[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Place your bets
>>
>>501020
Dead as fuck/10
I can't make any decent bets without knowing the odds first. So you better post your brothers and their gear.
>>
>>501020
Lindwurms win.
>>
>>501043
>>
>>501203
Your fucked kid.
>>
>>501218
Nah, it wasn't too bad. >>501152 was right and the lindwurms just wiped the floor with all of them that didn't come my way. The undead did get one of them down to half health, which was kinda funny.
What was not funny was my next choice of contract
>>
I want to have more bros on the board at any given time but I do not want to be limited by the low-tier peasant militia backgrounds.

I also want to check out Lone Wolf and Gladiator starts but being limited to such few total bros in the roster is arguably even worse than only suffering the standard non-pm penalty of bros-on-board #.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>501707
id recommend anons modded fallen warlord origin but he seems to have taken it down from nexus
if he's reading this id like to ask why
>>
Which one of these is the better named Bardiche?
>>
>>501761
(I personally lean towards A because more raw damage, even if it has 2% less armor ignore and nearly doubles fatigue cost. I don't know if what situations that 2% would be significant, if in any)
>>
>>501761
>>501763
A) by far, the miniscule 2% bonus on B is irrelevant if A has more base damage since it will still leak harder just due to that. Equip A and read its tooltip for Split Man and then do the same for B to compare the damage
>>
True or False?

>Reproach of the Old Gods (1h magic sword) used with Riposte does not proc the multi-target lightning damage, but it does proc the extra health damage of the sword on the target that attacked the brother
>>
Do Fletcher buildings have a chance of having named ranged weapons in their store inventory, like Armorers with armor or Weaponsmiths with melee weapons?
>>
File: pierce.png (112 KB, 339x235)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
In Legends mod, do skills like this one from a weapon perk group require that specific weapon to use even if they don't mention it? Like, would this unlock the skill for bows or throwing weapons, or just crossbows?
>>
File: 1600269319028.jpg (65 KB, 640x295)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>501863
>Legends
>>
File: 1616793924867.gif (1.21 MB, 171x167)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>501866
Thank for indicating that you dislike the mod, good post my friend.
>>
How much free fatigue should a BF Megatank have after all his gear is on?

I've tried to make it at least 50 FAT but I don't know if I should make that lower or higher
>>
>>502022
50 to 60 is fine, after the first few turns where he's either running around or using rotate on someone the guy should mostly just stand there and taunt or indom if you manage to recover.
>>
WAIT
A
GODDAMNED
SECOND

>Character with Missing Nose permanent injury
>Can still get the Broken Nose injury in combat

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
We can post based, right bros?
>>
>>502258
huh?
>>
>>502258
Yes, based
>>502259
This guy is probably not based
>>
File: Goblin City.png (936 KB, 870x864)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
Is this reference taken from goblin slayer?
>>
Huh. I didn't know roaming monsters can just join my fight with a camp.
>>
>>502659
Welcome to the world of three way fights, just think of the possibilities
>>
>>502403
Kinda looks like it.
>>
>>502121
Canadian Healthcare.
>>
>>501778
Yes, the issue is that they can also spawned named throwing weapons which are colossal pieces of shit a lot of the time.

>>502022
Pretty much like the other anon said, around 60 is good enough though of course you can always make do with more.
Remember to use the wait command to penalize initiative before using Recover so that you are further up on the turn order after you flush fat.
>>
>>502121
Someone found the missing nose and broke it, obviously.
>>
Indomitable should prevent a bro from being devoured by a Nacho.
>>
>>502912
Nachos should choke and become stunned for a round if they try to eat fat bros.
>>
>>501863
No clue, guess you'll have to find out and tell us yourself. My guess is that it works with any ranged weapon, just belongs to that tree in particular.
>>
>>501020
Base/Empire management when?
>>
File: Cursed_Crystal_Skull.png (219 KB, 315x326)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>>501020
Do you guys have any good melee fearsome builds? I just got the Cursed Crystal Skull and I want to use it on a bro with the direwolf pelt+fearsome for memes, but I don't know what kind of weapon/bro would be best suited for it.

Any ideas?

Also, I assume the debuff from the Skull (can't ever have confident morale on user) overrides the Determined trait or anything like that, right?
>>
>>501761
Widowmaker is the better name but Splitter is the superior weapon.
>>
File: Kektastrophe.png (179 KB, 400x350)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>502403
>Gangrene Gang
>>
File: Bloody Bone A.jpg (772 KB, 2000x1999)
772 KB
772 KB JPG
The writing is shit when it comes to player characters and lonewolf. It really takes away from the immersion when the text do not use the word (you) to refer to your player character.
>>503526
It is a necromancer run from the Power of Magic mod
>>
>>503540
Just roll for injury until you get brain damage, then you can larp as a retard larping as a mercenary leader
>>
Is Colossus *really* an autopick for most bros? I've been under the impression that any frontline bro that does not have at least 90 total HP by level 11 is dead meat, but maybe you can get away with 60+ if they have higher than average Mdef?

I'm just trying to move away from "must pick" perks in my builds and seeing if I can make it work. Maybe if they're Battleforged they don't need 90 HP?
>>
File: Delusions.png (856 KB, 852x782)
856 KB
856 KB PNG
>>503619
Based
>>503624
It is a must have for any bro that gets in melee. A bro may have battleforge but still get pummelled by the armor penetration.
>>
>>503624
You could get away with it but the thing is that your max hp does not only determine how many hits you can take before dying, it also determines how easy you are to injure. Someone with hp in the 50s will get major temporary injuries that put them out of commission for days like crazy whilst those with 60-70 and over feel a lot more sturdy
>>
>>503928
I think you might have misunderstood me anon. I'm at no point going below 60 HP on anyone when they're level 11. Even my backline is minimum 60 HP. The question is more along the lines of "can I get away with BF frontliners at ~70 HP and Nimble frontliners at ~90 HP, or do even BF frontliners need ~90 HP

I also neglected to mention I will be giving my BF bros Additional Fur Padding which reduces armor ignoring damage by 33%
>>
Ifrits are boring to fight
>>
Just got a brute nomad recruit, 58 with 1 star and 6 with 0 star matk/def
Guess I'll give him a flail and if he lives long enough headhunter.
Playing without tryout mod feels very strange, but it's fun. Any recruitment advice for someone used to playing with tryout who is going without now? General recruitment advice?
>>
File: pm day 150.png (216 KB, 695x170)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>504194
Well yeah, you could, but I don't like to. Up to personal preference. With Colossus its much easier to reach 100-120 hp, which is what you really want with your nimble frontliners, though 90ish is okay too.
AFP does protect against body hits, but not head ones. The danger of chosen headshots remains, as rare as those are, but i dont like to take chances with them anymore.

