[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hoi4.jpg (88 KB, 740x400)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
New DD about Barbarossa : Railroad and trucks coming through https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/hoi4-dev-diary-early-look-at-at-supply-and-the-coming-year.1466076/
>>
>years after launch
>finally adding basic features that were in the other games on launch
>>
I just ran a bunch of tests with Germany Vanilla, RTW 1936.

(1) I let the game run for two weeks (January 1939) and the Supply stated Usage of approx 37. Fuel consistently had zero usage.

(2) I then had every land unit go to Berlin and/or the Prussian Port.., this had no impact on the usage numbers of Supplies/Fuel.

(3) I then had all airplanes, naval and land moving. Fuel usage went to about 10 and Supply usage went down to 28!!, yes, re-read that.

I looked at the Statictics tabs throughout my many test. None of the tabs for Fuel or Supplies every tied into any of the other tabs with Fuel and Supplies info. And the numbers in the main bar tracked to one tab, but not to any of the other tabs.

I then tried moving just independent units to see if I could decipher what was going on. I never could tie anything to the data I was seeing on Supplies and Fuel

So this is very disappointing to me.

So I guess my original question of what OOB can Germany sustain appears to be unanswerable (other than Manpower) due to none of the Fuel and Supplies information correlating to anything.

If I had to guess, I would have to assume that there appears to be almost no USAGE for Supplies or Fuel once its created. But still, there does seem to be some very very small bump in the Fuel/Supplies when you are moving lots of thing.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
>>
File: 1506121797721.jpg (459 KB, 861x796)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>512390
>fuck up supply and logistics
>take almost five years to unfuck supply and logistics
>>
>>512390
They just need to bring back oob and this game will finally be on track again
>>
File: 1364787007189.gif (2.81 MB, 260x150)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB GIF
>adding ANOTHER system that the AI will not even begin to understand and as a result it will have to cheat ever more blatantly simply to not be run over in a matter of minutes
>>
If they reprogram the AI to actually take supply capacity into consideration and not spam 2 million men into the Belgian Congo then I might give this piece of shit game another chance.
>>
File: Eu-PRh4WgAI1Lxx.jpg (50 KB, 628x748)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>512706
And by "giving another chance" I of course mean waiting for dauphong to upload the latest version to Piratebay and torrenting it. I have NEVER and will NEVER pay a single cent for a Paradox game. Not even Darkest Hour. NEVER EVER.
>>
>>512723
>neger country
>>
>>512390
I will only like the the update if they make inland China an absolute logistical nightmare. They went off with a promissing start though.
>>
Tech: Infantry, Artillery, Mountain/Marine, Interceptors, CAS, and all relevant industry and doctrine techs.
Production: All of the above, plus a licensed navy from the UK and USA. With light cruisers as your "capital ships" it will take some micromanagement. Armoured divisions can be licensed around Sherman time in 1941ish. I like ARM/MOT/TD/ENG.

I played a game like this recently, and prepped pretty good. Italy suffered defeat at my hands in North Africa, Sardinia, and Sicily (don't take Sicily before Barbarossa). The problem was the Germans with their HARM divisions. I simply could not beat them by myself, as any infantry that encountered HARM without my ARM support were in danger of being overrun. I got totally frustrated by the lack of Allied support and quit. Setting Allied objectives does nothing when you need it. The reason I had urgency was that the Eastern Front looked to be turning towards the Soviets, so they would win without a strong push by the Western Allies.
>>
File: f0b.jpg (31 KB, 600x513)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>Read the youtube comments of a video discussing the Barbarossa update.
>More than half of the fucking comments are zoomers screaming for new focus trees.
>"OMG FINLAND FINLAND!! ESTONIA FOCUS TREE COULD BE SICK!! YES FINALLY USSR FOCUS TREE!! ITALY MAYBE????? HAHA ANARCHIST LATVIA WORLD CONQUEST IS GONNA BE SICK!!"
The absolute fucking state of this game's target audience. After 5 years the devs finally decide to do something about the main issues with this game and completely rework logistics, you know, one of the biggest aspects of WW2, and the fans completely ignore it and just want more focus trees. They are actually begging the devs to charge them money for shit that modders do for free anyway.
>>
>>513554
>main issue
>logistics
The main issue of the game is the frontline ai that is reatrded and can not be disabled
FFS let me move my tanks myself and add normal stacking like in hoi2 and not this retarded shuffling through the divs standing in a province.

Always on battleplan ai is the most fucking retarded anti-player thing Johan could've ever come up with. It destroyed the point of hoi entirely.
>>
>>513566
>FFS let me move my tanks myself
Put your general on garrison, have him garrison an neutral country you don't have access to, then make a front line with your field martial.

Congrats now you get the benefits for having a commander and field martial without them reorganizing your tanks into retarded spots.
>>
>>513554
Devs literally stated that there would be no Italy tree lol. Probably going to be Poland and the USSR with shitty trees
>>
File: pepe close up.jpg (271 KB, 1869x957)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>512576
You people can never be satisfied
>New paradox games have been so watered down for the masses!
>Wtf paradox you will ruin the AI with more complex features!
>>
>>513566
Biggest issue is AI nuking supply zones making allied nations not even helpful but outright a hinderance to you. This problem will likely get worse with the new update.
>>
>>513605
Here's the thing: When you build the game in full, without going "Oh we're gonna finish the job later" paradox attitude, then you can try to build the AI in a way that it will understand what it has to do, instead of having to give it cheating shortcuts such as if: no fuel give:100 fuel.

Picture it that way: a tank that you plan to have waterproof will work infinitely better than one you just go "Yeah just add buoys on it lmao"
>>
>>513605
Paradox AI is permanently stunted by Johan's autism since "it's not important to the game". It's great to have more mechanics, but we need to have an AI that can use them instead of it pooping out like in hoi4.
>>
>>513554
Focus tree bloat is a bane on the game and the playerbase enables it.
When Battle of the Bosphorus came out I remember a bunch of people in comments complaining that Greece's tree, and some other random minors, was too small.
I'm OK with minors getting tailored trees but it's getting absurd and the sizes are all over the place.
>>
>>513738
Still patiently waiting for a Mongolia focus tree. with a "Genghis Khan" meme focus for +25% cavalry attack or some shit, with a genius cavalry high commander.
>>
ban goy 4 threads
>>
>>513738
You want to see bloat? Then try the AP mod.
>>
>>512390
Holy shit if they do this properly it'll be amazing
>>
>>512723
BASED
>>
CC mod is best
>>
File: 1534292369644.jpg (11 KB, 240x240)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>512390
Cool, now when are you going to add mechanics for Pacific island hopping? You know, the entire crux of the Pacific Theater?
>>
>>515821
AP mod?
>>
>>517577
Yeah, they really need to do that. It is so fucking tedious to set up naval invasions for every single minor little island.
>>
>>517577
Please buy the upcoming Samoa and Haiwaii world conquest dlc
>>
>>513554
Focus trees are literally the easiest and worthless thing they can add since modders can add those in already and do a way better job than them but yeah zoomers are ruining another genre, instead of working to make it less railroaded they are railroading it even more.
>>
>>515821
the what mod
>>
>>517451
CC mod?
>>
Nah bro, BJ mod is better.
>>
69 mod.
>>
Jesus I remember the lead Hoi4 name is podcat I think saying on a stream maybe 3 or 4 years ago he saw a documentary about railroads and wanted to add them lol
>>
>>521913
Bullshit, RJ mod is the only mod worth playing
>>
>>512390

Play DC: Barbarossa senpai

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.