[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The final update approaches

Post your rework idea NOW

No cuck fanatics allowed
>>
File: Gitarja.gif (1.96 MB, 250x250)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>tfw no butterface coastal civ gf
IT'S NOT FAIR BROS
I just want to hold her close and stop Khmer from bullying her
>>
>>528928
Make the AI fuck off with the incessant shitty trade deals the second I get a great work of art, seriously what made we quit playing. Every fucking turn I had to click no like three times.

Also add a Danish civ, we even have a female monarch that we actually like if they wanna cram another woman in there.
>>
File: EqnSocUUUAEuO-L.jpg (363 KB, 1000x860)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>528928
Be able to renew open border agreements before they expire and randomly push out units to the border.
Better yet, allow units in previously open border terrain to move within those borders but with an HP penalty and being not able to deal damage until it gets on friendly territory.
Reset melee ships that captured a city back to the tile it attacked from, so as to prevent it from teleporting to a random adjacent tile if afterwards the city was razed.
General UI enhancements, shamelessly rip from existing UI mods if you have to
Change Hermetic Society Leylines to be repositioned
Be able to build districts on top of strategic and luxury resources, but lose those resources upon doing so. This doesn't apply to resources that were discovered by a tech and are already underneath a district, nor do city centers remove these resources. Razing a city lets those resources reappear.
Add Minoan society with a waifu leader's tits out, pic not related
>>
>>528928
Put a nice drape over that thing so I don't have to look at it.
>>
>>528928
I hope they fix that Joao animation after you become friends with him. It really bothers me to see him hidden behind the diplomacy screen.

>>529122
t. doesn't know how to end physical and spiritual suffering
>>
If Wilhelmina didn't have the most inconsequential bonus in the entire game, the Dutch would be OP.
>>
>>528928
god i hate the artstyle in this goddan game. shame because the animations are great in compariason to V
>>
>>528998
God taste anon
>>
watching the potato mcsoy reaction to the video, he pointed out something that i didn't notice, how active Carl has been since being on the QA team. I do think that he has played on a major part on how Firaxis has improved their relationships with the fanbase. If Carl becomes lead designer for Civ VII, we can definitely expect a great game.
>>
>>529505
He said something interesting about the new melee units. The idea of spacing unit upgrades so far apart was to encourage using a variety of unit types.
But in practice, I think a +20 CS upgrade is too abstract for players to plan around. You get a feel for +5 and +10, but the difference between swords and muskets is hard to fathom.
>>
File: 1617720897582.jpg (42 KB, 744x402)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>normal difficulty is too easy
>don't want to play any higher difficulties
I feel like the AI was better at war in 5 for some reason, why is it so bad in 6?
>>
I need more American folk music like this game has for America's themes and ambient songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUy-AJRpaSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSN5SdL_ohY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfuLrny00t4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MkfTYPmLlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjrC1Wby090
Post more music that would fit for a civ.
>>
Some of my hopes for upcoming buffs and patches:

- Poland's Apostles start with Martyr ability (literally just got it from Khmer instead)
- Phoenicia starts with Writing instead of getting an eureka for it. Cothons in cities not on continent with your capital give production equal to its gold yields.
- Cree (personally find them fine, but wouldn't extra mind buffs) start with free Okihtcitaw alongside free warrior. Trades provide more gold and food yields to other civs for both Cree and other civs.
- With Egypt I'd just buff river production bonus to 20% and make it's affected by rivers like it already does OR on desert/next to desert tiles. Sphinxes don't count as an 'improved tile' so they can't be pilleged and receive extra yields from Preserve district buildings and you can replace it one turn if needed.
- India's ability also further increases amenities and slightly increases strength of units for every religion in your cities.

Might've overdone it with some. Not sure what to give India to fit both Gandhi and Chad.
>>
>>528928
>shit thread
>r*ddit spacing
>iphone shiteater
The cursed trinity of cringe
>>
>>530283
imo

Scythia: Make the Kurgan get more bonuses, maybe more gold and faith with more civics unlocks
Aztecs: Make the Tlachtli give you the strongest melee unit you can build, like the hippodrome.
Kongo: Still can't recruit great prophets but can build holy sites. Mbanzas and Theater squares don't give apostles as a consequence.
India: The Varu is a bit cheaper to build and upgrades to the Cuirassier
Scotland: Robert the Bruce produces no grievances from capturing foreign cities on defensive wars. The Highlander becomes a replacement for the Line Infantry
The Netherlands: Wilhelmina gets +4 loyalty from internal trade routes and +3 culture to foreign civs and city states. +1 culture per trade route after nationalism and radio.
>>
>>529024
They should make a toggle for great works that basically shows which items you're willing to trade which is toggled off by default.
>>
>>530309
You can mark your great works as untradable
>>
>>530319
wait nvm, i'm retarded, i thought you could.
>>
>>530308
>The Varu is a bit cheaper to build and upgrades to the Cuirassier
Cheaper is a possibility, but not beinig able to upgrade unique units in the next era is something that's probably going to stay for a bit since every civ plays by those rules.
>>
>>529505
Can I get a QRD on Carl? Never heard of him before
>>
>>530297
Thank you cuck fanatic, anything else to add?
>>
>>529505
Call me when they get Reynolds and his crew back.
Otherwise, don't bother.
>>
>>530349
we didn't get to hear much from him when the base game was released, or with Rise and Fall, but when Gathering Storm was released, he was the guy that demonstrated the abilites on the livestreams, and people took a liking to him. According to potato so i won't be able to verify this, Carl spends time interacting with fans on Civilization discord servers listening to feedback about certain civs and leaders, that's why we have seen a lot of good buff to leaders, civs, wonders and natural wonders. His proactivity is what made Firaxis become better at designing civs because he's a good player. So someone who is accessible to the fans and is knowledgeable about the game can do wonders for the next installment of civ.

>>530333
The Varu is a classical unit that upgrades to a Tank, that's a bit too steep of a gap imo. Varus can handle themselves against Knights but will absolutely get destroyed by cuirassiers, so i believe that a little pertinent tweak must be there so you don't rely on your elephant army deep into the game.
>>
>"Civ fans, you guys are the best fans a game could have :)"
Honestly still makes me sick in my stomach lol. What a corpo bs thing to say.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 854x480)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>530461
You think this was bad?
Consider how it feels if you are around since pic related came out.
>>
>>530472
What did they do? Did they call you all tribal chiefs when referring to fans?
>>
>>530413
Powerful units like Varu should have an opportunity cost. -5 combat strength to adjacent units is a pretty powerful bonus so there's nothing wrong with it giving you a (pretty wide) window of opportunity and then locking you out of using the production / gold you spent on Varu as efficiently as possible once you pass that window.
>>
File: download.png (823 KB, 1133x1151)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
so when's patch day?
>>
>>530538
22 of April
>>
File: 4kuhdb.jpg (244 KB, 1500x1500)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>530523
>>
File: download.jpg (130 KB, 848x1200)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>530562
thanks anon
>>
Aside from the seething cuck fanatics, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a final game mode? I was personally looking forward to something along the lines of an involved colonization mechanic
>>
>>530692
>seething cuck fanatics
who?
>>
>>528928
Why does he pierce his ears like a new zealander hipster? Is he a massive fag?
>>
File: JayavarmanVII.jpg (991 KB, 1080x1473)
991 KB
991 KB JPG
>>530746
Earplugs have been around for thousands of years.
>>
>>530692
Depends on whether you want it easy or hard for devs/modders to implement.

Hard to implement - Alien Invasion & Agencies Mode
>an another AI player (kind of like barbarians) that has its own units, can steal everyone's builders and randomly mess with the game.
>Ancient era stuff like Stonehedge makes your city immune to alien attacks and provide other buffs to allied aliens.
>much like zombie/barbarians mode if you have good relationships with alien AI, you can eventually recruit alien units and have powerful alliences
>New strategic and luxury resources can be provided or accidentally created on tiles by aliens, which can act as replacements for late game resources (uranium, aluminium and power).
>Your spies can be later upgraded into agents which help with alien relationships, help you recruit aliens or allow you to convince aliens to attack or mess with someone else. Agents can also be send on normal missions, but while they have lower chances of succeding missions, they're never caught or killed.
><your Agency ideas here>

Easy to implement - Plagues mode
>Literally just take assets from Black Death scenario from Gathering Storm. Walled Quarter, Plague Doctors, Scholars, Flagellants, most of it is already there.
>Instead of one big illness that wipes out population, split them into different plagues with smaller, but still impactful effects (Illness that halves food, production, loyalty, it can affect low promotion/non Hero units, maybe something that forces you to actually use citizen slots)
>If your military units get infected and will eventually die, you can still send them to war despite power debuff. You can infect other civ's cities and units via war.
>Maybe even a new medieval-reneissance siege unit you can only construct in infected cities and slightly reduces that cities' loyalty. Unit that catapults sick or dead bodies, further making use of spreading your plague during war.
>Biological weapons and healthcare in lategame
>>
>>530692
>Gods and Monsters
>Gods
Select a God at the same time you select a pantheon.
Gods have global abilities (similar to Age of Mythology). Poseidon can summon a hurricane at a specific location. Ares grants some kind of combat bonus to units within a select location. Various other gods are available. I just used Greek gods as an example.
Generate favor to reuse God power(s) by killing enemy units, holy site prayer, excess luxuries, building wonders, maybe more...
>Monsters
Basically, a super barbarian unit with abilities, but no aligned with barbarians. Monsters can kill barbarians, but if barbarians kill a monster, they respawn. Only players can defeat monsters. Monsters grow stronger for each enemy they defeat.
The Kraken prevents movement of adjacent ships. The Minotaur has an ability that knocks back an adjacent unit 2 tiles away.
Discovering a monster gives minor Era score points.
Slaying a monster gives major Era score and a relic.

After further delving, I realize my idea is not unique.
>>
>>529211
>tfw the Portuguese get a better bonus to culture from trade routes than Wilhelmina does
Wilhelmina confirmed for worst Dutch leader they could've chosen (as if that wasn't obvious).
>>
>>530121
>If Andrew Jackson is the leader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__uFnEMJqjg
>If there is a Confederate Leader, or Abe Lincoln/Ulysses Grant are the leader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OKdbc0DYpM
>>
>>529505
Potato is onions but he also genuinely understands the deeper mechanics of how the game works
>>
>>530283
>Poland
Sukienice reworked to provide production equal to the adjacency bonus of the Commercial Hub it's in. International trade routes provide +1 amenity, domestic trade routes provide science, culture, and faith equal to the food output of the trade route. Winged Hussar now replaces the Courser instead of being in the Mercenaries civic.

>Phoenicia
The "Switch capital" function is available to any city, but gets reduced to 50 production cost if the city has a Cothon. Coastal cities on the same continent as your capital have perfect loyalty, and get +1 trade route. City states on the same continent as your capital cost 50% less to levy units from. Cothons now grant the extra trade route bonus instead of Lighthouses. +50% production to the Government Plaza and buildings in it. +25% production and +1 movement and +1 sight to all settlers, increasing every time you earn a governor title from the Government Plaza This mostly just moves around Phoenicia's bonuses to be smoother. Instead of getting the trade routes from government plazas, all cities on the same continent as your capital now get it, potentially providing more overall trade routes and coming out sooner. The revised settler bonus also makes them second only to Portugal in the amount of trade routes they have, and they don't have to worry about building an army when they can buy one.

>Cree
Their ability can now steal tiles.

>Egypt
Give them a bonus to deserts, like +5% production on wonders for every adjacent flat desert tile. That means that a river completely surrounded by flat desert tiles would receive +15% from the river and +30% from the desert, totaling to +45% production. With Corvee/Gothic Architecture/Skyscrapers, that bonus increases to +60%.
>India
They're fine as is. The last round of buffs made Gandhi one of the best religious civs in the game.
>>
File: HyDGK[1].png (766 KB, 842x823)
766 KB
766 KB PNG
>>532016
I wonder about that. He seems to overvalue just about every new addition. He was hyping up Lady Six Sky as amazing when she is one of the worst civs in the game. Not to mention his dickriding of Kublai.

Neither him or Saxy realize how Himiko is the strongest Hero, either, potentially second to Sinbad depending on the map.
>>
>>532038
Sinbad falls down a bit when you have barbarian clans enabled. He's great when you can find a barbarian island surrounded by Quadriremes but not so much if those Quadriremes become part of a city state.
>>
>>532038
I hard disagree with Joao being that high. Portugal depends on both maps and the AI not being retarded and settle on the coast. The trade bonuses are amazing but you sometimes rely on the RNG and the AI benefiting you. They're the best naval civ but not the strongest civ in the game.
>>
>>531996
+1 culture from foreign trade routes is the most laughably useless ability ever. If the rest of the Dutch abilities weren't so amazing. You can get +5 Industrial zones with them easily, the Polder is underrated and the Zeven Provincien is a very formidable naval unit.
>>
>>532052
I'd normally rate Joao much lower, but you should obviously never play him on a non-naval map. On a naval map, he's far and away the #1 civ. On any other map, he's a C-tier civ. On maps like Highlands and Wetlands, which have little to no ocean, he's F-tier.
>>
>>532048
Agreed. I think Sinbad can still be really strong with barbarian clans, though. My first match as Portugal, I got Sinbad as my first Hero find on like turn 10, and then hard bought a monument and built him on turn 15. With him I found every other civ and had 12 trade routes around early Classical era.
>>
>>532058
The Dutch ability is great, but Polders are a mediocre improvement, though better than nothing, and Zeven Provincien should've been the Ship of the Line and been England's unique unit, but is still a fantastic unit.

Overall, though, I would rate them low, see >>532038 . As far as naval civs go, they're arguably only better than Phoenicia and Norway. Ingerland has a pretty fantastic ability for printing land units and snowballing hard, Gitarja has 3 resources she can spend to create naval units and the Jong is almost as good as the Zeven Provincien, while she also has one of the best unique improvements in the game, Kupe is downright busted with his bonuses, and Joao is unstoppable on naval maps.
>>
>>528928
cuck fanatics?
>>
>>532102
>>
>>532112
What has scholarship ever had to say about Hammurabi's skin tone, now or ever? You freaks are obsessed.
>>
>>532115
Hammurabi being as dark as Shaka is a huge problem when he should've looked really similar in skin tone to Gilgamesh. Babylon and Uruk were about 100 km apart, and you could get to one from the other in a day's boatride. It'd be like if they added Lorenzo de Medici as a leader and made him as white as the driven snow when he should look similar to Trajan.
>>
>>532130
Hammurabi ruled a thousand years after Gilgamesh and Babylonians spoke an entirely unrelated language (Akkadian) to Sumer. Akkadians were probably migrants from somewhere else who settled in Mesopotamia during the development of Sumerian civilization and adopted a lot of their customs. They probably would've been pretty ethnically distinct.
>>
>>532112
The mods there most likely don't want any flame war over something as retarded as that. If you had any complaints about the devs being black-washing pozzed liberal transvestites, maybe you should stop playing games made by pozzed liberal transvestites. This is the same with mongrels who play Paracuck games.
>>
>>532149
The Akkadians were a Semitic people (as judged by their language), so they would've been closer to Phoenicia/the Levant in skin tone, which would've been a smidge closer to European than to Arabic, but they still would not've been so dark as to be the blackest person in a pack of leaders that includes an actual Ethiopian. Even still, the Akkadians were Mesopotamian, there is no evidence as to their skin color other than what their neighbors looked like. Akkad likely fell into an area that is today Kurdistan, so I think pic related (Kurds) is closer to what Hammurabi would've looked like.
>>
>>532167
Firaxis caved in before. Tamar and Seondeok were both lightened for release. I guess just because there's no Babylon anymore it's okay to blackwash their characters, even though there are only like 1000 people in Georgia with internet to even complain about Tamar being blackwashed.
>>
>>532240
Seondeok was also slightly chubbier on the first look video.
>>
Why do people act as if the Civ games are more different than similar to each other?
>>
>>532240
I mean, they also changed Teddy pretty significant between release and the pre-release promotional material. I don't think it's a racial thing so much as the caricature style going way too far sometimes, old Teddy looked like he was straight out of a 1900s political cartoon and now he looks more like an actual human. Seondeok and Tamar did get lighter but they also got a facelift and a diet much like Teddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vVGQThK01M
>>
>>532262
It's so weird to look at this first look video, they included actual photographs and paintings, the beta screen looks weird, you could see how many luxury resources you had besides strategic resources. Cleopatra looks different and Teddy much more formal. Plus there was a Stonehenge outside a city on neutral territory clearly belonging to a razed city.
>>
>>532240
If you feel that disturbed about the portrayal of a long dead person whom nobody in the present world has any cultural or ethnic ties any longer then maybe you should really stop playing the game. Play Civ IV instead, it's a much better game and made when Firaxis hadn't become the commie black supremacists as it is today.
>>
>>532291
he'd rather endlessly whine about boogeymen in these threads.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (326 KB, 600x1074)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>532345
They're not a boogeyman if they're actually real and doing exactly what people are complaining about.