>>504848
Look up the stat table for backgrounds on the wiki to get a general idea of what advantages/disadvantages people have.
Some backgrounds are highly unreliable hires but can be particularly good if they get lucky. For example, farmhands and wildmen can roll immensly well on hp and fatigue (even more than hedge knights, iirc), but the former can have atrocious resolve whilst the latter can get mdef in the negative. A bad farmhand or a bad wildman are a waste of roster space which could be taken in by people who are always at least decent like brawlers/butchers and to some extent miners. So a backgrounds stat ranges and rolling well is just as important as stars are.
There's a ton of builds that somewhat rely on unpredictability of recruits, which i'll elaborate on if you want. Look at these boys, which were equipped with fashion in mind. If tryout was used with this company, almost none of these guys would have been hired because the mod traps you into seeing everyone through their stars and not what you could make do with them. "Making do" with average or odd brothers is a big part of the game, and doubly important with peasant militia who cannot sink cash into backgrounds with very high potential.
On that note that's a fairly average nomad with 63 starting mattak, they can do better. He's ok but id not get too attached, keep hiring them though since nomads are great value for your money.
Cont
>>
>>505356
Some backgrounds i like in no particular order. This is no definitive guide and there are other useful ones out there, so don't take it too seriously.
>Messanger
>Houndmaster
>Graverobber
>Caravan hand
A bit more melee defence, a bit more fatigue, a bit more resolve for the cost of any civilian background.
>Miner
Dirt cheap both to hire and maintain, has very nice rolls and some decent events, but fatigue is very badly dumped, relegating them to either being fodder or subject to interesting builds.
>Militia
>Manhunter
Are often cheap and get bonuses to most stats. Manhunters can have their rdef a bit dumped, which can be a pain in the ass in the early game since every nomad archer or brigand marksman will be shooting them.
>Thieves
Very big bonus to initiative and melee + ranged defence. Good events outside of the lawman one. Somewhat uncommon.
>Gambler
>Flagellant
>Monk
>Cultist
>Witch Hunter
Substantial buffs to starting resolve, making them your basic bannermen options. Note that anyone can be made into a bannerbro if he has resolve stars or just a good roll and maybe a positive trait that increases it further. Monk has the best events.
>Squire
Overall decent, can come cheap-ish. Hefty resolve buff.
>Farmhand
>Wildman
Already explained. Vagabond and Messanger can also go here.
>Shepherd
Budget ranged background. Found in bulk in the south.
>Hunter
The premium ranged background, higher rolls to rattak than anyone else.
>Brawlers
>Butchers
>Assassins
These 3 have restrictions to their stars, brawlers and butchers cannot get them in ranged attack whilst assassins cannot get them in fatigue, resolve or hp, so they are more likely to get stars where you want.
>Nomads
Higher skills
>Adventurous Noble
Cheaper than a Hedge Knight, chance for rolling highest possible on resolve, very good bonuses on melee attack and decent on melee defense.
Swordmasters are tricky, but worth considering.
>>
wait assassins can get stars in resolve
nevermind it still count
and assassins mail makes them worth hiring even if they are shit since its nearly named item tier for nimble bros
>>
>>504848
Do not discount the cheapness and potential you can get from cripples and slaves.
>>
File: 1590073035604.jpg (89 KB, 750x750)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
I just realized lategame big nomad camps make Unhold fur coat viable for your backline because even if you attack at night those 14 archers + 3 Desert Stalkers spamming aimed shot will add up enough hits to cause death.
More people should talk about combating nomads since once their elites start to spawn in bulk it becomes really scary, all you hear people theorycrafting about Chosen and Ork warriors for some reason.
>>
>>503038
Probably a puncturespammer daggerbro. They cause more resolve checks on a single target than anyone else.
Either that or 1hhammer.
>Also, I assume the debuff from the Skull (can't ever have confident morale on user) overrides the Determined trait or anything like that, right?
Nope.
>>
>>501856
Yes.
>>
>>505534
>Nope
I meant yeah, i think the skull overrides Determined. Which is why its seldomly used, Confident is pretty nice.
>>
>>505532
Meh. Late game nomad camps aren't nearly as scary as chosen/orcs. I think the hardest camps in the game remain the late game shitton chosen+unholds(some armored)+champions sort. The solution to nomad archer spam is much like the solution to goblins - ie, just fuckin rush them. They are also very vulnerable to morale breaks since they have no rally/bannerman equivalent + no night vision or root because no shaman equivalent. Their elites+champions don't really make them that tricky
>>
>>503038
>>505534
>>505534
Can confirm, the skull overrides Determined yeah. Obviously this also means that putting it on an Insecure bro incurrs no penalty, because they already can't ever be confident - not that that would matter much, because the high end backgrounds you would be considering for fearsome builds already have that trait excluded.

I ended up experimenting with a 1h sword riposte fearsome build on a swordmaster. In my case I'm super ultra late game so I gave him the lightning magic sword. It's a fun gimmick build. You don't want to be causing big damage with it, you just want the highest volume of attacks possible to cause routing. There's no point in having a high damage build mixed in with fearsome because then you would just go with a high damage build to just kill the things.
>>
>>505615
As in - fearsome only requires you to do 1 HP damage through armor in an attack to trigger the resolve check, so anything past that is just a bonus. This seemed well suited to the lightning sword, but obviously in a typical run you wouldn't have that - so maybe just a regular named 1H goblin sword or 1H hammer (this does not have riposte but it does cause some HP damage through armor always)
>>
how are 1h mace duelists? i've never tried those specifically. only axe, sword, and daggerbros
>>
>>505635
Consistent. Maces have enough armor ignore to still benefit a lot from duelist, but also enough base damage that they don't sorta underperform once the outer layer of protection is stripped like hammers are. Doesn't matter if its a southern or winged mace either, just use whatever you've grabbed from a nomad or brig leader
Plus you can stunlock fools in a pinch, which is fun.
>>
>>505635
they break bones like crazy
>>
File: WzPBxeH[1].png (35 KB, 353x1176)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
How do you gear and use duelists? Why would you use them over 2h?
>>
>Buy the Barbarian DLC
>Always hate actually fighting the barbarians that are added because I get beat solidly by them, or I suffer a pyrrhic victory every time,
Sometimes I think certain enemies are overtuned, and other times I think I'm just bad
>>
>>505968
Until they get unholds I always found them to be pretty easy due to their shit armor
>>
>>505968
Oh boy you ain't seen nothing yet if you think Barbs are overtuned.
>>
>>505980
Haven't gotten the desert DLC, how bad is it?
>>
>>505982
>How bad is it?
it's not bad, it's great

