[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

WHAT WENT SO FUCKING GODDAMN RIGHT?!
>>
>>511855
fun unit designs
fun world leading to interesting maps
>>
James Earl Jones
>>
passion
>>
>>511855
Red Alert 1 was best c&c game
>>
What >>512059 said, which also means attention to detail, plus the "hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if we did X?" vibes. Every time I watch a movie or a TV series set in the nineties or the few years afterwards it's like healing ointment.
>>
generals better
>>
>>511885
And yet for some reason Joe Kucan acts circles around both Biehn and JEJ.
>>
>>513301
I started rewatching fucking Home Improvement of all things. Sure nostalgia is one thing but the thing is it's just a comedy show without any politics, moral preaching or "expectations subversion". It's so relaxing.
>>
>>511855
>VOXELS
>>
>Music
>Atmosphere
>Unit Design
>World Design
>Fun campaign
>Good FMVs - James Earl Jones

It rly just ticked all the boxes, I think the only spot I can mechanically complain about at this point is the pathfinding is rough but what do you expect from a game that old?

Its a shame CNC3 regressed in unit design for some odd reason and I hope they go back to the dying world of CNC TS.
>>
>>514101
SCBW buried this game in terms of actual gameplay, that's my only gripe.
>>
>>513687
We’ve been watching Frasier lately for similar reasons.
>>
>>514132
I wonder if this shitty hypersensitive "no fun allowed" era ends one day or is it going to stay forver.
>>
>>514132
The lack of a Frasier game is just criminal at this point.
>>
>>513665
And without him being the director both C&C games or D2k would never achieve these levels of charm.
>>
File: map2.png (787 KB, 1330x753)
787 KB
787 KB PNG
>>511855
Mein Neger. Tiberian Sun + FS is the best C&C
>>
>>514149
Every era ends at some point. People are already getting sick of it and all they have to do is to stop buying products.
>>
>>516935
>People are already getting sick of it
I see quite the opposite sadly.
>>
>>511855
Yall should post mods.
>>
Honestly it's soul. The people who made it truly invested themselves into their work. They cared.
>>
>>516900
what tileset is that?
>>
>>511855
wtf
>>
>>518318
Tilesets from TI Finalsun not the ordinary Finalsun.
>>
File: 1613443117579.jpg (146 KB, 500x432)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Walls and concrete like it's dune.
>>
>>511855
Not a whole lot cause Red Alert 2 outclassed it a year later
>>
Atmosphere
>>
>>513665
Even the literally who tier actor who played Slavik out acts goddamn everyone.
>>
>>511855
Atmosphere
>>
>>511855
My only gripe with it is that it's too slow for a C&C game
Sometimes I feel like I'm playing futuristic AoE2
>>
>>511855
It had SOVL
>>
>>523743
C&C was always a bit slow. Try Tib Dawn on the original game speed. It wasn't until RA2 that the speed picked up IIRC.
>>
>>523961
Playing TD on higher speeds feels natural
Playing TS on anything higher than fast (which is still slow) feels weird and too accelerated
>>
To be honest i absolutely love Tiberian Sun but every time i play it, i just cant get over the jank. Kinda wish there was a mod that was just a patch to the game instead of a massive new overhaul of the game.
>>
>>524110
They rushed it due to Starcraft.
>>
>>511855

Kane returns and Slavik cuts Hassan's throat.
>>
>>524110
The pace of the game is really weird. Stuff like Titans are clearly the bread and butter unit of GDI but they move so fucking SLOW and cost so much.
>>
>>523961
True. I was a big fan of TS and when I first tried RA2 if felt too fucking fast.

>>528862
Titans cost 800 iirc. That's not much.
>>
>>511855
Kane Lives
>>
the music, atmosphere, and cutscenes were all great, but it's also a rushed half-baked game in all honesty. I think people give it a pass because they never touched multiplayer, or they played multiplayer as shitters against shitters (which in this case I admire, "pro" TS is the most boring autistic slop in the entire genre).
>>
>>530274
>multiplayer
but why would anyone ever play multiplayer
>>
>>530274
y on earth do you think people in the 90's played RTS for the multiplayer

starcraft has rotted your brain
>>
>>513665
Biehn was never really that great, just a TV actor who got lucky. I would guess JEJ thought these video game FMVs are utter trash only nerds will care about. It was 1999 after all.
>>522763
>literally who tier actor
Frankie is an A-tier shit&cheap action film actor.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.