>>532291
I just want it to be accurate to history, as much as possible. I also don't like how dark Cleopatra is when it's well known that she was Greek. I mean, she's lighter than she was in CivRev, but she was full on KAAAAANGZZZ in that game. I also think Trajan wasn't tanned enough for a leader who is famous for being on campaign and expanding Rome's borders to its fullest extent, so it goes both ways (some leaders too light, some too dark).
>>
>>532130
This image is erotic.
>>
>>532363
>They're not a boogeyman if they're actually real and doing exactly what people are complaining about.
It's a boogeyman to believe it's part of some secret Jewish plot to destroy society or whatever and not just Firaxis' art designer deciding giving Hammurabi darker skin looked cool.
>>
>>532382
I didn't understand until I stared at it for a minute. You're right.
>>
File: 1550807564900.jpg (94 KB, 1024x680)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>532386
I never said it was a Jewish plot, that's a strawman. Woke people are a very real phenomenon, and it's not 2014 anymore where you can still deny that they're having an impact on gaming. A historical game is one of the last places you should expect to find woke shit, but for some reason, Paradox and Firaxis disagree.
>>
>>532405
If you want non-woke history then consider going to the library and read historical books that are older than you. Don't be surprised to find no mention of Gandhi's love for nuke.
>>
who has the best animation
>>
>>532405
>student concil meeting
Damn it, and I used to like this picture.
>>
>>532496
i'm fond of phillip II
>>
File: 1365103772471.gif (481 KB, 250x187)
481 KB
481 KB GIF
>Civilization VI thread
>71 posts in 2 days
>A journalist post her retarded takes on Kotaku about the series
>nearly double in half the time
>>
>>532262
No the issue is Teddy didn't even look like Teddy, he looked like Taft.
>>
>>532806
Bait thread is bait.
>>
How do you play a flat start without a lot of hills or mountains around? Not having good adjacency for early campuses or holy sites sucks and even worse production usually sucks as well. On top of all this barbs are much harder to control and it's impossible to stop a scout half the time without a lot of hills or forest in the way of them.
>>
>>532998
Go near a river and research animal husbandry to plan out your aqueduct/industry zone/city center triangle. Settle next to or buy 2 food 2 production tiles asap.
>>
>>532405
It's partly a way of justifying exoticism on its own terms. It's fun to play as new and lesser-known civs, but it's undeniably colonialist and appropriative to e.g. reduce the Kongo people to "like living in jungle, carving fetish statues, and converting to your religion". And the wokesters say, not to worry, we can fix this with the power of inclusive aesthetics. Someone at Firaxis also clearly enjoys modeling fat brown people a little too much.
>>
>>532998
Sometimes you just have to build slingers, beeline Archery and work from there. Revealing possible horses first-thing is also a plus.
>>
>>532998
Flat starts are close to unsalvageable if there are no good sources of production nearby. It's a restart for me if there aren't at least 3 tiles within 2 tiles of my capital that have at least +2 production.
>>
>>532257
They definitely do fit in pairs right now with a lot of similiarities with each other but a bigger break from the rest of the franchise.
Classical civ: 1 and 2
Modern civ: 3 and 4
Nu civ: 5 and 6
>>
>khmer "civilization"
>>
>>532514
I agree, I feel like he's appropriately expressive for how cartoony the style is. I just wished denunciations were voiced, his would be great.
>>
>>536195
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angkor_Wat
>>
>>536195
t. seething wh*toid that believed Angkor Wat to have been built by aliens
>>
>>528928
>Post your rework idea NOW
Supply lines for military. It's historically inaccurate and weird to have completely autonomous armies far away from home, plus it would add another mechanic (cut supply lines).

it would probably make domination even more grindy, so something like bonus movement for military should be added to offset that
>>
>>535442
But 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1
>>
>>536392
Sure, but only as an alt game mode. Or maybe, in Civ 7, they could make it part of the difficulty slider. On King and above, you have to manage your supply lines, meanwhile AI get free supply lines to all of their units.

Units without supply lines take 5 damage every turn, while unit with supply lines heal 15 hp every turn they heal. Units connected to supply lines also get +1 movement. Supply lines have to be linked to allied cities or your own cities, and need to be maintained at the cost of food. Units only need supply lines if in neutral or enemy territory. Supply lines can be plundered, giving you gold based on high advanced the supply line is.
>>
>>532038
Rome is easily at least an S tier if you spawn in a jungle. You can have 500-600 military strength by like turn 40-50.
>>
>>536639
They're incredibly consistent, but not all that exceptional. Legionnaires are fantastic, but they require iron now and you can use the chops more efficiently than to print more Legionnaires. The extra building is okay, nothing spectacular. The insta-roads are okay, nothing spectacular. The Bath is okay, nothing spectacular.

That consistency, though, is why they're so valuable, but it in no way puts them on the same level as the monsters in S-tier. Hell, I think Japan and Gran Colombia are more consistently powerful, and they're in the same tier. Don't get me wrong, Rome is great, just not "10 pop by turn 50" great, or "literally unkillable with decent jungle/woods spawns" great.
>>
Can't wait for the patch to play Khmer. I want to make giant population cities with max faith output and no production
>>
>>536795
That's where Industrial Zones come in, my friend. Khmers want Aqueducts in all of their cities, which means that you get +2 on your IZ.
>>
File: HyWWn[1].png (193 KB, 411x514)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 1281x720)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>536795
i'm going to go tamar, god of war, moksha, and build an empire with the blood of my enemies
>>
>>529505
nah VII is already being made by ed beach again
>>
>>536795
>>536823
You could also pick up worth ethic as Khmer, it would be incredibly easy to get at least a +3 holy site
Though I guess you don't really need to be conservative with districts as the Khmer since your population is gonna be huge
>>
>>536775
I would still put Rome above Germany at least. Probably because I always early war with the nearest Civ whenever I play.
>>
>>536775
Also picking Rome is good just so you don’t have to play against them cause Rome is a pain in the ass to play against.
>>
>>537171
Germany is a bit different from other early game warmongers in that you're supposed to run over city states with your fuckhuge +7 damage bonus. The Hanse is incredibly consistent, always getting you at least +6, potentially even more, and is one of the most powerful districts in the game. +1 district capacity means that Germany doesn't need as much population as other civs, so Magnus isn't absolutely necessary on them. And on top of all that, they get a free Government policy card slot.

The one bad thing about them, though, is the U-boat.
>>
wonder if they'll nerf babylon
>>
>>537281
I don't know how. Even if you reduced their science gain by 60%, 70%, or more, they'd still be just as ridiculous as before, but less able to win a science victory. Not that it matters when they're better at every other victory alredy.
>>
>>537290
force them to unlock prerequisites of course
>>
>>537356
that would make their ability moot.

>"hey you unlocked mass production!"
>"you have to wait 30 turns researching Cartography before unlocking tho"
>>
>>537356
The only reason they're even playable is because that's how their ability works.
>>
>>537290
Nerf the Palgum and/or leader ability (free building/envoy whenever you build a district for the first time), changing them would mean Babylon is no longer guaranteed such strong starts and makes their snowball more difficult to attain.
>>
Are horsemen you buy from barbarians really classified as a different unit? I can't upgrade them to coursers for some reason.
>>
>>538017
yeah, it's a weird unit that because it's not unlocked by the tech tree or has any requirements, it's not an unit that can be upgraded into anything, plus it wasn't supposed to be able to be controlled by the player when the game first launched. This also happens with the barbarian horse archer if you capture one from the hero twins. Barbarian horsemen are like slightly better scouts when in possesion of a player, they have the same melee strength of a skirmisher so they won't get killed by other barbarians so easily. Use them to scout the map until you're done with them and delete them or get killed.
>>
My hopes for a plausible Civ 7 starting roster, based on not reusing too many old leaders and trying to strike a balance between the number of European to non-European civs and male to female leaders like Civ 6 did.

America/Franklin D. Roosevelt
Arabia/Umar II
Chinese/Sun Yat-sen
Egypt/Hatshepshut
England/Alfred the Great
France/Napoleon III
Germany/Frederick the Great
Greece/Artimesia II
India/Akbar
Rome/Hadrian
Russia/Alexander Nevsky
Japan/Meiji
Persia/Abbas the Great
Brazil/Isabel
Italy/Matilda of Tuscany
Mexico/Benito Juarez
Hausa/Amina
Turkestan/Timur
Burma/Bayinnaung
Palmyra/Zenobia
>>
>>538200

France/Napoleon III

Not uninteresting, but there are way better leaders for France that have never been used, a bunch of medieval/renaissance kings, Philip II and IV, Louis IX and XI, Charles VII, and Francis I, Henry IV, and as a modern ruler I could pick Clemenceau
>>
>>538320
There are certainly better picks from the perspective of "who's actually the greatest French leader?", but I do think there are other things to consider when picking a representative for a civ game. For example Napoleon III's role in rebuilding and modernizing Paris would at least for once actually give a justification for the culture bonuses France always gets that all those medieval kings lack. The pick is mostly just personal bias though, I find the time period of his rule very interesting.
>>
>>538348

yes you're right, it's arguably a interesting pick. I just think that after Catherine it would be unfortunate to have again a ruler whose rule ended badly when there are many French rulers that had successful and eventful reigns. Louis IX could be a faith/military leader for instance
>>
>>538200
Give me Ataturk
>>
>>537468
>>537624
yes
>>
>>538200
man I forgot how small the base game rosters are
>>
File: 1610696770849.png (200 KB, 343x339)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>538200
>FDR
He was a leader in Civ IV
>Sun Yat-sen
Would run up against the CCP. Safer to aim for earlier Chinese leaders, perhaps Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
>Hatshepsut
A leader in Civ IV. Khufu, Akhenaten, or Thutmose III haven't been used before, and the only Egyptian leaders we've had are from the 18th Dynasty or from the Ptolemaic Dynasty, so it would be cool to represent Ancient Egypt.
>Frederick the Great
He was leader in Civ I and Civ IV. Charles V would be cool, I think, but I don't know too many other German leaders that aren't contentious. Would love to have Hitler as a villainous leader, alongside Akhenaten, Caracalla, Stalin, Mao, and Woodrow Wilson, but they'll never happen.
>Hadrian
Fair enough, Rome is usually lead by Julius Caesar after all, but I would love to see some leaders representing the SPQR or Roman Kingdom. Caracalla is an obviously evil Roman leader that was an emperor, but the SPQR has Cato the Younger, and the Kingdom has Tarquin the Younger. Or you could choose a good king, like Romulus, or Numa Pompilius.
>Meiji
Might be a bit controversial and cause a row among the Korean, Chink, and Taiwanese audience, but he would be a good leader. I would like to see some pre-1500 Japanese leaders, though. Even if most of the early emperors are mythical, we have Gilgamesh, Dido, Kupe, Amaterasu, and Hiawatha is prior games. Failing that, Prince Shotoku, who spread Buddhism to Japan, would be an interesting pick.

>No Spain, Aztecs, Gandhi, or Mongols
Uh oh, someone's asking for a paddling
>>
>>539260
Serious question, why does Gandhi have to lead India in every Civ game?
>>
>>539260
Yeah, a few of these were in Civ 4 but that's far enough back I don't think reusing them is a problem. 6 brought back Saladin, Peter, and VIcky after all.
>Would run up against the CCP. Safer to aim for earlier Chinese leaders, perhaps Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
He's a popular figure in modern China too (they call him a "proto-socialist" and father of the revolution) which is why I chose him, he's really the only modern figure with that distinction without literally being a CCP member.
>Might be a bit controversial and cause a row among the Korean, Chink, and Taiwanese audience, but he would be a good leader.
Teddy and Vicky did the same sort of colonial wars and oppressions during their rule in the same time period, I don't think it would be that much of an issue.
>No Spain, Aztecs, Gandhi, or Mongols
No Aztecs, but Mexico could be considered their successor (plus it's basically impossible to give Aztecs a leader that isn't Monty).
Turkestan with Timur fills the same "steppe horse-people" niche as Mongols do, Civ 6 launched with Scythia in their place for the same reason.
No Gandhi is risky but he'd inevitably be added back in as DLC anyways, same for Spain.
>>
>>538200
>>539260
And my picks for a 20-civ base roster would be

1. America
>Jackson, Polk, or Eisenhower
2. England
>Alfred the Great, Henry II, or Edward III
3. France
>Charlemagne, Napoleon III, or Charles de Gaulle
4. Japan
>Prince Shotoku, Emperor Jimmu, or Emperor Taisho
5. Germany
>Wilhelm II, Charles V, or Frederick the Great
6. Greece
>Solon, Leonidas, or Alexander
7. Spain
>Francisco Franco, Isabel & Ferdinand (both at the same time), or Charles II
8. Rome
>Numa Pompilius, Vespasian, or Constantine
9. Byzantium
>Constantine, Justinian I, or Alexander Komnenos
10. India
Gandhi
11. Aztecs
>Moctezuma I or Moctezuma II
12. Denmark
> Ragnar Lodbrok, Gorm the Old, or Sweyn Forkbeard
13. Zulus
Shaka
14. Sumeria
>Sargon, Gilgamesh, or Lugal-Ane-mundu
15. Dahomey
>Guézo or Béhanzin
16. Cherokee
>Dragging Canoe, Attakullakulla, or Conocotocko II
17. China
>Emperor Wu, Mao Zedong, or Sun Yat-sen
18. Russia
>St. Olga, Ivan IV, or Nicholas I
19. Cuba
>Castro or Gerardo Machado
20. Vietnam
>Trần Thái Tông, Trung sisters (Isabel and Ferdinand situation), or Ho Chi Minh
>>
>>539347
He's the figurehead of this series. It'd be like having a Mario Kart without Mario, or a Halo without Master Chief, or a Street Fighter without Ryu.

>>539349
>Teddy and Vicky did the same sort of colonial wars and oppressions during their rule in the same time period, I don't think it would be that much of an issue.
You underestimate how buttblasted Japan's neighbors are about the 1889 - 1945 era. There are many great leaders in that era for Japan, but all of them are literally Hitler for their neighbors. South Korea and China STILL whine at Japan about it. It's so bad that the South Koreans didn't even allow Japanese consoles into the country for decades, so that's why that country is 95% PCfags.
>>
>>539372
>Charles II
no way in hell you can make him a good leader
>>
>>539347
In addition to memes, making Gandhi the mascot communicates that Civ isn't just a war game. When your biggest rivals have names like "Total War", that's powerful branding.
>>
>>539372
>Charles II of Spain
Kristina tier choice. Isn't his rule famous for basically being the beginning of the end for the Spanish empire. Besides that he's really only well known for being the most inbred of the Habsburgs.
>>538200
>Italy/Matilda of Tuscany
Could Firaxis get away with adding Mussolini as an alt leader if he wasn't the only leader for Italy? In Civ VI there's no Communist or Fascist leaders, which is a bit strange seeing how you can play as these ideologies in game. It would be unpopular, but could they present it as adding infamous leaders for "historical representation" and not to glorify them.
>Bonus: Futurism: +1% production on military units for each work of art
>>
>>540206
>In Civ VI there's no Communist or Fascist leaders, which is a bit strange seeing how you can play as these ideologies in game.