However, serpents alone are the single most overtuned enemy in the game imo. If you don't have a couple indom bros to hold them or a really good late game company you straight up die. Avoid sneks at all costs until you have at least two indom dudes.
>>
>>505988
I did 11 snek with 12 dudes none higher than level 6 and had no real issue
Yeah, avoid the huge stacks (I've seen nearly 30 IIRC), but it isn't as if they're a death sentence
>>
>>505959
gear
>orc cleavers or khopesh
>battleforged
>Fat, Matk, Mdef
>should be able to hold a position for 3 turns without dying

why
>armor pen
>two tries to hit
>legendaries piss damage like 2h and still get two tries
>>
What retinues should I get for Norther Raiders?
Currently have brigand and cook. I'm thinking scout for my third and lookout for my fourth with bounty hunter for my fifth if I continue that long.
I'll replace the brigand once I can sustain myself entirely on locations, what with? Blacksmith? Cartographer? Quartermaster?
>>
>>506133
Scout is basically mandatory for every run imo. It's just too good. Ideally you'd want Bounty Hunter as soon as possible because you want more named items and champions guarantee those, so it also ends up being mandatory. Cook is also super fucking good.

Honestly Blacksmith and Quartermaster are very meh. Cartographer is nice if you can get it early on and combines very well with scout/lookout, but I think it wouldn't be as powerful anymore for you. For your other flex spots I would choose Drill Sergeant and then replace him with Surgeon once you have your late game bros. Surgeon is just super fucking good too.

As you can see, the retinue system is kind of poorly balanced. There are some that are just too good not to take.
>Scout
>Cook
>Bounty Hunter
>Surgeon (Drill Sergeant early on)
>Flex spot (which you've used for Brigand)
>>
>>506133
>>506147
I would replace Brigand's spot for Lookout when you feel comfortable, provides good info for farming specific beasts for attachments etc.

Agent is pretty cool as your last flex spot but it's something you'll never unlock until super late game, and by that point her impact is lessened.
>>
How do I fight 7 Lindwurms without losing people, they're kind of ridiculous
>>
File: archer wolf rider.png (136 KB, 400x397)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>archer wolfriders
>goblins operating siege equipment
>goblin gunners
>goblins riding unholds
>suicidal bomb goblins
>goblins hiring you to kill other goblins
>viet gobs ambushing you as a crisis
>>
>>505959
>How do you gear and use duelists?
Get the perk, your weapon of choice and keep the offhand free for double gripping.
You might need or want to go nimble but some brothers can easily do forged, its not counter to most duelists because they want to level their fatigue up to a reasonable level anyway since they'll be attacking more times per round.
>Why would you use them over 2h?
Most one handed weapons are different enough from their two handed versions that what they can do for you is unique. Plus, named weapons.
>>
>>501707
I just want one more brother on the field
>>
>>505603
I'd say nomads are still pretty good at stalling, even though they're not as good as a shaman since nothing is. Outlaws also don't ever fall off entirely imo
Agreed on barbs but not on orks, warriors are really overrated. So my list for camp threat would be
>Barbarians
>Ancient Dead
>Nomads
>Orks
>>
>>506736
>late game Ancient Dead
>threatening

uwotm8
>>
>>506888
I get really anxious fighting skelemanii for some reason. Would rather fight a full stack of fat and retarded greenskin warriors than 11 fearsome bladed pikes.
>>
>>507009
Skeletons are generally harder to intimidate.
Orcs may crumple if they don't get early kills.
>>
>>507220
>Skeletons are generally harder to intimidate
I'm not sure if you're being tongue in cheek or if you are implying that it is possible somehow to break skeletons' morale if you try hard enough
>>
File: 1593383650170.jpg (418 KB, 2048x1364)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>506318
Whats your company like?
Give all your polearm bros swordlances/warscythes instead of billhooks, lindwurms are mostly hp and due to the shared hp pool between body and tail a reap will hurt like hell.
For the same reason gunners are gods here, and if they have overwhelm they should be able to greatly neutralize lindwurm mattak. Its a bit awkward getting them into position since everyone who isnt a tank will want to be dancing in and out with polearms to get in safe hits. If overwhelm is being applied your shieldbros can just spam indomitable instead of ever shieldwalling for when the enemy still lands a roll.
Acid damage to armor is percentage based, so nimble people don't care since it'll be shaving off very little. Ive seen an npc assassin tank more hits from them than expected, so if you have anyone who could quickly finish them off they could step in and do it. Just be sure to have steel brow
You can also draw them into a camp. Never seen them take more than one loss, but at least the occupants should keep them engaged and strip their armor whilst you get into position to safely mop them up afterwards.
>>
>>506147
Yeah scout's speed bonus is so good that i expect them to nerf him at some point because you spend 90% of your time on the world map just walking, he not only saves you from bad encounters but just passively pays himself back through saving a ton of time.
I like blacksmith for enabling careless use of named shields, but eh.

