[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 179 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (355 KB, 765x583)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
vicky
how goes your grob?
>>
oh wow Prussia to German Empire how... *yawn* interesting...
>>
oh wow the video game Vic2 how... *yawn* interesting...
>>
>>488633
germanophiles are subhumans
>>
oh wow penis in the vagina... *yawn* interesting...
>>
File: v2_140.jpg (677 KB, 1920x1080)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
my grob is grob
>>
gro⻖...
>>
what's you favourite nation to play as if you want to be mostly pacifist and just industrialize your country?
>>
>>488871
switzerland, brazil, japan
>>
bohemia-moravia
the US of A
Belgium
russia
>>
>>488871
USA
>>
>>488871
Ireland
>>
>>488871
Tripoli
>>
>>488871
China
>>
>>488633
what happened to the poleish
>>
oh wow a grossdeutschland how long did it take you to come up with that idea for a campaign
>>
>>488871
I guess it depends on your definition of "mostly" pacifist.
Ukraine, Vietnam, southern Chinese clique, Spain, Indonesia and I guess Mexico since you don't really have anything to attack.
>>
>>488633
>German Empire
>Less than half of it is actual Germany
>Potentially less than third of population is German
Why would you even take over Slovakia or Slovenia? What for?
>>
>>488871
Absolute pacifist run?
Switzerland, Brazil, Sweden (with intention of going for peaceful Scandinavia), maybe Netherlands (assuming no new colonies)
Fighting only defensive wars?
Korea, Netherlands (again, no new colonies), Persia, Chile, MAYBE Argentina (depends on how relations with your neighbours play out)
>>
>>488633
>All those countless non-German, non-assimilable pops
What for? Where is the profit in doing this shit, given insane infamy it would generate and yet you clearly not being on a world conquest.
>>
>>489554
Ironically it more or less follows the original partiation borders. Russians post-Napoleon took majority of land both Prussia and Austria took from Poland and declared it now Russian clay, to the detriment of Poland and Polish to this very fucking day
>>
>>488633
Is this at least the full democracy run? Because if you couldn't be arsed to do even that, you did the most boring shit imaginable.
>>
>>488633
Why don't you have Hungary?
>>
>>489647
>>489623
the map is on the culture mode retards
>>
>>489726
Full democracy Germany is easy mode, better when you have Jacobin uprisings every 2 weeks and legal slavery in 1930.
>>
>>490195
>Download mod with genocide button
>Press it
>Wow look at my epic culture map!
Very impressive
>>
>>488871
Portugal
becoming grossafricanum is always fun
Japan is also really easy to get good industry with if you get the uncivs around you
>>
>>490635
Why do you people get so mad over this?
>>
>>488728
Aesthetic Yugo puppet
>>
>>493449
>Why people give me shit for acting like an edgy teen despite being almost 30
Dunno, anon. Dunno.
>>
>>489664
Slavs shouldn't rule themselves to be honest.
>>
>>493538
>Kills some numbers in some autism simulator.
>Edgy
Do ledditors really?
>>
>>488871
B E L G I U M
>>
My last run was French and I did pretty well smashing and taking bits of Britain, Germany, Spain, their colonies, and fending off Austria but then I got involved in a never ending ocean war with the USA in the Atlantic.
It was actually pretty good but I was spamming so much maritime production that my PC started to lag like shit and I took Vicky off.
Now I find all my other games boring and I'm considering buying a new rig.
Weird shit is this one isn't that old it's a Ryzen 7
>>
>>493538
All he did was post a picture of his germany run dude, calm down. The only one being an edgy retard and talking about genocide here is you
>>
>>493538
Take a step back and consider why someone playing a certain faction in a computer strategy game makes you mad
>>493573
Trying to get Paradox games to run well by getting a more powerful CPU is a quixotic task, the problem isn't that your computer's not strong enough, it's that the game's not coded well enough. It's like Dwarf Fortress where it just wasn't structured in a way that works well on modern many-cored CPUs.
Not a computer scientist though, this is just what I've gathered over time. I have a first gen Ryzen too and it Works on my Machine™
>>
>>493734
I have heard people say this but this one particular game where I had a lot of ship action going on was the first time I fell victim to it.
It was pretty late in the game before it started to chug as well.
Merde
>>
>>493449
People act like it’s impressive but all it ever is is a mod that adds a “kill all the poles lmao” button, don’t really see why people are so proud of it
>>
What's the general strategy on taking land from much bigger countries than you? Playing DoD in South Africa, formed Batavia and I'm unsure how to take the cape and the Dutch cores since Burgundy is much stronger than me and allied to Scandi. Inversely, no one wants to ally me.
>>
>>495695
Bump. I'm having the same problem, but I did manage to ally the Dual Monarchy, because they had no other allies. Burgundy has no allies, except their spherelings. They're still the number one great power and I'm stuck at 6. Only strategy I can think of is waiting until a great war starts and hoping other countries/rebels do the heavy lifting for you.
>>
File: v2_294.jpg (1.17 MB, 1280x1024)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>488871
Romania
They have everything they need to become an industrial powerhouse but start the game in an abysmal position
If you know what you're doing you can get 40-50 million people in your cores and be 3rd-2nd on industry without any blobbing
>>
File: Burgerland.png (1.43 MB, 2560x1440)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
We did it, comrades! We saved the New World!
>>
>>496190
>The Old South is New Afrika
kek
>>
>>496190
>Kingdom of California
Kek
Still though, this shit always lasts like 20 years tops for me, and America proceeds to gobble up back all the pieces
>>
File: Robbie.jpg (509 KB, 700x879)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>496202
>USA declares war
>Shitload of infamy
>Most of spliter states are allied
>Give them war subsidies n other shit
>Vote for UN intervention
>UN takes USA coast
>Gives me mandate/sphere
>>
>>496223
They shouldn't get any infamy if they use a Restoration of Order CB, which they WILL have for the first few wars.
>>
>>496235
AI went full retard and used chem/bio weapons and some other decisions
>>
File: norton.jpg (8 KB, 192x263)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>496190
>not making Norton Emperor of the US and protector of Mexico
You had one job
>>
Got Vicky 2 a while back but never played it.
Is it worth it without the expansions or do I have to get them too?
>>
File: gross.jpg (582 KB, 1920x1080)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
augh
>>
>>496263
>Is it worth it without the expansions or do I have to get them too?
They are essential
>>
>>496287
Now that's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>496237
That's wild, I didn't even know they could take that decisions
>>
>>496289
Good to know, thanks
>>
>>496190
What mod? I've seen some mods that have America break up, but I haven't seen New Afrika or Western American States before.
>>
>>496366
Cold War Enhancement/CWE
>>
>>496190
Now THAT'S what I call BASED
>>
>>496118
I think that's it, I believe this game doesn't count war participation, so I'll try to sneak the war goals and pray my AI team rolls good numbers.
>>
>playing as anyone but uk
cucks
>>
>>496369
Cool, thanks.
>>
File: the absolute state.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1080)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>496190
Doing better than this shit
>>
>>496369
best mod for the game
>>
>>488871
Austria Hungary! I don't see a reason in taking any new territory and If i really want to I can just abandon Bavaria.
Bavaria is a close second, the hard part is keeping those dirty Germans out of my lawn.
>>
>>496999
I’ll bite
>>
What's your philosophy for colonising Africa?

Do you plan aesthetically bordered chunks to colonise or do you just grab what you can get?
>>
>>497196
i usually dont
>>
>>497196
I always go for nigeria
>>
>>496999
les go
>>
What was your biggest achievement bros?
For me, i once conquered France as Algeria. I had to retry at least 30 times, but after i successfully retook Algeria i started building up until i invaded France with the help of Germany in the 1920's.
>>
>>496999
cheggered and roal
>>
Hello any CWE players, I kindly ask for your help to play test my mod, you can now play as Globohomo and try to exterminate the whole world with race mixing, or you can try to retake the US for White Anglos.
It’s seems bug free so far for me, but 1 person can only do so much play testing themselves. Let me know any issues you have and suggestions!

moddb.com/mods/adios-america
>>
>>497359
I think my biggest was winning against UK as China in base game w/o dlcs. In base game the UK has the habit to either eat up south asian minors or go into China (Tibet - Xinjiang - Mongolia etc.) They will start in in the 30s and won't stop declaring war until you're stronger than them. It's a fucking nightmare
>>
>>497367
How do you successfully play as an ethnostate in CWE? Immigration is just too powerful and the white birth rates are so shitty.
>>
>>488871
United Baltic provinces
>>
Intervene... eventually.
>>
File: pinked.png (597 KB, 457x572)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
>>497490
>United Baltic provinces
>>
>>497787
Who gives a hoot about their religion anyway?
>>
>>496190
>CSA Appalachian holdout
based
>>
>>496999
roll
>>
>>497485
You pretty much have to be traditionalist with moralism, and have it rule long enough to also get the traditions national value, then combine that with all the polices that increase birthdate, and you should be able to stay positive even with pretty high literacy, alternatively cut education funding, and tax intellectuals out of existence and you would probably have literacy drop to the point it boosts pop growth like in places like Africa at game start.
>>
>>496999
checked and rolled
>>
>>497367
shit meme mod
>>
>>497802
What's that's just aw- oh my is that the time? Cricket, anyone?
>>
>>496999
stop posting this in every fucking thread. it makes 50% of the posts just "roll"
>>
>>497196
Cockblock others from colonizing
>>
File: 1582919008387.jpg (158 KB, 478x463)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>497787
>>
>>497842
>alternatively cut education funding, and tax intellectuals out of existence
Based and pol pot pilled
>>
>>497926
In his defense I am playing bloat mod's Two Sicilies to Italian Empire (Southern) campaign and it is pretty fun. I am backing the Sonderbund in Switerland against the French, am planning to back the South against the North in America, and basically hodl as a century of reactionism that is starting to cause mass emigration from Italy as the euphoria of pushing Austria out fades and pan-nationalist liberals realize in horror that they were used.

So thanks to that guy for giving me a fun campaign to play.
>>
I wish you could ban certain parties in this game.
I'm tired of liberals ruining my economy.
>>
Spam elections and use the party loyalty focus, then.
>>
>>498099
By the time there's another election faggot capitalists have already scaled all my factories down to 1.
>>
>>496999
Lets fucking GOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>496999
Czech'em
>>
>>498146
Ok, what would be best nation to unify india as?
>>
>>498153
punjab cuz you're free from the start
you do have to fight britain several times though so be mindful of it
>>
>>496999
hey hey hey hey let's see which country i can ruin today
>>
>>498166
ah, thankfully australia literally can't be made any worse than it already is
why does it have CUM on the flag though what the FUCK
>>
>>498153
What the other anon said already. Punjab stands the best chance and comes with the less shit parties, too. Always "unify" first all the non-aligned countries in the region, Afganistan included, before you start even thinking about going after Brits and their puppets. In fact, you might be even tempted to march into central Asia first, knocking off Russian conquest of the area, too.
>>
I asked this in /gsg/ but got nothing. Can you guys spoonfeed me and tell me if commiemod is both good and compatible with anything else?
>>
>>488871
Japan
>>
>>498153
Depends. Mysore or hyderabad are nice beacuse they have big pop and are safe from the Uk while benefiting from uk's tech research.