It would be a PR nightmare if you gave either Mussolini or Hitler any relatively good bonuses and try to be as neutral with either of them and idiots would cry foul and say that they're normalizing Fascism. Hell, the only relatively modern leaders they have in the game were an ally during WWII and a royal who led a government in exile. I don't think they would like the idea of Hitler or Mussolini taking over those.
>>
>>530572
>I look forward to learning everything about you and your civilization
She was telling us all along
>>
>>540206
Any 20th century leader who isn't widely considered a good guy (e.g. Curtin) doesn't have a chance in hell of getting in, the standards are much higher when your playerbase's grandparents are old enough to remember their rule. Mussolini isn't even liked by modern Italians anyways - Mao is at least still popular in modern China and he doesn't have a chance in hell of ever being featured again either, much less someone whose fanbase consists solely of a couple internet weirdos. We're never going to see Mussolini, Franco, Pinochet, Mao, Stalin, Ho Chi Minh, etc. Tito's probably on the borderline but the concept of a Yugoslav civ is itself such a shitshow that he'll never have an opportunity to be featured anyways.
>>
>>540206
Nations formed in the modern era are in a tricky spot. Anyone post-WWII is too recent and likely to have live opposition, and anyone before the war likely has some quotes about Mongoloids that we now find condemnable. Alfred Deakin will never lead Australia because he was the architect of the Whites only policy.
WWII is the sweet spot where merely being an Ally makes history remember you well.
>>
Aztecs should have a lake starting bias and bonuses tied to lakes, change my mind
>>
File: Clara.gif (626 KB, 498x498)
626 KB
626 KB GIF
>>540206
>>539603
Yeah, but Charles II is an infamous history-chad meme. The only one for Spain I liked was Isabel & Ferdinand, since a co-ruler scenario would be extremely unique, and the Trung Sisters of Vietnam would also fit in.

Really, I like the idea of there not being just 1 leader per scene. It's more work, sure, but imagine how many more rulers you could fit in
>Justinian and Theodora
>Victoria and Albert
>Maria Theresa and Francis
>Hatshepsut and Thutmose II
>Nancy and Ronald Reagan
>Tiberius and Sejanus
>>
>>540418
I'd agree if lakes weren't pitiful in Civ VI. Barely any spawn, and they're almost always 1 tile.
>>
>>540429
Play Fractal, lots more lakes spawn.
>>
File: HzgVA[1].jpg (445 KB, 1920x1080)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
Speaking of lakes.
>>
>>540424
Dont forgot Dido and Aeneas.
When are we getting a Trojan civ btw?
>>
>>540560
I doubt we ever will. Any pre-Byzantine Anatolian civ is likely going to be Lydia, led by Croesus, or the Hittites. I really want Hittites, but I could see Croesus being in Civ VI, even, as the one man richer than Joao and Mansa Musa.
>>
>>540418
That would be nice, I think it would be fairly easy to incorporate into their current bonuses. Like their UI could give +1 amenity for each lake tile in the city, and an additional +1 amenity for any bonus/luxury resource in a lake worked by the city
>>
>>540424
Agreed here, I also wish they would do that and have more interesting diplomacy screen animations.
>>539372
I like most of the choices here. Having both Cuba as newcomer on start and Viet Nam as a somehow new civ already on base would be interesting. TSL Europe might be crowded again. I see Dahomey, but otherwise almost no African civs, which while I get why some of the people here don't want more of, they're still important for TSL Earth and more different playstyles.
>>538200
If we're having Timur I'd rather just have it named Timurids for name and meme sake. Otherwise some decent picks yet again and this time Asia feels a bit barren. It's more of a balancing act than it seems.

Working on my list, however I wonder about is just how much Europe should be in vanilla and should Poland have a shot in the base game. While it hasn't been released with Vanilla, it has been pretty important for Civ despite just appearing in V and VI. I also feel like Songhai should reappear simply because it's a twin civ to Mali and Mali appear in every even number game and Songhai should appear in every odd number game. And while yes, having Italy as a full civ would've been fun, I think having Vatican City in base game lead by pope or some shit would be hilarious. I just want a civ with unique religious units, is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>541029
The issue with balancing such a small roster of starting civs for TSL maps is that there are six European civs who have been in the initial lineup of every single civ game (England, France, Germany, Rome, Greece, Russia) and you really can't justify cutting any of them, but having over a quarter of your roster crammed into a comparatively small corner of the world means properly filling out a TSL map is more or less impossible, there's just no way to add the same amount of density to the rest of the world with only 14 slots to spare.

For that reason I'd rather focus on adding civs on the basis of them being new, diverse, or interesting rather than trying to balance out the map (although truthfully I don't really ever play Earth maps anyways so it's not much of a concern to me regardless).
>>
>>541029
>I see Dahomey, but otherwise almost no African civs,
There's also the Zulu. Dahomey gets West Africa, Zulu gets South. I actually didn't include Egypt primarily because there were already tons of civs in that area already, and there's not a lot of good land in North Africa. Plus expansion civs are usually way more interesting than base game civs, and Egypt deserves to be an interesting civ for once.

Remember, that's a list of only 20 civs. A lot had to be left out that I would've wanted to include. I wanted way more European civs (Celts/Gauls, Austria, Serbia, Romania, Poland, Kieven Rus, Italy, Portugal, Finland, and more), but balanced it out to the sheer essentials + Byzantium. Every civ game starts with England, France, Germany, Greece, Rome, (Vikings), and Russia, with most also having Spain, V being the exception.
>>
File: 1327899669507.gif (189 KB, 200x200)
189 KB
189 KB GIF
>>541087
>>541045
>>541029
Indeed, just over half of the roster is "core", and can never be cut, those being

>England
>America
>Germany
>France
>Rome
>Greece
>Russia
>China
>Japan
>India
>Aztecs
>Egypt
>Arabia
>Mesopotamian civ (Sumeria, Babylon)

They are in every civ game as base civilizations, so with the standard 20-civ starting roster, that leaves just 6 unique civs. Zulus are another shoe-in, but more recently are left for DLC expansions. Spain also makes the cut in most games. That leaves 4 - 5 civs to work with.

Personally, I'd add a West African civ, a Native American civ, a SEA civ, Brazil, and a Central American civ that aren't the Mongols.
>>
>>532257
>>535442
>>536473
I meant that despite their faults V and VI are really just about re-releasing the classic game for people who missed it or stopped playing. And they do that well enough, I would recommend 6 to any new player or boomer that forgot how to play.

The changes they make to convince people to move on from the older game, that's of secondary importance. But people trash the new games based on this. If they want pure innovation they need to look at a different game where the devs have nothing to lose, like idk Humankind?
>>
>>540978
Civilizations Expanded gives something like +1 faith / +1 production to lake tiles and +1 food to land tiles adjacent to lakes. City Lights also adds a unique building for Aztecs that gives bonus amenities and a floating garden improvement if it's built next to a lake, so you can just build huge urban cities around lakes and let the rest of your cities support you.
>>
File: dont.jpg (10 KB, 287x287)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>World congress
>Bonus trade route yields to militaristic city-states
>No militaristic city-states in the game
>>
>>536292
>>536342
Oh wow they built a temple?
>>
>>541231
In theory that makes sense as a symbolic gesture. If no one actually feels strongly about trade routes, but "the people" demand action, that's a wise political move.
>>
>>541234
No, aliens did it
>>
>>536292
Looks like shit. At the same time, white people were making masterpieces like this.
>>
File: maifdjtn3w631[1].jpg (232 KB, 1536x1024)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
What are some wonders that you'd like to see in Civ VI?
>>
>>541778
empire state building
>>
File: header.jpg (54 KB, 460x215)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
hey /vst/
tried asking /v/ but they're worthless as usual
never played these kinds of games before but I got civ 6 on switch (I know not the ideal place but it cost like ten bucks, I don't care) on a whim while I was out

basically just wanting to know if pic related is worth it, gonna go ahead and get the main expansion packs since they're on sale but this is like $30 for what seems like much more minor content
sorry for invading this thread but didn't think this was worth making its own thread over
>>
>>538200
my list
>america - jfk
>arabia - saladin
>china - cao cao
>denmark - ragnar lodbrok
>england - king henry vii
>france - king louis xiv
>germany - bismarck
>spain - isabella
>greece - leonidas
>persia - xerxes
>rome - julius caesar
>russia - ivan the terrible
>ottomans - mehmed ii
>india - ashoka
>mongolia - genghis khan
>japan - meiji
>aztec - montezuma
>inca - pachacuti
>akkad - sargon
>lakota - sitting bull
>ireland - grace o'malley
>kongo - ana nzinga
>vietnam - trung sisters
>>
>>541819
I say it's worth it with the fun civs they have. You can always pirate it to see if it's worth it or wait until it's on sale later this year.
>>
>>541842
some more i forgot
>egypt - tutankhamun
>poland - lech walesa
>visigoths - alaric
>kenya - jomo kenyatta
>>
>>541819
NFP doesn't massively overhaul the game like the other expansions, it just adds a few alternate game modes and some new civs. The game-modes are hit or miss, some are horrible but a few are pretty good, none of them really change the game much though.

All of the new civs save Maya are great and a ton of fun to play though, some of the most interestingly designed civs in the game. If you get the NFP it's probably just for them but whether that's actually worth 30$ or not is hard to say. Since you've haven't played the game before you'll probably have plenty of content to keep you occupied with just the vanilla and expansion civs anyways, may as well wait and see.
>>
>>541864
imo maya in civ vi should just get the long count ability from civ v
>>
>>541862
>lech walessa
So his leader abilities would be selling his statehood to globohomo Russian and American spies?
>>
>>541886
lmfao yes
>>
>>540418
Agreed. Canada should also have a lake bonus since there's fucking gigatons of lakes in the Canadian shield.
Lakes and Rivers really need to be designed better in Civ 7 to better represent how important they have been historically.
>>
>>541927
they could be designed more like how they were in civ 2 where they had a direction and naval units could travel along them
>>
>>541935
Yeah, they at least need a way to have units able to travel along rivers. It would also be better if larger lakes would spawn, have lakes give better yields than coast, and perhaps have a tile terrain feature that represents lots of small lakes.
>>
File: They See Your Dick.png (1.88 MB, 2461x866)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>541819
NFP is basically a 3rd expansion to Civ VI that was dragged out over a year and a half. In my opinion, it's the best of the 3 expansions just by how enjoyable the new civs are. Of my 10 favorite civs, 5 of them are NFP (technically 6, since the Teddy rework is NFP exclusive even if Teddy is in the base game).

However, the only thing it really offers other than the best civilizations in the entire series from a gameplay perspective is a couple of alternate game modes. They're really hit or miss. Secret Societies and Heroes & Legends are amazing, but feel like they're lacking content, while Corporations & Monopolies broke the game for a short while and is otherwise underwhelming.
>>
File: 1550114016408.png (3.26 MB, 3534x3821)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB PNG
>>541886
>>541862
Give me Pilsudski or give me Sobieski or give me death.

t. Polish-American
>>
>>541755
The Angkor temples are actually really impressive and beautiful. One day you'll grow out of the cringe racial supremacy phase and embrace racial separatism, you can appreciate other cultures and still protect your own.
>>
>>542093
The Khmer were cringe, though. Siam is where the best architecture in SEA was located.
>>
>>541778
Versailles Palace
>Unlocked with Humanism
-15% faith, -2 loyalty and -1 amenity in all cities, but +30% science and +30% culture in all cities. Grants 1 free Garde Imperiale unit when completed.
>>
>>541778
Walls of Babylon
>Unlocked with Craftsmanship
Grants a free set of Ancient and Medieval walls when built, and a free Great Work of Art called the "Ishtar Gate". Has 1 slot for Great Works of Art. All walls in your empire provide science equal to their level (+6 for having Ancient, Medieval, and Renaissance).
180 production cost
>>
>>541778
And the last one I had an idea for:

Wawel Castle
>Unlocked with Feudalism
5 Great Work slots. All newly trained apostles start with the Debater ability. -30% discount on all faith purchases. Instantly themed when all slots are filled

700 production
>>
File: 1618492150124.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>541819
I'd say go for it anon. As other anons said, if this can be consired a full expansion, it's the best one, simply because it's the most customizable one and features all around best and most unique civs.

As for modes, start with Secret Societies, maybe alongside Heroes&Legends and Monopolies mode. Then just try and see which other modes you feel comfortable with.

Also Civ 6 /v/ threads are cancer. They're all exactly the same, one person baits with some random female leader pick, then everyone recites the same complaints that have been said instead of discussing the actual game. /vst/ is a slow moving board, but at least most of the discussions here aren't the same thing over and over again.
>>
File: xhgmvuwitmh51.png (691 KB, 960x1030)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
I really wish there were still more official wonders overall. They impact the gameplay quite a lot and allow different strategies for each civ. My pic related aren't the best choices and most seem more like lategame options, but hey, it's something.

I know some devs from City Lights want to bring back National Wonders from V and I guess it could also work? Here's one https://youtu.be/jp4L_jDGjXY
>>541778
Neushwanstein and Burj Khalifa from what you posted.
>African Renaissance Monument could be neat. Maybe it flips loyalty of nearby enemy civ cities when built or something.
>Surprised that Sagrada Familia isn't already in. We need more powerful religious wonders to rival Mahabodi Temple.
>Las Vegas Strip could be a late game one with both positives and negatives. Same with Kowloon Walled City.
>Svalbard Global Seed Vault that might protect your city where it is built in from natural disasters and give production for each natural disaster that happens within your occupied tiles (would be fun for Apocalypse mode)
>Leaning Tower of Piza and Porcelain Tower because I just want to see them on the map.
>>542449
Really strong bonuses. You could easily take out any of its bonuses and it would still be pretty strong, but I like it. We do need more wonders for civs that don't already have one and I wouldn't mind if Poland got Wawel.
>>542438
Also powerful, but also pretty good. Kind of a shame we didn't get it as Babylon's World Wonder though.
>>
Just once I wish I could get a start as Bull Moose Teddy that wasn't 80% floodplains and/or jungle.
>>
>>542432
Absurdly, ridiculously broken
>>
>>541960
gotta love lady six sky lookin like she wants to chomp on my dick
>>
what's the strategy for portugal on pangea?
>>
>>543645
pray for barbarians to spawn on the coastline
>>
>>543645
Found a shitty city where you can build a lot of feitorias, give it to the AI, build said feitorias, trade with that city
>>
https://youtu.be/ddD7HfowsWQ

I think I fall under 5 myself. I savescum a bit too much for my liking
>>
>>545895
4 and 5 for sure. Every since I started getting strategy tips from youtube I need everything to be perfect. I used to settle my first city on 3 production tiles in floodplains and not give a fuck. Now I spend an hour restarting
>>
>>536988

so its basically gonna be as shit as VI?
good, then I'll torrent it.
>>
>>539260

screw the CCP, even if it pisses of 2k!
>>
>>541778
Blarney Castle
>Unlocked at Castles
>Must Be Built Next to an improved Stone Quarry
>Provides City with Ancient/Medieval Walls
>Comes with a Unique Work of Art: The Blarney Stone
>Contains a Slot for a Second Work of Art
>+1 Faith, +2 culture
>Doubles Tourism Output for This City
>>
>>546824
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." - William Butler Yeats.
>>
>>529173
I'm not surprised he pursued that.
>>
>>546412
>Now I spend an hour restarting
To be fair I feel like 6 is the worst when it comes to starting locations rng. I stick with everything but spawning surrounded by tundra and it feels like I can tell how most of my games will go by the first 50 turns. Just getting off the ground is the hardest part of the game. Once you have the ball rolling small mistakes stop mattering but if it's say turn 30 and you make one wrong unit movement a scout slips away and now you have 5 barbarians up your ass, and if you didn't have strong tiles in your first city settle well you're playing tower defense for the next 30 turns unless you did nothing but build military and kept them all close to home.
>>
>>541778
Cockaigne
>One Tile Natural Wonder, Only Appears on Hills
>+2 Amenities for Every Luxury Resource Within 3 Tiles of Cockaigne
>+2 Culture to Adjacent Tiles
>-1 Production to Adjacent Tiles
>-25% Great Engineer Points from the City Containing Cockaigne
>Minor Adjacent Bonus for Theater Square Districts
>>
>>547056
I would enjoy more wonders with an edge like this.
>>
>>541778
Angel Falls
>Two Tile Natural Wonder Appearing on Hills, Each Tile Adjacent to at Least Two Mount Tiles and Source of River(s)
>Allows Builders to Construct Salt Mines Along Hill Tiles Adjacent to Rivers Beginning in Angel Falls (Up to Six Builds; Three per Tile Owned)
>+1.5 Tourism to City Owning One stoke of Angel Falls; +2.5 Tourism if Owning Both Tiles
>>
>>541778
Niagara Falls
>>
man i just hate civ 6. its a shame because i really enjoyed 4 and 5. 6 is the first one i have played that just doesnt click
>>
>>529847
>hahaha AI is so bad exsdee :DDD
>Play on deity? No, I'm afraid of that. What if I actually have to think while playing?