>>506156
Lookout's also pretty good for wilderness expeditions since she might be the difference between seeing a location and not.
>>
>>507460
>I like blacksmith for enabling careless use of named shields, but eh.
It's kind of a very small advantage though, because named shields are very meh to begin with. AND you can simply swap out shields or even drop it on the ground if it's so insanely good you care about preserving it (just don't forget to pick it back up before the battle ends)
>>
>>501020
Is there a Black Monolith strategy that doesn't involve the "northern sacrificial megatank" thing? Or is that basically the meta strat everyone uses?
>>
>>507474
Never done BM or most other legendary locations since i cant be assed to keep playing after the second crisis but pretty sure there are other ways.
You could even solo it during WotN. Still can though its borderline impossible and demands inhuman amounts of autism.
>>
>>507551
>solo Black Monolith
>one single bro against 50 undead

excuse me what
>>
>>501020
seeing this crop up in my screen triggered my fight or flight response immediately
>>
File: 1506917319399.jpg (28 KB, 251x291)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>Barbarians that are genetically stronger, and who also have troll pets
>Witches
>Nightmare eating incubus things
>Giant fucking snakes that can kill an entire company
>Direwolves
>Man-eating corpse eaters
>Swamp Kraken
>Orcs and goblins
>Undead
>No horses
How did people survive long enough to create civilization in this shithole of a world.
>>
>>507559
Things used to be a bit different during Warriors of the North. Indomitable used to cost 4 AP, so a man with a 6 ap weapon could attack and indom. Adrenaline used to cost 0 Ap and only build up fatigue so if you recovered it would be possible to Adrenaline afterwards and still come on top of the turn order regardless of your initiative. Using this and Wait, you could keep Indom up forever at the cost of attacking every other turn. Indomitable is very strong, but it synergizes a bit better with Battleforged than Nimble due to the fact that BF very much likes to take lots of small hits instead of any amount of big ones. It was piss easy to solo camps with a Lone Wolf
>get indom, adrenaline, recover
>get a greataxe
>sit on a hill
>spam round swing between recovering all whilst keeping indom up so any hits that land turn to glancing ones
Now this can be taken to the next level by using potion of oblivion over and over to respect Gifted for more stats and having named gear to further boost the lone wolf, but the Ijirok set was key to it being possible for mono. If not for the regen, you'd just die from Miasma spam.
Anyway here's the solo monolith fight from that era
https://youtu.be/pYzJ0YS1rVo
The guy also has a video where a lone wolf solos a shit ton of champion Chosen using the same method.
https://youtu.be/OeuKEQqjCpY
This isnt solo but its so impressive that its always worth posting. Think this basically started the trend of monolith speedrunning.
https://youtu.be/3R1mKKt_vEs
Anyway things changed with Blazing Deserts since the indom cycling loop was thrown out. However the Gladiator origin was in and there was someone deranged enough to try it.
https://youtu.be/8Et14LeH-xo
There's ways to beef up stats beyond drinking the potion of oblivion and veteran levels. Mainly farming certain rare events which give miniscule amounts of fatigue. I think this guy just sat on a mountain for like a thousand days to stack it.
>>
File: pyramid.png (2.85 MB, 2731x3402)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
Full plate armor when?
>>
>>507633
Donkeys and the ancient legions (who are the skelemanii of today) have laid most of the framework, both the northern noble houses and the southern city states are shit flinging barbarians who have risen from the ruins. Thats sorta why their combat styles are similar to the legionary frontline and backline
>>
>>501020
Bros, any way to play the game on android? Aside from steam link that id
>>
>>507711
anon......................
>>
>>507656
>That Gladiator solo video
Jesus christ. That's amazing. I'm surprised it doesn't have more views.
>>
>>507761
>>507656
(though I do wish he had at least sped up the footage when it wasn't his turn, the insane amount of patience it must take to play without something like Quicker in a fight like that, holy shit. Though I realize part of the gimmick was no mods of any kind)

https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/368?tab=description
>>
>>507669
Oh did Legends finally update after the devs kept constantly doing official updates to probably fuck with them?
>>
>>507783
Why would devs want to fuck with modders? They draw people in and keep people who'd otherwise get bored discussing their game.
>>
>>507789
Anon...you clearly don't know the track record Overhype Studios has with modding

That said, the concept of updates releasing solely to fuck with modders is far fetched. If anything it would be a bonus to them
>>
File: 1557585987203s.jpg (6 KB, 208x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>501020
i hate this fucking game. This masochistic piece of shit
>>
>>507836
Anon show me on the doll where the Chosen hit you
>>
>>507826
>Anon...you clearly don't know the track record Overhype Studios has with modding
I know they originally said they wouldn't release any modding tools because the game was coded poorly, but that's about all I know
>>507836
I've been having a pretty chill game, it's like day 95 as northern raiders. I think they may be the easiest possible start though.
>>
File: me1.jpg (115 KB, 1024x678)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>507868
>I know they originally said they wouldn't release any modding tools because the game was coded poorly.
I don't know where you heard that, gonna need a citation there.

The game files are encrypted. The devs went out of their way to encrypt the files so that they are unreadable unless you have the cipher. This is not a case of "eh, we're not releasing modding tools, if you wanna mod you're on your own." This is a case of the developers going above and beyond to put the game files under lock and key so that nobody can fuck with them, either by editing existing things or adding new content.

Some guy named Adam (pic related) reverse engineered the game and figured out the algorithm. He then released tools so that anyone could open the game files, look at them, modify them, and encrypt them back into the format the game needs reads them in.

This, everyone assumes, made the devs incredibly buttmad because their plans of people being unable to mod the game and them being the sole authority on it was undermined.
>>
>>507880
>>507868
By the way, here's his site if you want to read the technical details. That's also where I got his picture, thus the "me1" filename.

http://www.adammil.net/blog/v133_Battle_Brothers_mod_kit.html
>>
>>507862
>>507868
I only play lone wolf on ironmode because the rest is boring but still when everything goes well and then some fucking peasant goblin with kitchen knife will kill you with 2 hits....it hurts
>>
>>507893
Where's your additional fur padding attachment, anon
>>
>>507894
20 day. I didnt even had 5 people team
>>
>>507896
why are you fighting goblins on day 20 with less than 4 people
>>
>>507897
*less than 5
>>
>>507902
5 goblins are usual 1 hit 2 hands sword but this armor penetr. is sick. I killed 2 goblino with one hit and jumped to another one. ofcourse goblin bowmen pierced my knight like thru paper. Game over.
>>
>>507966
I m going to sleep. Happy easter anons
>>
Why is it that during the Noble War, houses seem to send trading caravans through routes that take them THROUGH ENEMY CITIES?