In HPM they are especially good since the overlord gets an event to give them back their cores once they civilize.
>>
>>496999
Rollin
>>
>>497196
whole continent belongs to the queen
>>
>>488871
Either Portugal or Russa
>>
>>496999
roll 1 2 3
>>
>>497367
>multicultural culture just has the american namelist mashed up with a little bit of spanish
That's not really multicultural, is it?
>>
>>498297
>HPM
dont do that
>>
>>498391
Vanilla is broken shit.
>>
>>497926
yeah i hate that shit
>>
>>496999
Alright, let's see!
>>
>>498469
based
>>498464
cringe
>>
>>496999
Checked and rolled.
>>
>>488633
WOW is that a GROSSDEUTSCHLAND in the GRAND STRATEGY game victoria2? dude, DUDE I just fucking LOVE playing PRUSSIA because of it's strong MILITARY. Did you hear that? HA! That was the sound of FRANCE CAPITULATING to glorius DEUTSCHLAND for ELSASS-LOTHRINGEN. Dude, I so FUCKING HYPED for playing another game with my FAVORITE NATION.
>>
>>498547
its just a memepic to get the thread started dude calm your fucking tuts and actually talk about the game
>>
>>496999
roll
>>
>>498312
This
>>
>>496190
Is this Crimson Skies?
>>
>>498547
Big Germany reveals Reddit users like no other.
>>
>>497196
Let it happen and RP an all nations involved Congress to follow up the initial one to finalize post-scramble borders, with natural wars effecting borders as they happen. Usually I just transfer provinces between power for nicer borders and try to keep population the same after the switch, with any "benefiter" in said population change paying up some cash to the loser.
Example, Nigeria's coast is a cluster fuck, but the British managed to get the whole of the inland, with say the Dutch and Danish stealing a few provinces. England might switch out a similar population sized province/state to gain it, and if England forks over one that has say 50,000 less population, they'll pay a bit for that, usually at least a million
>>
so what's the best navy composition?
>>
>>498734
mass frigates -> mass ironclads -> mass cruisers
>>
>>498735
Are dreads just for score?
>>
>>498297
>>498193
>>498163
how do you even do this when you have to fight the uk?
what's the best strategy for taking them down?
>>
>>498741
i forgot to add "-> mass cruisers and dreadnoughts" onto the end
>>
>>498742
As I've mentioned earlier, hpm makes it somewhat easier for certain countries by giving you cores. By 1860-1870 depending on your luck, you become a medium-sized civ of around 7-8kk accepted pop. With discounts to techs it's enough to have a large enough army to dow the UK and fight back it's attacks getting battle warscore and eventually peacing out. After that you become a gp and proceed beating the UK and friends up because the AI is dumb and will throw armies at you only for them to be grinded down.

It's a long and tedious process, you generally collect all your lands by the 1900s or so.

Vanilla is basically the same thing. Playing as Punjab involves luck and savescumming because the UK dows you quite often and there's almost nothing you can do as an unciv.
Once civilized you build stacks of arty and mobilize the infantry when going to war. That way you get a bigger and a cheaper army.

Forgot to mention the Mughals. They also have lots of cores and a big population.
>>
Dreadyboys are strong and costly but contribute to your score, cruisers are strong and cheap but add nothing to score. So you build as many dreads as your ports can afford and then as many cruisers as you need to win.
>>
>>497367
dang actually sounds interesting
will check out later
>>
>>498396
you know there are other mods right?
>>
>>498801
Any feedback is appreciated! Especially screen shots.
I’m working on a major update for tonight to add in the ability to culture flip back to your tags original primary and accepted cultures for Nationalist/Populist/Traditionalist governments, as a counter to multiculturalism, and if it works how I think it will, you can theoretically install nationalist dictatorships into multicultural countries, and they will flip back to their mother culture and try to save it. Will take a few hours to make all the decisions, but will be done tonight. Check it out, 1.08
>>
>>498389
lol I’ll add more, but originally it was “American” culture in 1.01 so it made more sense then
>>
>>496190
>New Afrika
>Existing
What retard made this mod? Blacks barely make up 30% of the population of the South. Hardly enough to take over especially considering how they'd be more interested in killing each other for purple drank than anything.
>>
>>500373
If inbred southern hillbillies could (barely) run the south, I'm sure blacks could as well.
>>
>>500373
That's way more than there are Boers in South Africa but the Volkstaat still makes CWE better.
>>
>>500373
New Afrika is based
>>
>>500373
Seethe cracker
>>
does anyone actually read the invention blurbs? what have you learned in doing so?
>>
File: quality game design.png (3.02 MB, 1920x1080)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
>play strong nation
>game is trivial
>play interesting nation
>the game can just decide you lose no matter what
>>
>>500462
Based
>>
>>500851
that's why you savescum until it works
>>
>>500851
>Has 20 thousand extra troops laying around not in the battle
Kill yourself scrub
>>
>>500851
Man you fucking suck dick at the game don't blame the game design retard
>>
File: 1486375185669.jpg (19 KB, 403x302)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>500908
>>500910
>>
>>500851
>doesn't deathstack in early game
>doesn't pick off the AI's smaller stacks
>doesn't bait the AI into mountains (or forests)
make preparations to overcome bad rolls
>>
>>500920
>Thinks playing Mexico is hard in Victoria 2
Holy shit you fucking casual kill yourself faggot
>>
>>500921
>>doesn't deathstack in early game
That is 2 full armies, I just lost a lot of guys from a 9 vs 3 roll before
>>doesn't pick off the AI's smaller stacks
30 is pretty much the smallest relevant stack
>>doesn't bait the AI into mountains (or forests)
There's 3 mountains in the territory they're trying to take and if you wait for them to go there you bankrupt to war exhaustion.
>>
>>500928
The USA doesn't have enough troops to cover the entire front at this point. You can easily cross the border with no resistance and start sieging the midwest. The AI is quite reluctant to go and siege Mexico while there are foreign armies within its territory.
>>
does conquest of other countries as an unciv scale to said country's size? do you get more research points by attacking bigger countries?
>>
CWE is a very based mod, however it majorly lags in the late game
>>
>>489082
Ireland has to bully uncivs hard, otherwise a few decades in your population is just too small to be relevant.
>>
>>498547
Unironically this.
>>
>>501862
terrible mod made by someone who believes everything the UN spews
>>
>>498547
this but without a hint of irony
>>
>>502046
I always play as a Communist so I wouldn't know anything about that
>>
How do you check an army's current dig-in level?
I know you're supposed to stay entrenched for defensive bonuses but I can't see them.
>>
>>502662
When you click on an army it should be under supply
>>
>>500924
>playing mexico
>not an independent texas
Casual
>>
>>502687
I think you misunderstood fag nigger bitch
>>
>>502696
Leaf hands typed this post, get raked fagit
>>
>>501862
does CWE have an endgame cyber-communism kinda deal for the socialist nations to work towards?
think OGAS and Cybersyn
i dread having to suffer through 70 years of planned economy micromanagement with nothing rewarding at the end
>>
>>502721
The endgame of communism in CWE is communism with Chinese characteristics.
>>
>>498802
Cold war is a whole another beast.
PDM is overdesigned broken shit with horse factories.
There are althist mods but many if not most of those either never touch economy or use some version of hpm as base.
There also are several hpm derivatives and a russian gigamod that start in 1820.

I've been playing v2 since release and pretty much tried everything. HPM is still one of the best mods overall, imo. And definitely the best one to handle economy-politics.
>>
>>502721
https://github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE/commit/da0a393661e3f7352d4b5d7a187b699785cd4505

That's it, I believe.
>>
What should a Grobaustria look like?
>>
>>502845
Bavaria, Wurtttemberg, ASutria proper, South Tirol, Switzerland (german-speaking).

