[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Starcraft_SC1_Cover1.jpg (103 KB, 800x800)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Just started playing this again after setting up my first (shitty hand my down) PC. I played this a lot when I was 6, my grandpa showed it to me and I only ever played terrans. This game is really really fucking fun, should also note I'm 18 and played it when I was like 6 or whatever. Stimming in with a horde of marines is so much fun.
>>
>>513291
Good Game, if you don't wanna go for versus you can always play ums maps.
>>
starcraft 1 is fun, but I personally prefer 2 because of stalker blink micro
are you playing the remastered version or Brood War?
>>
>>513463
Brood War.
>>
>>513291
I too decided to replay SC, and so far it's a lot harder than I remember it to be.
I made it to the level 4 of the classic zerg campaign and I'm just getting my ass kicked by the AI non-stop. Not only do I have to fight against a fully decked out Terran AI, but also having to deal with the fact that I'm forced to go air, whih is a problem considering the AI has a lot of AA turrets, goliaths and marines with stims. And if I try to deliver land units with overlords, then my forces will get destroyed by siege tanks.
The Terran campaign was chill and fun, but the Zerg one has turned it into a tedious slog.
>>
>>513770
You only need to kill Raynor's CC, anon. It's not so bad. 20-24 mutas, hit hard and fast all at once before the other bases can reinforce the top right.
>>
File: done.png (324 KB, 1152x648)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>513817
I've beaten this level, but instead of rushing I decided to eliminate the far bases and secure the expansions in order to get more gas. I guess I just like turtling up and withering my enemies, especially since my micro is beyond terrible.
At least I can agree that the Mutas are the way to go. If only they weren't so FUCKING EXPENSIVE!
>>
Starcraft Remastered crack when? I ain't paying no motherfucker for an always-online-DRM shitfest, least of all Acti-Blizzard.
>>
File: afsgaetds.png (473 KB, 963x556)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
>>513917
Possibly never. From what I've heared all the vital gamedata is stored on Blizz's central server, techincaly meaning that it's a GAAS. Same thing happened to SC 2 and Diablo 3.
>>
>>513770
I don't recall them being super aggressive on that one and like most campaign maps, they don't rebuild stuff either. It took a while but I didn't really struggle with it.
A good hint for all Starcraft campaign missions both in 1 and 2 is that if they give you a new unit, it's usually worth bringing a few along as the mission is basically designed around them.
In that one they give you queens. They cost the same as a muta and will instakill a ground unit at long range with spawn broodling. Use a few of them at once and you can clear an area of enemies and have a few lesser zerglings to chew on buildings for a while. Having a few mutas to get stuck into the enemy once the air defence is down and a few creep colonies or hydras to ward off attacking wraiths and dropships will help too.
>>
>>513291
If you're interested there's currently the ASL Season 11 tournament going on. Every Tuesday and Sunday at 10am GMT. English cast is at https://bj.afreecatv.com/dth03119 which might be helpful since they sometimes explain tactics and build orders.
>>
>>513917
It's literally like $15 you fucking dolt.
>>
>>513917
Why would you even want the Remastered if not for laddering? You are not a graphicsfag zoomer, right lad?
>>
>>515560
>giving neoBlizz money
No

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.