And even more confusing - why do the enemy cities let the trade caravans pass through their gates/front door?
>>
Other than guards how do supply and trade caravans differ?
>>
I got a bad feel about this, battle bros.
>>
>>508094
3.488 named items!
>>
>>507975
Good night anon
>>
File: 1610836906417.png (435 KB, 777x707)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
>>508094
>multiple named items
>all shields
I am calling it
>>
Are the weapon specific perks worth taking at all? I see a lot of people forgoing them.
>>
>>508513
If you want a dedicated (weapon)bro like a duelist or a berserker, weapon perks are well needed as you need to save as much fatigue and action points, if polearm or dagger, as possible.
>>
File: JUST.png (35 KB, 118x130)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>508588
>41%
Uhh...battle tranners? Battle "sisters"?
>>
>>508597
Oh shit. Forgot to remove the name
>>
Has anyone tried ranged heavy parties? Ranged weapons seem absurdly powerful in this game.
>>
>favorite weapons: Billhook, Swordlance, Greatcleaver
>never seen a named billhook
>never seen a named swordlance or warscythe
>used to get multiple named three headed flails during warriors of the north when they were utter fucking garbage
>>
>>508056
Supply caravans travel to and from fortifications, normal caravans go from other settlments to everywhere.
Attacking a trade caravan won't make you instantly hostile with the faction at large assuming its a northern one. Supply caravans will tank your relations with the noble house down to hostile, and by association it's towns unless your rep with them is positive.
I think nothing happens if you save a supply caravan, but the trade ones will give you some small rewards based on what they are carrying which is determined by the attached buildings of the settlement
>>
>>509184
The rules are kind of weird. There are some quests/contracts whose outcomes change depending on whether or not you let survivors escape the battle. But for stuff that isn't a contract, it's kind of magic. Everyone just knows that you were responsible even if you leave zero witnesses.
>>
>>509215
>But for stuff that isn't a contract, it's kind of magic.
Speaking of magic, if you save a random npc caravan on the road but all the hands/guards die, the lone donkey will continue the journey alone
>>
>>508683
Ranged only would make for an interesting challenge run, but otherwise ranged is ass except for situational utility. Most people trying to run a pure ranged party wouldn't make it past day 30.
>>
>>508683
Ranged heavy works if you are smart about it, which can be seen a lot from more """""advanced"""" players
If we twist the definition a bit and consider reach weapons as "ranged" weapons since they'll be hitting targets over 2 tiles they are almost essential imo
>>
>>509251
>"""""advanced"""" players
what did they mean by this
>>
#1 use of ranged is forcing the enemy to attack
#2 use of ranged is killing enemy archers
>>
>>509318
It's actually building throwers and shredding everything
Or stacking fearsome gunners and making everything run away turn 2
>>
File: 1606521401812-1.png (42 KB, 1078x878)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>509261
Because if you ask 5 people who played a lot of this game about many topics regarding builds and whats optimal you'll often get 5 different answers, that can already be seen here >>509318 >>509370. I build people that have ranged potential but no melee potential into gunner-throwers and have archers/crossbowmen be polearm hybrids because there is not a single fight in the entire game where a guy with a billhook or a swordlance cannot provide you with very good value. Against barbarians and orks in particular spending the first few turns moving back whilst shooting comes at no drawback, berserkers, reavers and even chosen if they spawn with shit armor dont take well to a warbow or an arbelast. Plus, these brothers can fit in additional attacks even without procing berserk if they quickhands to their ranged weapon to squeeze in a kill.
I wish effortposter was still around, that nimble necrosavant challenge really broke the man. He could elaborate on ranged weapons and kiting.
>>
>>509451
Do billhooks count as cutting, crushing, or stabbing for undead purposes?
>>
>>509495
Cutting i think, skeletons dont get resistance to them
You used to be able to one shot legionaries with a billhook but after the nerf its a bit harder, still a good choice vs ancient dead.
>>
>>507633
High testosterone, that's how.
>>
File: kronar.png (31 KB, 295x266)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>509555
>>507633
>>
File: gZS5PeZ[1].png (133 KB, 745x162)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>509568
>>
What sort of build could one use to make the hook ability on billhooks useful? Maybe Dagger spec QH?
New dagger doesn't work on staggered so that's out. Making the enemy move towards you seems useful, but not on the bros that actually have billhooks; rearlines. Having a frontline bro using it seems particularly useful when you have terrain bottlenecks and high value targets with guards. Probably useful for daggering down armored targets as well.
>>
Any good build for Lone Wolf route?
>>
File: rCIgrW5[1].png (168 KB, 317x344)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
First famed item this campaign on like day 115, just switched to locations. 8 necrosavants, killed the last the turn before one of my two handers bled out.
>>
>>509812
Create pockets in your battleline, get backstabber and crippler and hook them enemies to their doom is my best try. I rarely use the hooks aside from saving bros.
>>
>>509451
I learned a lot from that guy. I used to not understand Battle Brothers but now I can hit camps more confidently. Did he drop any new nuggets of advice since Blazing Deserts came out? Fortifications forced me to change up my formations.
>>
>>510463
He was very active for a while, then he got overconfident and accepted a challenge to beat something like 20 necrosavants with nimble, after that he posted only once to say that the challenge defeated him and he was now burned out on the game
>>
>>509451
>>510463
>>510471
>I wish effortposter was still around, that nimble necrosavant challenge really broke the man. He could elaborate on ranged weapons and kiting.
Effortposter? Nimble necrosavant challenge? I've never heard of these, what was this about?
>>
>>510476
Some dude who wrote in all lowcaps while making very long posts about various gamerelated topics, usually good posts too
Nimble necros challenge is just >>510471, we were talking about giving nimble to them and he was arguing that they'd still be very beatable which culminated in me making a mod for him to prove his claims
>>
>>510489
What's wrong with nimble vs necros exactly?

As much as I learned from thr dude I still have problems incorporating ranged units into my backline.
>>
>>510500
No, giving nimble the perk to necrosavants to buff them
Though necros heal when hitting HP so armor is better against them
>>
>>510505
That's nasty. Is there any way to actually deal with 20 Necrosavants?
>>
>>510576
My bad, it was 25
A lot of beastly tanks with taunt and polearms + nets on the rest might do the trick
>>
>>509906
Lone wolf has the stars and stats to badically do anything you want but everyone builds him as a generic twohander.
Try the qatal flange if you havent
>>
>>509812
Yeah hook isnt very good usually unless you are sure you can kill the target in the two chained up turns given by stagger if you pull in after they've acted. Repel has a lot of use since pushing enemies away can deny them an attack if they use 4 ap weapons, twohander Fallen Heroes in particular are weak against repel and shield bash because they don't have enough action points to move a tile and still hit you in the absence of possesion from a necromancer.
Doesnt really matter since you want to be attacking with billhooks anyway. If you want to see a complete garbage skill look at the spetum/warfork spearwall.