DLCs: Bohemia, Slovenia, Silesia
>>
>>502850
forgot baden
>>
>>502845
Austria, NZ, Indonesia, Malaysia, Micronesia, Madagascar, South Africa
>>
>>497367
>those modifiers
Lmao
>>
How am I supposed to grow support for reforms?
>>
>>503403
Militancy
>>
>>500851
>Be shit at the game
>Complain instead of learning how to play
It is all so tiresome.
>>
What's a fun nation to play as in Napoleon's Legacy?
>>
>>503432
Reino Unido
East India Company
>>
>>503432
>British Empire
Conquer Ireland and Great Britain to reclaim the birthright
>East India Company
Ancap India LARP
>Prussia
A little more challenge to forming Germany
>France
Remove the g*rmans from existence
>Reino Unido
Portugal, but fun
>>
How the hell does this happen? The only other time I've seen this was a game where I played Persia and it also happened with lumber. How does an entire state just have zero people employed? I tried raising tariffs which did nothing. I'm also in the US's sphere but i don't know if that makes a difference or not.
>>
File: whytho.png (1.78 MB, 2370x900)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>>503571
Fuck forgot pic
>>
>>503571
>>503572
whatever they're producing through artisanship is more profitable than what they would be making through rgos
>>
>>503574
I did get a massive influx of europeans after a civic change (from ~5k to the ~50k). And in the entire country it's only the lumberjacks who are unemployed.
Is there a way around it or just wait it out?
>>
>>503578
you can try encouraging labourers
>>
>>503579
or farmers, whichever one works that rgo
>>
>>503581
Laborers work the RGO. But every single one is unemployed. Like 5000+ of them. Most of the state is laborers they're just sitting there without a job while 0/8000 are working the recourse. It's confusing as hell.
>>
>>503582
no idea then
>>
>>503583
I think it has some shit to do with HPM. The only other time I've seen this happen was when I played Persia and the same thing happened. Every single lumber laborer was unemployed for a decade with no change in sight.
>>
>>503571
>>503572
>>503582
Low demand for timber causes the RGO to lay workers off. In your case, poor total rank + presumed low global demand for timber = no one employed
>>
>>503585
something something meme mod
>>
File: images.jpeg.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>503586
I think I just figured that out but thanks. Global supply is like 2900 but demand is 2100 on a good day. Explains why it happened in my Persia games too.
Thanks
>>
>>503589
Supply/Demand sorta leveled out at 3100/3000 and now all my lumberjacks are getting employment.
I learned something today after playing this game for years.
>>
>>503611
Wait, how the fuck did you even play the game without knowing of the market mechanics? Just build random factories and sphere random countries hoping it works out?
>>
>>503951
>Just build random factories and sphere random countries hoping it works out?
Isn't that what you're supposed to do?
>>
>>503951
I've finished several runs and did this for all of them.
>>
File: ummm_ok_AUS.png (896 KB, 1920x1080)
896 KB
896 KB PNG
>People ITT think AUS sucks
Apologize now
>>
File: 1605073335214.jpg (42 KB, 462x461)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>504335
>multiculti
>labor party in charge
>lots of prestige
>no industry or military
absolutely post-industrial
>>
File: v2_1.jpg (190 KB, 960x540)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Finally....GrobColumbiums... the GrobGermania of the southern hemisphere.
>>
>>504412
ugh...
>>
>>504335
how did
wjay
>>
>>504427
it was just a bugged decision loop I fixed after.
Took like 3 in game years to notice, I only did when the USSR was knocked out of #2 and the cold war ended, thanks Australia.
>>
>>504412
Maybe its GrobGermania of the southern hemisphere but real GrobenPrussians go for GrobChilebiums
>>
>>504504
Wait, if you knock USA or USSR from top 2 spots cw ends?
If you do it to USA anything interisting happens?
>>
>>504528
If the USA loses the cold war it can balkanise up into a bunch of meme countries like New Afrika.
>>
>>504558
Can you reconquer USA as United States of New Afrika?
>>
>>495695
>>496118
AI sucks at shipping troops over seas so you can accumulate a lot of warscore as a minor in South Africa against Burgundy in your case just by occupying your wargoal
HPM has an event that triggers a treaty giving South Africa the Cape if they occupy it for a year against the UK, so DoD might have the same against Burgundy
>>496183
>without any blobbing
>Romanian Sariwon
I get what you mean though it does seem like a good one
>>500394
Afrikaners are immensely more capable of running a state than Blacks, as evidenced by South Africa pre 1991 versus after 1991
>>
>>502721
No, it's the kind of "cold war" mod where it thinks gulags were slave labour camps that meaningfully contributed to the economy, and that Russians oppressed other minorities.

>take decision to promote Full Citizenship
>it says this will make Communism less popular among Russians
>>
HPM or Blood and Iron?
>>
>>504970
crimeamod
>>
>>504754
amazing insight from the devs, huh
guess i'll limit my playthrough to a couple different capitalist countries without touching the socialists, then
>>
>>500421
>>500394
>>500375
>>500462
>>500858
Hi Chang, how goes the dog eating? Been to Dalai Lama's place lately, what happened in June 1989 around that square in Beijing I think?
>>
File: images-ext-1.discordapp.jpg (78 KB, 1073x670)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Imperator: Rome vicky mod
rate it
>>
>>496190
>CSA dominated by new afrika
topkek
>>
>>496190
Can you balkanize it MORE?
>>
File: 73f.jpg (31 KB, 680x545)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>505049
China will win
>>
>>505141
it's shite
the mechanics don't fit at all
buggy garbo
>>
>>505348
Its in development m8
>>505141
Thats very old screenshot, im helping in the mod and it seems like it has potential
>>
File: v2_2.jpg (721 KB, 1920x1080)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
Look what they did to my boy.
>>
Question, since I'm an idiot and can't figure this out myself.
Forts. Do they give your units a defensive bonus, or are they JUST to slow down the question of a province?
Also, which is true in EU?
>>
>>505222
yes but if you're chinese why are you simping for american blacks
they are literally worse than purebred african blacks because they have an entitlement streak a mile wide
>>
>>505433
Forts in Vicky2 slow down occupation. Forts in EU4 obstruct movement via creating "zones of control", force the opponent to siege them down in order to occupy the province, and allow the current controller of the fort to always fight battles as if they were defending (i.e. if an enemy force sieges down a mountain fort for a year before a relief force arrives to give battle, the relief force will be defending while the sieging force will suffer the "attacker in mountain terrain" penalty).
>>
>>504412
GrobBrazil would be great
>>
Is Krakow to Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth fun?
>>
>>505462
I hate niggers but New Afrika is based and makes autistic Amerimutts seethe.
USA has Jewish as accepted culture and New Afrika doesn't, all you need to know
>>
>>505527
very
>>
>>505546
southerners are the only good Americans left and you just hand their land off to a bunch of apes
>>
>>505527
probably the most satisfying one
for some reason though i remember romania and even serbia being much harder
>>
>>505222
kys you low t Chinese faggot. Micro dick, NATO will bathe in chink baby blood just you wait.
>>
>>505546
>is the literal jew of far east asia
>>
how come nobody has made a mod that fixes the performance for this game
>>
>>505879
the performance is fine sudaca, just dont play bloatmods like hfm
>>
>>505887
i'm playing cwe
need my comfy communist japan numbah one supahpower
>>
>>505893
cwe has literally the worst performance out of any victoria 2 mod that i currently know exists and have played. even cutting the population down to 1/16th doesn't fix its performance issues. it's just a broken mod.
>>
>>505900
yeah, but it's just too based for me to drop
i'll just cope with it lagging like a bitch after a while
>>
finna make groBnigerium
>>
How am I supposed to make Yugoslavia when Russia's gone communist and doesn't want to be allies anymore? Germany or Italy won't ally me while Austria's allies with Britain and the Ottomans.
>>
>>506002
Go communist yourself
>>
>>506002
Why didn't you make Russia kill Austria in the early game?
>>
>>506027
I tried but then Russia white peaced like a total pussy so they could fight focus on attacking China, then they got clapped anyway and had a communist revolution.
>>
Is there any penalty for just never repaying debts in this game?
>>
>>506124
Bankruptcy occurs when a country's interest payments are higher than its income. (This means a country cannot borrow more money to fund interest payments.) Events or decisions may cause bankruptcy if they cause an indebted country to get a negative cash reserve; bankruptcy is declared immediately rather than an additional loan being taken out. A bankrupt country is displayed in red in the budget screen.

A bankrupt country loses prestige, and all countries whose national banks lent money to the bankrupt nation receive a "Repay Debts" casus belli. Should they enforce this casus belli, interest payments to the victorious countries will resume as normal. Should the country not be able to make those interest payments, the creditor receives a "Cut Down to Size" casus belli. Additionally, all spending sliders are set to the minimum and all taxation and tariff sliders are set to the maximum once bankruptcy is declared. The bankrupt country also gets a loan_interest modifier of 0.5, making future loans carry a higher interest rate.
>>
File: v2_4.jpg (662 KB, 1920x1080)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
Actually nevermind, Serbia doesn't need allies.
>>
>>505049
seething dixiecuck
>>
What's the best way to become south africa in HPM? I tried going with natalia but the UK never granted independence and I was stuck as a satellite
>>
>>506254
play a nonmeme mod and go to the politics -> release nations screen "south africa" "play as"
>>
>>490635
speaking of, what mods have that?
>>
>>496441
doing a run in B&I as Rio Grande do Sul, is currently 1919, am number 8 GP, didn't really even expand much, just went socialist, took over uruguay and part of argentina and industrialized the shit out of it
>>
>>506168
>NL has Flanders
>Scandinavia formed
>Lithuania, Brittany, CZ independent
>Austria still has large part of Italy
naisu
Anyway it looks like Serbia should be able to handle Austria with all the enemies it currently has.
>>
>>506258
none that I know of
none of the major mods (HPM, HFM, BAI, Crimeamod, Niggermod, etc.) have a proper genocide function
the only one that could maybe have one if you squint at it hard enough is Vickymod when you take over Haiti as France
>>
>>506258
just add one yourself
>>
Why the fuck won't the AI make peace when my war score is so massive?
>>
>>506678
You can specifically genocide Turks as Balkan countries and genocide Greeks and Armenians as Turkey in BAI.
>>
File: v2_6.jpg (705 KB, 1920x1080)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
I fucked up this campaign, no hope of ever becoming a GP and annexing Greece.
Should have just prestigescummed.
>>
>>505049
>Dixie
>Anti-China
Literally why anon, if the South is ever going to rise again we are going to need a client to guard against the Yankees while we build up
>>
>>507538
and you should have rushed the healthcare reforms because the Balkans have very few pops
I don't know why you would want to annex Greece though, maybe for more naval bases but it's still non-core territory with a lot of unaccepted pops. When I played Yugoslavia I bullied the Turks for middle eastern colonies instead.
>>
>>507538
>Livonia
What mod is this?
>>
>>507767
blood and iron mod
>>507700
In the mod Yugoslavia can core Greece and accept Greeks, same for Albania and Bulgaria only for Greece you need to be GP.
>>
File: 1609283452188.gif (775 KB, 220x220)
775 KB
775 KB GIF
>Market socialist Yugoslavia, the founder of the non-aligned movement, can't join the non-aligned movement in CWE
>>
>>507832
If you want a serious Cold War game, you play something from Kremlingames.
>>
File: 1592588277123.jpg (47 KB, 680x680)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>507832
>Yugoslavia
>Federalize. releasing a ton of puppets
>or get +0.10 militancy for 30 years
>>
>>507924
just kill rebels lol?
>>
>>507934
but that's cringe
>>
>>507807
I didn't know b&i was such a meme mod
not that the player is obliged to do dumb shit like that but still.
>>
I recently got into the game but I dont really see whats fun about it, it just feels like its making factories then waiting for infamy to go down to declare war again
Ive only played as germany btw
>>
>>508483
You're not really supposed to be declaring war all the time. War is usually a bad thing that kills your pops, makes people emigrate and just is generally bad for the economy.