The absolute state
>>
>they finally buffed the Kurgan
>they buffed both coursers and knights
>Gorgo gets +1 combat strength for every military policy slot
>Nubia got nerfed
>>
>russia nerf
>8 tiles --> 5
>gwam lavra bonus now requires respective theater square buildings
fuck russia all my homies hate russia
>>
>>548399
holy site*
>>
File: 1618434587553.jpg (928 KB, 1080x1350)
928 KB
928 KB JPG
>Russia won't get as many free tiles on foundation
>the Lavra won't give you great writer/artist/musician points immediately
>Polish Winged Hussar will replace the cuirassier
>Man-at-Arms unlocked at Apprenticeship and requires iron, Trebuchet at Military Engineering, Line Infantry unlocked at Military Science, and requires niter
>Spain's spawn bias will favor geothermal fissures instead of coast; Conquistador buffed up from 55 to 58 melee strength
>Tlachtli gets +1 culture
>Varu upgrades to the cuirassier
>+2 science and gold per every building in the Ikanda; Impi buffed from 41 to 45 melee strenght
>>
>noone talking about Maya buff

It's not much, but they really seem to be 'Civ 5 civ in Civ 6' with the extra builder and farm bonuses.
>>
>>548518
I want a Civ with a unique governor who's just the Tradition policy tree.
>>
File: 1463600233977.jpg (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>Gorgo with Fascism + Alhambra and National identity
>>
>install Civ 6 on new touchscreen laptop
>find out an update is a few days ago
Dang, now I have to wait.
>>
>still no buff for this god awful civ
why does firaxis hate north american indians?
>>
>>549405
Eh don't hate on Poundmaker.
Unlike Georgia I feel like you can actually make him work even if he's UP. Or maybe it's just because I won my first Immortal game with him after I spawned in between Japan, Macedon and Persia, fun memories.
>>
File: whatcouldvebeen.png (717 KB, 421x600)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>>549405
Because they decided to cater to modern hippie native Americans instead of hot red blooded chad native warriors of ages past.
>>
>>549439
Tbh, not really.
We both have stuff like Cree and Canada alongside Maya and Aztecs. And then there are Mapuche which are somewhere in between
>>
File: CreeBuffWhen.jpg (12 KB, 267x200)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>549405
>>549427
I think the simplest and best buff to them would be giving them free Okitchitaw on start of the game alongside the usual Settler and Warrior and give Okitchitaw Civ V's Shoshone scout ability, basically allowing you to pick which bonus you receive from each tribal village. Or if that's too strong, it should let you pick between 5 randomized outcomes.

This would've make them unironically one of the most fun generalist civs to play. Free relics and faith? Sure. Population and builders? Ok. Spam envoys and governors to actually have easier time with Diplomatic victory? Count me in.
Can someone even mod this in? Please, pretty please.
>>
>>549479
I personally think a doable and reasonable buff would be for the scout to have a +5 combat strength against melee and anti cavalry units, which encompasses 80% of barbarian units and stacked with discipline will give you a nice 30 combat strength unit that won't be pushy against barbarians, which is what you want your scout to do. Also if it were able to select tribal villages it would be broken because you could print a lot of relative weak warriors and zerg rush another civilization just from exploring
>>
>>548399
brb putting Russia back in my random leader pool
>>
>>549522
Ok, how about being able to choose between 3 randomly selected outcomes from tribal vilages? Would still give you an option and not just a flat buff to strength that disappears after ancient era.
>>
>>530349
he's the quality assurance guy, his job is to find bugs
>>
>>530370
where did they touch you?
>>
>>530732
I'm guessing the voices in his head
>>
>>532112
>it's a triggered polcel
>>
>>537468
>that would make their ability moot.
total brainlet take, they would still be focused on eureka shit rather than campuses
>>
>>541819
it adds a lot of distractions while not fixing anything of the stuff that needed fixing
>>
Update WHEN?
>>
>>549992
any minute now....
>>
>>549873
Such as?
>>
>>549856
He got promoted to junior lead design now
>>
Update's out. where do you even find the patch notes?

gon' play me some THICC Khmer
>>
https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-april-2021-game-update-available-now/

New Units
>Trebuchet: Medieval Era Catapult upgrade. Siege promotion class. Upgrades into Bombard. Cannot move and attack on the same turn unless they’ve earned the Expert Crew Promotion.
>Units now replacing this unit: Khmer Domrey.

>Man-At-Arms: Medieval Era Swordsman upgrade. Melee promotion class. Upgrades into Musketman.

>Unique units that will upgrade into this unit: Roman Legion, Kongolese Ngao Mbeba, Macedon Hypaspist, Persian Immortal, Maori Toa, and Gallic Gaesatae.
>Unique units now replacing this unit: Norwegian Berserker, Japanese Samurai, and Georgian Khevsur.

>Line Infantry: Industrial Era Musketman upgrade. Melee promotion class. Upgrades into Infantry.
>Unique units that will upgrade into this unit: Spanish Conquistador and Ottoman Janissary.
>Unique units now replacing this unit: French Garde Imperiale and English Redcoat.

New Maps
>Mediterranean Large Map: A large map of the greater Mediterranean region with resources, terrain, and features reflecting their historic locations.
>Earth Huge Map: A larger sized representation of Earth with resources, terrain, and features reflecting their historic locations.
>TSL Earth Huge: Civilizations start at the location of their historical capital on the huge Earth map.
>TSL Mediterranean: Civilizations start the location of their historic capital on the large Mediterranean map.
>>
>>550046
Aztec
>Tlachtli: [Base Game] Added +1 Culture. [Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Added +2 Culture.

Australia
>Coast is now a Tier 2 start bias.

Canada
>[Gathering Storm] The Last Best West: Increased the yields of Mines and Lumbermills on Snow, Tundra, Snow Hills, and Tundra Hills to +2 Production. Increased the yield of Camps on these terrains to +2 Food. Farms provide +2 Food on these terrains.

China
>Dynastic Cycle: Now when completing a Wonder, receive a random Eureka and Inspiration from the era of the Wonder.

France
>Château: +2 Culture and +1 Gold at base. +1 Culture for each adjacent wonder (increasing to +2 with Flight). +2 Gold for being on a River. Must be adjacent to a Bonus or Luxury resource not adjacent to another Château.

Georgia
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Glory of the World, Kingdom and Faith: No longer receives +100% Faith for 10 turns after declaring a Protectorate War. Instead, combat victories provide Faith equal to 50% of the Combat Strength of the defeated unit (on Standard Speed).

Germany
>Rivers are now a Tier 5 start bias.

Greece
>Thermopylae: Added +1 Combat Strength for every Military Policy slotted.

Inca
>[Gathering Storm] Qhapaq Ñan (leader ability): Added +1 additional Production to Mountains when the game reaches the Industrial Era.
>[Gathering Storm] Inca Terrace Farm: Now gives +1 Housing (was +0.5).
>[Gathering Storm] Mountains (non-Tundra/Snow) are now a Tier 2 start bias.

Japan
>Coast tiles are now a Tier 3 start bias.
>>
>>550050
Khmer
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Grand Barays: Cities with an Aqueduct receive +1 Amenity from entertainment and +1 Faith for every Population. Farms provide +2 Food if adjacent to an Aqueduct and +1 Faith if adjacent to a Holy Site.
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Monasteries of the King: Holy Sites are granted a Major adjacency bonus with Rivers, a Culture Bomb, Food equal to its adjacency bonus, and +2 Housing, if on a River.
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Prasat: +6 Faith. +0.5 Culture for every Population. Receive +10 Tourism per turn in cities with 10 population. Cities with 20 population are granted double this number.

Kongo
>Nkisi: Relics, Artifacts, and Sculptures also give +1 Faith. Removed Great Writers from his additional Great people points.

Korea
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Three Kingdoms: Mines now receive +1 Science for each adjacent Seowon district. Farms now receive +1 Food for each adjacent Seowon district.

Mapuche
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Toqui: Cities with an established Governor provide +5% Culture, +5% Production, and +10% Combat Experience towards all units trained in this city. These numbers are tripled in cities not founded by the Mapuche. All cities within 9 tiles of a city with your Governor gain +4 Loyalty per turn towards your civilization.
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Swift Hawk: +10 Combat Strength when fighting Free Cities or civilizations that are in a Golden or Heroic Age. Defeating an enemy unit within the borders of an enemy city causes that city to lose 20 Loyalty and 40 Loyalty if that player is in a Golden or Heroic Age.
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Chemamull: Added +1 Production.
>>
>>550050
>[Gathering Storm] Inca Terrace Farm: Now gives +1 Housing (was +0.5).
Holy shit
>>
>>550053
Maya
>Mayab: farms now recieve +1 Production for every adjacent Observatory.
>Ix Mutal Ajaw: Non-capital cities within 6 hexes now also receive a Free builder when the city is founded.
>Start bias changes: Grass, Plains, Grass Hills, Plains Hills are now Tier 1 start biases. Tier 2 consists of Plantation luxuries (Gypsum, Ivory, Jade, Marble, Mercury, and Salt). All other terrains (Desert, Snow, Tundra, Desert Hills, Snow HIlls, Tundra HIlls, Desert Mountain, Snow Mountain, Tundra Mountain) are Tier 3 to discourage Coast spawns.

Mongolia
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Ordu: Now gives XP to Siege units.

Netherlands
>Radio Oranje: Domestic Trade Routes provide +2 Loyalty (was +1) per turn for the starting city. Trade Routes sent or receive from a foreign civilization grant +2 Culture (was +1) to the Netherlands.

Nubia
>Ta-Seti: Now +30% Production toward Ranged units (was 50%).
>Nubian Pyramid: Increase to +2 Faith and +2 Food.

Ottoman
>[Gathering Storm] Grand Vizier: Added +1 Governor Title when Gunpowder Technology is unlocked.
>[Gathering Storm] Niter is now a Tier 5 start bias.

Persia
>Pairidaeza: Appeal bonus reduced to +1 (was +2).

Poland
>Lithuanian Union: Taking territory from a foreign city with a Culture Bomb converts it to the majority religion (was only the religion founded by Poland).

Russia
>Mother Russia: Reduced the number of free tiles in new cities to 5 (was 8).
>Lavra: Moved the Great Writer point to the Shrine, the Great Artist point to the Temple, and the Great Musician point to the Tier 3 Worship building.
>>
>>550056
Scythia
>Kurgan: +1 Faith, +3 Gold. +1 Faith for each adjacent Pasture, becoming +2 Faith with Stirrups. Provides Tourism from Faith after researching Flight.

Spain
>Treasure Fleet: May form Fleets and Armadas with Mercantilism, instead of Nationalism and Mobilization. Trade Routes receive +3 Gold, +2 Faith, and +1 Production. Trade Routes between multiple continents receive triple these numbers. Cities not on your original Capital's continent receive +25% production towards districts and a builder when founded.
>El Escorial: Inquisitors can Remove Hersey one extra time. Inquisitors eliminate 100% of the presence of other Religions. Combat and Religious units have a +5 Combat Strength against players following other religions.
>All rulesets now feature the buffed Gathering Storm version of the Mission: +2 Faith. +2 Faith additionally, +1 Food, and +1 Production if on a different continent than your Capital. +1 Science for every adjacent Campus and Holy Site. +2 Science once Cultural Heritage is discovered Cultural Heritage. The Loyalty bonus is still Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm only.
>Remove Coast start bias.
>[Gathering Storm] Geothermal is now a Tier 3 start bias.

Sumeria
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Adventures of Enkidu: Added +5 Combat Strength to units when they and their ally are at war with a common foe.

Vietnam
>[Vietnam and Kublai Khan Pack] Thành: No longer provides a Great General point.

Zulu
>[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Isibongo: Buildings in the Ikanda receive +2 Gold and +1 Science.
>>
>>550050
A lot of these changes really aren't anywhere near as impactful as I'd hoped.

>Tlachtli: [Base Game] Added +1 Culture. [Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Added +2 Culture.
Like what is this? A very minor buff to the Tlachtli's output doesn't fix the problem with it being tied to a district you never need or want to build as the Aztecs. Should've made it so that Entertainment districts don't take up a slot or are only half cost for Aztecs or something.
>>
>>550056
>Tier 2 consists of Plantation luxuries (Gypsum, Ivory, Jade, Marble, Mercury, and Salt)
What? Am I missing something here?
>>
>>550093
Yeah, I was expecting a Khmer-like change to many civs. Most of these are just tiny tweaks.
>>
>>529311
Civ has always been cartoonish. Civ 5 was the only one that went for bland realism.
>>
>>550054
... did they just buff the single best UI... no... best unique anything in the game?
Did they just fucking buff Korea?
What the fuck Firaxis
>>
>>550117
Germany got buffed too, tier 5 start bias for rivers so you're more likely to get god-tier Hansa setups.
>>
>>550050
>>[Gathering Storm] Mountains (non-Tundra/Snow) are now a Tier 2 start bias.
So what does this mean, what was it before?
>>
>>549405
First he makes pounds of gold from luxuries, then he pounds your mom.
>>
so incas top tier with portugal and babylon now
>>
>>550286
Portugal is situationally top tier, they get fucked on non coastal maps. Incas were already S tier, this is just a cherry on top. Babylon is still king
>>
>>550077
To understand the usefulness of the Tlachtli, one must grasp the following concepts.
-Bonus amenities mitigating the effect of war weariness.
-How amenities can counter loyalty pressure of foreign cities.
-understanding with the right setup you can purchase military units with faith.
-Obvious growth boosts from amenities.
-Reaching the required goverment type faster with the culture provided.
>>
>>550158
it's now more likely that the Inca will spawn in a mountainous place. There's 5 tiers 5 being the lowest and 1 being the highest. The Inca were at tier 3 and now they got bumped to tier 2. Germany didn't have a start bias but now they have a better chance of spawning next to a river
>>
>>550056
nerfed russia? gay
>>
File: 1618300032888.png (430 KB, 622x674)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>550355
Portugal is situationally the best civ in the game, however they are highly dependent on map types and can go from best to low tier on the game creation screen. You have to purposefully allow Portugal to be OP by making the map filled with water, whereas Babylon is OP no matter what. Incans are the inverse of Portugal where they need maps filled with land to be OP, but they're a top 3 civ now when they were previously only top 10.
>>
Great patch (from what I've played so far). The new units change a huge portion of the meta game, so I'm only speculating on how the tiers will pan out from here. I'm very happy with the Khmer, Canada, Spain, Ottoman, and Mapuche buffs, but I'm a little put off by Firaxis buffing high/top tier civs like Korea and Incans more than they buffed low/bottom tier civs like Mayans, Poland, China, and Netherlands.
>>
File: 20210422142735_1.jpg (669 KB, 2560x1440)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
Dare I?
>>
>>550573
The Netherlands didn't quite need a buff, maybe a bit of food and 1 housing per polder would have worked wonders but as it is, it's a pretty decent improvement, especially on lakes. Grote Rivieren is pretty overlooked but you can get great industrial zones and campuses with it. Wilhemina's bonus is what makes people not think much about it, even doubling the bonuses she had is still pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>550812
That's a quick restart for me. Great yields, but nothing to build.
>>
File: file.jpg (238 KB, 1200x1477)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
tamar's buff is kind of fun in zombie mode. you can get your pantheon within 10 turns.
>>
>>550812
It's very aesthetic at least.
>>
File: HACQC[1].png (765 KB, 903x739)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
>>550815
Netherlands is a pretty weak civ IMO. +2 on districts is good, but that's basically all their ability amounts to, and it's not every district. Really, what they need is

>Polders count as land to fulfill the adjacency requirement for building new Polders
>Grote Rivierin now applies to all districts (giving the additional +2 to Commercial Hub, Holy Site, and Neighborhoods)
>Radio Oranje now grants +2 loyalty pressure to the Netherlands in the receiving city (allowing them to loyalty flip cities rather than keeping their cities from loyalty flipping)

They'd be the bastard child of Hojo Tokimune and Eleanor of Aquitaine, but they'd be a solid high tier.
>>
File: 20210422144623_1.jpg (984 KB, 2560x1440)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
>>550824
>>550852
Vilnius luckily found me so I could get foreign trade a little faster. It's only prince difficulty so I'm not worried about being steamrolled by the AI. Just thought the starting position was funny.
>>
>>550457
5 is the strongest, actually.
>>
File: HADZT[1].png (1.04 MB, 549x858)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
You call that an aqueduct? Now THIS is an aqueduct.
>>
File: full.png (242 KB, 472x353)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>Update drops
>I ask friends to play
>They'd rather watch anime
>Time for punishing heretics it is!