>>510131
Nice, what origin?
>>
>>509906
What do you mean by that
Lone wolf the perk, lone wolf the origin or playing the origin solo with just your starting brother?
>>
File: 1604101306938.png (233 KB, 500x500)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>>508513
Depends on the weapon and the brother in question, for example polearm spec is easily the best for what it provides, then throwing, crossbow, cleaver and all others. If you have gear with - to fatigue use and/or a brother with iron lungs you can do some impossible to do otherwise builds with certain masteries. Very fun.
>>
>>510790
Lone wolf origin. What perks are best for him in early game.
>>
>>510814
Student so you can powerlevel like crazy, but it does nothing during actual combat
Adrenaline can be useful if you'll be cheesing the first few fights solo by baiting enemies into forests where you can battle them 1v1
>>
>>510576
Considering there is a video of a rather standard looking company without any named gear fighting 40 Chosen lossless its probably possible
If we gave the savants nimble then it almost certainly becomes a god damn nightmare to fight even a dozen
>>
File: 1442237890537.jpg (47 KB, 680x680)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Do you guys prefer the Norf with barbs or the Souf with all the sand barbs?
>>
>>511399
I am the norf barbs and I sell all the shit I steal to the sand niggers in exchange for their miraculous swords on sticks
>>
>>501020
Is it just me or does Goblin City kinda suck? It's not as RNG-ey as Kraken, where if you start on water you're pretty much dead, but it suffers from a similar issue.

The starting location really makes or breaks you. If RNGsus decides you start on a shitty spot (on a hill slope or surrounded by hills), you're gonna have a bad time. If RNGsus deems it appropiate to put you somewhere less shitty to start, then the fight is much more doable
>>
>>511462
fuck norf. Sand niggaz fo lyfe
>>
>>511399
First norf to farm spear.

Once get spear, go south to farm maces and CURVED swords.

Then go middle for armor.

Simple as.
>>
>>511689
>norf to farm spear
wait a sec anon, I don't remember barbs using spears. am i tripping
>>
>>511716
Barb thralls use spear, regularly.

They are very easy to farm, just beware of the javelin and throwing axe.
>>
>>511620
Legendary locations should have fixed terrain
>>
>>511891
They should, but they don't
>>
>>511892
it do be like that
>>
>>511894
no it literally isn't like that i just told you
>>
>>511899
it do be like it don't be
>>
>>511399
souf barbs are much more profitable early, norf barbs are much more profitable late since a noble will pay you like 6k to kill a kang
>>
What do you guys do late game with bros that suffer terrible permanent injuries like Broken Elbow?

Do you retire him with dignity and proper compensation, or do you send him out to die pointlessly?
>>
File: Tard strength.png (463 KB, 436x684)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
How much injuries can an unhold take?

>>512628
I retire them as thanks for their service. Letting them die would start a morale check on my bros and on my enemies. You especially do not want a bro get revived into a weirderganger.
>>
>>512741
>I retire them as thanks for their service. Letting them die would start a morale check on my bros and on my enemies. You especially do not want a bro get revived into a weirderganger.

I just wish that there was a log of people you dismiss. The obituary keeps track of deaths of course, but bros that were an important part of the company but suffer perm injury->get dismissed are never listed anywhere
>>
>>512628
Depends on my mood, the day and the brother. You can always heal one set of permanent injuries through the water skin legendary location. There really are times where a brother with a premanent injury can cause a wipe though. Happned to me once with undead where a guy's mdef was tanked and him eating double gripped axes to the face led to a disaster since the backliners were right behind him and this was an early company taking a cocky fight.