Though honestly you need to be at least a little autistic to enjoy V2. If fiddling around with the economy and seeing the culture map slowly change over 100 years isn't fun for you then you'd probably prefer a different game.
>>
started playing vic2 first time today,
Is HPM mod mandatory?
>>
This was on sale for 75% off so I bought everything on Steam, what're some fun nations to start with?
>>
>>509168
USA, Prussia, and UK for newer players. Russia, Austria, Italy (doesn’t matter who you start as), and Japan are some of my favorites though and have a lot of potential if you can pull them off successfully.
>>
Is the pop demand mod good? I have seen a few mods use it as a base like divergences of darkness but is the mod by itself good too or should I just stick with HPM?
>>
dod uses hpm now because pdm's economy is hilariously broken
play it once or twice for curiosity's sake but dont seriously try to play it as your main mod
>>
Are there any must-have mods before I get too deep into this?
>>
>>509350
take your pick of blood&iron(/crimeamod), hpm or hfm
blood & iron is the one that runs the fastest and doesnt make as many major changes around the world as hpm or hfm, instead just focusing on content and flavor in european countries
hpm is the "default" vic2 mod and (at least on 4chan) it has a divided opinion because many people don't like the changes it's made (adding a bunch of random nigger cultures in africa, massive arbitrary buffs of lazy-fairy, changed mining techs because he fucked with the supply and demand of rgos, etc)
hfm is hpm but bloated with lots of shit and it runs like garbage. if you're one of the people who just wants as much stuff as possible play hfm.
>>
>>488633
Is it worth it to form poland lithuania? Do they get ukranian or belorussian accepted or is it only polish and lithuanian?
>>
>>509296
HORSE FACTORIES
>>
>>510116
Idk about vanilla but in Napoleon's Legacy the non-Russian east-slavs are one culture called Ruthenian and you can accept them as the PLC.
>>
File: cheemiest CSA.jpg (234 KB, 1357x826)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>488633
Not my grob, but behold! The worst CSA!
Pretty bad US too, guess it's genetic or something
>>
So, just bought this Vicky II since it was at an 75% discount, i also got House Divided and Heart of Darkness, whatever the fuck is it they do.

Any uh, noob tips?
>>
>>512311
Play Prussia if you want to learn war and diplomacy
Play Brazil if you want to learn economy.
Never ally the Brits.
>>
>>512519
>Play Prussia if you want to learn war and diplomacy
Won't starting with Prussia just lead to getting dogpiled in massive european wars? Generally speaking, shit like chaotic 'everyone kills everyone' conflicts end up only making me learn less. I know this because i recently downloaded CK II Too
>Play Brazil if you want to learn economy.
Wait, Brazil? Really, Brazil? I mean, i was going to play it sooner or later because i'm a huetard, but economy? Brazil? Won't that just be...coffee?
>Never ally the Brits.
That's just generally good advice for real life.
>>
>>512524
Prussia is one of the most OP countries in Victoria 2. You're rarely, if ever, going to get into a war you didn't start yourself and you're railroaded to form Germany. All you really need to watch out for is a Russia-France alliance, but even then it's possible to form Germany without the French bit so you wouldn't even need to worry about that. Since Prussia already has great literacy and industry it's probably the most-noob friendly country.

>Wait, Brazil? Really, Brazil? I mean, i was going to play it sooner or later because i'm a huetard, but economy? Brazil? Won't that just be...coffee?
100%, Brazil is basically the tutorial island of Victoria 2. You have no neighbours you couldn't roflstomp if you had to, push reforms and you'll get fat amounts of immigration to fill up your workforce and your army and you have abundant resources for your economy. The only major resources Brazil doesn't have are coal and oil, which only become a problem super-late game and which you can easily get by colonising Africa or just from your spherelings. Playing Brazil is like playing America, only without any major wars to worry about.
>>
There is very little gameplay in this game outside of wars. That's why playing as anything below secondary power is mind numbingly boring.
>>
>>512548
>>512524
Another great strength of Brazil is that it's a monarchy while every other country in the Americas is a republic, this means if a shitty party like the liberals or anarcho-liberals gets elected and starts fucking up your economy you can just appoint whatever party you want instead
>>
>>512589
Pleb
>>
There has been an update to the Ending Extension Mod, the mod that extends HPM to 1950, featuring balance adjustments and Southeast Asian independence movements. Check it out if you want.
https://github.com/ujtcelvn/Ending_Extension_Mod
v0.4.1 changelog
>moved ship construction and naval engineering from 1926 to 1930
>added spread of local_intensive_agriculture to both production events (event 29905) and event modifiers
>artificial_herbicides now also increases farm_rgo_eff
>removed scientific_agriculture and intensive_animal_farming
>buffed bassinger_tool and stamped_small_arms
>plastics inventions also improve silk production, representing artifical silk
>added fischer_tropsch_process
>adjusted rocket_experiments invention chance
>added oil production switch in Goods.txt
>motorized_infantry_activation made slightly easier to invent
>mechanized assault arm supply cost increased
>buffed heavy armament tank inventions
>added finest_hour to culture
>moved political thought 7 to 1936
>demographic transition based on literacy and clerks
>tax refund tiers reduced to 2
>hormuz strait now active if suez canal is built instead of if it's past 1880
>improved_antibiotics make some diseases less likely
>great_war_3, total_collapse, and no_more_war make Strange Influenza more likely
>buffed metallurgy_7
>adjusted mining inventions
>Decolonization of Vietnam (event 99900), Indonesia (event 99901), Malaysia (event 99902)
>>
>>512548
I followed your advice and...

holy shit it' boring. It's so boring it hurts. This game is boring. The economy is literally just random numbers flinging themselves across the screen, you can't even feel if you improved because it frog hops like a schizo. The resources are literally just an mountain of numbers, and they don't even matter in the end. I tried going to war with paraguay, and the battles are so boring it hurts. It's literally just some stupid dicerolls, and suddenly half the enemy army dies.

Shit, this game is boring. I hope i can get a refund.
>>
File: v2_2.jpg (610 KB, 1920x1080)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
Sorry for party rocking
>>
>>512856
It's not random, you just don't know how to play. Which is fair, not everyone is autistic enough for this game.
>>
>>512856
What an incredibly retarded and reductionist take. It sounds like no game is ever going to bring you enjoyment, so why you would ever enter a strategy game board to complain is beyond me, but maybe you're just the hoi4poster trying out a new line of bait posts.
>>
>>507291
real genocide or some gay ass +20% assimilation buff or some retarded ass emigration modifiers?
>>
>>512921
It's not that i don't know, even if i don't, shit like the battles being boring is just a dealbreaker. It's literally just luck and numbers.
>>513000
>so why you would ever enter a strategy game board to complain
Well, i enjoyed CK2. Still do. Considering it's another paradox game, i'd have thought it would be actually fun
>>
>>513001
Like 90% of the Turkish population just vanishes.
>>
>>513014
>shit like the battles being boring is just a dealbreaker
>i enjoyed ck2
What?
War in ck2 is just recruiting the highest martial guys from the character finder and baiting the AI to attack you into defensive terrain
In victoria2 you at least have to manage multiple armies, often on multiple fronts, and can build your own armed forces (instead of levies+cultural retinue). I won't pretend the naval combat is exciting but at least it fucking exists.
>>
>>504412
Reminds me of my Großcolumbia attempz
Two reactionary revolutions in the first year.
Instantly switched to pres dictatorship and the monarchy.
Fun times.
>>
>>513080
Dont forget that horse archers completely rape in the early game
>>
>>513000
>It sounds like no game is ever going to bring you
No, he just doesn't like Victoria 2. Stop sperging out because someone doesn't like what you do
>>
>>513174
I don't care if he liked Victoria or not, it's just the reasons he gives are retarded and can be applied to literally any game. If he's capable of making excuses like this then it's clear they don't even understand what part of games they actually enjoy or dislike. This contributes absolutely nothing. Actual quote:

>holy shit it' boring. It's so boring it hurts. This game is boring. The economy is literally just random numbers flinging themselves across the screen, you can't even feel if you improved because it frog hops like a schizo. The resources are literally just an mountain of numbers, and they don't even matter in the end. I tried going to war with paraguay, and the battles are so boring it hurts. It's literally just some stupid dicerolls, and suddenly half the enemy army dies.

>>513014
I will now use CK2 as an example.

>holy shit it' boring. It's so boring it hurts. This game is boring. The traits are literally just random modifiers flinging themselves across the screen, you can't even feel if you improved because it changes like a schizo. The characters are literally just a mountain of stats, and they don't even matter in the end. I tried going to war with West Francia, and the battles are so boring it hurts. It's literally just some stupid tactic rolls, and suddenly half the enemy army dies.

And now Darkest Hour for fun:

holy shit it' boring. It's so boring it hurts. This game is boring. The economy is literally just random numbers flinging themselves across the screen, you can't even feel if you improved because it frog hops like a schizo. The resources are literally just an mountain of numbers, and they don't even matter in the end. I tried going to war with Germany, and the battles are so boring it hurts. It's literally just some stupid dicerolls, and suddenly half the enemy army dies.

Oh wow, look at that. I barely needed to change any part of that because holy shit it's generic. It's so generic it hurts. This post is generic.
>>
>>513200
Maybe he has a point and Paradox just sucks at making games.
>>
>>513219
Pac-Man:

>holy shit it' boring. It's so boring it hurts. This game is boring. The cookies are literally just random pixels flinging themselves across the screen, you can't even feel if you improved because it resets like a schizo. The score is literally just an mountain of numbers, and they don't even matter in the end. I tried fighting back against the ghosts, and the battles are so boring it hurts. It's literally just some stupid power pellets, and suddenly half the enemy ghosts die.
>>
>>513219
>>513237
Actually fuck it, I’ll do another. Here’s Rome: Total War

>holy shit it' boring. It's so boring it hurts. This game is boring. The battles are literally just random soldiers flinging themselves across the screen, you can't even feel if you improved because it routs like a schizo. The resources are literally just an mountain of numbers, and they don't even matter in the end. I tried going to war with Carthage, and the battles are so boring it hurts. It's literally just some stupid missile volleys, and suddenly half the enemy army dies.