Holy shit I love new Spain and Khmer in this. It's literally everything I wanted from these civs and more. Khmer get insane food bonuses and even with me playing wide as I do, it was still funny seeing 30 pop cities by turn 100 or so. Updates like these really makes me hope this isn't the end and we will truly get at least one more updates like some sources seem to tell.
>>550815
Honestly the only reason why Radio Oranje got a buff is because it was just such a shitty ability that even doubling it doesn't amount to much. I doubt it's to add another Netherlands' leader, but hey, it makes mod alt leaders more interesting when both civ and leader ability are equally spread out and good. Honestly now they could even buff Peter's ability at this point.
>>550857
Some of the placements here are either too based or too biased for me. Like on one hand, yeah, Pheonicia needs a buff, but Maya certainly don't after their current changes, especially if you know how to spend these free builders. Tamar's still bad, but I wouldn't quite say she's the worst civ anymore. Scythia deserves to be way higher now and Ottomon deserve to be at least in A. I agree with most of the top of the list though.
>>
File: HAEkc[1].jpg (549 KB, 1920x1080)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
Holy shit. I stop paying attention to my northern frontier for 10 turns and the barbarians have sent a fucking death squad after me.

>>551036
You overestimate the buffs to Tamar and Lady Shouldvebeenpacal. Tamar barely got a sidegrade on her ability, though it's better in zombies mode, and the Khevsur went from the 2nd worst unit after the Crouching Dragon to being a mid-tier UU. She needed way bigger buffs to not be the worst, since Phoenicia at least has a unique Harbor and settler bonuses.

>Scythia deserves to be way higher
Yeah, I actually moved her up from D-tier, where I had estimated her previously. I'm going to have to play some games as her to really judge how the changes shook her gameplay up. Saka Horse Archers were contenders for some of the worst units in the game, so I'm glad that they're not useless anymore. She's a tentative C-tier, maybe even B-tier.

>Ottomans deserve A
Maybe. I think they got a lot worse with the Secret Societies pack, which they only sort of rectified. They already have to juggle a lot of Governor promotions, and the Janissary obsoletes really quickly now from what I've seen (Line Infantry comes in 2 techs ahead of where the Janissary comes in). The Trebuchet might very well offset that, though. I'm just reticent of unique units that become obsolete within 20 turns.
>>
File: HAETe[1].png (47 KB, 128x145)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>
which of these civs do you think would be the most exciting to play with/make a video on

asking for a friend
>>
>>550406
>Reaching the required government type
You are never going to built a tlachtli before reaching oligarchy, lmao
>>
meh
>>
>>550406
The problem with the Tlachtli is that it does a little bit of several things but not enough to make a difference, even with this tiny buff to culture (after they buffed the arena/tlachtli with extra culture a year ago).
-If I want culture so badly, I'm going to build a Theater Square district, not an Entertainment Complex district with one building that helps with culture a little bit
-If I want Faith so badly, I'm going to build a Holy Site district instead of screwing around with the Tlachtli
-If I want Great General points so badly, I'm going to build an Encampment
-If I want amenities so badly, I'm going to get an Amenity boosting Pantheon or try and get some more Luxury resources; you know, the thing that gives you a nice combat bonus when you're playing as the Aztecs. In fact, early game just about every other way to get Amenities is better than wasting a district slot on an Entertainment Complex.

It's just a fundamentally flawed building. They gave it a small buff, but it's like trying to fix a severed throat with a small band-aid. The concept can't be saved no matter how many small tweaks they try. In fact, I consider this tiny buff to basically be the devs throwing in the towel and declaring defeat. The Tlachtli is the worst unique building in the entire game, it always will be, and nothing will change that short of introducing a new Civ with an even worse building. It's the Wilhelmina of buildings.
>>
>>551226
Entertainment complexes give health when pillaged, one big up when invading aztec.
>>
>>551226
hear me out
aztec entertainment complexes don't take a district slot and are half price
>>
>>551288
IF that had been implemented it would be a bit more understandable. Still, I feel that a Tepochcalli unique building for the Encampment that replaced the Barracks, or as a unique version of the Encampment District outright, would have made more sense. If you're going to make a Domination Civ, make a Domination Civ and stop fiddling around with meager bonuses to other crap. Also, it would have historical basis, as the Aztecs were known for having a very advanced (if military focused) education system for their time.

I think my problem with your suggestion is that you're talking about giving the Aztecs an extra civ/leader bonus just to turn a terrible UB into an only underwhelming and kind of off-brand UB. If you're considering such drastic measures to "save" things, maybe it would be better to just scrap the idea and try something new that is more viable at the conceptual level.
>>
>>551185
Mapuche
>>
The Tlachtli is a fine building on its own, the problem is just that it's never worth building an otherwise useless district (it's honestly not even worth the era score most of the time) just to have access to it. Should just make it a Monument replacement or something and nerf the yields to match.
>>
>>551403
I wouldn't really call it a fine building even if we ignore the district requirement (which we shouldn't because the district mechanic is half of the gameplay in this outing of the series). It has this weird grab bag of bonus yields that don't seem focused at all. It reminds me of England before Gathering Storm; a bunch of bonuses that didn't really synergize and didn't really seem to know what it was trying to do.

Bad UB design in this game basically comes down to: 1). Bad district placement
2.) Small yields to something other that what that building is primarily designed to do.

I think the developers assumed that Entertainment Complexes were going to be way more important to Domination-focused Civs than they actually ended up being. That military might would be a matter of Encampment, Entertainment, and the occasional Campus district to keep the military hardware up to date. If that had played out, and an Aztec player would have wanted to build a bunch of these things anyway it would have been a nice way to double down on Great Generals, keep your newly conquered slaves happy, and make up for not investing much into Holy Sites and Theater Squares. But, that's not really how things played out.
>>
>>550025
the entire game being a clickfest chore simulator where everything require constant babysitting micromanaging to work optimally
>govs need moving around all the time
>policies need swapping, sometimes every other turn
>units cannot path themselves, must be moved one step at a time or they will do something retarded
>religious combat being an unit spam simulator
>constantly need to monitor hundreds of gamey eurekas, inspirations and historic moments so you don't miss any
>production queue doesn't work properly, for ex. you cannot queue a campus and a library
etc etc.
>>
I got a Man-at-arms at turn 37 from the barbarians. Combined with Lautaro and Hippolyta. I killed Simon Bolivar in 15 turns.
>>
File: 37a1f28eb2.jpg (57 KB, 596x408)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>551598
forgot to add the image
>>
>>551567
Y'know if you hate the genre so much, maybe don't just play it
That's like going to 5 star restaurant and complaining they don't serve MacDonald's hamburgers there.
>>
>>551081
>You overestimate the buffs to Tamar and Lady Shouldvebeenpacal.
With Tamar I was being nice.
With Maya, I don't think they were good, but certainly not F tier, they were just really overshadowed by the rest of NFP civs. It's easy to get fucked by bad start location with them, especially if you choose map option with lots of mountains and water, but you can say that about a big chunk of the roster, including arguably, one of the best civs in the game, but then again, you can just change your map settings before starting a game with them (Shuffle boys, where are you at?). They only can speedrun science, but I do think it's interesting it's one of the few civs that suck at domination while being above avarage at science. Having better archers is also handy. They still need buffs though.

While with Secret Societies you can at least get Ottoman's Governor earlier (remember when every single society invitation gave you extra title? I think I fully upgraded Ibrahim in like classical era because of this error), the thing that certainly elevated them back then and now is simply that walls are really annoying to deal with as you've mentioned. While they didn't get much from NFP, updates to amenities actually changed how much better Ottoman are compared to rest of domination civ at conquering cities and still keeping them happy and running.
>>
>>551714
mate its not the genre. most of what he listed is either exclusive to civ 6 or especially grievous in it
>>
>>551185
In general, or just the buffed ones? If the former, Babylon or Portugal are utterly absurd when played right. If the latter, the Khmer can get the most busted Holy Sites in the game and shit out a carpet of apostles.
>>
>>551301
>>551226
Idea: Chinampa replaces the Tlachtli as the unique building

>Replaces the Waterwheel
>Requires your city to be next to a lake
>Provides +2 production and +3 food, increasing by +1/+1 for every lake tile in your city
>>
File: That's an L.jpg (47 KB, 640x640)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>551567
>govs need moving around all the time
No, you don't, most of the time you want your governors to stay in one city for a good part of the game. The only ones that are designed to be moved quickly like Victor and Ibrahim are designed to help you retain a city on a war. Deciding on where to move them implies long term planning, aka strategy
Unless you're min-maxing production for a very niche domination game, you don't. You decide if whether to change policies or governments based on some thought you gave on how you can benefit from them, again strategy.
>units cannot path themselves, must be moved one step at a time or they will do something retarded
That's just you not paying attention to your surroundings, if you don't want to actually do exploring yourself, don't play a 4x game.
>religious combat being an unit spam simulator
Unless you're playing against faith oriented civs, you don't need to spam so many units. Pay attention to the biggest religions in the game and see how you can take them by buying apostles or missionaries.
>constantly need to monitor hundreds of gamey eurekas, inspirations and historic moments so you don't miss any
Unless you're playing Babylon, you don't need to eureka everything, it's a nice convenient boost that shaves off a couple of turns, which can be nice but it's not a big deal if you miss it. And unless you're playing dramatic ages, entering a dark or normal age isn't a big deal, maybe a couple of loyalty issues but you should be able to deal with them
>production queue doesn't work properly, for ex. you cannot queue a campus and a library
You can't queue things you haven't unlocked for your city. That's like queueing horsemen after you placed a pasture, you don't have enough resources to build it, and a library requires a campus
>>
>>551768
The problem with the Mayans is that the Observatory is still one of the worst Unique Districts in the game, and wholly outclassed by the Seowon, which does something similar (giving science to adjacent mines instead of farms) while also giving you +4 always. Being required to stay within 6 tiles of your capital at all times is highly limiting, and it should be based on map size (5 for tiny, 6 for small, etc). You can get utterly screwed for resources, especially coal, oil, and aluminum, which you need for a science victory. They basically require an S-tier start to get the most out of their abilities and they function like a B-tier civ at that point, while pretty much any other civ would be better.

Ottomans are certainly better against walls, but I think the updates, especially the limiting of governors from Secret Societies, have been unkind to Suleiman.
>>
>>551226
+/- 10% from amenities is fairly impactful in larger cities. If I could guarantee that building an entertainment complex now would make my capital ecstatic for 20 turns, that pays for itself. But fuck trying to calculate that.
>>
>>551833
That lake adjacency requirement kills it for me. There are not enough lakes in most maps to make it practical most of the time. The Babylonian Palgum already does most of what you are suggesting, but better and with the far more reasonable river adjacency requirement.
>>
>>551787
Yes, it's called a game mechanic.
Most of the complaints there is with the fact you have to play the game, make your own decisions around the game and it's a strategy that is not playing itself. Sounds like you just want it to be Crusader Kings instead of something good.
>>
>>551919
Just because you're constantly doing something doesn't mean you're doing something meaningful. A lot of VI's systems can be reduced to repeating the same situationally optimal actions for benefits that become increasingly irrelevant over the course of the game.
>Move Magnus to a city where you have features or resources to harvest
>Swap in the civilian / military production cards when it's appropriate to do so
>Purchase and promote apostles / missionaries / gurus when spreading your religion
>Switch off of X technology / policy because you'll be unlocking the eureka in X turns
I enjoy the first two or three eras of this, but eventually you realize you're going to win whether you're optimally micromanaging your empire or not. I'd actually like a compromise between V and VI where you gradually shift from micromanagement to more passive management of your empire, which would mirror the development of imperial / modern administration.

I think a lot of VI's systems are good in theory, but in reality they're often reduced to the same rote decisions that take too long to micromanage. Just simplifying the policy system so that it's closer to V's more permanent policy tree would do wonders for the game.
>>
File: 1614457161329.jpg (48 KB, 442x493)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>scouts now have a "pet the dog" button
>mfw civ is now pandering to the "LE HECKIN GOODBOY BORKER BOOFER PUPPERINO BOOP LE HECKIN SNOOT XDDDDD" crowd
>>
>>552047
>having easter eggs is bad
One does not simply get the anon.
>>
>>552047
>now
>>
>>551714
None of the things I mentioned are about the genre you low iq retard.
>>
>>552047
>>552053
If Civ 4 came out today people on here would be bitching about stuff like the Sputnik quote or the Internet icon. No fun allowed unless it's old and nostalgic and therefore good.
>>
>>552047
>cat people
>>
>>552047
at least it's not fortnite dance
>>
>>552073
nigga, it's petting a fucking dog. take your meds
>>
I know I've no one to blame but myself for listening to him, but McSoy can't stop himself from claiming everything is "insane" in this update. He didn't even realize Spain has been able to form early fleets and armadas forever. With the exception of the Khmer, the Maya, and the Inca (why, Firaxis), the changes seem relatively sensible in terms of balance.

I wish there was someone a little bit better making VI videos. Not a lot of options, watching toxic multiplayer players is the most entertaining thing for me right now.
>>
>>552047
I don't really care about petting the dog, but I care about people praising the game for it when it still suffers from blatant issues like bad AI and crashes. It's a meme band-aid.
>Wow, this is the best feature of the update! XD
>>
>The ultimate roster:
Germany
England
Norway
France
Italy(rome)
Spain
Poland
Russia
Bulgaria
Greece
Scotland or Ireland
Persia
Arabia
Egypt
India
Mongolia
Tibet
China
Japan
Korea
Vietnam
Malaysia
Indonesia
Aztec
Maya
Inca
Babylon
Some african for good measure
>>
>>552203
>No America
>No Phoenicians
>No Byzantines
>No Ottomans or modern Turks
>No Zulu (Shaka has Gandhi status)
The rest I agree with, though
>>
The Mapuche have become a very good domination civ. Lautaro's bonus is terrifying, when you unlock the man-at-arms and you pick your target that's in a golden age you're essentially invading them with musketmen when most are still using swords, combined with Oligarchy you have 59 combat strength units fucking everyone's shit up in the medieval era and now the governor bonus makes every governor essentially become Victor with the +4 loyalty to cities in 9 tiles promotion, and if you have Victor with that promotion, it's 8 loyalty. I've been shuffling my governors around now because Lautaro has essentially become the aggressive version of Eleanor of Aquitaine. Love the buff
>>
>>552192
he's a marketer
>>
>>552070
>None of the things I mentioned are about the genre you low iq retard.

