>577209
>competing Native American polities consolidating into modern Nations-states and dealing with westernization - issues of nationalism emerge among natives as they grapple with modernization
>maybe confederations like the Iroquois have solidified into monarchies as they grew in population, must now deal with ethnic tensions among the constituent nations ala Austrian Empire
>Numerous European states with small colonial outposts on the coasts of the mainland, giving many options for colonialism, and new rivalries
>So, so many failed/proposed colonies from IRL that would be neat to see: Vinland Colony, Courland with some small city, Genoa actually funded Columbus like he had tried to and claims Hispaniola or something, Ny Sverige, New Amsterdam, Independent Huguenot refugee state, maybe even Morocco (are they muslim in your timeline?) has grabbed a piece for some Arab presence in the new world, an exile monarchy fled to the New World, Kleinvenedig, friggin Knights Hospitaller (actually owned Carribean islands IRL), a Jewish state!
So many possibilities
Could be cool
>>
>>577276
Parts of Morroco are but it's going to be involved in continuing border wars. I'm considering putting a radical republic in the Caribbean but that's still pretty iffy to me.
>>
>>577360
You simply NEED a Haitain radical negro people's republic
>>
>>577365
I mean that would be pretty amusing but I'm not even sure if I'm going to include the Atlantic slave trade as opposed to keeping around the kingdom of Congo. Jesus I can't type that without wanting to make jokes about wakanda
>>
File: akyu gun shit.png (127 KB, 500x639)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
Does anyone know why Peruvian land is so fucking expensive?
>justify on peru
>few pops, think I can take at least one more state
>turns out it costs ~80 warscore
I ended up only taking 2 states and puppeting the rest because the warscore cost was so high
>>
Any mod that addresses army management? It's literal hell to reorganize stacks after some battles.
>>
How do you guys go about your late game armies? Play India and am only fielding like 200 of the 700 troops I can because the thought of managing all of them into proper stacks seems really fucking boring.
>>
>>578513
At a certain point I just stop caring since 99% of the time I am just throwing stacks of other conquered pops into the meatgrinder. I do usually try to keep at least a few solid stacks of organized troops.
>>
>>578513
i stop playing
reaching more than ~60 in game years is a milestone for me
>>
>>578513
Because theres no templates or army management buttons like EU4 where you can make standardized stacks easily I just set a rally point to a province and then make 30k stacks one at a time. When A stack is finished I move it off and then start raising new units. If victoria 3 was just the same game but with the EU4 army management screens I would be completely satisfied.
>>
>>578513
because your population will keep on growing you can always build fresh stacks that will be perfect in composition. I use those as the spear head of my armies and everything else is a mix and match mess
>>
AAAAAAAAH HOW I FUCKING WANT PROPER RGO, PROPER PRICES FOR ITEMS AND
M O N E T A R Y P O L I C Y.

I WOULD'VE WAGED WAR WITH THE WHOLE WORLD IN ORDER TO FORCE THEM TO USE MY CURRENCY.

MY FACTORIES ARE DYING BECAUSE CHINKS ARE FINALLY WESTERNIZED? PRINT 10T$, CLICK SUBSIDIZE ALL FACTORIES, PAINT SAUDIA.

WANT TO MAINTAIN COUNTRY OF RICHES GETTING RICH AND POOREST GETTING POOR? TAX RICHEST TO 0, PRINT 10$T, LET RICHES TO BORROW MONEY FREE, TAX MIDDLE CLASS TO HELL.

The true way to become a hegegemon.
>>
>>580186
Play CWE, it has central bank interest rates and a print money decision

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.