I will hand it to that anon though, this is some high-quality pasta.
>>
>>509128
Having one of the overhauls is pretty essential, yes
HPM, HFM, Blood and Iron, and the Grand Combination are good.
There's also an HPM extension that lengthens the game to ~1950
https://github.com/ujtcelvn/Ending_Extension_Mod
>>
>>509363
>>509350
There's also the secret forbidden ultra-bloat mod from the now-defunct 8gsg
https://github.com/Benisman1488/Anon-s-Historical-Bloat-Mod/
>>512856
>The economy is literally just random numbers flinging themselves across the screen, you can't even feel if you improved because it frog hops like a schizo. The resources are literally just an mountain of numbers, and they don't even matter in the end
filtered hard
>>
>>513080
Yes, but the battles actually feel more exciting. In Victoria 2 it's just "big army go and roll dice, you win, 6,000 enemies die"
>>
>>513200
Great unrelated example, retard. Traits don't change that much, and there's a difference between having 4 stats and having 50, none of which matter anyway because the economy is a goddamn rollercoaster.
>>
>>488633
What would be your ideal Victoria III, bros?
>>
>>513286
>sphere markets that aren't broken
>a bank that will invest money and can earn interest off of loans
>RGO's don't scale back production in response to reduced demand so the price of RGO goods will actually go down
>>
Playing Japan rn. Who should I be adding to my sphere?
>>
>>513311
Korea obviously.
>>
>>513277
The economy won't be a rollercoaster as long as you aren't using bloatmods and aren't a complete fucking moron who can't handle the game. If your economy is bouncing up and down you're doing something extremely wrong. And you're wrong on the other end as well. About half of the events in CK2 either give you a new trait or change one you already have, depending on your choices. Sometimes the events assign you a random trait out of 2 or 3 possible ones listed. The comparison fits perfectly and your getting filtered doesn't change that.
>>
>>513286
everything this guy said
>>513286
Plus
>Company mechanics that allow direct pop investment into RGOs and Industries
>Dynamic melting pot cultures created over the course of the game like dynamic countries in EU4, affected by the accessibility of the province
(Anglo-Indian populations emerge in accessible coastal cities and business centers, almost no mixing in interior jungle and arid rural areas)
>tariffs working like real life
>more in-depth combat
>>
i really should play more v2 but im holding out for v3. at least a rerelease with a better map and shit would be enough to persuade me. oh and make modding easier pdx
>>
>>513329
>If your economy is bouncing up and down you're doing something extremely wrong.
Well, there SHOULDN'T be anything wrong with it, it's just bouncing down like crazy because of the international market being schizphrenic and random.
>About half of the events in CK2 either give you a new trait or change one you already have, depending on your choices
Good thing those never fucking happen, then. I've went through god knows how many kinds, they rarely ever change traits that often. Only NPCs change that fast.
>>
wait so is crimeamod a different mod from blood and iron or is it like anon's bloat mod for hfm that you need to activate bai and then crimeamod?
if it's the former then what's the difference between the two?
>>
Is there anything to do with colonial provinces aside from using them for soldiers? Since you can't make the majority of them states and all.
>>
>>503951
Laissez faire m’dude
>>
>>513311
Use sphering to decrease opinion of countries you want to annex, Great Powers will only intervene if they’re in sphere or friendly relations
>>
>>513543
RGOs, naval bases, harrassing other colonies, and you can eventually get decent amount of soldiers from it
>>
File: based_crimea_mod.png (1.83 MB, 1920x1080)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>513530
its standalone, and its slavery mechanics are pretty cool, never seen a mod where I can enslave new pops so easily
But it feels like a combo of HPM and HFM more stuff, alot of unhistorical stuff happened in my game, but nothing too off the wall. The Qing never collapsed into the warlord era, so idk if that's intentional.
The AI feels smarter/more aggressive.
>>
>>513588
Qing sometimes survives past 1936 in HPM too (I'm the EEM developer, and last time Qing survived until 1940)
>>
>>513588
>Enslaving the French
Based
>>
>>488871
Germany. You only really need one war with France the entire game, and if you don't feel like fighting them after that but also don't want to maintain a big military then you can always just let them take back Elsaß-Lothringen.
>>
>>513397
>Well, there SHOULDN'T be anything wrong with it, it's just bouncing down like crazy because of the international market being schizphrenic and random.
Oh, so you admit you know nothing about the economy and aren''t even capable of handling it. That makes this much easier.

>Good thing those never fucking happen, then. I've went through god knows how many kinds, they rarely ever change traits that often. Only NPCs change that fast.
Now you're just being disingenuous, there's a huge amount of events in CK2 which change your character traits, either by adding, removing, or swapping. Not to mention the events where the only option is a trait change. Well, if this was bait then you did a great job by making me reply but at this point it's getting more and more tedious. If you have anything of actual substance to say, you should hurry it up before the thread dies from your retarded posts.
>>
>>512625