>>512741
A double gripped shamshir used with mastery (maybe with crippling strikes is needed too) causes instant injuries on unholds with Gash, which is probably the only way you'll ever get use out of wounding them since cutting temp injuries are mostly about cutting max hp down by a %
>>
>>512810
I already used my water skin to get rid of Old on my swordmaster, unfortunately. But yeah
>>
>>512810
How to I go about causing an unhold to get all of the injuries possible? Should I start first with cutting weapons and hope for a deep chest cut to make things easier?
>>
>>512863
If you really want to do this, then yeah. Shamshir spamming gash with a brother perked to exploit it, then attacks with a 2h mace. Don't forget Executioner since as much damage as possible is necessary.
The piercing and burning injuries are the problem. Former might be possible but latter would need a named handgonne, and even then it might be tricky.
>>
Is there any sort of strategy for busting locations and hunting famed items? Also should I get the item chance mod or is that gay?
>>
>>513265
Yes but do you mean for taking down camps early or what your options are in general?
>Also should I get the item chance mod or is that gay?
Nothing's stopping you, but imo its a bit of a bad idea since you'll start to get pissed when you go in thinking about that projected 44% which turns out to be nothing. Regarding mods get Quicker + autopause if you havent already and get Autopilot, not for the actual autopilot or most of its UI features but just for the ability to switch to items in your bag slots without having to open up the god damn inventory every single time. If you have a quickhands brother this makes combat flow a lot better.
>>
>>501863
I believe this perk works with bows also, but I know for a fact it works with crossbows.
>>
>>513292
Well I know that if they're too close to civilization there can be a 0% chance to spawn an item. I wish there was a mod with like low chance (1-20%), moderate chance (21-40%) good chance (41+%) or some shit
>>
File: FallenHero.gif (35 KB, 112x112)
35 KB
35 KB GIF
>>513265
>>513337
Stop expecting famed items unless its the largest type of camp, that way you'll get a lot less disappointed. You should be attacking locations whenever you can because their loot either from the enemies themselves or the treasure that's baked into them will sell for good money, and give more experience to your brothers.
The places with the highest chance for named items are
>Barbarian place of worship ("a lot of fierce northern warriors are certain to be nearby")
>Necrosavant den
>Sunken castle (ancient dead)
>Ork Sea of Tents
>Nomad tent city
>Goblin cities (not the legendary location, the description of these says something about it "teeming with vicious greenskins")
Most of these only occur further far out in the wilderness, but brigand, barbarian and nomad locations must be somewhat near civilization.
Be sure to consult the local tavern rumors whenever possible to see if there's anything in the vicinity which has a named item. If that's the case, be very careful about taking camp destroying contracts in that area since anything that isn't 3 skulls will wipe the famed item.
You'll also want a full company, 12-16 people since camps scale less than contracts from your size and additional bodies on the field are very much the difference between victory and a wipe.
Camps will also regularly send out parties into the wild, if a place you know for certain has a named item but at the same time is too difficult for you to take on, hang around in the area and see if it becomes more managble after some of them leave. Most of the time it does make the camp a lot easier.
Now lets get onto the enemies and their camps themselves
>Brigands
Not much to say here, you should know how to fight brigand raiders and marksmen if you are asking about camp wrecking.
Cont
>>
>>513962
The terrain addition from the BD patch does make things a lot harder (and potentially run ending) if the camp is fortified in the swamp or on a hill. With the former you need to muck forward whilst getting shot to shit and with the latter the uphill battle causes big problems if you like to use a lot of polearms like me, since its impossible to attack two height levels above yourself a lot of the time your bros will need to awkwardly shuffle into position. The first few turns can be particularly bad here in the early game if the raiders spawn with throwing weapons and start to chuck them from elevation. Attack at night since your ranged troops will be useless here anyway and if you are polearm heavy like say peasant militia, focus on one side and attack from there (so move everyone north/south and make a breach instead of trying an all out assault).
>Barbarians
Doing these early is only for the very brave since on expert chosen start to spawn quickly, however i've seen places of worship spawn a bunch of thralls + two/three brown unholds. These are easy fights.
>Nomads
Imo the best early target since nomad outlaws and leaders have an immense power bump at day 40, meaning that before that point their bigger camps are significantly softer targets than they should be. Their smallest locations are just some cutthroats and maybe slingers or a single outlaw, making them very easy targets for the clear location ambition. Loot is also good at this stage of the game, and the locations will drop southern trade goods which can be sold at a higher price than what you'd get from the northern ones.
Cont
>>
>>513964
The best tool for nomad slaying is the swordlance bar none, so if you find one pool your money into buying it. If that's not possible, use warforks/spetums you bought from up north on a discount or whatever other reach weapons you can get your hands on without investment. Buying Indebted to be used as cannon fodder and fill in your company works fairly well since they won't cause a resolve check on any of your other troops if they get mauled. Attack at night to make their archers have a harder time hitting anything if they are present. Sometimes you get firebombs as loot from their camps, be sure to use those when attacking tent cities since their damage is actually decent with how little armor outlaws can spawn with, and it makes them reposition so your frontline is not under threat from multiple polemaces at once.
>Undead (Weidergangers)
You can figure out if the weiderganger blob is supported or not on the first turn without ever moving even if the location isn't scoutable just by looking at the turn order, Geists/Necromancers/Nachzherers act a lot earlier than the zombies. Don't be too worried if its just nachzherers acting as support since most of the time their morale will get dumped from watching you kill all the zombies to the point they might just run away without ever trying to engage
Terrain on these locations is noteworthy because it commonly contains a lot of ruins. Turn on the option to highlight tiles that block movement and consider your formation, often it is possible to funnel the weidergangers into disadvantageous gaps whilst your guys with reach weapons poke them from safe blocks.
Sometimes instead of zomibes you'll just get a blob of nachzherers or a shit ton of geists without anyone else. These aren't too hard but i swear they never contain anything interesting.
Cont
>>
>>513967
>Ancient dead
Annoying and very hard to tackle early due to the changes to Fearsome, id avoid fighting them pre banner unless you can lure some monsters in there (more on that later)
>Orks
Zerker caves have a fairly low chance to have named items, but they still have it and are found in abundance in the wild. Taking those on is a bit risky but if you fully understand what makes berserkers tick and how predictable their AI is, it is possible to just go out there early and keep attacking them if you have some bows and pikes.
>Goblins
You probably want to attack these for the overseer crossbows more than anything else, but goblins are fairly easy early before shamans. Their camps have a bias to spawn on hills, which makes them a lot more annoying. The goblin cities can be taken down very easily with one simple trick.
The trick being a special tactic, which is causing a three way fight by luring in parties from the overworld onto camp grounds and letting them deal with the inhabitants. Goblins in particular are very weak to unholds because they lack enough raw damage to really kill them, whilst unholds can oneshot skirmishers if their fists connect.
I could write a lot more about drawing NPCs into camps to cheese them, but this post is already long enough so ill just summarize
>do not draw nachzherers into camps unless you are certain they will get blown the fuck out by the defenders
>be careful with drawing direwolves into anything unless you are Deserters origin
>do not draw anything that isn't a barbarian king with a full party of chosen into a Necrosavant den, they will just outmaneuver them and heal up
>do not draw humans that don't have good armor or shields into weidergangers with geists
>do not draw Berserkers into beasts or beasts into Berserkers
>do draw everything else you can into skelemanii
>do draw ifrits and lindwurms into camps if you are comfortable with fighting them after they wipe the defense, they will most likely remain unscathed
>>
Is there any story or a final quest in this game? Or it is a pure sandbox?
>>
Any advice for a Manhunters run?
>>
>>514143
Farm barbarians since they have the best stat potential
>>
File: ridUeTo[1].jpg (700 KB, 2560x1440)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
Any idea why quicker mod is doing this? I have the latest hooks.
Modlist is hooks, named item chance/scouting, settlement situation tooltips, quicker. Deleting quicker fixes the issue.
>>
>>514923
I couldn't find any mention of this so I just tried reloading with it installed again identically to when this happened and it just worked. What the fuck? Is my GPU dying?
>>
>>502403
Based.
>>
I don't have much experience in the mid to late game. How I'm currently handling recruitment is that anything in excess of 10k crowns I spend on recruits of the best backgrounds (sellswords and hunters mostly, a few retired soldiers as well). Is this a good strategy for getting late game soldiers?
>>
>>514923
>>514927
Might be an issue with low vram
Or your gpu is dying yes
>>
>>514039
Pure sandbox
>>
>>515229
If your gear is maxed out, or at least servicably good, then yeah
Add nomads, adventurous nobles and some others to that list. Look up the backgrounds on the wiki
>>
>>514039
There is a hint of a story but its mostly sandbox. Also, lategame crisises
>>
>>514923
Ive had that happen some months before my pc croaked, so get ready anon
>>
>>501020
What are some must have QoL mods?
On a similar note, is Legends Mod worth it or is just bloated garbage?
>>
>>517511
>What are some must have QoL mods?
Quicker, its faster but with less game breaking bugs. I've only seen necrosavants spaz out whilst Faster occasionaly locks up
Autopause, since Quicker does not have that feature
Autopilot, not for the actual autopilot feature but for the quick switching between items without needing to bring out the inventory
Numbers since i hate this some/many/lots bullshit that homm also had.
>On a similar note, is Legends Mod worth it or is just bloated garbage?
Its currently very buggy in my experience. Who knows how it'll turn out.
>>
>>517649
Thanks bro, I am on the fence with Quicker because I have been using Faster for a long time and the former seems too recent which might mean bugs.
Autopause: already had it (alongside M&B style pause).
I dunno about autopilot cause I almost never do switching
Numbers I will definetly try out
>>
>>517667
The nexus version of numbers doesn't work with BD, here's an updated one
https://ufile.io/vzju57jf
>>
>>517754
Cheers
>>
>>517511
pretty much the only good thing about legends is layered armor the rest ranges from meh to garbage and unfortunately there's no separate release for any of the good stuff they put in
>>
File: knife.gif (2.09 MB, 200x262)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB GIF
Thinking of getting into modding origins, does anyone have any requests?
>>
I just got the bounty hunter
I only have two famed items
I assume I sold the third on accident
>>
>>518638
Mod it to make the features modular. Not sure if that is possible but the common reason why people hate legends is the amount of bloat and unwanted mods it brings.
>>
>>518949
If it was shitty enough that you could have sold it on accident then it wasn't a very good piece of gear in the first place.
>>
>>518957
I was thinking of an origin pack instead of a bunch of individual ones since its not like they really affect eachother
>>
>>514143
Play peasant militia first so you get the hang of managing a massive company
>>
File: L80j2Y6[1].png (223 KB, 312x456)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
Any reason to use this over a warbow?
Is there an easy calculator I can use to compare a warbow hit to this against an armored opponent?
>>
>>521628
No. Its shit. A goblin bow will be better than a warbow if it maxrolls on damage and gets a bonus to hit, since ranged weapons greatly enjoy from the ability to give you more hitchance.
There are probably some calculators for damage you could use, but there is no point. Equip the thing and mouse over the icon for its associated skills above the brother's stats, you'll see the exact numbers of damage, armor damage and armor ignoring damage it can cause. So compare it with a warbow.
>>
>>520723
Crips Origin
>Start with a cripple
>Can only hire cripples
>If you have non-cripples (apprentice from event etc), an event will occur that forces you to cripple them or give them a permanent injury
>Gets regularly ambushed by bloods who are necrosavants
>>
Are medium famed armors any use?
19/231
>>
>>522420
I usually treat them as backup armor should main armor get rekted and another battle is coming.
>>
>>522543
I installed EHP and I get +50 average EHP for that over 10/105 on a nimble bro with 5/120 helmet. Any reason not to use it on a nimble bro?
>>
File: kXkaLJi[1].png (286 KB, 354x806)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
Paid 5500 for this dude because of iron lung
Should I even keep him? With gifted he'll have 87/40 MATK/DEF. 40 really isn't that great for a tank and 87 isn't that great for a 2h. How can I best utilize iron lung with that?
>>
File: MjhRVr7[1].png (302 KB, 362x798)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>522640
What an absolute unit
>>
>>522640
Mansplitter or orc weapon duelist
>>
>>514923
your gpu is dying.
>>
>>522543
How accurate is this illustration? Why would they need shields when they have heavy armor?
>>
File: kniggers get shot.png (672 KB, 716x635)
672 KB
672 KB PNG
>>522584
I wouldn't trust EHP but I would use it on a nimble with a named light helmet.