>units cannot path themselves
That's normal for the genre
As in doesn't allow you to queue something without fullfiling the requirements
>constantly need to monitor hundreds of gamey eurekas, inspirations and historic moments
You don't have to, just like other people told you, it's just a nice bonus, which is normal for the genre
They don't unless you micromanage, again, your choice

Do you even read the stuff you're writing here or you're just coming here to bait and insult people?
Your argument isn't even that bad and I could even agree with some of the points, but yikes. That rest of the reasoning + ad hominem for no reason.
>>
>>551226
Tlachtli:
>+25% combat experience for units trained in this city
>1 great general point per turn
>1 production
>2 amenities
There, it now acts like one additional encampment improvement. Build an entertainment complex in your main city which you plan to make all your units in, and pump out easily promotable units while keeping your core empire happy and productive.
>>
>>
>>552430
>That's normal for the genre
the fact you think broken pathfinding (in civ 6 they can't even go straight some times) is genre defining just confirms you're a total retard.
>As in doesn't allow you to queue something without fullfiling the requirements
so stupid I can hardly tell if it's just trolling now
>just don't do these things that get you ahead in the game
must be a prince player
>>
>>552570
>things that get you ahead in the game actually requires you do stuff
Civ VI isn't a perfect game but you just sound like a retard. You don't have to move governors around constantly or change policies every chance you get; part of the game is knowing when to switch and what to switch to. Sorry it's a bit more complicated than just filling out Rationalism and winning.
>>
>>552584
it's a strategy game. getting ahead should be about using your head, not a bunch of busywork every turn. but I'm sure executing preset strategies that you read on the internet makes your brainlet ass feel smart, thinking that it's a deep game because it require excessive clicking.
>>
>>551876
It's basically the Waterwheel, but for lakes instead of rivers. You're right about lakes being scarce, though. It'd require Firaxis (or someone else) to fix the lake spawning so that they aren't rarer than Uranium. That Chinampa building could give you crazy yields if you got a big, beautiful lake, though.
>>
>>552589
>it's a strategy game. getting ahead should be about using your head, not a bunch of busywork every turn
Cool, can you use your head on some hard solid object and let people enjoy their game?
Noone is saying it's a strategy game because it requires lots of clicking or learning about some new strategies, you're going off at a tangent.
>>
File: 1548753351868.png (152 KB, 468x372)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>552192
>why, Firaxis
Someone on the team just got done watching the Emperor's New Groove and snuck in some stealth buffs for Inca. Everyone else was paying too much attention to the Spain, Canada, and Khmer buffs to notice that Incans went even further beyond.
>>
>>552463
>Loyalty flipping city states
Hot damn. Nu-puche completely outclass Eleanor. Now she needs a buff.
>>
>>552592
you can enjoy the game all you want, brainlet. and I can criticize it all I want.

>Noone is saying it's a strategy game
No, it definitively isn't one. but it pretends to be one.
>>
File: HAVad[1].jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
This is some bullshit. Cahokia is in a great spot to settle but I can't fucking get rid of them.
>>
>>552714
thats what you get for playing as the leafs
>>
Is legendary start cheating?
>>
>>551833
>>552591
I don't see why this shouldn't just be like a +2 F/+2 P improvement you can only build on lakes instead. That way while lakes are still rare you at least get a strong bonus for settling near them without taking away your ability to build watermills normally.

Also to be fair, lakes large enough to show up on the scale of a civ map (where for example a single hex represents an area about as large as Ohio on standard size) are incredibly rare in real life too.
>>
>>552733
Is spawning in resources with the dev tools cheating?
>>
>>552750
Hexes don't have a standard size. On the TSL Europe map, a single hex is the size of Luxembourg. You could make a huge map that encompasses only Ireland if you wanted.

Chinampas being an improvement should've been obvious from the getgo, but now that we have Polders, there'd be too much overlap. The happy medium would be to have Chinampas be a unique building that appears in Irrigation, that way the Aztecs have incentive to settle both rivers and lakes, even if historically they occupied all of one lake.
>>
>>552192
I think one of McWhiskey's biggest problems is that he has a group of Civs he likes to play as, the most recent Civs that he has to play as to keep his channel relevant, and then everyone else he neglects and usually remains somewhat ignorant of. He also tends to think in an overly theoretical way.

I think the best example of this was when he returned to Norway after they (and coastal raiding in general) got buffed a few months ago. And it's true, coastal raiding and Viking Longships were way stronger. But what surprised him was how much better the Berserker was than he remembered it being. On his unique unit tier video he ranked Berserkers in the bottom tier with the Crouching Tiger. After actually playing with them for a while his opinion of them was much higher. He needs hands-on experience in an actual game to really evaluate things properly, but he's only had time to do that with maybe half of the civs and doesn't really keep up with the civs he doesn't care for.

>>552444
Why not just make it an Encampment building that provides some amenities on the side? That's basically what you've done, and it would be way more logical than the current version.

>>551865
That's more of an argument for Entertainment Complexes than the Tlachtli itself though. After all, the Tlachtli doesn't even produce more amenities than the standard arena. It's literally an arena with 2 faith, 1 Great General point, and now, in the expansion pack rule sets only, one more culture than the standard arena. So, it's not even a better arena, it's an arena with some small, completely unrelated bonuses on top.
>>
>>552584
>>551948
>>
It feels weird going back to the days of radio silence from Firaxis. Hopefully we can get some update in August or September.
>>
>>552600
>and I can criticize it all I want.
Yes you can, but really all you're saying is 'muh clicking' and 'you are all retards for having different opinion' and you act like smartass for doing it. Everything you say is irrelevant and hiperbolized to the point I wonder what are you doing here outside of trying to get everyone's attention. You're saying other people here must be Prince player based on just trying to argue with you, but I can guarantee that if all these posts are you:
>>552589
>>552570
>>552070
>>551567
I'd rather play any difficulty than have these mental gymnastics with you.

>No, it definitively isn't one. but it pretends to be one.
>Sid Meier's Civilization VI is a turn-based strategy 4X video game developed by Firaxis Games
I know you wanted to roast it, but if you have to ignore every other sources of information for it to work, you just sound like what you are making fun of to me.
>>
>>552222
>No America
not a civilization
>No Phoenicians
fair enough, I'll write them in
>No Byzantines
there's already both a rome and a greece. Next you'll want a macedon too
>No Ottomans or modern Turks
not a civilization
>No Zulu
that's fair too, in they go
>>
>Multiple world wonders per map
>If you build a great wall after someone else builds one, you get Hadrian's Wall
>Someone builds Egyptian Pyramids first, you can still build Mesoamerican Pyarmids
how retarded is this idea
>>
>>553489
Kinda defeats the purpose of wonders as a high risk, high reward investment. Even if the "replacement" version isn't as good as the original wonder it still takes away from the strategic element behind deciding whether or not to build a wonder.
>>
>>553510
Is it really a strategic element or a roll the dice element.
>>
>>553514
It's only RNG when you're greedy and trying to rush early-game wonders at high difficulties. By mid-game you should know enough about the state of the world to know whether you can afford to go for a wonder or not, and have enough resources accumulated that you can safely beeline towards a desired one if you're smart about it.
>>
Am I playing this game wrong? I find that every game I play I simply do not have the production to do everything that I need to do - never enough builders, spies, military units or districts finished. Are you essentially supposed to super specialize your cities? I don't understand.
>>
>>553784
it's a game about making decisions if you didn't figure already
>>
>>553489
>take something where the point is unique effects and make them not unique anymore
>>
>>553784
Depends on your approach, really. In general I follow a core rule for district buildings, that if you can get to a 7 population city, the districts that you should build are: An industrial zone, a gold district (Hub or Harbor, depending on your position), and a science or culture district, science is always the best option because you want to have the techs that can help you be more productive and have the best units in case of needing to go to war on offense or defense. You can use tacks to plan out your cities, there's this wonderful mod that can tell you how much yields you will get from placing a district on a certain tile: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2428969051&searchtext=tacks

Also you have to consider that your starting location will affect how good your production will be. In general it's best to spawn near rainforest hills or grassland woods hills because they give you good food and production so you can pump out your initial units faster while not sacrificing growth, use the citizen management screen to work the most optimal tiles. always try to work out a 2 food 2 production tile or a 2 food 1 production tile and assign your citizens to work it for you so you can get the benefits. And as a last tip, plan according to your civ's best strengths and abilities.
>>
>>553784
just play germany and specialize in production
>>
How do you stop yourself from constantly loading earlier saves when something does not go as you planned? On one hand, it helps me play more optimally (AI declared war, but I'm underprepared so I roll back to start making more units, or I couldn't finish floodwalls until the water level increased and go back to research it quicker to not lose any tiles), but on the other hand it feels like a chore and seems less fun as you replay the otherwise same turns.
>>
>>554039
You never should have started doing that in the first place. Loading earlier saves is only something that a person would do if they hate fun.
>>
File: HB8Iz[1].png (740 KB, 980x868)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>554039
I don't see it as a problem on Deity/Immortal, but if you're savescumming on the easier difficulties there's something wrong with you. Deity, especially, is designed to be rigged. The only time I wouldn't rig Deity is if I'm playing as one of the top 5 civs (Portugal, Babylon, Incans, Australians, Gauls).
>>
>>554039
>How do you stop yourself
Think of the additional chalenge or something. This is a problem for nearly all tbs games and if you fall for the temptation it will kill your enjoyment fast. I have done so in the past when I got pissed at goody hut results and ended having to play without them all the time or else my autism would make me abandon the game still in the ancient age.
>>
File: HB9Ad[1].png (894 KB, 642x506)
894 KB
894 KB PNG
Canada is kinda strong now guys
>>
File: machu_picchu.jpg (1.52 MB, 1920x1080)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
After for so long I've finally built Machu Picchu on Immortal. AIs always take it from me, but this game they've only took Oracle.
>>
Is anyone else not able to place dams in the new huge TSL map? I think the map treat all the rivers as one river, so once AI builds the Great Bath, no dams can be built. Just wondering if anyone has found any ways around it.
>>
Im thinking of using pin 1 as the petra city but if one of the other pins or another tile looks better im open to opinions. Gonna be getting the sea goddess pantheon if its available if that changes anything.
>>
What civ should I play with the new patch? I've already done Khmer and Inca for thicc memes.
>>
>>554477
Gorgo, go for Oligarcy > Monarchy > Fascism, then put Oligarchic legacy on one of your wildcard slots.
>>
File: 20210421213755_1.jpg (790 KB, 1920x1080)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
Took me quite a while to build this, lol this sucks.
>>
>>554479
How do you check if you have a government long enough to get a legacy card? I was never sure about that.
>>
>>554511
if you have (whichever expansion it was that gave us government districts) then constructing buildings in that will enable the Legacy cards, once you have a government in the tier beyond
>>
>>554511
it's usually the longest or the current one when you build the tier building in the government plaza, so if you build a warlord's throne when you have oligarchy or afterwards, you will see on the building's description that after building you will have the legacy card after whichever building you have built.
>>
Any recommendations?
>>
>>554548
*mod recommendations
>>
>>554550
civs or gameplay recommendations?
>>
File: goodlucksiddhartha.png (3.1 MB, 1453x961)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
Reply "good luck siddhartha" to this post to help the great prophet in his exploration adventures and get additional faith next game.
>>
File: HBf0U[1].png (506 KB, 965x666)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>554550
>>554548
>>
File: HBf1w[1].png (721 KB, 957x609)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>554548
>>554550
>>
>>554554
any really, I'm new to Civ 6 from Civ V
>>
>>552733
I usually use balanced, feels like I get decent starts without being broken
>>
>>554572
well, i would personally recommend Expanded Policy Cards and Better Report Screens so you can have a tangible idea of how each policy can affect you as shown here >>554567, i also recommend Detailed Map Tacks, since Civ VI involves way more city planning than Civ V so you can plan your cities, districts and wonders accordingly
>>
>>553514
The only dice rolling is for early wonders purely because the AI starts with random technologies on higher difficulties.
>>
File: King November Bazinga.jpg (75 KB, 319x613)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>554548
>>554550
Civilizations Expanded: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2036753727
Basically what the last patch should have been. Every civilization and leader is rebalanced to be better and more unique while retaining their core identity.

City Lights: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2190389813
A mod that allows cities to specialize in either rural or urban development by placing mutually exclusive districts. Rural cities give increased gold yields on relevant improvements and food and / or production on domestic trade routes. Urban cities have decreased tile yields, but can specialize into science, culture, or gold and build unique buildings in urban districts that enhance these benefits. Also contains a lot of unique tile improvements.

City Sprawl: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619400469
Adds urban sprawl to buildings adjacent to city centers so cities look more like cities.

Leugi's Ciry Styles Pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2169097417
High quality assets that replace palaces, monuments, canals, and sprawl with regional variants.

Global Rankings: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2466786255
A returning features from V that provides updates on various metrics including science, culture, etc.

Quick Deals: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2460661464
A mod that optimizes trading, Firaxis should be embarrassed by how good this is. It's still new, however.

Extended Policy Cards and Detailed Map Tacks:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2266952591
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2428969051
>>
>>554621
Also might want to wait on Civilizations Expanded until the author updates and rebalances it for the April patch.
>>
>>554477
Gauls, early men at arms is busted.
>>
>>554477
Play as Spain and completely take over the other continent on a terra map
>>
File: CivSlavs.png (1.13 MB, 593x1266)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>538200
America/Truman
England/Churchill (returning from IV)
France/Charlemagne
Germany/Bismarck (returning from V)
Russia/Elizabeth Petrovna
Greece/Pyrrhus or Alexander
China/Qianlong
India/Ahilya Bai Holkar
Arabia/Ali
Egypt/Either Thutmose with either Hatshepsut
Aztecs/Cuauhtémoc
Denmark/Margaret I or Ragnar
Rome/Livia or Hadrian
Timurids/Timur

Japan/Himiko (also known as Shingi Waō)
>Returning from her Hero status in Civ 6, she brings her City-state leading and levying abilities alongside what Japan is already known for. Her UI could be Kofun. Maybe even she's both leader and a unit in this if you play as Japan.

Hittites/Suppiluliumas I
>Bringing back older civ. Might be science and domination oriented and get bunch of early bonuses. Temporary replacement for Babylon/Sumer/Assyria that might come in DLC.

Papal States/Pius IX
>The "Prisoner of Vatican" could help rework religion victory, have bonuses to denouncing and banning certain things, as well as be stoic leader of this game. Would be kind of hard to incorporate but would certainly boost the interest of the game. Temp. Byz replacement.

Inuit/Ekeuhnick
>We had the pope, now we have eskimos. A civ revolving around exploration and making use of tundra, snow and ice.

Swahili/Al-Hasan ibn Sulaiman
>Ability would be 'Father of Gifts' and entire civ would actually revolve around being nice to other civs, giving them stuff, units, gold and getting more bonuses in return. They might start with no surprise wars trait from VI's Canada alongside some faith bonuses. I wonder if you can technically incorporate 'Baba Yetu' into its themes.

Cuba/Fidel Castro
>Basically a civ that would allow you to ignore happiness/amenities, barbarians and loyalty while screwing up everyone with these two + culture/domination. 'Hasta siempre' mixing into 'Guantanamera' as its theme.