Ending Extension Mod has been updated again, this time focused on military balance
v0.4.2 changelog
>naval engineering 7 only speeds up aircraft carrier construction instead of that of all ship types
>increase aircraft carrier unmodified build time to 480 days (16 months), - 70 days from techs = 410 days (13.67 months)
>increase aircraft_carrier build priority so AI builds them more
>motorized_infantry_activation made even more easier to invent
>>
File: Neocondream.png (2.06 MB, 1920x1080)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>>513872
are you going to add nukes into it? I like the ones in CWE desu
>>
I'm gonna combine the Ending extension mod, crimeamod and the better migration mod together
let's see what happens
>>
ok ending extension mod and crimeamod together won't work so I gott choose one of the two
>>
How do I get into CWE, bros?
It looks so based but it takes decades of waiting around and clicking pointless +5 prestige decisions constantly.
>>
>>513576
How do the RGOs help me if I can't use colonies for factories?
>>
>>514156
Depends, I love building ethno states in it, even if everyone says it’s just a meme.
First higher education can honestly be ignored unless you absolutely need to catchup in tech, if it’s 15-20% it’s ok until after 2020ish, because as it goes up, pop growth goes down, so you want to keep it reasonably low, or else you can drop into negative birth rates, which with enough immigrants you can offset, but it’s still a pain, and will kill and enthostate.
First get nationalists into power, use national focuses to make it so they can’t lose an election, will take a few years. they can give social polices and revoke political policies, which is what you want to create the one party ethno state, pass everything that gives pop growth, you can end up getting it pretty high with Healthcare, Child care, and pensions.
While also revoking upper house reforms until its ruling party only, this will allow you to revoke every polical reform and pass any social reform, until you revoke the final voting reform and become a nationalist dictatorship.
Next get traditionalists into power, and keep them in power long enough to change your national focus to tradition, this gives even more pop growth and lowers war exhaustion and consciousness.
Win wars and purge traitors until over 50% of your pops are traditionalist, will give more modifiers for pop growth. Also during this time amend your constitution to never change from tradition so you can freely swap to nationalist or populist if you need to pass other reforms, without the chance of losing your pop growth.
>>
>>513243
No one thinks it's a pasta except for you. How you think you could possibly make that comparison with Rome Total War when he was obviously finding watching numbers go up and down in a much less action based context is beyond me. You're just chimping out.
>>
>>514156
If you play an immigrant nation like the USA, nuke and destroy weaker countries to get their pops to migrate to you for crazy pop growth.
>>
>>514204
Also use the natalism decision as much as possible
>>
>>514218
>>514204
I've tried playing twice once as South Africa and then again as Yugoslavia. South Africa was fun, I just went for maximum multiculti to paint Africa orange with immigrants and formed the African union. Yugoslavia was a complete slog though, I was just stuck at secondary power and couldn't get any higher because Switzerland was number 8 with like 5000 prestige.
>>
>>514228
Try nationalist into traditionalist west Germany, I have a save where it’s 2010 and I have like 130 million and growing 50k a month. But ya, you need military victories a lot of the time to gain enough prestige to be relevant, go get lucky.
I always dope in the Olympics because 60% odds are actually pretty good for double the reward and less than that in punishment. You just need to be consistent about always cheating. It’s like a poker player, if you could guarantee a 60% win rate it’s always a net gain to cheat
>>
File: pol_pot_Germany.png (3.64 MB, 1920x1080)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB PNG
>>514228
here is that save in the 1990's>>514234
>>
File: Empire of china.png (1.44 MB, 1920x1080)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>514228
Nationalist China is extremely fun if you've never played them, once you win you can basically become whatever you want, and reviving the Qing is the most based one
>>
File: byebyechina.png (3.69 MB, 1920x1080)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB PNG
>>514228
also USSR to EU is OP as fuck, especially if you nuke china and India so nobody else can challenge you
>>
>Manchuria SSR puppet breaks away
>Chinks annex them
CHAAAAAANG
>>
File: gracious emperor.png (914 KB, 1920x1080)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>>514228
once you have more money than you can spend and a growing population this is the ideal political setup imo
>>
>>514203
Because they give you the goods that your factories use for the input of production. Oil, coal, rubber, silk, dyes etc. Or they give you RGOs that are consumer goods that will make your pops happy and let you sell to other countries ex: Tea, coffee, tobacco,
>>
>>514203
stuff produced by your RGO's are bought by your factories before they reach the global market, so you don't need to be in the top of prestige to buy rubber for example, if you have a few rubber RGO's in your colonies
>>
>>514211
>action = gameplay
>no action = not gameplay
Wow, what a high quality and intelligent post. I'm sure you have many more 400 IQ take you might like to share with the class.
>>
>>514375
>no action = not gameplay
Never said that, but I'm sure you would love to share your lack of basic reading comprehension with the rest of the class some more.
>>
>>488633
is vic2 like eu4 where you'll never truly be able to understand it? i don't like not feeling like i have mastered something
>>
>>514419
The eco will always have some components that seem like a mystery, but you should be able to piece together Vic 2 eventually. It doesn’t have the dlc bloat or updates of EU4 that make it annoying to keep track of.
>>
>>514419
You stated that you can't compare field battles in total war with the economy in Vic2, because field battles contain action. You disregarded the fact that both are parts of the core gameplay in each game, and can be interesting or uninteresting based on their own merits or the player's experience. Instead of recognizing this, you imply that either economy in Vic2 is not a part of gameplay, or that action is the only type of "real" gameplay which a player can be interested in. The comparisons I made are valid, you're just illiterate or can't seem to understand the overall context.
>>
>>514437
actually meant for >>514409
>>
>>514228
Oh ya, and non-aligned get an additional pop growth modifier
>>
>>514437
>Instead of recognizing this, you imply that either economy in Vic2 is not a part of gameplay, or that action is the only type of "real" gameplay which a player can be interested in.
I never did this. It's not a good sign when you need to make up arguments to have anything to say. If you can't see how you're comparing apples to oranges you might legitimately be missing a portion of your brain.
>>
>>514105
Yep, nukes are in the works
>>
>>514750
>I never did this.
>How you think you could possibly make that comparison with Rome Total War when he was obviously finding watching numbers go up and down in a much less action based context
Oh wow it sure sounds like you don't think the economy in Vic2 is comparable to battles in Rome Total War, even though they're both core gameplay features that players can be interested in. But you know, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm just making things up, and really what you meant is that the Vic2 economy system isn't core gameplay at all. Oh boy, I'm so glad a super smart anon like you can come along and show me the light on how core gameplay mechanics aren't core gameplay mechanics and can't be compared in an analogy because one core gameplay mechanic isn't exactly like the other core gameplay mechanic. You sure showed me! xD!
>>
>>488709
based
>>
>start a game of Vic2
>realize I have to reassemble and rebuild the army to make sense
>instantly feel exhausted
Should I just disband everything and wait for the soldier pops to stabilize?
>>
>>514825
I usually just use my starting army unless it’s all irregulars, and once the solider pops drop too low just let the division die eventually.
The problem can be if you disband everything, you might not be able to get all the goods needed to rebuild everything you want immediately
>>
>>513269
its literally the exact same in vic2 (except vic2's combat (at least in lategame european wars) requires more thought than "send bigger army into smaller army and win")
>>
>>513262
>There's also the secret forbidden ultra-bloat mod from the now-defunct 8gsg
the ultra-bloat mod is ultra-bloat (five fucking bhutans? really?) to the point i consider it unplayable so i didnt list it
>>
>>514140
what's better migration mod?
>>
>>515021
Now 'm curious, what other bloat does it contain?
>>
>>515058
im imagebanned so ignore the reddit, just look at the image
https://www.reddit.com/r/victoria2/comments/gwgtst/anons_edit_submod_for_hfm_is_like_playing/
>>
>>513262
>filtered hard
Not an argument, shit game
>>
>>515109
t. filtered
>>
>>515110
Shit game! Explain how it's any different from any other parashit game
>>
>>515124
lmao imagine being filtered not only by vic2 but also other pdx games
>>
File: 1546953988765.jpg (16 KB, 310x328)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>515071
>>
File: 1617235497221.gif (1.21 MB, 171x167)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
See, he can't actually explain what's good about it other than "just trust me bro" and screaming "filtered" when it's criticised. Victards are the highest calibre of paradox autists.
>>
I installed Napoleon's Legacy and there's no decisions showing for any nation. Is that intended?
>>
>>515141
filtered
>>
>>515148
No, there's supposed to be decisions. All the major countries should have some unique decisions.
>>
>>488709
No, they are the only humans
>>
>>514802
Man, you need to get fucking laid. Somehow with every single post you make you manage to embarrass yourself more and more. This is just pathetic. Find a hobby or something. You are way too attached to video games. I honestly can't even be angry at you. You're so petulant and immature I legitimately believe you have some sort of mental illness.
>>
>>515021
>>515132
It was really good a few updates back like 1-2 years ago then suddenly in one update he adds a billion separate micro-states that weren't even independent in the time frame for no real reason
>>
>>515148
>Napoleon's Legacy
>France is in eternal war against some noname rebel flag ""country""
>>
>>488871
Russia has everything you need
>>
>>515341
>I was proven wrong so now I'm lashing out
>I-I'm not mad or anything
>Don't even try pointing out that game mechanics exist in video games because I'll just throw a fit and run away from the conversation
>B-but I'm not mad
Sure buddy, now go make some more hoi4 threads.
>>
>>515467
That happens to me every time, kek. Also the game still crashes every single time royalists win the French civil war
>>
>>515541
Projection. Please take your medication.
>>
>>513262
And what is the mod in your screenshot, anon?
>>
>>517357
anons historical bloat mod
>>
File: DüpplerSchanzen1.jpg (1.54 MB, 3329x2085)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
I'm really tired of eu4's alt history when world in 1600 looks nowhere near actual historical outcome.
What is the best mod for Vicky that follows history? HPM?
>>
>>517442
probably HPM
>>
>>517449
Thanks.
>>
>>513262
Looks nice. Im gona play as poland, and see how it turns out
>>
>>517359
Thanks, seeing more content for Texas is always nice. Five Bhutans, on the other hand... I will check it out.
>>
File: 1586836075872.jpg (102 KB, 536x430)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>indian liberation
>even with a great war disarmament UK has 400 brigades
>every fight is a meat grinder because the UK will randomly show up with 100k death stacks and attack one of my split occupation groups
pic related is probably the worst I've endured so far, there's just so many goddamn brits coming in
>>
>>517462
First impressions is that 5 bhutans is a scam, there are only 3 bhutans, game is impossibly slow, and that polish political parties have retarded names
>>
>>517306
>projection
that you anon, sorry to burst your bubble
>>
>>517602
>continuing to project
Meds.
>>
>>515341
>>517306
>>517693
He’s right though. I mean sure, he’s clearly an autist but at least he hasn’t had a complete mental breakdown like you are after getting shit on. So not only have you apparently missed the point he was trying to make before, you can’t even admit when you’re wrong and start screeching the second it gets pointed out. It’s pathetic.
>>
>>517521
This might me most unbalanced mod i ever played. Industry is so broken i got 5th rank in it before 48, and become GP in same time, even tho i started as russian pupet
But its fun
>>
Do pops prefer to buy goods from my own domestic producers before others in my sphere, or is there equal access to the common market? I'm playing CWE as China and trying to secure the country's grain supplies, and I'm producing enough on paper for my own pops and factories plus a bit to export, but my poorest pops are having trouble finding any for sale (the world market has a severe shortage.) Is it being bought up by rich Koreans and Cambodians, or is there something else going on?
>>
File: 42960_20210407002003_1.png (3.27 MB, 1920x1080)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
>>488633
Ca va bien.
>>
>>518239
That depends on tarrifs
If they are high pops buy localy
>>
File: HappyChinaman.jpg (36 KB, 474x553)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>518239
The communist bureaucracy is simply lying about the actual output of goods. Many such cases.
>>
>>512090
I am physically incapable of seeing that CSA as one country and not automatically drawing the Texas border in my head.
>>
File: 64445.png (550 KB, 830x848)
550 KB
550 KB PNG
>>505141
The only hope for a true Vicky 3, that and EoanB
>>
File: superpower by 2020.jpg (89 KB, 1080x153)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>517504
it took over a million dead anglos and quite a few austro-hungarians but india is finally united
>>
File: 42960_20201112171704_1.png (3.16 MB, 1920x1080)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
>>518625
In my Great War I was able to secure naval dominance over the UK and I realized that if you have a fleet out in the channel it blocks off crossing between Dover and Dunkerque. Made for some easy victories.
>>
>>518480
>>505141
Honestly good on them for sticking with Imperator.
While still being pretty ehh, the base mechanics plus nuParadox modibility does make it probably the best vehicle for a Vicky mod.
It genuinely pains me that the Bronze Age mod jumped ship to CK3, though I totally understand why.
I may be currently fan-forking the Bronze Age mod to work with Imperator 2.0, hacking using winmerge has yielded a mod that will actually load to the main menu, but crashes on a new game
error.log is fortunately pretty extensive, so at least I have a list of what needs to be fixed
>>
>>518834
Someone has already updated the bronze age mod to 2.0 for Imperator, apparently with the permission of the old dev. You could probably try reaching out to that guy and asking to join the dev team which might be a bit easier. Plus, Imperator is probably a niche enough game to keep a lot of the more undesirable/attention-seeking modders away from it
>>
>>496314
they always always take that fucking decision, also the AI can't handle the fact that every single superweapon decision in CWE will give you 5 or 10 infamy and will go above 25 just from decisions alone at random times
>>
>>519027
>will go above 25 just from decisions alone at random times
its so retarded. in DOD japan has a decision to annex Qingqu at the cost of 20 infamy so they regularly hit 40 then death spiral
>>
>>517886
This is such a deranged view of the situation that, on top of the fact that there's a myserious lack of response him, I'm almost positive you're samefagging. I hope to God I'm right because having two people as dumb as him would be worse.
>>
>>514105
Don't bait me, the nuke system in CWE has terrible fallout (flat modifier for 50 years). sadly when I suggested a change to model it using a set of expiring province modifiers (to simulate decay) I got dismissed out of hand
>>
>>489098
oh my god this
as an actual libyan irl i hate how you cant form libya from playing tripoli and the region doesnt fucking have oil like it does in real life
>>
>>519131
>anyone who doesn’t agree with me is samefagging
>also if you don’t respond to me within 0.6 seconds you’re samefagging
meds
>>
>>517693
>I-I'm really not mad
>I still won't engage with the argument anymore because I was proven wrong and I can't come up with a convincing argument for why I actually wasn't
>N-n-now I'm going to keep throwing the same word at you over and over again with the hope that you'll leave me alone
You have to try harder than that, hoi4poster.
>>
File: yugo.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1080)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
what could've... no, should've been...
>>
>>518625
>>518680
ugh
>>
>>519296
>>519210
You're not even being subtle anymore, holy shit, why would you go to this lengths to win an argument? Do you really have nothing better to do in your life?
>>
File: retard.png (78 KB, 1286x611)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>519437
It sounds to me like you're the one going through great lengths to win an argument, considering you're conjuring samefags out of thin air.
>>
File: statue what.png (583 KB, 555x825)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
Yoink
>>
>>519693
poles stealing metal, of course
>>
>>519526
You have been the only one still trying to make arguments here. I've been actively asking you to take your meds for ages now. Nice inspect element by the way.
>>
>second time playing vic2
>Japan
>Conquer Korea
>Westernize
>Korean Liberation war starts
>start wrecking them
>Crisis starts, dont even know what that is
>Britain decides that now Korea is independent, just because
what? how can I even keep Korea?
>>
>>519147
>Don't bait me, the nuke system in CWE has terrible fallout (flat modifier for 50 years). sadly when I suggested a change to model it using a set of expiring province modifiers (to simulate decay) I got dismissed out of hand
That would be a better way to handle it, why not just make a sub mod for cwe or just do it that way in your mod?
>>
>>519693
Lol what mod lets other countries get it than the US?
>>
>>520299
I usually don't. Puppeting them is way easier. Vic 2 isn't really a game where you can expand outside of colonial provinces or as the U.S., primarily because no one will want to bother sailing over to fight you and they're at an insane disadvantage if they try.
>>
>>519693
How do you get this event?
I played PLC in Napoleon's Legacy and there was no statue of liberty or immigrants.
>>
>>520309
I do have it as a submod that I use locally. I just didnt want others to live with the base mod system's retardation. I get a feeling that the author is a tard boomer of the kind who believes nukes are undifferentiated doom machines with no nuance as to yield or deployment
>>
>>519795
>You have been the only one still trying to make arguments here. I've been actively asking you to take your meds for ages now.
Correct, because after losing and being proven that you're just making up random bullshit, you now have to resort to cope posts and delusions. Case in point:

>Nice inspect element by the way.
So now again you're unable to face any level of truth and instead resort to using whatever delusional excuse the voices in your head tell you to. Seek help.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (73 KB, 648x500)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>515048
basically removes shit like the new worlds +300% migration modifier and base negative migration modifier
picrel are the changes made by the mod
if you want to try it here you go
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w77966m2jxlcvm5/MigrationMod.7z/file
>>
File: options n sheeit.jpg (580 KB, 1756x1042)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
Pick for me /vst/
http://poal.me/jm3uih
>>
>>520982
Become secular, fuck islam
>>
>>520420
I’d say publish man, I’d use it. If he gives you shit point out his whole was based on some other dudes
>>
>>520420
What other retard boomerisms does CWE have, other than allowing coal black africans to magically assimilate and become French/German/English/Spanish/Italian/American/Japanese?
>>
>>521053
not just boomer stuff but general shortfalls
- basing everything on tax efficiency so you need 6+% bureaucrats for 100% admin efficiency
- also as a result, easy to go into negative tax efficiency, except you arent even paying the POPs money it just disappears
- 6 types of factories which turn (some RGO) into food (e.g. bakery, tea beverage factory, etc) none of which are ever profitable or used
- 2 different factory types producing telecom equipment, except one has more expensive inputs for the same output, as a joke
- as mentioned, every superweapon (chemical / biological / nuclear) involves a 10 AE hit, so AI will randomly go over and get containment war'd
- the containment wargoal has a cost of fucking 5 warscore, so every game China loses one battle and decides that's sufficient to let the UN dismember and occupy it
- badly spaced techs so that usually by early 80's you are totally out of tech to research until 1990 rolls around
- constantly changing fundamentals of the mod, there's an issue on github right now where hundreds of event conditions still reference the old reform that was replaced by the police security reform
- ships all start out named "chip nr1" (??)
- way too many political parties IMO
- China randomly climbs up and down GP rankings like a monkey as it repeatedly decides to build and then dismantle its entire industrial score
>>
>>520596
Did you actually create another persona just to try throwing my meds comment back at me? It's obvious to anyone with half a brain what you did and it's insane anyone would sink this low. You literally posted in your exact same voice, didn't respond to me accusing "the other poster" of being you when any normal person would, and the one time you typed a response as him it happened insanely close together after you were called out and you suddenly appeared on the scene in the post immediately following his when you said nothing new the entire day. But conveniently, right afterwards you say something when we both know you have nothing better to do.
>also if you don’t respond to me within 0.6 seconds you’re samefagging
This is a defensive statement for you, not himself, when any person would go on the offense and "he" didn't make a single new post after all this. You lack suck basic social understanding that you tried tricking someone to stroke your own ego and fell flat on your ass. If you can acknowledge how autistic you sound in one of your posts, you seriously need to do some self reflection. You aren't smart. You're a pseud who threw a tantrum like a child at the thought that someone doesn't like the same games as you, thinking you won any kind of argument when a child could think of something more intelligible than the shit you put out. Sincerely, take your meds. I know you would love nothing more than to throw that phrase back at me but we both know who needs them. You might actually be developing another personality.
>>
>>521098
anon, the voices are in your head, 4chan is a text and image board
>>
>>521098
>You literally posted in your exact same voice
What the fuck? Do schizos really?

>all this other garbage
Holy shit, I was just joking around with the delusion-talk, but you might actually be fucking insane. I don't need to respond to every single post about me, because I'm not obsessed with how people view me like you seem to be. You can think I'm a samefag or an autist or whatever, but at the end of the day, I know which posts are mine and which are yours. And I also know which one of us is having a complete meltdown over some text boxes online. And if you really want to use post times as """"proof""" of samefagging, I would argue that you and I are actually the same 8-million IQ turbo-autist samefag considering how quickly you've responded to me in earlier posts. That would be a real surprise, huh? Actually, since apparently I'm the crazy one, maybe I've just been making you up this whole time, and all the times I've responded shortly after you have just been me samefagging and creating a really intricate argument LARP. Hell, maybe EVERYONE in this thread is actually me. I mean, look at how many people reply to each other within 24 hours!
>>
nobody responds to accusations of samefagging with multiple paragraphs unless they samefagged
>>
>>521208
Voice is another word for tone. You really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.
>>
>>521208
>I don't need to respond to every single post about me
Except you did besides the one I'm accusing you of.

>And I also know which one of us is having a complete meltdown over some text boxes online
That'd be you. You threw a fit because some guy didn't like your game and continued you to for several days. I don't understand how someone can stay so angry for so long.

>And if you really want to use post times as """"proof""" of samefagging, I would argue that you and I are actually the same 8-million IQ turbo-autist samefag considering how quickly you've responded to me in earlier posts. That would be a real surprise, huh? Actually, since apparently I'm the crazy one, maybe I've just been making you up this whole time, and all the times I've responded shortly after you have just been me samefagging and creating a really intricate argument LARP. Hell, maybe EVERYONE in this thread is actually me. I mean, look at how many people reply to each other within 24 hours!
Equally dumb argument as your first one. After all this you still don't know how to make 1:1 comparisons.
>>
>>521310
Voice and tone are not synonyms, even in literary usage. Sure, they share somewhat similar definitions, but play fundamentally different roles and interact with each other. There is no reasonable way to interpret this anon's usage of "voice" to mean anything other than physical voice, unless you're retarded which I guess you are.

>>521346
>Except you did besides the one I'm accusing you of.
I'm replying to the discussion chain that I'm actually a part of, not whatever tangent you and some other idiot started. If you and another anon want to start a splitoff conversation then that's your choice, the burden is on that anon to answer you.

>That'd be you. You threw a fit because some guy didn't like your game and continued you to for several days. I don't understand how someone can stay so angry for so long.
I already stated that I didn't care if he liked or hated Victoria 2. The only part I cared about was that he was making retarded, half-assed generic posts which don't contribute anything. Which is also why I decided to start replying to you, because you made some equally retarded posts.

>Equally dumb argument as your first one. After all this you still don't know how to make 1:1 comparisons.
Well since you appear to be incapable of understanding sarcasm/hyperbole, I can give you an actual 1:1 comparison. You yourself stated "and the one time you typed a response as him it happened insanely close together after you were called out and you suddenly appeared on the scene in the post immediately following his when you said nothing new the entire day. But conveniently, right afterwards you say something when we both know you have nothing better to do." Now, right after my post, there were 3 responses which all were made right after one another within 35 minutes, and with somewhat similar posting style. Now by your logic, these are all very likely samefag posts made by you, correct?
>>
>>521500
>There is no reasonable way to interpret this anon's usage of "voice" to mean anything other than physical voice, unless you're retarded which I guess you are.
>In literature, “voice” refers to the rhetorical mixture of vocabulary, tone, point of view, and syntax that makes phrases, sentences, and paragraphs flow in a particular manner
You are literally retarded if the first thing that came to your mind was physical voice.

>Now, right after my post, there were 3 responses which all were made right after one another within 35 minutes, and with somewhat similar posting style. Now by your logic, these are all very likely samefag posts made by you, correct?
The posting styles weren't similar at all. They were completely different. Are you missing a portion of your brain? I might have given you too much credit.
>>
It's finally happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYUhN9gOgs
>>
>>521525
>In literature, “voice” refers to the rhetorical mixture of vocabulary, tone, point of view, and syntax that makes phrases, sentences, and paragraphs flow in a particular manner
>mixture
Since you're apparently illiterate, I'll try and explain the difference as best as I can for you. In literature, the "voice" is essentially how the narrator comes across. It expresses their point of view, their emotions, their inner thoughts, background, etc. It more or less acts like a fingerprint of sorts. The words and phrases they use, their overall speech patterns, etc. can all be used to distinguish one narrator or writer from another one. The same narrator will always have the same voice. Now tone, on the other hand, describes the attitudes or feelings a writer (or narrator) may have in a peice of writing. It can help do things like convey an author's disgust or reverance of different things without explicitly stating them. A narrator's tone can sometimes change throughout a novel, but they will still have the same voice overall. Similarly, you could have multiple different narrators/authors with many different voices, which all write with a similar tone in a passage. Not to say that tone and voice aren't similar, but to call them interchangable is beyond stupid.
>You are literally retarded if the first thing that came to your mind was physical voice.
Yes, forgive me. Anon is clearly a mastermind capable of discerning all the nuances of someone's writing style by looking at 3 posts and this is exactly what he meant, not the more commonly used definition of voice to refer to the sounds he makes in his head when reading.