>>523056
I am not sure about the historical accuracy but....
>heavy armor
Arrows would still be very painful with lamellar (assuming that lamellar is metal) as they dent the individual pieces. The mail hauberk would do nothing against the pain of flying pointy sticks with some of them poking through the rings and padding. As far as I know, shields only fell out of use when good plate armor developed.
>>
>>523233
No, padding alone, even before chainmail and lamellar, was almost completely sufficient against most bow shots. Arrows just weren't powerful enough unless you were shooting from a few meters away with a bow with an insane draw. Shields stopped being meta long before plate armor in favor of lugging around a longer stick.
>>
File: kot.gif (2.21 MB, 320x584)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB GIF
>>523240
Do you have some sauce on that? I am definitely talking out of my ass but I am pretty sure that it would still be painful to get hit by an arrow even if it was stopped by the padding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzWipvLiCjY
Video shows 32 layer gambeson getting pierced by a longbow simulator(AKA the modern crossbow).
>thats too close
Yes but I believe that even in longer ranges it would still be painful. Painful enough to get a shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoz0eggQen8
Crossbow against gambeson and rivetted mail. It did stop some but that would be very painful. Maybe not much at a longer distance. You win at this one.
>>
>>523240
>>523268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIzvUYdeKY
Arrows shot by a simulated longbowman piercing shield, gambeson and mail at a different ranges.
>>
>>523268
>>523275
The bows used by most bowmen were most likely far below 160lbs draw. This is a misconception that comes from finding some of those at the Mary Rose, which had archers way above the average onboard, being king's guard and all.
>>
File: Get punctured, knigga.jpg (216 KB, 950x686)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>523296
Weren't archers trained ever since they were a child or did that culture happen much later in europe? If they are trained from childhood, it wouldn't be that far below 160lbs as the dude in >>523275 lived just like that and can do 160lbs.

If shields were no longer the meta, why the hell are there so much painting depicting them like pic related?
>>
>>523352
fuck wrong vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxdTkddHaE
>>
>>523352
There was a mandate to have a bow and practice with it, but there was no standardized equipment or draw weight requirement.
>If shields were no longer the meta, why the hell are there so much painting depicting them like pic related?
It was most likely drawn by someone who's never fought in their life. Which was in fact most people back then.
>>
File: Oh no.jpg (26 KB, 474x570)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>523361
Sorry bro but just can't believe you. Romans with their lorica segmentata still brought shields. Shields continued to be developed as we have heater and kite shields. I cannot fathom shields not having a lot of utility before the spread of good plate armor despite being used extensively. Thanks for the conversation analysis though. I hope your bros get reamed by goblin arrows

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.