Hawaii/Liliʻuokalani
>Culture naval civ focusing mainly on getting great people and working sea tiles. 'Aloha ʻOe' as its theme.
>>
Does anyone have the image with chart of leader and/for every Civ per game and image for them? I can't find it anywhere anymore and it was pretty helpful when making these potential Civ 7 lists. It didn't include NFP civs, so I wanted to edit them in.
>>
>>541862
>Walesa
Kazimierz Jagiellonczyk would be a legit great underrated choice.
>>
>>555000
Pilsudski and Sobieski though
>>
>>554840
If you're going for pre-Heian Japan, you should probably aim for Jimmu or Shotoku. The latter is the most likely, since he's famous for spreading Buddhism to the upper class of Japan, which then trickled down to most of Japanese society.
>>
File: HBlCZ[1].png (421 KB, 826x419)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
Choose
>>
>>555282
Hadrian, he cute.
>>
>>555264
I need someone to fill the female ruler quote and I thought giving it to Japan would make sense, since they last had one in Civ 2 in form of goddess that definitely didn't exist. If not her, Shoutoku or Meiji is fine for me.
>>
>>541087
>Every civ game starts with (Vikings)

2 and 6 are the only games where Vikings (or equivalent) are a base game civ, they're DLC in 3, 4, and 5.
>>
>>554840
>Greece/Pyrrhus or Alexander
ehh. these guys are not even really greek. macedonians and epirotes are more like hellenized barbarians.
>>
File: 1610891356174.png (631 KB, 1700x1143)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>>555310
Prince Shotoku is a girl don'tcha know?
>>
>>555349
I doubt we'll get Macedon in another game, but who knows. I really just want Pyrrhus in because outside of Leonidas and what we got in VI, I can't think of anything that I would like over Alexander, which again, wasn't really greek.
>>555393
Please don't remind me.
I legit had conversation with someone telling me they're depicted as trans lorewise in this series and it was the worst thing ever. Some people really don't get what artistic interpretion is.
>>
Can you culture bomb a different civs (not city-state) tile that is adjacent to their city center?
>>
>>555455
Yes. You can take any tile that isn't a city tile, wonder tile, or district tile.
>>
>>555349
Hellenized by whom? There's no evidence Alexander's people were anything other than Greek.
>>
>>555250
Yeah those would probably be the best popular choices. I think Mieszko I would be interesting too, he could probably work similarly to Mvemba a Nzinga in the way that he would get bonuses for being converted into a religion.
>>
>>555533
This. the aristocracy, which includes alexander, were unquestionably 100% greek. This is based on archaeological fact. They spoke and wrote greek, participated in the olympics, worshipped the hellenic pantheon, etc.
>>
File: 2upt-2.jpg (1.73 MB, 1920x1080)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>Firaxis has not fixed this yet
>>
>>555993
what's wrong with your unit flags
>>
>>556008
What do you mean? I don't see anything wrong with them. I'm talking about how units can end up stacked on one tile and preventing you from ending your turn. Should be a failsafe when this happens, like a combat strength penalty.
>>
>>556016
I think he's referring to how they have a weird glow to them. I also was wondering about it when I saw the image.
>>
>>556016
>preventing you from ending your turn. Should be a failsafe when this happens
shift-enter ignores notifications and forces turn end
>>
File: 20210418214209_1.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>tfw plundering a stack of 4+ trade ships.
>>
>>556188
ARRA
I love this VA. He isn't ever mad much at you, he's just surprised at your actions.
>>
>>556425
AAAAAAHHHH SIIIIM
>>
>>556188
i hate his fat shiny lips
>>
File: 1601665376026.png (1.4 MB, 850x1276)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
What mechanics would you like to see in Civ VII? Anything you want removed? Added?
>>
>>556794
A manpower resource.
Every turn a certain percentage of your city growth would be converted into manpower, and creating or healing military units would drain manpower from the pool. Different policies and buildings would effect how much growth is converted into manpower and how efficient the conversion is.
>>
>>556794
More victory options and the ones that sucked the most in VI (religious and diplomatic) are reworked and given more thought.
>>
>>556794
give me something good
>>
>>557193
this is a slow board anon
>>
File: GydmM[1].jpg (397 KB, 1835x683)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>556794
>Supply lines
Self creating trade routes from your units from friendly cities which provides healing bonuses which can be cut off if you wander too far/gets plundered.
>merging units
Already a thing with corps/armies/etc., but now you can combine any unit together and thus their promotions. The combined units keep the same promotion tree as normal as if they were not merged. Movement and combat strength is averaged, rounded down. Only duplicate unit merges get a combat strength increase.
>borrow abilities/units/improvements
Getting an alliance, conquering a significant portion of a civ's cities/population, or gaining an amount of cultural influence over another civ will get you their abilities, or allow you to build their UU or UIs.
>>556826
I like this idea. I was thinking of a population grower and manipulator where you can focus growing a noble/patrician class to create "elite" units, with bonuses to experience or something.
>>
>>557217
still good for picking a leader
>>
>>556794
Vassal/puppet states. Lands you conquer can be puppeted, reducing war penalties and allowing you to set up buffer states between you and aggressive civilizations.
>>
>>556794
rolling
>>
>>556794
>Era scaling
The option to scale the time that each individual era requires to progress, including research time for technologies and civics, great people point generation, etc. Prefer classical or medieval era warfare? Simply scale those eras to last longer than the others and enjoy playing at your own pace.
>Era stopping
Similarly, the option to stop the progression of the game at a particular era. Domination, cultural, and religious victory conditions remain the same for every era, with the exception being that tourism from wonders and trade is increased in earlier eras - imagine winning a cultural victory after the fall of Rome as Byzantium. The victory condition for scientific victory changes depending on the era, requiring unique technologies, buildings, and projects. For example, a medieval era science victory would be a race to alchemically produce gold.
>River transport and trade
In VI, rivers don't do anything except providing fresh water for cities and the ability to build water mills, which doesn't fully reflect their historical importance to economic development and military campaigning. Civilian and military land units should be able to be quickly moved along rivers - upstream or downstream - to cities or docks (a neutral territory tile improvement). Traders can also trade along rivers for greatly increased efficiency of trade.
>Vassal states
As >>557381 suggested. I'd really like to see a feature similar to V's vassal states return.
>Tribute and mercenaries
Similarly, you should be able to give or receive units from vassals and city-states as tribute. I'd also love the ability to lease units to or rent units from other major civilizations as mercenaries. Every unit in the game has a gold-per-turn cost assigned to it as a baseline for negotiating mercenary contracts; an archer would be 3 GPT and a spearman 2 GPT, for example, so hiring a mercenary army of 3 archers and 2 spearmen for 30 turns would be 390 gold.
>>
>>557695
To prevent exploits with mercenaries, there'd have to be some conditions attached to them.
>They appear in the city closest to the civilization you're leasing them from, and are returned to that civilization's closest city when the contract expires
>Mercenary units cannot be deleted, and become hostile to the civilization that hired them if at war with their home civilization
>The AI won't lease mercenaries if it leaves them at a lower cumulative land or naval military strength depending on the units leased - unless they are allies
>>
>>556794
>>
There is literally no reason to play with barbarians enabled. If you do you are a faggot.
>>
>>556794
UI that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.
>>
>>558423
lately on emperor the AI keeps getting absolutely mauled by barbarians. they just cant cope. just finished a domination game as lautaro where a whole continent of civs had literally 0 military score because of barbs. i dont remember it being like this in the past.
>>
>>556794
Militias
>when at war you unlock the ability to create militia units in your cities for a cheap production cost
>building a militia will remove 1 population and 1 amenity from the city and create 1 militia unit
>militia have the same stats as the highest tier anti-cavalry the builder has unlocked but receive a -75% penalty when attacking and don't exert any zone of control
>militia units cost no maintenance but cannot heal and take 10 damage every turn they spend outside of the builder's borders
>militia cannot earn experience or receive promotions
>militia don't benefit from flanking bonuses, great generals, or any other modifiers aside from terrain
>militia can be disbanded when in the city that built them to restore the lost population and amenity, if your country stops being at war all militia are automatically disbanded

Largely useless for anything but defending your borders in very desperate situations, but once you hit Industrial era this changes.

>cities now spawn two militia per population/amenity spent
>militia are now instead based on the strongest infantry unit available, can exert zone of control, and only have a -25% penalty to attack
>militia now fully benefit from all combat modifiers
>militia still can't gain experience but will receive free promotions from military buildings in the city they're built
>militia can now heal and no longer take damage when outside the builder's borders

Couple this with greatly increased scaling to unit maintenance in later eras and militia are now an invaluable element of your armies for supplement your elite standing forces, but any large scale wars will also begin to devastate your empire as you continue having to churn out more militia to match your enemy. War now has more tangible consequences. Late game growth rates would also be drastically increased to help compensate, but you'll still have periods of devastating conflict.
>>
>>558688
I think this is a great way to reincorporate the classic conscription mechanic from 3 and 4 back into a newer game. However, the post-industrial militia could contribute a lot to the whole "carpet of doom" issue, so maybe the price could be upped a little bit.
>>
>>558423
If you can't handle barbarians, you're a brainlet. Barbarian clans are great.
>>
>>558423
Barbarians are great. The AI tends to overexpand, and the barbarians rip them to shreds, giving you a chance to catch up.
>>
>>558423
>free exp
>free gold
>free era score
>keeps AI in check
if you get filtered by barbs you suck, simple as
>>
>>556794
oh shit someone saved my roll chart. I was thinking of doing an update now that the dlc is done but I'm not sure how I'll include any more civs.
>>
File: Cvq43FSXgAAQGq2.jpg (166 KB, 960x518)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>559032
>barbarians aren't retarded bullshit just get good lmao
>>
>>559063
why did you let a barb camp sit in your backyard for that long? in such a late era? literally get good
>>
>>559088
Wasn't me I just googled it but it's pretty representative of what I was talking about
>>
>>559063
>>559090
lmao that’s definitely not from barbarians. Looking at how advanced and numerous they are it is obviously a spy abusing the recruit partisans mission you can do in neighbourhoods. And if barbarians actually did manage to get you into that situation you would have to be legitimately retarded and should seek some sort of benefits from the government.
>>
File: HC0VZ[1].jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
BUILD A FUCKING HARBOR YOU SHIT
>>
I can't play any of the new maps. No matter what i do the game just throws me back to the main menu after a few seconds in the loading screen out of nowhere. Anyone having the same problem? What do i do?
>>
>>559090
You can see a pillaged nieghborhood in the picture, it's just as likely that those are partisans recruited by a spy.

Ignoring that, you'd have to be retarded for not knowing there's a barbarian camp in your territory for long enough to let this happen.
>>
File: HC3gg[1].png (1.25 MB, 845x611)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
lmao cucked. No +4 harbor for you
>>
>>559319
lel
>>
>>556794
Auto-upgrading units like in Beyond Earth. Probably controversial, but I think it's dumb how cavemen warriors can sneak past radar into modern age - and an annoying chore to upgrade them all.

Resources serving as a buff to limited number of units rather than limiter to build. Again, controversial, but I think it's dumb how I can miss out on certain units in a chain depending on a spawn and not even get a workaround.

Multi-tile cities that are actually like that. Every few citizens you need to aim another tile to the urban area, adjacent to the already existing one. And it should also add more tiles to workable area based on that.

More future content because future is fun. Hypothetical technologies and wonders.

Maybe some better trade and production chain inspired by Vicky.
>>
>>559319
can't they be removed with dow?
>>
>>560858
nope, they can only be removed if you placed it next to a resource that can be wiped out by flooding or harvested, so it's best to place it next to hilly terrain on luxury resources on land and next to turtles, amber, whales and pearls on the coast. Feitorias can also be removed if you conquer the city directly as Portugal. However it seems that if you capture a free city as Portugal, you get to keep the Feitoria
>>
>>559966
>Auto-upgrading units like in Beyond Earth. Probably controversial, but I think it's dumb how cavemen warriors can sneak past radar into modern age - and an annoying chore to upgrade them all.
I'd be okay with this just so the AI is forced to upgrade their units. I'm sick of ai armies being 3 eras behind.
Disagree about more future tech, if anything I think modern/near future eras are over represented.
>>
>>559319
what the caralho
>>
>>560858
You wish. Portugal gets to permanently cuck your coastlines. A minor annoyance on Pangaea, but downright dastardly on Archipelago.
>>
File: duck.jpg (105 KB, 700x698)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
RELEASE THE FUCKING DLL FIRAXIS
>>
File: HCjDf[1].jpg (474 KB, 1474x1002)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
I TURNED MY CITY INTO A NATIONAL PARK MORTY

I'M NATIONAL PARK RIIIiiiiIIIIIIIICK
>>
File: HClGq[1].png (1.09 MB, 766x638)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>561336
Oh my lord
>>
How do we fix the science victory?
>>
File: 1611872246819.jpg (123 KB, 1024x683)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
I've never once gotten into air combat in Civ VI. I've never killed a fighter with another fighter. The most aerial attacks I've done are using bombers against less advanced AI/other players. Games always end before air fights ever become viable
>>
is monopolies and corps still broken for tourism or did they fix it?
>>
>>563817
yeah, they fixed it so that you win in 175 instead of 150
>>
>>561597
OBRIGADO
>>
>>563476
It comes way too late for many games and it requires an entire dedicated district. Imagine if you had to build a special stable district to produce and maintain cavalry units. Too much crap in the way. And for what? Some bonus ranged units and siege units who partially ignore 1upt. That sounds better than it really is.
>>
>>563974
The Encampment really should've been able to house air units and the Airport should've been a unique district focused on tourism.
>>
>>563827
They actually made it a lot harder to win with monopolies. I only win early when I'm doing Great Library cheese strats now.

>Pingala's bonus to Great Works
>Great Library
>Maxed out works of Writing
>Trade routes to everyone
>Win culture victory by turn 100
>>
>>564027
yeah the aerodrome should have just been the tier 4 encampment building.
>>
File: E0L8Rp_WEAUVJbM.png (441 KB, 679x392)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
After playing the civs they mentioned in the patch announcement video, i'm going to give a small review on them:

>Khmer
Definitely insane, super tall cities guaranteed. River goddess and the belief can buy missionaries and apostles can guarantee you a horde of apostles while your faith economy keeps going upwards. The Prasat giving culture per citizen and tourism per 10-20 population is incredible. Biggest jump in tiers, they used to be E tier but now I consider them A tier. Domrey replacing the Treubchet is a nice touch but still no policy to help you prebuild it.

>Spain
It went from a complete joke to a decent runner up to Portugal and Byzantium, a split continent bias helps your trade routes in a very neat way. I would say that they go from F tier to a nice little B tier, Philip's bonus is still meh since he doesn't get anything to help him found a religion.

>Canada
Canada still relies on a good spawn that needs a mixture of hills, flat tundra and some resources, Maui can remedy that, however, the bonus to mines is great and you can easily get massive cities in the late game but you still suffer a bit from underdeveloped cities, you can manage easier with these changes though. The mountie getting two charges is stupid but i like it. They go from a D tier civ to a B tier civ.

>China
Minuscule change, the issue with this is that you need to have either a good culture or science game if you want to build wonders and most of the time you have gone on to later era techs by the time you have built a wonder. They're still underwhelming and Qin's bonuses die pretty quickly for this and Kublai has nothing inherent for this. No changes imo

>Mapuche
Severely slept on, they became Eleanor but with governors instead of works of art. Governors giving essentially +12 loyalty and Victor and Amani +16 is definitely something you have to consider to how much better they make them at domination. They go from D to A imo. If you're in a golden age good luck killing Lautaro.
>>
>>564860
Or it could be the T3 building opposite the Military Academy. Once flight is unlocked, all Encampments gain 2 slots for air units, increasing to 4 with the Aerodrome building, among other bonuses.

Then the Airport:
>Base district: Allows airlifting of units. Provides +1 of every yield per adjacency, major adjacency if next to a city center, and normal adjacency for every adjacent district
>T1 building: 25% of this city's culture output is turned into tourism. +5 culture and gold per turn.
>T2 building: +20% gold, culture, science, and faith in this city, doubling if powered.
>>
>>564893
>Canada
You're sleeping on them. Canada is easily the best of all the civs that got buffed (not counting Incans because lol) this last patch. Their mines and farms are INSANE. We're talking +1/+4 yield tiles. Canada might be an even better Tundra civ now than Russia, but Russia still has an easier time getting Dance of the Aurora and Work Ethic, which, imo, is the only thing that keeps them relevant against Canada.

See: >>554139
I got a +1/+4 tile on turn 9 because I got a cheeky builder from a tribal village.
>>
>>565012
My issue with Canada is that you need a good roll to make the best use of the last best west, if you are surrounded by hilly terrain you will have incredibly good mines but your growth will absolutely suck, flat tundra is more manageable because the terrain makes it easier to explore, you'll have tall cities albeit with less production, that's why i said you need a mixture of both. My other issue with Canada is that the ice hockey rink's limit of 1, they should make it like the Pairidaeza, half the culture yields but you can build more than one, and you get one amenity for the first hockey rink you build in the city like a cahokia mound. They're solid, they just need a good spawn to make the best of their abilities.
>>
>>566955
They're no more spawn-dependent than Khmer, to be honest. To make the most of Khmer you need wide, fertile river valleys, ideally near some mountains for the holy site adjacency bonus. Post-patch Khmer and Canada were my last two games and both seemed incredible.
>>
>>567012
the difference between the Khmer and Canada is that you can afford a relatively average spawn with the Khmer, you are very likely to spawn next to a river so aqueducts will be a given and a holy site with 2 adjacency is at least guaranteed as well as the culture bomb. If both spawned near, say, plain hills, Canada doesn't benefit as much because putting a mine will only give them a 1/3 tile whereas a tundra hill will give them a 1/4, while the Khmer will get the average 1/3 tile which won't matter to them as much since if you get a relatively decent holy site you get additional food to help you grow and make up for it.
>>
File: 1542987729787.png (594 KB, 1280x1845)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
>>567086
Khmer are the most spawn-dependent civ in the game other than Bull Moose Teddy, though. Do you know how rare it is to find
>A river valley
>With enough space to put an aqueduct next to some farms
>Where you can also put a holy site down with good yields
>Which also doesn't have pathetic production leaving you an era behind in buildings
I have to reset, on average, 7 times to get a passable start as the Khmer, whereas Canada I only need to roll the dice once or twice for an acceptable start. I don't think the Khmer are bad, far from it, I think they're potentially high/top-tier with a well positioned spawn, but they're almost always just above average, while Canada is almost guaranteed to have a good spawn, and you can rig the map generation to have more tundra, hills, and forests.