>The posting styles weren't similar at all. They were completely different. Are you missing a portion of your brain? I might have given you too much credit.
You could argue that 1 of the 3 were different, but the other 2 were definitely very similar. Both use proper grammar, punctuation, arrogant tone, low conjunction/comma usage etc.
>>
>>521599
Everything you said about voice applies to the context I was using it in. How do you manage to say so much yet prove nothing except how dumb you are?
>>
>>521638
Sure, maybe it applies but you have to look at the context of the discussion and your choice of words. The post I made right before, commented on the voices in your head, and instead of using "narrative voice" or "literary voice," you just use "voice." Unless literary voice was already being discussed prior to that, there is no reason why anyone should interpret that as anything other than physical voice. We're basically applying occam's razor here: either we believe that you spent time analyzing the posts, noting the style they were written in and comparing the two, then making an assertion that all the posts were written in a sufficiently similar enough manner to have the same narrative voice. Then, after all this you just write "they have the same voice" leaving out any reasoning for why you thought such a way as well as leaving out any clarifying words like "literary," either by mistake or the assumption that everyone is going to know exactly what you mean even though the conversation was already on the subject of schizophrenia. So we either believe that, or simply that you read all those posts in the same voice. When confronted, you make a false claim trying to walk it back. When confronted on your claim, you walk back again saying "yeah well actually I guess it applied anyways lol." On top of this, you still refuse to answer my question on whether or not your own criteria for samefagging can be applied to the 3 posts I previously mentioned. I'm honestly not sure how disengenuous you can be, but maybe this is all some kind of expert bait to farm (you)s.
>>
holy schizo just talk about vicky
>>
>>521689
Nice mental gymnastics, we're on a text board. Saying "literary voice" would be redundant as it's implied, which you would understand if you had any brain cells. I know it's hard to reconcile your world with reality but you should make an active effort. I'm gonna take you making things up as a concession that you have no leg to stand on. Grow 30 more IQ points before you decide to post here again.
>>
>>521742
>Saying "literary voice" would be redundant as it's implied
>a niche definition doesn't need to be clarified
>solely based on the fact that this definition is being applied in a situation that's rare even for this specific definition
Talk about mental gemnastics. Perhaps I was wrong to assume you'd understand even the most basic concepts of English when you claimed that you knew what big boy words meant.
>>
>>521742
>>521771
Oh, and I forgot: you're still avoiding the question.
>>
>>518859
Ah shit, I leave a project for a week and someone yoinks it right from under me!
Seriously though, part of me wants to join forces, but part of me absolutely despises the funny joke that is Paradox Games Modding
Like seriously, everything about the scripting "language" is absolutely vile
I was just planning to get the thing running and then throwing it out there
>>
>>521930
it's regular enough you can convert it to/from JSON or s-expressions with a little sed and awk if you don't want to work in pdox syntax directly
>>
>>521959
huh, never considered that!
You got any links to read more about people doing this? I may be a programmer, but I am also a brainlet
>>
>>519147
>>520309
>>520420
Haha, the real reason I'm making EEM is because CWE has lots of dumb shit. When I make the nuke and strategic bombing decisions, I'm going to make sure the bombing effects are realistic, don't worry.
EEM Changelogs:
v0.4.2b
>fix national focus and province display bugs
>increase motorized_infantry weighted_value so AI builds them more
>Increase carrier weighted_value to even higher so AI builds them more (Only Japan is building any by 1940)
v0.4.2a
>Made Fort, Naval Base, Railroad level 7 gfx display properly
>increased carrier weighted_value to 120 so AI builds them more
>adjusted decolonization event localizations
>>
>>520982
So what more cultures do you actually get accepted in each route? Only Misri? Do other routes not get any cultures?
>>
>>522231
I like your mod, but my only problem is I don’t like the lack of CB’s in HPM, not being able to liberate an puppet is really annoying. But that’s a HPM issue not your mod.
Also the tax refund, if there’s a way to hide it I think that would work better, because sometimes if you have a ton of money stored up you just get spammed with it, idk if that’s possible though.
>>
>>522310
The tax refund event starts if you have more than 6 million dollars in your treasury. Yeah, I'm still adjusting the tax refund tiers.
Yep HPM cbs are like that. Perhaps I'll review them later, but they're a very low priority right now.
>>
File: 1540056836297s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
thank you paradox for probably making Victoria 3 easier and smother than Victoria 2 so casual players like me can play.
Oh and you fags can suck my cock
>>
>>523192
victoria 3 will never be a thing
>>
File: 1611173589928.jpg (307 KB, 1872x1872)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>523194
you wish all you guys have been crying so much that us the SUPERIOR NORM have heard it. Now we are curious. Yes we may not have played the original but we really are interested the new one now.
>>
>>522310
New update, just for you~
v0.4.2c
3 tiers of tax refund modifiers again to make tax refund event less spammy
>>
>>522241
don't think so.
>>
What are some colonizable lands that I can easily take and turn into states?
>>
>>523842
Pretty much all of the Pacific islands besides Papua New Guinea. Africa south of the Zambezi is probably the easiest in Africa.
>>
Does anyone know what the main menu theme from CWE is? Or where it's from?
>>
>>523922
>google "churchill roosevelt stalin photo"
>2nd result
>>
>>524052
He is asking about theme not photo you mongol
>>
>>524055
The theme is it's the big three leaders of the allies in WWII, are you blind?
>>
>>524057
>>524052
ha ha very funny. apparently it's called "Cortege", and it was performed by the BBC Orchestra, but "Cortege" is a pretty common title for music and I can't find which specific one it is
>>
>>518834
imperator is pretty fun to mod
much better than vicky in that regard, vicky 2 modding is like fucking an old crackwhore whose lack of teeth makes her blowjobs your biggest fetish
i'm very hopeful for the mod, its gonna be probably better than any vicky 3 paradox drops
>>
File: AH.jpg (1.12 MB, 1920x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>Called Austria-Hungary
>Has nearly no Hungarians
a proud people, wiped out
>>
>>524504
I too enjoy assimilating craftsmen
>>
Man, Ireland really was built to succeed, huh? Got a 5x great war capitulation and life's been good.
>>
>>523355
you'll get a copy of Imperator rome at launch
and unlike Imperator, they won't hand it over to autists
this is the best case szenario
>>
>>524664
Its not craftsmen, its something else. Probably retarded mod.
>>
Anyone else hardly ever play a game past 1900?
>>
>>525805
That's like the best part.
>>
>>525805
I always get pissed off by the #1 and #2 GP picking off and dismantling #7 and #8 in repeated bullshit Great Wars while #3-6 do fuck all, and then proceeding to be best friends for the next 30 years. It's so fucking boring
>>
>>526254
Ikr, if I was god I’d make a Vicky 2 remastered, and only optimize the game, and add in a AI front tool like in HOI3/4 so that the late game warfare could be a little less tedious, though I love having 1000’s of divisions don’t get me wrong.
>>
>>526350
I think there needs to be more ideological conflict to help create conflict between the top powers post 1900, like democracies, communists, and fascists all usually ally, and try to invade and spread their ideology
>>
>>526254
>>526350
I've been trying to modify HPM so that the AI doesn't shit itself with certain countries. I've managed to make France not poor as shit while Bonapartists are in power with a triggered modifier but I have no idea how to get Japan to not spam clothing factories and wineries and never build real industry.
I get frustrated by this in the 1890s and ragequit, usually.
>>
>play as USA
>every single fucking second I have to click away some retarded fucking pop-up about the slavery debate
It's 1864 when the fuck is this civil war going to happen fucking hell
>>
>>526643
Try Crimeamod, they did a very smart thing and made a hidden reform that prevents the AI from subsidizing factories, and the gameplay result is that AI industry is more stable and profitable, because it can’t use taxes to make a size 50 unprofitable factory, that closes once they finally run out of money for it.
>>
>>526666
you need 40% liberal in the upper house for it to trigger
>>
>>526672
Does this reform not trigger for commies and reactionaries?
>>
>>526666
WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT WICKEDNESS MUST BE STAMPED OUT
>>
>>526677
My upper house has been 49% liberal for like 20 years
>>
>>526666
cletus my son yu must chose
To our knights!
or
To southern labor!
>>
>>526679
It does, it’s just a sacrifice for the AI to be more stable and act more realistic intelligent (by preventing outright bad decisions)
But as the player you can turn it off at will and use subsidies like normal
>>
>1867
>still no civil war
>>
Got the Victoria 2 itch but can't decide which mod to play seems like community is active as fuck now wtf? Seems like there is

Hpm
Hfm
Hfm extended/expanded
Hfm anon edits?
Crimea mod
The great combination (mix of above?)
Dod
Cwe

Which one? Looking for content heavy autism
>>
>>526740
Play HFM once as a western and once as nonwestern to get the canon experience
CWE is extremely indepth and despite its failings can be a lot of fun
>>
>>526687
have you had both the dread scott and john brown decisions?
>>
>>526740
If you want to play Vicky 2 almost like stellaris, where slavery can be a viable alternative, Crimeamod let’s you enslave unaccepted quickly as you conquer them.
But it less historical than HPM or HFM
>>
Is crimeamod based on another mod? or built from the ground up?
>>
>>526776
It was built from taking parts of other mods, but idk what the base is, probably hpm or hfm if any.
It’s standalone
>>
>>526776
>>526782
its based on blood & iron but takes hpm's reforms
>>
>>526740
>>526769
Where can I get Crimea mod? Google doesn't turn anything up
>>
>>526785
Ya, I love the liberate and puppet CB, an almost can’t play HPM or HFM anymore without it
>>
>>526786
https://gitgud.io/nazbolgang1917/crimeamod/
>>526740
>content heavy autism
hfm for content heavy autism, hfm expanded edits for expanded content heavy autism, and anon's edits for HEAVY content heavy autism
>>
>>526786
The link is in the blood and iron general
>>
>>526672
Thanks. I've copied the relevant bits into my version of HPM.
It's a time sink but I prefer cobbling together my own.
>>
>>526792
>>526795
Thanks anons
>>
>>526799
Please share! I love that fix, along with the blood and iron CB’s, but otherwise I want a more historical game, which crimeamod in my experience doesn’t do
>>
What's the goal of pops?
>>
>>526810
Get more, get them literate, get them in factories, get them to sign up for the army, conquer more pops.
>>
>>526792
What about grand combination for medium autism heavy content?
>>
>>526813
I see
>>
>>526816
i have no idea ive never played it and dont know anything about it
>>
>>526799
Are you the guy who had the frca campaign share those files niggga
>>
>>526808
Here https://ufile.io/epk3839s
I did not include the BaI CBs (I think they're too powerful) but the subsidy fix is included. I also allow laissez-faire to destroy and open factories.
There are many changes in here including some events and decisions, and triggered modifiers from HFM. It has HFM's rhine crisis and splendid isolation for example.

Some more railroaded colonial things from HFM but not too many. Germany gets northern new guinea and cameroon, and the owner of outer hausaland gets Chad. These are impossible in HPM despite being historical so it felt justified.

Other big changes are a liquidity fix (AI does tax refunds at 1m treasury, player can use a decision at 300,000 treasury) and iron fix (reverses HPM changes to mining techs so there aren't massive iron/coal shortages. I also increased pop coal demand so there isn't huge oversupply late game).
Migration is adjusted based on HFM but toned down, with triggered modifiers to direct most migration before 1900 to USA, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. USA also gets a long baby boom at the start of the game, so it should reach something closer to its historical population in the AI's hands.
Many tweaks to help the AI with some things.

I don't know how it holds up late game but it should work.
>>
>>526843
Cool thanks man!
>>
>>526843
How tedious and time consuming is it to make events/decisions for Vicky 2
>>
>>526850
once you get the hang of it, it's not really bad, but the first couple will be hard and time consuming if you're not really a programmer.
>>
>>526850
If you don't care about localization and pictures (I don't publish my stuff so I don't care) it's easy enough. You can get started by copying existing things and modifying them. Testing is time-consuming but there's no way around it.
Decisions are very simple. Events are harder and I usually avoid making new ones if they aren't clearly the best solution to the problem.
>>
>>526860
>If you don't care about localization and pictures (I don't publish my stuff so I don't care) it's easy enough.
Even that stuff is easy once you learn it, learning it all is the hard part because of the lack of great tutorials (IMO) and the wiki isn’t super helpful explaining some stuff, like what type of encryption localization files need to be in.
Big tip is use Notepad ++, very helpful to visualize the events/decisions
>>
>be USA
>UK trying to invade
>big transport fleet in Chesapeake Bay
>Intercept it with my own fleet
>Absolutely destroy it
>Halfway through the battle their invasion force lands.

What the fuck?
>>
File: image_2021-04-13_113151.png (3.36 MB, 1920x1080)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB PNG
fucking anarcho liberals
time for a purge
>>
>>527183
>what type of encryption localization files need to be in.
wtf, is that why it never worked for me? Pls elaborate.
>>
>>527496
You should let them win and create the free, libertarian paradise of America
>>
>>496999
here i gooooo
>>
File: 1589552958280.jpg (626 KB, 1920x1080)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
>US got tagteamed by UK and mexico and then the CSA
>gets BTFO so badly that the peace negotiation I make is with the war leader, the dominican republic
and yes, i'm trying to fix these awful borders through gradual wars
>>
can someone repost the rollchart? it's dead for some reason

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.