They both made out better than Poland, though. Objectively, Poland got the least impactful changes in the patch.
>>
>>567211
Poland got nerfed more than buffed. the Winged Hussar being able to be upgraded to is nice but upgrading to a cuirassier is not good, just make it a knight that's 55 combat strength but a bit harder to hard build but you can still upgrade all those heavy chariots from. It's a shame because its ability is pretty nice. Nothing about Poland makes sense, culture bombing from encampments and forts is the worst culture bomb ability in the game, and if you do culture bomb someone you spread your majority religion, which is helping an enemy AI get closer to a religious victory. The sort of extra wildcard slot is nice but is a bit underwhelming sometimes, the cloth hall is decent but no clear synergy for Poland.
>>
>>567395
Yeah, Poland is horribly designed. They're from that early era of Civ VI where none of the civs had any synergies with their own abilities. They were trying to give her some, but a)relics are hard to find, b)most civs will never be close enough for your culture bomb to convert any important city, and c)even back in base Civ VI there were better religious civs.

My Poland rework:

>Leader: Jadwiga
>Leader ability: Lithuanian Union
+1 Great Person Point for every civilization you're friends with, tripling if you're allies. Relics grant +4 gold, +4 faith, and +4 culture. Completing districts, and buildings in those districts, will provide religious pressure equal to 3x their building cost over 9 tiles.

>Leader: Jan III Sobieski
>Leader Ability: An Army of Kings
+30% production towards heavy cavalry units. Heavy cavalry units deal +5 damage to melee and ranged units, and have +1 movement, and if fighting in allied territory, these yields are tripled. Receive great person points of every type every time you kill a city state or civilization unit with a heavy cavalry unit, equal to half of their combat strength. Unlocks the Winged Hussar unique unit with Mercantilism.

>Polish Ability: Golden Liberty
Encampments provide major adjacency bonuses to adjacent districts, and culture bomb tiles when built. Stables and Barracks have a slot for relics. Converts all Military Policy Card slots in the current government into Wildcard Policy Card slots, and receive +1 great person point of every type unlocked (with the technology or civic that grants the associated district or building) for every Wildcard Policy Card slot in the current government. Receive a free Military Engineer whenever you build an Armory.

>Unique Improvement: Gothic Castle
Replaces the Fort. Culture bombs adjacent tiles, provides +1 faith, culture, and defense, and an additional +1 for every point of appeal the tile has. +1 appeal to the tile.
>>
>>567873
Cont:

The idea behind this is to keep the general bonuses for Poland, but to split them into 2 different focuses. Jadwiga becomes more focused on religion, while losing out on military, while Jan III Sobieski gets hefty bonuses to military. The main through-line is to earn Great People Points which I came up with when thinking up a potential Italian civ based around the Renaissance, since Poland has had an outsized amount of great people for how small and weak they are (Copernicus, Marie Curie, Chopin, Joseph Conrad, etc).
>>
>>528928
Why do they keep adding these literal who subhuman mudhut factions that don't even class as 'civilizations'?
>>
>>567919
you know why
>>
>>567919
Token representation, along with geographic diversity.
Personally I'm fine with them adding some Civs for the sake of geographic diversity since it makes TSL maps more fun, but when it's some literal who tribe that never even made cities then it's just retarded.
For example, instead of adding the Cree, why not add the Mississipians who built actual cities? In a game where you have to create cities to play/win the game, adding nomadic peoples as "Civs" makes no sense.
>>
File: 1619393566363.jpg (138 KB, 604x604)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>567919
>(((Diversity)))
>Filling out True Start Location maps so America and Egypt don't have a continent to themselves
>Lack of historical importance gives wide berth when creating ability. European and Asian civs are well documented, so you have to stick to what they did historically, while (((diverse))) peoples aren't well documented and you can make up any random bullshit to make them fun
>>
File: pingala.png (141 KB, 316x342)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
What is your favorite unit type and why is it Naval Raiders?
>>
>>568123
I don't think I've ever used Naval Raiders in my 4k hours of playing. At least not intentionally. I've gotta say I have a particular soft spot for Recon units, particularly because of the +20 damage promotion.
>>
>>568123
I like siege weapons because I like blowing up cities. Sad to see them outclassed by the end of the game by bombers. They have no purpose once you can build planes.
>>
>>568194
I'm not sure I've ever managed to get that fucking +20 damage promotion. It takes so long just to get a unit to that point, why couldn't it just be a 1st tier promotion?
>>
>>568300
It's pretty easy if you get the 2x exp for scouts promotion. I usually slot that in until I've explored enough and swap it out for +5 damage against barbs so I can start clearing camps. You only need to get 3 levels, and then the 4th comes from Terracotta Army.

Granted, that's a lot of work, but I get it to work in one out of every ten or so games. Much simpler as Germany, or if I'm aiming for it with Incans or Scots.
>>
>>568232
Just like in real life.

iirc, with support units you can attack using Siege Units up to 9 tiles away, which is pretty damn good.
>>
>>568441
i assume it's a rocket artillery with the extra range promotion and with multiple drones? not sure if they stack their range
>>
>>568458
There's a cheevo for lining up 9 balloons and attacking from that distance with artillery
>>
>>569493
>Use a bomber class unit to detonate a nuclear device, as long as its base and 9 Observation Balloons are located on the continent of Nena at the time of detonation.

Not quite
>>
>>570040
Oh yeah THAT one. I remember trying for a long time to get that early after the game came out. Same as the ninja turtles one.
>>
>>568441
I bothered to verify this and the effects do not stack. I placed two drones near a Rocket Artillery, if they stacked they would have given it a range of 5 but it only got a range of 4.
>>
>>571413
Damn, that seems like an oversight. Drones are otherwise useless support units. I guess Siege Units are kinda useless late game, but so are any units that aren't Tanks/Bombers
>>
>>567919
Because this game was made for cucked audience. Us white bros stick to V2.
>>
File: 1582094020543.gif (1.47 MB, 236x250)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>567919
>civclucknatics arguing that the inuit would be a good addition to Civ
>>
>>571814
Wrong, you're a brown /pol/tard LARPing as us. When in fact this virtue signalling doesn't bother us, we know it brings more sales to fund the greater complexity, e.g. 1UpT instead of your old positioning-less blobbing.
>>
>>571913
>Muh Abos
>Muh Inuit
>Muh Eurocentrism
I miss old CFC
>>
>>571939
>1upt
>complexity
lmao
>>
>>571939
I'm pretty sure Firaxis, and other strategy-focused companies like Paradox, would get more money than they do now by pandering to the wignats than pandering to minorities and women. I bet you that the 500 or so /pol/lacks who this is a dealbreaker for are more numerous than all the Native American, African, and female players that bought the game because of the diversity.
>>
>>571995
>>571913
I don't understand why, either. If we need yet another Tundra-based civilization to fight with Sweden, Russia, and Canada, why not finish off the trio and add Finland?
>>
>>572835
Both are massively outnumbered by well-adjusted people that don't even think about what race their immortal fantasy history board game leader is.
>>
>>568059
While I want to agree with you because I'm a massive mark for Cohokia and the other Mississippi culture centers, they had faded out of existence even before European contact. As far as the Cree go, you have to keep in mind that the group you play as in the game is essentially the Iron Confederacy, given all its trade bonuses and who the leader is. Today any American can tell you the name of the Cree, and probably when they think of an Indian, they think of the Tipis and Bison hunters and feather-dress that are emblematic of Cree culture. In the American consciousness, the Cree are the quintessential native americans.
>>
>>572839
Mongolia is already in the game
>>
>>572862
I.e., cucks.
>>
Thoughts on EpsMod? How would you say it compares to Civ Expanded?
>>
>>572862
Yeah, but you factually lose out on sales by including said diversity, even if it amounts to maybe 300 sales. 300 sales x 150 (60 base game, 30 for each expansion pack + NFP) = $45,000 they lost (assuming no one bought it on sale or skipped R&F like they should)
>>
>>572885
I'm pretty sure it's the Iroquois that are the quintessential Natives in America. I'm from Kansas, and my stereotypical view of Natives were the kind around the Great Lakes and Atlantic Seaboard that the pilgrims made first contact with, not the Lakota or Sioux or Cree, the Natives endemic to my part of the world.
>>
>>571486
Bombers, Tanks and Helicopters and maybe some aircraft carriers and destroyers on a lesser scale.
>>
>>573019
The Iroquois Confederation didn't reach the coast. The Iroquois were a major regional power that dominated their neighbors and played a powerful role in Colonial politics, but their culture wasn't particularly widespread. Many of our famous Indians from east of the Mississippi (Squanto, Pocahontas, Tecumseh) were Algonquian-speakers from outside of the Iroquois footprint. The Cree and Ojibwe also spoke distantly related Algonquian languages, as did the Arapaho and Cheyenne who adopted teepee life relatively recently.
Historically the Iroquois make perfect sense as a Civ because they were a domination player, but they were one political entity among many.
>>
File: 20210501112424_1.jpg (483 KB, 1904x1001)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
My friend insists that the new zombie mode is good and I should give it a chance

I've given it four chances, each time they've sacked my cities to the ground before turn 20
Admittedly going for a builder this early was a mistake but I didn't seriously consider that my warrior might get overrun as Scythia with it in fortify+heal on friendly territory and a slinger assisting
>>
Is there way to start in the info era but not have all these free settlers and 1 turn district handicaps?
>>
File: canada.jpg (39 KB, 797x485)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Before the most recent and final update for the game Civilization VI it was possible to pirate the DLC files and as long as you owned a legit copy of the base game to still be able to play online multiplayer with all the pirated DLC. The most recent update has introduced some extra content and balance changes. Due to the discrepancy between my data about the data being pre update and some being post update It means I cannot start any multiplayer games without errors.

I have tried my hand at looking online for an upload of DLC files post update in hopes that i can play the full game with friends again but to no avail. I can only find cracked versions post update containing the full game which naturally disables online play. Essentially I am looking for DLC files only for Civ VI Post April update that will hopefully retain the multiplayer functionality.
>>
>>573603
you mean the DLCs that came from the update or just the DLCs themselves?
>>
>>573674
To be completely honest I'm not sure. I know that pirated DLC worked before the April update. If I load up my civ it shows the New Stats for Canada however once I move my pirated DLC into the game folder Canada and other civs Convert back to their pre update state. This causes issues in multiplayer.

So I was hoping that I could download a "New" version of the pirated DLC in hopes that it resolves the issue
>>
>>572835
I agree, why haven't they added Hitler as alternative leader for Germany, Poland, France, Denmark, Netherland, and America?
>>
>>573682
I have the pirated update so perhaps those files can help
>>
>>573686
Possibly? I'll take anything this has been a huge annoyance. Just want to play civ with friends :)
>>
>>571913
>>571995
There is nothing wrong with having a greater diversity of civilizations. Europe is already by far the most represented continent with 19/50 civs.

>>572839
People want Inuit as a snow civ, not tundra.
>>
>>572835
Source: your ass.
>>
>>541862
>walesa
His only perk is not being an intell*ctual, which often led and and still yields hilarious results from time to time.
Give us Mieszko I/Bolesław Chrobry/Bolesław Szczodry (get fucked Stanisław, you traitor)/Bolesław Krzywousty/Władysław Łokietek (based manlet)/Jan III Sobieski/Józef Piłsudski/Wincenty Witos/Wojciech Jaruzelski (with iconic glasses no less)
>>
>>572835
The goal isn't to satisfy individual audience demands, because there's no accounting for taste. Having Nubia as a Civ is an interesting choice that will catch people's eyes, and attracting a tiny percentage of new customers is more important than preserving a tiny group of entitled fans. They already have their money.
>>
>>573685
Because they haven't added Denmark yet.
>>
>>573587
Modify Eras.xml
>>
>>573894
>Wojciech Jaruzelski (with iconic glasses no less)
I liked his style, those big glasses were cool
>>
>tfw can't bring myself to finish games and quit by turn 200
>>
>-50% off of the cost of faith purchases
Does this fix Georgia?
>>
>>576411
No, it makes them absurdly overpowered.
>>
>>576482
Only if Valletta is in the game. You could tie it around wall tiers, too, like -10% at Ancient Walls, -25% at Medieval, and -50% at Tsikhe.
>>
>Rangers
I sleep
>Rangers as Babylon
real shit?
>>
>>576642
>tfw getting Rangers when the strongest unit the Deity AI has is Swordsmen
>>
>>538200
Great taste
>>
>>576546
Considering that Ngazargamu gives up to 60% off faith purchases with a military academy. Georgia would be Mali tier with how many units they can spawn for free with that effect.
>>
>>577590
They'd certainly be able to print units if they befriended Ngazargamu, but otherwise they wouldn't be that strong. City states can break some civs, like Chinguetti making Portugal the de facto strongest religious civ in the game, or Vatican making Brazil chimp out with religious spread.

I don't think Georgia would be super OP with -50% off of faith purchases, but they'd certainly be strong. There is a lot holding them back on top of that, though, like no boost to founding a religion, Tsikhe being useless, Khevsur being meh, and no other good yields or bonuses. They'd simply be the best Religious civ (bar Portugal with Chinguetti) in the game, with a strong power spike 100 turns in when you get your T2 Gov building.
>>
>Want to be friends with Pericles but he's taking all the city states for himself.
>>
>>579160
>Want to be friends with Pericles but I'm talking all the city states for myself
>>
there's absolutely nothing more painful than seeing a great city state being conquered and razed
>>
>>579896
What about founding a city in the desert, being 1 turn away from building Petra, and seeing Qin, who has a total of 2 desert tiles in his city, build it.
>>
>>580077
You can capture and raze his shitty petra city and rebuild it on your desert city, you can't bring back a razed Auckland.
>>
>civilizations expanded still not update
father, i can't go on...
>>
File: 1610340067624.png (1.4 MB, 1180x766)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
reading that >reddit post left by the devs really does make me feel like this is it, there's no more content coming so at best it will have one final update
>>
>>580130
>rebuild a wonder from a razed city
Wasn't that patched out?
>>
>>580668
oh yeah, for some reason i remembered that earlier version of the game where you could obliterate cities with a thermonuclear device/
>>
File: 1619388685484.png (79 KB, 645x773)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>580564
I hope a final update adds some things that have been sorely missing, like resources.

>No gold resource for mines
>Pastures still limited to sheep, cows, and horses, with no buffalo, alpacas/llamas (spawn exclusively on hills next to a mountain), chickens, or goats
>Quarry resources are still uncommon - no slate, granite, shale, or clay
>Corn is useless, rice and wheat are the only useful farmable resources, lacking barley, hops, sorghum, or potatoes (found exclusively on hills tiles next to mountains)

And don't tell me to just settle for that Resourceful mod. It's an absolute clusterfuck that makes resources too plentiful, and a lot of the resources are imbalanced as hell.
>>
>>573688
Turns out that you can upgrade a legal copy with all the DLC and the current patch, it runs mostly well, you just have to keep in mind some weird things like cultists not working as intended and the leader's animations repeating whenever you interact with them.
>>
File: HEOwk[1].png (960 KB, 1020x899)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
What were they thinking?!
>>
>>581877
>>582117
https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Cothon_(Civ6)
alright you got me
>>
>>581877
Phoenicia besides the Maya has got the least interesting bonuses in the game. The bonus movement for settlers embarked means jack shit if you can't properly escort them once they are ashore, the +2 sight is whatever. The Eureka for writing is incredibly inconsequential. Moving capitals would have been neat if it wasn't for the fact that it's space project tier in terms of how expensive it is. The bireme replaces the galley and that is all you need to know about it.
>>
>>582160
The worst part is that they have 13 separate bonuses between all their unique abilities, and very few of them work together or are notable. Phoenicia is a shitshow to remember what all their abilities are, and they could be so much simpler if they were turned into just Carthage or just Phoenicia instead of both at once. They're completely unsalvageable as a civilization since they already have an excess of bonuses, with their core identity (moving of the capital to newly settled cities) is so pointless that you wouldn't want to do it unless you actually got money from doing so, but it actually costs you an assload of production.

Really, I think they should just make Carthage a civilization (lead by Hamilcar, Hannibal, or Hanno) and make Phoenicia more unique as a naval civ.
>>
carthage seems like a cool civ to troll domination games with.
>>
>>572976
why?
>>
Migrate

>>582610
>>582610

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.